UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2017, 09:10 PM   #301
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,924
Medmana- With chaos surrounding you as the Marshals attempt to pin down as many gang members as possible, you find yourself locked in a battle with Madame Marsh. Thankfully you had the assistance of Jacob, the young man's Gligar would certainly come in handy against Marsh's Magneton. Jacob's Gligar quickly got to work, slamming one of its claws into the ground it channeled energy into the earth. A pillar of ground energy quickly erupts beneath the Magneton, spray sand into the air as the Steel and Electric type takes a brutal blow. Glimmer begins to glisten and slowly rise off the ground as she builds up energy, preparing to assault the Magneton with her powerful technique.

"Magnet Bomb the Gligar then Electro ball the Dewpider!" Madame Marsh shouts at her Magneton, her rage continues to grow. Suddenly Bell lets out a burst of silk, the thin thread wraps around the woman's mouth, sealing it shut. As Madame Marsh struggles to remove the string from around her mouth, you notice a red energy began to flow from her body down into the sand. The sand beneath her feet was starting to move and shift, what was going on there? You have to push the thought aside as Marsh's Magneton goes on the attack. Small metallic balls form around the Electric type's magnets as it prepares to bombard Jacob's Gligar. The small projectiles strike with incredible accuracy, exploding across the Gligar's body even as it tries to avoid the attack.

Glimmer's angelic wings sprout as the Seedot finishes charging her attack. She soars up into the air before rocketing back down, slamming into the Magneton with a powerful hit. Unfortunately the Magneton shrugs off the attack as if it was nothing, most likely due to having a quad-resistance to the attack. Bell attempts to assist as he lets out another beam of bubbles, the Water type attack is slightly more successful, the Magneton groans in pain. Jacob's Gligar whips its tail around, sending a spray of sand towards the Magneton, dousing it in the silicate and lowering its accuracy.

Crackling with electricity, the Magneton quickly forms a sparking ball of electricity which it fires directly at Bell. The Dewpider lets out a pained screech as it is blown backwards, the bug slumps down in the sand. You wait for a moment, hoping that Bell was just playing tricks again, however it appears the previous battle had taken a lot out of him. He was now unconscious, he wouldn't be battling again any time soon.

Bell has been knocked out

Finally managing to remove the string from around her mouth, Madame Marsh let out a quick laugh." Ha, one down, two to go! Magneton give the Gligar a Tri Attack before treating the Seedot to a Sonic Boom." The energy continued to flow from Madame Marsh into the sand, the energy seemed to be massing in one point, slowly forming something but it was still unrecognisable.


Sandaa- With this latest development you find yourself with one option. You had to abandon Chad and Daniel, the two would have to find their own way out of the Ribs compound. Jenny and the others at the Drunken Druddigon were most likely in danger, just how long you had to get there was unknown. The quickest way back was teleportation although it was a long distance and Espy would have a hard enough time teleporting you.

"It's fine", murmurs Chad, "we can get out of here now, you go stop the Ribs from hurting Grant and Jenny." Nodding to the pair you turn to Espy and instruct the Psychic type to read your mind in order to determine the destination for your teleport. You try to focus on the kitchen where you encountered the pair of Espurr but can't help but think about Jenny as well. Placing your hand on Espy's head, the pair of you disappear in an instant, only to reappear in a much different setting.

Espy gained 1 level

Looking around you expect to find yourself in the kitchen of the Drunken Druddigon, however you find yourself somewhere else. It is still familiar however, you appear to have arrived in the park where you first met Jenny, Espy must have picked up on this memory as well. Luckily you remember your way back to the tavern, you quickly tear through the streets, Espy close by your side. As you move through the streets you notice that all the windows on the houses are closed up, there was no sign of anyone. You turn down the street and find a battle in progress. Two Ribs grunts bark orders at their Mightyena, the Dark typed hounds sink their teeth into the rough skin of an old blue Druddigon. The Dragon type roars in pain as it lashes out with its claws, batting the Mightyena away from it with vengeful ferocity. The bartender stands behind the fierce Dragon, attempting to protect his establishment.

You then spot a more well dressed man standing to the side of the conflict, another man in shackles was slumped over at his feet. The Ribs admin watched as his grunts continued to try and take down the bartender's aged Druddigon, the old Dragon was managing to put up quite the fight despite being outnumbered."Not long now Grant and you will see your daughter again, I can't wait to meet her", the admin smiled as he ran his hair through his slick black hair. It seems you had arrived just in time.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #302
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- With chaos surrounding you as the Marshals attempt to pin down as many gang members as possible, you find yourself locked in a battle with Madame Marsh. Thankfully you had the assistance of Jacob, the young man's Gligar would certainly come in handy against Marsh's Magneton. Jacob's Gligar quickly got to work, slamming one of its claws into the ground it channeled energy into the earth. A pillar of ground energy quickly erupts beneath the Magneton, spray sand into the air as the Steel and Electric type takes a brutal blow. Glimmer begins to glisten and slowly rise off the ground as she builds up energy, preparing to assault the Magneton with her powerful technique.

"Magnet Bomb the Gligar then Electro ball the Dewpider!" Madame Marsh shouts at her Magneton, her rage continues to grow. Suddenly Bell lets out a burst of silk, the thin thread wraps around the woman's mouth, sealing it shut. As Madame Marsh struggles to remove the string from around her mouth, you notice a red energy began to flow from her body down into the sand. The sand beneath her feet was starting to move and shift, what was going on there? You have to push the thought aside as Marsh's Magneton goes on the attack. Small metallic balls form around the Electric type's magnets as it prepares to bombard Jacob's Gligar. The small projectiles strike with incredible accuracy, exploding across the Gligar's body even as it tries to avoid the attack.

Glimmer's angelic wings sprout as the Seedot finishes charging her attack. She soars up into the air before rocketing back down, slamming into the Magneton with a powerful hit. Unfortunately the Magneton shrugs off the attack as if it was nothing, most likely due to having a quad-resistance to the attack. Bell attempts to assist as he lets out another beam of bubbles, the Water type attack is slightly more successful, the Magneton groans in pain. Jacob's Gligar whips its tail around, sending a spray of sand towards the Magneton, dousing it in the silicate and lowering its accuracy.

Crackling with electricity, the Magneton quickly forms a sparking ball of electricity which it fires directly at Bell. The Dewpider lets out a pained screech as it is blown backwards, the bug slumps down in the sand. You wait for a moment, hoping that Bell was just playing tricks again, however it appears the previous battle had taken a lot out of him. He was now unconscious, he wouldn't be battling again any time soon.

Bell has been knocked out

Finally managing to remove the string from around her mouth, Madame Marsh let out a quick laugh." Ha, one down, two to go! Magneton give the Gligar a Tri Attack before treating the Seedot to a Sonic Boom." The energy continued to flow from Madame Marsh into the sand, the energy seemed to be massing in one point, slowly forming something but it was still unrecognisable.
While an outside observer would see nothing but chaos upon looking onto the scene, it was certain that a certain trio hardly noticed it. To them, only the enemy before them mattered- the scuffle between the gang members and the Marshals was merely background noise as they contemplated how best to take out their own foe. And indeed, they all needed to maintain their focus here- one side was outnumbered, but the other already had already sustained heavy injury and enemy analysis...

Speaking of, the second of Amicae's pokemon was taken down in the last exchange and the other one hardly seemed to do anything at all to her opponent. She cursed under her breath. Sky Attack was said to have both a Flinch chance and a higher than normal critical hit ratio, but she had yet to see either occur- evidently, it was quite unreliable in those regards. And Madame Marsh had managed to free herself from her gag already to boot. Ami had to admit, the tyrant was physically stronger than she had given her credit for. And perhaps the greedy bitch had experience in genuine acting, because she hardly seemed to notice the weird red stuff pooling onto the charred sand at her feet. Or maybe she was simply unaware of it entirely...

Whatever it was, it didn't seem like it was a threat at the moment- at least, not one on the same level as the magneton. She quickly grabbed up her dewpider's pokeball and recalled him, not wanting to risk getting his unconscious body trampled upon while her focus was elsewhere. "I wouldn't say it's quite that simple, Madame," she taunted as she pocketed the pokeball. "Glimmer, use their rage against them with Bide!"

...She'd have to get some stronger and more varied attacks on her pokemon after this is all over and done with, it seems.
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"

Last edited by Median Dia; 09-17-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:08 AM   #303
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- With this latest development you find yourself with one option. You had to abandon Chad and Daniel, the two would have to find their own way out of the Ribs compound. Jenny and the others at the Drunken Druddigon were most likely in danger, just how long you had to get there was unknown. The quickest way back was teleportation although it was a long distance and Espy would have a hard enough time teleporting you.

"It's fine", murmurs Chad, "we can get out of here now, you go stop the Ribs from hurting Grant and Jenny." Nodding to the pair you turn to Espy and instruct the Psychic type to read your mind in order to determine the destination for your teleport. You try to focus on the kitchen where you encountered the pair of Espurr but can't help but think about Jenny as well. Placing your hand on Espy's head, the pair of you disappear in an instant, only to reappear in a much different setting.

Espy gained 1 level

Looking around you expect to find yourself in the kitchen of the Drunken Druddigon, however you find yourself somewhere else. It is still familiar however, you appear to have arrived in the park where you first met Jenny, Espy must have picked up on this memory as well. Luckily you remember your way back to the tavern, you quickly tear through the streets, Espy close by your side. As you move through the streets you notice that all the windows on the houses are closed up, there was no sign of anyone. You turn down the street and find a battle in progress. Two Ribs grunts bark orders at their Mightyena, the Dark typed hounds sink their teeth into the rough skin of an old blue Druddigon. The Dragon type roars in pain as it lashes out with its claws, batting the Mightyena away from it with vengeful ferocity. The bartender stands behind the fierce Dragon, attempting to protect his establishment.

You then spot a more well dressed man standing to the side of the conflict, another man in shackles was slumped over at his feet. The Ribs admin watched as his grunts continued to try and take down the bartender's aged Druddigon, the old Dragon was managing to put up quite the fight despite being outnumbered."Not long now Grant and you will see your daughter again, I can't wait to meet her", the admin smiled as he ran his hair through his slick black hair. It seems you had arrived just in time.
Gary and Espy seemed to warp through time and space as they disappeared from the arcade and reappeared in the park where Gary had first met Jenny. It wasn’t the destination Gary had intended, but it was close enough. Espy seemed a little disappointed that he didn’t follow Gary’s instructions perfectly, but Gary gave his Espeon a reassuring pat on the head. With the direness of the situation, a myriad of thoughts were flowing through his head, so it must have been hard creating a mental image for Espy to work with. “Great work Espy. Let’s hurry over to the bar!”

