UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2017, 09:56 PM   #276
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: With the Starmie's words taken to heart, you and your group begin to enter the underground ruins on high alert, as you detail your plan of action to the group. With Andromeda taking into account Amanda's physical situation of the moment, the starfish hangs back, ready to help her out when necessary, and indeed, the exercising of her psychic abilities seems to have helped Andromeda out as she gains 2 levels from scrying and analysing the grounds. As you step onto the mossy bricks, you seem to feel the age of the ruins themselves as you begin to follow the road down to the first of the buildings.

Looking forward, you find the road you're on seems to be a main road, as you opt to remain hidden and follow the back roads, figuring that the entity within would likely follow those paths more. The trek through the alleyways is tense, the sound of your footsteps putting you on edge. Once or twice, you pause, heart beating as a stray Golett plods by in eternal patrol, sometimes turning head towards you and raising hand in friendly salute, as your group theorises that people used to live here and the clay pokemon are imprinted upon humans as allies.

Eventually you come to a fork in the road, and with some conferring send Marvolo and Meowth ahead to scout for a safe path. A few seconds after they depart, a hand on your shoulder almost makes your quarter-Gastly into a half-Gastly as Amanda beckons for you.

"...I hate to admit...but I have a horrible feeling about this..." she whispers, just as another boom grabs your attention, the woman tumbling forward into your arms as you manage to keep yourself from falling over, giving a glance at your Starmie on why she didn't catch either of you. She remains silent, but looking at her gem, you can tell she's stone cold silent, as though trying not to make any sudden movements. As the sky darkens above you, you look up to find a Sigilyph, glaring at the right, where Marvolo ventured.

What happens next takes both you and Amanda's breaths away. The Avianoid pokemon launches a blast of air forward at something, only for an intense chill to fill the air as an incredible blast of frigid energy slams forth into the pokemon, the psychic pokemon's swaying movement slowing drastically and stopping as its body is frozen from within and outwith, an almost alien wail emanating from the creature, forming a crystalline tomb of ice, before shattering into countless fragments and raining across a wide area. Not just ice, however, as the pokemon itself, deep frozen, disintegrates too, small chunks of the Sigilyph dropping onto you and Amanda, both of you trembling. The image of death may not be as harsh as before, but the impact most certainly is. Before, the Rattata were merely out to survive, but whatever caused this must have done so out of malice. After a few tense seconds, Meowth and Marvolo return, as the pair give you feedback.

Meowth's side of the story tells you that the left path seems clear, though it does get rather narrow as the buildings were built closer than usual, but seems safe, as he seems curious at the sound he heard. Marvolo's news is that the right path is wider and he could spot some tunnels further ahead a short distance away, but that he also discovered something much more sinister, by confirming that he found the source of Andromeda's concern, though is reluctant to explain in detail. After a little coercion, he swallows before whispering gravely: A Claydol, a little larger than usual, hate etched into every one of those eyes, and body embedded with irregular gemstones of all sorts of colour, which glowed with menace before it released an incredible ray of frost, no mere ice beam, at something. He had ducked back in after spotting it, as he admits gazing upon it gave him a feeling of dread.

Your choices are clear as it dawns on you the Starmie's silence was to prevent the psychic pokemon from detecting her and your group by extension. Still holding onto Amanda, you feel your cheeks redden a little as you help yourself and her to your feet, before considering your decision on the best path to take. Narrow and safer, or shorter, but potentially reveaing yourselves to the Claydol with unknown agenda?
Slowly they made their way through the subterranean city. They started off on a main road, which Keith was very quick to change- after all, the whole idea was to make it past as inconspicuously as possible. Parading down the main road, that would definitely draw attention to themselves, possibly up to and including the decidedly unwanted attention of whatever malevolent entity Andromeda they were to run away from as fast as possible, should they have the tremendous misfortune of coming across it. With that in mind, they kept to the back streets, the narrow alleys, the dark, shady, yet refreshingly inconspicuous narrow pathways that took them throughout the city.

Keith paused at one point, for a Pokémon made from blue clay could be seen wandering around. He dug out his Pokédex, though was sure to put it on mute before scanning the creature.

"Golett, the Automaton Pokémon. A Ground and Ghost-type," came the words scrolling across the Pokédex screen. "Golett was fashioned from clay by ancient science thousands of years ago. Nobody has yet identified the mysterious energy within it that enables it to move."

The Golett, however, merely saluted Keith before continuing moving. "Phew," Meowth sighed. "Perhaps dey're just used ta tinkin' o' humans as allies or sometin'?"

"Could be, yeah," Keith nodded, pocketing his Pokédex. "I mean, it's likely people used to live here, after all..." They continued walking, until the path split up ahead. "Alright," stated Keith. "Meowth, Marv, you each pick a path and check things out up ahead, OK?"

"Ehhhh," Meowth groaned, but hopped down off of Marvolo and trudged down the left path nonetheless, looking all around warily for any sign of anything suspicious. Rolling his eyes, Marvolo slithered down the right path, similarly staying alert. Keith kept his eye on both pathways, hoping that the paths ahead were clear, and- SUDDEN HAND ON SHOULDER! Keith nearly jumped a foot in the air, before remembering that Amanda was there. He nodded as she confided that she had a horrible feeling about the whole thing-

BOOM! The whole place shook from the thunderous boom, ending up with Amanda tumbling forward into Keith's arms, Keith himself doing his best to remain in his full and upright position in the wake of this literally earth-shaking sound. He turned to look at Andromeda, opened his mouth to demand an explanation as to why she did nothing to stop either of them from falling, only to close said mouth moments later- her gem had gone dull, very dull indeed. Complete and total silence, telepathic or otherwise. Keith realized- Andromeda was making no sudden movements, whether physical or mental, so as to not draw the attention of whatever it was she sensed. Keith gave a nod to the Starmie to silently convey his understanding and approval of this course of action... and then looked up, for the sky above had suddenly darkened.

A lone Sigilyph flew overhead, glaring in the direction Marvolo had ventured. Keith hoped that the Sigilyph wasn't misconstruing Marvolo as a hostile intruder- the Seviper did tend to be hostile sometimes, after all- but he very quickly realized that not only was Marvolo decidedly not what drew this Sigilyph's attention and ire, but that even if it was him, the point was now moot. An intense chill filled the air, followed by an unbelievable blast of icy energy aimed straight at the Sigilyph. To call it super effective would be an understatement- not only did it freeze the Sigilyph solid, but when the ice broke apart into chunks... so too did the Sigilyph.

Keith cried out- he couldn't help it. One tended to cry out when rained upon by frigid chunks of dead Sigilyph, after all. Not that one was likely to be rained upon by frigid chunks of dead Sigilyph, of course, but on the rare occasion that it happened, one couldn't help but cry out. He and Amanda were both trembling as the sad, sad remnants of the Sigilyph fell all around them. One frozen feather even hit Keith in the shoulder. Keith had initially took the frigid blast to be an Ice Beam, but this... this was something far beyond that move. Or perhaps, what used it was far beyond the usual capabilities of those who would use Ice Beam.

Moments later, Meowth and Marvolo returned. "Alright, we- wat da...?" Meowth asked, looking at the frigid chunks of ice and Sigilyph pieces that lay all around.

"D-don't ask," Keith shook his head. "So... the paths ahead, what of them?" he persisted.

"Right," nodded Meowth. "Left path's pretty clear. It gets kinda narrow, but it seems safe ta me. Dunno wat dat big boom was, though," he added thoughtfully.

"The right path is quite wide and spacious, and it leads to some tunnels," Marvolo reported. "But I would not recommend it. I... believe I've found what Andromeda was warning us about."

Keith's eyes widened. "You did?" he murmured. "Marv says he thinks he found what Andromeda was warning us about," he added, translating for Amanda's benefit, figuring that it was more likely she didn't understand Seviper language.

"...Can I not?" Marvolo asked, uncharacteristically unnerved by whatever it was he'd encountered.

"Ordinarily I'd go with that," Keith said gently. "But we need to know what we're dealing with here. Or in this case, what we're looking to avoid."

"...Right," Marvolo nodded. "It was a Claydol. Not like any Claydol I've ever seen before, though- much larger. The look in its eyes, I've seen looks like that from every blasted Zangoose I've ever laid eyes on- a hateful look. Its body was embedded with gemstones of various colors, and the gemstones glowed with menace, just before it unleashed this... I don't know what to make of it. It was like an Ice Beam, except..."

"...way stronger?" Keith finished.

"...You saw it," stated Marvolo. "What-" He stopped, however, finally noticing the frozen Sigilyph chunks all around him. "...I see," he murmured. "Keith... this thing scares me," he hissed quietly. To actively admit to fear was something big for Marvolo.

"Yeah, I know what you mean, Marv," Keith nodded, after having translated the Seviper's description of the culprit for Amanda. "Scares all of us, and according to Andromeda, rightly so. So... yeah, left path. No question," he stated. standing up, and helping Amanda up as well. "I'll take the path that doesn't include the murderous, hateful Claydol, thank you."

"Well said," Marvolo nodded.

"I can get on board wit dat notion," Meowth added.

Keith nodded. Andromeda, of course, was remaining silent, the better to not draw the Claydol's attention. With all this, Keith led the way down the left path, and his Pokémon all made to follow him, though they all kept an eye on Amanda- with Andromeda opting to run silent for the time being, it was conceivable that Meowth or Marvolo might have to step (or slither) up and assist her if the need arose.


*Andromeda grew to level 26!*

*Andromeda grew to level 27!*
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:23 AM   #277
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge
 
Brave Saix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
((Sorry folks. Life’s been rough lately. I’ll spare you the excuses though. Let’s do this shit.))


Brave Saix: [Update Music]

After getting some food into her stomach - which proved to be difficult, given the predicament the two of you had found yourselves in - the Chimchar was ready. As you finished changing into the fainted Grunt’s uniform, you turned back to your new partner, who smiled faintly. Given that she had been to the room where the other Pokemon - and Jill - were most likely being kept, it seemed like the Chimchar was more than willing to lead the way, albeit by your side.

You took a deep breath, ready to leave this room as a memory best buried in the past, with your sights set on rescuing Jill and getting the hell out of dodge. The door slid open, and the two of you stepped out and into a hallway. The light was blinding at first - the dimness of the room you had been in made it difficult to adjust to the fluorescent lights lining the ceiling. It didn’t help that the walls and floor tile were pure white, either. There were two more sliding doors in the medium length hall, one at each end. Chimchar tugged at your pant leg and pointed toward the one to your left.

You walked down the hallway and the door slid open. As it did, you began to step through - and immediately bumped right into another Shell member. “Hey, watch where you’re g-” a female voice rang out. She rubbed her forehead and then looked down at the Chimchar, and then back up to you. “Oh, good. I was just on my way to get the Chimchar, but it looks like you’re one step ahead of me. Boss decided this runt is better off back at HQ for re-education camp,” the girl giggled. “Hear that, squirt? You must be a real pain in the ass! But it sounds like the Shells still have a use for you, since she didn’t just have you executed! Well anyway, let’s get this little shit to the Submission Room upstairs,” she said. She turned around and pulled out a key card and held it up to a door on the left, which immediately opened. Inside were a few potted plants behind a staircase which led upstairs.

Three other doors, one clearly an elevator, lined the length of the hall as well. Two required a key card - the lift, and a room labeled “Storage”. There were no security cameras around as far as you could tell.

As the female Shell opened the door, Chimchar tugged on your pant leg and shook her head, and pointed downward. “Well, let’s head up I guess,” the Shell said, her back to you. There were a dozen different ways you could proceed, here, but it was up to you to determine the best course of action.
"We might just make it out of here." Sypher sighed to himself as the door slid open. Omph. "Fuck!" He jumped as he bumped into the female grunt. "Yeah, they had me running a few things around. THIS!" he pointed towards Chimchar, "was pretty much the last thing on the list. Seems a bit more understanding after that little show in there. Let's get moving." He moved his foot behind the Chimchar and gave it a gentle nudge on the bum hoping she'd play along.

As Sypher followed the grunt into the next room. He quickly glanced around the room and noticed the room labeled storage. As the grunt went on about heading up to take Chimchar to "reeducation" and swipped her card, Sypher felt a tug on his leg. The Chimchar was motioning to go down. Knowing he needed to lose the grunt he quickly spoke up. "Hey. Hold up a moment." Sypher began fishing around in his pocket for the key card he had pilfered moments earlier. "I knew I was forgetting something. I gotta get some things from in here. He turned to the storage room, scanned the card and with the click he pushed on the handle "I got this one handled, you head on up. AND YOU, get moving!" He said repeating the light tap from earlier.
__________________
Brave Saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:24 PM   #278
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,345
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: Given the situation before you, finding nemo Neemee is paramount in priority to your goals, as you release Silas into the catacombs, the Houndoom almost too fitting within the corridors. Your teammate listens to your orders, and puts his nose to the floor in a sleuth trying to pick up the odour of old rags, as you put it...only for you to realise the problem with asking him to smell out old rags, given your location is practically full of them. The Houndoom nevertheless seems to pick up the smell of something out of the ordinary, though, as you and Silas slowly follow the scent.

The trudge through the catacombs most certainly reminds you of death, and looking at the walls you find occasional coffins and dusty skeletal remains of those who lived within the sanctum centuries ago, but rather than feel youthful and respectful in the catacombs, the air of dread surrounds you and the hellhound. Most likely the legacy tainted by the Shells, but there was little time to dwell upon that as you had a stranger to find.

Silas stops you in your thoughts, however, as the canine reveals the source of what he picked up. A fairly solid wood door older than your grandparents stood before you, ajar, and after a brief moment of listening, you hear no sign of presence within. Pulling open the door, you look in and find the room within to be a storeroom of sorts, with a number of small badges and hats here and there, each one bearing the symbol of a stylised bullet. The badges on closer inspection were bullet casings with a pin attached, literal shells. If you were one for a sneaky disposition, disguising yourself as a Shell wouldn't be difficult, and could allow you to wander more freely, and if the Shells were indeed linked to the Rockets, Silas would only make the illusion more believable.

On the other hand, as Silas nudges you, you could see another door, and on looking within you find this room to be full of all sorts of papers and tomes. If you wanted information on the Shells, this was the place to look. The books themselves seemed to vary in age, from ancient tomes that were probably written by Cofagrigus back when they were human, to modern binders and folders, all in a semi-random pile. Your curiosity is interested when Silas grabs your attention once more with a pull of the leg, as the Houndoom's keen nose detects something coming, and that something most certainly does not smell like old rags.

What's your plan? With the approach, you realistically only have time to get items from one of the rooms before whoever's approaching reaches you. Will you go for the papers, or the disguise?
Unfortunately, the fact that Silas wasn't familiar with Neemee's scent came into play as "old rags" and "old catacombs" smelled almost exactly the same! He was able to pick up something, and Michael followed him all the way to an ancient, wooden door. There didn't seem to be anyone inside, so he opened the door to find badges and hats with bullet-like symbols, likely the apparel of the Shell gang that ran the place. "I could use these as a disguise," Michael mused. "That could help us explore the place without running into too much trouble."

Silas then nuzzled his hand and brought his attention toward a second door which when opened revealed a bunch of different books, all of them of completely different ages from medieval to modern to ancient. This would be a lot of information to peruse through...

