UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 05-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #451
Median Dia
About Time

Keith was quick to give his pokemon their freedom- and Chroma was quick to tense up upon hearing a certain, and particularly dreaded, name. She knew that Stewie had undergone some sort of change when they last met, but if he decided to try anything... well, she wasn't too sure that her pokemon could do the job.

Aside from the ledian, Keith had brought along a sort of sentient snowflake thing with trails of raw energy streaming from its core and a... segmented sphere thing that didn't seem to understand how the Ultra Ball's aesthetic was supposed to work? Evidentally, both pokemon were pretty shy, so she decided that it would be best if she didn't disturb them- even when the sphere broke apart to reveal that it was essentially a overly-close faerie circle.

The other visitor had more familiar slew of pokemon in addition to her literal hollow shell of a companion. She had a staryu and an inkay on her team and was thus familiar with both species already (well, Andromeda was a starmie, but the point still stood), and Amicae had not one, but two, swoobat. Medicham were a pretty common sight up in the mountains where Chroma's parents preferred to hang out, so she had a decent idea of what those were all about as well. The only really 'new' pokemon Terri brought was her flying cicada with glowing red orbs for eyes and giant claws, though it did bear some physical resemblance to Vanish. Perhaps the two were related?

"Ahem. H-hello, everyone," Chroma managed to say after taking a moment to relax herself. "Welcome to my not-so-humble abode! Please feel free to explore if you so wish, but please don't break anything- other pokemon included!" She turned to Keith with a somewhat sly look on her face. "So, when'd you pick up an inkay?"

'Hello, Anion! My name's Amity!' answered the female swoobat, with a voice filled with her namesake quality.

'And I'm Nadie,' the other finished, revealing himself to be male. 'You... feel familiar, like you've been here before. Well, it's nice to meet you anyway, Anion!'

'You'll find Bell in the lake downstairs,' Amity quipped, answering the minun's question now that introductions were complete. 'It doesn't seem like I have to tell you, but don't worry- he won't bite outside of battle~!'

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:16 PM   #452
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer

With the pair of visitors' Pokémon all sent out, Chroma greeted the Pokémon, giving them free rein to explore as they wished, requesting only that they don't break anyone or anything. The Pokémon in general seemed agreeable to this idea. Anger didn't bother to indicate whether she'd heard Chroma or not, the Ninjask idly zipping around the room. Stewie, on the other hand, made a point to turn to Chroma, establish eye contact, and give a clear, obvious, and sincere nod, hoping to convey some reassurance that his presence no longer meant needing to prepare for trouble, much less making it double. His eyes, now a calm blue rather than a piercing red, were devoid of the malice they once so often displayed, and it was Stewie's hope that Chroma pick up on this.

