UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2017, 06:50 PM   #176
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,925
Maskerade- The Lombre seem delighted when you accept their offer, they happily toss you the Big Pearl before each picking up a Water Stone. They head off down the beach, big grins on their faces, they had profited from the little exchange. With nothing to stop them from making their delivery for the Gastrodon, the Staryu and Munchlax make their way back towards the hot springs.

This time they manage to make it through the entrance without being stopped. Weaving their way through the crowds of Pokemon, they eventually spot a large gathering of Quagsire taking up one of the larger pools of bubbling hot water. As you produce the package, one of the larger Quagsires lifts herself out of the water to collect it.

"About time our delivery got here!" As the Quagsire shouted in a loud but derpy voice, the rest of the group turn to watch the fallout."We were promised this delivery hours ago, you can forget a tip, this is terrible service!" The Quagsire snatches the parcel out of the Munchlax's arms and tears it open, revealing the contents for the whole group to see. A sea of gummis spill onto the ground, resulting in a stampede of hungry Quagsire. Thinking it wise to give the Quagsires some space, you turn around and make your way back towards the Gastrodon's shop.

The Gastrodon are waiting patiently when you return and are more than pleased to hear that you delivered the package and dealt with the Lombre in the process."Great work you two, we can't thank you enough", cheers the pink Gastrodon."Here", adds the blue Gastrodon,"take this as your reward!" The Gastrodon plops a small purple bag with a drawstring onto the counter. Munchlax gives the drawstring a tug and some Soft Sand pours out of the bag."Well, time for us to shut up shop for the day, thanks for your help!" The blue Gastrodon bids you farewell, pulling a lever that results in a large closed sign falling down over the front of the shop. Munchlax just manages to snap up the Soft Sand in time, it seems their dealings with the Gastrodon were over.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:02 AM   #177
Naruxami
Looking cool, Joker!
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Frosty Fjord - Surrounding the western docks are tall cliffs that dip into the seas below. Due to the largely leeward positioning of these cliffs and the winds the long shadows they cast over the seas below, the area is a good bit colder than the rest of the island, but just cold enough to accommodate the average Ice-type without making most Pokémon too uncomfortable. Some claim these fjords to be haunted by the souls of those who have crashed against their rocky faces, and while these claims are unsubstantiated for the most part, Ghost Pokémon do seem to be attracted to the area, particularly to the occasional abandoned shipwrecks that can be found deep within the fjords... Please use azure.
Absinthe | Ezra | Momo

Cheeky's Pokemon stepped out onto the icy plains, it wasn't too cold to be unpleasant... but the Pokemon still found it uncomfortable. All except Ezra, who seemed to be having the time of his life. He floated around, taking note of his two female companions and playing off of it just to annoy them. He knew of the rumours surrounding this place, all the hauntings... he was sure it was just some ghost Pokemon who loved to cook up a good prank. He glanced at the two girls, Momo in particular seemed to be shaking in her boots. He drifted over to her, gazing at her pink fur.

"Are you cold, darling?" He asked, always the charmer. Absinthe scoffed and stuck her nose in the air... she never seemed to like any males that came her way. Although on a team of all girls except for himself... who could blame her? Momo froze for a moment before making eye contact with Ezra, she could see a large grin plastered across his smug face. He had been riling them up with ghost stories since they got here! How was she supposed to stay calm and explore when he was acting like this?

"N-no!" She stammered out, looking down towards the ground. Her paw pads were getting a little chilly... maybe she should've worn those little mittens that Cheeky bought for her. "I'm j-just... excited!" She gave a false grin, she was sure Ezra could see right through it but she didn't exactly want him to mock her any further. Ezra laughed to himself, he loved bothering Momo! She was so easy to read... and that pitiful ability she had made her so greatly uncomfortable. It was fun to just pick at her like a dry scab, but he knew eventually she might get upset. He glanced ahead, there was really nothing in sight... it was impossible to tell if they would find anything of interest. Why had Cheeky decided here of all places? She was such a sweet girl... you'd think she'd want them to explore the Starlight Summit and maybe snap a few photos or something --- not some spooky frozen fjord. Although, Ezra really didn't mind. It was his kind of place. And the ghost types fluttering around reminded him of home, flourishing with his ghost type companions and brothers. Now, he was stuck with three girls who were all brats. Cheeky was quite sweet, but there was something about her he couldn't place... something just felt, off, about their trainer.

"Are we there yet?" Piped up Absinthe, her gruff voice could probably be heard from miles away. She was obviously not thrilled on coming... it made Ezra wonder why Cheeky had sent her. Mei certainly didn't get to come out as much... and her calm temperament would be greatly appreciated out here in the cold. Ezra sighed and looked ahead, ignoring Absinthe --- he could practically hear her fur bristling from here. He wondered what sort of goodies they would find out here...
__________________


tumblr fizzy bubbles backloggery steam
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: asteiri.#7574

Spoiler: show

Isaac's Team
Spoiler: show

Cheeky's Team
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #178
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
(So sorry for the late updates qwq)

lilbluecorsola:

Kanna thinks on how to help for a bit, before deciding on a good course of action to get the Caterpie out of the ship. Even if it didn't work, it was their best shot at getting them out without resorting to violence. With their resolve in place, the trio are led to the haul of the ship in order to deal with the infestation. The bug-types are scattered around the cargo hold, with at least twelve of them being seen. Most of them have fabrics in their mouths, eating through what they could get their little mouths onto. It seems that all of them are completely famished, from their ravenous looks and how quickly the textiles are being devoured.

Putting the plan into action, Kanna, Yufi, and Kief all put their efforts together into charming the bugs. Hearts start to fly through the ship, and the Caterpie are soon captivated by Kanna. With the helping hands of her Zigzagoon companions, she uses Follow Me. With a little wave of her finger, all the Caterpie flock towards her. The Furret then makes her way back through the ship, the horde of Caterpie following her like how small goslings would for their mother. The two Zigzagoon trail at the end of the horde, to make sure there are no stragglers left on the ship. The Chansey is relieved when the Caterpie all come off the ship, and gives Kanna a gleeful expression.

"Thank you so much!" She exclaims, and the Lopunny from earlier soon approaches the trio.

"Here, I think this would suit you for what you've done," the rabbit says, handing Kanna a Silk Scarf. "The Caterpie didn't seem to touch the box the scarves were in, and apparently they were over ordered. I hope you enjoy this!"

With all that said and done, there was still one problem left. The Caterpie horde remained, all looking at Kanna with expecting eyes. A faint voice could be heard from one.

"Mama."

And soon, the crowd erupted.

"Mama! Mama! Mama!" They all cheered while looking at Kanna. Maybe her Charm worked a bit too well...

What will they do?


Naruxami:

Your Pokemon make their way through the frozen wastes of the Frost Fjord, sent there for some reason by their trainer. Unlike the rest of the island, this place was as cold as ice, and dead. For miles all the three could see were themselves, and even with the company of each other, there really wasn't too much that they could do besides wander. At what point did they go from travelers to being lost in the snow? It was hard to tell, it felt like an eternity wandering the fjords.

Though, something finally catches Ezra's eye, and the Misdreavus tells the two felines in his company. A large shipwreck stood alone in the snow, a lot higher than the sea below them. How did the ship get there? Was this the work of the supernatural? Who knew, it was quite difficult to discern its origins. Yet it was obvious to see it was an old, even grand, ship. The top mast still held, and the tattered flag danced through the howling winds. The wood was well preserved, the frigid temperatures preventing too much of the water rot to take hold of the old ship. The bow of the ship sits pointed towards the sky, and besides those two things the rest of the ship is underneath the ice. As the Pokemon get closer, they notice and entrance like hole into the hull of the ship. It looks a little worn, yet footprints denote activity of something going in and out of it. What lived in here? Was it safe...?

Do they explore it?
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:24 PM   #179
Naruxami
Looking cool, Joker!
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 295
TheKnightsFury: With everyone in position, the Shinx started the match. Boudicca remained on the right side of the field, with Khutulun at the helm, ready to strike the ball away from the lead yellow Shinx. His two companions were in their positions, and they seemed to be plotting something. As they had huge grins on their faces and were chuckling to one another, Spartacus found himself worried. Were the Shinx planning on not playing fair? Or were they simply laughing at their ploy for the game, whatever the case --- he was prepared. The lead Shinx batted the ball, causing Khutulun to miss it entirely, she was baffled, as her keen eye was ready for this sort of thing. She had never seen a Shinx move with such Agility... actually wait a second. No land creature should move that fast without using some kind of aid. Before Spartacus or Boudicca could react, the lead Shinx had already flicked the ball into the goal. He was faster than any of them could react to, which wasn't exactly fair.

Khutulun was quick to claim that they were cheating, which only made the yellow Shinx grin in response and show her his teeth threateningly. "All's fair in love and war, sweetheart." He smirked, looking at his companions who were chuckling before picking up the beautiful yellow orb. "Besides, it's our court, our rules. And as we told you, this ball is ours. So if you don't like the way we play, you can get the hell away from here." The Shinx walked towards his companions, laughing the whole way. It was obvious to the trio at this point that the Shinx never had any intention of playing fair, so there was no way to get the ball by playing their little game. They were actually quite mean spirited for being such young children, Khutulun found herself growing more and more restless. Both of the girls looked at Spartacus for guidance, it was quite apparent at this point that if you wanted the ball --- being fair and kind was out of the question. It also seemed as though they had no intention of simply giving it to you. It also appeared as though the Shinx were beginning to leave the field, almost as if they had lost interest in even playing with you.

You had to do something if you wanted the orb... but what could you do? Do you try talking to the Shinx? Or simply move on? what do you do?
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:37 PM   #180
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
TheKnightsFury: With everyone in position, the Shinx started the match. Boudicca remained on the right side of the field, with Khutulun at the helm, ready to strike the ball away from the lead yellow Shinx. His two companions were in their positions, and they seemed to be plotting something. As they had huge grins on their faces and were chuckling to one another, Spartacus found himself worried. Were the Shinx planning on not playing fair? Or were they simply laughing at their ploy for the game, whatever the case --- he was prepared. The lead Shinx batted the ball, causing Khutulun to miss it entirely, she was baffled, as her keen eye was ready for this sort of thing. She had never seen a Shinx move with such Agility... actually wait a second. No land creature should move that fast without using some kind of aid. Before Spartacus or Boudicca could react, the lead Shinx had already flicked the ball into the goal. He was faster than any of them could react to, which wasn't exactly fair.

