UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2017, 01:16 PM   #51
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,215
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo View Post
Ironthunder: The team immediately mobilized against the unknown assailant within the lake. You hold onto your attacked Pokemon before she takes the field once again. All three of the Pokemon and even yourself look down to the water, keeping your eye out for disturbances. The sound of wildlife around you disturbs the peace a little bit, but not as much as the shadowy mass within in it.

Your Skarmory's eyes in the sky are the first to notice as the mass spins in circles, a small and lithe form. It pokes up above the water, the surface giving a satisfying pop as a small blue face appears. It's eyes are small and beady and it seems to have a blue moustache of sorts. You hear it give a little squeak. "Bar!" The Barboach recognizes the threat to it's safety and glances around. Before your Pokemon can really react, it dives back down into the lake. It swims around a bit more, stops, and then appears to fade deeper into the water...

Only to pop back out a few meters to the side and spray another jet of water at your Pokemon! This time, Caeda feels the lake's mischief first hand, getting struck in the wing. You've never heard a Barboach giggle, but if you did, it would probably sound a bit like the sound coming from deep within the water now. The Barboach fades from sight, apparently retreating deep into the water again. What will you do?
With half her squad on standby, Liawe looked around worriedly. This was a pickle, and no mistake. The disturbances coalesce as a small fish pops out. A Barboach. Water/Ground. A brave bugger to be sure if it was starting on a Grass type. Liawe moved to give orders, but is disrupted by movement from the undergrowth, as Anna and Calem wandered over. Seeing Kaitlyn in her angered, yet mildly distraught state, Anna dashed over to check she was alright, before angrily surveying the waters for this devilish Barboach, while Calem decided the best course of action was to jump onto Liawe's shoulder and nuzzle into her neck.

Readying herself and preparing the new arrivals, Liawe barked out some orders. Nobody fuckled with her team and got away with it. "Hope, follow it into the lake with an Ominous Wind, then back up, try to bait it to the surface near Kaitlyn and Anna. You two, catch it in a double Absorb the moment it pokes its slimy head out the water! Caeda, try to pluck it from the water and dump it on the side, see how it likes being in our territory!" Calem poked his head out from his safe space in Liawe's neck, before climbing down and taking up a battle stance. "Alright Calem... Try to get it in a String Shot and pull it over here should Caeda fail? Sounds good enough, do that!" Liawe couldn't contain her growing grin of malicious satisfaction. This slimy bastard wasn't getting away that easily...
__________________
Spoiler: show
Squad summary here.
TL3, 129.5 TP, 37 KOs, 3 SP
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #52
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
Meetan: On your mention of having a rather awkward run, Lauren begins to laugh, the loud, infectious tones reverberating around the surroundings and drawing her one or two strange looks from some of the tourists relaxing. She soon becomes embarrassed though, managing to bring her laughter somewhat under control as she wiped tears away from the edges of her eyes, some stray chuckles still breaking her breathing up here and there.

"Oh man, it's been a while since I've laughed that long. I think I needed it, so thanks. Don't worry, we can go more at your pace. I think your Lotad would prefer that anyway."

Mario seems a little downbeat on hearing this, the Poliwhirl visibly deflating, but he soon perks back up as he decides to stroll through the lapping waves rather than walk along the length of the beach. Despite moving at your own pace rather than the faster pelt Lauren no doubt could have set, you find yourself moving towards the rock ponds at an impressive pace, the number of tourists rapidly dying down just as Lauren suggested they would. Finally, you stand before the area she had intended to bring you to - numerous rock ponds stretched out before you, some dipping down into the shallow waters of the sea while others were cut off from the rocking waves, no doubt by a low tide. Turning to you,Lauren grins.

"So, what do you wanna do first? We could have a look around here for a while, I'm sure Lorrin would enjoy paddling in the pools. Alternatively, we could press a little deeper along the coast - we're more likely to come across Pokemon there. Your choice, though."


Brave Saix: With Jill having rejoined your group, deciding after your warning that meddling with the Drifblim was not worth her time, your group sets off towards the nearby village. The going is fairly easy considering you were clambering through mountainous terrain - Matthew happily leading the way while humming a quirky tune you couldn't quite recognise. The day was a good one for this kind of hike, the sun hanging high in cloudless sky and providing just enough warmth for the surroundings to be temperate, rather than possessing a chilly bite as would be typical this high up. You eventually find yourself approaching the village, eagerly pointed out by Matthew, but as you draw nearer it is clear that something is wrong. Matthew's pace slows to an uncertain crawl as he looks at the entrance to the village, where two rather burly men were posted, no doubt as some sort of guard. As you move to enter the village, the men shuffle in unison, blocking your way.

"Sorry there mate, no can do. We got a bit of a situation going on right now/ No outsiders allowed unless the chief says otherwise."

Matthew is understandably exasperated by this. A rattling explanation later and the two men are scrutinising the credentials of the scientist, before the smaller of the pair decides to lumber off into the village. It doesn't take him long to return, a rather elderly woman towing in close proximity. She was wearing rather simple blue garments, but managed to command an intense aura of authority, her small, beady eyes seeming to pierce into your very soul in evaluation. Her stature was tiny despite her presence, barely managing to come to the waist of the much larger man beside her, and her grey hair was held back by a pale white comb. Finally, after satisfying herself with Matthew's credentials, she speaks.

"I apologise deeply for the interruption to your plans, but our village is in something of a crisis right now. One of our younger members seems to have been taken hostage in one of the caves near the Sea Altar, and we are currently trying to deal with the situation to the best of our abilities. Please do try to rearrange for another time."

Matthew looks defeated at this, looking to you with slumped shoulders for guidance.


TheKnightsFury: Having given your instructions to Jormungand, your attention shifts to watching the Magikarp, wanting to make sure that the rather simple Pokemon was able to follow your instructions ably, not wanting to make anything too complicated for him to follow. Jormungand quickly acquiesces to the task though, diving down into the waters until he becomes little more than a faint red blur, an impressive depth given the clearness of the surroundings waters. With a grunt, Rigel accepts his own orders, the Qwilfish gently bobbing along in the wake left by Orion, opening his mouth wide and creating a small orb of pale blue energy. Small waves trace a path across the surface of the sphere, and then without warning, Rigel spews it high into the air, a trail of rings fashioning out behind it. With a determined grit, Jormungand explodes from the water, aiming to move through the center of the rings ... but fails, somewhat laughably. The first ring in the trail is smashed to pieces as Jormungand hurtles into it, a grimace on the face of the Magikarp clearly explaining his irritation at this. Still, as soon as he hits the water, the Magikarp dives once more, determined to fulfill the task ahead.

It takes a few more minutes for you to finally reach the center of the lake, but in this time, Jormungand had made astronomical improvement. The Magikarp could now manage to wriggle his way through the vast majority of the rings in every leaping attempt, and while he panted with exhaustion, it was clear the effects had a positive effect on his body. Jackson watches silently with a slight grin, before calling your attention.

"Anyway lad, you said you wanted a fishing lesson, right? Here, grab this and I'll see what your casting is like."

At this, Jackson throws you a fairly lightweight rod, made of a supple length of wood. The gear was clearly pretty simple, but fit nicely in your hands, the slight weight adding a satisfying heft to the rod that belies it's sleek design.

Jormungand gained 2 levels!


Jerichi: Having accepted the rather sudden request for help, you call upon the aid of your Tropius to help get you to your destination, first placing Helen in a safe spot before clambering up yourself, helping the panicked man into the back of your large dinosaur. Clearly still shaken, the man seems uncertain at first, but soon accepts that this would be the best means of getting to the necessary place, introducing himself as Carson shortly after. With that done, you are wished on your way with good luck from Josiah, and Tropius takes to the air, large, frond wings beating heavily at the air. As you gain altitude, Carson scans the horizon, finally nodding and pointing in the direction of a rather jagged peak, part of the mountain range that it would seem gets little visitors given the unfriendly silhouette the peak commanded.

"Brother Henrick is hiding in a cave near that peak. He's injured, but I am fairly sure his assailant is unaware of his position. I managed to sneak away during some of the commotion, after helping him to take refuge."

With a bellowing cry, Tropius takes off in the direction pointed out in response to your command, and it doesn't take long for guttural roars to be heard on the wind being carried towards you, the noise clearly setting Carson back on edge. The man trembles behind you, but you finally set down in a safe area of the surrounding mountain range, Carson unwilling to go any further by air.

"It's too risky. We might be spotted, and I don't see us managing to make a clean escape if we are. Let's go by foot for the rest."

With that said, your group moves as directed by Carson, until you finally come to a split in the paths ahead of you. Carson sighs heavily on seeing this, an edge of panic evident in his voice.

"Okay ... I forgot about this. We set down on the wrong side of the mountain. These paths will both take us where we need to be but ... well, one of them is much easier than the other - the issue is, this means we're more likely to be spotted. Less to hide behind. The other is a little more treacherous, but we'd likely manage to avoid any detection. Your call."


MedMana: Having agreed to tag along with the young girl, she once again grins widely, the clearly enjoying the simple pleasure of having made a new friend. With that, she grabs your hand in hers, gently tugging you further along the riverbank. You find yourself easily sucked into the pace of this energetic young lass, and she seems to have a natural knack for navigating the rockier portions of the river, despite her attire being seemingly ill suited for such a task. She wore a simple pair of sandals on her feet, accompanied with a pale white sundress, the garment billowing in the slight breeze as you both make your way a little further from the river, although your winding path soon finds you back near the now trickling waters. Looking ahead, you can make out two figures - one distinctly male and much larger than both of you while the other was seemingly female, rather slight and possessing a stature not unlike the young girl who was pulling you along, only much taller. As you draw closer, it is the male who is quicker to say anything, his voice rather ill fittingly high pitched considering his large figure.

"Hey, Celia, why have you gone bringing someone along? We're going to our secret spot. You know what secret means right? You can't be that stupid?"

On this remark, the taller girl next to him lashes out with a rather solid punch, the strength of the girl surprising considering her thin build. The boy is sent staggering, almost falling into the river from the rocks, but managing to keep his balance in an impressive shift of weight given his ungainly movements.

"Oi, 'gelica, that bloody hurt you know. I was only teasing."

With this, the girl - evidently named Celia - giggles, pointing out each friend and introducing them.

"This is Simon, and his twin sister, Angelica. Though you wouldn't think they were twins. They're completely different."


PikaGod: Finding yourself admiring the looks of your inadvertent assailant, you quickly shout after him, inquiring as to whether anything was wrong. Your two Pokemon plod after you, and as you draw closer to the young man ,you notice something you had missed during your previous brief encounter - his body was littered with bruises here and there, some discoloured and old but many looking quite nasty and fresh. Turning to meet your question, the man runs a hand through his hair, sand being dislodged in the process and shaking down onto his bare shoulders.

"Uh ... you're the chick I just knocked over, right? Sorry about that. Bit scattered right now. I was training with a friend and my Pokemon - I'm a martial artist, see - and we were sparring. It was a good session, great session. Only I seem to remember we were interrupted by a weird group ... and after that, my memory goes blank. I woke up, my head is all over the place. Honestly struggling to strong these words together if I'm honest."

It becomes awkwardly apparent that he was having difficulty with his speech as you observe him, his eyes squinting with some effort and his facial expressions clearly troubled. Even as he speaks, you can see that his body stance was a little off thanks to the injuries which littered his body - which, while most likely somewhat commonplace for a martial artist, still seemed to be a little too prevalent in their coverage on his body.

