UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2017, 02:40 PM   #226
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 388
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Meetan – After seeing how strong the hit Lorin took from Frustration was, it became very clear to you that Duchess wasn’t very happy being with her trainer. With this new realization, you decided to stop the battle since the outcome doesn’t matter anyway, it’s not like you’d sell your Pokemon to that woman regardless. The pause in battle caused the surrounding children to get restless with disappointment. “Aww, come on!!” “We want to see a battle!” “Are you scared!?” The children all begin to voice their complaints and the teacher awkwardly attempts to stop them. “N-now children… That’s not very nice…” The children just ignore her and continue with their comments. The shift in atmosphere causes Meredith’s mother to turn her attention back to Duchess to see what all the commotion is about. Once she gets another look at Duchess’ completely ruined coat, she now sees that the fur on her head is frozen and she clicks her tongue in disgust. Then, she notices that Duchess is also out of breath and her legs are shaking, barely able to stand. Before she gets the chance to react, you’re already kneeling on the ground making it clear you won’t be selling Mimi and also trying to bribe Duchess with love.

Duchess stands there for few seconds after your apology, just staring at the hairbrush in your hand. She has never been in a situation like this before and isn’t sure how to react, she can’t tell if this is some sort of trick. She was a bit jealous of how you treated your Pokemon in battle but everything you’re saying just seems too good to be true, maybe all humans aren’t so bad after all. She takes a shaky step toward you and Meredith’s mother notices this, causing her to speak out in anger. “You are absolutely disgusting.” This grabs Duchess’ attention and she turns her head toward her owner. “… Frou?” The woman is staring at Duchess now with nothing but pure disdain in her eyes. “Just looking at you is repulsive. I was willing to overlook your appearance out of the kindness of my heart but then you just had to show how weak you really are. Perfect pedigree. Hah. That breeder will be hearing from my lawyer, you are nothing but a worthless mutt.” She then reaches into one of her coat pockets and pulls out an immaculate Luxury Ball and throws it onto the grass. She steps forward and stomps down on it with the heel of her stiletto. Shattering it into pieces right in front of Duchess’ eyes. The students who were once loud are now dead silent in disbelief. Duchess’ eyes fill with tears for a moment but she quickly shakes them away, she was wrong to think that there might actually be good humans in this world.

No longer Duchess, she is just another Furfrou in a world with many and is not as special as she was lead to believe, but maybe it’s better this way. Pulling out of her thoughts, the Furfrou realizes that there are 30 children and 3 adults staring at her. “Fur!!” She takes off running, adrenaline is carrying her at this point since it was only moments ago that she was barely standing, you see something that she appeared to be wearing fly off in the wind and it isn’t long before you’ve completely lost sight of her out in the Galea Plains. The thing that flew off of her flies your way and you reflexively catch it before it is lost, now that you can get a better look it appears to be a Silk Scarf. “Good riddance.” Meredith’s mother turns her attention back to you. “What is this about not selling me that Pokemon either way? That was not the agreement. You will be hearing from my lawyer as well, come now Meredith. I’m going to buy you an even prettier Pokemon.” Meredith’s eyes begin to sparkle. “Ooooo! There are even prettier ones!?” They continue to chat as they walk away together. The silence is then broken as the children begin to mumble amongst themselves about how they couldn’t believe what just happened. Once the mother and Meredith are far enough away that they won’t hear her, the teachers timidness immediately changes back to being more outspoken like she was when you first met and she accused you of attacking Meredith.

“Alright kids, quiet down right now or else we will not be getting ice cream later.” She has turned into the authority figure you had expected her to be this entire time. “But it was so cool!” Simon exclaims. “Simon, don’t think for a second that I’ve forgotten about what you did earlier, do you want a detention?” She looks at him sternly. “No ma’am…” Simon hangs his head and the teacher walks over to you after all of the students are behaving. “Alright, now that that’s settled, I’m very sorry you had to deal with that woman. There was nothing I could have done to help or else it would have cost me my job but I think you handled it perfectly and also told her things I could only dream of telling her.” She reaches into her purse and pulls out some money and a Luxury Ball that matches the one the woman crushed under her heel earlier. “Meredith’s mother, Cruella, pays me every day to give Meredith special treatment. I know it’s not right but she also bribes the principal so I just think of it as payment for having to deal with her. Either way, I think you deserve this more than me for having to put up with her today, so here!” After handing you the money and ball she turns back to her students and begins to lead them away. “Alright, single file everyone, it’s time for our picnic.” You are now left with your hands full of items and Lorin’s company as you watch the teacher and children leave.

You’ve Obtained
x1 Silk Scarf
x1 Luxury Ball
$500 Pokedollars


myahoo – You feel bad for the Poochyena who is now completely passed out by a tree and know this is a battle you’ll have to give your all. After the boy returns with Wildfire in tow, he decides to turn this battle into a double battle since he is very much done with you and your Cyndaquil. He quickly gives his Pokemon commands and you do the same, it seems that you both have completely different ideas of who should be fighting who but that doesn’t matter to any of the Pokemon since they are going to do as they are told regardless. Scyther begins to take a deep breath in order to Focus Energy and pump himself up but his concentration is broken when Wildfire dives at him with Aerial Ace, scratching him up quite a bit. The Scyther considers trying again but sees that Wildfire is now Rolling toward him, knowing that there is no time to focus he moves on and Slashes at Wildfire, his original target was supposed to be Signal but he had no choice if he wanted to defend himself. Both attacks collide awkwardly and Scyther is thrown back against a tree, the slash caused Wildfire to stop rolling because the blade went across his back painfully, he seems to be doing pretty well still regardless.

Scyther shakes off the impact, it hurt but he’s still pretty fired up and he was told to do a double attack which means he still had one more for Signal. As Scyther dives in to attack, Signal goes to use Soak on Papi but his aim is disrupted by Scyther jumping in front of him and Slashing him directly with a critical hit. He did manage to Soak Scyther in the process but that hit really hurt. Still standing, Signal jumped out of the way of Scyther blocking his target and then let off a Charge Beam hitting his intended target, Papi. This move of course had no effect since the Pokemon was also a ground type and he wasn’t the one that ended up getting soaked like originally planned. The boy begins to laugh at Signal’s mistake since he is clearly a bit twisted. You then ask him why he is setting the forest on fire and he laughs even harder. “Do I need a reason? Also, last I checked I wouldn’t be telling you anything even if I had one.”

Now that all of the other Pokemon have done some battling, Papi decides it’s finally his turn to act. He uses Aqua Ring to cover himself in water in case he needs to heal at any point, which right now he doesn’t. Then he takes a nice deep breath and begins to shoot a Beam of Bubbles right at Wildfire who attempts to jump out of the way but still gets hit in the end. He tumbles and is now quite wet, the bubbles really hurt him but he still manages to stand back up looking ready for more. “I have this in the bag. Papi, use Supersonic on that Chinchou so it doesn’t bother you. Then hit the other target with lots of Muddy Water! Scyther, use two more Slashes on that Chinchou!”
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #227
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,549
Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
lilbluecorsola:
The sun was shining brightly overhead as the heat and humidity in the jungle-like section of the Rose Garden. Despite having taken some damage, Comfey and Iris were in a position of strength having hampered Steenee and Cherrim’s mobility. However, the two opponents were enjoying the effects of the increased sunlight, so Jess thought it would be best to not underestimate them. Looking over at Iris, who seemed as ready to go as ever, Jess called out her strategy to the little caterpillar Pokemon.

Facing off against the Steenee, Iris began to glow a soft red as she smugly taunted her opponent with her Swagger. Steenee’s eyes turned red with anger, ready to have a go at the Sewaddle, and began to Spin Rapidly to shake off the hindering strings and webbing. However, as she did so, Iris’ turned from a soft red into a bright white light, a Flash blinding Steenee’s eyes. Steenee yelled in frustration, wobbling unsteadily from her dizziness, charging forward at Iris for a Double Slap but missed her target entirely. (Again, Jess shielded Lance's own eyes to help protect the poor young plant's purity.)

Meanwhile, Comfey targeted the other immobilized foe and sought to hinder it even further, Wrapping her long flowery tail around the Cherrim. Cherrim proceeded to Grow even further, which seemed to stretch out and loosen Comfey’s hold on it before Tackling both Comfey and itself to the ground. With her hold now loose, Comfey let go of Cherrim and turned her attention back to Iris, offering a Helping Hand as the Bug Pokemon went in to Bite the Steenee. The fruit flower yelled in pain from the boosted super effective hit.

Despite having no practice beforehand, Iris and Comfey’s teamwork was proving quite effective so far in battle. Iris had taken no damage this round while Comfey took a slight hit along with Cherrim, but Steenee had suffered a pretty damaging blow and was still enraged and disoriented. Sensing its partner’s peril, Cherrim looked ready to strike, and with the amount it had grown under the intense sunlight, that could prove dangerous to Iris and Comfey.
As the sun shined down like a spotlight, Iris sashayed forward, winking as she worked her own body to get Steenee worked up. Her sticky opponent became even more hot and bothered by the taunting display, and began to twirl in turn, successfully spinning herself out of the cocoon as she charged at Iris, aiming to slap the Sewaddle silly for such a shameless show of sin. Iris had another trick up her sleeve however – or leaf, rather – as she flashed an image so illuminant (if not immoral) that Steenee had to humbly avert her eyes in humiliation at the blatant lack of modesty, utterly missing her target. (Again, Jess shielded Lance's eyes to help protect the poor young plant's purity.)

Meanwhile, Comfey extended her long appendage towards the other stuck stem, wrapping around its cherry core and squeezing tight. The (de)flower(ed) center swelled even more from the stimulation, loosening its binds and bucking back, ramming hard in response. Its assailant reeled back from the aggressive retaliation, returning instead to her partner’s side to lend a hand with Iris’s own attempt to sample a taste of the forbidden fruit, savoring Steenee’s sap as she sank her munchers into the stalk’s soft, supple limbs. Steenee screamed out, even weaker to double penetration in its addled state.

As Jess assessed the situation, it was true they had survived without suffering as much damage as their adversaries so far, but both foes looked extremely suped up and simultaneously pissed off. They’d have to be extra careful from now on to avoid sustaining some severe blows.

“Iris, confuse them further with DOUBLE TEAM. Then, use your CAMOUFLAGE to sneak up on Cherrim and blast it with SILVER WIND. With any luck, maybe it’ll help boost your stats too…”
__________________




Do you remember that word I loved...?

Mekakucity Actors Discussion Thread
lilbluecorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:41 PM   #228
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Meetan – After seeing how strong the hit Lorin took from Frustration was, it became very clear to you that Duchess wasn’t very happy being with her trainer. With this new realization, you decided to stop the battle since the outcome doesn’t matter anyway, it’s not like you’d sell your Pokemon to that woman regardless. The pause in battle caused the surrounding children to get restless with disappointment. “Aww, come on!!” “We want to see a battle!” “Are you scared!?” The children all begin to voice their complaints and the teacher awkwardly attempts to stop them. “N-now children… That’s not very nice…” The children just ignore her and continue with their comments. The shift in atmosphere causes Meredith’s mother to turn her attention back to Duchess to see what all the commotion is about. Once she gets another look at Duchess’ completely ruined coat, she now sees that the fur on her head is frozen and she clicks her tongue in disgust. Then, she notices that Duchess is also out of breath and her legs are shaking, barely able to stand. Before she gets the chance to react, you’re already kneeling on the ground making it clear you won’t be selling Mimi and also trying to bribe Duchess with love.

Duchess stands there for few seconds after your apology, just staring at the hairbrush in your hand. She has never been in a situation like this before and isn’t sure how to react, she can’t tell if this is some sort of trick. She was a bit jealous of how you treated your Pokemon in battle but everything you’re saying just seems too good to be true, maybe all humans aren’t so bad after all. She takes a shaky step toward you and Meredith’s mother notices this, causing her to speak out in anger. “You are absolutely disgusting.” This grabs Duchess’ attention and she turns her head toward her owner. “… Frou?” The woman is staring at Duchess now with nothing but pure disdain in her eyes. “Just looking at you is repulsive. I was willing to overlook your appearance out of the kindness of my heart but then you just had to show how weak you really are. Perfect pedigree. Hah. That breeder will be hearing from my lawyer, you are nothing but a worthless mutt.” She then reaches into one of her coat pockets and pulls out an immaculate Luxury Ball and throws it onto the grass. She steps forward and stomps down on it with the heel of her stiletto. Shattering it into pieces right in front of Duchess’ eyes. The students who were once loud are now dead silent in disbelief. Duchess’ eyes fill with tears for a moment but she quickly shakes them away, she was wrong to think that there might actually be good humans in this world.

No longer Duchess, she is just another Furfrou in a world with many and is not as special as she was lead to believe, but maybe it’s better this way. Pulling out of her thoughts, the Furfrou realizes that there are 30 children and 3 adults staring at her. “Fur!!” She takes off running, adrenaline is carrying her at this point since it was only moments ago that she was barely standing, you see something that she appeared to be wearing fly off in the wind and it isn’t long before you’ve completely lost sight of her out in the Galea Plains. The thing that flew off of her flies your way and you reflexively catch it before it is lost, now that you can get a better look it appears to be a Silk Scarf. “Good riddance.” Meredith’s mother turns her attention back to you. “What is this about not selling me that Pokemon either way? That was not the agreement. You will be hearing from my lawyer as well, come now Meredith. I’m going to buy you an even prettier Pokemon.” Meredith’s eyes begin to sparkle. “Ooooo! There are even prettier ones!?” They continue to chat as they walk away together. The silence is then broken as the children begin to mumble amongst themselves about how they couldn’t believe what just happened. Once the mother and Meredith are far enough away that they won’t hear her, the teachers timidness immediately changes back to being more outspoken like she was when you first met and she accused you of attacking Meredith.

