UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2017, 09:40 PM   #251
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,309
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: Recalling the grateful Scizor, you take it upon yourself to approach the grate as Neemee watches your hands engage with the metallic grill as you take a breath and push against the steel. Solid at first, you work at the bars for a moment or two until you jostle the dirt free from the rim of the grate and push it forward, the scrape of metal on stone reverberating around you as you make your opening. Crawling through the gap, you offer a hand to Neemee as the figure slowly pushes through, reaching an apparent arm through to reach yours, and the instant it makes contact, your eyes snap open as your final moments as a human play out in your mind vividly, relinquishing your hold on the figure as you drop backwards, hyperventilating at what you witnessed, not just from your own point of view, but from the view of your murderers too.

"Me-me in cat bee homes now! Self is somewhere in here too, me-me feels it! Come, we look!" Neemee seems completely oblivious to your mood as you collect yourself, still trembling a little from reliving your own death once more, but also filling you with vengeful strength. If the rumours of this group being related to the Rockets was true you had yourself a grudgeful gold mine in the making here. The figure bobbing around, you find that the 'cat bee homes' were in fact cat-a-combs, the brickwork old and cracked, yet certainly of the same stone as the outer sections of the sanctum. Your eyes are also privy to the sight of small cells here and there, most empty, some housing skeletons that you had to swear were older than Mewism.

Taking the lead, you and Neemee travel through the halls carefully, ears and eyes open for anything suspicious or anyone. Traversing the mazelike corridors, you felt like you were heading nowhere until you turn around to find you've been separated from Neemee. Worse, you could hear footsteps round a corner. Peeking, you can see some men walking with what seemed to be another in chains, the men pausing at what seemed to be a cell before shoving the person into the cell and slamming the door shut with a clack and walking away. Dare you investigate, or will Neemee's vanishing act be more of a concern to you? The stranger couldn't have gone too far...could they?
Try though he might, Michael couldn't move the grate without the noise of it bouncing all around the room above. Fortunately, no one was in it, so he and Neemee were able to enter without an issue. He climbs out of the hole first so he can help his companion up, but as he took hold of Neemee's "arm" something flashes within his mind.

No, please, don't make me choose, I can't, I just...can't!

Well, you're the one who tried to play "hero", and you lost! Time to pay up somehow, boy! Clock's ticking~

Wait! I...I choose...my Pokemon!

Huh, so you'd rather watch your girl suffer than your precious animals...pathetic. Kill them both: her, then him. Their Pokemon'll make for some useful toys...

Wait, that wasn't the deal at all!! Wait, Helena, please, I'm s-

...

HELENAAAAAAAAAAAAAA


Ghosts aren't supposed to breathe the way living beings do, much less gasp for it, but there was no other way to describe the sensation Michael was going through at that moment. He barely even had the mind to hear Neemee talking, "Me-me in cat bee homes now! Self is somewhere in here too, me-me feels it! Come, we look!" Lost in his own thoughts for a moment, he let out a sigh, an eerie vapor escaping his mouth where there would normally be air. He really hoped this Shell gang was related to Team Rocket in some form because he had gone for years in this new Banette body without something to lash out against, and he had waited so patiently to sate his grudge's thirst for blood, in addition to Helena's, that he wasn't willing to let them stay thirsty for long. Otherwise, what was the point of being a Banette and having a grudge in the first place? What was the point of taking Helena's grudge against their killers into himself if not to provide both grudges an eventual target? His eyes and mouth flashed their true Banette features for a moment before he finally responded to Neemee, "Yes, let's have a look around..."

Wait a minute...catacombs! That's what Neemee was calling the "cat bee homes"! He knew there wasn't any such thing as a "cat bee", nothing like that made any sense! Still, why was Neemee thinking about bees? That had to be a pretty deliberate phrasing on their part, right? He'd have to find out later, walking ahead of Neemee who was bouncing behind him he slowly traversed through the medieval labyrinth, keeping an eye out for any sign of enemy movement, as well as any ancient traps that lied in wait. So far, there wasn't anything at all until Michael finally said, "These tunnels are pretty long, and we still haven't seen-" He looked behind for Neemee only to find they weren't there. "Neemee? Neemee?? Nee-"

Suddenly, he heard footsteps ahead of him, and he kept quiet, peering around the corner. A few men were busy throwing another into a prison cell and locking them inside before walking the other way. That may be an interesting person to talk to, but they weren't going anywhere for the moment. Right now, finding Neemee was more important; even if they hadn't gone far there was the chance they didn't need to go far to get themselves into trouble. So, for the moment, he turned around to start looking for the ragged figure, maybe they found a secret passageway in these catacombs and went down it without telling him? Perhaps now was a good time to bring out a Pokemon that could help him track down his wayward friend...

"Silas, you're up next," he whispered, opening the Moon Ball to reveal the Houndoom, who stood at attention, ready to receive orders. "I need your help right now, can you use Odor Sleuth to track down someone? I was walking with them, and we got split up, so it'd really help if you could bring me back to them."
"That could be difficult, I'm not familiar with your friend's scent," Silas warned. "I'll see what I can do though."
"Trust me, if I'm right about them, they should just smell like a bunch of old rags," Michael grinned.
"I'll trust you on that," Silas nodded before lowering his head to the ground to put his nose to work.
"Be careful, though, we might run into some bad company."
"Of course," said Silas before leading the way back through the path Michael had traveled through, hopefully figuring out where Neemee is going.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 07-22-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:26 AM   #252
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,918
Medmana- With the new information from Jacob there was a myriad of thoughts running through your mind, trying to account for every possible eventuality. Eventually you whittle the thoughts down enough to clearly express what you need. You explain to Jacob that the Pokemon are being stored nearby and the guard that was keeping watch was in possession of a keycard that could give him access. Jacob seems pleased, "If I could distract the guard do you think you could steal his keycard? Your Seedot from earlier Ami, it looked like a sneaky little thing, do you think it could help out? If you can get the keycard and get in and out of your cell before the guard gets back then we can get my Pokemon to relieve the two of you of those bracelets. My Gligar is in a strange looking ball, it is covered in a camouflage pattern, it's a Safari Ball. His pincers should cut through the metal and being a ground type he won't be hurt if it zaps him. Just let me know if you want to go ahead with it."

Jacob had presented an option to get you free of Madame Marsh's fail safe, although the plan was likely risky. You now question Gloria, intent on learning more of her Inkay. "No, Inkay is the only other Pokemon I have, his ability is Contrary, it is pretty fun to use I must admit. I guess I could hide a Pokeball but Gothita is barely conscious so I'm unsure what you have in mind. I also think we need to push for the win, I know the odds are against us but at least we know what happens if we win, who knows what could happen if we lose. Besides, you still have that secret weapon don't you? That thing on your wrist?" It seemed Gloria had helped herself to more information, apparently she was aware of the Z Ring on your wrist. Time was against you here, if you were going to put a plan into action you needed to do it soon. The Marshals had to be called, you had to decide whether to help Jacob in order to remove the bracelet from your wrist and you also had to prepare for what could be a dangerous battle.


Sandaa- Having gathered information from Chad about the possible whereabouts of Jenny's father, you agree that it would be best to wait till the sun went down, the cover of darkness would make it easier for you to weave your way across the city. It's a tense wait but a couple of hours pass before the sun goes down, it was time to get moving. You set the plank across to the neighbouring building, Chad crosses first, cradling his wounded arm. You cross after him, pulling the plank back you notice a large crack was beginning to form down the center of it, luckily you weren't in need of it anymore. You both make your way down the fire escape and a quick look at the map puts you in the right direction, it was going to take some time to get to the arcade.

Darkness covered your movement quite well, aided by the fact that most of the street lights in this district were either blown or close to it. Most of the time you try to use the alley ways but sometimes you have no other option than to use the streets, traveling quickly when you have to in hopes of avoiding any patrolling gang members. It seemed there were less Ribs on the streets at night, you occasionally have to take cover as hear voices in the distance but thankfully you seem to be avoiding any direct contact. Unfortunately it seems that your luck has run out, Chad and yourself a forced to take cover behind a pile of pallets when you hear two voices closing in.

"Did you hear they pulled Herman out of a dumpster earlier?" One of the Ribs talks to the other, were they talking about the grunt you had interrogated earlier? "Yeah man I heard about that, although he wouldn't tell us how it happened aye, seems a bit strange to me." You poke your head out just enough to get a look at the pair. They were both fairly tall and well built, thankfully they didn't appear to be armed. Sitting on the shoulder of one was a Murkrow, it moved its head around constantly, apparently rather observant. A Scraggy walks alongside the other, kicking a tin can along the ground. The pair and their Pokemon were heading straight towards you, there was no easy escape route and the chances of them spotting you are fairly high.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:44 PM   #253
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- Having gathered information from Chad about the possible whereabouts of Jenny's father, you agree that it would be best to wait till the sun went down, the cover of darkness would make it easier for you to weave your way across the city. It's a tense wait but a couple of hours pass before the sun goes down, it was time to get moving. You set the plank across to the neighbouring building, Chad crosses first, cradling his wounded arm. You cross after him, pulling the plank back you notice a large crack was beginning to form down the center of it, luckily you weren't in need of it anymore. You both make your way down the fire escape and a quick look at the map puts you in the right direction, it was going to take some time to get to the arcade.

Darkness covered your movement quite well, aided by the fact that most of the street lights in this district were either blown or close to it. Most of the time you try to use the alley ways but sometimes you have no other option than to use the streets, traveling quickly when you have to in hopes of avoiding any patrolling gang members. It seemed there were less Ribs on the streets at night, you occasionally have to take cover as hear voices in the distance but thankfully you seem to be avoiding any direct contact. Unfortunately it seems that your luck has run out, Chad and yourself a forced to take cover behind a pile of pallets when you hear two voices closing in.

"Did you hear they pulled Herman out of a dumpster earlier?" One of the Ribs talks to the other, were they talking about the grunt you had interrogated earlier? "Yeah man I heard about that, although he wouldn't tell us how it happened aye, seems a bit strange to me." You poke your head out just enough to get a look at the pair. They were both fairly tall and well built, thankfully they didn't appear to be armed. Sitting on the shoulder of one was a Murkrow, it moved its head around constantly, apparently rather observant. A Scraggy walks alongside the other, kicking a tin can along the ground. The pair and their Pokemon were heading straight towards you, there was no easy escape route and the chances of them spotting you are fairly high.
Deciding to wait until the cover of night, Gary and Chad made their way down from the rooves of the warehouse and the adjacent building. Once back on ground level, they began to traverse the alleys and back streets of the district in order to head in the direction of the old arcade. Most of the area had been run down and unattended, so it wasn’t hard to find adequate hiding places as they got closer and closer.

Every now and then the two detected the presence of various Ribs’ grunts who were out on patrol or whatnot, but were fortunate enough to slip past them undetected. Unfortunately for them, Gary and Chad had found some approaching grunts who were on trajectory to come directly across their hiding place, and there wouldn’t be enough time to relocate. As Gary listened in on the two grunts’ conversation, they recalled a comrade who had been removed from a dumpster. It was most definitely the one he had interrogated earlier, and Gary cursed under his breath that the man had been discovered quicker than he intended. Luckily for him however, from the sound of the conversation, it didn’t seem like Gary’s identity had been revealed.

Getting a quick peek at the approaching grunts, Gary noticed a Murkrow perched on one’s shoulder while a Scraggy walked beside the other. Four enemies… that would be too many to ambush at once, so surprise tactics were out of the equation here, Gary thought to himself. “Unless…” he continued out loud in a hushed mumble, “Chad, watch my back if things go south,” he pleaded, referring to Chad’s gun.

Gary pulled out a Pokeball and brought it close to his lips. “Buru, I’m going to need your help on this one. There’s four targets, but I think you can handle it. Hit them with your Dark Void and then trap them in their slumber with a Nightmare. If it doesn’t work, use Teleport to get out of there!” Gary clutched his Smeargle’s Pokeball tightly as he prepared to throw it. He didn’t have much of a backup plan that wouldn’t involve a large-scale Pokemon battle, which would surely garner a lot of attention. He tossed Buru’s Pokeball out from behind their hiding spot like a grenade, praying for the best.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:21 AM   #254
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- With the new information from Jacob there was a myriad of thoughts running through your mind, trying to account for every possible eventuality. Eventually you whittle the thoughts down enough to clearly express what you need. You explain to Jacob that the Pokemon are being stored nearby and the guard that was keeping watch was in possession of a keycard that could give him access. Jacob seems pleased, "If I could distract the guard do you think you could steal his keycard? Your Seedot from earlier Ami, it looked like a sneaky little thing, do you think it could help out? If you can get the keycard and get in and out of your cell before the guard gets back then we can get my Pokemon to relieve the two of you of those bracelets. My Gligar is in a strange looking ball, it is covered in a camouflage pattern, it's a Safari Ball. His pincers should cut through the metal and being a ground type he won't be hurt if it zaps him. Just let me know if you want to go ahead with it."

Jacob had presented an option to get you free of Madame Marsh's fail safe, although the plan was likely risky. You now question Gloria, intent on learning more of her Inkay. "No, Inkay is the only other Pokemon I have, his ability is Contrary, it is pretty fun to use I must admit. I guess I could hide a Pokeball but Gothita is barely conscious so I'm unsure what you have in mind. I also think we need to push for the win, I know the odds are against us but at least we know what happens if we win, who knows what could happen if we lose. Besides, you still have that secret weapon don't you? That thing on your wrist?" It seemed Gloria had helped herself to more information, apparently she was aware of the Z Ring on your wrist. Time was against you here, if you were going to put a plan into action you needed to do it soon. The Marshals had to be called, you had to decide whether to help Jacob in order to remove the bracelet from your wrist and you also had to prepare for what could be a dangerous battle.
'There really is no privacy with you, is there?' Ami asked rhetorically when her Z-Ring was brought up. In any case, Gloria's present lack of pokemon meant that they couldn't just throw the match and still have something on their persons for getting the others back, which meant that her original plan for it wouldn't come to fruition. 'I don't really have much of a choice but to use it now, it seems. It's a bit of shame your inkay doesn't have Infiltrator, though. It would've been nice to have something to get Glimmer in and out without being noticed, seeing as she is the most recognizable pokemon in this cave right now...' She took a deep breath, mentally organizing her thoughts.

'Well, it looks like we're going to have to face the Petrovs the good old fashioned way.I was hoping that I wouldn't have to reveal my hand in front of the crowd, but... well, it wasn't that well thought out a plan in the first place.' She looked around, making absolutely certain nobody was paying attention to them. 'First, Jacob. You've already proven your stealth just by being here. I'm going to trust Glimmer to you so that you can reclaim your gligar, and that's it. If you try anything else, and you'll not only make me mad, you'll make her pissed as well. I don't think you would want to take one of her Sky Attacks directly!' With that, she passed the cyber ball to him and turned to Gloria.

'We need to come up with a game plan, seeing as we're fighting to win now. I don't know how your powers work, but... if you could try to figure out what pokemon they have on them, it should prove helpful for us.' She rubbed her temples for a moment before swapping to actual speech. "Sorry, I have a call I really have to make."

She finally felt around the area she remembered the sequin being (gosh, that has to look awkward), steeling herself to explain the situation to ears that may very well be deaf- the currently unnamed leaders from both gangs, the Petrov's presence at the facility, and the final match coming up in less than an hour. Hopefully they'll come...
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:25 PM   #255
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
((Sorry folks. Life’s been rough lately. I’ll spare you the excuses though. Let’s do this shit.))

Balmund: [Update Music]

Carlos stared at you with glassy eyes through the sapphire tears welling up and spilling over his eyelids. He sat silently, not responding, eventually becoming transfixed on the blood dripping from Cecil’s finger and onto the floor.

J tapped her foot impatiently. “So are you going to answer K, or am I going to have to start cutting off some fingers?” Once again, it was difficult to tell if she was being serious or if she was bluffing. One thing was certain, though - her tone and overall demeanor had changed into something completely different ever since Carlos mentioned his boss by name, and her mood flaring even further when he revealed that she likely had bugged the room. Carlos still did not say anything. He continued to stare at the blood dripping on the floor from his friend’s hand.

Suddenly, the lounge’s television turned on. Black and white noise filled the screen briefly, snapping Carlos out of his broken state, before switching to all black. After a moment, white text appeared on the screen.


GAME OVER :<


“No… no no no no no no no,” Carlos started hyperventilating. After a few moments, the text disappeared, and a video appeared on the screen. It was dark, and somewhat hard to see, but you could tell that the camera was, in fact, a dash cam, situated behind someone’s car windshield. There were a few streetlights lining the road with several townhouses on each side. It appeared to be a residential neighborhood.

“No! No no! Please boss I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, please, don’t do this, please!”

A figure appeared in front of the vehicle; someone was waving at the camera. It was a man, and he was wearing a Shell uniform hat. In his other hand was a gun. He shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. He stepped away from the car and into the street. As he stepped into the light, you recognized him - it was the man who had led you into the elevator when you had first entered the joint. He walked up to one of the townhouses in view of the camera and knocked on the door.

“NO! PLEASE! DEJA A MI MADRE FUERA DE ESTO!” Carlos was sobbing, pleading to his boss. He began rocking the chair back and forth with his body, frantically trying to loosen himself - desperate to do something, anything. J looked stunned. She clenched her fists and stepped backward. On the television, the door opened and a small woman with curlers in her hair walked into the doorway. The Shell mouthed something to her, and then lifted his gun. There was a flash of light, and then the woman fell to the ground, unmoving.

