UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2017, 07:14 AM   #126
mespritchaser
Pokemon Trainer
 
mespritchaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Mespritchaser: - Update Music

Following the trail of footprints seemed to be the obvious decision here, but their path into the darkness of the forest would leave any adventurer feeling more than uncertain.

And perhaps that was one of the oddest things about all of this, aside from the visions and the strange Pokemon, at least - the darkness. Celebi’s Swamp was a bit unordinary, at least for The Black Bayou, as the treetops here were constantly clear, and sunlight was almost always bleeding through. So, why then, was this particular pocket of the forest dark? And why did these footprints lead right into it? The whole thing just seemed like a bad sign all around.

But nevertheless, adventure was calling.

You stepped forth into the trees off the beaten path, your Pokemon at your side. You followed the trail of footprints into the depths of the forest until the last trickles of sunlight had completely vanished from the canopy above. And that’s when it happened again.

There was a flash, and a crack of thunder. It was pouring rain. The forest around you was completely unrecognizable; the only signs of vegetation that remained were the numerous wilted trees around you, and even then only some of them stood as the rest were nothing more than piles of smoldering ashes. Wisps of smoke and steam slowly rose out of the ground where the forest once stood majestically.

Another flash, and another crack of thunder. You were back in the forest once more, unsure of why this was happening. But something was different; in front of you stood three tall, intertwined trees, creating two sort of ‘gateways’ between them. And there it was: Piercing red eyes, fur as white as snow, a face as black as midnight. Except there were two of them - each standing within the arches - one on the left, and one on the right.

There was another flash. The trees still stood, twisted into arches in some sort of cruel agony as the smoldering forest around them was dead and decaying. They clouds in the sky moved at a frightening pace, as though on fast forward, until the sky eventually cleared, revealing total darkness.

“Some say the world will end in fire…”
“Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire…”
"I hold with those who favor fire."


The moon appeared over the horizon, slowly rising into the sky. With each second that passed, the air became colder and colder. As the moon raised higher into the black sky, it started to become red as blood - and at its peak the entire sky turned a dark crimson, and it felt as though your very life force was being drained from your body.

“But if it had to perish twice…”
“I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice is also great…”
“And would suffice.”


You began to feel extremely faint… and then, with a blink, you were back where you were once more, on your knees and out of breath. The creatures that stood in the archways had disappeared, once more leaving a trail through each, splitting off into two separate directions - one to the left, and one to the right.

It wasn’t too late to turn back, though. Perhaps this was simply too much for you to handle. What will you do?



The farther they walk away from the swamp, the darker it gets. Latte isn't entirely sure how long they have been walking, but it's definitely not more than an hour. The shadows formed by the canopy increasingly spreads out all around them, tempting them to turn back.

"Latte," Mina says, trembling a little. "What happened back there at the swamp? You seemed so... out of touch, for some reason." "Plup," Chachi agrees, clutching to Latte's hand. Latte squeezes Chachi's fin in response, shaking as she remembers the apocalyptic scene she beheld. "Didn't you notice it? It was dark, and you guys were gone, and there was a fox on the tree..."

Mina squints as she listens to Latte, trying to make sense of her words. Mina was sure she's never seen anything Latte was talking about. There were no dead trees or red eyes or foxes; everything's been a lush green forest since they came here. Chachi pouts a little, thinking the same thing.

Though Mina isn't sure, she tries to comfort Latte. "Perhaps it's all a dream? Are you sick? Do you need to rest?" "I don't think so," Latte replies, smiling at her Meditite's concern. "I guess I'm perfectly fine--"

Crrrrrrrrack!

As soon as Latte steps out of the last flash of light in the forest, a blinding light flashed in front of her, and rain almost immediately fell. She falls to the ground from shock, and beholds yet again a scene of darkness and decaying trees. This time, wisps of smoke were coming off from the ground, as if all life was drained from the forest. All around her were either wilted trees or piles of ashes.

"Guys?" Latte tries to scream above the torrential downpour. Mina and Chachi are gone again. Her heart starts pounding and she can't move. "Help me!"

Crrrrrrrrrrack!

She flinches, shutting her eyes and holding her arm in front of her face, as another blinding flash appears the same time she pleas for help, but the rain abruptly stops. When she opens her eyes once more, she gasps at the sight of the forest, exactly where she was before the death scene. In front of her now are intertwined trees, creating paths that seem to go even deeper in the forest. And there it is again: the fox with its blood red eyes, snow-white fur, and the darkest face she's ever seen. Hang on... there's another one! Latte can't seem to make sense of what they are exactly, but they are both standing within the arches. "Who are you?" she asks, looking at them. "What's happening?"

Mina and Chachi kneel beside her, confused and panicked, shaking her. They watch as their Trainer sits on the ground, screaming at nothing.

"What's happening?" Chachi asks, tears forming in his eyes. "What's over there?" "I-I don't know," Mina replies. She shakes Latte. "Latte? Latte!"

Another flash causes Latte to flinch again, this time reverting to the dead forest from earlier. The tree-gates, however, still stood, though they intertwine as if they're clinging on for dear life. As she makes sense of her surroundings once more, she hears faint voices.

“Some say the world will end in fire…”

"I-In fire...?" Latte whispers.

“Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire…”

"Ice...?" Latte whispers again, confused. "How...?"

"I hold with those who favor fire."

The clouds above Latte move at an unusually fast pace, until they are completely gone and the sky is entirely bare. Latte watches as from the horizon, the moon illuminates the path it takes as it moves higher into the sky.

Latte increasingly feels chiller each second; she wraps her arms, still not feeling warm enough. She watches as the moon turns red each time it moves. As if that isn't terrifying and puzzling enough, the black sky turns a dark crimson when the moon stops directly above her. Latte feels herself weaken, crouching forward and closer to the ground, her breath heavy. Her head pounds a bit, then she hears the voices again.

“But if it had to perish twice…”
“I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice is also great…”
“And would suffice.”


Latte's breathing is still labored. "Wh...what's going on?" She clutches her chest, her head on the ground. "Wh... who...." She musters enough strength to scream.

"WHO ARE YOU!"

"Plup!!!" Chachi shakes Latte, who's now completely crouched on the ground, still gasping for air. "Plup? Piplup!!!"

"Latte!" Mina grabs on to Latte's other arm, which was supporting her body. Latte falls sideways and lies flat on the grass, now staring up at the lush canopy that wasn't there earlier. She continues to breathe heavily, but she foucuses on it. She slowly breathes back to normal as time passes by without those dark visions.

"Piplup!!!" Chachi kneels at her side, tears forming at his eyes, as he watches his Trainer stare blankly at the sky. "Plup..."

"Chachi..." Latte gasps, then turns to Mina. "Mina... you guys..." She sits up slowly, Mina and Chachi holding her on each arm. "Piplup!" Chachi then flings himself to Latte's arms and buries his face on her shoulder. Latte hugs him tight. "It's okay, Chi. I'm okay." Mina puts her hand on Chachi's back, a small smile on her face from relief.

"What did you see?" Mina asks. "I-It was dark..." Latte mumbles, recounting the dead forest, as Chachi moves away from her grasp.. "This forest was dead... T-There were two eyes, right over there." She points towards the tree-gates, standing tall as ever. Mina and Chachi gasp, surprised that it was ever there at all.

"P-Pip...?" How long was that there?

"W-When did that..." Mina whispers.

"Exactly," Latte says, now more skeptic than anxious as she begins to get up. "Those two fox things... they were trying to tell me something. Something about ice and fire, and destruction..."

"Destruction?" Mina asks. "Of what?"

Latte thinks, recalling what she heard. "I couldn't remember much. But that was the gist. And this forest... this forest was gone."

"Plup?" Gone...? Chachi, puzzled, looks around him; the forest looks very far from being dead.

Mina holds on to Latte's shirt. "Should we be moving forward? This place is getting too... dangerous... for you. It's hard to see you like that." Chachi nods.

Latte nods. "I can't let go of what I'm seeing until I find out why. Something's telling me this forest is in danger... I can't just leave and let that be."

Mina and Chachi look at each other. "That's true." Chachi says. "We need answers. But I'm--" "Scared," Mina admits. "So am I. But Latte needs us. We need to be there for her." "I know that. I do. I don't want this forest gone, either." Mina nods.

Mina and Chachi walk to Latte and embrace her at her sides. "Plup plup!" Chachi says, showing his support to his Trainer. "We're with you," Mina says. Latte smiles and returns the hug to her Pokemon. "Thank you guys," she says. "Please stay close to me."

"If you have any more visions, let us know. We'll make sure you snap out if it gets too..." Mina trails off. "Wild?" Latte chuckles. "Sure. I trust you guys."

Holding her Pokemon's arms again, Latte now mulls over which path to take, both having footprints. She looks hard at either side, trying to see if there was perhaps a bit of light coming off of them, but nothing seems distinct about each one.

"Alright," Latte says as she walks towards the arch on the right. She looks up at the tree-arch as they went inside. "Time to go deeper."
__________________


Profile x Café Latte x Wishlist x Secret Base (soon!)

mespritchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #127
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Halloweentown
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post

=-------------------~morningstar~-------------------=

Once the Pokemon had revealed itself to be, well, a Pokemon. You felt a lot more comfortable. You had come here freely, but the thought of dealing with some terrifying otherworldly being or eldritch creature was certainly terrifying. Although the little candle beast was indeed a Pokemon, you couldn't exactly say you were familiar with it --- the only thing you knew for sure was that the fire was bad news for your companion. Your Mawile looked rather determined and angry, determined to win and perhaps angry over the burn she was suffering from, or maybe angry over what the somewhat cute creature had done to that poor little girl.

Speaking of the girl, she was still unconscious in your arms. Her body was gradually regaining it's colour the longer she was away from the candle, her skin was also getting bouncier and more youthful. It was almost like watching a corpse slowly begin to reanimate itself, but you had to admit that you were happy that the young girl was at least able to bounce back so quickly from such a horrible event. You had to hope that she would wake up soon, you had to assume that her parents were worried sick about her. Her dishevelled appearance lead you to believe that she had been out here for quite some time, if you had arrived just a moment later... who knows what would've become of her.

You glanced back towards Eclair, commanding her to Taunt the creature so it couldn't make itself any smaller. The candle creature let out a whaling moan in response, saddened and enraged --- it had fallen for the Taunt of the Mawile. It opened it's mouth, allowing for some foul smelling Smog to seep out. Luckily for Eclair, it's steel typing prevented it from getting poisoned or even hurt by the move in question. However... you could still smell the repulsive stink, causing you to cover your nose. How could such an adorable candle produce such an absolutely horrible and rank smell? Coughing through your hand, you commanded Eclair to rush towards the creature and Tickle it to catch it off guard. The Mawile obeyed, jumping towards the creature, which was still emitting the gas from it's mouth. The Mawile began to Tickle the waxy body of the candle, causing it to stop spitting out the smog and let out a small giggle. Once the creature was caught off guard, Eclair bit down hard with it's large second head. The candle gave a pathetic sort of wail, causing tears to fall from it's eyes. The move had done a significant amount of damage to the creature, and it was beginning to get upset. The creature let out a scream and blasted a Spinning pillar of Fire towards Eclair, it did moderate damage to the Mawile but it also stayed on her. She was trapped in the vortex of flames, eyeing you with a concerned glance.

The battle continues, the Litwick is looking a bit worse off than Eclair. What do you do?


Acrid smoke filled Athena's lungs, causing her to cough rather violently to clear them. Eclair looked back at her trainer with worry. She didn't care much if she got hurt in a battle, but attacking Athena made this battle much more personal. She put as much rage as she could into her attacks, letting her opponent know that she meant business. The Mawile snickered in satisfaction at the tears welling up in the smaller Pokemon's eyes. In retaliation, Eclair was suddenly surrounded by swirling flames. She pulled the mouth at the back of her head closer to her body, worried it might get licked by the fire. She looked back at Athena and noticed an odd look on her face. Though she did look worried, something else was there. Fascination? They hadn't been traveling together for too long, but Eclair definitely recognized that Athena wanted more than to just save the girl. As angry as she was with this candle, there was more to Pokemon battles than defeating the opponent.

"Wile!" Eclair called to her trainer. Athena understood that they were now both on the same page.

"This might hurt a bit but... Iron Head!" Athena commanded. Eclair braced herself, looked for an opening in the spinning fire, then charged forward. Athena took a closer look at the girl in her arms. Color was slowly returning to her face. Gently, she brushed a strand of hair from her face. Though she wasn’t sure if the child was awake, she comfortingly whispered to her. “Just hang on a little bit longer, ok? We’ll get you out of here soon…”
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:36 PM   #128
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post


Le Marécage Noir: The Black Bayou

Known as the 'Black Bayou,' Marécage Noir is a series of wetlands on the north western tip of Fizzytopia, which includes marshes, swamps, and even a thicket of mangroves which stand between Marécage Noir and the coastline. A wide variety of Pokémon call the relatively untamed wilderness home, while a city stands at the heart of it all, known far and wide as a bastion of revelry and sin.


La Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs - The City of Jesters and Thieves
The City of Jesters and Thieves, as it has come to be known, is a place of celebration and a place of woe. Often alight with festivals, the city is a place where good food, good drink, and fine company can easily be found. Be wary, however: there is no shortage of crime here. Pickpockets and thieves roam the streets looking for easy marks. Gamblers and con artists are eager to take the unsuspecting for all that they have. Perhaps because of the constant excitement and trickery, Psychic Pokémon gather here, feeding on the energy of winners and losers alike. The constant excitement is enough to turn anyone on their head. Will you try your luck here, at la Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs? Please reply in Goldenrod.
The Black Bayou was a pretty infamous place for most people, though there were plenty of folks who would say that it was quite famous instead. Well, the City of Jesters and Thieves was, anyway- much of the rest of the place was infamous in everyone's eyes. Nobody wanted to become rotten corpses or pokefood, after all, though there were plenty of daredevils and diehards who headed into the swamp or the catacombs without proper preparation even against this desire. Humans weren't always the brightest, after all.

