UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 12:00 AM   #101
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Sandaa: [Update Music] + Atmosphere
The wind seemed to have calmed, and the rain had turned into a somewhat tranquil drizzle. Thunder rumbled gently in the distance, but was quieter than normal, perhaps a sign that the storm was finally beginning to pass. For the first time in hours, sunlight pierced the clouds, and a narrow beam of light shined directly onto the bag like something out of a fairy tale. For that brief moment, you became filled with a sense of warmth and optimism unlike one you had felt since you had first arrived in the black marsh, and the sea seemed to react in kind as well, the waves slowly beginning to mellow out in sync with the piercing rays of the sunlight.

Aero, the trusty manta ray Pokemon, sprung forth from the Pokeball, gliding across the surface of the water. You snapped on a pair of goggles and slid onto your Pokemon’s back, holding on tightly. With each roll of the ocean’s tide, the bag drifted further and further from the shore. The Mantine dove through the surface of the sea with great force, cutting through the water like a hot knife through butter. The sea was a dark teal and bubbly, making it difficult to see too far ahead of you. After a few moments, Aero dashed forward, slicing through the water effortlessly and turning its aim upward. As the Mantine re-surfaced, the bag appeared just out of reach, but in just a matter of moments, in an almost supernatural turn of events, the atmosphere had become completely different.

The sky had become incredibly dark. Blankets of rain began to fall from the pitch-black clouds, each droplet striking the now turbulent ocean with great force. The wind had become incredibly blustery, bellowing over the ocean with considerable impetus. The waves became larger and heavier, smashing against the now distant rocky coast harder than ever, briny seafoam exploding over the shoreline with every crash of the angry sea. Despite this, you had one objective in mind: Retrieve the bag at all costs. Fighting the undertow, Aero skipped across the waves, giving you just enough of a gap to reach your arm forward and snatch the strap of the bag with as strong of a grip as you could muster.

Chain lightning cracked tore through the clouds above, and thunder cracked like a tree snapping in two.

“Why...?”

A swirling gust of wind enveloped you as a woman’s voice echoed through your head.

“I have so much left to do… I didn’t even get to say goodbye…”

The voice was sobbing in agony, and the rain whipped across the sea harder and harder as you began to lift the bag out of the water.

“Why did it have to turn out like this… why? Why? WHY!?”

Lightning began to pulse through the clouds consistently, almost like a heartbeat, occasionally striking the water in the distance, or a mangrove on the coast behind you. As the weather became almost hurricane-like, and the voice captivating your full attention, you hadn’t noticed the sea below you turn a dark hue. Slowly but surely, you began to rise upward out of the ocean - something underneath of you had lifted you into the air, and showed no signs of stopping.

“It isn’t fair… my heart… I had so much to give… so much to do… IT ISN’T FAIR!”

The creature beneath you roared ferociously. Analyzing the situation, Aero took charge and leapt into the air, sliding down the side of the sea monster and launching off of a fin and into the sea below.

The darkness made it difficult to make out its figure, though small orange glows seemed to radiate from it, peppering its entire being and giving it a somewhat fish-like shape. The wind curled around the rain above the monster, forming an odd shape in the air - it appeared to be a girl, curled up into a fetal position. The sound of sobbing filled your head. After a moment, she lifted her face from what appeared to be her knees, and screamed into the air in sync with another booming roar from the sea creature before her image disappeared into a swirl of water.

Lighting cracked, illuminating the monster’s face as it continued to grow in size.

Spoiler: show

What sat before you, roaring once more in what sounded like violent agony, was a Wishiwashi - but it was much larger than any schooling Wishiwashi you had ever heard of, and it only continued to grow, more and more of the fish Pokemon leaping out of the sea and merging into the giant monster. But this Wishiwashi was not only unusual due to its enormous, continually growing size, no - its color seemed to be different than what you had remembered as well, being a darker blue than normal, and its illuminated appendages being colored orange as opposed to white.

And then, the creature seemed to stop growing. The wind tore the rain through the air with intense power, each droplet beginning to slightly sting as it connected with your face. The creature turned its gaze to you, and roared once more. It was so intimidating, so incredibly large - it must have at least been the size of a small building. At least! It slowly turned toward you, appearing to have full control of the ocean around it as it swung its immense body with ease, drawing you into focus. The rain was falling so hard now and in such large quantities that it became difficult to see anything more than the behemoth’s outline through the wall of water.

“I had so much left to accomplish… so much left to do… it wasn’t supposed to end for me this way… why did the world do this to me? Why did this have to happen? Why did I have to die? Why? I want to live again… I want to live…. I want to live… please… this has to be a nightmare… let me wake up… Daddy, please… help me…” The voice was softer, gently whipping through the wind as you gripped tighter onto Aero’s back. It was otherworldly - a mix of a young girl’s voice with an older woman’s, and a deep demonic-sounding angst accompanying it as well.

The large shiny fish Pokemon smashed its fins into the water, kicking up a giant explosion of waves that began to roll toward you with intense energy. For a moment, you were almost sure that the Pokemon had a Tearful Look in its eyes, and your heart briefly tugged with a pang of deep sorrow for it. It roared viciously once again, and water began pooling inside of its hollow mouth as it opened up wide, swallowing up the sea around it, looking as though it was ready to unleash a vicious attack at its target: you.
You're the best, deo! Lmao

As he climbed onto his Mantine’s back and lowered his goggles over his eyes, Gary took a quick glance at the horizon. The rain had finally let up and the sea was relatively still. It was the kind of serene and tranquil silence that one would expect of the perfect calm before the storm. As a beam of light from the setting sun pierced through a small gap in the grayish-orange clouds, it shone down on the ocean like a picturesque spotlight from above. One might have argued that it was a sign of good things to come, but little did Gary know that it couldn’t have been farther from the truth.

With his goggles now in place, Gary took a deep breath and patted Aero on the head. Holding on to his Mantine’s long wing-like fins right at the joint behind the head as tight as he could, Gary pressed his chest up against Aero’s back in order to optimize balance and remain streamlined. Aero ducked under the surface of the waves, and Gary looked around in search for the bag. As he had suspected, the passing storm had churned up a lot of sediment in the water, making visibility very low. This would be a daunting task, but Gary was prepared to search high and low in order to return the man’s bag to him.

Gary and Aero seemed to play cat-and-mouse with the bag, as it seemed to reappear right in front of them and then disappear in a tantalizing fashion as Gary’s outstretched hand reached for it. As the two surfaced for Gary to catch his breath, Gary was shocked to find that the weather had taken a drastic turn in the moments that the pair was underwater. The sky was pitch black with clouds, and a fierce wind had blown the waves into a choppy chaos. The rain had resumed in full force, possibly even stronger than it had when Gary and Kratos were battling the Carnivine earlier.

As lightning cracked across the sky above, followed by an equally loud thunder, Gary made one last push to grab the bag. Sliding his arm through the bag’s strap, Gary let out a sigh of relief. “Great job, Aero,” he said, glancing towards the shore, which they had strayed quite a distance from. Before he could even ask for his Mantine to take him to shore, ever hair on Gary’s body stood on edge. ”Why…? I have so much left to do… I didn’t even get to say goodbye…” a ghostly voice of a woman echoed across the waves.

Aero flapped his fins nervously and Gary immediately knew something was off. “It couldn’t have been the wind, could it?” he asked rhetorically, trying to rationalize what he just experienced. “Why did it have to turn out like this… why? Why? WHY!?” the ghostly voice continued to wail, and Gary could no longer try to hide his suspension of disbelief. What is this ghostly voice? he wondered, thinking back to the man’s words of his deceased daughter. Does her spirit have some kind of regret that continues to tether her to the Earthly plane?

“It isn’t fair… my heart… I had so much to give… so much to do… IT ISN’T FAIR!” the voice wailed one more time as Gary and Aero began to rise above the water. Looking down, Gary nearly pissed himself as he noticed a gigantic dark shadow underneath them. Something massive was rising from the depths of the ocean, something big enough to displace enough water to lift them this high into the air. Fearing his own life, Aero leapt into action, sliding down the fin of the creature as it broke the surface and into the water below.

Gary frantically looked up and down the creature to try and identify it to no avail. The water and the sky were too dark, but an unusual orange almost bioluminescence supplied Gary’s only clue to its identity. A chill ran down his spine as Gary looked up to spot a ghostly form of a girl in a fetal position in the sky above. She continued to cry and moan, but with a sudden scream, the giant creature let out a roar and disappeared back into the ocean momentarily. Upon reappearing, the creature grew larger and larger as it neared Gary and Aero, allowing him to get a better look.

While he had never seen a creature like this before, Gary knew it well. This was a fish that he had longed to research for quite some time; a Wishiwashi. It was a Pokemon that employed the natural defense mechanism of what is known as a bait ball and weaponized it into a huge offensive threat. However, as the adrenaline coursing through his bloodstream prevented him from getting too excited about his discovery, Gary noticed that several things were off about this Wishiwashi. For starters, it was much larger than any school of Wishiwashi had ever been recorded to grow. Secondly, the coloration was quite different from what he had read and seen in pictures. Without his encyclopedic resources to confirm, Gary suspected that this specimen could in fact be a rare shiny form.

The ghostly girl or woman began to wail once more, causing Gary to snap out of his analysis of the gigantic cluster of fish. As Gary suspected, the ghostly voice bemoaned her lasting regrets about the loss of her life. Upon mention of her father, Gary couldn’t take it anymore and found himself responding to the specter. “Your father is here!” he yelled, hoping his voice would reach the ghost, “But he needs help! He’s come to grant your final wishes, but he’s hurt. I’m here to help retrieve his belongings so he can properly see you off!”

However, the gigantic Wishiwashi began to act, and Gary knew he must devote his full attention to it or else face the consequences. If he was going to make it back to shore alive, he would need to deal with this monster first. The behemoth shot Gary and Aero a Tearful Look, chilling them once again, before preparing to launch some kind of assault on them. “We need to move!” Gary yelled to Aero, who nodded. “Use your Agility to get to a safer distance away from this thing!” Gary held on tight to Aero in hopes that they could make a getaway.

Gary then pulled out a Lure Ball and held it out in his hand to release the Pokemon inside before securing it back. “Devine! I need you!” In a flash of light, a Kingdra appeared before Gary. While she did appear surprised to find herself in the midst of their current situation, the sea dragon seemed much more comfortable in the tumultuous weather than Aero did. “Devi, it’s preparing for something big. Use your Agility to dodge whatever it’s about to launch and hit it back with a Toxic! I want you to then Focus your Energy! Aero, when you get a chance, whip up a Tailwind to provide support to Devi! If you think you won’t be able to get out of that thing’s way, use your Mirror Coat to send its attack right back!” Gary was quite nervous about battling a creature this big and powerful, but in the same vein, he had been preparing his Pokemon for something like this for a long time. For now, he felt the best strategy would be to play it safe and see what this monster is capable of.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 08-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #102
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

To my new updatees. It will likely take me a little while to get things going so I will be taking things slowly to start with while I get a better understanding of the direction of your adventures. Feel free to discuss any issues or mistakes with me, there is a high chance that I will overlook something that has already happened despite my best efforts.

Raves- The drunkard had taken things to another level, leaving the Pangoro sobbing in tears as he sets another Pokemon onto you. The wriggling mass of vines seems much more formidable than the emotional Pangoro, things could get out of hand if you weren't careful. Believing the bulky bunch of vines to be beneath Bel, you fish a rare Cherish ball from your coat and toss it out in front of yourself. A glistening, golden Nincada appears before the woman, Aken'thaal vibrates his wings as he stares up at his much larger opponent.

"Ha", spurts the drunkard, obviously not impressed by the Nincada. "You think you can take me with that tiny, shiny bug? You're more beauty than brains and you ain't that beautiful!" The drunkard snorts with laughter, apparently seeing himself as some sort of comedian. "Alright Tangrowth, time to clobber them. Expand yourself with a Growth before smashing them into the ground with a Knock Off!"

The Tangrowth hums as its body begins to swell, its vines thicken as it continues to grow larger. Aken'thaal takes the time to harden his carapace, he would need to be prepared to face the brutal strikes of the Tangrowth's vines. He allows makes use of his analytical abilities and assess the hulking Grass type, his eyes scan the Tangrowth for weaknesses, hoping to find something exploitable. The sheer amount of vines made the Tangrowth somewhat difficult to predict, it would have a great deal of control over its vines. There had to be something solid beneath the mass, Aken'thaal made note that the Tangrowth's legs were solid and not surrounded by vines like the rest of its body.

Aken'thaal sees the Tangrowth's vines twitch, a sign that it was about to attack. Sure enough the Tangrowth's arm suddenly elongates as it brings it around for a sweeping blow. Having predicted the incoming blow, Aken'thaal springs upwards, all but clearing the vine which just manages to clip him as he lunges towards the Tangrowth's feet. The Nincada quickly sinks its teeth into the exposed flesh of the Tangrowth's feet and begins draining the life from it. An eerie wail rings out as the Tangrowth feels the pain of the powerful super effective attack, while Aken'thaal reaps the benefits as he feels revitalised.

