UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Olivewood Ocean

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2017, 04:58 PM   #1
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello
 
Beautiful Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 918
A Kanjohto Expedition: The Collected Writings of Seth Rosenthal

Seth was filled with apprehension as his ship pulled into Olivine Bay. He stood at the bow, surveying the hustle and bustle of the busy port. Next to him stood Shoshana, the Ralts that had accompanied him from his home region of Hoenn. Together, they would explore the ravished Kanto and Johto regions. Seth inhaled deeply, breathing in the salty air.

"Gosh, Shana, don't you just love the smell of the ocean?" asked Seth. The Ralts looked up at him in acknowledgment but deigned not to reply. "Man, you're a quiet one," Seth sighed. "Still, I guess we haven't known each other that long, and we certainly haven't had any adventures together yet. I guess it'll just take time." At this, Shana went back to looking back out at the bustling port once again.

The two remained like this for a bit, silently absorbing the hectic scene around them as their boat pulled up to an unoccupied dock. Seth shoulders his bag as other passengers begin shuffling off the boat and onto dry land. Then, he and Shana follow suit.

"You know," starts Seth, drawing the gaze of his partner once more. "There's supposedly a famous Lighthouse here. Why don't we see if we can find that?"

Shana thinks for a minute, then nodded. With that, the duo started to make their way into Olivine for the beginning of their journey.

Last edited by Beautiful Savage; 10-09-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Beautiful Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,534
Finding yourself thrust into the hustle and bustle of Olivine, you decide to head towards the famed lighthouse to see it for yourself in person. You head through the harbor, making your way past all the sailors, merchants and crew on their way to or from ships, making your way to a slightly less industrial area a little ways from the main port. You seen see the Luster Lighthouse in its metallic, glistening glory above you, towering fairly high into the sky. As you ascend to the plateau it sits upon and admire the symbol of Olivine's renewed prosperity, you are suddenly approached by a man in a jumpsuit and hard hat.

"Um, so, sorry to bother you, but, I see you have a Pokémon with you. You're a trainer, right?" this man asks, looking somewhat desperate and frantic, "I'm Yoshi, one of the workers who helps to maintain the lighthouse. We're in a bit of a bind and we were hoping if a trainer might help us. You see, we've been experiencing a pretty bad infestation of Voltorb recently and we need someone to help us make our way up the lighthouse to tend to the Mareep, Flaaffy and Ampharos."

This gentleman seems quite genuinely in a pickle and seems like he could really use your help. You could always refuse, but that would be no fun, right? After all, this swarm does seem to be some sort of environmental change - right up your alley, don't you think?
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #3
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello
 
Beautiful Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 918
Seth thought about the situation for a moment, considering his options before arriving at a decision. On the one hand, Voltorb could be dangerous. They have a bit of a reputation for exploding, so having them in the lighthouse is an obvious problem. Also, if innocent Pokemon are in danger, the moral course of action would be to help them. On the other hand, Seth and Shoshana did not have any experience working as a team yet. That being said, Shana's Psychic capabilities would undoubtedly come in handy in a situation such as this.

"Well, Shana," said Seth, turning towards his companion. "What do you think?"

The Ralts looks at him, thinks for a second, then gives a confident nod. Seth smiles.

"Alright, we'll help you out. Just tell us where to go and what to do."
Beautiful Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:59 PM   #4
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,534
"Okay, great!" Yoshi responded, face lighting up with a combination of happiness and relief from having found someone to help with the problem, "Come with me and I'll show you what we need you to do."

Yoshi leads you to a small staging area near the base of the lighthouse and swings open a locker door to reveal a line of jumpsuits just like the one he's wearing, and picks one out.

"This should be about your size - it's insulating so it'll prevent you from being shocked or discharging static," he explains, throwing you a suit that is in fact just your size.

"We usually don't have such an issue with Voltorb - other Pokémon for sure - but not Voltorb. And the thing is, they're basically living mines, so we need to be especially careful with them. I can accompany you, but since we need to be very careful not to disturb them and they react poorly to shocks, I don't know how much I'll be able to help. My Pokémon are all Steel, Electric and Fighting typed, so they're not exactly suited to this kind of work."

As he explains, he shows you to a service entrance to the lighthouse, behind which is a somewhat steep staircase, which he leads you up. At the top of the stairs, you already see a few Voltorb clustered together, blocking your path. Small tendrils of electricity arc between them, but they seem fairly docile. There's plenty of space to move them around, but they're unfortunately all grouped around the hall to the next staircase.

"Don't worry too much about the electricity - the suit will absorb that - just make sure they don't blow up in your face."
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello
 
Beautiful Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 918
Seth thought the task seemed straightforward enough. All he had to do was move the Voltorb out of the way without exploding them. Shouldn't be too hard, right? He pulls out his Pokedex, deciding to try and find out what the device has to say.

"Voltorb – The Ball Pokemon," the mechanical voice whirs. "It looks just like a Poké Ball. It is dangerous because it may electrocute or explode on contact."

Seth grits his teeth as the Pokedex says "explode on contact." This was shaping up to be a bit more daunting than he had first expected. He grapples with the problem for a moment, then comes to a sudden realization.

"Say, Shana, you can sense other Pokemon's emotions, right? Are you getting any sort of read from these Voltorb?"
Beautiful Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:02 PM   #6
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,534
You check your Pokédex for a bit more information on the group of Pokémon which you've been tasked to handle. As Yoshi advised you before, the Pokédex's data confirms that these Ball Pokémon are rather volatile and could explode at the slightest touch, so you request your Ralts to get a read on the group as to assess the relative level of danger. Silently, she focuses on the Voltorb to sense any anger,
frustration or any other potentially volatile emotions. However, after a few moments, she just shrugs, seeming to not have gleaned anything of particular interest off their mental state.

Having noted her inconclusive scan, Yoshi chimes in to clarify - "We haven't seen the Voltorb be particularly restless or even move much at all, which has been part of the issue. In the past, the Voltorb we have seen have generally been few and far between and rather skittish, so we were surprised to see them all gathered and rather calm and unwilling to run off at the slightest provocation. But that worries us just as much, as, well, as you might imagine, if we have one of these explode, it could easily result in a chain reaction that could bring the lighthouse down."

With the stakes and tension sufficiently heightened, the circumstances clearly outlined, and the restrictions made quite explicit, you have your all of work quite well cut out for you...

"So, how do you want to approach this? Do you want my help for anything?"
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Olivewood Ocean


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.