The two of them sprinted down the street to the Drunken Druddigon as quickly as possible where they encountered a pair of Mightyena fighting against the pub’s namesake. Likewise, there were some Ribs grunts, someone who appeared to be their leader, and a man in chains that Gary assumed was Grant. As the menacing man made idle threats about Grant’s daughter, the bartender had his hands full with the grunts. “Hold it right there!” Gary called out, taking a minute to catch his breath.

Glancing down at Espy, Gary quietly whispered, “Take a rest, Espy, I might need you again soon.” He called Espy back into his Psychic Ball before pulling back out a familiar Premier Ball. “We’re not going to let you get away with this, right Scurvy?” Gary pointed a finger at the Ribs’ leader before tossing the ball in the palm of his hand, causing it to pop open. The jolly Aipom revealed himself and landed on Gary’s shoulder, crossing his arms to look tough. “Aye!”
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:57 PM   #304
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
((Sup bitch, I'm your updater now.))

Heather: You've calmed down significantly when compared to before, but your body's naturally in fight or flight mode and your hackles are up. There is no way to be truly calm in a situation like this. You aren't a ghost (yet...) after all! Enlisting your own ghostie to help you out, Magus drifts closer to the terrifying mirror, eyes beginning to glow a vibrant blue as he peers through the veil and onto the other side.

You waited, mere seconds feeling like hours as grim anticipation crippled body and mind; unsure if the drop of temperature in the room was down to you or the spirits who so clearly wanted to tear you apart. Antsy, it almost seemed like this was a lost cause until your companion's voice reached you, “I can see another room through there... I can see us.”

Before you can ask what lay beyond the mirror, Magus seemed to show you through his own gaze: a room of pure monochrome, and yourself seeming to peer downwards. The room stretched far beyond the limited view of the mirror, a distorted painting hanging on the wall between two fine wooden doors. There was a Pokemon on the floor, its jaw moving as if to imply speech, and then it turned to look at you both-- the real you and Magus – in the eye.

“Heather... It's coming!”

The connection between you severed in a way that was jarring and didn't help your already painful head, and even though Misdreavus had warned you, the jumpscare was real all the same. Bursting through the mirror, shattering the glass and flinging it about, an Electrike suddenly landed with ease, fur sparking, the yellow bright against the darkness of the surroundings. Looking around, you noticed that everything seemed to lack colour except for yourselves, and that if you peered hard enough into the shards... Monsters peered back.

What do you do?
__________________

Last edited by Meetan; 09-18-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:19 PM   #305
Heather
POOTIS!
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Under the Gay Cloud
Posts: 2,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
((Sup bitch, I'm your updater now.))

Heather: You've calmed down significantly when compared to before, but your body's naturally in fight or flight mode and your hackles are up. There is no way to be truly calm in a situation like this. You aren't a ghost (yet...) after all! Enlisting your own ghostie to help you out, Magus drifts closer to the terrifying mirror, eyes beginning to glow a vibrant blue as he peers through the veil and onto the other side.

You waited, mere seconds feeling like hours as grim anticipation crippled body and mind; unsure if the drop of temperature in the room was down to you or the spirits who so clearly wanted to tear you apart. Antsy, it almost seemed like this was a lost cause until your companion's voice reached you, “I can see another room through there... I can see us.”

Before you can ask what lay beyond the mirror, Magus seemed to show you through his own gaze: a room of pure monochrome, and yourself seeming to peer downwards. The room stretched far beyond the limited view of the mirror, a distorted painting hanging on the wall between two fine wooden doors. There was a Pokemon on the floor, its jaw moving as if to imply speech, and then it turned to look at you both-- the real you and Magus – in the eye.

“Heather... It's coming!”

The connection between you severed in a way that was jarring and didn't help your already painful head, and even though Misdreavus had warned you, the jumpscare was real all the same. Bursting through the mirror, shattering the glass and flinging it about, an Electrike suddenly landed with ease, fur sparking, the yellow bright against the darkness of the surroundings. Looking around, you noticed that everything seemed to lack colour except for yourselves, and that if you peered hard enough into the shards... Monsters peered back.

What do you do?
Heather held her head in pain as the psychic connection Magus had established with her was severed. Looking around, the surroundings had changed drastically, drained of color...as if they'd passed into the room Magus had shown her, or else...Or else they had been in that room all along, and somehow the shattered mirror had broken an illusion? Heather wasn't sure at the moment. What she was sure of was the Electrike staring her down right now being a fantastic specimen. It was full of energy, raring to go...the only problem was that its gaze was focused right on her as its opponent. Not to mention, the shards of the mirror around it...if Heather looked closely enough, she could see...things, unidentifiable things, monstrous things that she was probably very grateful that they were in the mirror shards rather than in the room right now.

With all that being said, there was one other thing that needed to be sorted, and that was figuring out where exactly they were. With no way to tell whether they'd actually moved just based on the surroundings, there was only one way left to find out: Darren. If Magus could still sense him, then at least they were still relatively close to where the two had awoken, or at least been transported to the same place.

"Magus, I need you to do me another favor while I take this thing! See if you can find out if Darren is still nearby."

Why would we be looking for him? Magus responded quizzically, though not questioning the directive to not fight.

"If we can tell that he's nearby, then we know we're at least probably still near where we started! With all the stuff going on, knowing where we are is important!" Heather responded, taking out Grace's Ball once again as Magus simply nodded and went to do as instructed. "Come on, Grace, let's do this!" she said, releasing the Emolga onto the ground before her.

"An Electrike, here of all places? You have the devil's own luck..." Grace said, shaking her head. "Anyway, orders?"

"See if you can't calm it down with your Fatal Attraction! If that doesn't work, just keep it at bay with Quick Attack!" Heather ordered, Grace readying herself for battle.
__________________
Confidence (Some Assembly Required): Because NQNH's save file is now RIP
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Things One Is Not Allowed To Do In Exalted
244) While not FORBIDDEN, my Midnight is to keep in mind that using an army of animated skeletons in order to fill the town square with a rendition of "Spooky Scary Skeletons" is going to be considered odd at best.
WF Things
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:00 AM   #306
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
Heather: With Magus off hunting for the loud, annoying boy you possibly left to die earlier, Grace was preparing to do battle with the Electrike opposite. The Pokemon looked perplexed by your orders, but that confusion soon faded away in favour of peering at the fellow electric type dreamily. Any will to fight had been lessened, although with it sustaining damage over time, it was left whimpering and shaking its head. Its sparks were becoming more haphazard and chaotic, and it was at that point that you realised that perhaps the static earlier hadn't been violent. This was violent, this was panic, and the canine yelped in protest. Still, though, it didn't attack, choosing instead to bark up a storm and threateningly snap at some of the glass shards on the floor, which had now begun giggling and cackling as if in mockery of the scene above them.

“I can't find Damien yet,” Magus returned over shoulder, looking utterly unimpressed with whatever you'd done. “But the hall outside looks different than before. The boy is awake now, alone, and he's crying a few doors down. I don't sense anything wrong with him, and he seemed afraid of me.” He continued, “Once you've finished here, perhaps we should go and rescue him?”

At the suggestion, the Electrike's eyes flashed, and he began barking at you more aggressively. The sound of a storm rumbled outside, rain lashing down against the window panes. What do you do?
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:40 PM   #307
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 343
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Patches- Collecting the sparkling remains of the stain glass barrier as a memento, you stuff it into your bag. Mio does you a favour and recalls Kei back into his Pokeball, the Charmander was certainly uneasy in this strange environment, it was probably best that he stay safe inside his Pokeball for now. While you are dawdling around, Mio races ahead, stopping at the door to call out to you. The Pikachu didn't seem to be enjoy the games as much as yourself, she seems much more intent on finding Rika as fast as possible. A grin on your face you race out of the room, Mio follows you closely as you attempt to follow the wet paw prints left behind by the rogue Espeon. The trail leads you up the staircase and eventually you come out on the second level of the building.

Then you see her, Rika is no more than 10 metres in front of you, her eyes are still glistening with energy, she wasn't acting like herself. As soon as you take a step towards her she turns and walks straight through the closed door behind her. Her body seems to simply shift through the solid wood. You rush up to the door and try to go through like Rika, only to crash into it with a thump. Mio looks up at you with a concerned look, it seems things weren't going to be that easy. Rubbing your head, you get a closer look at the door, it seemed to have a pattern marked into it. Not only that, the door seemed to have a lock on it, 4 numbers were needed to unlock it. Rika was on the other side of the door, if you were going to continue playing with her, you would have to get through first.

"Owww... Oh! Where are my glasses?" Patches rubs her head where it just smashed into the door and then realizes that she can't really see and begins to crawl around in search of her glasses that were knocked off of her face. Eventually, Mio grabs them for her and hands them over to her trainer. "Why thank you, Mio! I have no idea what I would do without you!" Placing her glasses back onto her face, she stands back up and begins to look at the door in front of her but gets lost in thought thinking about that encounter with Rika. "Hmm, you know... I'm starting to get a strange feeling. Did Rika seem to be a little, I dunno... Different, to you?" She asks Mio. "Chuuuu!" Mio attempts to tell her trainer that there is obviously something wrong. She is happy that Patches seems to finally be noticing that something is off, but is a bit annoyed that it has taken her this long, considering how dreary this place is.

"You're right, it's probably nothing. Now lets figure out how to get through this door so we can reunite with her!" It would seem that Patches misunderstood Mio's response, causing the Pikachu to just sigh and shake her head, at this point she's used to it. "Alright, sooo..." Patches stares blankly at the various shapes and numbers that seem to be etched into some sort of lock. "Uhhh..." She continues just stand there, almost as if she is waiting for the lock to do something on its own. After another sigh out of Mio, she climbs up Patches in order to get a better look since it's clear they will be standing there all day if she doesn't do something. "Pi..." She tries her best to figure out the math and is a bit hesitant to share what she comes up with because she isn't sure if it's right, but they need to try. "Piiika!" Mio gets Patches' attention since she had begun to stare off somewhere else entirely. "Oh, did you figure it out, Mio?" Now that she is listening, Mio begins. "Pi pi pi pi pi."

