UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2017, 03:05 PM   #76
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 296
morningstar:

(lLemme know if my directions get confusing – the map should help but feel free to let me know if you’re unsure where Athena is currently located!))

You decide to take advantage of the opportunity since you have the coin to spare, nabbing yourself some precious Technical Machines from the overpriced vending machine. And with that out of the way, you decide to head further down the hallway and see where it leads you, rather than taking a left turn.

Snivy continues to take the lead, and peers over its shoulder regularly to see if you’re keeping up. You can tell it’s no longer apprehensive towards you, the battle against Geodude likely having dissipated any lingering doubts about your true intentions. But still, you can see the concern in its eyes, not for you or itself, but no doubt for its Trainer, the guard held hostage by the criminal holed up somewhere deeper inside the factory. There is no doubt that Snivy is a very capable Pokémon on its own, but no matter how professional it was raised to be, it still longs to be reunited with its Trainer – if only for that, you know you have to keep doing your best to help it in its selfless quest.

Also, you wonder how the police team you met outside is doing against the trafficker – are they making any progress toward the front door? Can they bust in and arrest the criminal, or will the stalemate continue? In a way, it’s not entirely bad if it does – it gives you more time to explore the facility and catch him or her off-guard from the back, while the distraction continues…

You finally make it to the end of the corridor, and find yourself at an intersection – where the tunnel ends, a new choice is presented to you. The hallway you just crossed ends up in another corridor, aesthetically identical (which is to say, gray and unremarkable), but considerably wider than the one you just crossed. There is a yellow line painted along the floor’s length, with “PRODUCTION LINES – NORTH // STORAGE UNITS – SOUTH” written above it, and this is precisely the decision you’ll have to make.

However, before you can choose, a thought crosses your mind suddenly. Wasn’t an enemy drawn on Snivy’s map at this precise location? And in that case, why is that you spot nobody else other than the three of you?
As the thought takes residence in the forefront of your mind, you are assaulted by a sudden chill, an overwhelming sense of dread that you cannot explain. As if someone is watching you, creeping up on you all. You do recall catching the glimpse of a glimmer through the corner of your eye a second earlier, but it must have been your imagination – what could possibly glisten under the faint glow of the factory’s emergency lights only to vanish when you look directly at it?

Snivy and Mille seem to be growing just as restless, and neither of them seem to know why either. They know they are being watched, just like you do… and then, you spot it: Snivy’s shadow begin to contort abnormally, twisting and changing shape to resemble an entirely different Pokémon. Something is lurking in the Grass-Type’s shadow!

Can you act preemptively before something bad happens?!


-------


PikaGod:

The man’s face lights up when you agree to take part in the event. For a second you thought he was going to break character and make a scene, but he manages to cool his jets at the very last second and audibly clears his throat instead.

“Th-that’s damn right! Time ta show those rookies errythin’ I taught ya,” he declares with pomp and circumstance, making sure everyone else waiting to sign up understands you are most definitely not skipping ahead of the line, but rather… well, you’re not sure what the implied justification is, but it seems you’re getting a pass under the impression that you are the clerk’s relative or something.

“If ya got yerself a Fishin’ Rod of yer own, that’s fine, otherwise ya can borrow an Old Rod of ours. Anyway, here are yer choices.”

He retrieves a second brochure from behind the counter and slams it on the wooden surface.

“Y’take one of our little boats parked over yonder and steer it to one o’ these spots: near the shore are the lazy kinds o’ fish, the ones who dun care if all they get ta eat is engine fuel and tourist trash. They can grow pretty damn huge out of all the junk they eat, mind ya, but ya ain’t gunna find anythin’ special here I reckon. Further up North in a straight line ya might whip up some pretty interestin’ stuff, but more often than not, folk come up empty-handed; it’s a heck of a lot harder to reel anythin’ in, but the cautious species that dun like us humans are usually found around there, closer to the open sea. If ya take the boat west, where the water’s more shallow, ya might find species that like ta hide in the sand, ones with ground inclinations ya could say, bottom-crawlers that prolly ain’t too hard to snag, though some can grow to pretty brutal sizes! And to cap it off, if ya steer that trusty old plank o’ wood to the east, ya get the cold current; it wards off the casual swimmer, and water Pokémon who like the lower temperatures usually swim over there; not sure they’ll take a bite o’ your bait, since they usually go for fancier stuff, but ya never know – they’ve been known ta bite when they get real hungry!”

He looks at you, all proud of his “professional” explanation. One thing’s for sure – he can be proud of the Fishing Spot he’s got here, with so much variety of species!

“Here ya go: three pieces o’ bait. That’s all ya get, so make it count! Here’s the catch though – ya can snag three fish, but ya can bring back one, so ya got send the other two overboard before you’re all set ta return! Bring back something proper nice and we got sumthin’ great in store as a prize too! Off ya go then, go ‘n make me famous will ya?!”


-------


Schala:
The wait is perhaps the hardest part of it all - not knowing when either of your partners will return, or if any of them will be successful in their respective endeavours. In the distance, you hear the faint flapping of wings, and mercifully, the sound seems to be getting louder.

In fact, after a brief while, you spot Ulysses turning a corner from behind a bookcase, carrying a considerably heavy-looking wooden ladder in his talons! The bird flies his way over to you in obvious strain, progressively losing altitude – what he has in heart, he unfortunately still lacks in strength. And as such, despite his good will, you can only watch as Ulysses loses his grip on the ladder and it comes crashing down against one of the stands, knocking down over a dozen books. The noise everything makes pierces the library’s golden silence, and there is absolutely no way it wasn’t heard throughout the entire building…

Suddenly, a much more subtle sound to your right catches your attention amidst the commotion; looking over to where Erebos had vanished, you see the door open ever-so-slightly… How exactly did the immaterial ghost manage to unlock it?

You look around frantically, laying eyes on the chaos Ulysses inadvertently caused. Books scattered everywhere, some with soft covers irreparably bent under the weight of the fallen ladder. One lone slip of paper catches your eye amidst the mess of literature on the ground, and you pick it up for closer inspection. Look at that, it seems to be a Weakness Policy! Maybe you should hold on to it; it was likely misplaced long ago, it’s not like someone is going to miss it.

And then, you hear it: furious steps echoing down the hallway, coming in your direction. Maybe you should stay put and own up for what happened here, or maybe you could make a run for it if you don’t feel like dealing with that lovely lady again…
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:45 PM   #77
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
morningstar:

(lLemme know if my directions get confusing – the map should help but feel free to let me know if you’re unsure where Athena is currently located!))

You decide to take advantage of the opportunity since you have the coin to spare, nabbing yourself some precious Technical Machines from the overpriced vending machine. And with that out of the way, you decide to head further down the hallway and see where it leads you, rather than taking a left turn.

Snivy continues to take the lead, and peers over its shoulder regularly to see if you’re keeping up. You can tell it’s no longer apprehensive towards you, the battle against Geodude likely having dissipated any lingering doubts about your true intentions. But still, you can see the concern in its eyes, not for you or itself, but no doubt for its Trainer, the guard held hostage by the criminal holed up somewhere deeper inside the factory. There is no doubt that Snivy is a very capable Pokémon on its own, but no matter how professional it was raised to be, it still longs to be reunited with its Trainer – if only for that, you know you have to keep doing your best to help it in its selfless quest.

Also, you wonder how the police team you met outside is doing against the trafficker – are they making any progress toward the front door? Can they bust in and arrest the criminal, or will the stalemate continue? In a way, it’s not entirely bad if it does – it gives you more time to explore the facility and catch him or her off-guard from the back, while the distraction continues…

You finally make it to the end of the corridor, and find yourself at an intersection – where the tunnel ends, a new choice is presented to you. The hallway you just crossed ends up in another corridor, aesthetically identical (which is to say, gray and unremarkable), but considerably wider than the one you just crossed. There is a yellow line painted along the floor’s length, with “PRODUCTION LINES – NORTH // STORAGE UNITS – SOUTH” written above it, and this is precisely the decision you’ll have to make.

However, before you can choose, a thought crosses your mind suddenly. Wasn’t an enemy drawn on Snivy’s map at this precise location? And in that case, why is that you spot nobody else other than the three of you?
As the thought takes residence in the forefront of your mind, you are assaulted by a sudden chill, an overwhelming sense of dread that you cannot explain. As if someone is watching you, creeping up on you all. You do recall catching the glimpse of a glimmer through the corner of your eye a second earlier, but it must have been your imagination – what could possibly glisten under the faint glow of the factory’s emergency lights only to vanish when you look directly at it?

Snivy and Mille seem to be growing just as restless, and neither of them seem to know why either. They know they are being watched, just like you do… and then, you spot it: Snivy’s shadow begin to contort abnormally, twisting and changing shape to resemble an entirely different Pokémon. Something is lurking in the Grass-Type’s shadow!

Can you act preemptively before something bad happens?!


Trying not to waste any more time, Athena quickly placed her TMs in the appropriate case and let Snivy know she was ready to go again. Thankfully, it didn't seem to be bothered that she had stopped. The previous battle must have strengthened its trust in her. Her and Mille followed Snivy silently, both keeping an ear out for any suspicious noise. It was oddly quiet. Athena wasn't sure if it was just that the large factory absorbed sound, or if something more sinister was going on.

As they reached the end of the hall, Athena started to feel anxious. Had she memorized Snivy's map incorrectly? She would hate to have made the wrong decision and get Mille and Snivy caught off guard. Mille, normally aloof, looked on edge with her fur bristling. It suddenly got cold, had they stepped into a walk-in freezer? Athena shuddered in her short sleeves. Something was definitely wrong, and Athena stopped in horror as she witnessed Snivy's shadow supernaturally twisting. Mille looked at her trainer, and they both realized what they were faced with. Without being prompted, Mille raced forward and attempted to Tackle the shadow. Athena gasped, what on earth was she trying to do? The Stufful then began to Stomp on the shadow, looking like she was having a Tantrum. The trainer smiled and covered her mouth as she understood what her Pokemon had done. She couldn't help but be proud, she had come up with this strategy all on her own! Now, they only had to see if it would work to bring forth their next enemy.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #78
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 199
OkikuMew: (2/6: Eevee & Eevee)

Hoping for a nice compromise between familiar and new, between relaxing and exciting, you find that the simply named Fishing Cove certainly lives up to some of those hopes. As the salty sea air washes over you, a look around shows that today at least the Cove has lent itself more to a relaxing calm than a flurry of excitement. Though a few clusters of people dot the cove - most congregated either at the shoreline or the wooden shack with more than a few dressed in full fishing regalia - it seems that if any contests are running today, they aren't terribly well attended. Hm, perhaps something to check out later? Without much competition, the odds of winning something would surely be favorable.

Regardless, not knowing quite where to go you make your way to an open area of shore, intent on casting out a line and seeing what the ocean sends your way. As the minutes tick by, your attention begins to waver, flicking between your fishing rod and the antics of Lune quite literally chasing the waves. Luckily for her (and also for you), the little Eevee is just quick enough to avoid being soaked by any unexpected waves, but between the sandy beach and the salty ocean mist slowly sinking into her fur, grooming will definitely be an event none of you look forward to.

Entertained by the more excitable of your Eevee sisters, it takes a moment before you notice a nudge at your side. Soleil gestures at your fishing rod, and only upon bringing attention to it, do you now notice a very slight tug. Excited to have already snagged something, you begin reeling your catch in. Surprisingly, you feel little struggle as you wind the reel, almost as if the Pokémon hooked wasn't putting up any fight. Or worse, that it already got away.

All three of you waiting with bated breath - even Lune, spurred by the sudden action from her trainer - suddenly you see something crest the water a bit offshore. At the distance, you don't really recognize the species, but the bright pink certainly stands out from the clear blue of the surrounding water. By the time it is close enough to touch the sand, you feel the line go slack as it bulrushes...

...right past you. Whirling about in surprise, you see a wild Corsola cowering behind Lune to the Eevee's own shock. Visibly terrified, you almost fail to recognize it as a Corsola, as unlike most members of its species instead of four proud coral struts lining its back you only see one with small chipped stumps where the other three should be but aren't.

A noise from Soleil turns your sight back to the water, where spiny, pale blue appendages claw up the beach, bringing the lavender body of a Mareanie closer to its meal. The Brutal Star Pokémon spots the Corsola trembling behind your Eevee and licks its lips in anticipation, drawing your gaze to a pink strand of coral hanging limply from its maw.

Suddenly caught in the middle of the age-old struggle between predator and prey, what will you do?
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:16 PM   #79
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
OkikuMew: (2/6: Eevee & Eevee)

Hoping for a nice compromise between familiar and new, between relaxing and exciting, you find that the simply named Fishing Cove certainly lives up to some of those hopes. As the salty sea air washes over you, a look around shows that today at least the Cove has lent itself more to a relaxing calm than a flurry of excitement. Though a few clusters of people dot the cove - most congregated either at the shoreline or the wooden shack with more than a few dressed in full fishing regalia - it seems that if any contests are running today, they aren't terribly well attended. Hm, perhaps something to check out later? Without much competition, the odds of winning something would surely be favorable.

Regardless, not knowing quite where to go you make your way to an open area of shore, intent on casting out a line and seeing what the ocean sends your way. As the minutes tick by, your attention begins to waver, flicking between your fishing rod and the antics of Lune quite literally chasing the waves. Luckily for her (and also for you), the little Eevee is just quick enough to avoid being soaked by any unexpected waves, but between the sandy beach and the salty ocean mist slowly sinking into her fur, grooming will definitely be an event none of you look forward to.

Entertained by the more excitable of your Eevee sisters, it takes a moment before you notice a nudge at your side. Soleil gestures at your fishing rod, and only upon bringing attention to it, do you now notice a very slight tug. Excited to have already snagged something, you begin reeling your catch in. Surprisingly, you feel little struggle as you wind the reel, almost as if the Pokémon hooked wasn't putting up any fight. Or worse, that it already got away.

All three of you waiting with bated breath - even Lune, spurred by the sudden action from her trainer - suddenly you see something crest the water a bit offshore. At the distance, you don't really recognize the species, but the bright pink certainly stands out from the clear blue of the surrounding water. By the time it is close enough to touch the sand, you feel the line go slack as it bulrushes...

...right past you. Whirling about in surprise, you see a wild Corsola cowering behind Lune to the Eevee's own shock. Visibly terrified, you almost fail to recognize it as a Corsola, as unlike most members of its species instead of four proud coral struts lining its back you only see one with small chipped stumps where the other three should be but aren't.

A noise from Soleil turns your sight back to the water, where spiny, pale blue appendages claw up the beach, bringing the lavender body of a Mareanie closer to its meal. The Brutal Star Pokémon spots the Corsola trembling behind your Eevee and licks its lips in anticipation, drawing your gaze to a pink strand of coral hanging limply from its maw.

Suddenly caught in the middle of the age-old struggle between predator and prey, what will you do?
Mélina was quite shocked at the sudden turn of events, much so that her jaw dropped a little. Her simple fishing moment turned almost in a simple "circle of life" presentation, as the Mareanie pursuit the Corsola to eat it who took the bait. (Although she's starting to wonder if the Coral Pokémon was actually more smart than hungry, for holding on to the line to swim flee from its predator faster.)

Before the woman could utter a word or take any action though, Lune seemed to immediately take responsibility for the poor pink Pokémon who hid behind her. She took an offensive stance, fur standing on its ends, she abruptly brushed her front paws into the ground and Attacked the Mareanie with a good helping of Sand.

"W-what are you doing Lune?" her trainer spouted out in surprise of her Eevee's reaction. "It's nice and all to protect it, but we don't know what we're going against!"

Lune responded with what sounded like, to Mélina's ears, resolved growls determined to protect the water Pokémon at all costs. The interpretation was confirmed by looking over to Soleil, who was still standing beside the woman, and shaking her head in embarrassment.

"Seems we don't have a choice now," the girl sighed. "Well, let's take it as practice... even though it's our first battle ever," she gulped nervously as the realization dawned to her. "S-Soleil and Lune, let's go for it!"

The two Eevee sisters barked in sync, ready to team up into the fight against the Brutal Star Pokémon.

"Ok! Soleil, give a Helping Hand to your sis! Lune, try for a surprise Quick Attack right after, while you're still close to it!"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:28 AM   #80
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
PikaGod:

The man’s face lights up when you agree to take part in the event. For a second you thought he was going to break character and make a scene, but he manages to cool his jets at the very last second and audibly clears his throat instead.

“Th-that’s damn right! Time ta show those rookies errythin’ I taught ya,” he declares with pomp and circumstance, making sure everyone else waiting to sign up understands you are most definitely not skipping ahead of the line, but rather… well, you’re not sure what the implied justification is, but it seems you’re getting a pass under the impression that you are the clerk’s relative or something.

“If ya got yerself a Fishin’ Rod of yer own, that’s fine, otherwise ya can borrow an Old Rod of ours. Anyway, here are yer choices.”

He retrieves a second brochure from behind the counter and slams it on the wooden surface.

“Y’take one of our little boats parked over yonder and steer it to one o’ these spots: near the shore are the lazy kinds o’ fish, the ones who dun care if all they get ta eat is engine fuel and tourist trash. They can grow pretty damn huge out of all the junk they eat, mind ya, but ya ain’t gunna find anythin’ special here I reckon. Further up North in a straight line ya might whip up some pretty interestin’ stuff, but more often than not, folk come up empty-handed; it’s a heck of a lot harder to reel anythin’ in, but the cautious species that dun like us humans are usually found around there, closer to the open sea. If ya take the boat west, where the water’s more shallow, ya might find species that like ta hide in the sand, ones with ground inclinations ya could say, bottom-crawlers that prolly ain’t too hard to snag, though some can grow to pretty brutal sizes! And to cap it off, if ya steer that trusty old plank o’ wood to the east, ya get the cold current; it wards off the casual swimmer, and water Pokémon who like the lower temperatures usually swim over there; not sure they’ll take a bite o’ your bait, since they usually go for fancier stuff, but ya never know – they’ve been known ta bite when they get real hungry!”

He looks at you, all proud of his “professional” explanation. One thing’s for sure – he can be proud of the Fishing Spot he’s got here, with so much variety of species!

“Here ya go: three pieces o’ bait. That’s all ya get, so make it count! Here’s the catch though – ya can snag three fish, but ya can bring back one, so ya got send the other two overboard before you’re all set ta return! Bring back something proper nice and we got sumthin’ great in store as a prize too! Off ya go then, go ‘n make me famous will ya?!”
"I'll put you on the damn map," said Melody, a triumphant smile on her face.

Secretly of course, she didn't give two shits about what happened to the man or his fishing competition. She was all about getting herself a bit more positive publicity, as well as possibly getting herself a new teammate. But, of course, she had already decided to play along with the show.

"Well I don't need to borrow a Rod, I've got one of my own, and I've got my Spinarak if that ends up failing," she said, motioning to Silk, the Spinarak sitting on her shoulder. "But I will take that bait."

And with that Melody was ready to get fishing... except she didn't know where she was gonna go fishing first.

"Where do we wanna fishing?" Melody asked Princess, raising her fingers as she listed off each option. "Do we want to go near the shore, do we wanna go north? East? West?"

The Stufful took a couple of seconds to think it over, the expressions on her face clear evidence that she was putting some serious effect into it. Actually it was more effort than Melody thought she would actually put into it. After those several very intense seconds passed Princess motioned to the second finger Melody put up. Clearly Princess wanted to go North. Well then, North it was.

"Alrighty then Princess," said Melody, starting to make her way over to the small little boat. "Let's get going, we got ourselves some fish to catch!"
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles: Melody Star
Mountain Stones: Krustallos
Wild Future: Gregor Munch

PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:27 AM   #81
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 199
OkikuMew: (2/6: Eevee & Eevee)

Surprised at the turn your simple fishing trip had taken, Lune takes any decision out of your hands by digging her paws down into the beach and lobbing a Sandy Attack at the Mareanie's face. Taken aback, more focused on its meal than you or either of your Eevee, the Mareanie falls back, using its tentacles to try - mostly in vain - and wipe the sand from its eyes. With the opportunity given by the starfish-like Pokémon, you (perhaps a bit resignedly) commit to the battle your Eevee has started, thinking up a strategy to execute.

Per your guidance, your two Eevee rush forward, leaving the Corsola to hide behind your legs. Though it looks for a moment like both are charging at the Mareanie, at the last second Soleil extends a metaphorical Helping Hand to Lune, giving the more energetic Eevee an extra boost to her Quick Attack. Ramming into the non-spiny body of the Mareanie, Lune sends the Water-type backwards into the surf, which thankfully for it clears its eyes enough to see. As the Brutal Star Pokémon looks angrily at Lune, though, you see that the Sand Attack had a lasting effect; judging by how the Mareanie's gaze seems situated just a bit to Lune's left, its vision is still blurred. You're proved correct when the Mareanie's own attack, a lunge at Lune with its Poisonous Stingers, sends the starfish-like Pokémon sailing harmlessly past Lune's left.

Grumbling in annoyance at its misstep and still squinting to see its targets, the Mareanie visibly decides on another tactic. Spinning about in a circle, the Mareanie throws down a barrage of rather Toxic looking Spikes at the feet of both your Eevee. It seems that if brute force can't be counted on, this Poison-type is not above using indirect methods of inflicting damage. Lune and Soleil best be careful proceeding.

The battle has just begun and things are mostly in your favor, both from a numbers standpoint and from the good hit Lune managed. With the new 'toxic' terrain and the Mareanie being far from out, though, there is still time for the tides to turn. What will you do?
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:24 PM   #82
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
OkikuMew: (2/6: Eevee & Eevee)

Surprised at the turn your simple fishing trip had taken, Lune takes any decision out of your hands by digging her paws down into the beach and lobbing a Sandy Attack at the Mareanie's face. Taken aback, more focused on its meal than you or either of your Eevee, the Mareanie falls back, using its tentacles to try - mostly in vain - and wipe the sand from its eyes. With the opportunity given by the starfish-like Pokémon, you (perhaps a bit resignedly) commit to the battle your Eevee has started, thinking up a strategy to execute.

Per your guidance, your two Eevee rush forward, leaving the Corsola to hide behind your legs. Though it looks for a moment like both are charging at the Mareanie, at the last second Soleil extends a metaphorical Helping Hand to Lune, giving the more energetic Eevee an extra boost to her Quick Attack. Ramming into the non-spiny body of the Mareanie, Lune sends the Water-type backwards into the surf, which thankfully for it clears its eyes enough to see. As the Brutal Star Pokémon looks angrily at Lune, though, you see that the Sand Attack had a lasting effect; judging by how the Mareanie's gaze seems situated just a bit to Lune's left, its vision is still blurred. You're proved correct when the Mareanie's own attack, a lunge at Lune with its Poisonous Stingers, sends the starfish-like Pokémon sailing harmlessly past Lune's left.

Grumbling in annoyance at its misstep and still squinting to see its targets, the Mareanie visibly decides on another tactic. Spinning about in a circle, the Mareanie throws down a barrage of rather Toxic looking Spikes at the feet of both your Eevee. It seems that if brute force can't be counted on, this Poison-type is not above using indirect methods of inflicting damage. Lune and Soleil best be careful proceeding.

