UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #76
Heather
POOTIS!
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Under the Gay Cloud
Posts: 2,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Heather-

As you order your Misdreavus to do some reconnaissance, you sit down and play one of the new mobile games taking the realm by storm. Not long after you finish feeding your Magikarp, Magus appears in front of you and starts to explain his discoveries.

"There is something behind the suspicious patch, that much I can tell you. What though, I can't. There seems to be some sort of blocker on the ethereal there, and even using mental probing there's a strong barrier there. I suspect it has something to do with the Jirachi animatronic, as there are similar qualities to it. Yet, there is something inside of the robot too. What is there, I honestly can't say. If you want to try and figure out what's behind that patch, you'll need some brute force. At the moment the guard is a bit distracted over at the roulette, so even if you wanted to do so, I would high advise not to break into that place until the night time. At this point I would suggest it would be best to explorer other areas, there isn't much just the two of us can do here at once," he explains to you, giving the best explanation of his findings to you that he can.

It would seem that at this point there really wasn't much the two of you could do without possibly teeming up with others. Though, why was there such a strong anti-ghost and presumably anti-psychic barrier in this area. What could be hiding behind that patch of wall that could be so important to keep hidden from both the public and prying eyes. Perhaps the night will reveal answers the day can't. At this point, it looks like there isn't much else here for you. There were still the FAME and FORTUNE paths to as well.

What do you do?
Heather huffed in frustration. She needed to upgrade her berries, it was taking way too long for Dorcaskarp to get anywhere, even with the mountain of food she'd been granted on her logging in. Just as she had her virtual Magikarp polish off one last Leppa Berry, Magus finally reported back in, reporting that while something was most certainly behind that door, he couldn't gain access at all, which stunned Heather.

"Well, if that's the case...keep invisible and follow that FAME path and report back to me about any more blocks or otherwise noteworthy things, maybe determine the area of the block behind that weird door if you can, it may help later. I'll check FORTUNE. Meet back here in 20 minutes. And, since some obviously shady stuff is going down, if either of us doesn't get back in time, the other should not hesitate to come looking. Keep that in mind, it's important." Heather instructed. Magus nodded and faded away once more. Heather put away her phone and began to investigate the Fortune path. Dorcaskarp's daily training could wait.
__________________
Confidence (Some Assembly Required): Because NQNH's save file is now RIP
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Things One Is Not Allowed To Do In Exalted
244) While not FORBIDDEN, my Midnight is to keep in mind that using an army of animated skeletons in order to fill the town square with a rendition of "Spooky Scary Skeletons" is going to be considered odd at best.
WF Things
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #77
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Meetan-

You introduce yourself before question the Shuppet, asking it about what it can remember and if it has a name. The animatronic just stares at you, its lifeless eyes processing the information you sent it. With a small beep, your phone brings up a new message.

"I'm sorry, I don't really know anything. I can't remember... Can't... It hurts to remember. Yet.. If you could save me, that would be grand."

And with that the robot stopped looking at you, and returned to its job. No matter how much you try, it seems that this'll be all you'll be getting out of the Pokemon inside of the creepy machine. The power limiters on it must be a lot more severe than it described, if it could barely hold conversation more than a minute or so at a time. Why then, was the casino doing this to Pokemon. Why would they need such a device that would interfere with the abilities of Ghost-typed and Psychic-typed Pokemon.

As you stare at your phone, you hear a small bark. Sammi circles around you, excited about something. Perhaps she caught something, or it could just be the more canine habits of her species kicking it. Her sniffer seems to be overdrive, and she's barking while pointing towards the FAME hallway. Did she find something down there? If so what was it? At this point there wasn't anything that could really help out the Shuppet until the night, but at least this could potentially give you more information. You then hear an announcement that a show was about to start in the FAME area.

What do you do?