"Oh, are you trying to tell me numbers? Alright..." Patches grabs the lock and enters 5 into the first spot which is below the pentagon. "Pi pi pi pi." Patches then enters 4 below the triangle. "Pi pi pi pi pi pi." Next, she puts the number 6 below the star. "Pi pi pi." Finally, she enters the last number which is a 3 below the circle. "So, we have five, four, six, three... Well, lets see if this works!"
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #308
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Halloweentown
Posts: 149
Hi Kawaii! I'm finishing up the rest of your adventure in place of Patches.

kawaiiconcept: The building makes several, loud cracking noises as the fire continues to ravage the building. Freighya looked worried at the sound, but seemed to gain more confidence when she noticed you feeding the several candies to Ducklett. The Espeon focused as much of her energy on her psychic powers, providing a sense of hope to those still stuck inside. As your Ducklett finishes the last of the rare candy, she looks incredibly energized. She flaps her small wings in excitement and lets you know she is prepared to unleash her newly learned attack. The Ducklett opened her beak and an orb of water began to form, growing larger as the little blue Pokemon concentrated more and more energy. It reached the size of a large beach ball, and a Pulse of Water flew forward. Ducklett continued with the attack, and sent several more pulses at the burning building. The waves of water rushed over the walls and windows, putting out the areas of fire it touched. Becky, shocked by the power of Ducklett’s moved, almost forgot to continue using Water Gun. The last of the water hit just before the door of the building bursts open, black smoke pouring out of it. As the smoke clears you spot two figures, the smaller one leaning on the larger one. Jeremy and Samantha come sputtering and coughing into view, Mathilda safe in Samantha’s arms. The group makes their way over to you, Jeremy giving you a smile and a thumbs-up before going back into a coughing fit.

You feel a hand on your shoulder, and turn to see the head of the fire brigade, Lorainne.
“Kawaii, my team can get in the building now and get everyone out, thanks to your help!” She says. She looks relieved, but also worried for the firefighters filing into the building. “Let’s get you all some place safe.”

Lorainne takes Jeremy, Samantha, Mathilda, as well as you and your Pokemon to an office building not too far away. As you enter the door, she calls for medical help for those affected by the fire. A man and a woman in scrubs whisk Jeremy, Samantha, and little Mathilda away into another room, letting them know they would take good care of them. Lorainne hands you a wet rag and a cup of water, and you notice that your clothes and skin are covered with soot. She lets you know she’ll be right back before disappearing into a room down the hall.

“Are you feeling ok?” Her voice comes from the hallway and you see her walking towards you with something in her hand. She holds the object out, revealing it to be a blue gem shaped like a water droplet attached to a chain. “It’s not much but…I can’t thank you enough, really. We’re such a small team, there was no way we could handle a fire like that on our own.” She gives you a gentle smile as she places the Mystic Water into the palm of your hand. Additionally, she reaches into her pocket and holds out $500 poke. She looks a bit embarrassed at the low amount, but you know this company was struggling.

“Cklett?” The winged Pokemon quacks. It is still at your side, and has followed you loyally this whole time as if you were a mother Swanna. It looks at Lorainne, and back to you in worry. Lorainne laughs a bit as she begins to understand. She bends down to get to the Water-Pokemon’s level.

“You’re wondering if its ok to stay with her, huh?” She ruffles the feathers on Ducklett’s head. “Well, if it’s okay with Kawaii, I think that’s a great idea. You two seem to have a great connection!” Ducklett jumped in the air and landed on your shoulder, cuddling up to you affectionately.

You received a Lv. 16 Female Ducklett!
You received a Mystic Water!
You received $500 poke!
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:16 PM   #309
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,924
Medmana- With Bell being knocked unconscious you recall the Dewpider, he had fought well but this type matchup was one he was never going to win. Glimmer on the other hand had a chance at least, while she wasn't the great offensive presence, she was durable and resisted the Magneton's powerful electric attacks. With Jacob's Gligar holding a distinct advantage, it was up to Glimmer to hold on long enough for you to come out victorious. Madame Marsh's Magneton soon pressed the attack once more, spinning around as each of the three Magnemite's began to a coloured sphere of energy. Soon three orbs, one red, one blue and one yellow are sent spinning through the air towards the currently airborne Gligar.

"Dig now Gligar!" Jacob shoots out to his Pokemon, the Gligar quickly responds and dives down into the sand, avoiding the Tri Attack that almost clips it on the descent. Gligar soon disappears into the sand, obscured from sight as it digs around below. Glimmer begins to shimmer in a white light, biding her time as she waits for the Magneton to target her. Suddenly Gligar erupts from beneath the Magneton, slamming into its underside with a powerful super effective hit. The magnetic Pokemon groans, the power of these repetitive super effective strikes was beginning to wear it down.

Pushing on, the Magneton begins to spin, picking up speed it soon lets out a burst of sonic sound. A booming shockwave flies towards Glimmer, smashing into her and causing her to tumble back through the sand. Eventually the Seedot rights herself and the aura around her condenses and she retaliates with a powerful Bide beam. The energy slams into Marsh's Magneton, causing it to issue yet another groan of pain. Jacob could tell the Magneton was beginning to weaken, the boy was eager to put an end to it.

"Brick break now Gligar! Finish it!" Gligar leaps into the air, raising its claw as it prepares its final blow. The sand around Madame Marsh's feet is beginning to swirl around wildly, as if her growing anger and hatred is shaping it into something.

"If I go down, you all go down with me! EXPLOSION!" Magneton suddenly begins to glow. Jacob's Gligar slams its claw into the Steel type, causing a massive explosion that sends everyone flying backwards in a storm of sand. As the sand settles you find yourself slumped up against the edge of the arena, Jacob next to you. Glimmer is still standing somehow, perhaps she was far enough away from the explosion? The same can't be said for Jacob's Gligar, the ground type wasn't moving at all. Madame Marsh was lying face down in the sand across the otherside of the arena, her Magneton unconscious next to her.

Then you see it, where Madame Marsh stood, there is now a small red shovel sticking out of the sand. It began to spin, rising up out of the ground as sand began to gather below it. Before long the shovel seemed to be sucking in all the sand in the arena, growing to a staggering height as and eerie wail began to fill the cavern. Then you notice it, the growing pile of sand had eyes and what also appeared to be a mouth. Was it a Pokemon? Whatever it was it seemed angry, as if Madame Marsh's hateful grudge had flown into it. Looking over to Glimmer, you notice the little Seedot was beginning to glow, not like when she was using Sky Attack or Bide, this was something different, what could be happening to her?

Glimmer gained 2 levels


Sandaa- Taking a moment to catch your breath, you recall Espy as you call out to the man threatening the man you assume is Grant. A smile crosses the man's face as he looks over at you, he doesn't seem at all worried by your appearance. The man doesn't even blink as you call out Scurvy, despite the Aipom's best attempts to look menacing as he stands atop your shoulders. "I'm sorry, who are you?" The man's voice is brimming with confidence."This is no business of yours, if you value your life and that of your Pokemon, I advise you turn back the way you came." The man digs into his jacket pocket and produces an Ultra ball which he tosses out in front of himself. The ball bursts open to reveal a bulky frog like Pokemon, a large swirling pattern occupies its chest."Although it has been a while since my Poliwrath has gotten a good workout, maybe I should just beat you to a pulp?" The Poliwrath narrows its eyes before giving its muscles a good flex, the Water type seemed just as confident as its trainer.

The two grunts turned to their commander, wondering whether they should assist him."Pay attention to that Druddigon you idiots, the sooner you finish it, the sooner we can reunite our friend here with his daughter." The grunts nod before turning their attention back to their own battle. The Mightyena continue to sink their fangs into the Druddigon, only to hurt themselves on its rough skin. The Druddigon continued to bat the canines away with its powerful claws, but just how long it could keep it up was uncertain.


Patches- While you struggle to determine exactly what the puzzle required you to do, luckily Mio was as decisive as ever and quickly worked it out. Not only that, she managed to convey her answer to you in a manner that was easy for you to understand, how considerate! Following Mio's direction you input the answer and finally hear a click as the lock is released. Pushing the door open you enter the next room, which is rather barren apart from the three doors on the opposite wall. You hear a strange scraping sound, turning to face it you are surprised to see the wallpaper being torn by an invisible force. You pause for a moment as the wallpaper continues to tear, soon you recognise that the tears aren't random, instead they are carving out letters.

Nearly there, pick a door, pick wisely

Having read the message already, Mio jumps down from your shoulder and makes her way over to inspect the doors for any clues. Starting at the door on the right, Mio sees what appears to be a water drop carved into the wood and what appeared to be a big smiley face. Moving across to the middle door, Mio found a flame carved into the door, as well as what seemed to be a surprised face. Moving onto the final door on the left, Mio quickly found a flower alongside a rather creepy looking straight face. Exactly what each symbol represented was up for interpretation but if the message was true then you were getting closer to Rika.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:52 PM   #310
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- With Bell being knocked unconscious you recall the Dewpider, he had fought well but this type matchup was one he was never going to win. Glimmer on the other hand had a chance at least, while she wasn't the great offensive presence, she was durable and resisted the Magneton's powerful electric attacks. With Jacob's Gligar holding a distinct advantage, it was up to Glimmer to hold on long enough for you to come out victorious. Madame Marsh's Magneton soon pressed the attack once more, spinning around as each of the three Magnemite's began to a coloured sphere of energy. Soon three orbs, one red, one blue and one yellow are sent spinning through the air towards the currently airborne Gligar.

"Dig now Gligar!" Jacob shoots out to his Pokemon, the Gligar quickly responds and dives down into the sand, avoiding the Tri Attack that almost clips it on the descent. Gligar soon disappears into the sand, obscured from sight as it digs around below. Glimmer begins to shimmer in a white light, biding her time as she waits for the Magneton to target her. Suddenly Gligar erupts from beneath the Magneton, slamming into its underside with a powerful super effective hit. The magnetic Pokemon groans, the power of these repetitive super effective strikes was beginning to wear it down.

Pushing on, the Magneton begins to spin, picking up speed it soon lets out a burst of sonic sound. A booming shockwave flies towards Glimmer, smashing into her and causing her to tumble back through the sand. Eventually the Seedot rights herself and the aura around her condenses and she retaliates with a powerful Bide beam. The energy slams into Marsh's Magneton, causing it to issue yet another groan of pain. Jacob could tell the Magneton was beginning to weaken, the boy was eager to put an end to it.

"Brick break now Gligar! Finish it!" Gligar leaps into the air, raising its claw as it prepares its final blow. The sand around Madame Marsh's feet is beginning to swirl around wildly, as if her growing anger and hatred is shaping it into something.

"If I go down, you all go down with me! EXPLOSION!" Magneton suddenly begins to glow. Jacob's Gligar slams its claw into the Steel type, causing a massive explosion that sends everyone flying backwards in a storm of sand. As the sand settles you find yourself slumped up against the edge of the arena, Jacob next to you. Glimmer is still standing somehow, perhaps she was far enough away from the explosion? The same can't be said for Jacob's Gligar, the ground type wasn't moving at all. Madame Marsh was lying face down in the sand across the otherside of the arena, her Magneton unconscious next to her.