The battle has just begun and things are mostly in your favor, both from a numbers standpoint and from the good hit Lune managed. With the new 'toxic' terrain and the Mareanie being far from out, though, there is still time for the tides to turn. What will you do?
'Well this is a thorny predicament. That Mareanie sure is a prick, building toxic relationships like this,' Mélina couldn't help thinking to herself, probably to distract herself a bit from the problem at stake.

The girls had the upper hand against that Corsola-munching fiend, but those Toxic Spikes' presence were an annoyance; the pair of Evolution Pokémon are typically physical in battle, and these thorns were getting in the way of that. Their trainer thanked herself though for having spent some time training the two before adventuring, so they would have at least a little bit more flexibility in their strategies.

"There there, it'll be alright, little one," the woman comforted the Coral Pokémon who took shelter behind her legs. "We won't let it eat that last branch on your head, ok? Stay near me, and we'll handle it for you while you're safe and sound here." As much as she doesn't want to admit it at the moment, the pink water creature was starting to pull on her heartstrings, reminding of her younger, bullied self. Minus the whole 'eaten alive' part, that is.

"Soleil and Lune," she then ordered, trying to get her mind back at the situation at hand, "in unison, try to clean up all that spiky mess with Swift, and maybe hit the Mareanie in the process too!"

"And after," she continued, "Lune, since you're closer to it, distract it with your cute puppy Baby-Doll Eyes. When it is, Soleil, hit it with another Swift attack!"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 09-30-2017 at 09:33 PM.
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:43 PM   #83
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 296
morningstar:

((Ugh stop making me want a Stufful will you? :P))

The sight of Snivy’s shadow twisting and turning on its own prompts the brave Mille to act on her own, much to your surprise. She lunges forward and intentionally slams herself against the floor, sensing it would have no effect on the shifting darkness whatsoever… which is precisely her plan!!
Gathering energy in her paws, the Stufful proceeds to mercilessly pummel the living shadow with a series of angry stomps, over and over and over again, causing the very ground to shake under the bear’s unassuming level of power! When she finally stops, nothing seems to happen for a while, until a loud screech echoes throughout the corridor…

Snivy looks over at Mille, and then to you, with a mixture of astonishment and gratitude for our actions. It seems the Grass-Type understands the predicament it was in, and is thankful for your timely intervention. Indeed, Snivy’s shadow has stopped moving altogether… but something else does – your own shadow projected on the floor!

Suddenly, something you cannot put into words overwhelms you – as if an invisible, almighty puppeteer began controlling your movements. Helpless, you can only watch as your hand is forcefully brought to your belt and wraps itself around Mille’s empty PokéBall, then unclips it. Against your will, your arm rises and takes aim at the Stufful, ready to recall her… until a flurry of rainbow leaves surrounds you, before homing in on your shadow like arrows! Immediately you feel the supernatural grip be lifted, and you can once again control your own actions – this time around, Snivy was the one to help you!

The screech is heard once more, but this time around, there are no more dancing shadows. Instead a lump of darkness emerges from the ground some feet away from you, and slowly takes the shape of an imp; its body turns purple, and glistening gems cover its body. The Sableye looks over to you, wincing in pain, then skitters across the floor along the corridor to the South, peering over its shoulder several times to see if you’re following.

Has it fled for good? Does it want to be followed? Or did it run off to get backup, alerting the other Pokemon on patrol to your presence?
The choice has to be made quickly. Will you let the Sableye go and choose a different route for yourself, or will you give chase to the ghostly creature?


-------


PikaGod:

You grab the bait from the overenthusiastic clerk, who seems to genuinely believe you actually care about his business, and make off for the docked boats a little further down the shore by the water.
The little vessels are, at the lack of a better definition, terrible. Made of mouldy wood that looks about as impermeable as a sponge, each boat looks like it can barely carry a single person across a lake, let alone any extra number of fish. But once you finally gather the courage to step inside one and make for the open sea, you’re surprised to find S.S. Shipwreck can actually hold its own surprisingly well with you and Princess aboard – not a droplet of water passes through the old wood planks, and despite the incessant squeaking it makes with every tiny wave it encounters, the boat seems perfectly capable of withstanding your combined weight as well as that of most fish you can realistically expect to reel in.

You see several other people have already taken up the challenge, scouring every corner of the Fishing Cove with their rods in hand, ready to catch whatever comes their way. Fewer and fewer, however, seem to have ventured North as you make your way towards your intended destination. In fact, only three other Trainers seem to have chosen the same spot as you, where fish are rare both in species and in number. All of them, however, hold a clear advantage over you: each of the three participants has a Super Rod, indicating they are no newbies to the game, whereas you can only rely on your standard-issue equipment…

Keh… Fools, all of them!”

The voice comes a short distance from where you stand. Looking over, you spot a most curious sight: an elderly man, probably well in his nineties, completely bald, sits cross-legged on top of a lazy-looking Tirtouga - who should by all accounts be long-extinct, much like the man riding it.

“Hello there young lady,” he greets with perhaps excessive enthusiasm in his tone. “Why, you look like a fine prospect if I ever saw one!”

He gets up as fast as his centennial joints allow, then taps the Tirtouga’s shell with his sandal-wearing foot. Nothing happens. After a second, more violent stomp though, the turtle seems to come to life, and slowly swims its way towards your boat.

“Tell you what Miss,” he whispers as if about to divulge the answer to life, the Universe and everything, “I know exactly how to find the one Pokémon in Fishing Cove that will put all others to shame. All you gotta do… is a little favour for old Gashi here. What do you say, heh?”

The old man gives off an uncomfortable vibe and you’d be surprised if he ever heard of a personal bubble. Besides, time is of the essence in this sort of contest and you’re not too sure Gashi is a reliable source. On the other hand, extra help from a knowledgeable elder might be just what you need to sweep the competition and win the whole thing… What do you say?
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:57 PM   #84
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 199
Sorry for missing a week!

OkikuMew: (2/6: Eevee & Eevee)

You can't help but think of some (rather excellent, if I may say) puns to distract yourself from the precarious predicament that barbed brute brought about. Physically inclined as your Eevee are in this stage of evolution, the scattering of spikes from the spiny starfish has certainly put a damper on their ability to move about. Rightly, you determine as you comfort the young Corsola you've increasingly become sympathetic with, your first order of business should be to clear the area - and if you can land a hit in the process, well, that's all the better.

Ordering an in-unison Swift from Lune and Soleil, you see the tail of each begin to faintly glow white. Shimmering stars of energy fade into view as they orbit the bushy tails much like planets would orbit a genuine star. Sharing a glance, the Eevee sisters nod once and as if it were a cue, they whirl about in a tight circle (mindful of the spikes) and fire off their attacks. The revolving stars snap away from their orbits, scattering across the beach. Though a few hit nothing but sand, you are pleased to see most land close enough to handfuls of spikes to knock them away in a scattering of sand, and even more so to see a few head right towards the Mareanie. Though it uses its spiked appendages to shield its squishy body, a hit is still a hit. On the other hand, around you the beach has taken as much damage as the Mareanie: small craters dot this impromptu battlefield which are slowly filling back in with loose sand (one more quickly than others, as a small Sandygast forms from the sand to glare in your direction before fading back into the beach). Thankfully, though, a path between your Eevee and the Mareanie has definitely been cleared, and should you bring any more Pokémon out unless they happen to be very unlucky they ought to miss the toxic spikes as well.

Pleased with their success, Lune continues your tactics, looking very cutely at the Mareanie with large, almost-sparkly Baby-Doll-like Eyes. The Mareanie, charging towards her with another Poison Sting, is visibly caught off guard as a faint blush turns its purple cheeks an odd shade of magenta. Unfortunately, that isn't enough to deter it from its attack, ramming into Lune with its poisonous stingers, though it does seem less powerful than it could have been. As this occurs, Soleil uses the time to ready another Swift. Unlike before, this attack homes in on the Mareanie completely, not a single star failing to hit it square in the back. Blessedly, this knocks the starfish up and over Lune, who has thankfully remained unaffected by any poisoning, into the sand face-first behind the Eevee.