Chroma's attention, however, turned to Keith following this, at which point she asked when he'd gotten an Inkay to begin with. "Well, it's kind of a long story," Keith said, in a tone suggesting he wouldn't mind telling it. "You ever hear of Phantom Isle?"

~~~

The pair of Swoobat introduced themselves. The female's name was Amity- the male's, Nadie. According to Nadie, Anion felt familiar, as though she'd been here before. "Well, you're feelin' things right, Nadie," confirmed Anion. "Been here before. I was along for the ride last time my Trainer swung by here. That's when I met Bell and made friends with him, for that matter." She didn't seem as enthusiastic once told that Bell could be found in the lake downstairs. Bodies of water and Minun did not mix. But Anion shook it off almost right away- she could put up with the threat of getting wet to see her friend. "Alright, cool, thanks for the directions," she grinned, and she was off just like that, seeking the quickest way to the downstairs lake.

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:19 PM   #453
Median Dia
About Time

Chroma had picked up on Stewie's intended message, as evidenced by her relaxing a little, though she didn't drop her gueard all the way. Many trickster pokemon had mastered the art of looking innocent and sincere while simultaneously plotting to stab you in the back when given the chance, and Stewie had already proven himself smart enough to learn such a trick if he so felt like it. That, and dropping one's guard when surrounded by so many unfamiliar people was never a good idea in general.

"Hmm, i can't say that the name rings any bells," she answered Keith's question, keeping her mind off her more paranoid thoughts. "It sounds like a cheesy Halloween event."

The swoobat both flew into the main room after parting ways with Anion, noticed that a story was already being told, and quietly joined the group. Well, mostly quietly- Amity couldn't help but softly squeak out a greeting.

While not much had changed in the stair room compared to the last Anion was here, wat had changed was pretty big: the cocoons had been labelled with where they lead, both in writing and with pictures. Sometimes, it's the small quality-of-life things that make some of the greatest differences, and this side of the Cathedral's infrastructure was a fine example of that!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #454
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer

Chroma relaxed, though not all the way, Stewie noticed. Not that this surprised him especially. He knew what he had been, what he was once completely fine with doing to others. He knew it'd take time to get everyone to see that he was no longer that Pokémon. He supposed that a good start would be not even trying to take advantage of Chroma relaxing.

Keith chuckled at Chroma's response. "It does, doesn't it?" he agreed. "No, more like a haunted amusement park." At this point, he noticed a pair of Swoobat entering, one of them squeaking out a quiet greeting. He smiled and nodded to acknowledge them both before going into his story. "So one day, me and Meowth head out to Phantom Isle, just to see what we can find."

"Because dat's such a good reason ta go to an abandoned haunted amusement park," Meowth piped up."

"Anyway, I also had Myrtle with me- one of my Banette," Keith said, as though Meowth hadn't spoken. "We headed into this abandoned funhouse, and a little ways in... well, we encountered a bunch of ghost children, and each of them had an Inkay." He gestured to George as he said this.

"Oh, yes, George was telling me about this the other day," smiled Terri.

"So the ghost children wanted to play hide and seek," Keith continued. "And the Inkay used their Topsy-Turvy move to make everything crazy. Colors were inverted, little kiddie puzzles and obstacles were turned into big, scary obstacles, type matchups were swapped around, and you basically had to do the least logical thing to move forward. My Pokédex and the Xtransceiver I wore at the time stopped functioning, but these toy walkie-talkies that this Hypno gave us when we entered the park, they started working like they were the real deal. They then separated me, Myrtle, and Meowth, so in addition to having to find the ghost children, we had to find each other. And did I mention we had to do all this by midnight or else we'd be trapped there forever? And with my Xtransceiver not working, no way to check the time, either." He gave a small chuckle. "So... Meowth was freaking out pretty bad, and who could blame him? It took a lot of doing, but I managed to reunite with Meowth, and after all the ghost children had been found, he and I found Myrtle... along with one of the ghost children who claimed we'd cheated and shouldn't be allowed to leave. He... was pissed," sighed Keith. "Went mad with ghostly power or something, and brainwashed his Inkay and forced it to evolve into a giant Malamar and attack us. I used my Scolipede and my Crobat to battle it, but they both lost. So now I'm starting to freak out a little bit, when Myrtle gets my attention. The other ghost kids, they gave me this odd grey stone as a prize for finding them all, and Myrtle had been drawn to it. Turns out, when it was cracked open, there was a Banettite inside," Keith grinned. "So yeah, Myrtle was up next. I Mega Evolved her for the first time ever, and we emerged victorious. Unfortunately, it didn't end well for that one ghost boy- there was no calming him down, so the only way to stop him from attacking was to attack him back. We were still on kind of a time limit, bear in mind- he'd opened up this freaky portal that was sucking in all the other ghosts, and even Myrtle was starting to feel its tug, so it's not like we had time to figure out something better."

"Hey, don't keep beatin' yerself up ova dat," Meowth said to Keith. "Ya did all youse could do."

Keith nodded. "...Anyway, after that ghost boy was... well, gone... the portal changed, pretty much completely, becoming just this... this bright light. The other ghost children went into it very willingly, and, well... once we left the funhouse, that same Hypno showed up, and confirmed what I'd guessed by that point- they'd moved on to the afterlife. Following that, though, the Inkay and Malamar, they didn't really have anything keeping them there anymore. The Malamar, by the way, went back to normal. But yeah- one of those Inkay is this guy right here," he concluded, gesturing to George. "He wanted to come along with me, so I obliged. He was part of the team for a while, until Terri here came along, and some of my Psychic-types realized she might be better suited for them than me." He gave a shrug. "I mean, that wasn't easy to hear, but in the end, that's what a Trainer's gotta do, right? Do whatever's best for their Pokémon?"

"So he asked me to use them against him in a battle," added Terri. "And once he did, he was in agreement that they'd be in good hands with me."

~~~

"Oh, cool," Anion remarked as she saw the cocoons. These, as she recalled, were one wild ride. And this time, they were labeled to indicate where each one went. "Nice touch, especially considering I dunno where the hell the one leading to the lake would be," the Minun chuckled, searching for whichever one was labeled for her intended destination.

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases