UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #76
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 209
morningstar:

(lLemme know if my directions get confusing – the map should help but feel free to let me know if you’re unsure where Athena is currently located!))

You decide to take advantage of the opportunity since you have the coin to spare, nabbing yourself some precious Technical Machines from the overpriced vending machine. And with that out of the way, you decide to head further down the hallway and see where it leads you, rather than taking a left turn.

Snivy continues to take the lead, and peers over its shoulder regularly to see if you’re keeping up. You can tell it’s no longer apprehensive towards you, the battle against Geodude likely having dissipated any lingering doubts about your true intentions. But still, you can see the concern in its eyes, not for you or itself, but no doubt for its Trainer, the guard held hostage by the criminal holed up somewhere deeper inside the factory. There is no doubt that Snivy is a very capable Pokémon on its own, but no matter how professional it was raised to be, it still longs to be reunited with its Trainer – if only for that, you know you have to keep doing your best to help it in its selfless quest.

Also, you wonder how the police team you met outside is doing against the trafficker – are they making any progress toward the front door? Can they bust in and arrest the criminal, or will the stalemate continue? In a way, it’s not entirely bad if it does – it gives you more time to explore the facility and catch him or her off-guard from the back, while the distraction continues…

You finally make it to the end of the corridor, and find yourself at an intersection – where the tunnel ends, a new choice is presented to you. The hallway you just crossed ends up in another corridor, aesthetically identical (which is to say, gray and unremarkable), but considerably wider than the one you just crossed. There is a yellow line painted along the floor’s length, with “PRODUCTION LINES – NORTH // STORAGE UNITS – SOUTH” written above it, and this is precisely the decision you’ll have to make.

However, before you can choose, a thought crosses your mind suddenly. Wasn’t an enemy drawn on Snivy’s map at this precise location? And in that case, why is that you spot nobody else other than the three of you?
As the thought takes residence in the forefront of your mind, you are assaulted by a sudden chill, an overwhelming sense of dread that you cannot explain. As if someone is watching you, creeping up on you all. You do recall catching the glimpse of a glimmer through the corner of your eye a second earlier, but it must have been your imagination – what could possibly glisten under the faint glow of the factory’s emergency lights only to vanish when you look directly at it?

Snivy and Mille seem to be growing just as restless, and neither of them seem to know why either. They know they are being watched, just like you do… and then, you spot it: Snivy’s shadow begin to contort abnormally, twisting and changing shape to resemble an entirely different Pokémon. Something is lurking in the Grass-Type’s shadow!

Can you act preemptively before something bad happens?!


-------


PikaGod:

The man’s face lights up when you agree to take part in the event. For a second you thought he was going to break character and make a scene, but he manages to cool his jets at the very last second and audibly clears his throat instead.

“Th-that’s damn right! Time ta show those rookies errythin’ I taught ya,” he declares with pomp and circumstance, making sure everyone else waiting to sign up understands you are most definitely not skipping ahead of the line, but rather… well, you’re not sure what the implied justification is, but it seems you’re getting a pass under the impression that you are the clerk’s relative or something.

“If ya got yerself a Fishin’ Rod of yer own, that’s fine, otherwise ya can borrow an Old Rod of ours. Anyway, here are yer choices.”

He retrieves a second brochure from behind the counter and slams it on the wooden surface.

“Y’take one of our little boats parked over yonder and steer it to one o’ these spots: near the shore are the lazy kinds o’ fish, the ones who dun care if all they get ta eat is engine fuel and tourist trash. They can grow pretty damn huge out of all the junk they eat, mind ya, but ya ain’t gunna find anythin’ special here I reckon. Further up North in a straight line ya might whip up some pretty interestin’ stuff, but more often than not, folk come up empty-handed; it’s a heck of a lot harder to reel anythin’ in, but the cautious species that dun like us humans are usually found around there, closer to the open sea. If ya take the boat west, where the water’s more shallow, ya might find species that like ta hide in the sand, ones with ground inclinations ya could say, bottom-crawlers that prolly ain’t too hard to snag, though some can grow to pretty brutal sizes! And to cap it off, if ya steer that trusty old plank o’ wood to the east, ya get the cold current; it wards off the casual swimmer, and water Pokémon who like the lower temperatures usually swim over there; not sure they’ll take a bite o’ your bait, since they usually go for fancier stuff, but ya never know – they’ve been known ta bite when they get real hungry!”

He looks at you, all proud of his “professional” explanation. One thing’s for sure – he can be proud of the Fishing Spot he’s got here, with so much variety of species!