"Michael!" Silas let out a soft bark. "Someone's coming! And it's probably not your friend!"
"Tch," the Banette in human disguise hissed. "What do I do? If I'm in disguise, they might take me somewhere, and I get sidetracked again!" With the possible threat approaching, however, his decision was being made for him. "Better than getting caught without it though, I suppose." And with that, he took one of the hats and badges and ran back a ways, giving him some time to put on the disguise so he could look the part in case whoever was on their way there actually was the part. In addition, Silas ran back, ready to defend should the arrival prove hostile in any way, whether it be through Michael's disguise failing in the face of villainous gangsters or provoking a negative response from some other explorer.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:05 PM   #279
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,952
Patches- Collecting the sparkling remains of the stain glass barrier as a memento, you stuff it into your bag. Mio does you a favour and recalls Kei back into his Pokeball, the Charmander was certainly uneasy in this strange environment, it was probably best that he stay safe inside his Pokeball for now. While you are dawdling around, Mio races ahead, stopping at the door to call out to you. The Pikachu didn't seem to be enjoy the games as much as yourself, she seems much more intent on finding Rika as fast as possible. A grin on your face you race out of the room, Mio follows you closely as you attempt to follow the wet paw prints left behind by the rogue Espeon. The trail leads you up the staircase and eventually you come out on the second level of the building.

Then you see her, Rika is no more than 10 metres in front of you, her eyes are still glistening with energy, she wasn't acting like herself. As soon as you take a step towards her she turns and walks straight through the closed door behind her. Her body seems to simply shift through the solid wood. You rush up to the door and try to go through like Rika, only to crash into it with a thump. Mio looks up at you with a concerned look, it seems things weren't going to be that easy. Rubbing your head, you get a closer look at the door, it seemed to have a pattern marked into it. Not only that, the door seemed to have a lock on it, 4 numbers were needed to unlock it. Rika was on the other side of the door, if you were going to continue playing with her, you would have to get through first.



Medmana- It seems the Petrov's were unfamiliar with your Dewpider, finally something you could be thankful for. As the Pignite comes barrelling towards Bell, the Dewpider lets out a spray of water that drenches the entire arena. The flames surrounding the incoming Pignite hiss as they reduce in intensity. Bell is surprised as a thin pane of energy appears in front of him, courtesy of Gloria's Inkay. Both techniques effectively neuter the Pignite's charge, by the time it slams into Bell it does nothing more than push him backwards. The Pignite snorts angrily, while it's attack was weakened it still benefited from the attack, its speed was now boosted as its body felt more limber. While you have been concentrating on Bell and the Pignite, the Servine has been stalking Gloria's Inkay and has now decided to go on the attack. Its tail glows as it summons a swirling tornado of leaves, a flick in the Inkay's direction sends the barrage towards it. The small squid screeches in pain, the leaves cut its soft skin as they whistle past, Gloria grimaces as she feels her Pokemon's pain.

Having weakened the Pignite's fire power, it was now time to start targeting it. Gloria's Inkay leads the way, the spots on the cephalopod's body light up as it sends a wave of psychic energy towards the Pignite. The Fighting type stumbles backwards as it is forced to endure the attack, which seems to be of quite a high intensity. Before the Pignite can collect itself, Bell lets out a spray of bubbles that pepper the pig's nose. Despite the relatively weak power, the super effective and irritating nature of the attack is enough to get a reaction out of the Pignite, who rubs his hands across his snout, trying to relieve himself of the soapy residue. Seeing its partner drawing all the attention, the Servine releases a burst of grass energy that spreads out through the ground. Suddenly the sand turns fertile as grass sprouts around Bell and Gloria's Inkay, is this what the Petrov's intended? Their intention soon becomes apparent however, as the Pignite sets its sights on the Inkay. It slams its fist into the ground, causing a pillar of fire to erupt beneath Inkay. The pillar quickly increases in diameter, enveloping Inkay as its power is amplified by the Servine's previous attack. As the pillar of flames subsides, Inkay comes into view, the Psychic type is already looking fairly beat up. If not for Bell's Water Sport the damage could have been much worse, something the Inkay was likely thankful for. Then you notice it, the grass the Servine had sprouted was now ignited by the Pignite's fire, creating a field of fire around Bell and Inkay. The flames were slowly singeing them, causing them damage the longer they stayed in contact with them.

"They're as strong as we expected Ami", you can sense the concern in Gloria's voice, "we need to do better, we need to fight back harder." The Petrov's had already shown off their strength, but you couldn't help but feel like they were just getting started.


Sandaa- With both grunts now awake and the Murkrow on the offensive, you knew you had to be more aggressive. The longer this battle played out the more chance your entire mission would be blown. The Mukrow darts in for another strike, letting out a spine tingling chaw as it approaches. It swipes its wing across Buru's chest, the Smeargle groans in pain. A lash of her tail sends a shockwave of electric after the retreating Murkrow. It quickly catches it and leaves the bird convulsing in pain.

Again the Murkrow's rage and desire for payback fuel its power, a dark aura envelops it as it rushes towards the Smeargle once more. Buru sends another Shockwave towards the incoming Murkrow but it doesn't react, even as the electricity courses through its body. Buru is sent crashing into the wall, she struggles back to her feet, the Murkrow wasn't going to get the best of her. With a wave of her brush like tail, a strange energy begins to surround Buru. You feel the temperature increase, the energy solidifies on Buru's chest, what exactly was that move?

Suddenly the Scraggy stirs, its trainer's slapping has finally woken it from its slumber. "About time you lazy little shit! Now go Headbutt that Smeargle!" The Scraggy wriggles out of its trainers grasp, dropping to the ground. It hitches up its pants, holding onto them with both hands as it rushes towards Buru, head lowered. Buru takes a strong stance, as if she was willing to get hit by the attack, what was she thinking! The Scraggy charges head first into the Smeargle's chest, striking the strange solidified plate of energy that had formed over it. The Scraggy had fallen into a trap. As soon as the Scraggy comes into contact with the plate it explodes, letting out a massive blast of fire and smoke which sends it flying backwards. The smoke fills the alley, concealing the grunts and their Pokemon from view.

You now found yourself facing two opponents and Buru was looking rather worse for wear. The sound of the explosion surely wouldn't have gone unnoticed, for all you knew more grunts could be on their way. However the explosion had also provided you with some cover to escape, or perhaps the best course of action was to finish the battle?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:23 PM   #280
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
(Balmund, Braix - going to be doing some more light RFing with TKF over the next few days to get to a point where we can wrap up his portion of the story)

TheKnightsFury - [Update Music]
The Gyarados glowed with a blood red aura, its eyes filled with rage and fury. The Rib grunts stepped backward at the sight of the monstrous sea creature. Several slowly retreated backwards, pulling out bowie knives from satchels around their waists instinctively upon seeing you draw your blade, ready to fight back.

The Gyarados flailed, waving its heavy tail through the air like a wrecking ball, colliding with a group of the Ribs with incredible strength, crushing them against the wall of the tunnel. Debris fell from the ceiling as the monster roared. Oliver leapt backwards and drew his gun, reloading it swiftly and cocking it, loading a bullet into the chamber.

“So, I guess we’re really doing this, then?” Ehrmantraut said, pulling out a short-barreled shotgun from his back. “I suppose we were never going to storm this outpost quietly, huh?” The detective waved his arm, cocking the chamber as he snapped the barrel upward.

A serious look crawled across Oliver’s face. “Roland - are you sure this is what you want to do?”

The corner of Ehrmantraut’s mouth curled upward in a slight smirk. “Oliver, there’s only one way to cure this city of its cancer. There are no good cops left in this city... they’re all dead. Do you know why?”

Oliver stared at him with a blank expression. “Because they were good cops.”

Gyarados flailed angrily, continuing its Outrage, smashing more grunts backward toward your group. Ehrmantraut immediately dashed forward and somersaulted across the ground. As he came out of his roll, he pumped the fore-end and pulled the trigger, blowing a hole through the Rib’s chest. Another immediately ran up behind him with a bowie knife, swinging it through the air toward Ehrmantraut’s neck, screaming ferociously in anger. Had it not been for Spartacus catching the blade with one of his scythes, the attack probably would have connected. The Scyther knocked the knife aside and spun around with both scythes poised to strike in a scissor-like motion, slicing the grunt across the stomach with a Dual Chop. The grunt fell over, screaming in agony as he grabbed the gaping wound, doing his best to prevent his insides from falling out.

Sword drawn, ready to join the battle, you hoisted the blade’s weight into the air and dashed forward toward the group of Ribs. Three of the remaining Ribs thrown toward you by your Gyarados surrounded you on each side as you drew your blade into the air and dropped it hard on one grunt’s shoulder blade, immediately causing him to drop his bowie knife to the ground, releasing a spray of blood onto your shirt. As you pulled your blade out of the wound, another grunt slashed her knife through the air and across your back, causing you to flinch in pain as blood immediately began to flow from the wound. You turned to face your attacker head on, swinging your blade wildly, fiery rage burning in your eyes.

More blood spilled across the ground as Oliver pulled pulled his trigger, betraying his former teammates and shooting the female grunt who had just attacked you point-blank in the temple. She collapsed, dead before she hit the ground. “I’m not going to let anyone kill my friends ever again,” he muttered. Ehrmantraut looked at him with wide eyes, as did several other grunts.

“Oliver… you fucking bastard! You motherfucking traitor! How dare you... How dare you betray the Ribs!” the Rib who headbutted you shouted. His face wrinkled in pure anger. More grunts began to run into the tunnel from the entryway into the outpost as well - more than you could count. “New plan, Ribs: Kill the traitor Oliver at all costs. I’ll personally see to it that whoever brings Piper his head gets the promotion of a lifetime.”

Dead bodies sprawled across the floor, the sea of grunts screamed, wide eyed and filled with rage, raising their bowie knives into the air at the sound of this grunt-leader’s command. All of them immediately turned their attention toward Oliver. Jormungand had become filled with so much rage, blinding the creature into a dazing confusion. It continued to flail wildly, and began smashing its head into the ground and ceiling, not hitting a single grunt as it began to damage itself and cause more debris to fall. It was just you, your Pokemon, Oliver, the detective, and a sea of Ribs. The lights flickered ominously, and with a terrible war cry from the Gyarados, the grunts all charged forward in unison, seeking bloodshed.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:04 PM   #281
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,952
Quote:
TheKnightsFury - [Update Music]
The Gyarados glowed with a blood red aura, its eyes filled with rage and fury. The Rib grunts stepped backward at the sight of the monstrous sea creature. Several slowly retreated backwards, pulling out bowie knives from satchels around their waists instinctively upon seeing you draw your blade, ready to fight back.

The Gyarados flailed, waving its heavy tail through the air like a wrecking ball, colliding with a group of the Ribs with incredible strength, crushing them against the wall of the tunnel. Debris fell from the ceiling as the monster roared. Oliver leapt backwards and drew his gun, reloading it swiftly and cocking it, loading a bullet into the chamber.

“So, I guess we’re really doing this, then?” Ehrmantraut said, pulling out a short-barreled shotgun from his back. “I suppose we were never going to storm this outpost quietly, huh?” The detective waved his arm, cocking the chamber as he snapped the barrel upward.

A serious look crawled across Oliver’s face. “Roland - are you sure this is what you want to do?”

The corner of Ehrmantraut’s mouth curled upward in a slight smirk. “Oliver, there’s only one way to cure this city of its cancer. There are no good cops left in this city... they’re all dead. Do you know why?”

Oliver stared at him with a blank expression. “Because they were good cops.”

Gyarados flailed angrily, continuing its Outrage, smashing more grunts backward toward your group. Ehrmantraut immediately dashed forward and somersaulted across the ground. As he came out of his roll, he pumped the fore-end and pulled the trigger, blowing a hole through the Rib’s chest. Another immediately ran up behind him with a bowie knife, swinging it through the air toward Ehrmantraut’s neck, screaming ferociously in anger. Had it not been for Spartacus catching the blade with one of his scythes, the attack probably would have connected. The Scyther knocked the knife aside and spun around with both scythes poised to strike in a scissor-like motion, slicing the grunt across the stomach with a Dual Chop. The grunt fell over, screaming in agony as he grabbed the gaping wound, doing his best to prevent his insides from falling out.

Sword drawn, ready to join the battle, you hoisted the blade’s weight into the air and dashed forward toward the group of Ribs. Three of the remaining Ribs thrown toward you by your Gyarados surrounded you on each side as you drew your blade into the air and dropped it hard on one grunt’s shoulder blade, immediately causing him to drop his bowie knife to the ground, releasing a spray of blood onto your shirt. As you pulled your blade out of the wound, another grunt slashed her knife through the air and across your back, causing you to flinch in pain as blood immediately began to flow from the wound. You turned to face your attacker head on, swinging your blade wildly, fiery rage burning in your eyes.

More blood spilled across the ground as Oliver pulled pulled his trigger, betraying his former teammates and shooting the female grunt who had just attacked you point-blank in the temple. She collapsed, dead before she hit the ground. “I’m not going to let anyone kill my friends ever again,” he muttered. Ehrmantraut looked at him with wide eyes, as did several other grunts.

“Oliver… you fucking bastard! You motherfucking traitor! How dare you... How dare you betray the Ribs!” the Rib who headbutted you shouted. His face wrinkled in pure anger. More grunts began to run into the tunnel from the entryway into the outpost as well - more than you could count. “New plan, Ribs: Kill the traitor Oliver at all costs. I’ll personally see to it that whoever brings Piper his head gets the promotion of a lifetime.”

Dead bodies sprawled across the floor, the sea of grunts screamed, wide eyed and filled with rage, raising their bowie knives into the air at the sound of this grunt-leader’s command. All of them immediately turned their attention toward Oliver. Jormungand had become filled with so much rage, blinding the creature into a dazing confusion. It continued to flail wildly, and began smashing its head into the ground and ceiling, not hitting a single grunt as it began to damage itself and cause more debris to fall. It was just you, your Pokemon, Oliver, the detective, and a sea of Ribs. The lights flickered ominously, and with a terrible war cry from the Gyarados, the grunts all charged forward in unison, seeking bloodshed.
The skirmish soon developed into a bloodbath as both sides took to each other like rabid Houndooms. Jormungand was tossing grunts around like they were toys, Spartacus managed to save Ehrmantraut from a life threatening injury, catching the blade of a grunt before opening his stomach as if it was a bag of chips. Oliver and Ehrmantraut were all guns blazing, while Jayson found himself inflicting grievous injury with his blade. He couldn't remember a time when he had been this unchained, this was a kill or be killed situation, he told himself that he had no choice but to let his rage take control. He was struck across the back by one of the grunts, luckily his armour deflected the blow, a small laceration was better than a gaping wound. Oliver had shown his true allegiance and the grunts had quickly turned on him, they were now out for his blood, enraged by his betrayal.