Then you see it, where Madame Marsh stood, there is now a small red shovel sticking out of the sand. It began to spin, rising up out of the ground as sand began to gather below it. Before long the shovel seemed to be sucking in all the sand in the arena, growing to a staggering height as and eerie wail began to fill the cavern. Then you notice it, the growing pile of sand had eyes and what also appeared to be a mouth. Was it a Pokemon? Whatever it was it seemed angry, as if Madame Marsh's hateful grudge had flown into it. Looking over to Glimmer, you notice the little Seedot was beginning to glow, not like when she was using Sky Attack or Bide, this was something different, what could be happening to her?

Glimmer gained 2 levels
Sand. For a long moment, all on could see was sand. All one could feel was sand. All one could hear was a booming roar, then panicked screaming as people and pokemon were flung about, and then pelted with an unrelenting wave of sand. Then, just as swiftly as it started, the chaos came to an end- an eerie calm fell upon the arena.

Ami coughed a bit as she mustered enough strength to stand back up. Between the adrenaline, the electric shock, and now the violent explosion, she was really starting to feel worse for wear. She saw her seedot attempt to do the same, but... Jacob's gligar didn't seem to be doing the same. She sighed- comparing the two pokemon's damage levels prior to this fight, it was easy to see why the young man had lost. The poor thing just couldn't take that much of a beating...

Of course, she had to give credit where credit was due- if it weren't for their Ground Typed attacks, she never would've stood a chance. A small smile spread across her face as she looked across the arena- it seemed that the last attack hadn't knocked out just Gligar and Magneton, but Madame Marsh as well! Even if she did have other pokemon on her, se was in no shape to give orders at all. "We won..." The girl let out a weak laugh. "We actually won even that battle...!"

*Glimmerwood was elevated from Lv. 12 to Lv. 14!*
*Glimmerwood learned Nature Power!*

She was about to step toward Jacob to ask him if he was okay, only to have her already unsteady footing yanked from beneath her. "Uagh?" she cried out as she fell on her face again. Was the sand... moving? She looked up to see that she wasn't just imagining things- all of the sand in the cavern was being drug to a single point, dragging anything it could with it! "What the hell is going on now?!" Glimmer seemed to be handling shifting sands of disaster just fine, but not everyone coul-

Gloria. She most definitely couldn't fight against whatever was going on here! "Oh, no, this really isn't good!" Ami started to make her way towards the telepath's unconscious body as best she could, none too eager to find out if it was possible to drown in the grainy stuff- or to be ground up by a very possessed looking hand shovel, for that matter. Just as that thought crossed her mind, the phenomenon' true nature revealed itself. An eyemask-like batch of darker earth manifested itself near the top of the mound, allowing for one to see clearly defined eyes. Much of the rest of the mound opened up into a wide, triangular maw that loosed a terrible and angry sounding wail. A brilliant light appeared from the beast's side.

Wait, brilliant light? Judging from the thing's reaction, the glow was not its doing. A closer look revealed the truth behind the glow- where the shiny seedot once was now stood an humanoid entity with an orange mask-like marking and a leaf upon her head. Glimmer, as the entity seemed to be, flexed her the muscles in her new arms before glaring up at the massive sand mound. For a moment, it seemed like the beast wasn't the only one undergoing a bit of Growth, but there was no denying that the Wily Pokemon looked somehow stronger than she did just as she finished evolving. Satisfied with her preparations, Glimmerwood plucked the Leaf off of her head and hurled it at the newest enemy, hoping to damage the beast with its Razor sharp edge.

While Ami was most certainly proud of her pokemon's evolution, her terror about the situation dwarfed that pride as she continued to make her way to Gloria and drag the girl away from danger. Was that even possible at this point?

*Congratulations! Your Glimmerwood evolved into nuzleaf!*
*Glimmerwood learned Pound!*
*Glimmerwood learned Razor Leaf!*
*Glimmerwood learned Torment!*
*Glimmerwood learned Fake Out!*
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:09 AM   #311
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- Taking a moment to catch your breath, you recall Espy as you call out to the man threatening the man you assume is Grant. A smile crosses the man's face as he looks over at you, he doesn't seem at all worried by your appearance. The man doesn't even blink as you call out Scurvy, despite the Aipom's best attempts to look menacing as he stands atop your shoulders. "I'm sorry, who are you?" The man's voice is brimming with confidence."This is no business of yours, if you value your life and that of your Pokemon, I advise you turn back the way you came." The man digs into his jacket pocket and produces an Ultra ball which he tosses out in front of himself. The ball bursts open to reveal a bulky frog like Pokemon, a large swirling pattern occupies its chest."Although it has been a while since my Poliwrath has gotten a good workout, maybe I should just beat you to a pulp?" The Poliwrath narrows its eyes before giving its muscles a good flex, the Water type seemed just as confident as its trainer.

The two grunts turned to their commander, wondering whether they should assist him."Pay attention to that Druddigon you idiots, the sooner you finish it, the sooner we can reunite our friend here with his daughter." The grunts nod before turning their attention back to their own battle. The Mightyena continue to sink their fangs into the Druddigon, only to hurt themselves on its rough skin. The Druddigon continued to bat the canines away with its powerful claws, but just how long it could keep it up was uncertain.
As the leader of the Ribs’ group frowned at Gary’s entrance and demanded an introduction, Gary smiled. “My apologies, how rude of me. My name is Gary, and this is Scurvy. And we’re the ones who have been beating up your grunts all day!” Normally Gary wouldn’t act so brazenly towards a dangerous criminal, but he seemed to feed off of Scurvy’s energy, who was grinning madly and ready to go. The man smirked and sent out his own Pokemon, a Poliwrath to be precise.

Gary quickly whipped out his Pokedex and scanned the opponent. “Its percentage of body fat is nearly zero. Its body is entirely muscle, which makes it heavy and forces its swimming prowess to develop,” it recited in a monotone electronic voice. Gary was in awe of the powerful water Pokemon, but could not afford to allow his personal interests get in the way of the battle. On top of that, it wasn’t a favorable matchup for the small Aipom.

“Sorry buddy, but this one’s not your fight,” he began, addressing his Aipom. “But how about you cause some mayhem on your way out? Fake the frog Out and while it’s stunned, shock its systems with a deafening Screech! Use your agility to Run Away before it can react and then let’s Pass the Baton to Venu!” Scurvy was a little disappointed he would only be around for the beginning of this fight, but grinned and nodded anyway. “Aye!” he responded, flexing his tiny arms to mock his opponent while Gary’s fingers grasped his Ivysaur’s Luxury Ball, ready to throw it.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 06:30 PM   #312
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,924
Medmana- Glimmer evolves before your eyes, shedding her conservative, nut-like form as she transforms into a more formidable Pokemon. The newly evolved Nuzleaf seemed much more confident, as if it had found a new strength that it had been lacking before. As the Sandygast continues to rampage, you drag yourself through the sand in search for Gloria, the young psychic was likely being dragged into the sandy mass helplessly. Moving against the sand was far from easy, the sand was up around your knees, making each step a tremendous effort. While your eyes scan through the sand in a desperate search for Gloria, you make sure to occasionally check on Glimmer. The Nuzleaf seemed to be swelling with strength, her body seemed to expand as she increased her power with a quick growth spurt.

With the Sandygast continuing to absorb the sand in the arena to increase its own size and power, you find yourself getting dragged towards the center of the arena. Suddenly you catch sight of a mass of black hair, surely it had to be Gloria. Pulling yourself through the sand as fast as you can, you dive forward to wrap your arms around Gloria's unconscious body. You emerge from under the sand with your arms wrapped around Gloria, she seemed to be breathing but was still unconscious. As you begin dragging her back to the edge of the arena you keep your eyes on Glimmer. The Nuzlead was now going on the offensive, plucking the leaf from her head she sends it spinning upwards through the Sandygast's mouth. A large piece of the living sandcastle is cut loose by the razor sharp leaf, reducing the Sandygast's body size significantly. It lets out a pained wail as it focuses its eyes on the Pokemon that attacked it. A smaller pillar of sand suddenly erupts from in front of Glimmer, striking her with an astonishing blow that sends her tumbling backwards. As a new leaf sprouts from Glimmer's head, she feels the sand around her begin to churn. Before long she spinning around, stuck in a swirling tomb of sand. The abrasive force was causing her pain with each passing second, it seemed the Sandygast had found a new outlet for its rage. You reach the edge of the arena with Gloria as you watch Glimmer fight helplessly against the sand, could she handle this adversary alone?


Sandaa- As you introduce yourself to the Ribs administrator, the man's face remains blank, unimpressed by your brazen display of confidence."That doesn't surprise me at all, most of them are no better than a rookie trainer but I assure you I am cut from far superior cloth." Before the admin could issue orders to his Poliwrath, Scurvy leaps from your shoulder, somersaulting through the air before landing on the roof of a nearby building. Moving with startling speed he ran along the edge of the roof, jumping from one building to another as he closed the gap between himself and his adversary. Performing another somersault as he dismounts, Scurvy swings his tail around to strike with a startling blow, faking the Poliwrath out before it could even get started. Taking advantage of the stunned amphibian, Scurvy lets out an ear piercing screech, the sound leaves the Poliwrath shaking as it finds its defense lowered.

"Hypnosis" mutters the admin under his breath, it seems Scurvy coming into close quarters was exactly what he wanted. The Poliwrath pushes its stomach forward, the swirling pattern on its stomach begins to spin hypnotically. Scurvy tries to look away but it's too late, he quickly becomes captivated by the swirling pattern. Before long the Aipom tumbles backwards, snoring peacefully."Excellent work, now Bulk Up." The Poliwrath flexes its muscular body, swelling in size as it raises its attack and defense, somewhat covering the weakness that Scurvy had exposed."Perfect, now get stronger with a Power-up Punch." Holding no bar the Poliwrath leaps at the slumbering Scurvy, jamming a glowing fist into the Aipom's face as it crushes the Normal type into the pavement. The Poliwrath's muscles seem to grow even more, its attack was growing stronger which was going to be an issue in the long run."I'm surprised you managed to beat my grunts with that level of skill, surely you can do better than that?"

