UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #101
Meetan
Soul Badge

Sandaa: You were glad to have time for the Phanpy to get used to you after all, and even more glad to have found someone with the item you needed. The brunette slipped her sunglasses over her eyes, and after packing up the rest of her things into a stylish straw tote, she began starting down the beach towards the shore.

“Oh, you're one of the guys who was fighting. And I'm Bianca.” She offered you the briefest of handshakes, veering off a bit to the right. Obviously, you and Phanpy followed. “At least we had you both there. Everyone else ran off like cowards-- not that I can really talk, but my Pokemon are more style over battle, and it would've been pointless to give those things more to beat on. Cute Phanpy.” You get the impression that she was probably a bit snooty, not entirely because of what comes out of her glossy lips, but also because of how she carried herself and spoke. Bianca exuded self-importance in spades, and if she dug herself into a hole, could probably buy herself aid back out. After all, she was rocking designer clothes and had her own boat docked. “I'm surprised nobody caught the damn thing. What's the rope for, anyway?”

Do you answer, or divert?

-

Medlan Dia: It wasn't so much that the Clauncher's attack stat hadn't dropped, but more that it barely mattered. It was relying on its renowned water sniping abilities given that nothing had gotten close enough for another vice grip, although it obviously wanted Nadie in one of its wonky claws. A well-timed water gun dashed through the first bubble attack, but not quite the second or the full gust. The windy move did little, and although the bubble had its boost, Clauncher's typing and carapace meant it wasn't particularly impressive. However, backed up by an assurance from the confident bat, the demoralised troublemaker was looking pretty weak.

“Quick, Ami! If you catch it, maybe you can be friends!” Simon called out from where they were huddled. It made sense, you had even been given a Dive Ball by the girl you helped (well, Celia had it, but if you asked for it she would probably hand it over rather than make an impulsive beginnings to thievery), and Cordina Peak was known for being the place where people made lifelong Pokemon friends in Minnao. Of course, if looks could kill, the Clauncher might have single-handedly murdered everything in the isles that it had come across, so there was that. Oh well, not everything could go swimmingly. As if to point that out, Clauncher fired a powerful, double jet of water at Nadie out of resentment and stubbornness. What will you do?
Old 09-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #102
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

Medlan Dia: It wasn't so much that the Clauncher's attack stat hadn't dropped, but more that it barely mattered. It was relying on its renowned water sniping abilities given that nothing had gotten close enough for another vice grip, although it obviously wanted Nadie in one of its wonky claws. A well-timed water gun dashed through the first bubble attack, but not quite the second or the full gust. The windy move did little, and although the bubble had its boost, Clauncher's typing and carapace meant it wasn't particularly impressive. However, backed up by an assurance from the confident bat, the demoralised troublemaker was looking pretty weak.

“Quick, Ami! If you catch it, maybe you can be friends!” Simon called out from where they were huddled. It made sense, you had even been given a Dive Ball by the girl you helped (well, Celia had it, but if you asked for it she would probably hand it over rather than make an impulsive beginnings to thievery), and Cordina Peak was known for being the place where people made lifelong Pokemon friends in Minnao. Of course, if looks could kill, the Clauncher might have single-handedly murdered everything in the isles that it had come across, so there was that. Oh well, not everything could go swimmingly. As if to point that out, Clauncher fired a powerful, double jet of water at Nadie out of resentment and stubbornness. What will you do?
Well, the thing may have been particularly skilled at diverting attacks against it, but it was pretty clear at this point that the clauncher was getting tired out. It made sense, though- there was little chance that the beautifly just let it hang around, especially if Ami's suspicions were correct! Between that and getting double teamed upon right now, it was only natural that it'd be having a tough time at the moment!

"Well, I did come here to catch something, so that's not a bad idea at all!" she called back to the kids. "Give me a sec Nadie, keep your distance and scramble its mind with Confusion! Bell, just sit back and blow another Bubble at it." These orders were more to keep the thing distracted so that it didn't try to turn her into a messy pile of bone and guts as she headed toward the local youth in order to retrieve the dive ball. Besides, the weaker it was, the less likely it was to bat the wave-patterned blue sphere away- that was always an annoying happening, after all!

"Thank you!" she said politely once she had the orb in hand. "Now, let's see if I can get this to work..." Ami watched the clauncher's movements carefully, looking for a prime time to rear back and throw... and took the chance. And hey, even if this one failed, she still had the pokeballs she had brought with her for this very purpose- the Water Gun Pokemon was as good as hers!

Probably.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 09-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #103
Meetan
Soul Badge

Medlan Dia: Indeed, the Clauncher was tired, and on his last legs. Although it was trying to hide it, he was huffing and puffing, body heaving with every breath and his movements sluggish. You agreed with Simon that his suggestion worked for you, since you had come to Cordina Peak for the same reason as many others did and will continue to do: to find a companion to join you, Nadie and Bell for the rest of your days.

Celia happily handed the sphere over to you, wishing you the best of luck-- not that you need it. If this was a game, the health bar would probably read '1'. Clauncher was confused and practically moving as if he were drunk, swinging a bigger claw to water gun away a few of the bubbles-- but most of the attack just went through the trees. The infestation was still bugging him. For all the troublemaking he caused, this relentless barrage probably made you look like an evil mastermind to the damn thing. Talk about karma and all that, maybe it'd be a lesson learned-- or he'd just spend your life-long planning revenge. Time to find out.

Between you and whatever fight the Beautifly and runaway kids gave it, Clauncher was a mess, and a well-aimed and timed throw to the back had the creature swallowed up into the Dive Ball. It was no surprise when the item barely rocked once before clicking and making a satisfying 'boof' sound. Regardless of any resentment, Clauncher probably felt relieved and needed the respite. Behind you the children cheer and come forward, and Celia claps her hands delicately.

“That was wonderful.” She complimented, and Simon nodded.
“Yeah, that was cool! You sure showed it who's boss!” He added, crouching down, “Bell's pretty strong for something so small. Look at all those other bugs!”
“Stop staring, you'll freak her out. How would you like it?” Angelica said, but Simon shrugged, happy to admire Bell anyway, “I like Nadie the most, she's got a cute nose.”

It seemed that you had saved the day, powerpuff girl. The children had even forgotten all their worries in the midst of your amazing show! What next?
Old 09-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #104
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Medlan Dia: Indeed, the Clauncher was tired, and on his last legs. Although it was trying to hide it, he was huffing and puffing, body heaving with every breath and his movements sluggish. You agreed with Simon that his suggestion worked for you, since you had come to Cordina Peak for the same reason as many others did and will continue to do: to find a companion to join you, Nadie and Bell for the rest of your days.

Celia happily handed the sphere over to you, wishing you the best of luck-- not that you need it. If this was a game, the health bar would probably read '1'. Clauncher was confused and practically moving as if he were drunk, swinging a bigger claw to water gun away a few of the bubbles-- but most of the attack just went through the trees. The infestation was still bugging him. For all the troublemaking he caused, this relentless barrage probably made you look like an evil mastermind to the damn thing. Talk about karma and all that, maybe it'd be a lesson learned-- or he'd just spend your life-long planning revenge. Time to find out.

Between you and whatever fight the Beautifly and runaway kids gave it, Clauncher was a mess, and a well-aimed and timed throw to the back had the creature swallowed up into the Dive Ball. It was no surprise when the item barely rocked once before clicking and making a satisfying 'boof' sound. Regardless of any resentment, Clauncher probably felt relieved and needed the respite. Behind you the children cheer and come forward, and Celia claps her hands delicately.

“That was wonderful.” She complimented, and Simon nodded.
“Yeah, that was cool! You sure showed it who's boss!” He added, crouching down, “Bell's pretty strong for something so small. Look at all those other bugs!”
“Stop staring, you'll freak her out. How would you like it?” Angelica said, but Simon shrugged, happy to admire Bell anyway, “I like Nadie the most, she's got a cute nose.”

It seemed that you had saved the day, powerpuff girl. The children had even forgotten all their worries in the midst of your amazing show! What next?
A quick change of hands, a swift flight through the air, and merely a single shake was all it took to fill the ball in a matter of seconds. Wait, only one shake? It was quite the rarity for a trainer who had never truly captured a pokemon to see this happen, so it was only natural that Ami was a little dumbfounded. "Was that just... a Critical Capture?" She shook her head in disbelief and picked up the seemingly-miraculous dive ball, thanking and complimenting her pokemon as she passed. Whatever the case, it got the job done at the first try- no trainer's going to complain about that!

The woobat and dewpider looked a little sheepish under the childrens' praise, both not convinced that they were really all that great. It did take the two of them together to wear the lobster down, and that wasn't counting what the Butterfly Pokemon had done to it beforehand. Still, praise was praise was in the dewpider's eyes, so he stood strong while Nadie squirmed slightly in discomfort.

Ami couldn't help by chuckle at the groups interactions. "Actually, they're both male," she corrected. "That seems to be a common mistake for Nadie, though, so don't worry about it!" She fished the pokedex back out of her bag and held it up to her catch. "Speaking of, let's see what this one is!" She nodded as the device droned out the clauncher's stats, then pocketed both items. "Well, it would probably be a bad idea to try interacting with them while they're so weak and angry, so I'll leave'em in here until I get to a pokemon center."

She took a moment to look around and listen to the immediate area. "It seems that the mission is accomplished, but... that was quite a few people just now. I'm not sure if the Infestation was enough to scare them all off for good..." She sighed with a shrug. "Well, at least there's the chance that they won't, right?"

Old 09-08-2017, 05:33 PM   #105
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: Aquarius had a lot of arms, but part of the issue was obviously holding onto whatever they fetched-- and the fact that the boat, honestly, wasn't big enough for everything it would bring back if it tried to clean up more than the lures. “We might need to evacuate the boat. Could Aquarius carry us on her back?” Jack asked over the furore of conflict, “At this rate it might be safer than the boat, we could have my wife's Croconaw bring the boat back later or yours tow it back once this is ended!” He was naturally being optimistic, which was understandable. Sure, he was old and getting on, but nobody wanted to meet an end by drowning or devouring of all fates.

Your strategy was dangerous, but necessary. Without Aster and Meowth so willing to help out, the Basculin was left to take on the sea demon solo, and she was undoubtedly weaker than any Gyarados-- a species known for fleeing these enemies on sight. The force of the take down does have a draw, and the school of Wishiwashi flinch in perfect sync at the damage they take. Pisces was flung some distance overhead, splashing into the water. Jack called out to her, panicked for your Pokemon, but rage has a side effect, and this predator had been raging long before you demanded she be.

Like a smaller, aquatic Hulk, Pisces surges through the water with speed and determination, any injury not having seemed to phase her. As if she, too, were a demon, the lake seems to rise up beneath her like a waterfall, gradually rising up to push the Wishiwashi upwards and crash down; buffing it back. Then, another strike with a severe aqua tail. Water moves obviously didn't do much in the grand scheme of things, but bolstered by Pisces' rage, it had to be dealing some pain. That was the problem, though. In response, Wishiwashi encased itself in a ring of aqua, restoring lost health a little at a time, and then hit Pisces with a perfectly accurate feint attack with one of its massive fins. Something had to give. Pisces couldn't do this alone. You needed your other Pokemon to get it together, or for Aquarius to hurry up, or something. What would you do?
As Jack voiced the possibility that the boat might need to be evacuated, he asked Keith if Aquarius could carry them. "Without a doubt," Keith reassured him. "And Neville's just as capable there as well, too," he added. Jack was being quite optimistic, but so was Keith- optimism was just how he rolled. He was never one to give up hope, and this time would be no exception.

The battle was getting underway, meanwhile- Wishiwashi's Take Down sent Pisces flying, but the Basculin was by no means ready to surrender. Indeed, channeling her Rage and fury like Keith had commanded was only serving to power her up, and she landed some relatively impressive blows with Waterfall and Aqua Tail. Wishiwashi's natural resistance to Water was surely being offset by Pisces's Adaptability, which served to greatly power up moves what shared her type- moreso than such moves would already get powered up, that is to say. Between that and the effects of Rage, Pisces was proving a worthy opponent. But as Wishiwashi responded with Aqua Ring, Keith knew- even Pisces's formidable power wasn't gonna cut it. Not by itself.

"Neville! Aster!" Keith exclaimed sharply, catching the attention of both Poison-types. "Alright, I know Wishiwashi's got you not wanting to fight so much, but you gotta shake it off- it's gonna take all of us to come out on top here!"

'Ma... Mareanie!" Aster nodded.

"Gaaaalgeeee!" agreed Neville.

Keith grinned. He knew Tearful Look's effect wasn't quite negated, but he knew his Pokémon would at least give it a shot. That's all he could really ask of them.

"Alright, then, in order now," Keith stated. "Pisces, use Toxic! Neville, use Venoshock! Aster, use Peck!" He then turned to his Tentacruel. "Keep doing what you're doing, Aquarius," he added. "But be ready to evacuate us from the boat at a moment's notice!"

"Tentacruuuel," nodded the Jellyfish Pokémon. She prepared to submerge herself once more for another load of lures.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:37 PM   #106
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa: You were glad to have time for the Phanpy to get used to you after all, and even more glad to have found someone with the item you needed. The brunette slipped her sunglasses over her eyes, and after packing up the rest of her things into a stylish straw tote, she began starting down the beach towards the shore.

“Oh, you're one of the guys who was fighting. And I'm Bianca.” She offered you the briefest of handshakes, veering off a bit to the right. Obviously, you and Phanpy followed. “At least we had you both there. Everyone else ran off like cowards-- not that I can really talk, but my Pokemon are more style over battle, and it would've been pointless to give those things more to beat on. Cute Phanpy.” You get the impression that she was probably a bit snooty, not entirely because of what comes out of her glossy lips, but also because of how she carried herself and spoke. Bianca exuded self-importance in spades, and if she dug herself into a hole, could probably buy herself aid back out. After all, she was rocking designer clothes and had her own boat docked. “I'm surprised nobody caught the damn thing. What's the rope for, anyway?”

Do you answer, or divert?
Gary smiled as the woman introduced herself as Bianca and the two of them along with Phanpy made their way down the beach towards her boat. Judging from her top of the line clothing and her dialogue and actions, Gary could see that Bianca was the kind of person who valued style over substance. Additionally, he could also tell that Bianca wasn’t the type to get her hands dirty when something needed to be done. Which he was fine with however, because he would gladly fill that role if his assistance was ever needed. To each their own, he thought.

As their conversation carried on, the higher being that controls all of Gary’s actions had finally gotten a day of rest and filled up his belly, so it was time for Gary to give an answer when Bianca asked him what the rope was needed for. “Well,” he replied while balancing the box against his chest with one hand and scratching the back of his head with the other as a sheepish grin crept onto his face, “It’s for the Feraligatr itself… I was going to try and relocate it to a safer location for both it and for the people by dragging it through the water.”

Gary let out a nervous chuckle, unsure if his honesty was too straightforward or not. That’s just how he was though; brutally honest and wears his heart on his sleeve. He looked down at the Phanpy walking alongside him momentarily, still uncertain if the young elephant would end up becoming his newest partner or not. “If I can make the beach safe for all of its residents like this little guy, that’s all the motivation I need,” he said, trailing off as he mumbled it more to himself than anyone else.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 09-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #107
Meetan
Soul Badge

Medlan Dia: As a fledgling trainer, it was a really great day. To be under the warm rays of the sun in this beautiful place, making a critical capture after a tough battle-- perfect. On top of that, you took note of the fact that Bell and Nadie both looked stronger. Bell and Nadie had grown for their assistance in subduing Clauncher. Bell handled the attention of the children a lot better than his winged companion, and Celia pulled her judgemental gaze from the other two to hand you your other prize.

“Oh, this is for you, too, before I forget.” Celia handed over $200 that the girl had stuffed into her hand in crumpled note form. “I doubt those boys would come back so soon after Bell's infestation attack. It's pretty scary.”
“Yeah, and if they do, we'll just say our trainer friend will come back and do it again!” Simon laughed evilly, as if imagining an encore of the screaming and running.
“And if they call our bluff?” Angelica challenged.
“... We make our own Bell-friend who can do it for us?” Simon answered after a moment. Angelica struck back with a 'how do you figure to do that?!' and another family fight broke out.
“-- Anyway. You should get to the Pokemon Centre, that Clauncher took a lot of damage, and you might be able to find that girl there waiting on the Beautifly.” Celia advised. That's definitely a good idea, and one worth considering. The adventure was short, but definitely fun, and you've made some friends and fans for life if you ever considered a return! Upon arriving at the Pokemon Centre, it's easier to get some details of your new, rough-housing crustacean, and you notice that Nadie and Bell had earned three levels each! Neat.

Adventure Rewards:
1x Dive Ball
$200
Level 12 Male Clauncher: Splash, Water Gun, Water Sport, Vice Grip, Bubble

The people of Minnao Isle were delighted that you came to visit! Now get out.

-

Missingno. Master: Optimism was just how you rolled, poison pants out of control, and you were sure that everything would work out if you all collaborated and kept your heads held high. Aquarius dove down for another batch of lures, which would be running out so long as she didn't drop too many, which would give her time to either grab some more of the junk from the bottom or aid in your battle efforts. As it was, though, your discouraged Pokemon understood that while the monster facing them was scary and emotional, they needed to do the right thing-- which was make sure you didn't end up drowned and-or devoured.

Pisces vomits a purple goo, one that sizzled and seeped into Wishiwashi's scales. Some of it slid off into the water, fizzing and bubbling, which wasn't a surprise given how moist its outside must have been from the aqua ring. Still, if the way it reacted to Neville's venoshock was any indication, the fish's toxic had done its job, because it groaned and smacked at the water in upset. “It's working!” Jack called behind you. It was Aster's turn next, and the scared Mareanie gathered her courage before leaping from the boat to land a peck onto the opponent. It wasn't a strong move, but it was something, and everything counted when trying to outmatch the speed of the aqua ring's recovery effect. Aster propelled herself off Wishiwashi to land back onto the boat, which rocked from the force-- but that was when Jack realised that the assault on the vessel had significantly lowered since Aquarius had begun dumping lures and litter onto the wooden floor.

“Keep going! I think we can do this!” Jack said. At that, though, the Wishiwashi charged forward again. It hit Pisces with another take down, and while it hurt less than the last, the gap in strength between your water-type and the one you were fighting was great. As if to let you know that your attempt to form a gang hadn't gone unnoticed, Wishiwashi spat some brine resentfully at Aster, as if to try and deter her from coming near it again. You're clearly making progress, but this battle is something else... What do you do?

-

Sandaa: Bianca hummed, glancing at you as you took one hand off her precious cool box. Drop it and damage it and you could be in debt for life with branding and contents like that, peasant. If she actually had that thought, it didn't show, however. She seemed more impressed by the answer you gave. “That's a good idea, although it will just go around bullying Pokemon and people wherever you move it to. That's just life, though, I suppose. Let the self-righteous natives handle it if you can move it their direction.” She added in suggestion, her tone airy and yet toxic. It was obvious what side of the local conflict Bianca stood on. She was no doubt tired of protestors and religious types ruining her respite.

“Well, you already made it safe once, so you should be plenty motivated after that. I'm sure people won't forget a day like this, either, even if nobody knows who you are.” A double-edged compliment, maybe, but it depended on how you handled it. The attention from the children had been good and bad, after all, and dealing with that on a mass scale was probably not something that you, Terra or Aero would enjoy.

A little way ahead, by what looked to be a little wooden pier that didn't stretch out very far, a single yacht had been anchored. Sure, there were bigger about, but it was still clean and white and looked majestic even in its lonesome. A Milotic had been embellished on one side, and something was scrawled elegantly beneath in azure cursive. Even the sails matched, although they were currently furled away. “There she is,” Bianca said as you both made your approach, “Millobell's Crest.”

Last edited by Meetan; 09-09-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #108
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Medlan Dia: As a fledgling trainer, it was a really great day. To be under the warm rays of the sun in this beautiful place, making a critical capture after a tough battle-- perfect. On top of that, you took note of the fact that Bell and Nadie both looked stronger. Bell and Nadie had grown for their assistance in subduing Clauncher. Bell handled the attention of the children a lot better than his winged companion, and Celia pulled her judgemental gaze from the other two to hand you your other prize.

“Oh, this is for you, too, before I forget.” Celia handed over $200 that the girl had stuffed into her hand in crumpled note form. “I doubt those boys would come back so soon after Bell's infestation attack. It's pretty scary.”
“Yeah, and if they do, we'll just say our trainer friend will come back and do it again!” Simon laughed evilly, as if imagining an encore of the screaming and running.
“And if they call our bluff?” Angelica challenged.
“... We make our own Bell-friend who can do it for us?” Simon answered after a moment. Angelica struck back with a 'how do you figure to do that?!' and another family fight broke out.
“-- Anyway. You should get to the Pokemon Centre, that Clauncher took a lot of damage, and you might be able to find that girl there waiting on the Beautifly.” Celia advised. That's definitely a good idea, and one worth considering. The adventure was short, but definitely fun, and you've made some friends and fans for life if you ever considered a return! Upon arriving at the Pokemon Centre, it's easier to get some details of your new, rough-housing crustacean, and you notice that Nadie and Bell had earned three levels each! Neat.

Adventure Rewards:
1x Dive Ball Already used.
$200
Level 12 Male Clauncher: Splash, Water Gun, Water Sport, Vice Grip, Bubble

The people of Minnao Isle were delighted that you came to visit! Now get out.
Amicae found herself chuckling once more at the twins' antics, the joy of the land easing itself into her once again. The tropical sun shimmered almost blindingly upon the river's surface, providing the only form of strife in the immediate area- not a bad change from the struggles that had just occurred here, to put it plainly. Newly made peace was always the best kind, even if the struggle was a pretty minor one. What a swell day, huh?

"Hehe, that could work! I don't think making one would be all that easy, though," she agreed cheerfully. "I've seen Bell's egg, and we humans aren't quite that skilled with silk!" Bell squeaked in curiosity, not having seen it himself, but his contribution was pretty much ignored.

Ami nodded as Celia gave her a wad of cash and a bit of advice. "Thank you very much, and will do! Be sure not to annoy each other to death, okay?" She turned and headed in the direction the other girl had, waving behind her with her pokemon following behind.

*Nadie was elevated from Lv. 21 to Lv. 24!*

*Bell was elevated from Lv. 13 to Lv. 16!*
*Bell learned Bubblebeam!*

*Gotcha! Clauncher was caught!*

*Amicae received $200!*

The first sign the children got that something was not quite right was the sight of Nadie flying back in their direction, with Ami following shortly after. "Um, sorry about this, but... I actually have no idea where the Pokemon Center is..."

*This adventure is now complete*

Old 09-09-2017, 07:00 PM   #109
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: Optimism was just how you rolled, poison pants out of control, and you were sure that everything would work out if you all collaborated and kept your heads held high. Aquarius dove down for another batch of lures, which would be running out so long as she didn't drop too many, which would give her time to either grab some more of the junk from the bottom or aid in your battle efforts. As it was, though, your discouraged Pokemon understood that while the monster facing them was scary and emotional, they needed to do the right thing-- which was make sure you didn't end up drowned and-or devoured.

Pisces vomits a purple goo, one that sizzled and seeped into Wishiwashi's scales. Some of it slid off into the water, fizzing and bubbling, which wasn't a surprise given how moist its outside must have been from the aqua ring. Still, if the way it reacted to Neville's venoshock was any indication, the fish's toxic had done its job, because it groaned and smacked at the water in upset. “It's working!” Jack called behind you. It was Aster's turn next, and the scared Mareanie gathered her courage before leaping from the boat to land a peck onto the opponent. It wasn't a strong move, but it was something, and everything counted when trying to outmatch the speed of the aqua ring's recovery effect. Aster propelled herself off Wishiwashi to land back onto the boat, which rocked from the force-- but that was when Jack realised that the assault on the vessel had significantly lowered since Aquarius had begun dumping lures and litter onto the wooden floor.

“Keep going! I think we can do this!” Jack said. At that, though, the Wishiwashi charged forward again. It hit Pisces with another take down, and while it hurt less than the last, the gap in strength between your water-type and the one you were fighting was great. As if to let you know that your attempt to form a gang hadn't gone unnoticed, Wishiwashi spat some brine resentfully at Aster, as if to try and deter her from coming near it again. You're clearly making progress, but this battle is something else... What do you do?
Those who knew Keith Golbatson Masters, and knew him well, knew that he was not one to give up easily, regardless of the impossibility of the circumstances. And if the imminent threat of horrific death at the metallic claws of a gigantic evil Heatran with complete control over the volcano he was inside didn't deter Keith, then what hope did this School Form Wishiwashi have of deterring him? And this optimism of Keith's, it tended to be rather contagious, at least insofar as his Pokémon were concerned. He had a way of inspiring courage and determination in his Pokémon, and now was no exception.

Indeed, as his Pokémon attacked, he could only smile and nod in response to Jack's building optimism- things really were starting to go their way. Toxic had hit, Venoshock had dealt great damage, and even Aster- Peck wasn't exactly the strongest of attacks, but considering that the opponent was poisoned, that was gonna make a huge difference. Neville wasn't the only one whose Ability was powering up his attacks in this fight- Aster's Ability was, after all, Merciless. As long as she was attacking a poisoned Pokémon, it was gonna be all critical hits, all the time.

Wishiwashi wasn't out just yet, however. The massive beast landed another Take Down on Pisces, and also spat a Brine Aster's way. The Brutal Star Pokémon cried out in pain, but looked as undeterred as her Trainer, a fact that went neither unnoticed nor unappreciated by Keith. "All right, we can do this!" Keith exclaimed. "Neville, use Venoshock once more! Aster, use your Bite attack! Pisces-"

But Pisces did not wait for orders, for the move she was about to use was something Keith didn't even know she knew. Why she was able to learn it was beyond her understanding. Maybe she was just that awesome. Maybe her training was paying off in a big way. Maybe the dire nature of the current situation got her to unlock a power most Basculin couldn't hope to. Or maybe, just maybe, it was the strong Bond she'd forged with her Trainer over time. She'd come a long way from the days of an insolent, unstable Basculin who only really listened to her Trainer if it happened to work out in her favor, and she'd long since come to respect Keith, really respect him. Seldom was the time she would act without waiting for Keith's orders, but this time, she felt the circumstances called for it, and more to the point, she felt that Keith would agree once he knew exactly what she was up to.

"Bascuuuu..." Pisces began, as she started to charge up for an attack, a powerful attack, the likes of which Keith had never before seen Pisces use... though that's not to say he'd never seen the attack in action.

"No way..." Keith murmured. "That can't be..." And at that moment, his Pokédex spoke up to confirm what he'd already guessed.

"Hydro Cannon- a Water Pokémon's strongest attack," droned the device. "The Pokémon fires an intense and high-pressure stream of water to inflict massive damage; however, the user must recharge afterwards."

"I can't believe it!" Meowth exclaimed, sounding shocked. "Pisces learned Hydro Cannon?!"

"Aw, yeah!" Keith grinned. "Coming from a Water-type with Adaptability? Even something like Wishiwashi's gonna feel that! Go, Pisces! Use Hydro Cannon!!" he exclaimed.

All the while, Aquarius continued her cleanup duties. It was a slow process, but it did seem to be calming Wishiwashi at least somewhat, so she intended to continue.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 09-09-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:37 PM   #110
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa: Bianca hummed, glancing at you as you took one hand off her precious cool box. Drop it and damage it and you could be in debt for life with branding and contents like that, peasant. If she actually had that thought, it didn't show, however. She seemed more impressed by the answer you gave. “That's a good idea, although it will just go around bullying Pokemon and people wherever you move it to. That's just life, though, I suppose. Let the self-righteous natives handle it if you can move it their direction.” She added in suggestion, her tone airy and yet toxic. It was obvious what side of the local conflict Bianca stood on. She was no doubt tired of protestors and religious types ruining her respite.

“Well, you already made it safe once, so you should be plenty motivated after that. I'm sure people won't forget a day like this, either, even if nobody knows who you are.” A double-edged compliment, maybe, but it depended on how you handled it. The attention from the children had been good and bad, after all, and dealing with that on a mass scale was probably not something that you, Terra or Aero would enjoy.

A little way ahead, by what looked to be a little wooden pier that didn't stretch out very far, a single yacht had been anchored. Sure, there were bigger about, but it was still clean and white and looked majestic even in its lonesome. A Milotic had been embellished on one side, and something was scrawled elegantly beneath in azure cursive. Even the sails matched, although they were currently furled away. “There she is,” Bianca said as you both made your approach, “Millobell's Crest.”
Gary tried his best to not involve himself with the politics that were going on in the places he visited. As he listened to Bianca talk, she rambled on about those who were native to the island. He had briefly heard something about protestors, and priests before, but he tried to put it out of his mind as his main focus was exploring the wildlife, not the inhabitants. Surely there was a better way to handle the situation where all sides would be happy, but at this moment Gary’s focus was on clearing the beach and the beach alone. As he held the box in his arms, he was a little curious what might be inside, but it wasn’t really his business to find out.

As Bianca claimed that today would be a day people on the island would remember forever, Gary couldn’t help but let out a chuckle. “I appreciate any gratitude they might have, but that’s not why I did it in any case…” Becoming something of an unknown hero wasn’t really the angle Gary was aiming for, although if he were able to swap contact info with the professor in order to use him as a resource for his research at a later date, he would be cool with that too.

The three of them finally arrived at Bianca’s boat, which happened to be more of a yacht than a dingy. He admired the Milotic that was depicted along the ship’s side, stretching from bow to stern. “Nice boat,” he called out with a smile as they walked closer, “Where would you like me to put this box?”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 09-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #111
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
(High all welcome to my fish crew! Will be taking on Alice, Jeri, Marion, and Ironthunder!~)

Meetan-

The distressed cries of a Pokemon deep within the cove start have you, Lauren, and Lorin concerned. The Red Beach was well populated by tourists, that was well known, so if they messed with the wild life the already unhappy native protesters would go into a frenzy. That was most certainly something that wasn't good for both the public image of the island and the island itself. Tourism was still a prime part of the island's economic growth, and if that was taken away, then soon Minnao would fade away.

Anyways, you start to hear the creature make noise again, yet however it wasn't a distressed cry. It was a song, a beautiful siren song. Yet, the Pokemon's pain can still be heard in its voice, it's beautiful melody changing pitch every so often. Looking at Lauren, the two of you nod at each other and decide to go into the cove. The rustling of your feet make the song stop, and small splashing can be heard. The Pokemon must've been startled.

Making your way into the entrance, the sight in front of your eyes bewilders you. Standing tall in its grace, the Pokemon looks at you with hurt eyes. This was not a small fish Pokemon, not at all. Its neck was long, its shell beautiful like coral, its ears spiraled and horn shining. There was no mistaking it, it was a Lapras. A small light managed to illuminate the cavern for a short period, and the Lapras glistened in the light. It almost looked as if star surrounded the noble and rare creature. Yet, when hte light shown on its skin, it was not a familiar blue hue. No, it was a deep, rich violet. Yet there was a patch of violet marred by red, and a bit of what looked like a harpoon seemed to be stuck in the poor creature's fore right flipper.

"T-That's a Lapras! Not just any Lapras, but a Shiny Lapras! The poor thing is hurt we have to help it!" Lauren exclaimed, her voice filled with enthusiasm and excitement. Lapras were rare outside of Alola, and Shiny Pokemon were even rarer. A mix of those two, now that was a ionce in a lifetime opportunity. However, the Lapras shirked at her voice, seeming scared of the strange new humans.