"Anyway, I'm just looking for my buddy. When I woke up I was only in my swimming trunks. Gi gone, Pokemon gone, friend gone. Not a clue where they could be."


Marion Ette: As you moved further into the marshes, managing to find soft yet sturdy ground here and there and giving yourself momentary respite from the tiresome task of wading through the at times knee deep waters, you begin to get the feeling that you're being watched. It's nothing concrete - these things very rarely are - but there was something in the air, a strange nagging at the back of your mind which screamed at you to acknowledge the set of eyes boring into the back of your skull. Looking around, you see nothing but trees and more open marsh - and despite there being ample coverage for someone - or thing - to hide behind, you can't discern anything which is particularly out of the ordinary. So you trudge on, wondering in the back of your mind whether or not to look for a boat. The waters, while being hard work to trek through, didn't seem to get much deeper than your knee, sometimes making a way up to your thigh but very rarely getting even that far. Finally, a distant shriek brings you to a halt once more, and this time you are sure of it.

You were being watched.

This time even Bogie was seeming to feel the disturbing presence in the air. The Spritzee looked around, seeming uncertain as to whether the sensation was grounded in reality or simply imagined. As you stand, deathly still, you hear the telltale squelch of motion in the waters, and you spin around just in time to see a figure - at least somewhat humanoid in shape - heading deeper into the Marsh, to an area where the waters seemed a little deeper than you had currently encountered.


Naruxami: As you begin to awkwardly stammer in an attempt to keep the conversation going, Clarice looks back at you, directly into your eyes. Her pale green gaze was striking, but her eyes soon creased at the edges, a wide grin appearing on her face as she begins to chuckle herself, a much more hearty and cheerful laugh than your own anxious giggle. Almost doubling over at a point, the young woman finally begins to gather her composure, wiping tears away from the edges of her eyes before clasping you on the shoulder gently.

"Looks like we're both pretty awkward in our own way, eh? Nice to meet you anyway. Anyway, follow me and we'll get you booked onto our boat. Business isn't exactly booming at the moment so I'm sure the boss won't mind me taking you out myself."

At this, the girl pauses, once again waving her hands through the air.

"Out onto the ocean, of course. That's what I meant. Not ... well, you get it."

With this, Clarice turns out in one swift motion, clearly hiding a rather crimson face as she begins to stroll along the beachfront. You walk in relative silence for the rest of the way due to her clear embarrassment, with Clarice barely turning her eyes up from the sandy ground. Finally, you see a small beach hut in the distance, and just as Clarice moves to open the wooden door, it swings wide open to reveal an absolute mountain of a man. Ducking to allow himself to exit the small shack, the man looks you up and down, his skin scarred and tanned a dark brown. With a grunt, he speaks, gravelly tones almost sending a shiver through your body.

"And who the heck might this be, eh?"
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:09 PM   #53
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Jerichi: Having accepted the rather sudden request for help, you call upon the aid of your Tropius to help get you to your destination, first placing Helen in a safe spot before clambering up yourself, helping the panicked man into the back of your large dinosaur. Clearly still shaken, the man seems uncertain at first, but soon accepts that this would be the best means of getting to the necessary place, introducing himself as Carson shortly after. With that done, you are wished on your way with good luck from Josiah, and Tropius takes to the air, large, frond wings beating heavily at the air. As you gain altitude, Carson scans the horizon, finally nodding and pointing in the direction of a rather jagged peak, part of the mountain range that it would seem gets little visitors given the unfriendly silhouette the peak commanded.

"Brother Henrick is hiding in a cave near that peak. He's injured, but I am fairly sure his assailant is unaware of his position. I managed to sneak away during some of the commotion, after helping him to take refuge."

With a bellowing cry, Tropius takes off in the direction pointed out in response to your command, and it doesn't take long for guttural roars to be heard on the wind being carried towards you, the noise clearly setting Carson back on edge. The man trembles behind you, but you finally set down in a safe area of the surrounding mountain range, Carson unwilling to go any further by air.

"It's too risky. We might be spotted, and I don't see us managing to make a clean escape if we are. Let's go by foot for the rest."

With that said, your group moves as directed by Carson, until you finally come to a split in the paths ahead of you. Carson sighs heavily on seeing this, an edge of panic evident in his voice.

"Okay ... I forgot about this. We set down on the wrong side of the mountain. These paths will both take us where we need to be but ... well, one of them is much easier than the other - the issue is, this means we're more likely to be spotted. Less to hide behind. The other is a little more treacherous, but we'd likely manage to avoid any detection. Your call."
The flight to rescue the endangered monk seemed to disturb Carson, and with the sight of the terrain which they were exploring, Jeri couldn't help but feel a bit anxious himself. This kind of thing was, of course, not the worst thing he had gotten himself caught up in in his career, but he wasn't quite expecting mountaineering to be part of this. Either way, per Carson's instructions, he landed in the mountains. With an element of stealth and speed clearly necessitated, Jeri withdrew his Tropius and Helen for the time being, with neither the long necked dino or the slow moving camel being too much help to him at the moment. He kept after Carson, following him to a fork in the road. Carson seemed unsure of which to take - both had a clear advantage and drawback, leaving Jeri to decide.

Jeri was never much of a mountaineer - he hadn't been a great fan of traversing the other ranges he had come across in his adventures - so he figured the other path would be a better bet. He would be better off with a scout, though, although he hadn't exactly brought any Pokémon that really fit that bill. He thumbed through the remaining Poké Balls on his belt and decided on a somewhat unconventional pick. He would need to be creative.He tossed it out, revealing a little levitating blob resembling a living cloud.

"Alright, er, what did he call you? Tenki? I think we might need to take a visit to the Name Rater for you soon. Anyway, buddy, we're about to enter a bit of a tricky situation, so we need someone to scout ahead for danger - you mind helping out?"

The Castform bubbled affirmatively.

"Okay, why don't you do a Rain Dance to give us a bit of cover - but let's keep the storm light. Feel free to chuck Weather Balls at anything that might threaten you."

Jeri rummaged through his pack and pulled out a dark windbreaker-like jacket, putting it on in anticipation of the rain. He then turned to Carson - "Hey, so what is it exactly we're facing anyway?"


Member Post

Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:59 AM   #54
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,916
I have left Minnao, do not update. Adventure Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
TheKnightsFury: Having given your instructions to Jormungand, your attention shifts to watching the Magikarp, wanting to make sure that the rather simple Pokemon was able to follow your instructions ably, not wanting to make anything too complicated for him to follow. Jormungand quickly acquiesces to the task though, diving down into the waters until he becomes little more than a faint red blur, an impressive depth given the clearness of the surroundings waters. With a grunt, Rigel accepts his own orders, the Qwilfish gently bobbing along in the wake left by Orion, opening his mouth wide and creating a small orb of pale blue energy. Small waves trace a path across the surface of the sphere, and then without warning, Rigel spews it high into the air, a trail of rings fashioning out behind it. With a determined grit, Jormungand explodes from the water, aiming to move through the center of the rings ... but fails, somewhat laughably. The first ring in the trail is smashed to pieces as Jormungand hurtles into it, a grimace on the face of the Magikarp clearly explaining his irritation at this. Still, as soon as he hits the water, the Magikarp dives once more, determined to fulfill the task ahead.

It takes a few more minutes for you to finally reach the center of the lake, but in this time, Jormungand had made astronomical improvement. The Magikarp could now manage to wriggle his way through the vast majority of the rings in every leaping attempt, and while he panted with exhaustion, it was clear the effects had a positive effect on his body. Jackson watches silently with a slight grin, before calling your attention.

"Anyway lad, you said you wanted a fishing lesson, right? Here, grab this and I'll see what your casting is like."

At this, Jackson throws you a fairly lightweight rod, made of a supple length of wood. The gear was clearly pretty simple, but fit nicely in your hands, the slight weight adding a satisfying heft to the rod that belies it's sleek design.

Jormungand gained 2 levels!

Jayson struggled into a more comfortable position upon the large Lapras's, he wanted to be in the perfect position to watch Jormungand jump. He doubted the Magikarp would succeed in the endeavour but he knew that it would at least give the lowly fish some experience. Jayson was far from surprised as Jormungand failed on the first attempt, but to his delight the Magikarp seemed determined to prove itself capable. It continued to leap from the water, slowly passing through more of the rings created by Rigel's Water Pulse. By the time they reached their destination Jormungand was succeeding more than he was failing, which was all Jayson could ask of him. Pleased with the Magikarp's efforts, Jayson dug through his bag and produced 6 Rare Candies. He unwrapped the blue foil coating of the treat before tossing them down to the Magikarp one by one. Jormungand hungrily devoured the candies as soon as they hit the water, his strength continued to grow with eat candy he devoured.

Jormungand gain 6 levels and learnt Tackle

It wouldn't be long now thought Jayson, soon Jormungand would be strong enough to evolve and then the real challenge would begin. Luckily Jackson gave him little time to dwell on his fears, the fisherman tossed a nifty looking fishing rod his way and instructed him to have a cast. Jayson was eager to put his limited fishing experience to the test, he slowly got to his feet, steadying himself on the spikes of the Orion's shell. Jayson angled himself to face away from Jormungand and Rigel, the last thing he wanted to do was snag one of them by mistake. Bringing the rod over his right shoulder, Jayson kept his thumb on the reel, preparing to let out the line as he swung the rod forward. With a swift but steady swing, Jayson sent the hook and float soaring through the air, he watched as he hoped his cast wasn't too terrible.
__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 09-05-2017 at 07:32 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #55
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post

MedMana: Having agreed to tag along with the young girl, she once again grins widely, the clearly enjoying the simple pleasure of having made a new friend. With that, she grabs your hand in hers, gently tugging you further along the riverbank. You find yourself easily sucked into the pace of this energetic young lass, and she seems to have a natural knack for navigating the rockier portions of the river, despite her attire being seemingly ill suited for such a task. She wore a simple pair of sandals on her feet, accompanied with a pale white sundress, the garment billowing in the slight breeze as you both make your way a little further from the river, although your winding path soon finds you back near the now trickling waters. Looking ahead, you can make out two figures - one distinctly male and much larger than both of you while the other was seemingly female, rather slight and possessing a stature not unlike the young girl who was pulling you along, only much taller. As you draw closer, it is the male who is quicker to say anything, his voice rather ill fittingly high pitched considering his large figure.

"Hey, Celia, why have you gone bringing someone along? We're going to our secret spot. You know what secret means right? You can't be that stupid?"

On this remark, the taller girl next to him lashes out with a rather solid punch, the strength of the girl surprising considering her thin build. The boy is sent staggering, almost falling into the river from the rocks, but managing to keep his balance in an impressive shift of weight given his ungainly movements.

"Oi, 'gelica, that bloody hurt you know. I was only teasing."

With this, the girl - evidently named Celia - giggles, pointing out each friend and introducing them.

"This is Simon, and his twin sister, Angelica. Though you wouldn't think they were twins. They're completely different."
One had to admire the innocent enthusiasm of youth, that's for sure. While Ami hadn't expected her new acquaintance to grab her hand and pull her along, she quickly found herself appreciating that she did. The tourist had already sustained a couple scrapes and bruises traveling on her own (in addition to the ones she got in her previous trip), so having someone who so masterfully maneuvered the shoals with her to mitigate the issue was quite the relief. Climbing uphill at such a brisk pace was a bit of a chore, sure, but when was that never the case? And even then, it wasn't anything an experienced traveler would have worry about and it always came with the promise of a less straining trip downhill.