Khutulun was quick to claim that they were cheating, which only made the yellow Shinx grin in response and show her his teeth threateningly. "All's fair in love and war, sweetheart." He smirked, looking at his companions who were chuckling before picking up the beautiful yellow orb. "Besides, it's our court, our rules. And as we told you, this ball is ours. So if you don't like the way we play, you can get the hell away from here." The Shinx walked towards his companions, laughing the whole way. It was obvious to the trio at this point that the Shinx never had any intention of playing fair, so there was no way to get the ball by playing their little game. They were actually quite mean spirited for being such young children, Khutulun found herself growing more and more restless. Both of the girls looked at Spartacus for guidance, it was quite apparent at this point that if you wanted the ball --- being fair and kind was out of the question. It also seemed as though they had no intention of simply giving it to you. It also appeared as though the Shinx were beginning to leave the field, almost as if they had lost interest in even playing with you.

You had to do something if you wanted the orb... but what could you do? Do you try talking to the Shinx? Or simply move on? what do you do?
Spartacus was furious, but not as furious as his team mates. Khutulun was ropeable and Boudicca was about ready to crack, her already hot temper was about to hit boiling point. Spartacus had two choices, he could either rein in his team and they could move on like civilised Pokemon or they could smash these dirty little Shinx into the ground. They had been more than compliant with the Shinx's rules, they had played nice already. No, this little shitkicks needed to learn a lesson, a lesson that they wouldn't soon forget. Spartacus could feel a darkness growing in him, he couldn't control it any longer. He rushed forward ready to strike the lead Shinx with a Shadow Break before striking it again with a Dual Chop.

Boudicca and Khutulun saw Spartacus rushing forward and smiled with delight, they were hoping that would be the Scyther's response. Boudicca slammed her hooves into the ground, preparing to strike one of the assisting Shinx with an Earthpower before rushing in with High Horsepower to crush it into the ground. Khutulun rush towards the other assisting Shinx, intent on sinking her teeth into its neck with a Super Fang before rattling it with a Hyper Voice.

Out of the corner of his eye Spartacus could see his partners preparing to join him in the impending blood bath. Ultimately they need to get their hands on the Light ball, the Shinx might just try and get away with it. Spartacus was flying now, quickly closing in on the main Shinx,"Boudicca if they try to run, stop them in their tracks with a Bulldoze." Khutulun payed attention to the order as well, if Boudicca went for the Bulldoze she would be ready to rise onto her tail, that should help to weaken the hit she would take from the widespread attack.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #181
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,216
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
((Once again, sorry for my long silence. I had a rough July but now I'm back to stay.))

Ironthunder: The Rattata looked immediately relieved, he gave a true smile and handed the golden leaf to Caeda.

"Thank you, ladies! I really do appreciate it. I'll be back in a jiffy." He looked around a little, nervous and jittery once again. He seemed like he was trying to keep an eye out for something... or someone, but no one seemed close --- sound wise at least. He took to his front paws and ran away as fast as his small legs could carry him, it was certainly an odd sight but the three of you were sure that he was up to something. Hope snuck into the shadows and began to follow the young rat, nothing seemed out of ordinary at first. Actually it seemed as though he was just trying to get as far away from your trio as fast as he possibly could. It almost looked as though he was trying to get out of the rainforest, as if he was fleeing from something or someone.

Caeda and Kaitlyn remained alone, waiting for Hope to return and report back to them. As they stood patiently, wondering if the Rattata would return first or their companion --- they heard a few voices in the distance.

"Where did that rat go?" A rather deep an gruff voice from afar asked, Kaitlyn could hear and feel the heavy stomps as whatever it was feet hit the ground. It was followed by a more wispy hissing voice, almost as if it was coming from a snake.

"I'm sssure he didn't go far, we need to get our leaf back or the bossssss will be quite upssset." This voice was from a female, obviously of slithering descent. The two Pokemon waiting in the clearing didn't have to wonder long, as out from the greenery came a Donphan and a Seviper --- they looked aggressive, certainly not the friendliest type of Pokemon. The Seviper glanced at Kaitlyn and gave a sly smile before speaking, "Hey girlsss, have you ssseeen a Rattata around here? He ssstole one of our... thingsss." She asked, looking mostly at Kaitlyn.

"Sevi! You fool! That Skarmory has the leaf, these two most be working with him." The Donphan reared up as if he was going to attack. "You two are gonna come with us to see the boss, he won't be happy when he realises you helped steal his prized possession."

This seems bad, are you going to be able to talk your way out of this one? What do you do?
Caeda realised the situation was going downhill faster than a skydiver in a concrete bodybag when the Donphan reared up, which caused Kaitlyn to back off in fear. The Pokemon were large and could probably easily reclaim the leaf by force if they wanted to: a feat that looked far from impossible, as she had no way to defeat the Donphan reliably without Kaitlyn, who would most assuredly be targeted and decimated by the Seviper the moment things got heated. Also, she didn't want to risk a hostile run-in with this 'boss' they spoke of. And without any real way to find Hope and the Rattata, they didn't really have much of another option. Unless... Caeda dropped the leaf and moved away from it, keeping a wary eye on the arrivals as Kaitlyn followed her lead. "Take it if you want, some Rattata dumped it on us as he bolted through here. Looked like a shifty dodger to me, so we sent Hope to follow him. He went that way, looks like he was more focused on getting distance down than actually going someplace." As she said this, she gestured with her wing to show the way the Rattata had gone, and awaited their reaction, preparing to block whatever the Seviper may throw at Kaitlyn with her own body before unleashing a Drill Run or two in return should they be attacked, while Kaitlyn prepared to unleash a Nature Power or two onto the Donphan should things turn sour.

Hope on the other hand, was having a less interesting time. The Rattata seemed quite intent on fleeing the rainforest like... well, like rats fleeing a sinking ship. She was by now quite sure that the Normal type was up to no good and had more than likely bitten off more than it could chew: Quite a feat, as Rattata can generally gnaw through almost bloody anything. Perhaps a spot of interrogation is in order, she smiled, as she floated down towards him, being sure to keep above biting range. "Stop!" she shouted, before preparing a Shock Wave to rattle the rat, although not firing it until she was attacked or the wretched creature attempted to flee. "You said you were going back for your leaf, remember? Or did you just plan to dump something you stole on my friends? Because if you've tried to set my friends up, then you can join me in the afterlife and see what it's like from over here!"
__________________
Spoiler: show
Squad summary here.
TL3, 129.5 TP, 37 KOs, 3 SP
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:22 PM   #182
Naruxami
Looking cool, Joker!
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 295
TheKnightsFury: The lead Shinx looked at his companions and snickered before seeing a shadow begin looming over him. His eyes grew wide as he watched a certain darkness swell within Spartacus, slamming into him viciously before chopping at him twice in quick succession. He groaned in response, looking towards his companions. He hadn't expected such a visceral reaction from the Pokemon, they were adults after all! Why were they attacking such small children? He was on the ground, staring up at his attacker. The Scyther loomed over him, a certain dark power swelling within his chest. Tears began to form in the Shinx's eyes, he didn't know how to stop them. He was absolutely terrified of the strong enforcers that were now seeing to his punishment.

His companions were able to shoot him a quick glance of fear, their ears drooping down as they watched the other two Pokemon they had been teasing rush towards them. The first was the smallest, a normal male Shinx who was tossed in the air by a pillar of Earth striking through the ground. He let out a cry for help as he flew back towards the ground, only to be greeted by the same horse stomping her hooves into his back to pin him to the floor. "Leia! Run!" He cried out, looking towards the female Shinx that was now shaking and looking towards her three attackers in absolute terror. She cowered against the makeshift court, making eye-contact with her attackers.

"I-I'm sorry! I was just listening to Billy!" She pointed a shaking paw towards the lead yellow Shinx, who was staying put on the ground to not anger Spartacus any further. Khutulun smirked down at the young Shinx, it was pitiful how she felt as though the trio could get away with tormenting them and not expect to be taught a lesson.

"Too late for apologies kid!" She yelled, as she rushed towards the Shinx and bit her neck. The Shinx let out a terrified scream, which was following by a much louder scream of Hyper Voice from the Senret. The young girl dropped to the ground, her eyes dazed and her ears ringing. Spartacus' two female companions turned their attention back towards the lead Shinx, who gave an audible gulp. He looked at their faces, his eyes darting quickly while his breathing grew more labored. He had heard Spartacus command his companion to use Bulldoze if they tried to run away, and he found himself shaking in his boots.

"Get up." Said Spartacus flatly, causing the Shinx to quickly scramble to it's feet. Spartacus gave a rather nasty glare and the Shinx cowered back a few inches, he opened his jaws --- causing Boudicca to ready herself. Instead of attacking, he simply dropped the Light Ball by Spartacus' feet. He looked up in response, waiting for the older Pokemon to tell him to leave so he wouldn't be attacked again.

"Sorry.." He mumbled. Looking at his feet.

It seems the Shinx understand that what they did was wrong, terrified they have given you x1 Light Ball. What do you do?


Ironthunder: The Donphan and Seviper looked at one another before looking down at the leaf, they glanced back at the two ladies and then back towards the leaf --- clearly confused by what had transpired. The Seviper leaned towards the Donphan and whispered something in his ear, to which he gave a hearty sigh and a look back towards Caeda. He gave a sincere smile before nodding to his companion.

"I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions like that... you guys really don't look like you're from around here. I probably shouldn't have scared you." He took a few steps back to give them proper breathing room. "You said your friend was following the thief?" He asked, his eye lighting up at the prospect. The Seviper leaned towards him again, whispering something in his ear and pointing towards where Caeda had claimed the Rattata went. He gave another small nod, looking towards the two.

"Do you think your friend would bring him back here?" Asked the Seviper, looking at the duo. "If ssshe doesss, I'm sssure the bossssss would reward you." She gave a sincere smile. It seemed as though these two would much rather prefer if you did their dirty work for them. How do Caeda and Kaitlyn react?

---

The Rattata seemed startled seeing a ghost basically pop out in front of him, he gave a small startled cry before looking around frantically --- almost as though he was trying to come up with some sort of excuse. He gave a startled smile upon seeing it was one of the ladies from before, trying to play off the cool guy vibe again. "Oh um. Me..? Pawn my problems off on someone else..? You must think lowly of me sweetcheeks." He replied, giving a careful wink and a small twitch of his whiskers. Upon realizing that Hope was totally not buying it, he sighed and stood on his hind legs, putting his paws together.

"Look lady. What if that was my intention? What then?" He asked with a coy smirk, giving a rather odd vibe to Hope.