As the admin continues to mock you, you hear a howl and switch your attention over to the Mightyena and Druddigon. The Druddigon was on its back, one Mightyena had its fangs buried into its leg while the other sunk its teeth into the dragon's neck. The Druddigon swatted at the Mightyena on its chest with a dragon claw knocking it away however the dragon was looking worse for wear. Eventually managing to kick the other Dark type off of its leg, the Druddigon labours to pull itself back to its feet, blood was pooling around it from nasty wounds on its neck and leg, it seems the Mightyena's relentless attacks had managed to break through the rough skin of the Druddigon.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:56 PM   #313
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- Glimmer evolves before your eyes, shedding her conservative, nut-like form as she transforms into a more formidable Pokemon. The newly evolved Nuzleaf seemed much more confident, as if it had found a new strength that it had been lacking before. As the Sandygast continues to rampage, you drag yourself through the sand in search for Gloria, the young psychic was likely being dragged into the sandy mass helplessly. Moving against the sand was far from easy, the sand was up around your knees, making each step a tremendous effort. While your eyes scan through the sand in a desperate search for Gloria, you make sure to occasionally check on Glimmer. The Nuzleaf seemed to be swelling with strength, her body seemed to expand as she increased her power with a quick growth spurt.

With the Sandygast continuing to absorb the sand in the arena to increase its own size and power, you find yourself getting dragged towards the center of the arena. Suddenly you catch sight of a mass of black hair, surely it had to be Gloria. Pulling yourself through the sand as fast as you can, you dive forward to wrap your arms around Gloria's unconscious body. You emerge from under the sand with your arms wrapped around Gloria, she seemed to be breathing but was still unconscious. As you begin dragging her back to the edge of the arena you keep your eyes on Glimmer. The Nuzlead was now going on the offensive, plucking the leaf from her head she sends it spinning upwards through the Sandygast's mouth. A large piece of the living sandcastle is cut loose by the razor sharp leaf, reducing the Sandygast's body size significantly. It lets out a pained wail as it focuses its eyes on the Pokemon that attacked it. A smaller pillar of sand suddenly erupts from in front of Glimmer, striking her with an astonishing blow that sends her tumbling backwards. As a new leaf sprouts from Glimmer's head, she feels the sand around her begin to churn. Before long she spinning around, stuck in a swirling tomb of sand. The abrasive force was causing her pain with each passing second, it seemed the Sandygast had found a new outlet for its rage. You reach the edge of the arena with Gloria as you watch Glimmer fight helplessly against the sand, could she handle this adversary alone?

Ami sighed as she finally managed to get Gloria to steadier and safer ground. There as no telling what this fiend would do to anyone it had successfully gotten a hold of, but it most certainly wouldn't have been pretty. And speaking of not pretty, Madame Marsh didn't seem to be visible anymore, either. Ami wasn't sure whether she should be feeling the sense of satisfaction she got from the thought or not- this was likely a matter of life and death for the manipulative pokethief, after all!

Of course, it was too soon to be letting such thoughts run loose at the moment, as the pillar of sand suddenly bursting around Glimmerwood was quick remind her of. The newly-evolved nuzleaf had certainly proven herself to be exceptionally sturdy this evening, having withstood powerful Flail, Thunder, and Explosion attacks so far and still going at it! As much as Ami wanted to preserve her final pokemon in case some other surprise decided to rear its ugly head once this challenge was over with, it was almost certain that the Wily Pokemon was nearing the end of her line by now.

"Glimmerwood, that's enough! Return!" The Cyber Ball loosed its violet recall beam to drag its inhabitant back to safety, but the beam scattered uselessly against the vortex of silicon grains. "...What?" Ami tried a couple more times, but again and again the beam was bizarrely deflected. "Sh-she's trapped!"

The girl didn't know exactly what her pokemon could do in the new form quite yet, but Glimmer most certainly did. She called onto her last remaining teammate to aid her in Beating Up the living sand mound as she prepared to loose another Razor Leaf attack- the former acorn refused to let this trap hinder her ability to fight back! Ami refused to let herself get distracted quite yet- she needed to come up with a plan of her own!

She quickly pulled her bag out from beneath the hoodie and started to sift through it, looking for something, anything, that could make this ordeal less so. A Snow Globe, a TM for Aurora Veil, a green Gem that somehow felt a little Grassy... nothing of use seemed to be in there at all! In a state of rising disappointment at herself, she opened the pokeball pocket, and chanced upon an odd-looking color. She pulled out the offending green pokeball, and stared at its yellow curved line in attempt to remember exactly what it was. "This is... a Nest Ball, isn't it?" Now that she had put a name to the thing, she recalled something the peddler back at the Springtide Isle had said about it- supposedly, it was increasingly more effective at capturing wild pokemon the less experience it had. And if her suspicion's about this one's age were correct, then it didn't have much experience at all!

"Alright, let's see if you can end this early, for Glimmer's sake!" she declared as she chucked the ball at the shovel on the top of the monster's head. Hopefully she had spent her money wisely!
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:56 PM   #314
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 343
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Patches- While you struggle to determine exactly what the puzzle required you to do, luckily Mio was as decisive as ever and quickly worked it out. Not only that, she managed to convey her answer to you in a manner that was easy for you to understand, how considerate! Following Mio's direction you input the answer and finally hear a click as the lock is released. Pushing the door open you enter the next room, which is rather barren apart from the three doors on the opposite wall. You hear a strange scraping sound, turning to face it you are surprised to see the wallpaper being torn by an invisible force. You pause for a moment as the wallpaper continues to tear, soon you recognise that the tears aren't random, instead they are carving out letters.

Nearly there, pick a door, pick wisely

Having read the message already, Mio jumps down from your shoulder and makes her way over to inspect the doors for any clues. Starting at the door on the right, Mio sees what appears to be a water drop carved into the wood and what appeared to be a big smiley face. Moving across to the middle door, Mio found a flame carved into the door, as well as what seemed to be a surprised face. Moving onto the final door on the left, Mio quickly found a flower alongside a rather creepy looking straight face. Exactly what each symbol represented was up for interpretation but if the message was true then you were getting closer to Rika.
When the door actually clicks open, Mio is relieved. Patches was unfazed, she knew that Mio would be right so there was nothing to worry about. She was, however, beginning to feel a bit off, at first, she thought this was a game and that is still a possibility but the way Rika had looked before passing through this door earlier was still on her mind, and something just didn’t seem right about it. Her and Mio now found themselves inside of a mostly empty room with three doors. They all looked really interesting from where she was standing so she was about to get a closer look when suddenly she began to hear a ripping sound coming from behind her so she turns around. She watches as the wallpaper is being torn from the wall in order to spell out letters. Mio is getting even more nervous now, which she didn’t know was possible, meanwhile, Patches just watched with a bit of fascination.

“That was pretty neat! I’ve never seen anything like that before! So, it looks like we are going to have to pick one of these doors, Mio!” Patches nods as she reads the text. Mio had already hopped off of her shoulder and was now running up to each of the doors individually to examine them. They needed to choose wisely and she knew that being wise wasn’t exactly something that her trainer was known for being so she knew that she needed to take the lead. There were symbols that appeared to represent different elements on the doors as well as faces. When Mio saw that creepy straight face next to the flower, she knew that they needed to stay far away from that door, there was just something very off about it that gave her an uneasy feeling. So, it was down to the surprised face and the flame or the happy face and the water drop. She rubbed her chin deep in thought for a few seconds until finally deciding that the door with the happy face seemed to feel like the safest of the three.

Once her mind is made up, she turns around to get Patches’ attention, but she’s not behind her like she had thought. She looks around and then notices Patches standing directly in front of the creepy door with the flower. “This flower is so pretty!! I wonder if this door leads to some sort of garden!” Without any hesitation Patches begins to enter the door with the flower and the creepy looking straight face and it’s too late to go back now. “Pikaaaa…” Mio face palms for a moment and then hurries in behind her trainer.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #315
Raves
...try a little harder.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,514
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Let the earth shake, let the skies tremble, let the seas broil in turmoil.

Marshal's Headquarters.

Maskerade
: Far from intimidated by the nature of the Marshals, your response falls on deaf ears as the man before you ventures into the building. Having been snubbed, a foreign concept after so many years of fame, the action certainly pushes your resolve to follow the group in, with the thought that you're not taking something trivial. Hauling open the door and stepping inside, the entrance hall of the headquarters is just as hectic as outside, with the captured Shells being stripped down and searched for contraband before being shuttled away. The front desk practically covered in papers and assorted files, being quickly sifted through by the clerk and a metallic pokemon, the Metang utilising its incredible speed and intelligence to speed up the process without tiring, while over by the wall a large board stands saturated with countless advisory and help posters.

However, next to this board is one with more of an interest to you as you and your pokemon are drawn towards it. On this one is a number of mugshots, wanted posters as it were, of people considered 'low priority' targets, and a section with far fewer high priority targets. Taking a few minutes to skim over each, you fail to notice the same figure who met you outside had appeared behind you, clutching a folder in his hefty hand, with a roughshod bandage round the head. He looks down at you once again, before turning his attention to Vega, the larger than life Seviper eliciting a low whistle from the marshal.

"Never knew they could grrrrrow that big," he breathes. "Whatever, not my concern. I did hear your defence out there, and methinks we can find somethin' that will rrrrreally test you out, while at the same time helping the Marshals out...if you would be interrrrrested? If not, there's always those bounties. Common crrrrooks, unaffiliated. The low prrrriority ones simple thieves, the other hand being people exploiting the good people for their own selfish gains. Your call, boy."


Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: With impending doom coming your way, you and the group are all but agreed on getting the hell out of dodge. Swiftly turning away from the Claydol you, Meowth, Marvolo, Amanda and Andromeda begin to run as the green energy starts to sprout small flowers and grass beneath your feet, centred within the building. Within, a bulb of botanic energy begins to bloom and grow drastically, and your group only just gets out of range as the Starmie's gem glows, directing a spotlight away from you down the road. The culmination of energy and the field that has developed then swiftly explodes into a terrifying blast of petals and leaves that completely rips and shreds the building you were in apart, scattering small rocks and pebbles everywhere like buckshot, most of which is flung in the spotlight's direction. Given her closer proximity, Andromeda is caught in the outermost wave of the Z move, and is sent hurtling backwards, bouncing a couple of times and stopping in front of you as your group is showered in the rocks.

"Aaah! Th-that stings!" Amanda cries as you feel the rubble thump onto you, Meowth protesting loudly as he and Marv take what is effectively a rock throw of damage, but the Starmie looks a bit more battered, her commentary giving you information that said explosion was the Grass type Z-move, Bloom Doom, and that she'd have likely been destroyed had they still been within. She reassures you she's still good to go, though smarting from the super-effective hit, like a razor leaf barrage. Looking round, you're not at all surprised to see the terror in question hovering a little sluggishly, the crystals having gone grey on its body, and as Meowth call to you, hope fills you as the bottom of the stairwell lies before you.

