UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2017, 05:20 AM   #151
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- Looking to put the loss behind him, Munchlax makes his way up to the table, a massive grin on his. The Lombre suddenly stumble backwards as they hear a mighty roar, they look around quickly for signs of danger. However that roar was not from some wild Pokemon, that roar came from Munchlax's stomach. The Normal type found himself hungrier than ever, having to physically exert himself in the race had drastically increased his appetite. This was his contest to lose. He looks his opponent in the eyes, a mountain of tomales is piled up in front of each of them.

"Alright hombre, there should be 100 in each pile. First to finish them all wins." The Lombre not participating prepares to start the contest, Staryu hovers nearby, keeping a close eye on the shifty duo. "On your marks, get set.....................EAT!"

Both Pokemon get off to a flying start shoveling the spicy samples into their moves, barely taking the time to chew. Munchlax slowly begins to take the lead however the food is spicier than expected. Beads of sweat begin to roll down his head but he pushes on, slowly extending his lead. Before long Munchlax has cleared half his plate with the Lombre clearly trailing. As if by fate a strong wind begins to blow, picking up sand and sending it straight into the Munchlax's eyes. Despite barely being able to see, Munchlax continues to shovel the tomales into his mouth, eating a fair bit of sand in the process. The pile seems to be running out, he was nearly there, victory was within the Munchlax's grasp.

"Finished", shouts the Lombre, "I told you I would win!" The wind begins to drop and the sand settles, eventually Munchlax sees the Lombre's empty plate while three tomales still sit on his own. How had the Lombre caught up? It didn't make any sense, he had a massive lead before the wind picked up. That is when he notices Staryu, spinning wildly around the pair of Lombre, gem flashing angrily. Scooping up and finishing the last three tomale, Munchlax makes his way around to confront the pair, Staryu must have seen something.

"Go away you pesky Staryu!" The Lombre attempt to swat Staryu away, irritated by its presence, "we won fair and square!" As Munchlax looks the pair over, nothing seems to be out of place but then Staryu bustles in between the pair and begins to spin around in the sand. The sand sprays everywhere until Staryu comes to a stop, floating back to reveal a pile of forty or so tomales buried in the sand. Staryu had court the pair cheating! "Fine we cheated alright, we didn't expect you to be able to handle the heat of them, especially since we gave you the extra spicy ones. That's a win a piece, looks like we need a tie breaker."

The Lombre discuss the plan for the next competition between themselves before eventually settling on a plan. "Alright the final contest will be a treasure hunt, one verse one again, Staryu verse myself", the Lombre who hadn't participated in the eating contest propose the challenging, singling out Staryu. "We search the beach, whoever finds the most valuable item wins. We will have a ten minute time limit, you can search the through the sand and the ocean, but no assistance from your partner or you are disqualified." The final contest has been outlined, but where would Staryu search and would it be able to overcome the Lombre who has a home field advantage?

Munchlax gained 1 level
Munchlax stared at Staryu in astonishment with a side of frustration. He'd been dismissing the starfish as a coniving trickster, but at the end of it all, it was precisely that psychic inclination that had helped them secure the victory in the round - not that Munchlax losing an eating contest was ever the question, but he'd entirely expected the Lombre duo to cheat once again. Regardless, without Staryu's help, he never would've thwarted their plan on his own.

Before being tasked by Gottfried to take care of Rorik, Munchlax would often watch the Champion's bouts at Caer Valheim - not yet strong enough to compete himself, he would see how Gottfried would always graciously (if always in his usual rough, brisk manner) complement the challengers on their efforts. The "Norse God" of Heiml remained undefeated, but his opponents would walk away with a sense of accomplishment regardless of the actual result. Munchlax always thought that behaiour was at odds with Gottfried's stoic, harsh personality, and had never really understood why he'd go out of his way to pretend to be sociable with the Trainers he'd just trampled. It wasn't until he, too, started receiving praise from Rorik that he realized how good it felt to be commended for one's efforts, and now, as much as it pained him, he had to admit Staryu deserved praise of its own.

Swallowing his pride (a decidedly less tasty meal than the one he'd just had), the bear approached the starfish and, after a moment of silence that seemed to go on forever, finally extended a hand for a fist bump. Staryu stared back at closed fist, taking a while to interpret its meaning, but when it finally did its gem flashed in sign of happiness, and it touched Munchlax's hand with the tip of one of its appendages. In its current situation, anatomically speaking, it was the best makeshift fist bump it could muster.

The Lombre hombres, in turn, weren't all too pleased with the round's outcome. Not only had they been caught red-handed, they'd effectively been bested by Munchlax at their own game. And as a result, a tie-breaker was in order!

To nobody's surprise, the last challenge was also a rigged game from the start - a treasure hunt on the Lombre's native grounds. No doubt the Grass-Types knew this place like the back of their ugly green hands, whereas Staryu, of course, did not.
The starfish, however, seemed undaunted. It stepped forward boldly, standing side by side with the Lombre that would be its opponent, while it was Munchlax's time to stay behind.

The bear watched on, knowing it would have to return the favour - because when the Lombre said "no assistance from your partner", it was fairly obvious that rule applied toRorik's Pokémon more than it did to them, if the "fairness" on display in the previous rounds was anything to go by. With that in mind, Munchlax kept a very close eye on the inactive Lombre, ready to pounce at the slightest sign of trickery.

Staryu scoured the beach and the ocean, wondering where to go first. It had no way of knowing, naturally, and expecting the Lombre to play fair was wishful thinking at best - like a human kid playing hide and seek in the street he was born in, the Grass-Type had an innate advantage that a foreigner could not compete with.

Which was why the best approach was to gain as much knowledge as the opponent.

Staryu's gem glimmered for a fraction of a second. Getting Munchlax to do its bidding, albeit questionable, had always been relatively easy; his brain was an open book because the simple-minded bear had nothing to hide. The Lombre, however, thrived on deceit, and probing his memories might prove a little harder - which was why a weak, imperceptible Psywave might be helpful in reading his mind and obtaining as much information about the layout of the beach as it could. Then, they would be on equal footing, and a fair treasure hunt could finally begin.

All the while, another thought rested on Staryu's mind - it had been ashore for a long time now. Its body craved a quick dive; not to mention that, as a rule of thumb, the sea swallowed all - even if probing Lombre's mind was unsuccessful, underwater treasures were often left undisturbed for greater periods of time, away from human meddling. For all those reasons, the sea might prove a more productive sight as far as precious loot went
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #152
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 210
Kyuu-Tales:

The wind howls ever louder, its force requiring Seiza to stay on guard constantly, lest it be blown away down the mountain. Still, the Frosslass’s voice rings clearly in its mind, and what it says leaves the Bronzor quite concerned.
At the Steel-Type’s reaction, Frosslass smiles. She bows gracefully as a small rift opens behind her, splitting reality apart, before growing to the size of a gate. Seiza can’t make out what lies beyond, just a swirling mess of light and darkness entwined in a dizzying dance.

”Solid as the stone huts of Vivacious Village is the truth I speak. There is nothing but disgrace to be found in this mountain. Enter the portal and be reunited with your friends.”

-----

Whereas Baian, the more diplomatic of the explorer duo, tries to draw more information from the ominous Ghost, Aiolia is not half as inclined to mince words. Unlike Seiza, the pair isn’t so inclined to take Frosslass’s word for granted, but unperturbed, the spirit grants Baian the answer he requested.

”Your companion is threatened by the unrelenting winds of the mountaintop, and will not withstand the next gust. The mountain repels it even as we speak; lest you hurry, all you will found its shattered corpse at the foot of the Frozen Fjords."

A spherical portal opens out of thin air, a whirl of colours spinning erratically within, and the ghost motions for you to enter. Then, turning its attention to Aiolia, its tone changes dramatically, as does the very atmosphere that surrounds them. The Litleo seems to have angered it…

”Unearth a lie in my discourse, or do not question the truth I speak. Challenge me and the mountain at your own peril."

Baian and Aiolia think back to Frosslass’s words when they first crossed paths– was there a lie, a mistake they missed? Or are their suspicions unfounded?
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 08-19-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:25 PM   #153
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Meetan: The Pumpkaboo trio advance undeterred in the face of danger, or perhaps just too hungry to properly evaluate the situation. As a result, they react much too slowly, and before they know it, Samantha is already digging her Fire Fangs into one of the oncoming Ghosts. It screeches in pain, reeling from the damaging hit, its pumpkin-like body scorched and pierced... and yet it does not relent.

A swirl of leaves materializes behind the injured Pumpkaboo before homing in on the Snubbull, each like a blade slashing away at the dog's tiny frame. Fortunately, a few of the Razor Leaves veer off-path thanks to the sudden chilly wind that blows in the opposite direction, courtesy of Nina, whose Powder Snow is also proving quite effective against the living plants.

Suddenly, one of the Pumpkaboo vanishes into thin air, before emerging from Nina's own shadow and striking her from behind with Shadow Sneak, sending the young Vulpix to the ground. It floats ominously above the Ice-Type, eager to drink its cooling energy; it arches its body back, and unleashes a barrage of Bullet Seeds at point-blank range... but they bounce harmlessly off a previously-invisible Barrier hastily conjured by the inexperienced Mimi! Capitalizing on the Pumpkaboo's confusion, the Mime Jr. adds some of her own, tampering as best she can with the ghost's mind with a Confusion of her own, but to little effect...

What does prove extremely effective is Farfetch'd's contribution: biding his time to pick his target, the samurai-like wild duck finally sets his sights on the Pumpkaboo already injured by Fire Fang and Powder Snow, and with blinding-fast speed lunges at it. An Aerial Ace later, one that would've made Kojiro Sasaki proud, and the ghost screeched one final time, before evaporating completely from the field of battle and, quite possibly, the material world altogether.

"We must not relent," insisted Farfetch'd. "We outnumber them! Let us dispatch these minor foes so we can move forward!"
"Thank you, Mimi." Nina's voice was as soft as her fur and the snow that swayed the natural blades, bright eyes casting over to the nervous psychic. She had picked herself up, shaking off the unexpected blow as their quest-giver stepped in, catching sight of the first enemy fall. Samantha was mouthing off at the other Pumpkaboo, who looked too dead and hungry (what a combination) to probably be taking any of it in, anyway.

Moments after, Alice's Pokemon all exchanged glances. It was a relief that the Farfetch'd was providing more than morale support, but that was clearly appreciated, too, and seeing that one Pumpkaboo had fallen made the trio even more resolute. Mimi, who was particularly daunted by this whole affair, especially benefited from the bird's focus and aid, and Samantha was particularly spurred on by results despite the scratches cutting up her nice pink fur. How dare they.

"Again!" Nina insisted, and although the dog looked peeved to be having her pretend-leadership taken from her, the other doesn't protest. Tails fluttered once more as the fox kit went in for a second, hopefully effective powder snow, and this time Samantha changes tack. The Snubbull's mouth froths over with ice and a bright light, and the Pokemon decides to make an assault with frostbitten fangs. Mimi's barrier hopefully still intact, she aimed her confusion at the Pumpkaboo attacking Sammi, deciding that one looked the most perilous out of the remaining two. Her little hands were swirling, waving, glowing a distinct darker shade of blue against the mild snowstorm. It might have been a weak attack, but it was all the baby had, and she would hone her psychic skills here and hope for the best. It wasn't like she could mimic these beasties to death! ... Right?
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:56 PM   #154
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 344
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Patches:

Undeterred by the ominous roar, the trio proceeds into the cave - then again,
it's not like they had a choice. Mio seems to be, as usual, the more motivated of the group, and takes the lead with her mind made up, unlike her two...
less-than-reliable companions.

The large opening on the wall gives way to a tunnel that stretches deep into the bowels of the earth. As the group progresses, they notice the wide corridor is surprisingly well-lit... but the method is a terrifying sight: trapped in cages sculpted into the rock itself, several weak, malnourished Volbeat are forced to continuously emit light; however, some of these cages do not contain Volbeat anymore, but rather slumbering Litwick with a faint flame... is that what the Bug-Types turn into when they die in captivity?...

The tunnel goes on, eventually begin to bend downwards and widening even more as you keep walking, eventually ending in an opening even larger than the one you came in from; however, you don't wind up back outside, but rather find yourselves in a huge circular chamber deep within the mountain's entrails. And lying on the ground at the very center is the one the Mandibuzz called "Ancient", staring straight at you with amusement and malice in its eyes.

"Welcome to my humble quarters," it growls ominously. "Make yourselves at home."

Slowly, the colossal beast rises, deciding it'd had enough rest. Such is its massive height that its head almost scrapes the chamber's ceiling; its body is covered in rock-like scales, and the most frightening aspect of the titan is its gigantic jaw. The Tyrantrum's roar is deafening, echoing across the chamber,
but the group can't shake off the feeling that it was a mere chuckle. And if so, how terrifying would its actual Roar be?...

"Treasure hunters, I assume," it speaks in a grave, raspy tone charged with patronizing sarcasm. "Off to please your precious human Trainer, no doubt. Tell me, adventurers: which of you is that human's favourite? Dare I say... the strongest?"