“Alright kids, quiet down right now or else we will not be getting ice cream later.” She has turned into the authority figure you had expected her to be this entire time. “But it was so cool!” Simon exclaims. “Simon, don’t think for a second that I’ve forgotten about what you did earlier, do you want a detention?” She looks at him sternly. “No ma’am…” Simon hangs his head and the teacher walks over to you after all of the students are behaving. “Alright, now that that’s settled, I’m very sorry you had to deal with that woman. There was nothing I could have done to help or else it would have cost me my job but I think you handled it perfectly and also told her things I could only dream of telling her.” She reaches into her purse and pulls out some money and a Luxury Ball that matches the one the woman crushed under her heel earlier. “Meredith’s mother, Cruella, pays me every day to give Meredith special treatment. I know it’s not right but she also bribes the principal so I just think of it as payment for having to deal with her. Either way, I think you deserve this more than me for having to put up with her today, so here!” After handing you the money and ball she turns back to her students and begins to lead them away. “Alright, single file everyone, it’s time for our picnic.” You are now left with your hands full of items and Lorin’s company as you watch the teacher and children leave.

You’ve Obtained
x1 Silk Scarf
x1 Luxury Ball
$500 Pokedollars
The complaints of the children grated on Alice's nerves, but she had ignored them and said nothing. Hopefully when they were older they would grow some sense of compassion and understanding. Pokemon were living creatures with feelings, too, and as much as finishing a battle to its brutal end was sometimes inevitable, where it was avoidable to throw down such a blow it was probably best. A rush came with fighting, but one had to draw the line.

"We had no agreement, I can't wait to take your money from your lawyer you dumb bitch!" The trainer called out, unable to resist the last word despite smaller ears. What Alice had just witnessed with the Furfrou was nothing short of heartbreaking, and her little Lorin was visibly upset by it. First, a pasty hand reached out to grab the silk scarf, and then Alice crouched again to take the Lotad in arms. She peppered him with loving, reassuring kisses as the teacher approached. As anger-inducing as it was to hear that the teacher had been faking her shit and taking bribes, the money-hungry and materialistic adventurer couldn't really take too much of a higher ground, either. Although, if dealing with a duo like them, Alice wasn't sure she'd even have the patience to pull a long game like that off, job be damned.

"Of course her name is Cruella." Alice lamented dryly, but she thanked the teacher anyway, packing away her well-earned money and a ball that she probably wouldn't use. The owner of the Adoption Centre liked them, and they were a popular and expensive branding, so Alice was sure she'd get something out of it. She waved off the students as they disappeared out of sight for their picnic. Her own relaxing day had been ruined, and there was a more pressing matter in mind.

"No worries, Lorin. We'll go and find Furfrou." The blonde assured. She held the water-grass type up above her head, smiling warmly and giving a little twirl, the silk scarf still partially gripped in hand. "Dutchess wasn't in good shape, so I'm not sure she can get very far. Time to go and give her the brush and feed of a life time, am I right? At least if we know she's doing better, we can go on with peace of mind." The Pokemon sounded his agreement, still a bit teary, and the young woman cuddled him close as she started towards the border of the Galea Plains.


The first stop? The trainer's respite to heal up, ask questions and maybe get changed. After that? Find Furfrou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
War of the Roses



Team Tsareena

Refer to the previous description of Tsareena's domain here. Additionally, you may find the location of your next riddle in this section of the post. Good luck!

The guard’s eyes widened in disbelief as Alice questioned him. He looked a little hurt, too. He lifted a shaking arm to his head and wiped off the sweat beading on his forehead. Alice felt some of it splash against her legs. Alice made other suggestions to him, but the man just shook his head sadly. Farren’s Pin Missile soared past the man’s head and into the tree. The guard flinches, but then looks relieved that the attack was not meant for him. The Pineco retrieves the Pinap berry and loyally presents it to his trainer. There is nothing particularly special about it, and the strangely spicy juice flows out of the berry and onto Ferran’s spines. Using the tree as support, the guard lifts himself to his feet. He looks Alice straight in the eye and opens his mouth a couple times as he thinks of what to say. His eyebrows are furrowed in frustration, but he looks like he can barely focus on his own thoughts. After a few moments, he sighs deeply.

“Just…take this.” The guard reached into his breast pocket and retrieved a folded note. After shoving it into Alice’s hands, he shuffles off toward the smoothie shack, glaring at her and her Pineco the entire way. As he approaches the line, someone seems to recognize him and lets him join them farther up in the queue. Even after the guard gets his extra-large smoothie, he is still glaring in Alice’s direction.

Alice and Ferran unfold the sweaty piece of paper. It reads:

What kind of room has no doors or windows?
He clearly wasn't that close to death if he could get himself up and over to the smoothie stand. Not only that but he was able to queue jump! Good on him, but what a shit! Alice was still feeling gross from how some of his sweat had gotten onto her leg and practically infected the paper with the riddle on. It made her skin crawl, and she wanted nothing more but to cool down and maybe drown herself in the oasis water. Maybe mock the glaring guard with her dead, drowned, not-dehydrated body. He could take his attitude and shove it up his arse.

"Come on, Farren, before he burns a hole through us." She mocked, and her Pineco made a noise that sounded like a disappointed, judgemental grumble. Sure, a lot of the time her rage was brought on by some kind of offence, but other times Alice was just rude. She spoke the riddle over more times than he had spines, making alternating grumbles, complaints or just weird and annoyed sounds. Riddles made Alice want to take her brain out on one of the tropical trees, honestly. It wasn't until she stumbled upon what might have been the answer that Alice actually thought she might have it.

"Mushroom? Mush... Room? Room? Is it a mushroom?" Alice asked, and Farren implied that he wasn't sure. "I can't think of anything else it could be. Even a padded cell has a door. And it has to be something that's actually in here, so..." Tentatively, hoping it wasn't poisonous, the competitor reached down to pluck the mushroom from its place. Here's hoping Alice didn't let the team down.
__________________

Last edited by Meetan; 08-25-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:29 PM   #229
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 631
TheKnightsFury:
As Karrablast charged in to defend the frightened Kricketot, Jayson had gotten what he was looking for, the perfect opportunity for a two on two battle of the bugs to give Spartacus and Trieu some much needed experience. Despite their diminutive stature, Jayson didn’t want to underestimate his opponents so he carefully planned out a strategy for his Scyther and Skorupi to take them on. As they listened to his orders, the two Pokemon prepared themselves for battle, and in Trieu’s case, her very first battle.

The Kricketot shook nervously as the two larger bugs approached it and its ally, Karrablast. It let out a warning Growl to show Trieu and Spartacus it means business, while Karrablast Leered at Spartacus to entice the bigger Pokemon to battle it one on one. Trieu unleashed a flurry of Poison Sting needles that flew and hit Kricketot, who grunted in pain. The young cricket then began to Bide its time, emitting a soft red glow. Trieu then fired off another volley of Poison Stings at Kricketot, who sat there and took the attack.

Meanwhile, things were heating up as Spartacus squared off against Karrablast. Spartacus’ scythes began to glow green, and the Scyther rushed forward, hitting the Karrablast with both of them simultaneously for a Dual Chop. The small beetle retaliated with a Peck, hitting Spartacus in the chest with its horn for decent damage. Undeterred, Spartacus darted back to give him a running start and then Quickly Attacked Karrablast from the side with another Dual Chop. Karrablast winced from the damage it received, but it stood its ground firmly and leapt forward to strike Spartacus with a Fury Cutter.

So far Trieu and Spartacus have dished out more damage than they received, but if they weren’t careful, those tables could be turned in a hurry. As Kricketot and Karrablast prepared to unleash their next wave of attacks, Trieu and Spartacus looked at Jayson expectantly for commands.



Jerichi:
Steeling his resolve to get back to the frail Budew as quickly as possible, Lucas returned Violette back into her Pokeball and thanked the Lilligant for her generosity, as unsettling as it may be. With Petunia and Horologie in tow, he departed Lilligant’s treasure vault and headed westward in the direction of Roserade’s domain. It was a little confusing trying to navigate through the chaotic maze of hedges, but thankfully Lucas had Petunia as his guide, as she knew her way around the area like the back of her hand.

Eventually the three of them reached the edge of Lilligant’s domain and the border where Roserade’s domain began. Fortunately it appeared as if the Jumpluffs and the Whimsicotts had quelled their feud for now and vacated the premises. All that remained as evidence of their fight was an array of clumps of cotton and fluff that was scattered across the area. Most of it was on Lilligant’s side, as a few Roselia were spotted having already cleaned up the mess on Roserade’s side. Lucas imainged the queen would throw a fit if she had seen mess like this in her territory.

Lucas and crew passed onwards into Roserade’s domain, the neatly trimmed and orderly walls of hedges a stark contrast to the disorganized labyrinth of Lilligant’s domain. As the garden was much easier to traverse, it took them considerably less time to arrive back at Roserade’s throne room. The queen looked down at them coldly upon arrival, expecting to see the results of their excursion. Lucas had resolved to keep his interference of garden politics to a minimum, so he quickly bowed before producing the Miracle Seed exactly as Lilligant had given it to him.

Handing the seed off to a Roselia, the flower Pokemon held it up before her queen, who examined it skeptically from a distance. Acknowledging that the task was indeed complete, she whimsically gestured toward one of the Rose Incenses behind her before ignoring the guests’ presence. It seemed as if her business with Lucas had concluded. As one of the Roselias procured the incense and handed it to Lucas, Petunia leaned in and whispered to him, “Something doesn’t smell right, and I’m not talking about the incense. We better get out of here before Roserade realizes what Lilligant has done. Try not to make a scene though.” It would be best to leave Roserade’s domain as quickly as possible, but in such a way that doesn’t draw suspicion. What will Lucas do?



Patches:
Sensing that victory was within his grasp, Kei prepared himself to go on the offensive and finish off this Mankey for once and for all. The monkey was slumped against the ropes, trying his best to catch his breath while Kei shook off the critical hit from before. Not wanting to give his opponent too much time to recover, Kei quickly formed a strategy in his head and stepped forward, ready to finish his opponent off.

As the smoke from earlier continued to clear out, Kei stared down his opponent. He dashed forward, his body enveloping in an aura of fire as he did so. Kei tackled the Mankey down, hitting him as hard as he could with a Flame Wheel. Mankey did its best to retaliate with a Fury Swipes, but only two weak scratches connected with the Charmander before his body gave out and collapsed.

DING! DING! DING! The bell rung as Timburr hit it with his plank. Kei was officially announced the winner of the first round of the tournament. Retreating back to his corner of the ring, where Stufful, Patches, and others were watching, Kei let out a sigh of relief. Stufful, still with the ever-nervous expression on his face, slipped an Oran Berry into the ring for Kei to eat and regain his energy. The fighting was not done yet, it would seem. As Kei munched on the berry, he could feel his strength returning to peak condition, and he even felt stronger than he was before. Kei has gained 1 level!

Still facing his friends, Kei didn’t realize a new opponent had stepped into the ring until he felt the floor shake. Turning around to see what the source was, Kei met eyes with a tubby sumo wrestler of a Pokemon, Makuhita. It smirked and flexed its arms before patting its belly, which jiggled. With little time to plan a strategy for a new fight, the bell rang “DING!” one more time. What would Kei do?



lilbluecorsola:
With two opponents that looked like they had powered up quite a bit and both looked quite angry and ready to fight, Jess knew she would have to continue to play things carefully or else the momentum of the battle could swing against Iris and Comfey in a hurry. She quickly thought up a defensive strategy and called it out to Iris, who nodded in acknowledgement as she prepared to fight. Comfey hovered next to Iris, ready to go as well.

Still wobbling around in a state of confusion and rage, Steenee was unable to see Comfey coming, as she snuck up and Kissed her on the cheek and began to Drain some energy. Her fury still locked in on Iris, Steenee lumbered forward. However, Iris began to dart around rather quickly for a caterpillar, creating a series of after-images in the process. Steenee went in for a Double Slap, but came up with air as one of the Double Team clones faded away. Annoyed even further, Steenee unleashed a flurry of Razor Leaves on the rest of the Irises, but as they all faded from existence, the original Iris was nowhere in sight.

Not wanting to be left out of the action, Cherrim turned its attention towards Comfey and rammed into her with a powerful Tackle. Comfey yelped in pain but Wrapped her flowery tail around Cherrim once again. Her goal; hold the opponent in place long enough for Iris to sneak up undetected from behind with her Camouflage and unleash a Silvery Wind as Comfey released Cherrim and jumped out of the way just in time. Cherrim anguished over the super effective hit and began to spin and Dance around, releasing a tornado of pink flower Petals that knocked Comfey back for considerable damage.

As Cherrim continued its dance, Steenee looked as if her confusion was beginning to subside. While Comfey took a nasty hit, both opponents weren’t looking too great either. Iris seemed to be the only one who came out of that round clean, but Steenee and Cherrim shouldn’t be underestimated as they looked desperate and ready to put all they had into next attacks. What will Jess do?
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:02 PM   #230
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 388
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Patches:
Sensing that victory was within his grasp, Kei prepared himself to go on the offensive and finish off this Mankey for once and for all. The monkey was slumped against the ropes, trying his best to catch his breath while Kei shook off the critical hit from before. Not wanting to give his opponent too much time to recover, Kei quickly formed a strategy in his head and stepped forward, ready to finish his opponent off.

As the smoke from earlier continued to clear out, Kei stared down his opponent. He dashed forward, his body enveloping in an aura of fire as he did so. Kei tackled the Mankey down, hitting him as hard as he could with a Flame Wheel. Mankey did its best to retaliate with a Fury Swipes, but only two weak scratches connected with the Charmander before his body gave out and collapsed.

