UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #151
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- Things quickly went from chaotic to outright bonkers, all because Volg had decided that this battle was his to win. However he had thrown himself straight into a scrap against powerful Pokemon, Pokemon that held a distinct type advantage against him. While Stahl would have made quick work of the Ground typed lackeys the Decidueye had summoned, the fire typed Volg would need things to go his way if he was to stand a chance. It seemed the fire lizard had a plan though, he began to gather solar energy but as his trainer soon pointed out, the graveyard was a gloomy area, with poor light penetration. It would take time for him to charge his attack, time he might not have if he was ganged up on by the encroaching Marowak and Krokorok.

"Can you even control your Pokemon", barked Sir Bryant, having seen the exchange been Volg and Stahl."Pull your shit together and get your Pokemon in line." Turning his attention back to his Metagross, Sir Bryant began to work on bringing the Decidueye down."Metagross, get in quick with a Bullet Punch, follow with a Meteor Mash!" The Metagross quickly burst forward, its legs leaving the ground as it makes use of its psychic levitation. It hurtles through the air at blinding speed, smashing into the Decidueye and sending it fluttering backwards. It doesn't take long for the experienced hunter to gather its senses however, with a swift movement it navigates around the bulky steel type, finding an opening on its flank. The archer strikes with its claws, raking an astonishing blow across the Metagross's flank before gliding back into the shadows of one of the mausoleums.

With combat starting, the Marowak and Krokorok begin to plot against you and your Pokemon. The two split up in an attempt to come at you from different angles, making it a much harder task for Munchlax to guard the charging Volg. The Krokorok is the first to come in for the strike, Munchlax glimmers as it strengthens its defense, only to be met with a burst of mud that splatters across his face. Eyes obscured, he can't react in time as the Marowak attacks, swinging its club-like bone into Volg's stomach. The Charmander skids backwards, claws dig into the cobblestone as he stabilizes himself. He manages to hold the charge, which is slowly growing in power, but that hit hurt. Scraping the mud from his face, Munchlax repositions himself, stepping in between the Marowak and Charmander.

Sir Bryant's Metagross scanned the graveyard, trying to catch sight of the Decidueye. This was the owl's home turf though, it wouldn't be found unless it wanted to. Suddenly it appears from above, striking the Steel type with dark clad talons, a true sucker punch. Arcing around, the Metagross catches sight of the Decidueye before it can disappear into and pursues it. Its body is surrounded by a shell of steel energy as it collides with the Grass type, crushing it into the side of a mausoleum which is barely left standing after the collision. It seemed that Sir Bryant's Metagross would have the upper hand, but only if it was able to pin the Decidueye down for long enough.

Volg finds himself gathering attention again, it seemed the Krokorok and Marowak were ready to come at him again. Marowak tosses its bone, prompting Munchlax to intercept it. The bone smashes into his shoulder before arcing out and around through the air. By the time Munchlax turns around to face the Krokorok, it is gone, as if it had disappeared into thin air. That's when he notices the ground beneath his feet shaking, it was digging! He tries to rush to stop the attack but as he does the Marowak's bone comes spinning back, striking him in the face and knocking him onto his back. The Krokorok erupts from the ground beneath Volg, sending the Charmander flying into the air with a powerful, super effective attack. The Charmander somehow manages to right himself in mid air, taking aim at the Krokorok he releases the mass of solar energy he had been gathering. The Ground type is struck by the devastating beam head on, the light overwhelms it as it is sent tumbling backwards. Volg crashes to the ground, he had taken quite a beating, but he was holding on for now. The Krokorok was quickly back to its feet, it was clearly stronger than the Fire type, it seemed it would take more than one super effective hit to put it down. However the Krokorok seems to be acting differently, the dark energy that had previously filled its eyes was no longer present. The ground type looks around, as if taking in its surroundings for the first time, before turning tail and running off between the mausoleums.

"What happened there?" Sir Bryant shouted, having seen the Krokorok retreat. It seemed strange that just one hit was enough to rattle the Krokorok, maybe there was something else at play?
Rorik could do nothing but look on as his already frail strategy fell to pieces and Sir Bryant made a point to berate him for it. It was no surprise, really - he'd taken Volg in to prevent him from being lynched by the population of the town he was born in, after he burned the Hatchery down, but he had no long-term plans for the rogue Charmander. He should've known from the start that he had no qualifications to keep such a creature in check, and should have just dropped him off for adoption elsewhere rather than bring him along on an adventure.

"I'm sorry," he muttered under his breath. In the heat of battle, nobody would hear him, and he knew it, but the mixture of shame and terror he felt prevented him from speaking any louder. "I'm so sorry..."

The knight handled his foe admirably, as expected, with the Metagross clearly overpowering Decidueye who only managed to fight back due to the advantageous terrain. If left undisturbed, there was little doubt in Rorik's mind that Sir Bryant would eventually succeed in toppling the archer, but in order for that to happen, the scientist would have to do his part... and that was his cross to bear. A heavy, heavy cross.

Munchlax...

The bear had dutifully placed himself between Volg and the attackers, but it was only a matter of time before he was overwhelmed, even with his heightened defense. After all, they lacked both the strategy and the strength to defeat two evolved Pokémon, and it wasn't long before Marowak's Bonemerang sent Munchlax tumbling to the floor in pain, leaving the Charmander completely unprotected.

But while the bear had been toppled, Volg somehow remained standing - either through sheer force of will or the unnatural resilience conferred by the Baimon rage - and even managed to land a devastating hit on Krokorok! The happiness, however, was short-lived, as the Solar Beam proved insufficient to knock the foe out. Until...

What is it doing?...

Despite retaining plenty of health, the Krokorok suddenly turned tail and fled, like a veil of darkness had been lifted and its senses restored. It made no sense, as the Ground-Type could easily fight back and destroy Volg with little effort, but as if invisible shackles binding it had been broken, the crocodile seemed to lose all interest in the fight and leave.

While this was a relief for the Professor, it wasn't the case for Volg - breathing heavily and bruised all over, the Charmander suddenly roared and his tail flame erupted to even higher proportions, and he prepared to chase down Krokorok to finish the job, leaving everyone else behind to conclude the fight no matter what.

He's already uncontrollable in his enraged state... is this what happens when Blaze triggers on top of a Baimon curse?!

He didn't think it through; for once in his life, Rorik acted purely on impulse. Leaping forward, the Professor tackled Volg before the lizard could give chase, pinning him down while the Charmander flailed about. As he struggled to contain the beast, Rorik's eyes landed on the downed Munchlax...

I have to call out to him... he's our only hope now!

Now? Munchlax had been Rorik's only hope a number of times before. And in reality, the bear had come through for him almost every single time, despite the rocky start to their relationship. Initially the two most distinct creatures on the planet - the rule-abiding, calculated-approaching Trainer and his gluttonous, lazy, self-centered Munchlax -, the adventures they'd shared together had changed them both. Perhaps Gottfried's old partner had changed the most, and for the better, while Rorik felt he was still pretty much the same useless man of theory as he'd always been... but the fact that their bond had grown much stronger than he could've ever expected was undeniable.

Who would've thought that Munchlax, of all the acquaintances I've ever made, would turn out to be my hero much like his old Trainer?

The bear's ultimate act of selflessness had just been displayed. Without a hint of hesitation, Munchlax had hurled himself into harm's way to shield a Pokémon he barely knew, risking his own safety at Rorik's orders in a manner that he never would have only a few months back. Had the Professor finally earned his original partner's respect?...

"M-Munchlax!" cried Rorik, while Volg's flailing became more and more intense, "Please... please get up! I'm sorry I jeopardized your safety, but..."

Why not admit it?

"... but you're my most treasured companion, the one I trust the most!" he finally said. "Stahl, Volg, they both have names and yet, I never bothered to give you one - I could never find the right thing to call you! But I figured it out!"

Hang in there... just a little longer! Come on Rorik, don't let Volg escape!

"A hero's name! The greatest hero in Heimlan lore... Guntz, Slayer of Jotnar! That's what you are - a hero who can topple anything and anyone. Took me a long time to realize that..." Rorik admitted; he didn't care if Sir Bryant considered him even more of a loser for that. "So please, one last effort, it's all I ask! Please!"

For a moment, nothing seemed to change. Volg continued to fight Rorik's grasp, which was weakening steadily, and Munchlax - Guntz - remained on the floor, motionless. And then, it happened.

Is... is this?...

A powerful burst of light suddenly emanated from Guntz, a blueish white glow that enveloped his entire body. His frame grew larger, and larger, and larger, until the bear became twice as big as Rorik. As this happened, Guntz rose to his feet and roared, and when the light finally faded, the Professor's partner stood proudly, no longer a Munchlax, but a fully grown !

"Munchl... No, Guntz! You... you just..."

Even Volg stopped squirming and resisting, instead staring at the newly revealed colossus and sizing him up as a potential new foe. Chasing after the Krokorok seemed to be, for the time being, forgotten in light of this latest turn of events.

Peering over his shoulder, the gigantic bear grinned at Rorik and gave him a thumbs-up, before shifting his attention back to Marowak, the only remaining enemy left to deal with. And now, it fell on Rorik to keep up, and issue the right orders to live up to Guntz's expectations!

"It turned out alright in the end, heh?... Very well! Guntz, let's put what Queen Lilligant taught you back at the War of the Roses! Blast Marowak with an Energy Ball, then close in and show everyone the power of Return, the strength of our Bond!!"
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 10-16-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:54 AM   #152
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,735
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Gemini Spark- You agreed with Emily, the biker's hideout was a good place to start, but what about the Seismitoad? Surely it wasn't safe to leave them alone, there was a fair chance someone could turn up to sabotage the farm again while you were away. Luckily you had a big guard dog/dragon who would be able to scare off any potential trespassers. You give Wendy a quick grilling, making it clear that she wasn't to go snacking on any Seismitoads. The Salamence is reluctant to start with but eventually she comes around. The pacified giant lifts herself into the air before parking herself on the roof of the barn for a better and more comfortable vantage point. Both of your Seviper as well as your Dratini seem intent on slipping into a food coma, so you recall them as Emily calls for you to follow her.

With Henrietta and Nissa perched on your shoulders, you follow Emily as she leads you over to the barn, her Palpitoad trailing behind her. "We should get there faster on these," Emily pushes the barn doors open to reveal two quad bikes, both of which have a crate on the back. Emily picks up her Palpitoad and sits it in the basket on one bike before retrieving a pair of helmets. She tosses you one while Henrietta and Nissa hop into the basket on the back of the bike, it would be safer for them in there. "It's pretty simple to drive, we will go slow until you get the hang of it but let's get going."

You both mount your bikes and a turn of the key brings them to life, filling the barn with the buzz of the engine and the faint smell of exhaust. You gently give the throttle a turn, causing the quad to lurch forward, it seemed simple enough. You let Emily lead the way, heading out the front of the property she leads you onto a rough old road that weaves through the swamp. It didn't take long for you to get used to the quad, before you knew it you were handling it like you'd been driving one for years. It's about half an hour before Emily begins to slow down, as the engine grows more quiet you can hear the sound of music in the distance. Taking caution, you continue towards the clubhouse. Soon you spot the building between the trees, it wasn't much more than a large shack. The warp tin roof was covered in rust, surely it didn't provide much protection from the rain. Seven motorbikes were parked out the front of the dilapidated establishment, most of them were polished meticulously, a stark contrast to the clubhouse.

"Well, we're here Hyrem," Emily turned off her quad and removed her helmet. "It seems there are a few of them here, should we go in all guns blazing or should we take another approach?"
Emily leads everyone to the barn with Wendy sitting on top of it, the Salamence watching the approach and wondering what they were about to do. "We should get there faster on these," Emily says before opening the doors, and Hyrem could see two all-terrain vehicles, a fairly classic ride for rural folk. A crate was fastened on each vehicle, presumably used for Pokemon passengers or other items. "I've...never ridden in one of these, let alone drive one," Hyrem confessed as Emily placed Ginny in one of the crates and tosses one of two helmets she grabbed to Hyrem, Nissa and Henrietta both taking the cue to hop into the other crate. "It's pretty simple to drive," Emily assured Hyrem, "we will go slow until you get the hang of it but let's get going."

With not much choice but to trust his new companion, Hyrem strapped on his helmet and sat in the ATV, starting his up alongside Emily's before figuring out how to make it move, how to steer it, how to back up, etc. with all of it...well, straightforward at least. (Wendy told me later that she actually growled at the sudden noises and was going to attack the strange things that sped out of the barn but saw our beloved trainer on one of them, not in any danger, and thought better of it. She also wasn't a fan of the strange scent that she tasted when they came to life, it bothered her sensitive, forked tongue even after they were gone!)

Emily led the way to the clubhouse, and even when they were offroading he had gotten used to driving the ATV by then, though his Pokemon made sure their hands were firmly on the crate as the whole vehicle bounced around the unfavorable terrain. After thirty minutes, Emily slowed down, Hyrem followed suit, and the quieting of the engines allowed them to hear the music somewhat close by. Soon enough, they came to the dilapidated clubhouse, more like a rusted metal shack than anything, with seven motorcycles parked outside, all of them looking good as new, and Hyrem got the sense that the shack was more of a hangout place than any real base of operations. "Well, we're here Hyrem," said Emily as she turned off her quad bike and took off her helmet, Hyrem doing the same. "It seems there are a few of them here, should we go in all guns blazing or should we take another approach?"