The beast smirks as it concludes, leaving the trio with an unexpected question; what could its purpose be? If the party is indeed invading its territory, why does it seem more inclined to talk than to devour the thieves?
As they walk down the path it’s impossible to not notice the extremely depressing situation the caged Volbeat are in. Kei is staying silent but has tears streaming down his face as he slowly walks down the path. His heart is hurting for the poor Pokemon and he wishes there was something he could do for them but also feared for his own wellbeing if he were to step in. Mio on the other hand was getting more and more furious the deeper into the tunnel they go. “What kind of monster is this “Ancient” anyway!? Look at this!” She says to the others as she points at one of the cages with a malnourished Volbeat doing its best to emit light to help brighten up the corridor. Kei just begins to sniffle and Momo looks at the Volbeat with indifference. “It’s not all that bad. Once they turn into one of those, their job will be a lot easier. Heck, these things are still managing to light this place up even while their sleeping.” Momo replies while nonchalantly nudging his head in the direction of one of the Litwick’s. Mio smacks Momo’s head and continues to angrily stomp deeper into the tunnel. Momo rolls his eyes and continues to follow along with the crying Kei following closely behind.

After a long walk, they finally find themselves in a huge circular chamber where a gigantic Tyrantrum is laying. Kei’s eyes dry right up as he forgets what he was even sad about because now he is overcome with fear as he watches the Ancient stand up and hears the menacing Roar from its laughter. Mio’s confidence momentarily wavers for the first time all day, the large Pokemon has a very demanding presence that not even she could ignore. She does her best to swallow that small moment of fear and continues to stand tall in the Ancient’s presence. Momo on the other hand, is just standing there imagining what it would be like to ride on top of the Tyrantrum’s head.

“Off to please your precious human Trainer, no doubt. Tell me, adventurers: which of you is that human's favourite?” Momo knows that this is his moment to take over the lead since the favorite has always very clearly been him. He licks his paw and uses it to wipe the fur back on top of his head then puffs out his chest and begins to step forward. “Why of course, that would be-”

“Dare I say... the strongest?” Before Momo gets to finish his sentence, the beast adds an extra little qualification to his question.

“Kei. That would be Kei.” He knows that if this guy is looking for the “strongest” then that means whatever he plans on having the one who is chosen do, must involve work and that is not something Momo has any interest in. “WhAt!?” Kei lets out a loud high-pitched squeak of a word in response. “M-m-m-m-eEE??” Kei is struggling to speak words at this point as he does his best to avoid making eye contact with the Tyrantrum. Mio just rolls her eyes, she has a lot that she wants to get off her chest but knows that right now it would be best to see what this “Ancient” has planned before she really speaks her mind. For now, she decides it’s best to be truthful with him since it looks like he would see through any deception. “Our trainer doesn’t have a favorite, she has a very unique personality and she seems to love everyone in her life equally. However, if you’re asking for the strongest, although I really hate to admit it, that would be Momo.” She explains. Momo gives Mio a look of pure shock before turning back to the Ancient. “No! No way! I have such a delicate body I’m not built for manual labor!” He is now starting to regret begging Patches to leave him in Daycare. All he wanted was to have other people and Pokemon carry him around for a little while, he didn’t care about the level gains. “I’ll admit it, I am our trainers favorite but Kei is really the better choice when it comes to strength!” After Momo finishes his statement Kei just gasps in response.

Ignoring Momo’s comment about being the favorite, Mio decides to speak again since it’s clear the other two aren’t helping at all. “What I said is true, Momo is the strongest, at least physically. So, if that is what you want then there you have it. However, as I’m sure you have already observed, I am the one with the strongest spirit while Kei is the one with the strongest heart. With that in mind, you should be able to determine which one of us is the “strongest” for whatever you have planned for us next.” Mio is doing her best to suppress her inner rage as she speaks respectfully to the Ancient. She knows she needs to wait for the proper timing before she acts.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:55 PM   #155
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post


Radiant Rainforest - Nestled in between the southern and eastern docks is a lush jungle, filled with tall trees, fanning ferns, verdant vines and rambling routes between them. Grass and Bug Pokémon live in harmony in the canopy and brush alike. The climate is a bit humid but never too hot, and a constant rain falls over the forest, but the sun will shine through, casting rainbows over the foliage at nearly every moment! Please use mediumspringgreen.

A vacation was just what he needed. At least, that's what the Timburr felt like what he needed anyways. It was annoying to him that the rest of his teammates couldn't respect his sense of personal space, and was worse when they tried to shout at him. Tried. Being deaf had its benefits, at least. Why he had to drag along the Pansage, he had no damn clue. This island was supposedly for treasure hunting? That didn't sound particularly enjoyable to Terrance. Making sentences for those who couldn't sign was already a treasure hunt in itself. He might need a new log soon, but, he couldn't bare to part from the old, brittle thing. It was a part of him, very much as Timburr's log is to any self-respecting one. He couldn't just get rid of it.

Though the real annoyance for him was being dragged around the damned island. The Pansage... Bracken was it? Wanted to perform some sort of... rock concert? Why the deaf one had to go with the musician, Terrance didn't know. Was it some cruel twist of fate? Eh, most likely not. At least the Pansage was a chilled out dude. The Timburr never really interacted with him back at the base. It wasn't really a fitting combination, one who lived for music, while the other couldn't even hear a sound. Maybe that's why their trainer had them go together? Who honestly knows.

The rain forest was also the last place that Terrance had in mind. Weren't concerts usually held in like, desolate valleys or beaches? Why would the grass type want to hold one here...? Wait, grass-type. He answered his own damn question. Terrance sighed, looking at the trees around him. The beach would've been better. At least he could've slept on the beach, maybe watched the waves while the Pansage did his own thing. Speaking of the Pansage, where was he? Terrance looked around, and soon saw his fellow teammate emerge from the foliage in front of him. He couldn't care less what he was doing, but at least Bracken checked up on him. That's... nice? Who knows. With an awkward nod, the fighting-type curled up on the ground, ready to sleep. He could see the Pansage practicing with his guitar, but besides that he knew nothing of what was going on. At least nothing was bothering them, that was certainly a relief.

__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #156
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Sorry for the delay! 🙇

♨ Bubbling Beach ♨


134


Pouli makes an aggressive showing, stomping about and howling before heading directly into the isopod's den, wisps of ethereal fire surrounding her. Showing a great deal of frustration in spite of her typically sanguine demenaor, she directs the smoggy smoke from the flames into the den, along with some choice words, hoping to draw out the underhanded bugs.

It doesn't take much provocation and smoke for Golisopod and Wimpod to come out from their hiding place, though they clearly look quite unhappy that they were forced from their hole. Golisopod glares at the two of you with some clear anger, obviously not too keen on being so rudely bothered by an impetuous pup.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" the Golisopod snuffs, holding up a large, armored claw threateningly.

"We're here to put an end to your nasty ways!" Pansear declares, raising her fists in a fighting stance.

Golisopod scoffs, "You two? You seem weak. And Fire-types at that. I dare you to defy me."

Pansear takes that challenge to heart, charging at the bug with her hand ablaze to deliver a Fire Punch, but the monkey is batted back with a Razor Shell, Golisopod swiftly clawing at the monkey to send her reeling back. She collapses into the sand, clearly done pretty well in by the hard, super-effective attack. She struggle to her feet, not out yet, but wary of the bug. Golisopod turns to you, looking ready for a repeat performance... how will you respond?

What a repulsive creature. Preying on the weak. Forcing others to steal for him. Up until this point, Pouli had honestly believed in the inherent goodness of all things and all people; now she was faced with a Pokémon whose only thoughts seemed to be fulfilling his own gluttony. She was appalled; disgusted.

“You’re grotesque,” she accused, an eerie calm befalling her, as a terrible and heartbreaking thought occurred to her: “I imagine, deep down, you must hate yourself.”

She pawed the ground. It almost seemed cruel, to do this to a Pokémon whose existence was so hollow and joyless that it revolved only around his own selfish desires, but this had to end, for the sake of the beachgoers. For Pokémon like Pansear and her mate who just wanted to go about their lives, and for Pokémon like Niho who were willing to sacrifice themselves for the good of others, and heck, even for Pokémon like Makamae, who were totally innocent and uninvolved, and needed to stay that way!

She bared her teeth, sharp fangs glinting. Electricity crackled inside of her mouth like rolling thunder; she might have the type disadvantage, but she also had an ace. Her body tensed, every muscle in her torso rimply as she crouched. Then she lunged, jaws open and ready to not simply bite, but to hold on, for as long as it took to get her point across. This ended today; this was not his beach to terrorize. For justice!
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Incognito Isle


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #157
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Kawaiiconcept:

As it turns out, the decision to fight a comrade comes surprisingly easily both to Spiritus and Tengu. It is certainly an unusual sight to see – two Pokemon belonging to the same Trainer having no wualms about hurting one another, especially on behalf of strangers, but then again, the coercion here is undeniable. Tengu seems the most realist of the two, as well as the most level-headed, whereas Spiritus seems to regard the whole thing more like a game than an actual fight.

Spiritus begins by letting loose a cloud of venomous smog, obstructing the field of view, before summoning a spiral of flames to surround his Grass-Type friend, who opts not to mount an offensive of his own right now, allowing the embers to burn him away. Clearly amused at the sight of two companions fighting solely for their entertainment, the Oranguru and Shiftry watch the conflict with great interest and finally decide to up the ante.

“The promise of reward is stronger than your sense of friendship, I see,” says the Psychic-Type Lord. “Let us make things even more interesting, in that case.”

“The Seedot will be my Champion, and the Litwick will be yours,” Shiftry proposes to Oranguru, who nods with visible joy. “Listen closely you two! The one to knock out his foe will be the only one to earn his Lord’s reward!”

“So you better work hard for it, you hear? Put your soul into it,” concludes Oranguru.

Cerno, the judge in this contest and protector of the younger two, keeps watching the battle in silent apprehension. Will the two combatants do as they’re told?

-----


Tengu turned to the lords at those words, "how dare you...how insensitive." his eyeless sockets seemed to pull in the light around him. The sound drained from the world as his rage built. The soul-less acorn opened his mouth and a barrage of bullet-like seeds fired at the lords.
Immediately Cerno flew in front of the grass/dark type "Tengu! what are you doing? They are way too powerful for us!" he held up both arms to try and block the Seedot from offending the powerful monkey pokemon.
Spiritus sensed trouble and glared at the monkeys as if daring them, he had the advantage and could set the whole forest on fire if he wanted to. He didn't want to but he could. Sure, he enjoyed battling but only as a game and he did not enjoy besmirching someone’s honor for one’s own benefit. Therefore, he straitened himself up and used his loudest voice “How dare you besmirch my companion’s name by that insult. He has no soul to fight with and feels the weight of it and how it effects his team every moment of his life. It has made his trainer cry more than once, that leaves damage on a pokemon that cannot be erased. It has been said that he caused a revolution by just existing, you will show him the respect he disserves.” The Litwick’s pink flame glowed brightly in warning and anger. He world cause all the damage that these insensitive things, he didn’t dare to call them pokemon, disserved.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓÒò furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:21 AM   #158
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,925
Maskerade- With the third and final contest underway, Staryu skims along the send, searching for any signs of a valuable item with which to achieve victory. It was clearly at a disadvantage when it came to knowledge of its surroundings, although it seemed to have a slight mobility advantage, easily being able to cover a greater distance than the Lombre. Looking to level things up, Staryu concentrates on sending a low psychic wave towards the Lombre who isn't participating, hoping to be able to read its mind. It takes a few moments to establish a connection, but when it does the Staryu is startled by what it hears. A strange song seems to reverberate through the Lombre's mind, Staryu quickly severs the link, listening to that tune for too long would surely result in insanity.

Probing the Lombre's mind had produced no fruit, there was one other option for the Staryu though. It quickly spun out over the water, gem staring down into the crystal clear water. The sea floor was a mixture of rocky outcrops and seaweed beds, nothing exactly stuck out. Intent on finding something, Staryu continues to search until it catches sight of something, a Clamperl nestled into the ocean floor. It's open shell gave a clear view of the Pokemon, which on first glance seemed to have two heads! Diving down into the water for a better view, Staryu quickly realizes the second head, while roughly the same size as the first, looks remarkably different. The smooth, polished surface glistened in the sunlight that filtered down into the water, it was a Big Pearl! That was certainly a valuable item, Staryu thought as it quickly closes in, preparing to swoop in and steal the prize. As Staryu streaks past a patch of seaweed, a bunch of the plants suddenly lash out, wrapping around it and stopping the starfish in its tracks. Suddenly the Lombre shoots out of nowhere, was it tailing Staryu the whole time? Bubbles rise from its mouth as it laughs uncontrollably as Staryu struggles to break free of the seaweed. Staryu can only watch in dismay as the Lombre sneaks in and snatches up the Big Pearl, tucking the item under its arm as it surfaces and makes its way back towards the beach.