DING! DING! DING! The bell rung as Timburr hit it with his plank. Kei was officially announced the winner of the first round of the tournament. Retreating back to his corner of the ring, where Stufful, Patches, and others were watching, Kei let out a sigh of relief. Stufful, still with the ever-nervous expression on his face, slipped an Oran Berry into the ring for Kei to eat and regain his energy. The fighting was not done yet, it would seem. As Kei munched on the berry, he could feel his strength returning to peak condition, and he even felt stronger than he was before. Kei has gained 1 level!

Still facing his friends, Kei didn’t realize a new opponent had stepped into the ring until he felt the floor shake. Turning around to see what the source was, Kei met eyes with a tubby sumo wrestler of a Pokemon, Makuhita. It smirked and flexed its arms before patting its belly, which jiggled. With little time to plan a strategy for a new fight, the bell rang “DING!” one more time. What would Kei do?
As he watched the Mankey collapse, Kei almost couldn’t believe he actually did it. As the bell rang out announcing him as the winner he let out a sigh in relief before running over to his new friend and munching on the Oran Berry he was generously given. Kei is feeling stronger than ever now and figures he will finish his berry before climbing out of the ring. Patches runs up to Kei while he’s eating grinning wide. “I’m so proud of you Kei! I can’t wait to see how you do in the next round!” She says as she glances over Kei’s shoulder watching as his next opponent begins to enter the ring. “You’re going to do great! Just remember we all believe in you!” She reaches into the ring and gives Kei a pat on the head before going back over to the log and sitting between Mio and Ciri.

Kei was confused at the mention of a ‘next round’ since he was pretty sure this thing was already over. Then, just as he began to swallow the last bite of the berry the floor begins to shake causing him to finally turn around and see the Makuhita who is completely ready for a fight. “Char...!?” Kei couldn’t believe it as he watched the Pokemon’s belly jiggle with each pat. He hadn’t realized that there were going to be several opponents and is feeling mentally exhausted thinking about this whole situation. Of course, any time he may have had to think about it is gone in an instant anyway, once the bell begins to ding. He doesn’t have time to come up with a strategy and just begins to use whatever comes to mind in that moment, his first move ends up being Dragon Pulse and during that attack he decides he is going to follow it up with double Fire Punches just like he did in the first round.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:32 PM   #231
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
[size=1]TheKnightsFury:
As Karrablast charged in to defend the frightened Kricketot, Jayson had gotten what he was looking for, the perfect opportunity for a two on two battle of the bugs to give Spartacus and Trieu some much needed experience. Despite their diminutive stature, Jayson didn’t want to underestimate his opponents so he carefully planned out a strategy for his Scyther and Skorupi to take them on. As they listened to his orders, the two Pokemon prepared themselves for battle, and in Trieu’s case, her very first battle.

The Kricketot shook nervously as the two larger bugs approached it and its ally, Karrablast. It let out a warning Growl to show Trieu and Spartacus it means business, while Karrablast Leered at Spartacus to entice the bigger Pokemon to battle it one on one. Trieu unleashed a flurry of Poison Sting needles that flew and hit Kricketot, who grunted in pain. The young cricket then began to Bide its time, emitting a soft red glow. Trieu then fired off another volley of Poison Stings at Kricketot, who sat there and took the attack.

Meanwhile, things were heating up as Spartacus squared off against Karrablast. Spartacus’ scythes began to glow green, and the Scyther rushed forward, hitting the Karrablast with both of them simultaneously for a Dual Chop. The small beetle retaliated with a Peck, hitting Spartacus in the chest with its horn for decent damage. Undeterred, Spartacus darted back to give him a running start and then Quickly Attacked Karrablast from the side with another Dual Chop. Karrablast winced from the damage it received, but it stood its ground firmly and leapt forward to strike Spartacus with a Fury Cutter.

So far Trieu and Spartacus have dished out more damage than they received, but if they weren’t careful, those tables could be turned in a hurry. As Kricketot and Karrablast prepared to unleash their next wave of attacks, Trieu and Spartacus looked at Jayson expectantly for commands.
Things were going as expected, the Karrablast was taking a straight forward approach, going toe to toe with Spartacus while the Kricketot was also playing how he had expected. The small singing insect had set up a Bide, neither Poison Sting had managed to poison it so it was time to ignore it until the Bide went off. Instead they would focus solely on the Karrablast, if they could remove it then finishing off the Kricketot would be much easier.

"Stand strong Spartacus", the Scyther's attack had been dropped and so had its defense. Jayson didn't have many ways to get around stat drops but their was a way he could perhaps get around Spartacus's reduced attack. "Focus Energy, then continue hitting the Karrablast with a Bug Bite and then another Dual Chop." Spartacus was ready to go but Trieu was still in need of commands. If she continued to target the Kricketot she would be in for a rough surprise when the Bide went off. The only logical plan was to gang up on the Karrablast."Leer at the Karrablast Trieu, then follow up with a Poison Sting and then a Feint Attack."

So far the battle of the bugs was proving a nice platform for his Pokemon to train. Spartacus was developing his leadership skills while Trieu was getting her first taste of battle, although the Skorupi was yet to take her first hit. How she took that first hit would show just how tough she really was, although Jayson was confident she would take it like a champ.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:17 PM   #232
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
War of the Roses

Team Lilligant

The layout for Queen Lilligant’s domain can be found here

Lucas – After searching everything extremely thoroughly up to this point, you were pretty annoyed to finally find the clue only to have a random man hold you back from grabbing it. Deciding not to be rude, you tell Horologie to use her Mindpower in order to pull the envelope over to you. It’s not like that guy would believe you if you tried to convince him anyway so this is probably your best option. Horologie walks up to the wet cements edge, positioning herself between you and the man, and begins to concentrate on that envelope. She begins to lift it up very gently at first in order to make sure the flowers that it was sitting in aren’t disturbed. The envelope is now floating in the air and slowly coming closer. “Aha!” The man exclaims and slaps Horologie’s rear, breaking her concentration, causing the envelope to drop onto the wet cement.

At this point it is actually close enough for you to grab but you look over at the man first, who is incoherently mumbling to himself and seems to be so lost in thought that he probably didn’t even realize what he just did. Turning back to the envelope, you bend down and pull it out of the wet cement, the envelope now has a layer of the cement caked on it but at least you managed to grab the clue. Handling it with care in order to not get your own hands covered in cement, you slowly open the envelope and pull out your next clue.

“In the forest I got it, so I sat down to seek it, since I couldn’t find it, I took it home with me. What is it?”

Horologie whinnied and huffed in response to the unwelcome butt pat from the odd stranger, her tail's mouth snapping instinctively at the sudden intrusion, but just missing the man's hand. Lucas, trying not to betray his frustration as the envelope dropped into the wet cement, gingerly lifted it from the puddle, carefully opening it to avoid getting cement caked on his fingertips. He read the riddle, contemplating this one again. Once more, he didn't have much of an idea as to what it was supposed to be upon his first review. The word "forest" seemed to be key to the answer. Perhaps some connection to trees? Or wood? He couldn't think of anything wooden that you might sit down to seek in the forest. But the last part was particularly puzzling; how can you take home something you can't find? Maybe something that was on you? His first thought was some sort of parasite or the like, but that didn't seem to fit anything in the garden... He did remember, however, seeing some trees... and they seemed like they might splinter!

On the tail of his eureka moment, he turned to Horologie.

"I think I know where to go next, girl. Let's leave this man to his... work and head to the path with the trees and look at the ones that seem to be flaking. Our next clue should be there somewhere."

Horologie gave an affirmative sniff, trotting after her trainer, but only after a disdainful huff and a subtle tug with her mental powers to send the man's sketchpad into the wet cement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Jerichi:
Steeling his resolve to get back to the frail Budew as quickly as possible, Lucas returned Violette back into her Pokeball and thanked the Lilligant for her generosity, as unsettling as it may be. With Petunia and Horologie in tow, he departed Lilligant’s treasure vault and headed westward in the direction of Roserade’s domain. It was a little confusing trying to navigate through the chaotic maze of hedges, but thankfully Lucas had Petunia as his guide, as she knew her way around the area like the back of her hand.

Eventually the three of them reached the edge of Lilligant’s domain and the border where Roserade’s domain began. Fortunately it appeared as if the Jumpluffs and the Whimsicotts had quelled their feud for now and vacated the premises. All that remained as evidence of their fight was an array of clumps of cotton and fluff that was scattered across the area. Most of it was on Lilligant’s side, as a few Roselia were spotted having already cleaned up the mess on Roserade’s side. Lucas imainged the queen would throw a fit if she had seen mess like this in her territory.

Lucas and crew passed onwards into Roserade’s domain, the neatly trimmed and orderly walls of hedges a stark contrast to the disorganized labyrinth of Lilligant’s domain. As the garden was much easier to traverse, it took them considerably less time to arrive back at Roserade’s throne room. The queen looked down at them coldly upon arrival, expecting to see the results of their excursion. Lucas had resolved to keep his interference of garden politics to a minimum, so he quickly bowed before producing the Miracle Seed exactly as Lilligant had given it to him.

Handing the seed off to a Roselia, the flower Pokemon held it up before her queen, who examined it skeptically from a distance. Acknowledging that the task was indeed complete, she whimsically gestured toward one of the Rose Incenses behind her before ignoring the guests’ presence. It seemed as if her business with Lucas had concluded. As one of the Roselias procured the incense and handed it to Lucas, Petunia leaned in and whispered to him, “Something doesn’t smell right, and I’m not talking about the incense. We better get out of here before Roserade realizes what Lilligant has done. Try not to make a scene though.” It would be best to leave Roserade’s domain as quickly as possible, but in such a way that doesn’t draw suspicion. What will Lucas do?
Lucas's suspicion of this situation continued to mount, as did his nerves. He was only hoping to help the poor Budew trapped among the Sunflora and Sunkern, but somehow he had been sent on an inter kingdom fetch quest slash peacekeeping mission. Thus far, he seemed to have accomplished his goal without inciting any sort of war, but with the suspicious juices squeezed on the seed offered to him for tribute to the Roserade queen, he was concerned that he may have become the middleman in some sort of act of kingdom-to-kingdom terrorism. Lucas felt bad about his involvement in all of this, but what is done is done, he supposed, in spite of his lingering guilt. The ends justified the means, right? It was worth it to help Budew, right? He spent a little time convincing himself of that as he handed the "gift" over to one of Roserade's courtesans.

With a word of warning from Petunia, he decided it would be in their best interest to dip out with their prize and not cause too much of a fuss. He accepted the incense from the rose and backed away without too much ceremony, but made sure to maintain his composure and follow the proper court protocol with a bow of deference as he backed away. Horologie, sensing her trainer's mood, also backed out, but prepared herself in the event of any retaliation, ready to bounce back assaults with Mirror Coat and retaliate with Confusion if needed to facilitate their escape.


Member Post

Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:11 PM   #233
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 631
Two sets up updates for the price of one!

Patches:
Surprised by the arrival of a new opponent, Kei racked his brain over how he would handle this Makuhita, an opponent that was much bigger and sturdier than his previous. As the big sumo wrestler Pokemon prepared to attack, Kei had little time to worry about exhaustion from consecutive fights. As Kei stood there and sighed, trying to pump himself up for battle, the Stufful who had been relatively quiet and timid to this point spoke up. “Stuff! Ful!” he shouted as he saw the slouch in Kei’s body language. Stufful tried to cheer him on the best he could for the Charmander who was fighting in his place.

As the next match finally began, Kei took a deep breath as he gathered the Dragon energy in his body and prepared to fire off a Dragon Pulse. However, the Makuhita had other plans, charging in close and clapped his hands together loudly, the surprise tactic Faking Kei Out as he momentarily forgot what he was doing. Not to be deterred, Kei charged forward, fists engulfing in flames as he unleashed a pair of Fire Punches on the Makuhita. The punches sunk into Makuhita’s flabby belly before bouncing off rather harmlessly while the sumo Pokemon simply laughed. Makuhita pat his jiggly belly, thankful for the insulation that his Thick Fat provided.

Ready to launch the counterattack, Makuhita pulled back one of his hands, building up his strength before unleashing a Forceful Palm on Kei, sending the Charmander flying back against the rope of the ring. “Stuffff!” Stufful cried out, trying to encourage Kei to get back up. Makuhita simply smirked and waited to see what Kei would do next.



TheKnightsFury:
Jayson was excited to see the battle begin just as he had imagined it. While Spartacus had taken a couple hits, both the Scyther and Trieu were still standing strong as they faced off against the smaller Karrablast and Kricketot. While the Kricketot stood there motionless and Bided its time, Jayson found it more strategic to not add fuel for the cricket to retaliate with and turned his focus to the plucky Karrablast. Aiming to team up on the rhinoceros beetle, Jayson called for Trieu and Spartacus to attack Karrablast together.

Now that it was surrounded, Karrablast’s eyes narrowed as Spartacus began to Focus his Energy while Trieu Leered at him menacingly. If his opponents weren’t going to make the first move, then Karrablast decided that he would strike while he had the chance. Leaping forward, Karrablast struck Spartacus with another Fury Cutter, and although it was still a relatively weak strike, it was twice as strong as before. Spartacus leaned forward and sunk his teeth into Karrablast’s shell for a Bug Bite before Karrablast leapt forward into Trieu, hitting her with an even stronger Fury Cutter as she simultaneously stabbed it with her tail for a Poison Sting.

Karrablast winced, but this one was a fighter, as he leapt off of Trieu and back into Spartacus for yet another Fury Cutter. Despite resisting the attack, Spartacus let out an anguished cry, as the slashes were really beginning to accumulate and grow in power. Holding his scythes back as they began to glow green, Spartacus slashed forward, hitting Karrablast with a Dual Chop while Trieu snuck up from behind and hit him with a Feint Attack.