"Well, if you know what kind of Pokemon they have, we can go in knowing how to battle them. Otherwise, I think we should sneak around, see how many of them are really here, maybe get a good look at their Pokemon if they have any of them out. Nissa, Henrietta?" "Treecko!" "Froakie!" came the two responses as they leaped back onto his shoulders. "You two keep your eyes and ears peeled for whatever might be coming if we're going to scout the place out. Also get ready for battle, I'm guessing they won't give us any answers without a fight!" The two nodded, both of them tensing with excitement as this was their first real battle outside of their hunting grounds near the base, and since it would take place in a damp, forested swampland they felt comfort in an environment they were used to.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:58 PM   #153
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,283
Maskerade- After you pour out your heart and trigger the newly christened Guntz's evolution, you now find yourself in a slightly better situation. With the Krokorok during tail and fleeing, you now had a newly evolved Snorlax and a Blaze triggered Charmander to aid you in taking down the Marowak. Hopefully Sir Bryant would be able to but his adversary to rest as well, as there was no way of knowing whether the Decidueye had more minions waiting in the wings. The newly evolved Guntz gathers a ball of energy in his gaping mouth, letting the sparkling sphere swell before launching it straight for the Marowak. Seemingly undeterred by the loss of its partner and the incoming super effective attack, the Marowak leaps forward, bone raised towards the heavens. Utilizing its bone, the Marowak cuts through the energy ball, the resulting explosion still likely causing it a large amount of damage. It carries on however and with a swing of its bone it lands a Brick Breaking blow into Guntz's side. Thankfully his evolution left him with an even more robust figure, the Snorlax tanks the blow with little more than a grunt of pain.

"It was the light you fool!" Sir Bryant shouts over to you, having watched you try to send the Marowak on its way."Metagross, Flash Cannon the Decidueye, do it now!" The Steel type groaned as it fired a shining beam of steel energy towards the skulking Decidueye. The luminous beam clipped the Decidueye's wing, it wasn't a perfect shot but perhaps it was enough? Hope was lost as soon as the Decidueye fired back, a ball of condensed shadows slams into the Metagross, adding to the damage it had already collected in the exchange. Guntz pays little attention to the fight between the Decidueye and Metagross, he seems much more interested in sending the Marowak on its way. He charges forward, empowered by the strength of his bond with his trainer, the bond that had just led to his evolution. He slams into the Marowak, sending it flying backwards, only to crash into a mausoleum. A normal Pokemon would have likely been knocked unconscious by such a blow, but the Marowak seemed to not even feel the hit. It quickly sprung back to its feet, the dark aura around its eyes glows brighter than ever.

Suddenly an eerie tune begins to radiate from the Marowak, sending a chill down your spine. It seemed to be having an effect on your Pokemon as well. Guntz was stumbling backwards while even Volg, in his enraged state, seemed to be intimidated.

"That's Perish Song!" Sir Bryant shouted, "Metagross take it out now, Flash Cannon! The Steel type wasted no time landing in front of its trainer before quickly changing targets it fired yet another luminous beam of steel energy. A perfect shot this time, the Metagross finds its mark, hitting the Marowak's skull. Suddenly the eerie tune came to a stop. The Marowak shakes its head, assess the situation then runs off, much like the Krokorok had."Ha! There we go, I knew we were onto something." Sir Bryant celebrates but his lack of attention on the Decidueye has left him exposed. An arrow shrouded in energy slams into the ground in between him and his Metagross. Energy flows through the ground and wraps around both the Metagross and its trainer, shackling them to the ground and rendering them unable to move. Meanwhile, the Decidueye disappears into the mausoleum it was perched on when you first saw it.

Sir Bryant tries valiantly to free himself from the trap the Decidueye had caught him in, but his efforts were fruitless."We're going to be stuck here till it wears off, you need to follow it in there and put an end to this. It will have trapped itself in there, the door should be the only way in and out." Giving up on his struggle, Sir Bryant calms himself."I hate having to rely on you to finish this, but I don't really have a choice. This is the best chance we are going to get, so don't stuff it up or I will have you flogged." With the conflict clearing for now, the Riolu that was accompanying the knight comes out of hiding. It stands between the two of you, unsure of what it should be doing."You go with him, help him if you can but don't get in the way, got it?" The Riolu nodded sheepishly before moving closer to your side.

Guntz and Volg gain 1 level each
(You are temporarily joined by a lvl 11 Male Riolu)



Gemini Spark- "I have no idea what sort of Pokemon they would have", replied Emily, "I would expect them to be pretty tough though, since these guys have a pretty tough reputation. I think we should probably sneak around and see what we can find out like you suggested." With the next course of action settled, you and Emily creep closer to the clubhouse. Nissa and Henrietta remained perched on your shoulders, keeping an eye out for any trouble. Emily carried her Palpitoad in her arms, being careful to remain as quiet as possible. Flanking around the side of the building, you come to a window. Both of you have a quick peek to make sure no one was looking straight at you. Thankfully no one was, but you did get a quick assessment of the room. A bunch of seemingly drunk men were slouched around the room, they were tall and scrawny, there heads were shaved bald and each wore a leather jacket marked with the same logo you had found near the farm. A quick count of the room gave six bikers, but there were seven bikes outside, where was the last one?

Fro!

Suddenly Henrietta is alarmed, spinning around you soon understand why, a younger man dressed much like those inside was standing not too far away, an Electrike was snarling by his feet."Well what do we have here....", the man whistled and the Electrike let out a howl, resulting in a burst of activity from inside the clubhouse. Before you knew it, all seven members of the Swampgators were around you, there eyes locked onto you and Emily. After a few moments of silence, one of the bikers steps forward, presumably the leader.

"This is what you would call a private residence", the man's english was rough, he was clearly poorly educated."We don't take kindly to trespassers around here, you better get to talkin before we get to beaten."

"You're calling us trespassers!" Emily bursts out before you can caution her, "you're the ones who were skulking around my farm! We even found your logo hanging on a tree near our damaged fence."

"I think you would call that a coincidence", the man paused as his followers chuckled."What exactly did you intend on doing about it?"

"I want to know why you were there!" Emily shouts at the top of her lungs in order to be heard over the laughing bikers.

"See now that information is top secret, we can't go telling it to every girl with a temper that comes storming in here. Tell you what, you beat old Jesse in a battle and I will tell you everything we know." The man grinned, as if he was hiding something.

"You've got a deal!" Once again Emily had rushed into things, agreeing to terms before consulting you."Now, which one of you is Jesse?"

Suddenly all the bikers broke into hysterical laughter, slapping their needs and holding their ribs."None of us is Jesse", the leader pulled a whistle out of his jacket before giving it a blow. The sound was so high pitched you could barely hear it, something else could hear it loud and clear though. You hear stomping coming from the swamp, getting louder with each passing second. Suddenly a towering figure appears between the trees, eventually entering the small marshy match at the back of the clubhouse. A giant Feraligatr lumbered across the soft ground, mud squelching under its tremendous weight. It seemed to be much larger than normal, it was likely much stronger as well."This is Jesse, he's been here for decades, maybe longer, we don't know. You can use them three Pokemon you got there, I doubt they will last long though, he's never been defeated." It seemed you had been given a monumental task, but given how vital the information was, it didn't seem like you had another choice.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:01 PM   #154
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post

Biggggg5- As if waking from a coma, you find yourself in a strange environment. Thankfully it doesn't take long for your memory to return, you had somehow found your way into the catacombs running underneath LMN. Hotstuff was lighting the dark tunnels, you give the little Charmander a pat on the head, thankful that he is still with you after all this time. The fire lizard looked eager to explore, but where exactly were you meant to go? You had asked around town for a map of the catacombs but everyone you asked either had no idea what you were talking about or quickly changed the subject. It seemed a bit odd but you had paid little attention to it, what's the worst that could happen?

You decide on a direction and head off down one of the tunnels, unsure what way you were actually heading. The possibility of you getting lost was high, there was no way of knowing if anyone else was getting around down here. There was no sign of other Pokemon around, perhaps they were weary of strangers. It seemed like you had been walking around the tunnels for ages, although it reality it probably hadn't been more than twenty minutes. Suddenly Hotstuff spins around as he hears a rock skid along the ground behind you.

"Freeze punk!"

Flames fill Hotstuff's mouth, illuminating the tunnel a little more, revealing the source of the voice as you spin around to face it. Your hands instinctively rise above your head as the first thing you see is the metallic gleam of a glock pointed at your chest. Following the gun back to the person holding it, a grizzly old man, worn from years of conflict. The only thing more worn than the man is his black leather jacket. Looking to the man's side, you see a Squirtle, the Water type seems ready to step in and protect his trainer."You're coming with me thief, we finally managed to track you down, you've pulled your last heist. Now, call off your Charmander and come with us, you're going to show me where you hid the loot then I'm taking you in."
The back of Big's neck starts to sweat as he and his starter pokemon travel through the caves, he starts entertaining the idea that he may, in fact, be lost. And that's not even to mention the fact that he hasn't seen a single pokemon on the trek. He gives Hotstuff a reassuring headscratch which, despite the blue Fire type's typical demeanor, did seem to be appreciated. It was also possible he had completely misjudged the time he had been down here and it was just too soon to give up. As the pair marched forward he is soon stopped by a voice and a sound Hotstuff noticed before he did. The pair turns to see an old man brandishing a gun at him along with a squirtle. Normally Big would have stopped to fawn over the water type, a pokemon he admired a lot when he was younger and at one point may have chosen as a starter. But he was more distracted by the gun pointed at his gut. "Woah man, I don't know what you are talking about but I don't want any trouble." He says putting his hands up without a fuss. "Aww come on," Hotstuff says. "I wanna see what happens to a gun if I hit it with a flamethrower, I bet it would explode awesomely." Although to Big's currently untrained ear it comes out as growls toward the old man. "No Hotstuff." The trainer says sternly, and the charmander regretfully steps behind Big's leg, very obviosly backing off. Big nods to the charmander approvingly and looks back to the man. "Listen sir, I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about. I don't know where any treasure is. I'm just a trainer looking for new pokemon." He says. "And I'm certainly not a thief."
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:48 PM   #155
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=
[JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]Your first capture, a surely momentous occasion for you and Eclair alike. Eclair approached the small pink ball, picking it up and dutifully handing it to you. You were in awe, this officially marked your first true milestone as a trainer. Although the little creature was a little... aggressive. I mean, it had tried to kill a little girl by chomping down her life force. But it was still very cute, and the best part was --- it was yours, and the girl was of course safe. As your stared at the pink Pokeball that Eclair had handed you, you felt the girl begin to stir in your arms. You looked down, seeing her shocked expression as she noticed a stranger.

Although you tried to make the girl feel calm, she begin to bawl loudly. You were unsure if she was more upset by the fact that she was scared and alone with you, a stranger; or, if she was mad that her clothes had been ruined. She shook as you introduced yourself, her small body shaking with every muffled sob and whimper that protruded from her mouth. She nodded rapidly as you spoke about trying to help her, a smile forming before her lips slowly contorted into a small squiggled frown upon seeing your new friend.

"P-p-palmier is a p-p-pretty name..." She shook as more tears streamed down her face, it was obvious she was quite afraid of the small candle. You had to wonder how much the girl remembered before the candle started snacking on her life. "T-t-the pretty c-c-candle made me feel funny..." She looks up at you, confused. "I remember touching it... and t-t-then I remember waking up in your arms, M-miss A-phee-na." You giggled hearing the young girl struggle with you name, you had to wonder how old she actually was.

"I live..." She looked around, glancing towards the large hole in front of her, and then backwards towards a large mausoleum. "O-over there... past grandpa's home." She pointed towards the mausoleum, she suddenly seemed to have a realization. "I came to visit grandpa! But the cute melty thing was floating near him, it was too pretty to ignore..." She glanced towards the mausoleum again, "I was ah-pposed to read him a story... mama says it helps him rest..."

It seems the girl came to visit her grandpa, she wants to read him a story... but it's late --- maybe you should just get her home? What do you do?


Despite the girl's tears, she seemed willing to confront her ghostly attacker. For such a little thing she certainly was brave, especially being out here by herself.

"No more trying to eat small children, got it Palmier?" Athena addressed her Litwick. He looked unamused, but wasn't trying to go after the girl again. The trainer listened patiently to the girls recollection of previous events. She followed the girls direction to look at the mausoleum. It wasn't too far away, and she thought it was rather sweet that this girl wanted to read a story to her grandfather. At the same time, how on earth did her mother allow her to wander the graveyard alone?

"Mawiii..." Eclair let out a rather exasperated sigh, drawing her trainer's attention over to her. She motioned to her burn.
"Sorry Eclair!" Athena immediately jumped to grab the Mawile's Pokeball from her bag. "You deserve a rest, thanks for your help." She held out the device and Eclair disappeared in a flash of light. She would have to find something to help with that burn soon, before the Mawile ended up fainting.

"We can go read the story to your grandpa," Athena adressed the girl again. Palmier seemed more relaxed now that his opponent was safely away from him. He peered curiously at his new trainer as she spoke. "It's getting late though so we have to be really careful. Can you promise to stick close to me and Palmier? I promise we will protect you." She smiled and held out a pinky, hoping to seal the promise with the girl. Interested, Palmier copied her and held out a small, waxy hand as well.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:17 PM   #156
Median Dia
About Time
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- Fate seemed to steer you in the right direction, while you couldn't find the hoodlum Herdier, you did manage to find something else you were looking for. The mystic arts weren't a strange concept to you, whether this fortune teller truly had a gift or was looking to exploit you was unknown. However this mystically Freya seemed to glimpse that you were in search of something, perhaps she could provide you with the lead you needed? Eager to suss things out you head inside, following Elen through the bead shroud and into a dark room, lit only by a few candles that did little to illuminate the room. The woman sits at a large round table, a lace hood rests over her head, long blonde hair flows down over her shoulders. She gestures for you to take a seat opposite her, which you hastily take. The two of you sit in silence for a moment, Elen drops his camouflage to come into view, not that it is a surprise to Freya.

You hear a rattling sound as the fortune teller produces a large satin bag, placing it between you she pulls the drawstring to reveal a small pile of bones. She then places both hands palm up above the bag, you wait a moment before realizing she wants you to do the same. As soon as you put your hands above the bones, the woman produces a needle from her sleeve, quickly pricking the middle finger on each of your hands. You go to recoil but Freya wraps her hands around your wrists, holding your hands still as droplets of blood drip down onto the bones. Suddenly the bones begin to glow with a faint cyan colour, as they do the fortune teller releases her grip of you, allowing you to pull back your hands. With a swift and practiced motion she scoops up the bag, muttering shallow yet ominous words before flipping the bag over, tipping its contents onto the table in front of her.