It wasn't long before they found the girl's friends, and shorter still before they further displayed their mastery of the terrain. Ami had moved to help the guy who was almost pushed into the trickling stream below, but managed to find his footing on his own. She gave a sigh a relief before her guide -Celia, apparently- introduced her friends. The twins' difference was plain to see, at least.

"Nice to meet you all!" she greeted cheerfully. "My name's Amicae, though most people leave off the last syllable there. It's kinda tricky to say." She turned to Celia, her hands on her hips in mock disapproval. "You never said anything about a secret spot! I don't have to swear some sort of oath of secrecy now, do I?"
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #56
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Meetan: On your mention of having a rather awkward run, Lauren begins to laugh, the loud, infectious tones reverberating around the surroundings and drawing her one or two strange looks from some of the tourists relaxing. She soon becomes embarrassed though, managing to bring her laughter somewhat under control as she wiped tears away from the edges of her eyes, some stray chuckles still breaking her breathing up here and there.

"Oh man, it's been a while since I've laughed that long. I think I needed it, so thanks. Don't worry, we can go more at your pace. I think your Lotad would prefer that anyway."

Mario seems a little downbeat on hearing this, the Poliwhirl visibly deflating, but he soon perks back up as he decides to stroll through the lapping waves rather than walk along the length of the beach. Despite moving at your own pace rather than the faster pelt Lauren no doubt could have set, you find yourself moving towards the rock ponds at an impressive pace, the number of tourists rapidly dying down just as Lauren suggested they would. Finally, you stand before the area she had intended to bring you to - numerous rock ponds stretched out before you, some dipping down into the shallow waters of the sea while others were cut off from the rocking waves, no doubt by a low tide. Turning to you,Lauren grins.

"So, what do you wanna do first? We could have a look around here for a while, I'm sure Lorrin would enjoy paddling in the pools. Alternatively, we could press a little deeper along the coast - we're more likely to come across Pokemon there. Your choice, though."
Hearing Lauren laugh the way she did brought a grin to Alice's face. She was no longer embarrassed by her own weakness given that she owned it, and so she wasn't offended. "I didn't think it was /that/ funny." The trainer remarked with a few laughs of her own, the Lotad joining in with a few odd chuckles of his own. His species were pretty weird in looks and sound, but Alice thought it was thoroughly endearing.

"I mean, we have time, so we can come back to the rock pools. I'd love to see what kind of Pokemon are on offer around here, anyway." She said. Alice did have a few water types already, including her Lotad, but even if she didn't catch one it'd be cool to see them all. Although it was a secret, Alice didn't think herself from the Pokemon world, and so everything always felt fascinating, exciting and new-- even moreso on a holiday! "So let's head on a bit further, and we can always paddle on the way back or another day."
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:28 AM   #57
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge
 
Brave Saix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Brave Saix: With Jill having rejoined your group, deciding after your warning that meddling with the Drifblim was not worth her time, your group sets off towards the nearby village. The going is fairly easy considering you were clambering through mountainous terrain - Matthew happily leading the way while humming a quirky tune you couldn't quite recognise. The day was a good one for this kind of hike, the sun hanging high in cloudless sky and providing just enough warmth for the surroundings to be temperate, rather than possessing a chilly bite as would be typical this high up. You eventually find yourself approaching the village, eagerly pointed out by Matthew, but as you draw nearer it is clear that something is wrong. Matthew's pace slows to an uncertain crawl as he looks at the entrance to the village, where two rather burly men were posted, no doubt as some sort of guard. As you move to enter the village, the men shuffle in unison, blocking your way.

"Sorry there mate, no can do. We got a bit of a situation going on right now/ No outsiders allowed unless the chief says otherwise."

Matthew is understandably exasperated by this. A rattling explanation later and the two men are scrutinising the credentials of the scientist, before the smaller of the pair decides to lumber off into the village. It doesn't take him long to return, a rather elderly woman towing in close proximity. She was wearing rather simple blue garments, but managed to command an intense aura of authority, her small, beady eyes seeming to pierce into your very soul in evaluation. Her stature was tiny despite her presence, barely managing to come to the waist of the much larger man beside her, and her grey hair was held back by a pale white comb. Finally, after satisfying herself with Matthew's credentials, she speaks.

"I apologise deeply for the interruption to your plans, but our village is in something of a crisis right now. One of our younger members seems to have been taken hostage in one of the caves near the Sea Altar, and we are currently trying to deal with the situation to the best of our abilities. Please do try to rearrange for another time."

Matthew looks defeated at this, looking to you with slumped shoulders for guidance.
Sypher could feel the gloom emanating from Matthew, but he quickly saw the chance to help both sides out. "Ma'am, surely we can come to some sort of compromise. You see Matthew here had wanted to examine the architecture of the Sea Altar and I happen to be a trainer. So maybe Matthew and I could help with the hostage situation and kill two birds with one stone. Then when we return you okay his dig request. Does that sound fair?"
__________________
Brave Saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #58
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
Jerichi: Having decided to take the quicker route, you call upon some assistance, Tenki happily deciding to aid you along your way. The Castform takes a moment to gather himself, before his body begins to pulse with a pale blue energy. With an eager motion, Tenki begins to dance left and right, dispersing the energies gathering around his body into the surrounding air and watching on with glee as dark clouds begin to rumble over the mountains, gathering overhead before unleashing their deluge. Carson seems unperturbed by this, the man simply allowing himself to get wet, but he seemed preoccupied with your question. He was clearly deep in thought, but as he seems to turn to answer you, his eyes go wide with fear. Raindrops continue to hammer down around you, muffling his voice somewhat, but you can see that there is a distinct terror hanging around him. Turning to face whatever it was that was catching Carson's eye, you notice something which simultaneously baffles and frightens you.

Looming over a nearby mountaintop, eyes glaring directly at your small group, was an enormous green head. Jagged, rock like struts jut from the body of the colossal titan as it heaves itself up over the nearby peak, a guttural roar echoing through the air and causing the space around you to tremble, even at this distance. While much, much larger than any normal specimen, there was no doubt about what was facing you down, and clearly ready to give chase. A Tyranitar. Behind you ,you hear wet footsteps begin to slap at the wet rock beneath, and Carson yells as loud as he can over the deluge.

"Run!"


TheKnightsFury: Having fed numerous Rare Candies to Jormungand, you turn your attention instead to casting your rod, ignoring the slight scowl evident on the face of Jackson, the fisherman trying to hide his dissatisfaction with the way you had seemingly ignored his warnings about raising a Magikarp too quickly. Still, the man quickly changes his expression, giving the fleeting impression that the scowl you had witnessed had been little more than a trick of the light. As you attempt your first cast, you find the well weighted rod easy to control, but while your distance was fairly impressive, it is evident that your positioning and stance are a little off, with the line having flown far from straight. Frowning a little, Jackson shakes his head a little, before adjusting the positioning of your arms and spacing your legs a little more evenly, a tricky feat given the awkward shape of Orion's shell.

"Try again with this stance, and try your timing releasing the reel with the apex of the arc. Makes for a much better path of flight."

It was evident in the way Jackson instructed you that he was used to teaching others, and you find your casting quickly improving as you correct small nuances with trial and error. Eventually, Jackson seems somewhat satisfied with your progress, nodding to himself while scratching at his beard.

"Not a bad learner, kid. You're making decent progress. I take it this fishing lesson is a preamble to trying to catch another critter of your own? Anything particular in mind, or any old Water type do ya?"


Median Dia: As soon as you ask about any sort of oath of secrecy, Simon opens his mouth, clearly looking to protest once again, but Angelica quickly ducks down to deliver an elbow to his side, leaving the boy reeling away and doubled over. Celia, used to such antics from the pair, simply giggles at the spectacle, and Angelica takes a moment to correct her hair before turning back towards you with a fairly radiant smile.

"No, no oath of secrecy needed at all. It's not even that secret a spot, if I'm totally honest. Simon just likes to take everything to the extreme, you know. Bit of a child."

The last sentence is said in a somewhat hushed tone, intended for Simon not to hear, but the boy burns crimson red from embarrassment at the hands of his sister, quickly spurting out an annoyed declaration of how he heard what she said before stomping off along the river. Celia chuckles at this behaiour once again as Angelica goes running off after her brother laughing, the pair evidently having quite a strong relationship despite their clashes. At this, Celia indicates for you to follow along, and your group heads further along the river. Eventually, you find yourself branching off into the surrounding trees, and yet somehow the sound of running water doesn't diminish at all. As you move further into the trees, you understand why - the secret spot that the kids were talking of was more than likely one of the many tributaries which fed into the larger river. However, before you can confirm this suspicion, you and Celia bump into SImon and Angelica - who had, for some reason, stopped short. Turning to you, Simon has a clearly disgruntled look.

"Uh .. we can hear voices up ahead. At our spot. We're not sure what to do, so we figured we'd wait for you guys ..."


Meetan: On making your decision, Lauren grins widely, the young girl clearly having wanted to press deeper along the coast like you suggested shortly after. With a short nod, she waves you over, before clambering up onto the first rock.

"Here, hold my hand. This route is pretty easy going, but better safe than never, eh?"

With that, the young girl takes your hand into your own, giving a reassuring squeeze before heading along the rocks. Lorrin tagged shortly behind, the Grass type hopping from rock to rock, his low center of gravity surprisingly adept at navigating the rather slippery surface of the rocks without tumbling into the surrounding rock pools. Still, that didn't prevent the Lotad "accidentally" slipping here and there to fall into the waters and have a short paddle before clambering up back after you both. This seems to give Lauren a good chuckle, the girl almost taking a tumble herself because of it, but she quickly rights herself and points into the distance.

"There we go, just beyond these rocks here you can see that cove, right? That's where we'll be heading. Pretty much no tourists head this deep like I said, so it should be pretty abandoned. "

As soon as she finishes her speech though, you hear a rather discomforting noise. It was clearly Pokemon in nature, but it was the distressed tinge to the notes that gave you room to pause. Looking around, you couldn't see anything in the immediate vicinity, and it is clear that Lauren has heard the call for help too. Turning to you, she frowns, straining to listen for the call once more.

"Did ... did you hear that?"


Brave Saix: On hearing your suggestion, the elderly woman considers you with narrowed eyes, her lips pursing at the same time to give the distinct impression that she truly was in some way gauging your worth or potential, her fingers drumming at the top of the small cane she used to aid her walking. Finally, she clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth, a sound which seemed to be caught somewhere between approval and distaste. A heavy sigh comes shortly after, and she waves you closer, beckoning for you to bend and bring your eyes nearer her own level.

"Normally, child, I would disdain the aid of outsiders. Our people are proud, and while we do happily accept assistance for simpler tasks, when our own become threatened we typically like to keep the matter internal. However ... given the circumstances of this particular case, your help may well be required - no, necessary even. Come with me, and I will provide you a map divulging the location of the cave system this vagrant has escaped to."

With that, the elder turns, allowing you to follow her into the village. Matthew seems dumbfounded by this, clearly having never found himself in such a position before. The man seems rather timid compared to his typical outgoing personality you had witnessed, and as you duck into the small tent which housed the elder, Matthew coughs loudly.

"You .. you wouldn't mind if I stayed in the village while you resolve this situation, would you? I know I am meant to be a guide and all, but ... well, I'm not good with violence of battling. I only have one Pokemon, and she helps me with on site preparation, never battled a day in her life."
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #59
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Meetan: On making your decision, Lauren grins widely, the young girl clearly having wanted to press deeper along the coast like you suggested shortly after. With a short nod, she waves you over, before clambering up onto the first rock.

"Here, hold my hand. This route is pretty easy going, but better safe than never, eh?"