“Here ya go: three pieces o’ bait. That’s all ya get, so make it count! Here’s the catch though – ya can snag three fish, but ya can bring back one, so ya got send the other two overboard before you’re all set ta return! Bring back something proper nice and we got sumthin’ great in store as a prize too! Off ya go then, go ‘n make me famous will ya?!”


-------


Schala:
The wait is perhaps the hardest part of it all - not knowing when either of your partners will return, or if any of them will be successful in their respective endeavours. In the distance, you hear the faint flapping of wings, and mercifully, the sound seems to be getting louder.

In fact, after a brief while, you spot Ulysses turning a corner from behind a bookcase, carrying a considerably heavy-looking wooden ladder in his talons! The bird flies his way over to you in obvious strain, progressively losing altitude – what he has in heart, he unfortunately still lacks in strength. And as such, despite his good will, you can only watch as Ulysses loses his grip on the ladder and it comes crashing down against one of the stands, knocking down over a dozen books. The noise everything makes pierces the library’s golden silence, and there is absolutely no way it wasn’t heard throughout the entire building…

Suddenly, a much more subtle sound to your right catches your attention amidst the commotion; looking over to where Erebos had vanished, you see the door open ever-so-slightly… How exactly did the immaterial ghost manage to unlock it?

You look around frantically, laying eyes on the chaos Ulysses inadvertently caused. Books scattered everywhere, some with soft covers irreparably bent under the weight of the fallen ladder. One lone slip of paper catches your eye amidst the mess of literature on the ground, and you pick it up for closer inspection. Look at that, it seems to be a Weakness Policy! Maybe you should hold on to it; it was likely misplaced long ago, it’s not like someone is going to miss it.

And then, you hear it: furious steps echoing down the hallway, coming in your direction. Maybe you should stay put and own up for what happened here, or maybe you could make a run for it if you don’t feel like dealing with that lovely lady again…
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #77
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Halloweentown
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
morningstar:

(lLemme know if my directions get confusing – the map should help but feel free to let me know if you’re unsure where Athena is currently located!))

You decide to take advantage of the opportunity since you have the coin to spare, nabbing yourself some precious Technical Machines from the overpriced vending machine. And with that out of the way, you decide to head further down the hallway and see where it leads you, rather than taking a left turn.

Snivy continues to take the lead, and peers over its shoulder regularly to see if you’re keeping up. You can tell it’s no longer apprehensive towards you, the battle against Geodude likely having dissipated any lingering doubts about your true intentions. But still, you can see the concern in its eyes, not for you or itself, but no doubt for its Trainer, the guard held hostage by the criminal holed up somewhere deeper inside the factory. There is no doubt that Snivy is a very capable Pokémon on its own, but no matter how professional it was raised to be, it still longs to be reunited with its Trainer – if only for that, you know you have to keep doing your best to help it in its selfless quest.

Also, you wonder how the police team you met outside is doing against the trafficker – are they making any progress toward the front door? Can they bust in and arrest the criminal, or will the stalemate continue? In a way, it’s not entirely bad if it does – it gives you more time to explore the facility and catch him or her off-guard from the back, while the distraction continues…

You finally make it to the end of the corridor, and find yourself at an intersection – where the tunnel ends, a new choice is presented to you. The hallway you just crossed ends up in another corridor, aesthetically identical (which is to say, gray and unremarkable), but considerably wider than the one you just crossed. There is a yellow line painted along the floor’s length, with “PRODUCTION LINES – NORTH // STORAGE UNITS – SOUTH” written above it, and this is precisely the decision you’ll have to make.

However, before you can choose, a thought crosses your mind suddenly. Wasn’t an enemy drawn on Snivy’s map at this precise location? And in that case, why is that you spot nobody else other than the three of you?
As the thought takes residence in the forefront of your mind, you are assaulted by a sudden chill, an overwhelming sense of dread that you cannot explain. As if someone is watching you, creeping up on you all. You do recall catching the glimpse of a glimmer through the corner of your eye a second earlier, but it must have been your imagination – what could possibly glisten under the faint glow of the factory’s emergency lights only to vanish when you look directly at it?

Snivy and Mille seem to be growing just as restless, and neither of them seem to know why either. They know they are being watched, just like you do… and then, you spot it: Snivy’s shadow begin to contort abnormally, twisting and changing shape to resemble an entirely different Pokémon. Something is lurking in the Grass-Type’s shadow!