With a strong push the seaweed finally breaks and Staryu catapults forward, crashing into the seafloor. Sand is scattered everywhere, uncovering what appears to be a small wooden box. Time surely running out, Staryu doesn't bother to open the box, instead choosing to pry it from the sand using its psychic abilities and pull it towards shore. Munchlax and the two Lombre are waiting on the shore line as Staryu emerges, the two Lombre are marveling at the reflectiveness of their find, certain they are going to win. Staryu drops the box down in front of Munchlax, who quickly tares the top off of it. All four Pokemon gather around to see the haul, only to find that the box contains three plain old rocks. The Lombre burst into laughter while Munchlax groans in disappointment, Staryu on the other hand spins around in celebration. Compelling Munchlax to do what it wishes once more, Munchlax picks ups one of the stones and gives it a rough brush against its stomach. Gunk quickly rubs off of the rocks, revealing a glistening blue stone beneath, a Water Stone! None of them can believe their eyes, a quick rub of the other two rocks reveals another two Water Stones, for a total of three.

"Eh sorry ese, that is a cool find and all but our Big Pearl is certainly more valuable than one Water Stone." Staryu blinks its gem three times, arguing that they have three Water Stones, not one. "No holmes, the contest was the most valuable 'item', not 'items', so we win." The Lombre give each other a high five, before quickly whispering to each other. "Tell you what though, we will cut you a deal. You give us two of those Water Stones and you can have the Big Pearl and the third Water Stone for yourself. How does that sound? We will even let you make your delivery."

Staryu gained 1 level
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 04:29 PM   #159
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 210
kawaiiconcept:

Enough is enough. Playful competition is all well and fine, but now the Forest’s Lords want you to fight to the finish, and neither of you can fully commit to that level of violence, certainly not against a friend. To make matters worse, the Oranguru has openly taunted Tengu’s lack of a soul, something that was most definitely not a slip of the tongue but a mean-hearted jab from your perspective.

“It seems you’ve finally opened your eyes,” says Shiftry in its cackling, unsettling voice. It gets up slowly before addressing his fellow Lord. “They have a heart after all, even if some of them lack a soul.”

The Oranguru laughs heartily at the sudden change of mindset of the two “champions”.

“It would’ve been much more fun to see you fight one another to the death, but oh well. At least you have a spine – for a moment you had us convinced all you cared about was loot.”

Shiftry motioned for the Passimian army to stand still despite the prisoners’ defiance, and walked over to Spiritus, Cerno and Tengu.

“I cannot wait to see the devastation you bring upon this world,” it says with a somber tone. “I will facilitate that chaos for my own amusement, but you must prove worthy. Forget fighting one another – the three of you will fight me instead. Win, and you will receive the Lords’ blessing.”

Oranguru, meanwhile, does not seem to want to take part in the battle, clearly not fond of physical strain. Instead, he tosses a leather bag at the party’s feet.

“I’ll act as referee, then. And there, you can have that – against a Lord of the Forest, you will need all the help you can get.”

Cerno picks up the bag and opens it to find a collection of similar-looking fruits – it’s a bag with 3x Ganlon Berries!

The true battle is about to begin: the three of you versus Shiftry. It’s time to see what a Lord can do… the Dark-Type stands motionless, as if waiting for you to move first. What will you do?

--------------

Meetan:

Spurred on by Farfetch’d’s display of strength, the group’s confidence is renewed. Mimi struggles to keep up her Barrier, but it’s a good thing she does – because one of the remaining Pumpkaboo fires off another salvo of Bullet Seeds at her, and only a couple of projectiles make it past the psy-shield; each pelts the young Mime Jr with reduced force, barely enough to make her lose her focus, and she retaliates with another wave of Confusion!

Meanwhile, Samantha is taking aim at her own target, but the bloody ghost just won’t stay still! Freezing energy charged in her fangs, she looks for the perfect opening, knowing that a missed lunge will leave her wide open to retaliation – and yet, the Pumpkaboo keeps floating back and forward, clearly afraid of Farfetch’d after the way he dispatched its companion. Fortunately, a blast of ice-cold wind from Nina freezes the ghostly creature long enough for Sam to spot her opportunity, and a vicious Ice Fang later, the second Pumpkaboo falls to the ground and soon after evaporates much life the first had!

All but one remains now, and the surviving Pumpkaboo looks equal parts famished and angry. Dark energy surrounds it, a maddening dance of shadows which begin to coalesce in front of it, creating a massive sphere of darkness which grows larger and larger, the single biggest Shadow Ball any of the group has ever seen! Enraged, the Pumpkaboo prepares to unleash it on Samantha and Nina to exact its revenge… but instead fires the orb towards the ground directly beneath itself! The ghost is caught in its own blast and is sent tumbling to the floor – it takes a while for it all to make sense, but Sam finally realizes that Mimi’s earlier psychic attack, weak as it may have been, must have confused the Pumpkaboo!

More like a bird of prey than a duck, Farfetch’d swoops in with its sword-like stalk glowing a venomous violet, and slashes away at the downed ghost with a decisive Poison Jab. When the dust settles, the third and final Pumpkaboo vanishes from reality as well, and the party survives unharmed!

*Samantha has gained 2 Levels!*
*Nina has gained 2 Levels!
*Mimi has gained 2 Levels!*


With a sigh of relief, Farfetch’d cleans his stalk and bows gracefully at the group.

“A remarkable display,” he says with the cordiality of a knight. “I am grateful for your aid. I sense the one responsible for this deadly drought is close by, beyond those trees to the north. If I may trouble you further… can I count on you to put a permanent end to this blight?”

You have some time to catch your breath and regroup; if you decide to go through with this, then the battle ahead will likely be much more demanding than the one you just had… What is your decision?


----------------------

Patches:

The imposing Tyrantrum smirks at the havoc he’s wreaked in the party, diverging opinions flying in all directions. Clearly, the lack of harmony in the group amuses him. Mio, the more assertive of the trio, takes control of the discussion, but by now it’s already obvious to the Ancient where each element of the team stands in regards to their own beliefs.

“I see,” he growls once Mio concludes. “Quite the party of intrepid adventurers indeed. The yellow dwarf is the strongest in leadership, the brown dwarf is the strongest in muscle, and the orange dwarf is the strongest in potential…”

The dragon paces around the cave, each step causing the clay-colored floor to shake violently. Apparently lost in thought, rather than angry at the intrusion, the Ancient ponders on the party’s fate for quite a while, before bursting out in a fit of laughter so deep that it sounds almost like a thunderstorm.

“Let us put all these different strengths to the test, shall we?”

A powerful stomp in the ground causes entire cave to tremble. A low-pitched rumble then starts growing in intensity progressively, and cracks start forming around the party’s feet… Suddenly, like stone spears bursting from the center of the earth, pillars of rock rise all around each member of the group, trapping them! Now encased in individual Rock Tombs, Mio, Kei and Momo have no choice but to find a way out, before air runs out…

“Release yourselves, if you can. I will be glad to reward the one who succeeds first – the true strongest.”
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:34 PM   #160
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Meetan:

Spurred on by Farfetch’d’s display of strength, the group’s confidence is renewed. Mimi struggles to keep up her Barrier, but it’s a good thing she does – because one of the remaining Pumpkaboo fires off another salvo of Bullet Seeds at her, and only a couple of projectiles make it past the psy-shield; each pelts the young Mime Jr with reduced force, barely enough to make her lose her focus, and she retaliates with another wave of Confusion!

Meanwhile, Samantha is taking aim at her own target, but the bloody ghost just won’t stay still! Freezing energy charged in her fangs, she looks for the perfect opening, knowing that a missed lunge will leave her wide open to retaliation – and yet, the Pumpkaboo keeps floating back and forward, clearly afraid of Farfetch’d after the way he dispatched its companion. Fortunately, a blast of ice-cold wind from Nina freezes the ghostly creature long enough for Sam to spot her opportunity, and a vicious Ice Fang later, the second Pumpkaboo falls to the ground and soon after evaporates much life the first had!

All but one remains now, and the surviving Pumpkaboo looks equal parts famished and angry. Dark energy surrounds it, a maddening dance of shadows which begin to coalesce in front of it, creating a massive sphere of darkness which grows larger and larger, the single biggest Shadow Ball any of the group has ever seen! Enraged, the Pumpkaboo prepares to unleash it on Samantha and Nina to exact its revenge… but instead fires the orb towards the ground directly beneath itself! The ghost is caught in its own blast and is sent tumbling to the floor – it takes a while for it all to make sense, but Sam finally realizes that Mimi’s earlier psychic attack, weak as it may have been, must have confused the Pumpkaboo!

More like a bird of prey than a duck, Farfetch’d swoops in with its sword-like stalk glowing a venomous violet, and slashes away at the downed ghost with a decisive Poison Jab. When the dust settles, the third and final Pumpkaboo vanishes from reality as well, and the party survives unharmed!

*Samantha has gained 2 Levels!*
*Nina has gained 2 Levels!
*Mimi has gained 2 Levels!*


With a sigh of relief, Farfetch’d cleans his stalk and bows gracefully at the group.

“A remarkable display,” he says with the cordiality of a knight. “I am grateful for your aid. I sense the one responsible for this deadly drought is close by, beyond those trees to the north. If I may trouble you further… can I count on you to put a permanent end to this blight?”

You have some time to catch your breath and regroup; if you decide to go through with this, then the battle ahead will likely be much more demanding than the one you just had… What is your decision?
Samantha and Nina were sure for a moment that they were in trouble, and Mimi did too from a little distance away. However, the latter's shielding and confusion had saved the day, and it was a matter of both relief and pride for the inexperienced baby. Their teamwork might have been limited and disjointed, but it had been teamwork nonetheless, and Mimi especially was glad that their display had been as effective and remarkable as required.

They all felt both a little tired but stronger for it, and Samantha especially was now hyped to do some damage. The snowy fox had learned moves that she could try to hone and master for the upcoming trial, and Nina had more confidences in their chances now. Besides, wherever they lacked, the chivalrous Farfetch'd seemed to chime in and make up for their shortcomings, so surely they couldn't lose?

"Well, we can't just leave things as they are..." The psychic mumbled as if still unsure. She wasn't, though, but perhaps Mimi was more used to being a follower and learner rather than a leader.
"We're not going to." Nina's voice was soft, like her cloudy fur, but resolute all the same.
"Yeah, we're gonna give whatever it is a piece of our mind!" Samantha's grin was wicked, a gleam in the doggo's beady eyes. It made Mimi quiver a bit, more than aware of the canine's troublemaking and bloodlust even within her own pack. Still considering herself the leader, and happy with her role, the pink Pokemon led on, marching with determined strides towards the northern threes. With her comrades in tow, Samantha's anticipation and curiousity was clear, and they made their way towards the evil mystery...
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #161
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,368
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Median Dia:
Taking heed of Louise’s words, the team puts their little race on hold as they wait for the friendly local to catch up. In a matter of seconds, the cerulean Clauncher stops a few feet away from the Mawile, huffing and panting as if he had just ran an entire marathon. He must’ve been at it all morning, or perhaps he was just out of shape. He’d be drenched in sweat, if that was within the crustacean’s capabilities. Instead, he seemed in the process of turning red from an imminent heat stroke.

“Hoo… haa… finally! Hang on, I need a second… I think I’m gonna pass out… oh boy.” He kept squirting water off his little pincer at his own face. It seemed to do the trick. A bit of steam seemed to evaporate off the surface of his shell. A few more minutes under the sun might just be enough to turn him into lobster dinner.

“Ok! Ok! I think I’m good now! Listen! You’re adventurers, right? I know one when I see one. Please, you have to help me! The Festival of the Stars is about to begin, inscriptions are closing, and I still don’t have a team. I’ve asked just about everyone so far. The sheer amount of rejection I’ve gotten is enough to make a even a grown pokemon cry. Making it all the way to the summit has been my dream since forever. Get it? My dreams are on the line! I’m really desperate now. Help me make it through the trials and I’ll give you my precious stone in addition to whatever else we earn along the way. You’re my last chance! Don’t make me beg!”

How will you respond?



Sandaa:
Separated from Thorn, the group presses on forward, following the pained directions of a dying Eevee. Follow the trail, turn right after the large redwood tree and then left past the cracked boulder. It has been a while since they all felt the infernal fumes looming over their backs. Just how far behind did Thorn ended up? Up ahead, a thick shrubbery on the side of a ravine. Upon closer inspection, there seemed to be some sort of concealed entrance. Lynxa is the first to crawl inside, followed closely by her partner, trudging along a narrow and dimly lit passage. The Eevee has long lost consciousness by now. It is not long, however, before the passage opens up into a small grotto; natural light filtering in from the ceiling. An Audino seemed to be pacing back and forth impatiently inside. Her feelers twitch at the sound of incoming footsteps, she turns around, and gasps.

“Eeep! Kit! Oh no, what happened to you?” Rushing forward, she wasted no time pressing her feelers against her partner. Moments later, her expression eases into one of relief before she starts pulsing some sort of soothing and revitalizing energy.