Carlos said nothing. More tears streamed down his face. “M-Mama…?”

The video cut once more to static, and then turned off. Carlos didn’t say anything. Silence fell across the room; even Hawlucha looked completely shocked at what he had just witnessed. It was admittedly a bit odd that this would happen right after you mentioned in your interrogation that Saoirse would come after his family, but it seemed like the obvious answer was that Saoirse - or whoever set this up - had most likely put this into motion upon Carlos becoming compromised. After all, the Shells always dealt in absolutes - no half measures.

Carlos broke the silence. His voice cracked as he spoke up. “I’ll help you. Let me go. My mama was all I had. Please. There’s nothing we can do now but fight back. I never asked for this. This isn’t what I signed up for. Saoirse… if you can hear me… I’ll kill you. I’ll kill you even if I die doing it!”

And then, as if she was listening, the lights in the room shut off. Once more, there was silence - this time more eerie than the last. “Quickly, untie me! Leave Cecil here - he’ll be fine… I hope,” Carlos cracked a bit before continuing. “The metal door on the other side of the room - it’s bolted shut from the other side, but if you can break it open, I’ll guide you through the facility! I’ll take you wherever you want to go!”




Brave Saix: [Update Music]

After getting some food into her stomach - which proved to be difficult, given the predicament the two of you had found yourselves in - the Chimchar was ready. As you finished changing into the fainted Grunt’s uniform, you turned back to your new partner, who smiled faintly. Given that she had been to the room where the other Pokemon - and Jill - were most likely being kept, it seemed like the Chimchar was more than willing to lead the way, albeit by your side.

You took a deep breath, ready to leave this room as a memory best buried in the past, with your sights set on rescuing Jill and getting the hell out of dodge. The door slid open, and the two of you stepped out and into a hallway. The light was blinding at first - the dimness of the room you had been in made it difficult to adjust to the fluorescent lights lining the ceiling. It didn’t help that the walls and floor tile were pure white, either. There were two more sliding doors in the medium length hall, one at each end. Chimchar tugged at your pant leg and pointed toward the one to your left.

You walked down the hallway and the door slid open. As it did, you began to step through - and immediately bumped right into another Shell member. “Hey, watch where you’re g-” a female voice rang out. She rubbed her forehead and then looked down at the Chimchar, and then back up to you. “Oh, good. I was just on my way to get the Chimchar, but it looks like you’re one step ahead of me. Boss decided this runt is better off back at HQ for re-education camp,” the girl giggled. “Hear that, squirt? You must be a real pain in the ass! But it sounds like the Shells still have a use for you, since she didn’t just have you executed! Well anyway, let’s get this little shit to the Submission Room upstairs,” she said. She turned around and pulled out a key card and held it up to a door on the left, which immediately opened. Inside were a few potted plants behind a staircase which led upstairs.

Three other doors, one clearly an elevator, lined the length of the hall as well. Two required a key card - the lift, and a room labeled “Storage”. There were no security cameras around as far as you could tell.

As the female Shell opened the door, Chimchar tugged on your pant leg and shook her head, and pointed downward. “Well, let’s head up I guess,” the Shell said, her back to you. There were a dozen different ways you could proceed, here, but it was up to you to determine the best course of action.



TheKnightsFury: [Update Music]

“I’m going to kill them. I’m going to kill them dead,” Trixie muttered. She was running at a furious pace back the way she had just came. “I need to hurry back to inner park base. I need to hurry. I need to…”

Suddenly, there was a glisten of light at the end of the dark tunnel. “Hey! HEY! Who is that!?” A man shouted. “Trixie! It’s Trixie!” Another man said. “Oh, thank fuck. Trixie! Where’s Len!?”

“Oliver, is that you!?” Trixie shouted. “What’s our status!?”

“Half the damn facility is caved in! We got Ribs trapped in tunnels and no idea if there’s any casualties yet!” The man named Oliver shouted.

“Get Piper on the fucking phone now and tell her everything!” Trixie shouted. Oliver turned to his partner. “You heard her. Get in touch with the boss right now on her emergency number,” Oliver said.

“But… Oliver, she’s…” “Don’t fucking argue! This is an emergency, I think even the boss will understand!” The man nodded anxiously and turned around and ran down a small corridor that connected to the large tunnel. Oliver took his flashlight and ran toward Trixie at full speed. “Tell me everything.”


*****


Oliver clenched his jaw tight upon seeing Ehrmantraut for the first time. ”Of course… of course you’re caught up in all of this, Roland, you old bastard…” He thought to himself. “This just got a lot more complicated…” Oliver bit his lip and looked at Trixie. Her blood was boiling, and for a moment he was certain he could see flames in her eyes. Some Ribs were exceptionally protective of their kin - for many of them, like Trixie, the gang was the only family they had ever known. He wasn’t entirely surprised to see her react this way to the death of a teammate, especially one that happened right in front of her - one that she was powerless to prevent.

"This was all my doing", the opposing trainer announced, flashing a Z-Ring. "You have been bested, surrender and you will get fair treatment but make things difficult and I cannot guarantee it."

”Oh, kid. What have you done…” Oliver thought to himself. He looked to Trixie whose face was now dark red. She didn’t respond - she already knew. This kid wasn’t confirming anything she hadn’t already figured out.

Her Dartrix was not doing so well. The opposing Rowlet had just evolved into a Dartrix as well and was pummeling Trixie’s into the ground with some powerful noxious gusts. He looked over at Hauteclaire, who was resting against the wall, its opponent’s back to it. The Pawniard was beat up, but lifted its head gently and gave a gentle nod to his trainer. Oliver smirked. “Sorry, Roland. Had to make it look convincing…”

Trixie’s Dartrix stood and tried to fly against the heavy, purple gust, but immediately fell once more to the ground. Atalanta stopped and dived through the air into her opponent, striking the opposing grass owl with her beak, flipping to the side and sliding across the broken concrete on the ground before adjusting the leaf that sprouted from her head.

“No…! Goddammit!” Trixie shouted. In a beam of red light, she returned her Dartrix to its Pokeball and slid her other hand into her back pocket, revealing a firearm. “You’re fucking dead! You’re all dead! Do you hear me?! I’ll take your lives just like you took Len’s!”

Without thinking, Oliver immediately turned and struck Trixie across the face with a right hook from his enormous fist. She stumbled over own feet and smashed into the tunnel’s cement wall, knocked out before she even hit it, dropping the gun to the ground. He froze in place and took a step back, the slow realization of what he had just done creeping across his face. “... Son of a bitch.”

Ehrmantraut stood up, wiping his bloodied cheek with a handkerchief. He slowly walked past Spartacus and toward the hulking, eyepatch-clad man, both men cracking their knuckles. “I thought I told you I never wanted to see your ass again, you filthy Tepig?” Oliver said. “Well at least I have two eyes to see with, you Rib scum,” Ehrmantraut retorted. The Rib spat.

And then, after a moment, they threw their arms open and embraced in a hug. “Durandal, you bastard. I thought they had finally offed you years ago, given how bad you are at lying,” Ehrmantraut laughed.

“Aye, and I thought the Shells had finally made you into mincemeat for their barbecue joint, Roland!” Oliver said.

Ehrmantraut turned around and faced you. “Kid, this is Oliver “Durandal” de Camphrier. He’s an old pal of mine.”

Oliver turned. “This old piece of shit and I go way back. He busted me when I was a, uh, ‘street pharmacist’ about fifteen years ago? Shit maybe twenty? Who can count anymore? Anyway, instead of locking me up, Roland here took me under his wing. I guess old habits die hard though, I got thrown out of the academy for getting into one too many fights with an already bad record,” he explained happily.

“Yeah, well, it wound up working out for the best, because Durandal’s been working undercover in the Ribs for a few years now, but I lost contact with him a lit-” Ehrmantraut was suddenly interrupted by loud static noise.

”BZZZZZZT HELLO? IS THIS BZZZT ON? TESTING TESBZZZZING GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM, DO YOU COPY OVER?”

Everyone froze. Ehrmantraut’s face turned pale and Oliver’s jaw fell open, his face turning equally pale. All semblance of joy immediately left their faces.

“COME IN MR. MARSHALL! THIS IS DOG, OVER! BZZZZT”

Ehrmantraut reached into his leather bag and lifted out his radio. His hand was shaking - and you’re pretty sure it wasn’t from caffeine withdrawal. “How did you get my radio, Saoirse?” Ehrmantraut muttered.

”BZZT Bahahaha! Well, hello Roland! It’s been a while. Tell me, how is your chest doing, and more importantly, the bullets that went through it? Hahaha! BZZZT”

Ehrmantraut clenched his fist. His pale demeanor became one of anger. “Answer my question, you wench,” he retorted.

”BZZZT So rude! Tsk. I thought we could have a nice, friendly, heart to heart (you’ve still got one, right?) and talk about our feelings,” She paused. The sound of static filled the awkward silence, and then her tone of voice changed. “... I have a riddle for you, detective. What’s white and green and red all over?” Ehrmantraut was silent. “Wrong! The answer is Gallade. A very bloody, dismembered Gallade. Oh, sorry, I wasn’t clear enough - your bloody, dismembered Gallade, hahahaHAHA BZZZZT” Saoirse taunted, laughing horrifically. Ehrmantraut’s jaw fell open, and his eyes widened. His arm fell limp as he stared straight ahead, dropping the radio to his side.

“BZZZT Oh detective. You just had to go and wrap some poor, innocent kid up in our little game of 4D-chess, didn’t you? Old habits die hard, I suppose… kind of like your Gallade, heheheheheheZZZZT”

Ehrmantraut lifted his radio. “If you so much as touch a hair on the kid’s head Saoirse, I swear to Arceus I will make your death as slow and painful as I possibly can,” he said. Saoirse laughed. ”ZZZT Ah, I’m sorry detective, but are you trying to seduce me? Because that’s my fetish, so no promises!” she laughed once more, and then her tone changed again to one of seriousness. “If you want him to live, detective, then kill yourself.”

There was a brief sound of crunching, and then dead air. Ehrmantraut’s lip wrinkled and he furrowed his brow. Oliver grabbed his shoulder. “I have your back, Roland. And your friend’s, too. Nice to meet you, by the way. Listen, I don’t mean to put you two on the spot but uh,” he paused, and turned to face down the tunnel. There were several voices shouting echoing from within, no doubt coming from some Ribs. “We still have a problem here… and honestly, with this kind of chaos, I’m not sure there will ever be another opportunity like this one to shut down a major Rib outpost.”


(Atalanta has gained 3 levels, and Spartacus has gained 1.)

Last edited by deoxys; 07-31-2017 at 11:40 PM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:13 AM   #256
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,368
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Balmund: [Update Music]

Carlos stared at you with glassy eyes through the sapphire tears welling up and spilling over his eyelids. He sat silently, not responding, eventually becoming transfixed on the blood dripping from Cecil’s finger and onto the floor.

J tapped her foot impatiently. “So are you going to answer K, or am I going to have to start cutting off some fingers?” Once again, it was difficult to tell if she was being serious or if she was bluffing. One thing was certain, though - her tone and overall demeanor had changed into something completely different ever since Carlos mentioned his boss by name, and her mood flaring even further when he revealed that she likely had bugged the room. Carlos still did not say anything. He continued to stare at the blood dripping on the floor from his friend’s hand.

Suddenly, the lounge’s television turned on. Black and white noise filled the screen briefly, snapping Carlos out of his broken state, before switching to all black. After a moment, white text appeared on the screen.


GAME OVER :<


“No… no no no no no no no,” Carlos started hyperventilating. After a few moments, the text disappeared, and a video appeared on the screen. It was dark, and somewhat hard to see, but you could tell that the camera was, in fact, a dash cam, situated behind someone’s car windshield. There were a few streetlights lining the road with several townhouses on each side. It appeared to be a residential neighborhood.

“No! No no! Please boss I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, please, don’t do this, please!”

A figure appeared in front of the vehicle; someone was waving at the camera. It was a man, and he was wearing a Shell uniform hat. In his other hand was a gun. He shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. He stepped away from the car and into the street. As he stepped into the light, you recognized him - it was the man who had led you into the elevator when you had first entered the joint. He walked up to one of the townhouses in view of the camera and knocked on the door.

“NO! PLEASE! DEJA A MI MADRE FUERA DE ESTO!” Carlos was sobbing, pleading to his boss. He began rocking the chair back and forth with his body, frantically trying to loosen himself - desperate to do something, anything. J looked stunned. She clenched her fists and stepped backward. On the television, the door opened and a small woman with curlers in her hair walked into the doorway. The Shell mouthed something to her, and then lifted his gun. There was a flash of light, and then the woman fell to the ground, unmoving.

Carlos said nothing. More tears streamed down his face. “M-Mama…?”

The video cut once more to static, and then turned off. Carlos didn’t say anything. Silence fell across the room; even Hawlucha looked completely shocked at what he had just witnessed. It was admittedly a bit odd that this would happen right after you mentioned in your interrogation that Saoirse would come after his family, but it seemed like the obvious answer was that Saoirse - or whoever set this up - had most likely put this into motion upon Carlos becoming compromised. After all, the Shells always dealt in absolutes - no half measures.

Carlos broke the silence. His voice cracked as he spoke up. “I’ll help you. Let me go. My mama was all I had. Please. There’s nothing we can do now but fight back. I never asked for this. This isn’t what I signed up for. Saoirse… if you can hear me… I’ll kill you. I’ll kill you even if I die doing it!”

And then, as if she was listening, the lights in the room shut off. Once more, there was silence - this time more eerie than the last. “Quickly, untie me! Leave Cecil here - he’ll be fine… I hope,” Carlos cracked a bit before continuing. “The metal door on the other side of the room - it’s bolted shut from the other side, but if you can break it open, I’ll guide you through the facility! I’ll take you wherever you want to go!”
[/justify][/indent]

[Reply Music]

Duke’s jaw dropped a bit in shock and disgust as he witnessed the execution of that innocent woman. Even if she was the mother of a thug, parents should never be blamed for the sins of their children. Though there was a fringe case such a scenario was nothing but an elaborate ruse, he chose to believe Carlos’ despair to be genuine enough. From what he had seen beforehand, he wasn’t that great an actor. Though J might perhaps consider it madness, he thought it wrong to leave a vengeance-driven asset behind, especially given the particular situation they were in.

There was also the matter of getting out, both soon and safely. From what Carlos had just said, they could take the metal door on the other side, if they could manage to open it, either by force or any other means, they could start raiding the facility before reporting back with Ehrmantraut. Given how the room was currently bugged, radioing back for help was out of the question, though perhaps Carlos could be useful in identifying a safe space and moment in which to do so.

Duke briefly considered calling on the help of his Seviper to do the job, though perhaps such a recourse was still unnecessary. After all, he had a mighty competent partner at his disposition, one with access to well trained pokemon. Surely, summoning his own champion could wait until a more crucial instant. After all, Chris was his ace up his sleeve, and he preferred it if his trump card remained a surprise to his enemies. Though if he had no other option, she would have to do.

“J, hand me the knife, I’m setting him free.” He instructed quickly, almost as soon as Carlos was done pleading for their help. “It’s a calculated risk I’m choosing to take. I’ll hold myself responsible.” He excused himself ahead of time, predicting an imminent objection. “Your Trevenant, can it get us out of here?”
__________________

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:08 PM   #257
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
TheKnightsFury: [Update Music]

“I’m going to kill them. I’m going to kill them dead,” Trixie muttered. She was running at a furious pace back the way she had just came. “I need to hurry back to inner park base. I need to hurry. I need to…”

Suddenly, there was a glisten of light at the end of the dark tunnel. “Hey! HEY! Who is that!?” A man shouted. “Trixie! It’s Trixie!” Another man said. “Oh, thank fuck. Trixie! Where’s Len!?”

“Oliver, is that you!?” Trixie shouted. “What’s our status!?”

“Half the damn facility is caved in! We got Ribs trapped in tunnels and no idea if there’s any casualties yet!” The man named Oliver shouted.

“Get Piper on the fucking phone now and tell her everything!” Trixie shouted. Oliver turned to his partner. “You heard her. Get in touch with the boss right now on her emergency number,” Oliver said.

“But… Oliver, she’s…” “Don’t fucking argue! This is an emergency, I think even the boss will understand!” The man nodded anxiously and turned around and ran down a small corridor that connected to the large tunnel. Oliver took his flashlight and ran toward Trixie at full speed. “Tell me everything.”


*****


Oliver clenched his jaw tight upon seeing Ehrmantraut for the first time. ”Of course… of course you’re caught up in all of this, Roland, you old bastard…” He thought to himself. “This just got a lot more complicated…” Oliver bit his lip and looked at Trixie. Her blood was boiling, and for a moment he was certain he could see flames in her eyes. Some Ribs were exceptionally protective of their kin - for many of them, like Trixie, the gang was the only family they had ever known. He wasn’t entirely surprised to see her react this way to the death of a teammate, especially one that happened right in front of her - one that she was powerless to prevent.

"This was all my doing", the opposing trainer announced, flashing a Z-Ring. "You have been bested, surrender and you will get fair treatment but make things difficult and I cannot guarantee it."

”Oh, kid. What have you done…” Oliver thought to himself. He looked to Trixie whose face was now dark red. She didn’t respond - she already knew. This kid wasn’t confirming anything she hadn’t already figured out.

