UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2017, 09:28 PM   #26
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'
 
Kyuu-Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Scenic Ward #801, down Juné Lane.
Posts: 268
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
Bullarum Industrial Complex: Situated with the Harbor on one side and the Railyard on the other, the Bullarum Industrial Complex is in the perfect place for shipping and trading. Styled after the Virbank Complex in Unova, the Bullarum Complex specializes in oil refinery and distribution, though warehousing is an equally important part of the Complex’s business. Much like the Railyard, steel-types tend to gather here though fire-types and poison-types are also common. Additionally, ice-types love to gather at the cold-storage warehouses scattered around the complex.
Seiko looked nervously between the rails and scattered warehouses from the station exit, her brow creased in confusion. Um? Oh boy...

Above, past the glow of fluorescent lighting Seiko spied the heavenly bodies, perhaps the very same ones that cursed her with a foul sense of direction at birth. How did she know this? For as long as Seiko could remember, she had a penchant for losing her way. Catching a ride into an unfamiliar city, refusing to ask for directions when doing so was in her interest, attempting to navigate the trains without the aid of guides: it was clear equal parts of terrible decision-making spelled a recipe for disaster--her current predicament--in the end.

And I'm lost! Surprise, surprise. Seiko rolled her eyes and slouched, exasperated. To make matters worse, she'd neither a compass nor a map to provide her with a visual or means of navigating her current location. Moreover, an eerie silence permeated the perimeter, leading Seiko to believe that the area was deserted. Or, at least it ought to be, since she could hear nothing apart from the distant sound of the ocean tide at the Harbor side and the occasional howling of wind. It was the kind of atmosphere that made her paranoid, convincing her that lying in wait somewhere in the shadows was a menace just itching to snatch her up and do Arceus-knows-what with her.

Seiko stood erect. "There's nothing to be afraid of," she muttered, making a heartfelt attempt to reassure herself. It was however late and she had no desire to linger outdoors longer than necessary at this hour... Perhaps she could take shelter in one of the smaller warehouses nearby. Yes, that definitely seems wiser than spending the night outside.
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:25 AM   #27
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
TheKnightsFury: You find yourself with a conundrum. On the one hand, you see the logic in the foreman's, McCoy's, diatribe. It couldn't be hard to go and register yourself as a worker, able to move through the yard and help freely. On the other, there was obviously a problem in this moment of time, given McCoy's ire as he briskly walked away. Sure, you might be able to get registered and come help, but who knew how long that would take? Not knowing what the problem was, you can't say how time critical the problem might be. If something awful happened when you had the chance to help... Well, you know what your decision will be.

Waiting another moment to let McCoy pass out of sight and get a lead on yourself, you turn to your Pokémon, explaining what you plan to do. Your compatriots seem surprised at your blatant disregard for the foreman's instructions, but follow your lead without question. Atalanta shoots up into the sky without a sound. She soars upward, cresting over the tallest of the train cars until she settles a fair distance away. She circles for a few seconds, sighting out her prey, before taking off in roughly the direction you saw McCoy take. You follow, Boudicca galloping at a fair pace at your side, eyes following your faithful owl.

Train cars and workers alike pass you by as you race through the yard between tracks, occasionally cutting across one. Quickly into your sprint, it becomes apparent your choice of tactics was a smart one. Though not nearly as bad as its evolution, a Mudbray at full gallop is not by any means, well, stealthy. Luckily, no one tries to stop you in your pursuit. Quite a few people and Pokémon seem visibly confused as you pass, but all are left in your dust before they could even attempt to halt your progress. Twice you almost lose sight of Atalanta, but each time, aware of your movements, she pauses her flight long enough for you to continue onwards.

After only a few more minutes of travel, you spy Atalanta start circling up in the sky. You slow yourself, Boudicca similarly slowing to a light trot beside you. As you finally stop by an empty boxcar, your Rowlet silently flaps away from the railyard and out of your sight. She's only gone a moment before she rounds a corner behind you at ground level, having doubled back in secret to regroup with you. With a barely audible 'coo' she perches atop Boudicca's head, joining the two of you in peering around the side of the boxcar.

Looking around, you see that you're just on the cusp of a new area of the yard. Very similar to the area you were just in, a single track enters the area from your right, going through a series of switches until that one track has expanded into easily a good ten or fifteen separate lines. A fair distance away, towards where these many tracks converge back into a single line, you see a few rail cars of assorted types. In the more immediate surroundings of this area, however, the lines all appear to be empty.