With that, the young girl takes your hand into your own, giving a reassuring squeeze before heading along the rocks. Lorrin tagged shortly behind, the Grass type hopping from rock to rock, his low center of gravity surprisingly adept at navigating the rather slippery surface of the rocks without tumbling into the surrounding rock pools. Still, that didn't prevent the Lotad "accidentally" slipping here and there to fall into the waters and have a short paddle before clambering up back after you both. This seems to give Lauren a good chuckle, the girl almost taking a tumble herself because of it, but she quickly rights herself and points into the distance.

"There we go, just beyond these rocks here you can see that cove, right? That's where we'll be heading. Pretty much no tourists head this deep like I said, so it should be pretty abandoned. "

As soon as she finishes her speech though, you hear a rather discomforting noise. It was clearly Pokemon in nature, but it was the distressed tinge to the notes that gave you room to pause. Looking around, you couldn't see anything in the immediate vicinity, and it is clear that Lauren has heard the call for help too. Turning to you, she frowns, straining to listen for the call once more.

"Did ... did you hear that?"
"Thanks!" Alice grinned back. It was silly, perhaps, to be guided by hand by a younger girl but even with all of her adventures, she still wasn't the strongest or most practical of this world's inhabitants. When Lauren nearly falls, she takes Alice with her, and the older lady swears in fright. There was temptation to relinquish her hand from the other, but when Lauren seemed to be concentrating more, Alice left it be. She was clearly more hesitant with her own footing,though, especially given that Alice shot glances back after her ambling Lotad, just incase he got left behind or stuck.

"I see what you're doing there, little man, don't think I don't." She teased, and Lorin chuckled timidly. He knew he wasn't truly in trouble, though, and Lauren seemed to find him just as entertaining, so why stop? His trainer was about to speak up when the noise echoed from within the cove, and Lorin stopped half-out of a pool of water, taken aback.

"... Yep. I think we all heard it." Alice confirmed, Lorin taking a few beats longer to scramble from his pool. "It doesn't sound angry, though. It sounds hurt. Maybe we should go in there." She suggested, and Alice took the lead, picking up her Pokemon and starting down towards the cove.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:48 PM   #60
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
TheKnightsFury: Having fed numerous Rare Candies to Jormungand, you turn your attention instead to casting your rod, ignoring the slight scowl evident on the face of Jackson, the fisherman trying to hide his dissatisfaction with the way you had seemingly ignored his warnings about raising a Magikarp too quickly. Still, the man quickly changes his expression, giving the fleeting impression that the scowl you had witnessed had been little more than a trick of the light. As you attempt your first cast, you find the well weighted rod easy to control, but while your distance was fairly impressive, it is evident that your positioning and stance are a little off, with the line having flown far from straight. Frowning a little, Jackson shakes his head a little, before adjusting the positioning of your arms and spacing your legs a little more evenly, a tricky feat given the awkward shape of Orion's shell.

"Try again with this stance, and try your timing releasing the reel with the apex of the arc. Makes for a much better path of flight."

It was evident in the way Jackson instructed you that he was used to teaching others, and you find your casting quickly improving as you correct small nuances with trial and error. Eventually, Jackson seems somewhat satisfied with your progress, nodding to himself while scratching at his beard.

"Not a bad learner, kid. You're making decent progress. I take it this fishing lesson is a preamble to trying to catch another critter of your own? Anything particular in mind, or any old Water type do ya?"

Jayson was aware that Jackson didn't approve of his boosting of Jormungand, but the Magikarp was his Pokemon and he would do with it as he wished. Magikarp weren't really useful for anything and Jormungand was eager to evolve, Jayson saw no harm in assisting him. He was even prepared to face the Gyarados's rage, it was something he would have to face, even if the fisherman advised against it.

Jackson's opinion and instruction was appreciated when it came to his casting skill. Jayson quickly went from rusty to an adequate level, at least in Jackson's eyes. The rod soon felt like an extension of his body, he had much better control over his aim, he was ready to fish.

"I really didn't come here with the intention of catching another Pokemon, I simply wanted to make Jormungand stronger so that he could evolve." Although Jayson hadn't come in search of more Pokemon, he wasn't against adding to his team. "However I sure wouldn't mind trying my luck and seeing what I could fish up. Have you got any species around here from foreign regions? Something a little more diverse? Jormungand might even be able to have a crack at battling whatever I fish up." The prospect of fishing up a new Pokemon was indeed exciting. Jormungand would have another opportunity to prove himself and the tides of battle would surely help forge a relationship between them. A strong bond would make overcoming the Magikarp's post evolution rage much easier to quell.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #61
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
PikaGod: Finding yourself admiring the looks of your inadvertent assailant, you quickly shout after him, inquiring as to whether anything was wrong. Your two Pokemon plod after you, and as you draw closer to the young man ,you notice something you had missed during your previous brief encounter - his body was littered with bruises here and there, some discoloured and old but many looking quite nasty and fresh. Turning to meet your question, the man runs a hand through his hair, sand being dislodged in the process and shaking down onto his bare shoulders.

"Uh ... you're the chick I just knocked over, right? Sorry about that. Bit scattered right now. I was training with a friend and my Pokemon - I'm a martial artist, see - and we were sparring. It was a good session, great session. Only I seem to remember we were interrupted by a weird group ... and after that, my memory goes blank. I woke up, my head is all over the place. Honestly struggling to strong these words together if I'm honest."

It becomes awkwardly apparent that he was having difficulty with his speech as you observe him, his eyes squinting with some effort and his facial expressions clearly troubled. Even as he speaks, you can see that his body stance was a little off thanks to the injuries which littered his body - which, while most likely somewhat commonplace for a martial artist, still seemed to be a little too prevalent in their coverage on his body.

"Anyway, I'm just looking for my buddy. When I woke up I was only in my swimming trunks. Gi gone, Pokemon gone, friend gone. Not a clue where they could be."
Melody could have slapped herself, you know if she wanted to mark her flawless skin, for somehow ogling the guy without actually noticing his skin. It looked like he had been used as a beating bag by a group of men. Hot sweaty men all atop another man. Melody blinked hard, goddamn she needed to get laid. Forcefully pushing the thoughts of of her her mind, but making sure to bank them for later. That wasn't important now, what this poor man had to go through was what was important.

Realising that he was talking, Melody actually started listening to what he was saying. She realised that there was something... off with the way he was speaking. Honestly it sorta reminded Melody of a concussion, she had seen her fair share of them, lots of back up dancers meant that she had seen quite a few of head injuries. What had happened to this guy? He had woken up with nothing but his swim trunks, which suggested to Melody that he could have gotten into a pretty bad fight, either one that he knew he was getting into or perhaps he could have even been mugged.

Once the man finished talking, Melody placed a hand on his shoulder, intended to be reassuring. "So you were out training and then pretty much got mugged and had everything stolen?" With a look of concentration, Melody looked down at Speaker and then back up at the injured man. "Do you remember what pokemon you were training with? It could be a very long shot, but Speaker here might be able to pick up its cries if whoever took it is still in the area? We might be able to help find it."
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Melody Star
Mountain Stones: Krustallos
Wild Future: Gregor Munch

PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #62
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Median Dia: As soon as you ask about any sort of oath of secrecy, Simon opens his mouth, clearly looking to protest once again, but Angelica quickly ducks down to deliver an elbow to his side, leaving the boy reeling away and doubled over. Celia, used to such antics from the pair, simply giggles at the spectacle, and Angelica takes a moment to correct her hair before turning back towards you with a fairly radiant smile.

"No, no oath of secrecy needed at all. It's not even that secret a spot, if I'm totally honest. Simon just likes to take everything to the extreme, you know. Bit of a child."

The last sentence is said in a somewhat hushed tone, intended for Simon not to hear, but the boy burns crimson red from embarrassment at the hands of his sister, quickly spurting out an annoyed declaration of how he heard what she said before stomping off along the river. Celia chuckles at this behaiour once again as Angelica goes running off after her brother laughing, the pair evidently having quite a strong relationship despite their clashes. At this, Celia indicates for you to follow along, and your group heads further along the river. Eventually, you find yourself branching off into the surrounding trees, and yet somehow the sound of running water doesn't diminish at all. As you move further into the trees, you understand why - the secret spot that the kids were talking of was more than likely one of the many tributaries which fed into the larger river. However, before you can confirm this suspicion, you and Celia bump into SImon and Angelica - who had, for some reason, stopped short. Turning to you, Simon has a clearly disgruntled look.

"Uh .. we can hear voices up ahead. At our spot. We're not sure what to do, so we figured we'd wait for you guys ..."
The twins' perpetual slapstick routine, humorous as it was, did make Ami wonder whether Simon was actually feeling his sister's blows that much or was faking a good chunk of it. Surely this had been going on long enough for him to have gotten used to it, right? Well, that wasn't really all that important, it seems. At the very least, she doubted that he was faking his blush of embarrassment when Angelica called him a child.

"Hey, that's still better than being a broken old man!" the newcomer teased as Simon ran on ahead. His sister was quick to follow him, and the pair laughed together as if they were never at odds. "They seem to be pretty happy with each other," she said to nobody in particular, glad to be witnessing the group's camaraderie firsthand.

The scenery changed as the group broke away from the river, though the sounds of the natural world didn't. As much as the rocks were a little annoying to deal with if you weren't used to them, Ami couldn't help but feel that there was a serene air about the place that few of the forests she had visited beforehand could replicate. "You know, the trees here are pretty different from those back on the mainland. They're thinner, but that probably means that they're more flexible- I'd imagine that they have to deal with more stress up her- oof!" Her moment of thinking aloud was cut short when she accidentally walked into Angelica. She quickly took a couple steps back and apologized.

Simon was definitely a bit spooked by something else entirely and explained that there were voices coming from their spot. "Have heard anything they were saying?" Ami asked. How they react should be based on what these other people are up to, and she wanted to have a good idea of that. If needed, she was prepared to sneak ahead slightly to hear them better herself and plan from there.
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:44 PM   #63
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Jerichi: Having decided to take the quicker route, you call upon some assistance, Tenki happily deciding to aid you along your way. The Castform takes a moment to gather himself, before his body begins to pulse with a pale blue energy. With an eager motion, Tenki begins to dance left and right, dispersing the energies gathering around his body into the surrounding air and watching on with glee as dark clouds begin to rumble over the mountains, gathering overhead before unleashing their deluge. Carson seems unperturbed by this, the man simply allowing himself to get wet, but he seemed preoccupied with your question. He was clearly deep in thought, but as he seems to turn to answer you, his eyes go wide with fear. Raindrops continue to hammer down around you, muffling his voice somewhat, but you can see that there is a distinct terror hanging around him. Turning to face whatever it was that was catching Carson's eye, you notice something which simultaneously baffles and frightens you.

Looming over a nearby mountaintop, eyes glaring directly at your small group, was an enormous green head. Jagged, rock like struts jut from the body of the colossal titan as it heaves itself up over the nearby peak, a guttural roar echoing through the air and causing the space around you to tremble, even at this distance. While much, much larger than any normal specimen, there was no doubt about what was facing you down, and clearly ready to give chase. A Tyranitar. Behind you ,you hear wet footsteps begin to slap at the wet rock beneath, and Carson yells as loud as he can over the deluge.

"Run!"
When Jeri asked about the threat, looming over the path of his choice, he was expecting the response to be something along the lines of trainers waiting to ambush them or bothersome Pokémon who did not like to be disturbed. A monster of this size and scale was not what he was expecting. As the beast reared its ugly head and approached, he swore to himself for having enough hubris to assume that the tougher path would be a breeze. And, on top of all that, in retrospect, it probably wasn't a good idea to summon a rainstorm (after all, didn't he get himself in this situation by getting unpleasantly wet as it was?). But he had to work with what he had, and do so while running at full speed.