Her Dartrix was not doing so well. The opposing Rowlet had just evolved into a Dartrix as well and was pummeling Trixie’s into the ground with some powerful noxious gusts. He looked over at Hauteclaire, who was resting against the wall, its opponent’s back to it. The Pawniard was beat up, but lifted its head gently and gave a gentle nod to his trainer. Oliver smirked. “Sorry, Roland. Had to make it look convincing…”

Trixie’s Dartrix stood and tried to fly against the heavy, purple gust, but immediately fell once more to the ground. Atalanta stopped and dived through the air into her opponent, striking the opposing grass owl with her beak, flipping to the side and sliding across the broken concrete on the ground before adjusting the leaf that sprouted from her head.

“No…! Goddammit!” Trixie shouted. In a beam of red light, she returned her Dartrix to its Pokeball and slid her other hand into her back pocket, revealing a firearm. “You’re fucking dead! You’re all dead! Do you hear me?! I’ll take your lives just like you took Len’s!”

Without thinking, Oliver immediately turned and struck Trixie across the face with a right hook from his enormous fist. She stumbled over own feet and smashed into the tunnel’s cement wall, knocked out before she even hit it, dropping the gun to the ground. He froze in place and took a step back, the slow realization of what he had just done creeping across his face. “... Son of a bitch.”

Ehrmantraut stood up, wiping his bloodied cheek with a handkerchief. He slowly walked past Spartacus and toward the hulking, eyepatch-clad man, both men cracking their knuckles. “I thought I told you I never wanted to see your ass again, you filthy Tepig?” Oliver said. “Well at least I have two eyes to see with, you Rib scum,” Ehrmantraut retorted. The Rib spat.

And then, after a moment, they threw their arms open and embraced in a hug. “Durandal, you bastard. I thought they had finally offed you years ago, given how bad you are at lying,” Ehrmantraut laughed.

“Aye, and I thought the Shells had finally made you into mincemeat for their barbecue joint, Roland!” Oliver said.

Ehrmantraut turned around and faced you. “Kid, this is Oliver “Durandal” de Camphrier. He’s an old pal of mine.”

Oliver turned. “This old piece of shit and I go way back. He busted me when I was a, uh, ‘street pharmacist’ about fifteen years ago? Shit maybe twenty? Who can count anymore? Anyway, instead of locking me up, Roland here took me under his wing. I guess old habits die hard though, I got thrown out of the academy for getting into one too many fights with an already bad record,” he explained happily.

“Yeah, well, it wound up working out for the best, because Durandal’s been working undercover in the Ribs for a few years now, but I lost contact with him a lit-” Ehrmantraut was suddenly interrupted by loud static noise.

”BZZZZZZT HELLO? IS THIS BZZZT ON? TESTING TESBZZZZING GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM, DO YOU COPY OVER?”

Everyone froze. Ehrmantraut’s face turned pale and Oliver’s jaw fell open, his face turning equally pale. All semblance of joy immediately left their faces.

“COME IN MR. MARSHALL! THIS IS DOG, OVER! BZZZZT”

Ehrmantraut reached into his leather bag and lifted out his radio. His hand was shaking - and you’re pretty sure it wasn’t from caffeine withdrawal. “How did you get my radio, Saoirse?” Ehrmantraut muttered.

”BZZT Bahahaha! Well, hello Roland! It’s been a while. Tell me, how is your chest doing, and more importantly, the bullets that went through it? Hahaha! BZZZT”

Ehrmantraut clenched his fist. His pale demeanor became one of anger. “Answer my question, you wench,” he retorted.

”BZZZT So rude! Tsk. I thought we could have a nice, friendly, heart to heart (you’ve still got one, right?) and talk about our feelings,” She paused. The sound of static filled the awkward silence, and then her tone of voice changed. “... I have a riddle for you, detective. What’s white and green and red all over?” Ehrmantraut was silent. “Wrong! The answer is Gallade. A very bloody, dismembered Gallade. Oh, sorry, I wasn’t clear enough - your bloody, dismembered Gallade, hahahaHAHA BZZZZT” Saoirse taunted, laughing horrifically. Ehrmantraut’s jaw fell open, and his eyes widened. His arm fell limp as he stared straight ahead, dropping the radio to his side.

“BZZZT Oh detective. You just had to go and wrap some poor, innocent kid up in our little game of 4D-chess, didn’t you? Old habits die hard, I suppose… kind of like your Gallade, heheheheheheZZZZT”

Ehrmantraut lifted his radio. “If you so much as touch a hair on the kid’s head Saoirse, I swear to Arceus I will make your death as slow and painful as I possibly can,” he said. Saoirse laughed. ”ZZZT Ah, I’m sorry detective, but are you trying to seduce me? Because that’s my fetish, so no promises!” she laughed once more, and then her tone changed again to one of seriousness. “If you want him to live, detective, then kill yourself.”

There was a brief sound of crunching, and then dead air. Ehrmantraut’s lip wrinkled and he furrowed his brow. Oliver grabbed his shoulder. “I have your back, Roland. And your friend’s, too. Nice to meet you, by the way. Listen, I don’t mean to put you two on the spot but uh,” he paused, and turned to face down the tunnel. There were several voices shouting echoing from within, no doubt coming from some Ribs. “We still have a problem here… and honestly, with this kind of chaos, I’m not sure there will ever be another opportunity like this one to shut down a major Rib outpost.”


(Atalanta has gained 3 levels, and Spartacus has gained 1.)[/color]
[/size]
Strengthened by her evolution, Atalanta continued to dominate the fight with the opposing Dartrix, putting an end to it with a final push. The Dartrix's trainer was not going to give up so easily though, pulling a gun out as a last resort. Jayson prepared to dive for cover but the woman's partner, the hulking eye patched man, suddenly blindsides her, knocking her unconscious. "Holy shit", muttered Jayson as the man revealed himself to be an old friend of Ehrmantraut, Oliver had been undercover with the Ribs and thankfully had just broken his cover in time to save him.

"Thanks for the assist Oliver, my names Jayson, pleasure to meet you", Jayson greeted the man with an outstretched hand, hopefully with his aid they could tear through these tunnels and put an end to one of the Ribs's operations. The call that Ehrmantraut had received from the mysterious Saoirse was sinister to say the least and it seemed like another mercenary was in trouble, perhaps one of the two that arrived at the Marshal's Headquarters around the same time as him.

"Alright I we going to tear through these tunnels or what? Oliver I suspect it might be like a labyrinth in there, would you advise that we stick together or should we divide and conquer?" Jayson's blood was beginning to boil, he could feel his violent side gaining control. Atalanta swooped down silently to land on his shoulder, he gave the newly evolved Dartix a scratch on the chest. "Good girl, I'm very proud of you", Jayson looked over to the currently unconscious assassin, "Spartacus, to my side now please, good work. Roland you better secure her before we head in, the last thing we need is that crazy bitch flanking us in the tunnels."

__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 08-08-2017 at 06:37 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:21 AM   #258
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,918
Sandaa- Trapped in a tight spot, you quickly piece together a plan, although whether it would work was a whole other kettle of fish. You whisper into a Pokeball, briefing Buru the Smeargle on her orders. Praying to Arceus that your plan works, you toss the Pokeball out to meet the four approaching enemies, it bursts open and Buru appears in the alley, quickly sparking the attention of the grunts and their Pokemon.

The Murkrow squawks at the random appearance of the Pokemon painter, flapping its wings wildly. "What the fuck?!" Shouts the Murkrow's trainer, "where the hell did that thing come from?" Before any of them can attack, Buru grabs her tail and begins to paint a dark trail of energy in the air. The energy quickly washes over the group, darkness seeps into their bodies and the Scraggy and its trainer promptly collapse to the ground. "Holy shit, you little fucking pest, I will rip you apart! Murkrow, Wing Attack!" The Murkrow surges off its trainer's shoulder, closing the gap between the two in an instant. It slams its wing into Buru's chest, sending her tumbling back towards you. As the Murkrow skirts back around its eyes lock with yours, your position was blown. The Murkrow changes direction to quickly circle above your head, kawing to its trainer to signal its discovery.

"Ah so we have an intruder do we Murkrow? Why don't you come out and show yourself?" As the grunt issues his challenge, Buru continues her orders, directing her tail towards the slumbering grunt and his Scraggy. The two begin to kick out violently as they are consumed by a nightmare, just what they are dreaming of can only be imagined.

With your position now blown, it seemed as though you had no other option than to confront this grunt in battle and hope that his friend would stay sleeping long enough, or perhaps there was another option?


Medmana- You roll Glimmer's Pokeball over to Jacob, trusting that the young man would treat her well and only use her for the intended purpose. Jacob accepts the Pokeball before retreating, the last thing he needed now was to be found before executing the plan. You leave Gloria to ponder on a game plan as you play with your chest, attempting to find the button that would switch on the microphone so you could radio in for support from the Marshals. You brief them on the situation, however you couldn't be certain if someone was listening or if they would come to your aid, only time would tell.

"I think we should attempt to take down one of their Pokemon at a time", Gloria had been thinking of a plan and it seems she has one. "If we can force the fight into a two verse one then I think we have a good chance of winning, but I guess that depends on what Pokemon they use as well." Not long after Gloria finishes outlining her plan, Madame Marsh makes her way into the room, a massive smile on her face.

"Time to go ladies, I hope you are ready", Madame Marsh signals for the guard to release you from your cells and she leads the pair of you out through the tunnels, the guard following closely behind. You're almost at the entrance to the arena when the guard suddenly stops behind you and looks around. "What is it?" questions Madame Marsh harshly.

"Nothing Madame, I just thought I felt something...... It was nothing, carry on." Perhaps the guard was just imagining things, but more likely Jacob had just executed his plan and Glimmer had pickpocket the guard's keycard. Hopefully it was Jacob and his plan was going well, hopefully your's and Gloria's would be as successful. The crowd roars as the pair of you enter the arena for what should be the final time, Madame Marsh and the guard remain in the tunnels. Your opponents are already in the arena, the happy couple stand hand in hand, stirring up the crowd. Nikolai is dressed in a slick black suit, a red rose pinned to the breast, his jet black hair is swept neatly to the side. Valeriya is likewise clad in black, a long flowing dress accentuates her slender form, her long blonde hair flows down over her shoulders. More importantly two Pokemon stand in front of the pair. In front of Nikolai is a Pignite, the Fire type snorts a burst of flames as you and Gloria walk across the sand. A Servine stands at the ready in front of Valeriya, flicking his leaf-bladed tail around eagerly.

As the Houndoom masked announcer takes up his position the crowd falls silent, eager for the match to begin. "Now we stand witness to what could be the best match to ever be held in this arena. Feared and revered, the Petrovs have blessed us with a rare look at their fabled battling abilities, stepping up to deal with the pesky pair of recruits who drew their second match. Will Gloria and Ami be able to overcome the Petrovs and secure themselves a position in either the Shells or the Ribs? Or will they succumb like so many before them? Let the battle begin!"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #259
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- You roll Glimmer's Pokeball over to Jacob, trusting that the young man would treat her well and only use her for the intended purpose. Jacob accepts the Pokeball before retreating, the last thing he needed now was to be found before executing the plan. You leave Gloria to ponder on a game plan as you play with your chest, attempting to find the button that would switch on the microphone so you could radio in for support from the Marshals. You brief them on the situation, however you couldn't be certain if someone was listening or if they would come to your aid, only time would tell.

"I think we should attempt to take down one of their Pokemon at a time", Gloria had been thinking of a plan and it seems she has one. "If we can force the fight into a two verse one then I think we have a good chance of winning, but I guess that depends on what Pokemon they use as well." Not long after Gloria finishes outlining her plan, Madame Marsh makes her way into the room, a massive smile on her face.

"Time to go ladies, I hope you are ready", Madame Marsh signals for the guard to release you from your cells and she leads the pair of you out through the tunnels, the guard following closely behind. You're almost at the entrance to the arena when the guard suddenly stops behind you and looks around. "What is it?" questions Madame Marsh harshly.

"Nothing Madame, I just thought I felt something...... It was nothing, carry on." Perhaps the guard was just imagining things, but more likely Jacob had just executed his plan and Glimmer had pickpocket the guard's keycard. Hopefully it was Jacob and his plan was going well, hopefully your's and Gloria's would be as successful. The crowd roars as the pair of you enter the arena for what should be the final time, Madame Marsh and the guard remain in the tunnels. Your opponents are already in the arena, the happy couple stand hand in hand, stirring up the crowd. Nikolai is dressed in a slick black suit, a red rose pinned to the breast, his jet black hair is swept neatly to the side. Valeriya is likewise clad in black, a long flowing dress accentuates her slender form, her long blonde hair flows down over her shoulders. More importantly two Pokemon stand in front of the pair. In front of Nikolai is a Pignite, the Fire type snorts a burst of flames as you and Gloria walk across the sand. A Servine stands at the ready in front of Valeriya, flicking his leaf-bladed tail around eagerly.

As the Houndoom masked announcer takes up his position the crowd falls silent, eager for the match to begin. "Now we stand witness to what could be the best match to ever be held in this arena. Feared and revered, the Petrovs have blessed us with a rare look at their fabled battling abilities, stepping up to deal with the pesky pair of recruits who drew their second match. Will Gloria and Ami be able to overcome the Petrovs and secure themselves a position in either the Shells or the Ribs? Or will they succumb like so many before them? Let the battle begin!"
Two prongs of the plan had begun, but it took the treacherous Madame Marsh to start the third one. It certainly didn't take too long for the lady to do so, but... had it really been an hour? It certainly didn't feel that way to Ami, but that was hardly surprising. They were already being set up upon as things were, and there was a crowd out there thirsting for a good show. It wasn't like she and Gloria had any more to work with to come up with a battle plan, so the only downside was that they hadn't removed the metallic wristbands yet. Although, that could wind up being their undoing in the end...

A brief reaction from the guard informed Ami that Jacob and Glimmer were playing their pats already, which was most likely good news. She tried her best not to show any reaction herself, however, since doing so could possibly give them away. Thankfully, the man was certain that he was just imagining things, so at least there was that bit of good news. She turned her attention to the opponents instead, taking a good look at their pokemon. They had a pig that seemed to spew flames from its snout with ease, giving away its primary typing, and a leaf-covered snake... with stubby legs? That didn't seem like a practical bit of anatomy, but the Grass Type did belong to quite the feared mercenary. It probably could work with its awkwardness just fine. At the very least, neither pokemon was a tyranitar or a hydreigon like Ami had feared.

'Alright, I think we should target the pig first,' Ami thought to her partner as she looked away from the psychic in an annoyed fashion. The crowd probably expected her to still be seriously peeved by Gloria's demeanor, so she might as well act the part. 'It should be the easier of the two for us to take down.' She turned her attention to the referee, genuinely displeased with his monologue. "If calling those two-" she pointed purposely at the Petrovs "-against us wasn't enough to tell me what you really thought of us, then your calling us 'pesky' just now certainly did."

The foreign girl sighed and turned to face the fabled couple, pulling her final pokeball free from her jacket's pocket. "Now, you two..." She pressed the button on the red and white orb, releasing Bell into the arena. "If the legends about your strength are true, than my partners and I don't have much of a chance of victory here tonight, nor should we expect a good, clean fight. But this is an arena, and the seats are filled. Don't think for a moment that we're just going to hand victory over to you!"

"Dew, dew!" Bell went into a stance reminiscent of the one associated with the missing Unova starter, minus the shells and plus a leg. It was clear that he felt his trainer's determination, though he may not have been fully aware of the stakes yet.

She didn't give any orders quite yet. She needed Gloria's thoughts on the matter at hand, after all, and the Petrovs were probably going to take a moment to mock her declaration anyway. Might as well give them their moment, right?
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #260
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Patches- While the situation you are stuck in would have most trainers panicking and pondering their demise, you retain your positive happy-go-lucky mindset. Rika was likely just playing around, trying to cheer you up because she knew that this town was starting to get you down. She was even nice enough to make puzzles for you! You release Mio from her Pokeball, however the Pikachu reacts quite differently from you. Her ears twitch around, she can sense something is seriously off balance. Climbing up to a better vantage point, Mio reads over the riddle that has been scratched into the glass. As you suggest that she gives it a Thunderbolt to test it out, she shoots you a concerned yet judging look, what the hell were you thinking? No, the Pikachu knew better than to mess around with this, they had to tread with caution. Instead Mio elects to search through your bag, eventually finding what she was looking for. She presses the button on the front of the Pokeball, a red flash soon fades to reveal Kei the Charmander. Mio either wanted a friend to play with or she had a hunch, however the Charmander isn't exactly excited. He shakes in fear, this place, the energy was shaking his very soul. He tries to wrestle his Pokeball from Mio's hands but the Pikachu quickly scampers atop your head. The two seem to have a quick discussion, with Kei finally realizing why the Pikachu had called on his aid.

Kei begins to surround himself in flames, you give him a little space to avoid being seared. He then charges straight into the glass, bouncing straight back off it to land on his rump. For a moment it looks like Mio and Kei's plan was a failure, but then you notice the flames have ignited the glass. The flames suddenly change to a deep purple and spread around the entire case, to your surprise the flames aren't hot. In a matter of moments the entire case is disintegrated, leaving a fine, shimmering powder on the ground. You were now free from the case but Rika was nowhere to be seen, why would she run off by herself?