Schala-

After discussing with your Purrloin, you manage to finally place a coin in the old starter slots. With a spin of the machine, you watch with perturbed curiosity as the machine starts to spin, and spin, and spin. The first column stops, and then the second... Two 7s. Yet the last column malfunctions. A Squirtle hanging above the space in the middle. The Pupitar guard notices this, and waddles over to you. Giving you a smile, it headbutts the machine, causing the last column to spin some more, and more, and more... Until it lands on a 7. The machine flashes JACKPOT, and spits out nothing. Were all of these machines rigged? The Pupitar guard seems frustrated yet again that a machine isn't working, and tries to fix it. Yet, it comes back with nothing. Examining it further, you notice a word etched into the back of the slot machine, yet very hard to see.

E TR ES

Etres? The hell does that mean. It like the rest of what was written is too faded to read. Yet, another word is a lot more visible.

M A M M O N.

Mammon, the demon of greed. A personification of man's desire for infinity wealth and money. Would there be more information to be found about this Mammon in the FORTUNE hall? Is that why Nyx wanted to go? It was hard to discern without actually going towards the place yourself. Though, it did raise a question. Why were these rigged machines still out here? You then hear an announcement that a show was about to start in the FAME area.

What do you do?

Sandaa-

After having some fun in the photo booth you and your Aipom set your plan into motion. Scurvy darts out of the small machine, to get into a more optimal location. Seeing him vanish from sight, you head towards the food court, and grab a tray. You start to pile it on with food, from steaks to cakes, from greens to grains. Soon, the food tray could barely handle the pile of dishes that you grabbed from the buffet, and you walk towards the counter. Yet, before you can, you purposefully slip sending the tray of food flying. You fall backwards, hurting your glutes in the process, and your small yelp alerts the guards of the stage towards your location. You are then assaulted by the slices of cake you grabbed, and get covered in their creamy goodness. The Miltank from the stage notices, and has the Pangoro assist her as they help pick you up. The Pangoro then yells, and a group of Cincinno and Trubbish appear. The Pokemon start to clean up the mess, and the Miltank apologizes when she feels that the ground under you was wet. Easy.

Meanwhile, Scurvy took the guard leaving as his cue, and started to use his acrobatic tricks to get to the backstage. It was surprisingly... empty. The Aipom wanders the area, before seeing a slightly cracked open door. Seeing some items of interest and snatches them up with his thievery skills. Poking his head out, he sees the coast is clear and makes a beeline towards the photo booth. Seeing the purple flash, you tell the guards you're okay and will go clean yourself up, siting that you left your bag in the photo booth first.

With all of that out of the way, you meet back up with Scurvy and look at the contents of what he got. The first of it was a ID card, yet who's it was it does not say. There weren't any card readers in this area, so this might prove more useful in the night. The second item is a piece of paper, yet what is on it is undecipherable. The third is a bottle of some liquid. Opening it up, you get hit by a pungent wave of burning alcohol. Booze, it was booze. Besides the ID card, there wasn't too much of interest there besides maybe the paper. That is, if you could find a way to read it. You then hear an announcement that a show was about to start in the FAME area.

What do you do?

Raves-

Discussing what the two of you experienced, you and your Honchkrow decide to go to the Fortune hall. The smoking area was what interested you, and not for the reason to relieve some stress. If they had a designated area for smoking indoors, then that means there must be ventilation of some kind to allow the harmful air to escape. And if that was the case, then that means there must be an exit to the building within those vents, and if there was an exit, than means there was also an entrance. With that in mind, the two of you march into the Fortune hall.

The sounds of slot machines and the hustle and bustle of crowds can call anyone to the draws of the casino. It seems that people still flocked here to gamble there lives away, and that would help you out in the long run. Patrons barely left this area, and for a good reason, besides fancy food they could get whatever they wanted here. The smell of cigarettes permeated the air, and while disgusting was also a common occurrence at many casinos. Yet, the guard Pokemon tried to usher smokers to the designated area. Looking towards the ceiling, you notice a few air vents at the top of the area, and you could hear what seemed to be a small humming sound the closer you got to it. There was a way, but getting into there with this many people would be risky. Yet, it was a risk that needed to be taken. It was an easy way in, if your thoughts were correct, and an easy way in would make the night so much easier. You then hear an announcement that a show was about to start in the FAME area.