“Oh thank goodness. I thought… I was so worried… Thank you! Thank you all so much! You brought him back home to me, and I’m not sure I can ever repay you enough. I’ll think of something, I’m sure. Please, could you tell me what happened? And… I’m afraid to ask, but did you happen into another Eevee as well? Her name is Mint… they were supposed to be working together…”

It would seem that for now the Eevee known as Kit was under safe hands, thanks no less to the team’s quick and decisive action, though it would seem that wasn’t the only pokemon in need of saving. How will the team respond?

Lynxa gained 3 levels for her efforts in battle against the Houndoom and in rescue of Eevee.
Buru gained 1 level for her efforts as well!

----------

The Houndoom leader seemed to grow a tad irritated at Thorn’s response, and yet, he didn’t seemed surprised. Perhaps if he had made a more convincing argument other asking their present obstacle to simply step aside after their rather intense scuffle. Nevertheless, though he seemed to understand the reasoning in the Cacturne’s words, the Houndoom seemed both pressed for time and reluctant to disclose any more information… perhaps a hint that the stakes were higher than the mere capture (and execution) of a criminal.

“Stranger, you are meddling in affairs that are neither of your concern nor within your grasp. We are the fangs that bear our king’s justice, and we bring this justice to a criminal who has committed the highest offence. That is all you need to know. Last chance: Contribute and we will reward you generously. Interfere, and you will dance in flames.”

Regardless of how capable they seemed to carry on with their threats, they seemed intent to follow through with them at a moment’s notice. Both of the lesser hounds seemed ready for another round, and were already priming themselves to strike from all sides. It seems negotiations were about to draw to a close. How do you respond?
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #162
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
kawaiiconcept:

Enough is enough. Playful competition is all well and fine, but now the Forest’s Lords want you to fight to the finish, and neither of you can fully commit to that level of violence, certainly not against a friend. To make matters worse, the Oranguru has openly taunted Tengu’s lack of a soul, something that was most definitely not a slip of the tongue but a mean-hearted jab from your perspective.

“It seems you’ve finally opened your eyes,” says Shiftry in its cackling, unsettling voice. It gets up slowly before addressing his fellow Lord. “They have a heart after all, even if some of them lack a soul.”

The Oranguru laughs heartily at the sudden change of mindset of the two “champions”.

“It would’ve been much more fun to see you fight one another to the death, but oh well. At least you have a spine – for a moment you had us convinced all you cared about was loot.”

Shiftry motioned for the Passimian army to stand still despite the prisoners’ defiance, and walked over to Spiritus, Cerno and Tengu.

“I cannot wait to see the devastation you bring upon this world,” it says with a somber tone. “I will facilitate that chaos for my own amusement, but you must prove worthy. Forget fighting one another – the three of you will fight me instead. Win, and you will receive the Lords’ blessing.”

Oranguru, meanwhile, does not seem to want to take part in the battle, clearly not fond of physical strain. Instead, he tosses a leather bag at the party’s feet.

“I’ll act as referee, then. And there, you can have that – against a Lord of the Forest, you will need all the help you can get.”

Cerno picks up the bag and opens it to find a collection of similar-looking fruits – it’s a bag with 3x Ganlon Berries!

The true battle is about to begin: the three of you versus Shiftry. It’s time to see what a Lord can do… the Dark-Type stands motionless, as if waiting for you to move first. What will you do?

The three pokemon stood facing their newest opponent. Cerno balled his fist in anger “come on my fellows let us defend our brother’s honor.” The Whimsicott straightened up and took the berries before taking aim and readying a cotton spore attack. All rules were out the window, it was time to defend his team-mate’s honor. A direct insult to a sensitive factor was inexcusable Spiritus had been right, the grass type was fully prepared to do anything to defend Tengu. The lords had made him mad and that was their last and most fatal mistake.
Spiritus fired another Fire Spin at the lord. These pokemon were trashing every single one of his companions. His rage built even further inside him he had to make the Lords feel the pain their words had inflicted. He fired a string of insults that he hoped would burn just as bad as his fire spin. Most insults cut too deep for innocent ears but some choice ones included saying that the monkey lords had less soul than Tengu himself. That their behavior was unlord-like and that they didn’t disserve the position that they held currently.
Tengu quaked with rage, if only he knew leech seed or some other attack like that. He would take the life of those who had insulted him and almost made him fight his friend and the closest thing he had to brothers. These two pokemon and even the rest of his team were the source for replacing what he lost.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓÒò furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:10 PM   #163
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
Median Dia:
Taking heed of Louise’s words, the team puts their little race on hold as they wait for the friendly local to catch up. In a matter of seconds, the cerulean Clauncher stops a few feet away from the Mawile, huffing and panting as if he had just ran an entire marathon. He must’ve been at it all morning, or perhaps he was just out of shape. He’d be drenched in sweat, if that was within the crustacean’s capabilities. Instead, he seemed in the process of turning red from an imminent heat stroke.

“Hoo… haa… finally! Hang on, I need a second… I think I’m gonna pass out… oh boy.” He kept squirting water off his little pincer at his own face. It seemed to do the trick. A bit of steam seemed to evaporate off the surface of his shell. A few more minutes under the sun might just be enough to turn him into lobster dinner.

“Ok! Ok! I think I’m good now! Listen! You’re adventurers, right? I know one when I see one. Please, you have to help me! The Festival of the Stars is about to begin, inscriptions are closing, and I still don’t have a team. I’ve asked just about everyone so far. The sheer amount of rejection I’ve gotten is enough to make a even a grown pokemon cry. Making it all the way to the summit has been my dream since forever. Get it? My dreams are on the line! I’m really desperate now. Help me make it through the trials and I’ll give you my precious stone in addition to whatever else we earn along the way. You’re my last chance! Don’t make me beg!”

How will you respond?


"...Um, you're already begging..." Louise muttered as the little lobster finished his panicky request. Mia/Plad was quick to interject its thoughts efore she could continue speaking, however.

"A festival? Dedicated to the stars themselves?!" The staryu asked excitedly, seeing as two of its favorite things were brought together in a single package. "I hadn't expected such a thing from beings who seem so far from their reach, but I can't say that it doesn't make me glad!"

"Lavitsef a ot neeb ev'I ecnis elihw a neeb s'it!" Elen declared, clearly sharing his fellow sea creature's enthusiasm. 'Eb lliw ereht seitivitca dna doof fo dnik tahw rednow I!"

"Ooh, maybe another adventuring group's brought fireworks!" Mia spun around on one leg as it continued speaking. "I've always wanted to see the ephemeral 'stars', so I'd gladly take up the chance- so long as it doesn't interfere with the real deal, anyway."

"Geez, you two are so energetic today!" Louise shook her head before turning back towards the clauncher. "But they do bring up a good point. What exactly is it that you want us to do for you? The three of us might be able and willing to do a lot of things, but there will be trouble if a ritual sacrifice is involved with one of these trials!"

The mawile didn't bother with asking about this stone of his was- even if it wasn't what they were specifically hunting for, there was a fair chance that it would still hold some value to Chroma. If nothing else, most "stones" tend to be pretty enough to make decent decorations!
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:54 AM   #164
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 210
kawaiiconcept:

The party finally understands that they need to work together to overcome the immense challenge ahead of them. This Shiftry, Lord of the Forest, is no regular specimen of its kind - despite the evil in its heart, it is clearly a notch above the rest in terms of power and wisdom, the kind of Shiftry Tengu can only dream of becoming one day - at least in its current hollow, unevolved state.

Having attested the frightening force of the gales it can conjure, Kawaii's team regroups and comes up with a new, joint strategy. Spiritus and Tengu move to work together, but Cerno can't figure out a way to aid in the collective offense, instead opting to go for a Mega Drain on his own. His speed advantage means he moves first, but as the green orbs summoned by the sprite sap away a fragment of Shiftry's energy - barely affected by the grass move, of its own Type -, the living tree grins as it singles out its prey.

"You will be the first to go," Shiftry growls ominously at the Whimsicott, as if chastising him for not aiding the joint attack concocted by Litwick and Seedot.

Suddenly, Cerno is assaulted by an intense migraine silently induced by the Lord's [b]Extrasensory[7b]; then, like a bolt of lightning, the Dark-Type suddenly bolts forward with a blistering Quick Attack, slamming into the Fairy with the full force of its large frame. Cerno is sent tumbling back, severely damaged, and barely able to muster enough strength to stand back up due to the extent of his injuries.

It is then that, in a stroke of genius, a barrage of flaming bullets explodes against Shiftry's back. Each Bullet Seed turned into a fireball, they crash and burn into the wooden body of the opponent over and over again, an improvised firestorm whose strength the Lord most definitely did not anticipate. Furthermore, it's clear that several parts of Shiftry's body have been Burned!

"Much better," the Grass-Type says, gasping for air but grinning all the while, visibly satisfied with the duo's performance. "It's a pity your friend couldn't choose his moves more wisely. A Fairy-Type Pokémon struggling against a creature of darkness... how pathetic."

Fighting through the pain of his burns, Shiftry seems to be concocting some sort of plan, a Nasty Plot all of his own soon to be unleashed on the party. With Cerno almost out for the count, but Spiritus and Tengu still raring to go, what will Kawaii's party think of next?


--------------


Meetan:

Determined to break through - the only seemingly reasonable course of action -, the trio focus their efforts on piercing the seemingly impenetrable wall formed by the countless gargantuan thorns of Frenzy Plant.

Owing to her combative personality, Samantha moves first, fueled by the desire to see this through to the end. Flames surround her fangs, and she lunges valiantly at the dome, sinking her teeth into the overgrown vines. Spiky protrusions pierce her skin, but her passion burns as brightly as her fire-enveloped jaws, and she ignores the pain. Embers scatter and set fire to nearby trees, smaller in nature and not created by any Pokemon, though likely reduced to dried-up corpses because of one. What follows is a spectacle of light, as dry vegetation is set on fire sequentially, until a ring of fire surrounds the entirety of the dome!

Under the force of Samantha's bite, burning cracks start forming along the height of the Frenzy Plant pillar, and Mimi is quick to detect the weak spot; relaying this information to Nina, the Mime Jr then stands back frightened by the wildfire. Nina, in turn, is torn on what to do - the only exploitable weak spot was created by Samantha, which means the Moonblast should be aimed dangerously close to her friend, who is still holding on for dear life with her flaming fangs buried into the plant wall. It takes precise aiming, but the burst of moonlight explodes above Sam, missing her narrowly, though the blast radius pushes the dog back into the ground, forcefully breaking her iron grip.

"Remarkable display," acknowledges Farfetch'd, "though now we must think fast! Behold!"

One by one, the Frenzy Plant tower-like vines come to life, each a thorny serpent awakening from a long slumber; slowly, they begin to move, then flail about like overgrown whips under the intensity of the wildfire created by Samantha. Even a single hit from these pillar-like trunks could incapacitate a Pokémon outright...

"Should we keep attacking until they break apart completely, or make a run for it now and try to find a breach before their flailing becomes too violent?"

Even Farfecth'd seems to be at a loss. Either decision is risky, but there is not much time to decide. Do you keep attacking, or try to break through immediately?


----------------------


Lil'twick

Bracken doesn't seem at all concerned with his current situation, strange as it is. Kicking back and relaxing while he hits some chords,
the Pansage allows the Whismur army to carry him wherever it is they're going; it's noce to have admirers, after all, even if these don't speak much. If at all.
Minutes turn to hours, the same green uneventful landscape everywhere he looks. But at long last, the Whismur come to a halt, and the Pansge turns over to see why: a massive castle made of ancient, solid wood and vines as thick as Onix rises in the middle of Radiant Rainforest, an impressive construction that would make even the most artistic Smeargle proud; Towers sculpted out of whole tree trunks rise on all four corners of the fortress, and a large mahogany gate opens to let the regiment through.
Once the Whismur carry Bracken inside, they unceremoniously dump him on the floor by the entrance, where he is forcefully lifted up by his armpits by a pair of bulky Loudred... who immediately proceed to chain his arms and legs!

"HOPE YOU'RE IN TUNE, MONKEY," yells one of the Loudred, as if it could ever speak in a lower tone anyway. "OTHERWISE IT WON'T END WELL FOR YOU."

"AND NOT FOR THE WHISMUR REGIMENT WHO BROUGHT YOU IN EITHER," continued the other, shouting just as loud. "HIS MAJESTY DON'T TAKE KINDLY TO CON ARTISTS."

The two Loudred carry Bracken through a number of corridors, before arriving at what seems to be the castle's prison, then (again,
rather brutishly and unceremoniously) toss him into a small cell and lock the wooden-barred door.

"WHAT DO YOU RECKON HE'LL WANNA HEAR TODAY?" inquires one of the Loudred to his partner as they walk away laughing.

"I DUNNO, HE'S BIG INTO THAT OLD ROCK BAND WITH A BUNCH OF LETTERS, NAMED AFTER ELECTRICITY STUFF OR WHATEVER,"
replies the second guard, before stopping by the door at the end of the corridor.