Kei gained 1 level
Patches watches as Kei charges into the glass and bounces off of it landing on his bum. She does her best to suppress giggling at how adorable Kei looked and then notices the glass is now ignited in flames. Before she knows it, the entire case is engulfed in flames and they change color to a deep purple which Patches finds very beautiful. She doesn’t even think about how odd it is that the flames aren’t even hot because she is too awed by the sight surrounding her. As soon as she blinks the flames are gone and now all that is left is a fine shimmering power on the ground around them. “Char charrrrr!!” Kei is feeling a bit stronger for facing his fears but that doesn't stop him from looking up at Mio pleadingly. The Pikachu then nods and pressed the button on Kei’s pokeball, returning him to his safe place since that was apparently the deal they made if he helped them out of there.

“Oh my goodness! Look at this Mio!” Patches is kneeling down and scoops up the fine shimmering powder on the ground and watches as it slowly sifts through her fingers and gasps. “GLITTER!!! Kei made glitter! Are you seeing this right now, Mio!?” She pulls a pack of gum out of her bag and dumps the sticks of gum that were filling it straight into her bag, then she begins stuffing the 'glitter' into the now empty gum pack. “I’m saving this for Kei’s memory box at home, he is just so talented!” She says to Mio who she thought was next to her but is actually now at the doorway that leads back into the hallway. “Pikaaaa!!!” Mio knows that the situation is serious and does her best to get Patches back on track. “Oh right, we need to see what kind of game Rika has in store for us next!” After she is satisfied with how full the gum pack is, she closes it and pulls out some tape to seal it shut before putting it safely inside her bag. “Alright Mio, let’s go!” She stands up and excitedly runs out of the room in search of Rika. Mio matches her pace and runs beside her trainer while remaining alert to any dangers that might be ahead.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #261
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Kawaii - While your Pokemon and Jeremy are running as fast as they can to get to you, you are left on your own with the Ducklett. You have a lot of faith that this little one has what it takes to be a hero and give her a kiss before placing her down on the ground. This is her chance to redeem herself for her failure earlier. She knew that she needed to concentrate or else she would make the same mistake all over again. With her determination strong, she takes a deep breath, and releases a Water Gun on the burning building. This time, she manages to keep it under control but the flames are just too much for the little duck. Her water hits a small fire at the base of the building and at first, appears to be putting it out, but it’s not long before that area is taken over by even larger flames. It looks like the flames are too much for one little Ducklett to handle. She begins to feel a bit discouraged but is happy to know she at least had control over her attack this time.

Suddenly, Frieghya arrives on the scene and is finally back at your side along with your other Pokemon that were riding her back. She is so happy to see that nothing bad has happened to you in her absence. Jeremy wasn’t too far behind and it looks like he was followed by several other volunteers! Luck is finally on your side now. “Kawaii! I’m glad to see you’re alright.” Once Jeremy arrives, he acknowledges that you’re safe and then he begins to direct the volunteers that followed him to the scene toward the water bucket pulley system, putting them to work. Since they are all new volunteers he is instructing all of them on how to operate the system efficiently. That is when a person yells out. “What about that lady who ran inside of the building!?” When Jeremy hears that there is a person in there his face goes pale, little does he know, that person is Samantha. The first thing he thinks to do is run inside of the building himself to rescue this person so he runs to the door. When he looks inside he sees that Samantha and Mathilda are huddled in a corner with a fire closing them in. “Samantha! Mathilda!” He runs inside and that’s when he realizes that he doesn’t have any water on him. He didn’t bring any water Pokemon and currently the buckets are being used outside but even so, he would only be able to carry one and only one bucket isn’t going to be enough. You worry when Jeremy doesn’t come back out and peek inside, seeing the dangerous situation Samantha and Mathilda are in. What will you do?


Kawaii immediately turned to her two water types, Ducklette still watching her carefully, The pinkette addressed them with pure seriousness, “We need to focus our efforts on getting those three people out of the burning building.” She flushed, embarrassed that she couldn’t remember names, it had always been an issue for her. No manner of mnemonics helped her, she just had to repeat the name over and over in her head when talking to that person. Even then if she didn’t see that person in a while the female trainer would forget. Not that any of this mattered in her current situation. She shook her head to clear it then thought of something. Sure the Ducklette was property of the fire station, but that didn’t mean that she couldn’t feed it. Kawaii crouched down in front of the little bird, “hey there little girl, do you want to be stronger. I can feed you 13 candies and then you can learn water pulse.” She held out her hands containing exactly 13 candies.
Meanwhile, Frieghya was sending psychic wavelengths to the people inside the burning building, especially that little girl. The Espeon was releasing calming energy, tying to keep them from being too scared. She had grown quite close to the little girl and didn’t want her to panic and do something irrational that would get her in trouble or worse.
The two water types owned by Kawaii were eagerly doing their best to help out and quench the flames. Thet knewhat it would be a hard fought battle.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓÒò furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:30 PM   #262
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
The Ribcage Mall.

134
: Mentally incapable of focusing on all sides of the battle, you only hope your pokemon can take initiative in the fight to survive, and as you call to Ikaika to leap to the defensive, the infestation starts to creep towards the stuck Pidove, while the Spinarak hatchling pulls towards 'Opio, the Kangaskan leering at the spiderling. The hungry bug is taken aback by the angry small pokemon and hesitates, still attached to the string and with a heave the normal type begins to turn and swing her arm in a slowly growing circle, leaving the unfortunate arachnid holding on as a lime conduit of energy grows between the pair, the spider absorbing energy in an attempt to exhaust her. Unfortunately, 'Opio is having none of this and with a sudden stopping jerk, the string snaps, throwing the horrified Spinarak flying into the nearby wall with a thump. As it peels itself off, the bug lunges forward and bites into her leg as she grunts and tries to dislodge the hungry bug.

On the more dangerous side of things, the giant Ariados glowers at Pahalo as the Mandibuzz gives a flap of her wings in a fashion to generate a small localised wind front that turns and tosses around at the tail end of her and the Starly, providing a much needed boost in agility. This, however, is set aside when the energy in the mandibles crackles with electronic sparks, the spider queen sitting a shocking web missile at the distracted Pahalo, who visibly winces as the compact blob strikes her chest, zapping her as she momentarily drops in height. However, the crafty avian is not one to see this as a problem as she bravely tucks in her wings and dives down to around halfway to the ground before turning around and using the momentum and tailwind to propel herself upwards as the Ariados, thinking her down and out, turns towards you with poison in her jaws.

The bird flaps her wings once, twice, thrice as she soars above the spider, glowing in azure energy of the skies before barreling downwards at the face of the insect, slamming hard into her and almost knocking her off her webbing as the bug shrieks and jabs the back of Pahalo with her horn as you give a cheer, only for the excitement to fade as the poison in the fangs very quickly seeps into the wound on the vulture who lands on the web, sharp talons ensuring the sticky aspect does nothing to her. Giving a wince, the Mandibuzz is surprised to find herself feeling much worse than she should be given the nature of poisoning. Indeed, it appears the large Ariados normal poison potential is much more toxic than you anticipated.

A shrill tweet from Ikaika grabs the attention of all as the Starly flutters between the infestation and Pidove, protecting the pair with a shimmering barrier as the Pidove's gaze catches your guilt in your eyes and mirrors it. It only wished to play around with you, and now it's got you both doomed. As the starling struggles to keep the swarm at bay, the wild avian cocks its head at her, then back at you, before suddenly going from absent minded to determined. With a battle cry, the Pidove flaps its wings rapidly, not to try and break free but to send a gust of wind through the waning shield at the swarm, blowing them off the web and safeguarding the pair. It then begins to chirp in a fashion that reminds you of a chant of sorts, as the Ariados seeks to strike down the Mandibuzz with a fell stinger aimed at the heart.

As it lances forward, horn longer than Pahalo's neck, the vulture hears the song, and brings her talons up, the bones around her waist blocking the strike with a lucky deflection, taking menial damage from the insect, before rushing the ornamentation and her beak down into the face of the Ariados, pelting it with hard pecks and scrapes and dealing four substantial wounds to the giant bug, who backs off with a hiss, before turning her attention to the source of the noise and launching a burst of psychic energy at Ikaika and Pidove in anger.

The Spinarak attacking 'Opio has taken a decent hit but seems capable of taking more, while the Kangaskhan has escaped with only one small wound and more than ready to smush the little insect, while the infestation has been thwarted. Pahalo has plenty in the tank, but that toxic poisoning will wear her down over time, and the reckless nature of her offensive this round has left her a little dinged up, while Ikaika is eager to bring the fight to her significantly larger foe now she has the Pidove's backing. The Ariados is a little dazed and wounded on the head, with the brave bird having opened a noticable gash on the back, haemolymph leaking from the wound, but is rather furious now, gaining a boost to its offensive powers while leaving it a little slower than usual.

As you attempt to free yourself of the webbing, you find that it has became a little less sticky, but still holds you strongly, as you slowly claw up and into a more comfortable position, at least as far as comfortable goes when you're still suspended over a hundred feet in the air with nought beneath you but solid concrete. Your ears do however pick up that the murmur of the crowd has went completely silent as a very angry voice seems to be shouting at them.
The angry shouting below might as well have been a whisper, for as much as it registered on the trainer's radar. So much was happening, all their lives were in danger; everything was a madhouse, and Tate was not the best in a crisis on even the best of days, much less after having probably suffered a concussion after having falling a story onto a game cabinet. ‘Ōpio -- a fighter by nature -- was doing quite well for herself, which was for the best, because Tate wasn't in a position to focus on her. Enraged at being bitten, she flails her stubby arms at the insect into another pair of Comet Punches, practically swinging blindly in her infantile fury.

In the realm of more imminent danger, Pahalo has taken matters into her own hands. Though she easily tolerates her 'trainer', at no point in her long life has she ever required anyone to tell her what to do and she has no intentions of starting now; she leers down at the wretched arachnid and, with powerful wingbeats, she whips the air up into a frenzy, the gusts sharp enough to slash like knives. At sight of her resolve, Tate perks up.

"Ikaika," the frightened, exhausted, but determined Johto native calls to the Starly. Failure is not a fucking option. "U-use your Hidden Power to help Pahalo out! I know you're not as big and strong as she is, but you're a fighter, right? Do it for me, and for Pidove! Then follow it up with a Feather Dance!"
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Incognito Isle



Last edited by 134; 08-10-2017 at 02:10 PM.
134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #263
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- Trapped in a tight spot, you quickly piece together a plan, although whether it would work was a whole other kettle of fish. You whisper into a Pokeball, briefing Buru the Smeargle on her orders. Praying to Arceus that your plan works, you toss the Pokeball out to meet the four approaching enemies, it bursts open and Buru appears in the alley, quickly sparking the attention of the grunts and their Pokemon.

The Murkrow squawks at the random appearance of the Pokemon painter, flapping its wings wildly. "What the fuck?!" Shouts the Murkrow's trainer, "where the hell did that thing come from?" Before any of them can attack, Buru grabs her tail and begins to paint a dark trail of energy in the air. The energy quickly washes over the group, darkness seeps into their bodies and the Scraggy and its trainer promptly collapse to the ground. "Holy shit, you little fucking pest, I will rip you apart! Murkrow, Wing Attack!" The Murkrow surges off its trainer's shoulder, closing the gap between the two in an instant. It slams its wing into Buru's chest, sending her tumbling back towards you. As the Murkrow skirts back around its eyes lock with yours, your position was blown. The Murkrow changes direction to quickly circle above your head, kawing to its trainer to signal its discovery.

"Ah so we have an intruder do we Murkrow? Why don't you come out and show yourself?" As the grunt issues his challenge, Buru continues her orders, directing her tail towards the slumbering grunt and his Scraggy. The two begin to kick out violently as they are consumed by a nightmare, just what they are dreaming of can only be imagined.

With your position now blown, it seemed as though you had no other option than to confront this grunt in battle and hope that his friend would stay sleeping long enough, or perhaps there was another option?
Gary watched on pins and needles as Buru materialized from her ball as she ambushed the two grunts and their Pokemon. Swishing her paint-tipped tail around, the Smeargle produced some balls of dark energy that enveloped one of the grunts and his Scraggy, putting them to sleep in the Dark Void. Unfortunately, Buru’s attack only hit half of her targets, and the remaining conscious grunt scowled angrily and ordered his Murkrow to retaliate.

As Buru took a Wing Attack to the chest, the grunt angrily called out Gary and Chad as their cover had been blown. With little choice, Gary prepared to reveal himself. At this point he would need to support Buru in battle. With a nod to Chad in hopes that his ally would supply him with cover in case things went south, Gary stepped out from his hiding and faced the grunt and his Murkrow.

Gary stared down his opponent as Buru finished casting a menacing Nightmare upon the two sleeping foes. Looking at the sleeping Scraggy and the Murkrow before him, Gary thanked his luck that the more challenging opponent was the one put to sleep. A dark and fighting type would prove problematic to the normal-typed Buru and her moveset, but against this Murkrow Gary knew he could come up with something. “Alright Buru, good work,” he stated, keeping up a brave front so his timid Pokemon didn’t lose her edge. “Let’s try to take these guys out as quickly as possible, okay? Start things off by setting up a Reflect to shield you from its physical attacks. Then I want you to Calm your Mind and hone your powers to strike it with a Shock Wave!” Taking in Gary’s orders, Buru quietly nodded, holding her tail in front of her.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #264
Raves
...try a little harder.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,514
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Even a mouse turns into a lion when provoked.

The Ribcage Mall.

134
: The battle for survival raged on, as 'Opio remaining oblivious to the war over the ledge tussles with the Spinarak clamping into her flank, and with the pinching of small fangs starting to hurt, shakes around before raising her small arms up and raining down a flurry of punches like a shower of comets upon the small bug, the first and second burst of strikes dislodging it as the third and fourth barrage shoves it down into the ground. Not to be taken lightly, and angered by the assault, the spider turns around and sprays a silked thread around her and begins to pull upon it, attempting to constrict her movement as it then scurries around and stings her with the poisonous horn on the already injured flank as the Kangaskhan kid pulls the webbing free.

Grunting from the sudden jab, the youngster turns to the bug, honks furiously and rushes the Spinarak with a second assault of comet punch, the Spinarak squeaking as the attack's strength is amplified by the scarf worn around her neck's innate power as thickened claws slam upon the pokemon once, twice, thrice, quice, five full rounds, each round bringing more and more fury to the youth until she stops, seizes the battered and bruised Spinarak by the horn and fangs, and stares the woozy insect in the eyes, feeling it shiver in fear at her before huffing and tossing it casually off the ledge without a care. Giving a honk, 'Opio feels power within her, the defeated Spinarak falling for several seconds before plopping onto the ground below with a small thud, wiggling legs in a futile attempt to get up before just laying on the floor. 'Opio gains 2 levels!

The Kangaskhan's victory is short-lived, however, as she is shoved backwards by some unseen force, bringing a Starly all too familiar to her with it. Taken by surprise by the psychic blast, Ikaika climbs onto her feet as Pahalo clicks her beak in disapproval towards her gargantuan foe, leering straight at the Ariados as it returns its attention to the biggest threat to her. The Ariados falters a little, slightly unnerved by the vicious look as Ikaika grabs her bearings with a little help from 'Opio, who is completely oblivious to the Ariados and instead showing the Starly her wounds from battle proudly. Thoroughly ruffled, the Starly takes to the skies once more as the Mandibuzz is snared by a string shot that is closer to a chain than a string, legs snared as the larger of the creatures brings her down to level before taking careful aim at Pahalo with the horn aglow with bug energy.

With the poison running through her veins, Pahalo brings her wings round, but realises the mega-sized horn on her foe is as big as she is as the Ariados salivates and takes steps closer, to ensure a clean stab at the chest and heart, just as Ikaika unleashes her draconic hidden power at the same time as the frazzled Pidove lets loose a gust catching the orbs, creating a small storm of missiles that peppers the Ariados' front. Taken off guard, the spider lunges forward, grazing the Mandibuzz and knocking her loose from the webbing, who follows suit with a blade of air that slashes into the face of the spider queen as she attempts to swing with the megahorn, flinching the insect as the energy fades to its frustration.

In anger, the Ariados appears to hurk before spewing forth a wave of venom over the birds. Ikaika and Pidove are more disgusted than anything, but Pahalo is drenched by the toxin which seeps into her, the vulture giving a queasy croon as she feels her strength leave her, causing her to land upon the sticky webbing, though her sharp talons mean that escape wouldn't be too tough for her. Not yet finished, its forelegs become steeped in a dark energy but the sucker punch never arrives as Ikaika promptly flies into its face and flutters and dances in front of it, shedding feathers over the Ariados as it shrieks and waves its arms around to shoo her away. Mustering up more courage, the Pidove flaps harder trying to break free of the webbing...and after the prior psychic burst which admittedly hurt, the tiny pigeon tears free of the snare with a cheerful, relieved coo. Fluttering wings, the bird then flies a small ring around the Ariados who is by now infuriated, and the air currents generated by the flight of her initial prey don't help, cutting into her sensitive wounds as it flies by you, the air cutter shredding much of the webbing holding you. You could probably free yourself now, though below you lies nothing but the cruelty of gravity and another sticky cable. Ariados by now is seething, as the insectoid energy from the mostly failed Megahorn seems to emanate around her, swarming as the colossus finds her footing on the web a little shaky.