Jormungand's Outrage had left him confused, he was now a burden. He had served his purpose for now, the grunts were now scattered and weakened. Jayson held up the Gyarados's Pokeball and quickly recalled him before he could hurt himself more. He then gripped his sword with both hands as the grunts began to advance on them once more. "Spartacus to my side", Jayson called to the Scyther, they would need to work together. "Cut them all down, none of them are to be left standing", Jayson was prepared to kill, nothing was going to stand in his way now.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:41 AM   #282
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- It seems the Petrov's were unfamiliar with your Dewpider, finally something you could be thankful for. As the Pignite comes barrelling towards Bell, the Dewpider lets out a spray of water that drenches the entire arena. The flames surrounding the incoming Pignite hiss as they reduce in intensity. Bell is surprised as a thin pane of energy appears in front of him, courtesy of Gloria's Inkay. Both techniques effectively neuter the Pignite's charge, by the time it slams into Bell it does nothing more than push him backwards. The Pignite snorts angrily, while it's attack was weakened it still benefited from the attack, its speed was now boosted as its body felt more limber. While you have been concentrating on Bell and the Pignite, the Servine has been stalking Gloria's Inkay and has now decided to go on the attack. Its tail glows as it summons a swirling tornado of leaves, a flick in the Inkay's direction sends the barrage towards it. The small squid screeches in pain, the leaves cut its soft skin as they whistle past, Gloria grimaces as she feels her Pokemon's pain.

Having weakened the Pignite's fire power, it was now time to start targeting it. Gloria's Inkay leads the way, the spots on the cephalopod's body light up as it sends a wave of psychic energy towards the Pignite. The Fighting type stumbles backwards as it is forced to endure the attack, which seems to be of quite a high intensity. Before the Pignite can collect itself, Bell lets out a spray of bubbles that pepper the pig's nose. Despite the relatively weak power, the super effective and irritating nature of the attack is enough to get a reaction out of the Pignite, who rubs his hands across his snout, trying to relieve himself of the soapy residue. Seeing its partner drawing all the attention, the Servine releases a burst of grass energy that spreads out through the ground. Suddenly the sand turns fertile as grass sprouts around Bell and Gloria's Inkay, is this what the Petrov's intended? Their intention soon becomes apparent however, as the Pignite sets its sights on the Inkay. It slams its fist into the ground, causing a pillar of fire to erupt beneath Inkay. The pillar quickly increases in diameter, enveloping Inkay as its power is amplified by the Servine's previous attack. As the pillar of flames subsides, Inkay comes into view, the Psychic type is already looking fairly beat up. If not for Bell's Water Sport the damage could have been much worse, something the Inkay was likely thankful for. Then you notice it, the grass the Servine had sprouted was now ignited by the Pignite's fire, creating a field of fire around Bell and Inkay. The flames were slowly singeing them, causing them damage the longer they stayed in contact with them.

"They're as strong as we expected Ami", you can sense the concern in Gloria's voice, "we need to do better, we need to fight back harder." The Petrov's had already shown off their strength, but you couldn't help but feel like they were just getting started.
Brilliant flames bathed a fearsome light onto the entire cavern as the mercenaries attempted to turn the inkay into dried calamari, practically turning their side of the battlefield into a pizza oven while they were at it. A pizza oven that cared little what the Water Sport could do, it seemed, as these residual flames appeared to do a similar amount of damage to both the inkay and Bell... Needless to say, they would be doing a tremendous job of shortening the time they had left to attempt to secure a victory here...

Gloria may have been stating the obvious, but didn't exactly help the situation at all. Ami's only option to step up her game was a one-time-use attack that was far better off being used on the pokemon they were trying not to focus on, and it was back to using piddly low-level attacks after that. It probably wasn't very wise to swap their focus this far in, unless... It wasn't particularly likely that this idea would work, but it was the absolute best thing she could come up with. "...I hear you, Gloria. Please try to cover me!"

"They've shown us their strength, so let's show them ours!" Ami declared, going through the motions as she called out to Bell. "Wrap the servine up in your mastery of silk, and try to catch up its friend in the Savage Spin-Out!" Sure, the pignite would resist the blow if it did get caught up, but every bit of damage was going to be a massive help at this point. "Oh, and follow through with another batch of frustrating Bubbles at the porker, please."

An increase to the tempo won't bother good dancers too much, and Ami was determined to prove that to this crowd once and for all.
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #283
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,369
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Balmund: [Update Music]

BAM.

The heavy metal door exploded open, a tangle of roots and branches having erupted from around its hinges, forcefully blasting the door onto the floor of the room adjacent to yours in a coil of twisted metal.

The room was almost completely dark… eerily so. J hadn’t said anything in response to your insistence of letting Carlos come along. It was hard to discern whether she was still in shock from what had just played out on the television, or if she was simply opting to put on her best poker face while keeping an eye on the Shell grunt. Carlos took the lead, stepping into the darkness of the adjacent room, wearing a nervous look on his face.

J took a step forward to follow, and then stopped. Two Shell grunts manifested out of the shadows and into the light of the room with shocked looks on their faces. One began to speak up. “Carlos, what the -” J’s Trevenant immediately extended its arms forward, blasting a mass of vines through the air and around the grunts before lifting them into the air and smacking them together, immediately knocking them out. Carlos stood still, stunned.

J finally spoke up. “We can’t waste time. Either you’re doing this with us, or we’re doing this without you,” she said to Carlos, brushing past him impatiently.

“You’re here for her, aren’t you?” Carlos asked suddenly. J stopped walking and remained silent. “Saoirse. That’s why you’re here, isn’t it?” The air became heavy. It was obvious that Carlos had struck a chord, and not a good one at that. Even so, J remained silent still. “I can take you to her. I can take you to her, if you can promise to end this,” he said. “But she’s not in this facility.”

J stood still for a moment before finally speaking up. “Then how would one get to her, exactly?”

“There’s -” Carlos began to respond before suddenly being cut off by a loudspeaker.

“Attention, all personnel: tonight’s cargo transport to Sector 13 will be departing in thirty minutes. All payloads must be ready for transport to ensure timely preparation for Project Manifest Destiny. Time is of the essence and your cooperation is appreciated.”

J adjusted her hat and then tilted her head back with an annoyed expression. “So I’m guessing that’s where you were going with this.”

Carlos looked at both of you and bit his lip. “We don’t have much time.”

“Then we need to stop pissing around and get a move on,” she said.

“Yeah, you know, I don’t think that’s going to happen,” a voice suddenly said. The light flicked on, revealing a fairly wide room, with the elevator shaft you had descended earlier on one side. Stacks of beer kegs and wooden crates lined the walls of the otherwise empty room. A man stood in the corner opposite of you. Two more large steel doors labeled ‘Loading Bay’ swung open beside him and three more Shell grunts entered. “Carlos, I always knew you were a pussy. Could never count on you to do shit. That’s why you were always relegated to clean up duty in the arena…”

Carlos didn’t respond, but the look fury on his face said all that needed to be said. The new man spoke up once more. “This whole shindig seems so half-assed, wouldn’t you say? What, did you guys think you would just walk into our facility and just put a stop to everything? The world doesn’t work that way, kiddos. Do you think this is a movie? Some kind of video game? It actually pisses me off that you could be so naive,” he said, getting angrier by the minute. J’s Trevenant launched another burst of vines from its arms toward the man, only to suddenly freeze mid-air, instantly ceasing all movement.

“Like I said: naive.”

A giant, shadowy fist suddenly appeared from behind a stack of crates, flying through the air and striking the Trevenant with great force, sending it flying sideways into a large pile of kegs, causing them to collapse and fall onto the ghost-type, some cracking open as they hit the ground, resulting in a large puddle of beer to coalesce around the motionless phantom tree Pokemon. J looked stunned. The three remaining Shells that had entered the room each produced a Pokeball of their own as the Trevenant’s attacker revealed itself from the shadows as none other than a large Dusknoir. Each grunt dropped their Pokeballs onto the ground, each one exploding open in a burst of light to reveal an Araquanid, an Electabuzz, and a Midnight Form Lycanroc.

Three Pokemon stood between you and the loading bay, and a powerful one behind you. Carlos’ eyes widened in fear, and J balled her hands into fists, clenching her jaw as the Trevenant remained laying under the pile of kegs, unmoving as the large puddle of beer underneath of it continued to slowly expand across the floor...
[Reply Music]

A situation like this was bound to happen sooner or later, and Duke was certainly rather surprised it had taken them so long to encounter anything other than token resistance. A part of him wished he could’ve continued to have been so lucky, but now, there was no other choice but to face the threats head-on, and seriously at that.

Though it’s true the opponent’s Dusknoir had landed a surprise attack, the fact that it dealt with J’s Trevenant in a single blow meant it was certainly an opponent on league equivalent of a local arena champion. In fact, he wouldn’t be surprised to learn that all of his opponents had been previous champions before, recruited into service at some point. Yet, Duke had prepared for this, and it was high time to summon a champion of his own. He had absolute faith that Chris was watching, and was counting on her to step in as soon as the Dusknoir made a move. It only seemed fair to counter an underhanded sneak attack with another one.

Knowing he could leave the largest threat to his own Seviper with scarcely any direction, he decided it would be best to focus his energy and concentration towards the opponents in front. Considering the potential match-ups, he thought it best to put the Fighting-type up against the Lycanrock, though, being aware of the werewolf’s tendency to take a hit and set up for a destructive counter, he opted instead to consider a more defensive strategy; waiting instead for his opponent to attack in order to retaliate in kind with a well placed Karate Chop.

He also made the assumption that J had still resources of her own, despite being down one monster already, and trusted they would suffice in order to deal with the remaining opponents… otherwise, they would have to improvise plenty to make up for it.

Staying calm in front of adversity, Duke took the initiative in response to the thug’s goading words. “J, I’m taking care of the Dusknoir and the Lycanrock, I leave the rest to you. Hawlucha, stand by and Hone Claws and await my command. Chris…” he grinned, “you know what to do.”
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 08-27-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:02 PM   #284
134
Believe that.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
The Ribcage Mall (Ribs): To the south-east, the once-gloroius shopping district has all but collapsed into a hoodlum's haven of cracked windows, spray paint and the very home of the rebellious Ribs. Many of the stores have been long ransacked and looted, and the very air around the location is one of unease, with each corner potentially hiding a thug ready to leap out and rob you in broad daylight. The Ribs care not for domination and running the city, but rather see it as their playground and wish to expand into other locations, at the behest of their boss. Those who wish to try the life of a street gangster would do well to check the area out as they are always welcoming to new members, though crossing them will leave you in a sticky situation. Despite the state of the place, many urban pokemon have made the mall their home, enjoying the organised medley of craziness. Reply in Cyan.


In Tate's mind, they had built rapport with the Ribs; a loosely organized street gang who had taken over an abandoned shopping mall in the hellhole that was Bedlam Ridge. Tate had done so through luck, stupidity, and perseverance, having chased a Pidove -- now named Puni -- into the rafters of the building in a childish quest for love and dominance, only to come face to face with a nightmare.

Tate didn't like to dwell at the details.

Anyway, Tate had dispatched something truly terrible from the hideout of the Ribs and therefor -- perhaps naively -- Tate believed that a certain degree of tolerance would be extended to the Johto native's presence. This is why, when Tate returned to the city, the group made a beeline for Ribs territory -- it was,
in a relative sense, familiar. Better still, it was lawless; Tate was out to break rules today.

Pena -- an anthropophobic Tyrogue with a fascination for the fine arts -- walked beside his trainer through the derelict boroughs that were Rib territory. He didn't care much to be out and about, especially in such a bad looking neighborhood, but he had a trust in his trainer that had not yet been challenged, so he stuck close and remained quiet. Tate seemed less disturbed by their surroundings, looking hither and to for something specific and up to that point undiscovered.

"You'll enjoy this," Tate promised the Fighting-type. Pena looked up with curious eyes, inclined to believe the human -- typically, Tate was right about these things. "We just need to find a nice wall..."

Like a jewel, it came into view -- tall, slate gray, solid concrete: the southeastern wall of the Ribcage Mall. Did they have the Poké Balls to deface Ribs property? Well, why not? The place was already trashed, and they were going to do real art! None of that tagging nonsense. Yeah, it should be okay... right?

Tate and Pena crossed the parking lot; before they had even reached the shadow of the building the trainer was digging through the canvas tote bag slung over one shoulder, producing cans of spray paint. Pulling the lid off of a can of turquoise paint, Tate handed it to Pena, taking a moment to adjust it in his hands.

"Like this," the would-be vandal explained, helping him to depress the nozzle. Paint rushed out of the can with a long his, staining the cinder block exterior. Pena's eyes lit up at the magical color device; as soon as he was released from his trainer's guiding grasp he set about streaking the wall. Tate laughed.

"I have other colors, too," Tate assured, beginning to work in yellow until the vague image of a Pichu came into shape. Pena's art was more abstract, but if one tilted ones head, one might almost think it looked like a Totodile...
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Incognito Isle

Active Team @ Abominable Snowdown


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:24 PM   #285
Heather
POOTIS!
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Under the Gay Cloud
Posts: 2,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Austin watched with perturbed curiosity as the opposing Pokemon started to misbehave. The Carvahna started to go completely berserk, ignoring its trainer's orders and having a single track mind on getting Marie. Wisp soon ignited the Smog he created, and with that the battle was over. He saw Marie wipe her mouth and just stare down the girls. He could tell she wasn't happy about this... This didn't feel like a true win. If this was the power of the lowest echelon of the Ribs, it was both dangerous and a liability. A paper cannon, as it lacks the structure or firepower of a glass cannon but can still break apart just as easily. These Pokemon... They didn't seem tame at all. Was this childhood naivety or just ignorance from incompetence? It was hard to discern, but this situation felt similar.

Just then, an older woman, well older compared to the girls in front of him, appeared. She seemed to be calling out for one of the grunts before him, and was disappointed when she saw the seen before her. The woman then introduced herself as Rochelle and explained that one of the grunts, Aimee, was her kid sister and that they weren't even full grunts yet. She then thanked Austin for keeping them busy, and then asked him to leave them. The woman was obviously stressed out, like there were more important things than babysitting. Wisp looked at Austin, sensing his trainer's confusion. The Litwick then jumped into his trainer's arms, and Austin gave the candle a warm smile.

"So kid, we following them?" Marie asked, not even looking back at him. Austin contemplated on his thoughts for a bit, then gave her a response.

"Yes... You're staying in your ball while we're doing it. The last thing I need is your sass," he responded to the Gengar, and then returned her to her ethereal ball before she could retort.

Looking forward, Austin followed the girls with Wisp in his arms. There was no euphoria from the battle, only the bitter taste of frenzy. Rochelle's attitude, the crazed Carvahna... Something was wrong. He also couldn't get this nagging feeling out of his head. Was it a memory trying to push itself to the forefront of his mind? Or was it a warning for the path he's now on. But, his mind was made up from the start. He's going to join the Ribs, no questions asked.
You feel a distinct sense of foreboding as you return Marie and follow after Rochelle. You're not sure what it is-an old memory trying to resurface, or perhaps a more straightforward warning?-but either way, you don't let it stop you from giving your partner Wisp a smile, which puts the Litwick at ease immediately. If it's just you feeling this odd sense, perhaps it can be put to the wayside.

You follow the pair of Aimee and Rochelle for a few more street corners before the latter finally becomes aware that you're still present. She turns around sharply and glares at you.

"Kid, when I said get lost, I meant it. Your home isn't this way and you know it. What's your deal, 'cause if you're the Shell spy we've been looking for, then I will personally tear you limb from limb right here and now." she snarls at you, the tired demeanor previously in her voice gone. You can tell she means everything she says, and has probably done it before to boot. Wanting to keep your limbs attached, you explain that you wanted to join the Ribs. Rochelle raises an eyebrow, finding this intriguing.