You sit in silence as Freya scans over the bones, they still glowed faintly and seemed to illuminate as she moved her hands over them. After what seemed like an eternity, Freya finally breaks her silence."The finger bones of an ancient Druddigon, carved by the first people to settle in this area. They require strength and guidance but they can give you a glimpse of what is yet to occur." Freya motions to the first gathering of bones, a larger bone sits on top of a clutch of smaller bones."See how the larger one sits over the others, that symbolizes the leader, but I don't think it is about you. No, I think you seek the leader." She then points to two more bones, both of an average size."A holy symbol, the cross suggests that you might find what you are looking for in a church. However, there are many churches and places of religious importance in this city, narrowing it down will be difficult. Finally the last pile of bones appears to be in the shape of a W."Ahhh this might help", murmurs Freya,"you might struggle to see it but this is actually a bird. We are coming into winter and birds fly south for the winter, I think you will find what you are after in the south of the city. Most of the churches are in the north of the city, only one lies in the south and it has been abandoned for over a decade. I think that is where you should go. Before you leave young one, is there anything you wish to ask of me?"
"Ack!" Elen squeaked in surprise as Chroma winced, but the human urged him to stay put. It was one thing to prick yourself, but it was something else entirely to have someone else do so on you. Or maybe the higher pain levels was from the suddenness of it? Regardless of the precise reason, it definitely hurt more than it should have!

Freya's specialty in the art seemed to be more shamanistic in nature, as given away by her use of bones. They weren't any old bones, it seemed, which was definitely a good pointer towards her being the real deal- very few con artists would go out of their way to get bones from a Dragon without understanding the value of their greater life force ahead of time! Chroma couldn't help but smile a little as the carpels took on a faint glow.

The visitors listened as Freya explained the meaning of the first bone pile. "That makes plenty of sense," Chroma agreed. "I already figured there was someone else involved, myself."

The whole church bit was a bit of a debacle, indeed- the City of jesters of thieves certainly was quite the gathering a myriad beliefs and variations therein, regardless of how superficially any given person might actually put their faith into them. It was only natural that something like this would crop up, however- divination has a tendency to have especially vague results in general, and not always in accompaniment with a more precise one. Hopefully the last pile will be a precise one...

And indeed it was! "I see, I see... That's a bit of an odd infrastructure choice, though- why would one end of town be so devoid of worship halls?" She sighed and shook her head. "I doubt that's information that'll particularly help to be privy to, anyway." Chroma turned her musings toward Freya. "I do have a more... business related question for you, though. Is there a fee for your services? 'Cuz I kinda can't pay anything at the moment..." The woman was probably aware of that by now, of course, but it always helped to check.

Chroma wasn't going to be totally idle here, though. She released her passimion, careful to move in such a way that made sure that Freya wasn't going misconstrue it as an attack attempt or something. "Tobu, please find Louise and bring her back to me. Elen and I will be headed southward toward the church." The monkey huffed in annoyance, but quickly headed out the bead curtain-covered doorway. "And be sure to keep your guard up out there!"
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #157
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- After you pour out your heart and trigger the newly christened Guntz's evolution, you now find yourself in a slightly better situation. With the Krokorok during tail and fleeing, you now had a newly evolved Snorlax and a Blaze triggered Charmander to aid you in taking down the Marowak. Hopefully Sir Bryant would be able to but his adversary to rest as well, as there was no way of knowing whether the Decidueye had more minions waiting in the wings. The newly evolved Guntz gathers a ball of energy in his gaping mouth, letting the sparkling sphere swell before launching it straight for the Marowak. Seemingly undeterred by the loss of its partner and the incoming super effective attack, the Marowak leaps forward, bone raised towards the heavens. Utilizing its bone, the Marowak cuts through the energy ball, the resulting explosion still likely causing it a large amount of damage. It carries on however and with a swing of its bone it lands a Brick Breaking blow into Guntz's side. Thankfully his evolution left him with an even more robust figure, the Snorlax tanks the blow with little more than a grunt of pain.

"It was the light you fool!" Sir Bryant shouts over to you, having watched you try to send the Marowak on its way."Metagross, Flash Cannon the Decidueye, do it now!" The Steel type groaned as it fired a shining beam of steel energy towards the skulking Decidueye. The luminous beam clipped the Decidueye's wing, it wasn't a perfect shot but perhaps it was enough? Hope was lost as soon as the Decidueye fired back, a ball of condensed shadows slams into the Metagross, adding to the damage it had already collected in the exchange. Guntz pays little attention to the fight between the Decidueye and Metagross, he seems much more interested in sending the Marowak on its way. He charges forward, empowered by the strength of his bond with his trainer, the bond that had just led to his evolution. He slams into the Marowak, sending it flying backwards, only to crash into a mausoleum. A normal Pokemon would have likely been knocked unconscious by such a blow, but the Marowak seemed to not even feel the hit. It quickly sprung back to its feet, the dark aura around its eyes glows brighter than ever.

Suddenly an eerie tune begins to radiate from the Marowak, sending a chill down your spine. It seemed to be having an effect on your Pokemon as well. Guntz was stumbling backwards while even Volg, in his enraged state, seemed to be intimidated.

"That's Perish Song!" Sir Bryant shouted, "Metagross take it out now, Flash Cannon! The Steel type wasted no time landing in front of its trainer before quickly changing targets it fired yet another luminous beam of steel energy. A perfect shot this time, the Metagross finds its mark, hitting the Marowak's skull. Suddenly the eerie tune came to a stop. The Marowak shakes its head, assess the situation then runs off, much like the Krokorok had."Ha! There we go, I knew we were onto something." Sir Bryant celebrates but his lack of attention on the Decidueye has left him exposed. An arrow shrouded in energy slams into the ground in between him and his Metagross. Energy flows through the ground and wraps around both the Metagross and its trainer, shackling them to the ground and rendering them unable to move. Meanwhile, the Decidueye disappears into the mausoleum it was perched on when you first saw it.

Sir Bryant tries valiantly to free himself from the trap the Decidueye had caught him in, but his efforts were fruitless."We're going to be stuck here till it wears off, you need to follow it in there and put an end to this. It will have trapped itself in there, the door should be the only way in and out." Giving up on his struggle, Sir Bryant calms himself."I hate having to rely on you to finish this, but I don't really have a choice. This is the best chance we are going to get, so don't stuff it up or I will have you flogged." With the conflict clearing for now, the Riolu that was accompanying the knight comes out of hiding. It stands between the two of you, unsure of what it should be doing."You go with him, help him if you can but don't get in the way, got it?" The Riolu nodded sheepishly before moving closer to your side.

Guntz and Volg gain 1 level each
(You are temporarily joined by a lvl 11 Male Riolu)
The change of events changed the flow of battle dramatically. Whereas Guntz was being overwhelmed by Marowak's attacks in his basic form, the evolution triggered through the miraculous power of their Bond granted the bear such an incremental boost in power that the bone-wielder's offensive was all but nullified. Guntz, now a Snorlax, assaulted the seemingly possessed foe with both an Energy Ball and a powerful Return, and while the mathematical, logical interpretation of Pokémon battles should by all means have awarded them the victory, Rorik and Guntz watched on as, somehow, Marowak stood back up after crashing into a mausoleum wall... Worse still: like a puppet on strings, it rose to sing a deadly Perish Song that threatened all the Pokémon around it!

What's going on here?...

Sir Bryant, despite being quite possibly the least intellectually-inclined human being Rorik had ever met, emphatically presented the Conclusion of his field research with remarkable confidence for someone who skipped over "Introduction", "Methods", "Results" and "Discussion" entirely.

"It was the light, you fool!"

And so it seemed to be. Because a single burst from his Metagross's Flash Cannon was enough to dispel whatever force had Marowak in its grip, and the Ground-Type quickly fled the scene much like Krokorok had.

Solar Beam dissipated Krokorok's spell earlier... Dear me, the brute is right!

In the heat of battle, Rorik had focused his undivided attention on his Pokémon and the ones they fought, subconsciously ignoring the main threat - after all, Sir Bryant and his companion had the clash all but won, so it came as a genuine shock to the Professor when the avian released a Spirit Shackle from the shadows, pinning both knight and machine to the ground!

Rorik's eyes widened and his jaw dropped when Sir Bryant delivered news that the tethering could not be broken easily and that, as such, the Heimlan man of science would have to chase after Decidueye by himself! It was utter madness - what hopes could he have of succeeding where the knight had so far failed?

Because... because I'm not by myself, am I? Not really - not anymore...

He had Guntz, awakened to his full potential. He had Stahl, he had Zyll and yes, even Volg! And as fate would have it, by Sir Bryant's command, he had one more aly to assist in the search.

"You're tagging along, then?" he inquired with a smile as Riolu made his way over, visibly bothered by the knight's authoritarian mannerisms. "I... I'm sure you'll prove an invaluable ally! And I'll do my best to keep you safe," he added, more to himself than anything. He disliked making promises out loud because, more often than not, he wasn't competente enough to keep them.

Guntz casually consumed a Softboiled egg to pass time, then pointed at Rorik with a silly grin, for whatever reason. It wasn't until the Professor finally got a hold of his emotions that he realized he was still clinging on to Volg, who had stopped struggling a while back, and his lab coat had caught fire due to the Charmander's flame!

"Oh. Oh dear!"

Leaping backwards in alarm, Rorik hastily and clumsily removed the burning piece of cloth and tossed it to the ground, where it was rapidly consumed by the flames and turned to ash.*
Then, trying to regain his composure and salvage his image in front of Riolu, the Professor cleared his throat before saying out loud:

"W-Well! We should keep going, yes? Riolu, can you sense that Decidueye's aura and track it down inside that mausoleum, please? We'll be right behind to give you cover!"

Guntz had probably been too busy fighting to pick up Decidueye's scent earlier, so the Aura-sensing youngster was indeed their best bet. All Rorik could do then was pray that Sir Bryant could break free fast enough to catch up to them, because if another fight broke out, the Professor really didn't want to have to handle it alone... Besides, if he messed up, there was the promise of "flogging" hanging in the air. That would probably feel as unpleasant as it sounded medieval.

Alea jacta est... If I'm forced to fight, so be it. They'll keep me safe! Right?...


*Rorik lost his lab coat!*

__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 10-19-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:26 PM   #158
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,583
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Raves- With Jake off blending in, you decide it is best to start at the bar. A well dressed man with a neatly kept goatee greets you as you approach, you ask for a beer and the bartender quickly whips out a tankard, holding it under the tap he feels it to the top, a thick head of foam forms atop the amber liquid. You take a sip and find it quite bitter but with a slight citrus undertone. Not the best you'd ever tasted but it wasn't horrible. You take a seat at the bar for a moment, hoping to pick up a bit of gossip. While you're sitting there you notice a rather robust man rise from the group of sullen drunkards. He makes his way towards the bar before slamming both hands down on the polished oak.

"Give me the bottle Sammy", the man slurs over his words, he stunk of spirits. The bartender sighs, before producing a bottle of an unmarked liquor. Strangely the liquor seemed to be bright pink, it wasn't something you were familiar with.

"I'm only doing this because I don't think you should have been fired Doug", the bartender pulled back the bottle as the man snatched at it."I think you should leave soon though mate, if you're still here when the boss gets back you'll get more than you bargained for."

Doug grasps at the bottle,"just give it to me Sammy." The bartender lets go of the bottle, relinquishing it to his former co worker. Bottle of strange liquor in hand, the drunken Doug turns to look in your direction."Hey there cutie", the man burps into his hand."What's a pretty young thing like you doing in a shithole like this? Can to join me for a drink." Doug shakes the bottle at you, hoping to entice you into spending some time with him. Bel gives you a weird look, surely you weren't going to associate with this bloke?
The woman's approach at the bar was of course noted by the bartender as she asked for the bar standard, to which the keeper swiftly delivered. Bitter, citrus undertone, a fairly clear amber and thick head. Not too bad, nothing special, but a decent beer nevertheless...

While she listened to the conversations, or tried to at least, for eavesdropping in a busy bar was harder than it was, one of the sullen people rose from the group, robust-looking. The man approached the bar and slammed a pair of meaty hands upon it, demanding some sort of bottle. With a sigh, the bartender - Sammy, it appeared - reached down beneath the top and pulled a peculiar bottle of some bright pink substance out. To Hephae, it seemed a little like some sort of tonic, but the lack of marking certainly was suspicious. Listening, she caught mention of the drunk's name, Doug, and that he was fired from somewhere, this establishment by the sounds of things. The mention of a boss of sorts was of mental note to her as she took another gulp of her grog, Bel crossing his arms in some form of evident annoyance. She knew the Mawile enjoyed good old liverbane too, but in a place like this, service to a pokemon would be crass.

And as though Arceus Himself saw this menial injustice, Doug caught sight of her, and hormones all but took over as he drunkenly greeted her. Giving the bottle a shake at her, she could only raise an eyebrow as her fairly cold gaze met his, and with Jake distracted with his own group, getting involved with a ruffian of this sort could only end in disaster...for them. Nevertheless, with the look the fairy was giving her, the best option was laid out in front of her, in a manner that would only result in someone slipping something out.

"Ignoring the fact that the first oaf who ran into me outside's now lying in a pool of their own vomit and will be nursing a considerable headache, if one were hoping for, ah, a quick little 'romantic meeting' as it were, you'll be sorely disappointed," she started, quick rebuttal at the poor flirting attempt. "Besides, I already have my beverage here, and it is not usually in my regards to consider children's cough medicine as an alcoholic drink," motioning to the bottle of pink in a manner that she hoped would have her corrected by either Doug or Sammy, "but I couldn't help but hear that you appeared to have lost a job of some manner. Perhaps you would be one to share the tale? And as for why I'm here...well, the bouncer did offer a drink on the house for getting rid of the previous drunk who wanted back in after being thrown out..."