Can you act preemptively before something bad happens?!


Trying not to waste any more time, Athena quickly placed her TMs in the appropriate case and let Snivy know she was ready to go again. Thankfully, it didn't seem to be bothered that she had stopped. The previous battle must have strengthened its trust in her. Her and Mille followed Snivy silently, both keeping an ear out for any suspicious noise. It was oddly quiet. Athena wasn't sure if it was just that the large factory absorbed sound, or if something more sinister was going on.

As they reached the end of the hall, Athena started to feel anxious. Had she memorized Snivy's map incorrectly? She would hate to have made the wrong decision and get Mille and Snivy caught off guard. Mille, normally aloof, looked on edge with her fur bristling. It suddenly got cold, had they stepped into a walk-in freezer? Athena shuddered in her short sleeves. Something was definitely wrong, and Athena stopped in horror as she witnessed Snivy's shadow supernaturally twisting. Mille looked at her trainer, and they both realized what they were faced with. Without being prompted, Mille raced forward and attempted to Tackle the shadow. Athena gasped, what on earth was she trying to do? The Stufful then began to Stomp on the shadow, looking like she was having a Tantrum. The trainer smiled and covered her mouth as she understood what her Pokemon had done. She couldn't help but be proud, she had come up with this strategy all on her own! Now, they only had to see if it would work to bring forth their next enemy.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:45 PM   #78
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 190
OkikuMew: (2/6: Eevee & Eevee)

Hoping for a nice compromise between familiar and new, between relaxing and exciting, you find that the simply named Fishing Cove certainly lives up to some of those hopes. As the salty sea air washes over you, a look around shows that today at least the Cove has lent itself more to a relaxing calm than a flurry of excitement. Though a few clusters of people dot the cove - most congregated either at the shoreline or the wooden shack with more than a few dressed in full fishing regalia - it seems that if any contests are running today, they aren't terribly well attended. Hm, perhaps something to check out later? Without much competition, the odds of winning something would surely be favorable.

Regardless, not knowing quite where to go you make your way to an open area of shore, intent on casting out a line and seeing what the ocean sends your way. As the minutes tick by, your attention begins to waver, flicking between your fishing rod and the antics of Lune quite literally chasing the waves. Luckily for her (and also for you), the little Eevee is just quick enough to avoid being soaked by any unexpected waves, but between the sandy beach and the salty ocean mist slowly sinking into her fur, grooming will definitely be an event none of you look forward to.

Entertained by the more excitable of your Eevee sisters, it takes a moment before you notice a nudge at your side. Soleil gestures at your fishing rod, and only upon bringing attention to it, do you now notice a very slight tug. Excited to have already snagged something, you begin reeling your catch in. Surprisingly, you feel little struggle as you wind the reel, almost as if the Pokémon hooked wasn't putting up any fight. Or worse, that it already got away.

All three of you waiting with bated breath - even Lune, spurred by the sudden action from her trainer - suddenly you see something crest the water a bit offshore. At the distance, you don't really recognize the species, but the bright pink certainly stands out from the clear blue of the surrounding water. By the time it is close enough to touch the sand, you feel the line go slack as it bulrushes...

...right past you. Whirling about in surprise, you see a wild Corsola cowering behind Lune to the Eevee's own shock. Visibly terrified, you almost fail to recognize it as a Corsola, as unlike most members of its species instead of four proud coral struts lining its back you only see one with small chipped stumps where the other three should be but aren't.

A noise from Soleil turns your sight back to the water, where spiny, pale blue appendages claw up the beach, bringing the lavender body of a Mareanie closer to its meal. The Brutal Star Pokémon spots the Corsola trembling behind your Eevee and licks its lips in anticipation, drawing your gaze to a pink strand of coral hanging limply from its maw.

Suddenly caught in the middle of the age-old struggle between predator and prey, what will you do?
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:16 PM   #79
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
OkikuMew: (2/6: Eevee & Eevee)

Hoping for a nice compromise between familiar and new, between relaxing and exciting, you find that the simply named Fishing Cove certainly lives up to some of those hopes. As the salty sea air washes over you, a look around shows that today at least the Cove has lent itself more to a relaxing calm than a flurry of excitement. Though a few clusters of people dot the cove - most congregated either at the shoreline or the wooden shack with more than a few dressed in full fishing regalia - it seems that if any contests are running today, they aren't terribly well attended. Hm, perhaps something to check out later? Without much competition, the odds of winning something would surely be favorable.