"Tenki!" he called, summoning the Castform to him while he reached into his pack to pull out a Mystic Water. He pulled the Silk Scarf off the Castform's neck and instead slung the vial around it, hastily stashing the scarf back in his backpack, trying not to soak the other contents in the process.

"Give us a little bit of cover, friend! Hit him with a Flash, and then go for a Weather Ball!"

Hoping that the little water blob could hold off the raging beast, he put all his effort into running ahead and not slipping on the slick ground, all while wishing in the back of his head that he had summoned a Sunny Day instead of a rainstorm.


Member Post

Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:47 AM   #64
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo View Post
134: You begin to wander aimlessly into jungle. With 12 hours on the clock, you keep a close eye on your compass to make sure you can get back to the coast your boat landed on. Your captain for the journey seemed to be a native man who didn't talk too much. When you told him you were coming here without a guide, he seemed alarmed. Yet, he still took your money and dropped you off.

You wander through the jungle for a good hour or two, with Kai staying close by you. The canopy seems endless above you and the jungle heat starts to hit you a little bit. You're happy to see that your shorts fit in with your surroundings. While there sure is a lot of green, you're also wading through plenty of bright flowers. The jungle is pleasant place to be - ignoring, of course, the nigh unbearable heat and the constant shrieking sounds of the jungle. You listen carefully to them, trying to pick out any particular birds, but alas, they seem too scattered. Your focus drifts back to the path before you - wait, there's a path?

You step out of the weeds into a well worn path of packed dirt. Around you, you see it stretches on for a bit before turning into the jungle. And on a nearby tree, you see a symbol etched into the wood: A fish with three ovals intersecting the main island, all with a tight circle around it and 3 lines stretching upwards. The carvings don't seem to have rotted into the wood yet. With unease setting in, what will you do?


Fingertips tracing the carving, Tate's eyes light up. Looking to Kai, a grin splitting the pale and freckled features of a slightly sunburnt face, the trainer looks ecstatic.

"I'd heard there were native peoples on these islets," Tate breathes to the Vaporeon. "Who broke off from the main islands a long time ago. Do you think they still speak the indigenous language fluently? I don't know much about Minnao. I wonder if it's in the same language family as Alolan? Poly-... hey!"

Tate yelps as Kai whacks her trainer with a thick, muscular tail. The Vaporeon has heard quite enough of the near fanatic adulation over the Alolan archipelago over the years, and unlike Tate, Kai is put at unease by the bizarre carving and strange, tamped earth in an otherwise untouched forest. She'd rather Tate focus on the matter at hand. Bending down to rub a bruised calf, Tate pouts.

"I'd like to try and find whoever made this," Tate suggests, with no sense of danger in mind. Kai seems skeptical. What if whoever made it isn't friendly? What if they're out for blood? Tate's already pulled away to photograph the carving using the ever-handy PokeGear, however. Once that was done, Tate removed a Luxury Ball from a brass clip on the woven belt laced through the loops of the salmon cargo shorts hanging from chubby hips, and expanded it, releasing from its confines an oddly-colored Rowlet who seemed to glitter in the sunlight.

"Uhane!" Tate greeted, as the Rowlet landed on the trainer's left forearm. Tate minimized the ball, and reattached it to its clip. "Do me a favor? Fly up high, and see if you can see any signs of people."

Cooing plainly in acknowledgement, Uhane beat her stubby wings fervently in order to generate the lift needed to take flight, slowly ascending above the treeline; it was grunt work, but at least she wasn't getting shocked.

__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Incognito Isle


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #65
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo View Post
Lil'twick: The ship you are on could easily be described as modest. The rickety fishing boat is metal in some parts and wood in others, but you can't quite see the line due to the copious amounts of light green paint. The captain of the ship sits in a small closed off room, a portly greying man wearing classic fishing attire - plastic overalls, a yellow raincoat and hat, and green boots.

Captain Joe, his name you learned shortly before paying passage, poked his head out of the room. "Feelin' sick out there, kid? I've got a brown bag or two in here if ya need it!" He shouts out over the whirring motor in the back, and lets out a hearty laugh. The other two participants of this trip, two older men who sit on the other side of the boat, interrupt their conversation about ol' times with some snickering.

Eventually, the boat slows down and Captain Joe steps out after turning off the motor. "Here we are, gents! It's the ocean! The only one like it!" His Ampharos follows out, a shy one who stands above the hull a lot of the time, shining bright across the waves. He sets a small container of bait next to you on the bench next to a brown bag. "Hope ya feel better, kid. If you need anything, just ask. And sorry about the rough trip." He says to you, shrugging at the end. With everything you need with you to start fishing, what will you do?
Austin continued to listen to the guffaws of the older men on the boat. Not like it really mattered to him. He was use to lakeside fishing... Wait, how did he remember that? Maybe even if he can't recall how, his body can still recreate what it has learned. Muscle memory, if he could recall correctly. The ginger-dyed teen watched as his rod bobbed up and down in accordance to the waves, the boat slowly going into a slow rock. Fishing takes plenty of time, and how it was now the teen could pass out like his Spheal and maybe not hit a bite. It was a nice, relaxing day out at sea. Even if he didn't catch a fish, he wouldn't be too bothered by it. After all, this is an escape from the busy hustle and bustle of every day life.

Searching through his bag, Austin finds a sandwich in which to eat. Seems that Marie packed him food yet again. The more he thought about in in recent days, the more and more familiar the Gengar was to him. Of course, they had met before when it was just him and Wisp. But, this felt different. It felt like he knew her long before he started his journey. But he couldn't recall meeting a Gengar at all. Hopefully he would learn how shortly, but all his mind was doing was trying a blank. He was just here with Wisp and Yuke. He felt a bit better now that the stomach medication was kicking in. He took a small bite of his sandwich and continued to watch the line.
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:32 PM   #66
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge
 
Brave Saix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Brave Saix: On hearing your suggestion, the elderly woman considers you with narrowed eyes, her lips pursing at the same time to give the distinct impression that she truly was in some way gauging your worth or potential, her fingers drumming at the top of the small cane she used to aid her walking. Finally, she clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth, a sound which seemed to be caught somewhere between approval and distaste. A heavy sigh comes shortly after, and she waves you closer, beckoning for you to bend and bring your eyes nearer her own level.

"Normally, child, I would disdain the aid of outsiders. Our people are proud, and while we do happily accept assistance for simpler tasks, when our own become threatened we typically like to keep the matter internal. However ... given the circumstances of this particular case, your help may well be required - no, necessary even. Come with me, and I will provide you a map divulging the location of the cave system this vagrant has escaped to."

With that, the elder turns, allowing you to follow her into the village. Matthew seems dumbfounded by this, clearly having never found himself in such a position before. The man seems rather timid compared to his typical outgoing personality you had witnessed, and as you duck into the small tent which housed the elder, Matthew coughs loudly.

"You .. you wouldn't mind if I stayed in the village while you resolve this situation, would you? I know I am meant to be a guide and all, but ... well, I'm not good with violence of battling. I only have one Pokemon, and she helps me with on site preparation, never battled a day in her life."
As we enter the tent, I turn to Matthew as he coughs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher(internal)
He really looks scared. I'd hate to freak him out, but I'll need someone to go with me incase things go south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher
Matt. I get where you are coming from, but I need you to come with me. I've gone though something like this before. I went in by myself and thing didn't go well. I wouldn't want anything else to happen to Jill or to Julian because of me....
I grit my teeth thinking back to Bedlam Ridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher
Look the point is you'll never grow if you stay and hide here. You'll never gain much ground with the village if they think you are helpful. And worse, what if you have to battle someday? What if your life depends one it or worse your Pokémon's?
I turn to face the elder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher
You probably don't care but him going is for his own good. Isn't that right ma'am?
I turn back to Matthew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher
You can even hang back at the mouth of the cave. No fighting if you want. Instead you could keep an ear open for trouble. Not that they will, but if things go wrong, you come back here for help.
__________________
Brave Saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:50 PM   #67
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,010
Magikarp Update Set 4a

hey so minnao has obviously been slowing down pretty hard so for the sake of speed im splitting my update group down the middle so that people don't have to wait as long. MM, Gary, ABL, and Sparkbeat will be in group A and Iron, Tate, Lit, and Connor will be group B. Group B should be out in the next week. thanks for understanding, everyone!

Sandaa: "Yaaay!" Marissa hops up once and cheers. "Josie, we're gonna see a POKEMON BATTLE!" She shadowboxes for a moment, throwing her tiny fists towards a few people across the way, almost specks on the horizon. Josie, the girl in pink, now has a turn to roll her eyes.

"Marissa, he just said he's not gonna battle. Duh." Josie starts walking that way towards those people. Marissa lets Joe know that they're leaving and you hear just a subtle "Huh?" from the boy. Him and the Marill stand up and look to you for a second.

"Aero is a good Mantine. I like him a lot. Thank you for letting me pet him." Joe says to you, and he reaches into a pocket in his swim trunks. He extends an open hand to you, and inside, there is light beige seashell, not much smaller than a ping pong ball. "Do you want this? I found it on the beach earlier." There doesn't seem to be anything of signifigance to the little seashell, but Joe seems to want you to have it for letting him pet Aero.

Regardless of your choice., you are led over to the kid's family - there, you see 3 adults - two older men who look vaguely similar, with light brown hair and round noses, and a woman about their age, all in some... garishly tourist-y clothes. One of the two men, who you guess to be the "Dennis" character that the kids had talked about, is a fair bit paler than the other, and is wearing khakis alongside his bright green floral top. He's messing with what seems to be some scuba diving gear, trying to adjust the straps. A Clamperl sits beside him a foot or two away, sitting just barely in the water. He notices you and the kids approaching. Josie waves to Dennis. "Hi Dad!"

The other two adults - both in cheap lounge chairs - look up as well. "Hey, kids. Made a friend?" he says, sitting up a bit and moving his sunglasses up to the top of his head.

Marissa steps forward this time, quickly. "Yeah! His name is... uh. I don't know! But he has a Mantine named Aero and he's super cool and he's the one who rode in on the Mantine and was gliding and it was SO COOL! Did you know Mantine and Sharpedo are related? How cool!" She blurts out, and then sharply inhales. "Anyways, I told him you can battle and can you guys battle? I wanna see!" She continues.

Bill, the name you remember from earlier, stands up from his sunbathing position and walks over to you. "Azu and them are on vacation too from the tournament circuit, so we'll let them have their rest for now. The name's Bill. Thanks for entertaining them for a bit. You a trainer?" He says, extending his hand to you for a handshake. Dennis returns back to whatever work he was doing before, probably glad his brother is doing the talking and he can keep working on the scuba stuff. What will you do?

Aero gains 1 level from his experience with these kids.


Sparkbeat: See Update Set 1.

ABL: See Update Set 3.

Missingno. Master: As you ask Maie for both of them to come along, she shrugs and smiles. "No worries, I don't mind at all. I've got some work to catch up on around here anyways." She tosses her Lure Ball and catches it. You notice a fair bit of paper work across the glass cabinet, apparently enough to keep her busy...? "Those boats barely fit two, so get going. Orta Lake waits for no one!" Maie waves you again towards the door in the back, making the choice for you.