As the David versus Goliath fight takes place, Bel does his best to support the blubbering bear. His kind advances are met with a strong embrace, the Pangoro pulls the Mawile to her chest and hugs him firmly. Thankfully Bel is somewhat prepared for the crushing cuddle, his steely body glistens as he increases his defence, providing him with enough strength to tolerate the Pangoro's affections. It is clear that the Pangoro doesn't intend on hurting Bel anymore, although the Mawile may not quite agree given his current position.

"Little piece of shit", spits the drunkard, "keep still so we can finish you quickly! Tangrowth Bind it then Wring it Out!"

Gemini Spark- With your Pokemon under strict orders not to react, you propose to the embarrassed young woman that you attempt to lead the horde of Seismitoad back to the ranch using the food your Pokemon had been feasting on. Your Pokemon weren't to pleased to be losing their lunch but they knew better than to protest, you would likely make it up to them later.

"That isn't a horrible idea", murmurs the girl, "let me see if the alpha will like it, if he enjoys it he should follow us and the others will follow him." Placing the Palpitoad on the ground, the girl makes her way over to you, still slightly blushing. She scoops up a piece of food before gingerly making her way towards the largest of the Seismitoad. The alpha was a magnificent specimen, he was only slightly larger than the others but the bumps that protruded from his body were distinctly larger and produced a much deeper sound. Keeping her head lowered the girl presents the food to the alpha-toad, who quickly snatches it up with a lash of his tongue, causing the girl to recoil. The food seems to please the Seismitoad, who lets out a deep hum of pleasure as the bumps atop its head begin to vibrate. "Alright I think he likes it, good thinking, I don't think I caught your name? My name is Emily." Emily makes her way back over to the Palpitoad she left on the ground, the younger Pokemon hadn't moved an inch since she sat it down. "If you could do me a favour and leave a trail of your food behind you that would be fantastic. The ranch is straight back the way I came, I will follow behind the Seismitoads incase any of them decide to splinter off. You will know you are there when you run into a large metal fence, look for a large hole in it, we will lead them back in the way they got out." Emily had made some requests of you, the Seismitoads didn't seem to pose much of a threat to your Pokemon or yourself, for the time being at least.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 08-14-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:29 PM   #103
Patches
Shake it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
Patches: After having the painting swipe at you, you take a rather spectacular tumble --- the painting still in your grasp as you plummet to the ground. Your confusion only begins to get worse as you feel the room distort and shape itself around you, the hissing and growling still ever present as the lights flicker out and the door forcibly slams itself shut. Once everything seemed to have come to an abrupt stop, you find yourself sitting on the floor, staring directly into the bright gem eyes of the painting. The room is eerily quiet, the only noise the sound of Kiku's laughter. You find yourself feeling particularly angry and ruffled at this painting, you let out a loud huff and return to your feet. It was extremely rude of the painting to attack you! Didn't it have any manners?

You're prepared to give the painting a much needed talking to, until your eyes notice a light darting through the floorboards. Was that a trapdoor? Not that that was exactly important right now, you had unfinished business with this terrible piece of art. You turn to it and begin to give it a proper scolding with the most serious face you could muster, “Did you cause that door to slam and the lights to go out..?! Actually! That’s not what matters here. You swiped your claw at my face and that wasn’t very nice. You could have hurt me!”. You're rather upset at this inanimate object, it most certainly owes you an apology, but that apology never comes. You think the painting needs a time out, give it time to think about exactly what it did and hopefully form some sort of apology. Satisfied that you sorted out your initial problem, you begin to crawl around and try and find that darn trap door again. You know that whatever lies beyond it may in fact be the festival that you've been itching to get to since you arrived.

Your hands meet a seemingly loose piece of floor and you give it a good yank, revealing what looks to be a ladder leading into a dimly lit tunnel. You glance downwards, that chilly air was coming from down here, almost as if it lead back to the outside of the manor. However, you knew that this was the most likely candidate for the festival's location --- so you worked your way down. Once back on the ground of the passageway, you can swear you hear voices; perhaps those belong to the happy festivals participants? You begin to take a running start, ending up in what looks to be an almost dungeon-like area. The walls are a smooth grey concrete, nothing special about them in any way. However, there is something that strikes you almost immediately about this room... actually, there are several things.

A single table rests in the far back of the room, it's one of those cheap folding tables that you would often see being used for a party. The second is the pumpkin resting upon the table, it looks particularly fresh and undisturbed. The third is the two empty paintings that rest next to the table, they're seemingly just frames with nothing but blackness within them. The fourth is the banner... pink in color with crudely written letters spanning it's surface.

"WeLCUM PaTCHeS"

It almost looks as though a child had written it... do you dare go further into this room? What do you do?
After pulling away a loose piece of the floor, it exposed a ladder leading into a dimly lit tunnel underground. Patches looked down through the hole and felt chilly air hit her face. “Well, it looks like we’ve found our way to the festival you two!” She says to Mio and Kiku. Mio was on her shoulder but she hadn’t seen Kiku so she turned around to look and still didn’t see him. Once she turned her head back toward the hole in the floor she makes eye contact with Kiku who had already found his way down there. “Well someone’s excited!” She smiles at her fluffy Eevee and begins to climb down the ladder to join him with her Pikachu along for the ride. Once she finally reaches the bottom she begins to hear strange voices for a moment. “Oh! We really did find the festival!!” She begins to run down the tunnel a bit and then stops once she reaches the open area that seems to resemble a dungeon.

“There’s nobody here…” She begins to look around the room and notices that it seems pretty empty except for the table with a random collection of things in the back. Feeling a bit confused she walks closer to the table in order to get a better look. The thing that stands out to her the most is the pink banner with letters written across it saying "WeLCUM PaTCHeS", this really catches her off guard. “This is clearly my handwriting…” She silently stares at it really hard as if she is trying to figure something out before finally being distracted with the next thing that catches her eye. “Wait! That table is clearly from a party of some sort! Which means… We are too late. Those voices I heard earlier must have been the last of the guests leaving! Now what are we going to do…” She is incredibly disappointed but isn’t going to let something like that get her down for long. She takes a moment and looks back and forth from the pumpkin to the empty paintings for a few seconds before deciding what to do next. “I left your friend in timeout back in that room that’s at the top of the ladder.” She says to the two empty paintings just in case they are alive too. She doesn’t want to pick either of them up to find out for sure after having her face swiped at before so she just decides to assume they are. “Alright Kiku, let’s explore a bit since the festival is over, you can lead the way! I’ll be right behind you after I grab that pumpkin! It’s the only thing left over from the festival so I’m going to take it with us as a souvenir!” She begins to walk closer to the table in order to grab the pumpkin but hesitates once her eyes land on that banner again. “…That is definitely my handwriting but I don’t remember ever making that banner… Oh well! No time to waste!” And with that, she walks up to grab the pumpkin so that she can bring it with her and add it to her collection of souvenirs back home.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-15-2017, 04:43 PM   #104
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
134: [Update Music]

The man turned to face you, once more showing no emotion. However, there was something off about the way he presented himself, and his next words only solidified that. “I apologize, but you must be mistaken. What Houndour? When I found you at the bottom of the stairwell, you were alone,” the groundskeeper said, stoic and monotone.

You turned to walk back into the room you had just come from, only to notice that there was now a door connecting the room to the hall in which you stood, and it was sealed tightly shut. This made no sense, however, as you can recall that the large, open room connected directly into the hallway with no door separating the two. The man spoke up again as you halted, unable to open the door. “You must have hit your head too hard when you fell through the floor. You did not come here with a Houndour. Your injuries must be worse than I had realized. Come now, we mustn’t dillydally. Let’s continue down the hall so that we can get upstairs. We’ll get you first aid while I boil a pot of tea. I insist.”

The light of his candle flickered briefly, and as it did, you could hear the sound of barking. There was no mistaking it, it was Pouli. And yet, Pouli wasn’t here. Was it just your imagination? The sound? Or was he right - maybe you had hit your head too hard. Maybe you never came in here with Pouli to begin with…? Or, perhaps, he was gaslighting you...?
"I know damn well I came here with Pouli," Tate snapped, very much cognizant of the circumstances under which the manor had been entered. "I don't know what games you're playing, mister, but I'm finding my Houndour."

With that, Tate looked around, intent on find another way back; another hall, different doors, anything. Nothing made any sense, and panic was raw and very real, but for Pouli's sake, Tate kept it largely together. Banging on the door, the trainer began to call for the hound again.

"Pouli! Pouli... Where are you, girl? Hey-... you're the groundskeeper, right? Then you have the key to this door! Unlock it!" Tate demanded. "I know my Pokemon is back there!"

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 08-19-2017, 05:19 PM   #105
deoxys
Fog Badge

Updates Part 1 of 2: Missingno. Master and Mespritchaser, yours will be coming soon. I may start dividing my updates to make it easier on myself. I'm testing this method to see if it makes it easier/faster for me to update. I appreciate your cooperation!

134: - Update Music

You weren’t sure what the hell was happening, but you knew you had to find your Houndour. Immediately.

You banged on the door desperately, demanding the groundskeeper open it at once to help you find your Pokemon. For the first time, the groundskeeper reacted with a display of emotion on his face, and a very inhuman one at that. He furrowed his brow and wrinkled his face, but it was not a natural expression. Still, he did not say anything. You continued to bang furiously, calling for Pouli, when suddenly the door swung open, but it wasn’t the same room you had just been in.

No. This was not right. This didn’t make any sense.

This was the Adoption Center.

Except… something wasn’t right. No - nothing was right. It was dark, and completely devoid of any life - as though it had been abandoned for years. Before you could fully absorb the scene before you, there was a tug on your shoulder.

“Tate? Is… is that you?” An older woman you did not recognize stood in the doorway - and the hallway you had just been standing in was now gone, as was the groundskeeper. For someone who sounded surprised, her face was completely expressionless. “I haven’t seen you in… well, a very long time. Why don’t you come with me and we can catch up over some tea? I insist.”

Next to the woman, on the wall, was a crumpled, half-torn missing poster with a picture of a Houndour on it.

MISSING POKEM
NAME: POULI
REWARD IF F
CONTACT TA

For a moment, something odd happened; the woman began to sink into the floor, and as she did, the sound of desperate barking could be heard once more in the distance. You blinked, and the missing poster was now gone completely. The woman was standing normally as she had been prior.

“So, what do you say, Tate?”

Sandaa: - Update Music

As the Schooling Wishiwashi continued to fill itself with seawater, Devine leapt from her ball and, despite her slight shock at the situation, headed the words of her trainer and prepared to attack the monstrous creature before her.

Devine boosted through the water at an incredible rate with her Agility, cutting through the roaring waves at breakneck speed. Aero lifted his wings, summoning forth a large gust of wind and rain from behind the duo, carrying Devine through the water at an even faster speed.

Waves thrashed, and bursts of lightning struck the earth all across the horizon, roaring thunder exploding through the atmosphere around you. The harsh wind tore through the air, and the droplets of rain slicing across your cheeks felt more like handfuls of gravel and glass than it did water.

The giant collection of fish Pokemon stopped its intake of water and let out a fierce roar.

“How could you let this happen? How could you? HOW COULD YOU?”

As the voice in the air engulfed your entire being, it grew deeper and more frightening as it became more intense, and large bursts of lightning cracked through the atmosphere and struck the water uncomfortable close to you. The Wishwashi swung itself through the air and began releasing its intake of water through gaps in its tail, ejecting it with high pressure at an intense rate. The beast swung itself to the side, its tail falling through the air, spraying its highly pressurized water directly at you and Aero. There was almost no time to escape. The monster heaved itself through the air faster than it seemed capable of. Aero attempted to take advantage of the tailwind, gliding across the swelling waves as fast as it could, while the Kingdra took advantage of its positioning and painted the side of the beast blast of Toxic venom, immediately poisoning it.

The monster’s incredible Aqua Tail dropped, smashing into the sea - directly on top of you.

You were blown off of Aero by the tail’s blast of water before the attack could even connect, your grip immediately loosening, sending you flying through the air and shooting into the ocean at high speed, much like a bullet. You were prepared for this; this was your ideal environment. You knew how to handle these situa-

Crack.

Oh.

The back of your head suddenly felt warm, and a sharp pain radiated from it.

“Come… join me. Don’t let me be alone…” The voice echoed through your head.

Ah… so this is what it felt like. You’d need to write this down for research purposes...

Everything went black.

The Cloud Garden was lovely this time of year. Something about it looked even more beautiful today than it did normally. You stood atop the cliff beside the Starline Waterfall, watching the sun setting in the horizon. It was getting late, perhaps time for you to get heading inside, maybe to grab a bite to eat. Your Pokemon were probably getting hungry, too. But something was odd. There was a girl sitting on a small rock in front of you in a fetal position, her head buried into her knees. She was sobbing. She looked to be in her late teens, probably. “I can’t find my daddy… Daddy? Where are you? I don’t know where he went...”