This Ratatta was somewhat of a, let's face it, asshole. What does Hope do?
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:29 AM   #183
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
[SIZE="1"]TheKnightsFury: The lead Shinx looked at his companions and snickered before seeing a shadow begin looming over him. His eyes grew wide as he watched a certain darkness swell within Spartacus, slamming into him viciously before chopping at him twice in quick succession. He groaned in response, looking towards his companions. He hadn't expected such a visceral reaction from the Pokemon, they were adults after all! Why were they attacking such small children? He was on the ground, staring up at his attacker. The Scyther loomed over him, a certain dark power swelling within his chest. Tears began to form in the Shinx's eyes, he didn't know how to stop them. He was absolutely terrified of the strong enforcers that were now seeing to his punishment.

His companions were able to shoot him a quick glance of fear, their ears drooping down as they watched the other two Pokemon they had been teasing rush towards them. The first was the smallest, a normal male Shinx who was tossed in the air by a pillar of Earth striking through the ground. He let out a cry for help as he flew back towards the ground, only to be greeted by the same horse stomping her hooves into his back to pin him to the floor. "Leia! Run!" He cried out, looking towards the female Shinx that was now shaking and looking towards her three attackers in absolute terror. She cowered against the makeshift court, making eye-contact with her attackers.

"I-I'm sorry! I was just listening to Billy!" She pointed a shaking paw towards the lead yellow Shinx, who was staying put on the ground to not anger Spartacus any further. Khutulun smirked down at the young Shinx, it was pitiful how she felt as though the trio could get away with tormenting them and not expect to be taught a lesson.

"Too late for apologies kid!" She yelled, as she rushed towards the Shinx and bit her neck. The Shinx let out a terrified scream, which was following by a much louder scream of Hyper Voice from the Senret. The young girl dropped to the ground, her eyes dazed and her ears ringing. Spartacus' two female companions turned their attention back towards the lead Shinx, who gave an audible gulp. He looked at their faces, his eyes darting quickly while his breathing grew more labored. He had heard Spartacus command his companion to use Bulldoze if they tried to run away, and he found himself shaking in his boots.

"Get up." Said Spartacus flatly, causing the Shinx to quickly scramble to it's feet. Spartacus gave a rather nasty glare and the Shinx cowered back a few inches, he opened his jaws --- causing Boudicca to ready herself. Instead of attacking, he simply dropped the Light Ball by Spartacus' feet. He looked up in response, waiting for the older Pokemon to tell him to leave so he wouldn't be attacked again.

"Sorry.." He mumbled. Looking at his feet.

It seems the Shinx understand that what they did was wrong, terrified they have given you x1 Light Ball. What do you do?
They tore through the trio of Shinx like they were nothing. The tough talking tots were reduced to whimpering bags of tears in nearly an instant. Had they gone a little too far? Possibly but the Shinx had started it, they had brought it all on themselves. Spartacus motioned to Khutulun to collect the Light Ball, the Sentret picked up on the message and scooped it up off the ground. While she made her way over to Boudicca to place their prize in the bag the Mudbray was carrying, Spartacus made his way over to the lead Shinx. The shiny Shinx was still scared shitless, Spartacus wasn't surprised, the Shinx had opened up a bigger can of worms than he thought. Sure the Shinx was only young but if it went about its life thinking it could get away with anything it wanted, it was going to get a worse beating than this.

"Hey kid, just so you don't forget this, I want to give you something", Spartacus's right scythe glistened as he slashed diagonally across the Shinx's face with a False Swipe, attempting to leave a nasty permanent scar that would serve as a constant reminder for the Shinx. Turning to his allies, Spartacus figured it was time to go. For all they knew, these Shinx had parents nearby that would quickly come to their aid if they found out what had happened."Alright Boudicca and Khutulun, I think we better be going now, we should still be able to make the boat back to the mainland."

The three Pokemon made their way back to the boat, moving a little quicker than they normally would, perhaps due to some slight paranoia that the Shinx's parents would be hunting them down.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:54 PM   #184
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
((Surprise, bitch, I'm ur updooter noo.))

Jerichi: The three Pokemon decided to take advantage of the situation, which was surprising considering that Ai was the one to swipe up the gem bag. So much for coming up with a solution where everybody won! What a bad example for the child! With the skull returned into the general area of the rest of its body, the trio fled the scene and started back towards Sableye's spooky abode.

Once there, the Vulpix having dragged her paws in a sulk, the ghost catches whiff of his favourite treasures. Body language energetic as ever, the creature's lips pulled back to reveal a wild grin of jagged gnashers, “You've got them, you found them, you retrieved my treasures! My pretties, give them back, yesyesyes!” The Sableye seemed to warp forward, snatching back the sack with swift claws. He yanked the sack open, hurling the cloth at his saviours and the ghost gem (after briefly sniffing it to see if it was appetizing, which it wasn't), and sighed with relief and satisfaction to find that everything was there.

“So, how did you do it?” Sableye asked, eye-stones gleaming almost malevolently as he listened to the tale recounted. He nodded along, likely revelling in the struggles of the poor Carbink, pleased at the result. The Pokemon faltered upon learning that he was supposed to apologise. “Apologise, to them?! For a simple mistake?! They're liars, I am no Pokemon eater, I would never munch on those poor, foul-tasting fairies! Not with intention, no no no!” The dual-type seemed to have gotten caught up ranting and raving. Violette's attention drifted, ears twitching, beautiful eyes staring out onto the ice. She had noticed something. Eventually the other three did, too.

On the horizon, a horde of Carbink floated towards the downed vessel, anger seeming to radiate from them. Your three Pokemon had burst into their cavern, disrespected the dead and stolen a sack of gems in front of their salad skeleton on behalf of some evil, Carbink-eating Sableye and expected to get away with it? Not bloody likely.

What do they do?
__________________
Meetan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:27 AM   #185
Naruxami
Looking cool, Joker!
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 295
TheKnightsFury: As Khutulun collected the prize, the Shinx had his eyes glued on your trio. His friends were both collapsed on the ground, sobbing silently as their blubbery tears and snot streaked the cavern floor. The leader was terrified, you assumed that you had probably gone a little too far... but at this point who cares? Sometimes kids need a tough lesson, and this time was certainly one of them. He was a young punk, and sometimes stronger Pokemon needed to teach weak Pokemon a lesson. Besides, only humans have proper human rights... right? If he kept thinking that he could get away with stuff like this, his next beating may result in his unfortunate demise. Spartacus approached the young Shinx, who was now shaking in his boots. He gave a rather nasty slash over the Shinx's face, resulting in a somewhat grotesque scar between his eyes. He hissed out in response, causing tears to stream down his face.

"I'm t-telling m-my m-mommy!" He yelled, bawling. His tears stained the cave floor, and the red blood was slowly turning his once golden fur a sickly mess of red. He ran in the opposite direction, back towards where you had originally found the Lairon. His friends, upon seeing that their ring leader was finally fleeing followed suit, hoping to get away from your trio as fast as they possibly could. Spartacus glanced at his two female companions, it had certainly been a fun outing. Got to help a guy with his heartburn, beat up some kids, the good things in life. It was finally time to go, his eyes glanced towards the bag on Boudicca's side. The silver of the Metal Coat glistened, he knew when he got back he could finally evolve... the thought was thrilling. The trio finally made their way back to the boat, glancing behind them a few times to ensure that now angry Luxray moms were following them.

[Thanks for having me as your updater <3, I had a lot of fun. If you ever return to II I'd love to update you again! I'm sorry this adventure took so long to complete ;~;]
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:21 AM   #186
Sandaa
Thunder Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 506
I'd like to express my gratitude towards Alto and Bal for my previous adventure, but I have decided I need to start fresh.

A trio of Pokemon embarked onto Incognito Isle, making their way towards the secluded forest of the Withering Woods. There was an awkward atmosphere between them as they quietly shuffled over the leaf-covered trail. Despite the three Pokemon having little to say to each other, they had more in common than any of them wanted to admit.

First up was Lynxa the Sneasel. Despite being the oldest of the trio, she was still considered an adolescent who was clearly going through her aloof, rebellious phase. Often acting a bit like a punk, she rarely socialized with her trainer Gary’s other Pokemon, which was part of the reason why he had sent her on this little outing. Her teamwork could really use some work, and perhaps socializing with the other two Pokemon here could be the catalyst.

Next was Akame the Pawniard. Having been passed around by a number of trainers, she took on the mentality of the new kid in school; never wanting to make too many friends in fear of having to leave them someday. Because of this, she tends to keep to herself while honing her fighting skills while the rest of Gary’s Pokemon spent their time relaxing and playing. Gary had hoped she could learn to open up to her new teammates a bit.

Finally was Ikki the Murkrow. Of the three, he was the youngest and probably the most gregarious, which wasn’t saying much. Ikki was a curious crow, often wandering off on his own to explore things that interested him without taking his fellow teammates into consideration. While on this excursion, Gary hoped to teach Ikki to learn to share his interests with others rather than going about them alone.

As the Sneasel, Pawniard, and Murkrow entered the woods, few words were uttered. For now, all these three loners heard was the rustle of leaves blowing in the wind. What they would encounter next was anyone’s guess.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:26 AM   #187
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,925
(New adventure but Naru has agreed to take me on)

Jayson's other Pokemon had told them of this island, as well as what happened when they visited. That was some time ago however, surely things would be different this time around? They had forgone the boat trip in favour of a more relaxing mode of transport, at least for two of them. Jormungand the Gyarados had no issue transporting the pair across the open ocean, the larger than normal serpent enjoyed being out of his ball for such an extended period of time. Odysseus scanned the horizon, the Magnemite had been left in charge of the rag tag group, his tactical position in his trainer's team had earnt him a fair amount of trust. Odysseus surveyed the island as they approached, they would land at the beach and inspect the area for signs of items first before making their way further into the wilderness. Turning to look at his companion, Odysseus let out a little screech to wake the slumbering Trieu. The Skorupi was only young and was more than content to sleep on the Gyarados's tongue for the majority of the trip. On a couple of occasions Jormungand had almost forgotten about them and almost swallowed them whole. Thankfully Odysseus was always alert and was able to give the Gyarados a quick shock to remind him of their presence.

Jormungand slivered up onto the beach, lowering his head down to the sand he let his companions exit his mouth."Ahh, feels good to not have you pair sitting in my mouth", the Gyarados gave his jaw a stretch, opening and closing the giant orifice."Where do you suggest we start Odysseus?"

"First I think we better let Trieu stretch her legs", the Skorupi was full of post nap energy and was currently sprinting through the sand."Trieu how about you lead the way to start with? See if you can find any other Pokemon around here."