“Tot!” a cry suddenly called out from across the clearing. Kricketot was finally ready to unleash his attack, and couldn’t take watching Karrablast get ganged up on any longer. Glowing a dark red, Kricketot fired off a beam of energy as its Bide attack knocked Trieu off of Karrablast. While the power of the attack wasn’t terribly strong, it was still impactful enough for Trieu to feel it a decent amount.

Karrablast had taken quite a beating this round, but it was far from ready to give up the fight. Trieu had taken a decent hit while the damage on Spartacus as beginning to accumulate as well, although he was still doing better than Karrablast. As Kricketot was now ready to rejoin the battle, it was up to Jayson how to order his Pokemon next.



Jerichi:
Heeding Petunia’s warning, Lucas slowly nodded and took the Rose Incense from the Roselia. It was time to make an exit before Roserade changed her mind and found out whatever Lilligant had planned. Following Lucas’ lead, Petunia and Horologie walked after him, slowly and calmly, thanking Roserade for her generosity. It wasn’t until after they were out of sight that the trio decided to pick up their pace southward. “We better hurry out of Roserade’s domain,” Petunia added, taking one last look back.

It wasn’t too long after walking through the neatly trimmed rose hedges that the group had arrived at the border of Roserade’s domain. Before them lay the familiar sight of sunflowers, rows and rows of them in fact. They were now finally back in the domain of Bellossom, where the flowerbeds were bright and filled with color. Lucas, Horologie, and Petunia hurried over back to where they had first met, at a nursery for young Sunkern while the protective Sunfloras watched over them.

Peering into the flowerbed, Lucas looked to make sure Budew was still doing alright. She continued to frown, having received deficient sunlight and water, but at least she was still alive. The Sunflora leaned forward as to block further view of the saplings. “Flora….” one of them called out menacingly, repeating their earlier warning for Lucas to keep away from their children. “Let’s try using that incense,” Petunia spoke up, offering advice. “If we can distract them long enough, I know a fountain nearby where we can get some water for Budew.”
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:51 PM   #234
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 388
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Patches:
Surprised by the arrival of a new opponent, Kei racked his brain over how he would handle this Makuhita, an opponent that was much bigger and sturdier than his previous. As the big sumo wrestler Pokemon prepared to attack, Kei had little time to worry about exhaustion from consecutive fights. As Kei stood there and sighed, trying to pump himself up for battle, the Stufful who had been relatively quiet and timid to this point spoke up. “Stuff! Ful!” he shouted as he saw the slouch in Kei’s body language. Stufful tried to cheer him on the best he could for the Charmander who was fighting in his place.

As the next match finally began, Kei took a deep breath as he gathered the Dragon energy in his body and prepared to fire off a Dragon Pulse. However, the Makuhita had other plans, charging in close and clapped his hands together loudly, the surprise tactic Faking Kei Out as he momentarily forgot what he was doing. Not to be deterred, Kei charged forward, fists engulfing in flames as he unleashed a pair of Fire Punches on the Makuhita. The punches sunk into Makuhita’s flabby belly before bouncing off rather harmlessly while the sumo Pokemon simply laughed. Makuhita pat his jiggly belly, thankful for the insulation that his Thick Fat provided.

Ready to launch the counterattack, Makuhita pulled back one of his hands, building up his strength before unleashing a Forceful Palm on Kei, sending the Charmander flying back against the rope of the ring. “Stuffff!” Stufful cried out, trying to encourage Kei to get back up. Makuhita simply smirked and waited to see what Kei would do next.
Seeing his attack bounce off of the Makuhita’s belly like it was nothing left Kei a bit frustrated, especially after being distracted from using his move just before that. His frustration with the situation caused him to not even notice the counterattack his opponent had in store for him before getting thrown against the ropes. Feeling somewhat defeated, suddenly he hears Stufful cheering him on and he is reminded of why he is doing this. Hearing the cheers also caused Kei to momentarily tear up, he had to do this for them. He finally pulls his head back into the fight, losing is not an option. “You can do it Kei! If you win I’ll give you an extra special super tight huuuuug!!” His trainer’s words are enough to psych himself up even more, there is no Pokemon that loves hugs more than he does. Her cheering was then followed by Mio and Ciri both letting out cheers of their own as well.

Everything seemed to go by so slowly after he had been hit but really it had only been seconds. Kei pushes himself off the ropes and after regaining his balance he begins to Swords Dance while also keeping a close eye on the Makuhita, ready to dodge the Pokemon if he must. Then he will follow this up with an Ember in hopes that the move will cause his opponent to let its guard down after seeing Kei make the same mistake twice. Then when Makuhita is hopefully least expecting it, Kei is going to quickly charge in and use Brick Break and then Scratch. If he finds an opening after all of that he’s going to try and use Dragon Pulse once again.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:13 AM   #235
myahoo
Cascade Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
War of the Roses

Team Bellossom

The layout for Queen Bellossom’s domain can be found here

Melissa – After splitting up with Vine in order to cover more ground quickly, you both come up empty handed since it would seem that this entire area is covered in sun. That is, except for the gazebo which you had saved for last. It is the only place that the sun doesn’t manage to hit because of the roof causing a nice shade inside so Vine huffs and brings your attention that way, toward the ‘tree’ blocking the entrance. He prepares himself for a fight as you approach as his tail becomes aqua in color.

You stand in front of the unmoving Sudowoodo and think the situation through a bit first, explaining to Vine that attacking the Pokemon would probably upset the queen. You take a moment to consider asking one of the gardeners if you could borrow the watering can but decide that maybe this Pokemon should be given a chance to move on its own without resorting to force. The Sudowoodo continues to look around uncomfortably as you ask it to move while letting it know you will resort to water if you have to. The Pokemon glaces over at Vine who is staring it straight in the eyes while wagging it’s Aqua Tail back and forth. Finally, the stillness is broken as the Sudowoodo makes a loud gulp sound out of nervousness and it begins to move aside. You use that opportunity to walk past it and enter the gazebo with Vine following you from behind. The Sudowoodo, however, wasn’t finished and extended its foot out just in time for Vine to trip and fall flat on its face. You are completely oblivious to that because you saw an envelope sitting on a bench and were too busy opening it up to read what’s written inside.

“Always in you, sometimes on you; if I surround you, I can kill you.”

Please post your reply by August 27th. After coming up with an answer to the riddle, state the answer in your response and which area you plan to explore.
They squared off for another moment, watching the Sudowoodo glance over at Vine and his Aqua Tail. It gulped nervously and stepped aside. Melissa took the opportunity to walk past it and look around the gazebo, immediately spotting the envelope lying in plain view on the bench. She grinned, picking it up and opening it to read the next clue.
"Always in you, sometimes on you; if I surround you, I can kill you."
"Huh," she said after reading the new clue aloud. "That's...probably water, I think. What about you, Vine?"

She turned around and blinked. Vine...was glaring at the Sudowoodo, rubbing his snout with one hand while his green tail lashed like an angry cat's. His Tail flickered Aqua again as she watched and Melissa hurried over to pick him up. Flailing momentarily as his feet left the ground, Vine twisted until he could glare up at Melissa and then let himself fall limp, crossing his arms and grumbling as she carried him out of the gazebo with a nod at the Sudowoodo. His tail faded back to green under the sunlight and Melissa let him go once they were a good distance away from the gazebo.

"So, the new riddle." She read it to him again. "What do you think? Water, maybe?"

He shook from nose to tail and then eyed her skeptically.

"Well, we might not have been looking in the right places, since we were just looking for sunlight and shadows," she said, looking around and trying to figure out all the places that had water. "And I know I wasn't really paying the vases much attention, but they do hold water too, so it could have been hidden there."

Vine nodded thoughtfully and then pointed from himself to the path he'd taken earlier.

"It would be faster to search everything with water if we split up." Melissa glanced around, trying to get a general idea of how many flower vases were placed around the area. "Alright. Same paths and meet back at the entrance?"

Vine nodded his agreement and then darted off towards the first body of water he could see. Melissa turned and headed for the nearest vase. Now how would Peony have hidden the next clue without getting it wet?
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Wishlist | PC | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #236
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
War of the Roses



Team Tsareena

Refer to the previous description of Tsareena's domain here. Additionally, you may find the location of your next riddle in this section of the post. Good luck!

Though they were unable to see almost anything, Chroma and her Tangrowth Berue kindly offered a hand to the exasperated man. There is a lot of sputtering, both from the man and the machine.

“UH. UM.” He panics. More beeping and clicking noises come from the machine as he continues to try and fix it. “OH LET’S UNPLUG IT?!” The man exclaims. Then came the loud sound of him slipping and crashing to the ground. He moans in pain and wriggles around on the ground to find the machine’s power cord.. Chroma and Berue take their search to the ground as well. After pulling at patches of grass and even some of Berue’s vines, there is the sound of the machine powering down. The water vapor in the air begins to clear slowly, and the three of them are just barely able to see. The man, careful not to slip again, rises with the cord in his hand.

“Um…Thanks…” Said the flustered man, who looked just as absent-minded as Persimmon. He scratched his head and wondered aloud how he could go about clearing all this moisture. He seemed to remember something and reached into his pocket with difficulty. He pulled out a piece of paper, thoroughly soaked by the humidity. He looks embarrassed as he hands it over. “Oh yeah uhhh this is for you…hope you can read it still…”

On the paper, though the ink was running, read the following:

If you take a photo of this, it might look quite grainy.



Please post your reply by August 27th. After coming up with an answer to the riddle, state the answer in your response and which area you plan to explore.


With this easily being the thickest fog Chroma (and the less fog exposed Berue, by extension) had ever been in, it was only natural that there'd be a fair bit of chaos involved in their endeavors to get the machine to stop murking up the place. Chroma was the most lucky than the others, with the man apparently falling over (presumably on his face) and Berue groaning in annoyance every time someone else touched her. Vines and electrical cords are not the same thing, okay?!

While it might have taken a while for the oddball trio to unplug the malfunctioning humidifier, it didn't take long for the air to clear up enough to allow for some visibility. It did allow for Chroma to get a halfway decent look at the poor guy, and... Let's just say that Tsareena has very particular tastes in her human servants. The "warrior" couldn't help but wonder how the place managed to stay so organized when its attendees were so blatantly not, but that was neither here or there. What did matter was whether or not this would push bring her closer to the goal or simply count as her one good deed for the day...

"Think nothing of it," Chroma responded when the man gave his thanks. "If nothing else, it should make it easier for other visitors to see in a few minutes." Admittedly, there wasn't much conviction in her words, but the fellow seemed to be too far lost in thought to notice it. Said thoughts did lead him to remember something quite important, however, the young woman was all too pleased to be getting the sheet of paper he had in his possession- it seemed that he thought she had actually solved the riddle! "Oh, thank you! Have a good day!"

She turned around to leave the man to his (possibly) disjointed thoughts as she opened up he paper... and frowned. Persimmon's torchick scratch was hard enough to read- this had the added difficulty of having bled through! "Hoo, boy, this one's going to be real pain. Let's see... 'If y... yo'? You, probably. 'If you ta... tape? a hoto'. Oh! Take a photo! Which means the next to words are probably 'of this'. 'It mi...' Great, that's a real big smudge. '...Ite rainy?'" She sighed and shook her head. "What a mess! I think it's supposed to read 'If you take a photo of me, it might look quite grainy', but it's so hard to be absolutely certain!"

Berue nodded in response, a thoughtful look in her eyes. "So, things that look grainy in photos... Sand? Wheat? Couscous...?" Chroma shrugged. "Seeing as we still don't know what the exact answer to the last riddle was, it's hard to tell if I'm being too literal or not..."

"Tan. Tangrowth." Berue pointed behind them, supposedly trying to give her idea to the answer.

"...Fog?" Suddenly, a potential answer dawned on her. "No, not fog! Water spray! Great job, Berue!" The trainer turned around and started heading back to the original meeting place. "The only place I can think of that might just have that is The Oasis, so let's hop to it!"
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:42 PM   #237
Naruxami
Is Zook
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Naruxami:
Elka was elated as Mochi was able to finally bring down the nasty Fearow. Congratulating her Skitty, she returned Mochi back to her Pokeball to get some much needed rest. With that order of business taken care of, she turned her attention back to the tree branch where the cowardly Teddiursa had been perched only to find the cub missing. Elka panicked for a moment, thinking that she had missed her chance and the Teddiursa was gone, but the brown cub was soon enough spotted making its way down the hill, slowly pushing its picnic basket along.

Limping over to the Teddiursa in order to catch up to it, Elka scolded the little cub for running away. Teddiursa turned around and looked up at her, tears in its eyes. Elka was taken aback, and as she took a moment to contemplate what was wrong with the cub, Teddiursa wiped away its Fake Tears and picked up its pace, dragging the basket along a little faster. However, in its haste, the Teddiursa missed a small stone in its path and tripped over it, spilling the contents of its basket in the process.

Getting up to dust itself off, Teddiursa noticed that it had accidentally squashed a bunch of the berries that tumbled out of its basket. It looked at them in a state of panic, its eyes welling up with real tears this time over the loss of the berries. The berries seemed quite important to the Teddiursa, so this was a huge loss. It frantically searched through the remaining contents of the basket, but it was a lost cause. There were no berries left. Teddiursa collapsed on his read and began to cry. What will Elka do?
As Elka hurriedly limped after the Teddiursa, she was taken aback as the small bear turned around and wiped tears out of it's eyes. Elka felt pity for the small thing, maybe she was frightening it by chasing after it so quickly. Were her crutches too loud? Maybe simply running after it so fast was enough to spook it, she was sure if she was being chased by someone much taller than her at such a brisk pace she would be scared too. As the bear continued to give it's crocodile tears, forcing Elka to stop and contemplate, it quickly stood up and ran even faster than it had before.