Ikaika and Pidove took a considerable hit from the Psychic blast, and another such hit could very well be too much for them, while Pahalo is starting to feel the burn of the poison, and after her lucky break, knows she's starting to push herself towards her limits. A solid hit on her, and the encroaching poison may very well be enough to drive her well into the danger zone. Ariados is definitely weakened, and another couple of decent strikes should bring her down, though the swarming effect means she's much more aggressive, and as she glowers, her sights fall on you and your lack of defence...


Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: To say Amanda's plight had robbed you of words was an understatement, as you respond unable to keep your own emotions in check as the woman looked at you, seeing your own tears escape your eyes. Giving her eyes a wipe as Andromeda relays the notice to you and the group, you give Marvolo and Meowth their orders as Amanda gives her legs a shake, with only a small wince.

"...th-thank you...I think I can walk..." she whispers, climbing to her feet, "we should go. I'd rather...not return to the vanguard though...y-you saw yourself...tried beating a confession out of me..."

Taking the lead, you and Amanda follow the Seviper, the Starmie's core faintly pulsing as she attempts to get more of a lead on what that something down with them is. For the next few moments, the only sounds are your own footsteps and breathing, with the occasional sharp breath from Amanda as her scarred arm, exposed to the musty air, is irritated. Turning through the corridors, you wonder why Donovan called this subterranean area an undercity, and as your group catches a sign of light, to Meowth's relief, your breath is quickly taken away once again, though not through traumatic tales.

Rounding the corner, you and the team find yourselves on a stairwell overlooking a large, ancient ruined settlement, light pouring from gaps above, the ceiling a twisted mass of tree roots that spiral down into the ruins, the stone covered in moss and a faint mist permeating the area. The ambience is stunning, and as your gaze washes over, you can see movement within the ruins, which Andromeda very quickly identifies as wild pokemon. Floating over the undercity are several ancient avianoids similar to Unown yet larger, their single eye gazing down at their domain, while the streets as such are patrolled by small clay creatures, Baltoy whirling around through the thinner pathways while Golett trudge along the roads. Nearer the roots, Nincada and Paras gnaw and socialise among each other, while the occasional Diglett pokes through the earth upside down.

"Woah...this is...the tunnels never passed this..." your companion whispers, before swallowing as one of the Sigilyph floats towards you, the Seviper meeting its single eye with his own glare as you said, only for the attempted paralysis to simply be ignored as it scrutinises your group, all of you tense at the sight. Would it attack? Your answer comes only a few seconds later as the unusual pokemon gives a few abnormal cries before whirling round and returning to patrols, deeming your group non-aggressive.

As you climb down the steps, the atmosphere around the ruins changes, as the fairly cool air suddenly becomes much colder and unease fills you, Meowth making a snarky comment about the situation. Looking up, you find the Sigilyph appear to have vanished, as the bug pokemon in the trees very quickly scramble up the roots. Curious to the change, you begin to question if your presence spooked the wild pokemon, until Andromeda grabs your attention with three subjects of interest.

The first is that her scanning of the area reveals there is a way back to the surface the group can use, at the other side of the ruins as her gem glows towards a stairwell on the other side. The second is that she has identified all pokemon within the settlement, though the something from before still eludes her knowledge. The third, however, she says with great concern...is that the something from before is within the city, and the energy emanating from it is unlike anything she has ever seen before, and not in a good way, and that should the group encounter it...to run.

As a dull boom echoes through the ruins, you've little choice but to head through and hope whatever the Starmie has discovered doesn't discover you, though with Amanda in her state, your approach to the city had best be taken carefully.


Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: Given the situation before you, finding nemo Neemee is paramount in priority to your goals, as you release Silas into the catacombs, the Houndoom almost too fitting within the corridors. Your teammate listens to your orders, and puts his nose to the floor in a sleuth trying to pick up the odour of old rags, as you put it...only for you to realise the problem with asking him to smell out old rags, given your location is practically full of them. The Houndoom nevertheless seems to pick up the smell of something out of the ordinary, though, as you and Silas slowly follow the scent.

The trudge through the catacombs most certainly reminds you of death, and looking at the walls you find occasional coffins and dusty skeletal remains of those who lived within the sanctum centuries ago, but rather than feel youthful and respectful in the catacombs, the air of dread surrounds you and the hellhound. Most likely the legacy tainted by the Shells, but there was little time to dwell upon that as you had a stranger to find.

Silas stops you in your thoughts, however, as the canine reveals the source of what he picked up. A fairly solid wood door older than your grandparents stood before you, ajar, and after a brief moment of listening, you hear no sign of presence within. Pulling open the door, you look in and find the room within to be a storeroom of sorts, with a number of small badges and hats here and there, each one bearing the symbol of a stylised bullet. The badges on closer inspection were bullet casings with a pin attached, literal shells. If you were one for a sneaky disposition, disguising yourself as a Shell wouldn't be difficult, and could allow you to wander more freely, and if the Shells were indeed linked to the Rockets, Silas would only make the illusion more believable.

On the other hand, as Silas nudges you, you could see another door, and on looking within you find this room to be full of all sorts of papers and tomes. If you wanted information on the Shells, this was the place to look. The books themselves seemed to vary in age, from ancient tomes that were probably written by Cofagrigus back when they were human, to modern binders and folders, all in a semi-random pile. Your curiosity is interested when Silas grabs your attention once more with a pull of the leg, as the Houndoom's keen nose detects something coming, and that something most certainly does not smell like old rags.

What's your plan? With the approach, you realistically only have time to get items from one of the rooms before whoever's approaching reaches you. Will you go for the papers, or the disguise?
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:33 PM   #265
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: To say Amanda's plight had robbed you of words was an understatement, as you respond unable to keep your own emotions in check as the woman looked at you, seeing your own tears escape your eyes. Giving her eyes a wipe as Andromeda relays the notice to you and the group, you give Marvolo and Meowth their orders as Amanda gives her legs a shake, with only a small wince.

"...th-thank you...I think I can walk..." she whispers, climbing to her feet, "we should go. I'd rather...not return to the vanguard though...y-you saw yourself...tried beating a confession out of me..."

Taking the lead, you and Amanda follow the Seviper, the Starmie's core faintly pulsing as she attempts to get more of a lead on what that something down with them is. For the next few moments, the only sounds are your own footsteps and breathing, with the occasional sharp breath from Amanda as her scarred arm, exposed to the musty air, is irritated. Turning through the corridors, you wonder why Donovan called this subterranean area an undercity, and as your group catches a sign of light, to Meowth's relief, your breath is quickly taken away once again, though not through traumatic tales.

Rounding the corner, you and the team find yourselves on a stairwell overlooking a large, ancient ruined settlement, light pouring from gaps above, the ceiling a twisted mass of tree roots that spiral down into the ruins, the stone covered in moss and a faint mist permeating the area. The ambience is stunning, and as your gaze washes over, you can see movement within the ruins, which Andromeda very quickly identifies as wild pokemon. Floating over the undercity are several ancient avianoids similar to Unown yet larger, their single eye gazing down at their domain, while the streets as such are patrolled by small clay creatures, Baltoy whirling around through the thinner pathways while Golett trudge along the roads. Nearer the roots, Nincada and Paras gnaw and socialise among each other, while the occasional Diglett pokes through the earth upside down.

"Woah...this is...the tunnels never passed this..." your companion whispers, before swallowing as one of the Sigilyph floats towards you, the Seviper meeting its single eye with his own glare as you said, only for the attempted paralysis to simply be ignored as it scrutinises your group, all of you tense at the sight. Would it attack? Your answer comes only a few seconds later as the unusual pokemon gives a few abnormal cries before whirling round and returning to patrols, deeming your group non-aggressive.

As you climb down the steps, the atmosphere around the ruins changes, as the fairly cool air suddenly becomes much colder and unease fills you, Meowth making a snarky comment about the situation. Looking up, you find the Sigilyph appear to have vanished, as the bug pokemon in the trees very quickly scramble up the roots. Curious to the change, you begin to question if your presence spooked the wild pokemon, until Andromeda grabs your attention with three subjects of interest.

The first is that her scanning of the area reveals there is a way back to the surface the group can use, at the other side of the ruins as her gem glows towards a stairwell on the other side. The second is that she has identified all pokemon within the settlement, though the something from before still eludes her knowledge. The third, however, she says with great concern...is that the something from before is within the city, and the energy emanating from it is unlike anything she has ever seen before, and not in a good way, and that should the group encounter it...to run.

As a dull boom echoes through the ruins, you've little choice but to head through and hope whatever the Starmie has discovered doesn't discover you, though with Amanda in her state, your approach to the city had best be taken carefully.
Amanda climbed to her feet, thanking Keith, and expressing confidence that she could walk. She also, however, expressed a definite reluctance to return to the vanguard. While Keith was certain he'd be able to convince them that Amanda was being truthful, he also really, really couldn't fault her for said reluctance- such brutal interrogation methods would leave anyone extremely reluctant to go back to where said interrogation took place. "Fair point," he conceded. "Let's just try and get out of here for the time being."

And that's just what they tried doing. Marvolo and Meowth taking up the lead once more, Keith and Amanda followed behind them, while Andromeda attempted to figure out more about what she was sensing. For the moment, though, nothing. Well, not quite nothing- the sound of their own footsteps. The sound of their own breathing. The occasional small gasp from Amanda as the musty air irritated her scarred arm.

"Hey- I can see light!" Meowth spoke up at last. And so they hastened to the source of said light. And once more, Keith found himself speechless, albeit for decidedly different reasons than last time.

The group was beholding the abandoned, ancient, yet still astonishing, ruins of an ancient settlement. Now Keith realized why Donovan referred to this as an undercity! Illuminated by light coming from gaps in a ceiling composed of twisted tree roots, stone surfaces covered in moss, and a light mist throughout the area. It all added up to a singularly amazing sight, and Amanda seemed amazed by this as well, stating that the tunnels never took her past this. But before much more could be said, an odd creature flew their way. Its singular eye brought to mind the Unown, but this was clearly no Unown. Whatever it was, though, was still unknown to Keith, and so out came his Koffing-purple Pokédex.

"Sigilyph, the Avianoid Pokémon. A Psychic and Flying-type," said Keith's Pokédex. "Sigilyph constantly flies the same route, still possessing memories of guarding an ancient city. Those that they perceive as intruders are attacked with psychic power."

Keith held his breath, hoping beyond hope that this Sigilyph was not about to perceive them as intruders. Just the one might be manageable, but there were other Sigilyph in the area as well. Somehow, Keith didn't think an entire flock of Sigilyph would be quite as manageable as a pack of Rattata. Especially considering "manageable" was probably not the correct descriptive term for aforementioned pack of Rattata. But to his relief, Sigilyph seemed to be convinced that the newcomers meant no harm, and flew off. Keith breathed again.

This relief, however, was short-lived. Upon descending the stairs, the very atmosphere changed. Pleasantly cool air became unnervingly cold. "Ohhh, dis ain't good," Meowth remarked.

"You think?" Keith replied. A glance up revealed the entire flock of Sigilyph to have vanished. The Nincada and Paras that were present on the tree roots were now scrambling up them. "...Wishful thinking, but maybe we just scared them away?" Keith asked.

"Da Nincada and Paras, maybe, and even den, I gots my doubts," Meowth stated. "But dere ain't no way in hell we scared off dem Sigilyph."

"I figured as much," Keith nodded. "Well, that leaves a pretty ominous question, then. If we didn't scare them off..."

"...den wat did?" Meowth finished.

Keith, Andromeda's voice sounded, her telepathic tone reaching all nearby. I have news.

"Please tell me at least some of it's good, Andromeda," said Keith.

It is, confirmed the Starmie. I take it you wish me to open with the good news, and so I shall- there is a way back to the surface accessible to us, on the other side of the ruins.

"OK, not hating it so far," Keith nodded. "Anything else?"

Two things, responded Andromeda. First, I have identified all of the Pokémon within the settlement, though... whatever I was sensing from before remains a mystery to me. Which brings me to my final point... that something from before? It's here. In the city. I have never sensed energy like this before, and I have lived a long time.

"Well, I mean, do you have any idea what we should do?" Keith asked. "What should we do if we encounter this thing?"

Run like hell, the Starmie responded flatly.

"...Thus I reiterate- dat ain't good," Meowth spoke up. "So... our way out is trough da city, but we risk runnin' inta sometin' dat makes Heatran look like a joke?"

"Well, I-" began Keith, before a dull boom echoed throughout the ruins, startling them all. "...I mean, it's not like we got much choice," he shrugged. "We just gotta head across, hope we make it out before this mystery thing finds us."

"And if it does find us?" Meowth asked nervously.

"Well, you heard Andromeda- run like hell," replied Keith. "Andromeda, considering Amanda's current state, you might need to carry her with Psychic again if a quick getaway is needed. Think you can manage?"

I shall do my best, the Starmie responded.

"And Marv, if it's necessary, you might need to use Haze to cover our getaway," Keith added. "So be ready, alright?"

"Always ready," smirked the Seviper.

Keith nodded. "Alright... let's move," he stated.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #266
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,918
Medmana- It was now time for the battle to commence, your opponents eagerly await your reveal and you quickly put them at ease. With a toss of your final Pokeball you bring out Bell the Dewpider, the Alolan native quickly assesses its surroundings and puts on a brave face. A look across to Gloria sees the same emotionless face she wore when she faced you, although her mind was much more active.

"Pignite and Servine, the evolutions of Tepig and Snivy respectively, they are starter Pokemon from the Unova region. Pignite is a Fire/Fighting type while Servine is a pure Grass type. Both my Inkay and your Dewpider hold a type advantage over the Pignite so I suggest we target it first. However I think it would be smart to set up a defense first." Gloria produces a Pokeball from her pocket and tosses it up into the air. It bursts open and an Inkay emerges, the revolving Pokemon slowly floats back down to eye level.

"So we have our combatants", shouts the announcer, "from the challengers we have a Dewpider and an Inkay!" The crowd lets out a roar of applause, it seems you still had some favour with them. "However, will they be strong enough to defeat the Petrov's Pignite and Servine?!" The crowd erupts, showing they favour the Petrov's much more than Gloria and yourself, this was going to be an uphill battle. "Let the final fight of the night begin!"

The Petrov's smile, "you first my dear", mutters Nikolai. Stepping forward, Valeriya issues orders to her Servine. "My sweet Servine, strike first with a Leaf Tornado on the Inkay, then strike it with a Grass Pledge!" Nikolai grins as he looks to support his wife, "Pignite time to fire up, Flame Charge into the Dewpider then set the ground alight by striking it with a Fire Pledge!"

Gloria jumps into action, "Inkay raise our defenses by setting up a Reflect" Gloria gives you a brief nod, the increased defense would certainly help you deal with physical assaults. "Psywave the Pignite!" The battle had started and Pokemon were leaping into action, it was time to fight!


Sandaa- With your cover blown you emerge from your hiding place, leaving Chad concealed for now. The grunt gives you a quick once over but doesn't seem to be phased by your reveal. "Oh did you just stumble in here by mistake? A weakling like yourself shouldn't be out after dark, especially in such a dangerous area" He grins as he cracks his knuckles, "Taunt them Murkrow!" Before Buru can paint a screen into existence, the Murkrow begins to cackle, a dark curse falls on the Smeargle causing her to feel much more aggressive. Her aggression prevents her from using such a passive attack, she now wanted to inflict pain upon the Dark type.

Buru's tail begins to crackle with electricity, with a swift stroke of the brush like appendage she sends of wave of electric tendrils towards the Murkrow. The Murkrow screeches in pain as the electricity shocks it into submission, maybe it shouldn't have been taking the Smeargle so lightly. "Time for some Payback Murkrow", a Dark aura surrounds the mischievous bird, growing stronger as it feeds on its pain. Shooting forward like an arrow the Murkrow lunges at Buru, its beak digs into her chest and the power of the attack sends her stumbling backwards, falling back onto her hands. As the Murkrow arcs back around, the incapacitated grunt begins to stir. Soon the grunt is rising back to his feet, his hands rubbing his eyes as he regains his senses.

"What the hell was that", questions the recently woken grunt, "dude what is going on?" The grunt looks around to see that his Scraggy is still sleeping, although it is far from peacefully as he is being plagued by nightmares.

"We got jumped by this rookie", answers the other grunt, "I think I have this handled but if you could wake your Scraggy up and help me deal with them that would be great........"

"Yeah sure thing, just finish this quick, we might get a reward for bringing them in." The grunt picks up his Scraggy and begins slapping it across the face and shaking it violently. "Wake up you little shit, time to fight!" The Scraggy doesn't seem to be waking just yet, but it surely wouldn't be long.

"Wing Attack Murkrow, then follow with another Payback." Things certainly weren't looking in your favour at the moment, but Buru certainly wasn't about to give up.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:56 PM   #267
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- It was now time for the battle to commence, your opponents eagerly await your reveal and you quickly put them at ease. With a toss of your final Pokeball you bring out Bell the Dewpider, the Alolan native quickly assesses its surroundings and puts on a brave face. A look across to Gloria sees the same emotionless face she wore when she faced you, although her mind was much more active.