"Is that so, then? Considering Aimee here didn’t seem to even faze you despite having taken Shredder with her, perhaps you might be capable enough...no, in fact, I'm making this not optional, because I'm done taking chances. As you probably just heard me say, we've been dealing with a traitor. A spy. Any movement we make, the Shells are right there to greet it. They managed to get by our guard and plant a giant Ariados in the Mall, even, which has been no shortage of problems. Point is, I know one thing's for certain: they've got someone on the inside here, and I want them rooted out. They should be somewhere in this area-your job is to find them, and bring their sorry ass back to the Mall by nightfall so I can deal with them myself. If you fail, or turn out to be working for them?" Rochelle steps closer to you menacingly, while Wisp starts to point at something and make a small ruckus in your arms. "You better hide and pray I never find you." she finishes, before gritting her teeth as Wisp's fussing grows incessant. As you both look to see what Wisp has been trying to show you, you see far in the distance from where Rochelle had been standing, Aimee rounding a street corner. Rochelle's eyes widen, as she reaches back for where she had replaced Shredder's Ball, only to find it missing. "Damnit, Aimee-okay, kid, your OTHER objective is to bring Aimee back. ALIVE. Understood? Get going!" she says to you, before pointing you in the direction her sister had just fled.

Still not wanting to be dismembered, you follow Rochelle's directions, and run after Aimee with everything you can muster. She's not all that difficult to track, in truth, as her footsteps are quite loud, giving you a general sense of where she is. However, wherever she's going, she clearly knows the way there better than you do. You grow worried as the sound of footsteps stops, and is slowly replaced by the sounds of battle. You can't seem to pinpoint the exact location, however, until you notice a small alley that you must have missed before. You quickly make your way down it and come across a run-down warehouse, the door wide open. That's when you hear Aimee scream from within. Remembering that Rochelle wants her back in one piece (and still not wanting to be dismembered), you rush in, and are greeted by a ghastly sight.

Another Rib-looking man is at one end of the warehouse, a black bandana and a chain-gang shirt with ripped black denim jeans his mode of attire. He's holding onto a cell phone, and has an evil sneer on his face, and it's not hard to see why. Just in front of him stands a Palossand, which is currently in the process of consuming its next victim, Aimee desperately holding onto what solid ground remains around her. Shredder snarls at the sand castle, beaten and bruised, but clearly unable to do much, it seemed. At that moment, it lunged at the Palossand once more, and with a Bite attack, took off a few of the large seashells that decorated its body. This elicited a new reaction as it flinched, sharply crying out in pain, as the "Rib" directing it notices you.

"Ah, damnit, the little girl even thought to bring backup. Guess I'll just have to erase you too, so my little secret doesn't get out!" he says, sneering.

It's do or die time! Your opponent is Palossand-what's your first move?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Heather: With your threat remaining hung in the air, Vivian looks at you with a look of sheer shock, her eyes wide and full of an ingrained fear. Despite this, the woman soon recollects herself, shaking her head and bringing a hand to her face. With a heavy sigh, she pulls her hand down her face ... and the unimaginable happens. Her face begins to melt. The sight was a ghastly one, features dripping and oozing into one another as if they were made of little more than wax. As this happened, a reverberating laugh began to fill the room, the sound having a strange stereo quality, echoing emanating from the throat of the quickly vanishing Vivian and yet the surrounding walls simultaneously. The laugh slowly becomes more and more distorted as the grotesque image of Vivian drips sickeningly into the floorboards, oozing away into non existence. This all becomes too much for you, and you stagger backwards into whatever was covered under the white sheet - which immediately gives way. You become entangled within the white draper, desperately thrashing in order to release yourself, and you are eventually successful. As you look up, you come face to face with an ornate mirror. Wooden depictions of numerous Ghost Pokemon were etched into the surface of the frame, and the entire piece had an otherworldly, ethereal feel about it. There was one aspect of this which only heightened this supernatural aura.

You had no reflection.

Heather's eyes widened as Vivian's hand came down from her face...only for that face to begin to deform and melt, and not just the face, but all of the old lady just melted away into the floor, as if it were nothing to start with. An eerie, distorted laugh came from the vanishing mound of gooey...something, and as it disappeared, it was as if the walls themselves began to cackle in their stead. The haunting sound was like the sound of her father's voice in her flashbacks. Heather began to feel overwhelmed, and quickly looked around in a panic, trying to see what reality checks she could perform. She pinched herself, hard-and it hurt, as expected. Okay, not promising. She unconsciously stepped backwards, stumbling into some sort of swaddled object, causing the cloth to fall onto her. In a panic, she screamed and thrashed, eventually throwing off the cloth. Turning to see what it was she had bumped into, her blood ran cold.

A mirror. Etched with the likenesses of several ghost Pokemon, the glass, no, the whole construction, seemed not of this world. And perhaps that theory would have some merit after all, as Heather looked into the glass to see nothing but an empty room staring back. A clear sign that something was amiss-was she dreaming? Was the mirror cursed? Did it have something to do with being mixed in with people with whom she did not belong? Or was this in fact a portal to some other world? With Vivian no longer a seeming threat, Heather did her best to weigh what she should do. After a few minutes, it came to her-perhaps Magus could identify whatever was going on with this mirror. He was quite adept in picking out spiritual oddities, after all. She released the Misdreavus from his Ball, the Ghost quickly staring back at her.

"Have you calmed down?" the Ghost said impassively, though with a slight hint of annoyance.

"Close as we're gonna get to it till we're out of here, I think. Speaking of, this thing.." Heather gestured to the mirror behind Magus. "...is obviously kind of spooky. Can you figure out what its deal is?" she asked, the Ghost seeming a little perplexed by the lack of his Trainer's reflection.

"I can...try. Give me a minute." he responded, studying the mirror closely.
__________________
Confidence (Some Assembly Required): Because NQNH's save file is now RIP
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Things One Is Not Allowed To Do In Exalted
244) While not FORBIDDEN, my Midnight is to keep in mind that using an army of animated skeletons in order to fill the town square with a rendition of "Spooky Scary Skeletons" is going to be considered odd at best.
WF Things

Last edited by Heather; 08-28-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:06 PM   #286
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 165
Hi Bedlam Ridge! I'm picking up Deo's adventure c:

Deoxys:

You know there is safety in numbers. Even if this stranger was disoriented and previously physically injured, you invite her to come along. At your question her hand flies to her belt, a practiced action of almost any trainer. She retrieves a Pokeball and looks at it with strained focus, as if she is trying to remember why she brought the device out. Hesitantly, she pushes the white, circular button. The ball pops open, but there is not the usual flash of light and appearance of a loyal companion. It is empty, and you can only see the mechanical inner workings.

“I guess… I do have a Pokemon, but I don’t know where they are…” Samantha says slowly. The exhausted look on her face fades into a worried sadness. She clips the Pokeball back onto her belt, then pulls herself up on the wall to stand. You notice that although her clothes were no longer bloodied, there was a rip in one of her pockets that caused it to lose its purpose.

“I’ll come with you,” Samantha gives you a faint smile, her eyes still distant. “I’m hoping that the more I look around this place…the more I’ll remember.” Once you are sure she has her bearings straight, you slowly continue down the hall. Noppera slides along the ground in front of you, keeping a shadowy claw at the ready. It is incredibly dark, and you and Samantha keep a hand on the wall to steady yourself in the darkness. The grinding noise is constant. After a few moments of walking in silence, you feel a strange sensation against your hand. At first you wonder if it might be your heartbeat, pounding so fast and loudly that you can feel it in your limbs. You realize, however, that the pulsing sensation is coming from the wall itself.

“How tight is this corridor?” Samantha speaks up. You reach your other hand out and find that you can easily touch the opposite wall with the palm of your hand. With each pulse the wall pushes against each of your hands, until you are forced to bend your elbows lest you break your arms. The grinding noise surrounds you as the walls continue to close in.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:45 AM   #287
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- With both grunts now awake and the Murkrow on the offensive, you knew you had to be more aggressive. The longer this battle played out the more chance your entire mission would be blown. The Mukrow darts in for another strike, letting out a spine tingling chaw as it approaches. It swipes its wing across Buru's chest, the Smeargle groans in pain. A lash of her tail sends a shockwave of electric after the retreating Murkrow. It quickly catches it and leaves the bird convulsing in pain.

Again the Murkrow's rage and desire for payback fuel its power, a dark aura envelops it as it rushes towards the Smeargle once more. Buru sends another Shockwave towards the incoming Murkrow but it doesn't react, even as the electricity courses through its body. Buru is sent crashing into the wall, she struggles back to her feet, the Murkrow wasn't going to get the best of her. With a wave of her brush like tail, a strange energy begins to surround Buru. You feel the temperature increase, the energy solidifies on Buru's chest, what exactly was that move?

Suddenly the Scraggy stirs, its trainer's slapping has finally woken it from its slumber. "About time you lazy little shit! Now go Headbutt that Smeargle!" The Scraggy wriggles out of its trainers grasp, dropping to the ground. It hitches up its pants, holding onto them with both hands as it rushes towards Buru, head lowered. Buru takes a strong stance, as if she was willing to get hit by the attack, what was she thinking! The Scraggy charges head first into the Smeargle's chest, striking the strange solidified plate of energy that had formed over it. The Scraggy had fallen into a trap. As soon as the Scraggy comes into contact with the plate it explodes, letting out a massive blast of fire and smoke which sends it flying backwards. The smoke fills the alley, concealing the grunts and their Pokemon from view.

You now found yourself facing two opponents and Buru was looking rather worse for wear. The sound of the explosion surely wouldn't have gone unnoticed, for all you knew more grunts could be on their way. However the explosion had also provided you with some cover to escape, or perhaps the best course of action was to finish the battle?
Gary bit his lip as Buru’s Metronome resulted in something quite more explosive than he had bargained for. The noise and smoke was surely going to attract some negative attention to the immediate area, so he knew it was imperative to wrap things up as quickly as possible. While his initial plan was to send out Tyrant the Larvitar to back Buru up, this sudden plot twist called for a different tactic. In the back of his mind, Gary would have really liked to have Buru sketch that powerful Shell Trap for later use, but time was of the essence and he couldn’t afford to waste another second.

Reaching down to his belt, Gary grabbed another Pokeball and quickly hurled it to join Buru in battle. In a brief flash of light, an Espeon appeared next to Buru. While retreat was an option, Gary figured that Chad and he probably wouldn’t get far before the grunts caught up to them. This was their turf after all. For now, Gary felt the best option was to battle them out of commission and then they could worry about their escape. “Buru, hit that Murkrow with another couple of Shock Waves!” he called out, having complete faith that his Technician of a Smeargle would be able to optimize her fighting strength. “Espy, back her up with a Helping Hand! When you sense out that Scraggy, hit it with a Dazzling Gleam!”

Gary really hoped that would be enough to finish off his opponents’ Pokemon. If the battle was over at that point, his next plan would be to plot his and Chad’s escape. His idea was to have Espy blind the grunts with a Flash so they could run away. If things got especially dicey, both Espy and Buru knew Teleport, which he would employ to get both himself and Chad out of there.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #288
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
BEDLAM RIDGE
The Temporary City Zone

Marshal's Headquarters (Marshals): Situated in the relatively stable north, the headquarters of the police force is a large compound with tight security, home to the Goldenridge Marshals in their fight to restore the name of Goldenridge to bedlam. The force has recently started a campaign against the Shells and Ribs, seeking to push them out of the city once and for all, and are willing to accept mercenary support from trainers willing to help out in the fight. The reinforced location seems to be more attractive to pokemon who enjoy a sense of justice and honour. Reply in Silver.

Sacré blue. This place... it reeks of corruption!

Bedlam Ridge, the land plunged in the chaos of war, was probably the single most unstable and consequently dangerous location in Fizzytopia at present. And while he would have much preferred to start somewhere quieter to get his bearings in this new Region, his fans back home had expectations he still had to meet. And they expected great things of their hero…

Just this one job. Then I’ll do things at my own pace, at long last.

He’d told himself that he would leave everything behind, his old life as Champion of Kalos and the oppressive adoration of the masses. But in this day and age, it was impossible to take two steps without being noticed, and exceedingly easy for his admirers to keep track of his every action… Perhaps this one last act of heroism, helping the Marshalls of Bedlam Ridge restore peace to the land, would appease his fanbase for long enough to allow him to pursue his own endeavours, away from prying eyes.

All I want is to be a normal Trainer, without the eyes of an entire Region locked on me…

He finally arrived at the Headquarters’ main entrance, and stood there for a moment, taking it in. No doubt this was one of the quieter parts of Bedlam, but he knew respite would be temporary if he offered his aid to the officers of what little law was left here. Soon he would be embroiled in the issues of this land and their problems would become his own – if only for that, he would savour these last seconds of peace while he could.

Floating above his shoulder was the energetic Polaris, his first companion of this new chapter in his life; eager to prove himself worthy of Luc de Beaufort’s confidence, and craving the same fame and recognition the man was quickly growing tired of, the Tynamo was considerably more excited about the adventure ahead than his Trainer.
Equally excited, but for altogether distinct reasons, was the massive Seviper coiling itself around Luc’s leg. Vega, recently adopted, was just now getting her first taste of freedom, and oh how she longed to hunt again. Perhaps she would finally be allowed to sink her teeth into a prey worth conquering, rather than the half-dead weaklings that had been thrown her way for most of her life. She wondered how a criminal’s flesh tasted…

Et bien… Let us go.”
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #289
Raves
...try a little harder.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,528
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
All eyes are on you, 'hero.'

Marshal's Headquarters.

Maskerade
: The average trainer would see an opportunity such as this to become famous or well known, to improve their notoriety in the land, and to play the part of hero of the poor. The average trainer would enter the building, show their work and contribute to the force, and fall under two categories: justiciar of the people and saviour of some, or another notch in the slowly expanding list of homicides the force deals with. Surely under normal circumstances the average trainer would support the fight for the city under delusions of chivalry and duty, in the vain hopes that their actions are hailed across the region and fame swings their way.

You were no average trainer, however. With your position of champion rescinded, you sought refuge from fame and glory, a contrast to the Tynamo floating around you, young and full of anticipation for the future, excited to do good for the people of this suffering city. Your desires to leave your past life and experience the life of a regular trainer driving you, you figure that aiding the marshals would be the ideal swan song for the prying eyes of Kalos who adored you fanatically, while inwardly accepting the last few moments of peace you have for the time being. Taking a breath, you place your hand on the door of the headquarters, a towering fortress if ever there was one, and push forward, Vega and Polaris intrigued for their own reasons.

The door does not budge.

A label on the door reads, Pull.

You feel the weight of your error pulling you down, and a sharp hiss to emanate from Vega. No, this wasn't metaphorical, something was actively pulling you back. Almost tumbling, you stagger back as a pair of hands hauls you away from the door as a grizzled human in thick padded plating moves you out of the way, and as your attention is shifted you can see why. A sizable squadron of marshals emerges from a van with a number of sorry looking sods, each bearing some sort of insignia fashioned from a bullet, being frog-marched into the building. Vega gives a growl, not amused at the rough movement, but doesn't strike out, the Seviper recognising the figures of authority and begrudgingly holding her ground as the crooks are bundled into the building. As the last of the marshals enters, the one who had pulled you out of the way glances down at you, at least a head taller than you, a crimson streak down his face ignored, before giving a grunt.