Doing another visual sweep of the classification yard, you spot two humanoid forms with their backs to you right at the first switch in the track. One figure appears to be the foreman you met earlier, McCoy. The other, facing away, you can't discern much in the way of physical appearance, but does seem to be of a similar height and build as McCoy. Just as you spot them, words faintly carry on the wind to your group. You're in luck; based on the conversation (or more accurately, reprimand), McCoy seems to have gotten here only just before you.

"...Lots one thru four are all full, the hell was Scotty thinking messing with the switches?!" a gruff voice you recall to be McCoy's yells out.

"Like I know," a second voice calls out, a note of exasperation thick in the masculine, low-tenor tone. "I just got a call from the Scott in the switch house saying he effed up. He was tinkering, I guess, and it just stopped responding. And yeah, pneumatics is shot, but it's in the right position thank god. It's just..." The man trails off, kicking once at the switch. "Something tells me it wasn't just him that caused a problem." Now that your gaze has been turned to it, you notice that this switch doesn't look like the few you've seen so far in your time in the rail yard. Somehow, the iron bars that a train's wheels would run against have been bent at several places, and as you look closer you can see that parts of the steel are missing in what look suspiciously like bite marks.

McCoy goes still. "Dammit," he finally mutters after a pensive silence. "It's spreading out here." He goes quiet for another moment before shaking his head with a resigned sigh. "We don't have time to deal with that now. If we can straighten out this track we'll at least have half this yard open. I'm going to go find a Pokémon strong enough to bend these. Stay here, check the rest of the track, and make sure nothing else goes wrong." At that, McCoy turns and walks away, back towards the freight yard you were previously in.

Well, it doesn't seem to be too critical a problem - nothing immediately life-threatening at least. Still, you're here, and here to help. Perhaps there is something you could do?

The decision is yours. What will you do?

(Declared: Rowlet, Mudbray)


Atalanta had carried out her role to perfection, she flew silently and at a distance, leading them in the same direction as McCoy. Jayson and Boudicca kept their distance, it would have been unfortunate if the Mudbray's heavy hooves alerted McCoy. Eventually Jayon came to a stop as he arrived at the edge of the classification yard, there were tracks coming in from everywhere but Jayson paid little attention to them. Instead he fixed his attention on McCoy and the worker he was currently conversing with. Atalanta soon joined them as they listened intently, trying to gather as much information from the conversation as they could. It seemed the track had been bent out of shape somehow, Jayson found it quite strange that something like that could go unchecked. McCoy soon left in order to try and find someone to help bend it back into shape but Jayson got the feeling that he wouldn't achieve his goal in time.

He now had the opportunity to help, with McCoy gone it might be possible to convince this bloke that you were sent to help. Pausing for a moment to create a realistic time gap, Jayson rushed from his position with Boudicca and Atalanta following him.

"Hey mate, I just bumped into McCoy, I was on my way over to the main building to get cleared but he saw my Pokemon and sent me this way. He said something about the tracks needing to be bent back into place? I think my Pokemon can do just that." Jayson unhitched a Pokeball from his belt and tossed it out and released a Pokemon by his side. The little round bundle of red quickly came to life, jumping around wildly with no small amount of energy. "Calm down Logi, the situation is an important one", the Darumaka came to a stop and looked at its trainer with a big bright smile. "My name is Jayson, I think I can get Logi here to heat up the track with a Heat Wave and then Boudicca my Mudbray, can kick them into place. The heat should make them more malleable and make the task easier. Atalanta can scout down the track and look for any more signs of damage, you got that girl?" The Rowlet hooted in reply as Jayson looked at the man that McCoy had left in charge of the situation, hopefully the display of confidence would work in Jayson's favour.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:32 AM   #28
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind
 
Schala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Schala: ((Pokémon declared 1/6: Rufflet))

The New Fizz Library stands as imposing as you’d imagined it: a massive building some five-hundred-years old in construction, back when Man knew how to work stone and create magnificent monuments. The Library is a testament to that era, though you suspect it might have served a different purpose at the time of its construction. Resembling a monastery of sorts, it’s sculpted entirely out of white marble, though the pristine coloration dulled overtime and the stone walls are now mostly gray; however, the sculptures of Pokémon deities that line the outside columns and perches remain mostly intact, and are a sight to behold on their own.