A simple little lie, but if it kept Sammy distracted, then all things considered things would go well, as Hephae sought to take Doug up on his offer, even if it meant preying on his emotions to try and glean information from him. A metallic clink from Bel let her and the small group know that if anything were to go out of hand, the Mawile was most certainly capable of delivering some swift justice in defence of his fellow companion. Yes, the relation between her and him was not master and minion, but of equals.
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:46 PM   #159
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,283
Biggggg5- Thankfully Hotstuff doesn't react to the man pointing a gun at you, there was no way of knowing how that would have played out but it would likely have resulted in someone getting hurt. You claim your innocence, you had no idea what the grizzled old timer was on about. He slowly lowers his gun, slipping it into a holster on his hip. His Squirtle remained on guard though, its eyes locked on Hotstuff, waiting for the Charmander to make a move. It was hard to argue your case, you knew you were innocent, you had no idea what had actually happened. Yet this old man seemed intent on pinning you as a thief.

"My names Charles Harrison, but for now you can refer to me as Officer Harrison", the man gives you a flash of his badge, it seemed he was a member of the local law enforcement."Despite your claims I'm still considering you a suspect."The man looks you over, perhaps making sure you weren't packing any weapons, "I found a tunnel leading from the bank down into the catacombs, mostly crooks and the occasional researcher use these old tunnels, I'm not sure I buy your excuse of looking for new Pokemon." Officer Harrison turns his attention from you to Hotstuff."We found claw marks all over the crime scene, I'm going to need you and your Charmander to follow me back there so we can compare his claws to the marks left at the bank." ."You could resist but I don't think your Charmander could put up much of a fight against my Squirtle. Why don't you lead us back to the bank?"



Medmana- It seemed that Freya was the real deal, but you would have to wait and see how her predictions would play out. You release Tobu from her Pokeball, the fortune teller doesn't seemed startled at all by the Passimian. You instruct her to go and find Louise, you would need the Mawile by your side if you were going to go and inspect the church. The Passimian huffs before rushing out of the dark room, the bead veil rattles as she exits. You turn your attention back to Freya, the mystic seems to have more to say.

"I knew were unable to pay before you entered. Your deeds will be more than enough payment, although I fear that you face a tough challenge." Freya rises from her chair and makes her way over to a cabinet. She pulls out one of the draws and collects a few items before bringing them back over to you."A Revival Herb in case one of your Pokemon gets knocked unconscious, some Heal Powder for status conditions and an Energy Root for when your Pokemon are feeling a little weak."

You received 1x Revival Herb, 1x Heal Powder, 1x Energy Root

Freya hands you the items before placing a hand on your shoulder. Suddenly her eyes begin to flicker, as if she was having a seizure. Eventually she calms herself but a look of concern now rests on her face."They know you're coming, eyes will be watching you. He is protected by many, together you can't cannot beat them, but if he's alone you might just stand a chance. Good luck, I think you are going to need it." With an ominous warning from Freya, it seemed like it was time to go. You head outside, just in time to meet Louise and Tobu, it didn't take long for the Passimian to find her.



Maskerade- Now sporting a new look and with a new Pokemon following you, you find yourself up against a monumental task. Even the battle hardened knight and his powerful Metagross were unable to finish off the Decidueye, but he expected you to do it? Sure, the Decidueye was likely weakened by the battle against the Metagross, but it was still likely to put up a tough fight. To make matters worse, if it was being influenced by the same force as the Marowak it would likely be even hard to take down. Nevertheless you had your task and your Pokemon would do their best to support you. The Riolu gives you a little smile, it likely didn't receive much encouragement from the knight.

The Riolu leads the way into the mausoleum, but you soon realize you have a 'big' problem. Try as he might, Guntz was unable to fit inside, his increased girth and height were making things tough for him. While the Snorlax tries to find his way around his size issues, Volg and the Riolu inspect the inside of the structure. There was no sign of the Decidueye, but the large stone slab that made up the floor had been shattered, revealing a set of stone stairs that led down beneath the ground. A little bark from the Riolu signalled that the Decidueye's aura trail led down the stairs, it seems the archer wasn't cornered after all!

Volg looked like he was ready to race down the stairs in pursuit of the owl, while the Riolu looked at you with concern. There was no telling what you would find down there, but at least you had Volg to light the way. Despite his best attempts, it seemed Guntz was not going to fit inside the mausoleum, and even then there was no way the Snorlax was going to fit in the small tunnel leading down under the ground.


Raves- You quickly cut down the drunks advances, you had already dealt with one slob and you were more than capable of dealing with another should he get out of line. Despite not wanting to deal with Doug's sloppy advances, as a former employee he might be privy to some valuable information. For that reason you accept his offer.

"This isn't no cough medicine missy", Doug shakes the bottle again."This is the house specialty, the good stuff. You mention to the bartender that the bouncer had promised you a free drink, which seems to frustrate him as his brow furrows and he throws a bar towel to the ground.

"I thought we made it clear he wasn't allowed to be promising anymore free drinks! You can have the drink but I'm going to go give him a piece of my mind!" The bartender storms off, leaving you and Doug alone at the bar. The man pours himself a drink of the bright pink elixir. He plops himself down on a nearby bar stool, so you move over and sit on the stool next to him.

"Yep, I used to work here, I was head of security for round about four years, give or take. Then I got sacked for drinking on the job, I couldn't help it, the job takes a toll on you and the booze numbs the pain. This place isn't even that good, the only reason people are coming back here now is this stuff." He takes a big swig of the strange liquor, "they make it on site, top secret stuff because they don't want anyone else getting their hands on it. Do you want a taste?"

You look across the room and see that Jake has left the group of laughers and is making his way towards the bar. Perhaps he had gotten some information? Doug seemed to be quite forthcoming and he didn't seem to hold any loyalty to the club, perhaps he could prove more useful.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:25 AM   #160
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,735
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Gemini Spark- "I have no idea what sort of Pokemon they would have," replied Emily, "I would expect them to be pretty tough though, since these guys have a pretty tough reputation. I think we should probably sneak around and see what we can find out like you suggested." With the next course of action settled, you and Emily creep closer to the clubhouse. Nissa and Henrietta remained perched on your shoulders, keeping an eye out for any trouble. Emily carried her Palpitoad in her arms, being careful to remain as quiet as possible. Flanking around the side of the building, you come to a window. Both of you have a quick peek to make sure no one was looking straight at you. Thankfully no one was, but you did get a quick assessment of the room. A bunch of seemingly drunk men were slouched around the room, they were tall and scrawny, there heads were shaved bald and each wore a leather jacket marked with the same logo you had found near the farm. A quick count of the room gave six bikers, but there were seven bikes outside, where was the last one?

Fro!

Suddenly Henrietta is alarmed, spinning around you soon understand why, a younger man dressed much like those inside was standing not too far away, an Electrike was snarling by his feet."Well what do we have here...." the man whistled and the Electrike let out a howl, resulting in a burst of activity from inside the clubhouse. Before you knew it, all seven members of the Swampgators were around you, there eyes locked onto you and Emily. After a few moments of silence, one of the bikers steps forward, presumably the leader.

"This is what you would call a private residence," the man's english was rough, he was clearly poorly educated. "We don't take kindly to trespassers around here, you better get to talkin' before we get to beatin'."

"You're calling us trespassers!" Emily bursts out before you can caution her, "you're the ones who were skulking around my farm! We even found your logo hanging on a tree near our damaged fence."

"I think you would call that a coincidence," the man paused as his followers chuckled. "What exactly did you intend on doing about it?"

"I want to know why you were there!" Emily shouts at the top of her lungs in order to be heard over the laughing bikers.

"See now that information is top secret, we can't go telling it to every girl with a temper that comes storming in here. Tell you what, you beat old Jesse in a battle and I will tell you everything we know." The man grinned, as if he was hiding something.

"You've got a deal!" Once again Emily had rushed into things, agreeing to terms before consulting you. "Now, which one of you is Jesse?"

Suddenly all the bikers broke into hysterical laughter, slapping their needs and holding their ribs. "None of us is Jesse," the leader pulled a whistle out of his jacket before giving it a blow. The sound was so high pitched you could barely hear it, something else could hear it loud and clear though. You hear stomping coming from the swamp, getting louder with each passing second. Suddenly a towering figure appears between the trees, eventually entering the small marshy match at the back of the clubhouse. A giant Feraligatr lumbered across the soft ground, mud squelching under its tremendous weight. It seemed to be much larger than normal, it was likely much stronger as well. "This is Jesse, he's been here for decades, maybe longer, we don't know. You can use them three Pokemon you got there, I doubt they will last long though, he's never been defeated." It seemed you had been given a monumental task, but given how vital the information was, it didn't seem like you had another choice.
Emily replied pretty quickly to Hyrem's question as well as his plan of action. "I have no idea what sort of Pokemon they would have. I would expect them to be pretty tough though, since these guys have a pretty tough reputation. I think we should probably sneak around and see what we can find out like you suggested." With that settled, the two humans silently walked closer towards the shack, seemingly unnoticed on their approach to the window. Even as they peeked inside, none of the bald men in leather jackets had changed their demeanor in any way, allowing them to get a good look at the men. "Three, four, five, six," Hyrem whispered to himself. "But weren't there seven bikes outside? So where's number-"

"Fro!!" Henrietta called out, alerting the group to the additional, younger Biker along with a growling sound.
"Seven..." Hyrem finished with a groan.

"Well what do we have here...." the Biker postured, the snarling coming from an Electrike beside him, the Electric-type quite familiar to Hyrem due to him having one of his own. After a whistle from the Biker and a Howl from the Electrike, the rest of the gang had surrounded the trainers before they had a chance to react.

"This is what you would call a private residence," one of the Swampgators says, stepping forward and seeming to be the leader of the seven. "We don't take kindly to trespassers around here, you better get to talkin' before we get to beatin'."
"You're calling us trespassers!" came Emily's outburst. "You're the ones who were skulking around my farm! We even found your logo hanging on a tree near our damaged fence."
"I think you would call that a coincidence." The other bikers snickered as if there was some inside joke being shared between them. "What exactly did you intend on doing about it?"
"I want to know why you were there!!" demanded Emily.
"See now that information is top secret, we can't go telling it to every girl with a temper that comes storming in here. Tell you what, you beat old Jesse in a battle and I will tell you everything we know."
"Hold on, Emily," Hyrem warned his companion, "I don't like the way he's grinning, something's not right!"
"You've got a deal!" she says, not even listening to him. "Now, which one of you is Jesse?"
This question sent the gang of seven into an uproar of laughter before the leader confesses, "None of us is Jesse." He then takes a small whistle, blowing a high pitched note, one barely audible to human ears but most certainly noticed by Nissa and Henrietta's more sensitive hearing. Hyrem knew it was some kind of whistle used to summon a creature trained to hear the instrument, but it wasn't until he and the others heard a stomping sound from short distance that his heart started racing. "Emily...I've got a bad feeling about this..."

With each stomp growing louder and louder, Henrietta ducked behind Hyrem's leg and started clutching it tighter and tighter while Nissa stayed on his shoulder, tensing up for what was to come. Finally, the beast revealed itself after pushing aside a few trees and entering the clearing: a monstrous, blue reptilian creature with powerful looking arms and legs, a V-shaped cream stripe across its chest, red, scaly protrusions jutting out from the top of its head, and a cream colored lower jaw bulging out and showing off how much food it could fill its mouth with on a regular basis, all combining as one hulking body that towered over its meager looking opponents. "It's...it's huge!" was all Hyrem managed to say as he opened his Pokedex, his whole body, but especially his hand, shaking as he listened to the information:

Feraligatr, the Big Jaw Pokemon. Normally a slow moving creature of the marshlands, it becomes deceptively fast, even on dry land, when charging at an intruder or when chasing down its prey, and it is even faster when swimming through water. Whenever threatened, its mouth opens wide to reveal its gaping maw, scaring away most opponents. Its bite force is incredibly powerful, and whenever it bites into anything it will either thrash its head around or roll its entire body in a twist to rip its prey into pieces it can fit in its mouth, though sometimes it will just swallow its prey whole if it is small enough.

"This is Jesse," the leader introduced the gator to the group. "He's been here for decades, maybe longer, we don't know. You can use them three Pokemon you got there, I doubt they will last long though, he's never been defeated." Looking at the average size of a Feraligatr from the Pokedex, it appeared this one was much bigger than average, so it was easily believable that he had lived for quite some time, likely an alpha male too.

"Froakieeee fro frooooooo!!" Henrietta wailed, burying her face against Hyrem's leg, her words being heard by the Pokemon as, "Someone heeeelp, that monster's gonna eat uuuuuuus!"
"Come on, Hen, get it together!" said Nissa, leaping off her shoulder perch and right next to her best friend. "Our trainer's counting on us, you don't want to let him get eaten, right?"
"N-n-nooo..." Henrietta croaked nervously.
"Don't worry, I'll be right there with you, and Ginny too, we'll fight him together!"
Henrietta didn't respond this time, though she did lift her head away from the leg she was hiding behind.