"Shells. Been involved in some protection rrrracket, not their job to keep the citizens under 'guard' so to speak..." he grumbles, rolling his r's as he does so. "Suppose you're here to play hero or something, corrrrect? Well, here's some advice: don't. We already lost a couple of 'hot shot' kids who thought they could fight crrrime. Not rrrribs, not shells...though I'm sure that someone has something in the lost and found section inside..."

Trampling into the building, the first impression of the marshals leaves little to the imagination on their no-nonsense attitude. However, it's your choice whether you feel up to the task of something dangerous, or whether looking for somethin smaller would be more suitable.


Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: The thought of running into the Claydol definitely on your mind, you opt to heed caution and take the safer option of the left path. With agreement overall, you veer left, leaving behind the shattered Sigilyph, while wondering how such a move could be so devastating.

The path winds down the street, and ventures into an underpass, which you file into with you taking the lead, Meowth behind you, followed by Amanda and Andromeda, with the Seviper taking the back. The alleys are indeed rather narrow, being only two feet wide, forcing you to shuffle slightly and the Starmie to head through sideways, which she shows slight discomfort towards, but accepts that it is better than being detected by the Claydol. The slow progress is met with occasional booms throughout the city, and leaving little imagination to the source of the booms, nor the aftermath. Shivering at the thought, you are poked by Meowth who points out a doorway, which would keep you further hidden, and the group opts to head inside.

The ruined building's interior is marked with dust, broken down stone furnishings here and there, while the stairwells are crumbled and upper floors inaccessible. Taking a moment to shake yourselves off of the cramp threatening to slow your progress, the darkened rooms are still light enough to see each other within. It is at this point that Andromeda's gem lights up once more, giving you the news that the Claydol has appeared to wander off.

"Th-that's great..." the woman whispers, still fearful and shaken given the recent happenings, "we should be fairly close to th-the stairwell out of here..."

After the brief pause, you and the group venture further, taking care to avoid the ancient slumbering remains of the prior occupants, the human bones dusty and cracked, having lain for decades or longer. Catching sight of an opening, you carefully poke your head out and look around, finding the coast is clear. Motioning them out, Meowth and Amanda exit the building, followed by the starfish and serpent, and as you get your bearings you find the exit you seek, just down the road, around the corner and up a flight of steps to an ornate archway into a tunnel. Easy. Before you can move however, Andromeda hums, her voice displaying regret and an air of urgency.

'For the love of Arceus, it's found us...'

Your heart sinks as your attention is caught from a menacing hum from the building, and swallowing hard as Meowth begins to whimper, you find hovering just above the building you were in, which has begun to take on a faint green hue that gives you the feeling of impending doom, one hate-filled Claydol, body studded with gemstones - no, you know now these are no ordinary gems, but what appear to be Z-Crystals, each one shimmering with the same green hue inside the building as the creature is surrounded by the energy of the crystals, of which the energy seems to be building up within the building. Escape would be highly advised...


Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: The danger of discovery at hand, you opt to grab some form of disguise to blend in with the Shells, while Silas stands ready to defend you should things go south. Pinning the bullet to your breast and throwing the hat on your head, you inwardly hope that the plan works as the footsteps reach the corner and something steps round.

The something just so happens to indeed be a pair of Shells, who look at you quizzically, the awkward pause broken as you take what chance you have to give them a casual nod.

"Never seen you before," one of the spits, while the other nudges them in the side.

"They must be one of his lads. You know what sort of shit they get up to, having to ditch their pins to evade the fuzz. Look, even has the dark type they're expected to have."

"Hrmph. Whatever, just get your arse out of here back up to barracks before Chief starts asking what's keeping you." With that, the pair continue past you, clearly on patrol. Once out of sight, Silas lets down his guard, your deception successful for now. Retracing your steps, you decide to consult with whatever this chief figure is, putting Neemee to the wayside, given that the enigma, given the ghost claim, would be able to evade their sights. Heading back to the split, you head through past the cells, taking a look at each one and each occupant.

The cells by contrast seem fairly well kept, with a bed, seat and table, a small lantern - which Silas is quick to point out host a candle burning with violet fire - and some small amenities. The people within also seem relatively up to date, not in much mistreatment, and eye you with curiosity, envy and indifference. For a group potentially related to the Rockets, their prisoners seem to be kept well enough, though each one does also bear the shell insignia.

The occupied catacombs continue for some distance, with the occasional patrolling guard giving you a dock of the hat, as you seem to have fooled the crew. A staircase before you houses a thick door, and no guards are in sight. However, before you can ascend, a whisper catches your attention. Looking round, you can see one of the people in the cells beckoning you over, and the way he's looking at you gives you the impression he's aware of your ruse. It is your call whether to ignore the apparent prisoner or to continue up the stairwell into the sanctum proper.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #290
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: The thought of running into the Claydol definitely on your mind, you opt to heed caution and take the safer option of the left path. With agreement overall, you veer left, leaving behind the shattered Sigilyph, while wondering how such a move could be so devastating.

The path winds down the street, and ventures into an underpass, which you file into with you taking the lead, Meowth behind you, followed by Amanda and Andromeda, with the Seviper taking the back. The alleys are indeed rather narrow, being only two feet wide, forcing you to shuffle slightly and the Starmie to head through sideways, which she shows slight discomfort towards, but accepts that it is better than being detected by the Claydol. The slow progress is met with occasional booms throughout the city, and leaving little imagination to the source of the booms, nor the aftermath. Shivering at the thought, you are poked by Meowth who points out a doorway, which would keep you further hidden, and the group opts to head inside.

The ruined building's interior is marked with dust, broken down stone furnishings here and there, while the stairwells are crumbled and upper floors inaccessible. Taking a moment to shake yourselves off of the cramp threatening to slow your progress, the darkened rooms are still light enough to see each other within. It is at this point that Andromeda's gem lights up once more, giving you the news that the Claydol has appeared to wander off.

"Th-that's great..." the woman whispers, still fearful and shaken given the recent happenings, "we should be fairly close to th-the stairwell out of here..."

After the brief pause, you and the group venture further, taking care to avoid the ancient slumbering remains of the prior occupants, the human bones dusty and cracked, having lain for decades or longer. Catching sight of an opening, you carefully poke your head out and look around, finding the coast is clear. Motioning them out, Meowth and Amanda exit the building, followed by the starfish and serpent, and as you get your bearings you find the exit you seek, just down the road, around the corner and up a flight of steps to an ornate archway into a tunnel. Easy. Before you can move however, Andromeda hums, her voice displaying regret and an air of urgency.

'For the love of Arceus, it's found us...'

Your heart sinks as your attention is caught from a menacing hum from the building, and swallowing hard as Meowth begins to whimper, you find hovering just above the building you were in, which has begun to take on a faint green hue that gives you the feeling of impending doom, one hate-filled Claydol, body studded with gemstones - no, you know now these are no ordinary gems, but what appear to be Z-Crystals, each one shimmering with the same green hue inside the building as the creature is surrounded by the energy of the crystals, of which the energy seems to be building up within the building. Escape would be highly advised...
The path they chose was indeed a narrow one- as they made their way through, Keith had to kind of shuffle on an angle, while Andromeda had to outright turn sideways. The Starmie wasn't especially comfortable with this, but then, she figured, she'd be even less comfortable with getting discovered by that Claydol. With that sort of perspective, she suddenly didn't mind going sideways anymore.

Occasionally a loud boom echoed throughout the city. Each boom sent a shiver down Keith's spine, as he had a pretty damn good idea as to the source of said boom. All he could do was wonder, what the hell kind of Ice move could have such a devastating effect? Whatever hit Sigilyph was no mere Ice Beam, everyone was in agreement on that point. A thought occurred to Keith as he started thinking about the circumstances- an absurdly overpowered attack from a gemstone-encrusted Claydol? When thinking about powerful attacks and gemstones simultaneously, one's natural instinct would be to consider Z-Moves. It seemed absurd to Keith, but then, he'd seen enough to know that sometimes, truth is stranger than fiction. A Z-Crystal-studded Claydol that was its own Z-Ring? It sure sounded absurd... but then, that devastating Ice move... that could've been the Ice-type Z-Move, couldn't it? That would explain the overwhelming power...

Meowth interrupted Keith's train of thought by poking him. "In here," he whispered, gesturing to a doorway. Keith nodded, and with that, the group headed inside. The interior of the house was just as decrepit and run-down as the rest of the city in which it resided. The stairs were crumbled and destroyed with age, meaning only the ground floor was accessible to them. But this wasn't a problem- all they really needed was some room to stretch, so as to not cramp up and thus slow down their progress unnecessarily. Plus, in here, they were very likely well-hidden from Claydol, which was, as far as Keith was concerned, a very welcome notion.

As if in response to this occurring to Keith, he heard Andromeda's voice in his head. Claydol has wandered away, she reported to the room.

"Phew," Keith sighed in relief. He nodded at Amanda's words, smiling hopefully. "That's good- let's get the hell outta here, then," he stated.

And so that's what they did. Once they were ready to move, they exited the house, taking care to avoid the various human remains, and they headed down the path once more. And at last, an opening showed itself. Keith grinned- just around the corner, there was a flight of stairs leading to the entrance of a tunnel. This was surely the way out! This-

Keith.

Keith's grin started to fade. Andromeda's voice in his head, with such urgency in its telepathic tone, could hardly bode well. "...I'm almost afraid to ask," he whispered.

For the love of Arceus, it's found us...

Slowly, as though hoping that it might have vanished somehow by the time he turned to face it, Keith turned around. But no such luck- hovering above the building they had just vacated was the Claydol. And as Keith looked upon the gemstones that adorned its body, he knew his theory was correct- those were unmistakably Z-Crystals.

"...Oh, crap," Meowth whimpered. The building Claydol was hovering above was now stockpiling immense amounts of green energy, very likely in preparation for another Z-Move. Marvolo glared warily at the Claydol- much as he'd love to prove himself against such a formidable foe, he did have a family to think about, a family who surely wouldn't appreciate his untimely demise.

"...Yeah, let's get the hell outta here," Keith whispered. "Andromeda, divert its attention with Spotlight. Anywhere will do, as long as it's not on us or in our way. Then pick up Amanda with Psychic, and let's haul ass. Marv, if it turns its attention back on us, use Haze to cover our escape." The Seviper and Starmie both nodded their understanding of these orders, and proceeded to carry them out. Ideally before the Claydol's Z-Move. Marvolo, however, had another plan in mind, just in case their escape efforts came to naught- if it came down to a battle, and only if it came down to a battle, he would let that Claydol taste his Shadow Storm attack.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #291
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,781
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Meetan-

The boy you just watched get kicked into oblivion slowly starts to get up, his body visibly shaking. It seems this wasn't the first time the poor kid had suffered through this abuse, but it certainly wont be the last if you don't intervene in anyway. While medical help was a bit out of the question, you still offered water and tissues to show some type of support. He looks with you with wide, scared eyes, unsure on how to go forward or how to react to you. Kindness was obviously a foreign concept to this kid, so your words had a visible affect on him. Collecting himself, he starts to speak.

"T-Thank you miss. I'm tired of my brother beating me... I just want the days where he protected me to come back. When did I... When did I go from a prize to a tool?" David murmured as he looks towards the waterfront, taking a tissue from your package and coughing some blood up into it. Despite your orders, the other kids soon make their way towards you.

"Hey." Terry extends his hand to the boy while firmly grasping Muddy in the other. David acts tense for a moment, before taking it and shaking it uneasily.

"Why?" The bigger kid almost choked out, confused on the other children's actions.

"I'm still not happy you stole muddy. But, if you were tormenting us because of this... Then come with us." Terry replies, a solemn smile on the young boy's face.

"We'll take care of you from your mean brother!" Junie exclaims happily, and the other kids agree. David then turns towards you.

"If you're still willing to help me catch a Pokemon... There is a spot I'd like to try," he says, looking a bit nervous.

What do you do?


134-

You and Pina start to create your masterpiece on the walls of the building, looking to make something more refined than the graffiti the Ribs usually made. It wasn't that it was necessarily bad, it just didn't hold the essence that real art had. The finesse, the execution. It was mere child's play to an artist's more refined brush. The two of you working in tandem,mixing yellow and turquoise together until a scene of a Pichu and a Totodile appeared on the wall. Perhaps they were playing together, a common scene at the Daycare off of Goldenrod. Or they could be battling, two new trainers finally having their first taste of what it means to be Pokemon trainers. The aerosol cans were your medium, and the cinder blocks your canvas. With this, your mind could go free. It could indulge in it's own whimsy and majesty. It could do the wondrous word that came in many forms. Many shapes, colors, and mediums. Many different ideas that changed how the people of the world interacted with each other. It could ART.

You hear something in the distance, and turn around to see a Smeargle staring at the two of you. It slowly walked up, inspected your work, and gave out a smile. The beagle-like Pokemon then started to work with the two of you, painting a Bulbasaur in a pointillist style. It continued to dab its tail on the cinder block, seeming determined to create a masterpiece. Yet, all you saw was a green blob. The only reason it was able to discerned as a Bulbasaur was the vague shape of the bulb. The Smeargle looks at its work, and sits down disappointed. Was this a Smeargle in-adept at art? No no no this can't be right. It's a Smeargle. Yet the evidence was right in front of you.

What do you do?


Mane-

Previous update here
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows


Last edited by Lil'twick; 09-09-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:26 PM   #292
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Meetan-

The boy you just watched get kicked into oblivion slowly starts to get up, his body visibly shaking. It seems this wasn't the first time the poor kid had suffered through this abuse, but it certainly wont be the last if you don't intervene in anyway. While medical help was a bit out of the question, you still offered water and tissues to show some type of support. He looks with you with wide, scared eyes, unsure on how to go forward or how to react to you. Kindness was obviously a foreign concept to this kid, so your words had a visible affect on him. Collecting himself, he starts to speak.

"T-Thank you miss. I'm tired of my brother beating me... I just want the days where he protected me to come back. When did I... When did I go from a prize to a tool?" David murmured as he looks towards the waterfront, taking a tissue from your package and coughing some blood up into it. Despite your orders, the other kids soon make their way towards you.

"Hey." Terry extends his hand to the boy while firmly grasping Muddy in the other. David acts tense for a moment, before taking it and shaking it uneasily.

"Why?" The bigger kid almost choked out, confused on the other children's actions.

"I'm still not happy you stole muddy. But, if you were tormenting us because of this... Then come with us." Terry replies, a solemn smile on the young boy's face.

"We'll take care of you from your mean brother!" Junie exclaims happily, and the other kids agree. David then turns towards you.

"If you're still willing to help me catch a Pokemon... There is a spot I'd like to try," he says, looking a bit nervous.

What do you do?
Alice's expression was sympathetic, although she couldn't offer more than that. Chances were, the older boy's aggression was born of insecurity and resentment, along with how dire their living circumstances were. He likely thought he was the reason his father left and was taking it out on the other. None of the potential trauma justified this shit, though, and Alice would still punish him if he dared come back. The absence of a parent was clearly the absence of discipline, and Alice's temper had been ignited enough that she was willing to deal it out. Speaking of, the kids ignored her and came back, but she couldn't feel peeved about it with such a display of acceptance and forgiveness as that. It warmed her heart despite everything else. They were proof that even with the kind of things they had all experienced, they could grow to be good-- that not everything would be twisted by rage and despair.