Regardless, not knowing quite where to go you make your way to an open area of shore, intent on casting out a line and seeing what the ocean sends your way. As the minutes tick by, your attention begins to waver, flicking between your fishing rod and the antics of Lune quite literally chasing the waves. Luckily for her (and also for you), the little Eevee is just quick enough to avoid being soaked by any unexpected waves, but between the sandy beach and the salty ocean mist slowly sinking into her fur, grooming will definitely be an event none of you look forward to.

Entertained by the more excitable of your Eevee sisters, it takes a moment before you notice a nudge at your side. Soleil gestures at your fishing rod, and only upon bringing attention to it, do you now notice a very slight tug. Excited to have already snagged something, you begin reeling your catch in. Surprisingly, you feel little struggle as you wind the reel, almost as if the Pokémon hooked wasn't putting up any fight. Or worse, that it already got away.

All three of you waiting with bated breath - even Lune, spurred by the sudden action from her trainer - suddenly you see something crest the water a bit offshore. At the distance, you don't really recognize the species, but the bright pink certainly stands out from the clear blue of the surrounding water. By the time it is close enough to touch the sand, you feel the line go slack as it bulrushes...

...right past you. Whirling about in surprise, you see a wild Corsola cowering behind Lune to the Eevee's own shock. Visibly terrified, you almost fail to recognize it as a Corsola, as unlike most members of its species instead of four proud coral struts lining its back you only see one with small chipped stumps where the other three should be but aren't.

A noise from Soleil turns your sight back to the water, where spiny, pale blue appendages claw up the beach, bringing the lavender body of a Mareanie closer to its meal. The Brutal Star Pokémon spots the Corsola trembling behind your Eevee and licks its lips in anticipation, drawing your gaze to a pink strand of coral hanging limply from its maw.

Suddenly caught in the middle of the age-old struggle between predator and prey, what will you do?
Mélina was quite shocked at the sudden turn of events, much so that her jaw dropped a little. Her simple fishing moment turned almost in a simple "circle of life" presentation, as the Mareanie pursuit the Corsola to eat it who took the bait. (Although she's starting to wonder if the Coral Pokémon was actually more smart than hungry, for holding on to the line to swim flee from its predator faster.)

Before the woman could utter a word or take any action though, Lune seemed to immediately take responsibility for the poor pink Pokémon who hid behind her. She took an offensive stance, fur standing on its ends, she abruptly brushed her front paws into the ground and Attacked the Mareanie with a good helping of Sand.

"W-what are you doing Lune?" her trainer spouted out in surprise of her Eevee's reaction. "It's nice and all to protect it, but we don't know what we're going against!"

Lune responded with what sounded like, to Mélina's ears, resolved growls determined to protect the water Pokémon at all costs. The interpretation was confirmed by looking over to Soleil, who was still standing beside the woman, and shaking her head in embarrassment.

"Seems we don't have a choice now," the girl sighed. "Well, let's take it as practice... even though it's our first battle ever," she gulped nervously as the realization dawned to her. "S-Soleil and Lune, let's go for it!"

The two Eevee sisters barked in sync, ready to team up into the fight against the Brutal Star Pokémon.

"Ok! Soleil, give a Helping Hand to your sis! Lune, try for a surprise Quick Attack right after, while you're still close to it!"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:28 AM   #80
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,629
Quote:
PikaGod:

The man’s face lights up when you agree to take part in the event. For a second you thought he was going to break character and make a scene, but he manages to cool his jets at the very last second and audibly clears his throat instead.

“Th-that’s damn right! Time ta show those rookies errythin’ I taught ya,” he declares with pomp and circumstance, making sure everyone else waiting to sign up understands you are most definitely not skipping ahead of the line, but rather… well, you’re not sure what the implied justification is, but it seems you’re getting a pass under the impression that you are the clerk’s relative or something.

“If ya got yerself a Fishin’ Rod of yer own, that’s fine, otherwise ya can borrow an Old Rod of ours. Anyway, here are yer choices.”

He retrieves a second brochure from behind the counter and slams it on the wooden surface.