Please reply in Aqua.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:56 PM   #106
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

((Thank you everyone for your patience while I was recovering from my heartache! You're all great. I apologise that these are a little short compared to my usual standard, but I need to get back into the flow of things. <3))

=-------------------~Kawaii~-------------------=

Last update here

=-------------------~Whimsy~-------------------=

last update here

=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=

You were quick-witted, this girl was very clearly in danger. You had noticed this from the moment you approached her, her blank stare and muttered voice were clear indicators of this fact. She slouched more and more, her grip tight on the rod that was holding the lantern. Your eyes immediately turned to the light of the lantern, it's purple flare getting larger and brighter the paler and more frail the girl began to look. You summoned your Mawile to your side, she seemed ready to act --- sensing the danger that this girl was in, the small Pokemon barred it's back fangs intimidatingly at the flame. The flame itself seemed to shift, almost appearing to look like an angry ghost of a face following the Mawile's fangs and displays of intimidation. You knew you'd have to act fast if you hoped to save this little girl, you reached your hands out --- ready to catch her if her legs gave out. You gave your Mawile a signal and forced it to blow a Fairy Wind at the flame, in the hopes of blowing it out.

Unfortunately, this wasn't exactly what happened. Your low voice had caught whatever that demon flame was off guard, forcing it to release the girl from it's grasp as soon as it was hit with it. The girl stumbled and dropped the rod, falling into your arms, unconscious but still breathing. Her skin was cold to the touch and she was extremely pale, but at least she was alive. The rod and caged in lantern fell to the ground, smashing in an array of black bits. The candle still had it's brilliant glow, now on it's side. You felt relief, until of course the candle began to mutter something. You stepped back a few feet, was this some sort of curse? Some kind of black magic? The candle suddenly sprung upwards, firing purple blasts of flame towards Eclair. The candle was never just a normal candle after all, but rather a Pokemon!

The purple wisps hit Eclair, causing her to stumble back with a small black patch on her skin --- it seems as though Eclair has suffered a burn. The candle Pokemon's eyes blaze with anger, it's flame is looking rather large and imposing at this point. Gathering some of it's strength, the Pokemon makes itself look smaller, minimizing itself to blend with it's environment better.

You saved the girl, but you made this Pokemon mad in the process... how will you defend yourself? What do you do?

=-------------------~Lit~-------------------=

You accept the girl's offer, what reason would you have to decline? You had come to this place of your own free will, why wouldn't you feel accustomed to stay with such a lovely young maid. She smiles upon hearing you accept her offer, escorting you towards the table. Still, the thought of her apparent master was a little troubling... you were sure this castle was supposed to be abandoned, so what exactly was her deal? She seems to have sensed your fear, or at least your distrust of her. She glances towards you, especially following your request to move to somewhere more comfortable.

"Do you not like the manor that I have constructed?" She looks at you, but you feel as though she is looking through you. Her gaze makes you feel uncomfortable... besides, what does she mean by the manor that she constructed? It seems like an odd thing to say, especially considering there's no possible way that this young girl is older than you --- and the manor has been around for quite some time at this point.

"Master always says that my illusions are a little... unsavoury... I apologise." With that, the young girl snaps her fingers and the dining room around you begins to contort and change. The girl herself stays the same, but the scenery takes a drastic shift. The walls contort to a stale grey, weathered rocks missing large chunks from them, it appears as those you've moved into some sort of castle. You take it all in, the hallowed halls, the weathered stone... why were you here? You swore you had brought yourself to the mansion, why now were you in some sort of castle?

"You seem confused." She remarks. "I exist only to serve my master, and master wishes that we remain hidden." She looks somewhat anxious, shuffling her feet on the floor. "I probably shouldn't have been so foolish, disguising this as the manor was dumb of me. But I also have to wonder how you got turned around enough to come here instead of your original destination?" She smirks. "I should probably go find master now, but you're free to explore as you wish, Master Willows." With those last words, she snaps her fingers and disappears in a puff of black smoke.

It seems you have moved into the Castle of the Mad King, you are now free to explore this area. Please reply in Steelblue from this point forward. What would you like to do?

=-------------------~Patches~-------------------=

Well... this was a sad day. You had missed the festival, and what a surefire disappointment that was. However, you notice the remnants of some sort of party. Your eyes are first drawn to the large banner, which for some reason looks like it's addressing you in your own handwritting. You're certain that you had not been down here, so how had someone copied your writing to such a degree? Oh well, no true reason for you to really dwell on that fact now. You walk forward towards the pumpkin on the table, upon turning it around to pick it up you notice it's actually carved rather elegantly. You swear it looks like some sort of Pokemon, but you can't really place where you have seen anything that looks like that. It looks dark and whimsical, almost as though it was made of some sort of fabric. Actually, now that you think of it, the Pokemon in the carving kind of looks like your Pikachu... just a little bit distorted. Oh well! You need some sort of souvenir from this place, and this pumpkin reminds you of the unfortunate festival that you messed. You cursed under your breath, you wish they could have at least been somewhat smart and held the festival in the open... but beggars can't be choosers!

You pick up the pumpkin, only to hear what sounds like rock crumbling from nearby. You glance forward, noticing that the wall behind the table was slowly starting to move downward and seemingly revealing a deeper and darker area of the manor. The only issue was it seemed absolutely pitch black back there, and the smell of death was creeping through. It almost reminded you of the smell of that awful incense from the other room, you wished that people wouldn't burn such disgusting smells. You feel drawn to this place in a way, you glance at the darkness... and then back towards the pumpkin in your hands. Had something opened this for you? Or was the pumpkin some sort of weird switch? It was all very odd, but that cave was certainly interesting. Even though you had missed the party, perhaps there was some sort of small chance that the party goers had just continued deeper into these dark depths in order to be more in private? Your curiosity was getting the better of you, and you were certainly debating going down into this hallway. Your Pikachu, on the other hand, seemed a little afraid.

Should you follow your desire for adventure, or listen to your Pokemon? What do you do?
Old 08-26-2017, 12:34 AM   #107
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
((Thank you everyone for your patience while I was recovering from my heartache! You're all great. I apologise that these are a little short compared to my usual standard, but I need to get back into the flow of things. <3))

You accept the girl's offer, what reason would you have to decline? You had come to this place of your own free will, why wouldn't you feel accustomed to stay with such a lovely young maid. She smiles upon hearing you accept her offer, escorting you towards the table. Still, the thought of her apparent master was a little troubling... you were sure this castle was supposed to be abandoned, so what exactly was her deal? She seems to have sensed your fear, or at least your distrust of her. She glances towards you, especially following your request to move to somewhere more comfortable.

"Do you not like the manor that I have constructed?" She looks at you, but you feel as though she is looking through you. Her gaze makes you feel uncomfortable... besides, what does she mean by the manor that she constructed? It seems like an odd thing to say, especially considering there's no possible way that this young girl is older than you --- and the manor has been around for quite some time at this point.

"Master always says that my illusions are a little... unsavoury... I apologise." With that, the young girl snaps her fingers and the dining room around you begins to contort and change. The girl herself stays the same, but the scenery takes a drastic shift. The walls contort to a stale grey, weathered rocks missing large chunks from them, it appears as those you've moved into some sort of castle. You take it all in, the hallowed halls, the weathered stone... why were you here? You swore you had brought yourself to the mansion, why now were you in some sort of castle?

"You seem confused." She remarks. "I exist only to serve my master, and master wishes that we remain hidden." She looks somewhat anxious, shuffling her feet on the floor. "I probably shouldn't have been so foolish, disguising this as the manor was dumb of me. But I also have to wonder how you got turned around enough to come here instead of your original destination?" She smirks. "I should probably go find master now, but you're free to explore as you wish, Master Willows." With those last words, she snaps her fingers and disappears in a puff of black smoke.

It seems you have moved into the Castle of the Mad King, you are now free to explore this area. Please reply in Steelblue from this point forward. What would you like to do?

The teen watched as the mansion around him turned into a castle. It seemed that the house truly lived up to its name, being a lie. The maid explained that she was an illusionist of some sort, and that she had another Master to attend to. So she left him be, to explore the castle that he now found himself in. He could sense the aura of power and madness that the place gave off. The Castle of the Mad King, a place he didn't expect to go but was welcome to do so. Tricky and illusions were fun, but with enough ghost-types around they just become another daily occurrence. This, however, was exciting. A new place of mystery, of lunacy. What awaited here for him, he did not know.

He saw Wisp looking a bit scared. It wasn't like the Litwick to be afraid, or at least outwardly show it. Custer, on the other hand, had jumped into the trainer's shirt to hide. The Foongus was soft and squishy at least, so Austin didn't mind it. The faux-ginger could tell his Pokemon sensed the same aura that he did, yet were much more afraid of it than he was. This place reminded him of Unova, of Dragonspiral Tower. The architecture was similar, at least, based on the room that he was in. The maid girl said he was free to go, so where would he go? The most obvious answer, the throne room.

He made his way out of the room he was in, and looked through the halls of the castle. It felt untouched since the king's reign. That this was a piece of history, with memories long forgotten. Perhaps that was why this place resonated with him. The amnesiac him being, he could find solace in a place standing yet forgotten. Was it a bit sad? Yes. Yet, it was also comforting. There were very few things he could recall now before the fire. He was slowly regaining some of his memories, but only in bits and pieces. There was only a few details he really recalled, and those were of people presumed to be dead.

"William..." the teenager muttered. What happened to his friend? Where did he go? Perhaps only time would tell, but for now he made way towards the empty throne.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-26-2017, 06:35 AM   #108
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Maskerade- Leaving the unconscious Rattata behind, you begin to backtrack in search of the arrow. The arrows origin was unknown, for all you knew there could be a mysterious archer watching your every move. Eventually you find the old Apricorn tree, the arrow is still firmly buried into the trunk. With a bit of effort you manage to pry the arrow free, but as soon as you do you hear a thunderous voice boom out behind you, causing you to spin around in shock.

"Hold there", you turn in shock to see a giant of a man, clad in glistening armour from head to toe. A large two handed sword rests in a sheathe on his back, he makes his way towards, his large stride allows him to close the gap quickly. Close behind the armoured man is a Metagross, the ground shakes slightly under the Steel types weight. Looking closer you notice a Riolu hiding behind the Metagross, although it seems quite timid and unsure, much unlike the man it was following. "Hand over the arrow stranger, you don't know what you're getting yourself into", the man thrusts out his hand, demanding the arrow be turned over to him. "I am Sir Bryant of the Sacred Swords, sworn protector, Château du Roi Foul. I have been tasked with the duty of pacifying the wayward Decidueye who has been reaping havoc in this area. You don't seem to be from around here, what exactly are you doing?" The knight begins to interrogate you, maybe it would be a good idea to comply? Or perhaps you would rather stand your ground?

Old 08-26-2017, 06:08 PM   #109
deoxys
Fog Badge

Missingno Master: - Update Music

The site of the nearly defeated Combee filled you with determination. You had made up your mind - this was a Pokemon you needed to have on your team.

The Net Ball flew through the air with force, propelled forth by your confidence and eagerness to make what was once an adversary into a powerful ally. The Combee winced, and, upon noticing that she had been abandoned by what remained of her troupe, gave in and collapsed onto the ground. The Net Ball bounced off the Pokemon, enveloping it in a shining red light that resembled a net, and fell to the ground tightly shut where the Combee had previously sat.

The ball shook. The latch blinked. Even after being captured, this Combee was putting up one hell of a fight. Back and forth the ball rocked, even going so far as to completely roll over onto its side.

And then… ding. It stopped moving. The battle was over - the Combee was yours.

“That was incredible!” The Melitologist said. “Simply fascinating! I’ve never seen a battle quite like that - from either a trainer or a Combee!” The Melitologist removed her headgear, holding it to her side. “My name is Audrey. Thank you for coming. I apologize for all of this. I believe this may, in fact, have been my fault. I was studying these Combee when I revealed my presence, disturbing them…” She sighed, rubbing her hand through her thick, curly brown hair. She turned to you once more. “So tell me, trainer - I sense that your happening upon here is no accident...”

(Congratulations! You have captured a Level 15 Female Combee w/ Endeavor!)

Mespritchaser: - Update Music

Following the trail of footprints seemed to be the obvious decision here, but their path into the darkness of the forest would leave any adventurer feeling more than uncertain.

And perhaps that was one of the oddest things about all of this, aside from the visions and the strange Pokemon, at least - the darkness. Celebi’s Swamp was a bit unordinary, at least for The Black Bayou, as the treetops here were constantly clear, and sunlight was almost always bleeding through. So, why then, was this particular pocket of the forest dark? And why did these footprints lead right into it? The whole thing just seemed like a bad sign all around.

But nevertheless, adventure was calling.

You stepped forth into the trees off the beaten path, your Pokemon at your side. You followed the trail of footprints into the depths of the forest until the last trickles of sunlight had completely vanished from the canopy above. And that’s when it happened again.