As you step into the second room, you're greeted with a simple fishing shack sort of room - most of the floor is water, built on the edge of the lake, and the walls are set with extra fishing poles and one or two minifridges {likely stuffed with bait) sit on the wooden outer edges. You see Jack standing in a small boat untying the ropes to a pole in the building. Maie was definitely right - Jack takes up just about half of it, and there's probably enough room for you and two or three reasonably small Pokemon.

Jack gestures for you to come into the little boat. "Alright man, hop on in. careful now." Jack says, reaching his hand out to help you into the boat. Adventure on your own ship has given you a bit of comfort to travelling in water, but the size difference between the two makes this trip much more shaky. However, Jack takes his seat with his oars, amd smiles reasurringly. "No worries! I'm used to this. We could've taken the bigger one, motor and all, but those kids are having their fun." Jack says to you. and continues, "Well, fishing rods at the ready, right?" Fishing approaches - what will you do?
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:45 PM   #68
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo View Post
Missingno. Master: As you ask Maie for both of them to come along, she shrugs and smiles. "No worries, I don't mind at all. I've got some work to catch up on around here anyways." She tosses her Lure Ball and catches it. You notice a fair bit of paper work across the glass cabinet, apparently enough to keep her busy...? "Those boats barely fit two, so get going. Orta Lake waits for no one!" Maie waves you again towards the door in the back, making the choice for you.

As you step into the second room, you're greeted with a simple fishing shack sort of room - most of the floor is water, built on the edge of the lake, and the walls are set with extra fishing poles and one or two minifridges {likely stuffed with bait) sit on the wooden outer edges. You see Jack standing in a small boat untying the ropes to a pole in the building. Maie was definitely right - Jack takes up just about half of it, and there's probably enough room for you and two or three reasonably small Pokemon.

Jack gestures for you to come into the little boat. "Alright man, hop on in. careful now." Jack says, reaching his hand out to help you into the boat. Adventure on your own ship has given you a bit of comfort to travelling in water, but the size difference between the two makes this trip much more shaky. However, Jack takes his seat with his oars, amd smiles reasurringly. "No worries! I'm used to this. We could've taken the bigger one, motor and all, but those kids are having their fun." Jack says to you. and continues, "Well, fishing rods at the ready, right?" Fishing approaches - what will you do?
Though Keith's request did not result in both of them accompanying them, he smiled nevertheless, for it was clear to him that no feelings were hurt in the making of this decision. "Alright, then," he nodded, before turning to follow Jack.

They arrived in the next room, whereupon Meowth tensed up- a vast majority of the floor was not a floor, but was in fact water. And a swimmer Meowth was not. Well, neither was Keith, but he didn't have quite the same aversion to getting wet as Meowth did. Very clearly, this room was right on the lake, and indeed, there were extra fishing rods on the walls, a couple of minifridges very clearly intended for the storage of bait, and even a tiny little boat, into which Jack was currently climbing.

Ignoring the Meowth clinging to his shoulder as though for dear life, Keith walked over to Jack as he gestured for him to do so, and with Jack's help, boarded the tiny little boat. Of course, Keith was no stranger to boat travel, but the tiny little vessel they were currently aboard was a great deal smaller than the Banette's Revenge. There was even room in the boat for Meowth and Aster, but beyond that, Keith could see room for maybe one more Pokémon, and even then, not a large one by any stretch of the imagination. Even so, Meowth kept clinging to Keith's shoulder, though Aster had no problem making herself comfortable in the boat (though she still remained as close to Keith as she possibly could without him running afoul of her spikes).

Keith nodded and smiled back as Jack gave him a reassuring smile. "Right," he replied as Jack prompted him to get his Fishing Rod ready. Indeed, that's just what Keith did- he produced his Fishing Rod from his backpack, ready to start using it for the very first time. He was as ready as he'd ever be, and awaited Jack's instructions that would help him make good use of this Fishing Rod for the first time.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:08 PM   #69
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo View Post
Sandaa: "Yaaay!" Marissa hops up once and cheers. "Josie, we're gonna see a POKEMON BATTLE!" She shadowboxes for a moment, throwing her tiny fists towards a few people across the way, almost specks on the horizon. Josie, the girl in pink, now has a turn to roll her eyes.

"Marissa, he just said he's not gonna battle. Duh." Josie starts walking that way towards those people. Marissa lets Joe know that they're leaving and you hear just a subtle "Huh?" from the boy. Him and the Marill stand up and look to you for a second.

"Aero is a good Mantine. I like him a lot. Thank you for letting me pet him." Joe says to you, and he reaches into a pocket in his swim trunks. He extends an open hand to you, and inside, there is light beige seashell, not much smaller than a ping pong ball. "Do you want this? I found it on the beach earlier." There doesn't seem to be anything of signifigance to the little seashell, but Joe seems to want you to have it for letting him pet Aero.

Regardless of your choice., you are led over to the kid's family - there, you see 3 adults - two older men who look vaguely similar, with light brown hair and round noses, and a woman about their age, all in some... garishly tourist-y clothes. One of the two men, who you guess to be the "Dennis" character that the kids had talked about, is a fair bit paler than the other, and is wearing khakis alongside his bright green floral top. He's messing with what seems to be some scuba diving gear, trying to adjust the straps. A Clamperl sits beside him a foot or two away, sitting just barely in the water. He notices you and the kids approaching. Josie waves to Dennis. "Hi Dad!"

The other two adults - both in cheap lounge chairs - look up as well. "Hey, kids. Made a friend?" he says, sitting up a bit and moving his sunglasses up to the top of his head.

Marissa steps forward this time, quickly. "Yeah! His name is... uh. I don't know! But he has a Mantine named Aero and he's super cool and he's the one who rode in on the Mantine and was gliding and it was SO COOL! Did you know Mantine and Sharpedo are related? How cool!" She blurts out, and then sharply inhales. "Anyways, I told him you can battle and can you guys battle? I wanna see!" She continues.

Bill, the name you remember from earlier, stands up from his sunbathing position and walks over to you. "Azu and them are on vacation too from the tournament circuit, so we'll let them have their rest for now. The name's Bill. Thanks for entertaining them for a bit. You a trainer?" He says, extending his hand to you for a handshake. Dennis returns back to whatever work he was doing before, probably glad his brother is doing the talking and he can keep working on the scuba stuff. What will you do?

Aero gains 1 level from his experience with these kids.
Gary smiles as he turns to follow Marissa, Josie, and Joe. Joe turned to hand him a seashell as thanks for letting him pet Aero. Gary grinned and held out his hand to take the kid’s reward, responding with a “Thank you.” Examining the shell, he slipped it into his own swimming trunks pocket. The young boy’s gratitude was a reward in itself to Gary as part of his goal was to try and foster an interest in the underwater environment within the next generation.

As they walked across the beach, Gary followed the children over to a group of adults who were clearly in vacation-mode with the exception of a man who was tinkering with some scuba gear. Gary’s eyes were immediately fixated on the equipment, but as the two fathers turned their attention to him, Gary minded his manners. “Yes sir,” Gary greeted, shaking Bill’s hand. “My name’s Gary, and I’m a trainer from the Johto region. However, I’ve also researched aquatic Pokemon from the Unova region where I’ve dabbled a bit as a teacher and a dive instructor. I was just showing your kids my Mantine when they insisted that they introduce me to you.”

Gary let out a nervous chuckle, feeling a little awkward as he introduced himself to some random children’s parents. He looked over at the Clamperl who seemed to be happily relaxing in a shallow pool of water and then back over to Dennis and his diving equipment. He thought back to his days diving at the Marine Tube in Unova and noted to himself that he needed to get some proper scuba gear for his return to Fizzytopia. Snapping out of his daydream, Gary turned back to Bill in hopes that his thoughts didn’t show on his face too much.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #70
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,010
Magikarp Update Set 4b

Ironthunder: Your Pokemon all prepare their moves, listening to your plan intently. Hope takes her position at the edge of the waterfront, watching carefully for just a moment before phasing out of our plane and sinking into the water, a pale spectre glowing from the lake. Her eyes catch onto the Barboach, burrowing a little bit into the mud and she spins in the water, lacing a current of water with the energies from beyond the grave. On the surface, all you’re able to see is that pale glow and purple tendrils reaching out deeper into the water. You hear a whimper from below and Hope rises back up, nodding to your Grass-types.

Anna and Kaitlyn prep their shots at the Barboach, charging up from the environment around them. You notice them radiate a light green light. Caeda watches from above, stalking with talons at the ready. They watch a thin black shadow in the water poke it’s head up - likely about 10 feet away now from the coast, where the fish was much closer before. Your two Grass-types fire off thin beams of energy, and the Skarmory from above soars downwards. But as soon as those thin lines connect, Barboach cries out in pain, a sad, heartbroken whimper. Barboach dives beneath the water, so far down now that none of you are really able to see anything at all...

Caeda loops around a little bit, but no matter how far across the water she travels, there’s no thin shadow in sight within the water. Even close to you, you look into the water and see no signs of life. It seems like the Barboach wasn’t looking for a fight after all. What will you do?


134: Uhane dutifully takes to the skies, her wings struggling to gain lift. She finds enough of it to hover over the canopy above. The green seems to stretch on for quite a while - while the Mints are generally small islands, there’s more than enough space for anything at all to live on them. At first, your shining Rowlet doesn’t notice much: just light greens, dark greens, blue- wait, that’s just Kai - medium greens, maybe some mint greens, grey, maybe some more dark greens. Wait, grey?

You hear a squawk from above as Uhane drops back down. She takes a moment to try her best to convey the information to you - smoke, somewhere further onwards. It’s apparently not too far. The bird points out the direction to you, so you understand the rough idea at least. There’s some sort of civilization up ahead. Although, who knows how friendly they could really be? They’re alone out here for some reason, apparently… Your mind isn’t allowed to wander for long, as something immediately catches your attention.

After Uhane is done explaining herself, you, looking directly at her, hear something that sounds just like it should be coming from her beak. But nothing has moved. A squawking noise that rose above the other gentle hums of the jungle. Definitely Rowlet sounding, your Bird Keeper ears tell you, but Uhane sure didn’t make it. Uhane looks around, turning the full 360 degrees, and neither of you can spot anything in the dense jungle that would make it seem right. Another squawk - definitely from the same direction as where Uhane directed you. With all sorts of information presented (some clearer than others, certainly), what will you do?


Connor: See Update Set 3.

Lil'twick: With the line out into the water, you feel comfortable enough to just relax. After all, it’s not hard to. The water out here is peaceful. The sky is bright and blue. Sure, maybe your current conditions aren’t ideal, with a dubiously crafted boat and all that, but something about it definitely seemed homely. The rickety steel and the well worn wood adds character and risk of drowning. And as you listen to the two men behind you in their low hum of discussion, talking about their families, their golden days, the times like this where they get to do what they love… The location might not matter as much as you thought.

Suddenly, though, you hear the two men cheer a bit. “Hey! I got one, I think!” One of them says, pulling tight on their line. The other drops his pole and helps the other man pull up on his line, but… the two of them together can’t seem to get it. Both of them tug as much as they can, and eventually, Captain Joe steps out of the little roof for himself. As soon as he pulls up on it, in one swift flick, a white blur flies through the air and lands onto the ship’s dock, right in between you and the other groups. You see a small white Pokemon, with a little, mermaid like tail and a little horn on their head.

Yuke in particular is excited to see this new friend, feeling a particular kinship with the Pokemon - a Seel! The Seel looks around the boat at all of their new friends, and claps at the air. The two men laugh. “Look at the little one! She’s a natural around here!” The Seel slides around in a circle a little bit, and waves in particular to Yuke, smiling at her fellow seals.