Those dangerous places were locations that held little interest to the violet-haired visitor to these lands at this time, of course. Rather, Dichromatia Schmeltzer had been drawn to the swamp by the place that stood overflowing with life upon the otherwise dank premises of the dreary marshland: La Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs.

Cities that were said to be full of sinners and swine often provided a home for more skillful heathens, Psychics, Channelers, and Hex Maniacs that decided that they preferred the bustle of society over the solitude of seclusion and set up shop there as a result. Some even say that the creator of the feared art of voodoo was one such person who had a particularly close bond to their banette! Of course, there were always false mystics hoping to capitalize on the presence of the real deal for there own gain, but someone with a bit of experience with the actual craft could easily determine a con artist from a true expert. It was people such as those that Chroma had come to search out, in hopes of learning something from their different perspective in the art.

Con artists weren't the only untrustworthy folks around these parts, of course, and the girl was not about to set herself up toward becoming a thieve's victim today. Louise, her mawile and long-time partner, walked beside her with eyes peeled and ears alert- indeed, she was the only pokemon in Chroma's possession she could trust not to get distracted by something in this town, and a pretty decent bodyguard otherwise to boot!

Well, perhaps it would be more accurate to say that she was only half distracted. While the mawile was indeed keeping her senses open, she was also babbling on about (presumably) the magnificent architecture that permeated the sides of the city streets. Chroma simple nodded everyone once and a while as she watched for other sights. While it was easy to question why most people would want to come here in the first place, both of them had to admit that it was easy to see why someone would want to stay.

Not that staying would likely be a wise idea at all, of course.
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #129
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,918
Maskerade- Realizing your mistake, you decide it best to prove yourself useful to the knight, after all, your research stood to benefit from this venture. As your Pokemon showed their support, you offer your 'expertise' and question as to where you would start the search.

"First we see if this Riolu can actually find the Decidueye's aura", Sir Bryant glared at the Riolu, "well Riolu? Have you found the aura?" The Riolu nods sheepishly before handing the arrow back to the knight who places it in a small bag attached to his hip."What are you waiting for then? Lead the way." The Riolu trembles a little before darting ahead, following the traces of the Decidueye's aura."Follow closely professor", adds Sir Bryant as he jogs off in pursuit of the Riolu, his Metagross levitating off the ground behind him.

Following the Riolu and the knight, you weave through the graveyard in hopes of tracking down the rogue Decidueye. The Riolu has to stop on occasion to find the aura once more, much to the displeasure of Sir Bryant who continues to berate the young fighting type with his harsh tone. Eventually the Riolu leads you into a dead end, mausoleums run down each side of the path while a larger, older mausoleum blocks of the end of it. Suddenly the hair on the back of your neck starts to stand on end, something wasn't right. The Riolu senses something is off as well and quickly retreats, rushing behind the Metagross. You wear the scrape of steel on steel as Sir Bryant draws his sword from its sheathe, pulling it across his body just in time to meet at arrow fired straight for his chest. "Get down!"

You and your Pokemon scatter to hide behind a nearby mausoleum, the Riolu rushes out from behind Metagross to hide with you. Sir Bryant stands at the ready, his Metagross lets out a groan as it is struck in the leg by one of the arrows. Thankfully it bounces off of its iron hide, but that didn't stop the hit from hurting."Show yourself fiend", Sir Bryant issues challenge to your ambusher, attempting to call it from the shadows. To your surprise the Decidueye actually answers the call, gliding down from atop the mausoleum at the end of the path. The owl had its hood pulled up over its head, its bow like wing raised and ready to fire. Looking closely you notice its eyes are glowing with a dark red energy, something about it didn't seem right. The owl lets out a shrill cry, perhaps in an attempt to intimidate? The real intent of the cry becomes clear as suddenly two more Pokemon appear. A bipedal crocodile Pokemon with tanned skin and dark markings rushed to the Decidueye's side, joined by a bone wielding Pokemon with a skull covering its head. The Decidueye had called for allies, both of which had eyes glowing with dark red energy, akin to the Decidueye.

"A Krokorok and a Marowak, it seems the Decidueye hasn't been working alone!" Despite this development, Sir Bryant doesn't seem to shirk away."Professor can your Pokemon fight? I am a little outnumbered and your assistance would be much appreciated. Leave the Decidueye to me, just keep its comrades occupied." It seems Sir Bryant was now in need of your assistance, but were you capable of handling these Pokemon?



Raves- As you 'introduce yourself' and agree to assist Jake for now, you seem to peak the investigators interest."Your own agenda huh?" Jake seems curious as to what you could have going on,"feel free to share anything with me, I know a lot about this city, I might just be able to steer you onto the right track." Jake gave you a little wink before gesturing towards the club entrance,"after you."

You head towards the front door, the bouncer steps aside and lets you straight in, Bel follows closely with Jake not far behind. After walking down a dimly lit hallway you soon come out into the main section of the club. The club is broken into two sections, most of the people were contained to the bottom floor, while a stairway blocked by a velvet rope and manned by a bouncer restricted access to the second level. There weren't many other Pokemon in the club, looking around you see a Persian laying across the lap of a scarcely dressed woman while a Spinda dances around erratically with its drunken trainer. Looking closer at the other revelers you notice that they seem to be acting strangely. A group of them are confined to one corner, their mood sullen. Another group tears up the middle of the dance floor, dancing wildly with no inhibitions. Across the other side of the room a group bursts with uncontrollable laughter, tears streak down their faces.

"hmmm", murmurs Jake, "it seems that those under the influence of the drug seem to group with others that react the same way, interesting." Jake looks around the room, hoping to find a clue as to where they should start."We need to find out how they are getting the drug, I'm going to case the place out, why don't you do the same, maybe go get a drink and see if you can find anything out at the bar?" Jake walked off towards the group of laughers, breaking into an extremely obviously fake laugh as he joins the group. Would you go and try interacting with one of the groups? Or perhaps you needed a drink before you were ready for that?


Medmana- You're walking down the streets of revelrous city you find your senses bombarded by a range of stimuli. Jazz music flows from various venues, enticing smells waft on the air from various restaurants and neon lights highlight various establishments. All together they create an exciting atmosphere, anything could happen in this city. However you couldn't help but feel like all this did was serve as a veil for all the shady activities that were likely going on, would it be possible to trust anyone around here? You pass by a nearby food stand, the kind old woman running it beckons you over. Walking over to inspect the stand, the woman seems to be selling Donuts, the smell of which has Louise salivating.

"Hello there young lady, could I interest you in a donut?" The old woman puts on a big grin as she displays her sugar coated treats."$200 each, your Pokemon will love you all the more for it!" You pull out your wallet as you ponder whether to purchase some treats for your Pokemon, only for a small, scruffy looking dog to jump up and rip it out of your hands. The Herdier quickly races off threw the crowd with your wallet, you lose sight of it as it turns down an alley."Oh dear, not again", cries the old woman,"that has been happening a lot lately, not always that Herdier but Pokemon have been stealing more and more lately. It used to be the people you had to worry about but now the Pokemon are a bigger issue. Sorry about your wallet, feel free to come back if you track it down."

Your wallet had been stolen by a wayward Pokemon, if you were going to have any chance of getting it back you were going to need to track down that Herdier!
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:52 AM   #130
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post

Medmana- You're walking down the streets of revelrous city you find your senses bombarded by a range of stimuli. Jazz music flows from various venues, enticing smells waft on the air from various restaurants and neon lights highlight various establishments. All together they create an exciting atmosphere, anything could happen in this city. However you couldn't help but feel like all this did was serve as a veil for all the shady activities that were likely going on, would it be possible to trust anyone around here? You pass by a nearby food stand, the kind old woman running it beckons you over. Walking over to inspect the stand, the woman seems to be selling Donuts, the smell of which has Louise salivating.

"Hello there young lady, could I interest you in a donut?" The old woman puts on a big grin as she displays her sugar coated treats."$200 each, your Pokemon will love you all the more for it!" You pull out your wallet as you ponder whether to purchase some treats for your Pokemon, only for a small, scruffy looking dog to jump up and rip it out of your hands. The Herdier quickly races off threw the crowd with your wallet, you lose sight of it as it turns down an alley."Oh dear, not again", cries the old woman,"that has been happening a lot lately, not always that Herdier but Pokemon have been stealing more and more lately. It used to be the people you had to worry about but now the Pokemon are a bigger issue. Sorry about your wallet, feel free to come back if you track it down."

Your wallet had been stolen by a wayward Pokemon, if you were going to have any chance of getting it back you were going to need to track down that Herdier!
Wandering about kinda randomly didn't do them much good in finding anything helpful quite yet. Well, it wasn't exactly surprising at all- Louise and Chroma did just get here. The former did let her trainer's let down a bit by having a particular strong scent steal her attention away. The mawile soon found herself straying away from the human's side as she followed her nose to the source.

"Hey, where are you going?" Chroma called out upon noticing her bodyguard's escape. She sighed when she didn't get a response and followed the pixie, feeling a bit ill at ease- this could very well be a trap of some sort!

...Or it could just be a streetside donut stand. Those weren't exactly immediately threatening things, so visitor let herself relax a bit as she approached the vendor. "Geez, Louise, I thought you didn't like sweet food!"

The Deceiver Pokemon jumped slightly in surprise and blushed when she realized that a most unladylike amount of saliva was escaping her horns. She shook herself out of her hunger-induced trance and immediately returned to her usual self. 'I don't! I just want a plain one- is that too much to ask?'

Between her mawile's apparent infatuation with the fried pastries' aroma, the old vendor's claims, and her own need for a snack, Chroma had found herself in a situation where she really couldn't say no. Sure, $200 just for a single donut might seem pretty overpriced to the uninitiated, but it was clear that lady had spent a good part perfecting the craft of donut making to the point of being worth it- more than worth it if they tasted even better than they smelled! She sighed as she dug her wallet out of her pocket. "Alright, we'll take six. Can I get one plain and another with extra frosti-uwaah?!"

All of the sudden, a large and furry form burst from the shadows, bowled Chroma over, and nabbed her wallet, running off into the distance. Louise quickly took off after the thieving canine, shouting angry obscenities at it in response to being denied her food. The younger lady picked herself up and sighed in annoyance, listening to the old lady's thoughts on the matter. "That's certainly weird," she agreed. "I'll try to do just that, madame!" And with that, she too was off.

Chroma knew better than to let Louise attempt to apprehend the vagrant on her own- she was decidedly better at bruising things than catching them, after all, and it seemed unlikely that her Sweet Scent would even phase a pokemon native to this sensory overload of a city. She quickly fished out another pokeball and quickly released its contents, unleashing her inkay into the world once more. "Elen, Camouflage yourself and try to intercept the pokemon that has my wallet! Don't be afraid to use a little Hypnosis on them if you need to!" The Revolving Pokemon squeaked his acknowledgement and turned into a different alleyway from the one Louise had in hopes of following his orders to a 'T'.

Finding herself now alone as she continued the chase at her own pace she allowed herself to contemplate the situation at hand on a larger scale. While it's true that there were some pokemon with a predisposition towards thievery, herdier was not one of them- in fact, such an act seemed to be a far cry from the path most wind up following! If this annoying dog (and multiple other pokemon, according to the donut woman) was acting so far out of character, then there was a very high chance that there was a human master pulling their strings from behind the scenes. And to be honest with herself, the young woman had absolutely no desire to deal with such a person- the farther away from them she could reclaim her wallet, the better!
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:05 PM   #131
Naruxami
Looking cool, Joker!
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 293
=-------------------~Patches~-------------------=

Kiku was never one for thinking, usually just one for action --- and today was certainly no different. Kiku had rushed into that foreboding darkness in that mystery doorway ahead of you, caution to the wind as he sprinted into the dark. You knew there was no possible way he could see in there, but you also had to wonder how he was able to simply wander in so blissfully with that disgusting smell hanging in the air above all of you. You glanced at Mio, the Pikachu was staring up the ladder that they had used to get into the depths. It was fairly obvious that her intention was to get back up to where they had come from, and maybe you should've listened to her... but it was too late now. Mio lets out a sigh at Kiku's adventurous nature, running towards her trainer and using a blinding flash to illuminate the cave ahead of them. The two then wandered into the cave, the light from Mio's cheeks their only way of seeing.


The caves seemed oddly expansive for just being a mere hallway, it actually seemed like it could continue forever. The walls were drab and made of dirt and mud that had long since solidified into a solid wall, so that these tunnels would not collapse on anyone that decided to venture within. As you rounded a corner, you were greeted by something that you didn't exactly expect to see --- a human skeleton pinned to one of the walls. Almost as though it had been purposely placed there for someone to find. Mio gave a loud cry, running back the direction you came. Without your light, you realised it was probably best to follow. As you ran after her quickly, you noticed she came to a halt at a wall. She faced you, her eyes swelling up in a mix of panic and fear. It seems the door you came through has been sealed back up, leaving you in this messy maze of bones. You glanced around, although it was a little scary being trapped in here, it was fascinating. A brand new area to explore, filled to the brim with all sorts of bones. Maybe you could find some other interesting souvenirs down here too! The thought filled you with hope... however, your first priority should really be finding Kiku.

You and Mio slowly backtrack towards the skeleton you had found, noticing that from the skeleton there seemed to be two distinct paths. One to it's right, and the other to it's left. You had to wonder which way your precious Eevee had gone, and you decided that it might be best to think a bit before deciding where to go. You glanced towards the floor, hoping to see pawprints in the dirt. Unfortunately, you see nothing that would give you the slightest inkling as to where Kiku was. You sigh, listening intently for some sort of sound. From the right, you hear what sounds like chains rattling... and from the left you hear what sounds like drab moans and crying.

Kiku has to be down one of these paths... the question is which. What do you do?

[Upon your request, your adventure has shifted into the catacombs. From this point forward, please reply in darkmagenta.]