Meanwhile, as Hyrem stared at the larger-than-human Feraligatr, he had to admit that a younger Hyrem would have made similar rash outbursts that Emily made, and his own impulses brought him along with Emily for the ride in the first place, and now they were baited into a very difficult battle. Still, how else would they find out who was really behind the attacks on Emily's farm? "Well, looks like we gotta battle our way out of this, Emily! Sure wish I had Wendy though, she'd love to go up against this guy." Hyrem then turned to the two Pokemon with him, "Okay, here's that battle I promised! You two ready!?"
"Treecko!" came the first reply from Nissa as she was the first to scamper into the battle area.
"Henrietta?" he asked his Froakie when no response came from her yet. "It's fine if you say no, you don't have to do this if you don't want to."
At that moment, however, Henrietta had thought everything through and determined that Nissa was right; if something happened to her friends as a result of her backing down, she couldn't live with herself! Swallowing her fear, she gave a loud croak, "FROAKIE!" before leaping forward to join Nissa.
Hyrem waited for Emily and Ginny to join in before saying, "Okay, you two, let's synch up and battle! Let's start with a Quick Attack from the both of you so we can get the first hits in on that Feraligatr! Nissa, follow that up with some Acrobatics while Henrietta sets up a Toxic Spikes trap you can lead him into!"
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 11-13-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:27 PM   #161
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Biggggg5- Thankfully Hotstuff doesn't react to the man pointing a gun at you, there was no way of knowing how that would have played out but it would likely have resulted in someone getting hurt. You claim your innocence, you had no idea what the grizzled old timer was on about. He slowly lowers his gun, slipping it into a holster on his hip. His Squirtle remained on guard though, its eyes locked on Hotstuff, waiting for the Charmander to make a move. It was hard to argue your case, you knew you were innocent, you had no idea what had actually happened. Yet this old man seemed intent on pinning you as a thief.

"My names Charles Harrison, but for now you can refer to me as Officer Harrison", the man gives you a flash of his badge, it seemed he was a member of the local law enforcement."Despite your claims I'm still considering you a suspect."The man looks you over, perhaps making sure you weren't packing any weapons, "I found a tunnel leading from the bank down into the catacombs, mostly crooks and the occasional researcher use these old tunnels, I'm not sure I buy your excuse of looking for new Pokemon." Officer Harrison turns his attention from you to Hotstuff."We found claw marks all over the crime scene, I'm going to need you and your Charmander to follow me back there so we can compare his claws to the marks left at the bank." ."You could resist but I don't think your Charmander could put up much of a fight against my Squirtle. Why don't you lead us back to the bank?"
Big lets out a sigh of relief as the man lowers his gun. "It's nice to meet you Officer, I go by Big, and this is my charmander Hotstuff." He says. "And we would be more than happy to come with you to help with the investigation and anything you need." He says politely. "I'm sure your Squirtle is plenty strong." Hotstuff lets out a huff of smoke from his nose. "BS I could take 'em." The charmander comments. Big nudges the charmander with his foot and Hotstuff rolls his eyes once more but shuts up again. "The only problem lies with getting back to the bank..." Big trails off and kind of spins around. "I have no idea where we are or how to get to the bank." He explains. "I could maybe get us back to the entrance but I have no idea how to get to the bank. Even less so from these tunnels." He shrugs.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:29 PM   #162
Naru
the flower girl
 
Naru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 541
=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=

Palmier seemed somewhat upset at the scolding he received for no longer being allowed to consume the souls of small children. He glared at his trainer, letting out a soft huff as she told him not to do it anymore. Who was she, his mom? Well, obviously not --- his mother would just tell him not to eat so many children before dinner as it would spoil his appetite. He glared back towards the young girl, she was so succulent and he had been denied a feast. It was a little heartbreaking to say the least, and his trainer now seemed to be under the intent to help this girl go read a story to her grandfather. Maybe he was delicious too?

You had to wonder what sort of parents the child had to allow her to wander so far away from home alone, she certainly couldn't have been more than six. You had to wonder if she did this often, or if she had snuck out and had some kind of worried parents attempting to find their currently missing daughter. However, as much as you wanted to get the girl home safely --- you could not ignore the fact that it was rather sweet to want to read a story to her grandfather. You nodded, agreeing to take the girl to see her grandfather. You held out a hand, asking the girl to stay close to you. She happily obliged, although she seemed a little hesitant with grabbing Palmeir's hand, she did so anyways.

The three of you made your way to grandpa's home, a well-made and beautifully crafted mausoleum made of fine marble. It had a name engraved at the top, but it had been worn away by rain water and age. The girl glanced towards it and lit up, she was clearly happy to see her grandfather. She smiled as she passed by the small garden of flowers that was sitting out front of the place, it was carefully tended to --- and you could only assume that the girl and her parents had planted it.

"Papa left when I was two." She spoke up, standing at the entrance of the mausoleum. "I come here because mama wants me to stay close to him, I usually come here with mama but we hadn't read papa a story in awhile and I had to come see him." She glanced up at you, clutching a small story book in her little hands. It was a colourful children's book, all the little girl could probably read. She walked inside, still clutching your hand. Upon entry, it was clear that this was well cared for. A large stone coffin sat in the center of the room, surrounded by various gifts. There was a photo of a baby being held by an elderly man, you could only assume that the baby was this young girl. Some wrapped chocolate with small child-like notes on top of it, and a small bouquet that was gradually beginning to decay. The girl walked towards the coffin, smiling as she rested her hand upon it.

"Hi papa! I came to read you your bedtime story." She smiled, sitting on the cold stone and opening her book. She read slowly and carefully, looking up at the coffin a few times as if to make sure her "audience" was still listening. Once she finished, she closed the book slowly, kissing her fingers and touching the coffin with them. She stood, facing you once again.

"Mkay! We can go home now!" She smiled up at you, grabbing your hand once again.

Let's get this kiddo home, shall we? What do you do?

((As an aside, I'm a bad updater and forgot to give Eclair some levels when you caught Palmier. As such, I'm gonna go ahead and reward her with 3 levels while it's still fresh in my mind. ^^'))


=-------------------~Patches~-------------------=

The hunched over figure had seemingly not noticed you, which was probably a blessing in Mio's eyes. However, you were determined to help this person who was clearly in agony from something. Probably from accidentally dropping their jelly on the skull, you'd be pretty upset too if you ruined a decoration and now could not properly enjoy your sandwich because it had leaked. Mio starred at her trainer in disbelief as she heard her tut sympathetically, did she not understand that that was absolutely blood? There was no way that that was not blood. Getting out of here was no longer a question, it was a must. Kiku could stay here for all Mio cared, he always made bad choices anyways --- it was his fault they were in this mess to begin with. Mio tugs her trainer's leg, hoping to get her to understand the danger that they could be in --- but her efforts are unfortunately in vain.

You begin to speak to the person, offering your sincerest apologies to them for losing their jelly. You even offer your real name instead of your nickname, hoping that they'll understand. Mio prayed that the situation wouldn't go as badly as she imagined... but she was sure it would go even worse. The person in white robes suddenly stopped moaning and groaning, wailing and sobbing, and straightened themself. They made an odd sort of slurping noise, which was followed by a loud crack that made Mio cringe even more. As the... thing, moved --- each part of it's body made a loud crack, as if it hadn't moved in quite some time. Very slowly it turned it's body, finally facing you and Mio.

Mio instantly let out a scream upon what she saw, which was...

Nothing.

The thing had no face, well, not a proper 'face'. It had a tremendous gaping mouth, opened wide with long teeth that were soaked in saliva and the jelly substance from before. It had no eyes, no nose, and no features that would make it seem actually human besides it's rather normal torso. It moved towards you and Mio threateningly, before hunching back over and putting it's hands on the ground --- as if it was some sort of quadruped. It let out a gut wrenching scream, causing Mio to scream once again. What the hell were they dealing with? This was no human, or Pokemon... but rather some kinda of monster! This was not at all what Mio had signed up for.

The Fake Tears that the creature had been shedding slowly dissipated, it reached out it's forearm --- which sudden transformed before their eyes into a claw like appendage. It seemed intent to fight, getting ready to Pursue them if they attempted to run.

What do you do?


=-------------------~TKF~-------------------=

As Slyvi spoke, you found yourself smirking widely. You loved a lady that could defend herself, and although you couldn't exactly tell from outward appearances... you were sure she meant it. Although she seemingly had no weapons on her, maybe she was skilled with her fists? You were dying to know what she meant by her earlier comment, you grinned as she handed you a map of the grounds. You wanted you to lead the way, waiting anxiously as you made your choice. You glanced at the map, trying to decide a good course of action. You finally decided on something, the rather large training grounds on the map. Slyvi seemed enthused by your choice, glancing towards you as she briskly jumped atop her Rapidash once again.

She followed you, your Dartrix, and your Skorupi towards the courtyard. Nothing much of interest happened on the way there, no weird sounds, no weird things in the corner of your eye... it was actually kind of boring. You sighed, when would anything exciting happen? This was supposed to be a place of wonder, a place of madness --- yet all you saw was a boring, decrepit castle. As you walked forward into the courtyard, you once again saw absolutely nothing. No humans, no signs of any recent human activity... just-

"Hey, what's that?" Slyvi called, pulling up beside you and staring at the courtyard. She pointed towards what looked to be a statue of the once great king, in all his glory. You saw nothing at first, wondering what Slyvi was talking about --- the king was holding a sword but... that was about all you could see. She looked at you upon seeing your skepticism, pointing directly at the sword. "Look, it's moving!" She shouted, causing an eye to open up on the center of the sword. It looked at the two of you above horseback, and then glanced at your Dartrix and Skorupi. It let out a horrible sound like nails scraping on a chalkboard, a sort of Metallic Sound. It caused everyone to cover their ears, it was a horrific sound.

"Hon!" It screamed, dancing around rapidly --- it was kind of weird seeing a Sword Dance, but it appeared to be getting stronger.

What do you do?
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:49 PM   #163
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,368
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
Château du Roi Fou - Castle of the Mad King
Legends say that over a thousand years ago, Le Marécage Noir was a very different place - a vibrant land ruled by a gracious King from his extraordinary castle in the valleys to the north of the region. One dark day, the King suddenly became consumed with insatiable greed and gluttony. Ultimately, his envy consumed him, and his self-destruction became the catalyst of a great calamity that changed the course of Fizzby history. Now just a memory of an era long forgotten, the Castle of the Mad King has weathered the tests of time, offering sanctuary to Steel-types and some Dragon-type Pokemon - the latter of which they say are rarer, but are drawn to the Mad King's energy that still lingers to this day... Please reply in SteelBlue.
The castle was impressive, to say the least. After all this time, it still provoked a sense of awe at the power this great and ancient building once contained. An aura of majesty still surrounded the ancestral abode, drawing in mystical creatures from all over. And among these creatures was the slightly less mystical Liawe, who arrived at this abandoned castle in the north, along with her ragtag band of Pokemon. Sheut was the first to pop out of his Pokeball, the Baltoy spinning around rapidly to take in the surroundings, before apparently becoming impressed with the colossal monument to the archaic king's tyranny. Hope on the other hand was revelling in the atmosphere, the death and fear being a relatively comfortable environment for the psychopathic Shuppet. "Well, that's definitely one impressive building, eh Sheut?" said Liawe, the building's foreboding air leaving its mark in her quavering speech. As Hope could attest, Liawe was relatively easily scared, and the sight of an abandoned fortress of this calibre was sure to set her nerves on end. But alas, she'd been looking for an alternative location to start another sketch, and Hope had been pestering her to come to the Bayou for a while now... She owed it to her Pokemon to be professional and get on with it. With her Shuppet and Baltoy at her side, she tentatively approached the forsaken abode's front door, gently pushing it open to allow her and her team access. What lay within, nobody knew... But Liawe had a horrible feeling she was about to find out.
__________________
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:42 PM   #164
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=-------------------~TKF~-------------------=

As Slyvi spoke, you found yourself smirking widely. You loved a lady that could defend herself, and although you couldn't exactly tell from outward appearances... you were sure she meant it. Although she seemingly had no weapons on her, maybe she was skilled with her fists? You were dying to know what she meant by her earlier comment, you grinned as she handed you a map of the grounds. You wanted you to lead the way, waiting anxiously as you made your choice. You glanced at the map, trying to decide a good course of action. You finally decided on something, the rather large training grounds on the map. Slyvi seemed enthused by your choice, glancing towards you as she briskly jumped atop her Rapidash once again.

She followed you, your Dartrix, and your Skorupi towards the courtyard. Nothing much of interest happened on the way there, no weird sounds, no weird things in the corner of your eye... it was actually kind of boring. You sighed, when would anything exciting happen? This was supposed to be a place of wonder, a place of madness --- yet all you saw was a boring, decrepit castle. As you walked forward into the courtyard, you once again saw absolutely nothing. No humans, no signs of any recent human activity... just-

"Hey, what's that?" Slyvi called, pulling up beside you and staring at the courtyard. She pointed towards what looked to be a statue of the once great king, in all his glory. You saw nothing at first, wondering what Slyvi was talking about --- the king was holding a sword but... that was about all you could see. She looked at you upon seeing your skepticism, pointing directly at the sword. "Look, it's moving!" She shouted, causing an eye to open up on the center of the sword. It looked at the two of you above horseback, and then glanced at your Dartrix and Skorupi. It let out a horrible sound like nails scraping on a chalkboard, a sort of Metallic Sound. It caused everyone to cover their ears, it was a horrific sound.

"Hon!" It screamed, dancing around rapidly --- it was kind of weird seeing a Sword Dance, but it appeared to be getting stronger.

What do you do?
[/SIZE][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/JUSTIFY]
The journey through the castle grounds towards the training yard was far too uneventful Jayson wondered if there were even any Pokemon here, let alone people. As they entered the courtyard, the first thing they saw was a large statue of the once regal king.

"Get back", shouts Jayson as the small group suddenly found themselves threatened by a rather aggressive Honedge. At first they thought it was part of the statue but the Steel type quickly turned on them, berating them with a Metal Sound before boosting its attack with a Swords Dance. With his Pokemon's Special Defense dropped and their opponent's attack heightened, it was certainly going to be a tough fight. "I've got this Sylvi, take cover while Atalanta takes care of this. You got this girl?" The Dartrix screeched at the possessed blade, her feathers stand on end and she turns aggressive."Trieu and Boudicca, stay out of this, it seems Atalanta wants to handle this on her own." The Skorupi scuttled back alongside the Mudsdale who stood guard next to Sylvi and her Rapidash.