There was a flash, and a crack of thunder. It was pouring rain. The forest around you was completely unrecognizable; the only signs of vegetation that remained were the numerous wilted trees around you, and even then only some of them stood as the rest were nothing more than piles of smoldering ashes. Wisps of smoke and steam slowly rose out of the ground where the forest once stood majestically.

Another flash, and another crack of thunder. You were back in the forest once more, unsure of why this was happening. But something was different; in front of you stood three tall, intertwined trees, creating two sort of ‘gateways’ between them. And there it was: Piercing red eyes, fur as white as snow, a face as black as midnight. Except there were two of them - each standing within the arches - one on the left, and one on the right.

There was another flash. The trees still stood, twisted into arches in some sort of cruel agony as the smoldering forest around them was dead and decaying. They clouds in the sky moved at a frightening pace, as though on fast forward, until the sky eventually cleared, revealing total darkness.

“Some say the world will end in fire…”
“Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire…”
"I hold with those who favor fire."

The moon appeared over the horizon, slowly rising into the sky. With each second that passed, the air became colder and colder. As the moon raised higher into the black sky, it started to become red as blood - and at its peak the entire sky turned a dark crimson, and it felt as though your very life force was being drained from your body.

“But if it had to perish twice…”
“I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice is also great…”
“And would suffice.”

You began to feel extremely faint… and then, with a blink, you were back where you were once more, on your knees and out of breath. The creatures that stood in the archways had disappeared, once more leaving a trail through each, splitting off into two separate directions - one to the left, and one to the right.

It wasn’t too late to turn back, though. Perhaps this was simply too much for you to handle. What will you do?

Old 08-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #110
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Gemini Spark- With your Pokemon under strict orders not to react, you propose to the embarrassed young woman that you attempt to lead the horde of Seismitoad back to the ranch using the food your Pokemon had been feasting on. Your Pokemon weren't too pleased to be losing their lunch but they knew better than to protest, you would likely make it up to them later.

"That isn't a horrible idea", murmurs the girl, "let me see if the alpha will like it, if he enjoys it he should follow us and the others will follow him." Placing the Palpitoad on the ground, the girl makes her way over to you, still slightly blushing. She scoops up a piece of food before gingerly making her way towards the largest of the Seismitoad. The alpha was a magnificent specimen, he was only slightly larger than the others but the bumps that protruded from his body were distinctly larger and produced a much deeper sound. Keeping her head lowered the girl presents the food to the alpha-toad, who quickly snatches it up with a lash of his tongue, causing the girl to recoil. The food seems to please the Seismitoad, who lets out a deep hum of pleasure as the bumps atop its head begin to vibrate. "Alright I think he likes it, good thinking, I don't think I caught your name? My name is Emily." Emily makes her way back over to the Palpitoad she left on the ground, the younger Pokemon hadn't moved an inch since she sat it down. "If you could do me a favour and leave a trail of your food behind you that would be fantastic. The ranch is straight back the way I came, I will follow behind the Seismitoads incase any of them decide to splinter off. You will know you are there when you run into a large metal fence, look for a large hole in it, we will lead them back in the way they got out." Emily had made some requests of you, the Seismitoads didn't seem to pose much of a threat to your Pokemon or yourself, for the time being at least.
At Hyrem's suggestion of an offering to the giant toads in exchange for them returning to their home, the girl seemed to open up to the idea. "That isn't a horrible idea, let me see if the alpha will like it, if he enjoys it he should follow us and the others will follow him." The alpha in question certainly looked the part, and as the girl put down her Palpitoad and grabbed some of the food she looked pretty apprehensive in front of the bigger Seismitoad. Thankfully, the alpha had plenty of room in his stomach and latched onto the food, eagerly swallowing it and purred in the bliss of being filled with even more food. "Alright I think he likes it, good thinking, I don't think I caught your name? My name is Emily," said the girl, walking back over to pick up her Palpitoad.

"Mine's Hyrem," said the trainer. "So, where are we going?"
"If you could do me a favour and leave a trail of your food behind you that would be fantastic," Emily replied. "The ranch is straight back the way I came, I will follow behind the Seismitoads in case any of them decide to splinter off. You will know you are there when you run into a large metal fence, look for a large hole in it, we will lead them back in the way they got out."

"Sounds like a plan!" said Hyrem before turning to his Pokemon. "Wendy, you stay to the right of the Seismitoad, and Amethyst the left, so we'll have someone ready to keep them in line should we need it. Henrietta and Nissa, you'll be going ahead of us to set the food trail where we need it, but make sure to stay where we can see both of you! As for Kinana and Sorano, you two can stay either with me or your mom so we have more eyes on the Seismitoad." At that point, Wendy's stomach was the first to start complaining, followed by Wendy herself lumbering with her short legs over to the food pile, but Hyrem was able to block her way. "Ohhhh no you don't!" He then walked up to the Salamence and started hugging her face. "Just hang in there, big girl, and I'll see what we can do when we get to Emily's ranch, okay?" Wendy whined, wistfully flicking out her forked tongue at the food that was right there. "Listen to me," he whispered, "you'll get more food there than you would have here. I promise."

Wendy tasted the tempting scent of the food one more time before looking at her trainer and giving his face a big lick, a sign she was holding him to that promise before walking around the group of Seismitoad and into position, Amethyst already in place with her daughter beside her, the Seviper already knowing Hyrem would make such a silly promise, while the Froakie and Treecko got their own handfuls of food offerings and were ready to place it at the proper intervals in order to lure the giant toads to their destination. Sorano, meanwhile, had moved from Hyrem's arms to his neck and shoulders to allow him the full use of his arms to keep food on the minds of the Ground-types. "Okay, Emily, we're ready!" he called out to her, waiting for her signal to begin.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 08-26-2017, 07:38 PM   #111
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno Master: - Update Music

The site of the nearly defeated Combee filled you with determination. You had made up your mind - this was a Pokemon you needed to have on your team.

The Net Ball flew through the air with force, propelled forth by your confidence and eagerness to make what was once an adversary into a powerful ally. The Combee winced, and, upon noticing that she had been abandoned by what remained of her troupe, gave in and collapsed onto the ground. The Net Ball bounced off the Pokemon, enveloping it in a shining red light that resembled a net, and fell to the ground tightly shut where the Combee had previously sat.

The ball shook. The latch blinked. Even after being captured, this Combee was putting up one hell of a fight. Back and forth the ball rocked, even going so far as to completely roll over onto its side.

And then… ding. It stopped moving. The battle was over - the Combee was yours.

“That was incredible!” The Melitologist said. “Simply fascinating! I’ve never seen a battle quite like that - from either a trainer or a Combee!” The Melitologist removed her headgear, holding it to her side. “My name is Audrey. Thank you for coming. I apologize for all of this. I believe this may, in fact, have been my fault. I was studying these Combee when I revealed my presence, disturbing them…” She sighed, rubbing her hand through her thick, curly brown hair. She turned to you once more. “So tell me, trainer - I sense that your happening upon here is no accident...”

(Congratulations! You have captured a Level 15 Female Combee w/ Endeavor!)
For a moment, nobody made so much as a sound as the Net Ball hurtled towards the Combee. Even Colin seemed to have cut back on the buzzing as he noticed what was going on.

The ball struck Combee, sucking her inside in a flash of oddly net-like red light, and once Combee was inside, the ball snapped shut and fell to the ground. Keith held his breath as the ball wobbled back and forth. Back and forth. Even rolling onto its side at one point- Combee was really going down fighting here, a fact which only served to increase Keith's desire to have such an intense and strong-willed (and, let's face it, stubborn) Pokémon.

And then, a sight that could brighten the mood of any Pokémon Trainer- the ball stopped shaking, the button stopped blinking, and the device let out a low-pitched ping which could only mean one thing...

"All right!" Keith exclaimed, picking up the Net Ball and holding it up. "I just caught... a Combee!"

"Meowth, dat's right," Meowth added, still sounding all tired out.

"Yeah," Keith grinned, just gazing at the Net Ball containing his new Combee. "I think I'll call her Apamin." After a few moments, however, he turned his attention back to Meowth and Colin, both of whom had taken great damage from the Combee. "Alright, c'mere, guys," he added, digging out two of his ten Sitrus Berries, giving one to Meowth, and the other to his Yanmega.

And once they were both eating the berries, Keith finally turned his attention back to the Melitologist, who introduced herself as Audrey before apologizing for what happened, blaming herself for the Combee attack, as she had accidentally revealed her presence while studying them. She then voiced her shrewd suspicion that Keith had not stumbled upon this spot purely by accident.

"You're pretty perceptive, then," Keith nodded. "I came out here because I heard about the problems this area was having, with the declining Combee population, and the attempted fixes doing more harm than good, and I wanted to see if there was any way I could maybe help. My name is Keith, by the way," he added. "Keith Masters."

Code:
Keith used Net Ball!

----

All right! Combee was caught!
Old 08-26-2017, 10:55 PM   #112
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa: - Update Music

As the Schooling Wishiwashi continued to fill itself with seawater, Devine leapt from her ball and, despite her slight shock at the situation, headed the words of her trainer and prepared to attack the monstrous creature before her.

Devine boosted through the water at an incredible rate with her Agility, cutting through the roaring waves at breakneck speed. Aero lifted his wings, summoning forth a large gust of wind and rain from behind the duo, carrying Devine through the water at an even faster speed.

Waves thrashed, and bursts of lightning struck the earth all across the horizon, roaring thunder exploding through the atmosphere around you. The harsh wind tore through the air, and the droplets of rain slicing across your cheeks felt more like handfuls of gravel and glass than it did water.

The giant collection of fish Pokemon stopped its intake of water and let out a fierce roar.

“How could you let this happen? How could you? HOW COULD YOU?”

As the voice in the air engulfed your entire being, it grew deeper and more frightening as it became more intense, and large bursts of lightning cracked through the atmosphere and struck the water uncomfortable close to you. The Wishwashi swung itself through the air and began releasing its intake of water through gaps in its tail, ejecting it with high pressure at an intense rate. The beast swung itself to the side, its tail falling through the air, spraying its highly pressurized water directly at you and Aero. There was almost no time to escape. The monster heaved itself through the air faster than it seemed capable of. Aero attempted to take advantage of the tailwind, gliding across the swelling waves as fast as it could, while the Kingdra took advantage of its positioning and painted the side of the beast blast of Toxic venom, immediately poisoning it.

The monster’s incredible Aqua Tail dropped, smashing into the sea - directly on top of you.

You were blown off of Aero by the tail’s blast of water before the attack could even connect, your grip immediately loosening, sending you flying through the air and shooting into the ocean at high speed, much like a bullet. You were prepared for this; this was your ideal environment. You knew how to handle these situa-

Crack.

Oh.

The back of your head suddenly felt warm, and a sharp pain radiated from it.

“Come… join me. Don’t let me be alone…” The voice echoed through your head.

Ah… so this is what it felt like. You’d need to write this down for research purposes...

Everything went black.

The Cloud Garden was lovely this time of year. Something about it looked even more beautiful today than it did normally. You stood atop the cliff beside the Starline Waterfall, watching the sun setting in the horizon. It was getting late, perhaps time for you to get heading inside, maybe to grab a bite to eat. Your Pokemon were probably getting hungry, too. But something was odd. There was a girl sitting on a small rock in front of you in a fetal position, her head buried into her knees. She was sobbing. She looked to be in her late teens, probably. “I can’t find my daddy… Daddy? Where are you? I don’t know where he went...”

Please reply in Aqua.
Coming to his senses, Gary woke up feeling the cool grass below his head. A gentle breeze blew over him. He could hear the sound of water running over a cliff and trickling into the river below. Slowly sitting up, he looked about his surroundings. The sun was beginning to set over the cliff side, a beautiful hue of red and orange painting the sky. Behind him stood a familiar tree with a building atop its mighty branches. This is without a doubt the Cloud Garden. He’d recognize this view anywhere, and the sounds of the waterfall were too familiar to miss. “This isn’t right, I thought I left on an adventure…” he mumbled, scratching his head. “Where did I go? I feel like there’s somewhere that I’m supposed to be right now… And yet, I’m… home…” There was a mixture of confusion and relaxation in his mind. And yet, as he began to wonder why he was here, the thoughts evaporated from his mind as if he was forgetting a dream.

Gary stood up and prepared to head inside his base when he suddenly noticed a girl sitting on a rock before him in fetal position. Without even thinking to question the absurdity of the situation, he walked over to her as she sobbed. Through tears, she wailed about her missing father. Gary crouched down next to her and frowned, sympathetic to her anguish. “Is everything okay, Miss?” he asked her as his frown turned into a reassuring smile, “If you’d like, I can help you out. I know this mountain like the back of my hand!”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 08-27-2017, 03:57 AM   #113
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Gemini Spark- Complying with Emily's wishes, you quickly put your team to task. Wendy is reluctant to let the food be handed over to the Seismitoad's but the promise of a heartier meal soon turns her around. The Salamence moves into position on the right side of the horde, while Amethyst slivers around to their left. Nissa and Henrietta gather up what is left of the food and follow your instructions, laying out a trail of food for the toads to follow. You take off after the Treecko and Froakie, Sorano wrapped herself tightly around you while Kinana slivered along close behind. A quick look over your shoulder is enough to see that the plan was working, the Alphatoad was already snapping up the trail of morsels, the rest of the Seismitoad trailed behind it.