"Yeah, I totally will. Where did you have in mind?" She asked with a cheerier expression. One thing did bother her, though. If these children were all taking David in, did that mean they all lacked families and proper homes? Bedlam Ridge really was a sad state of affairs. They had to keep in mind the roughness of the area, too, especially if the older boy might steal whatever David caught. Gunshots were background noise to the residents here, blood a regular decoration to the ground and structures. Alice needed to have faith in her own resolution and Pokemon's strength, though, or she'd flee and never return. These kids need to see what goodness and perseverance could do.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:15 PM   #293
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,952
Medmana- With the Unovan duo showcasing their patented double battle combination, you already found yourself up against a wall. While Bell was holding up fine, Gloria's Inkay had already taken some nasty blows. If you were going to have any chance of winning, you were going to have to blow your ace in the hole. You reach out to Gloria for assistance, hoping that with her aid you could take down the Servine, leaving the Pignite behind that would be a bit easier to handle.

You push both of your hands out, the Z-Ring on your wrist comes into view as you do so. The crowd marvels as they see the sparkling Buginium Z Crystal begin to light up. Raise your hands up above your head, your hands dipping down make it look like you have a pair of antenna. As Bell begins to glow with power you suddenly drop both hands before quickly sweeping your right hand up into the air, triggering the Savage Spin Out Z Move with a rough execution of the accompanying dance. The glowing Bell suddenly lets out a thick stream of silk, which surges straight towards the Servine. The Grass type is quickly encased in a silken cocoon, which Bell quickly whips around, sending it spinning sideways. It knocks the Pignite off his feet before Bell sends the cocoon towards the ceiling. Springing off his three legs with surprising speed and power, Bell zooms through the air towards the cocoon which is currently spinning over the middle of the arena. The crowd watched on silently, still not sure how to react. Suddenly Bell slices through the cocoon, quickly landing as an explosion of silk trails behind him. The Servine cries out in pain, the devastating power of the Z-Move a foreign concept to it. It crashes into the sand as the crowd roars, they are clearly impressed by the display. However, the Servine soon rises back to its feet, clearly beaten but still willing to push on. You catch sight of Madame Marsh, she looks furious, the Z Move was something she hadn’t expected.

“Don’t let the Servine come back to its senses Inkay”, cries Gloria,”Peck it then give it a taste of your Superpower!" The Inkay zooms in towards the battered Grass type, jabbing at it with its tiny beak to deal a nice super effective blow. The Petrov's look to each other, Valeriya actually seems a little concerned, perhaps they hadn't witnessed Z Move's before? A nod from Nikolai is all she needs to reassure her though, it seems they weren't about to roll over and hand you victory after one powerful blow.

"Pignite, Will-O-Wisp the Inkay then hit it with another Fire Pledge", Nikolai sends his Pignite after Gloria's Inkay."Servine target the Inkay as well, Leaf Tornado before finishing it off with an Iron Tail!" It seems that the Petrov's were also trying to change this battle into a 2 v 1 but just who would be successful?

Nikolai's Pignite generates a circle of eerie blue flames around itself, a thrust of its arms breaks the flames, sending a bunch of Will-O-Wisps towards Inkay. The cephalopod is overwhelmed by the flames which sear its soft flesh, adding to the damage it is already taking from the burning grass. To make matters worse it would neuter the Inkay's attack stat, making it hard for it to have an impact. Servine quickly takes aim and with a whip of its tail sends another swirling tornado of leaves towards Inkay. The tornado picks up sand which gets in Inkay's eyes, lowering its accuracy while also dealing a nasty blow. Inkay was beginning to look beaten, it was impossible to tell exactly how much more it could take.

Bell looks on as his two opponents continue to target his allie, there wasn't much he could do, other than attempt to draw attention to himself. He lets out another stream of Bubbles that burst across the Pignite's back, causing him to grunt in pain. Inkay fills itself with fighting energy and rushes the Servine again, attempting to put its super powers to good use. However the Servine simply slinks out of the way and Inkay crashes into the ground, it seems the recent accuracy reduction has had an impact at the worst possible time! The Pignite takes aim, slamming a fist into the ground he causes another eruption of fire that sends Inkay tumbling back through the air. When it finally manages to right itself, it only levitates a few centimeters off the ground, barely hanging onto consciousness.

"You're on your own now Ami, you can finish off the Pignite. We will take the Servine down with us." Gloria then severs her mental connection with you. The Servine comes rushing at Inkay, its tail glowing with a metallic casing. As the grass type comes in for the strike, Gloria issues a final order to Inkay. "Destiny Bond"

Inkay doesn't shy away, instead it lets out a pale aura that wraps around the Servine, moments before it strikes. The Servine's tail comes swinging around to strike Inkay's face, sending it flying back into the wall of the arena. It smashes into the wall before collapsing to the ground, unconscious. Gloria trembles before collapsing to the ground, she certainly felt a lot for her Pokemon. However the Servine collapses at the same time, the Inkay's final move tying their fates together. Valeriya looks furious, she wraps herself around Nikolai and begins to whisper in his ear.

"You have done better against us than we expected, perhaps we underestimated you a little", Nikolai still sounds confident, despite his partner's Pokemon being knocked out."No more of that though, Pignite,
Tackle it then use Thunder Punch!"

The battle had changed from a double battle to a single battle, but your opponent was now angered and intent on victory, would you be able to come out on top?


Sandaa- Deciding not to use the smoke veil to escape, you instead decide to use the distraction to level the playing field. Selecting another Pokeball from your belt, you toss it forward to reveal Espy the Espeon who looks around concerned. What exactly had you brought him into? Your orders soon reassure him and as the smoke begins to fade, Buru locks onto his target and begins to crackle with electricity once more. Espy cheers him on, empowering him and increasing the power of the Smeargle's attack. Another wave of his brush like tail sends a final wave of electricity slamming into the Murkrow and causing it to plummet from the air. Espy gives a little cheer as the Murkrow crashes into the ground, it seems all Buru needed to bring the badie down was a little friendly support!

The first grunt recalls his Murkrow, swearing to himself while the second grunt issues orders to his Scraggy."Scraggy get back in there and give that Espeon a Feint Attack!" The Scraggy hitches up his pants and rushes in again, this time darting from side to side as he begins to pick up speed. It jumps at Espy from the side, striking with a dark blow that leaves the Psychic type reeling. Tail raised, Espy doesn't take long to retaliate. A burst of dazzling fairy energy erupts from the gem on his head, slamming into the Scraggy and sending him flying backwards. It doesn't rise back up, it seems with the prolonged Nightmare and the two powerful hits it had taken, the Scraggy was already down for the count!

Buru gained 4 levels!
Espy gained 2 levels!


As the grunt recalls his Scraggy, the two of them make their way towards you, hands dropping to the guns at their hips. It seems they had hoped to defeat you just with their Pokemon, but now they had to resort to a more direct option. Espy quickly realizes their intent and lets out a blinding flash, causing the grunts to cry out in pain. They stumble around, temporarily blinded as they fumble for their weapons.

Chad comes out from his hiding place, quickly pulling you away as Buru and Espy rush after you. The four of you rush haphazardly through the streets, doubling back around towards the arcade."Hopefully they think we went back the other way, that way we should have a clear run to the arcade", explains Chad. You turn down a street and at the end of it you see a building enveloped by flashing lights, the arcade. You make your way down the street, taking your time to make sure you weren't seen. You come to a stop out the front of the arcade, strangely there were no guards."This place is strange, I don't know why they would bring them here. We should probably get inside before anyone finds us, I dare say we just put ourselves on notice. How should we go about looking for them?"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:25 AM   #294
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- With the Unovan duo showcasing their patented double battle combination, you already found yourself up against a wall. While Bell was holding up fine, Gloria's Inkay had already taken some nasty blows. If you were going to have any chance of winning, you were going to have to blow your ace in the hole. You reach out to Gloria for assistance, hoping that with her aid you could take down the Servine, leaving the Pignite behind that would be a bit easier to handle.

You push both of your hands out, the Z-Ring on your wrist comes into view as you do so. The crowd marvels as they see the sparkling Buginium Z Crystal begin to light up. Raise your hands up above your head, your hands dipping down make it look like you have a pair of antenna. As Bell begins to glow with power you suddenly drop both hands before quickly sweeping your right hand up into the air, triggering the Savage Spin Out Z Move with a rough execution of the accompanying dance. The glowing Bell suddenly lets out a thick stream of silk, which surges straight towards the Servine. The Grass type is quickly encased in a silken cocoon, which Bell quickly whips around, sending it spinning sideways. It knocks the Pignite off his feet before Bell sends the cocoon towards the ceiling. Springing off his three legs with surprising speed and power, Bell zooms through the air towards the cocoon which is currently spinning over the middle of the arena. The crowd watched on silently, still not sure how to react. Suddenly Bell slices through the cocoon, quickly landing as an explosion of silk trails behind him. The Servine cries out in pain, the devastating power of the Z-Move a foreign concept to it. It crashes into the sand as the crowd roars, they are clearly impressed by the display. However, the Servine soon rises back to its feet, clearly beaten but still willing to push on. You catch sight of Madame Marsh, she looks furious, the Z Move was something she hadn’t expected.

“Don’t let the Servine come back to its senses Inkay”, cries Gloria,”Peck it then give it a taste of your Superpower!" The Inkay zooms in towards the battered Grass type, jabbing at it with its tiny beak to deal a nice super effective blow. The Petrov's look to each other, Valeriya actually seems a little concerned, perhaps they hadn't witnessed Z Move's before? A nod from Nikolai is all she needs to reassure her though, it seems they weren't about to roll over and hand you victory after one powerful blow.

"Pignite, Will-O-Wisp the Inkay then hit it with another Fire Pledge", Nikolai sends his Pignite after Gloria's Inkay."Servine target the Inkay as well, Leaf Tornado before finishing it off with an Iron Tail!" It seems that the Petrov's were also trying to change this battle into a 2 v 1 but just who would be successful?

Nikolai's Pignite generates a circle of eerie blue flames around itself, a thrust of its arms breaks the flames, sending a bunch of Will-O-Wisps towards Inkay. The cephalopod is overwhelmed by the flames which sear its soft flesh, adding to the damage it is already taking from the burning grass. To make matters worse it would neuter the Inkay's attack stat, making it hard for it to have an impact. Servine quickly takes aim and with a whip of its tail sends another swirling tornado of leaves towards Inkay. The tornado picks up sand which gets in Inkay's eyes, lowering its accuracy while also dealing a nasty blow. Inkay was beginning to look beaten, it was impossible to tell exactly how much more it could take.

Bell looks on as his two opponents continue to target his allie, there wasn't much he could do, other than attempt to draw attention to himself. He lets out another stream of Bubbles that burst across the Pignite's back, causing him to grunt in pain. Inkay fills itself with fighting energy and rushes the Servine again, attempting to put its super powers to good use. However the Servine simply slinks out of the way and Inkay crashes into the ground, it seems the recent accuracy reduction has had an impact at the worst possible time! The Pignite takes aim, slamming a fist into the ground he causes another eruption of fire that sends Inkay tumbling back through the air. When it finally manages to right itself, it only levitates a few centimeters off the ground, barely hanging onto consciousness.

"You're on your own now Ami, you can finish off the Pignite. We will take the Servine down with us." Gloria then severs her mental connection with you. The Servine comes rushing at Inkay, its tail glowing with a metallic casing. As the grass type comes in for the strike, Gloria issues a final order to Inkay. "Destiny Bond"

Inkay doesn't shy away, instead it lets out a pale aura that wraps around the Servine, moments before it strikes. The Servine's tail comes swinging around to strike Inkay's face, sending it flying back into the wall of the arena. It smashes into the wall before collapsing to the ground, unconscious. Gloria trembles before collapsing to the ground, she certainly felt a lot for her Pokemon. However the Servine collapses at the same time, the Inkay's final move tying their fates together. Valeriya looks furious, she wraps herself around Nikolai and begins to whisper in his ear.

"You have done better against us than we expected, perhaps we underestimated you a little", Nikolai still sounds confident, despite his partner's Pokemon being knocked out."No more of that though, Pignite,
Tackle it then use Thunder Punch!"

The battle had changed from a double battle to a single battle, but your opponent was now angered and intent on victory, would you be able to come out on top?

Even at its currently measly level, there was no denying the amount of raw power that had spewed forth from from the gem on Ami's wrist, into her dewpider, then around the servine. It was hard to tell whether setting the field ablaze or using an enemy to gouge long chasms into it was more impressive, of course, but it was still an awesome thing to see happen!

Even more awesome was the drastically different face Ami could see on the other side of the final silky snake explosion- the face of somebody watching both her ill-gained cash fry away and her arena get absolutely trashed! She gave the angry woman a cheerful smile out of smite and returned her attention to the fight- she couldn't afford to antagonize Madame Marsh too much while she was metallically bound, after all.

The rest of the round was a veritable roller coaster ride, however. Immediately after the buggy abuse Bell had doled out, the enemies still focused on giving the inkay a bad time. Ami couldn't help but wince as the squid endured even more waves of fire despite knowing that they weren't as effective as they could've been, and watching it belly flop onto the ground hardly helped the mood, even if it did come with a hearty thump.

Despite all the bad luck, or perhaps because of it, Gloria and her pokemon had used one last trick, tearing down what remained of the servine's vitality as it slammed its metallic tail down onto the squid and severing the telepathic channel between the two girls. From here on out, her partner would likely be completely silent.

"Well, that's been quite the mess, huh?" the last lady standing called. "Well, I guess this has just become a more standard match for this place!" Her opponent took the time to commend her (and Gloria, presumably), then issued his commands with every bit of confidence that he had before the battle started.

Well, he did just order a friggin' Electric attack against a Water Type!

Ami quickly thought through her options and quickly came to the conclusion that she really didn't have any. The thing resisted all but one of Bell's damaging attacks, and with the fire still licking hungrily at his feat, it was all too clear that she didn't have the time to waste by using those. At the same time, however, she couldn't afford to let that strike land on him either. Seeing little other chance to get out of this scrape, she decided the best course of action would be to use the pignite's already present momentum and redirect the thing a bit.

"Bell, use String Shot to divert its charge away from you and pepper 'em with Bubblebeam attacks before they can get back on track!" Hopefully they'd be enough not just to drastically slow him down, but take him out for the count as well.

These were particularly sever attacks against it, after all, and it had taken two of them beforehand.Surely it couldn't be that much of a stretch to hope?
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"

Last edited by Median Dia; 09-09-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:12 PM   #295
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Marshal's Headquarters.

Maskerade
: The average trainer would see an opportunity such as this to become famous or well known, to improve their notoriety in the land, and to play the part of hero of the poor. The average trainer would enter the building, show their work and contribute to the force, and fall under two categories: justiciar of the people and saviour of some, or another notch in the slowly expanding list of homicides the force deals with. Surely under normal circumstances the average trainer would support the fight for the city under delusions of chivalry and duty, in the vain hopes that their actions are hailed across the region and fame swings their way.