What do you do?

Jeri-

Swapping out Tenki's Silk Scarf for your Mystic Water, you try and take cover from the colossal Pokemon heading your way. The tyrant does not look pleased, especially with its native sands being drowned up by the deluge your Castform had created. Following your orders, the Pokemon starts to illuminate the cells in its body, creating a blinding flash that covered the area. The Tyranitar covers its eyes, but is too late on that front and acts a bit dizzy. Using this as an opportunity, you and Carson find shelter from the rampaging beast. Yet Tenki was not with you. You look outside to see your Castform valiantly trying to dodge the angered Pokemon's Rock Slide attack. Rocks are hurled at the cloud, with him begin able to avoid most of them due to the Tyranitar's lowered accuracy. However, some of them still hit the Forecast Pokemon, and it's knocked back a few feet.

Not in the mood to mess around, Tenki calls on the very power of the storm it has created. The Mystic Water around his neck starts to glow and rise as the cloud gathers in the raging storm. An orb of rain and thunder forms in front of the Castform, being further amplified by Tenki's new water-typing, the rain, and the mystic water. The Orb seemed as powerful as one of Kyogre's Origin Pulse orbs, and with all of his might Tenki fired it off straight into the green tyrant. It hits square on, exploding into a mass of water onto the Rock-type. The Tryanitar roars in agony, the Weather Ball wreaking havoc onto its entire body. It huffs and puffs, but is not willing to back down. It then notices you, and you feel a chill run down you spine. If looks could kill, you'd be a bloody pulp. Stomping the ground, the Tyranitar creates a prison of rocks behind you and Carson. Tenki quickly flies in front of you, and awaits your orders. There was no running now, it was time to fight for your life.

Marion Ette-

You wander the swamps, wondering what really happened to the man who was this place's namesake. It could've been simple night terrors slowly eroding the man's mind into nothing, or it could've been more. Much, much more. Whatever the cause was, there was an answer here somewhere, lurking under the murky waters. The Pokemon here seemed prone to mischief, but not all of them were tricksters. Some say a terror lives here, born from Moilock. The monster roamed the swamps, devouring the sanity of any who would cross it. Though, this could've been a tall tale to scare children from venturing into the swamp on their own.

You hear movement in the bushes, and look over to see moving vines. Something was watching you. Making your way over, you and your Spritzee look to see nothing was there. Something then grabs your foot, and you're dragged under the water. Grasping for air, you find yourself given the oxygen you need shortly afterwards. You hear shambling, and then a weird noise. Was that a... laugh? Looking behind you, you see a Tangela, it's eyes showing some type of happiness. The vine blob looked like it wanted to play with you. Even if it's idea of playing was almost murdering you.

What do you do?

Ironthunder-

Please see here.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 09-10-2017, 12:54 AM   #112
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Meetan-

The distressed cries of a Pokemon deep within the cove start have you, Lauren, and Lorin concerned. The Red Beach was well populated by tourists, that was well known, so if they messed with the wild life the already unhappy native protesters would go into a frenzy. That was most certainly something that wasn't good for both the public image of the island and the island itself. Tourism was still a prime part of the island's economic growth, and if that was taken away, then soon Minnao would fade away.

Anyways, you start to hear the creature make noise again, yet however it wasn't a distressed cry. It was a song, a beautiful siren song. Yet, the Pokemon's pain can still be heard in its voice, it's beautiful melody changing pitch every so often. Looking at Lauren, the two of you nod at each other and decide to go into the cove. The rustling of your feet make the song stop, and small splashing can be heard. The Pokemon must've been startled.

Making your way into the entrance, the sight in front of your eyes bewilders you. Standing tall in its grace, the Pokemon looks at you with hurt eyes. This was not a small fish Pokemon, not at all. Its neck was long, its shell beautiful like coral, its ears spiraled and horn shining. There was no mistaking it, it was a Lapras. A small light managed to illuminate the cavern for a short period, and the Lapras glistened in the light. It almost looked as if star surrounded the noble and rare creature. Yet, when the light shown on its skin, it was not a familiar blue hue. No, it was a deep, rich violet. Yet there was a patch of violet marred by red, and a bit of what looked like a harpoon seemed to be stuck in the poor creature's fore right flipper.

"T-That's a Lapras! Not just any Lapras, but a Shiny Lapras! The poor thing is hurt we have to help it!" Lauren exclaimed, her voice filled with enthusiasm and excitement. Lapras were rare outside of Alola, and Shiny Pokemon were even rarer. A mix of those two, now that was a ionce in a lifetime opportunity. However, the Lapras shirked at her voice, seeming scared of the strange new humans.

What do you do?
Alice russhed along with Laura, Lotad in hand, their footsteps echoing as they went deeper and deeper into the cave. The siren song lured Alice close, curious and mystified, the tunnel opening up into a wide expanse. The ceilings were high, the sound of water dripping echoing around just as their footsteps did. On a body of water was the answer to their mystery, and also the most beautiful creature Alice had seen.

As Laura had said, it was a shiny Lapras, skin violet rather than blue, and it shimmered in the light. Alice was mesmerised, lost for words or proper thought. However, the mention of the harpoon forced the young woman to snap out of it and take a closer look. Sure enough, creeping towards the edge for better sight, Alice could see the blood and the offending weaponry.

"Oh, you poor baby..." She breathed. Lorin looked up, speaking his name, obviously upset, and the trainer set her Pokemon into the sea water. "Go over and get a better look, Lorin, and let the Lapras know we want to help! -- Ah, do you understand me?" She asked, peering over to the Lapras searchingly. Raising her voice to be sure it carried, the trainer spoke on, "I have an idea! I have a psychic Pokemon, he might be able to pull the harpoon out! Do water moves heal you? Then you could go under the water, or Laura's Poliwhirl could heal you! Otherwise it might get infected and make you sick!" Alice paused, setting her bag down, "I have sweets, if you want them...?" There were poffins and pokeblocks galore to be had, if the creature so desired. Anything to put it at ease.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:49 PM   #113
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
PikaGod: Your summary is short, sweet and effective. The hunk really must have been concussed, because a lightbulb seems to go off in his head, as if you had helped him to understand something of great complexity. “Yeah... Yeah, I think so.” He replied, hand coming up to timidly scratch at the back of his head. “Oh, I was training with my Dewott. She's a real fighter, she'll definitely be making trouble if she can.” Of course, with all of his Poke Balls missing too, chances were the creature had been sealed away, unable to be found by Speaker. “I would appreciate the help, though, for sure. It won't go unrewarded. Oh! I'm Akuma, by the way. You?”

He offers a coarse hand to shake, but whether or not you take it, it's obvious that rising concern for his friend and Pokemon were gnawing at a scattered mind. Akuma's eyes skimmed the beach, and he finally retracts his hand, “I'm gonna ask if anyone's seen my friend. He's a tough guy like me, caramel hair like this--” Akuma makes vague gestures that sort of look like slicked back style with some stray, unkempt bangs, but it's hard to tell. “Had on some sports trunks and a light shirt last I saw him. I'll be around, give me a shout if you find anything, yeah? Thanks again!”

With that, Akuma wandered off at an unstable, brisk pace, to both be a help and hindrance to himself and society. What do you do?
Melody was a little shook, to be quite honest, sorta wondering if the man was more than just concussed. Like he could have just been very dumb and Melody would have believed it. That was always the case wasn't it, easy on the eye and slight in the mind. But at least Akuma has given her a description of his friend, well a sorta description of his friend. It was better than nothing, though, so Melody could at least have start on doing something.

"Okay Speaker," said Melody looking down at the Whismur, "I know that there is a very slim chance that you could detect Akuma's Dewott, but I would like you to try and pick up any signs of a Dewott."

Melody pulled out her Pokedex, the computer completely bedazzled obviously, and scrolled through it for a couple of seconds, stopping when she got to the pokedex entry she was after. Thankfully one of her backup dancers had a Dewott, and Melody had been smart enough to scan the pokemon when she had seen it.

"This is what a Dewott's cry sounds like," she said, playing the cry for Speaker to pick up. "So if you can find anything like it, let me know and we will follow."

So that was one possible plan of action, but Melody couldn't just rely on that unfortunately. She needed something else to do, but that was where the problem lied. She had no idea what on earth to do, or really where to start. Melody looked back down at Speaker.

"I know I'm already asking you to do a lot, but could you please keep an ear out for anything that sounds like a group attacking people. Akuma said he was attacked by a group of people, and I assume that they wouldn't just attack one person and call it a day."

Melody wasn't too confident in the plan, but she needed to get something done.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:01 PM   #114
Meetan
Soul Badge

Missingno. Master: Abilities, crits and bonds, oh my! Moments before, the battle had looked dire from an outsider's point of view-- especially from the narrator's, who had been tempted to kill everyone on the boat about three posts ago at the very least. It seemed that the combined optimism of you and Keith had sent good vibes all around, and where Wishiwashi had been the contender to win seconds ago... Well.

The School Form took quite the beating, one that supported the Elite Four candidate claim through and through. The Merciless Mareanie, shining in the sunlight, flung through the air to land a ferocious bite onto the wriggling skin of the fish; her attack in support of Neville's nasty venoshock. The big boss was wailing and growling in a gross manner almost like something being strangled. It truly did sound demonic in nature, but it was nothing compared to the sound it made next. Even with the aqua ring continuously healing it, the damage being taken was just too much, and Pisces' strike was overkill. Your Pokemon were certainly making you proud (and shocked). The same could be said of Jack, who watched the Basculin in awe.

The cannon of water was strong enough to send the Wishiwashi back some distance, but it did more than that. The monster seemed to fizzle, cracks of white-blue light beginning to form as if a vase were shattering. In a mass of foam and water, the individual Wishiwashi could be seen transitioning from a turqoise to their regular pale colour, falling apart into the lake like a dismantled puzzle. All of them were fainted, splattering beneath the surface. Wishiwashi was down! Jack 'whoo'ted in celebration, punching the air as he stood, earning a surprised jump from Aster. Aster and Pisces had both gained three levels, Meowth earned one, and as Aquarius rose from the depths to dump another bunch of items onto the deck, it was obvious that they had grown in the process, too (by two levels, to be exact).

“Thank goodness... Wow. I thought we were dead for sure.” Jack said. He doubled over, hands on exposed knees. The lake seemed calm now, the silence almost eerie in the near vicinity. Music could still be heard from the 'party boat' experience, but if they got killed by rabid fish then that would only serve them right at this point. “Thank you very much, everyone. You did a splendid job. Especially you, Aquarius, I wouldn't be here without you.” The fisherman added. Looking up at you, the man added, “Perhaps we should go back? Just for now, at least. We need to tidy the boat and make sure it's in good shape, and let these Pokemon regain themselves before we start another battle. I'm not sure my heart could take that.”