Shaking herself off, Amanda begins to hurry for the stairs, as Andromeda supports her with a psychic helping hand, to her thanks, while Marvolo spews forth a blinding haze behind you to try and cover your tracks. As you begin to climb, leaving no mon behind, the ground pokemon hums in rage, not quite able to pinpoint you or the Seviper. Halfway up the stairs, the woman calls out, letting you know her and Andromeda are in the tunnel, and that it's too narrow for Claydol to continue its pursuit. Everything seems to be going smoothly.

Too smoothly.

"Oh my god, the ruins! They're collapsing!"

The devastation inflicted by the Claydol's Z-powered rampage had taken its toll on the city as the buildings still standing begin to crumble into a great sinkhole, one you and Marv wer mercifully a great distance from. Growing a little tired, you finally scale the top of the stairs and are about to join the girls and Meowth when the Scratch Cat cries out a warning, as you suddenly begin to float, gripped by some unknown force. No, the Claydol was exerting its natural psychic potential to seize you specifically, the crystals on its body in a similar pink hue...

Marvolo is having none of this, however, and dips into the darkest memories he can muster, when he was filled with his deepest hatred, be it Zangoose related or not. Filled with shadowy energy, the Seviper swings his bladed tail around, generating a dark storm that thrusts forward and slams into the pokemon attempting to crush you, and the evil energy is enough to make it seemingly howl in pain, relinquishing its grip on you. Amanda holds her arm out and helps you to your feet as you thank the Seviper for his help, only to behold a sight that grips you in genuine horror.

Having taken its attention away, the Claydol's Z-power hasn't faded, but instead turned to unleash its full force upon Marvolo, the Seviper caught in a sizable transparent field of psychedelic energy, unable to move, eyes darting around as the Fang Snake is helpless. With vicious flailing of its arms, the Claydol begins to slam the Seviper within the orb, each clash filling the air with his cries of pain and fear as you can only watch, before the Claydol ultimately thrusts towards you, the sphere disintegrating as Marvolo is flung into the frame of the tunnel and lands in a crumpled heap on the ground, trembling. Instinct kicks in as you rush to the downed pokemon, Andromeda scanning him all while the pokemon babbles hysterically, mentally shattered and physically thrashed by the immense power.

Fortunately, he yet lives, but is clearly in no shape to battle any further, and as the Starmie relays, it'll take some serious medical care to help him recuperate, his mind a jumbled mess as though he had seen and experienced horrific outcomes, none of which she is willing to probe. Amanda stands, hands over mouth as her eyes once more water in shock, while Meowth alerts you to the fact the Claydol's still hovering, crystals having already gained some semblance of colour, this time in a steely grey. Getting out of there would be a very wise idea, if you can recover from the trauma of seeing one of your strongest pokemon dispatched with relative ease by this hate-filled monstrosity...
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #316
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: With impending doom coming your way, you and the group are all but agreed on getting the hell out of dodge. Swiftly turning away from the Claydol you, Meowth, Marvolo, Amanda and Andromeda begin to run as the green energy starts to sprout small flowers and grass beneath your feet, centred within the building. Within, a bulb of botanic energy begins to bloom and grow drastically, and your group only just gets out of range as the Starmie's gem glows, directing a spotlight away from you down the road. The culmination of energy and the field that has developed then swiftly explodes into a terrifying blast of petals and leaves that completely rips and shreds the building you were in apart, scattering small rocks and pebbles everywhere like buckshot, most of which is flung in the spotlight's direction. Given her closer proximity, Andromeda is caught in the outermost wave of the Z move, and is sent hurtling backwards, bouncing a couple of times and stopping in front of you as your group is showered in the rocks.

"Aaah! Th-that stings!" Amanda cries as you feel the rubble thump onto you, Meowth protesting loudly as he and Marv take what is effectively a rock throw of damage, but the Starmie looks a bit more battered, her commentary giving you information that said explosion was the Grass type Z-move, Bloom Doom, and that she'd have likely been destroyed had they still been within. She reassures you she's still good to go, though smarting from the super-effective hit, like a razor leaf barrage. Looking round, you're not at all surprised to see the terror in question hovering a little sluggishly, the crystals having gone grey on its body, and as Meowth call to you, hope fills you as the bottom of the stairwell lies before you.

Shaking herself off, Amanda begins to hurry for the stairs, as Andromeda supports her with a psychic helping hand, to her thanks, while Marvolo spews forth a blinding haze behind you to try and cover your tracks. As you begin to climb, leaving no mon behind, the ground pokemon hums in rage, not quite able to pinpoint you or the Seviper. Halfway up the stairs, the woman calls out, letting you know her and Andromeda are in the tunnel, and that it's too narrow for Claydol to continue its pursuit. Everything seems to be going smoothly.

Too smoothly.

"Oh my god, the ruins! They're collapsing!"

The devastation inflicted by the Claydol's Z-powered rampage had taken its toll on the city as the buildings still standing begin to crumble into a great sinkhole, one you and Marv wer mercifully a great distance from. Growing a little tired, you finally scale the top of the stairs and are about to join the girls and Meowth when the Scratch Cat cries out a warning, as you suddenly begin to float, gripped by some unknown force. No, the Claydol was exerting its natural psychic potential to seize you specifically, the crystals on its body in a similar pink hue...

Marvolo is having none of this, however, and dips into the darkest memories he can muster, when he was filled with his deepest hatred, be it Zangoose related or not. Filled with shadowy energy, the Seviper swings his bladed tail around, generating a dark storm that thrusts forward and slams into the pokemon attempting to crush you, and the evil energy is enough to make it seemingly howl in pain, relinquishing its grip on you. Amanda holds her arm out and helps you to your feet as you thank the Seviper for his help, only to behold a sight that grips you in genuine horror.

Having taken its attention away, the Claydol's Z-power hasn't faded, but instead turned to unleash its full force upon Marvolo, the Seviper caught in a sizable transparent field of psychedelic energy, unable to move, eyes darting around as the Fang Snake is helpless. With vicious flailing of its arms, the Claydol begins to slam the Seviper within the orb, each clash filling the air with his cries of pain and fear as you can only watch, before the Claydol ultimately thrusts towards you, the sphere disintegrating as Marvolo is flung into the frame of the tunnel and lands in a crumpled heap on the ground, trembling. Instinct kicks in as you rush to the downed pokemon, Andromeda scanning him all while the pokemon babbles hysterically, mentally shattered and physically thrashed by the immense power.

Fortunately, he yet lives, but is clearly in no shape to battle any further, and as the Starmie relays, it'll take some serious medical care to help him recuperate, his mind a jumbled mess as though he had seen and experienced horrific outcomes, none of which she is willing to probe. Amanda stands, hands over mouth as her eyes once more water in shock, while Meowth alerts you to the fact the Claydol's still hovering, crystals having already gained some semblance of colour, this time in a steely grey. Getting out of there would be a very wise idea, if you can recover from the trauma of seeing one of your strongest pokemon dispatched with relative ease by this hate-filled monstrosity...
Andromeda set to work immediately, generating a Spotlight to divert the devastation the hell away from them. And for the most part, it worked, though the debris from the move flew in every direction- even just getting grazed by the powerful technique sent the Starmie flying, and Amanda was stung by stone shrapnel. "GAH!" Keith grunted as he too felt the stinging barrage of rubble.

"Ow! Ow! Son of a-" Meowth exclaimed while Marvolo hissed his displeasure, and in doing so let slip a rather impressive array of swearwords, from which Keith immediately learned exactly why Meowth was so often unwilling to translate Marvolo's speech for others.

"Gah," Keith grunted again when the attack died down. "What in the-"

That was the Grass-type Z-Move- Bloom Doom, Andromeda told them telepathically. And judging by the power levels, had I not diverted the worst of it with Spotlight, we would no longer be among the living.

"Good times," Keith remarked. "You good to go?"

I am, the Starmie confirmed. The damage I took was no picnic, but I am by no means out.

"Keith! Come on!" exclaimed Meowth, even as Keith looked over at the indescribably horrific Claydol, seeing, to his relief, how sluggishly the Ground/Psychic-type moved now. The Z-Crystals on its body had gone a dull grey. Filled with optimistic hope once more, Keith nodded and followed Meowth. Andromeda helped Amanda out with Psychic, while Marvolo tried to cover their tracks with Haze. The group began to climb the stairs, nobody left behind, and Amanda even informed Keith that they were all safely in the tunnel, and that said tunnel was too narrow for the Claydol to pursue them.

Alas, Keith should have guessed that this run of good luck had to run out soon. At the horrified cry that the ruins were collapsing, Keith had a bad feeling, and said feeling only got worse as a telekinetic force took hold of him, and he had a sinking feeling that this was not Andromeda's doing. Indeed, he could see that Claydol's Z-Crystals were glowing pink now...

"Oh, no, you don't!" Marvolo hissed angrily. He whipped up a forceful Shadow Storm that hit Claydol hard, and more to the point, got Claydol to let go.

Keith accepted Amanda's hand and her help getting back up. "Thanks," he said to her. "You, too, Marv, that was awesome. Now let's get the Distortion World outta he- MARV!"

For at that moment, Keith could see that his Seviper was being targeted specifically by Claydol's next onslaught. This time, a powerful Psychic technique that froze the poor Seviper in place while Claydol pummeled it mercilessly. Keith could do nothing. The energy field surrounding Marvolo repelled the Christmas Ball's recall beam. Marvolo couldn't move, couldn't fight back, nothing. And then, when the attack finally concluded, Marvolo was unceremoniously thrown to the ground in a crumpled heap.

"No! NO!" Keith exclaimed, fearful for Marvolo's life as he raced to the Seviper's side. He breathed a bit easier once he saw that Marvolo was still alive, but only a little- the Seviper was babbling hysterically, mind thoroughly scrambled by the intense attack.

He will be all right, Andromeda relayed to Keith after her examination of her teammate. He will need significant medical attention, but I like his chances very much.

"Keith! W-We gotta get outta here!" Meowth said urgently. "Claydol's gearin' up fer another Z-Move! C'mon," he added, for Keith did not turn his worried gaze away from his utterly defeated Seviper. "Marv'll be fine, he's tough, ain't nobody knows dat more den us, ya dig?"

"...Right. You're right, Meowth," Keith nodded. A bit shakily, yes, but he knew the Scratch Cat Pokémon's words to be truth. Marvolo was tough. Indeed, to survive a super effective Z-Move delivered with murderous intent, he had to be tough. He would recover from these injuries, and Keith knew Marvolo would be OK mentally, too. For now, however, the best place for Marvolo was within the confines of his Christmas Ball. And he'd only have a chance of recovering if they were able to make it out with their lives. "Come back now, Marvolo," Keith said, holding out the Christmas Ball, withdrawing the Poison-type. "Alright," he added, addressing the others. "Meowth's right- we gotta get outta here and fast. Andromeda, keep helping Amanda with Psychic, OK? If Claydol tries anything, you can set up Reflect and Light Screen to try and weaken its attacks."