As the damaged Mareanie tries to right itself, you have the chance to issue some new commands. Or perhaps something else? Though Soleil remains damage-free, that Poison Sting, even weakened, did Lune no favors. The choice is yours, what will you do?
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:10 PM   #85
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
morningstar:

((Ugh stop making me want a Stufful will you? :P))

The sight of Snivy’s shadow twisting and turning on its own prompts the brave Mille to act on her own, much to your surprise. She lunges forward and intentionally slams herself against the floor, sensing it would have no effect on the shifting darkness whatsoever… which is precisely her plan!!
Gathering energy in her paws, the Stufful proceeds to mercilessly pummel the living shadow with a series of angry stomps, over and over and over again, causing the very ground to shake under the bear’s unassuming level of power! When she finally stops, nothing seems to happen for a while, until a loud screech echoes throughout the corridor…

Snivy looks over at Mille, and then to you, with a mixture of astonishment and gratitude for our actions. It seems the Grass-Type understands the predicament it was in, and is thankful for your timely intervention. Indeed, Snivy’s shadow has stopped moving altogether… but something else does – your own shadow projected on the floor!

Suddenly, something you cannot put into words overwhelms you – as if an invisible, almighty puppeteer began controlling your movements. Helpless, you can only watch as your hand is forcefully brought to your belt and wraps itself around Mille’s empty PokéBall, then unclips it. Against your will, your arm rises and takes aim at the Stufful, ready to recall her… until a flurry of rainbow leaves surrounds you, before homing in on your shadow like arrows! Immediately you feel the supernatural grip be lifted, and you can once again control your own actions – this time around, Snivy was the one to help you!

The screech is heard once more, but this time around, there are no more dancing shadows. Instead a lump of darkness emerges from the ground some feet away from you, and slowly takes the shape of an imp; its body turns purple, and glistening gems cover its body. The Sableye looks over to you, wincing in pain, then skitters across the floor along the corridor to the South, peering over its shoulder several times to see if you’re following.

Has it fled for good? Does it want to be followed? Or did it run off to get backup, alerting the other Pokemon on patrol to your presence?
The choice has to be made quickly. Will you let the Sableye go and choose a different route for yourself, or will you give chase to the ghostly creature?


((Embrace the Stufful love!!))
Mille was pleased that her plan was a success, but her fur bristled as she realized something was wrong. She turned to look at her trainer, whose face was twisted up in fear and frustration. Athena wanted to scream at the horrifying sensation of her body being taken over, her arm moving without her direciton. Shaking, her arm was raised to point the Pokeball straight at Mille. She gritted her teeth and tried with all her strength to pull her arm away from this mysterious force. The flash of rainbow leaves barely registered in her vision before they battered her shadow and she felt the relief of control again. She started to thank Snivy for its assistance, but the three of them were alerted to the shadow rising out of the ground and taking shape. Bejeweled eyes and a pained, toothy smile faced Athena and her companions. They had foiled its disguise but unlike the previous Pokemon, the Sableye scuttled away. Athena looked quickly to Snivy and her Stufful. Mille, despite her practicaly stitched-on face, looked determined. Snivy was a bit harder to read, but she knew it had been following her lead so far. Firmly, she pointed down the hall after the scrambling Sableye. They couldn't let this Pokemon get away and potentially alert someone to their presence.

"Snivy," She whispered to the Grass type. "You're faster, we'll bring up the back." Athena gestured for it to hurry. Mille hadn't obtained the kind of speed known to her terrifyingly cute evolution. Athena worried that both her and her Pokemon might slip on their soft feet if they ended up running too fast. The Ghost type they were after looked ready to make its next move, but she believed that Snivy could get to it before it could try any more of its trickery.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:58 PM   #86
Heather
Know when to hold 'em
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Under the Gay Cloud
Posts: 2,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
Heather: Though a part of you is certainly interested in the research avenues here, already absentmindedly comparing the surrounding habitats to other Power Plants across the regions, you do have an ultimate goal here that you'd like to accomplish. Hopefully through these tours, but you'd like to make certain before you commit to anything.

Finally catching the attention of the man running sign-ups, you pose your question as politely as you can. Upbeat, befitting someone in essentially the tourism business, he immediately has an answer for you with a grin. "Oh, of course miss. If researching Electric-types is your goal, you have certainly come to the right place. Depending on which time you sign up for - at this point, of the four remaining - there is plenty of time to wander the compound before or after the tour. Though naturally some areas, like around the pylons and some of the private research buildings, are off-limits to the public; most every other area is publicly accessible to some degree during touring hours. Additionally, any truly wild Pokémon encountered are fully able to be captured, though any battles must remain restrained so as to not damage any buildings or the compound, I hope you understand. Oh, and don't worry about mistaking worker Pokémon from wild; all worker Pokémon wear special lanyards or other such items to easily distinguish them."

Grinning another hundred-watt grin, the man twirled his pencil. "So, would you like to be added to one of the tour groups? There is one that leaves in just a few minutes, and then one every hour after that for the next three hours. The choice is, of-course, yours, miss; but if you don't mind me saying, if you're desiring to go into any field of study regarding Electric-types, I would seriously consider touring at some point, even if not today."

(Declared 2/6: Emolga, Alola Vulpix)
If the worker's grin could be described as a hundred-watt-grin, then Heather's could only be described as a thousand-watt grin as she heard his answer that yes, wild Pokemon were entirely fair game on the tours, of which there were four, and that the non-wild Pokemon were very easy to pick out. When asked which of the four she would like to sign up for, her answer was immediate.

"I'll go for the one that's leaving soon. My Pokemon and I will have plenty of time to check out the gift shops and such later, anyway!" she said eagerly, the Emolga on her shoulder nodding in assent, muttering something about not needing a hyperactive Plusle running around the aisles this early in the day under her breath. Just then, the sleeping figure in Heather's arms stirred, and awoke with a small yawn, the Alolan Vulpix's icy breath still giving Heather a small start with its sudden chill. "Heh, welcome back, sleepyhead!" she said to the small Ice type, giving it a gentle pat on the head before turning back to the man at the counter. "So, where should I meet the rest of the group?" she asked. She could barely contain her excitement. Grace, on the other hand, had an expression someplace between worry, contentment that her Trainer was excited, and anxiety over what would happen if anything were to happen to Danni. Heather, noticing this apparent inner turmoil, gave Grace a pat on the head as well. “Don’t worry, Grace. Everything will be fine. If things get dicey, Ryuko can help out.” she assured her partner, who sighed, and merely gave an “if-you-say-so” expression in return.
__________________
Confidence (Some Assembly Required): Because NQNH's save file is now RIP
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Things One Is Not Allowed To Do In Exalted
244) While not FORBIDDEN, my Midnight is to keep in mind that using an army of animated skeletons in order to fill the town square with a rendition of "Spooky Scary Skeletons" is going to be considered odd at best.
WF Things
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:30 PM   #87
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,653
Quote:

PikaGod:

You grab the bait from the overenthusiastic clerk, who seems to genuinely believe you actually care about his business, and make off for the docked boats a little further down the shore by the water.
The little vessels are, at the lack of a better definition, terrible. Made of mouldy wood that looks about as impermeable as a sponge, each boat looks like it can barely carry a single person across a lake, let alone any extra number of fish. But once you finally gather the courage to step inside one and make for the open sea, you’re surprised to find S.S. Shipwreck can actually hold its own surprisingly well with you and Princess aboard – not a droplet of water passes through the old wood planks, and despite the incessant squeaking it makes with every tiny wave it encounters, the boat seems perfectly capable of withstanding your combined weight as well as that of most fish you can realistically expect to reel in.

You see several other people have already taken up the challenge, scouring every corner of the Fishing Cove with their rods in hand, ready to catch whatever comes their way. Fewer and fewer, however, seem to have ventured North as you make your way towards your intended destination. In fact, only three other Trainers seem to have chosen the same spot as you, where fish are rare both in species and in number. All of them, however, hold a clear advantage over you: each of the three participants has a Super Rod, indicating they are no newbies to the game, whereas you can only rely on your standard-issue equipment…

Keh… Fools, all of them!”