Do you go back, or do you YOLO it and go and grab a fainted fish or something?

-

Sandaa: Bianca moved ahead of you so that she could embark more easily, climbing up a ladder and hoisting herself up so that she could lower a ramp for you. The floor was mostly tidy, although it was easy to see where people had been rambling or spray had marked the vessel from splash. “Thank you. I worked hard to earn her.” She said simply, glancing up at the next question. “Oh, there's a fridge over there. Just go and put some of the bottles in there. Help yourself if you want anything.”

She had pointed to a little door, which opened up into what looked almost like a foyer of sorts. There were a few more doors and a hatch-staircase that led down to the more impressive living space of the boat. It was still fancy regardless of size, and when you opened the box to run your errand, you found a few snacks and alcoholic drinks, as well as bottles of fresh water, lemonade and soda pop. The fridge, too, had things in, but Bianca hadn't given you permission to take anything, so it was either keep mitts off or become a criminal. You know which one the narrator would recommend, but that doesn't mean they would advise the right choice. Phanpy snacked on some of the ice cubes in the box, and you could hear the crunching as he refreshed himself.

Returning outdoors, the difference between the beating sun and the cool indoors was incredibly obvious. Phanpy was looking happy to be cooler, but also a bit unsure of the way that the boat gently rocked or rested on a giant vastness of salt water-- one of his greatest foes. Bianca soon returned into sight with the line of rope, rolled into neat loops. “It should hold. It's normally used for emergency escapes, so it can take a lot of weight, although it isn't super long. Just make sure that Feralgatr's actually subdued. I'm sure something like that could either snack through it or pull you or your Pokemon into its jaws given the chance.” Noted, probably. What next?

-

PikaGod: Thanks to your own foresight (or maybe just being sneaky about filling your Pokedex through the hard work of others), you have a Dewott registered. It makes its sound, which is a cry that sounds a bit scratchy-- though not grating. Speaker's ears prick, and the little creature twitches and peers about with an expression of concentration. As it was, they seemed to have come up with nothing. Listening for sounds of scrapping also didn't appear to have been successful. The most that the Whismur could decipher was the conflict of children, parents or wild Pokemon-- nothing that might be of criminal nature.

Peering over to Akuma, he was obviously trying to convey his misery to others for their help. If you go by how he appealed to you, though, you can probably guess how well that's going. Perhaps, though, his efforts are something that you can carry out with better success. In such a busy place, surely somebody had a clue or two that they could give you? Weren't detective dramas and concepts popular for idols? If nothing else, you could rehearse or pretend such a job quite well. Your choice, though...

-

Lil'twick: You observed the Seel and everyone else's reactions, knowing immediately that your own, similar companion was going to love her in an instant. Yuke clearly did, the normally sedate Pokemon bobbing over, rolling about clumsily in the process to greet a new friend, the two chattering in their derpy but cheerful tongues. They were an adorable duo, but the sight of it made you very uncomfortable. You knew that you wanted to capture a Pokemon for yourself, that you wanted to earn it. Wisp consoled you, and you returned the gesture.

“Well, that's all fine and dandy.” Joe concluded, but he sounded disappointed, and the other two men frowned as well. Perhaps given the Spheal's enthusiasm, they just couldn't understand why you would reject the sweet thing. “Still, she's not doin' us any harm, so we can keep her on board until we can't, aye? And if any of us have grown attached to her, we can take her home.” You get the feeling that someone will. She's obviously been a hit with the others on board. You, however, awkward as hell, simply returned to your seat to carry on your mission... Awkwardly.

And it was awkward, because these things take time, and you don't do the whole social thing. Yuke did, and Yuke was yapping up a storm with the Seel, best friends forever and all that and damn you should've just kicked it overboard because now it would only hurt your dual-type more when you inevitably left it behind. At one point your heart lurched, thinking you had a bite, but when you pulled it up it was just a boot full of stones. The two seals that had joined you in anticipation looked disappointed and returned to their chattering, and you swore that you heard chortles from the others at your mishap. Burn them all to the depths. Do it. Do it, damnit.

More time passed. You were there, just to suffer. Something, once again, taunted at your line... But this time with vigour. You attempted to reel it in, but whatever it was was fighting you, as if desperate to bring you overboard. The force was painful against your hands, and it seemed like the guest Seel looked concerned. Do you try to bring in the bite, or let it go, along with your pride and dreams and probably a bunch of other important things for your teenage ego? Careful. I heard it's fragile...

-

134: Considering you work in the Adoption Centre, and manage most if not all of it no less, the fact that you consider yourself a bird keeper and lack a bloody falconer's glove is tragic. If you think the narrator is going to let this go, you're dead wrong, but nevermind, there's something else to make fun of you over. Your Pokemon were practically playing charades, but their game was weaker than all circles of Hell, and it took three of them-- and most appropriately, a Houndoom – to convey /something/. You got the impression of smoke, which suggested something good, and off you went recklessly. Kai knew you were trouble the moment you rocked up.

The cawing continued, sounding like a Rowlet, but it had also changed. There was a second voice now, following you through the brush eerily. The foliage rustled and ruffled, and the the quadrupeds got the distinct impression that you were being hunted. Even Uhane was unsettled, because the Rowlet that it heard was not another Rowlet, but like an echo of itself-- if itself could twist the echoes into different words. Were these mysterious islands haunted? Was the smoke conjured by Litwick lines or Mismagius to lure you to your deaths? Uhane's claws dug into your shoulders, as if trying to press on an emergency brake. If you stopped to listen, between the other Rowlet, you heard another voice.

You heard yourself.

Please. Stop. No further. Hurt. Trouble. Death. People. No. Minnao. Dangerous.

Your and your Rowlet, but not you and your Rowlet, called out brokenly. The exact sentences were lost in the wind and the sounds of nature, the exact direction difficult to pin, but the meaning was easy enough to follow. Kai wasn't even surprised that you got yourself into such a precarious mess, but the question now was... Do you turn back, or do you use your last ten hours to laugh in the face of danger, and take more stress-related years off your Vaporeon's life?

Last edited by Meetan; 09-11-2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Adding in Lit and Tate's updoots.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:22 PM   #115
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: Abilities, crits and bonds, oh my! Moments before, the battle had looked dire from an outsider's point of view-- especially from the narrator's, who had been tempted to kill everyone on the boat about three posts ago at the very least. It seemed that the combined optimism of you and Keith had sent good vibes all around, and where Wishiwashi had been the contender to win seconds ago... Well.

The School Form took quite the beating, one that supported the Elite Four candidate claim through and through. The Merciless Mareanie, shining in the sunlight, flung through the air to land a ferocious bite onto the wriggling skin of the fish; her attack in support of Neville's nasty venoshock. The big boss was wailing and growling in a gross manner almost like something being strangled. It truly did sound demonic in nature, but it was nothing compared to the sound it made next. Even with the aqua ring continuously healing it, the damage being taken was just too much, and Pisces' strike was overkill. Your Pokemon were certainly making you proud (and shocked). The same could be said of Jack, who watched the Basculin in awe.

The cannon of water was strong enough to send the Wishiwashi back some distance, but it did more than that. The monster seemed to fizzle, cracks of white-blue light beginning to form as if a vase were shattering. In a mass of foam and water, the individual Wishiwashi could be seen transitioning from a turqoise to their regular pale colour, falling apart into the lake like a dismantled puzzle. All of them were fainted, splattering beneath the surface. Wishiwashi was down! Jack 'whoo'ted in celebration, punching the air as he stood, earning a surprised jump from Aster. Aster and Pisces had both gained three levels, Meowth earned one, and as Aquarius rose from the depths to dump another bunch of items onto the deck, it was obvious that they had grown in the process, too (by two levels, to be exact).

“Thank goodness... Wow. I thought we were dead for sure.” Jack said. He doubled over, hands on exposed knees. The lake seemed calm now, the silence almost eerie in the near vicinity. Music could still be heard from the 'party boat' experience, but if they got killed by rabid fish then that would only serve them right at this point. “Thank you very much, everyone. You did a splendid job. Especially you, Aquarius, I wouldn't be here without you.” The fisherman added. Looking up at you, the man added, “Perhaps we should go back? Just for now, at least. We need to tidy the boat and make sure it's in good shape, and let these Pokemon regain themselves before we start another battle. I'm not sure my heart could take that.”

Do you go back, or do you YOLO it and go and grab a fainted fish or something?
Keith grinned- Neville had landed another Venoshock, Aster was dealing some serious damage with Bite, and now Pisces had unleashed Hydro Cannon of all things! The battle was looking more and more to be in his favor, and indeed, the Hydro Cannon caused the great beast of a fish to break apart into the multitudes of Solo Form Wishiwashi what that came together to form it. And every last fish was unconscious!

"All right!" Keith grinned. "Now that was awesome!" he stated, addressing his Pokémon with pride in his voice. Jack sighed in relief, remarking that he was sure they were dead. "Been there," Keith nodded. "This isn't the first life-threatening situation my Pokémon and I have made it through."

Keith's Pokémon looked rather satisfied with how things turned out, but none moreso than Pisces. She grinned her immense satisfaction at having dealt the blow that broke up the School Form. Then she turned her blue eyes to her Trainer. Basculin, as a species, were quite easy to overlook or underestimate. Hell, Pisces had met her fair share of fellow predators that had the distinct misfortune to mistake her for prey, as opposed to a fellow predator. But Keith, Pisces knew, always believed in her. Even against this massive Wishiwashi, when it seemed as though she was their best and only hope, Keith did not take this to mean that they were screwed. The Hostile Pokémon managed a small and decidedly not hostile smile, which Keith noticed and returned in kind.

Aster, meanwhile, had climbed back into the boat and was currently hugging Keith. As usual, of course, she had her tentacles carefully positioned so the poisonous spikes faced away from her Trainer. Which wasn't too hard- she and Keith had shared hugs in this manner since she'd hatched, she was rather used to the technique by now. And Keith was hugging the Shiny Mareanie back. Aquarius, meanwhile.. a Tentacruel has so little in the way of discernible facial features, but nevertheless, she managed to look modest and a little pleased in the wake of Jack's gratitude and praise. "Tentacruuuuel," she replied.

"Gaaalgeeeee," added Neville, likewise pleased with himself.