=-------------------~TheKnightsFury~-------------------=

A castle to the North. It had certainly peaked your interest, a curious land formation that lay ahead. You had to wonder if anyone still resided in it, perhaps some knights that you could spar with... or maybe even a king that could officially declare you as some sort of royal knight. You were sure it was abandoned, and had been that way for quite some time. However, a little hope in the unknown really never hurt anyone. Atop your powerful steed, you felt like a true knight --- You were sure you'd make a good knight, so long as you were given the opportunity. Although the lore of the castle fascinated you, the prospect of getting some kind of new Pokemon was even more exciting. It was possible that you could even encounter an elusive dragon type, you had heard they were rare... but you weren't exactly sure how rare.

As your steed thundered along the path, which was particular faded from being forgotten for so many years. Your Dartrix poked her head up, realising that you had arrived at some sort of new destination. You yourself felt... odd. There was something about this place you couldn't place, some sort of dark aura that permeated your entire being. Something terrible had happened here... you had heard about the calamity, but the details were forgotten over time. You grasped the sword the clung to your hip, the bad vibes that the castle in the distance was giving you were getting worse. You felt like something bad was about to happen, and you had to make sure that you kept everyone safe. As Boudicca continued down the path, you noticed someone resting on the road ahead. It was an odd character, sitting on the side of a ride that had long sine been abandoned. You began to ease Boudicca to slow down, wanting to get a better look at the character. It was a young woman, a small harp resting upon her lap. A tilted hat with many feathers resting in it's side was resting atop her head, flattening some of the puffy curls of gold that were atop her head. Upon hearing you approach, she sat up signalling for you to come closer. You pulled Boudicca to a halt, jumping from her backside and walking towards the woman.

"Oi. Haven't seen your face 'round here before." She smiled, tipping her hat upwards. Allowing you to get a better look at her big, beautiful golden eyes. "Are you heading to the castle? Haven't you heard the rumours?" Her face shifts to one of concern. "It will drive you mad... like it did the king." She grips her harp in fear, before shaking her head and sticking out her hand. "I'm sorry, I get ahead of myself sometimes. I'm Sylvi." She smiles, glancing at Boudicca. "Beautiful horse you got there... mine's over yonder." She points towards a valley behind her, where a proud looking Rapidash stands, staring towards the castle. She glances back at you, eyeing you intently. "If you really want tew' go to the castle, I can take you there... don't expect me to stay there long with you though!"

She seems friendly enough, although a little curious. However, she is offering to keep you company. What do you do?


=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=

Your Mawile looks particularly frustrated upon seeing the Litwick harm you, you're sure it wasn't exactly on purpose... what sort of Pokemon would actively attempt to hurt a human? Eclair cringed slightly, feeling the effects of her burn beginning to weigh her down. The Litwick let out a pitiful little sob, wiping it's tears away with two makeshift hands made of wax. It glanced towards Eclair, watching as it's flames enveloped the Mawile. It's eyes stayed on the pillars of fire, almost as though it was enchanted by it's own attack. You had to wonder if the creature had ever actually had a Pokemon battle before, as it seemed to be particularly young and naive in that aspect --- it hadn't even known that the Smog attack wasn't going to work on Eclair. It shook itself, freeing itself from it's momentary awe only to see Eclair charging at it with a full bodied Iron Head. The Litwick let out a pitiful scream, being thrown across the battlefield.

The Litwick stood itself back up, looking a little wobbly on it's feet. The creature's eyes were filled with tears, it looked as though it was ready to simply give up and quit while it was ahead. The flame on it's head even looked as though it was getting weaker and gradually depleting the longer it fought against the Mawile. It let out a wail, letting loose a small stream of embers from it's mouth. Striking Eclair directly, causing her to shield her face. The flames that still surrounded her licked at her, causing her to sustain some damage. The Litwick looked proud of itself, glancing back towards you. Noticing the food source it was praying on coming back to life slowly in your arms, it let out an angered cry. Turning around and charging at Eclair in an astonishing display. Eclair was caught off guard, sustaining a small amount of damage from the attack. She fought off the urge to flinch, waiting for her trainer to give her the next set of instructions.

At this point, the battle could swing either way... but it's looking as though the Litwick is getting very worn out --- causing it to be weaker. This could be your opening, what do you do?

Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #132
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Halloweentown
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post


=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=

Your Mawile looks particularly frustrated upon seeing the Litwick harm you, you're sure it wasn't exactly on purpose... what sort of Pokemon would actively attempt to hurt a human? Eclair cringed slightly, feeling the effects of her burn beginning to weigh her down. The Litwick let out a pitiful little sob, wiping it's tears away with two makeshift hands made of wax. It glanced towards Eclair, watching as it's flames enveloped the Mawile. It's eyes stayed on the pillars of fire, almost as though it was enchanted by it's own attack. You had to wonder if the creature had ever actually had a Pokemon battle before, as it seemed to be particularly young and naive in that aspect --- it hadn't even known that the Smog attack wasn't going to work on Eclair. It shook itself, freeing itself from it's momentary awe only to see Eclair charging at it with a full bodied Iron Head. The Litwick let out a pitiful scream, being thrown across the battlefield.

The Litwick stood itself back up, looking a little wobbly on it's feet. The creature's eyes were filled with tears, it looked as though it was ready to simply give up and quit while it was ahead. The flame on it's head even looked as though it was getting weaker and gradually depleting the longer it fought against the Mawile. It let out a wail, letting loose a small stream of embers from it's mouth. Striking Eclair directly, causing her to shield her face. The flames that still surrounded her licked at her, causing her to sustain some damage. The Litwick looked proud of itself, glancing back towards you. Noticing the food source it was praying on coming back to life slowly in your arms, it let out an angered cry. Turning around and charging at Eclair in an astonishing display. Eclair was caught off guard, sustaining a small amount of damage from the attack. She fought off the urge to flinch, waiting for her trainer to give her the next set of instructions.

At this point, the battle could swing either way... but it's looking as though the Litwick is getting very worn out --- causing it to be weaker. This could be your opening, what do you do?


Eclair surged forward, relying on the strength of her Steel body to deliver a hard blow to the Litwick. Watching it go flying was satisfying, and she couldn't help giggling a little again. Her laughter was cut short as she felt pain not only from her burn, but also the flames still surrounding her. Athena winced as her Pokemon did. She had suffered plenty of burns from working in the kitchen, but had never been directly attacked by fire like Eclair was. More fire poured from Litwick's mouth and assaulted Eclair. As inexperienced as this Pokemon was, it definitely knew its opponent was definitely not fireproof. The ghost type looked at the girl in Athena's arms, and Athena hugged her tighter in defense. Eclair gasped in shock as she was Astonished, losing her balance and falling to the ground.

It was time for this to end, Athena couldn't stand watching either Pokemon get hurt any longer. She moved the little girl to her hip so she had a free hand, and slung her backpack off one shoulder. After some digging, she pulled out a normal Pokeball, but hesitated. She dropped the ball back into the bag and continued rummaging, looking for the prize she had recently won in a Gatcha. Eclair kept up her defenses to give her trainer enough time to get ready. She noticed her trainer finally pulling out a pink ball with cream markings and a light blue button. Athena took a deep breath. This was the first time she had done this, besides catching her starter Mawile.

"Eclair, Captivate it for me!" She directed. Heal Ball in hand, she reeled back and let it fly in the direction of Litwick. Before it landed, she squeezed her eyes shut, too overwhelmed with anticipation.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #133
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
[U][B][center]

=-------------------~Kawaii~-------------------=

Your Pokemon seemed to be taking the battle rather poorly, the Croagunk had slowly limped away after being forcably shoved aside by Oisin. He appreciated the concern of your Pokemon, especially that strangers had come to help his family. He was so exhausted from the battle with the three vicious snakes that two of his teammates had to help him get away faster than he was before, one was the Oddish from before, she gave a passing glance to Tengu, hoping he had no bitten off more that he could chew. The small Oddish and a Bellsprout quickly escorted their leader away, knowing that they needed to treat his wounds quickly.

Knowing that your trio was vastly outnumbered by the snakes in terms of strength and skill, you sent out another Pokemon --- one who had a type based advantage against the snakes, your small Drowzee. The Drowzee in question wasn't exactly a fighter, she much prefered to observe Pokemon and come up with logical conclusions. In this way, she was much like an intelligence agent for your team. Despite this, the Drowzee realised that sometimes bad Pokemon deserved to be attacked. Sometimes when Pokemon were putting others in danger, they needed to be stopped by any means necessary --- even if it meant using some force. Baku glanced towards her trainer, following her command for a Psyshock --- however, she decided that out of the trio of her friends that were fighting, Oisin probably needed the most help. The Deerling was stubborn, sure. But he was already taking heavy damage from the large lead snake. She jumped to his side, unleashing a Psyshock that caused the snake to hiss out in pain loudly. It eyed it's new attacker and quickly slithered towards her, Beating Her up with it's thick head and body. Baku stepped back slightly, the dark type pummelling had hit her somewhat hard, but she knew she had to stay strong.

Oisin stared down the snake, it had hurt him quite a bit --- and now it was attacking his friend. He unleashed a barrage of seeds, hitting the Arbok in a bombing sort of formation. The snake hissed in annoyance, the seeds didn't hit for very much damage and all they really seemed to do was piss the snake off even further. It coated it's tail in an iron like substance and swung it at Oisin but the little deer was quick enough to avoid the hit, forcing the Arbok's tail to hit the ground hard. The other two Ekans unleashed their own attacks in response to being attacked, DTM had used Foresight on her Ekans, causing it to respond with a rather Scary Face. Tengu blasted his Ekans with a Bullet Seed, to which it only gave a mere smirk in response. It quickly slithered towards Tengu and wrapped it's body around it, squeezing Tengu hard in it's grasp.

The battle continues forwards, how will you act? What do you do?

Kawaii sighed, there was still not enough help and her pokemon were still getting destroyed. She wanted to keep her starter out of all of this just to give her other pokemon a chance. With an apologetic look at Baku she drew out another pokeball “alright Frieghya join the fight!”
Her Espeon appeared in a flash of light. The psychic type was colored a light pink instead of the normal light purple and the jewel on her forehead resembled an opal instead of the normal red color. Freighya took in the situation and ran to the aid of the grass types.
The pink haired trainer took in the situation and had one more idea, she was close to being out of rare candies but she could spare two in order to improve the situation. She called out to Tengu “come over here Tengu, Freighya take his place.” The Espeon nodded and ran over to the spot where the seedot was. The grass/dark type waddled over and gasped out a sigh. Kawaii smiled and fed the little acorn 2 Rare Candies.
CODE:
Tengu leveled up to level 2
Tengu leveled up to level 3
Tengu learned Harden
The female trainer looked back at the battle with a smile “Let’s do this. First Frieghya use psychic on the nearest snake, Baku use psyshock on the same snake, Oisin use seed bomb again and finally Tengu stay here and use harden.” She commanded and her pokemon sprung to action. First off Frieghya took aim at a random serpent and fired a psychic wave. Next the Drowzee repeated the action from her last move as did the Deerling. On the other hand Tengu stood by as his outer shell thickened.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:19 PM   #134
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=-------------------~TheKnightsFury~-------------------=

A castle to the North. It had certainly peaked your interest, a curious land formation that lay ahead. You had to wonder if anyone still resided in it, perhaps some knights that you could spar with... or maybe even a king that could officially declare you as some sort of royal knight. You were sure it was abandoned, and had been that way for quite some time. However, a little hope in the unknown really never hurt anyone. Atop your powerful steed, you felt like a true knight --- You were sure you'd make a good knight, so long as you were given the opportunity. Although the lore of the castle fascinated you, the prospect of getting some kind of new Pokemon was even more exciting. It was possible that you could even encounter an elusive dragon type, you had heard they were rare... but you weren't exactly sure how rare.

As your steed thundered along the path, which was particular faded from being forgotten for so many years. Your Dartrix poked her head up, realising that you had arrived at some sort of new destination. You yourself felt... odd. There was something about this place you couldn't place, some sort of dark aura that permeated your entire being. Something terrible had happened here... you had heard about the calamity, but the details were forgotten over time. You grasped the sword the clung to your hip, the bad vibes that the castle in the distance was giving you were getting worse. You felt like something bad was about to happen, and you had to make sure that you kept everyone safe. As Boudicca continued down the path, you noticed someone resting on the road ahead. It was an odd character, sitting on the side of a ride that had long since been abandoned. You began to ease Boudicca to slow down, wanting to get a better look at the character. It was a young woman, a small harp resting upon her lap. A tilted hat with many feathers resting in it's side was resting atop her head, flattening some of the puffy curls of gold that were atop her head. Upon hearing you approach, she sat up signalling for you to come closer. You pulled Boudicca to a halt, jumping from her backside and walking towards the woman.

"Oi. Haven't seen your face 'round here before." She smiled, tipping her hat upwards. Allowing you to get a better look at her big, beautiful golden eyes. "Are you heading to the castle? Haven't you heard the rumours?" Her face shifts to one of concern. "It will drive you mad... like it did the king." She grips her harp in fear, before shaking her head and sticking out her hand. "I'm sorry, I get ahead of myself sometimes. I'm Sylvi." She smiles, glancing at Boudicca. "Beautiful horse you got there... mine's over yonder." She points towards a valley behind her, where a proud looking Rapidash stands, staring towards the castle. She glances back at you, eyeing you intently. "If you really want tew' go to the castle, I can take you there... don't expect me to stay there long with you though!"

She seems friendly enough, although a little curious. However, she is offering to keep you company. What do you do?
A stranger by the side of the road, her appearance suggested she was perhaps a bard, maybe she would construct a song of Jayson's conquests? Although strangely dressed, Jayson couldn't help but find her somewhat attractive. Perhaps it was the harp in her hand that attracted Jayson, he had always been a fan of the delicate notes the instrument played. Jayson was curious when she mentioned the mad king, he had heard a little about it but perhaps this bard was privy to a more detailed tale.