"Why you!" Shouted Elka, upset that the bear had once again played her for a fool. She limped hurriedly after the bear once again, she realised how much it actually sucked to drag her crutches through the tall grass. Pascal struggled to stay caught up, as his master tugged his leash along. As she chased the bear, it seemed to miss some kind of obstacle in it's path and toppled over. In it's spectacular fall, it's picnic basket spilt onto the grassy plains below it.

Elka immediately came to a halt near the bear, who seemed to realise that it's once silky brown fur was matted with the various colours of berries that it had squished in it's tumble. It quickly rushed over to the basket and realised that there was nothing left to be eaten, only to flop down and begin to sob. This time, it wasn't fake tears, but rather real tears and a loud throaty sobbing over the loss of it's berries. Elka felt bad and approached the bear, wanting to make it stop crying.

"Hey little guy... would it make you feel better if I helped you pick some new berries?" She asked, looking down so she wouldn't have to crouch --- her legs were tired enough as it was. Pascal glanced at the Teddiursa and did his best to translate just in case the little bear didn't fully understand what Elka was saying.
__________________


tumblr fizzy bubbles backloggery steam last.fm
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: asteiri.#7574
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:34 AM   #238
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
TheKnightsFury:
Jayson was excited to see the battle begin just as he had imagined it. While Spartacus had taken a couple hits, both the Scyther and Trieu were still standing strong as they faced off against the smaller Karrablast and Kricketot. While the Kricketot stood there motionless and Bided its time, Jayson found it more strategic to not add fuel for the cricket to retaliate with and turned his focus to the plucky Karrablast. Aiming to team up on the rhinoceros beetle, Jayson called for Trieu and Spartacus to attack Karrablast together.

Now that it was surrounded, Karrablast’s eyes narrowed as Spartacus began to Focus his Energy while Trieu Leered at him menacingly. If his opponents weren’t going to make the first move, then Karrablast decided that he would strike while he had the chance. Leaping forward, Karrablast struck Spartacus with another Fury Cutter, and although it was still a relatively weak strike, it was twice as strong as before. Spartacus leaned forward and sunk his teeth into Karrablast’s shell for a Bug Bite before Karrablast leapt forward into Trieu, hitting her with an even stronger Fury Cutter as she simultaneously stabbed it with her tail for a Poison Sting.

Karrablast winced, but this one was a fighter, as he leapt off of Trieu and back into Spartacus for yet another Fury Cutter. Despite resisting the attack, Spartacus let out an anguished cry, as the slashes were really beginning to accumulate and grow in power. Holding his scythes back as they began to glow green, Spartacus slashed forward, hitting Karrablast with a Dual Chop while Trieu snuck up from behind and hit him with a Feint Attack.

“Tot!” a cry suddenly called out from across the clearing. Kricketot was finally ready to unleash his attack, and couldn’t take watching Karrablast get ganged up on any longer. Glowing a dark red, Kricketot fired off a beam of energy as its Bide attack knocked Trieu off of Karrablast. While the power of the attack wasn’t terribly strong, it was still impactful enough for Trieu to feel it a decent amount.

Karrablast had taken quite a beating this round, but it was far from ready to give up the fight. Trieu had taken a decent hit while the damage on Spartacus as beginning to accumulate as well, although he was still doing better than Karrablast. As Kricketot was now ready to rejoin the battle, it was up to Jayson how to order his Pokemon next.
Jayson knew something was off when the Karrablast kept landing Fury Cutters with ease. The attack grew more powerful over time but its accuracy normally prevented it from reaching full power. This Karrablast wasn't experiencing this issue and Jayson knew why, No Guard. It was rare for a Karrablast to have it but this one certainly did and with the power it was building it was fast becoming a threat. The Kricketot's Bide had burst, dealing a relatively weak blow to Trieu who managed to take it like a champion. They had to eliminate the Karrablast now, Jayson knew he had to do something he really didn't want to.

"Alright Spartacus the Karrablast is yours to finish, hit it with a Return, then Shadow Break. Spartacus looked back at him, an apprehensive look in his eyes. They had stumbled upon the move during their time in Bedlam, it was a memento of the carnage they had inflicted. They only used the move sparingly, but the Karrablast was proving tougher than he thought it would, it needed to be dealt with. "If it still isn't down go for one more Bug Bite." Now he had to think about Trieu. The Skorupi had taken its first couple of blows and was holding up relatively fine. He knew she was tough but whether she could withstand a prolonged beating was questionable. The best thing for her would be to concentrate on the Kricketot and hope that the Karrablast ignores her in favour of targetting the more threatening Spartacus. "Trieu, Leer at the Kricketot then a double batch of Poison Stings at it."
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #239
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,542
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
War of the Roses

Team Lilligant

The layout for Queen Lilligant’s domain can be found here

Alex – Knowing that it’s probably not a good idea to have your Pokemon attack the Pansage you instead try to think of a way to knock it out of the tree without attacking it directly. Once again, Pridwen uses its barbs to give you an idea only this time you were the one being poked instead of a leaf. Painful as it may have been, it still managed to get the point across and it wasn’t long before you had an idea. After explaining the plan to Pridwen, he prepared himself to go through with it and seemed to be pretty happy with this plan since he seemed to like any chance he could to use his barbs.

He effortlessly began to roll up the tree but was more careful when it came to the branch, slowly easing his way out to line himself up beneath the Pansage. This has grabbed the Pokemon’s attention and it takes a moment to stop playing with the envelope, tucking it under its arm, in order to watch what Pridwen is up to. Once he was satisfied with his location, he bagan to use Gyro Ball to shake the branch. The Pansage seemed to be really good at balancing, despite the unsteady branch beneath his feet, so Pridwen began to make his move even stronger. Perhaps he got a little carried away because the branch eventually gives, the Pansage saw this coming and leaps off the branch grabbing onto another branch above it, this causes the envelope that was tucked under his arm to fall so it seems the plan was still a success. However, the branch did break while Pridwen was still attached to it so he lands with a thud and a branch stuck to his head, he seems to be alright though. You then reach down to pick up the envelope and open it up in order to read the contents.

“With or without words I can portray, it depends on the author whether or not I lead the way.”

Please post your reply by August 27th. After coming up with an answer to the riddle, state the answer in your response and which area you plan to explore.

The human watched as the egglike pokemon rolled over to the tree trunk and began to scale it by rolling up it, the spikes on his body anchoring him firmly to the wood with ease, their nature designed to dig into solid rock. Rumbling upwards to the branch out of Alex's reach, Pridwen took more caution in crawling underneath the branch so he wouldn't fall, positioning himself beneath the Pansage, though the movement of the heavier pokemon caught the chimp's attention as it tucked the envelope under arm and watched with only the sort of curiosity an ape could produce. Upon reaching a stable position, the Ferroseed embedded himself into the wood and began to whirl around at speed, body becoming but a ball-shaped blur as the branch began to shake.

Alas, Alex's plan had but one small hitch: Pansage were agile. As the branch shook, the monkey deftly kept its balance, a sign the Ferroseed took as a challenge as he built up gyroscopic velocity and spun faster. The thorn pod pokemon's speed acted much like a buzzsaw as the branch slowly wore away and started to creak and splinter. Taking the opportunity, the monkey leapt to a higher branch, catching it and in the process dropping the envelope, the sudden change in force being too much for the branch as it broke free and plummeted to the ground, weighted by Pridwen who landed with a thump. Collecting the envelope from the ground, Alex read the clue while the steel type wiggled in vain to remove the branch, unharmed from the landing thanks to his height and physical form.

"With or without words...whether or not I lead the way..." he mused, before noticing his pokemon. "Lemme help you out there a sec, Prid." Taking a hold of the branch and with a foot on the pokemon, he gently levered it off the spikes and placed the branch beneath the tree out of the way. Wincing at the damage, he hoped that Lilligant wouldn't be too annoyed, before returning vision towards the spherical creature, who was rolling around, not at all fussed by what just transpired, a sign that he was likely...

"Of course! A sign need not have words, and can tell a lot depending on the message. Where would we find some in here though?" As the Ferroseed returned to rolling and began to return back the way he came, more interested in venturing down the straight path from the garden entrance, towards the throne room. "Hold on a sec there!" he called out, pursuing the runaway orb.
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:02 PM   #240
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,549
Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
War of the Roses

Team Bellossom

The layout for Queen Bellossom’s domain can be found here

Jessica – You search the area, looking at all of the rocks very thoroughly, determined to find something that would stand out to you. It seems to be a lot of the same, the rocks are of different sizes but nothing is really distinct, suddenly, your attention is turned to a crying Azurill throwing a little tantrum due to its discomfort. You try speaking to it but the sounds of its wailing is tuning your voice out and the little one doesn’t even react because it probably can’t even hear you. Since that doesn’t seem to be getting you anywhere, you turn to Lilac and ask her if maybe she could play some music for the distressed Pokemon.

Lilac seemed to agree that it might work, plus she had received lessons recently so her music was now passable while it wasn’t before. She takes a deep breath and then begins, a lovely calming melody begins to play out, the sound is loud enough to cover the entire rock garden but it’s still very calming. The Azurill’s tantrum continues only for a few moments more until it begins to actually listen to the melody. Becoming quieter and less bouncy, the little blue Pokemon seems to be enjoying this song and is now staring at you while letting out a little sniffle here and there. Finally, as the song continues the little Pokemon has a big smile grow across its face and then it happily leaps into the water beside it, swimming away. Lilac continues to play her song as the Azurill seems to bob up and down in the water to the music, it seems Lilac really managed to cheer it up. Now that the shiny rocks that Azurill was sitting on are left all on their own you take this opportunity to dig through them a bit since they actually do stand out in a way. Moving the pile around you find an envelope sitting at the bottom of it. It seems you’ve found the next clue! You grab the envelope and open it up in order to read what’s inside.

“Where can you rest but aren’t allowed to sleep?”

Please post your reply by August 27th. After coming up with an answer to the riddle, state the answer in your response and which area you plan to explore.
As Lilac strummed her stalks, notes began to tumble forth - a bit clumsily at first, but quickly gaining strength and confidence, filling the air with harmony as they frolicked about. They danced gracefully about Azurill like gentle Deerling, inviting to listen and unwind. Letting the wind carry their soothing song dreamlike across the garden. The creature's cries quieted, eyes widening in marvel as the melody captivated its attention. Its frenetic bouncing gradually became idle, swaying back and forth as its sniffles subsided slowly, being supplanted by a happy smile instead. Springing into the fountain spring nearby, it dove deep underwater before surfacing, still bobbing in time to the beat. As the solo chorus concluded, their sole audience member cheered before cheerfully splashing away, soul wholly uplifted by the performance.

In its wake was left the cool cluster of crystal it had been sitting on, gleaming in enticement. Jess knelt down to thoroughly inspect the piece, carefully pushing it aside to discover an envelope pinned underneath. (She deliberately replaced the decoration to its designated spot afterward, tempting as it was to take along. But she had no desire to disturb the tranquility of such a lovely location's cultivated arrangement.) As she opened the slip, Lilac leaned over to read along with her trainer as together they scanned the next clue:

“Where can you rest but aren’t allowed to sleep?”

Again, Jess pondered possibilities, feeling frustrated at the even further vagueness of this riddle. Certainly, they'd passed a number of places meant for resting, but it almost seemed too simple to suggest a mere man(?)-made construct specifically built for such a purpose could be the answer, given the propensity of word puzzles towards the abstract. Besides, wouldn't they have noticed anything that stood out on their way here? (Then again, given her considerable lack of observational skills, perhaps that was a bit too presumptuous.) Plus technically one could take a nap on a bench, but generally it was frowned upon by society she supposed. Unless... It couldn't be referring to Bellossom's own throne, could it? There was also supposedly a gazebo by the waterlily display...

As her head spun with prospective solutions, none of which she was entirely positive about, she looked to Lilac, who shrugged as well in response. Seems she wasn't sure of their next directive either. So it looked like they'd just have to take a wild stab in the dark.

"Well, let's begin by looking at all the benches first I guess. There's one right here in the center we can start with, as well as those back along the path. If we don't find anything, then let's move on to the gazebo and check there. And if that doesn't work, our last resort will be the throne room..." A gulp. "If they'll even allow us to investigate the throne itself..." She added nervously, wanting to avoid making a fool of herself by asking such an outrageous request if possible, thus leaving it for last.
__________________




Do you remember that word I loved...?

Mekakucity Actors Discussion Thread
lilbluecorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:05 PM   #241
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'
 
Kyuu-Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Scenic Ward #801, down Juné Lane.
Posts: 268
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
War of the Roses


Team Roserade

Refer to the previous description of Roserade's domain here. Additionally, you may find the location of your next riddle in this section of the post. Good luck!

As soon as Eileen hears the word ‘allergic’, she quickly closes the case of Ragecandybars and her demeanor changes. The woman’s bright smile become a stern, thin line. Then a look of horror spreads across her face. Her numbers were already low this month, and there was no way she could risk a potential lawsuit at this point. Aiolia starts to cough as convincingly as possible. Eileen backs away from the suddenly sick Litleo. She started to feel sick to her stomach. Were allergies contagious?

“Terribly sorry. I have to go.” The business woman avoids making any further eye contact with Seiko. She pulls out a business card to hand over, but then realizes that she doesn’t want to give any evidence. If this girl and her Pokemon suffocated to death right in front of her, she would be outed as the culprit right away. Now she was feeling light headed. Was it getting hot in here? “I was never here. Goodbye.” Eileen stutters out. In pointed heels that sink into the soft earth of the garden, she scurries away. The woman makes it to a picket-fence, and skillfully scales it. The Litleo and his trainer finally get a chance to approach the flowers they were after. Seiko realizes that they have now entered a large section of tulips in different shades of purple and blue. The flowers create a neat square, with a blank patch of grass in the middle. Aiolia spots an envelope gently placed in the center, and retrieves it for his trainer. Inside the envelope is a slip of paper that reads:

My head bobs lazily in the sun.
You think I’m cute,
For my face is yellow,
My hair is white,
and my body is green.