Not long afterwards, Jack voiced the notion that they return to shore for the time being. Tidy up the boat, let Keith's Pokémon rest up, and let the lake-dwelling Pokémon simmer down somewhat, lest another fight break out. Far too many good points for Keith to ignore. He nodded his agreement with the idea, though didn't look ready to head back just yet. "Just one thing first," he stated. Meowth sighed, seeing this coming a mile away- indeed, as Keith glanced around, looking to see if any of the unconscious Wishiwashi were still floating on the surface of the lake, he dug out of his backpack a Lure Ball, with the intention of throwing it at one such Wishiwashi. This encounter had intrigued Keith as much as it horrified him, and he knew that a Wishiwashi would be very interesting indeed to work with. "I'm all for heading back to shore ASAP, but if I can catch me one of these Wishiwashi real quick first, then that's just what I'm gonna do."

"Dis don't surprise me," Meowth sighed.

*Aster grew to level 18!*

*Aster grew to level 19!*

*Aster grew to level 20!*

*Pisces grew to level 16!*

*Pisces grew to level 17!*

*Pisces learned Crunch!*

*Pisces grew to level 18!*

*Meowth grew to level 25!*

*Meowth learned Taunt!*

*Aquarius grew to level 37!*

*Aquarius grew to level 38!*

*Keith used Lure Ball! (?)*
Old 09-12-2017, 01:05 AM   #116
Meetan
Soul Badge

Missingno. Master: This was not your first rodeo, you assured Jack, who most certainly can believe that. He wondered how often you get into life-threatening situations and what they were like, and if maybe you were somebody to avoid if he wanted to live into a long, calm and healthy future. But anyway.

Pisces grinned like a serial killer, Aster shimmered and hugged you, the other two were happy in less challenging ways. Meowth wasn't surprised. The updater was, for about five seconds, before remembering who she was updating, and then promptly realised she loathed you with every fiber of her being. You had a Lure Ball in your hand, and she hated you from above, somewhere. "Are you sure?" Jack asked, pointing out that you hadn't had the best encounter with these fish. You didn't care because you were you. Ugh.

Most of the fish had fallen underwater, but from the sucky little boat, there were still some Wishiwashi at a decent distance-- and one of your happy damned Pokemon could probably fetch the ball if you failed anyway. Grand. So you threw your Lure Ball at one of the nearest Wishiwashi, and it swallowed the creature up. Given that it was fainted, it was an easy snag, and Aquarius once again played fetch for you. You caught a male level 20 Wishiwashi, yay! Go you! By the way, it's officially the dumbest, derpiest, ugliest Wishiwashi in the entire lake. In the entirety of Cordina Ocean. If you tried to enter a smart contest you'd be laughed out the door.

For reasons you couldn't put a finger on, although you were ecstatic with your catch, you had a feeling the world was salty with your choice, almost as if you screwed up the plans it had for you. It was probably just Meowth. Jack congratulated you with a laugh, and asked you about other life-threatening adventures as he rowed you all back to shore. You returned to the shack, obviously looking like death itself. A bell above the door dings, signalling your return.

"Hello, dear!" Maie greeted brightly, showing up at the desk soon. Her expression faltered. "... Is everything alright? You look a mess..."

Well. What do you have to say for yourself?
Old 09-12-2017, 02:19 AM   #117
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: This was not your first rodeo, you assured Jack, who most certainly can believe that. He wondered how often you get into life-threatening situations and what they were like, and if maybe you were somebody to avoid if he wanted to live into a long, calm and healthy future. But anyway.

Pisces grinned like a serial killer, Aster shimmered and hugged you, the other two were happy in less challenging ways. Meowth wasn't surprised. The updater was, for about five seconds, before remembering who she was updating, and then promptly realised she loathed you with every fiber of her being. You had a Lure Ball in your hand, and she hated you from above, somewhere. "Are you sure?" Jack asked, pointing out that you hadn't had the best encounter with these fish. You didn't care because you were you. Ugh.

Most of the fish had fallen underwater, but from the sucky little boat, there were still some Wishiwashi at a decent distance-- and one of your happy damned Pokemon could probably fetch the ball if you failed anyway. Grand. So you threw your Lure Ball at one of the nearest Wishiwashi, and it swallowed the creature up. Given that it was fainted, it was an easy snag, and Aquarius once again played fetch for you. You caught a male level 20 Wishiwashi, yay! Go you! By the way, it's officially the dumbest, derpiest, ugliest Wishiwashi in the entire lake. In the entirety of Cordina Ocean. If you tried to enter a smart contest you'd be laughed out the door.

For reasons you couldn't put a finger on, although you were ecstatic with your catch, you had a feeling the world was salty with your choice, almost as if you screwed up the plans it had for you. It was probably just Meowth. Jack congratulated you with a laugh, and asked you about other life-threatening adventures as he rowed you all back to shore. You returned to the shack, obviously looking like death itself. A bell above the door dings, signalling your return.

"Hello, dear!" Maie greeted brightly, showing up at the desk soon. Her expression faltered. "... Is everything alright? You look a mess..."

Well. What do you have to say for yourself?
As Keith declared his intention to catch a Wishiwashi, Jack asked if he was sure, citing the less-than-pleasant first encounter Keith had with the Wishiwashi species. "Be that as it may, it wasn't their fault," Keith stated. "The jerks who dumped those lures, and that loud music, all of that's what got the Wishiwashi so riled up. That's no reason to write off the species as a whole. Besides, these things fascinate me. I'd love the chance to work with one... aha!" Keith grinned, spotting a couple of Wishiwashi still floating, unconscious, on top of the water. "Now! Go, Lure Ball!" Keith exclaimed, tossing the modified Blu Apricorn at the nearest Wishiwashi.

The ball struck Wishiwashi and pulled it inside. With a tinier splash than what you'd get from a baby Magikarp, the Lure Ball fell into the lake, bobbing on the surface as it wobbled around. Given that the Wishiwashi was totally unconscious, however, it came as no surprise that the Water-type put up just about no resistance whatsoever. Aquarius swam out, retrieving the Lure Ball, and handing it over to Keith. "Tentacruuuuel," she stated as she did so.

"Thanks, Aquarius," Keith smiled, accepting the Lure Ball from her. He grinned at the sphere, then held it up. "All right!" he grinned. "I just caught... a Wishiwashi!"

"Meowth, dat's right," Meowth replied, rolling his eyes. "Ya really had ta catch dat ting?"

Keith shrugged. "I don't see why not," he replied. "I mean, the only time I've ever heard of a Pokémon that does the kind of thing Wishiwashi does is when I read up on that legendary Pokémon, Zygarde. You know, how the cores summon all of those cells to make various different forms? In fact," he added, his eyes lighting up as the conversation seemed to inspire him. "That gives me an idea. This little guy needs a nickname, after all... I think I'll call him Zygill."

"Oy," sighed Meowth, albeit with a small smile. Exasperating though he oftentimes found Keith, it was hard to stay mad at such a rampantly optimistic man, particularly when said optimism tended to lead to him and his Pokémon kicking ass and saving the day. But even still, Meowth couldn't help but feel that he was not the only one exasperated by Keith's decision here. Almost as if the universe itself took issue with Zygill's new Trainer. Indeed, even Keith got the same sort of odd feeling, though he shrugged it off after a moment. Zygill was his now, and he was going to train him well.

Indeed, Keith couldn't possibly focus on this odd feeling for very long, not with Jack congratulating him on his newest catch, nor with him following that up by asking about his previous life-threatening adventures. "Ah, geez, where do I even begin?" grinned Keith. "Let's just say that ever since I first came to the Fizzytopia region, my life has been anything but boring." And he went on to tell Jack about some of the more dangerous and dire adventures he'd had. The poisonous ninja assassins in the Forest of Adventure, and how he unknowingly befriended the legendary Celebi and restored her faith in humanity. The time he had to intervene to prevent a Kabutops Skeleton Missingno. from slaughtering countless people, and prevent the military from slaughtering said Missingno. And perhaps most prominently, the entirety of his adventure in Mt. Aduro, culminating in an epic battle against a gigantic, murderous Heatran. All of these stories were before Aster's time, so the Mareanie listened intently, a look of awe on her face as she looked up at her Trainer with more respect and affection than ever before. Of course, these stories were ones that Pisces, Neville, and Aquarius had all heard before, but even so, they never seemed to tire of hearing them. Indeed, if they were tired of hearing them by this point, they hid said tiredness well.

At last, they reached the shore, and Keith withdrew his Tentacruel, Dragalge, and Blue-Striped Basculin. Much as he enjoyed their company, they A: needed a rest, and B: weren't quite as adept at moving about on land. Aster and Meowth occupied Keith's shoulders once more, and he clutched Zygill's Lure Ball in his hand as they reentered the shack.

Keithg ave a small chuckle as Maie's greeting turned to concern- the recent craziness, after all, left Keith looking kind of a mess, to put it mildly. "Yeah, everything's fine now," he replied. "Hooked an entire school of Wishiwashi all at once- evidently, between the loud music some idiots were blasting, and all the fishing lures that were dumped into the lake, they were going a little crazy, and they started attacking us. Luckily, besides Meowth, all the Pokémon I have on me at the moment can swim. So we battled Wishiwashi, and in the meantime, I had my Tentacruel help clean up the bottom of the lake, get those lures outta there. I don't know if she got all of them, but it's gotta be close to it, and as we were clearing them out, the Wishiwashi started to get less agitated, which can only be good. In the end, my Basculin blasted the Wishiwashi with Hydro Cannon, broke up the School Form, and knocked out each and every Wishiwashi. I even caught one of them," Keith added, indicating the Lure Ball he still held.

Code:
Keith used Lure Ball!

----

All right! Wishiwashi was caught!
Old 09-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #118
Meetan
Soul Badge

Missingno. Master: As you explained just a slice of your life to Jack, it became ever more clear that his life had been the safest hands possible. For all he knew, you might have been the most epic trainer to walk through the doors of the fisherman's establishment, and surely the best equipped to have dealt with the situation you all faced today. Aster especially seemed to think so, but for the meek creature, she certainly had a lot to live up to if she wanted to shine just as brightly as her fellow teammates. Could she ever hope to face opponents like that, overtake her predecessors, and make you proud...?

“A whole school of...? Are you serious?” Maie asked, appalled by the story that she had heard. Jack nodded with an exhausted sigh. “Oh, for goodness sake, we never should have let that lot take all of those lures and that boat!”
“We had to give them the benefit of the doubt. Not every big group of boys is out for a party, they normally stick to the beach.” Jack said. Maie huffed, but it soon fell into a relieved sigh.
“Well, I'm glad you're both safe. Wishiwashi are known as the demons of the sea for a reason, and in their school form, even League Assocation members sometimes turn and run if they can.” The woman explained, “Congratulations on your catch. Jack, dear, call the rangers and ask them to check the lake for us, will you? We can handle the clean up from here. Those poor things.”