The journey was rather uneventful, occasionally a Seismitoad threatened to splinter off but a quick growl or hiss from Wendy or Amethyst is enough to make the Seismitoad's think twice. Nissa and Henrietta were doing a great job but you couldn't help but notice they were starting to run low on food. Thankfully the metal fence that Emily described soon comes into view, a large hole has been punched through the towering fence that was well above your head height. You and your team lead the Seismitoad's through the hole and into a large enclosure that was essentially the same as the swamp outside. Nissa and Henrietta toss away the food they have left, the Seismitoads bustle passed them, eager to devour the scraps. Your team forms around you just as Emily comes through the breach in the fence, still holding the Palpitoad.

"Thank you so much Hyrem, I doubt I could have managed that without you." The young woman smiled before turning around to inspect the damaged fence. "My parents think the Seismitoads did this, it has happened twice this week now but I don't believe it." Emily moves in to inspect the fence, "see how the metal is bent in towards the enclosure? That means it has to have been broken from the outside, not the inside. Either way I need to get this patched up before they try to get out again, do you think you could give me a hand Hyrem? We should be able to bend everything back into place, then we just need to seal it somehow........."

(All of Hyrem's Pokemon received 1 level for helping round up the Seismitoads)

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 08-28-2017 at 06:01 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #114
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
To my new updatees. It will likely take me a little while to get things going so I will be taking things slowly to start with while I get a better understanding of the direction of your adventures. Feel free to discuss any issues or mistakes with me, there is a high chance that I will overlook something that has already happened despite my best efforts.

Raves- The drunkard had taken things to another level, leaving the Pangoro sobbing in tears as he sets another Pokemon onto you. The wriggling mass of vines seems much more formidable than the emotional Pangoro, things could get out of hand if you weren't careful. Believing the bulky bunch of vines to be beneath Bel, you fish a rare Cherish ball from your coat and toss it out in front of yourself. A glistening, golden Nincada appears before the woman, Aken'thaal vibrates his wings as he stares up at his much larger opponent.

"Ha", spurts the drunkard, obviously not impressed by the Nincada. "You think you can take me with that tiny, shiny bug? You're more beauty than brains and you ain't that beautiful!" The drunkard snorts with laughter, apparently seeing himself as some sort of comedian. "Alright Tangrowth, time to clobber them. Expand yourself with a Growth before smashing them into the ground with a Knock Off!"

The Tangrowth hums as its body begins to swell, its vines thicken as it continues to grow larger. Aken'thaal takes the time to harden his carapace, he would need to be prepared to face the brutal strikes of the Tangrowth's vines. He allows makes use of his analytical abilities and assess the hulking Grass type, his eyes scan the Tangrowth for weaknesses, hoping to find something exploitable. The sheer amount of vines made the Tangrowth somewhat difficult to predict, it would have a great deal of control over its vines. There had to be something solid beneath the mass, Aken'thaal made note that the Tangrowth's legs were solid and not surrounded by vines like the rest of its body.

Aken'thaal sees the Tangrowth's vines twitch, a sign that it was about to attack. Sure enough the Tangrowth's arm suddenly elongates as it brings it around for a sweeping blow. Having predicted the incoming blow, Aken'thaal springs upwards, all but clearing the vine which just manages to clip him as he lunges towards the Tangrowth's feet. The Nincada quickly sinks its teeth into the exposed flesh of the Tangrowth's feet and begins draining the life from it. An eerie wail rings out as the Tangrowth feels the pain of the powerful super effective attack, while Aken'thaal reaps the benefits as he feels revitalised.

As the David versus Goliath fight takes place, Bel does his best to support the blubbering bear. His kind advances are met with a strong embrace, the Pangoro pulls the Mawile to her chest and hugs him firmly. Thankfully Bel is somewhat prepared for the crushing cuddle, his steely body glistens as he increases his defence, providing him with enough strength to tolerate the Pangoro's affections. It is clear that the Pangoro doesn't intend on hurting Bel anymore, although the Mawile may not quite agree given his current position.

"Little piece of shit", spits the drunkard, "keep still so we can finish you quickly! Tangrowth Bind it then Wring it Out!"

The woman was internally amused at the drunk's predictable response to the Nincada, believing his larger pokemon was superior and making a mockery of her looks. Outwardly, she merely continued to stare unflinchingly at him as he barked the command to the grass type to grow and smash. As compound eyes scanned the Tangrowth, the thick mass of vines were noted to be vestigial to the insect, though the unprotected legs would prove a source of weakness.

A twitch of the vines caught the insect's attention, as the beast began to lunge at Aken'Thaal. With only a brief moment, the shiny pokemon sprung upwards, evading the sweeping blow with only a slight clip tilting him at the ideal angle to land. Rushing forward, the cicada's fangs sank into the trunklike leg of the grass type as he sapped the energy from it. The Tangrowth could only give an eerie wail in response, the effective attack replenishing what little damage the bug took from the opening round.

With the Mawile and Pangoro, Bel's defensive ploy worked in his favour as the bear continued to give him the squeeze in comfort, clearly not in the mood to hurt him anymore. The steel type remained calm, as damaging to his dignity as this was. He had faced worse.

The drunk by this point was fuming, barking commands to the vine pokemon to grab the insect and crush it with the vines, an action that would certainly sting, she knew. However, given the Nincada's current vitality, the situation offered a way through those vines.

"Aken, stand your ground and bide your time. Allow the bind to seize you, your hardened carapace shall help you withstand what crushing force the monster throws at you. Turn the tables on them by turning the damage you take against it, then slice yourself free with a metal claw swipe or two before striking with another leech life while it is reeling from the bide," she calmly stated. Truly, when faced with an aggressive opponent, the best approach was to capitulate upon their mistakes, yet there was something about the drunk that seemed to interest her.

"You there," she snapped to the spectating bouncer, "what did this oaf do to earn eviction from this respectable establishment? I am merely curious."

Unruly Premonition.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:55 AM   #115
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Gemini Spark- Complying with Emily's wishes, you quickly put your team to task. Wendy is reluctant to let the food be handed over to the Seismitoad's but the promise of a heartier meal soon turns her around. The Salamence moves into position on the right side of the horde, while Amethyst slivers around to their left. Nissa and Henrietta gather up what is left of the food and follow your instructions, laying out a trail of food for the toads to follow. You take off after the Treecko and Froakie, Sorano wrapped herself tightly around you while Kinana slivered along close behind. A quick look over your shoulder is enough to see that the plan was working, the Alphatoad was already snapping up the trail of morsels, the rest of the Seismitoad trailed behind it.

The journey was rather uneventful, occasionally a Seismitoad threatened to splinter off but a quick growl or hiss from Wendy or Amethyst is enough to make the Seismitoad's think twice. Nissa and Henrietta were doing a great job but you couldn't help but notice they were starting to run low on food. Thankfully the metal fence that Emily described soon comes into view, a large hole has been punched through the towering fence that was well above your head height. You and your team lead the Seismitoad's through the hole and into a large enclosure that was essentially the same as the swamp outside. Nissa and Henrietta toss away the food they have left, the Seismitoads bustle passed them, eager to devour the scraps. Your team forms around you just as Emily comes through the breach in the fence, still holding the Palpitoad.

"Thank you so much Hyrem, I doubt I could have managed that without you." The young woman smiled before turning around to inspect the damaged fence. "My parents think the Seismitoads did this, it has happened twice this week now but I don't believe it." Emily moves in to inspect the fence, "see how the metal is bent in towards the enclosure? That means it has to have been broken from the outside, not the inside. Either way I need to get this matched up before they try to get out again, do you think you could give me a hand Hyrem? We should be able to bend everything back into place, then we just need to seal it somehow........."

(All of Hyrem's Pokemon received 1 level for helping round up the Seismitoads)
Hyrem's plan worked without a hitch as the Seismitoad were kept in line by the food as well as the menacing reptiles on either side of them, giving them no chance to split off from the group. On Nissa and Henrietta's end, it looked a little rough as they were running out of food to keep the herd enticed, but they were the first to spot the large, steel fence they were looking for, as well as the gaping hole that the amphibians likely used as their way out. All Nissa and Henrietta needed to do was run through the hole and chuck the last of the food away, and the Seismitoad all ran towards the pile, keeping them busy for the moment.

As Emily walks through the hole, Hyrem could see the relief on her face. "Thank you so much Hyrem, I doubt I could have managed that without you."
"No problem!" he replied with a grin. "Though that's a pretty big hole in your fence there."
Emily then took a closer look at the fence. "My parents think the Seismitoads did this, it has happened twice this week now but I don't believe it." She then pointed to the metal bars bent away from each other. "See how the metal is bent in towards the enclosure? That means it has to have been broken from the outside, not the inside. Either way I need to get this matched up before they try to get out again, do you think you could give me a hand Hyrem? We should be able to bend everything back into place, then we just need to seal it somehow........."
"Well, that doesn't seem like a problem a few good Fire attacks can't fix!" said Hyrem. "Wendy, Amethyst, you two use your Strength to put the fence back in place, then Flamethrower to weld it all together!" While the two stronger Pokemon were busy mending the fence, the others took this time to introduce themselves to the Palpitoad Emily was holding, Henrietta being a little more enthusiastic about greeting a fellow amphibian than the others, croaking with a happy "Fro froakie~"
"Heh, she hasn't met other frogs or toads before," Hyrem explained. "I think she wants to make a new friend!"

Level Up! Seviper (Amethyst) grew from Lv. 54 to Lv. 55!

Level Up! Salamence grew from Lv. 54 to Lv. 55!

Level Up! Treecko grew from Lv. 12 to Lv. 13!
New Move! Treecko learned Mega Drain!

Level Up! Froakie grew from Lv. 12 to Lv. 13!

Level Up! Seviper (Kinana) grew from Lv. 9 to Lv. 10!

Level Up! Dratini grew from Lv. 7 to Lv. 8!

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 08-28-2017 at 06:01 AM.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:09 PM   #116
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Maskerade- Leaving the unconscious Rattata behind, you begin to backtrack in search of the arrow. The arrows origin was unknown, for all you knew there could be a mysterious archer watching your every move. Eventually you find the old Apricorn tree, the arrow is still firmly buried into the trunk. With a bit of effort you manage to pry the arrow free, but as soon as you do you hear a thunderous voice boom out behind you, causing you to spin around in shock.

"Hold there", you turn in shock to see a giant of a man, clad in glistening armour from head to toe. A large two handed sword rests in a sheathe on his back, he makes his way towards, his large stride allows him to close the gap quickly. Close behind the armoured man is a Metagross, the ground shakes slightly under the Steel types weight. Looking closer you notice a Riolu hiding behind the Metagross, although it seems quite timid and unsure, much unlike the man it was following. "Hand over the arrow stranger, you don't know what you're getting yourself into", the man thrusts out his hand, demanding the arrow be turned over to him. "I am Sir Bryant of the Sacred Swords, sworn protector, Château du Roi Foul. I have been tasked with the duty of pacifying the wayward Decidueye who has been reaping havoc in this area. You don't seem to be from around here, what exactly are you doing?" The knight begins to interrogate you, maybe it would be a good idea to comply? Or perhaps you would rather stand your ground?
The mighty voice caused Rorik to freeze in his tracks, arrow in hand. He'd just survived an assault by angry Gourgeist and famished Rattata, but now he'd gone and done it again. He shuddered to think what he'd find once he turned around... so he didn't.

"I-I'm s-sorry," he stammered, before clumsily placing the retrieved arrow on the floor. "I swear I'm not looking for trouble!"

At the pitiful display, Munchlax rolled his eyes, and Staryu's gem flickered faintly in embarrassment. When nothing struck him from behind, Rorik finally mustered the strength to make a 180º turn and confront the new menace. And what a menace it was.

A giant, angry Wikstrom cosplayer. Dear me...

Fully clad in armor, gargantuan claymore in its sheathe, the knight - "Sir Bryant, protector of the Royal Fool" was it? - held out his hand demanding the arrow Rorik had just dropped. Shaking, the Professor dropped back down and picked up the arrow, before hastily placing it on the colossus's outstretched palm.

"M-my name is R-Rorik, sir. I must say, that's... that's quite the nifty c-costume you got there," he finally blurted out. Munchlax could almost see the proverbial hole digging itself deeper with each word. "I'm a Pokémon P-Professor from Heiml. In the... the north. A researcher, if you will! Just... just that. Wholly unremarkable, as you see."

What Rorik lacked in courage, he more than made up for in self-preservation. His eyes shifted from the man's angry expression, to the glistening armour, to the giant sword, and finally to the terrifying Metagross. And then, he asked the only logical thing that someone with a functioning survival instinct would ask in a similar situation.