"Pignite and Servine, the evolutions of Tepig and Snivy respectively, they are starter Pokemon from the Unova region. Pignite is a Fire/Fighting type while Servine is a pure Grass type. Both my Inkay and your Dewpider hold a type advantage over the Pignite so I suggest we target it first. However I think it would be smart to set up a defense first." Gloria produces a Pokeball from her pocket and tosses it up into the air. It bursts open and an Inkay emerges, the revolving Pokemon slowly floats back down to eye level.

"So we have our combatants", shouts the announcer, "from the challengers we have a Dewpider and an Inkay!" The crowd lets out a roar of applause, it seems you still had some favour with them. "However, will they be strong enough to defeat the Petrov's Pignite and Servine?!" The crowd erupts, showing they favour the Petrov's much more than Gloria and yourself, this was going to be an uphill battle. "Let the final fight of the night begin!"

The Petrov's smile, "you first my dear", mutters Nikolai. Stepping forward, Valeriya issues orders to her Servine. "My sweet Servine, strike first with a Leaf Tornado on the Inkay, then strike it with a Grass Pledge!" Nikolai grins as he looks to support his wife, "Pignite time to fire up, Flame Charge into the Dewpider then set the ground alight by striking it with a Fire Pledge!"

Gloria jumps into action, "Inkay raise our defenses by setting up a Reflect" Gloria gives you a brief nod, the increased defense would certainly help you deal with physical assaults. "Psywave the Pignite!" The battle had started and Pokemon were leaping into action, it was time to fight!
The Petrovs offered no rebuttal, Gloria agreed with her observation, and the crowd roared in overwhelming approval for the enemy- only one of these things was remotely surprising to Amicae. It was clear that the majority of them expected to see these apparent backup dancers squirm in a crazy, hysterical panic, and indeed they might just have been if the girl had known about the pair prior to tonight. Hope was visible from where she stood, after all, and neither she nor her partner were willing to let that chance go. Just how long would these murderers have the advantage in morale, the scarred girl couldn't help but wonder.

A quick explanation of their foes lined up with what her initial impressions were, but the fact that the "pignite" was also a Fighting Type was most certainly a welcome surprise. All the more reason focus on quenching its flame for battle first, really.

More good news came literally barreling their way, wreathed in reddish-orange flames- they had no idea what Bell's Ability was or how it functioned! Still, there was a clear power difference between the two, and Ami had no desire to see him bear the brunt of that strength. "Bell, ruin their Sport with a drizzling of Water!"

Now that the bacon was guaranteed to not be very crispy at all, it was time to take on an offensive twist. Anyone with both a dewpider and access to a pokedex would be remiss to be unaware of its evolution's tendency to drown its prey in its Water Bubble, and while Mr. Blazes was certainly not smaller than Bell, there was nothing that said that they couldn't try at least a varient of it. "Follow up with a Bubble attack right into the pignite's snout!"

Was it a bit risky? Possibly. Was it downright dirty if it went according to plan? Absolutely. It was time to see if the "crazy backup dancers" could steal back the stage!
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #268
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
The Ribcage Mall.

134
: The battle for survival raged on, as 'Opio remaining oblivious to the war over the ledge tussles with the Spinarak clamping into her flank, and with the pinching of small fangs starting to hurt, shakes around before raising her small arms up and raining down a flurry of punches like a shower of comets upon the small bug, the first and second burst of strikes dislodging it as the third and fourth barrage shoves it down into the ground. Not to be taken lightly, and angered by the assault, the spider turns around and sprays a silked thread around her and begins to pull upon it, attempting to constrict her movement as it then scurries around and stings her with the poisonous horn on the already injured flank as the Kangaskhan kid pulls the webbing free.

Grunting from the sudden jab, the youngster turns to the bug, honks furiously and rushes the Spinarak with a second assault of comet punch, the Spinarak squeaking as the attack's strength is amplified by the scarf worn around her neck's innate power as thickened claws slam upon the pokemon once, twice, thrice, quice, five full rounds, each round bringing more and more fury to the youth until she stops, seizes the battered and bruised Spinarak by the horn and fangs, and stares the woozy insect in the eyes, feeling it shiver in fear at her before huffing and tossing it casually off the ledge without a care. Giving a honk, 'Opio feels power within her, the defeated Spinarak falling for several seconds before plopping onto the ground below with a small thud, wiggling legs in a futile attempt to get up before just laying on the floor. 'Opio gains 2 levels!

The Kangaskhan's victory is short-lived, however, as she is shoved backwards by some unseen force, bringing a Starly all too familiar to her with it. Taken by surprise by the psychic blast, Ikaika climbs onto her feet as Pahalo clicks her beak in disapproval towards her gargantuan foe, leering straight at the Ariados as it returns its attention to the biggest threat to her. The Ariados falters a little, slightly unnerved by the vicious look as Ikaika grabs her bearings with a little help from 'Opio, who is completely oblivious to the Ariados and instead showing the Starly her wounds from battle proudly. Thoroughly ruffled, the Starly takes to the skies once more as the Mandibuzz is snared by a string shot that is closer to a chain than a string, legs snared as the larger of the creatures brings her down to level before taking careful aim at Pahalo with the horn aglow with bug energy.

With the poison running through her veins, Pahalo brings her wings round, but realises the mega-sized horn on her foe is as big as she is as the Ariados salivates and takes steps closer, to ensure a clean stab at the chest and heart, just as Ikaika unleashes her draconic hidden power at the same time as the frazzled Pidove lets loose a gust catching the orbs, creating a small storm of missiles that peppers the Ariados' front. Taken off guard, the spider lunges forward, grazing the Mandibuzz and knocking her loose from the webbing, who follows suit with a blade of air that slashes into the face of the spider queen as she attempts to swing with the megahorn, flinching the insect as the energy fades to its frustration.

In anger, the Ariados appears to hurk before spewing forth a wave of venom over the birds. Ikaika and Pidove are more disgusted than anything, but Pahalo is drenched by the toxin which seeps into her, the vulture giving a queasy croon as she feels her strength leave her, causing her to land upon the sticky webbing, though her sharp talons mean that escape wouldn't be too tough for her. Not yet finished, its forelegs become steeped in a dark energy but the sucker punch never arrives as Ikaika promptly flies into its face and flutters and dances in front of it, shedding feathers over the Ariados as it shrieks and waves its arms around to shoo her away. Mustering up more courage, the Pidove flaps harder trying to break free of the webbing...and after the prior psychic burst which admittedly hurt, the tiny pigeon tears free of the snare with a cheerful, relieved coo. Fluttering wings, the bird then flies a small ring around the Ariados who is by now infuriated, and the air currents generated by the flight of her initial prey don't help, cutting into her sensitive wounds as it flies by you, the air cutter shredding much of the webbing holding you. You could probably free yourself now, though below you lies nothing but the cruelty of gravity and another sticky cable. Ariados by now is seething, as the insectoid energy from the mostly failed Megahorn seems to emanate around her, swarming as the colossus finds her footing on the web a little shaky.

Ikaika and Pidove took a considerable hit from the Psychic blast, and another such hit could very well be too much for them, while Pahalo is starting to feel the burn of the poison, and after her lucky break, knows she's starting to push herself towards her limits. A solid hit on her, and the encroaching poison may very well be enough to drive her well into the danger zone. Ariados is definitely weakened, and another couple of decent strikes should bring her down, though the swarming effect means she's much more aggressive, and as she glowers, her sights fall on you and your lack of defence...
Well... this sucked. Death by giant, angry Ariados, or death by falling? The whole 'plummeting half a dozen stories to ones' demise' was a much more deeply ingrained fear of Tate's, certainly, but probably more instantaneous and less painful than being drained of fluids by an arachnid -- which Tate really didn't want to be complicit to the murder of but which the murder of seemed to be the only way in which any of them were going to survive. Yes, this sucked immensely.

Tate clung tightly to the webbing, ultimately more afraid of falling than of being eaten; perhaps the trainer had enough faith in the Pokémon fighting on behalf of the silly human's continued well being, or perhaps irrational phobias simply held that much sway. Pahalo, finding the idea of her trainer being devoured an inconvenience, did what she could to try to drive the ravenous insect away, beating her tired wings in a valiant attempt to kick up a whirlwind to push the beast back. Vision doubling from the poison burning in her veins, she had no choice but to retreat to a high ledge after only a short time trying, seeking a roost upon which to catch her breath lest she fall from the very sky.

"Okay, Ikaika-," Tate began, in a quaking voice. One by one, the trainer pulled both hands free of the webbings, and dropped back down to dangle from the ankles once again. Terror flooded the bird keeper's system, but Tate endeavored to stay calm, praying to Celebi that the binding would hold. Take a deep breath, and strike a pose! Wrists crossed, over the face, swoop them up to the hips. Cross them out in front, that's right, now raise them high and bring them down! Fly like a bird! Up and away! The Z-Crystal o the braided bracelet on Tate's wrist never felt so heavy or so welcome. "S-supersonic Skystrike!"

Here's hoping we all survive.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Incognito Isle


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:55 AM   #269
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- With your cover blown you emerge from your hiding place, leaving Chad concealed for now. The grunt gives you a quick once over but doesn't seem to be phased by your reveal. "Oh did you just stumble in here by mistake? A weakling like yourself shouldn't be out after dark, especially in such a dangerous area" He grins as he cracks his knuckles, "Taunt them Murkrow!" Before Buru can paint a screen into existence, the Murkrow begins to cackle, a dark curse falls on the Smeargle causing her to feel much more aggressive. Her aggression prevents her from using such a passive attack, she now wanted to inflict pain upon the Dark type.

Buru's tail begins to crackle with electricity, with a swift stroke of the brush like appendage she sends of wave of electric tendrils towards the Murkrow. The Murkrow screeches in pain as the electricity shocks it into submission, maybe it shouldn't have been taking the Smeargle so lightly. "Time for some Payback Murkrow", a Dark aura surrounds the mischievous bird, growing stronger as it feeds on its pain. Shooting forward like an arrow the Murkrow lunges at Buru, its beak digs into her chest and the power of the attack sends her stumbling backwards, falling back onto her hands. As the Murkrow arcs back around, the incapacitated grunt begins to stir. Soon the grunt is rising back to his feet, his hands rubbing his eyes as he regains his senses.

"What the hell was that", questions the recently woken grunt, "dude what is going on?" The grunt looks around to see that his Scraggy is still sleeping, although it is far from peacefully as he is being plagued by nightmares.

"We got jumped by this rookie", answers the other grunt, "I think I have this handled but if you could wake your Scraggy up and help me deal with them that would be great........"

"Yeah sure thing, just finish this quick, we might get a reward for bringing them in." The grunt picks up his Scraggy and begins slapping it across the face and shaking it violently. "Wake up you little shit, time to fight!" The Scraggy doesn't seem to be waking just yet, but it surely wouldn't be long.

"Wing Attack Murkrow, then follow with another Payback." Things certainly weren't looking in your favour at the moment, but Buru certainly wasn't about to give up.
Gary frowned and grit his teeth as Buru was baited into dropping her strategy and turning to an all-out offensive tactic by the Murkrow’s Taunt. This really didn’t work in her favor, as the majority of the Smeargle’s moves focused heavily on defense and setting up buffs from afar. However, Gary wouldn’t have come this far as a Pokemon trainer if he didn’t know how to adjust and react to a changing strategy on the fly. As he racked his brain for an alternate plan, the enemy grunt roused his sleeping partner from his slumber. As they talked it out, Gary knew it would only be a matter of time until that sleeping Scraggy would wake up as well. He hoped that the Nightmare would at least weaken it some more until then.

Turning his attention back to Buru, Gary watched as his Smeargle silently seethed. This was something really out of character for Buru, who was arguably the most gentle and soft-spoken member of his team. “Don’t worry Buru,” Gary called out, “We’ll get these guys. For now let’s deal with that Murkrow. Hit it with successive Shock Waves and then as it finishes attacking, use your Metronome on it! Additionally, if that Scraggy wakes up, hit it with your Fairy Gummi Bomb!”

Buru nodded quietly, eyes glaring at the Murkrow as Gary called out her orders. Still assessing the situation, Gary knew things could turn hairy if that Scraggy woke up and this became a two vs one. He discretely reached down to the Pokeballs on his belt and grasped the Pokeball holding his Larvitar, Tyrant. If this turned back into a double battle, he resolved to back up Buru with Tyrant’s aid.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:44 AM   #270
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Balmund: [Update Music]

BAM.

The heavy metal door exploded open, a tangle of roots and branches having erupted from around its hinges, forcefully blasting the door onto the floor of the room adjacent to yours in a coil of twisted metal.

The room was almost completely dark… eerily so. J hadn’t said anything in response to your insistence of letting Carlos come along. It was hard to discern whether she was still in shock from what had just played out on the television, or if she was simply opting to put on her best poker face while keeping an eye on the Shell grunt. Carlos took the lead, stepping into the darkness of the adjacent room, wearing a nervous look on his face.

J took a step forward to follow, and then stopped. Two Shell grunts manifested out of the shadows and into the light of the room with shocked looks on their faces. One began to speak up. “Carlos, what the -” J’s Trevenant immediately extended its arms forward, blasting a mass of vines through the air and around the grunts before lifting them into the air and smacking them together, immediately knocking them out. Carlos stood still, stunned.

J finally spoke up. “We can’t waste time. Either you’re doing this with us, or we’re doing this without you,” she said to Carlos, brushing past him impatiently.

“You’re here for her, aren’t you?” Carlos asked suddenly. J stopped walking and remained silent. “Saoirse. That’s why you’re here, isn’t it?” The air became heavy. It was obvious that Carlos had struck a chord, and not a good one at that. Even so, J remained silent still. “I can take you to her. I can take you to her, if you can promise to end this,” he said. “But she’s not in this facility.”

J stood still for a moment before finally speaking up. “Then how would one get to her, exactly?”

“There’s -” Carlos began to respond before suddenly being cut off by a loudspeaker.

“Attention, all personnel: tonight’s cargo transport to Sector 13 will be departing in thirty minutes. All payloads must be ready for transport to ensure timely preparation for Project Manifest Destiny. Time is of the essence and your cooperation is appreciated.”

J adjusted her hat and then tilted her head back with an annoyed expression. “So I’m guessing that’s where you were going with this.”

Carlos looked at both of you and bit his lip. “We don’t have much time.”

“Then we need to stop pissing around and get a move on,” she said.

“Yeah, you know, I don’t think that’s going to happen,” a voice suddenly said. The light flicked on, revealing a fairly wide room, with the elevator shaft you had descended earlier on one side. Stacks of beer kegs and wooden crates lined the walls of the otherwise empty room. A man stood in the corner opposite of you. Two more large steel doors labeled ‘Loading Bay’ swung open beside him and three more Shell grunts entered. “Carlos, I always knew you were a pussy. Could never count on you to do shit. That’s why you were always relegated to clean up duty in the arena…”

Carlos didn’t respond, but the look fury on his face said all that needed to be said. The new man spoke up once more. “This whole shindig seems so half-assed, wouldn’t you say? What, did you guys think you would just walk into our facility and just put a stop to everything? The world doesn’t work that way, kiddos. Do you think this is a movie? Some kind of video game? It actually pisses me off that you could be so naive,” he said, getting angrier by the minute. J’s Trevenant launched another burst of vines from its arms toward the man, only to suddenly freeze mid-air, instantly ceasing all movement.

“Like I said: naive.”

A giant, shadowy fist suddenly appeared from behind a stack of crates, flying through the air and striking the Trevenant with great force, sending it flying sideways into a large pile of kegs, causing them to collapse and fall onto the ghost-type, some cracking open as they hit the ground, resulting in a large puddle of beer to coalesce around the motionless phantom tree Pokemon. J looked stunned. The three remaining Shells that had entered the room each produced a Pokeball of their own as the Trevenant’s attacker revealed itself from the shadows as none other than a large Dusknoir. Each grunt dropped their Pokeballs onto the ground, each one exploding open in a burst of light to reveal an Araquanid, an Electabuzz, and a Midnight Form Lycanroc.

Three Pokemon stood between you and the loading bay, and a powerful one behind you. Carlos’ eyes widened in fear, and J balled her hands into fists, clenching her jaw as the Trevenant remained laying under the pile of kegs, unmoving as the large puddle of beer underneath of it continued to slowly expand across the floor...



TheKnightsFury: [Update Music]

As Spartacus returned to your side, Oliver lifted Trixie off of the ground and hoisted her over his shoulder, kicking the gun across the ground and into a pile of rubble. He looked at her sheepishly, seemingly trying to hide the fact that felt somewhat sorry for the way he reacted. “It… would be best that we have collateral in case we need it,” he said softly. He turned toward the dark corridor that led underneath of the park, took a few steps forward, and 4then stopped. “We’re going to need to stick together. In fact, we’re going to take it a step further,” he said. “You two are going to be my prisoners.”

“Interesting,” Ehrmantraut smirked. “I like where you’re going with this, you bastard. You already have the trust of the Ribs at this outpost, so if you bring us in as the party responsible for the base collapse…”

“... then it would be the most efficient way to infiltrate the base, yes,” Oliver finished. “The cherry on top is that I put Trixie’s current state on you, which is bound to make the situation even more interesting.”

He paused and took a more serious tone. “I know why you’re here, Roland,” he said. “Have you told him everything?”