"Well met Sylvi", Jayson gave the woman a smile and bowed his head slightly."I am no stranger to madness, if madness awaits me then it's madness I face. I would enjoy the pleasure of your company, I have been on the road with naught but my Pokemon to keep me company for many a day now." Jayson looked across to Rapidash, standing in a small clearing, eyes solely locked on the castle in the distance. Its flaming mane and tail billowed and flickered, it truly was a magnificent Pokemon. That is indeed a beautiful mount you have there, I have always been rather fond of Rapidash, they're such elegant Pokemon. Perhaps you will regale me with the tale of this 'Mad King' while we ride? I have heard little about him." Atalanta flew down from atop Boudicca's head. Gliding on silent wings she circled Sylvi before returning to perch on Jayson's shoulder, nuzzling up against her trainer's head."Shall we continue down the path? I am quite eager to get to the castle."
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:28 PM   #135
Naruxami
Looking cool, Joker!
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 293
=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=

Inexperienced as you were in battles, you knew two things. One, was that you hated seeing your Pokemon get hurt in the way that they were. And two, that this Litwick most certainly had some sort of mean streak in it. Watching Eclair be licked at by the flames of fire and wince from her burn threw you back to all the times that you had burnt yourself while cooking over heat, but you had certainly never fought fire in the same way that Eclair was right now. Although the Litwick had seemingly never battled before, it certainly knew that it's opponent had some sort of poor disposition to fire. As the Astonish landed on Eclair, she fell to the ground --- causing the Litwick to give a happy giggle and move closer to the Mawile to loom over it as threateningly as a cute little candle could.

You had finally had enough, rummaging through your bag for a cute pink Pokeball. You let out a deep breath in anticipation, looking to capture you Mawile's attention you commanded her to Captivate her foe. It was a risky play, considering that the creature's gender hadn't yet been made clear. However, it seemed to fall for the bait. Making goo goo eyes are your Mawile and letting a small trail of candle wax drool drip from it's mouth. This was your shot. As you threw the ball with all your might, you squeezed your eyes shut. You couldn't watch, you were far too excited. Eclair kept her eyes on the pink ball, watching it spin through the air gracefully before hitting the Litwick on the head.

The creature spun quickly before being sucked up in a pale red light. Eclair watched in anticipation as the ball shook once... and then twice. It stopped for a second, causing her to prepare to attack whatever came out. It finally gave a pitiful weak shake, before the Heal Ball made a small locking sound. It was over, the Litwick was yours. Eclair cheered for you, looking at the now motionless ball on the ground.

The young girl then opened her big blue eyes, looking around from next to Athena. "W-where am I? Where's my mommy!" She cried out, tears forming in her eyes. Oh dear. It seems that she really was lead here by the ghost and was now seemingly lost. She looked around, panicked, taking a glance down at her dirty clothes. "Mama is gonna kill me!" She yelped.

Athena should probably get this gal home... what do you do?

(Congrats! You captured a Lv.10 Male Litwick)


=-------------------~Kawaii~-------------------=

The battle had gotten too much for Tengu, he was far too weak and frail to simply take on this threatening snake alone. Unfortunately, your strongest team member was Freighya --- and at this point in time you had deeply hoped to give your lesser team members some time in the spotlight. With an apologetic look to your Drowsee, you grabbed your Espeon's ball and sent her out in a flash of pale light. With a party of five, you felt much more confident. The Pokemon all lined up bravely, allowing Freighya to take in the situation in a better light. She gave a quick nod, moving alongside her teammates and preparing to strike. As she ran towards where the fighting was happening, she struck the Ekans that was holding Tengu in order to allow him to go free. It gave a low hiss, before charging at Freighya and clamping down on her body with it's powerful Bite. She hissed, responding with a vicious hit of Psychic. The snake grunted loudly, before being assaulted by a Psyshock from Baku directly after the blast of psychic. The snake gave one last hiss before falling onto the ground, knocked out thanks to the combined efforts of your Drowzee and Espeon.

You smirked triumphantly, that was one snake down two to go. Tengu made his way towards you, waddling as quickly as his tiny legs could carry him. Upon feeding him two of your rare candies, he felt a certain energy fuel him. Following your commands, he stayed put and began to harden his shell while standing in place. Meanwhile, DTM stood motionless, not being given commands by her trainer --- she had no idea how to act. She felt sluggish due to the speed drop that had been given by the Ekans, which slowly dashed towards her and Wrapped her up.

Oisin stood alone against the Arbok once again, he gave a low grunt. He was feeling exhausted and worn, this battle had taken a lot out of him. The Arbok on the other hand, loomed on threateningly. It looked much more well off than Oisin, and was prepared to strike him down if it needed to. Oisin gave another blast of Seed Bomb, which again, barely dented the Arbok. The Arbok brushed itself off nonchalantly, before ramming into the Deerling with a full force Slam. At this point, Oisin is looking as though he can barely stand on his own legs.

What do you do?


=-------------------~TheKnightsFury~-------------------=

The young woman who you assumed was a bard based strictly on appearances, gave a big smile. She signaled for her Rapidash to come towards them with a small wave towards the flaming horse, she hadn't had a traveling companion in quite some time. She thought he was quite charming, especially for a stranger to their court. Perhaps she would need to construct a song of this event at a later time, but for now she had agreed to escort the man to the castle. Her Rapidash gave a small pleasured neigh upon being called beautiful, causing her to chuckle as she hopped onto her mount.

"Don't toot her horn too much, she already has an inflated ego." The Rapidash gave an angry huff, turning her head rapidly and grunting at her master. She began to lead the horse to a slow canter, allowing Jayson to get on her right side. "You don't know the legend of the Mad King?" She asked, somewhat dumbfounded. "Do outsiders no longer talk of it..?" Her and Jayson continued down the path, heaving the loud hoofstomps of Rapidash and Boudicca. The castle seemed to be growing in the distance, allowing Jayson to observe the wreckage and decay of the once extravagant towers. Sylvi clutched her harp in her left arm, gazing towards the castle. It was clear she was afraid of the castle, as well as the legend... but why.

"The Mad King was a great king... once" She began. "He was gracious, kind, and giving to all of his people. But then one day he just... changed. No one really knows what it was, but eventually his envy finally consumed him and the terrible..." She stopped. "The terrible thing happened..." She said, her voice barely audible. Their horses had suddenly stopped, appearing at the once lavish castle gates, now decayed and discolored with age. She looked up at the doors and then back at Jayson, her eyes looked sad with worry.

"Are you sure you want to go in there..? Most people that do never come back..." Sylvi spoke softly, her voice shaking in fear. Do you heed Slyvi's warnings, or continue into the realm of madness? What do you do?
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #136
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Halloweentown
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=

Inexperienced as you were in battles, you knew two things. One, was that you hated seeing your Pokemon get hurt in the way that they were. And two, that this Litwick most certainly had some sort of mean streak in it. Watching Eclair be licked at by the flames of fire and wince from her burn threw you back to all the times that you had burnt yourself while cooking over heat, but you had certainly never fought fire in the same way that Eclair was right now. Although the Litwick had seemingly never battled before, it certainly knew that it's opponent had some sort of poor disposition to fire. As the Astonish landed on Eclair, she fell to the ground --- causing the Litwick to give a happy giggle and move closer to the Mawile to loom over it as threateningly as a cute little candle could.

You had finally had enough, rummaging through your bag for a cute pink Pokeball. You let out a deep breath in anticipation, looking to capture you Mawile's attention you commanded her to Captivate her foe. It was a risky play, considering that the creature's gender hadn't yet been made clear. However, it seemed to fall for the bait. Making goo goo eyes are your Mawile and letting a small trail of candle wax drool drip from it's mouth. This was your shot. As you threw the ball with all your might, you squeezed your eyes shut. You couldn't watch, you were far too excited. Eclair kept her eyes on the pink ball, watching it spin through the air gracefully before hitting the Litwick on the head.

The creature spun quickly before being sucked up in a pale red light. Eclair watched in anticipation as the ball shook once... and then twice. It stopped for a second, causing her to prepare to attack whatever came out. It finally gave a pitiful weak shake, before the Heal Ball made a small locking sound. It was over, the Litwick was yours. Eclair cheered for you, looking at the now motionless ball on the ground.

The young girl then opened her big blue eyes, looking around from next to Athena. "W-where am I? Where's my mommy!" She cried out, tears forming in her eyes. Oh dear. It seems that she really was lead here by the ghost and was now seemingly lost. She looked around, panicked, taking a glance down at her dirty clothes. "Mama is gonna kill me!" She yelped.

Athena should probably get this gal home... what do you do?

(Congrats! You captured a Lv.10 Male Litwick)


The Heal Ball landed firmly on the entranced Ghost Pokemon's head, and Eclair watched as it was swallowed up into the device. Athena opened an eye to peek, just in time to see the ball stop moving and hear a satisfying 'click'.

"Mawa~i!" Eclair cheered, throwing her arms up in the air. The fire around her fizzled out, allowing her to bend down and safely pick up the Pokeball. She loyally handed it to her trainer, who was standing with her mouth open in chalk. Athena took the ball and looked over it in awe. Her first successful catch, and she had saved a life in the process of it. Eclair sat down and relaxed, nursing her burn by running over it with a hand.

The little girl suddenly stirred in Athena's arms. She opened her eyes and looked at the trainer holding her. Not wanting to scare her, Athena gave the girl a soft smile. Despite this the girl still started to cry.

"Hey hey its ok..." Athena comforted. She lifted the girl to the ground, stabilizing her in case she stumbled. The little one noticed her ruined clothes, and Athena knelt to dust them off a bit to make any sort of difference. "My name is Athena, and I'm gonna help you ok? I want you to talk to someone first though."

She tossed the ball in her hand lightly, letting it strike against the ground and open up. Litwick appeared, looking around in surprise. He spotted Eclair and immediately ducked behind Athena, sticking a spectral tongue at her. Eclair lifted the mouth on the back of her head and it let out a hiss. Litwick squeaked. Athena gently picked him up and presented him to the little girl.

"This is...Palmier," She quickly came up with the name. The small Pokemon reminded her of the buttery cookies she liked to make for her younger brothers. "He wants to say that he's very sorry for scaring you, and that he hopes your ok. Right, Palmier?" She gave a stern look to her new Pokemon, who looked back sheepishly. With some protest, Athena moved one of his little hands out towards the girl, and encouraged the two to shake.

"Palmier and I want to help you get back home to your Mama okay? Can you tell us where you live?" The trainer smiled. Though this Litwick had just tried to drain the life out of this girl, she hoped she would understand that he wouldn't harm her anymore.

(Claming Palmier the Litwick in a Heal Ball! Declaring his ability to be Flame Body. Thank you I love him!)
__________________




Last edited by morningstar; 09-14-2017 at 03:03 PM.
morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:01 AM   #137
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=-------------------~TheKnightsFury~-------------------=

The young woman who you assumed was a bard based strictly on appearances, gave a big smile. She signaled for her Rapidash to come towards them with a small wave towards the flaming horse, she hadn't had a traveling companion in quite some time. She thought he was quite charming, especially for a stranger to their court. Perhaps she would need to construct a song of this event at a later time, but for now she had agreed to escort the man to the castle. Her Rapidash gave a small pleasured neigh upon being called beautiful, causing her to chuckle as she hopped onto her mount.

"Don't toot her horn too much, she already has an inflated ego." The Rapidash gave an angry huff, turning her head rapidly and grunting at her master. She began to lead the horse to a slow canter, allowing Jayson to get on her right side. "You don't know the legend of the Mad King?" She asked, somewhat dumbfounded. "Do outsiders no longer talk of it..?" Her and Jayson continued down the path, heaving the loud hoofstomps of Rapidash and Boudicca. The castle seemed to be growing in the distance, allowing Jayson to observe the wreckage and decay of the once extravagant towers. Sylvi clutched her harp in her left arm, gazing towards the castle. It was clear she was afraid of the castle, as well as the legend... but why.

"The Mad King was a great king... once" She began. "He was gracious, kind, and giving to all of his people. But then one day he just... changed. No one really knows what it was, but eventually his envy finally consumed him and the terrible..." She stopped. "The terrible thing happened..." She said, her voice barely audible. Their horses had suddenly stopped, appearing at the once lavish castle gates, now decayed and discolored with age. She looked up at the doors and then back at Jayson, her eyes looked sad with worry.

"Are you sure you want to go in there..? Most people that do never come back..." Sylvi spoke softly, her voice shaking in fear. Do you heed Slyvi's warnings, or continue into the realm of madness? What do you do?
As they rode along the trail together, Sylvi treated Jayson to a quick summary of the Mad King's story. Apparently once he was a kind and generous ruler but like so many others he was consumed by envy. She also mentioned that something terrible had happened, but for some reason she decided not to delve deeper into the tale. Jayson would let it be for now but he would pry her for more depth later, he was interested to hear how the tale concluded. Did the king die? How did he die? What terrible acts did he commit? Did anyone stand against him? Jayson's curiosity was peaking, perhaps he would find answers within the castle itself.

"Of course I'm sure I want to go in there", Jayson chuckled, surely Sylvi had more courage than this."Tell me Sylvi, have you ever heard tale of a hero who turned back before he even opened the door?" Still laughing to himself, Jayson slid down off of Boudicca's back, Atalanta remained perched on his shoulder. Making his way over to the large oak gates that barred his entry to the castle, Jayson began to push. The gate groaned as he tried to open it, the hinges were certainly rusted over."Boudicca, give me a hand would you?" The Mudsdale gave a short whinny, tossing her head as she approached the gate. Boudicca made it seem effortless, her staggering bulk made quick work of the gates, causing them to swing open, providing them access to the castle.