It seems Bracken has been recruited to perform for someone... or rather, coerced into doing it! What can he do though? Should he wait and put on a stellar performance like only he can, or try to break out of jail and back to Terrance before showtime?

~~~

After a long while of following forty simultaneous footsteps for several miles into the woods, Terrance finally arrives at his destination -
a fort made of wood, clearly the megalomaniac work of someone who considers themselves a big shot in Radiant Rainforest, judging by the sheer size of the wood castle... Peeking over some tall bushes from a safe distance, the Timburr assesses the situation: there seem to be two Loudred guards at the door, casually talking about something that, for once, Terrance wished he could hear; nobody seems to be occupying the turrets or the tower windows though... Clearly, Bracken must be inside. If only he could squeeze some more information out of this whole deal! Either way, making his way inside should be the priority if he wants to rescue Bracken... if he even needs rescuing to begin with! What will Terrance's approach be?



----------------------


Patches:

The Ancient Tyrantrum paces around the cave, contemplating the three perfectly constructed Rock Tombs which housed the invaders he sought to test. Neither of them proved to be particularly fast in shattering his creations, which - much to his satisfaction - told him he still had it, after all those centuries of boredom and inactivity. Eating trespassers had gotten old after the first six or so decades... playing with them, testing the bravery and strength they so often grabbed about - that's what he got a kick out of these days. That was the reason why his Mandibuzz guards had orders not to kill a single Pokémon trespassing the Ancient's territory, but rather bringing them to his presence: so that he could play with them, soften his overwhelming boredom if only for brief instants.

Slowly but surely, the Tombs began to shake. From the one to the Tyrantrum's right, electricity emanated from beneath, a sort of Electric Terrain contained by the stone prison, but no doubt empowering the spunky little rat within. Spark after spark escaped some of the more loose boulders, indicating the Pikachu was punching away with everything she had, fueled by whatever it was that kept her going. Strong spirit of leadership, indeed.

Interestingly, however, it was the Tomb in the middle that shook the most; after no more than three impacts, cracks began to form, and a mighty burst of blue energy caused the makeshift monument to explode violently from within, rock fragments flying in every direction. As it turned out, it was the meek, cowardly Charmander who displayed the greatest amount of raw power, and as a result, was the first one to break free - only someten minutes later did the tiny Pikachu manage to catch up to the fire lizard and break free herself. Strong potential for destruction, indeed.

And then... there was the last one. Not a single pebble fell out of place the entire time, not even after a strange, powerful light emanated from within. At this, the Ancient frowned. And upon hearing the high-pitched voice that called out to him, that frown only deepened. One earth-shaking step after another, Tyrantrum approached the impeccable tomb and peered inside. And once he laid eyes on the Sylveon within, eyeing him with big, round Baby-Doll Eyes, the Ancient was quick to make his decision.

"Oh, indeed. I'll carry you, precious little snowflake," he acquiesced in his deep, resounding voice. A single claw was enough to effortlessly lift up the newly evolved Momo... before tossing him violently to the floor, sending the Sylveon tumbling and rolling along the clay floor of the cavern!

"You pathetic weakling! Disgusting Fairy," the Ancient roared, making no effort to conceal neither his fury towards the deceptive Momo nor his contempt against that particular Type. "Your companions toiled, showed me their worth! But you... you are a waste of my time, a waste of time, a waste of air."

Enraged, the Tyrantrum turned his attention to Mio and Kei.

"You have earned my respect... but whether you receive your due reward or serve as my next meal, that decision rests on your beautiful companion's shoulders!"

Another stomp causes pillars of rock to rise from the ground, spearating Mio and Kei from Momo and the Tyrantrum.

"Precious little fairy," growls the Ancient, each word dripping with sarcasm, "will this help you grow a spine? Or will you let down your friends yet again? If so, I guarantee it will be the last time that you do!"

With this, the gargantuan beast lunges, jaw agape, straight towards the newly-evolved Sylveon... What now?!
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 08-28-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #165
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Meetan:

The battle with the Pumpkaboo trio went better than perhaps expected. Led on by the chivalrous Farfetch’d, the team held its own proudly, with each member playing an important role in the decisive victory, including the young Mimi, without whom the clash might have gone very, very differently. Now with renewed vigor, the team marches onwards, led by the dependable Farfetch’d who seems just as determined to reach the heart of the matter.

A dead heart, if the surroundings are anything to go by.

The deeper in they go, the less Radiant this Forest seems, once-mighty trees now shrivelled husks of their former selves, bushes deprived of foliage, grass dried to the point of resembling straw. If this is allowed to continue, the very geography of Incognito Isle may change irreparably, and as fate would have it, it falls on the tiny shoulders of three mismatched companions to prevent it.

“This is it,” solemnly announces Farfetch’d. “Our destination.”

It may have initially passed off as just more of the same desolation, but something is decidedly different up ahead: not trees per se, but massive spiked vines, each tall as a tower, thick as century-old trunks and countless in number, have erupted from the ground to form a sort of dome, preventing anyone from passing through and seeing what’s inside. And yet, that is precisely where Farfetch’d intends to go.

“The root of the evil that is slowly draining this forest’s life lies inside. We must find a way to break through this Frenzy Plant barrier!”
All three of them could see the extent of the damage that this mysterious foe had exacted, and it affected each one of them. Although Samantha did her best to put on a front, the hardness in her eyes and the bravery in her step seemed to lessen. Mimi felt it the worst. As young as she was, and psychic in her typing, Mimi felt the sadness of the forest keenly. It was like the pain of the very setting draped over her like a blanket. The ice fox simply shivered.

"This is terrible." Nina commented, blue eyes surveying the damage as they padded on. She came to a halt at the Farfetch'd's lead. "But I'm not sure how we can get in. It looks too great to climb, even with claws."
"It feels really strong..." Mimi whimpered, little hands fidgeting. The motions were awkward, but still had some sort of flow, almost as if she were conjuring a move or miming fluidly.
"We'll break through it." Samantha decided. It was the only thing for them to do seeing as nobody else had come to the forest's aid, and they couldn't turn back now. Nina wanted to question how she thought she was going to do that, but held her tongue. Instead, the fox watched the dog bound forth, teeth alighting once again with fire. Samantha's tactic was to sink her jaws in. She was going to start a wildfire over the dome if she could, burn through the weak-looking trunks. Mimi was right in that they didn't feel weak, but with any luck, the other three would make themselves useful.

"I suppose it's worth a try." Nina said. Approaching with more care, the Alolan took pause some distance back, leaning back on her haunches as she considered. "Mimi, sense for the weak spots, and use your psychic power to pull, or cause more breaks. If we can do that, we can try to take it apart from the inside out." She explained. The child nodded, and Nina took the lead, charging and using a moonblast a little distance above and away Samantha (not wanting to risk anything coming down or exploding on her if they'd misjudged their obstacle). Mimi simply did as told, trying to shake off the uneasiness gnawing at her senses, taking on a blue aura as she put her 'confusion' to use. They had managed before against scary odds, so surely they could do it again?
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:08 AM   #166
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post



Lil'twick

It takes a bit of effort for Terrance to stomach his current situation. Not least of all because he isn't terribly fond of the Radiant Forest to begin with, nor of the notion of having to drag Bracken along for whatever it is that your human Trainer has in mind.

While the Pansage practices his guitar solos, the deaf Timburr prepares to get some shut-eye, mercifully shielded from the auditory assault. But just as soon as sleep begins to overwhelm him, he feels something that isn't quite right. A slight tremor... growing progressively in intensity, until it becomes a veritable quake, making it very much impossible to get any sort of rest whatsoever, much to Terrance's annoyance. He gets up and looks around, trying to identify the cause of the commotion, until he sees it - well over twenty Whismur emerging like a regiment from behind the foliage of nearby bushes, marching towards Bracken; they lift up the rocker and carry him away in an altogether bizarre sight, a wave of pink washing over the green landscape and disappearing as fast as it'd come. Terrance blinks in astonishment, and now he's left wondering if he should give chase or just wait it out...

Bracken, meanwhile, is every bit as confused. One minute he was positively jamming on the strings, and the next he was up at the trees while being dragged atop a phalanx of silent Whismur in what was definitely a very strange kind of crowdsurfing - the kind where the crowd kidnaps you for whatever reason. At least they let him keep his guitar. And as the platoon marches onwards to whatever destination they have in mind, Pansage held up high in their collective stubby arms, Bracken is now faced with a choice of his own. Should he go wherever it is that he's being carried, if only to satisfy his own curiosity, or would it be wiser to resist and struggle his way back to Terrance, who is by now far behind?
Terrance was a bit annoyed that his sleep was getting interrupted. There was one thing for it being important, but there was another thing if the reason felt stupid. And this was a reason that felt stupid. A Horde of Whismur appeared out of nowhere, just outright picked up the Pansage he was with, and left. The fighting-type could only help but blink before realizing what was going on. Grabbing his word log, the Timburr started to make a run in the direction where the pink horde went. This was just fantastic. The stoner of a Pansage was probably enjoying being admired by a crowd. At least, the Timburr assumed it was admiration. This was definitely one of those times where him being deaf was more of a curse than a blessing. Whatever, he needed to just push onward.

Meanwhile, Bracken chilled out on top of the Whismur pile. It was nice to see that he got a nice reception despite only practicing. Though, where were they taking him? Eh, that wasn't important at this point. He was on vacation, with the weird deaf kid of the team, but vacation none the less. He's ready to just kick back and chill. At least he had his guitar, and continued to play a few chords to keep his crowd happy. That was the least he could do.

Back to Terrance, the Timburr stopped for a second to catch his breath. Surely they had to be around here somewhere? He could've just stayed and slept, but that probably would've been a bad thing to get separated from the only other Pokemon he knew. This damn jungle felt like a maze. Hopefully he would find them soon.
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:25 PM   #167
Naruxami
Looking cool, Joker!
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 293
((Once again, sorry for my long silence. I had a rough July but now I'm back to stay.))

Ironthunder: The Rattata looked immediately relieved, he gave a true smile and handed the golden leaf to Caeda.

"Thank you, ladies! I really do appreciate it. I'll be back in a jiffy." He looked around a little, nervous and jittery once again. He seemed like he was trying to keep an eye out for something... or someone, but no one seemed close --- sound wise at least. He took to his front paws and ran away as fast as his small legs could carry him, it was certainly an odd sight but the three of you were sure that he was up to something. Hope snuck into the shadows and began to follow the young rat, nothing seemed out of ordinary at first. Actually it seemed as though he was just trying to get as far away from your trio as fast as he possibly could. It almost looked as though he was trying to get out of the rainforest, as if he was fleeing from something or someone.

Caeda and Kaitlyn remained alone, waiting for Hope to return and report back to them. As they stood patiently, wondering if the Rattata would return first or their companion --- they heard a few voices in the distance.

"Where did that rat go?" A rather deep an gruff voice from afar asked, Kaitlyn could hear and feel the heavy stomps as whatever it was feet hit the ground. It was followed by a more wispy hissing voice, almost as if it was coming from a snake.

"I'm sssure he didn't go far, we need to get our leaf back or the bossssss will be quite upssset." This voice was from a female, obviously of slithering descent. The two Pokemon waiting in the clearing didn't have to wonder long, as out from the greenery came a Donphan and a Seviper --- they looked aggressive, certainly not the friendliest type of Pokemon. The Seviper glanced at Kaitlyn and gave a sly smile before speaking, "Hey girlsss, have you ssseeen a Rattata around here? He ssstole one of our... thingsss." She asked, looking mostly at Kaitlyn.

"Sevi! You fool! That Skarmory has the leaf, these two most be working with him." The Donphan reared up as if he was going to attack. "You two are gonna come with us to see the boss, he won't be happy when he realises you helped steal his prized possession."

This seems bad, are you going to be able to talk your way out of this one? What do you do?


TheKnightsFury: Your group had stumbled across a group of Shinx playing with a rather beautiful and bright shining ball in the otherwise dim cave. Knowing full well it would be rude to just take the item from under their noses, you put your heads together and attempt to come up with a plan of action. Spartacus has begun to learn how to properly act like a leader and asks his two female companions for their opinions on the matter. The Senret thinks that it might be wise to play with the young cubs, come up with a wager for the item.

It seemed like a great idea, especially with your vague knowledge of a human game called soccer. Your trio approaches the Shinx and asks if they would like to play a game for their ball. The Shinx looks confused at first, but their assumed leader --- a larger Shinx with a very special coloration glances at your trio and then at his two companions.

"We found this fair and square mister... but if you think you can beat us, maybe we'll give it to you." He smirks and looks at his two friends. "There's three of you and three of us, but we have a bit of a stipulation. One of you can fly," The lead Shinx pointed to Spartacus. "You have to stay on the ground to make a fair." It seemed like a fair idea, it was nothing too much to ask.

"There's two holes on either side of this clearing," A female voice piped up. "They're not very deep but that's how we'll keep score. One of you will have to guard it and make sure nothing gets in." With a nod to her companions she dashed over to the left side of the field, guarding her team's goal.

One of your companions will have to be on goal, who will it be? What do you do?
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:14 AM   #168
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
TheKnightsFury: Your group had stumbled across a group of Shinx playing with a rather beautiful and bright shining ball in the otherwise dim cave. Knowing full well it would be rude to just take the item from under their noses, you put your heads together and attempt to come up with a plan of action. Spartacus has begun to learn how to properly act like a leader and asks his two female companions for their opinions on the matter. The Senret thinks that it might be wise to play with the young cubs, come up with a wager for the item.

It seemed like a great idea, especially with your vague knowledge of a human game called soccer. Your trio approaches the Shinx and asks if they would like to play a game for their ball. The Shinx looks confused at first, but their assumed leader --- a larger Shinx with a very special coloration glances at your trio and then at his two companions.

"We found this fair and square mister... but if you think you can beat us, maybe we'll give it to you." He smirks and looks at his two friends. "There's three of you and three of us, but we have a bit of a stipulation. One of you can fly," The lead Shinx pointed to Spartacus. "You have to stay on the ground to make a fair." It seemed like a fair idea, it was nothing too much to ask.

"There's two holes on either side of this clearing," A female voice piped up. "They're not very deep but that's how we'll keep score. One of you will have to guard it and make sure nothing gets in." With a nod to her companions she dashed over to the left side of the field, guarding her team's goal.

One of your companions will have to be on goal, who will it be? What do you do?
[/SIZE]
At first it didn't seem the Shinx were up for a game but eventually they laid down some rules and the game was set. However they made a restriction, Spartacus wasn't allow to fly for the duration of the match. That seemed fair to him and he didn't need to fly to be competitive. Working on his leadership skills, Spartacus asked the girls for their opinions on who should guard their goal.

"I think you should Spartacus", Boudicca quickly replies, "you should be able to block the ball with your scythes and you have a keen eye and reflexes." Spartacus smiled, he was going to suggest that he go goalie, but having the Mudbray make the decision for him would make her more compliant.

"Agreed", chimes Khutulun, the Sentret had a playful grin on her face."Boudicca your powerful kicks will be really helpful and I think I should be able to make some good strikes with my tail, I think we have a good shot here."

With the team in agreeance they moved into position. Spartacus made his way towards their goal. He took a prepared stance and began to Focus his Energy. Khutulun was putting her keen eye to good use, assessing her opponents as they moved into position. She moved to the centre of the field, nearest the ball. She would try to get the ball to Boudicca before moving in towards the goal. Boudicca was ready as well, she knew her role was to use her powerful kicks to either score goals or get the ball to Khutulun so the Sentret could strike with her tail.

"We're ready when you are", shouted Spartacus as he stood ready to defend their goal.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #169
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- With the third and final contest underway, Staryu skims along the send, searching for any signs of a valuable item with which to achieve victory. It was clearly at a disadvantage when it came to knowledge of its surroundings, although it seemed to have a slight mobility advantage, easily being able to cover a greater distance than the Lombre. Looking to level things up, Staryu concentrates on sending a low psychic wave towards the Lombre who isn't participating, hoping to be able to read its mind. It takes a few moments to establish a connection, but when it does the Staryu is startled by what it hears. A strange song seems to reverberate through the Lombre's mind, Staryu quickly severs the link, listening to that tune for too long would surely result in insanity.

Probing the Lombre's mind had produced no fruit, there was one other option for the Staryu though. It quickly spun out over the water, gem staring down into the crystal clear water. The sea floor was a mixture of rocky outcrops and seaweed beds, nothing exactly stuck out. Intent on finding something, Staryu continues to search until it catches sight of something, a Clamperl nestled into the ocean floor. It's open shell gave a clear view of the Pokemon, which on first glance seemed to have two heads! Diving down into the water for a better view, Staryu quickly realizes the second head, while roughly the same size as the first, looks remarkably different. The smooth, polished surface glistened in the sunlight that filtered down into the water, it was a Big Pearl! That was certainly a valuable item, Staryu thought as it quickly closes in, preparing to swoop in and steal the prize. As Staryu streaks past a patch of seaweed, a bunch of the plants suddenly lash out, wrapping around it and stopping the starfish in its tracks. Suddenly the Lombre shoots out of nowhere, was it tailing Staryu the whole time? Bubbles rise from its mouth as it laughs uncontrollably as Staryu struggles to break free of the seaweed. Staryu can only watch in dismay as the Lombre sneaks in and snatches up the Big Pearl, tucking the item under its arm as it surfaces and makes its way back towards the beach.