The voice comes a short distance from where you stand. Looking over, you spot a most curious sight: an elderly man, probably well in his nineties, completely bald, sits cross-legged on top of a lazy-looking Tirtouga - who should by all accounts be long-extinct, much like the man riding it.

“Hello there young lady,” he greets with perhaps excessive enthusiasm in his tone. “Why, you look like a fine prospect if I ever saw one!”

He gets up as fast as his centennial joints allow, then taps the Tirtouga’s shell with his sandal-wearing foot. Nothing happens. After a second, more violent stomp though, the turtle seems to come to life, and slowly swims its way towards your boat.

“Tell you what Miss,” he whispers as if about to divulge the answer to life, the Universe and everything, “I know exactly how to find the one Pokémon in Fishing Cove that will put all others to shame. All you gotta do… is a little favour for old Gashi here. What do you say, heh?”

The old man gives off an uncomfortable vibe and you’d be surprised if he ever heard of a personal bubble. Besides, time is of the essence in this sort of contest and you’re not too sure Gashi is a reliable source. On the other hand, extra help from a knowledgeable elder might be just what you need to sweep the competition and win the whole thing… What do you say?
Sitting in the boat, lovingly dubbed SS Shipwreck, Melody actually felt a little bit worried. Sure the boat seemed to be sturdy enough to hold her, very light, weight but the sounds coming from it were a little… suspect at times. However, she needed to deal with it, Melody wanted to catch herself a pokemon, and winning wouldn’t have been a bad thing. Then the old man appeared, and all the worries about her boat completely disappeared, because you know, old sorta creepy man.

Melody instantly felt really uncomfortable with the old man, a little glad that there was water separating them, something about him really just hit all those boxes in her head. The ones that a lot of producers she had met up with also hit all the time. But he also appeared to be much older than those skeevy guys, she was pretty confident that she could the crap out of him, if he tried anything on her. And if she didn't do anything, then holy crap Princess would devour the man.

"It depends on the favour old man," Melody said, "I would like to beat everyone out here, but I swear to Arceus, if you try and make me do anything lewd, or try to pull any moves, not only will I make you regret it." She pointed at Princess. "But Princess here will make you wish that you were ever born."

Confident that the message was passed on Melody continued. Well more she repeated what she said, because there was still always the chance that the old man was senile or deaf or any combination of the two. "But that being said, I will do a favour for you if it means that I can win."
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles: Melody Star
Mountain Stones: Krustallos
Wild Future: Gregor Munch

PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #88
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
Sorry for missing a week!

OkikuMew: (2/6: Eevee & Eevee)

You can't help but think of some (rather excellent, if I may say) puns to distract yourself from the precarious predicament that barbed brute brought about. Physically inclined as your Eevee are in this stage of evolution, the scattering of spikes from the spiny starfish has certainly put a damper on their ability to move about. Rightly, you determine as you comfort the young Corsola you've increasingly become sympathetic with, your first order of business should be to clear the area - and if you can land a hit in the process, well, that's all the better.

Ordering an in-unison Swift from Lune and Soleil, you see the tail of each begin to faintly glow white. Shimmering stars of energy fade into view as they orbit the bushy tails much like planets would orbit a genuine star. Sharing a glance, the Eevee sisters nod once and as if it were a cue, they whirl about in a tight circle (mindful of the spikes) and fire off their attacks. The revolving stars snap away from their orbits, scattering across the beach. Though a few hit nothing but sand, you are pleased to see most land close enough to handfuls of spikes to knock them away in a scattering of sand, and even more so to see a few head right towards the Mareanie. Though it uses its spiked appendages to shield its squishy body, a hit is still a hit. On the other hand, around you the beach has taken as much damage as the Mareanie: small craters dot this impromptu battlefield which are slowly filling back in with loose sand (one more quickly than others, as a small Sandygast forms from the sand to glare in your direction before fading back into the beach). Thankfully, though, a path between your Eevee and the Mareanie has definitely been cleared, and should you bring any more Pokémon out unless they happen to be very unlucky they ought to miss the toxic spikes as well.

Pleased with their success, Lune continues your tactics, looking very cutely at the Mareanie with large, almost-sparkly Baby-Doll-like Eyes. The Mareanie, charging towards her with another Poison Sting, is visibly caught off guard as a faint blush turns its purple cheeks an odd shade of magenta. Unfortunately, that isn't enough to deter it from its attack, ramming into Lune with its poisonous stingers, though it does seem less powerful than it could have been. As this occurs, Soleil uses the time to ready another Swift. Unlike before, this attack homes in on the Mareanie completely, not a single star failing to hit it square in the back. Blessedly, this knocks the starfish up and over Lune, who has thankfully remained unaffected by any poisoning, into the sand face-first behind the Eevee.

As the damaged Mareanie tries to right itself, you have the chance to issue some new commands. Or perhaps something else? Though Soleil remains damage-free, that Poison Sting, even weakened, did Lune no favors. The choice is yours, what will you do?
Well apologies for missing... quite a few weeks of my own ^^;

As she watched the battle unfold, Mélina pondered of the strategy she should use next. while Soleil doesn't even have a single scratch on her and the Mareanie seemed to have taken good hits, Lune is getting pretty damaged up, and the Brutal Star Pokémon probably still have its Corsola of a meal in its mind... weighting her options, the trainer decided to switch things up a little bit, and hoped and prayed internally that it'll work.

"Vite Lune," she ordered, "hit it with a Sand Attack! Soleil, follow with a Quick Attack right after! Then do everything you can to make it pay attention to you instead of attacking Lune, by Biting it down while you're in close quarters... and maybe throw it back in the ocean, if you can? Whatever's going on then, Lune, just concentrate on staying far away from it and dodging if necessary, alright? Keep that health up!"

The trainer then turned to the Corsola, who she wondered how it was doing and felt about the whole situation. Is it still frightened? Is it relieved they're helping it out, or it just made it more scared? After it's all over, will it be able to return to the water and grow its branches back? Is there more of- Mélina shook her head to make herself stop overthinking. Looking at the sentient coral again, she bent her knees a little.

"H-hey, how are you doing?" she asked sweetly with a bit of nervousness. "You ok? I know the two will pull things off and make sure the Mareanie leaves you alone, but... just in case..." she then pull out of her backpack's side pocket a Heal Ball and slowly and carefully presented it to the pink Pokémon. "Maybe you would like to join me? I don't think this Mareanie will get you from there!" she chuckled, still nervous. "I promise I'll take care of you; I'll do my best to give you some fresh water to heal your branches, and this Pokéball will help with that too!"

"If you're not sure yet or you don't want to, it's ok! I just want to make sure you feel safe."
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:13 PM   #89
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 296
morningstar:

You decide to chase after the injured Sableye, lest it triggers an alarm that sends every enemy in the factory after you. For now, you hold the element of surprise and that is still the one advantage you have over whoever has made the employees hostage – an edge you don’t care to lose just yet. To that effect, you send Snivy ahead, while you and Mille follow behind at your own, slower pace.

The Grass-Type dutifully runs down the hallway after the runaway phantom, moving so quickly that, by the time you’ve made it to the middle of the corridor, Snivy is already taking a left turn after the Sableye, disappearing from sight.

By the time you reach the end of the tunnel yourself, you find yourself at another fork on the path – the current hallway ends, giving place to a perpendicular one with a metal door on each end. The one to your right appears locked for now, while the left one is open and you can see Sableye and Snivy inside, so that’s where you decide to go.