Please post your reply by August 27th. After coming up with an answer to the riddle, state the answer in your response and which area you plan to explore.

Seiko blinked in the wake of the dust Eileen kicked up in her retreat. The whole display left her mildly dazed and, well, bemused. She snorted in triumph and marched forward.

Gotcha.

The young woman barely paid the tulips mind as she basked in self-satisfaction a few moments before a gentle nudge to her shin returned her to her senses. Glancing downwards, she found Aiolia leaping from paw to paw with glee. Upon meeting his trainer's gaze, he halted and dutifully presented her with an envelope--doubtless, the next clue! Seiko thought.

"Thanks, Aiolia! Great job." Seiko squatted down to pet the Little Cub, who deposited the slip into the young woman's hand. Her countenance turned sour as she scanned the page. She straightened, scratching her chin.

"Yellow face... white hair... green body," Seiko hummed to herself. "Sounds like another flower to me. What do you think, Aiolia?" The Litleo yipped in accord, his expression brilliant and determined.

Seiko cast her glance right and left. "Alright, I think I know what specimen we're supposed to look for this time around. Do you know what a daisy is? They're simple little things, with petals spread out like this..." she placed her palms against her ears and fanned out her fingers wide in a manner she hoped would best convey the flower's actual appearance. "Though they do come in other colors, I can't think of anything else that matches the description."

"Leo!" Aiolia nodded.

Seiko smiled. "There must be daisies out here in the flower fields. Do you recall passing anything that resembled what I just described?"
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:10 AM   #242
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
War of the Roses

Team Roserade

Refer to the previous description of Roserade's domain here. Additionally, you may find the location of your next riddle in this section of the post. Good luck!

The dancing men around Rotom and Drew only got faster and flashier with their moves. The two quickly discuss a plan before Drew is suddenly grabbed by the hand and whisked into the dance himself, sent twirling down the line of orange shirted performers. At the end of the line they spin him the other way, laughing and singing along to the song. Taking advantage of its ghostly abilities, Rotom easily floated into the group of men and past their fast-moving legs. It plucked the blade from its place in the ground and headed out back to Drew, who was now recovering form dizziness on the ledge of a nearby fountain. The water rushed out of the mouth of a sculpted Buizel, landing in a round, clear pool. Upon reaching its trainer, the piece of grass was no longer in Rotom’s possession. Rotom could of course pass through anything as a ghost, but grass was still tied to this world. The answer to their riddle lay in the middle of the field, being stomped all over by dancing feet. The music came to an abrupt stop. At the table with the speakers and laptop, the tech staff continued to bicker about who was responsible. The dancers finished in a prepared posed, then jogged back off the field as if nothing had happened. One headed straight for Drew and his Pokemon, passing off some kind of paper into his lap. Drew took a moment to regain his senses, then took a look at the envelope he had been given.

Inside was a wrinkled paper that had the following:

What runs around the whole yard without moving?

Please post your reply by August 27th. After coming up with an answer to the riddle, state the answer in your response and which area you plan to explore.

So.

That could have gone better.

Pros: They technically got the blade of grass, stopped inwardly cursing having to get a singular blade of grass, and got a new clue.

Cons...

Drew just slumped back against the sculpted Buizel. Wet and continually poured on he may be, but at least in this fountain pool he wasn't dragged into random dancing. Man, he must be getting old; the him of years past wouldn't have even questioned it and joined right in.

Tingles down his left arm suddenly jolted Drew from his musing as Rotom strayed too close, peering down at the new clue as if hoping to psychically discern the riddle hidden inside. On second thought, maybe staying in water around the living plasma was a bad idea. Pulling himself up and out, Drew flopped onto the grass, water that had clung to his sweatshirt and jeans pooling under him. At an impatient urge from Rotom, Drew tore open the clue envelope, only slightly damp by this point. A single slip of paper floated out onto his lap, much like the first go-round. With a loose grip, so as to not get it any wetter than it had to be, Drew held it up for the rowdy Rotom.

"What runs around the whole yard without moving?" the Ghost-type read aloud. "Well, flip that around and it could mean me. Y'know moving without running. Cause I float."

More than a little done with this scavenger hunt already, it was surprising Drew didn't pull something as hard as he rolled his amber eyes. "I highly doubt they would put a clue that points to you, Rotom"

"Well if it's not me then what? It's pretty hard to run without moving. Not that y'know, I've ever ran. Floating and all."

"Stop trying to make a running gag or joke or whatever you're doing. And it's not going to be literal. Riddles are never literal unless it's being literally ironic. Ironically literal. Whatever." He lay backwards, waving the point away. Squinting up into the sky, Drew raised an arm to block out the sun. "So, what runs around a yard - or more accurately, because wordplay, what encircles a yard?"

Rotom paused for a beat, thinking it over. "A fence?"

Drew took the idea and ran it through his mind. Yeah, that'd work. And just about par for what seems to be this scavenger hunt's course given the first thing. "Yeah, sounds about right."

The plasma Pokémon did a little circle mid-air, taking in the yard. "...This is going to be another search every inch thing isn't it."

With a smirk, Drew gave a little two-finger salute up at the Ghost-type. "Godspeed, Rotom. Godspeed."

All that got was a glower and an "I hate you sometimes." Still, Rotom ventured away with a huff towards the nearest stretch of fence, ready to do a full lap of the yard if it took that.

"No you don't!" Drew called out after him with a chuckle that segued into a sigh. Staying still on the ground, he eventually decided he'd put off getting up enough, and struggled to his feet. After a moment of stretching his sore muscles, he hobbled towards the stupid blade of grass to pick it up. Who knows if they need to keep the clue-things - he kind of hoped not if the fence-clue was as exact as this grass turned out to be - but better safe than sorry.
__________________
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:18 AM   #243
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
War of the Roses

Hiero – After being forced out of the throne room by the stench of some very unhappy Gloom, you make your way to the sunflowers that are slightly spaced apart down the path toward the Rock Garden. As you walk further down the path, Jotaro brings your attention toward a shriveled up Sunkern that was clearly forcefully dug out of the dirt. Immediately feeling sorry for the small fragile looking Pokemon in front of you, you jump in to help, carefully picking it up in your hands doing your best to be as gentle as possible.

You explain what you need from Jotaro as you very carefully burry the Sunkern in a makeshift hole you created in the soil. Jotaro understands and runs over to the waterfall as quickly as his legs would carry him and leans into the falling water in order to collect as much as he could inside of the dish on top of his head. He begins to return at a brisk pace while being careful to not spill all of the water on his way. “Flora flora flora!” A determined looking Sunflora runs past Jotaro while speaking with each step, it’s leaf arms are held out in front of it but don’t appear to be carrying anything. You watch as the Sunflora reaches your area, taking only a second to acknowledge you and the fact that the Sunkern is now buried before tilting its arms toward the Sunkern’s spot and only one tiny drop of water slides off and onto the dirt. The Sunflora looks momentarily defeated but then Jotaro makes it onto the scene and begins to pour a generous amount of water from his head and onto the little sprout that is sticking out of the ground, giving it plenty to drink. The Sunflora begins to smile wide and dances in celebration, it was having a hard time keeping the water in its arms on the way from the waterfall to the sunkern so it was very happy for the help. Once its dance was over, it disappeared between some sunflowers nearby and then returned with an envelope, handing it to you. It seems to be rewarding you with your clue for making it so happy by helping its friend. You open up the envelope and pull out the paper and begin reading.

“What is a Ghost-type’s favorite plant?”

Please post your reply by August 27th. After coming up with an answer to the riddle, state the answer in your response and which area you plan to explore.

Hiero read over the riddle several times, not realizing he was thinking out loud.

"What is a Ghost..." he began once more, when Jotaro suddenly tugged his pants leg. "Ah.. right. Sorry, Jojo."

The Lombre blushed. He didn't enjoy his trainer's pet name for him, immediately getting flustered and walking toward the waterlily display.

"Hey, come on now... don't be like that!" Hiero followed his Lombre apologetically, hoping the Lombre would believe his sincerity. "I need your help here, and I really don't know what the answer could be. Normally, I'd say something like, I don't know, pumpkins? But that's obviously not the..."

Hiero paused. Jotaro wasn't angry. He had stopped in the path and was pointing at the water lilies.

"I don't get it. What would water lilies have to do with ghost-types?" The trainer stood still, staring for a moment before rubbing his chin. "You know, actually, come to think of it... lilies are traditionally funeral flowers, aren't they? So, yeah... I guess it would make sense that lilies might be a Ghost-type's favorite plant, at least given the resources we have available to us. Let's look for lilies over here, and if we don't see any, I assume that perhaps water lilies would make a good substitute for that. Good thinking, Jojo!"

The Lombre stomped the ground angrily and shot his trainer a dirty look.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:32 PM   #244
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 388
Send a message via AIM to Patches
War of the Roses

Team Lilligant

Rorik – After taking too long for Staryu’s liking, they decide that a Water Gun to the face will make this go faster. Staryu wasn’t wrong, the blast of water not only made it so that you now have water dripping from your chin, it also gave you the answer to this next riddle! With your destination in mind, you turn around and allow your Pokemon to take the lead, heading back to where you came from. After a 5-minute walk, you are now back at the entrance, which you find very strange since it felt like you were traveling that path for well over an hour in search of lavender.

With the answer to your clue in mind, you continue to follow Staryu to the only location that seems to fit the description. Fortunately, the path to the fountain is quick and straight forward and you find yourself arriving there within minutes. The first thing you notice is that there is a maintenance man bare foot with his pants rolled up to his knees, standing inside of the small fountain and twisting the Petilil figure that decorates the center. As you approach, you also notice that this man has a white envelope that matches the previous two sticking out of his back pocket. Once you are beside the fountain, the man finishes twisting the Petilil figure and pulls it off, turning to place it down onto the fountains edge which is when he notices you standing there. “Sorry sir, this fountain is out of order but should be back in tiptop condition in no time, there are plenty other decorations you can take a look at while you wait. The water in here hasn’t been flowing so I’m here to find out why.”

After making sure the Petilil figure is sitting stable on the ledge he turns back around and looks down into the now open center with his flashlight. “Ah! The pump is completely clogged!” He hops out of the fountain and bends down, digging through a tool bag he has sitting on the ground. “Welp, this is going to be a long day. I didn’t bring the proper tools for something like this, but I’ve got to get the job done somehow...” He then pulls out two screw drivers and gets back into the water fountain and sticks the screwdrivers into the hole at the top, using them in a way similar to a pair of chopsticks as he attempts to pull whatever is stuck in there, out. He doesn’t appear to be making any progress so this is probably going to take all day and you can’t help but stare at that envelope in his back pocket.

Lucas – Horologie made it very clear that she was not happy about that uninvited slap and her tail nearly bit the man’s hand off but thankfully, she missed. Meanwhile, after carefully opening the cement covered envelope you stand there for a few moments trying to figure out the answer to this next riddle. Eventually, you reach your answer and immediately know of a place that fits the description, calling Horologie to follow. She goes to do just that but takes a moment to get a little bit of revenge on the way. The man’s clipboard flies out of his hands and onto the wet cement just as she planned. “They’re ruined!” A voice yells out behind you.

As you go back the way you came, you pass the fountain you once searched which appears to now be getting repairs as well as your teammate Rorik whose attention seems to be fixed on the man at work. Deciding not to bother them, you continue on and follow the gravel path that leads toward the tree that you believe is your answer. The path was just as straight forward as the other path you took that had led you to the wet cement. As you approach the tree you notice an envelope sitting on the ground in the open right next to it. You walk up to it and bend down to grab the envelope when suddenly, it disappears! You stand back up and see a Pansage carrying the envelope as it begins to climb the tree, little do you know, this Pansage did this exact same thing to your teammate earlier. Only this time, things go a little differently for the mischievous monkey. Half way up the trunk the Pansage lets out a small squeak of pain before immediately climbing back down to your level. It places the envelope back onto the ground and then sits directly on top it with tears in its eyes while staring at one of its hands. It would seem that the Pansage is now experiencing a splinter of its very own, all while using the envelope you need as a seat.

Alex – Even though it didn’t go exactly as planned, you were still able to get your hands on the next clue which is what really matters in the end. After assisting Pridwen by using leverage to pull the branch off of him, he begins to happily roll around without a single care about what just went down. Once you’re done cringing about the slight mess your Pokemon made, you start watching Pridwen again and his behavior helps you figure out the answer you’ve been looking for!

With the sign in mind, Pridwen begins to take the lead as he begins to head back toward the way you came. The Pokemon is quickly creating distance between you so you begin to take chase before losing sight of him. While on your way out of this section, you can’t help but notice that your teammate Lucas appears to currently be dealing with the very same Pansage you had trouble with earlier. Not wanting Pridwen to get away, you don’t have time to stop and help so you continue after the orb shaped Pokemon even passing your other teammate Rorik by the water fountain. You also take a moment to think about how strange it is that the gravel path was completely straight forward on your way back, didn’t you suffer through an entire maze on your way through the first time? Finally, Pridwen stops right in front of your target, the sign that tells guests that this is the way to Queen Lilligant’s throne room. There’s a lot of empty space around the words on this sign and there appears to be a woman trying to attach a piece of paper with a printed notice about construction to it with tape and they seem to be having a hard time getting it to stick. However, once you get a closer look, you see the envelope that you need sticking out of the sign at the top! As you go to approach in order to grab your envelope the woman drops her notice and bends down to pick it up right in front of you, blocking your way for a moment. When she stands back up she shifts so that now she is standing right in front of you as she continues to try and attach the notice. You attempt to go around her but she seems to have the most perfect timing with her movements, blocking you every time. Once she finally notices you, she gives you forced smile which shows that she is clearly a bit frustrated at the moment. “Sorry sir, I’ll be out of your way once I get this notice up. It’s important that guests are aware of the current construction going on in the garden so that they can plan accordingly.” After letting you know the situation, she turns back to the sign and continues to fail at getting that notice to stick.