“Y’take one of our little boats parked over yonder and steer it to one o’ these spots: near the shore are the lazy kinds o’ fish, the ones who dun care if all they get ta eat is engine fuel and tourist trash. They can grow pretty damn huge out of all the junk they eat, mind ya, but ya ain’t gunna find anythin’ special here I reckon. Further up North in a straight line ya might whip up some pretty interestin’ stuff, but more often than not, folk come up empty-handed; it’s a heck of a lot harder to reel anythin’ in, but the cautious species that dun like us humans are usually found around there, closer to the open sea. If ya take the boat west, where the water’s more shallow, ya might find species that like ta hide in the sand, ones with ground inclinations ya could say, bottom-crawlers that prolly ain’t too hard to snag, though some can grow to pretty brutal sizes! And to cap it off, if ya steer that trusty old plank o’ wood to the east, ya get the cold current; it wards off the casual swimmer, and water Pokémon who like the lower temperatures usually swim over there; not sure they’ll take a bite o’ your bait, since they usually go for fancier stuff, but ya never know – they’ve been known ta bite when they get real hungry!”

He looks at you, all proud of his “professional” explanation. One thing’s for sure – he can be proud of the Fishing Spot he’s got here, with so much variety of species!

“Here ya go: three pieces o’ bait. That’s all ya get, so make it count! Here’s the catch though – ya can snag three fish, but ya can bring back one, so ya got send the other two overboard before you’re all set ta return! Bring back something proper nice and we got sumthin’ great in store as a prize too! Off ya go then, go ‘n make me famous will ya?!”
"I'll put you on the damn map," said Melody, a triumphant smile on her face.

Secretly of course, she didn't give two shits about what happened to the man or his fishing competition. She was all about getting herself a bit more positive publicity, as well as possibly getting herself a new teammate. But, of course, she had already decided to play along with the show.

"Well I don't need to borrow a Rod, I've got one of my own, and I've got my Spinarak if that ends up failing," she said, motioning to Silk, the Spinarak sitting on her shoulder. "But I will take that bait."

And with that Melody was ready to get fishing... except she didn't know where she was gonna go fishing first.

"Where do we wanna fishing?" Melody asked Princess, raising her fingers as she listed off each option. "Do we want to go near the shore, do we wanna go north? East? West?"

The Stufful took a couple of seconds to think it over, the expressions on her face clear evidence that she was putting some serious effect into it. Actually it was more effort than Melody thought she would actually put into it. After those several very intense seconds passed Princess motioned to the second finger Melody put up. Clearly Princess wanted to go North. Well then, North it was.

"Alrighty then Princess," said Melody, starting to make her way over to the small little boat. "Let's get going, we got ourselves some fish to catch!"
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Melody Star
Mountain Stones: Krustallos
Wild Future: Gregor Munch

PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:27 PM   #81
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 190
OkikuMew: (2/6: Eevee & Eevee)

Surprised at the turn your simple fishing trip had taken, Lune takes any decision out of your hands by digging her paws down into the beach and lobbing a Sandy Attack at the Mareanie's face. Taken aback, more focused on its meal than you or either of your Eevee, the Mareanie falls back, using its tentacles to try - mostly in vain - and wipe the sand from its eyes. With the opportunity given by the starfish-like Pokémon, you (perhaps a bit resignedly) commit to the battle your Eevee has started, thinking up a strategy to execute.

Per your guidance, your two Eevee rush forward, leaving the Corsola to hide behind your legs. Though it looks for a moment like both are charging at the Mareanie, at the last second Soleil extends a metaphorical Helping Hand to Lune, giving the more energetic Eevee an extra boost to her Quick Attack. Ramming into the non-spiny body of the Mareanie, Lune sends the Water-type backwards into the surf, which thankfully for it clears its eyes enough to see. As the Brutal Star Pokémon looks angrily at Lune, though, you see that the Sand Attack had a lasting effect; judging by how the Mareanie's gaze seems situated just a bit to Lune's left, its vision is still blurred. You're proved correct when the Mareanie's own attack, a lunge at Lune with its Poisonous Stingers, sends the starfish-like Pokémon sailing harmlessly past Lune's left.

Grumbling in annoyance at its misstep and still squinting to see its targets, the Mareanie visibly decides on another tactic. Spinning about in a circle, the Mareanie throws down a barrage of rather Toxic looking Spikes at the feet of both your Eevee. It seems that if brute force can't be counted on, this Poison-type is not above using indirect methods of inflicting damage. Lune and Soleil best be careful proceeding.

The battle has just begun and things are mostly in your favor, both from a numbers standpoint and from the good hit Lune managed. With the new 'toxic' terrain and the Mareanie being far from out, though, there is still time for the tides to turn. What will you do?
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #82
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
OkikuMew: (2/6: Eevee & Eevee)

Surprised at the turn your simple fishing trip had taken, Lune takes any decision out of your hands by digging her paws down into the beach and lobbing a Sandy Attack at the Mareanie's face. Taken aback, more focused on its meal than you or either of your Eevee, the Mareanie falls back, using its tentacles to try - mostly in vain - and wipe the sand from its eyes. With the opportunity given by the starfish-like Pokémon, you (perhaps a bit resignedly) commit to the battle your Eevee has started, thinking up a strategy to execute.