Ehrmantraut stared at Oliver, remaining silent and stoic as ever. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Oliver. We’re here to break up Rib operations in the park, and that’s what we’re going to do,” he said quietly. Oliver squinted. “Ah... is that so…”

Suddenly a loud banging sound emanated from the dark end of the corridor, and shouting got closer. Oliver retrieved his Pawniard to its Pokeball, and Ehrmantraut’s Druddigon to his. The large trainer removed a gun from his pocket, emptied the clip of ammunition into his side pack, and pressed the barrel against the back of Ehrmantraut’s head. “Follow my lead. Just start walking, and let me do all the talking,” Oliver said quietly.

The group of you began walking down the tunnel at a normal pace, pretending to be Oliver’s prisoners. After several minutes of walking through dim, flickering lights and past large chunks of fallen concrete, a group of about fifteen Ribs suddenly manifested out of the darkness.

“What the hell, bro?” One said upon seeing Oliver. “The fuck happened to Trixie?”

Oliver stepped back and then set her on the ground, leaning her against a large boulder that had fallen from the ceiling. “These assholes happened, is what,” Oliver replied, waving his gun at the two of you. “And not just Trixie… this guy right here,” he said, pointing at you, “is the entire reason we’re in this mess.”

“Really? So you’re the fuckstick who did all this shit, hm?” the unknown Rib said, walking up to you slowly until he was almost face to face with you. “Do you have any idea what you’ve done? Hm?” He said quietly. He smiled and chuckled slightly. “I mean, haha, how the fuck does some asshole like you do all this?” He smiled, putting both of his arms out and looking around questioningly. Suddenly, his facial expression changed to one of disgust, and he headbutted you on the forehead and spat on the ground.

“Who the fuck do you think you are?” He said in disgust before turning around and walking back to his group. “We’ll escort you back into the base, Oliver. I’m sure there are a few of our friends who are going to want to exchange words with these assholes,” he said. The Rib looked to one of the others in their group and punched him lightly in the chest. “You. Down the corridor to the left. Look for more survivors. I want a damage report within a half hour.” The Rib saluted and ran down the tunnel and disappeared into the darkness. Oliver lifted Trixie back up over his head and began to walk. “Don’t try anything funny, kid, or I’ll blow his brains out,” he said to you, winking.

The group of Ribs was large, but had their backs turned to you. If you wanted to get into the base on your own terms, and before they could bring you in and truly outnumber you, perhaps trying something funny would be your best bet; or, alternatively, maybe continuing to keep up the guise of Oliver’s prisoners would be the stealthier option…

Last edited by deoxys; 08-17-2017 at 02:09 AM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:30 AM   #271
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
TheKnightsFury: [Update Music]

As Spartacus returned to your side, Oliver lifted Trixie off of the ground and hoisted her over his shoulder, kicking the gun across the ground and into a pile of rubble. He looked at her sheepishly, seemingly trying to hide the fact that felt somewhat sorry for the way he reacted. “It… would be best that we have collateral in case we need it,” he said softly. He turned toward the dark corridor that led underneath of the park, took a few steps forward, and then stopped. “We’re going to need to stick together. In fact, we’re going to take it a step further,” he said. “You two are going to be my prisoners.”

“Interesting,” Ehrmantraut smirked. “I like where you’re going with this, you bastard. You already have the trust of the Ribs at this outpost, so if you bring us in as the party responsible for the base collapse…”

“... then it would be the most efficient way to infiltrate the base, yes,” Oliver finished. “The cherry on top is that I put Trixie’s current state on you, which is bound to make the situation even more interesting.”

He paused and took a more serious tone. “I know why you’re here, Roland,” he said. “Have you told him everything?”

Ehrmantraut stared at Oliver, remaining silent and stoic as ever. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Oliver. We’re here to break up Rib operations in the park, and that’s what we’re going to do,” he said quietly. Oliver squinted. “Ah... is that so…”

Suddenly a loud banging sound emanated from the dark end of the corridor, and shouting got closer. Oliver retrieved his Pawniard to its Pokeball, and Ehrmantraut’s Druddigon to his. The large trainer removed a gun from his pocket, emptied the clip of ammunition into his side pack, and pressed the barrel against the back of Ehrmantraut’s head. “Follow my lead. Just start walking, and let me do all the talking,” Oliver said quietly.

The group of you began walking down the tunnel at a normal pace, pretending to be Oliver’s prisoners. After several minutes of walking through dim, flickering lights and past large chunks of fallen concrete, a group of about fifteen Ribs suddenly manifested out of the darkness.

“What the hell, bro?” One said upon seeing Oliver. “The fuck happened to Trixie?”

Oliver stepped back and then set her on the ground, leaning her against a large boulder that had fallen from the ceiling. “These assholes happened, is what,” Oliver replied, waving his gun at the two of you. “And not just Trixie… this guy right here,” he said, pointing at you, “ is the entire reason we’re in this mess.”

“Really? So you’re the fuckstick who did all this shit, hm?” the unknown Rib said, walking up to you slowly until he was almost face to face with you. “Do you have any idea what you’ve done? Hm?” He said quietly. He smiled and chuckled slightly. “I mean, haha, how the fuck does some asshole like you do all this?” He smiled, putting both of his arms out and looking around questioningly. Suddenly, his facial expression changed to one of disgust, and he headbutted you on the forehead and spat on the ground.

“Who the fuck do you think you are?” He said in disgust before turning around and walking back to his group. “We’ll escort you back into the base, Oliver. I’m sure there are a few of our friends who are going to want to exchange words with these assholes,” he said. The Rib looked to one of the others in their group and punched him lightly in the chest. “You. Down the corridor to the left. Look for more survivors. I want a damage report within a half hour.” The Rib saluted and ran down the tunnel and disappeared into the darkness. Oliver lifted Trixie back up over his head and began to walk. “Don’t try anything funny, kid, or I’ll blow his brains out,” he said to you, winking.

The group of Ribs was large, but had their backs turned to you. If you wanted to get into the base on your own terms, and before they could bring you in and truly outnumber you, perhaps trying something funny would be your best bet; or, alternatively, maybe continuing to keep up the guise of Oliver’s prisoners would be the stealthier option…
[/color][/size]
As they made their way into the tunnels, Oliver outlines his intended plan. Jayson and Ehrmantraut were to be Oliver's prisoners, the Ribs would bring them into the base and then they would break their cover, it seemed simple enough. Jayson was almost willing to follow the plan until it was revealed that Ehrmantraut was hiding something from him, he had put his life on the line and the marshal still didn't trust him enough? That wasn't fair. Jayson recalled Atalanta for now, the Dartrix was likely more tired than she appeared, she had been through a lot. He then ordered Spartacus to follow them from a distance, if needed the Scyther could spring from the shadows to help him.

Oliver led them through the tunnels, his gun firmly pressed against the back of Ehrmantraut's head. Soon the group ran into a group of fifteen Ribs grunts, who were quite shocked to find out that Jayson was responsible for the disaster that collapsed the tunnels. One of the grunts went so far as to come up and headbutt him, it took all of his willpower not to snap his neck right there. The grunts were going to lead him into the base, but who knew what awaited them inside. He couldn't trust Ehrmantraut if the marshal didn't trust him and by extension he had no real reason to put his trust in Oliver. For all he knew, Oliver could be playing both sides, once a crook, always a crook. The grunts had turned their backs on him and left themselves exposed, Jayson was going to take care of them himself.

His hand dropped to his belt and he reached for Candace's Pokeball, the Passimian could charge straight through the group like they were bowling pins, then Spartacus could come in to help finish them off. However during the fight with the Darmanitan, the pokeballs on his belt had gotten messed up, so when Jayson tossed the Pokeball forward, the Pokemon that appeared was not what he planned. Jormungand the Magikarp flopped on the ground, the noise caught the attention of the grunt who had headbutted him. "Fuck", swore Jayson as he grabbed the Magikarp by the tail and slung it towards the grunt, "Outrage Jormungand!" The Magikarp began to shake and flop with anger, slamming into the grunt and knocking him onto his back. The rest of the Ribs turned to face him, their cover was blown and they were now outnumbered. Suddenly Jormungand began to glow and in a burst of light his body began to grow. Jayson, Ehrmantraut and Oliver are forced to stumble back as Jormungand's body elongates, stretching out into a serpentine body. A deafening roar fills the tunnel as the newly evolved Gyarados stares down the grunts who stood in its way.

"About time Jormungand!" Jayson had been training the Magikarp in hopes of getting it to evolve, turns out it just needed the right amount of motivation. "Continue your Outrage Jormungand, tear them apart!" Jayson drew his sword and rushed up alongside the Gyarados, not willing to let it face the grunts alone. "Spartacus!" Jayson shouted for the Scyther, who quickly dashed out of the shadows to his side, "help me out here bud, take out as many of them as you can, Dual Chop. I'm sick of these mother fucking Ribs in these mother fucking tunnels!" Jayson was at his wits end, it was time for carnage.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #272
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,768
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Hey I'm picking up Meetan per her request and Carrie/Mane so she can start her adventure here!

Meetan- The bigger, fatter kid seems shocked when you approach him, and starts to tremble. He looks up at you, seeing in your eyes that you know more than what you said. It seems the kid was a coward, only picking on those weaker on him to try and gain some sense of self-worth. It was a pity, really, but life in Bedlam Ridge caused that to happen to people. If you didn't toughen up soon, you'd be fish food.

With a gulp, he starts to explain his situation. "I-I just caught this Mudkip... You... uh... see. Gary's my older brother. He's always picking on me and stuff. I wanted to show him I'm not some wimp," he responds, gradually shifting from obvious lies to a more flimsy truth. Yet, he starts to break down. "B-But..." tears well up in his eyes "I am a wimp. I stole this Mudkip because I can't even catch a Pokemon on my own. J-Just take it back, I'm not ready for this."

At this point the bigger boy has broken down sobbing. You hear rustling in the bushes behind you, and see Terry and Janie start to emerge from where you were hiding. With a quick hand motion, you signal them to stay hiding. Kids were still kids at the end of the day.

As you go to approach muddy, you hear footsteps behind you. Louder footsteps, like someone was stomping boots into the ground. Anger was pounded into the air with every step, the ground itself was trembling. Looking at the source, you saw a not so pleasant looking teenager approaching with fury. While thinner, he looked like an older version of the fat boy crying next to you. He face was riddled with acne and acne scars, and his grimace revealed a not so appealing set of crooked teeth.

"You just had to fuck this up, didn't you David? You useless piece of shit. No wonder dad left us, I bet he saw how much of a fucking failure you were before I did." A high-pitched yelp echoed through the air as the teenager kicked the poor boy in the shin, and then started kicking him in the stomach.

"YOU HAD ONE JOB. STEAL A POKEMON. NOT GET CAUGHT. IT'S SO SIMPLE A FUCKING PANPOUR COULD DO IT BLINDFOLDED. YET YOU FAILED. YOU FAILED LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO. AND NOW I HAVE TO COME AND FIX YOUR FUCKING MISTAKES, YOU USELESS SACK OF SHIT." With each sentence, a harsher kick was given. At the end, you could've sworn you heard the smaller boy start to cough up blood. THe older boy, presumably his brother Gary, looked at the sobbing wrecked beneath him, before drawing it into a gentle caress.

"It's okay though... Your brother will take care of you. I don't like being mean to you. I don't want to hurt you. I do this out of love... I can't miss my appointment, so stay here. I'll come back, I promise. I never break my promises, right?"

And with that, the teen leaves, but before that he gives you a dirty look.

"Don't you dare mess with this woman. If would've given you hell if I wasn't already late. Just take the stupid Mudkip back, what I got is way better anyways."

And with that, he was gone.

What do you do?


Mane-

You and Fwoofy enjoyed the new freedom that came with being a fledgling trainer, enjoying the sights of the Crystal Grove. The district was mostly free from the gang wards that plagued the rest of the city, and the higher classes tended to live here in relative ease. As you continued to walk, you noticed paper lanterns starting to line the streets. It seemed that a lot of people here were dressed in weird robes, and many stands with all sorts of games, shops, and foreign food were arranged in an orderly fashion on the streets. Fwoofy started to growl at almost everything, but most people ignored him and continued having fun at whatever was going on. Curious, you eventually seek out a help booth.

"Oh, welcome to the Crystal Faire miss!" A young woman dressed in a similar robe as most of the other people in the fair. "Every year we hold this festival to honor our residents from the more eastern regions of the world. If you want to play any of the games, I can sell you tickets. Or point you in the direction of getting your very own yukata!" She looks over and sees Fwoofy growling at her. "Oh what a feisty little one! We also hold a special tournament for new trainers ever year here. It's said the winner of it has a successful first year of being a trainer, and there is also some prize money to be won as well. Would you like me to enter you in it?"

What do you do.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:51 PM   #273
Raves
...try a little harder.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,514
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Achievement unlocked: The Bitter End.

The Ribcage Mall.

134
: Fearful though you were, given the Ariados had turned its attention to you once more, you swallow and accept that one of you weren't making it through this day alive, and intended you and your team to be the survivors. Having taken notice, Pahalo begins to flap her wings powerfully as the forelimbs of the spider glow with a sickly poison as it approaches, while fangs bubble with a lime tinted aura, and as the whirlwind blows, the Ariados is taken off guard slightly, her crossed legs missing you by mere inches as you can only cry out in terror. With the venom in her veins eating away at her, the Mandibuzz is forced onto the rafters to catch her breath and roosts, trying to retain some semblance of energy as she shudders, vision blurry as the poison wracks her body again. At last, Ikaika hears your call and readies herself for an attack as you relinquish your grip on the rope, dangling upside down once more as you perform the necessary actions to unleash the energy within the Starly, just as the Ariados lunges forth, ready to drain the very life out of you...

...which is when Pidove dives into its face in a quick attack that startles it, but leaves it wide open to her cruel fangs clamping down on the avian with what seems like gigaton force, the Pidove giving a heart-wrenching screech before the long leg pokemon spits it out at you, forcing you to swing to grab the barely conscious pigeon lest it plummet to its doom. Holding the bird to your chest, your Flyinium Z on your wrist glows, as the Starly is imbued with the energy within, ready to strike her foe down with her fiercest flying attack...until it dawns upon her that her knowledge of flying techniques limits her to Feather Dance and Roost! As the Z-energy flows through her, the Starly begins to panic, but upon seeing the position you and Pahalo are in, and the Ariados slowly recovering from the sudden bird to the face, she focuses on her small wings, trying to familiarise herself with her Steel Wing technique, only with her natural energy, and as the beast before her hisses in fury, lowering the head so the horn points at her trainer, her warrior's spirit and her bond with you empowers her. Ikaika gains 5 levels!

With a flap of her wings, the experience of fighting a superior opponent of thise caliber gives the starling the drive to turn her attack into something much more powerful. Giving a stentorian battle cry, the Starly lands on a rafter momentarily, before launching herself skywards as the giant spider cocks her head in a manner you could tell would be her groaning "oh, what NOW!?" if you weren't in a position of petrification. Like a bullet, Ikaika crashes through one of the windows in the ceiling of the mall, out into the storm and through the clouds, which appear to part as she turns around and proceeds to divebomb at supersonic speeds, as her target looks up at her, fixated on the bird. The energy flowing through Ikaika propels her forward as she blasts through the window like a meteor, shattering the framework and smashing much of the glass before striking the Ariados in the back of the head. The velocity causes her to tear clean through flesh, muscle, organ and exoskeleton, bursting out the lower half of her foe as it gives the most horrifying shriek it can give, before time itself seems to slow down as a slight red mark makes its way round from entry to exit point.

As the marks meet, the Ariados' eyes glaze over as the front part of it peels off the abdominal section and the back falls the other way, the bisected insect's weight ripping through her web as the Ariados falls from her domain to the unforgiving and solid ground below with a loud, wet thump. Ikaika continues on her trajectory before looping round and landing on a post at the bottom, exhausted but triumphant. Almost as soon as the spider's existence is snuffed out, Pahalo appears to feel the poison leave her veins, as though the Ariados' life was connected to the effects of the poison. Before you can get your bearings, you feel yourself starting to float, and after a second of confusion you look down at your legs, only to learn that with the weaver of the web no longer in existence that the web holding you has started to decay at an alarming rate. With a gasp, the weight of you and Pidove causes the tether holding you to snap as gravity takes command. Squeezing eyes shut, you cry out as life that has happened and yet to occur flashes before you...before the sensation of being slowed down forces you to slowly peek, a cyan aura surrounding you.

Above you, 'Opio is cheerfully floating down in a similar glow while Pahalo glides down after you, the Mandibuzz remaining her usual self, though you could have sworn you saw a tiny glimmer of respect towards Ikaika in her eye, or was that your imagination? As feet find solid ground once more, your attention is commanded by the swine with black pearls adorning the head, the Grumpig the source of the psychic field that saved you from a messy landing. The Kangaskhan's field is held by a grumpy loooking Haunter, who is evidently far from amused at the youngster repeatedly bopping him in the face, dropping her near you while rubbing the bruise that seems to have formed somehow. Before you can do anything, a woman struts up to you, holding Ross by the ear as the man winces.

"This the kid you on about?" she snaps at him, the blonde clearly the one who was shouting earlier, as the Rib squirms in her grasp, before giving a sheepish nod. With but a roll of her eyes and a shift of her leg, the man lies quivering on the ground courtesy of a critical Z-Low Kick delivered by the woman. Turning back towards you, she gives you a once over, before shrugging.

"You ask for someone to hire an exterminator for that bug those Shell pricks released here months ago, and instead of some Charizard-toting hunk, some scrawny kid comes in and does the job for you..." she spits, looking at the slain Ariados like some sort of filthy pest. "Well, since you did the job instead of the three stooges we hired, you get the payment. Take it and clear off before the cops get suspicious, and try not to drop these next time, eh?"