Please post your reply by September 3rd. Please continue to use the Pokemon you chose at the beginning of this round.

Team Bellossom

Melissa – After reading your clue you turn around to see that Vine appears to be quite bothered by the Sudowoodo although you aren’t sure why. You decide to pick up Vine and carry him away from the Pokemon that seems to bother him so much before settling down and going over the riddle with him once again. You both seem to agree that water is the answer to this one and decide that it’d probably be best to split up this time in order to cover more ground. Vine runs off to another area of the garden as you begin to search the vases in this area while wondering whether the next clue is going to be dry or not.

You try your best to thoroughly search these vases as you carefully shift the flowers around and peek inside. The inside of each vase is very dark and the flowers create even more of a shadow so you aren’t even sure whether or not you’re just missing it because it’s hard to see. You are also making sure to check each individual flower just in case it’s mixed in with them. You look the outside of the vases over but they are way too heavy for you to move easily so you hope that it’s not hidden underneath one of them. After looking through your third vase, you hear a loud crash from nearby and turn your head toward it. There is a girl who appears to be in her teens standing next to a very large vase that has fallen over and is now split completely in half. “Oh no!!” The girl begins to frantically gather the flowers that had fallen out of the vase back together. Vine heard the crash and quickly runs back to your area in order to make sure you’re alright. You approach the girl and at this point she has pulled some super glue out of her purse and is lining the broken edge of one half with the glue. After she finishes applying glue, she begins to bring the halves together but seems to be struggling to hold them together long enough for the glue to set due to the weight of such a large vase. “Come onnnn! I have to fix this! I don’t want to be the person that ruins such a pretty garden…” She seems to be having a really hard time but you notice that on top of the flowers that she had gathered next to her, is a pink envelope inside of a sealed Ziploc bag.

Jessica – Lilac’s song was a total hit for the Azurill who seemed to have forgotten that it was upset in the first place with how happy it looked dancing along with the melody. After the Azurill is gone, you take a moment to inspect the pretty stones that it was sitting on top of and it doesn’t take you long at all to find the clue you had been searching for. After reading it, you’re a bit frustrated that this riddle seems to be even more vague than the last but you do at least seem to find a solution of some kind rather quickly, though you’re a bit doubtful. Once you’re done thinking it over you decide to stick with the answer you came up with and begin exploring the benches of the area, hoping that you’ll find something before you’re forced to resort to asking the Queen herself if you are allowed to search her throne. Cringing at that thought, you put it in the back of your mind and proceed to the first bench you see.

The first bench is in a small clearing on your way back toward the entrance. You carefully look through the small flowerbed that is set up behind the bench with no luck and then examine the bench directly. You don’t find anything that stands out so you decide to continue along the path until you finally reach the wide-open entrance that has a few benches surrounding a large flower display in the center. As you arrive, you are careful about staying out of the way of a couple of gardeners with leaf blowers who are gathering leaves that have been carried over here on the wind from other sections of the garden. Once you are clear of their space, you glance around the area and one of the benches stands out to you immediately, and that is because a sign of some sort is placed in front of it, it’s surrounded by caution tape, and a man is also standing by it. Since it’s the only bench in this area that stands out to you at first glance, you decide you should probably check over there first and begin to approach. Once you are close, you can see that the sign says “Wet Paint” which explains the caution tape, probably to make sure people notice the sign and keep their distance from it as it dries. This bench does stand out but not for the reason you were hoping and you prepare to search another bench but then something catches your eye. There is a pink envelope sitting directly underneath the bench, looks like this is the place you were looking for after all. You can tell that as long as you’re careful, you can easily grab that envelope without disturbing the wet paint on the bench.

You prepare yourself to cross the caution tape but the man who was standing nearby notices what you’re about to do and approaches. “Sorry miss, I’m not letting anyone near this bench until this paint is dry. The last time I painted a bench and left it alone someone ignored the sign and sat directly on it and guess who had to come back to work after their shift was over in order to fix it? That’s right, me. I am not about to miss out on the season finale of Game of Throh’s because of somebody deciding that out of all the benches that this park has to offer, the one surrounded by caution tape is the place their going to sit. No way. Not going to happen tonight.” The guard continues to ramble on about how the last time this happened it caused him to miss the season premiere of Dancing with the Staryu’s and you aren’t even sure if he’s still talking to you or just himself at this point but one thing that is very clear is that this man has no intention of letting you anywhere near that bench anytime soon.

Hiero – After repeatedly reading the riddle out loud, Jotaro began to tug on your pant leg in order to snap you out of the trance you seemed to be in. He wasn’t prepared for the fact that it would trigger you to use his embarrassing nickname out loud in public for everyone around you to hear. In order to play off this uncomfortable situation he began to casually walk away, leading you toward the waterlily display. You follow along apologetically until you reach the display area and find out that Jotaro wasn’t upset with you, he just wanted to show you what he thought the answer was.

As you enter the open area, you see your teammate Melissa on the farthest side away from you looking at vases. She is clearly hard at work in search of her own clue so you decide to waste no time and begin to do the same. After carefully searching the flowers that are displayed in pots and as decoration on the ground, you don’t come across any actual lilies. Since it is now clear that there are no regular lilies over here, you begin to search each of the pools that have waterlilies decorating the water as well as lily pads. After taking a decent amount of time to search, you come up empty handed, there is nothing over here that appears to be of any use for your scavenger hunt. You begin to take a moment to rethink your answer but then you hear a small splashing sound behind you which grabs your attention. When you turn around to see what caused the sound, you notice that there is a lily pad floating in the center of one of the nearby pools of water with a pink envelope sitting on it plain as day. You could have sworn you searched every inch of this place, how could you miss something so obvious? Regardless, you need that envelope and there it is, so of course you walk over in order to grab it. Except there is one problem. You are now standing at the edge of the water and that lily pad is a bit too far away to reach yourself. Also, now that you’re closer you can also tell that half of the envelope is hanging off of the edge of the lily pad and if you cause the water to ripple too much there is a good chance it’s going to fall in and get wet.

Please post your reply by September 3rd. Please continue to use the Pokemon you chose at the beginning of this round.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:13 AM   #245
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post


Rorik – After taking too long for Staryu’s liking, they decide that a Water Gun to the face will make this go faster. Staryu wasn’t wrong, the blast of water not only made it so that you now have water dripping from your chin, it also gave you the answer to this next riddle! With your destination in mind, you turn around and allow your Pokemon to take the lead, heading back to where you came from. After a 5-minute walk, you are now back at the entrance, which you find very strange since it felt like you were traveling that path for well over an hour in search of lavender.

With the answer to your clue in mind, you continue to follow Staryu to the only location that seems to fit the description. Fortunately, the path to the fountain is quick and straight forward and you find yourself arriving there within minutes. The first thing you notice is that there is a maintenance man bare foot with his pants rolled up to his knees, standing inside of the small fountain and twisting the Petilil figure that decorates the center. As you approach, you also notice that this man has a white envelope that matches the previous two sticking out of his back pocket. Once you are beside the fountain, the man finishes twisting the Petilil figure and pulls it off, turning to place it down onto the fountains edge which is when he notices you standing there. “Sorry sir, this fountain is out of order but should be back in tiptop condition in no time, there are plenty other decorations you can take a look at while you wait. The water in here hasn’t been flowing so I’m here to find out why.”

After making sure the Petilil figure is sitting stable on the ledge he turns back around and looks down into the now open center with his flashlight. “Ah! The pump is completely clogged!” He hops out of the fountain and bends down, digging through a tool bag he has sitting on the ground. “Welp, this is going to be a long day. I didn’t bring the proper tools for something like this, but I’ve got to get the job done somehow...” He then pulls out two screw drivers and gets back into the water fountain and sticks the screwdrivers into the hole at the top, using them in a way similar to a pair of chopsticks as he attempts to pull whatever is stuck in there, out. He doesn’t appear to be making any progress so this is probably going to take all day and you can’t help but stare at that envelope in his back pocket.
The first thing Rorik notices, to his profound astonishment, is thst the fountain caretaker is an ordinary looking man. And there was nothing wrong with being "ordinary", but...

"O-oh, hello! My name is Rorik," said the Professor, struggling as always to make small talk. " I didn't realize Queen Lilligant employed humans in her realm to begin with! Well, you... You are being paid to work for her, r-right?"

Because the alternative to that would be that the man had been enslaved by the ruling Pokemon, and Rorik really didn't want to find himself in the same position, should his team lose. The very thought was... deeply unsettling to say the least, so he made a conscious effort to think of something else entirely.

"Th-these are some lovely figures! Lovely fountains actually, lovely garden." How he'd managed to say lovely three times instead of messy, his actual opinion of the whole thing, was a miracle. "I guess I'll wait then, no problem! Take your time, good man."

It wasn't until Rorik took a step back that he was certain - the gardener most definitely had the next clue in his possession. In his back pocket to be precise, which was a place Rorik himself would never use to store important documents, but to each his own.

Still, maintenance did seem to be taking ages. Not even two simultaneous screwdrivers and the man's expertise seemed to get the job done, and the Professor's patience was withering. Besides...

I wonder if he will be punished for failing to repair that fountain. If he'll be... flogged with Vine Whips, or worse... Oh dear. Maybe I...

His mind made up, he finally spoke up, clearing his throat beforehand to make sure he got the gardener's attention.

"Good sir, if I may? I think I should be able to help," he said cautiously, not wanting to offend the professional. "You see, I have a partner who is very skilled at clearing out unwanted debris..."

Dropping to one knee, he whispered his instructions to the ever-dependable Staryu.

"I'm afraid you'll have to get a little dirty... I need you to Minimize to get inside that pipe, then clear out the clogging with Rapid Spin, or even Gyro Ball if it's particularly stuck. That should help us gain precious time in restoring the fountain's water flow!"

Rorik was still unsure, but why wouldn't it work? The maneuver could clear out all manner of hazards, from nagging spikes to stealthy boulders... Surely it could remove a bit of garbage from a pipe? Well... at least he hoped it could...
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:59 PM   #246
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 176
War of the Roses

Team Tsareena

Meetan:

Leaving your frustrations with the thirsty guard in the past, you focused yourself on your next riddle. You wandered throughout the tropical domain with your Pineco, looking for something that might give you a hint. At the base of a tree with a twisted trunk, you spot a patch of what you were looking for. The mushrooms are tightly attached to the tree, and look to be hungrily sapping its nutrients. They come in several colors, ranging from off white to dark, poisonous looking red. You reach for your signature color, pink, but are startled by a voice from behind you.

“Wait don’t!” Someone beside you pushes your hand away before the mushroom lets out a bright light. It is a girl in a lab coat similar to Persimmon’s, but she looks comparatively much neater. She makes eye contact with you through red frames before spores lightly dust over her skin. “Oh…that’s not good,” she mumbles, then woozily falls to the ground. You and Farren reach down to check on her, and find that she is just sleeping. In the pocket of her lab coat there is a slip of paper, sticking out just enough for you to read “ICE”. The mushroom she had fallen victim to jumped up out of the ground, revealing a cute face with two black eyes. Angry eyes. The Pokemon scrambles up on to the girl with its three tiny legs. It latches itself on to her face, and glows brightly as it begins to drain her energy. You notice this one is rather tiny, but definitely has enough determination to get its fill from its human victim.

Median Dia:

You traverse back through the low visibility and are relieved when you can start seeing more than three feet in front of you again. Berue led the way, having an answer the two of you felt was the most fitting. You soon came upon the oasis which was fairly populated with people and Pokemon alike. Some noticed you as a participant of the War of the Roses and gave you a wave. The water of the oasis sparkled brightly, and as your feet touched the soft sand of its shore you were almost blinded by the reflection of the sun.

“PI PI PIPI!” A loud beep came from your left. You see a person crouched next to you, holding two rods in their hands. A beam of light came from each, forming an X right over your shoe. The device had alerted its owner to your partially buried foot in the sand, and was beeping away at its finding.

“Oh…Sorry,” The woman stopped digging in the sand around your foot. She stood and squinted at you. She wore an orange sweater that looked much too hot for this weather. “I lost my glasses…and it looks like a lot of other people lost things here as well. Or maybe they were placed here? I don’t know. Anyway, I’ll get out of your way…” She sadly began to walk away, the rods in her hands returning to a steady pattern of beeps. After a few steps, the rods direct her to another spot where she digs up an empty Potion bottle. Politely, she covers the item back up, creating a mound of sand. Now that you took more of a look around, you could see that she had created several of these mounds where she had found something other than her glasses and tried to return it to its place.

Please post your reply by September 3rd. Please continue to use the Pokemon you chose at the beginning of this round.

Team Roserade

Kyuu-Tales:

With your next flower in mind, you continue your search in the flower fields. You and Aiolia both kept an eye out for the white flowers, but were still careful to not bump into anyone standing around again. Remembering the organization by color, you follow the path to the section of pale white lilies and daffodils. Knowing daisies are rather small, you kneel down to look closely at each patch of flowers. Strangely, you spot a gap in the flowers where it looks like some of them have been picked. As you question this, a toy microphone is suddenly shoved into your face. Two children stand above you, one holding the microphone and the other holding a cardboard box as if it was a camera. At their side is a Spinarak holding a surprisingly accurate recreation of a boom mic in its small pincers.

“Hi! Do you have time for a quick interview?” The young news anchor asks. On her head is a crown made of daisies. Her cameraman has a matching one around his neck, and the Spinarak has one placed delicately on its head. The little girl has a piece of paper in her hand with several questions written on it in crayon. Still new to journalism, she rattles off all of the questions at once. “What’s your name? Do you like being a Pokemon Trainer? What’s your favorite color? Do you like flowers? What’s your favorite flower?” After a while she seems to get off script. “Can I pet your Litleo? Will you be our big sister? Where do babies come from?” With the last question, the kids look at you with a big grin.