Per your guidance, your two Eevee rush forward, leaving the Corsola to hide behind your legs. Though it looks for a moment like both are charging at the Mareanie, at the last second Soleil extends a metaphorical Helping Hand to Lune, giving the more energetic Eevee an extra boost to her Quick Attack. Ramming into the non-spiny body of the Mareanie, Lune sends the Water-type backwards into the surf, which thankfully for it clears its eyes enough to see. As the Brutal Star Pokémon looks angrily at Lune, though, you see that the Sand Attack had a lasting effect; judging by how the Mareanie's gaze seems situated just a bit to Lune's left, its vision is still blurred. You're proved correct when the Mareanie's own attack, a lunge at Lune with its Poisonous Stingers, sends the starfish-like Pokémon sailing harmlessly past Lune's left.

Grumbling in annoyance at its misstep and still squinting to see its targets, the Mareanie visibly decides on another tactic. Spinning about in a circle, the Mareanie throws down a barrage of rather Toxic looking Spikes at the feet of both your Eevee. It seems that if brute force can't be counted on, this Poison-type is not above using indirect methods of inflicting damage. Lune and Soleil best be careful proceeding.

The battle has just begun and things are mostly in your favor, both from a numbers standpoint and from the good hit Lune managed. With the new 'toxic' terrain and the Mareanie being far from out, though, there is still time for the tides to turn. What will you do?
'Well this is a thorny predicament. That Mareanie sure is a prick, building toxic relationships like this,' Mélina couldn't help thinking to herself, probably to distract herself a bit from the problem at stake.

The girls had the upper hand against that Corsola-munching fiend, but those Toxic Spikes' presence were an annoyance; the pair of Evolution Pokémon are typically physical in battle, and these thorns were getting in the way of that. Their trainer thanked herself though for having spent some time training the two before adventuring, so they would have at least a little bit more flexibility in their strategies.

"There there, it'll be alright, little one," the woman comforted the Coral Pokémon who took shelter behind her legs. "We won't let it eat that last branch on your head, ok? Stay near me, and we'll handle it for you while you're safe and sound here." As much as she doesn't want to admit it at the moment, the pink water creature was starting to pull on her heartstrings, reminding of her younger, bullied self. Minus the whole 'eaten alive' part, that is.

"Soleil and Lune," she then ordered, trying to get her mind back at the situation at hand, "in unison, try to clean up all that spiky mess with Swift, and maybe hit the Mareanie in the process too!"

"And after," she continued, "Lune, since you're closer to it, distract it with your cute puppy Baby-Doll Eyes. When it is, Soleil, hit it with another Swift attack!"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 09-30-2017 at 08:33 PM.
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:43 PM   #83
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 209
morningstar:

((Ugh stop making me want a Stufful will you? :P))

The sight of Snivy’s shadow twisting and turning on its own prompts the brave Mille to act on her own, much to your surprise. She lunges forward and intentionally slams herself against the floor, sensing it would have no effect on the shifting darkness whatsoever… which is precisely her plan!!
Gathering energy in her paws, the Stufful proceeds to mercilessly pummel the living shadow with a series of angry stomps, over and over and over again, causing the very ground to shake under the bear’s unassuming level of power! When she finally stops, nothing seems to happen for a while, until a loud screech echoes throughout the corridor…

Snivy looks over at Mille, and then to you, with a mixture of astonishment and gratitude for our actions. It seems the Grass-Type understands the predicament it was in, and is thankful for your timely intervention. Indeed, Snivy’s shadow has stopped moving altogether… but something else does – your own shadow projected on the floor!

Suddenly, something you cannot put into words overwhelms you – as if an invisible, almighty puppeteer began controlling your movements. Helpless, you can only watch as your hand is forcefully brought to your belt and wraps itself around Mille’s empty PokéBall, then unclips it. Against your will, your arm rises and takes aim at the Stufful, ready to recall her… until a flurry of rainbow leaves surrounds you, before homing in on your shadow like arrows! Immediately you feel the supernatural grip be lifted, and you can once again control your own actions – this time around, Snivy was the one to help you!