"So, how... how do you "pacify" wayward troublemakers exactly?..."

Last edited by Maskerade; 08-28-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:14 AM   #117
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Raves- The drunkard sends the Tangrowth on the attack once more, its vines lash out as Aken surrounds himself in a glowing aura. The vines wrap around the Nincada's body, quickly binding him up. While the Tangrowth attempts to crush the Nincada, you question the bouncer on why exactly the man had been kicked out.

"Eh this place can have a strong effect on some people, some tend to get a bit too emotional and can't control themselves. He got into a fight with his girlfriend, got really scrappy."

Switching your attention back to the battle, you see the aura surrounding Aken slowly begin to grow. The Tangrowth tries another approach, it begins to twist and turn its vines, attempting to wring the Nincada out like a wet teatowel. Aken screeches in pain as he tries to concentrate on maintaining his Bide, but the Tangrowth's attack is made stronger by his healthy nature. Tangrowth takes pleasure in the Nincada's pained cries and continues to tighten its grip, but it doesn't notice the aura around Aken growing. Suddenly the energy growing around Aken erupts, letting out a powerful blast of energy that knocks the Tangrowth onto its back. Stunned, the Tangrowth is slow to move, its grip on Aken loosens. The Bug type takes the opportunity and bursts free, swiping wildly with metal coated claws ripping at the vines that held him.

"Get up! You're going to let the bloody bug beat you!" The drunk shouts at his Pokemon, clearly pissed off by its poor performance. Aken gives it no time to react, the Nincada quickly sinks its teeth into the Grass type and sucks away more of its vitality. Aken is still looking rather healthy, while the Tangrowth is already looking worse for wear.

"Are you fucking serious!" Suddenly a raven haired woman appears behind the drunk. Her mascara is running down her face, an empty wine bottle is grasped by her right hand. In a swift motion the woman swings the bottle around, shattering it across the back of the drunk's head as he crumbles to the ground. The woman spits on his unconscious body, "dirt bag, that'll teach you to break your promises."The woman collects two Pokeballs from the now unconscious drunk and recalls the Pangoro and the Tangrowth. She places the Tangrowth's Pokeball next to him, while pocketing the Pangoro's."She's coming with me, you treated her almost as bad as you treated me." Her business completed the woman stumbles off down the street, struggling to maintain stability on her high heels.

"Well that was eventful, feel free to head on it when you want to", the bouncer smiled before turning his attention elsewhere. The drunk was barely moving, thankfully you could tell he was still alive, his chest was still moving up and down as he breathed.

"Not bad, nice to see someone that can handle themselves", a man walks up from behind you. He appeared to be in his mid thirties, his black hair was neatly cut and he was well dressed."The name's Jake, I'm a private investigator, the city has currently employed me to investigate some rather obscene rumours about this establishment."The detective moves past you and makes his way towards the unconscious man. Crouching down he pulls back the man's eyelid to get a look at his eye."Yep, that checks out at least", dusting off his hands, Jake makes his way back over to you."There were reports that this club has come up with some sort of party drug. It apparently messes with peoples emotions, most get a sense of euphoria but some react adversely, becoming overly aggressive or unstable, which can cause issues. I would say this fella had a slight adverse reaction, so you could imagine if someone really reacted badly to the stuff. I could use some assistance in my investigation, you handled yourself well here, would you consider working with me?"

Bel and Aken gained 2 levels!

Gemini Spark- When Emily expresses the need for the fence to be mended, you quickly jump to her aid with a swift solution. Instructing the two senior reptilian Pokemon, Wendy and Amethyst make their way over to the fence. Using their superior strength they manage to bend the splintered bars back into place, the metal groans as it is reluctantly manipulated. Once the splintered pieces are lined up, everyone stands clear as Wendy and Amethyst open the maws, spewing forth torrents of flame that heat the metal to a glowing red. As they snap their jaws shut the bars seem to have welded back together, hopefully it would be strong enough to prevent the Seismitoads from getting out again.

"Thanks again Hyrem, it would have taken me all day if I had to fix that on my own." Emily finds herself surrounded by the rest of your Pokemon, who are all eager to meet the Palpitoad she holds in her arms."Oh you lot are super friendly! Ginny hear is quite timid though, so go easy on her", Emily places the Palpitoad on the ground so that it can interact with the other Pokemon."For some reason Ginny's evolution has been delayed for quite some time. I've been trying to get her strong enough to get there but nothing seems to work unfortunately. Wait here, I will go grab something for you as a thank you." Emily races off, the soft marshy ground squelching beneath her boots as she races towards a farmhouse built on a drier section of the farm.

It doesn't take long for her to return, a large sack hangs over her shoulder and a note rests in her hand. She tips the contents of the sack onto the ground, revealing a collection of fresh berries and some baked goods."This should more than make up for the food you sacrificed to help me out, dig in."While your Pokemon made their way towards the pile of food, Emily gives the note in her hand a wave."My parents have gone into the city, I can't believe they're going to go meet with them again." You can see that Emily is clearly displeased with her parents absence."You see the reason we farm these Seismitoads is that twice a year they shed their membranes, which we then collect. We then use the membranes to make drums, it might sound simple but the quality is outstanding and in high demand. We have a lot of big clients that pay a lot of money for our instruments. My parents were approached by a company the other day who were eager to buy us out, they were offering big money as well. This place has too much sentimental value for us though, we have been here for generations, so my parents rejected the offer." Emily scrunched the note up in her hand before tossing it to the ground."Since they rejected the offer, things have been going downhill. First our post recent shipment got hijacked on route to town, that has never happened before. Now we have had the fence sabotage twice and almost lost all of our Seismitoads. I think my mum and dad are actually starting to consider the offer, but I think that the company has something to do with everything that is happening. I just don't know how to go about proving it!" Emily looks over to Ginny, the Palpitoad has finally started to warm up to your Pokemon and is currently nuzzling up against Henrietta. The girl wiped a tear from her eye, she was clearly in need of help.

Maskerade- As you comply with Sir Bryant's demands, you notice the knight's look turn even more sour. Suddenly you are struck in the chest by an invisible force, that sends you stumbling back a few steps."Watch your tongue professor, otherwise you might find yourself employed as the castle's new jester." It was clear Sir Bryant wasn't one to joke, his harsh tone expressed a stern personality. Taking the arrow from you he quickly examines it, "Riolu, here, now." The Riolu quickly darts out from behind the Metagross and rushes to the knight's side. Sir Bryant hands the arrow to the Riolu, who takes it in his paws."I take no pleasure in hunting this Decidueye, it used to be a protector of this place, a valiant Pokemon who protected those who couldn't protect themselves. Now though, now it has changed. We have received multiple reports of both people and Pokemon being attacked here lately, all evidence has pointed towards the Decidueye."

Sir Bryant placed his arms across his chest, his armour groans as he does so. "As for your question on how I pacify wayward troublemakers, that depends on how much they annoy me." The knight glares at you, clearly the two of you have not hit it off."Anyway, the Decidueye is an experienced hunter and tracking it by normal means is beyond impossible. That is why I enlisted the aid of this Riolu, I intend to track the Decidueye's aura, it should give off a particularly dark aura considering its recent change in behaviour. What kind of researcher are you exactly? While bringing the Decidueye to justice would complete my mission, finding out why it has changed could prove to be more important. If you were to lend your aid in this endeavour than I would see you rightfully rewarded, I would even let you keep that head upon your shoulders." Then you saw it, a smirk that revealed the knight did have a sense of humour, even if it was a little twisted.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 09-03-2017 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:03 PM   #118
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Maskerade- As you comply with Sir Bryant's demands, you notice the knight's look turn even more sour. Suddenly you are struck in the chest by an invisible force, that sends you stumbling back a few steps."Watch your tongue professor, otherwise you might find yourself employed as the castle's new jester." It was clear Sir Bryant wasn't one to joke, his harsh tone expressed a stern personality. Taking the arrow from you he quickly examines it, "Riolu, here, now." The Riolu quickly darts out from behind the Metagross and rushes to the knight's side. Sir Bryant hands the arrow to the Riolu, who takes it in his paws."I take no pleasure in hunting this Decidueye, it used to be a protector of this place, a valiant Pokemon who protected those who couldn't protect themselves. Now though, now it has changed. We have received multiple reports of both people and Pokemon being attacked here lately, all evidence has pointed towards the Decidueye."

Sir Bryant placed his arms across his chest, his armour groans as he does so. "As for your question on how I pacify wayward troublemakers, that depends on how much they annoy me." The knight glares at you, clearly the two of you have not hit it off."Anyway, the Decidueye is an experienced hunter and tracking it by normal means is beyond impossible. That is why I enlisted the aid of this Riolu, I intend to track the Decidueye's aura, it should give off a particularly dark aura considering its recent change in behaviour. What kind of researcher are you exactly? While bringing the Decidueye to justice would complete my mission, finding out why it has changed could prove to be more important. If you were to lend your aid in this endeavour than I would see you rightfully rewarded, I would even let you keep that head upon your shoulders." Then you saw it, a smirk that revealed the knight did have a sense of humour, even if it was a little twisted.
For some reason - despite Rorik being nothing but positively cordial and polite to the strange cosplayer! - the man calling himself "Sir" Bryant was none to pleased with the Porofessor, going as far as to have one of his Pokémon attack him for no objectively good reason. Unless...

Oh. Oh dear. He... he's an actual knight, isn't he? Oh dear...

The sudden realization made Rorik contemplate Sir Bryant in a whole new light. It also made him understand, with no small amount of horror, how utterly and completely he had insulted the man of arms. And ultimately, it made him feel fortunate his head was indeed still resting atop his shoulders, as Sir Bryant so "humorously" remarked.

A Riolu and a Metagross... That imposing aura... in a way, there are many similarities to be drawn with Levin Sanders, Gottfried's current Challenger for the tile of Heimlan Champion...

In a way, Rorik felt that apologizing didn't quite cut it anymore. If he wanted to make up for his initial blunder, proving himself useful to Sir Bryant might be the better option - especially since the knight specifically requested his services as a researcher. After all, if it came down to fighting, wouldn't a powerful Metagross or a mystical Riolu do an infinitely better job than he ever could?

And that's not all. Looking into Decidueye's sudden change of heart might provide valuable insight into the inner workings of Pokemon feelings - which, in turn, might make Bonds somewhat easier to figure out. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in Decidueye's abnormal behavior for my own purposes...

He glanced over at Munchlax, whose eyes shifted between Metagross and Riolu. The bear's expression, however, wasn't its usual hungry one; for some reason, Rorik got the impression that his partner was actually sizing up Sir Bryant's Pokémon... as if it could ever hope to go toe-to-toe with either of them. Even if for completely different reasons, it seemed Munchlax too wanted to tag along.

As for Staryu, it had already made its way over to the imposing knight, gem flickering happily, more than willing to keep exploring, if only just for the sake of it. The starfish, Rorik had come to realize, often did things for the simple pleasure of abstract discovery, rather than taking an objective interest in either people or Pokémon. The reasons for Decidueye's shift in behaviour likely mattered nothing to Staryu, while the journey towards the rogue bird meant everything.

"Well, Sir Bryant... I would very much like to accompany you then," finally declared Rorik. "Hopefully my expertise in the nature of bonds will provide some manner of clue as to why this all happened."

The Professor, of course, used the term "expertise" quite loosely, but he did have a degree. That ought to count for something, right?

"Well, where do we start?"

Last edited by Maskerade; 08-29-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #119
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Quote:
[SIZE="1"]((incoming update batch, welcome to the bunch Whimsy!~))

Your mind was reeling, you jumped into action insanely fast --- not even bothering to think about the possible consequences. You began crawling on your hands and knees, rushing through the makeshift burrow to save all the Pokemon that had become trapped inside during the onslaught. Luckily for you, it seemed that some of the stronger residents were doing that job for you. A Nidoran nodded towards you and your Pokemon as it made it's may out of the burrow, two much smaller and more defenceless Pokemon riding on it's back. That was when you caught sight of Croagunk, he must have been the leader of the bunch, fighting valiantly for his family. The only issue was, he was vastly outnumbered. Three snakes crowded him, causing the Croagunk to huff with exhaustion. He was smart, targeting the center snake --- seemingly their leader. His thinking was sound, eliminate the leader in order to make the others flee. Unfortunately for him, the Pokemon seemed well aware of this and had began to attack him mercilessly.

You noticed the Croagunk struggling, commanding your Pokemon with ease to lead them into attack. The snakes in question were long, the leader in particular was large and in charge. He was a darker purple than the others, with a large crest like neck. You realised that the centre snake was actually a rather threatening Arbok, while it's two companions were simply the lesser form known as Ekans. DTM and Tengu each ran towards their own respective Ekans, with Oisin running up to help DTM. The Croagunk glanced to the side, it looked like he appreciated the help. Oisin saw how worn he looked and shoved him out of the way, taking on the challenge of facing the Arbok by himself. Each Pokemon began with a tackle, all except Tengu who began to Bide his time, all hitting their respective targets and causing them to hiss slightly. Tengu in particular was fighting valiantly, images of that cute little Oddish flashing through his mind. He had to win this, she deserved to feel safe in her home.