Rotom310:

You remove yourself from the refreshing fountain and look over your next riddle with your Pokemon. You quickly settle on an answer and prepare yourself for your next search. Figuring that the fence would most likely run along the outskirts of the field, you made your way away from the loud groups of people still talking about the sudden dancing that happened. You spot a white picket fence not too far in the distance. You and Rotom follow it, looking carefully for anything that might show you had found the right answer. You come to a gap in the fence. However, the gap looks unplanned, with nails and scraps of wood littering the ground. A loud cry and the sound of something crashing to the ground comes from behind you. You turn to see a small gray and pink Pokemon on the ground. Surrounding it was a scrambled pile of fence posts and buckets of nails. After clearing the tears that welled up in its eyes, the Pokemon picks itself up and begins to collect the wood once more. It stacks up each piece into its small arms on top of a square piece of wood that it looked unwilling to put down. With each piece that it stacks, it wobbles a bit and strains to carry the weight. It finishes up with the tower of wood in one arm, then picks up the bucket of nails with the other. After a few shaky steps, the Pokemon again falls to the ground along with all of its materials with the cry of “Timburr!!” Despite its continuing failure, the Muscular Pokemon again tried to gather up the wood for the fence.


Please post your reply by September 3rd. Please continue to use the Pokemon you chose at the beginning of this round.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:45 PM   #247
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,542
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Raves:

Herex scuttled away from her duty of hedge clearing to the patch of flowers you directed her toward. She lowered her head to get a closer look, tilting it in different directions. After a few moments of the flowers remaining unmoving, the Drapion looked at you again with a shrug. In the corner of her eye, Herex spotted movement. She jolted back to the flowers and looked at them suspiciously. She was unsure if she had just been seeing things, but she knew she had to check just one more time. Carefully, she touched a claw to the top of a flower. It jumped at her touch and Herex recoiled in surprise. The flowers began to raise from the ground, revealing thick stalks. Two orange figures popped out of the dirt, black eyes staring at Herex. The Pokemon squealed in horror at the purple beast looming over them. Before they could get away, Herex Confided in the small Bug-types. She conveyed to them a quick apology before explaining what you and your Pokemon were up to.

“Paras?” The two Pokemon looked at Herex skeptically. They looked to each other, and after some quiet chatting amongst the two of them, they both shrugged. The Paras turned back to the hole they had been buried in, and grasped some of the grass around the edge of it with their claws. Together, they pulled back a large square of grass. A hole was revealed, a slope leading into a musty, underground tunnel. It was dark, but you could see a faint glowing light in the distance. The Paras both looked at you and your Pokemon, gesturing into the hole. It was big enough for all of you to fit into, with a little bit of crawling, but was it right to trust these tochukaso-carrying strangers?
Scuttling over to the flower bed, Herex began to scrutinise the plants there while Alex looked over the tracks once again, leading away from the patch. The Parasect was easily a priority, but he couldn't help but feel as though there was something going on here. A few moments later the Drapion raised her head and gave a shrug, before quickly turning round, her eyesight catching something moving. It was subtle but the scorpion was sure something wasn't right, taking her claw and carefully poking one of the flowers, before it suddenly jumped. Giving a jolt back, Alex and Glasspine watched as the flowers rose from the bed held up by thick stalks, with two small orange figures emerging.

As the bugs squealed at the sight of the massive Drapion staring down at them, Herex quickly apologised and calmed the situation, inwardly thankful that neither of them retaliated with some sort of powder offensive before explaining their situation to the bugs as best as she could. The human looked up at the sky, and the sun that was their timer in this desperate situation, before the Sandshrew poked him in the leg and pointed towards the Paras, who were discussing among themselves before grabbing some grass. Pulling, the bugs revealed a hole leading down under the garden, a slope which led to a musty tunnel with a faint glowing light within as they gestured into it. The hole was big enough for the group to enter, if they crawled a little, and yet Alex paused for a moment.

While finding the Parasect and obtaining the necessary antivenom was his priority, he remembered Petunia's words regarding the behaviour of Paras compared to Parasect, and their lack of knowledge concerning the rogue bug would normally be enough for the trainer and group to move on following the tracks. However, he felt that the Paras perhaps had an idea of where it was headed, or had something to show him, and given the time he felt he could afford to sacrifice a few moments to check what was in the hole. If it turned out to be nothing of importance, both Herex and Glasspine could easily dig them out of the tunnel.

"Glass, you go in first. Herex, get my back, we'll check the tunnel out, against my better judgment. If it turns out to be a dud, dig us out and we'll retrace our steps and back to the tracks."
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:12 PM   #248
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 176
Median Dia:

The sudden darkness stunned both teams for a few moments. Though some Pokemon were more attuned to the dark than others, the change was disorienting. You expect Louise to be fine, but she was used to travelling with a diurnal trainer. The Mawile aimed for where she expected her opponent to be, but found herself making contact with the hard ground. Her eyes were slowly beginning to adjust, but there was not anything in her immediate area that posed a threat.

Elenchos floated along in the dark, hoping that he would still be able to find the flag. He reached his tentacles out in front of him in case he ran into any walls. The soft sound of snuffling came from his right, and as a precaution he shot out a Psywave in that direction. The snuffling stopped as a psychic wave of light was emitted from the Inkay. Elenchos watched as his move traveled into the darkness, and past a figure with illuminated, red eyes. The light had drawn Lulu to Elenchos’ position. With her sharp teeth she sunk a Bite into Elenchos. He let out a pained squeal before everything began to fade. Elenchos has fainted!

You were only able to see your Staryu, and directed it to focus itself on Larvitar. The small green Pokemon was rather weakened, but was determined to keep up his fight. Miapladicus focused a Water Gun at him as Berue provided a potential backup with her vines. The spray of water hit the Larvitar, sending him tumbling away. The Pokemon fell beyond the circumference of Miapladicus’ light, and disappeared into the night. Your Staryu and Tangrowth couldn’t hear anything from the area Larvitar had been sent to, but there was no knowing whether he was still conscious. With no sight of Lunatone, darkness was still prevailing on the playing field.


-----------------------

Maskerade:

You were getting fed up with this wild Zangoose chase. At this point, it was looking better to just turn back, maybe get a drink in Galea Town, and get on with your life. While you deliberated, you felt and overwhelming sense of shame. There was no way you could stop now, you were Rorik! A man of science! You were going to see this pursuit through, for both you and your Pokemon. Staryu wasn’t quite sure what was on your mind, but it seemed to take note that you were distressed. It appreciated the affectionate tap you gave to its gem, and shined brightly with a warm light.

The two of you slowly traversed the torch-lined hallway, the sound of dripping water getting ever louder. The path gradually became wider, and soon opened up into a large room. Torches still lined the walls, providing plenty of light for you to see your surroundings. Stalactites made of glittering rock clung to the ceiling in the center of the room. Water droplets formed at their tips, and dripped slowly into a shallow pool. The cave water was being enjoyed by the Bunnelby you were after. The Pokemon lapped at the water, taking a rest after all the running it had done. Its back was turned to you, and it was quite invested in their re-hydration. The piece of paper it was carrying was placed next to it. It was a bit unfurled and you could just barely see markings on the inside surface of it. You and Staryu were far enough away at the moment to remain unnoticed, but the Bunnelby’s ears were rather sensitive to sound.


-----------------------

Raves:

Glasspine carefully makes his way into the hole, crawling on all fours down the sloped path. You crouch and follow after him, crabwalking on your hands and legs in order to not slip. You make it to the end of the slope and find there is enough room to stand. Herex brings up the back, glad that you are not in too cramped of a space. You and your Pokemon are in some kind of underground cavern. The faint glow is coming from green, luminescent mushrooms attached to the wall. Herex examines one closely, prodding at it with a careful claw. It easily detaches from the wall, and it surprisingly keeps its glowing properties. The two Paras scuttle in after you, closing the secret door in the grass behind them. They point down the path, indicating that you should keep going. The Bug-types waved to you before disappearing into a thick patch of mushrooms.

You make your way down the path, careful not to step into clouds of spores that hang in the air. Looking up, you see a dirt ceiling with the roots of trees poking through. Some of the longer roots continued down further into the earth, creating the impression that you were actually in a forest lined with thick tree trunks. Mushrooms of all shapes and sizes gathered around the roots, sapping the nutrients. The path was also littered with rocks, large mounds of dirt, and the molted skins of various bug Pokemon. Up ahead, there is a tree root growing right through the middle of the path. It is taller than you, but you are able to peer over the top of it to see the other side. Rising from the ground is a circle of tall, glowing mushrooms. In the center, you spot the large, battered figure of the Parasect you are after. Parasect is surrounded with a soft glow, and orbs of light float around it ominously. A tight line of Paras stand guard around the mushroom circle, eyes scanning the distance for any sign of movement.
__________________




Last edited by morningstar; 08-30-2017 at 11:37 AM.
morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:37 PM   #249
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
War of the Roses

Team Tsareena

Meetan:

Leaving your frustrations with the thirsty guard in the past, you focused yourself on your next riddle. You wandered throughout the tropical domain with your Pineco, looking for something that might give you a hint. At the base of a tree with a twisted trunk, you spot a patch of what you were looking for. The mushrooms are tightly attached to the tree, and look to be hungrily sapping its nutrients. They come in several colors, ranging from off white to dark, poisonous looking red. You reach for your signature color, pink, but are startled by a voice from behind you.

“Wait don’t!” Someone beside you pushes your hand away before the mushroom lets out a bright light. It is a girl in a lab coat similar to Persimmon’s, but she looks comparatively much neater. She makes eye contact with you through red frames before spores lightly dust over her skin. “Oh…that’s not good,” she mumbles, then woozily falls to the ground. You and Farren reach down to check on her, and find that she is just sleeping. In the pocket of her lab coat there is a slip of paper, sticking out just enough for you to read “ICE”. The mushroom she had fallen victim to jumped up out of the ground, revealing a cute face with two black eyes. Angry eyes. The Pokemon scrambles up on to the girl with its three tiny legs. It latches itself on to her face, and glows brightly as it begins to drain her energy. You notice this one is rather tiny, but definitely has enough determination to get its fill from its human victim.
Alice had been about to do something stupid, probably, but some smarter stroller-by pushed her away. It was very much at their own expense, and there was predictable panic and cursing as the young woman crouched down to check on her saviour. Thankfully they were only asleep, and there were plenty of people around either way, but still.

The paper sticking out of her pocket was a possible godsend. As a diabetic, the initials of 'In Case of Emergency' were something she was familiar with, although Alice had thankfully not needed aid to that extent yet. She plucked it out, about to read, when something had the human shrieking and whimpering up a storm. Some Alolan Pokemon that Alice didn't immediately recognise, and in the middle of her fuss - 'Holy fuck! Holy shit, Farren, kill it, get it, oh my god what the f--' - she forgot to get out her Pokedex. Well, RIP her, honestly.

"Oh god, it's gonna murder her, what the hell? Farren, Farren--" The Pineco was already stood as if ready for battle, red eyes fixated on the enemy. He was obviously a lot more calm about this mess than his trainer was. Somebody had to be. The duo had to be careful, or else they might cause more harm to the damsel. "Okay, okay--" The trainer tried to collect her frayed nerves, stood up again with the important paper clutched in shaking hand, "Use iron defense, then a barrage of swift to knock it away! If it comes at you, use protect, we got this, boy!"
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:06 PM   #250
Slash
Poison Jam
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,020
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott Idol Threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
CLOUD GARDEN

The Galea Foothills:
The Galea Foothills covers the greatest expanse of land in the Cloud Garden. Beginning with Galea Town, adventurers may follow along the Starline River up across the plains and into the mountain. Other areas include the Starline River, the Rose Garden, Galea Plains, Cloud Forest, and the Stone Shrine. The boundary of the foothills lies at the Starline Falls, a giant waterfall that cascades down from the incline above.


Stone Shrine: A small shrine made out of stone. It is located at the base of the Starline Falls in a clearing filled with jagged rock formations. Many rock and ground type Pokemon can be found here. The shrine is home to one of the two trial leaders for the Galea Foothills. (Please reply in lightslategray)
Member Post

"Here we are, girl," Surashu said to his little Popplio pal. Caprina squealed gleefully in reply. "The legendary Stone Shrine. It's said there are plenty of interesting Pokemon to be found around here. Not to mention, I head some rumours back in town. This place is supposed to have some weird, mysterious history. Or so that creepy tavernkeeper claimed to me".

The Popplio halted its crawling momentarily, and looked up at her trainer with worry in her eyes. After a second, Surashu realised she wasn't following behind him anymore, and stopped short. He turned back to her and knelt down to speak to her directly. "I don't mean to say it's haunted, sweet girl," he assured her. "I never heard even a single word indicating that. Just that there are sometimes strange things found around here, and sometimes Pokemon of considerable power". He rubbed her on the head lightly. "And they're nothing to worry about for a big, strong girl like you. You're a fabulous diva, and you have a type advantage against any earthy creatures who might try to jump us." She squealed happily again, and crawled up to his arm, putting her flippers around it.

"Okay, I see what you're getting at, girl", he said. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her close to his chest, and then started back on the path they had started down. As the jagged rocks became closer and closer to the two, Surashu could swear he saw flickers of movement, here and there, in the distance. Nothing close enough for him to discern, but just here and there. A little anxious, but not wanting Caprina to pick up on it, he steeled his nerves and picked up his pace. In seemingly no time, he reached some of the closest large stones. He kept his eyes out for any signs of life, knowing something could happen at any moment.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.