"Alright Atalanta let's do it! Send some darts its way with a Drill Run, then follow up with an Astonish to keep it on guard." The Dartrix spread her wings and prepared to launch her signature quill darts. Her Long Reach ability would hopefully allow her to keep her distance and avoid a melee battle where the Honedge would have a clear advantage. Atalanta wouldn't let him down, she hadn't yet and she was itching for a fight. This would be a breeze.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:22 PM   #165
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- Now sporting a new look and with a new Pokemon following you, you find yourself up against a monumental task. Even the battle hardened knight and his powerful Metagross were unable to finish off the Decidueye, but he expected you to do it? Sure, the Decidueye was likely weakened by the battle against the Metagross, but it was still likely to put up a tough fight. To make matters worse, if it was being influenced by the same force as the Marowak it would likely be even hard to take down. Nevertheless you had your task and your Pokemon would do their best to support you. The Riolu gives you a little smile, it likely didn't receive much encouragement from the knight.

The Riolu leads the way into the mausoleum, but you soon realize you have a 'big' problem. Try as he might, Guntz was unable to fit inside, his increased girth and height were making things tough for him. While the Snorlax tries to find his way around his size issues, Volg and the Riolu inspect the inside of the structure. There was no sign of the Decidueye, but the large stone slab that made up the floor had been shattered, revealing a set of stone stairs that led down beneath the ground. A little bark from the Riolu signalled that the Decidueye's aura trail led down the stairs, it seems the archer wasn't cornered after all!

Volg looked like he was ready to race down the stairs in pursuit of the owl, while the Riolu looked at you with concern. There was no telling what you would find down there, but at least you had Volg to light the way. Despite his best attempts, it seemed Guntz was not going to fit inside the mausoleum, and even then there was no way the Snorlax was going to fit in the small tunnel leading down under the ground.
[/COLOR]
"Well, this is unfortunate..."

A close inspection of the mausoleum revealed a concealed flight of stairs leading down into pitch-black darkness, and as fate would have it, the Riolu could feel Decidueye's aura further down in the abyss. But while they'd been lucky to catch up to the sniper's trail, the mausoleum structure itself posed the biggest issue to Rorik: it deprived him of his single most powerful ally.

Guntz can't proceed any further. And that means...

It meant he had to rely on a Pokémon that wasn't his, a Charmander he couldn't control and a newly-hatched Deino with unknown capabilities. Not exactly the best team to take on a full-grown Decidueye...

Even if I had Stahl, it's a Water and Psychic Pokémon, whereas Decidueye is Grass and Ghost. Quite possibly the worst match-up imaginable... not that it matters, since Volg made sure to knock out Stahl earlier anyway. Oh dear...

Volg grinned once Riolu identified the enemy's Aura. He had quieted down upon witnessing Guntz's evolution, but now that the Snorlax had to be recalled into his Ball, the Fire-Type immediately shifted focus to the other relevant threat. The Baimon inside slumbered, but Rorik knew it was only a matter of time until it resurfaced - sending Volg into another uncontrollable frenzy as soon as the scent of an upcoming battle reached his nostrils.

Once Guntz was back in his Ball, Rorik released the creature housed in another. In a flash of light, followed by a shower of glimmering particles, Zyll the Shiny Deino materialized between Volg and Riolu.

"Hello dear friend," whispered Rorik. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this, but our ranks are dwindling and I need all the help I can get. Riolu here is guiding us towards a rogue Decidueye, and it dwellsin the darkness ahead... Maybe if you can catch its scent, it'll make Riolu's search easier."

The blind drake growled in agreement, as he always did. Rorik was still puzzled as to why Zyll had such a peaceful demeanor, being a Deino, but he wasn't about to complain - he had his hands full with Volg as it was, and his strongest partners were unavailable for the task ahead.

The Charmander's tail provided lighting, while Riolu and Zyll joined forces to pinpoint Decidueye's location faster via aura and scent tracking. With the team in place, all that was left now... was to go down the ominous stairwell.

The things I do for research... and to avoid flogging.
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #166
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=

Palmier seemed somewhat upset at the scolding he received for no longer being allowed to consume the souls of small children. He glared at his trainer, letting out a soft huff as she told him not to do it anymore. Who was she, his mom? Well, obviously not --- his mother would just tell him not to eat so many children before dinner as it would spoil his appetite. He glared back towards the young girl, she was so succulent and he had been denied a feast. It was a little heartbreaking to say the least, and his trainer now seemed to be under the intent to help this girl go read a story to her grandfather. Maybe he was delicious too?

You had to wonder what sort of parents the child had to allow her to wander so far away from home alone, she certainly couldn't have been more than six. You had to wonder if she did this often, or if she had snuck out and had some kind of worried parents attempting to find their currently missing daughter. However, as much as you wanted to get the girl home safely --- you could not ignore the fact that it was rather sweet to want to read a story to her grandfather. You nodded, agreeing to take the girl to see her grandfather. You held out a hand, asking the girl to stay close to you. She happily obliged, although she seemed a little hesitant with grabbing Palmeir's hand, she did so anyways.

The three of you made your way to grandpa's home, a well-made and beautifully crafted mausoleum made of fine marble. It had a name engraved at the top, but it had been worn away by rain water and age. The girl glanced towards it and lit up, she was clearly happy to see her grandfather. She smiled as she passed by the small garden of flowers that was sitting out front of the place, it was carefully tended to --- and you could only assume that the girl and her parents had planted it.

"Papa left when I was two." She spoke up, standing at the entrance of the mausoleum. "I come here because mama wants me to stay close to him, I usually come here with mama but we hadn't read papa a story in awhile and I had to come see him." She glanced up at you, clutching a small story book in her little hands. It was a colourful children's book, all the little girl could probably read. She walked inside, still clutching your hand. Upon entry, it was clear that this was well cared for. A large stone coffin sat in the center of the room, surrounded by various gifts. There was a photo of a baby being held by an elderly man, you could only assume that the baby was this young girl. Some wrapped chocolate with small child-like notes on top of it, and a small bouquet that was gradually beginning to decay. The girl walked towards the coffin, smiling as she rested her hand upon it.

"Hi papa! I came to read you your bedtime story." She smiled, sitting on the cold stone and opening her book. She read slowly and carefully, looking up at the coffin a few times as if to make sure her "audience" was still listening. Once she finished, she closed the book slowly, kissing her fingers and touching the coffin with them. She stood, facing you once again.

"Mkay! We can go home now!" She smiled up at you, grabbing your hand once again.

Let's get this kiddo home, shall we? What do you do?

((As an aside, I'm a bad updater and forgot to give Eclair some levels when you caught Palmier. As such, I'm gonna go ahead and reward her with 3 levels while it's still fresh in my mind. ^^'))


Athena was amused at her current position. She was accompanied by a smiling little girl, excited to pay her respects to her departed grandfather. Her other companion was a grumpy candle, denied his sweet treat for the evening. She hoped she could gain the trust of this new capture. In addition to being cute he seemed to have a lot of potential.

She listened patiently to the little girl as they all walked into the mausoleum. It was certainly beautiful inside, crafted with stone and decorated with pictures and gifts. Even though she was in the presence of the deceased, Athena didn't feel particularly uncomfortable. It was sweet how much this girl cared for her grandfather. It made her think of her mother.

Athena sat on a step some distance from the girl. Palmier just stared ahead angrily. The little girl had produced a picture book from somewhere, and read it lovingly aloud. Athena zoned out a bit, the events of the day catching up to her. She ran a hand along Eclair's pokeball, hoping the burn wasn't causing her too much pain. She snapped back to attention when the girl closed her book and bid her farewells. The trainer took the child's hand and helped her down the stairs back into the graveyard. Palmier followed behind, still staring daggers into Athena's back. Together they rounded the mausoleum, heading in the direction the girl had pointed previously.

"I'm sure your grandpa really liked that story," Athena smiled. "You know, I don't think I got your name?"


Yay levels!
Eclair grew to level 12!
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #167
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,583
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Raves- You quickly cut down the drunks advances, you had already dealt with one slob and you were more than capable of dealing with another should he get out of line. Despite not wanting to deal with Doug's sloppy advances, as a former employee he might be privy to some valuable information. For that reason you accept his offer.

"This isn't no cough medicine missy", Doug shakes the bottle again."This is the house specialty, the good stuff. You mention to the bartender that the bouncer had promised you a free drink, which seems to frustrate him as his brow furrows and he throws a bar towel to the ground.

"I thought we made it clear he wasn't allowed to be promising anymore free drinks! You can have the drink but I'm going to go give him a piece of my mind!" The bartender storms off, leaving you and Doug alone at the bar. The man pours himself a drink of the bright pink elixir. He plops himself down on a nearby bar stool, so you move over and sit on the stool next to him.

"Yep, I used to work here, I was head of security for round about four years, give or take. Then I got sacked for drinking on the job, I couldn't help it, the job takes a toll on you and the booze numbs the pain. This place isn't even that good, the only reason people are coming back here now is this stuff." He takes a big swig of the strange liquor, "they make it on site, top secret stuff because they don't want anyone else getting their hands on it. Do you want a taste?"

You look across the room and see that Jake has left the group of laughers and is making his way towards the bar. Perhaps he had gotten some information? Doug seemed to be quite forthcoming and he didn't seem to hold any loyalty to the club, perhaps he could prove more useful.
Doug's shake of the bottle and returned exchange was already a considerable wealth of information. The pink liquid was the house special, and yet there was more about it given Jake's earlier briefing on a drug of sorts, yet a distraction was required, and thankfully Sammy completely bought her little lie, the bartender discarding his towel in frustration before storming off to give the bouncer what could only be considered a bollocking.

The woman, having removed one potential eavesdropper, sat closer to Doug, while Bel shifted himself to a more comfortable stance, leaning against another stool while the man pours himself a drink of the liquid. As Hephae listened, the man told her his history, head of security for around four years, sacked for boozing on the job. Not a great place, and surprise, surprise, the liquid was made in-house and secretly, before he once again made the offer of a taste.

Taking another swig of her ale, the woman peered at the bottle, and the liquor within. Turning her head, she could see Jake returning from the laughers, potentially carrying information as she considered what she knew. This place makes some party drug, with surprise reactions, and the house special is some funny looking grog, made top secret. This security fellow also seems to hold no loyalty to this place, sacked over some little alcohol-related incident...though I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to it than that.

"Normally I prefer a simple ale, but since you offered, I guess I could try the 'house special' as it were," she replied, looking over the bar for a shot glass. The idea was simple: If her suspicions were correct and this beverage was indeed the narcotic Jake was looking for, the small size of the shot glass would ensure as little of it entered her own system. At the same time, she could sample the substance and see if there was anything unusual with it. "What's the deal with this drink, anyways? It have anything, ah, 'unique' surrounding it? Just curious, really. Also, you hold any grudge towards this place?"

She chose her words carefully, while the Mawile patiently waited. Bel could certainly wait, he had the patience of a saint, though it was with a hint of envy, given the steel type could more than hold his own with some of the strongest drinks out there.
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:47 PM   #168
Lil'twick
Wayward Bard
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,880
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=-------------------~Lit~-------------------=

Mystery. The first word that came to your mind following the odd maid girl who had just left you to your own devices. Who was she? Who was this master she kept talking about? And more importantly, how was she able to conjure such a vivid illusion to trick you with? The Manor was exactly what it's namesake implied, made of lies. One had to wonder if the manor ever existed at all, you were sure it did --- but you had to wonder how you managed to misfollow the map so greatly that you ended up in the ruins of the castle rather than the manor that you had initially intended. You supposed it was a blessing in disguise, you had become so used to ghost and dark types in your life that a change of pace was welcome. The aura of madness that surrounded this place resounded so greatly in your heart, you had to wonder what you would find here --- it was certainly an exciting place.

Your Litwick had become afraid following the illusions, uncharacteristic, sure. But you were sure watching the location change so vividly in front of you must be quite confusing for such small Pokemon. You glanced around, that girl had said that you were free to explore... but where to go? One place in particular had caught your eye, the throne room. You realised it would most certainly be empty, but the thought of being in such a large castle with such a sinister air hanging over all of it was so exhilarating. You felt a certain familiarity here, placing your hands upon the walls. The destructive nature of it all, it reminded you of home... the terrors that followed you and caused you to forget. All you can remember is the fire, the calamity, the death...

You shook your head, every so often the bits and pieces of your shattered memories would slowly fall into place and allow you to remember something of the past. However, maybe some horrible events are better left forgotten? You could remember names, important details, and the name of a friend that was missing, or perhaps dead. He crossed your mind often, you wondered if perhaps you were going as crazy as the mad king. As you walked down the torn apart and weathered walls, you noticed deep holes in the floor. It was an odd site, such a beautiful and historic location torn to pieces by age and neglect was somewhat saddening. As you hopped past the deep holes, you noticed something peaking out at you from a darkened doorway. Bright eyes and a certain gleam coming from it's surface, once it noticed you eyeing it, it ducked itself back into the shadows from whence it came. It was a curious sight in these halls, you had to wonder what it could possibly be... and why it was so intent on keeping an eye on you without being seen.

Should you follow whatever that was? What do you do?

Something was watching him. Something... Something... Something... Yet this wasn't a feeling that was strange to Austin. He was use to the prying eyes of his doctors and therapists. TO the people tasked with restoring his life, when everything else was burned down around him. Yet why, why did they burn down. It felt everything around him burned down eventually, physically or mentally. To ashes, to dust, to ashes, to dust.

"To ashes, to dust. From ashes, to dust. Burn it all down... Burn it all down." He started to whisper, a sort of mantra coming from his mouth without even thinking. Burn it all down. Burn everything down. He started to become laughing mad, and fell to his knees as the mantra continued.

He then felt a waxy slap across his face, and saw Wisp looking at him terrified. Why was Wisp terrified. Was his Litwick... Scared of him? He then noticed Custer was gone, and that the poor Foongus was cowering behind his Litwick. How long was he out? He didn't even notice the Foongus leave his shirt. Suddenly his head started to ring, and he faded to black.