With a lazy 'on it', the older man disappeared off back to do as he had been asked, and Maie stopped what she was doing for an alternate task. You wonder briefly if it was your queue to go, but instead, the lady set down what looked to be three Lure Balls. They were obviously customised, though, with a Minnaoan symbol etched onto the front of the translucent spheres, and a technical machine. “Here, for all of the trouble you went through. I'm sorry your fishing trip didn't go to plan, but I promise that they aren't all like that! If you give us a few days and come back, or ring in, we'll let you know when it's safe to go out next. In the meantime, take these as a thank you. He's acting cool, but, without you... I might have lost my Jack today and he means the world to me.”

With that sentiment, your good deeds are done for the day, and it seemed time to scoot. Your adventure booty included:

1x TM Rain Dance
3x Minnaoan Lure Ball
1x Level 12 Derp Tier Salty Sour Male Wishiwashi

Thanks for playing!
Old 09-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #119
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: As you explained just a slice of your life to Jack, it became ever more clear that his life had been the safest hands possible. For all he knew, you might have been the most epic trainer to walk through the doors of the fisherman's establishment, and surely the best equipped to have dealt with the situation you all faced today. Aster especially seemed to think so, but for the meek creature, she certainly had a lot to live up to if she wanted to shine just as brightly as her fellow teammates. Could she ever hope to face opponents like that, overtake her predecessors, and make you proud...?

“A whole school of...? Are you serious?” Maie asked, appalled by the story that she had heard. Jack nodded with an exhausted sigh. “Oh, for goodness sake, we never should have let that lot take all of those lures and that boat!”
“We had to give them the benefit of the doubt. Not every big group of boys is out for a party, they normally stick to the beach.” Jack said. Maie huffed, but it soon fell into a relieved sigh.
“Well, I'm glad you're both safe. Wishiwashi are known as the demons of the sea for a reason, and in their school form, even League Assocation members sometimes turn and run if they can.” The woman explained, “Congratulations on your catch. Jack, dear, call the rangers and ask them to check the lake for us, will you? We can handle the clean up from here. Those poor things.”

With a lazy 'on it', the older man disappeared off back to do as he had been asked, and Maie stopped what she was doing for an alternate task. You wonder briefly if it was your queue to go, but instead, the lady set down what looked to be three Lure Balls. They were obviously customised, though, with a Minnaoan symbol etched onto the front of the translucent spheres, and a technical machine. “Here, for all of the trouble you went through. I'm sorry your fishing trip didn't go to plan, but I promise that they aren't all like that! If you give us a few days and come back, or ring in, we'll let you know when it's safe to go out next. In the meantime, take these as a thank you. He's acting cool, but, without you... I might have lost my Jack today and he means the world to me.”

With that sentiment, your good deeds are done for the day, and it seemed time to scoot. Your adventure booty included:

1x TM Rain Dance
3x Minnaoan Lure Ball
1x Level 12 Derp Tier Salty Sour Male Wishiwashi

Thanks for playing!
Maie was astonished and appalled by the story Keith relayed to her, furious with the party animals whose carelessness and loud music had contributed so significantly to the Wishiwashi attack. She lamented having ever letting them take the boat and all those lures. Jack reminded her that they had to give them the benefit of the doubt- how were they to know they'd do this, when not every such group causes such trouble?

"The demons of the sea, huh?" Keith repeated as Maie explained about Wishiwashi. "I believe it. Still, though," he added, glancing at the Lure Ball in his hand. "I think Zygill here and I are gonna get along just fine."

Not long after this, Maie asked Jack to call the rangers and get them to check the lake. Once he went off to do that, Maie went to do something else. For a second, Keith wondered whether this was his cue to leave, but that quickly proved to not be the case- three customized Lure Balls with a Minnaoan symbol etched onto each one, as well as a Technical Machine. These were the items Keith was being handed by Maie right now, as thanks for what he did, and compensation for the trouble he'd been through. "Thank you," Keith smiled as he accepted the items. He shook his head as Maie apologized for the unexpected turn of events, and promised that things weren't always so insane out on the lake. "It's fine," he replied. "A lot of my adventures tend to not go as planned, but I can safely say that my life is anything but boring," he grinned. "Besides, went fishing, caught a Water Pokémon, I'd call that a success," he shrugged, indicating the occupied Lure Ball still in his hand. "I'll be happy to come back," he assured Maie. "Whether for an even more thrilling adventure or for a more peaceful day of fishing." With that, he stowed away the TM and the Lure Balls in his backpack, and took his leave at last.

"Man," Meowth sighed. "Can't youse go anywhere witout gettin' inta some other big crazy adventure?"

"Probably not, Meowth," replied Keith. "But y'know what?" he added. "I don't think I'd have it any other way. Got some more Lure Balls, got that TM, I think it's for Rain Dance or something like that, Pisces learned Hydro Cannon, and you," he added, turning to the Shiny Mareanie on his other shoulder. "Aster, you did pretty good back there. I'm proud of you," he smiled.

"Ma... Reanie~" Aster smiled, hugging her Trainer. Tentacle spikes facing away from his person, naturally. Keith hugged Aster back as they headed back to the Banette's Revenge. There was still one more order of business, though- once they got home, it would be time to introduce Zygill to his new teammates.

*Adventure Complete!*

*Obtained 3 Lure Balls!*

*Keith obtained a TM18 Rain Dance!*

Thanks for the updates, Meetan! I enjoyed this adventure immensely, and you can bet I'll be back in this zone at the first opportunity. And Soy Sauce, if you read this, thanks to you as well, for beginning my adventure in the first place.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:15 AM   #120
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa: Bianca moved ahead of you so that she could embark more easily, climbing up a ladder and hoisting herself up so that she could lower a ramp for you. The floor was mostly tidy, although it was easy to see where people had been rambling or spray had marked the vessel from splash. “Thank you. I worked hard to earn her.” She said simply, glancing up at the next question. “Oh, there's a fridge over there. Just go and put some of the bottles in there. Help yourself if you want anything.”

She had pointed to a little door, which opened up into what looked almost like a foyer of sorts. There were a few more doors and a hatch-staircase that led down to the more impressive living space of the boat. It was still fancy regardless of size, and when you opened the box to run your errand, you found a few snacks and alcoholic drinks, as well as bottles of fresh water, lemonade and soda pop. The fridge, too, had things in, but Bianca hadn't given you permission to take anything, so it was either keep mitts off or become a criminal. You know which one the narrator would recommend, but that doesn't mean they would advise the right choice. Phanpy snacked on some of the ice cubes in the box, and you could hear the crunching as he refreshed himself.

Returning outdoors, the difference between the beating sun and the cool indoors was incredibly obvious. Phanpy was looking happy to be cooler, but also a bit unsure of the way that the boat gently rocked or rested on a giant vastness of salt water-- one of his greatest foes. Bianca soon returned into sight with the line of rope, rolled into neat loops. “It should hold. It's normally used for emergency escapes, so it can take a lot of weight, although it isn't super long. Just make sure that Feralgatr's actually subdued. I'm sure something like that could either snack through it or pull you or your Pokemon into its jaws given the chance.” Noted, probably. What next?
Gary carried the box up onto the boat and over to a fridge that Bianca had directed him to. As he emptied the contents of the box and loaded them into the fridge, he chuckled as Phanpy chewed on some ice cubes and struggled to grasp them in its short trunk. While Phanpy did appear a bit conspicuous, as one would imagine an elephant on a boat in the ocean would be, it looked pretty happy to have found a solution to cool off from the summer heat. With his task now complete, Gary closed the door to the fridge and returned with Phanpy to Bianca to claim his promised reward.

“All finished,” he greeted as Bianca returned with an armful of coiled rope. While it wasn’t terribly long in length, the rope made up for in strength, being tightly woven of high quality material to support a lot of weight. “Thank you very much!” Gary added, accepting the rope. “I’ll make sure I return this to you when I’m finished with it.” Bianca then warned him of the obvious dangers of toting around a very aggressive giant alligator through the water, causing Gary to smile. “Don’t worry, I’ll keep that in mind. In the meantime, my Blastoise is a tough customer himself, so I like our chances!”

Gary thanked Bianca again and looked to return to the sandy shore of the beach with Phanpy. All that was left now was to return to Raphael, Terra, and the others on the beach and look to find a way to secure the Feraligatr without waking it up. From there, he would need to probably ask for suggestions of a good place to deliver the giant reptile to.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 09-17-2017, 06:13 PM   #121
Meetan
Soul Badge

Sandaa: You and Phanpy make a brisk pace back down the beach, aware of the fact that Feraligatr could come round at any moment. The Pokemon at your side makes sure to keep a decent distance from the water, obviously threatened by it, and clearly not the kind of Pokemon that ventures near the beach's edge. Thankfully, the predator was still out cold on the ground, and while the tourist trap isn't as crowded as it was before, some holiday-goers had clearly decided that relaxation was worth the risk. Lunatics.

"Hey, welcome back!" Bill greeted, still guarding the scene. He had relaxed some, perched on the edge of Terra's shell. The two girls were playing in the sand, a comfortable distance from the unconscious visitor but close enough that they could grab Raphael's attention to get him to look at their sandcastles. The boy had moved, but was seemingly still content to talk Terra's ears off on various topics. Your Pokemon had made at least one friend for life, that was for sure. "Still got Phanpy with you, then? That's promising!"

You raised the topic of where to move the beastie, and the retired competitor hummed thoughtfully, "Well, there's a bunch of different places. You could just take it out to Cordina Ocean and leave it far out, but I'd suggest moving some distance east or west so it doesn't just try swimming right back. There's the Mioo Plains or Moilock Marshes, or you could go all of the way out to The Mints. I don't recommend going around the Plains or Mints for a wander without a guide, though, you could end up in real danger; but they're the best spots to leave Feraligatr. Anywhere else and he'll just find more tourists or locals to attack."

Where to now, adventurer?
Old 09-17-2017, 09:31 PM   #122
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa: You and Phanpy make a brisk pace back down the beach, aware of the fact that Feraligatr could come round at any moment. The Pokemon at your side makes sure to keep a decent distance from the water, obviously threatened by it, and clearly not the kind of Pokemon that ventures near the beach's edge. Thankfully, the predator was still out cold on the ground, and while the tourist trap isn't as crowded as it was before, some holiday-goers had clearly decided that relaxation was worth the risk. Lunatics.