Captain Joe looks to both sides. “Well, is either of youze gonna keep the little gal? Seems like a good companion, happy-go-lucky and all.” He says, walking over and kneeling down to the Seel. He gives her a few little scratches on his head. One of the two men shrug.

“We’ve got no need for a Pokemon unless she’s getting passed along to one of our kids, and we’ll gladly be around here for a bit longer, so. If you’re interested, go ahead.” The same one says. The choice is presented to you - What will you do?
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:08 PM   #71
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo View Post
[size=1]
Lil'twick: With the line out into the water, you feel comfortable enough to just relax. After all, it’s not hard to. The water out here is peaceful. The sky is bright and blue. Sure, maybe your current conditions aren’t ideal, with a dubiously crafted boat and all that, but something about it definitely seemed homely. The rickety steel and the well worn wood adds character and risk of drowning. And as you listen to the two men behind you in their low hum of discussion, talking about their families, their golden days, the times like this where they get to do what they love… The location might not matter as much as you thought.

Suddenly, though, you hear the two men cheer a bit. “Hey! I got one, I think!” One of them says, pulling tight on their line. The other drops his pole and helps the other man pull up on his line, but… the two of them together can’t seem to get it. Both of them tug as much as they can, and eventually, Captain Joe steps out of the little roof for himself. As soon as he pulls up on it, in one swift flick, a white blur flies through the air and lands onto the ship’s dock, right in between you and the other groups. You see a small white Pokemon, with a little, mermaid like tail and a little horn on their head.

Yuke in particular is excited to see this new friend, feeling a particular kinship with the Pokemon - a Seel! The Seel looks around the boat at all of their new friends, and claps at the air. The two men laugh. “Look at the little one! She’s a natural around here!” The Seel slides around in a circle a little bit, and waves in particular to Yuke, smiling at her fellow seals.

Captain Joe looks to both sides. “Well, is either of youze gonna keep the little gal? Seems like a good companion, happy-go-lucky and all.” He says, walking over and kneeling down to the Seel. He gives her a few little scratches on his head. One of the two men shrug.

“We’ve got no need for a Pokemon unless she’s getting passed along to one of our kids, and we’ll gladly be around here for a bit longer, so. If you’re interested, go ahead.” The same one says. The choice is presented to you - What will you do?
Austin observed as one of the older man hooked a Pokemon. A young, lively Seel. She seemed happy to find a sort of kinship with Yuke, and the two pinnipeds seemed to enjoy the other's company. Yet, this didn't sit well with him. He came out here to get a prize of his own. Something he caught with his bare hands. While he knew his Spheal would be sad, his pride would be only more damaged if he opted for the Seel himself. He did feel bad for the poor girl, however. She seemed like a vibrant and happy type. One day she would become someone's Pokemon. Today just wasn't that day...

"Sorry sir, but I rather catch what I fish up on my own. If you are willing to capture it for one of your kids... that would be great. I can tell she's a good Pokemon." He gave the Seel a head rub. Her fur was surprisingly soft and not as damp as he expected it to be. "Just... not for me."

With a nod he returned to watching his fishing pool. He felt a patting on his shoulder, and saw Wisp looking at him with a smile. He returned one to the Litwick, knowing his starter was simply just trying to comfort him. He knew Yuke would be sad for as bit, but the laid-back, jovial blubber ball never was sad for too long. He'd let the Pokemon play with the wild Seel for a bit, at least. The teen was stubborn, not cruel. Not to his Pokemon at least. Something was there for him in these waters, he could feel it. The key to a good catch was patience, after all.
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:28 AM   #72
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
ooc: WHAT UP FIZZBY?! IT'S ME, YA GIRL, ALICE ROCKIN UP TO YOUR ISLES WITH SOME UPDOOTS. The faster you reply to my crazy caboose, the faster your adventure will go (just ask MM about Whale Island), so buckle the fuzzle up and get your posties in people, it's adventure time!

Median Dia: At your question, the twins exchange slightly unnerved looks. As different as they usually are, they display that eerie sibling connection people talk about, making similar sounds of discomfort before Simon speaks up first.

“Y- yeah. Kind of. It sounds like they're... Up to weird stuff. No good.” The boy adds, to your relief, because god forbid it's the alternative in the secret hideout of children. You came here to explore and chill, not walk in on that kind of trauma, “They sound older than us, too. Maybe we should tell an adult?”
“Then everyone will know where our base is!” Angelica seethed. Simon flinched. Celia didn't seem impressed, either. After all, it wasn't really a secret base, more a quiet spot of the island and one of many near the coursing river. Their lives weren't worth risking over something minute, but neither Simon nor Angelica seemed keen to retreat. Straining one's ears, there's definitely a cluster of voices ahead-- four, maybe five, mostly male and a mix of ages. A single feminine voice stands out as particularly menacing, and there's also an odd sort of squeaking. It sounds sentient and troubled, more like a tiny creature than an actual chew toy. However, for all you know, it might be one and the same by now. Childish doe eyes peered up at you with hope and expectation of solving their problems – and the problem of Living Chew Toy - for them.

So what do you do? You're not gonna leave these poor, hopeless kids to fend against their child-hating narrator alone, are you...?

Are you?


-

Brave Saix: The tent is larger than one might think at first, although that might be down to the high ceiling and how the dim lighting casts its shadows just so around the structure. Within are more people dressed in blue, their expressions all serious as they murmur among themselves. The décor within hints to the religion being researched, ornaments in aquatic and complimenting colours set on mostly-wooden surfaces. You and Matthew get the impression that it's all handmade and some of it very old. Set aways from each other, standing out in their places, are Manaphy, Kyogre and Phione. They look like they were lovingly carved from precious stones.

All chatter ceases as you enter with Matthew, and eyes regard you with a mixture of bewilderment and disdain. Unwelcoming to outsiders indeed, one of the villagers – a tall, stern man in his twenties – speaks up without hesitation. “What is the meaning of this?! We don't have the time to risk researchers and tourists! They're all doing enough damage as it is!”
“Yes, yes.” The elder, stood, resting on a cane of his own, nods his head. His tone sounded dismissive, however. He was more interested in the conversation going on in front of him, one which he ended up roped into. Matthew looked afraid to be pulled into this dangerous mess whatever it was, even if your points were sound and likely meant that he wouldn't need to get too stuck in. “I do agree. Two people are better than one, especially in a situation like this. You could be the difference between life and death for this boy and your friend here-- who I'd prefer didn't call me ma'am, regardless of how beautifully I've aged.”
The remark drew a few faint smirks and smiles from the audience around the tent. The woman spoke next to back you up.
“Yes, yes. And struggle builds character! Besides, why should we allow a coward to research and risk ruin to our sacred grounds? Our rites and settlement demand respect, and if you are not willing to stand by your companions or morals in time of need, then why should we stand by you?”

More nodding and murmurs of agreement, and in unison it all appeared to break the straw in the Numel's back. Matthew caved. “I-- I suppose you're right. I would hate for anything to happen to you, or the boy, or this place...” The guide's tone is still wavering, and one wouldn't be wrong to question his resolution or reliability. “I'll go with you. If only to watch your back, or moral support, and all that. Maybe it would help me learn to battle to observe.” He added, although chances were at his age Matthew had observed enough battles to have at least an inkling of how to handle himself.

“Well, then. Now that that's settled. I am Hao'li, and I am the elder of Cordina Peak.” The pretty, grey-haired man introduced. His tone was serene and grounded, tranquil like the waters they worshipped and protected, “As it appears you have heard, a boy has been taken hostage in the cave systems by one of our shrines. We believe this to be the actions of a radical group that has formed in the area. One of the members has supposedly gone rogue and is acting out. Until now, innocent children weren't drawn into the conflict, but...” The elder trailed off with a sigh.

“We would like this matter dealt with before the group finds word of it, or it might escalate into extreme violence, with even greater trauma for the boy, environment and greater community.” Hao'li summarised, “How is up to you, if you feel you can handle it alone, but safety of the child is paramount and we won't hesitate to stop you if you cause greater risk. I do believe that's a fair way of going forward?”

Well, is it?


-

PikaGod: Your summary is short, sweet and effective. The hunk really must have been concussed, because a lightbulb seems to go off in his head, as if you had helped him to understand something of great complexity. “Yeah... Yeah, I think so.” He replied, hand coming up to timidly scratch at the back of his head. “Oh, I was training with my Dewott. She's a real fighter, she'll definitely be making trouble if she can.” Of course, with all of his Poke Balls missing too, chances were the creature had been sealed away, unable to be found by Speaker. “I would appreciate the help, though, for sure. It won't go unrewarded. Oh! I'm Akuma, by the way. You?”

He offers a coarse hand to shake, but whether or not you take it, it's obvious that rising concern for his friend and Pokemon were gnawing at a scattered mind. Akuma's eyes skimmed the beach, and he finally retracts his hand, “I'm gonna ask if anyone's seen my friend. He's a tough guy like me, caramel hair like this--” Akuma makes vague gestures that sort of look like slicked back style with some stray, unkempt bangs, but it's hard to tell. “Had on some sports trunks and a light shirt last I saw him. I'll be around, give me a shout if you find anything, yeah? Thanks again!”

With that, Akuma wandered off at an unstable, brisk pace, to both be a help and hindrance to himself and society. What do you do?


-

Missingno. Master: Jack takes the three of you out, rowing at an easy pace. The surroundings were tranquil: seagull still coasted overhead, but otherwise it was quiet except for the occasional rush of water here and there. Orta Lake was clear enough that if one stared hard enough they might be able to see schools of fish and other creatures beneath. At almost every angle, there was a distant fisherman perched with their own boxes, rods and maybe a companion or two.

“At least those kids are having a good time.” Jack chuckled. His comment wasn't random. You both could hear what sounded like the coolest fishing party ever out of sight, and you considered that their ruckus was probably scaring off potentially decent catches. The shack owner is still gutted that all of his decent lures had been swiped, but doesn't let it show too much. Instead, as promised, he shows you how best to set up your rod and offers you the prime picking from his mini-fridge. It's a tad awkward because of the lack of space, but once you're sorted, there's nothing left but to wait it out and chatter-- which is interesting for Jack, given the talking Meowth and his weird manner of speech.

Just enough time passes that at least one of your Pokemon might be getting bored-- and Arceus forbid it be a hungry Aster. Thankfully, though, you feel a tug at your brand new rod. “Oh! A bite!” Jack perked up, as if he were some kind of NPC following a script. Can you imagine? “Quick, reel it in!” The elder encouraged, enthused, but that's when shizzle gets messy. The tug isn't tame anymore-- whatever is tugging on that rod has some serious strength (HM?) and is threatening to pull you in or take your rod at the very least. Not only that, but the boat begins to rock with force, and all of a sudden there's a severe pummelling at the floor. This is not the Banette's Revenge, unless by that you mean the possibility of tens upon tens of Banette's trying to crash through the deck and drown you for your sins.

You just came out for a good time, and you're so attacked right now. What do you do?


-

Sandaa: As awkward as you might have felt from talking to some random kids' parents, the parents themselves didn't seem so bothered by it. With how boistrous they were, it was likely that they ran up and engaged interesting strangers all the time. The more one thinks about it, it's amazing they haven't been kidnapped or devoured by a Pokemon far less patient than Aero-- but nevermind. If the distant distractions of scuba diving and stranger danger had showed on his face, neither father was going to embarrass the visitor by mentioning it.