~~

"This is your fate boy. You've been punished to live. I will be merciful. I shall steal your memories away. I shall meet you here again. Within a different body. I shall meet you here again, as the homunculus for your.... I shall guide you, he shall guide you. If you want him back. You will find your broken memories. You will relearn the truth of this horror. The events that unfolded here were out of my control. Even a demon has their limits... And their standards. Now go! Live! I shall burn it all away. When it all turns to ash, I shall sleep. Only when my new body attains full power, from you regaining your memories, shall I stir. Then, maybe, we can rewrite your fate. Rewrite their fates. This was never meant to happen here. When the time has come, you will fight her again. The Queen of Darkness-"

~~

He awoke in a cold sweat. Wisp and Custer were standing above him, worried. What was that memory... It was brief, yet cryptic. He looked at Wisp and wondered. Was he the body...? No, no. He couldn't be. Austin got up, and shook his head. He needed to follow those eyes from earlier. They felt... important. But, he finally had a reason for his mission. Whatever happened that night, he must find out what it is more than ever. And that starts here, in this castle of madness.
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows


Last edited by Lil'twick; 11-09-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #169
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?
 
CyberBlastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post

Le Manoir des Mensonges - The Manor of Lies
The natives say it's the 'Manor of Lies'. It's stood on the edge of la Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs for hundreds of years. Legend holds that a wealthy matron once owned it, and lived deep within its many chambers with her beloved twin Liepards. No one can say for sure what happened, but it's rumored that one day, a pair of delinquents took her beloved Pokémon and did something truly cruel, never to returned. The story does not stop there, however, for they say soon after the teenagers fell ill and died; the city -- then just a village -- revolted on the woman, certain she must have cursed the boys in revenge. Burned at the stake, some say she rose from the ashes right there in the town square and returned to her house, which was never sold, for no sensible person would wish to live in such a cursed abode. It sits now, in surprisingly sturdy condition, mostly untouched from all those many years ago. A popular spot for thrill-seekers, dark-type Pokémon seem to have taken to the ambiance and are in no short supply in this cobweb-filled, musty old manor. Some even say the old woman still lives, deep inside the twisting hallways and innumerable rooms... Please reply in Teal.

As Bill found himself walking down the dark, almost lonely path towards the Manor of Lies, or Le Manior des Mensonges in Kalosian which seems to be the dominate language here, he noted just how much this place contrasted the village below. It was lively, full of lights and parties, but this manor reeked with death. Still though, Bill's curiosity piqued when he heard about the horror stories of this place.

Joining him was his faithful companion, Silver the Squirtle. Both of them approached the property that the manor belonged to. Despite it being abandoned for so many years, it still looked structurally-sound. The lady that lived in it definitely did not skimp on building materials for it. Of course, Bill couldn't see the house fully, as the only lights were the ones from the city below, and the moon above.

"Squir-rtle..." Silver started to shake audibly.

"Yeah, me too buddy. This place gives me the creeps," Bill said. His body started to shiver. "I swear, as much as we go to ghost-infested areas, we should really get used to it, but...it's just so uncanny."

Silver nodded his head, "Squirt." It seemed that Silver was a lot more fully composed than he was before, or perhaps this was just a brave face? Bill followed suit and put on his own brave face for his best friend. No need to make him feel left out of this.

They both stepped onto the proper area that the manor was in, heading towards the front door. Was this place as haunted as they say? Or is this all just hearsay? He was about to find out.

__________________

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:48 PM   #170
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,283
Gemini Spark- As Nissa and Henrietta prepared themselves to fight their over-sized adversary, Emily coaxed Ginny into the fight. "Come on Ginny, just do your best to support the other two with an Uproar." The Palpitoad moved forward hesitantly, not all too keen on fighting such a tough opponent. Suddenly it began to cry out as the bumps on its head began to vibrate, creating blasts of sound energy that continally slammed into the Feraligatr. The Water type payed little attention to the blast, continuing its lumbering movement towards the trio.

Henrietta and Nissa leaped into action, moving swiftly while letting their arms hang behind them. They darted across the soft, marshy ground and slammed into the large croc, crossing paths as the arced back around. As they prepared their next assault however, the Feraligatr glared at them with a frightful gaze. The Scary Face sent a shiver down the spine of all three Pokemon, making them hesitant about their actions and reducing their speed.

As Ginny continued to let out blasts of sound, Henrietta prepared a trap for the encroaching Feraligatr. While she was busy setting her Toxic Spikes, Nissa charged at the Water type head on. Leaping into the air she slams a blow into the evolved Pokemon's head before somersaulting backwards with Acrobatic flare. However she isn't moving fast enough, the Feraligatr lunges forward as Henrietta retreats. A powerful Slash of its classes sends Nissa flying backwards, but thankfully she manages to land feet first on the grass. The Feraligatr however has fallen right into Henrietta's trap, as a poisonous mist quickly rises around the Big Jaw Pokemon. It can do nothing to stop itself from inhaling the gas and quickly finds itself poisoned, however it would certainly take a lot more than poison to bring down this mighty beast.



Bigggggg- You continue to defend yourself while attempting to be as compliant as possible. Although you have a feeling that the officer is taking everything you say with a grain of salt. The only way to truly prove your innocence was to return to the scene of the crime and show that it wasn't possible for the claw marks to be Hotstuff's.

"Oh you don't remember that tunnel you used? That is a little odd, why don't I refresh your memory. It is this way." Officer Harrison's Squirtle sized Hotstuff up as you followed the old crime fighter through the tunnels. He seemed to know his way around fairly well, it probably wasn't the first time he had come down here in search of a criminal.

Eventually he leads you into a tunnel that was seemingly barred until recently. A shattered wooden door was strewn around the entrance, what could have destroyed it?

"Stop", Officer Harrison raised his hand, "can you hear that?" Listening carefully, you hear the beating of wings, something was following you. In a swift movement the Officer pulled out his flashlight and turned it in the direction of the noise. "I knew it", he cries as you hear the screech, a Golbat and two Zubat had been following you through the tunnels. The Zubat swoop in and try to get at Hotstuff and Officer Harrison's Squirtle. "Looks like we have a battle on our hands lad, although it appears we are currently outnumbered."


Maskerade- With Guntz unfortunately unable to follow you into the tunnels, you are left to rely on Zyll and Volg, as well as the Riolu as you travel into unknown territory. It was unsure when Sir Bryant would be freed from the Spirit Shackle but he likely wasn't going to be coming to your aid any time soon. You travel down the steps, thankfully Volg's tail provides ample light so you manage to do so without tumbling down and breaking your neck. Zyll and the Riolu are getting along well, the pair working together in perfect unison as they attempt to follow the Decidueye's faint trail. The stairs eventually level out and find yourself in cobweb painted catacombs. The tunnel is filled with plenty of twists and turns, as well as branches. Every couple of minutes you found yourself at a branching path, where you had to pause so that the pair could determine which way the Decidueye went.

You hear bubbling in the distance, which was strange considering you were underground. It is a few minutes before you find the source, the tunnel opens into a small chamber, in the middle of which is a spring that seems to be bubbling up water from deep within the earth. The pool was far from clear, instead it was stained with a crimson hue, making it look similar to diluted blood. Crouch on the far side of the pool is the Decidueye, the archer drinks deep from the pool, perhaps attempting to relieve its pain. Whatever its intent, it stops when it catches sight of you and the trio of Pokemon in your company. It screeches at you, unhappy to have been disturbed. Its eyes glow heavily with the same aura that previously devoured the eyes of the Marowak and Krokorok. Although badly injured the Decidueye would still likely prove to be quite the adversary even if the numbers were in your favour.


Raves- You gladly accept Doug's offer of a drink, taking a hold of the shot glass of fluorescent pink liquor. A quick tip and the drink was trickling down your throat. You wait for a moment to see if you would feel anything, but alas it seemed to be a dud. As you turn to talk to Doug once more, you feel something grip your mind. An energy seemed to be pulsing through your mind, you find yourself overcome with curiosity. Sure, you had been curious to find out what exactly was going on within this establishment, but the feeling you felt now was uncomparable. You felt compelled to question everything, to investigate every sight and sound, every possibility. How was it that one shot was all that was needed to draw you under the spell of this strange narcotic? You could feel your tongue drying out, your mind called out for more of the liquor. Doug raised his eyebrows as he realized the drink had hit you.

"It's good aye", Doug laughed, "I have half a mind to get my hands on the recipe and sell it to every place in town!" You question Doug about the beverage and whether he holds any grudge against his former employers. "Ba, of course I hold a grudge, the bastards would have me live on the streets. As I said, I know they make it on site, there is a back entrance in the catacombs that run beneath the city. I had to cover for a bloke on security down there once. They were sneaking some sort of Psychic Pokemon into the makeshift lab they built down there, you could feel their pain radiating from the place."

Your brain suddenly felt overloaded, Doug had provided answers but what he had said left so many more questions. The room started to shake and spin, you felt your legs beginning to grow weak. Bel grabs a hold of your leg in an attempt to steady you, but it isn't till Jake plants his hand on your shoulder that you feel like you're stable enough. "I think it is time for us to get out of here darling. Thank you sir for keeping my lovely wife occupied but I'm afraid we have to get home to the kids."

Doug can barely sputter a goodbye before Jake drags you outside, surprisingly with the assistance of Bel. As soon as you exit the building you feel your mind clear, why would it clear so quickly? Thankfully Jake quickly provides an answer.

"Well looks like we found our answer", Jake snickers."It seems that drink is our drug and from what I can gather it seems to amplify the mood and emotions of those who drink it. It appears rather addictive as well, I'm kind of surprised it hit you so hard though. It's effect seems to wear off rather quick though, which is why I think they have made it so addictive." Bel looks at you, his eyes display concern. "Did your friend tell you anything that might help us?"

CyberBlastoise- You walk onto the grounds of the Manor of Lies, Silver the Squirtle by your side, although the Water type seems rather displeased with your choice of location. Perhaps he would have rathered adventuring through the mangroves or partying in the city? Either way, you were here now so it was worth investigating further. You go to open the front door, but as you turn the knob it breaks. You try to push the door open but it appears to be sealed shut. Silver smiles slightly, if the door wouldn't open then you couldn't explore inside, excellent! Maybe there was another way inside though, it was certainly worth investigating.

Navigating around the side of the building, you find yourself in the barren gardens that surround the sides and back of the abandoned manor. You notice an old garden shed positioned beneath a large old tree. A large branch had crashed through the top of the shed, likely during a strong storm. The shed still stood but the branch had collapsed part of the roof. Looking in the tree, you spot a rather large nest. You can just make out three black heads, three baby Murkrow rested in the nest, their parents nowhere insight.

Squirt Squirt Squirtle

Silver tugged at your pants as he pointed further down the tree, at a small black and red Pokemon was stealthily making its way up the tree towards the defenseless hatchlings. The cat like Pokemon was closing in fast, it paused as it prepared to pounce on it's unexpecting prey, but then suddenly a pair of cries cut through the eerie silence. Pitch black wings carry the mother Honchkrow as she swoops in to defend her children. Lashing out with her claws she knocks the feline away, causing it to fall from the tree and slam into the ground below. The cat cries out, clearly hurt from the fall. It tries to retreat but appears to be struggling to put weight on its front, right leg. The Honchkrow doesn't seemed satisfied with what it had already achieved and dives into Peck the now helpless feline. The assault is relentless, the Honchkrow seems intent to beat the would be predator within an inch of its life.


__________________


Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 12-01-2017 at 01:49 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:47 PM   #171
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- With Guntz unfortunately unable to follow you into the tunnels, you are left to rely on Zyll and Volg, as well as the Riolu as you travel into unknown territory. It was unsure when Sir Bryant would be freed from the Spirit Shackle but he likely wasn't going to be coming to your aid any time soon. You travel down the steps, thankfully Volg's tail provides ample light so you manage to do so without tumbling down and breaking your neck. Zyll and the Riolu are getting along well, the pair working together in perfect unison as they attempt to follow the Decidueye's faint trail. The stairs eventually level out and find yourself in cobweb painted catacombs. The tunnel is filled with plenty of twists and turns, as well as branches. Every couple of minutes you found yourself at a branching path, where you had to pause so that the pair could determine which way the Decidueye went.

You hear bubbling in the distance, which was strange considering you were underground. It is a few minutes before you find the source, the tunnel opens into a small chamber, in the middle of which is a spring that seems to be bubbling up water from deep within the earth. The pool was far from clear, instead it was stained with a crimson hue, making it look similar to diluted blood. Crouch on the far side of the pool is the Decidueye, the archer drinks deep from the pool, perhaps attempting to relieve its pain. Whatever its intent, it stops when it catches sight of you and the trio of Pokemon in your company. It screeches at you, unhappy to have been disturbed. Its eyes glow heavily with the same aura that previously devoured the eyes of the Marowak and Krokorok. Although badly injured the Decidueye would still likely prove to be quite the adversary even if the numbers were in your favour.
Their level of coordination is astounding…

The more time he spent around he Riolu, the more comfortable Rorik got. In a way, the creature was much like himself – not overly fond of confrontation, but a remarkable investigator with a gift for finding the truth. At the same time, Zyll continued to intrigue him more and more: PokéDexes the world over classified Deino as the Irate Pokémon, and up until Rorik met Zyll, he would be hard-pressed to disagree. But his shiny one was abnormally calm and collected, introspective and obedient, traits that were seemingly incompatible with his species. And if there was a time when Rorik considered that maybe Zyll was hiding his true nature, the fact that he and an Aura-reader got along so well debunked that theory completely…

Slowly but surely, the duo of Zyll and Riolu led Rorik and Volg across every twist, turn and fork on the underground road. The Charmeleon’s light provided the necessary light too, so all in all, thing seemed to be going unexpectedly well for Rorik, despite the loss of his two strongest companions for this mission.