You were no average trainer, however. With your position of champion rescinded, you sought refuge from fame and glory, a contrast to the Tynamo floating around you, young and full of anticipation for the future, excited to do good for the people of this suffering city. Your desires to leave your past life and experience the life of a regular trainer driving you, you figure that aiding the marshals would be the ideal swan song for the prying eyes of Kalos who adored you fanatically, while inwardly accepting the last few moments of peace you have for the time being. Taking a breath, you place your hand on the door of the headquarters, a towering fortress if ever there was one, and push forward, Vega and Polaris intrigued for their own reasons.

The door does not budge.

A label on the door reads, Pull.

You feel the weight of your error pulling you down, and a sharp hiss to emanate from Vega. No, this wasn't metaphorical, something was actively pulling you back. Almost tumbling, you stagger back as a pair of hands hauls you away from the door as a grizzled human in thick padded plating moves you out of the way, and as your attention is shifted you can see why. A sizable squadron of marshals emerges from a van with a number of sorry looking sods, each bearing some sort of insignia fashioned from a bullet, being frog-marched into the building. Vega gives a growl, not amused at the rough movement, but doesn't strike out, the Seviper recognising the figures of authority and begrudgingly holding her ground as the crooks are bundled into the building. As the last of the marshals enters, the one who had pulled you out of the way glances down at you, at least a head taller than you, a crimson streak down his face ignored, before giving a grunt.

"Shells. Been involved in some protection rrrracket, not their job to keep the citizens under 'guard' so to speak..." he grumbles, rolling his r's as he does so. "Suppose you're here to play hero or something, corrrrect? Well, here's some advice: don't. We already lost a couple of 'hot shot' kids who thought they could fight crrrime. Not rrrribs, not shells...though I'm sure that someone has something in the lost and found section inside..."

Trampling into the building, the first impression of the marshals leaves little to the imagination on their no-nonsense attitude. However, it's your choice whether you feel up to the task of something dangerous, or whether looking for somethin smaller would be more suitable.
Luc had entertained the thought, however briefly, that the conflict between Bedlam's factions could be more of a Cold War affair than actual confrontation, but upon seeing the Marshalls in action, that wishful thought dissipated faster than a Torkoal's cloud of smoke.

Brutish, but to-the-point. C'est pas mal, although I would prefer a more... tactful approach.

The youngest of House Beaufort knew his sensibility wasn't to everyone's liking, his delicate mannerisms often being the target of whispered jokes among his few detractors. But he was more than a Trainer, and more than a former Champion - he was an entertainer, L'Artiste, taking after his late father - legendary illusionist Jean-Pičrre de Beaufort. The way he dressed, the masks he wore, and above all the gentlemanly persona, all had been adopted as his trademarks with the express purpose of entertaining others. Even his battles used to be bright displays of colour and light, each move and dodge pulled off with flair and grace to keep crowds on the edge of their seats. And even now that he'd left his long-time Pokémon companions behind to pursue a fresh start, he refused to abandon these traits that defined him - even if the rough, unforgiving Bedlam Ridge was the worst possible place to be a graceful gentleman.

Vega twisted and contorted around him, the oversized Seviper growing restless in the face of so many potential prey. But despite her cruel nature, the black viper seemed to retain at least a faint notion of loyalty, knowing she was not allowed to assault humans without permission from Luc. Besides, she knew that in this lawless land, it would only be a matter of time until that permission came.
Polaris, meanwhile, didn't take kindly to the Marshall's display of disrespect towards the former Champion of Kalos, and hovered back, forth and around in circles angrily like a satellite about to veer off-orbit. It took a incredible amount of restraint not to zap the man, but he knew Luc'd be upset if he did. As much as he admired his Trainer, Polaris felt he was too much of a gentleman sometimes...

"That would be wrong, I'm afraid," replied Luc, also rolling his r's due to his Kalosian accent; he could only hope the Marshall would pass it off as such, rather than mockery of his own speech pattern. "I have no interest in heroics, but I do aim to be useful - more so than your usual rookies."

He'd figured the Marshalls would dismiss him for another starry-eyed idealist off to get himself killed in a war that wasn't his own. And as such, he would have to prove them wrong - that although the people back at Kalos did expect him to be a hero, they already regarded him as such, and any good deed would be seen in that light, while Luc himself was only interested in doing what he felt was the right thing.

Which does not mean I will settle for retrieving kittens from trees. I am aware of my capabilities - I can stand on equal footing with these Marshalls, bien sure.

It had been a while since someone had sold him short. So long, in fact, that it almost felt like a first time, as much as he'd expected this treatment in the foreign land; it was enough to rile the gentleman up, and lead him to follow after the group of peacekeepers - he wanted to make a difference in the region if only to prove that he could, fans and their expectations be damned.
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #296
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- Deciding not to use the smoke veil to escape, you instead decide to use the distraction to level the playing field. Selecting another Pokeball from your belt, you toss it forward to reveal Espy the Espeon who looks around concerned. What exactly had you brought him into? Your orders soon reassure him and as the smoke begins to fade, Buru locks onto his target and begins to crackle with electricity once more. Espy cheers him on, empowering him and increasing the power of the Smeargle's attack. Another wave of his brush like tail sends a final wave of electricity slamming into the Murkrow and causing it to plummet from the air. Espy gives a little cheer as the Murkrow crashes into the ground, it seems all Buru needed to bring the badie down was a little friendly support!

The first grunt recalls his Murkrow, swearing to himself while the second grunt issues orders to his Scraggy."Scraggy get back in there and give that Espeon a Feint Attack!" The Scraggy hitches up his pants and rushes in again, this time darting from side to side as he begins to pick up speed. It jumps at Espy from the side, striking with a dark blow that leaves the Psychic type reeling. Tail raised, Espy doesn't take long to retaliate. A burst of dazzling fairy energy erupts from the gem on his head, slamming into the Scraggy and sending him flying backwards. It doesn't rise back up, it seems with the prolonged Nightmare and the two powerful hits it had taken, the Scraggy was already down for the count!

Buru gained 4 levels!
Espy gained 2 levels!


As the grunt recalls his Scraggy, the two of them make their way towards you, hands dropping to the guns at their hips. It seems they had hoped to defeat you just with their Pokemon, but now they had to resort to a more direct option. Espy quickly realizes their intent and lets out a blinding flash, causing the grunts to cry out in pain. They stumble around, temporarily blinded as they fumble for their weapons.

Chad comes out from his hiding place, quickly pulling you away as Buru and Espy rush after you. The four of you rush haphazardly through the streets, doubling back around towards the arcade."Hopefully they think we went back the other way, that way we should have a clear run to the arcade", explains Chad. You turn down a street and at the end of it you see a building enveloped by flashing lights, the arcade. You make your way down the street, taking your time to make sure you weren't seen. You come to a stop out the front of the arcade, strangely there were no guards."This place is strange, I don't know why they would bring them here. We should probably get inside before anyone finds us, I dare say we just put ourselves on notice. How should we go about looking for them?"
Gary couldn’t help but grin as he watched the enemy Murkrow and Scraggy fall in battle. Buru and Espy didn’t have much battle experience under their belts, but they handled this one admirably and wound up victorious. “Great work guys!” he called out to the Smeargle and Espeon, but his excitement had to be cut short and placed on hold for now. The enemy Pokemon may be unconscious, but their trainers weren’t, so it was high time to get out of there.

As the gem on Espy’s forehead shined brightly, a blinding Flash emitted from it and temporarily incapacitated the grunts. “We should probably get out of here while we still can…” he said to Chad as the four of them hurried out back down the street. They backtracked around a few blocks before finally getting around the area and arrived at the arcade. It was hard to miss with all of the flashing lights adorning its entrance. For some odd reason, Gary couldn’t detect any grunts guarding the entrance of the arcade.

Prodded by Chad’s suggestion, Gary agreed that it would probably be best to head inside before any unwelcome company finds them standing there. The only question now remained was how they were going to find the hostages inside. Gary looked down at his two Pokemon. Buru was pretty tired, but Espy was still relatively fresh and ready to go. “Why don’t you take a quick rest, Buru,” Gary said, returning the Smeargle to her ball. “You did great out there. Espy, stick with us for now because I have a feeling your psychic abilities will be coming in handy. Let’s wander around in here and if you sense any enemies ahead or the hostages, give us a heads up before we walk into any traps!” Espy smiled and nodded, swishing his forked tail.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:42 PM   #297
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,952
Medmana- With Gloria going down but taking Valeriya and her Servine down with her, you now found yourself going toe to toe with Nikolai and his Pignite. He didn't intend to give you any chance of victory, quickly spurring on the Fire type. The Pignite thundered across the sand, preparing to tackle Bell into submission. Sped up by its earlier speed boost, the Pignite quickly gains momentum, closing in on Bell. The Dewpider lets out a quick shot of silk, sticking it to the Pignite's stomach before pulling it to the side, attempting to throw the Pignite off course. The Pignite is heavy and with all the momentum of its side Bell finds himself struggling to move it. Before long the Dewpider finds himself crushed beneath the same weight he struggled to move, the Pignite slams into him with full force, leaving the bug struggling beneath him.

Bell began to pepper the Pignite with a beam of bubbles, much more powerful than those she had been using earlier. The Pignite definitely feels the increase in power as it grunts in pain, the Dewpider's ability increasing the power of the attack was only making matters worse for it. Enraged by the pain Bell was causing it, the Pignite's fist began to crackle with electricity. Before he could react, Bell is struck with a thunderous punch, he shakes and screeches in pain as he takes the super effective damage. Bell slumps into the sand, the Pignite stands up, convinced it is victorious. It thrusts its arms into the air, playing to the crowd who begin to cheer. Madame Marsh smiles maliciously as the Pignite turns its back to you and begins walking back towards its trainer.

You stare at Bell, the Dewpider had gone down, although you were certain that he had more fight in him than that. Suddenly the Dewpider's legs begin to twitch and he slowly rises back up, had he been feigning defeat the entire time? The crowd is stunned, they fall silent. Nikolai notices Bell rise and quickly shouts out to his Pignite. Bell lets out another powerful stream of bubbles, meeting the Pignite as it turns to face him. The stinging stream of bubbles leaves a stunned looked on the Pignite's face as it is suddenly overwhelmed. It continues to get pushed backwards, each bursting bubble a brutal blow. Bruised and battered the Pignite falls flat onto its back, the tides of the battle had changed and it was now the one who was defeated. The crowd roars uncontrollably, only the Houndoom masked presenter is able to calm them for a moment.

Bell gained 3 levels!

"Victory goes to the challengers! They have done the unthinkable, they ha....." Suddenly the crowd is peppered by smoke bombs, the spectators break into chaos as marshals flood into the makeshift stadium. Pokemon work by their sides, you spot a couple of Machoke's, even an Arcanine which quickly works through the crowd with a Marshal clinging to its back. Your opponents quickly disappear, hopefully the Marshal's would be able to catch them before they got away. Suddenly you feel a tingle as the bracelet on your wrist begins to fire up. Before long you are convulsing in pain, dropping to the ground you notice Gloria is also being shocked. Madame Marsh isn't fleeing, instead she is lowered into the arena by her Magneton, a furious look on her face. A purple blur streaks through the air, coming to a stop in front of you. The Gligar quickly cuts through the bracelet, it's ground typing and sharp pincers allow it to do so without getting shocked.

Freed from the electrifying embrace, you take a moment to rise to your feet, still feeling some post electrocution pain. Gloria is still convulsing, the Gligar that came to your aid was still attempting to free her of the bracelet but was having trouble due to how much she was moving. You spot Jacob as he leaps down onto the sand, Glimmer at his side. Gligar finally frees Gloria of the bracelet but she remains unmoving in the sand, unconscious.

Glimmer gained 1 level while helping Jacob

"You stupid bitch!" Madame Marsh as she strides across the sand, her face red with rage."I should have known you were trouble, you're the reason for all of this aren't you? Nevermind, you won't live to celebrate your victory, Magneton strike her down with Thunder!" A giant bolt of electricity erupts from the Magneton, arcing up through the air before coming back down towards you. You throw your arms over your eyes, bracing for the hit. You are knocked backwards, not by the bolt but by the ensuing shockwave as it strikes Glimmer, the Seedot had put itself between you and the attack.

Jacob rushes to your side, he helps you to your feet as he calls out to his Gligar."Gligar hit the Magneton with an Earthpower then follow up with a Sand Attack." You look at Glimmer, if she didn't resist that hit she would surely be finished but for now it looked like she could push on."Give me a hand here Ami, I don't think Gloria is going to be able to help."


Sandaa- Returning Buru to his Pokeball you head into the arcade, aware that anything could be waiting for you inside. Espy leads the way, you hope that his psychic senses would help you to locate any enemies or perhaps even the hostages. As you enter the strange establishment you realize this wasn't going to be easy for the Espeon, the flashing lights and sporadic sounds were overwhelming his senses. You make your way through the gallery of games, most of which were broken but some still worked. You come to a stop as Chad stops to admire one in particular, a game by the name of Munch-Lax. You watch for a moment as Chad has a go at the game, using the joystick he directed the Munchlax figure through a maze of treats, attempting to avoid a quartet of colourful Gastly. After a few failed attempts, Chad abandons the game and you continue your search.

Espy soon becomes accustomed to the noise and lights and eventually picks up on something. You assume it is one of the hostages as he rushes off, you quickly pursue him. Weaving through the arcade you soon find yourself in front of a huge pinball machine. Strapped to the middle of the machine is a man, who cries out in pain as a large metal ball slams into his ribs. The ball bounces of the man's ribs before rebounding off of a couple of bumpers. It then flies directly up into his crotch, causing him to cry out in sickening pain."Hang on Daniel!" Chad quickly shouts as he rushes over to the machine. He looks around for a power point and quickly finds it, pulling the plug on the machine. The ball continues to bounce around until Espy, sensing the man's pain, directs it into a hole using his telekinetic abilities. Chad climbs up onto the machine and frees the man from his bonds. His body was covered in cuts and bruises and he appeared to have a broken leg as well."What happened Daniel? Where is Grant?" Chad begins to question his tortured friend.

Struggling to speak, you have to listen closely as Daniel begins to describe what happened."After we put you in the vent, Grant managed to reset the password on some of the lockers contain the Ribs Pokemon. He thought it would help to have leverage. They brought us here and tortured us, but Grant refused to tell them the password and I don't know it. Eventually they managed to get me to slip up, I told them everything, about how we met in the tavern to plan the raid, about Grant's daughter. They said they had all the information they needed to get him to talk so they tied me up to this and left with Grant. I think they are heading back to Shanty Heights."

If what Daniel was saying was true, Grant was no longer here and now Jenny could be in danger as well, but what could you do?"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:28 AM   #298
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- With Gloria going down but taking Valeriya and her Servine down with her, you now found yourself going toe to toe with Nikolai and his Pignite. He didn't intend to give you any chance of victory, quickly spurring on the Fire type. The Pignite thundered across the sand, preparing to tackle Bell into submission. Sped up by its earlier speed boost, the Pignite quickly gains momentum, closing in on Bell. The Dewpider lets out a quick shot of silk, sticking it to the Pignite's stomach before pulling it to the side, attempting to throw the Pignite off course. The Pignite is heavy and with all the momentum of its side Bell finds himself struggling to move it. Before long the Dewpider finds himself crushed beneath the same weight he struggled to move, the Pignite slams into him with full force, leaving the bug struggling beneath him.