"Really Ody? Yay! Come on Jormy, let's go find some friends to play with." The Skorupi took off along the beach, streaming ahead of her companions.

"Hmmmm", moaned Jormungand,"I wish she wouldn't call me Jormy." The Gyarados began to swerve through the sand, it wasn't as easy as moving through the water but he was more than capable of land travel.

"You have to understand she is only young Jormungand, indulge her a little." Odysseus let out a chuckle before pursuing Trieu, the young Skorupi moved faster than he thought.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:08 AM   #188
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,216
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
Ironthunder: The Donphan and Seviper looked at one another before looking down at the leaf, they glanced back at the two ladies and then back towards the leaf --- clearly confused by what had transpired. The Seviper leaned towards the Donphan and whispered something in his ear, to which he gave a hearty sigh and a look back towards Caeda. He gave a sincere smile before nodding to his companion.

"I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions like that... you guys really don't look like you're from around here. I probably shouldn't have scared you." He took a few steps back to give them proper breathing room. "You said your friend was following the thief?" He asked, his eye lighting up at the prospect. The Seviper leaned towards him again, whispering something in his ear and pointing towards where Caeda had claimed the Rattata went. He gave another small nod, looking towards the two.

"Do you think your friend would bring him back here?" Asked the Seviper, looking at the duo. "If ssshe doesss, I'm sssure the bossssss would reward you." She gave a sincere smile. It seemed as though these two would much rather prefer if you did their dirty work for them. How do Caeda and Kaitlyn react?

---

The Rattata seemed startled seeing a ghost basically pop out in front of him, he gave a small startled cry before looking around frantically --- almost as though he was trying to come up with some sort of excuse. He gave a startled smile upon seeing it was one of the ladies from before, trying to play off the cool guy vibe again. "Oh um. Me..? Pawn my problems off on someone else..? You must think lowly of me sweetcheeks." He replied, giving a careful wink and a small twitch of his whiskers. Upon realizing that Hope was totally not buying it, he sighed and stood on his hind legs, putting his paws together.

"Look lady. What if that was my intention? What then?" He asked with a coy smirk, giving a rather odd vibe to Hope.

This Ratatta was somewhat of a, let's face it, asshole. What does Hope do?
Hope was seething at the Rattata, her anger barely held in check at the insignificant rat. "Look lady. What if that was my intention? What then?", it asked her. That was the final straw. "DO I LOOK LIKE SOMEONE TO BE TOYED WITH???", she bellowed at the insolent bastard, before unleashing the Shock Wave she'd been readying into its face, followed by another. "NOW SPEAK PLAINLY, CUR, LEST YOU FEEL MY FURY SOME MORE!" And as if to prove a point, she prepared a Gunk Shot to assail her foe with should he attempt to flee like the slimy bastard he was, or if he retaliated with an attack against her.

Hope's echoing yells carried through the forest, visibly startling Kaitlyn as she and the Skarmory contemplated how best to proceed. Caeda appeared unruffled however, and rather spread her wings, anticipating a flight. "It would appear that Hope's confronted that Rattata. She never was good at just tailing people... Anyway, shall we go and see where she's gone to? We might want to hurry though, she's not exactly one for holding back when she's angered so, especially when she's angered at something that can try to run." With the decision now in the hands of the other Pokemon, she turned and grabbed Kaitlyn, positioning the Petilil on her back and reassuring her that they'd be flying lower this time, to allow the Donphan and Seviper to follow, as she took off, circling twice to give them time to decide before pursuing the unfortunate victim of Hope's wrath.
__________________
Spoiler: show
Squad summary here.
TL3, 129.5 TP, 37 KOs, 3 SP
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:46 PM   #189
Naruxami
Looking cool, Joker!
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 295
=------------------------------------*Sandaa*------------------------------------=

Some say silence is golden, and this couldn't be more true within this trio of usual loners. They walked in silence, the only sound around them was the natural sounds of the deep forest around them. The forest wasn't as calm as what one would expect upon just hearing the term 'forest', it was rather dark --- most light blotted out by the tremendous trees that grew around them. The forest was twisted, contorted by the venom that seemed to permeate from all around them. Poisonous exotic planets spouted from beneath the twisted and gnarled tree trunks that they passed as they walked, their various prints lining the forest floor.

Why were they in such a place? Well, in the pursuit of treasure of course. Although the forest wasn't exactly the most welcoming place, the dark types, with their somewhat venomous personalities might fight in fine here. The island itself was mostly inaccessible by humans, which was probably for the best. The poisonous plants and young trainers may not exactly mix in the best way, and we certainly wouldn't want any causalities. But frankly, this wasn't their concern.

As the trio walked by a particularly large tree, they noticed what appeared to be a small hollow under the gnarled branches --- probably some sort of den or burrow for some sort of creature. Hanging from the front of the den, or rather, hole --- was a crudely made dream catcher. Instead of feathers hanging off the circular center piece, three sharp claws hung, swaying gently as though something had just entered or exited the cave. It was odd to see a dreamcatcher of all things in such a place, there were no humans here... and it was such a man made object. Perhaps whatever lived here, had stolen it from a human. And in that case... who would question it if you returned the favor by taking it for yourself?

The dreamcatcher is certainly an odd sight, perhaps you could take it for yourself? What do you do?


=------------------------------------*TheKnightsFury*------------------------------------=

It wasn't your first rodeo, that was for sure. However, this was an entirely new group. They had only heard whispers about this place from the original travelers, murmurs of what had occurred on their adventure. This new group felt a breath of fresh air to finally be able to wander freely, especially the gigantic serpent who was currently slithering gracefully across the calm waves. His two companions sat in his gaping maw, prepared for anything that would come at them from this peaceful looking beach island. As they reached it, the duo disembarked from their "ship" and stood upon the beach --- allowing their somewhat large friend to pull himself onto the beach.

The youngest of the trio, Trieu, was excitable. She was young, full of energy and far too enthusiastic in the large serpent's eyes. However, maybe the energy would be a welcome addition to this team. As the more elder Pokemon followed their young companion, they glanced to their sides, observing the beach in full. The young Skorupi scuttled quickly forward, not bothering to glance anywhere except ahead of her. As they kept moving, they came across what appeared to be a small sinkhole in the sand. It was probably caused by one of the hot springs drying up, leaving a gaping hole in the landscape. Trieu almost fell in, but managed to stop just before she would've done so.

As the trio peered down into the hole, they saw something that shocked them. Although their initial deduction was probably correct, they certainly did not expect to see such vasts networks of tunnels --- probably home to all sorts of creatures. Trieu let her eyes light up, before jumping into the pit, curious of what lay within the maze of tunnels. Unfortunately, it appeared as though the large serpent wouldn't be able to enter without destroying some of the homes of these Pokemon. However, he noticed a sparkle in the distance --- perhaps he should investigate that while his teammates explored their own chasm?

What do you do?


=------------------------------------*Ironthunder*------------------------------------=

The Rattata backed up, startled by Hope's sudden outcry. He seemed unperturbed, other than the distinct ringing he now heard in his ears. He took a few more steps back upon being hit by the two shock waves --- grunting loudly, before seeing Hope seemingly prepare something within her cheeks. He held up his hands, as if to say 'woah hey, don't shoot.'. Before falling back on his pads, glancing up at Hope. He gave a snarky smile, padding back towards Hope. "Ya know sweetcheeks, I like em feisty..." He grinned, flicking his tail. His fur was sparked with static from the electric attacks.. but he didn't seem to be running, but that tail twitch was beginning to look a little odd. She couldn't be sure what sort of thing he was doing... until of course she saw the glowing eyes coming up from behind him. It seemed as though he had summoned a few friends, all of which seemed angry --- their sharp eyes glaring into Hope.

One Rattata, no problem. A family of Rattata? Well.. that could be a different story. She glanced at the now growing group of rats, ready to unleash her gunk shot. She hoped her friends had heard her bellowing screams... they had to have.

---

Caeda and Kaitlyn meanwhile, had of course heard the bellowed cries. Knowing full well that their friend wasn't exactly one to contain her anger, they began to head in her general direction. The Donphan and Seviper seemed reluctant, probably wanting to just leave it to their new "friends" but they followed nonetheless. As they approached, they noticed their ghost friend surrounded by many many Rattata. Luckily for them, the family hadn't noticed their presence yet. Perhaps a sneak attack was in order?

What do you do?

Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #190
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 210
kawaiiconcept:

It takes a beating to the point of near-unconsciousness to remind Cerno of another weapon in his arsenal, one that could potentially turn the tide of the battle in the team’s favour: Shiftry is a creature of darkness, and as all of its kind, is susceptible to the light magic of fairies. With this in mind, the Whimsicott waves his little arms and summons a gale of his own, determined to show Shiftry that he, too, can manipulate wind – a powerful Fairy Wind, to be precise!

The sparkling gust blows over the Forest Lord, speckles of light exploding on contact with its wooden skin and damaging him more than any draining move of Cerno’s ever could. Visibly bothered by the technique, Shiftry flaps his fans and summons a Tailwind of his own, the opposite masses of air cancelling each other out – and that’s just the opening Spiritus and Tengu were looking for! With the wind dying down, the duo repeats their previous combination attack, showering Shiftry with a downpour of blazing seeds that sets the already Burned Grass-Type on fire!

Shiftry wobbles and loses his footing, but continues to smile even as his hair and leaf fans are set ablaze. Sensing the shift in the tide of battle, the army of Passimian grows restless and prepares to invade the clearing, but a single arm raise by the other Lord, Oranguru, quiets the horde.

“Very well,” Shiftry suddenly says weakly, “there is merit to your teamwork after all. Now for the final test…”

Struggling to get back to his feet, the Lord raises his fans once more, then flaps them a single time. No Hurricane or Tailwind follow this time around, however; in fact, nothing seems to happen at all…

“Have you heard of the legendary Kamaitachi?” Shiftry inquires, with a hint of amusement in his whispered voice. “A gust that can cut through anything… A true Razor Wind. It will come soon…”

He shifts his gaze to Spiritus and continues to smile through the pain.

“You, phantom, are immune to its invisible blade… but what about your friends? Could you bear seeing them sliced in half? Be it Seedot or Whimiscott, no living creature can avoid being severed in two by the mighty edge that approaches” he taunts. “Can you finish me before my Razor Wind comes?”

The final challenge has been issued. Can the team step up to this last ordeal and end the battle before it’s too late?


--------------


Meetan:

Like giant fingers, the Frenzy Plants come to life one by one, and their flailing becomes progressively more violent. The choice, this time around, was unanimous – breaking through immediately and confronting whatever lies beyond is the way to go.