The two Ekans each hissed loudly, the left Ekans let out a piercing Screech that blasted Tengu's ears. The right Ekans that DTM was facing off against Glared at her with malicious intent, she felt her body grow sluggish and frightened. She was finding it harder to move as she stared down the snake. The Arbok laughed at the Deerling's foolishness, the tackle barely seemed to make a dent in it's rough skin, especially because Oisin seemed particularly Intimidated by the sheer size of the creature. The Arbok let out a loud choking sound and blasted a ball of Acid at Oisin, the Deerling took a few steps back upon taking the hit considering it had done a significant amount of damage due to his grass typing.

All the snakes are still looking pretty well off, you may want to think carefully about your next moves. What do you do?

Kawaii winced as she saw her pokemon attacked. She balled up her fists “alright, Oisin use seed bomb! DTM foresight, Tengu bullet seed.” She ordered, desperate to have her pokemon win. She hovered a hand over her belt, maybe she should someone else out. They were clearly outnumbered here. The female trainer took a deep breath and grabbed one of her poke-balls attached to her waist. She thought for a moment on who to send out. If she remembered correctly poison was weak to psychic. She had several psychic type pokemon. One of them hadn’t had much exposure so she sent the pokemon out. A drowzee appeared yawning as they do. She took in the situation and turned to her trainer in question. The pinkette pointed to the nearest ekens “Use psyshock on that Ekens. Help us all out.”
Kawaii felt seriously bad for not using the little Drowzee all this time. Baku was her name and it was her first adoption. She needed more love from her trainer. Hopefully this type advantage would help along with the extra help. The little psychic type didn’t fight often being more curious then aggressive. She liked to study other pokemon and their moves. Baku didn’t want to fight but some pokemon disserved it, especially if they attacked her friends. In this way she was a lot like Cerno but with a more intelligent and knowledge seeking side. Which made her much like a certain weedle of another trainer that was friends with her trainer.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓÒò furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
Old 08-30-2017, 08:40 PM   #120
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Quote:
=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=

You were quick-witted, this girl was very clearly in danger. You had noticed this from the moment you approached her, her blank stare and muttered voice were clear indicators of this fact. She slouched more and more, her grip tight on the rod that was holding the lantern. Your eyes immediately turned to the light of the lantern, it's purple flare getting larger and brighter the paler and more frail the girl began to look. You summoned your Mawile to your side, she seemed ready to act --- sensing the danger that this girl was in, the small Pokemon barred it's back fangs intimidatingly at the flame. The flame itself seemed to shift, almost appearing to look like an angry ghost of a face following the Mawile's fangs and displays of intimidation. You knew you'd have to act fast if you hoped to save this little girl, you reached your hands out --- ready to catch her if her legs gave out. You gave your Mawile a signal and forced it to blow a Fairy Wind at the flame, in the hopes of blowing it out.

Unfortunately, this wasn't exactly what happened. Your low voice had caught whatever that demon flame was off guard, forcing it to release the girl from it's grasp as soon as it was hit with it. The girl stumbled and dropped the rod, falling into your arms, unconscious but still breathing. Her skin was cold to the touch and she was extremely pale, but at least she was alive. The rod and caged in lantern fell to the ground, smashing in an array of black bits. The candle still had it's brilliant glow, now on it's side. You felt relief, until of course the candle began to mutter something. You stepped back a few feet, was this some sort of curse? Some kind of black magic? The candle suddenly sprung upwards, firing purple blasts of flame towards Eclair. The candle was never just a normal candle after all, but rather a Pokemon!

The purple wisps hit Eclair, causing her to stumble back with a small black patch on her skin --- it seems as though Eclair has suffered a burn. The candle Pokemon's eyes blaze with anger, it's flame is looking rather large and imposing at this point. Gathering some of it's strength, the Pokemon makes itself look smaller, minimizing itself to blend with it's environment better.

You saved the girl, but you made this Pokemon mad in the process... how will you defend yourself? What do you do?

Athena was relieved that this was indeed a Pokemon. Though she had entered the graveyard on her own free will, she definitely was not up to dealing with otherworldly beings that couldn't safely be placed in a Pokeball. She picked up the girl carefully and held her close, hoping that she could warm her up a little with her own body heat. The newbie trainer couldn't quite identify the Pokemon, but she knew that fire(purple or not) was bad news for Eclair. The steel type was already reeling from her burn. She looked back at her trainer, a determined but angry look on her face. Her opponent looked equally enraged. Despite the gravity of the situation, Athena acknowledged that both of them were pretty cute. And the purple light was rather intriguing...

"Don't let trick you Eclair," Athena warned. "Taunt it from making itself any smaller!" She backed up further, creating enough space for a battlefield. Her mind was of course running about questions of how this little one got into this situation. As the child was unconscious, it was better to focus on this battle. Eclair readied herself for her attack. Athena didn't want to push her, but Eclair's moveset wasn't incredibly defensive. If she was careful, Eclair could probably avoid getting burned any further. Keeping an eye on the candle, she called out to her Pokemon again. "If you can get close enough to it, catch it off guard with Tickle, then go for a Bite! I believe in you!"

Old 09-01-2017, 03:08 AM   #121
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Mystery. The first word that came to your mind following the odd maid girl who had just left you to your own devices. Who was she? Who was this master she kept talking about? And more importantly, how was she able to conjure such a vivid illusion to trick you with? The Manor was exactly what it's namesake implied, made of lies. One had to wonder if the manor ever existed at all, you were sure it did --- but you had to wonder how you managed to misfollow the map so greatly that you ended up in the ruins of the castle rather than the manor that you had initially intended. You supposed it was a blessing in disguise, you had become so used to ghost and dark types in your life that a change of pace was welcome. The aura of madness that surrounded this place resounded so greatly in your heart, you had to wonder what you would find here --- it was certainly an exciting place.

Your Litwick had become afraid following the illusions, uncharacteristic, sure. But you were sure watching the location change so vividly in front of you must be quite confusing for such small Pokemon. You glanced around, that girl had said that you were free to explore... but where to go? One place in particular had caught your eye, the throne room. You realised it would most certainly be empty, but the thought of being in such a large castle with such a sinister air hanging over all of it was so exhilarating. You felt a certain familiarity here, placing your hands upon the walls. The destructive nature of it all, it reminded you of home... the terrors that followed you and caused you to forget. All you can remember is the fire, the calamity, the death...

You shook your head, every so often the bits and pieces of your shattered memories would slowly fall into place and allow you to remember something of the past. However, maybe some horrible events are better left forgotten? You could remember names, important details, and the name of a friend that was missing, or perhaps dead. He crossed your mind often, you wondered if perhaps you were going as crazy as the mad king. As you walked down the torn apart and weathered walls, you noticed deep holes in the floor. It was an odd site, such a beautiful and historic location torn to pieces by age and neglect was somewhat saddening. As you hopped past the deep holes, you noticed something peaking out at you from a darkened doorway. Bright eyes and a certain gleam coming from it's surface, once it noticed you eyeing it, it ducked itself back into the shadows from whence it came. It was a curious sight in these halls, you had to wonder what it could possibly be... and why it was so intent on keeping an eye on you without being seen.

Should you follow whatever that was? What do you do?

Your Pokemon seemed to be taking the battle rather poorly, the Croagunk had slowly limped away after being forcably shoved aside by Oisin. He appreciated the concern of your Pokemon, especially that strangers had come to help his family. He was so exhausted from the battle with the three vicious snakes that two of his teammates had to help him get away faster than he was before, one was the Oddish from before, she gave a passing glance to Tengu, hoping he had no bitten off more that he could chew. The small Oddish and a Bellsprout quickly escorted their leader away, knowing that they needed to treat his wounds quickly.

Knowing that your trio was vastly outnumbered by the snakes in terms of strength and skill, you sent out another Pokemon --- one who had a type based advantage against the snakes, your small Drowzee. The Drowzee in question wasn't exactly a fighter, she much prefered to observe Pokemon and come up with logical conclusions. In this way, she was much like an intelligence agent for your team. Despite this, the Drowzee realised that sometimes bad Pokemon deserved to be attacked. Sometimes when Pokemon were putting others in danger, they needed to be stopped by any means necessary --- even if it meant using some force. Baku glanced towards her trainer, following her command for a Psyshock --- however, she decided that out of the trio of her friends that were fighting, Oisin probably needed the most help. The Deerling was stubborn, sure. But he was already taking heavy damage from the large lead snake. She jumped to his side, unleashing a Psyshock that caused the snake to hiss out in pain loudly. It eyed it's new attacker and quickly slithered towards her, Beating Her up with it's thick head and body. Baku stepped back slightly, the dark type pummelling had hit her somewhat hard, but she knew she had to stay strong.

Oisin stared down the snake, it had hurt him quite a bit --- and now it was attacking his friend. He unleashed a barrage of seeds, hitting the Arbok in a bombing sort of formation. The snake hissed in annoyance, the seeds didn't hit for very much damage and all they really seemed to do was piss the snake off even further. It coated it's tail in an iron like substance and swung it at Oisin but the little deer was quick enough to avoid the hit, forcing the Arbok's tail to hit the ground hard. The other two Ekans unleashed their own attacks in response to being attacked, DTM had used Foresight on her Ekans, causing it to respond with a rather Scary Face. Tengu blasted his Ekans with a Bullet Seed, to which it only gave a mere smirk in response. It quickly slithered towards Tengu and wrapped it's body around it, squeezing Tengu hard in it's grasp.

The battle continues forwards, how will you act? What do you do?

=-------------------~morningstar~-------------------=

Once the Pokemon had revealed itself to be, well, a Pokemon. You felt a lot more comfortable. You had come here freely, but the thought of dealing with some terrifying otherworldly being or eldritch creature was certainly terrifying. Although the little candle beast was indeed a Pokemon, you couldn't exactly say you were familiar with it --- the only thing you knew for sure was that the fire was bad news for your companion. Your Mawile looked rather determined and angry, determined to win and perhaps angry over the burn she was suffering from, or maybe angry over what the somewhat cute creature had done to that poor little girl.

Speaking of the girl, she was still unconscious in your arms. Her body was gradually regaining it's colour the longer she was away from the candle, her skin was also getting bouncier and more youthful. It was almost like watching a corpse slowly begin to reanimate itself, but you had to admit that you were happy that the young girl was at least able to bounce back so quickly from such a horrible event. You had to hope that she would wake up soon, you had to assume that her parents were worried sick about her. Her dishevelled appearance lead you to believe that she had been out here for quite some time, if you had arrived just a moment later... who knows what would've become of her.

You glanced back towards Eclair, commanding her to Taunt the creature so it couldn't make itself any smaller. The candle creature let out a whaling moan in response, saddened and enraged --- it had fallen for the Taunt of the Mawile. It opened it's mouth, allowing for some foul smelling Smog to seep out. Luckily for Eclair, it's steel typing prevented it from getting poisoned or even hurt by the move in question. However... you could still smell the repulsive stink, causing you to cover your nose. How could such an adorable candle produce such an absolutely horrible and rank smell? Coughing through your hand, you commanded Eclair to rush towards the creature and Tickle it to catch it off guard. The Mawile obeyed, jumping towards the creature, which was still emitting the gas from it's mouth. The Mawile began to Tickle the waxy body of the candle, causing it to stop spitting out the smog and let out a small giggle. Once the creature was caught off guard, Eclair bit down hard with it's large second head. The candle gave a pathetic sort of wail, causing tears to fall from it's eyes. The move had done a significant amount of damage to the creature, and it was beginning to get upset. The creature let out a scream and blasted a Spinning pillar of Fire towards Eclair, it did moderate damage to the Mawile but it also stayed on her. She was trapped in the vortex of flames, eyeing you with a concerned glance.

The battle continues, the Litwick is looking a bit worse off than Eclair. What do you do?
Old 09-01-2017, 09:53 AM   #122
Patches
Shake it!

Quote:
=-------------------~Patches~-------------------=

Well... this was a sad day. You had missed the festival, and what a surefire disappointment that was. However, you notice the remnants of some sort of party. Your eyes are first drawn to the large banner, which for some reason looks like it's addressing you in your own handwritting. You're certain that you had not been down here, so how had someone copied your writing to such a degree? Oh well, no true reason for you to really dwell on that fact now. You walk forward towards the pumpkin on the table, upon turning it around to pick it up you notice it's actually carved rather elegantly. You swear it looks like some sort of Pokemon, but you can't really place where you have seen anything that looks like that. It looks dark and whimsical, almost as though it was made of some sort of fabric. Actually, now that you think of it, the Pokemon in the carving kind of looks like your Pikachu... just a little bit distorted. Oh well! You need some sort of souvenir from this place, and this pumpkin reminds you of the unfortunate festival that you messed. You cursed under your breath, you wish they could have at least been somewhat smart and held the festival in the open... but beggars can't be choosers!