With a strong push the seaweed finally breaks and Staryu catapults forward, crashing into the seafloor. Sand is scattered everywhere, uncovering what appears to be a small wooden box. Time surely running out, Staryu doesn't bother to open the box, instead choosing to pry it from the sand using its psychic abilities and pull it towards shore. Munchlax and the two Lombre are waiting on the shore line as Staryu emerges, the two Lombre are marveling at the reflectiveness of their find, certain they are going to win. Staryu drops the box down in front of Munchlax, who quickly tares the top off of it. All four Pokemon gather around to see the haul, only to find that the box contains three plain old rocks. The Lombre burst into laughter while Munchlax groans in disappointment, Staryu on the other hand spins around in celebration. Compelling Munchlax to do what it wishes once more, Munchlax picks ups one of the stones and gives it a rough brush against its stomach. Gunk quickly rubs off of the rocks, revealing a glistening blue stone beneath, a Water Stone! None of them can believe their eyes, a quick rub of the other two rocks reveals another two Water Stones, for a total of three.

"Eh sorry ese, that is a cool find and all but our Big Pearl is certainly more valuable than one Water Stone." Staryu blinks its gem three times, arguing that they have three Water Stones, not one. "No holmes, the contest was the most valuable 'item', not 'items', so we win." The Lombre give each other a high five, before quickly whispering to each other. "Tell you what though, we will cut you a deal. You give us two of those Water Stones and you can have the Big Pearl and the third Water Stone for yourself. How does that sound? We will even let you make your delivery."

Staryu gained 1 level
After all was said and done, and with no small amount of shenanigans on the opponent's part, Staryu returned to the shore with what turned out to be three beautiful Water Stones - and it would've come back with a Big Pearl as well were it not for the blatant thievery on display... that nobody else witnessed as it happened underwater.

Munchlax was the one to uncover the true nature of the precious objects retrieved by his companion. For a second, he'd hoped it was something edible, but even he - in his state of perpetual hunger - was not oblivious to what the Stone could do for his partner. In a way, he was jealous, but that was Staryu's find... as much as it pained him to admit it, it had fully earned both the gem and the perks that came with it.

For a moment, Munchlax thought he was going to have to punch some sense into the hombres, when they starting going off about how they had actually won the challenge based on a wording technicality. But fortunately, the two must have realized what would happen if they all came to blows, and how there was profit to be made on both parts - which was why, in the end, the Lombre wound up proposing something... not entirely unreasonable. The bear still thought they should have the whole stash, but a compromise wasn't that bad of an option. And they even got to finish their delivery as they'd promised the incompetent Gastrodon!

Staryu's light flickered happily as it approached the parcel, more than glad to carry on with their mission. Munchlax had to call out to it to get its attention, than held out the Water Stone - but, much to his surprise, the starfish declined. Through mental communication, it let the bear know that the use of the Stone wouldn't be its choice, but Rorik's. Munchlax shook his head, knowing that leaving that kind of decision up to the clueless Professor likely meant Staryu would never evolve, but if the Staryu placed that much trust in Rorik... well, it was its right.

The bear took it upon himself to carry the package, the Water Stone and the Big Pearl, letting Staryu lead the way unencumbered, their bond of friendship strengthened in the ordeal. Waving goodbye to the two Lombre (whom Munchlax would much rather beat up than be polite to), the duo resumed their way back to Gastrodon's customers, hoping the delay wouldn't be problematic...
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #170
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 344
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Patches:

The imposing Tyrantrum smirks at the havoc he’s wreaked in the party, diverging opinions flying in all directions. Clearly, the lack of harmony in the group amuses him. Mio, the more assertive of the trio, takes control of the discussion, but by now it’s already obvious to the Ancient where each element of the team stands in regards to their own beliefs.

“I see,” he growls once Mio concludes. “Quite the party of intrepid adventurers indeed. The yellow dwarf is the strongest in leadership, the brown dwarf is the strongest in muscle, and the orange dwarf is the strongest in potential…”

The dragon paces around the cave, each step causing the clay-colored floor to shake violently. Apparently lost in thought, rather than angry at the intrusion, the Ancient ponders on the party’s fate for quite a while, before bursting out in a fit of laughter so deep that it sounds almost like a thunderstorm.

“Let us put all these different strengths to the test, shall we?”

A powerful stomp in the ground causes entire cave to tremble. A low-pitched rumble then starts growing in intensity progressively, and cracks start forming around the party’s feet… Suddenly, like stone spears bursting from the center of the earth, pillars of rock rise all around each member of the group, trapping them! Now encased in individual Rock Tombs, Mio, Kei and Momo have no choice but to find a way out, before air runs out…

“Release yourselves, if you can. I will be glad to reward the one who succeeds first – the true strongest.”
Mio is furious, she can’t believe that this ‘Ancient’ thinks he can just treat other Pokemon however he wants. She is even more frustrated because this is the type of situation where she is clearly at a disadvantage. There is only so much an electric type can do in a situation where they are surrounded by stone. 'There is a good chance I won’t be able to get out of here on my own but I have to at least try. If I can’t find a way, I hope that Kei can since I know Momo won’t do anything...' Knowing that she is most likely going to have to depend on Kei she decides to at least give it an attempt herself. After using Electric Terrain in order to give herself as much of a boost as she can, she begins to repeatedly Thunder Punch at the same spot in the stone in hopes that it will eventually begin to give away. If she manages to weaken the stone she’ll use a Thunder Bolt on it so that it may completely break. She is very determined, she not only needs to save her friends but she also needs to show that Ancient that he can’t just do whatever he wants all the time.

Kei is feeling safer inside of this Rock Tomb than he has anywhere else nearly all day. Unfortunately, this place still isn’t safe and to make matters worse, his friends are also in danger which is something he can’t stand the thought of. Looking around him, he’s not sure what exactly he can do. If he uses fire that would make it so that his oxygen will deplete even faster and it’s not like fire has ever been very effective against rock anyway. After taking a moment to come up with a strategy, he believes he has found it and wastes no time getting to work. He is still scared but whenever he thinks about the need of others, in this case his friends who are also trapped, it makes it so that he can almost forget his fears. He begins to Swords Dance twice in order to power up as best he can for his next move. Then he gets ready to Brick Break the wall in front of him and then blasting it away with Dragon Pulse. If he is successful, he will have to use those same attacks in order to help free his friends.

Momo lets out a sigh and takes a look at the stone pillars surrounding him on all sides, this has just not been his day at all. He knows that attempting to escape this place would take work, which is something he has no interest in doing. “Why did Patches have to pick me…” He sits down feeling so defeated, if he was home right now he knows that his trainer would be happy to carry him all day if he wanted. Being away from home has been hard but one thing it has taught him is that he can’t seem to bond with anyone like he has with Patches. At least she will hold him when he asks her to. After thinking about Patches it reminded him that she gave him a special treat to take with him, saying that he should use it if he ever finds himself in trouble. “I suppose this situation does probably count as me being in trouble…” He digs through the perfectly groomed fur on his tail and pulls out a Rare Candy that his trainer had tucked away for him to use just in case. “Well, I’ve never had one of these before but I’m sure it won’t hurt.” He quickly chews on the sweet candy then swallows it and waits a few seconds. “Hmm… Nothing’s happeNING…!“ Suddenly Momo’s entire body is glowing with a bright light and he begins to quickly change and grow. Before he knows it, the light is gone and he can see things from a slightly higher level than he could before. “What just happened!?” He looks down at his paws which are now pink and then immediately begins to notice all of the other major changes to his body. “Did I just… Become more beautiful than I already was? Is that even possible…?”

Momo takes his time checking himself out, he couldn’t be happier knowing that his new look is his ticket out of here. Once that Ancient sees how he looks now, he won’t be able to resist pulling him out of here and holding him. There is just one problem, the Ancient can’t even see Momo right now so his appearance isn’t going to really be able to get him out of this after all. “Oh, this is just fantastic.” Momo says to himself sarcastically, he has been speaking to himself a lot ever since ending up in this tomb. He can feel that he is also definitely a lot stronger than he was before he ate that candy but he has also never been one for strategy. Deciding that thinking about all of this is giving him a headache, he decides there is really only one way of getting out of this place and that is that the Ancient needs to see how much more attractive he now is so that he can just be lifted out. In order to ensure that the Ancient will hear him, he uses his Disarming Voice to call out. “Oh Anchieeeennt! You should take a peek in here! You’ll definitely love my new look! Feel free to pick me up if you do!” He then prepares for the Ancients arrival and gazes up at the opening high above with Baby-doll Eyes in order to make himself even more appealing.

Momo ate 1 Rare Candy
Momo grew from level 19 to 20
Momo evolved into Sylveon
Momo's ability changed from Anticipation to Pixilate
Momo learned Disarming Voice, Fairy Wind, and Draining Kiss
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:14 PM   #171
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
kawaiiconcept:

The fight against one of the Lords ensues. The Shiftry, mocking and self-entitled as it may have come across before, now stands idly exuding an aura of respect, a strength that is almost palpable. Proof of this is the fact that he openly allows Cerno, Spiritus and Tengu to move first, despite their numerical advantage, as if he’s testing them to see what they can do before making a move of his own.

Cerno, the strongest in theory on account of his evolution, moves first: shaking his entire body, he unleashes a shower of cotton-like spores over the living tree; their consistency causes them to coalesce and form a fluffy coating that hinders Shiftry’s movements – when he decides to make them, anyway. However, literally burning with rage, Spiritus follows quickly by summoning a spiralling tower of violet flames, which bursts from beneath the target with intense, explosive heat. The dancing embers burn away at the wooden body of Shiftry, inflicting damage progressively, but also incinerating a good part of the cotton webbing set up by Cerno…

“Your efforts are disjointed,” says Shiftry through the smoke and flames, his voice calm and with a hint of disappointment. “You will need to do so much better.”

The Grass-Type raises both of his arms at the same time, then slams its leaf-fans down to create a devastating gale. The wind roars, twists and turns into a full-blown Hurricane which causes the much smaller Fire Spin to dissipate, and sends Cerno, Spiritus and Tengu each flying in their own direction, scattering the trio throughout the clearing with its impressive force. When the tornado finally subsides, each of Kawaii’s Pokemon is left severely injured, and all it took was a single attack by the Forest Lord. They will have to coordinate their efforts more efficiently if they want to topple such a formidable foe, who has already suffered some damage at the hands of Litwick, but is far from being vanquished…



Cerno gestured to his team, “he’s right, we need to focus our attacks.” Spiritus nodded and wandered closer “I have an idea, Lets combine our attacks! Tengu get over here.” The little seedot waddled over to his team-mates. He looked up questioningly “Yes Spiritus?”
The litwick rubbed his waxy hands together “We need to work together this time. First I want you to use bullet seed then I will use ember on them to do extra damage.”
The Seedot nodded “I wish I could do more to damage him, he hurt me in more than a physical sense.” He sighed a gasp of air that chilled those nearby him, he wished he knew a move like leech seed that would do him well. He shook off the thought and prepared his bullet seed.
After the seeds left the grass-type’s mouth at lightning speed Spiritus spat his pink flames at the seeds. The seeds burst into flames creating a pellet storm of fire.
Cerno glanced at the litwick “What should I do to help?” he thought back to what the seedot has said about wanting to cause even more pain. The grass type took a deep breath and started to use Mega Drain. Closing his eyes and sighing he drank in the health from the lord. He was doing this for his friend, his brother, his teammate. The lord had been extremely rude every single time. He disserved this punishment more than anyone, and they would get a prize out of it all.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓÒò furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:39 PM   #172
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 210
kawaiiconcept:

The party finally understands that they need to work together to overcome the immense challenge ahead of them. This Shiftry, Lord of the Forest, is no regular specimen of its kind - despite the evil in its heart, it is clearly a notch above the rest in terms of power and wisdom, the kind of Shiftry Tengu can only dream of becoming one day - at least in its current hollow, unevolved state.

Having attested the frightening force of the gales it can conjure, Kawaii's team regroups and comes up with a new, joint strategy. Spiritus and Tengu move to work together, but Cerno can't figure out a way to aid in the collective offense, instead opting to go for a Mega Drain on his own. His speed advantage means he moves first, but as the green orbs summoned by the sprite sap away a fragment of Shiftry's energy - barely affected by the grass move, of its own Type -, the living tree grins as it singles out its prey.

"You will be the first to go," Shiftry growls ominously at the Whimsicott, as if chastising him for not aiding the joint attack concocted by Litwick and Seedot.

Suddenly, Cerno is assaulted by an intense migraine silently induced by the Lord's [b]Extrasensory[7b]; then, like a bolt of lightning, the Dark-Type suddenly bolts forward with a blistering Quick Attack, slamming into the Fairy with the full force of its large frame. Cerno is sent tumbling back, severely damaged, and barely able to muster enough strength to stand back up due to the extent of his injuries.

It is then that, in a stroke of genius, a barrage of flaming bullets explodes against Shiftry's back. Each Bullet Seed turned into a fireball, they crash and burn into the wooden body of the opponent over and over again, an improvised firestorm whose strength the Lord most definitely did not anticipate. Furthermore, it's clear that several parts of Shiftry's body have been Burned!

"Much better," the Grass-Type says, gasping for air but grinning all the while, visibly satisfied with the duo's performance. "It's a pity your friend couldn't choose his moves more wisely. A Fairy-Type Pokémon struggling against a creature of darkness... how pathetic."

Fighting through the pain of his burns, Shiftry seems to be concocting some sort of plan, a Nasty Plot all of his own soon to be unleashed on the party. With Cerno almost out for the count, but Spiritus and Tengu still raring to go, what will Kawaii's party think of next?


--------------


Meetan:

Determined to break through - the only seemingly reasonable course of action -, the trio focus their efforts on piercing the seemingly impenetrable wall formed by the countless gargantuan thorns of Frenzy Plant.

Owing to her combative personality, Samantha moves first, fueled by the desire to see this through to the end. Flames surround her fangs, and she lunges valiantly at the dome, sinking her teeth into the overgrown vines. Spiky protrusions pierce her skin, but her passion burns as brightly as her fire-enveloped jaws, and she ignores the pain. Embers scatter and set fire to nearby trees, smaller in nature and not created by any Pokemon, though likely reduced to dried-up corpses because of one. What follows is a spectacle of light, as dry vegetation is set on fire sequentially, until a ring of fire surrounds the entirety of the dome!

Under the force of Samantha's bite, burning cracks start forming along the height of the Frenzy Plant pillar, and Mimi is quick to detect the weak spot; relaying this information to Nina, the Mime Jr then stands back frightened by the wildfire. Nina, in turn, is torn on what to do - the only exploitable weak spot was created by Samantha, which means the Moonblast should be aimed dangerously close to her friend, who is still holding on for dear life with her flaming fangs buried into the plant wall. It takes precise aiming, but the burst of moonlight explodes above Sam, missing her narrowly, though the blast radius pushes the dog back into the ground, forcefully breaking her iron grip.

"Remarkable display," acknowledges Farfetch'd, "though now we must think fast! Behold!"

One by one, the Frenzy Plant tower-like vines come to life, each a thorny serpent awakening from a long slumber; slowly, they begin to move, then flail about like overgrown whips under the intensity of the wildfire created by Samantha. Even a single hit from these pillar-like trunks could incapacitate a Pokémon outright...

"Should we keep attacking until they break apart completely, or make a run for it now and try to find a breach before their flailing becomes too violent?"

Even Farfecth'd seems to be at a loss. Either decision is risky, but there is not much time to decide. Do you keep attacking, or try to break through immediately?


----------------------


Lil'twick

Bracken doesn't seem at all concerned with his current situation, strange as it is. Kicking back and relaxing while he hits some chords,
the Pansage allows the Whismur army to carry him wherever it is they're going; it's noce to have admirers, after all, even if these don't speak much. If at all.
Minutes turn to hours, the same green uneventful landscape everywhere he looks. But at long last, the Whismur come to a halt, and the Pansge turns over to see why: a massive castle made of ancient, solid wood and vines as thick as Onix rises in the middle of Radiant Rainforest, an impressive construction that would make even the most artistic Smeargle proud; Towers sculpted out of whole tree trunks rise on all four corners of the fortress, and a large mahogany gate opens to let the regiment through.
Once the Whismur carry Bracken inside, they unceremoniously dump him on the floor by the entrance, where he is forcefully lifted up by his armpits by a pair of bulky Loudred... who immediately proceed to chain his arms and legs!

"HOPE YOU'RE IN TUNE, MONKEY," yells one of the Loudred, as if it could ever speak in a lower tone anyway. "OTHERWISE IT WON'T END WELL FOR YOU."

"AND NOT FOR THE WHISMUR REGIMENT WHO BROUGHT YOU IN EITHER," continued the other, shouting just as loud. "HIS MAJESTY DON'T TAKE KINDLY TO CON ARTISTS."

The two Loudred carry Bracken through a number of corridors, before arriving at what seems to be the castle's prison, then (again,
rather brutishly and unceremoniously) toss him into a small cell and lock the wooden-barred door.

"WHAT DO YOU RECKON HE'LL WANNA HEAR TODAY?" inquires one of the Loudred to his partner as they walk away laughing.

"I DUNNO, HE'S BIG INTO THAT OLD ROCK BAND WITH A BUNCH OF LETTERS, NAMED AFTER ELECTRICITY STUFF OR WHATEVER,"
replies the second guard, before stopping by the door at the end of the corridor.

It seems Bracken has been recruited to perform for someone... or rather, coerced into doing it! What can he do though? Should he wait and put on a stellar performance like only he can, or try to break out of jail and back to Terrance before showtime?