Samantha courageously takes the lead, guiding the team through the moving spiky towers; Mimi and Nina follow suit, manoeuvring as well as they can through the perilous terrain, whereas Farfetch’d seems capable of flying through the obstacles with considerably more ease. Whenever a branch blocks their path they bide their time, and lunge forward as fast as they can the second an opening between trunks presents itself. Slowly but surely the group advances, Samantha and Nina being scratched by some of the sharp thorns but both mercifully avoiding the brunt of the blow, whereas Mimi and Farfetch’d make it through unscathed.

“At last… we have done it!” Farfecth’d says triumphantly.

The sight ahead is as astonishing as it is mind-boggling. Within the Frenzy Plant dome lies a vast round field of green, bursting with life, birds chirping, small Pokemon roaming, and a single massive tree rising at the center of this miracle. The scents of berries and apricorns fill the area, and even the air feels lighter inside the dome than it did in the rest of Radiant Forest.

While the team is busy coming to grips with this sudden shift in reality and the explanation behind it, a new mystery emerges: the ground begins to rumble and then shake, as if the land has begun moving on its own like a rogue tectonic plaque. Alice’s Pokémon get the distinct impression that the forest is rising, and they’re not wrong.

”Filthy intruders,” says a booming voice that resonates across the clearing like a thousand war drums. “”You should have turned back when you had the chance.”

It is then that Farfetch’d takes flight, departing from the group, and lands on one of the tree’s branches, contemplating the party from his elevated perch with a strange smile…

“Worry not, Master Torterra. I was the one to bring them here,” he declares, before addressing Sam, Nina and Mimi. “I believe I owe you an explanation: you all stand on last safe haven of Radiant Forest, the only one that will endure. Indeed, you may as well call this the new Radiant Forest, created and maintained by my Master.”

The wild duck makes a slow sweeping motion with his stalk, showing the party the extent of Torterra’s domain.

“He has purged these woods, removed all traces of flawed vegetation to create this perfect new Forest, this new World whose weight he selflessly carries on his back. Master Torterra has declared the old Radiant Forest unworthy of the name, and brought it upon himself to elevate it to a new standard; He declared the right to take the water and life from these woods to create something of unparalleled perfection, as you can witness. To those he declared worthy of residing in this paradise, he has opened the gates of the dome, and these creatures now live on Torterra’s back without a care in the world. But the three of you had to be tested – I saw potential in you, fighting prowess that entitles you to the glorious honour of serving as Torterra’s guardians, protectors of his haven!”

”I see,” speaks the titan once more. ”You did well. Indeed, I need Pokémon capable enough to protect the wonder I built. In return, I will allow you to live here, where food is plenty, where there are no predators, humans or irrelevant Pokémon to bother you. Serve me, and paradise is yours.

“Refuse, and well… I have seen how all of you fight. Your strengths and weaknesses are all known to me,” concludes Farfetch’d with a grin and a sarcastic, gentlemanly.

What truly happened to Radiant Forest is now obvious: this oversized Torterra has claimed it as its territory and drained away the woods’ vitality to feed itself and the forest it carries. It seems to have some sort of god complex, and Farfetch’d has been working for the colossal Grass-Type all along…
The offer is on the table, and now it’s time for Alice’s team to give their final answer… What will it be?



----------------------


Patches:

Separated by Tyrantrum’s Rock Tomb wall, the team is now in a serious predicament – Momo most of all, as he is the only one in direct confrontation with the ravenous beast. Fortunately, Mio remains grounded and level-headed enough to instruct the party: she and Kei attempt to shatter the stone barrier, while Momo tries his best to measure up to the angry giant – a scenario the lazy Sylveon would much rather avoid altogether, but whose inevitability becomes ever more apparent as Tyrantrum draws nearer...

Kei goes to work on the wall, employing the same technique as before, and fortunately with similar results: with every claw thrust of his Brick Break, the Tomb breaks further and further apart. Meanwhile, Momo finally finds it within him to turn around and face the oncoming threat!

The ground shakes violently with every step of the rampaging Tyrantrum, and it takes every ounce of courage still dormant within the consummate coward to make Momo stand his ground and summon his newfound fairy energy. He channels it in his ribbons and the faintest of breezes begins to blow inside the cave, growing progressively in intensity.
It is at that moment that Kei manages to completely shatter the wall, and in the blink of an eye, the team is reunited against the looming threat! Tyrantrum is now within arm’s reach, jaw agape, ready to devour them while the Fairy Wind is yet to pick up proper force… but the giant stops is charge abruptly, inches away from the group. Once the magical gale is strong enough, Tyrantrum is already completely stationary, eyeing down the party as the damaging wind pelts away at him…

“Why?” he growls, all trace of anger gone and replaced by genuine curiosity. “Why would you risk your lives for such a pathetic, honourless creature? What is he to you that you would defy the Ancient?... Small Pikachu, small Charmander, both filled with such remarkable potential… why would you throw it away for his sake?”

Was it all a test? Was Tyrantrum’s ourburst of fury a façade? Or was he so genuinely touched by Mio and Kei’s dedication that his fury was quelled by the display of foolish bravery? Whatever the reason behind the Ancient’s sudden change in behaviour, it falls on the Pikachu and Charmander to provide an answer and satisfy the titan’s curiosity - unless, of course, they plan to continue the fight while his guard is down…



------------


Balmund:

Despite being mostly foreign to the world of wrestling, Orchrist seems to have an innate ability to make the most of her surroundings, maximizing the environment’s potential to facilitate a successful attack. As such, despite not being formally introduced to the manoeuvre, she quickly grasps the concept and usefulness of an Irish Whip.
The viper wraps her tail around Voladora’s wrist and hurls her across the ring, forcing the Hawlucha to run the ropes and come back with increased momentum. This, Orchrist believes, will allow her to hit a rebound lariat and transition to a sleeper hold, but it’s one sequence of techniques Voladora has seen, experiences and employed a million times before.

“You learn quickly,” she says as she approaches, “but what if your opponent does too?”

With that, she leaps up just as Orchrist prepares to clothesline her, and counters with a flying Dropkick that sends the viper tumbling back and landing precariously on her back. She, of course, realizes the danger of this positioning even without being told what comes next – it is obvious that Voladora, as any Hawlucha, favours aerial strikes….

Orchrist is not wrong. Immediately after toppling the snake, Voladora takes to the top turnbuckle and spreads her feathered arms. But instead of leaping down with the predictable Flying Press, she takes her time to offer her opponent another piece of advice.

“From up here, the impact of my finishing move would probably daze you for three seconds, and in a wrestling match, that’s all it takes to win,” she reminds Orchrist. “But if you can counter that move, it’ll leave you with an opening to strike and turn the match in your favour, like I did just now. Well, ready or not, here I come!!”

Following a dramatic pose, Voladora leaps high in the air, then comes crashing down like a meteor on the prone Seviper with Flying Press. Impact is imminent, but there is still a minuscule window of opportunity to formulate a comeback… what now?!
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:54 PM   #191
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=------------------------------------*TheKnightsFury*------------------------------------=

It wasn't your first rodeo, that was for sure. However, this was an entirely new group. They had only heard whispers about this place from the original travelers, murmurs of what had occurred on their adventure. This new group felt a breath of fresh air to finally be able to wander freely, especially the gigantic serpent who was currently slithering gracefully across the calm waves. His two companions sat in his gaping maw, prepared for anything that would come at them from this peaceful looking beach island. As they reached it, the duo disembarked from their "ship" and stood upon the beach --- allowing their somewhat large friend to pull himself onto the beach.

The youngest of the trio, Trieu, was excitable. She was young, full of energy and far too enthusiastic in the large serpent's eyes. However, maybe the energy would be a welcome addition to this team. As the more elder Pokemon followed their young companion, they glanced to their sides, observing the beach in full. The young Skorupi scuttled quickly forward, not bothering to glance anywhere except ahead of her. As they kept moving, they came across what appeared to be a small sinkhole in the sand. It was probably caused by one of the hot springs drying up, leaving a gaping hole in the landscape. Trieu almost fell in, but managed to stop just before she would've done so.

As the trio peered down into the hole, they saw something that shocked them. Although their initial deduction was probably correct, they certainly did not expect to see such vasts networks of tunnels --- probably home to all sorts of creatures. Trieu let her eyes light up, before jumping into the pit, curious of what lay within the maze of tunnels. Unfortunately, it appeared as though the large serpent wouldn't be able to enter without destroying some of the homes of these Pokemon. However, he noticed a sparkle in the distance --- perhaps he should investigate that while his teammates explored their own chasm?

What do you do?
Trieu skidded to a halt, just in time to stop her from plummeting down a massive hole in the sand. Odysseus quickly caught up with Jormungand trailing behind. The Magnemite immediately inspected the hole, it seemed there was a network of tunnels running below, a truly fascinating find. On inspection it was clear Jormungand wasn't going to be getting down there, how Odysseus and Trieu could check it out by themselves."I believe this warrants further investigation Jormungand", Odysseus explains the situation to the Gyarados, hoping he will understand."We could find something valuable down there, I am more than capable of keeping an eye on Trieu."

Something glimmered in the distance, catching the eye of the mighty Gyarados while Odysseus was talking to him."You two go ahead, I think I see something up ahead that I want to check out anyways. Good find little one, but be more careful and behave for Odysseus."Jormungand slivered off down the beach, heading towards the sparkle that he saw in the distance.

"Have fun Jormy!" Trieu shouted out to the Gyarados as he made his way down the beach, the Water type visibly cringed upon hearing the Skorupi call him by that pet name."So Ody, are we going down there now? I want to play down there!" The Skorupi was excited, however at this point she was potentially a danger to herself.

Odysseus knew this, if she ran off in the tunnels she could get lost or hurt, she needed a talking to."Trieu you need to learn there are times to have fun and times to be serious. We are going into an unknown area, it is best that we be serious until we know what we are dealing with. Do you understand?" The Magnemite floated down to the Skorupi's eye level, "Grab me and I will Teleport us down there, remember, no running off."

Upon hearing the short lecture from Odysseus, Trieu immediately took on a serious mindset."I can be serious Ody, I won't run away."The Skorupi grabbed a hold of one of the Magnemite's magnets with her tail and suddenly the two were warped down to the bottom of the hole. Looking up, Trieu could still see the sun shining down on them from above, she would behave now, she didn't want to upset Ody.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:58 PM   #192
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Meetan:

Like giant fingers, the Frenzy Plants come to life one by one, and their flailing becomes progressively more violent. The choice, this time around, was unanimous – breaking through immediately and confronting whatever lies beyond is the way to go.