Passing through the entrance, you reach a relatively small room. All four walls are lined with cylindrical glass tanks, each filled to the top with saltwater and containing around a dozen Finneon lazily swimming inside. This must be where they store the fish to be cooked and canned later in other rooms of the factory…

At the center of the room are four desks, each with a desktop computer on them. Snivy is standing motionless a few feet away from you, hesitating to take another step, while Snivy sits in front of one of the laptops with one hand hovering ominously above the keyboard and the other turned to you, with an outstretched palm.

You can’t be certain, since you can’t see the screen from where you’re standing, but it seems the ghost is attempting to blackmail you. Either you offer it something, or it will set off the alarm through the computer… Will you take the risk and call its bluffing, or do you prefer to play it safe and pay the bribe?


-------


PikaGod:

The old man hears you out (hopefully, anyway; he could be deaf as door if apparent age is anything to go by) with a silly grin plastered on his face. When you agree, that eerie smile only grows wider, and he holds out a bony hand for a deal-sealing handshake.

Keh, you give the old ticker too much credit if you think I’d pull a stunt like that… What I need is down there,” he says pointing at the water.

“See, my knees aren’t keeping up with my youthful spirit anymore. Well, they hurt. And there are some algae at the bottom of the sea right around here that work wonders on my hinges!” he chuckles. “Thing is… Tortus here is allergic to some other things that are down there as well, so he can’t go get ‘em for me. That’s where you come in! Water’s still somewhat shallow down here, so all you gotta do is fetch me those algae and I’ll share my secret!”

You look around the S.S. Shipwreck; you can’t see the bottom from where you are, but it stands to reason that, the further away from shore you go, the deeper the water will be. And despite the Gashi’s eerie vibe that still hasn’t gone away, you can’t help but wonder if helping out an old man with bad knees in exchange for an edge in the competition is that bad of a deal.

So? Are creepy old Gashi and his offer worth going for a swim? Or will you manage in the competition on your own after all?
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:26 PM   #90
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
morningstar:

You decide to chase after the injured Sableye, lest it triggers an alarm that sends every enemy in the factory after you. For now, you hold the element of surprise and that is still the one advantage you have over whoever has made the employees hostage – an edge you don’t care to lose just yet. To that effect, you send Snivy ahead, while you and Mille follow behind at your own, slower pace.

The Grass-Type dutifully runs down the hallway after the runaway phantom, moving so quickly that, by the time you’ve made it to the middle of the corridor, Snivy is already taking a left turn after the Sableye, disappearing from sight.

By the time you reach the end of the tunnel yourself, you find yourself at another fork on the path – the current hallway ends, giving place to a perpendicular one with a metal door on each end. The one to your right appears locked for now, while the left one is open and you can see Sableye and Snivy inside, so that’s where you decide to go.

Passing through the entrance, you reach a relatively small room. All four walls are lined with cylindrical glass tanks, each filled to the top with saltwater and containing around a dozen Finneon lazily swimming inside. This must be where they store the fish to be cooked and canned later in other rooms of the factory…

At the center of the room are four desks, each with a desktop computer on them. Snivy is standing motionless a few feet away from you, hesitating to take another step, while Snivy sits in front of one of the laptops with one hand hovering ominously above the keyboard and the other turned to you, with an outstretched palm.

You can’t be certain, since you can’t see the screen from where you’re standing, but it seems the ghost is attempting to blackmail you. Either you offer it something, or it will set off the alarm through the computer… Will you take the risk and call its bluffing, or do you prefer to play it safe and pay the bribe?


Athena watched in adoration as Mille's tail bobbed back and forth while running. She reached for her phone to capture this moment, but then remembered they were in the middle of something important. The pair slid to a stop at the end of the hall, looking both directions to see where Snivy had gone. Mille led the way through the open door, passing by tanks of Finneon. Athena made eye contact with one of the Water-types as she quickly walked by. She felt a bit sick, thinking about their fate.

She stopped with a short gasp upon reaching the center of the room. Snivy was poised in front of a computer, its short leafy arm inches away from the keyboard. The Sableye had taken control of at least Snivy's hand. Mille growled. Athena raised a hand to stop her. They had to be careful here, Athena had already witnessed the Sableye's power to control the limbs of its victims. Slowly, and keeping her hands where the Sableye could see them, she took her backpack off and placed it on the ground. She opened up the main compartment and carefully reached a hand inside. She pulled out a Heart Scale, letting it glitter in the light. Though it wasn't the gems Sableye were known to enjoy eating, she hoped to draw its attention with the scale's shine. The trainer slowly held it out in front of her, rotating it slightly in her hand so the light caught it at different angles.

"Mille," she whispered to her Pokemon out of the corner of her mouth. "Bide" The Stufful prepared herself by storing her energy, waiting for the Sableye to come closer and attack the Sableye as she had previously with another Stomping Tantrum
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:26 PM   #91
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 296
morningstar:

Passion is sometimes weakness. In this case, you bet everything on Sableye’s known love for all things precious, and pretend to agree to his request by flashing a rainbow-colored Heart Scale in its direction…

The ghost hesitates, seemingly unfamiliar with the item but captivated by the display of colors. Unable to ascertain it what you hold is a gemstone or not, it hops down from the desk and moves in closer to you, jewel eyes locked on the scale like a devoted appraiser. Finally, it stops, having curated the value of the object you hold: a gem it is not, but it could still be precious. His precious

Greed buries its claws into the Sableye, who skitters over to you with an unsettling grin and outstretched hands to receive the bribe. Mille, meanwhile, has been silently Biding her time for an attack that does not come, but that is part of your plan all along, after all – when she fails to unleash any accumulated energy, the Stufful smiles and quickly moves on to the next attack. Fluffy paws glowing with earthly energy, she leaps at the unsuspecting Sableye and stomps the unlife out of the undead, pummelling it over and over with just as much ferocity as she had done previously back in the corridor. When Mille is done, panting in fatigue, Sableye is no longer moving, reduced to a mess of purple goo speckled with shattered gems…

Snivy breathes a sigh of relief and breaks out of its characteristically stoic shell to hug your leg in gratitude, before coughing and recomposing itself, visibly embarrassed. It then points at the computer where Sableye had been, curious to find out whether or not the phantom had been bluffing after all.

You walk over and glance at the screen:


Klefkinetics ® Automated Locks System

Press the corresponding button to lock/unlock the linked mechanism:
1. Main Gate [ERROR – UNABLE TO CONNECT]
2. Fish Tank Area [ERROR – UNABLE TO CONNECT]
3. Refrigeration Unit
4. Assembly Line Area 1
5. Assembly Line Area 2
6. Locker Room Area


Well, it seemed the Sableye was bluffing after all – this is no alarm program, it’s a remote lock mechanis! Snivy has its eyes glued to the screen, as if this choice is personally important…

What will you do?

*Mille gained 3 Levels!*
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:25 PM   #92
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
morningstar:

Passion is sometimes weakness. In this case, you bet everything on Sableye’s known love for all things precious, and pretend to agree to his request by flashing a rainbow-colored Heart Scale in its direction…

The ghost hesitates, seemingly unfamiliar with the item but captivated by the display of colors. Unable to ascertain it what you hold is a gemstone or not, it hops down from the desk and moves in closer to you, jewel eyes locked on the scale like a devoted appraiser. Finally, it stops, having curated the value of the object you hold: a gem it is not, but it could still be precious. His precious

Greed buries its claws into the Sableye, who skitters over to you with an unsettling grin and outstretched hands to receive the bribe. Mille, meanwhile, has been silently Biding her time for an attack that does not come, but that is part of your plan all along, after all – when she fails to unleash any accumulated energy, the Stufful smiles and quickly moves on to the next attack. Fluffy paws glowing with earthly energy, she leaps at the unsuspecting Sableye and stomps the unlife out of the undead, pummelling it over and over with just as much ferocity as she had done previously back in the corridor. When Mille is done, panting in fatigue, Sableye is no longer moving, reduced to a mess of purple goo speckled with shattered gems…

Snivy breathes a sigh of relief and breaks out of its characteristically stoic shell to hug your leg in gratitude, before coughing and recomposing itself, visibly embarrassed. It then points at the computer where Sableye had been, curious to find out whether or not the phantom had been bluffing after all.