~~~

After a long while of following forty simultaneous footsteps for several miles into the woods, Terrance finally arrives at his destination -
a fort made of wood, clearly the megalomaniac work of someone who considers themselves a big shot in Radiant Rainforest, judging by the sheer size of the wood castle... Peeking over some tall bushes from a safe distance, the Timburr assesses the situation: there seem to be two Loudred guards at the door, casually talking about something that, for once, Terrance wished he could hear; nobody seems to be occupying the turrets or the tower windows though... Clearly, Bracken must be inside. If only he could squeeze some more information out of this whole deal! Either way, making his way inside should be the priority if he wants to rescue Bracken... if he even needs rescuing to begin with! What will Terrance's approach be?



----------------------


Patches:

The Ancient Tyrantrum paces around the cave, contemplating the three perfectly constructed Rock Tombs which housed the invaders he sought to test. Neither of them proved to be particularly fast in shattering his creations, which - much to his satisfaction - told him he still had it, after all those centuries of boredom and inactivity. Eating trespassers had gotten old after the first six or so decades... playing with them, testing the bravery and strength they so often grabbed about - that's what he got a kick out of these days. That was the reason why his Mandibuzz guards had orders not to kill a single Pokémon trespassing the Ancient's territory, but rather bringing them to his presence: so that he could play with them, soften his overwhelming boredom if only for brief instants.

Slowly but surely, the Tombs begins to shake. From the one to the Tyrantrum's right, electricity emanates from beneath, a sort of Electric Terrain contained by the stone prison, but no doubt empowering the spunky little rat within. Spark after spark escapes some of the more loose boulders, indicating the Pikachu is punching away with everything she has, fueled by whatever it was that keeps her going. Strong spirit of leadership, indeed.

Interestingly, however, it is the Tomb in the middle that shakes the most; after no more than three impacts, cracks begin to form, and a mighty burst of blue energy causes the makeshift monument to explode violently from within, rock fragments flying in every direction. As it turns out, it was the meek, cowardly Charmander who displayed the greatest amount of raw power, and as a result, was the first one to break free - only some ten minutes later does the tiny Pikachu manage to catch up to the fire lizard and break free herself. Strong potential for destruction, indeed.

And then... there was the last one. Not a single pebble falls out of place the entire time, not even after a strange, powerful light emanates from within. At this, the Ancient frowns. And upon hearing the high-pitched voice that called out to him, that frown only deepens. One earth-shaking step after another, Tyrantrum approaches the undamaged tomb and peers inside. And once he lays eyes on the Sylveon within, eyeing him with big, round Baby-Doll Eyes, the Ancient is quick to make his decision.

"Oh, indeed. I'll carry you, precious little snowflake," he acquiesces in his deep, resounding voice. A single claw is enough to effortlessly lift up the newly evolved Momo... before tossing him violently to the floor, sending the Sylveon tumbling and rolling along the clay floor of the cavern!

"You pathetic weakling! Disgusting Fairy," the Ancient roars, making no effort to conceal neither his fury towards the deceptive Momo nor his contempt against that particular Type. "Your companions toiled, showed me their worth! But you... you are a waste of my time, a waste of space, a waste of air."

Enraged, the Tyrantrum turns his attention to Mio and Kei.

"You have earned my respect... but whether you receive your due reward or serve as my next meal, that decision rests on your beautiful companion's shoulders!"

Another stomp causes pillars of rock to rise from the ground, spearating Mio and Kei from Momo and the Tyrantrum.

"Precious little fairy," growls the Ancient, each word dripping with sarcasm, "will this help you grow a spine? Or will you let down your friends yet again? If so, I guarantee it will be the last time that you do!"

With this, the gargantuan beast lunges, jaw agape, straight towards the newly-evolved Sylveon... What now?!
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 08-28-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #173
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 344
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Patches:

The Ancient Tyrantrum paces around the cave, contemplating the three perfectly constructed Rock Tombs which housed the invaders he sought to test. Neither of them proved to be particularly fast in shattering his creations, which - much to his satisfaction - told him he still had it, after all those centuries of boredom and inactivity. Eating trespassers had gotten old after the first six or so decades... playing with them, testing the bravery and strength they so often grabbed about - that's what he got a kick out of these days. That was the reason why his Mandibuzz guards had orders not to kill a single Pokémon trespassing the Ancient's territory, but rather bringing them to his presence: so that he could play with them, soften his overwhelming boredom if only for brief instants.