“Oh yeah? Sounds like you might have even got further ahead than me with all that adventuring,” Bill remarked with compliment in his tone. His daughter seemed to sour a little, as if she were upset at her father's modesty. She said nothing of it, though, eavesdropping while pretending to take interest in the ever-neglected Marill, “You'd have plenty of fun scuba diving around here. Could even give the professor a hand if you wanted to do some research yourself-- but he's not having much luck with his own equipment, honestly.”

Before one of the kids can open their gob and whinge for more violence in their lives, they might get what they wish for without siccing the store manager on you. Down the beach from whence you came was an outburst of screaming, and mixed within it was the urgent, panicked cry of a young Pokemon. Seconds later, throngs of people could be seen rushing in various directions, their property mostly abandoned on the sand. Both Bill and Dennis shot up, but the children were frozen in fear. Said emotion only grew stronger as a great, angry roar punctuated the coast. Bill looked ready to play rescuer, but what about you?
__________________

Last edited by Meetan; 09-06-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:04 AM   #73
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
ooc: WHAT UP FIZZBY?! IT'S ME, YA GIRL, ALICE ROCKIN UP TO YOUR ISLES WITH SOME UPDOOTS. The faster you reply to my crazy caboose, the faster your adventure will go (just ask MM about Whale Island), so buckle the fuzzle up and get your posties in people, it's adventure time!

Missingno. Master: Jack takes the three of you out, rowing at an easy pace. The surroundings were tranquil: seagull still coasted overhead, but otherwise it was quiet except for the occasional rush of water here and there. Orta Lake was clear enough that if one stared hard enough they might be able to see schools of fish and other creatures beneath. At almost every angle, there was a distant fisherman perched with their own boxes, rods and maybe a companion or two.

“At least those kids are having a good time.” Jack chuckled. His comment wasn't random. You both could hear what sounded like the coolest fishing party ever out of sight, and you considered that their ruckus was probably scaring off potentially decent catches. The shack owner is still gutted that all of his decent lures had been swiped, but doesn't let it show too much. Instead, as promised, he shows you how best to set up your rod and offers you the prime picking from his mini-fridge. It's a tad awkward because of the lack of space, but once you're sorted, there's nothing left but to wait it out and chatter-- which is interesting for Jack, given the talking Meowth and his weird manner of speech.

Just enough time passes that at least one of your Pokemon might be getting bored-- and Arceus forbid it be a hungry Aster. Thankfully, though, you feel a tug at your brand new rod. “Oh! A bite!” Jack perked up, as if he were some kind of NPC following a script. Can you imagine? “Quick, reel it in!” The elder encouraged, enthused, but that's when shizzle gets messy. The tug isn't tame anymore-- whatever is tugging on that rod has some serious strength (HM?) and is threatening to pull you in or take your rod at the very least. Not only that, but the boat begins to rock with force, and all of a sudden there's a severe pummelling at the floor. This is not the Banette's Revenge, unless by that you mean the possibility of tens upon tens of Banette's trying to crash through the deck and drown you for your sins.

You just came out for a good time, and you're so attacked right now. What do you do?
And they were off, with Jack rowing at a leisurely pace, taking them out onto the tranquil lake. It was very quiet and peaceful, really quite nice, Keith noted. Even though, as Keith saw so very clearly, they were far from the only ones out fishing today.

Not all of it was peaceful tranquility, however- Jack remarked on one group of fishermen who seemed to be having a good time. Keith couldn't see them, but he sure could hear them out there, partying and carrying on.

"Dat can't be good fer da fishin'," Meowth commented.

"M-M-Mareanie," Aster nodded, shying away from the noise. Keith understood- anything worth catching would likely be deterred by the ruckus they were making.

Following this, Jack got things going, helped Keith set up, and soon he was really fishing. Now all there was to do was wait. And wait. And wait. Aaaaaand wait...

"...Dis is so boring," Meowth yawned after a lengthy silence.

"Hey, c'mon, Meowth, we all knew this could take time," Keith stated. "You gotta be patient, and- WHOA!" he exclaimed, for at that moment, he felt a tug at his rod. Jack noticed this as well, and encouraged Keith to reel it in, but it very quickly became apparent that it was a lot easier said than done. "Gah! What did I hook, a Wailord or something?!" Keith grunted, struggling with the rod. "Talk about beginner's luck!"

"Oh, yeah, dat's real lucky!" Meowth snapped, clinging to Keith as though for dear life. "Dat's- GAH! Wat da Distortion World is happenin'!!" he screamed, for now the boat was starting to rock, and quite violently, too, with something ramming the boat from underneath.

"MAREEEANIEEEE!" wailed Aster, shaking visibly as she too clung to her Trainer.

"Gah..." Keith grunted, stubbornly struggling with the Fishing Rod. "Meowth, my hands are full- tap the button on the Dive Ball on my belt!"

It was a mark of the severity of the situation that Meowth obeyed Keith without question, even knowing full well what was within the Dive Ball, and his usual reluctance to send out such a vicious creature. But in this case, he reasoned, something vicious on their side might be just what they need. He climbed down Keith's torso (claw-free, to Keith's relief) and tapped the button. The ball unleashed a burst of light, which landed in the water and formed into a green fish-like creature with a couple of blue stripes running from her head to her tail fin. "Bascu?" she questioned, seeing the rocking boat.

"Pisces," Keith grunted as his Blue-Striped Basculin materialized. "Go underwater and see what's attacking the boat! Taunt it to draw its attention away from the boat, and once you have its attention, let it taste your Aqua Tail, and follow up with Revenge!" As he spoke, he did his best to keep a stable footing, and clutched the Fishing Rod tightly, stubbornly trying to reel in whatever was giving him so much grief.

"Basculin!" Pisces nodded, before disappearing beneath the surface of the water.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 09-06-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:24 AM   #74
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
Missingno. Master: There were many options available to you in that moment, but between two clinging Pokemon and unstable footing, it was understandable that you didn't really think things through. Aster was screaming, Meowth was probably digging his claws in-- drawing spots of blood through your clothes and drawing out a few grunts of pain among the orders. All four of you are increasingly terrified that the boat will just break apart beneath you, the oars rattling wildly as Jack hunches hopelessly behind you.

As Pisces was about to find out, you made the wrong choice. You chose violence, and now you were in for a Bad Time. This was because it wasn't a single Wailord that was trying to kill you all, but an entire school of Wishiwashi-- which your one, blue-striped Basculin had just taunted. And even if it was a single Wailord, as savage as your girl could be, an oversized balloon of that level would likely take it to town anyway. Elite Four material indeed.

One of the miserable looking fish is struck by the aqua tail, taking more damage than one might expect from a move of the same typing. Pisces might have a level advantage, but she's still outmatched by these mad monsters and god forbid they call in some buddies. A barrage of water gun strikes your charge, chipping away at her, but she manages to deal some revenge back-- flinging one of the small Wishiwashi back some ways. It shakes it off, looking somehow more depressed, and returns to its friends literally rocking the boat.

All of this is happening underneath you. The boat isn't quite so crazy, but it is crazy enough that a sudden shove has now sent Jack tumbling over the side with a panicked wail. Fishing was boring and fatally dangerous, who knew? And what will you do about it?
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:04 AM   #75
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
Missingno. Master: There were many options available to you in that moment, but between two clinging Pokemon and unstable footing, it was understandable that you didn't really think things through. Aster was screaming, Meowth was probably digging his claws in-- drawing spots of blood through your clothes and drawing out a few grunts of pain among the orders. All four of you are increasingly terrified that the boat will just break apart beneath you, the oars rattling wildly as Jack hunches hopelessly behind you.

As Pisces was about to find out, you made the wrong choice. You chose violence, and now you were in for a Bad Time. This was because it wasn't a single Wailord that was trying to kill you all, but an entire school of Wishiwashi-- which your one, blue-striped Basculin had just taunted. And even if it was a single Wailord, as savage as your girl could be, an oversized balloon of that level would likely take it to town anyway. Elite Four material indeed.

One of the miserable looking fish is struck by the aqua tail, taking more damage than one might expect from a move of the same typing. Pisces might have a level advantage, but she's still outmatched by these mad monsters and god forbid they call in some buddies. A barrage of water gun strikes your charge, chipping away at her, but she manages to deal some revenge back-- flinging one of the small Wishiwashi back some ways. It shakes it off, looking somehow more depressed, and returns to its friends literally rocking the boat.

All of this is happening underneath you. The boat isn't quite so crazy, but it is crazy enough that a sudden shove has now sent Jack tumbling over the side with a panicked wail. Fishing was boring and fatally dangerous, who knew? And what will you do about it?
Pisces dove down, prepared to take on one big, powerful enemy... and was thoroughly unprepared for the fact that what really awaited her was a tremendous school of weak, wimpy enemies. Weak and wimpy though Wishiwashi were, they still spelled trouble in great numbers such as this.

Nevertheless, Pisces went on the offensive with an Aqua Tail, landing a great hit on one of them. But only one of them. The school fought back as one with Water Gun, after which Pisces went for Revenge... again, on only one of them. Moreover, the Wishiwashi shook off the attack and merely resumed its role in trying to rock the boat. Pisces narrowed her eyes- these dinky little fish didn't even think it was worthwhile to fight back? That one Water Gun, that was all they gave her? Possibly a good thing, she considered, but all the same, she was pissed off- Pisces hated and loathed opponents who didn't take her seriously. Nevertheless, common sense prevailed- she was gonna need help with this one.

"Whoa!" Keith exclaimed as Jack was launched overboard by the constant rocking and ramming. "Meowth, we gotta help him!"

"And since neither you or me can swim, just how does youse propose we do dat?" Meowth demanded.

Before Keith could answer, however, Pisces surfaced. "Bas! Basculin!!" she called.

"Oh, great," groaned Meowth. "Pisces wants backup! Wateva's down dere, she can't deal wit it herself!"

"Well, I was about to get you to send something out anyway, so this works out nicely," Keith grunted. "Safari Ball, and the Poké Ball to the immediate right of it, hit both of them!"

"On it," replied Meowth, tapping the buttons on the indicated balls, both of which emptied their contents into the lake. From the Poké Ball materialized a Tentacruel, while a Dragalge appeared from the Safari Ball.

"Aquarius, save that man!" Keith exclaimed to his Tentacruel, nodding to Jack. "Then try to set up a Reflect between this boat and whatever's attacking it! Neville, go with Pisces- she needs help fighting whatever's ramming this boat!" It occurred to him by this point that violence might not have been the best way to go about this, but Pisces already likely got this enemy good and riled up, so it sure as hell didn't seem like there was a different way out by this point. And all the while, Keith kept trying to reel it in. He was not about to give up. Aster was no longer screaming and crying, but she still clung to Keith as if for dear life, still rather freaked out by the whole situation.

Neville was stunned by the sight that awaited him as he followed Pisces underwater. Pisces looked ready to go in for another powerful Aqua Tail, but the Dragalge held out a ragged fin to stop her. He swam towards the school, slowly, trying to come across as peaceful and nonthreatening. Where Pisces failed with violence, perhaps he, Neville, would succeed with a more pacifistic approach. "Excuse me," he called to the school. "Why are you attacking the boat? We've been sent to stop you, and I would prefer if we could settle this without needless fighting. What is the problem here?" Of course, if their response was to be a violent one, Neville was more than ready for this- he planned to use Dragon Pulse against the first Wishiwashi to attack him, and repeat the process as much as necessary. But if attacking was not necessary, he wasn't going to attack. Pisces, likewise, decided to wait and see how Neville's approach worked. And like Neville, she was prepared to get violent again if the need arose. In Pisces's case, this was gonna mean a lot of painful Scald attacks for those Wishiwashi... but again, only if Neville couldn't somehow diffuse the situation.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.