The woman bundles a wad of paper and a couple of objects into your free arm before you can say anything, before storming off, the Grumpig pausing to give a salute to you before toddling off after her. Looking down at your items, you find $500 in notes, as well as a disc with a label on it declaring it as a TM for Acrobatics and the other object to be a green piece of headgear with a red visor, a pair of safety goggles apparently you lost. Choosing not to argue, you grab your belongings from the Ribs and begin to head for the exit of the mall, after checking on Pahalo's status and well-being. Pahalo gains 3 levels!

With the rain clearing up, the sight of sunlight peeking through the clouds above begins to warm you, as a wriggle in your arms diverts your attention to the Pidove. Battered and bruised, but having been saved from untimely demise, the level 14 Male Pidove with EM Lucky Chant gives a grateful coo, as the next step of your journey begins. Where you go and what you do...is up to the wings of fate to decide.


Upon replying to this update, your capture of the above Pidove is confirmed, and your adventure in Bedlam Ridge is concluded. You are free to return to this city at any time, and are free to place your Pidove in a ball of your choosing, as well as the collection of the Acrobatics TM, Safety Goggles and $500. It was a pleasure to update you, and here's hoping you enjoyed your adventure.

Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: With the Starmie's words taken to heart, you and your group begin to enter the underground ruins on high alert, as you detail your plan of action to the group. With Andromeda taking into account Amanda's physical situation of the moment, the starfish hangs back, ready to help her out when necessary, and indeed, the exercising of her psychic abilities seems to have helped Andromeda out as she gains 2 levels from scrying and analysing the grounds. As you step onto the mossy bricks, you seem to feel the age of the ruins themselves as you begin to follow the road down to the first of the buildings.

Looking forward, you find the road you're on seems to be a main road, as you opt to remain hidden and follow the back roads, figuring that the entity within would likely follow those paths more. The trek through the alleyways is tense, the sound of your footsteps putting you on edge. Once or twice, you pause, heart beating as a stray Golett plods by in eternal patrol, sometimes turning head towards you and raising hand in friendly salute, as your group theorises that people used to live here and the clay pokemon are imprinted upon humans as allies.

Eventually you come to a fork in the road, and with some conferring send Marvolo and Meowth ahead to scout for a safe path. A few seconds after they depart, a hand on your shoulder almost makes your quarter-Gastly into a half-Gastly as Amanda beckons for you.

"...I hate to admit...but I have a horrible feeling about this..." she whispers, just as another boom grabs your attention, the woman tumbling forward into your arms as you manage to keep yourself from falling over, giving a glance at your Starmie on why she didn't catch either of you. She remains silent, but looking at her gem, you can tell she's stone cold silent, as though trying not to make any sudden movements. As the sky darkens above you, you look up to find a Sigilyph, glaring at the right, where Marvolo ventured.

What happens next takes both you and Amanda's breaths away. The Avianoid pokemon launches a blast of air forward at something, only for an intense chill to fill the air as an incredible blast of frigid energy slams forth into the pokemon, the psychic pokemon's swaying movement slowing drastically and stopping as its body is frozen from within and outwith, an almost alien wail emanating from the creature, forming a crystalline tomb of ice, before shattering into countless fragments and raining across a wide area. Not just ice, however, as the pokemon itself, deep frozen, disintegrates too, small chunks of the Sigilyph dropping onto you and Amanda, both of you trembling. The image of death may not be as harsh as before, but the impact most certainly is. Before, the Rattata were merely out to survive, but whatever caused this must have done so out of malice. After a few tense seconds, Meowth and Marvolo return, as the pair give you feedback.

Meowth's side of the story tells you that the left path seems clear, though it does get rather narrow as the buildings were built closer than usual, but seems safe, as he seems curious at the sound he heard. Marvolo's news is that the right path is wider and he could spot some tunnels further ahead a short distance away, but that he also discovered something much more sinister, by confirming that he found the source of Andromeda's concern, though is reluctant to explain in detail. After a little coercion, he swallows before whispering gravely: A Claydol, a little larger than usual, hate etched into every one of those eyes, and body embedded with irregular gemstones of all sorts of colour, which glowed with menace before it released an incredible ray of frost, no mere ice beam, at something. He had ducked back in after spotting it, as he admits gazing upon it gave him a feeling of dread.

Your choices are clear as it dawns on you the Starmie's silence was to prevent the psychic pokemon from detecting her and your group by extension. Still holding onto Amanda, you feel your cheeks redden a little as you help yourself and her to your feet, before considering your decision on the best path to take. Narrow and safer, or shorter, but potentially reveaing yourselves to the Claydol with unknown agenda?
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #274
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Meetan- The bigger, fatter kid seems shocked when you approach him, and starts to tremble. He looks up at you, seeing in your eyes that you know more than what you said. It seems the kid was a coward, only picking on those weaker on him to try and gain some sense of self-worth. It was a pity, really, but life in Bedlam Ridge caused that to happen to people. If you didn't toughen up soon, you'd be fish food.

With a gulp, he starts to explain his situation. "I-I just caught this Mudkip... You... uh... see. Gary's my older brother. He's always picking on me and stuff. I wanted to show him I'm not some wimp," he responds, gradually shifting from obvious lies to a more flimsy truth. Yet, he starts to break down. "B-But..." tears well up in his eyes "I am a wimp. I stole this Mudkip because I can't even catch a Pokemon on my own. J-Just take it back, I'm not ready for this."

At this point the bigger boy has broken down sobbing. You hear rustling in the bushes behind you, and see Terry and Janie start to emerge from where you were hiding. With a quick hand motion, you signal them to stay hiding. Kids were still kids at the end of the day.

As you go to approach muddy, you hear footsteps behind you. Louder footsteps, like someone was stomping boots into the ground. Anger was pounded into the air with every step, the ground itself was trembling. Looking at the source, you saw a not so pleasant looking teenager approaching with fury. While thinner, he looked like an older version of the fat boy crying next to you. He face was riddled with acne and acne scars, and his grimace revealed a not so appealing set of crooked teeth.

"You just had to fuck this up, didn't you David? You useless piece of shit. No wonder dad left us, I bet he saw how much of a fucking failure you were before I did." A high-pitched yelp echoed through the air as the teenager kicked the poor boy in the shin, and then started kicking him in the stomach.

"YOU HAD ONE JOB. STEAL A POKEMON. NOT GET CAUGHT. IT'S SO SIMPLE A FUCKING PANPOUR COULD DO IT BLINDFOLDED. YET YOU FAILED. YOU FAILED LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO. AND NOW I HAVE TO COME AND FIX YOUR FUCKING MISTAKES, YOU USELESS SACK OF SHIT." With each sentence, a harsher kick was given. At the end, you could've sworn you heard the smaller boy start to cough up blood. THe older boy, presumably his brother Gary, looked at the sobbing wrecked beneath him, before drawing it into a gentle caress.

"It's okay though... Your brother will take care of you. I don't like being mean to you. I don't want to hurt you. I do this out of love... I can't miss my appointment, so stay here. I'll come back, I promise. I never break my promises, right?"

And with that, the teen leaves, but before that he gives you a dirty look.

"Don't you dare mess with this woman. If would've given you hell if I wasn't already late. Just take the stupid Mudkip back, what I got is way better anyways."

And with that, he was gone.

What do you do?
[/color]
At first, Alice was thoroughly unimpressed. No wonder Mudkip wasn't obeying this little bitch, between the fact it was stolen and that its thief had no spine. She was ready to approach Muddy and take it back, concealing her true feelings (they probably showed in her eyes, too, but still) - or at least the full extent of them - to perhaps address this boy's issues. Only, footsteps interrupted this thought, and what came next was absolutely horrifying.

"Lo, lotad!" Lorin called out at one point, the dual-type getting tearful, and Alice brought the Pokemon close to her chest so as to hide his face in her patterned shirt. He was shaking from the disbelief of what he had witnessed, his trainer's blue eyes still set on the sight of sheer, relentless abuse. It made her stomach churn, glossy lips parted, and at one point Alice thought she might be sick. There was so much blood. Briefly, Alice considered this might be when it was acceptable to assault someone with a Pokemon. He fucking deserved it--

She waited for him to be gone before moving forward, dropping down to her feet in the dirt, her Lotad still sobbing. "Muddy, your trainer's still back there. Go back to him and all of you kids get going, alright?" There wasn't too much she could do for this kid. Samantha's Heal Bell probably wouldn't stabilise him, but nonetheless, she took out a large pink water bottle and a pack of tissues to help out anyway.

"Listen to me. What your older brother said to you was bullshit, and you know it. Deep down, you know it." Alice insisted, one hand still softly caressing the poor thing in her embrace. "He doesn't do that out of love. It's abusive, and disgusting, and you deserve better." She extended a pale hand, "Can you walk? I thought I could help you catch a wild Pokemon of your own. And then we could go and battle your brother, make him dig his own grave, and leave him buried in it. Or whatever you think would help. I won't force you. But I'll show you you aren't useless or a failure. You just need a better role model and family, and probably medical attention, too. I'm no good there, though, I'm afraid."
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:46 PM   #275
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
The Ribcage Mall.

134
: Fearful though you were, given the Ariados had turned its attention to you once more, you swallow and accept that one of you weren't making it through this day alive, and intended you and your team to be the survivors. Having taken notice, Pahalo begins to flap her wings powerfully as the forelimbs of the spider glow with a sickly poison as it approaches, while fangs bubble with a lime tinted aura, and as the whirlwind blows, the Ariados is taken off guard slightly, her crossed legs missing you by mere inches as you can only cry out in terror. With the venom in her veins eating away at her, the Mandibuzz is forced onto the rafters to catch her breath and roosts, trying to retain some semblance of energy as she shudders, vision blurry as the poison wracks her body again. At last, Ikaika hears your call and readies herself for an attack as you relinquish your grip on the rope, dangling upside down once more as you perform the necessary actions to unleash the energy within the Starly, just as the Ariados lunges forth, ready to drain the very life out of you...

...which is when Pidove dives into its face in a quick attack that startles it, but leaves it wide open to her cruel fangs clamping down on the avian with what seems like gigaton force, the Pidove giving a heart-wrenching screech before the long leg pokemon spits it out at you, forcing you to swing to grab the barely conscious pigeon lest it plummet to its doom. Holding the bird to your chest, your Flyinium Z on your wrist glows, as the Starly is imbued with the energy within, ready to strike her foe down with her fiercest flying attack...until it dawns upon her that her knowledge of flying techniques limits her to Feather Dance and Roost! As the Z-energy flows through her, the Starly begins to panic, but upon seeing the position you and Pahalo are in, and the Ariados slowly recovering from the sudden bird to the face, she focuses on her small wings, trying to familiarise herself with her Steel Wing technique, only with her natural energy, and as the beast before her hisses in fury, lowering the head so the horn points at her trainer, her warrior's spirit and her bond with you empowers her. Ikaika gains 5 levels!

With a flap of her wings, the experience of fighting a superior opponent of thise caliber gives the starling the drive to turn her attack into something much more powerful. Giving a stentorian battle cry, the Starly lands on a rafter momentarily, before launching herself skywards as the giant spider cocks her head in a manner you could tell would be her groaning "oh, what NOW!?" if you weren't in a position of petrification. Like a bullet, Ikaika crashes through one of the windows in the ceiling of the mall, out into the storm and through the clouds, which appear to part as she turns around and proceeds to divebomb at supersonic speeds, as her target looks up at her, fixated on the bird. The energy flowing through Ikaika propels her forward as she blasts through the window like a meteor, shattering the framework and smashing much of the glass before striking the Ariados in the back of the head. The velocity causes her to tear clean through flesh, muscle, organ and exoskeleton, bursting out the lower half of her foe as it gives the most horrifying shriek it can give, before time itself seems to slow down as a slight red mark makes its way round from entry to exit point.

As the marks meet, the Ariados' eyes glaze over as the front part of it peels off the abdominal section and the back falls the other way, the bisected insect's weight ripping through her web as the Ariados falls from her domain to the unforgiving and solid ground below with a loud, wet thump. Ikaika continues on her trajectory before looping round and landing on a post at the bottom, exhausted but triumphant. Almost as soon as the spider's existence is snuffed out, Pahalo appears to feel the poison leave her veins, as though the Ariados' life was connected to the effects of the poison. Before you can get your bearings, you feel yourself starting to float, and after a second of confusion you look down at your legs, only to learn that with the weaver of the web no longer in existence that the web holding you has started to decay at an alarming rate. With a gasp, the weight of you and Pidove causes the tether holding you to snap as gravity takes command. Squeezing eyes shut, you cry out as life that has happened and yet to occur flashes before you...before the sensation of being slowed down forces you to slowly peek, a cyan aura surrounding you.

Above you, 'Opio is cheerfully floating down in a similar glow while Pahalo glides down after you, the Mandibuzz remaining her usual self, though you could have sworn you saw a tiny glimmer of respect towards Ikaika in her eye, or was that your imagination? As feet find solid ground once more, your attention is commanded by the swine with black pearls adorning the head, the Grumpig the source of the psychic field that saved you from a messy landing. The Kangaskhan's field is held by a grumpy loooking Haunter, who is evidently far from amused at the youngster repeatedly bopping him in the face, dropping her near you while rubbing the bruise that seems to have formed somehow. Before you can do anything, a woman struts up to you, holding Ross by the ear as the man winces.

"This the kid you on about?" she snaps at him, the blonde clearly the one who was shouting earlier, as the Rib squirms in her grasp, before giving a sheepish nod. With but a roll of her eyes and a shift of her leg, the man lies quivering on the ground courtesy of a critical Z-Low Kick delivered by the woman. Turning back towards you, she gives you a once over, before shrugging.

"You ask for someone to hire an exterminator for that bug those Shell pricks released here months ago, and instead of some Charizard-toting hunk, some scrawny kid comes in and does the job for you..." she spits, looking at the slain Ariados like some sort of filthy pest. "Well, since you did the job instead of the three stooges we hired, you get the payment. Take it and clear off before the cops get suspicious, and try not to drop these next time, eh?"

The woman bundles a wad of paper and a couple of objects into your free arm before you can say anything, before storming off, the Grumpig pausing to give a salute to you before toddling off after her. Looking down at your items, you find $500 in notes, as well as a disc with a label on it declaring it as a TM for Acrobatics and the other object to be a green piece of headgear with a red visor, a pair of safety goggles apparently you lost. Choosing not to argue, you grab your belongings from the Ribs and begin to head for the exit of the mall, after checking on Pahalo's status and well-being. Pahalo gains 3 levels!

With the rain clearing up, the sight of sunlight peeking through the clouds above begins to warm you, as a wriggle in your arms diverts your attention to the Pidove. Battered and bruised, but having been saved from untimely demise, the level 14 Male Pidove with EM Lucky Chant gives a grateful coo, as the next step of your journey begins. Where you go and what you do...is up to the wings of fate to decide.


Upon replying to this update, your capture of the above Pidove is confirmed, and your adventure in Bedlam Ridge is concluded. You are free to return to this city at any time, and are free to place your Pidove in a ball of your choosing, as well as the collection of the Acrobatics TM, Safety Goggles and $500. It was a pleasure to update you, and here's hoping you enjoyed your adventure.
What a blur. One minute you're trying not to die, aned the next moment, you and your Pokémon are certified murderers. It was probably for the best that everything happened as quickly as it did, lest the image of the bisected insect haunt the trainer forever; as it stood, the realization that hey had killed a living creature would sink in in due time and probably leave no shortage of emotional scars on the relatively sensitive Johto native. As it stood now, however, what dominated Tate was the sheer endorphins that came with being alive -- Tate gave a woozy salute back to the Grumpig as it toddled off, and looked down at the bird nestled in a dirty, sweaty, sticky arm, grinning weakly.

"Hell of a day, huh?" Tate sighed, as Ikaika landed on her trainer's shoulder with a tired chirp. Pahalo landed on the ground near Tate's feet and preened her feathers, satisfied that her meal ticket was alive for another day. "So look, we're uh-... we're kind of a rag tag group, but you know... clearly we stick together, right?"

Another nervous laugh. God, Tate was tired. Ikaika nodded resolutely down at the Pidove, puffing her chest out. They were comrades now, as far as she was confirmed. With a free hand, Tate reached down to the braided belt -- covered with spider silk and dust -- and pulled free an empty Luxury Ball.

"You're welcome to join us, buddy. I got a hell of a roost back at my place," Tate extended, hopefully. The Pidove seemed to consider the offer a moment, before loosing a coo that sounded a lot like a laugh at Tate's expense, and wriggled free, fluttering loose of the trainer's grasp. Landing atop the bird keeper's head, he puffed his chest out as well, mimicking Ikaika's pose. Comrades indeed! Tate sighed, and pressed the button on the ball, sucking him inside in a beam of red light. It wriggled in the palm of one hand once, twice, thrice... and went still.

He was going to be a handful.

Cramming money and goggles and disc into pockets, wherever they would fit, Tate took to juggling balls, calling back weary Pokémon. when everyone was safe inside their balls and re-clipped to the braided belt which now sagged with the weight of one more friend, Tate looked around, and made a beline for what was assumed to be the city limits, eager to get the hell out of this madhouse.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Incognito Isle


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.