Slowly but surely, the Tombs begins to shake. From the one to the Tyrantrum's right, electricity emanates from beneath, a sort of Electric Terrain contained by the stone prison, but no doubt empowering the spunky little rat within. Spark after spark escapes some of the more loose boulders, indicating the Pikachu is punching away with everything she has, fueled by whatever it was that keeps her going. Strong spirit of leadership, indeed.

Interestingly, however, it is the Tomb in the middle that shakes the most; after no more than three impacts, cracks begin to form, and a mighty burst of blue energy causes the makeshift monument to explode violently from within, rock fragments flying in every direction. As it turns out, it was the meek, cowardly Charmander who displayed the greatest amount of raw power, and as a result, was the first one to break free - only some ten minutes later does the tiny Pikachu manage to catch up to the fire lizard and break free herself. Strong potential for destruction, indeed.

And then... there was the last one. Not a single pebble falls out of place the entire time, not even after a strange, powerful light emanates from within. At this, the Ancient frowns. And upon hearing the high-pitched voice that called out to him, that frown only deepens. One earth-shaking step after another, Tyrantrum approaches the undamaged tomb and peers inside. And once he lays eyes on the Sylveon within, eyeing him with big, round Baby-Doll Eyes, the Ancient is quick to make his decision.

"Oh, indeed. I'll carry you, precious little snowflake," he acquiesces in his deep, resounding voice. A single claw is enough to effortlessly lift up the newly evolved Momo... before tossing him violently to the floor, sending the Sylveon tumbling and rolling along the clay floor of the cavern!

"You pathetic weakling! Disgusting Fairy," the Ancient roars, making no effort to conceal neither his fury towards the deceptive Momo nor his contempt against that particular Type. "Your companions toiled, showed me their worth! But you... you are a waste of my time, a waste of space, a waste of air."

Enraged, the Tyrantrum turns his attention to Mio and Kei.

"You have earned my respect... but whether you receive your due reward or serve as my next meal, that decision rests on your beautiful companion's shoulders!"

Another stomp causes pillars of rock to rise from the ground, spearating Mio and Kei from Momo and the Tyrantrum.

"Precious little fairy," growls the Ancient, each word dripping with sarcasm, "will this help you grow a spine? Or will you let down your friends yet again? If so, I guarantee it will be the last time that you do!"

With this, the gargantuan beast lunges, jaw agape, straight towards the newly-evolved Sylveon... What now?!
Kei had broken free first, which meant that he was the first to reunite with the Ancient all by himself and he was reminded of why he was scared in the first place and froze. Mio took a bit longer but she eventually managed to break free and ran over in order to reunite with Kei, noticing that he was shaking again. “I knew you’d be the first one out. Good job Kei, you should always remember that you truly have a lot of strength.” As Kei listened to Mio’s words, as short as they were, they really made his heart melt. Kei knows that Mio is hardly ever afraid of anything and always gives everything all that she has and yet, he was still able to break out of that Tomb before her. ’I think she’s right… I have to stop being scared so that I can lend my friends my strength!’ Just as the Charmander begins to pep himself up, preparing himself to run over and break Momo free, it’s too late because the Ancient has other plans. Both Kei and Mio watch as the Sylveon is lifted out of the third Tomb with their mouth hanging agape for a moment before Kei finally speaks. “Um, Mio… Who is that? I thought Momo was supposed to be in that one…” Kei’s question doesn’t get an answer as the Pikachu continues to stare until finally she has one thing to say. “That idiot…”

Momo was feeling pretty proud that his plan was a success as the large claw reached down into his Tomb. He knew that the others were probably working super hard to break free all while he barely had to lift a finger. However, just as he was finishing that thought, he was violently thrown onto the ground and sent tumbling across the floor all while being called terrible names. Once he finally regains his bearings he looks up at the Ancient and sighs. “I see… Of course, he’s the jealous type... Look mister Ancient, it’s not my fault that I was born with perfect genes that make me good looking, I’m sure you have many fine qualities of your own that make up for your looks!” After that Mio yells out. “Momo shut up, please! For once in your life!” That comment catches Kei’s attention. “Momo…? Wait… You mean that’s Momo!? He evolved in there??” Suddenly the ground shakes and a line of pillars shoot up and are now separating the two from Momo. “Damnit!! Kei whatever the hell you used to get out of that Rock Tomb, start using it again on that wall right now! Momo is in trouble!” Mio demands Kei to get to work and he doesn’t even hesitate before charging up to the wall and beginning to repeat the technique he used inside of the Rock Tomb, Mio is right behind him and is also going to be repeating her technique in the same place in hopes that the two of them can manage to break through even faster this time.

Momo figures out that something is off about this new situation immediately and turns to the Ancient. “Umm… What are you doing?” As the Ancient begins to menacingly approach, speaking with a threatening tone, Momo starts to feel a bit uneasy. “Listen, I’m a lover not a fighter! Why are you doing this to me and not them? They both love to fight!” He backs away slowly for a second before finally taking off sprinting toward the wall that now separates him from his companions. “Saaaaave meeee!! Mio! Kei! He’s going to ruin of my perfectly groomed ribbons all because he’s jealous!” The two Pokemon who are fighting to break through can hear their friends cries. Kei begins to fight even harder since now he is even more worried. “Mio, I can’t believe that the Ancient is going to ruin Momo’s ribbons… He only just got them… It’s not fair.” Mio just sighs at Kei’s innocence and proceeds to yell over the wall. “You moron!! He doesn’t give a crap about your looks, he’s just pissed off because you’re a fairy type and he’s a freaking DRAGON!! Use your head or else you’re going to be losing a lot more than just your ribbons! And as for you, Ancient! You better hope to GOD that I don’t make it over to the other side of this wall because I’m done playing your damn games!” Mio is furious, as much as Momo drives her absolutely insane, she is not about to let him to die. “You’re right! I have fairy moves now so I can help you guys break this wall down so that you can save me!!!” The Ancient begins to lunge at Momo, mouth agape just as Momo begins to blast the wall with Fairy Wind. “No, don’t attack the wall! Attack him!” Mio is just completely exhausted with Momo at this point. “Alright Kei, kick it into high gear because we’re busting our friend out!” The two Pokemon work to break the wall while Momo continues to hit it with Fairy Wind. Mio is nervous for Momo, this wall needs to break down immediately so that she can get onto the other side and Mimic Momo’s move so that she can use her own strength to attack the Ancient with the Fairy Wind attack since Momo doesn’t seem to be doing it. Her only hope is that if Momo sees her do it, then maybe he will follow suit, she knows that if he uses the attack then it will pack a much more powerful punch than if she does. It's do or die at this point and all 3 of the Pokemon are feeling the pressure.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #174
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Meetan:

Determined to break through - the only seemingly reasonable course of action -, the trio focus their efforts on piercing the seemingly impenetrable wall formed by the countless gargantuan thorns of Frenzy Plant.

Owing to her combative personality, Samantha moves first, fueled by the desire to see this through to the end. Flames surround her fangs, and she lunges valiantly at the dome, sinking her teeth into the overgrown vines. Spiky protrusions pierce her skin, but her passion burns as brightly as her fire-enveloped jaws, and she ignores the pain. Embers scatter and set fire to nearby trees, smaller in nature and not created by any Pokemon, though likely reduced to dried-up corpses because of one. What follows is a spectacle of light, as dry vegetation is set on fire sequentially, until a ring of fire surrounds the entirety of the dome!

Under the force of Samantha's bite, burning cracks start forming along the height of the Frenzy Plant pillar, and Mimi is quick to detect the weak spot; relaying this information to Nina, the Mime Jr then stands back frightened by the wildfire. Nina, in turn, is torn on what to do - the only exploitable weak spot was created by Samantha, which means the Moonblast should be aimed dangerously close to her friend, who is still holding on for dear life with her flaming fangs buried into the plant wall. It takes precise aiming, but the burst of moonlight explodes above Sam, missing her narrowly, though the blast radius pushes the dog back into the ground, forcefully breaking her iron grip.

"Remarkable display," acknowledges Farfetch'd, "though now we must think fast! Behold!"

One by one, the Frenzy Plant tower-like vines come to life, each a thorny serpent awakening from a long slumber; slowly, they begin to move, then flail about like overgrown whips under the intensity of the wildfire created by Samantha. Even a single hit from these pillar-like trunks could incapacitate a Pokémon outright...

"Should we keep attacking until they break apart completely, or make a run for it now and try to find a breach before their flailing becomes too violent?"

Even Farfecth'd seems to be at a loss. Either decision is risky, but there is not much time to decide. Do you keep attacking, or try to break through immediately?
It was a struggle for Mimi in particular to focus, hearing the growls that Samantha made sound increasingly pained. She looked even more scratched up and battered than earlier, and none of them had a healing move to support that kind of mess. Samantha could alleviate ailments, and that was the extent of it. At least if the dog got burned, that it could be fixed.

Both scared by the wildfire and by Nina's calculated risk, the baby peers from behind tiny hands to see that their friend was okay-- just. She'd been forced into a tiny ditch created by the force, and got back up onto two paws with a canine full-body shake off. Hand-paws brushed off excess dirt and dust, but Farfetch'd was right. There was no time for preening, and the Pokemon put some distance between herself and the now-living obstacles.

"Samantha was barely able to cause damage when they were still. If we wait any longer, we'll never get through." Nina said. The best case scenario was to destroy them completely, but if it was actively feeding off the land then it would be an endless struggle that the mere four of them couldn't hope to destroy. It was worry enough that they were going to try and fight whatever was creating them, but if a Pokemon was continuously using frenzy plant, it would have to grow tired and take at least a short break sometime, right? Even if their window was short, it would be something they could use. A move like that took a lot of energy, even if it was being used to drain.

"We have to go now, or never, and we have to be careful. Find an opening and don't get hit. If we are, we're finished." Nina concluded. Mimi nodded wearily, and Samantha took off at speed, her heightened senses utilised to see, hear, feel or smell for an opening the grand old evil they were faced with.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #175
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
kawaiiconcept:

The party finally understands that they need to work together to overcome the immense challenge ahead of them. This Shiftry, Lord of the Forest, is no regular specimen of its kind - despite the evil in its heart, it is clearly a notch above the rest in terms of power and wisdom, the kind of Shiftry Tengu can only dream of becoming one day - at least in its current hollow, unevolved state.

Having attested the frightening force of the gales it can conjure, Kawaii's team regroups and comes up with a new, joint strategy. Spiritus and Tengu move to work together, but Cerno can't figure out a way to aid in the collective offense, instead opting to go for a Mega Drain on his own. His speed advantage means he moves first, but as the green orbs summoned by the sprite sap away a fragment of Shiftry's energy - barely affected by the grass move, of its own Type -, the living tree grins as it singles out its prey.

"You will be the first to go," Shiftry growls ominously at the Whimsicott, as if chastising him for not aiding the joint attack concocted by Litwick and Seedot.

Suddenly, Cerno is assaulted by an intense migraine silently induced by the Lord's [b]Extrasensory[7b]; then, like a bolt of lightning, the Dark-Type suddenly bolts forward with a blistering Quick Attack, slamming into the Fairy with the full force of its large frame. Cerno is sent tumbling back, severely damaged, and barely able to muster enough strength to stand back up due to the extent of his injuries.

It is then that, in a stroke of genius, a barrage of flaming bullets explodes against Shiftry's back. Each Bullet Seed turned into a fireball, they crash and burn into the wooden body of the opponent over and over again, an improvised firestorm whose strength the Lord most definitely did not anticipate. Furthermore, it's clear that several parts of Shiftry's body have been Burned!

"Much better," the Grass-Type says, gasping for air but grinning all the while, visibly satisfied with the duo's performance. "It's a pity your friend couldn't choose his moves more wisely. A Fairy-Type Pokémon struggling against a creature of darkness... how pathetic."

Fighting through the pain of his burns, Shiftry seems to be concocting some sort of plan, a Nasty Plot all of his own soon to be unleashed on the party. With Cerno almost out for the count, but Spiritus and Tengu still raring to go, what will Kawaii's party think of next?



Spiritus saw how damaged Cerno was and wandered concerned over to him. The whimsicott sighed and shook his head “I’m going to fight until I can’t anymore,” He got up and took aim once more. This time he started up a great Fairy wind “This oughta do it.” He gasped out. The grass/fairy type had genuinely forgotten about his fairy wind move and was mentally kicking himself now for not using it. It didn’t matter he was using it now and it was going to help his team a lot. Even if it meant that he would faint soon, he didn’t care, he wasn’t the one who needed the items. Cerno was the protector and he was doing his job. He would go out protecting his brothers.
Spiritus turned to the empty seedot beside him, “okay, we need to do that flame seed thing again, but after that fairy wind has died off.” They waited patiently for an opening then Tengu fired his bullet seed and the Litwick made them burn with a mighty ember once again. Even though ember wasn’t very powerful, the combo would do some more damage on top of the long overdue Fairy Wind. If these attacks didn’t faint the lord it would damage him quite severely. They had to keep fighting, it had started out as just a fun adventure but now they were fighting for their lives. Maybe this whole thing was a bad idea considering their levels, maybe they should have waited to be stronger.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓÒò furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.