Understood, Andromeda responded. Let's go, then, she added. And Keith and Meowth were more than ready to go. Go as far away from that hateful Z-Crystal-studded Claydol as possible.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:08 PM   #317
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- As you introduce yourself to the Ribs administrator, the man's face remains blank, unimpressed by your brazen display of confidence."That doesn't surprise me at all, most of them are no better than a rookie trainer but I assure you I am cut from far superior cloth." Before the admin could issue orders to his Poliwrath, Scurvy leaps from your shoulder, somersaulting through the air before landing on the roof of a nearby building. Moving with startling speed he ran along the edge of the roof, jumping from one building to another as he closed the gap between himself and his adversary. Performing another somersault as he dismounts, Scurvy swings his tail around to strike with a startling blow, faking the Poliwrath out before it could even get started. Taking advantage of the stunned amphibian, Scurvy lets out an ear piercing screech, the sound leaves the Poliwrath shaking as it finds its defense lowered.

"Hypnosis" mutters the admin under his breath, it seems Scurvy coming into close quarters was exactly what he wanted. The Poliwrath pushes its stomach forward, the swirling pattern on its stomach begins to spin hypnotically. Scurvy tries to look away but it's too late, he quickly becomes captivated by the swirling pattern. Before long the Aipom tumbles backwards, snoring peacefully."Excellent work, now Bulk Up." The Poliwrath flexes its muscular body, swelling in size as it raises its attack and defense, somewhat covering the weakness that Scurvy had exposed."Perfect, now get stronger with a Power-up Punch." Holding no bar the Poliwrath leaps at the slumbering Scurvy, jamming a glowing fist into the Aipom's face as it crushes the Normal type into the pavement. The Poliwrath's muscles seem to grow even more, its attack was growing stronger which was going to be an issue in the long run."I'm surprised you managed to beat my grunts with that level of skill, surely you can do better than that?"

As the admin continues to mock you, you hear a howl and switch your attention over to the Mightyena and Druddigon. The Druddigon was on its back, one Mightyena had its fangs buried into its leg while the other sunk its teeth into the dragon's neck. The Druddigon swatted at the Mightyena on its chest with a dragon claw knocking it away however the dragon was looking worse for wear. Eventually managing to kick the other Dark type off of its leg, the Druddigon labours to pull itself back to its feet, blood was pooling around it from nasty wounds on its neck and leg, it seems the Mightyena's relentless attacks had managed to break through the rough skin of the Druddigon.
This reply is brought to you by Morton Salt lol

Gary frowned and bit his lip as Scurvy slept on the ground despite having been just punched in the face by a super effective hit. His strategy had gone far from how he envisioned it, and he wondered how a startled, deafened, and disoriented Poliwrath was able to both understand his trainer’s orders and then concentrate well enough to hypnotize the Aipom who was supposed to be using his natural Ability to Run Away, but that would be an argument for another day. Maybe the gods were conspiring against him or something.

Letting out a sigh, Gary recalled Scurvy into his Premier Ball. Despite the failed ending, his strategy had pulled off successfully up until that point, so Gary ignored the opponent’s cockiness. “You did a good job, Scurvy,” he whispered into the pokeball before pulling out a familiar Psychic Ball. “Change of plans. Let ‘em have it, Espy!” Locked-in and ready to take on his opponent with the full extent of his Pokemon’s powers, Gary tossed the ball to reveal his Espeon in a bright flash. Espy quietly sat there and studied his opponent as the gem on his forehead glimmered.

“Alright Espy, let’s take them down!” Gary called out as the Espeon’s tail swished back and forth. “We’re going to start by negating his physical strength! Use your Baby-Doll Eyes to soften its resolve and then take out its vision with a Flash! Stay on your feet and be ready for anything! Finally I want you to maintain your distance and Calm your Mind!” Espy quietly nodded as he listened to his trainer’s orders. Gary watched on, hoping his strategy would go more according to plan this time around.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:24 PM   #318
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,311
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: The danger of discovery at hand, you opt to grab some form of disguise to blend in with the Shells, while Silas stands ready to defend you should things go south. Pinning the bullet to your breast and throwing the hat on your head, you inwardly hope that the plan works as the footsteps reach the corner and something steps round.

The something just so happens to indeed be a pair of Shells, who look at you quizzically, the awkward pause broken as you take what chance you have to give them a casual nod.

"Never seen you before," one of the spits, while the other nudges them in the side.

"They must be one of his lads. You know what sort of **** they get up to, having to ditch their pins to evade the fuzz. Look, even has the dark type they're expected to have."

"Hrmph. Whatever, just get your arse out of here back up to barracks before Chief starts asking what's keeping you." With that, the pair continue past you, clearly on patrol. Once out of sight, Silas lets down his guard, your deception successful for now. Retracing your steps, you decide to consult with whatever this chief figure is, putting Neemee to the wayside, given that the enigma, given the ghost claim, would be able to evade their sights. Heading back to the split, you head through past the cells, taking a look at each one and each occupant.

The cells by contrast seem fairly well kept, with a bed, seat and table, a small lantern - which Silas is quick to point out host a candle burning with violet fire - and some small amenities. The people within also seem relatively up to date, not in much mistreatment, and eye you with curiosity, envy and indifference. For a group potentially related to the Rockets, their prisoners seem to be kept well enough, though each one does also bear the shell insignia.

The occupied catacombs continue for some distance, with the occasional patrolling guard giving you a dock of the hat, as you seem to have fooled the crew. A staircase before you houses a thick door, and no guards are in sight. However, before you can ascend, a whisper catches your attention. Looking round, you can see one of the people in the cells beckoning you over, and the way he's looking at you gives you the impression he's aware of your ruse. It is your call whether to ignore the apparent prisoner or to continue up the stairwell into the sanctum proper.
It was definitely a good call for Michael to don the disguise because the incoming arrivals were residents of the place, as expected, two Shell grunts on what seemed to be a routine patrol. "Never seen you before," one of them jeered at Michael, spitting at the ground which elicited a nervous growl from Silas as he started to tense up. "They must be one of his lads," the second grunt spoke up, elbowing the first. "You know what sort of **** they get up to, having to ditch their pins to evade the fuzz. Look, even has the dark type they're expected to have."
"Hrmph. Whatever, just get your arse out of here back up to barracks before Chief starts asking what's keeping you."

Thankfully, the conversation ended there, and the two walked past Michael and Silas, allowing them a moment to relax; this disguise might come in handy multiple times while they were here. "That was close," Michael sighed. "Wonder who this 'Chief' is that they were talking about. Definitely a leader of some kind..."
"Should we get back to looking for your...rag friend?" asked Silas.
"They can take care of themselves, let's look back at those cells instead."

For prison cells, not to mention the prisoners themselves, everything seemed to be in good shape, especially considering everyone stuck inside were also Shell members, which begged the question: why was the Shell gang putting their own people in prison cells? "Michael, the lanterns!" Silas barked out. "Are they supposed to have purple flames in them?"
"Hm, I don't know," Michael muttered. For whatever reason, purple flames sounded familiar to him, but he couldn't figure out why...

The hallway ended with a few stairs and a large door, with no guards stationed at the door, at least on their side. "Psst!" the two could hear from one of the cells, and they looked back to see a man waving his hand to call them to him, and given his expression he seemed to see through Michael's disguise, at least the one painting him as a Shell. Hopefully that was the only disguise he saw through...

He doubled back to the man and whispered, "What do you want? Other than telling me how crappy my look is, I mean." Silas also walked up and began to register the man's scent from the other side of the cell door. "While you're at it, you mind telling me what you're even doing stuck in a cell? I'm pretty new to the place, so I don't know what's going on around here."
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:28 AM   #319
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,924
Medmana- After a failed attempt to recall Glimmer, you realize the Nuzleaf is going to have to fight her way out of the Sandygast's trap. The Grass type began to fuel herself with energy from her partners. Even though one had been knocked unconscious and another had been left in really bad shape, they along with the rest gave her the power to fight back against the sand. With forceful punches the Nuzleaf began to beat back the sand, the dark typing of the attack was proving effective. Before long the Nuzleaf was free from the swirling section of sand, much to the Sandygast's dismay.

The monstrous sandcastle let out a roar of sand, intending to obscure its assailants sight. But nothing seems to be able to stop Glimmer at this point, the Nuzleaf pulls the leaf from her head once more, using it to shield her eyes as she prepares to attack. Went the storm of sand stops, Glimmer lets the leaf fly, sending it spinning like a buzzsaw towards the main body of the beast. Glimmer's aim is true and it seems as if she was targeting something. The leaf cuts through the sand just below the shovel, sending the tool tumbling through the air. As soon as the shovel leaves the sand, the Sandygast crumbles, unable to maintain its swollen body. The shovel eventually lands back in the sand, but as the ghost pulls its body back together it is nowhere near as large.

This was the moment you had been waiting for. You toss the Nest ball at the Ground type. Your aim is just as good as Glimmer's you nail it right on the shovel, causing the ball to snap open and draw the Pokemon inside. The ball lands in the sand and begins to shake, you watch nervously. It almost seems like the Sandygast is going to burst out, but then suddenly the ball steadies and a resounding click confirms the capture.

You caught a level 14 Female Sandygast with the ability Water Compaction



Patches- Mio had done her best to decipher the clues that had been left for you, but in the end it turned out to be fruitless as you decide to head through and entirely different door. It gives no resistance, swinging straight open to reveal a dark room, slightly illuminated by some luminescent mushrooms. The floor is covered with a thick coating of grass, providing a soft terrain. Mio quickly rushes between your legs, clearly disappointed that you didn't listen to her. She perks up her ears as she looks around the room, something seemed off. The Pikachu padded around the room, nose the ground it looked as if she could smell something.

Mio was intent on locating something in the room, but from what you could tell the room was empty. All of a sudden the Pikachu makes a beeline for the largest luminescent Mushroom. Her nose twitched as she began to sniff the mushroom, then suddenly, chuckling began to fill the room. Mio sprung backwards, startled first by the sound and then by the sight as the mushroom sprouted arms and legs. You find yourself staring at a rather blank, alien-like face. Spores wafted from the uncovered Shiinotic, it seems you weren't alone in here after all! The illuminating Pokemon immediately ingrained itself into the ground before pointing its long fingers at Mio. Glowing green tendrils stretch from its finger tips and wrap around the Pikachu, immediately draining her vitality. It seems you had walked into a bit of a trap....