What do you do?

Heather-

You bid your Misdreavus farewell and head down the path of Fortune. The noises of slot machines and the smell of cigarettes immediately assault your senses. Another thing was that despite the rest of the casino, this place was crowded. People were everywhere, unlike how empty the rest of the building was. It seemed that this was the main attraction after all. With that in mind, you start to explore where you can. It's hard, though, to not look overtly suspicious trying to find odd trinkets or vents with all of these people around. There was nothing to find, nothing that couldn't be seen without the people being gone. And it seems that an opportunity soon presented itself. You then hear an announcement that a show was about to start in the FAME area. With that, the crowds started to slowly disperse from the FORTUNE area like an amorphous blob, with no mind of its own. Weird. Following the crowd, you soon get back to the intersection.

Feeling a chill, your Misdreavus reappears and confirms also hearing the announcement. He also describes the layout of the Fame hall, with there being a food court, a central stage, a few restaurants, a karaoke bar, and an arcade for kids. Seemed to be a much more family friendly area than that of the Fortune. Yet, all the people going there could prove to be beneficial to exploring the Fortune Hall. Even so, what type of show was this. It felt a bit too convenient for you.

What do you do?
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #78
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Meetan-

You introduce yourself before question the Shuppet, asking it about what it can remember and if it has a name. The animatronic just stares at you, its lifeless eyes processing the information you sent it. With a small beep, your phone brings up a new message.

"I'm sorry, I don't really know anything. I can't remember... Can't... It hurts to remember. Yet.. If you could save me, that would be grand."

And with that the robot stopped looking at you, and returned to its job. No matter how much you try, it seems that this'll be all you'll be getting out of the Pokemon inside of the creepy machine. The power limiters on it must be a lot more severe than it described, if it could barely hold conversation more than a minute or so at a time. Why then, was the casino doing this to Pokemon. Why would they need such a device that would interfere with the abilities of Ghost-typed and Psychic-typed Pokemon.

As you stare at your phone, you hear a small bark. Sammi circles around you, excited about something. Perhaps she caught something, or it could just be the more canine habits of her species kicking it. Her sniffer seems to be overdrive, and she's barking while pointing towards the FAME hallway. Did she find something down there? If so what was it? At this point there wasn't anything that could really help out the Shuppet until the night, but at least this could potentially give you more information. You then hear an announcement that a show was about to start in the FAME area.

What do you do?
Although Alice had previously felt as unnerved as anyone might around such a robot, that was no longer the case. Those eyes looked lifeless, but inside, life struggled away; trapped. Her phone went off, and she turned away just a little, as if it was a distraction rather than there being any connection between the messages and the machine. That was even more saddening, but she would do her very best. She had to. Alice's head rose as the animatronic walked away from her. She supposed that the Shuppet had to pretend that it wasn't talking to her-- or the prison had forcibly stolen him away from her.

"I will. I'll do my very best, I promise."

Samantha came back to her, yapping, and the young woman beamed. "What is it, my little lady? Had fun?" She asked of the vicious healer. The doggy looked both delighted and determined, coming up onto two paws to point towards the walk to FAME. "Oh, yeah? Found something good?" She prompted, and the Snubbull continued her tirade. When the announcement sounded out, Alice wondered if it was a legitimate lead or not, but there wasn't too much to lose. With so many of them there to start shit, and the discovery of the trapped Shuppet, Alice figured she had already done enough of a job if this didn't get anywhere. "Come on, then. Let's go, let's go!" The idol exclaimed cheerily, and Samantha ran ahead with her heeled owner in tow, ready for whatever FAME had in store for them.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:00 AM   #79
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Sandaa-