Jayson turned to look at Sylvi and her Rapidash, the woman was clearly worried."Will you join us Sylvi? I promise my Pokemon and myself are more than capable of protecting you. Jayson redrew his sword from its sheathe, he wasn't worried, just precautious."Atalanta do a quick sweep of the grounds, return immediately if you find something or someone of interest.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:25 AM   #138
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,309
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Gemini Spark- When Emily expresses the need for the fence to be mended, you quickly jump to her aid with a swift solution. Instructing the two senior reptilian Pokemon, Wendy and Amethyst make their way over to the fence. Using their superior strength they manage to bend the splintered bars back into place, the metal groans as it is reluctantly manipulated. Once the splintered pieces are lined up, everyone stands clear as Wendy and Amethyst open the maws, spewing forth torrents of flame that heat the metal to a glowing red. As they snap their jaws shut the bars seem to have welded back together, hopefully it would be strong enough to prevent the Seismitoads from getting out again.

"Thanks again Hyrem, it would have taken me all day if I had to fix that on my own." Emily finds herself surrounded by the rest of your Pokemon, who are all eager to meet the Palpitoad she holds in her arms."Oh you lot are super friendly! Ginny hear is quite timid though, so go easy on her", Emily places the Palpitoad on the ground so that it can interact with the other Pokemon."For some reason Ginny's evolution has been delayed for quite some time. I've been trying to get her strong enough to get there but nothing seems to work unfortunately. Wait here, I will go grab something for you as a thank you." Emily races off, the soft marshy ground squelching beneath her boots as she races towards a farmhouse built on a drier section of the farm.

It doesn't take long for her to return, a large sack hangs over her shoulder and a note rests in her hand. She tips the contents of the sack onto the ground, revealing a collection of fresh berries and some baked goods."This should more than make up for the food you sacrificed to help me out, dig in."While your Pokemon made their way towards the pile of food, Emily gives the note in her hand a wave."My parents have gone into the city, I can't believe they're going to go meet with them again." You can see that Emily is clearly displeased with her parents absence."You see the reason we farm these Seismitoads is that twice a year they shed their membranes, which we then collect. We then use the membranes to make drums, it might sound simple but the quality is outstanding and in high demand. We have a lot of big clients that pay a lot of money for our instruments. My parents were approached by a company the other day who were eager to buy us out, they were offering big money as well. This place has too much sentimental value for us though, we have been here for generations, so my parents rejected the offer." Emily scrunched the note up in her hand before tossing it to the ground."Since they rejected the offer, things have been going downhill. First our post recent shipment got hijacked on route to town, that has never happened before. Now we have had the fence sabotage twice and almost lost all of our Seismitoads. I think my mum and dad are actually starting to consider the offer, but I think that the company has something to do with everything that is happening. I just don't know how to go about proving it!" Emily looks over to Ginny, the Palpitoad has finally started to warm up to your Pokemon and is currently nuzzling up against Henrietta. The girl wiped a tear from her eye, she was clearly in need of help.
Wendy and Amethyst proved to be plenty of power as far as mending a metal fence was concerned, and Emily seemed pretty grateful for it. "Thanks again Hyrem, it would have taken me all day if I had to fix that on my own."
"No problem!" he replied, now with his Seviper and Salamence as he was rubbing their faces, eliciting hisses and purrs of pleasure. Meanwhile, the other, younger Pokemon had now crowded around Emily and her Palpitoad, wanting to make friends with the Water-type. "Oh you lot are super friendly! Ginny hear is quite timid though, so go easy on her," cautioned Emily as she set her Pokemon down so the others could play with her. "For some reason Ginny's evolution has been delayed for quite some time," she explained to Hyrem. "I've been trying to get her strong enough to get there but nothing seems to work unfortunately. Wait here, I will go grab something for you as a thank you."

It wasn't long before she came back with a bag of what smelled like delicious goodies, specifically revealed to be various berries and baked goods, which the Pokemon all rushed towards with drool dripping down from their expectant mouths. "This should more than make up for the food you sacrificed to help me out, dig in." Wendy needed no further invitation, she slurped up a dragon-sized mouthful for herself to chew on before swallowing down, the three snakes picked out individual baked goods they could fit into their mouths before engulfing each of their treats one by one, and Nissa and Henrietta both took what they could grab in their arms before running off to their own places to keep the other reptiles as well as the Seismitoad from stealing their food, Nissa favoring the berries more than Henrietta. All were quite satisfied with their meal despite there being a distinct lack of meat.

"Thanks for feeding my Pokemon, Emily, though I hope you brought enough for Wendy!" Hyrem chuckled, observing his Salamence scooping up another assortment of treats into her maw. His attention then shifted toward the note he noticed Emily holding. "What's that?" he asked.
She shook the note in displeasure. "My parents have gone into the city, I can't believe they're going to go meet with them again."
"Them? What do you mean?"
"You see the reason we farm these Seismitoads is that twice a year they shed their membranes, which we then collect. We then use the membranes to make drums, it might sound simple but the quality is outstanding and in high demand. We have a lot of big clients that pay a lot of money for our instruments. My parents were approached by a company the other day who were eager to buy us out, they were offering big money as well. This place has too much sentimental value for us though, we have been here for generations, so my parents rejected the offer."

"I think I see where this is going..." said Hyrem.
Emily's fist clenched, crumpling up the note it held before it threw the note against the drier part of the dirt floor. "Since they rejected the offer, things have been going downhill. First our most recent shipment got hijacked on route to town, that has never happened before. Now we have had the fence sabotaged twice and almost lost all of our Seismitoads. I think my mum and dad are actually starting to consider the offer, but I think that the company has something to do with everything that is happening. I just don't know how to go about proving it!" She took a glance over at Ginny, who Henrietta had finally made friends with as the frogs were nuzzling each other, before wiping a tear from her eye.

Seeing this display of turmoil, Hyrem desperately tried thinking of as many ideas as he could and saying them out loud as soon as he thought of them: "Well, is there anyone around who might've seen something strange happen here? Any helpers who noticed stuff while working here? Maybe we can take a closer look at where the fence was broke and figure out what did it? Maybe whoever's behind this is going to try again tonight, and we should keep watch for them? I dunno...I agree with you, though, something's definitely going on, and I want to help you find out!"
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:03 PM   #139
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,918
Medmana- Deciding that Louise's Sweet Scent would be ineffective in this setting, you conclude that the Mawile would need assistance in tracking down the Herdier. Selecting a Pokeball from your bag, you bring out Elen the Inkay to assist you in the pursuit. Upon instruction the Inkay quickly fades from sight, making use of its cephalopod traits to camouflage into her surroundings. You head down the alley the Herdier fled through, hoping to pick up on its trail. Unfortunately there was no sign of the canine, it had disappeared into the crowds of people that filled the street. You push your way through the crowd, looking for any sign of the Normal type but to no avail. Elen is also unsuccessful, she floats above the crowd for a better view but fails to locate the renegade Herdier.

You continue to search hopelessly for the Herdier and your stolen wallet, eventually you reach the end of the street and the low lit shop that stood there. A rusty old sign groaned as it rocked back and forth, the faded words read, "Freya's Fortunes". A veil of beads hung in the door, they gently parted as an invisible entity entered the shop. For some reason Elen had chosen to head into the store, you had the option to call her back but perhaps the Inkay was onto something?

"Come in young one", a haunting voice flows from within the store,"what you seek isn't here but perhaps we can find the path that you must follow."


Gemini Spark- After hearing Emily's small rant about her parents and the situation they were facing, you agree that something was certainly off. Firstly you ask whether than is anyone around that would have seen anything out of the ordinary, to which Emily shakes her head."Nope, we pretty much do all the work ourselves, the only outside assistance we get is from a delivery company that transports our wares into town." With that proving to be somewhat of a dead end, you suggest you inspect the fence in hopes of determining how it was broken and perhaps even finding a clue."That's a good idea actually, I hadn't had a chance to check it out, kind of just raced off after the Seismitoads."

Emily and yourself walk over to the recently mended fence, hoping to find some sign of foul play. Henrietta and Nissa joined you, the two scrambled up the fence and sat atop it for a bird's eye view. The Treecko looked around the Seismitoad enclosure while the Froakie scanned the surrounding swamp, her eyes eventually caught sight of something out of place. Jumping into a nearby tree, the Froakie climbed down to a low hanging branch and retrieved a small piece of fabric that clung to the branch. Bouncing back up over the fence, Henrietta hands the piece of fabric to you. The fabric was black with a green S embroidered on it.

"Hey give me a look at that", Emily takes a quick look at the fabric and recognises the symbol."That symbol is used by a local biker gang, The Swampgator's. They have a small clubhouse on the outskirts of swamp, close to town. There is no reason they should have been hanging around here, do you think they could be involved? We could go hit up their clubhouse and see what they know, what do you think?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #140
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=-------------------~Patches~-------------------=

Kiku was never one for thinking, usually just one for action --- and today was certainly no different. Kiku had rushed into that foreboding darkness in that mystery doorway ahead of you, caution to the wind as he sprinted into the dark. You knew there was no possible way he could see in there, but you also had to wonder how he was able to simply wander in so blissfully with that disgusting smell hanging in the air above all of you. You glanced at Mio, the Pikachu was staring up the ladder that they had used to get into the depths. It was fairly obvious that her intention was to get back up to where they had come from, and maybe you should've listened to her... but it was too late now. Mio lets out a sigh at Kiku's adventurous nature, running towards her trainer and using a blinding flash to illuminate the cave ahead of them. The two then wandered into the cave, the light from Mio's cheeks their only way of seeing.


The caves seemed oddly expansive for just being a mere hallway, it actually seemed like it could continue forever. The walls were drab and made of dirt and mud that had long since solidified into a solid wall, so that these tunnels would not collapse on anyone that decided to venture within. As you rounded a corner, you were greeted by something that you didn't exactly expect to see --- a human skeleton pinned to one of the walls. Almost as though it had been purposely placed there for someone to find. Mio gave a loud cry, running back the direction you came. Without your light, you realised it was probably best to follow. As you ran after her quickly, you noticed she came to a halt at a wall. She faced you, her eyes swelling up in a mix of panic and fear. It seems the door you came through has been sealed back up, leaving you in this messy maze of bones. You glanced around, although it was a little scary being trapped in here, it was fascinating. A brand new area to explore, filled to the brim with all sorts of bones. Maybe you could find some other interesting souvenirs down here too! The thought filled you with hope... however, your first priority should really be finding Kiku.

You and Mio slowly backtrack towards the skeleton you had found, noticing that from the skeleton there seemed to be two distinct paths. One to it's right, and the other to it's left. You had to wonder which way your precious Eevee had gone, and you decided that it might be best to think a bit before deciding where to go. You glanced towards the floor, hoping to see pawprints in the dirt. Unfortunately, you see nothing that would give you the slightest inkling as to where Kiku was. You sigh, listening intently for some sort of sound. From the right, you hear what sounds like chains rattling... and from the left you hear what sounds like drab moans and crying.

Kiku has to be down one of these paths... the question is which. What do you do?

[Upon your request, your adventure has shifted into the catacombs. From this point forward, please reply in darkmagenta.]
“Mio! Wait!” Patches was chasing after the little Pikachu in order to not get left behind in the dark. “Chuuu…” They reached the entrance from which they came only to discover that the opening that was once there, was no more. “Mio, we can’t just leave without Kiku, even the wall agrees with us. That’s why it's keeping us in here. Besides, I’m sure that none of these are real bones. I mean, there was a festival down here at one point and isn’t Halloween next month? Maybe that was the theme! Now the pumpkin makes sense.” She pats the bag containing the pumpkin that she currently has draped over her shoulder. “Well, maybe we can take some of these bones with us too.” She reaches down to pick one up but Mio gently zaps her hand away with some weak electricity. “Hey, Mio! That wasn’t very nice!” Patches is now rubbing her hand where it had been shocked. “Fine, I get it. There are probably better bones elsewhere so we should keep looking, but first, we need to find Kiku!”

The two of them begin to make their way back toward the skeleton that had startled Mio earlier. Mio was not happy with this situation and was even more annoyed that this was all Kiku’s fault and who knows if they will manage to find him again at this rate. Once they finally reach the skeleton they both notice something that they hadn’t noticed before, there were two paths that split to the left and right. “Oh, this isn’t good… Which way do we go? Hmm…” They listened to the sounds coming from each direction and Mio was becoming tense since both ways didn’t sound very appealing. In fact, it was more like the opposite. “Well that way sounds like someone is probably cleaning up.” She points to the right where Mio could clearly tell that it was the sound of creepy chains but not Patches. “So, I think we should go to the left because it sounds like someone is upset and crying. Normally, I would offer to help with the clean-up but our first priority is to find Kiku and for some reason, whenever there is someone crying, there is a good chance he’s around…” That was one moment of logic out of Patches that Mio could agree with. Except, Mio knew the reason that was true quite well, Kiku was usually around when someone is crying because he’s usually the one who caused them to cry in the first place. However, she didn’t feel that was the case this time, she felt uneasy about both directions and wasn’t sure that Kiku would be around either way, but they had no choice. She reluctantly began to guide Patches down the path to the left with the light she was providing.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:12 PM   #141
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- Deciding that Louise's Sweet Scent would be ineffective in this setting, you conclude that the Mawile would need assistance in tracking down the Herdier. Selecting a Pokeball from your bag, you bring out Elen the Inkay to assist you in the pursuit. Upon instruction the Inkay quickly fades from sight, making use of its cephalopod traits to camouflage into her surroundings. You head down the alley the Herdier fled through, hoping to pick up on its trail. Unfortunately there was no sign of the canine, it had disappeared into the crowds of people that filled the street. You push your way through the crowd, looking for any sign of the Normal type but to no avail. Elen is also unsuccessful, she floats above the crowd for a better view but fails to locate the renegade Herdier.

You continue to search hopelessly for the Herdier and your stolen wallet, eventually you reach the end of the street and the low lit shop that stood there. A rusty old sign groaned as it rocked back and forth, the faded words read, "Freya's Fortunes". A veil of beads hung in the door, they gently parted as an invisible entity entered the shop. For some reason Elen had chosen to head into the store, you had the option to call her back but perhaps the Inkay was onto something?