"Hey, welcome back!" Bill greeted, still guarding the scene. He had relaxed some, perched on the edge of Terra's shell. The two girls were playing in the sand, a comfortable distance from the unconscious visitor but close enough that they could grab Raphael's attention to get him to look at their sandcastles. The boy had moved, but was seemingly still content to talk Terra's ears off on various topics. Your Pokemon had made at least one friend for life, that was for sure. "Still got Phanpy with you, then? That's promising!"

You raised the topic of where to move the beastie, and the retired competitor hummed thoughtfully, "Well, there's a bunch of different places. You could just take it out to Cordina Ocean and leave it far out, but I'd suggest moving some distance east or west so it doesn't just try swimming right back. There's the Mioo Plains or Moilock Marshes, or you could go all of the way out to The Mints. I don't recommend going around the Plains or Mints for a wander without a guide, though, you could end up in real danger; but they're the best spots to leave Feraligatr. Anywhere else and he'll just find more tourists or locals to attack."

Where to now, adventurer?
Gary and Phanpy had made it back to the part of the beach where Feraligatr remained unconscious. He spotted the pair of terrapins who had remained behind, Terra and Raphael doing their best to both keep an eye on the downed Feraligatr as well as keep the family company who had been assisting Gary all this time. As he approached them, Gary waved with one hand while holding up the rope with the other. Raphael and Terra looked up, relieved to see their trainer’s return.

Bill welcomed them back and began offering Gary a list of suggestions where he could drag the Feraligatr. A number of the locations sounded appealing to Gary, but the two that stood out the most were Cordina Ocean and The Mints. Of course, the locations that he chooses should be somewhere that Feraligatr and happily exist without coming back into contact with human civilization, not wherever Gary wanted to sightsee the most next. With that in mind, The Mints seemed like the ideal destination for Feraligatr.

“I think we’ll try taking it to the Mints,” Gary told Bill, fiddling with the rope, “All we need now is to tie it up and then Raphael and I can be on our way!” He then looked over at Terra, who was still with the children. “Alright Terra, time to say goodbye to the kids! We’re heading out!” Terra nodded slowly and got to his feet to say farewell to the young boy. Gary looked down at the Phanpy next and kneeled down to its level. “Well, what do you say Phanpy? There’s a chance we might not get to come back here. If you wish to travel with us, my offer still stands!” Gary smiled softly and waited for Phanpy’s response.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 09-18-2017, 02:11 AM   #123
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
PikaGod: Thanks to your own foresight (or maybe just being sneaky about filling your Pokedex through the hard work of others), you have a Dewott registered. It makes its sound, which is a cry that sounds a bit scratchy-- though not grating. Speaker's ears prick, and the little creature twitches and peers about with an expression of concentration. As it was, they seemed to have come up with nothing. Listening for sounds of scrapping also didn't appear to have been successful. The most that the Whismur could decipher was the conflict of children, parents or wild Pokemon-- nothing that might be of criminal nature.

Peering over to Akuma, he was obviously trying to convey his misery to others for their help. If you go by how he appealed to you, though, you can probably guess how well that's going. Perhaps, though, his efforts are something that you can carry out with better success. In such a busy place, surely somebody had a clue or two that they could give you? Weren't detective dramas and concepts popular for idols? If nothing else, you could rehearse or pretend such a job quite well. Your choice, though...
Well that plan didn't work... in like any way really. Melody didn't quite know what she had been thinking, she gave poor Speaker probably one of the vaguest plans ever. But whatever, the past was in the past, and she needed a new plan. Looking over at Akuma, it was sorta obvious that he was trying to see if anyone knew anything, but she figured that there was very very very strong chance that he was getting nowhere. Especially considering how he had talked to her beforehand.

So strong chance that he was getting nowhere, which was sad but expected. However, what would happen if people were asked by a beautiful woman with a smoking hot bod? Melody very seriously expected that there would be a very different reaction. It was a little strange actually, very recently Melody had had the opportunity to flex her acting abilities quite a few times. Oh well, no point looking at the weird plans that the cosmos had for her.

Melody quickly pulled out a compact to make sure that she still looked nice and approachable, strangers weren't going to listen to a crack head crone. A quick glance confirmed that yes, Melody still looked as stunning as possible. A quick mental check to remember what Akuma had said, and voila Melody was ready to go! And now all she had to do was find some strangers and try to explain to them what had happened. Hopefully nothing would go wrong, doubly hopefully people were gonna be able to help.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #124
Meetan
Soul Badge

Sandaa: The Minnao Isles are a vacation spot, and even as you were carrying out the super important mission of relocating a dangerous predator, it's hard to stay practical and not just swim off to the next holiday spot. As it was, The Mints was a decent location for both, and so that's where you decided to go. “Sounds like a plan! Here, take our numbers, and if you need to get in contact with us for anything, you've got them. If you want to adventure round there for a while, we know some decent guides. They might be busy at this time of year, but I'm sure they'll have some kind of contact, and we do all owe you after what you've done.”

You took the details of the trainer as well as his researching brother – exactly what you had hoped for! - and Bill helped you with the rope. Meanwhile, the children all exclaimed sadly that it was time to split. Joe slid off Torterra, patting the grass type on the head and giving him a hug. “I'll miss you, Terra. Thanks for visiting. Keep being strong and nice.” He encouraged. The girls ran straight to Raphael for a hug and then to Terra for the same, waving enthusiastically before being encouraged away by their guardian. “You, too.” Bill said to Joe, who was moping. “Maybe you'll see them again one day. But for now they have to go.”
“Okay. Bye, Gary.” The boy said solemnly and left you to join his other relatives back up the beach.

The most important part – sort of – was Phanpy. You knew for a fact that without a ball, that thing was absolutely not following you across the water given his disgust of being too close to the rolling tides, and that he also might have a home to return to. The Pokemon looked like it was still thinking on the offer, ears drooping in a way that didn't fill you with hope. However, after a few shy moments, brown eyes scanning your tougher team members and other company on the beach, he shuffles over and coils a tough and tiny trunk around one leg. Perhaps a bit tentative, but that seemed like a yes!

-

PikaGod: You acknowledge that your plan sucked, and that Speaker didn't really have a shot to start with, but you think of using something better. It's a widely known fact that the most important qualities for any idol are their looks and charisma, and dayumn girl, do you have both! You still look as stunning as you did before the training day ruined your mood, and you were sure that you were definitely going to have better luck than poor Akuma. Watching him, he was a tragedy. A hot mess, in fact.

You and Speaker waltz the beach, asking with your best manners and smile and subtle poses if anyone has seen a person matching the description Akuma gave of his friend. Almost everyone apologises and says no, except for one (or two). It was a couple laying under a parasol, one of the males holding a book in his hand, the pair resting on a set of water-themed towels. “Oh, yeah, actually. There were a few people going along the beach earlier, that way--” The redhead of the coupling explained, “Carrying someone kind of like that, maybe? We just thought he got heatstroke or was wasted. It's always 5pm somewhere, you know?”
“You're the worst.” His boyfriend scolded, but obviously didn't mean much by it, “What really got us though, was that there was a Ducklett running ahead with a bag. Strongest little thing I've ever seen, dragging it through the sand, left stuff everywhere. They were fuming, someone was chasing it but we have no idea if they got it or not. If you're looking for your friend, they might have followed the Ducklett, or at least you might find its stuff?”
“Shit, though. If we'd realised it was a mugging, we could have tried doing something.” 'The Worst' admitted with exasperation. “That's pretty scary. That could have been us...”

Speaker's ears twitched, and once the men were done giving their statements, the Pokemon's hands tugged at your sexy legs. It looked like they had heard something important! What do you do?
Old 09-20-2017, 01:12 AM   #125
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa: The Minnao Isles are a vacation spot, and even as you were carrying out the super important mission of relocating a dangerous predator, it's hard to stay practical and not just swim off to the next holiday spot. As it was, The Mints was a decent location for both, and so that's where you decided to go. “Sounds like a plan! Here, take our numbers, and if you need to get in contact with us for anything, you've got them. If you want to adventure round there for a while, we know some decent guides. They might be busy at this time of year, but I'm sure they'll have some kind of contact, and we do all owe you after what you've done.”

You took the details of the trainer as well as his researching brother – exactly what you had hoped for! - and Bill helped you with the rope. Meanwhile, the children all exclaimed sadly that it was time to split. Joe slid off Torterra, patting the grass type on the head and giving him a hug. “I'll miss you, Terra. Thanks for visiting. Keep being strong and nice.” He encouraged. The girls ran straight to Raphael for a hug and then to Terra for the same, waving enthusiastically before being encouraged away by their guardian. “You, too.” Bill said to Joe, who was moping. “Maybe you'll see them again one day. But for now they have to go.”
“Okay. Bye, Gary.” The boy said solemnly and left you to join his other relatives back up the beach.

The most important part – sort of – was Phanpy. You knew for a fact that without a ball, that thing was absolutely not following you across the water given his disgust of being too close to the rolling tides, and that he also might have a home to return to. The Pokemon looked like it was still thinking on the offer, ears drooping in a way that didn't fill you with hope. However, after a few shy moments, brown eyes scanning your tougher team members and other company on the beach, he shuffles over and coils a tough and tiny trunk around one leg. Perhaps a bit tentative, but that seemed like a yes!
Gary graciously took Bill’s contact info. “Thanks for all your help! It’s a shame we didn’t get to explore the beach more, but all the more reason to come back next time, right?” Happy to at least have made some friends, Gary assisted Bill with tying up the Feraligatr while Terra and Raphael bid their farewells to the children. When they were done, Gary returned Terra to his Luxury Ball while Raphael stood by ready to tow the large Feraligatr.

As it was time to hurry up and get going before the Feraligatr roused from its slumber, Gary took one last look around the beach. The children and their parents waited patiently for Gary and Raphael to head out, but Gary has one last order of unfinished business. This could very well be the last time he returned to this beach for a while, so he wanted to know if Phanpy wanted to tag along on their journey or not. If he could have things his way, Gary would have taken Phanpy in a heartbeat, but he wanted to make sure the decision came of Phanpy’s own free will.

Phanpy seemed pretty hesitant at first, something that did not instill a lot of confidence in Gary. It was a big world out there after all, and they were about to embark onto the open ocean, so Gary could understand why Phanpy wasn’t particularly gung-ho about tagging along. However, if that was Phanpy’s choice, he would regrettably respect it. “Alright, I understand…” Gary said with a disappointed sigh, expecting the worst, but all of a sudden he felt Phanpy’s soft leathery trunk wrap around his calf. A huge grin crept onto Gary’s face as he wrapped his arms around Phanpy with a gentle hug. “Really? That’s great! Welcome to the team, Phanpy!” Gary was giddy as he pulled out a Pokeball. He held it out in front of Phanpy, to allow the elephant to capture itself on its own terms.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records