After having some fun in the photo booth you and your Aipom set your plan into motion. Scurvy darts out of the small machine, to get into a more optimal location. Seeing him vanish from sight, you head towards the food court, and grab a tray. You start to pile it on with food, from steaks to cakes, from greens to grains. Soon, the food tray could barely handle the pile of dishes that you grabbed from the buffet, and you walk towards the counter. Yet, before you can, you purposefully slip sending the tray of food flying. You fall backwards, hurting your glutes in the process, and your small yelp alerts the guards of the stage towards your location. You are then assaulted by the slices of cake you grabbed, and get covered in their creamy goodness. The Miltank from the stage notices, and has the Pangoro assist her as they help pick you up. The Pangoro then yells, and a group of Cincinno and Trubbish appear. The Pokemon start to clean up the mess, and the Miltank apologizes when she feels that the ground under you was wet. Easy.

Meanwhile, Scurvy took the guard leaving as his cue, and started to use his acrobatic tricks to get to the backstage. It was surprisingly... empty. The Aipom wanders the area, before seeing a slightly cracked open door. Seeing some items of interest and snatches them up with his thievery skills. Poking his head out, he sees the coast is clear and makes a beeline towards the photo booth. Seeing the purple flash, you tell the guards you're okay and will go clean yourself up, siting that you left your bag in the photo booth first.

With all of that out of the way, you meet back up with Scurvy and look at the contents of what he got. The first of it was a ID card, yet who's it was it does not say. There weren't any card readers in this area, so this might prove more useful in the night. The second item is a piece of paper, yet what is on it is undecipherable. The third is a bottle of some liquid. Opening it up, you get hit by a pungent wave of burning alcohol. Booze, it was booze. Besides the ID card, there wasn't too much of interest there besides maybe the paper. That is, if you could find a way to read it. You then hear an announcement that a show was about to start in the FAME area.

What do you do?
Gary had to work hard to hide his excitement as his plan had pulled off to perfection. Sure, his clothes were a little dirty now, but he wasn’t about to cry over a little spilled milk; it was necessary sacrifice for his plan’s success. Thanking the Miltank and Pangoro for helping him up, Gary took some napkins to clean himself off and quietly departed the food court once the commotion had died down. He returned to the photo kiosk in wait for Scurvy to rejoin him.

While all of this was going on, Scurvy seized the opportunity as the guards departed the stage and left it unattended. Playing the acrobatic thief, the small purple monkey did a few unnecessary flips to sneak backstage, as if he were hopping over invisible lasers or something. Finding a door backstage that was slightly ajar, Scurvy poked his head in before grabbing a few items and quickly made his retreat.

As Gary met back up with his Aipom in the photo booth, he noticed the small handful of items Scurvy retrieved. “Great work, Scurvy!” Gary grinned, ruffling the Aipom’s hair. Scurvy grinned back and let out a triumphant, “Aye!” Gary quickly looked over the items Scurvy had taken. First up was an ID card, something Gary knew would be pretty valuable, so he quickly pocketed it. Next up was a piece of paper, but he couldn’t quite make out what was on it. Lastly was a bottle filled with some kind of liquid, and upon inspection, Gary crinkled his nose as fumes of alcohol went up his nostrils.

At first, Gary was at a loss what to do with the second and third items. He wasn’t much of a drinker, so he had little use for the booze. Meanwhile, the piece of paper confused him. Maybe it was written in some kind of special ink? Chemistry and physics wasn’t exactly Gary’s strong suit, but he had heard before something about the chemical properties of alcohol being used to decode invisible ink. He was wary however, that he could be completely wrong in this matter and compromise the integrity of the material. With that in mind, Gary took a napkin and wet it with the alcohol before deciding to dab the napkin on a corner of the paper first to test his hypothesis. As all of this was going on, an announcement echoed throughout the area about a show coming soon to the FAME area. Luckily he wouldn’t have to travel far to check it out, so Gary looked to wrap up his mini science project first.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.