"Come in young one", a haunting voice flows from within the store,"what you seek isn't here but perhaps we can find the path that you must follow."
The city was quite the crowded place, for sure. Quite a few people yelled and swore up and down when either Louise or Chroma pushed past them, and asked what that wind was as Elenchos wove his way past their heads... But none of this was of any interest to any of the trio. There was a dog to catch and they needed to reclaim their cash- without that, none of the various shops that lined the streets would do them any good at all!

Unfortunately, the herdier's familiarity with the area and generally being more used to the urban environment meant it had an immensely easy time evading all three of its pursuers at once- and one of them even had a bird's-eye view! It didn't take any of them long to realize that their quarry had escaped, but Louise in particular wasn't about to give up quit yet- she had found a non-sweet variety of doughnut for the first time in her life, and was not about to let such an opportunity allude her now!

That wasn't to say that the other two had given up the chase, however- rather, they came to convene at one shop in particular. "This place certainly feels mystical..." Chroma said as she approached the bead-shrouded gateway. A shift in the curtains let her know that she wasn't the only one drawn to the place, and she couldn't help but chuckle a little at the invitation. Most ordinary people would've been a little freaked out by the seemingly dissembodied voice, but most people didn't grow up around such paranormal phenomena in the first place. "Ah, but I still found something I've desired, it seems," she responded as she brushed past the beads herself. "Though the matter you speak of is quite the pressing issue. I'll graciously accept your offer of assistance." Although Elen hadn't made himself visible again, she could feel the inkay hover to her side. What was it that he was interested in?

'Alright, this wasn't funny before, and it sure ain't funny now!' Louise declared as she kicked a can out of her way. The separated mawile was certainly getting quite annoyed with their canine friend at this point...
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:28 AM   #142
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,918
Medmana- Fate seemed to steer you in the right direction, while you couldn't find the hoodlum Herdier, you did manage to find something else you were looking for. The mystic arts weren't a strange concept to you, whether this fortune teller truly had a gift or was looking to exploit you was unknown. However this mystically Freya seemed to glimpse that you were in search of something, perhaps she could provide you with the lead you needed? Eager to suss things out you head inside, following Elen through the bead shroud and into a dark room, lit only by a few candles that did little to illuminate the room. The woman sits at a large round table, a lace hood rests over her head, long blonde hair flows down over her shoulders. She gestures for you to take a seat opposite her, which you hastily take. The two of you sit in silence for a moment, Elen drops his camouflage to come into view, not that it is a surprise to Freya.

You hear a rattling sound as the fortune teller produces a large satin bag, placing it between you she pulls the drawstring to reveal a small pile of bones. She then places both hands palm up above the bag, you wait a moment before realizing she wants you to do the same. As soon as you put your hands above the bones, the woman produces a needle from her sleeve, quickly pricking the middle finger on each of your hands. You go to recoil but Freya wraps her hands around your wrists, holding your hands still as droplets of blood drip down onto the bones. Suddenly the bones begin to glow with a faint cyan colour, as they do the fortune teller releases her grip of you, allowing you to pull back your hands. With a swift and practiced motion she scoops up the bag, muttering shallow yet ominous words before flipping the bag over, tipping its contents onto the table in front of her.

You sit in silence as Freya scans over the bones, they still glowed faintly and seemed to illuminate as she moved her hands over them. After what seemed like an eternity, Freya finally breaks her silence."The finger bones of an ancient Druddigon, carved by the first people to settle in this area. They require strength and guidance but they can give you a glimpse of what is yet to occur." Freya motions to the first gathering of bones, a larger bone sits on top of a clutch of smaller bones."See how the larger one sits over the others, that symbolizes the leader, but I don't think it is about you. No, I think you seek the leader." She then points to two more bones, both of an average size."A holy symbol, the cross suggests that you might find what you are looking for in a church. However, there are many churches and places of religious importance in this city, narrowing it down will be difficult. Finally the last pile of bones appears to be in the shape of a W."Ahhh this might help", murmurs Freya,"you might struggle to see it but this is actually a bird. We are coming into winter and birds fly south for the winter, I think you will find what you are after in the south of the city. Most of the churches are in the north of the city, only one lies in the south and it has been abandoned for over a decade. I think that is where you should go. Before you leave young one, is there anything you wish to ask of me?"

__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:54 PM   #143
Naruxami
Looking cool, Joker!
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 293
=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=
Your first capture, a surely momentous occasion for you and Eclair alike. Eclair approached the small pink ball, picking it up and dutifully handing it to you. You were in awe, this officially marked your first true milestone as a trainer. Although the little creature was a little... aggressive. I mean, it had tried to kill a little girl by chomping down her life force. But it was still very cute, and the best part was --- it was yours, and the girl was of course safe. As your stared at the pink Pokeball that Eclair had handed you, you felt the girl begin to stir in your arms. You looked down, seeing her shocked expression as she noticed a stranger.

Although you tried to make the girl feel calm, she begin to bawl loudly. You were unsure if she was more upset by the fact that she was scared and alone with you, a stranger; or, if she was mad that her clothes had been ruined. She shook as you introduced yourself, her small body shaking with every muffled sob and whimper that protruded from her mouth. She nodded rapidly as you spoke about trying to help her, a smile forming before her lips slowly contorted into a small squiggled frown upon seeing your new friend.

"P-p-palmier is a p-p-pretty name..." She shook as more tears streamed down her face, it was obvious she was quite afraid of the small candle. You had to wonder how much the girl remembered before the candle started snacking on her life. "T-t-the pretty c-c-candle made me feel funny..." She looks up at you, confused. "I remember touching it... and t-t-then I remember waking up in your arms, M-miss A-phee-na." You giggled hearing the young girl struggle with you name, you had to wonder how old she actually was.

"I live..." She looked around, glancing towards the large hole in front of her, and then backwards towards a large mausoleum. "O-over there... past grandpa's home." She pointed towards the mausoleum, she suddenly seemed to have a realization. "I came to visit grandpa! But the cute melty thing was floating near him, it was too pretty to ignore..." She glanced towards the mausoleum again, "I was ah-pposed to read him a story... mama says it helps him rest..."

It seems the girl came to visit her grandpa, she wants to read him a story... but it's late --- maybe you should just get her home? What do you do?

=-------------------~TheKnightsFury~-------------------=

Sylvi stared down the large door, glancing at you as you began to speak to her. She chuckled to herself hearing you speak of a hero turning his back before he even began his true quest, she flashed you a smile --- her green eyes sparkling in the light. "I suppose you're right... no hero is truly that cowardly." She still seemed uneasy, but hearing you speak so lightly about your adventure seemed to calm her mind slightly. She glanced forwards as Boudicca kicked the doors open with ease, she felt a foreboding presence resonating from the castle... she hated it here. She had been here countless times, what business did an outsider have here? He seemed to not be fully aware of the mad king, but perhaps it was just a facade..? She couldn't be sure, but part of her wanted to keep an eye on him.

Hearing him offer his protection made her raise her eyebrows, he sure looked capable... but she wasn't sure if that was a good thing. The madness always affected people like him, and she wasn't sure if he would be able to handle the depths of the castle. She flashed a smile, stepping off her Rapidash. He had sent his Dartrix to investigate, and she returned at a rather brisk pace. She dropped a map of the castle in Jason's arms, allowing him to know where to go.

"Well... I suppose I have nothing else to do. But you don't have to worry much, I'm only afraid of the madness. I have my own means of defense." She gave a coy smile, gesturing towards the map. "Which part of the castle do you want to go to first?"

You heard the lady, where do you wanna go first? What do you do?


=-------------------~Patches~-------------------=

Your Pikachu sighed, sometimes his trainer was a little too naive... but why ruin your master's fun? She was right, and Mio knew it. Leaving without a teammate was a poor choice, who knew what would happen in such a dark and dreary place. Although you seemed oblivious to the stench of the death are you, Mio knew all too well that these were not mere decorations. Mio watched as you extended your hand to pick up one of the "fake" bones to take back with you --- she gave a sharp intake of breath and shocked your hand away.

You found Mio to be especially rude today, she could've just gestured to a better pile of bones! Besides, you already had a pumpkin --- bones would be perfect for your own Halloween display! You sighed, walking back towards the skeleton that had caused you to flee. You noticed that it marked a crossroads in the underground, branching off to two paths only illuminated by Mio's flash. The right sounded like someone was cleaning something, or at least that's what you assumed. You must have missed the festival, again. Normally, you'd want to help in the effort... but your Pokemon took priority. You turned on your heels and went down the left path, which you were positive that you heard moaning and sobbing down. As your Pikachu lead the way, you could hear the moaning getting louder. You rounded another corner, only to see the back of someone in pure white robes. Whoever it was, looked very upset. Hunched over, letting out those awful wails and sobs. They were slowly placing a skull on top of the various bones lining the corridors, through Mio's light, you could see that the skull had some sort of spongy red substance on it. Maybe it was jelly from the party sandwiches? Now you really wished you hadn't missed it.

Mio immediately felt a chill shoot down her spine, there was clearly something wrong here... and was that blood dripping from the skull? You guys really needed to get out of here, maybe there was some way to convince her trainer to leave this area. Mio silently tugged on you pants, pointing to the hunched over figure in an attempt to warn you of the blood. What do you do?
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:32 AM   #144
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=-------------------~TheKnightsFury~-------------------=

Sylvi stared down the large door, glancing at you as you began to speak to her. She chuckled to herself hearing you speak of a hero turning his back before he even began his true quest, she flashed you a smile --- her green eyes sparkling in the light. "I suppose you're right... no hero is truly that cowardly." She still seemed uneasy, but hearing you speak so lightly about your adventure seemed to calm her mind slightly. She glanced forwards as Boudicca kicked the doors open with ease, she felt a foreboding presence resonating from the castle... she hated it here. She had been here countless times, what business did an outsider have here? He seemed to not be fully aware of the mad king, but perhaps it was just a facade..? She couldn't be sure, but part of her wanted to keep an eye on him.

Hearing him offer his protection made her raise her eyebrows, he sure looked capable... but she wasn't sure if that was a good thing. The madness always affected people like him, and she wasn't sure if he would be able to handle the depths of the castle. She flashed a smile, stepping off her Rapidash. He had sent his Dartrix to investigate, and she returned at a rather brisk pace. She dropped a map of the castle in Jason's arms, allowing him to know where to go.

"Well... I suppose I have nothing else to do. But you don't have to worry much, I'm only afraid of the madness. I have my own means of defense." She gave a coy smile, gesturing towards the map. "Which part of the castle do you want to go to first?"

You heard the lady, where do you wanna go first? What do you do?
Jayson could sense that Sylvi was starting to come to grips with the idea of exploring the castle, even if it meant risking a descent into madness. Atalanta was quick to return, the Dartrix had managed to find a map of the castle. The would be knight pondered for a moment, curious as to wear Atalanta had found the map. It didn't seem like something that would be readily left lying around, but perhaps he was just underestimating Atalanta's scouting skills. Either way he now had the ability to head to whatever area peaked his interest. Jayson grinned as Sylvi stated she was capable of defending herself, a lady capable of defending herself was always impressive. Unrolling the map, Jayson scan the rough outline of the castle, paying attention to the faded labels. The throne room was easy to locate, but he was eager to head there yet. The stables, the kitchens and then finally something that peaked his interests.

"Ahh, here we are", Jayson pointed to a spot on the map, "the training yard" Jayson was certain that if there were still people getting around in here there would be signs in the training yard. If there weren't signs of people there would surely be signs of Pokemon, perhaps some that were looking to get stronger. He had been on the road for quite some time and he was itching for a good fight. He could feel his heart start to race at the thought of it, or maybe it was some madness setting in? Either way he was excited to get to the training yard and see what was waiting for him."Lead the way Atalanta!", he then unclipped a Pokeball from his belt and tossed it out in front of himself, revealing a large Skorupi."Though you would like to have some fun as well Trieu", the Skorupi chattered happily, "let's follow Atalanta."Jayson broke into a quick stride, Boudicca trotting along behind him as they lead Sylvi and her Rapidash to their destination.
__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 10-14-2017 at 01:25 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:09 PM   #145
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- Realizing your mistake, you decide it best to prove yourself useful to the knight, after all, your research stood to benefit from this venture. As your Pokemon showed their support, you offer your 'expertise' and question as to where you would start the search.

"First we see if this Riolu can actually find the Decidueye's aura", Sir Bryant glared at the Riolu, "well Riolu? Have you found the aura?" The Riolu nods sheepishly before handing the arrow back to the knight who places it in a small bag attached to his hip."What are you waiting for then? Lead the way." The Riolu trembles a little before darting ahead, following the traces of the Decidueye's aura."Follow closely professor", adds Sir Bryant as he jogs off in pursuit of the Riolu, his Metagross levitating off the ground behind him.

Following the Riolu and the knight, you weave through the graveyard in hopes of tracking down the rogue Decidueye. The Riolu has to stop on occasion to find the aura once more, much to the displeasure of Sir Bryant who continues to berate the young fighting type with his harsh tone. Eventually the Riolu leads you into a dead end, mausoleums run down each side of the path while a larger, older mausoleum blocks of the end of it. Suddenly the hair on the back of your neck starts to stand on end, something wasn't right. The Riolu senses something is off as well and quickly retreats, rushing behind the Metagross. You wear the scrape of steel on steel as Sir Bryant draws his sword from its sheathe, pulling it across his body just in time to meet at arrow fired straight for his chest. "Get down!"