Samantha courageously takes the lead, guiding the team through the moving spiky towers; Mimi and Nina follow suit, manoeuvring as well as they can through the perilous terrain, whereas Farfetch’d seems capable of flying through the obstacles with considerably more ease. Whenever a branch blocks their path they bide their time, and lunge forward as fast as they can the second an opening between trunks presents itself. Slowly but surely the group advances, Samantha and Nina being scratched by some of the sharp thorns but both mercifully avoiding the brunt of the blow, whereas Mimi and Farfetch’d make it through unscathed.

“At last… we have done it!” Farfecth’d says triumphantly.

The sight ahead is as astonishing as it is mind-boggling. Within the Frenzy Plant dome lies a vast round field of green, bursting with life, birds chirping, small Pokemon roaming, and a single massive tree rising at the center of this miracle. The scents of berries and apricorns fill the area, and even the air feels lighter inside the dome than it did in the rest of Radiant Forest.

While the team is busy coming to grips with this sudden shift in reality and the explanation behind it, a new mystery emerges: the ground begins to rumble and then shake, as if the land has begun moving on its own like a rogue tectonic plaque. Alice’s Pokémon get the distinct impression that the forest is rising, and they’re not wrong.

”Filthy intruders,” says a booming voice that resonates across the clearing like a thousand war drums. “”You should have turned back when you had the chance.”

It is then that Farfetch’d takes flight, departing from the group, and lands on one of the tree’s branches, contemplating the party from his elevated perch with a strange smile…

“Worry not, Master Torterra. I was the one to bring them here,” he declares, before addressing Sam, Nina and Mimi. “I believe I owe you an explanation: you all stand on last safe haven of Radiant Forest, the only one that will endure. Indeed, you may as well call this the new Radiant Forest, created and maintained by my Master.”

The wild duck makes a slow sweeping motion with his stalk, showing the party the extent of Torterra’s domain.

“He has purged these woods, removed all traces of flawed vegetation to create this perfect new Forest, this new World whose weight he selflessly carries on his back. Master Torterra has declared the old Radiant Forest unworthy of the name, and brought it upon himself to elevate it to a new standard; He declared the right to take the water and life from these woods to create something of unparalleled perfection, as you can witness. To those he declared worthy of residing in this paradise, he has opened the gates of the dome, and these creatures now live on Torterra’s back without a care in the world. But the three of you had to be tested – I saw potential in you, fighting prowess that entitles you to the glorious honour of serving as Torterra’s guardians, protectors of his haven!”

”I see,” speaks the titan once more. ”You did well. Indeed, I need Pokémon capable enough to protect the wonder I built. In return, I will allow you to live here, where food is plenty, where there are no predators, humans or irrelevant Pokémon to bother you. Serve me, and paradise is yours.

“Refuse, and well… I have seen how all of you fight. Your strengths and weaknesses are all known to me,” concludes Farfetch’d with a grin and a sarcastic, gentlemanly.

What truly happened to Radiant Forest is now obvious: this oversized Torterra has claimed it as its territory and drained away the woods’ vitality to feed itself and the forest it carries. It seems to have some sort of god complex, and Farfetch’d has been working for the colossal Grass-Type all along…
The offer is on the table, and now it’s time for Alice’s team to give their final answer… What will it be?
[/color]
The three Pokemon managed to make it through the frenzy plant walls relatively unscathed, something that was clearly a relief across them all. It was more than that, though: the land they had come across was like a breath of fresh, perfectly clean air. It was as if an invisible burden had been lifted from them all and the three of them had found paradise. Even Samantha couldn't disguise how amazed she was, and although Mimi initially seemed delighted, the other two couldn't help feeling concerned. This didn't make sense.

So when the ground shook, and their scenery began to shift in level, perhaps they shouldn't have been so shocked. The mime released an audible whimper and reached out for Samantha, who had dropped onto all fours for the sake of balance, the claws of both quadripeds trying to grip into the soil as their postures changed. The enemy surrounded them, rattled their footing-- and they realised they had been taken for fools.

Samantha's eyes narrowed, the dog looking more menacing for it. Mimi was scared. Nina was a little harder to read, serious and enigmatic much of the time in spite of her gentleness. Unable to do anything else for the moment, they listened, dread filling the animals the more they heard. Their naivety could cost their lives, and it was enough to bring the baby to tears.

"B- but... We have a human. She's going to pick us up. She left us here for a holiday!" The psychic protested, voice trembling like her little body. Mimi sniffled. She felt this attachment perhaps more keenly than even the other two, for whom Alice had been the first thing they had seen of this world. Mimi had been stuck behind bars, abandoned, copying and dancing and hoping that someone might take her home. Mimi had watched people pass her by, and this crazy human girl had given her so much love. The thought of being alone, endangered, in this pretty but miserable place... Nina recalled the pink of Alice's winter clothes and Masaru's fur. Samantha remembered kisses and belly scratches and all of the embarrassing enthusiasm in the world. "We can't l- leave her! We c- can't--"

No. No, they couldn't. No, they wouldn't.

"You don't know all of them! Mimi!" Samantha snarled, "We're leaving. And we're leaving them in pieces!" All of a sudden, Nina howled, the sound a loud battle cry that rose her spirits. It was enough to bring the crying Mime Jr to her senses, enough to fight, and after raising another barrier, she flung a thunderbolt towards the cocky bird. Samantha's teeth lit up, and she buried an icy set of jaws into the living forest. The war had begun, and no matter the result, they intended to get out alive.
__________________
Meetan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:59 PM   #193
Sandaa
Thunder Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
=------------------------------------*Sandaa*------------------------------------=

Some say silence is golden, and this couldn't be more true within this trio of usual loners. They walked in silence, the only sound around them was the natural sounds of the deep forest around them. The forest wasn't as calm as what one would expect upon just hearing the term 'forest', it was rather dark --- most light blotted out by the tremendous trees that grew around them. The forest was twisted, contorted by the venom that seemed to permeate from all around them. Poisonous exotic planets spouted from beneath the twisted and gnarled tree trunks that they passed as they walked, their various prints lining the forest floor.

Why were they in such a place? Well, in the pursuit of treasure of course. Although the forest wasn't exactly the most welcoming place, the dark types, with their somewhat venomous personalities might fight in fine here. The island itself was mostly inaccessible by humans, which was probably for the best. The poisonous plants and young trainers may not exactly mix in the best way, and we certainly wouldn't want any causalities. But frankly, this wasn't their concern.

As the trio walked by a particularly large tree, they noticed what appeared to be a small hollow under the gnarled branches --- probably some sort of den or burrow for some sort of creature. Hanging from the front of the den, or rather, hole --- was a crudely made dream catcher. Instead of feathers hanging off the circular center piece, three sharp claws hung, swaying gently as though something had just entered or exited the cave. It was odd to see a dreamcatcher of all things in such a place, there were no humans here... and it was such a man made object. Perhaps whatever lived here, had stolen it from a human. And in that case... who would question it if you returned the favor by taking it for yourself?

The dreamcatcher is certainly an odd sight, perhaps you could take it for yourself? What do you do?
As the trio of dark type Pokemon made their way through the forest, all three of them felt right at home in the gloomy environment. Most of the natural sunlight had been blocked out by the branches full of dark leaves, adding to the ambiance. Amongst the tree roots and shrubbery that lay scattered across the trail were various species of poisonous plants and mushrooms, things that the three Pokemon knew better than to mess with.

Along their journey, the trio carried on, still mostly silent. Every now and then Ikki would circle back around and say, “I think the trail goes this way,” or Lynxa might chime in, “We should probably go over here…” Akame maintained her silence, but every now and then her stomach let out a soft rumble. She was more eager to find a place to eat than anything.

After a while of walking and flying, the three Pokemon approached a rather large tree. Amongst its roots was a hollowed out hole in the tree trunk, most likely some kind of shelter. Above the entryway hung an odd looking dreamcatcher, where the standard feathers had been replaced by three sharp claws, which seemed to catch Lynxa’s attention in particular. While they weren’t deviants by any stretch of the imagination, by nature of their species, the three dark Pokemon were known to have moments of mischief.

There was no greater indicator than their respective natural abilities; Ikki the Murkrow was a bit of a Prankster while Akame the Pawniard was known to act Defiantly at times. Most importantly in this situation, Lynxa the Sneasel had tendencies to act like a Pickpocket from time to time. Her intrigue getting the best of her, Lynxa reached out for the low-hanging fruit and attempted to pull the dreamcatcher off its fixture. The claws fit her style, and her two companions weren’t about to interject any kind of moral wisdom.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:03 PM   #194
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- The Lombre seem delighted when you accept their offer, they happily toss you the Big Pearl before each picking up a Water Stone. They head off down the beach, big grins on their faces, they had profited from the little exchange. With nothing to stop them from making their delivery for the Gastrodon, the Staryu and Munchlax make their way back towards the hot springs.

This time they manage to make it through the entrance without being stopped. Weaving their way through the crowds of Pokemon, they eventually spot a large gathering of Quagsire taking up one of the larger pools of bubbling hot water. As you produce the package, one of the larger Quagsires lifts herself out of the water to collect it.

"About time our delivery got here!" As the Quagsire shouted in a loud but derpy voice, the rest of the group turn to watch the fallout."We were promised this delivery hours ago, you can forget a tip, this is terrible service!" The Quagsire snatches the parcel out of the Munchlax's arms and tears it open, revealing the contents for the whole group to see. A sea of gummis spill onto the ground, resulting in a stampede of hungry Quagsire. Thinking it wise to give the Quagsires some space, you turn around and make your way back towards the Gastrodon's shop.

The Gastrodon are waiting patiently when you return and are more than pleased to hear that you delivered the package and dealt with the Lombre in the process."Great work you two, we can't thank you enough", cheers the pink Gastrodon."Here", adds the blue Gastrodon,"take this as your reward!" The Gastrodon plops a small purple bag with a drawstring onto the counter. Munchlax gives the drawstring a tug and some Soft Sand pours out of the bag."Well, time for us to shut up shop for the day, thanks for your help!" The blue Gastrodon bids you farewell, pulling a lever that results in a large closed sign falling down over the front of the shop. Munchlax just manages to snap up the Soft Sand in time, it seems their dealings with the Gastrodon were over.
That really was quite the adventure...

Nobody would've believed him, and for a moment, he almost didn't believe it himself. That the dysfunctional duo of a silent Staryu and a self-centered Munchlax would go on to have such a grand adventure, and reap such amazing benefits... But the truth, so many months later, remained undeniable.