You walk over and glance at the screen:


Klefkinetics ® Automated Locks System

Press the corresponding button to lock/unlock the linked mechanism:
1. Main Gate [ERROR – UNABLE TO CONNECT]
2. Fish Tank Area [ERROR – UNABLE TO CONNECT]
3. Refrigeration Unit
4. Assembly Line Area 1
5. Assembly Line Area 2
6. Locker Room Area


Well, it seemed the Sableye was bluffing after all – this is no alarm program, it’s a remote lock mechanis! Snivy has its eyes glued to the screen, as if this choice is personally important…

What will you do?

*Mille gained 3 Levels!*


Athena kept quiet as the Sableye drew closer. Her hand shook a bit. It wouldn't try to possess her again, right? Millie focused intently on her opponent as it approached. Athena moved the Heart Scale in her hand so that she was only holding it with the ends of a few fingers. The Ghost type grabbed it, and she withdrew her hand quickly, worried its ethereal claws might reach out and scratch her.
"Mille!" She directed, and her Stufful unleashed her pent up energy. The attack, of course, went right through Sableye, but Mille quickly turned and began to beat on her opponent with a Ground type attack instead. Athena scrambled to stand and get away from the battle, her socks slipping a bit on the floor. She watched, somewhat in horror, as her cute Stufful pounded the Sableye to smithereens. Was that what Pokemon normally looked like when they fainted?
Snivy moved to Athena, and she let out a little gasp as it wrapped itself around her leg. She reached down gently and patted the Grass type on the head to comfort it. Mille still had a bit of a crazy look in her eyes, so Athena decided to keep her distance while she calmed down.
At Snivy's direction, she took a look at the computer screen. She frowned. It was some kind of control panel, but that was about all she could deduce. She grabbed the mouse on the desk, and moved the cursor over each option, thinking. She looked over at Snivy to ask for an opinion, but then realized that it probably didn't know how to read. Snivy's map didn't have any labels on it, but the large area she had seen on the map was probably where the assembly lines were. She bit her lip, and clicked on Assembly Line 1. If she had time, she figured clicking the second Assembly Line wouldn't hurt.


Mille grew to Lv. 9!
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:29 PM   #93
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 296
morningstar:

After pondering on the choice for a while, under the watchful eyes of over twenty clueless Finneon, you decide to unlock the two assembly line areas, undisturbed as you do. You remember Snivy's drawing and the bigger areas, where at some point you will undoubtedly have to go, and figure you might as well make life easier for you in advance. However, you are much too far away to hear anything, so if "unlocking" them in this computer did anything of note, you have no way of knowing. You'll find out when you get there, you guess...

Mille is looking at the fish tanks all around the room by now, but other than that, nothing else of note seems to catch your eye in this section... until Snivy grows restless all of a sudden, as if it heard something nearby. In uncharacteristically rash fashion, it wraps a vine around your hand and forces you click over "Refrigeration Unit", then leaps off the desk and runs towards the door, disappearing from sight.

You give chase to see that the Grass-Type has wandered off towards the door immediately in front of the room you're in, rather than go back the way you had come. You remember the map once more, and realize that for some reason, the snake has veered off path and towards a side-room it had drawn rather than follow the path that should lead you to the criminal...

Will you follow after Snivy, or recall it to your side so that you may resume your way towards the Assembly Lines?
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM   #94
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
morningstar:

After pondering on the choice for a while, under the watchful eyes of over twenty clueless Finneon, you decide to unlock the two assembly line areas, undisturbed as you do. You remember Snivy's drawing and the bigger areas, where at some point you will undoubtedly have to go, and figure you might as well make life easier for you in advance. However, you are much too far away to hear anything, so if "unlocking" them in this computer did anything of note, you have no way of knowing. You'll find out when you get there, you guess...

Mille is looking at the fish tanks all around the room by now, but other than that, nothing else of note seems to catch your eye in this section... until Snivy grows restless all of a sudden, as if it heard something nearby. In uncharacteristically rash fashion, it wraps a vine around your hand and forces you click over "Refrigeration Unit", then leaps off the desk and runs towards the door, disappearing from sight.

You give chase to see that the Grass-Type has wandered off towards the door immediately in front of the room you're in, rather than go back the way you had come. You remember the map once more, and realize that for some reason, the snake has veered off path and towards a side-room it had drawn rather than follow the path that should lead you to the criminal...

Will you follow after Snivy, or recall it to your side so that you may resume your way towards the Assembly Lines?


Athena sat at the computer for a moment, wondering if anything else might happen. She turned in the chair and looked at her Stufful and the Snivy. Mille was looking satisfied with herself, and also was licking her lips staring at the swimming Finneon. As the silence continued, Athena started to stand back up, only to gasp aloud as Snivy's vines suddenly wrapped around her hand. It led her to click the mouse again, unlocking the "Refrigeration Unit". The Grass Snake slipped out the door, leaving Athena and Mille in confusion.
"Uh, you could have just asked..." Athena mumbled. Mille cocked her head. After taking one last look at the computer, Athena gathered herself and her Pokemon and padded out of the room, looking down the corridor both ways. She spotted Snivy round a corner into a room. She brought up the picture of the map in her mind. Why didn't she just take a picture in the first place? If she was still remembering it correctly, Snivy wasn't heading in the direction of the hostages. She looked down at Mille, who had a rather neutral look on her face as always. The stuffed bear started heading after Snivy, but Athena was still unsure. She had no idea why Snivy would have suddenly changed its mind. Up until now, it had been content following the trainer's decisions. Still, as the little nametag on Snivy's chest had read, it was a guard here. It obviously knew much more about this plant than Athena. Pokemon also had much stronger senses compared to humans, maybe Snivy had heard something that she didn't.
"Wait for me...!" She whispered after Mille. Before she entered the room Snivy had gone in, she worriedly looked over her shoulder.

__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM   #95
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 296
morningstar: Things had been going smoothly up until this point. Snivy seemed to trust and follow your every decision, so the sudden change of behaviour, this abruptly and seemingly out of the blue, naturally has you worried. What if the snake… couldn’t be trusted after all?!

You know the Refrigeration Unit isn’t the way to go – Snivy showed you that much – but the grass serpent stands resolutely in front of the door it just forced you to unlock. Once you finally catch up to it, Snivy doesn’t even look back at you, but simply steps forward as if it’s suddenly on a solo mission. Why is it behaving like this?...

Motion sensors pick up Snivy’s approach and cause the door to slide open. You would have expected a cold wave to emanate from within, but the air temperature remains unchanged, as if the Refrigeration Unit has stopped working. Walking inside after Snivy, you see a surprisingly small room lined with shelves all around, no doubt where excess Finneon meat is preserved until it’s time to be canned. But none of it is really noteworthy – what does catch your eye is the scene square in the middle of the room, one that has Snivy frozen in shock, unable to move…

A chair has been placed in the middle, and on it sits a man with his arms tied behind his back. Likely in his forties, dressed in officer uniform, he looks up at Snivy with the blank stare of a man who has endured hunger and thirst for far too long, his mind on the brink of shutting down. On his shirt is a badge, and Snivy is on the brink of tears as he looks back at the broken guard. This has to be Snivy’s Trainer.

But it gets worse. Coiled around the feet of the chair is a large black snake that rises up as you enter the room. Rd eyes glimmering maliciously, the Seviper taunts Snivy into drawing closer, but as soon as the Grass-Type makes its first motion towards its Trainer, the snake buries its venomous fangs into the man’s neck. And just like that, the guard’s eyes close, and he draws his last breath.

Snivy falls to the ground in shock and disbelief, unable to do anything. It seems as if the criminal took precautions in case anyone attempted to release this prisoner, leaving one of his Pokemon behind to ensure the guard never made it out in case someone sneaked inside.

After this terrifying turn of events, what will you do?!
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.