The screech is heard once more, but this time around, there are no more dancing shadows. Instead a lump of darkness emerges from the ground some feet away from you, and slowly takes the shape of an imp; its body turns purple, and glistening gems cover its body. The Sableye looks over to you, wincing in pain, then skitters across the floor along the corridor to the South, peering over its shoulder several times to see if you’re following.

Has it fled for good? Does it want to be followed? Or did it run off to get backup, alerting the other Pokemon on patrol to your presence?
The choice has to be made quickly. Will you let the Sableye go and choose a different route for yourself, or will you give chase to the ghostly creature?


-------


PikaGod:

You grab the bait from the overenthusiastic clerk, who seems to genuinely believe you actually care about his business, and make off for the docked boats a little further down the shore by the water.
The little vessels are, at the lack of a better definition, terrible. Made of mouldy wood that looks about as impermeable as a sponge, each boat looks like it can barely carry a single person across a lake, let alone any extra number of fish. But once you finally gather the courage to step inside one and make for the open sea, you’re surprised to find S.S. Shipwreck can actually hold its own surprisingly well with you and Princess aboard – not a droplet of water passes through the old wood planks, and despite the incessant squeaking it makes with every tiny wave it encounters, the boat seems perfectly capable of withstanding your combined weight as well as that of most fish you can realistically expect to reel in.

You see several other people have already taken up the challenge, scouring every corner of the Fishing Cove with their rods in hand, ready to catch whatever comes their way. Fewer and fewer, however, seem to have ventured North as you make your way towards your intended destination. In fact, only three other Trainers seem to have chosen the same spot as you, where fish are rare both in species and in number. All of them, however, hold a clear advantage over you: each of the three participants has a Super Rod, indicating they are no newbies to the game, whereas you can only rely on your standard-issue equipment…

Keh… Fools, all of them!”

The voice comes a short distance from where you stand. Looking over, you spot a most curious sight: an elderly man, probably well in his nineties, completely bald, sits cross-legged on top of a lazy-looking Tirtouga - who should by all accounts be long-extinct, much like the man riding it.

“Hello there young lady,” he greets with perhaps excessive enthusiasm in his tone. “Why, you look like a fine prospect if I ever saw one!”

He gets up as fast as his centennial joints allow, then taps the Tirtouga’s shell with his sandal-wearing foot. Nothing happens. After a second, more violent stomp though, the turtle seems to come to life, and slowly swims its way towards your boat.

“Tell you what Miss,” he whispers as if about to divulge the answer to life, the Universe and everything, “I know exactly how to find the one Pokémon in Fishing Cove that will put all others to shame. All you gotta do… is a little favour for old Gashi here. What do you say, heh?”

The old man gives off an uncomfortable vibe and you’d be surprised if he ever heard of a personal bubble. Besides, time is of the essence in this sort of contest and you’re not too sure Gashi is a reliable source. On the other hand, extra help from a knowledgeable elder might be just what you need to sweep the competition and win the whole thing… What do you say?
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:57 PM   #84
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 190
Sorry for missing a week!

OkikuMew: (2/6: Eevee & Eevee)

You can't help but think of some (rather excellent, if I may say) puns to distract yourself from the precarious predicament that barbed brute brought about. Physically inclined as your Eevee are in this stage of evolution, the scattering of spikes from the spiny starfish has certainly put a damper on their ability to move about. Rightly, you determine as you comfort the young Corsola you've increasingly become sympathetic with, your first order of business should be to clear the area - and if you can land a hit in the process, well, that's all the better.

Ordering an in-unison Swift from Lune and Soleil, you see the tail of each begin to faintly glow white. Shimmering stars of energy fade into view as they orbit the bushy tails much like planets would orbit a genuine star. Sharing a glance, the Eevee sisters nod once and as if it were a cue, they whirl about in a tight circle (mindful of the spikes) and fire off their attacks. The revolving stars snap away from their orbits, scattering across the beach. Though a few hit nothing but sand, you are pleased to see most land close enough to handfuls of spikes to knock them away in a scattering of sand, and even more so to see a few head right towards the Mareanie. Though it uses its spiked appendages to shield its squishy body, a hit is still a hit. On the other hand, around you the beach has taken as much damage as the Mareanie: small craters dot this impromptu battlefield which are slowly filling back in with loose sand (one more quickly than others, as a small Sandygast forms from the sand to glare in your direction before fading back into the beach). Thankfully, though, a path between your Eevee and the Mareanie has definitely been cleared, and should you bring any more Pokémon out unless they happen to be very unlucky they ought to miss the toxic spikes as well.