Because thanks to the magical Stone retrieved in Incognito Isle, Stahl had evolved into a magnificent blue Starmie, unlocking its full potential in the process, and Munchlax had returned a wholly different creature himself - more selfless, and with a greater sense of responsibility.

Because you do have one, the responsibility of honoring Champion Gottfried and his vote of confidence when he handed you over to me... with your incredible power and the special techniques passed on to you by the "Norse God", you have the obligation of putting them to good use at all times, as is the Heimlan way. I know this nationalistic pride is a human concern, but I can tell Gottfried still managed to impart some sense of it onto you. Each day that goes by you stray more and more from the petulant, self-absorb glutton you once were... Maybe I ought to learn from that, and start changing myself.

Rorik played with the bag of Soft Sand that neither Munchlax not Stahl seemed to vare very much about. It was their trophy, but neither of them could put it to good use - and besides, to them, the journey had been infinitely more important than the reward itself. But to the Professor, that small sack of unassuming sand signaled one more tiny personal victory, one more memento of his own journey towards understanding all the mysteries of the bond between humans and Pokémon.

I wonder when we'll come back to Incognito Isle again, and if my friends will be as successful then as they were on that day...


----


((Thanks for taking me on TKF, it was a lot of fun! ^^))
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #195
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Frosty Fjord - Surrounding the western docks are tall cliffs that dip into the seas below. Due to the largely leeward positioning of these cliffs and the winds the long shadows they cast over the seas below, the area is a good bit colder than the rest of the island, but just cold enough to accommodate the average Ice-type without making most Pokémon too uncomfortable. Some claim these fjords to be haunted by the souls of those who have crashed against their rocky faces, and while these claims are unsubstantiated for the most part, Ghost Pokémon do seem to be attracted to the area, particularly to the occasional abandoned shipwrecks that can be found deep within the fjords... Please use azure.
“Are you certain about this?”

The howling wind, cold as a typical Heimaln gale, rustled Sai Hajimoto’s robes, but the monk didn’t so much as wince. He’d trained and meditated under similar conditions many times before, both in Fizzytopia and back in his home region of Saigo – but his Pokémon had not. Even Jin, the partner who’d been with him the longest, had yet to feel the full brunt of a truly harsh winter, and that was pretty much what the Frozen Fjords had to offer – perpetual, unrelenting winter.

The likelihood of a frozen, lonely death is considerable.

Floating in mid-air next to Sai, Kami’s mental remark was relayed in a dry and emotionless “tone”, but Sai had come to know the Psychic-Type well enough to spot the faintest hint of sarcastic joy in the brutally blunt delivery.

“Which is why you will be accompanying them,” retorted the monk. Far from him to even consider that he held the slightest amount of authority over Kami, but the two had developed an unspoken mutual respect, and were frequently like-minded in most decisions. “I trust you will keep them safe.”

The journey had been requested by another member of Sai’s team. Kyuki, the Alolan Vulpix formerly belonging to Wolfgang Lauther, felt the call of winter with such ferocity that he could no longer ignore it. Usually quiet and introspective, the fox had been growing increasingly agitated, and it had taken a bit of mental probing on the part of Kami to get to the heart of the matter – something hidden away in the icy landscape of the Frozen Fjords called out to Kyuki.

Unable to ignore his friend’s silent suffering, Sai finally agreed to send his companions into the wilderness. Accompanying Kyuki would be Jin the Meditite, who also longed to train under the same harsh weather as his master did, to see where he stood in comparison to the monk he admired so much; and Kami the Abra, acting as the party’s overseer due to his overabundance of knowledge, gained through countless cycles of death and rebirth, and the earth-shaping psychic powers he possessed but seldom wished to employ.

“I will keep you in my prayers, but I know you are more than capable of holding your own,” concluded Sai with a respectful bow. “Together, there is nothing you cannot accomplish! Dialga watch over you.”

Kyuki smiled warmly, Jin nodded resolutely, and Kami did nothing. The three turned around and gazed at the mountain’s peak, wondering if their journey could possibly lead them that high up.
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #196
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,502
★ Starlight Summit ★


Missingno. Master

With only remnants of the flock of Woobat blocking the party's path, everyone takes battle stations as they ready to push through and proceed. Cotton takes the lead this time, going in for a burst of Dazzling Gleam. The bright light and magical energy is enough to send quite a bit of the Woobat back into the dark, clearing a way into the rest of the cave. However, a few of the bats are not so easily deterred, as a new group comes swooping in, but is quickly met by Tinnitus and a blast of Bubblebeam, the soapy attack being enough to deter further dives. Chromium, meanwhile, is on one-on-one duty, and manages to knock away two obnoxious Woobat looking to make trouble with a hard-hitting Mega Punch, sending them flying off before they can pester the Clefairy again.

With another wave sent packing, they move forward, just about to make it through the mouth of the passage when another group swoops down for one last attempt. Cotton, however, is having none of this, and blasts them with a Thunderbolt. After more volts than they were bargaining for race through their bodies, the bats disperse, and they are free to proceed.

"Thank you so much!" the Clefairy chimes one the group is successfully to safety, "I am just so grateful to the lot of you! Let me show you out of the cave - we're actually not that far from an exit!"

Surely enough, the group was only a few moments walk from the end of their spelunking expedition, and when they emerged, they found that the light they stepped into was quickly waining - it appeared the sun had begun to set and the lip of the crater they had stumbled into was casting a long shadow over the cave's mouth. Upon reappearing, the group quickly notes a familiar face. The Mime Jr. from earlier whose ball you had offered to retrieve has found himself here as well, and bounces towards you gleefully.

"Oh, you found my ball! Oh thank you, thank you!" he hops about, taking back his shining orb, "Here, for all your hard work, take these! I found them around here but I think you might be able to use them more than I can!"

The Mime produces a strange lump of what appears to be cream - a Whipped Dream - and a Roseli Berry. With his ball in hand and gifts produced, he bounds off, juggling the ball with his psychic powers.

"I'd love to show you some gratitude as well for helping me. It is rather late and I imagine you might want to rest - would you like to come back with me to our home?" Clefairy offers.



♨ Bubbling Beach ♨


134


Feeling justice course through her veins, Pouli lunges at Golisopod, the power of Thunder cracking about her Fangs. She sinks a hard bite into the insect's arm, giving it quite a shock. Golisopod is unable to react, suddenly inflicted with a bout of paralysis, giving Pansear another opening to strike. She lunges in and delivers another Fire Punch, this one right to the gut. Suddenly, you notice a clear change in Golisopod's demeanor as instinct overwhelms it. It quickly heads for the exit to its lair, making a hasty Emergency Exit. Wimpod, seeing his boss has evacuated the premises, darts for the door as well, though Pansear clocks him with one last Fire Punch before he can make his full escape.

Pouli gained a level!

With the two theives now gone, Pansear heaves a weary sigh, but looks satisfied. She goes over to the horde piled in the back of the lair and begins to rifle through it, eventually pulling out a necklace made of dried sea grass woven around various shards of shells, sea glass, sparkling rocks and gems. Her eyes light up as she ties it around her neck again, quite happy to have the gift from her sweetheart back. She's not quite done rifling, though, as she grabs a bluish stone and chucks it to Pouli.


"Here, might as well take something for your troubles, right?" she says as it lands at Pouli's feet.

The stone is blue and translucent, the color of sea water, with what appears to be bubbles sealed in it - a quite familiar Water Stone.

"Now, didn't you have a friend could use a bit of rescuing?" Pansear suggests.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #197
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
★ Starlight Summit ★


Missingno. Master

With only remnants of the flock of Woobat blocking the party's path, everyone takes battle stations as they ready to push through and proceed. Cotton takes the lead this time, going in for a burst of Dazzling Gleam. The bright light and magical energy is enough to send quite a bit of the Woobat back into the dark, clearing a way into the rest of the cave. However, a few of the bats are not so easily deterred, as a new group comes swooping in, but is quickly met by Tinnitus and a blast of Bubblebeam, the soapy attack being enough to deter further dives. Chromium, meanwhile, is on one-on-one duty, and manages to knock away two obnoxious Woobat looking to make trouble with a hard-hitting Mega Punch, sending them flying off before they can pester the Clefairy again.

With another wave sent packing, they move forward, just about to make it through the mouth of the passage when another group swoops down for one last attempt. Cotton, however, is having none of this, and blasts them with a Thunderbolt. After more volts than they were bargaining for race through their bodies, the bats disperse, and they are free to proceed.

"Thank you so much!" the Clefairy chimes one the group is successfully to safety, "I am just so grateful to the lot of you! Let me show you out of the cave - we're actually not that far from an exit!"

Surely enough, the group was only a few moments walk from the end of their spelunking expedition, and when they emerged, they found that the light they stepped into was quickly waining - it appeared the sun had begun to set and the lip of the crater they had stumbled into was casting a long shadow over the cave's mouth. Upon reappearing, the group quickly notes a familiar face. The Mime Jr. from earlier whose ball you had offered to retrieve has found himself here as well, and bounces towards you gleefully.

"Oh, you found my ball! Oh thank you, thank you!" he hops about, taking back his shining orb, "Here, for all your hard work, take these! I found them around here but I think you might be able to use them more than I can!"

The Mime produces a strange lump of what appears to be cream - a Whipped Dream - and a Roseli Berry. With his ball in hand and gifts produced, he bounds off, juggling the ball with his psychic powers.

"I'd love to show you some gratitude as well for helping me. It is rather late and I imagine you might want to rest - would you like to come back with me to our home?" Clefairy offers.
The battle continued, with Cotton unleashing a powerful Dazzling Gleam, forcing many Woobat to retreat. Those brave (or fool) enough to not retreat were subjected to the Palpitoad's Bubble Beam, while a few trying to engage Chromium in battle directly were met with her formidable Mega Punch. And what was more, another bunch of Woobat swooped in after this for one final attack, but Cotton was able to repel them quite effectively with his Thunderbolt attack.

The group breathed a collective sigh of relief as the last of the Woobat dispersed. With that, Clefairy thanked them, clearly quite grateful for their help, even offering to show them the way out, as they were apparently not far from an exit. "Well, sure, sounds good to me," grinned Cotton. "But hey, it was nothing, just glad to help, y'know?"

"Yes, it... it was our pleasure," Chromium added, mildly surprised to hear herself say this. After all, this did not directly benefit her, which in the past had always been her primary, if not sole, motivation for doing things for others. And yet, seeing just how grateful the Clefairy was, it seemed to make Chromium feel almost happy. In fact, was she starting to smile a little bit? Judging by the sly grin Cotton gave her, then yes, she was. The Smeargle blushed a bit and tried her best to look indifferent, as they were led back outside by Clefairy.