Sandaa- With your plan working out nowhere near how you had intend, you are left with no other option but to recall Scurvy. The Aipom would certainly be a 'Salty Seadog', when he woke up, but he had done an alright job anyway. A red beam of light retrieves the slumbering simian, replacing his premierball you retrieve Espy's psychicball and toss it into in front of yourself. The Espeon had only been in the ball for a short time, he knew the situation was serious. The Poliwrath flexed its muscles as it eyed off its new opponent, this would be a bit tougher for it.

"Really? Relying on a type advantage? Just when I was starting to think I was up against someone with an ounce of skill." The admin chuckled, but then Espy got to work. He quickly batted his eyes at the Poliwrath, catching the bulky fighting type off guard. That surely lowered the boxer's attack, somewhat diminishing his prior gains and evening out the playing field. The admin reacted quickly to the ploy though, he wasn't going to let this devolve into a statfest."Spread a Mist out Poliwrath, let's not let them take all of our gains away. Then give it a Bubblebeam as you close in for a Body Slam."

The admin was clearly a strategist, he was quick to analyze your strategy and counter it. The Poliwrath exhaled a thick mist, filling the street and somewhat obscuring your vision. The Druddigon and Mightyena faded from sight, you could still hear the occasional yelp, howl and roar as they continued to fight. Espy could still see the Poliwrath, it was likely easier for him with his great vision, while also likely aided by his psychic senses. His gem let out a blinding flash as he tried to lower the Poliwrath's accuracy, however the mist seemed to prevent the light from penetrating. Suddenly a torrent of bubbles came shooting towards him, they hit him at first before he jumps backwards, almost slipping on the soapy residue as he lands. Espy can sense his opponent getting closer, he calms his mind, heightening his sense of awareness, as well as his special attack and defense. You catch sight of the Poliwrath's bulking blue body as he soars through the air. Espy knows it is coming and attempts a sidestep. Unfortunately the soapy residue beneath his feet causes him to slip, leaving him helpless as the Poliwrath comes crashing down, pinning the helpless Psychic type. Espy cried out in pain, while unable to get free he at least wasn't paralyzed.

"Excellent Poliwrath", exclaimed the admin, for some reason you could still see the sly smirk on his smug face."Follow up with a Seismic Toss, then Double Slap it silly."
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:35 PM   #320
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- After a failed attempt to recall Glimmer, you realize the Nuzleaf is going to have to fight her way out of the Sandygast's trap. The Grass type began to fuel herself with energy from her partners. Even though one had been knocked unconscious and another had been left in really bad shape, they along with the rest gave her the power to fight back against the sand. With forceful punches the Nuzleaf began to beat back the sand, the dark typing of the attack was proving effective. Before long the Nuzleaf was free from the swirling section of sand, much to the Sandygast's dismay.

The monstrous sandcastle let out a roar of sand, intending to obscure its assailants sight. But nothing seems to be able to stop Glimmer at this point, the Nuzleaf pulls the leaf from her head once more, using it to shield her eyes as she prepares to attack. Went the storm of sand stops, Glimmer lets the leaf fly, sending it spinning like a buzzsaw towards the main body of the beast. Glimmer's aim is true and it seems as if she was targeting something. The leaf cuts through the sand just below the shovel, sending the tool tumbling through the air. As soon as the shovel leaves the sand, the Sandygast crumbles, unable to maintain its swollen body. The shovel eventually lands back in the sand, but as the ghost pulls its body back together it is nowhere near as large.

This was the moment you had been waiting for. You toss the Nest ball at the Ground type. Your aim is just as good as Glimmer's you nail it right on the shovel, causing the ball to snap open and draw the Pokemon inside. The ball lands in the sand and begins to shake, you watch nervously. It almost seems like the Sandygast is going to burst out, but then suddenly the ball steadies and a resounding click confirms the capture.

You caught a level 14 Female Sandygast with the ability Water Compaction
The air of panic that filled the arena seemed to finally dissipate as the monster was struck with multiple green projectiles, giving way for one of tense anticipation as it was sucked into the one Ami threw. The tension was far more intense than what the feeling surrounding the capture of Kodiac, more closely resembling the tales she had heard from passing trainers elsewhere. The Nest Ball hesitated after its third shake, prolonging the moment of truth- more experienced people claim that they always feel like this was the moment where it feels like the pokemon was most likely to escape, and it was clear from her stance that Glimmer had that same suspicion...

*Click!*

The capture's confirmation seemed to resound throughout the cavern now that the beast within it and the Marshals had mostly emptied it out. Ami let out a long sigh of relief and started to move towards claiming her prize... only to fall on her face as the last scene's adrenaline drained from her body. "Oof! I didn't think I was that weak..."

Glimmer picked up the ball instead and placed it within the weary trainer's reach before laying down herself- the nuzleaf had certainly been through a lot this evening as well. "You did amazing out there tonight, Glimmer," Ami murmured, earning a tired nod- evidently, the nuzleaf was also starting to lose the buzz. "Here, have the rest of tonight to yourself." The girl recalled the Wily Pokemon, grabbed the Nest ball, and painfully slipped both into her bag before slowly standing up.

"Jacob, I think it's high time we left this place," she called, trying not to let her pain get in the way too much. "Can you carry Gloria, please?"

*Gotcha! ??? was caught!*
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:42 AM   #321
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- With your plan working out nowhere near how you had intend, you are left with no other option but to recall Scurvy. The Aipom would certainly be a 'Salty Seadog', when he woke up, but he had done an alright job anyway. A red beam of light retrieves the slumbering simian, replacing his premierball you retrieve Espy's psychicball and toss it into in front of yourself. The Espeon had only been in the ball for a short time, he knew the situation was serious. The Poliwrath flexed its muscles as it eyed off its new opponent, this would be a bit tougher for it.

"Really? Relying on a type advantage? Just when I was starting to think I was up against someone with an ounce of skill." The admin chuckled, but then Espy got to work. He quickly batted his eyes at the Poliwrath, catching the bulky fighting type off guard. That surely lowered the boxer's attack, somewhat diminishing his prior gains and evening out the playing field. The admin reacted quickly to the ploy though, he wasn't going to let this devolve into a statfest."Spread a Mist out Poliwrath, let's not let them take all of our gains away. Then give it a Bubblebeam as you close in for a Body Slam."

The admin was clearly a strategist, he was quick to analyze your strategy and counter it. The Poliwrath exhaled a thick mist, filling the street and somewhat obscuring your vision. The Druddigon and Mightyena faded from sight, you could still hear the occasional yelp, howl and roar as they continued to fight. Espy could still see the Poliwrath, it was likely easier for him with his great vision, while also likely aided by his psychic senses. His gem let out a blinding flash as he tried to lower the Poliwrath's accuracy, however the mist seemed to prevent the light from penetrating. Suddenly a torrent of bubbles came shooting towards him, they hit him at first before he jumps backwards, almost slipping on the soapy residue as he lands. Espy can sense his opponent getting closer, he calms his mind, heightening his sense of awareness, as well as his special attack and defense. You catch sight of the Poliwrath's bulking blue body as he soars through the air. Espy knows it is coming and attempts a sidestep. Unfortunately the soapy residue beneath his feet causes him to slip, leaving him helpless as the Poliwrath comes crashing down, pinning the helpless Psychic type. Espy cried out in pain, while unable to get free he at least wasn't paralyzed.

"Excellent Poliwrath", exclaimed the admin, for some reason you could still see the sly smirk on his smug face."Follow up with a Seismic Toss, then Double Slap it silly."
Gary’s opponent was a dangerous man who shouldn’t be taken lightly, and Gary was taking the battle seriously like he would any opponent no matter who it was. However, he couldn’t help but burst out laughing at the admin’s comments during the in-battle banter. “Hahaha! You’re joking, right?” He put his hands on his knees before holding up a hand apologetically. “This guy sends out a Poliwrath against my Aipom and has the nerve to complain about me switching into a type advantage,” he mused to himself out loud.

Meanwhile, Espy had his paws full with the Poliwrath, but things were going more or less as Gary expected them to. He had all the confidence in the world in his Espeon, after all. “Whew, excuse me,” Gary said, catching his breath. “Okay Espy, let’s show them how a type advantage works. When Poliwrath comes at you, keep your distance and catch him with a Psychic before he can reach you. When it makes its second attempt on you, blast it back with a Psybeam! Once it’s done coming at you, Calm your Mind again!”

Espy quietly nodded and swished his forked tail back and forth. His eyes never left his target, maintaining his full focus while the gem on his forehead picked up movements in the air current. While he was unable to physically see what was going on beyond the Mist, his gem was detecting all kinds of movements from the Druddigon and Mightyenas. However, that wasn’t important at the moment, so Espy blocked them out of his mind as he prepared to hold off the Poliwrath’s incoming attacks.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:22 PM   #322
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,924
Sandaa- Espy struggles beneath the weight of the Poliwrath, but soon he feels relief as the Poliwrath rises. It is a short lived relief though as the Poliwrath grabs on Espy's tail before he can get away. Espy looks at you with distress as the Poliwrath pulls him off the ground. Suddenly the Espeon's eyes ignite with Psychic energy. Twisting his body around, Espy lets loose a wave of psychic energy which slams into the Poliwrath's stomach. The blow causes it to let go of Espy as it is flung backwards. Espy lands gracefully on the ground, he was intent not to let the Poliwrath get that close to him again. That wasn't going to be an easy task however, as the Poliwrath was quick to get back to its feet and was rushing back through the mist towards the Psychic type.

Fists raised and ready to strike, the Poliwrath prepares to give Espy the slapping of a lifetime. The Espeon isn't too keen on that though, his gem glistens before he lets loose a colourful beam of psychic energy. The Poliwrath charges straight into the beam, groaning as it battles against the force of it. Step by step he gets closer, despite Espy's best efforts the Poliwrath eventually gets into melee range. A massive gloved fist comes swinging around, catching Espy in the side of the head and sending him tumbling to the side. Before he can gather himself the Poliwrath strikes again, hitting with one fist, than the other, a relentless onslaught. Eventually the Poliwrath comes to a stop, despite the all the physical exertion, it didn't seemed to be tired at all. It's body was showing signs of damage however. Espy was slowly working it down, but it was hard to tell who has going to go down first. The Espy pauses once again, taking a moment to calm its mind and strengthen itself, the boost might be just what he needs to overcome his opponent.

Through the mist you can see faint flashes of light coming from where the Druddigon and Mightyena were battling. Moments later you hear yelps of pain, perhaps the Druddigon was beginning to take control of the fight?

__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.