Bell began to pepper the Pignite with a beam of bubbles, much more powerful than those she had been using earlier. The Pignite definitely feels the increase in power as it grunts in pain, the Dewpider's ability increasing the power of the attack was only making matters worse for it. Enraged by the pain Bell was causing it, the Pignite's fist began to crackle with electricity. Before he could react, Bell is struck with a thunderous punch, he shakes and screeches in pain as he takes the super effective damage. Bell slumps into the sand, the Pignite stands up, convinced it is victorious. It thrusts its arms into the air, playing to the crowd who begin to cheer. Madame Marsh smiles maliciously as the Pignite turns its back to you and begins walking back towards its trainer.

You stare at Bell, the Dewpider had gone down, although you were certain that he had more fight in him than that. Suddenly the Dewpider's legs begin to twitch and he slowly rises back up, had he been feigning defeat the entire time? The crowd is stunned, they fall silent. Nikolai notices Bell rise and quickly shouts out to his Pignite. Bell lets out another powerful stream of bubbles, meeting the Pignite as it turns to face him. The stinging stream of bubbles leaves a stunned looked on the Pignite's face as it is suddenly overwhelmed. It continues to get pushed backwards, each bursting bubble a brutal blow. Bruised and battered the Pignite falls flat onto its back, the tides of the battle had changed and it was now the one who was defeated. The crowd roars uncontrollably, only the Houndoom masked presenter is able to calm them for a moment.

Bell gained 3 levels!

"Victory goes to the challengers! They have done the unthinkable, they ha....." Suddenly the crowd is peppered by smoke bombs, the spectators break into chaos as marshals flood into the makeshift stadium. Pokemon work by their sides, you spot a couple of Machoke's, even an Arcanine which quickly works through the crowd with a Marshal clinging to its back. Your opponents quickly disappear, hopefully the Marshal's would be able to catch them before they got away. Suddenly you feel a tingle as the bracelet on your wrist begins to fire up. Before long you are convulsing in pain, dropping to the ground you notice Gloria is also being shocked. Madame Marsh isn't fleeing, instead she is lowered into the arena by her Magneton, a furious look on her face. A purple blur streaks through the air, coming to a stop in front of you. The Gligar quickly cuts through the bracelet, it's ground typing and sharp pincers allow it to do so without getting shocked.

Freed from the electrifying embrace, you take a moment to rise to your feet, still feeling some post electrocution pain. Gloria is still convulsing, the Gligar that came to your aid was still attempting to free her of the bracelet but was having trouble due to how much she was moving. You spot Jacob as he leaps down onto the sand, Glimmer at his side. Gligar finally frees Gloria of the bracelet but she remains unmoving in the sand, unconscious.

Glimmer gained 1 level while helping Jacob

"You stupid bitch!" Madame Marsh as she strides across the sand, her face red with rage."I should have known you were trouble, you're the reason for all of this aren't you? Nevermind, you won't live to celebrate your victory, Magneton strike her down with Thunder!" A giant bolt of electricity erupts from the Magneton, arcing up through the air before coming back down towards you. You throw your arms over your eyes, bracing for the hit. You are knocked backwards, not by the bolt but by the ensuing shockwave as it strikes Glimmer, the Seedot had put itself between you and the attack.

Jacob rushes to your side, he helps you to your feet as he calls out to his Gligar."Gligar hit the Magneton with an Earthpower then follow up with a Sand Attack." You look at Glimmer, if she didn't resist that hit she would surely be finished but for now it looked like she could push on."Give me a hand here Ami, I don't think Gloria is going to be able to help."
Ami couldn't help but flinch when the pignite's earlier speed boost proved to be too much for Bell to counter, and outright cringed as the Thunder Punch landed despite their attempts at keeping it from doing so. She didn't move from where she stood, however, instead keeping a careful eye on her pokemon. Everyone else was convinced that the murderous mercenaries had claimed victory, and the cheering from the crowd was quite deafening as a result, but... there! A leg twitched, and soon the dewpider was standing back up and taking his trainer's facial expression with him. Indeed, Ami was the only one who hadn't been at all surprised as the final stream of air orbs trapped in water streamed across the arena- the dewpider had pulled something like this before, after all. It wasn't exactly a trait she could bank all her hopes on, sure, but it sure did come in handy whenever it showed itself!

*Bell was elevated from Lv. 16 to Lv. 19!*

"YES!" the girl cried out in jubilation, as one is opt to do upon achieving a victory as the underdog.

"Yes!" she cried out a bit more quietly as the smoke bombs began to erupt around the whole cavern- it seemed like everything was coming together, after all!

"UUUUAAAAAAAAAAUUUGH!!!" she screamed in agony as electricity began to pour (not unexpectedly) into her body. Madame Marsh looked every bit as furious as she should be, having not only wasted a large sum of cash on some random chick from not-even-Arceaus-knows-where but also having the Giratina-forsaken Marshals suddenly turn up in a conveniently-timed raid of the place. Well, she was getting what she deserved after all her time running this horrid "tourney", anyway!

People usually describe electricity and lightning as being fast, but Amicae Schmeltzer felt as if things were slowing down for her instead. It gave her the time to reflect on the situation, though that wasn't exactly the most cheerful of thoughts. She had accomplished her part in this whole mess, and fair bit better than her "employers" had likely expected, but... Gloria never got the chance to do what she needed to at all! And while their pokemon still wound up losing their trainers in the end, it was almost certain that they'd be even more distraught with this turn of events- it's a lot harder to hope that the old masters would one day return to them when said master were dead! At least the Marshals should prove to be better hands for them to be in than Madame Marsh's twisted trade ever could, right?

A bit of purple came into her peripheral vision as she collapsed. Of course, she was forgetting someone vitally important! Chroma, her dear sister, had sent her away in attempt to protect her from something, and here she was throwing that care away in an evening. It was all but certain that the mystic would be heartbroken when she found out about this, if she ever did. Ami couldn't help but feel a lump of guilt form in her throat, rapidly spreading throughout her body just as quickly as the speck of purple grew to fill her entire field of vision...

All of the sudden, the flow of electrons screeched to a halt, snapping Ami back into reality (albeit with spots in her eyes). The purple that had filled her sight previously turned out to belong to some sort of weird... not quite a bat... thing. She gave it nod to show her appreciation for the creature (most likely Jacob's gligar)'s deeds, unable to speak her thanks do to her present hyperventilation. The creature had bigger things to worry about than unintentional rudeness, of course, and quickly flew off to remove save the violently spasming Gloria as well.

...That was probably the most active anyone will see that chick be in a long while, as horrible a thought as that is.

Her suspicion's were quickly proven correct, as the young man himself leaped into the chaos zone with an extremely recognizable trail of reddish sparkles trailing behind him- Glimmerwood had pulled the job off after all! And a damn good thing she did, too, though I certainly don't have to explain that any more by now!

*Glimmerwood was elevated from Lv. 10 to Lv. 11!*

Then, at long last, the bitch who seemed to be in charge of it all's expensive-looking heels came into view again. Madame Marsh had just been handed yet another slice of the not-going-according-to-plan pie, and was clearly not in the mood to mince her words because of it. Or her actions, for that matter, as she ended her tirade with the command to fry to rebel before her with yet more electricity- in the greatest concentration an ordinary pokemon could muster, at that! Ami couldn't help but weakly shut her eyes against the sight of the Thunder gathering in the sky above- and here she had thought that she'd survive the evening for a moment!

When Madame Marsh ordered 'Thunder', Ami certainly hadn't expected that to be all she felt from the technique. She hesitantly opened her eyes to see Glimmerwood standing before her, the Acorn Pokemon's body still sparking a bit from the attack she just took's residual energy. The shiny pokemon clacked out something that was most likely a curse upon the magneton's family or something (did they even have those) and jumped a couple times, clearly in a foul mood about the whole screwed-up situation. The seedot wasn't the only being that had come to her aid in this critical moment, and Ami gave no resistance as Jacob grabbed her and helped her to her feet.

"Th-thanks..." she managed to say as adrenaline steadily beat out literal shock as the source of her increased heart rate. She took as deep a breath as she could manage as her human crutch gave orders to his gligar and nodded at his simple request. "Glimmer... use their attacks... as cover to... charge up... a Sky Attack...!" It didn't take a genius to see that that wasn't going to do much to the magneton normally, but at least there was the higher-than-normal critical hit ratio involved, right?

There was, of course, one pokemon on the field that Amicae would be remiss to forget about. She had given Glimmer's orders softly, but had little problem with shouting out the next ones so that their recipient could hear at all: "Bell...! Use String Shot... to shut Marsh up... and Bubblebeam on... the magneton...!"
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #299
134
Believe that.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
134-

You and Pina start to create your masterpiece on the walls of the building, looking to make something more refined than the graffiti the Ribs usually made. It wasn't that it was necessarily bad, it just didn't hold the essence that real art had. The finesse, the execution. It was mere child's play to an artist's more refined brush. The two of you working in tandem,mixing yellow and turquoise together until a scene of a Pichu and a Totodile appeared on the wall. Perhaps they were playing together, a common scene at the Daycare off of Goldenrod. Or they could be battling, two new trainers finally having their first taste of what it means to be Pokemon trainers. The aerosol cans were your medium, and the cinder blocks your canvas. With this, your mind could go free. It could indulge in it's own whimsy and majesty. It could do the wondrous word that came in many forms. Many shapes, colors, and mediums. Many different ideas that changed how the people of the world interacted with each other. It could ART.

You hear something in the distance, and turn around to see a Smeargle staring at the two of you. It slowly walked up, inspected your work, and gave out a smile. The beagle-like Pokemon then started to work with the two of you, painting a Bulbasaur in a pointillist style. It continued to dab its tail on the cinder block, seeming determined to create a masterpiece. Yet, all you saw was a green blob. The only reason it was able to discerned as a Bulbasaur was the vague shape of the bulb. The Smeargle looks at its work, and sits down disappointed. Was this a Smeargle in-adept at art? No no no this can't be right. It's a Smeargle. Yet the evidence was right in front of you.

What do you do?
As soon as the Smeargle approached, Pena stopped painting. In fact, he turned and ran, hiding behind his trainers legs. Tate watched on, fascinated, as the Smeargle worked, delighted to see a Pokémon familiar to the Johto native. As time went on -- and the work progressed -- Tate's heart fell a bit, however. The piece was... not good. In fact, it was... quite bad. Barely discernible as what it was meant to be (A Bulbasaur?), Pena's rough and angular Totodile was more true to its source material that the Smeargle. Maybe it was meant to be an abstraction? Tate felt a pang of sympathy for the poor creature when it flopped down onto the asphalt, clearly discouraged by its poor representation.

"Aw, hey," Tate broached, gentle, slowly approaching the disheartened Pokémon. "I, um... like your pointillism! I'd have never thought to try that."

Tate offered a smile, trying to encourage the Painter Pokémon. It was true -- Tate wasn't actually very artistically inclined, and didn't really think outside of the box much; the aspiring bird keeper just wanted to make pretty pictures on the side of a slummy building. Nudging the Tyrogue out from hiding, Tate continued.

"This is Pena. You know, Tyrogue aren't exactly know as creative types! But he tries really hard, and he's getting kind of good. You two should practice together. Right Pena?"

Pena looked up at his trainer, absolutely mortified by the idea of interacting with another Pokémon. He looked at the Smeargle with wide, terrified eyes, and shook his head wildly, but Tate practically shoved him at the Smeargle. Pena clutched his can of spray paint for dear life, looking at the Smeargle like it might maul him at any moment.
134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:48 AM   #300
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- Returning Buru to his Pokeball you head into the arcade, aware that anything could be waiting for you inside. Espy leads the way, you hope that his psychic senses would help you to locate any enemies or perhaps even the hostages. As you enter the strange establishment you realize this wasn't going to be easy for the Espeon, the flashing lights and sporadic sounds were overwhelming his senses. You make your way through the gallery of games, most of which were broken but some still worked. You come to a stop as Chad stops to admire one in particular, a game by the name of Munch-Lax. You watch for a moment as Chad has a go at the game, using the joystick he directed the Munchlax figure through a maze of treats, attempting to avoid a quartet of colourful Gastly. After a few failed attempts, Chad abandons the game and you continue your search.

Espy soon becomes accustomed to the noise and lights and eventually picks up on something. You assume it is one of the hostages as he rushes off, you quickly pursue him. Weaving through the arcade you soon find yourself in front of a huge pinball machine. Strapped to the middle of the machine is a man, who cries out in pain as a large metal ball slams into his ribs. The ball bounces of the man's ribs before rebounding off of a couple of bumpers. It then flies directly up into his crotch, causing him to cry out in sickening pain."Hang on Daniel!" Chad quickly shouts as he rushes over to the machine. He looks around for a power point and quickly finds it, pulling the plug on the machine. The ball continues to bounce around until Espy, sensing the man's pain, directs it into a hole using his telekinetic abilities. Chad climbs up onto the machine and frees the man from his bonds. His body was covered in cuts and bruises and he appeared to have a broken leg as well."What happened Daniel? Where is Grant?" Chad begins to question his tortured friend.

Struggling to speak, you have to listen closely as Daniel begins to describe what happened."After we put you in the vent, Grant managed to reset the password on some of the lockers contain the Ribs Pokemon. He thought it would help to have leverage. They brought us here and tortured us, but Grant refused to tell them the password and I don't know it. Eventually they managed to get me to slip up, I told them everything, about how we met in the tavern to plan the raid, about Grant's daughter. They said they had all the information they needed to get him to talk so they tied me up to this and left with Grant. I think they are heading back to Shanty Heights."

If what Daniel was saying was true, Grant was no longer here and now Jenny could be in danger as well, but what could you do?"
As Gary, Espy, and Chad entered the Arcade, they found the interior along the lines of what Gary expected the arcade to look like. He watched Chad mess around with a familiar looking arcade game before they proceeded further into the building. All of the lights and sounds were providing a tough distraction for Espy to maintain his concentration, but Gary had confidence in his Espeon to keep his composure. As his trainer predicted, Espy was eventually able to steel his focus and picked up on something up ahead.

Gary and Chad hurried after Espy and were soon enough taken to a man who was tied to some kind of pinball machine turned torture device. Chad immediately recognized the man, and the two of them were able to free the man named Daniel from the machine. Gary listened in as Daniel recalled the story of what had happened after Chad was able to escape their capture. Daniel finished by admitting that he regrettably spilled the location of the Drunken Druddigon and predicted that Jenny’s father was being led there by the Ribs at this very moment.

Gary’s jaw dropped as Daniel’s words played in his head. He knew that Jenny as well as the bartender and waitress would be in great danger if he didn’t act fast. It was even possible that they were already too late, having spent so much time wandering the streets in this district. They were some distance away from the bar, so the only real option of getting back there quickly was via Teleportation. However, Gary had a good feeling that Espy would probably struggle handling the load of transporting three people at once. “Look,” Gary began, facing Chad and Daniel, “We need to get back there pronto. I hate to leave you two behind but Espy and I can zip right over there and make sure Jenny and the others are safe.” In the very least, Gary was assured in leaving Chad behind with Daniel because the former was armed.

Turning to face Espy, Gary began bringing up a visual image of the bar’s kitchen in his mind. “Alright Espy, read my mind with your telepathy to get a read on our destination. I want you to Teleport us over there fast!” Espy silently nodded and began to concentrate. Gary figured that in case the Ribs were already at the Drunken Druddigon, appearing in the kitchen might give them a chance to launch a surprise attack.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.