Just as he was beginning to fall into a comfortable routine of uneventful tracking, though, they reached their destination. Up ahead was a small chamber, with a pool at the center containing something that most definitely wasn’t conventional drinkable water. And yet, the foe up ahead drank insatiably.

“That’s… That’s Decidueye…”

Despite being exactly who they’d been searching for, actually meeting the archer filled Rorik with a familiar sense of dread – that lingering anguish of knowing he couldn’t go the distance, not without an actual Trainer to back him up. Not without Sir Bryant.

But that look in its eyes… It’s the same one that Marowak and Krokorok had. And we beat those two! Who’s to say we can’t beat Decidueye as well? That’s right, I… I have to think positive!

His first instinct was to lay down a mental plan of attack; after all, both Zyll and Volg held considerable Type advantages over the visibly weakened Decidueye. Fire and Darkness both could deal severe damage to the Grass/Ghost opponent, and…

Wait. This isn’t who I am.

He was overlooking the main issue in favour of the easy way out. He could have his three companions pummel the weakened bird without asking any questions, but he was a man of science and the science he studied never mentioned Pokemon mind control. And that was clearly the case here, some strange force was driving the Decidueye to aggression – if he could solve that issue, maybe he didn’t have to hurt the creature at all.

“Riolu,” Rorik whispered. “is there any way we can dispel this? Does its condition have anything to do with that strange pool?”

He had his suspicions, but lacked the means to confirm by himself. The Aura Pokemon could perhaps shed some light on the matter, but while he did, Rorik had to ensure they didn’t srop their guard.

“Volg, stand your ground, but if Decidueye makes a move, blast him with a Flamethrower. Zyll, stay on alert as well and be ready to use a Dark Pulse if it tries to hurt us.”

Finally, he mustered up the courage to look straight at Decidueye, and addressed the ominous-looking archer.

“We just want to understand what you’re going through. Please stop drinking and listen to us… let us try to help you!”

I know it’s probably just wishful thinking, but if we could get to the bottom of this without any more casualties…”
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #172
Median Dia
About Time
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- It seemed that Freya was the real deal, but you would have to wait and see how her predictions would play out. You release Tobu from her Pokeball, the fortune teller doesn't seemed startled at all by the Passimian. You instruct her to go and find Louise, you would need the Mawile by your side if you were going to go and inspect the church. The Passimian huffs before rushing out of the dark room, the bead veil rattles as she exits. You turn your attention back to Freya, the mystic seems to have more to say.

"I knew were unable to pay before you entered. Your deeds will be more than enough payment, although I fear that you face a tough challenge." Freya rises from her chair and makes her way over to a cabinet. She pulls out one of the draws and collects a few items before bringing them back over to you."A Revival Herb in case one of your Pokemon gets knocked unconscious, some Heal Powder for status conditions and an Energy Root for when your Pokemon are feeling a little weak."

You received 1x Revival Herb, 1x Heal Powder, 1x Energy Root

Freya hands you the items before placing a hand on your shoulder. Suddenly her eyes begin to flicker, as if she was having a seizure. Eventually she calms herself but a look of concern now rests on her face."They know you're coming, eyes will be watching you. He is protected by many, together you can't cannot beat them, but if he's alone you might just stand a chance. Good luck, I think you are going to need it." With an ominous warning from Freya, it seemed like it was time to go. You head outside, just in time to meet Louise and Tobu, it didn't take long for the Passimian to find her.
Chroma listened closely as Freya explained the nature of her role in these affairs, admittedly a little surprised by the alleged charity. The fortune teller's material donation to the cause was particularly interesting. If this mysterious enemy was nasty enough to urge this woman to not only provide information to a passing trainer, but give them potent healing herbs for the task as well, why the heck were they simply stealing wallets? It just seemed so... anticlimactic, really.

"Thank you for the medicine, Ma'am," she said as she picked up the Energy Root and gave it a good once-over. She dropped it back on the table when Freya started to have a bit of a fit, though the older lady thankfully seemed to be fine once she calmed down. Evidently, it was a side effect of her area of expertise.

Chroma packed the bitter herbs into her backpack, bid the fortune teller farewell, and left the building to find... that both Louise and Tobu were already there waiting for her. "Did that place... twist time somehow...?" She shrugged and cleared her throat as Elen floated to join his fellows in front of her.

"Alright, thanks to a kindly local, we now know where our wallet thief is. Unfortunately, it seems its trainer is a being of significant sway over the area, so we can't just barge in and take back what's ours. Elenchos, Tobu, I want you two to scout on ahead to get a fair idea of what we're dealing with. Since only one of you knows where we're going exactly, I need you two to stick together, and of course, try to evade enemy detection when you can."

Monkey and squid both nodded their understanding, with varying levels of enthusiasm, and quickly scaled a nearby building to exploit the fact that people rarely look up if they have no need to do so. As they disappeared from sight, Chroma motioned for Louise to follow her as she took a more traditional path to their destination. "I take it you've seen enough of this city to have a good grasp of its architecture?" The mawile nodded, an oddly determined look plastered on her face. "Good. We're probably gonna have to find a nonstandard way into the church, so your expertise will be needed for once." This got the Deciever pokemon to chuckle, if only a little bit.

Still, the situation seemed to be getting more and more bizarre as it unfolded. Were they really about to break into an abandoned church at an old fortune teller's behest for the sake of getting a few doughnuts?
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:51 AM   #173
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,283
Maskerade- Although it took some time, you eventually manage to track the Decidueye down in the depths of the catacombs. Slightly startled by the Decidueye's still aggressive behaviour, you set about a plan to hopefully protect yourselves and free the Decidueye from whatever is causing it to act so strangely. You direct the Riolu to assess the pool of crimson liquid, perhaps the Riolu's natural gifts would help it gain insight. The Riolu nods as it crouches by the pool, it stares deep into the water before slowly laying its paws on the water's surface. Nothing happened for a moment, but then, all of a sudden, the water around the young Fighting types hands begins to shed its blood red colour and return to crystal clear water. Whatever the Riolu was doing, it was working. Unfortunately it was happening at a rather slow rate, it would take time to clear the entire pool.

Upon seeing the Riolu clearing the tainted pool, the Decidueye screeches in its direction and leaps into the air, talons extended. If not for a combined Flamethrower and Dark Pulse from Volg and Zyll, the Riolu would have found itself in the clutches of the darkened archer. Instead the Decidueye is sent crashing into the wall of the tunnel. It seemed the walls of the catacombs restricted a lot of the Decidueye's movement, however it was far from crippled. The owl goes back on the offensive, whipping its wings and sending a forceful Ominous Wind at Volg. The Charmander is battered backwards by the powerful gust, his tail flame flickers for a moment but remains ignited. The Archer quickly follows up by closing in on Zyll, sweeping the blind dragon's legs out from beneath it with a low blow. Zyll clambers back to his feet, although his legs ache from the super effective blow he just took.


Medmana- Having gathered and learned all you can from Freya, you regather your team and set them to new tasks. Tobu and Elenchos were to scout ahead but keep their heads down, the last thing you needed was them getting into a battle without your guidance. The pair would navigate across the rooftops, hopefully the elevated position would assist them in both locating the church and keeping themselves concealed from the many eyes that would be looking out for them. Meanwhile Louise and yourself weave through the streets towards your destination, intent on finding an unexpected way inside the abandoned place of worship.

Tobu and Elenchos scramble down off the rooftops as you reach the end of the alley you had been travelling down. The buildings in this section of the city seemed to be abandoned, which was quite strange considering there didn't appear to be anything particularly wrong with them. The two Pokemon look a little concerned. The church stood behind them, occupying the entirety of the adjacent block. The massive stone structure loomed over the buildings surrounding it. Stain glass windows had been replaced with wooden boards, crude and intimidating looking gargoyles lined the roof. Tobu pointed up to the gargoyles, insisting you look closer. A second, more concentrated look at the gargoyles reveals them to be something else entirely. A few of them appear to be Gligars, resting motionless but with their eyes peeled on the surrounding areas like stoic sentinels. The ones closer to the ground appear to be Mankey, also remaining motionless as they stand watch over the church. Getting past the ever watching eyes of the Gligar and Mankey would prove to be quite a task indeed.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:35 AM   #174
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,735
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Gemini Spark- As Nissa and Henrietta prepared themselves to fight their over-sized adversary, Emily coaxed Ginny into the fight. "Come on Ginny, just do your best to support the other two with an Uproar." The Palpitoad moved forward hesitantly, not all too keen on fighting such a tough opponent. Suddenly it began to cry out as the bumps on its head began to vibrate, creating blasts of sound energy that continually slammed into the Feraligatr. The Water type payed little attention to the blast, continuing its lumbering movement towards the trio.

Henrietta and Nissa leaped into action, moving swiftly while letting their arms hang behind them. They darted across the soft, marshy ground and slammed into the large croc, crossing paths as the arced back around. As they prepared their next assault however, the Feraligatr glared at them with a frightful gaze. The Scary Face sent a shiver down the spine of all three Pokemon, making them hesitant about their actions and reducing their speed.

As Ginny continued to let out blasts of sound, Henrietta prepared a trap for the encroaching Feraligatr. While she was busy setting her Toxic Spikes, Nissa charged at the Water type head on. Leaping into the air she slams a blow into the evolved Pokemon's head before somersaulting backwards with Acrobatic flare. However she isn't moving fast enough, the Feraligatr lunges forward as Henrietta retreats. A powerful Slash of its classes sends Nissa flying backwards, but thankfully she manages to land feet first on the grass. The Feraligatr however has fallen right into Henrietta's trap, as a poisonous mist quickly rises around the Big Jaw Pokemon. It can do nothing to stop itself from inhaling the gas and quickly finds itself poisoned, however it would certainly take a lot more than poison to bring down this mighty beast.
While neither Nissa nor Henrietta were ready to fight something like a supersized Feraligatr, fight it they needed to, but they were not alone. "Come on Ginny, just do your best to support the other two with an Uproar," said Emily, her Palpitoad's head bump quivering to amplify her voice and create a powerful sound wave that blasted into the Feraligatr's body. No one would be sleeping on the job while that was going on, but that was nothing to worry about anyway as both of Hyrem's Pokemon rushed in and slammed their bodies against the big gator before doubling back Quickly after their Attack.

At that moment, however, Jesse used one of his intimidation tactics, a Scary Face, hoping his pesky opponents wouldn't be so bold with their attacks, and the three Pokemon all started having second thoughts and losing a large amount of Speed in the process. It affected Henrietta the most, she figured he was going to come for her after that, no doubt about it. That meant there wasn't much time, she tried her best to set up the Toxic caltrops as quickly as possible, while Nissa would distract Jesse using her Acrobatics, leading him into the Spiky trap, with Ginny continuing her Uproar. Jesse wasn't having it though, and with the big Speed drop from earlier Nissa wasn't fast enough to avoid getting Slashed by the Feraligatr's claws. She took lots of damage from that, but she was able to stay on her feet after the attack. Meanwhile, Jesse took one step too far in order to attack her like that and stepped on the trap Henrietta set up earlier, and try as he might to avoid getting Poisoned, it was too late; the venom was already in his system, and his health would deteriorate over the course of the battle, but they'd need more than that to bring him down, and Hyrem knew that, with everyone else's Speed lowered, that Feraligatr would be the fastest Pokemon in combat at the moment.

"Keep your guard up, you two! Henrietta, try attacking from a distance, using Bubble to try and start slowing him down and then Water Pulse to try putting another status on him! Nissa, you're on type advantage duty; use Mega Drain to get some health back before showing him your Nature Power!"
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #175
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Bigggggg- You continue to defend yourself while attempting to be as compliant as possible. Although you have a feeling that the officer is taking everything you say with a grain of salt. The only way to truly prove your innocence was to return to the scene of the crime and show that it wasn't possible for the claw marks to be Hotstuff's.

"Oh you don't remember that tunnel you used? That is a little odd, why don't I refresh your memory. It is this way." Officer Harrison's Squirtle sized Hotstuff up as you followed the old crime fighter through the tunnels. He seemed to know his way around fairly well, it probably wasn't the first time he had come down here in search of a criminal.

Eventually he leads you into a tunnel that was seemingly barred until recently. A shattered wooden door was strewn around the entrance, what could have destroyed it?

"Stop", Officer Harrison raised his hand, "can you hear that?" Listening carefully, you hear the beating of wings, something was following you. In a swift movement the Officer pulled out his flashlight and turned it in the direction of the noise. "I knew it", he cries as you hear the screech, a Golbat and two Zubat had been following you through the tunnels. The Zubat swoop in and try to get at Hotstuff and Officer Harrison's Squirtle. "Looks like we have a battle on our hands lad, although it appears we are currently outnumbered."
Big and hotstuff eagerly follow the Officer back, they certainly had nothing to do with what had happened and were a little eager to rub it in his face when they were innocent, along with maybe providing some assistance. They came to the wooden door and Big tilted his head. "It's wood. If I had a fire type why wouldn't I have just burned it down?" He asks. "Burn marks would be a lot harder to match evidence for than claw marks." He says a little smugly when Harrison comments on a sound that he heard. "Hear what?" Big asks when his eyes widen at the incoming zubats and golbat. A grin soon widens afterward. "Perfect!" He says excitedly as Hotstuff takes a ready stance.

"Outnumbered eh? Let's even it up a little then. Come on out Geddy!" He throws out another pokeball and out comes a tiny little Tynamo. "Hey what's going on eh?" The tynamo asks, still not understood by the trainer but Hotstuff looks up to the hovering electric type. "Not much rock star, we got accused of breaking into the bank and now we gotto fight off some zubats and a golbat." With eyes half-lidded in a relaxed state the Tynamo kind of nods. "Sounds good man, lets do it." Big in the meantime has brought out his pokedex to scan the genders of the opposing pokemon. "Ok guys. Geddy you are on thunder wave duty first, start with the Golbat and work your way to the others. "Hotstuff, lets hit them with an air cutter followed up with a heat wave." The pokemon nod once more and head into action.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.