And soon, it became evident- the ball really did belong to Mime Jr., who happily took back the sphere. He even offered them a few rewards. One was a berry of some sort, and the other was... a handful of whipped cream?"

"Uh... thanks," Chromium remarked, eyeing the whipped cream glob with a weird look. She glanced at Cotton, and rolled her eyes- of course the little glutton was practically drooling over such edible rewards. Well, really, it wasn't so much the Roseli Berry, actually- Cotton seemed much more focused on the other thing.

"...Thank you," Cotton said breathlessly, using Psychic to accept both items. The berry was haphazardly shoved into the Treasure Bag, but he levitate the other thing in front of him, gazing at it almost reverently. "It's so beautiful..."

While Cotton gazed upon his clear favorite of the two rewards, Clefairy offered to let them come back to her home to rest, considering how late it was. Tinnitus bowed in response, giving off vibrations that would hopefully convey the gratitude he was feeling for the Clefairy's generosity. He then turned to the others, and let out more vibrations just to catch their attention.

"-has got to be what's called a Whipped Dream, it can't be anything else- hmm? Huh?" Cotton murmured, snapping out of his trance. He carefully stowed the Whipped Dream away. "O-oh, yes, yes, we'd like to rest, sorry about that," he said sheepishly to Clefairy. Even Chromium nodded in agreement.


*Obtained the Whipped Dream!*

*Obtained the Roseli Berry!*
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #198
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
((Surprise, bitch, I'm ur updooter noo.))

Jerichi: The three Pokemon decided to take advantage of the situation, which was surprising considering that Ai was the one to swipe up the gem bag. So much for coming up with a solution where everybody won! What a bad example for the child! With the skull returned into the general area of the rest of its body, the trio fled the scene and started back towards Sableye's spooky abode.

Once there, the Vulpix having dragged her paws in a sulk, the ghost catches whiff of his favourite treasures. Body language energetic as ever, the creature's lips pulled back to reveal a wild grin of jagged gnashers, “You've got them, you found them, you retrieved my treasures! My pretties, give them back, yesyesyes!” The Sableye seemed to warp forward, snatching back the sack with swift claws. He yanked the sack open, hurling the cloth at his saviours and the ghost gem (after briefly sniffing it to see if it was appetizing, which it wasn't), and sighed with relief and satisfaction to find that everything was there.

“So, how did you do it?” Sableye asked, eye-stones gleaming almost malevolently as he listened to the tale recounted. He nodded along, likely revelling in the struggles of the poor Carbink, pleased at the result. The Pokemon faltered upon learning that he was supposed to apologise. “Apologise, to them?! For a simple mistake?! They're liars, I am no Pokemon eater, I would never munch on those poor, foul-tasting fairies! Not with intention, no no no!” The dual-type seemed to have gotten caught up ranting and raving. Violette's attention drifted, ears twitching, beautiful eyes staring out onto the ice. She had noticed something. Eventually the other three did, too.

On the horizon, a horde of Carbink floated towards the downed vessel, anger seeming to radiate from them. Your three Pokemon had burst into their cavern, disrespected the dead and stolen a sack of gems in front of their salad skeleton on behalf of some evil, Carbink-eating Sableye and expected to get away with it? Not bloody likely.

What do they do?
This whole situation has been going increasingly poorly from the beginning, Ai thought, and now it somehow had managed to become significantly worse. Not only was Sableye refusing their request to apologize to the Carbink for his clear indifference and mistake, but those same Carbink enraged by his actions were currently heading their way to settle both their score with the trickster ghost, as well as the group after their less-than-elegant re-theft of the gems they had taken in an act of justice. Ai was definitely hoping to avoid a fight... but it might come to it if they're not careful.

"Ugh, what are we going to do?" the Kecleon mumbled to herself nervously.

"Take them on!" Koi responded in spite of the clearly rhetoric nature of her question.

"No, that will just make things worse!" Ai insisted.

"Bah, fine," Koi conceded, "Then if we're not going to something about this, someone is."

Koi turned to Sableye, glaring at the ghost intensely. He stomps over, puffing his chest out to look as intimidating as he can. Raising a fist ready to smack him upside the head with a Feint Attack, he starts giving as gruff and grizzly of a threatening talk to Sableye as he can manage.

"Look, dude, I'm not in the mood to have my butt Moonblasted to Kalos and back, so you're going to go out there and deal with those crazy diamonds before they turn you into a shadow of the shadow you are. Got that?"

While Koi was busy being threatening, Ai kept a nervous lookout, watching the Carbink's approach. She was prepared to take defensive measures if needed, such as preparing a Substitute, but hoped that this matter could be solved peacefully so she wouldn't have to resort to a Nasty Plot filled with Water Pulses. Of course, the unpredictable variable here was Violette, who, upon noticing the incoming heat, though them to still be friends.

"Ooooh, oooh! Friends, friends!" she chirped, bouncing around.

"Shhhh, honey," Ai tried to calm her with a hasty whisper, thinking on her feet, "This is supposed to be a surprise! Don't ruin the surprise!"

The little fox quieted down almost immediately, but hopefully it wasn't too little, too late.


Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #199
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
Jeri: This was a wild ride which was rapidly spiralling downwards, and Ai wanted to get off. While Koi ranted and raved at the frantic Sableye, she considered all of the ways that she could avoid aggressive conflict such as a substitute or a discussion, but also all of the moves she could fire at the army of approaching fairies. As they neared, tired and angry grumblings echoed across the ice, and Violette's ears flopped. She had possibly overheard that not all were the friends she hoped them to be.

“Ahh! They're coming! You were followed, you didn't cover your tracks, eliminate the problems! I'm not going out there! No, no, no! Absolutely not!” The Sableye ranted off, now mostly ignoring the Kecleon's complaints to panic about the invaders. The rock creatures fanned out, floating in a formation to surround the boat in a slow and formidable circle, beady eyes shining through any breakages in the hull. A few came closer to the main entrance, one of the Carbinks seeming to act as a leader.

“Kecleons and Vulpix, we allowed you into our home. Our friend listened to you, was willing to compromise with you about the treasure, but it was all a sham!” The voice of the rattled Carbink was like something from a horror flick, warped and deep and carrying despite the winds of the environment, “You lied to us! You disrespected the spirit of the caverns, you stole the gems for a cannibalistic, mortal enemy of ours! And now, you must pay! You will all pay!”

These Carbink have the trio surrounded on all sides. Time to get plotting, nasty or not. What to do next?
__________________
Meetan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #200
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post

Lil'twick

Bracken doesn't seem at all concerned with his current situation, strange as it is. Kicking back and relaxing while he hits some chords,
the Pansage allows the Whismur army to carry him wherever it is they're going; it's noce to have admirers, after all, even if these don't speak much. If at all.
Minutes turn to hours, the same green uneventful landscape everywhere he looks. But at long last, the Whismur come to a halt, and the Pansge turns over to see why: a massive castle made of ancient, solid wood and vines as thick as Onix rises in the middle of Radiant Rainforest, an impressive construction that would make even the most artistic Smeargle proud; Towers sculpted out of whole tree trunks rise on all four corners of the fortress, and a large mahogany gate opens to let the regiment through.
Once the Whismur carry Bracken inside, they unceremoniously dump him on the floor by the entrance, where he is forcefully lifted up by his armpits by a pair of bulky Loudred... who immediately proceed to chain his arms and legs!

"HOPE YOU'RE IN TUNE, MONKEY," yells one of the Loudred, as if it could ever speak in a lower tone anyway. "OTHERWISE IT WON'T END WELL FOR YOU."

"AND NOT FOR THE WHISMUR REGIMENT WHO BROUGHT YOU IN EITHER," continued the other, shouting just as loud. "HIS MAJESTY DON'T TAKE KINDLY TO CON ARTISTS."

The two Loudred carry Bracken through a number of corridors, before arriving at what seems to be the castle's prison, then (again,
rather brutishly and unceremoniously) toss him into a small cell and lock the wooden-barred door.

"WHAT DO YOU RECKON HE'LL WANNA HEAR TODAY?" inquires one of the Loudred to his partner as they walk away laughing.

"I DUNNO, HE'S BIG INTO THAT OLD ROCK BAND WITH A BUNCH OF LETTERS, NAMED AFTER ELECTRICITY STUFF OR WHATEVER,"
replies the second guard, before stopping by the door at the end of the corridor.

It seems Bracken has been recruited to perform for someone... or rather, coerced into doing it! What can he do though? Should he wait and put on a stellar performance like only he can, or try to break out of jail and back to Terrance before showtime?

~~~

After a long while of following forty simultaneous footsteps for several miles into the woods, Terrance finally arrives at his destination -
a fort made of wood, clearly the megalomaniac work of someone who considers themselves a big shot in Radiant Rainforest, judging by the sheer size of the wood castle... Peeking over some tall bushes from a safe distance, the Timburr assesses the situation: there seem to be two Loudred guards at the door, casually talking about something that, for once, Terrance wished he could hear; nobody seems to be occupying the turrets or the tower windows though... Clearly, Bracken must be inside. If only he could squeeze some more information out of this whole deal! Either way, making his way inside should be the priority if he wants to rescue Bracken... if he even needs rescuing to begin with! What will Terrance's approach be?
The chill Pansage accessed the situation and decided to simply accept what was going on. If they wanted him to put on a show, then so be it. He was already prepping to make his debut on this boring ass island anyways, so this didn't really make a difference. Why would he even have to worry? This was the opportunity he wanted, the type of scenario to jump start the creative juices. While he wasn't much of a fan of doing covers, it seemed that's what his Loudred guards were alluding to. If this so called king wanted a show, he would get one.

~~

Terrance, meanwhile, eventually managed to find his way to a wooden stronghold. Though, it wasn't hard, considering the tracks of the Whismur horde leading him to his place. Going into the bushels, the Timburr wondered what the guards were speaking of. He wished he could hear for one second, and then scoffed at the idea. He was perfectly fine with who he was. There was no need to wish for useless fantasies. He was who he was, and that was final. At this point, it was more of trying to figure out where his "friend" was being held captive. Friend in a loose sense. This was apparently a bonding experience, after all. That idiot was probably enjoying himself, knowing he'd be performing for a large crowd. No matter what the actual cost for it was. At this point, he could just leave the Pansage. He certainly wanted to. Or, he could burn down the fort. Pragmatism was something he certainly wasn't above. It was a simple enough idea. Looking for a blind spot, Terrance rushed towards the fort, with a Fire Punch charged up while his log was safely balanced in his other hand.
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.