You and your Pokemon scatter to hide behind a nearby mausoleum, the Riolu rushes out from behind Metagross to hide with you. Sir Bryant stands at the ready, his Metagross lets out a groan as it is struck in the leg by one of the arrows. Thankfully it bounces off of its iron hide, but that didn't stop the hit from hurting."Show yourself fiend", Sir Bryant issues challenge to your ambusher, attempting to call it from the shadows. To your surprise the Decidueye actually answers the call, gliding down from atop the mausoleum at the end of the path. The owl had its hood pulled up over its head, its bow like wing raised and ready to fire. Looking closely you notice its eyes are glowing with a dark red energy, something about it didn't seem right. The owl lets out a shrill cry, perhaps in an attempt to intimidate? The real intent of the cry becomes clear as suddenly two more Pokemon appear. A bipedal crocodile Pokemon with tanned skin and dark markings rushed to the Decidueye's side, joined by a bone wielding Pokemon with a skull covering its head. The Decidueye had called for allies, both of which had eyes glowing with dark red energy, akin to the Decidueye.

"A Krokorok and a Marowak, it seems the Decidueye hasn't been working alone!" Despite this development, Sir Bryant doesn't seem to shirk away."Professor can your Pokemon fight? I am a little outnumbered and your assistance would be much appreciated. Leave the Decidueye to me, just keep its comrades occupied." It seems Sir Bryant was now in need of your assistance, but were you capable of handling these Pokemon?
[/COLOR]
Well that's a little rude...

Far from Rorik to ever question the training methods of a giant with a zweihander and full suit of armour, but nothing could stop him from silently reprimanding him in his thoughts. Which, admittedly, amounted to pretty much nothing in terms of end result, but still.
Riolu tried its best to lead the party through the Black Bayou as best it could, attempting to sense the aura of the ghostly sniper while Sir Braynt barked words of... "encouragement". And after a while, it seemed the search bore fruits! Fruits in the shape of arrows.

It didn't take formal military training for Rorik, Munchlax and Staryu to find cover behind a nearby mausoleum - just a fairly healthy survival instinct. Curiously though, the aura scout hurried to join them in their hideout rather than the man best equipped to handle the crisis... Indeed, unfazed by the turn of events, Sir Bryant pressed onwards, flanked by his trusty Metagross, and prepared to face the Decidueye who'd finally revealed itself.

Good for him, thought Rorik, maybe this means we all get to go home early.
After all, what chance did a sniper owl have against a human knight and a Metagross? Rorik had witnessed what a Metagross could do during the televised battles of Levin Sanders versus the Heimlan Elite Four, and even though the legendary Zion was known to be capable of Mega Evolving, Levin hadn't had the need to resort to it a single time during his ascension towards the Champion.

But as it turned out, Decidueye had companions of his own, and their type affinities clearly did not benefit the psychic machine. Rorik realized this at the same as Sir Bryant, apparently, who qucikly requested the Professor's backup in the ensuing fight, much to his dismay.

But I only came to do some research... why me?!

Fortunately, the Heimlan's companions were much more keen on the idea of battling, or at least understood the inevitability of the confrontation. Immediately, Staryu and Munchlax jumped from cover and stood up to the Marowak and Krokorok with fierce determination, much like they'd done with the earlier pack of feral Rattata.

Only, these two thugs are very far from a couple of rats...

"Stay here," Rorik whispered to Riolu as he, too, abandoned cover. It was bad enough that he didn't know what he was doing, he couldn't risk injuring the Aura scout with his incompetence. "Alright, let's get st..."

Just then, in an unexpected flash of light, a third Ball snapped open from Rorik's belt. From within its confines, a small orange lizard materialized and spewed a tiny blaze...

"Volg?!"

He should've guessed that much. The Charmander could sense conflict in the air, and was physically incapable of staying away from any form of battle. Its curse, its condition, demanded that he did. Baimon...

Sure enough, the second Volg locked eyes on Marowak and Krokorok, the Fire-Type decided that the battle would be his. His tail flame erupted violently, tripling in size, and Volg rushed forward - but not towards the enemy.

"Wh-what the hell are you doing?!"

It was exceedingly rare for Rorik to talk like that, but he simply couldn't hold back the shock. There was nothing he could do except watch as Volg unleashed a Dragon Rush... against Staryu! The extremely powerful attack caught the starfish from behind, and sent it flying against a large nearby tree trunk. The single hit was enough to incapacitate the unaware Water-Type, and just like that, Rorik had lost the one Pokémon who held a distinct advantage against both of their foes.

Volg... did it on purpose! He knew Staryu would be the decisive player in this match, so he took it out of the way to claim a spot in the battle... is he insane?!

No matter how powerful Volg's berserker rage was, the Charmander was still a newborn, and his attacks were but a handful. He was both a liability in his current state, and simply not developed enough to engage in a battle of this importance! And yet, even without being ordered to do so, Volg began charging an orb of sunlight in his jaws...

"W-wait, the sunlight isn't strong enough in this forest," Rorik yelled. "Charging that Solar Beam will take too long... Damn it! Munchlax, you have to shield Volg! Try to parry their blows with your Iron Defense!"

Reluctantly, Rorik recalled Staryu back into its ball for a rest, cursing his luck as he did. Sir Bryant was counting on him to dispatch of these minor foes, and here he was playing defensive because he couldn't even keep his own Pokémon under control!

Damn you Rorik, you really are as useless as your father says!!
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #146
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=-------------------~Patches~-------------------=

Your Pikachu sighed, sometimes his trainer was a little too naive... but why ruin your master's fun? She was right, and Mio knew it. Leaving without a teammate was a poor choice, who knew what would happen in such a dark and dreary place. Although you seemed oblivious to the stench of the death are you, Mio knew all too well that these were not mere decorations. Mio watched as you extended your hand to pick up one of the "fake" bones to take back with you --- she gave a sharp intake of breath and shocked your hand away.

You found Mio to be especially rude today, she could've just gestured to a better pile of bones! Besides, you already had a pumpkin --- bones would be perfect for your own Halloween display! You sighed, walking back towards the skeleton that had caused you to flee. You noticed that it marked a crossroads in the underground, branching off to two paths only illuminated by Mio's flash. The right sounded like someone was cleaning something, or at least that's what you assumed. You must have missed the festival, again. Normally, you'd want to help in the effort... but your Pokemon took priority. You turned on your heels and went down the left path, which you were positive that you heard moaning and sobbing down. As your Pikachu lead the way, you could hear the moaning getting louder. You rounded another corner, only to see the back of someone in pure white robes. Whoever it was, looked very upset. Hunched over, letting out those awful wails and sobs. They were slowly placing a skull on top of the various bones lining the corridors, through Mio's light, you could see that the skull had some sort of spongy red substance on it. Maybe it was jelly from the party sandwiches? Now you really wished you hadn't missed it.

Mio immediately felt a chill shoot down her spine, there was clearly something wrong here... and was that blood dripping from the skull? You guys really needed to get out of here, maybe there was some way to convince her trainer to leave this area. Mio silently tugged on you pants, pointing to the hunched over figure in an attempt to warn you of the blood. What do you do?
Mio was staying very close to Patches’ side the entire way down the left path, she was feeling very uneasy about this whole thing. Patches was just determined to get to the bottom of this crying situation and whoever it was is clearly very upset since the sobbing almost sounds like it is getting worse the closer she gets. Finally, she reaches the source and sees the back of someone in all white letting out the most terrible wails and sobs. Patches felt her heart ache at the sight of the poor person who was clearly suffering. She watches as they began to place a skull on top of the various bones that were spread throughout the corridors and noticed that the skull had some sort of jelly on it. “Did that poor person drop the last of their jelly on a dirty skull decoration?” Patches was trying to figure out the situation in her mind before approaching.

In the meantime, Mio was completely creeped out. That is blood. There is no way that’s not blood. Mio is pacing behind Patches, she knows that Patches is probably coming up with a completely wrong thought in her head right about now and that there is usually no distracting her once that happens but right now they really need to leave, screw Kiku. Just because he decides to make bad decisions doesn’t mean she should have to suffer for it. Of course, the same could be said about Patches but at least she doesn’t knowingly make bad decisions like Kiku does. So many thoughts are going through Mio’s mind but the most important thought is that they need to get out before that person notices that they are there. She begins to pull on Patches’ leggings in hopes that she will get the memo but of course it’s all in vain.

“Um, excuse me!” Patches calls out to the person with a sympathetic tone. “I’m so sorry for butting in but I can’t help but notice that you lost the last of your jelly on those bones there. I’m very sorry, I know what it’s like to lose something so tasty and it really is a terrible thing to have to go through. I just wanted to let you know that I’m here for you! Also, my Pikachu is here for you too! Her name is Mio and I’m Cardia!” Normally, Patches would offer the person her nickname but figured this person needs to know just how sincere she is and decided to go with her true name instead. Mio is now cringing and wishing she would just disappear. Her pokeball is a very tempting place to be right now but that would leave Patches all alone in the dark so it looks like she is stuck. Hopefully, this won't go as badly as she imagines it will.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:44 AM   #147
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,309
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Gemini Spark- After hearing Emily's small rant about her parents and the situation they were facing, you agree that something was certainly off. Firstly you ask whether than is anyone around that would have seen anything out of the ordinary, to which Emily shakes her head. "Nope, we pretty much do all the work ourselves, the only outside assistance we get is from a delivery company that transports our wares into town." With that proving to be somewhat of a dead end, you suggest you inspect the fence in hopes of determining how it was broken and perhaps even finding a clue. "That's a good idea actually, I hadn't had a chance to check it out, kind of just raced off after the Seismitoads."

Emily and yourself walk over to the recently mended fence, hoping to find some sign of foul play. Henrietta and Nissa joined you, the two scrambled up the fence and sat atop it for a bird's eye view. The Treecko looked around the Seismitoad enclosure while the Froakie scanned the surrounding swamp, her eyes eventually caught sight of something out of place. Jumping into a nearby tree, the Froakie climbed down to a low hanging branch and retrieved a small piece of fabric that clung to the branch. Bouncing back up over the fence, Henrietta hands the piece of fabric to you. The fabric was black with a green S embroidered on it.

"Hey give me a look at that", Emily takes a quick look at the fabric and recognizes the symbol. "That symbol is used by a local biker gang, The Swampgator's. They have a small clubhouse on the outskirts of swamp, close to town. There is no reason they should have been hanging around here, do you think they could be involved? We could go hit up their clubhouse and see what they know, what do you think?"
"Nope, we pretty much do all the work ourselves, the only outside assistance we get is from a delivery company that transports our wares into town," Emily replied to Hyrem's first question about possible witnesses. When he asked about the fence, however, she reacted much differently: "That's a good idea actually, I hadn't had a chance to check it out, kind of just raced off after the Seismitoads."

"Okay, let's take a closer look then," he stated. "Nissa, Henrietta, think you could help us by searching high?" The two Starter Pokemon nodded before climbing up the fence to properly survey the area, Nissa looking inside the farm and Henrietta scouting outside. It was the Froakie that spotted something out of the ordinary and alerted the others of her discovery. "Fro fro froakie fro!" she croaked, pointing to a nearby tree. "What do you see, Henrietta?" Hyrem called out to her, at which point she jumped to the tree, picked up the item, then climbed back over the fence to show the scrap of black cloth to him that had a stylized, green S on it. "Good find!" he said, patting the Water-type on the head. "What is it, though?"

"Hey give me a look at that," said Emily, Hyrem stretching the fabric so she could see it clearly. "That symbol is used by a local biker gang, The Swampgator's. They have a small clubhouse on the outskirts of swamp, close to town. There is no reason they should have been hanging around here, do you think they could be involved? We could go hit up their clubhouse and see what they know, what do you think?"

"Sure, that sounds like a great idea!" answered Hyrem before a thought occurred to him. "Oh wait, what about the Seismitoad? We probably shouldn't just leave 'em running around without someone watching them..." He then looked to his Salamence; she might be able to keep them in line...if she can keep herself in line, of course. "Wendy, you stay here and watch the Seismitoad while we're gone. If something weird goes on, don't try to fight your way through everything, come find us instead. Understand?" She gave a nod and a grunt before Hyrem added, "And Wendy, you just barely filled your gut with a bunch of food; if there's even one less Seismitoad walking around when we come back, we'll know whose belly to check first! Got it?" She gave a quick snort and a frown, acting as if she were offended by the order. "Look, just...don't get any ideas, okay?" Her frown quickly turned into a smirk before her powerful dragon tongue picked her trainer up by the chin and dropped him to the ground, giving a satisfied grunt as she then flew up to the roof and sat at the edge.

"Ugh, I hate it when she does that," he muttered to himself before chuckling. "Hehe, that usually means 'No promises,' and that's a good sign! I just hope your roof is strong enough to handle a Salamence sitting on top of it." He then turned towards his three serpents, who were resting their heads on their coils, ready for a nap to process their meal. "Anyway, you three can go ahead and rest for now, return!" Once the three snakes were drawn into their respective Pokeballs, his attention was focused on the two Pokemon left to address. "Nissa, Henrietta, you two are coming with us! We'll need your scouting in order to make sure we're safe where we're going." "Treecko tree~" "Fro froakie~" the two Pokemon cheered while Hyrem knelt down to allow Nissa to climb up to one shoulder and Henrietta to latch onto his cheek, starting with her tongue and then using that to spring to his face before taking the other shoulder. After that, Hyrem waited for Emily to do whatever she needed before setting off to find this biker gang for a possible lead on whoever was really responsible for messing with her family.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #148
Raves
...try a little harder.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,511
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Raves- As you 'introduce yourself' and agree to assist Jake for now, you seem to peak the investigators interest."Your own agenda huh?" Jake seems curious as to what you could have going on,"feel free to share anything with me, I know a lot about this city, I might just be able to steer you onto the right track." Jake gave you a little wink before gesturing towards the club entrance,"after you."

You head towards the front door, the bouncer steps aside and lets you straight in, Bel follows closely with Jake not far behind. After walking down a dimly lit hallway you soon come out into the main section of the club. The club is broken into two sections, most of the people were contained to the bottom floor, while a stairway blocked by a velvet rope and manned by a bouncer restricted access to the second level. There weren't many other Pokemon in the club, looking around you see a Persian laying across the lap of a scarcely dressed woman while a Spinda dances around erratically with its drunken trainer. Looking closer at the other revelers you notice that they seem to be acting strangely. A group of them are confined to one corner, their mood sullen. Another group tears up the middle of the dance floor, dancing wildly with no inhibitions. Across the other side of the room a group bursts with uncontrollable laughter, tears streak down their faces.