You pick up the pumpkin, only to hear what sounds like rock crumbling from nearby. You glance forward, noticing that the wall behind the table was slowly starting to move downward and seemingly revealing a deeper and darker area of the manor. The only issue was it seemed absolutely pitch black back there, and the smell of death was creeping through. It almost reminded you of the smell of that awful incense from the other room, you wished that people wouldn't burn such disgusting smells. You feel drawn to this place in a way, you glance at the darkness... and then back towards the pumpkin in your hands. Had something opened this for you? Or was the pumpkin some sort of weird switch? It was all very odd, but that cave was certainly interesting. Even though you had missed the party, perhaps there was some sort of small chance that the party goers had just continued deeper into these dark depths in order to be more in private? Your curiosity was getting the better of you, and you were certainly debating going down into this hallway. Your Pikachu, on the other hand, seemed a little afraid.

Should you follow your desire for adventure, or listen to your Pokemon? What do you do?
After deciding not to worry about anything else, Patches goes right for that pumpkin on the table. After turning it around, she is surprised to see that it has been perfectly carved to have a Pokemon of some sort on it. “Wow, I wish I could meet the artist who did this because it’s very beautiful. I feel bad that they left it behind.” As she continues to examine it she realizes that the Pokemon on it appears to somewhat resemble Mio but knows she would probably deny it if she told her so she keeps that to herself. Regardless, she needed to bring home this souvenir so without hesitation she begins to pick up the pumpkin, only as soon as she does a nearby wall begins to move downward.

“Agh!” Placing the pumpkin back down Patches quickly covers her nose. “Why does this place smell so bad everywhere? Why are they so bad at picking air fresheners?” She takes a moment to prepare herself for the odor before releasing her grip on her nose, it’s still bad but not as bad as it was when it was a surprise smell assault just moments ago. Now that she has calmed down from the shock of the smell, she glances back and forth between the pumpkin and the now open and completely dark cave thing that was now in front of her. “Hey Mio and Kiku, are either of you able to see anything?” At this point Kiku was fearlessly sitting as close to the opening as possible and peering into the darkness. Mio on the other hand was no longer on her trainer’s shoulder and was back at the ladder that they took in order to get down here and is now trying to get Patches' attention. The Pikachu was very concerned with this passageway and something felt way off about it. “Hmm… Maybe the festival didn’t end after all… There is a good chance they just went down wherever this leads, but it’s so dark… and smelly.” As Patches tries to decide what she’s going to do she kind of hopes her Pokemon will lend their opinions, but she seems to be pretty oblivious to Mio clearly trying to go back and is more focused on Kiku who is sitting right at the edge of the darkness. As she focuses on him she also pulls out a fabric grocery bag that she always keeps in her bag and opens it up, gently placing the pumpkin inside of it before slinging it over her shoulder. Finally, Kiku yawns, looks back at Patches and gives her one of his mischievous smiles before turning back around and taking off full speed into the darkness, he completely disappears because of the dark in the blink of an eye. “Ahh! Kiku, no! There is no way you can see in there!! Mio! We have to help him!” Without even thinking about it anymore, Patches charges into the darkness after him and of course Mio knows she can’t just let them into that underground cave alone and quickly catches up to Patches and also uses Flash in order to help light the way.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 09-03-2017, 01:42 AM   #123
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
Château du Roi Fou - Castle of the Mad King
Legends say that over a thousand years ago, Le Marécage Noir was a very different place - a vibrant land ruled by a gracious King from his extraordinary castle in the valleys to the north of the region. One dark day, the King suddenly became consumed with insatiable greed and gluttony. Ultimately, his envy consumed him, and his self-destruction became the catalyst of a great calamity that changed the course of Fizzby history. Now just a memory of an era long forgotten, the Castle of the Mad King has weathered the tests of time, offering sanctuary to Steel-types and some Dragon-type Pokemon - the latter of which they say are rarer, but are drawn to the Mad King's energy that still lingers to this day... Please reply in SteelBlue.

Jayson had set out for the Black Bayou as soon as he heard rumour of a castle that still stood in the valleys to the north of the region. Boudicca maintain a steady gallop, the Mudsdale wasn't the fastest but her stamina was unquestionable, she could hold this pace all day. Jayson was eager to get to the castle and the mysteries that it held. He wasn't exactly sure whether anyone still manned the castle or not, perhaps there would still be knights around. He would enjoy that, he was fond of the sword and would enjoy the opportunity to train and spar with proper knights, he might even be able to upgrade his own armour. He was also eager to encounter some new Pokemon, perhaps even a Dragon type. While he had plenty of experience with Steel types, he had only had a little experience with the exotic Dragon type.

Boudicca continued to thunder across the ground, the path through the valley was faded, it didn't seem to be well traveled, at least not anymore. The castle was soon in sight, the towering mass of stone stood out from the natural surrounds. Jayson slowed the Mudsdale down into a trot, he looked around for signs of people or Pokemon but nothing seemed to stand out. Atalanta the Dartrix, who had been napping atop Boudicca's head, ruffles her feathers as she wakes up to take in their new surroundings. The hair on the back of Jayson's neck was standing on end, something felt strange about this place, there was something in the air but he couldn't isolate what it was. He kept his hand on the pommel of his sword, just in case they were ambushed.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 09-09-2017 at 01:23 AM.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:28 AM   #124
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Raves- The drunkard sends the Tangrowth on the attack once more, its vines lash out as Aken surrounds himself in a glowing aura. The vines wrap around the Nincada's body, quickly binding him up. While the Tangrowth attempts to crush the Nincada, you question the bouncer on why exactly the man had been kicked out.

"Eh this place can have a strong effect on some people, some tend to get a bit too emotional and can't control themselves. He got into a fight with his girlfriend, got really scrappy."

Switching your attention back to the battle, you see the aura surrounding Aken slowly begin to grow. The Tangrowth tries another approach, it begins to twist and turn its vines, attempting to wring the Nincada out like a wet teatowel. Aken screeches in pain as he tries to concentrate on maintaining his Bide, but the Tangrowth's attack is made stronger by his healthy nature. Tangrowth takes pleasure in the Nincada's pained cries and continues to tighten its grip, but it doesn't notice the aura around Aken growing. Suddenly the energy growing around Aken erupts, letting out a powerful blast of energy that knocks the Tangrowth onto its back. Stunned, the Tangrowth is slow to move, its grip on Aken loosens. The Bug type takes the opportunity and bursts free, swiping wildly with metal coated claws ripping at the vines that held him.

"Get up! You're going to let the bloody bug beat you!" The drunk shouts at his Pokemon, clearly pissed off by its poor performance. Aken gives it no time to react, the Nincada quickly sinks its teeth into the Grass type and sucks away more of its vitality. Aken is still looking rather healthy, while the Tangrowth is already looking worse for wear.

"Are you fucking serious!" Suddenly a raven haired woman appears behind the drunk. Her mascara is running down her face, an empty wine bottle is grasped by her right hand. In a swift motion the woman swings the bottle around, shattering it across the back of the drunk's head as he crumbles to the ground. The woman spits on his unconscious body, "dirt bag, that'll teach you to break your promises."The woman collects two Pokeballs from the now unconscious drunk and recalls the Pangoro and the Tangrowth. She places the Tangrowth's Pokeball next to him, while pocketing the Pangoro's."She's coming with me, you treated her almost as bad as you treated me." Her business completed the woman stumbles off down the street, struggling to maintain stability on her high heels.

"Well that was eventful, feel free to head on it when you want to", the bouncer smiled before turning his attention elsewhere. The drunk was barely moving, thankfully you could tell he was still alive, his chest was still moving up and down as he breathed.

"Not bad, nice to see someone that can handle themselves", a man walks up from behind you. He appeared to be in his mid thirties, his black hair was neatly cut and he was well dressed."The name's Jake, I'm a private investigator, the city has currently employed me to investigate some rather obscene rumours about this establishment."The detective moves past you and makes his way towards the unconscious man. Crouching down he pulls back the man's eyelid to get a look at his eye."Yep, that checks out at least", dusting off his hands, Jake makes his way back over to you."There were reports that this club has come up with some sort of party drug. It apparently messes with peoples emotions, most get a sense of euphoria but some react adversely, becoming overly aggressive or unstable, which can cause issues. I would say this fella had a slight adverse reaction, so you could imagine if someone really reacted badly to the stuff. I could use some assistance in my investigation, you handled yourself well here, would you consider working with me?"

Bel and Aken gained 2 levels!

The drunk's aggressive nature and reason for eviction were answered in a timely manner by the bouncer, telling the woman that the man had an argument with his girlfriend, which turned violent. She gave a slight roll of the eyes, as though this was typical behaviour, before watching as the Nincada was ensnared by the Tangrowth, while biding his time. He could withstand whatever it threw at him, though the sudden twisting motion actually was rather painful. Still, Aken'Thaal screeched in defiance, brought on from pain, and as the Tangrowth grew cocky, he took his chance to let loose the gathered energy to blast the beast in its face.

The grass type toppled over like a sawn tree, leaving the shiny ample opportunity to slice the vines gripping him, the drunk's frustrations continuing to build as the smaller pokemon ran rings around the larger one, sapping life from it once more, and the human wondered whether the thug would snap. As it turned out, however, the battle was interrupted with grievous bottley harm from a scorned lady. The woman, who was clearly the drunk's soon-to-be ex, had clouted him round the head, knocking the fool clean out.

"Stand down, Aken'Thaal. It appears the threat is over for now," the trainer called, while the woman grabbed the fallen fools' pokeballs and recalled both the grass pokemon and the Pangoro, to Bel's relief. Pocketing the panda, she staggered off, the fighting pokemon evidently hers, and she presumed said fool hadn't traded for it per se. The entertained bouncer turned elsewhere, while behind the black-haired woman another figure appeared.

The figure turned out to be a man, well dressed and with a professional air around him. As she withdrew the golden cicada, he introduced himself as Jake, an investigator hired by the city to deal with some shady goings on. On checking the drunk, he relayed to her the gist of things: Apparently the club before her had been producing some sort of narcotic, and people have had bad reactions to it, and having seen her skills, wanted her to assist in the investigation.

"Huh. So much for the whole 'drunk and disorderly' aspect they were leading here with. As it turns out, I have my own agenda," she stated quite bluntly as the Mawile returned to her side, "but with no direct leads, I feel that aiding you could prove a worthwhile distraction. As for my own introductions, you may call me...Hephae." It was most certainly not her actual name, but the woman had her own story to tell, and this Jake fellow was not the sort of person who she would be anywhere near comfortable knowing her true identity. There was only one group who knew who she was, and it turns out that group was who she worked for, though in these circumstances she had full reign over her quest behind the mysterious key. "Come then, Jake, shall we?"

Unruly Premonition.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #125
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
134: - Update Music

You weren’t sure what the hell was happening, but you knew you had to find your Houndour. Immediately.

You banged on the door desperately, demanding the groundskeeper open it at once to help you find your Pokemon. For the first time, the groundskeeper reacted with a display of emotion on his face, and a very inhuman one at that. He furrowed his brow and wrinkled his face, but it was not a natural expression. Still, he did not say anything. You continued to bang furiously, calling for Pouli, when suddenly the door swung open, but it wasn’t the same room you had just been in.

No. This was not right. This didn’t make any sense.

This was the Adoption Center.

Except… something wasn’t right. No - nothing was right. It was dark, and completely devoid of any life - as though it had been abandoned for years. Before you could fully absorb the scene before you, there was a tug on your shoulder.

“Tate? Is… is that you?” An older woman you did not recognize stood in the doorway - and the hallway you had just been standing in was now gone, as was the groundskeeper. For someone who sounded surprised, her face was completely expressionless. “I haven’t seen you in… well, a very long time. Why don’t you come with me and we can catch up over some tea? I insist.”

Next to the woman, on the wall, was a crumpled, half-torn missing poster with a picture of a Houndour on it.

MISSING POKEM
NAME: POULI
REWARD IF F
CONTACT TA

For a moment, something odd happened; the woman began to sink into the floor, and as she did, the sound of desperate barking could be heard once more in the distance. You blinked, and the missing poster was now gone completely. The woman was standing normally as she had been prior.

“So, what do you say, Tate?”

"Lady, I don't know you," Tate snapped, sounding frustrated. Things were getting weird, fast. One minute, hey're in the Black Bayou, and the next minute, they're in the Adoption Center, half a region away?! Who the fuck was this woman?! Where was Pouli?! Did this spooky bitch just sink through the floor?!

Tate's thoughts raced, and very little registered with the frazzled and increasingly frantic trainer. Unnerved and not exactly keen on being alone, Tate practically tore a Luxury Ball from its clip on the braided leather belt which held up tomato colored cargo sorts, lobbing it into the air gracelessly. A lepidopteran wearing red and green goggles materialized.

"Freeeee!" Lele trilled.

"Stay close to me," Tate commanded of the Butterfree. "Pouli is missing, and we're going to find her. I-I don't know where we are, but I know she's here... somewhere. Let's look outside."

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records