Pleased with their success, Lune continues your tactics, looking very cutely at the Mareanie with large, almost-sparkly Baby-Doll-like Eyes. The Mareanie, charging towards her with another Poison Sting, is visibly caught off guard as a faint blush turns its purple cheeks an odd shade of magenta. Unfortunately, that isn't enough to deter it from its attack, ramming into Lune with its poisonous stingers, though it does seem less powerful than it could have been. As this occurs, Soleil uses the time to ready another Swift. Unlike before, this attack homes in on the Mareanie completely, not a single star failing to hit it square in the back. Blessedly, this knocks the starfish up and over Lune, who has thankfully remained unaffected by any poisoning, into the sand face-first behind the Eevee.

As the damaged Mareanie tries to right itself, you have the chance to issue some new commands. Or perhaps something else? Though Soleil remains damage-free, that Poison Sting, even weakened, did Lune no favors. The choice is yours, what will you do?
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM   #85
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Halloweentown
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
morningstar:

((Ugh stop making me want a Stufful will you? :P))

The sight of Snivy’s shadow twisting and turning on its own prompts the brave Mille to act on her own, much to your surprise. She lunges forward and intentionally slams herself against the floor, sensing it would have no effect on the shifting darkness whatsoever… which is precisely her plan!!
Gathering energy in her paws, the Stufful proceeds to mercilessly pummel the living shadow with a series of angry stomps, over and over and over again, causing the very ground to shake under the bear’s unassuming level of power! When she finally stops, nothing seems to happen for a while, until a loud screech echoes throughout the corridor…

Snivy looks over at Mille, and then to you, with a mixture of astonishment and gratitude for our actions. It seems the Grass-Type understands the predicament it was in, and is thankful for your timely intervention. Indeed, Snivy’s shadow has stopped moving altogether… but something else does – your own shadow projected on the floor!

Suddenly, something you cannot put into words overwhelms you – as if an invisible, almighty puppeteer began controlling your movements. Helpless, you can only watch as your hand is forcefully brought to your belt and wraps itself around Mille’s empty PokéBall, then unclips it. Against your will, your arm rises and takes aim at the Stufful, ready to recall her… until a flurry of rainbow leaves surrounds you, before homing in on your shadow like arrows! Immediately you feel the supernatural grip be lifted, and you can once again control your own actions – this time around, Snivy was the one to help you!

The screech is heard once more, but this time around, there are no more dancing shadows. Instead a lump of darkness emerges from the ground some feet away from you, and slowly takes the shape of an imp; its body turns purple, and glistening gems cover its body. The Sableye looks over to you, wincing in pain, then skitters across the floor along the corridor to the South, peering over its shoulder several times to see if you’re following.

Has it fled for good? Does it want to be followed? Or did it run off to get backup, alerting the other Pokemon on patrol to your presence?
The choice has to be made quickly. Will you let the Sableye go and choose a different route for yourself, or will you give chase to the ghostly creature?


((Embrace the Stufful love!!))
Mille was pleased that her plan was a success, but her fur bristled as she realized something was wrong. She turned to look at her trainer, whose face was twisted up in fear and frustration. Athena wanted to scream at the horrifying sensation of her body being taken over, her arm moving without her direciton. Shaking, her arm was raised to point the Pokeball straight at Mille. She gritted her teeth and tried with all her strength to pull her arm away from this mysterious force. The flash of rainbow leaves barely registered in her vision before they battered her shadow and she felt the relief of control again. She started to thank Snivy for its assistance, but the three of them were alerted to the shadow rising out of the ground and taking shape. Bejeweled eyes and a pained, toothy smile faced Athena and her companions. They had foiled its disguise but unlike the previous Pokemon, the Sableye scuttled away. Athena looked quickly to Snivy and her Stufful. Mille, despite her practicaly stitched-on face, looked determined. Snivy was a bit harder to read, but she knew it had been following her lead so far. Firmly, she pointed down the hall after the scrambling Sableye. They couldn't let this Pokemon get away and potentially alert someone to their presence.

"Snivy," She whispered to the Grass type. "You're faster, we'll bring up the back." Athena gestured for it to hurry. Mille hadn't obtained the kind of speed known to her terrifyingly cute evolution. Athena worried that both her and her Pokemon might slip on their soft feet if they ended up running too fast. The Ghost type they were after looked ready to make its next move, but she believed that Snivy could get to it before it could try any more of its trickery.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.