"hmmm", murmurs Jake, "it seems that those under the influence of the drug seem to group with others that react the same way, interesting." Jake looks around the room, hoping to find a clue as to where they should start."We need to find out how they are getting the drug, I'm going to case the place out, why don't you do the same, maybe go get a drink and see if you can find anything out at the bar?" Jake walked off towards the group of laughers, breaking into an extremely obviously fake laugh as he joins the group. Would you go and try interacting with one of the groups? Or perhaps you needed a drink before you were ready for that?

'Hephae' remained stoic around Jake, casually ignoring his attempted flirt with silence, before following him into the club, now that the problem prior was dispatched. To her, this investigator was simply a means to an end, nothing more, yet in spite of this the actions of said drunk did appear to be highly exaggerated. Bel didn't appear to disagree, looking down upon the unconscious human with disdain as he followed his companion into the club. Within the club, she could quickly determine two simple things. One, segregation, with a velvet rope and bouncer separating the 'VIPs' from the lower class scum. Two, this appeared to be a club that wasn't pokemon friendly, with one Persian trying in vain to cover its owner's lack of modesty while a Spinda fared better on its feet than the human it was with.

And yet, the revellers within appeared to be in their own little cliques, with the sullen depressants in one corner, manic dancers in the middle and the jovial group laughing uncontrollably at something likely trivial that would only warrant a roll of her eyes. Jake's suggestion only reinforced the likelihood, before he suggested trying to mingle with the crowds, joining the cackling cavalcade almost seamlessly. How absurd, Hephae thought to herself, leering towards the cheerful dancers, yet given the behaviour of the animal outside, it would suggest this drug of sorts would be a stimulant.

"Bel, how about we get ourselves a simple ale and see what has those downers in their mood? Perhaps while we're at the bar, we can relay the news that the drunk outside will not be of any hindrance any longer." The plan was simple, really: no fancy drink of any sorts, listen for any bar talk carefully, then sidle near the sullen group and casually eavesdrop while observing the frenetic dancers. The downers were more likely to be the least aggressive if disturbed, and who knows, perhaps she could learn about the roped off section from bar talk.
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:20 PM   #149
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post


Le Marécage Noir: The Black Bayou

Known as the 'Black Bayou,' Marécage Noir is a series of wetlands on the north western tip of Fizzytopia, which includes marshes, swamps, and even a thicket of mangroves which stand between Marécage Noir and the coastline. A wide variety of Pokémon call the relatively untamed wilderness home, while a city stands at the heart of it all, known far and wide as a bastion of revelry and sin.



Les Catacombes des Abattages Sombres - The Catacombs of the Dark Ruination
The Catacombs are a vast and ancient network of man-made tunnels and caverns that span a large portion of the Black Bayou’s underground. Long ago, this large, dark labyrinth was used as a final resting place for both people and Pokemon alike, their skulls and bones lining the walls and ceilings of this dreary maze of darkness. Today, a small section of the catacombs under The City of Jesters and Thieves has been turned into a tourist attraction, but a recent discovery has found that at least over 95% of this subterranean labyrinth has been untouched by human hands for hundreds of years. Aside from rumors of gateways to other realms, a recently discovered apocalyptic prophecy, and the Ground and Ghost-type Pokemon that now call this nexus of tombs home, what lies down here is a mystery literally shrouded in darkness. It would be wise to bring a Pokemon who can be a source of light… Please reply in DarkMagenta.
"How did we even get here?" A 20 something young trainer says. "Everything is fuzzy ever since we were fighting that statue of a Machamp with that girl I can't even remember the name of." The small blue charmander with a white flame at the trainer's side rolls his eyes. "It's a retcon numbnuts. That's what happens when you abandon the forum for tumblr." The Hotstuff says, but of course Big doesn't speak pokemon so he has no idea. "Well, I guess we are looking for new pokemon..." Big says shaking his head with an air of plot convenience. "Wait, I think some details are coming back, we are in the catacombs beneath Le Marécage Noir." He looks around using the light from his Charmander's tail. "I guess we are looking for a pokemon that lives here." He says. "You know what we are looking for right?" Hotstuff rolls his eyes again and nods."Yeah, I know what we are looking for. Just make sure we don't get lost down here. I'll take whatever we find out, you keep track of where we are" Hotstuff rants, despite knowing he can't be understood by his relatively inexperienced trainer yet. Yet the fire type pumps his arm to show he's eager for a fight. Big nods back. "Alright then, lets get going. Those pokemon aren't just going to come to us." The trainer pushes up his glasses and starts marching forward, with his starter pokemon close in tow and his other compainions at his belt.
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:54 AM   #150
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,918
Maskerade- Things quickly went from chaotic to outright bonkers, all because Volg had decided that this battle was his to win. However he had thrown himself straight into a scrap against powerful Pokemon, Pokemon that held a distinct type advantage against him. While Stahl would have made quick work of the Ground typed lackeys the Decidueye had summoned, the fire typed Volg would need things to go his way if he was to stand a chance. It seemed the fire lizard had a plan though, he began to gather solar energy but as his trainer soon pointed out, the graveyard was a gloomy area, with poor light penetration. It would take time for him to charge his attack, time he might not have if he was ganged up on by the encroaching Marowak and Krokorok.

"Can you even control your Pokemon", barked Sir Bryant, having seen the exchange been Volg and Stahl."Pull your shit together and get your Pokemon in line." Turning his attention back to his Metagross, Sir Bryant began to work on bringing the Decidueye down."Metagross, get in quick with a Bullet Punch, follow with a Meteor Mash!" The Metagross quickly burst forward, its legs leaving the ground as it makes use of its psychic levitation. It hurtles through the air at blinding speed, smashing into the Decidueye and sending it fluttering backwards. It doesn't take long for the experienced hunter to gather its senses however, with a swift movement it navigates around the bulky steel type, finding an opening on its flank. The archer strikes with its claws, raking an astonishing blow across the Metagross's flank before gliding back into the shadows of one of the mausoleums.

With combat starting, the Marowak and Krokorok begin to plot against you and your Pokemon. The two split up in an attempt to come at you from different angles, making it a much harder task for Munchlax to guard the charging Volg. The Krokorok is the first to come in for the strike, Munchlax glimmers as it strengthens its defense, only to be met with a burst of mud that splatters across his face. Eyes obscured, he can't react in time as the Marowak attacks, swinging its club-like bone into Volg's stomach. The Charmander skids backwards, claws dig into the cobblestone as he stabilizes himself. He manages to hold the charge, which is slowly growing in power, but that hit hurt. Scraping the mud from his face, Munchlax repositions himself, stepping in between the Marowak and Charmander.

Sir Bryant's Metagross scanned the graveyard, trying to catch sight of the Decidueye. This was the owl's home turf though, it wouldn't be found unless it wanted to. Suddenly it appears from above, striking the Steel type with dark clad talons, a true sucker punch. Arcing around, the Metagross catches sight of the Decidueye before it can disappear into and pursues it. Its body is surrounded by a shell of steel energy as it collides with the Grass type, crushing it into the side of a mausoleum which is barely left standing after the collision. It seemed that Sir Bryant's Metagross would have the upper hand, but only if it was able to pin the Decidueye down for long enough.

Volg finds himself gathering attention again, it seemed the Krokorok and Marowak were ready to come at him again. Marowak tosses its bone, prompting Munchlax to intercept it. The bone smashes into his shoulder before arcing out and around through the air. By the time Munchlax turns around to face the Krokorok, it is gone, as if it had disappeared into thin air. That's when he notices the ground beneath his feet shaking, it was digging! He tries to rush to stop the attack but as he does the Marowak's bone comes spinning back, striking him in the face and knocking him onto his back. The Krokorok erupts from the ground beneath Volg, sending the Charmander flying into the air with a powerful, super effective attack. The Charmander somehow manages to right himself in mid air, taking aim at the Krokorok he releases the mass of solar energy he had been gathering. The Ground type is struck by the devastating beam head on, the light overwhelms it as it is sent tumbling backwards. Volg crashes to the ground, he had taken quite a beating, but he was holding on for now. The Krokorok was quickly back to its feet, it was clearly stronger than the Fire type, it seemed it would take more than one super effective hit to put it down. However the Krokorok seems to be acting differently, the dark energy that had previously filled its eyes was no longer present. The ground type looks around, as if taking in its surroundings for the first time, before turning tail and running off between the mausoleums.

"What happened there?" Sir Bryant shouted, having seen the Krokorok retreat. It seemed strange that just one hit was enough to rattle the Krokorok, maybe there was something else at play?


Gemini Spark- You agreed with Emily, the biker's hideout was a good place to start, but what about the Seismitoad? Surely it wasn't safe to leave them alone, there was a fair chance someone could turn up to sabotage the farm again while you were away. Luckily you had a big guard dog/dragon who would be able to scare off any potential trespassers. You give Wendy a quick grilling, making it clear that she wasn't to go snacking on any Seismitoads. The Salamence is reluctant to start with but eventually she comes around. The pacified giant lifts herself into the air before parking herself on the roof of the barn for a better and more comfortable vantage point. Both of your Seviper as well as your Dratini seem intent on slipping into a food coma, so you recall them as Emily calls for you to follow her.

With Henrietta and Nissa perched on your shoulders, you follow Emily as she leads you over to the barn, her Palpitoad trailing behind her."We should get there faster on these", Emily pushes the barn doors open to reveal two quad bikes, both of which have a crate on the back. Emily picks up her Palpitoad and sits it in the basket on one bike before retrieving a pair of helmets. She tosses you one while Henrietta and Nissa hop into the basket on the back of the bike, it would be safer for them in there."It's pretty simple to drive, we will go slow until you get the hang of it but let's get going."

You both mount your bikes and a turn of the key brings them to life, filling the barn with the buzz of the engine and the faint smell of exhaust. You gently give the throttle a turn, causing the quad to lurch forward, it seemed simple enough. You let Emily lead the way, heading out the front of the property she leads you onto a rough old road that weaves through the swamp. It didn't take long for you to get used to the quad, before you knew it you were handling it like you'd been driving one for years. It's about half an hour before Emily begins to slow down, as the engine grows more quiet you can hear the sound of music in the distance. Taking caution, you continue towards the clubhouse. Soon you spot the building between the trees, it wasn't much more than a large shack. The warp tin roof was covered in rust, surely it didn't provide much protection from the rain. Seven motorbikes were parked out the front of the dilapidated establishment, most of them were polished meticulously, a stark contrast to the clubhouse.

"Well we're here Hyrem", Emily turned off her quad and removed her helmet."It seems there are a few of them here, she would go in all guns blazing or should we take another approach?"

Raves- With Jake off blending in, you decide it is best to start at the bar. A well dressed man with a neatly kept goatee greets you as you approach, you ask for a beer and the bartender quickly whips out a tankard, holding it under the tap he feels it to the top, a thick head of foam forms atop the amber liquid. You take a sip and find it quite bitter but with a slight citrus undertone. Not the best you'd ever tasted but it wasn't horrible. You take a seat at the bar for a moment, hoping to pick up a bit of gossip. While you're sitting there you notice a rather robust man rise from the group of sullen drunkards. He makes his way towards the bar before slamming both hands down on the polished oak.

"Give me the bottle Sammy", the man slurs over his words, he stunk of spirits. The bartender sighs, before producing a bottle of an unmarked liquor. Strangely the liquor seemed to be bright pink, it wasn't something you were familiar with.

"I'm only doing this because I don't think you should have been fired Doug", the bartender pulled back the bottle as the man snatched at it."I think you should leave soon though mate, if you're still here when the boss gets back you'll get more than you bargained for."

Doug grasps at the bottle,"just give it to me Sammy." The bartender lets go of the bottle, relinquishing it to his former co worker. Bottle of strange liquor in hand, the drunken Doug turns to look in your direction."Hey there cutie", the man burps into his hand."What's a pretty young thing like you doing in a shithole like this? Can to join me for a drink." Doug shakes the bottle at you, hoping to entice you into spending some time with him. Bel gives you a weird look, surely you weren't going to associate with this bloke?



Biggggg5- As if waking from a coma, you find yourself in a strange environment. Thankfully it doesn't take long for your memory to return, you had somehow found your way into the catacombs running underneath LMN. Hotstuff was lighting the dark tunnels, you give the little Charmander a pat on the head, thankful that he is still with you after all this time. The fire lizard looked eager to explore, but where exactly were you meant to go? You had asked around town for a map of the catacombs but everyone you asked either had no idea what you were talking about or quickly changed the subject. It seemed a bit odd but you had paid little attention to it, what's the worst that could happen?

You decide on a direction and head off down one of the tunnels, unsure what way you were actually heading. The possibility of you getting lost was high, there was no way of knowing if anyone else was getting around down here. There was no sign of other Pokemon around, perhaps they were weary of strangers. It seemed like you had been walking around the tunnels for ages, although it reality it probably hadn't been more than twenty minutes. Suddenly Hotstuff spins around as he hears a rock skid along the ground behind you.

"Freeze punk!"

Flames fill Hotstuff's mouth, illuminating the tunnel a little more, revealing the source of the voice as you spin around to face it. Your hands instinctively rise above your head as the first thing you see is the metallic gleam of a glock pointed at your chest. Following the gun back to the person holding it, a grizzly old man, worn from years of conflict. The only thing more worn than the man is his black leather jacket. Looking to the man's side, you see a Squirtle, the Water type seems ready to step in and protect his trainer."You're coming with me thief, we finally managed to track you down, you've pulled your last heist. Now, call off your Charmander and come with us, you're going to show me where you hid the loot then I'm taking you in."
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.