As you’d expect, a considerable number of people casually stroll around Knowledge Square, mostly tourists, but very few actually enter the Library itself. In this day and age, it’s exceedingly rare for people to outwardly display an interest in books, you realize – there is simply too much information, readily accessible via a PokéGear’s internet connection, for younger folk to turn to good old written paper.

You resolutely climb the stairs leading to the building’s main gate, a huge heavy door made of solid oak wood, and finally step inside the legendary Library. It’s every bit as grand as you’d anticipated, with enormous bookstands rising in dozens of rows to your left and right; a long crimson tapestry, unadorned and visibly worn but impeccably dusted, extends from the entrance all the way to a desk on the opposite side of the main hall, a long distance away, but common sense dictates you should approach the librarian first and foremost, so it’s literally time to walk the red carpet.

As you go along, Ulysses perched on your shoulder remaining as silent as possible, you begin to look around. For all the magnificence of the place, it feels quite frankly disheartening to see so many empty seats, barely anyone taking time to explore the wonders of this place anymore. In fact, what few people you do manage to spot seem to also be tourists wandering around out of interesting for the building itself rather than its contents, none of them displaying any visible interest in lingering around for too long.
You finally reach the other side of the room, where the librarian’s desk is place. An old but majestic piece of mahogany, each of its four legs shaped after a Noctowl, with dozens of books and papers scattered across the table’s surface. Across it from you sits a minuscule old woman, wearing a pair of heavy-looking glasses with thick lenses, thoroughly immersed in some obviously ancient documents that look like they could crumble at the slightest touch.

After a prolonged moment of deafening silence, in which you wonder if you should break the ice, the woman suddenly speaks up, not diverting her gaze from the papers for a mere second. Her voice, high-pitched and conveying unfeigned annoyance, makes it perfectly clear for you how she feels about being interrupted.

“Yes?!”

Getting closer to the library reveales that the old structure is beautiful as well. Even with only a passing interest in architecture, Schala can appreciate the sculptures perched near the top of the building. With the idle thought of perhaps adding a book about the history of the building (or at least one about the architecture of the city) to her long list, she passes numerous people and heads up the steps proper. She pushes open the heavy wooden doors with a bit of effort, and eagerly heads inside.

The inside of the library lives up the the outside, with a crimson tapestry taking up a huge swath of the area. Most importantly for her, however, is the massive bookshelves filling the interior. Truly a wonderful sight! This is easily the most books she’s ever seen in one place. Compared to the small library in the town she had grown up in (tiny with cramped shelves, unadorned white walls, and drab carpet) this place is like a whole new world.

It is also quite a bit less busy than the bustle outside. Few other people are in the building, and fewer still are browsing the shelves or reading at the interspersed tables. It’s a bit sad to see given how large the library is, and how many people roam the square outside. On the plus side, I’ll be able to read undisturbed. Schala thinks to herself, trying to ignore the pang of upset at seeing the lack of patrons.

Given the size of the place, she elects to speak with someone at the front desk first. While exploring the library and browsing the shelves will be fun to do eventually, she has enough things in mind that asking for help makes more sense for now.

She approaches the desk. It is another beautiful piece of work, like the rest of the building. The disheveled state of the desk does remind her of the small library in her home town, however. Books and papers covering the surface in a mess that one of the librarian back home had insisted was much more organized than it looked. The nostalgia she feels banishes the lingering upset at seeing the mostly deserted interior. Despite the many differences, it seems that some things are universal for libraries.

However, she is hesitant to interrupt the woman pouring over something on the desk. While she can’t read the contents from where she stands, it looks old and fragile. Given the age, there’s a good chance I wouldn’t be able to read the language it is written in even if I was close enough to make it out, she muses. Shifting nervously, she tries to decide whether to speak up or leave the librarian to her work and search out books on her own, when the decision is made for her.

“Yes?!” The sudden exclamation from the woman in front of her makes her jump. She doesn’t sound happy about the intrusion, and doesn’t even look up. At least I didn’t startle her! She thinks, as her heart stops racing.

The trainer pets at Ulysses’ feathers to keep from wringing her hands together, and forces herself to respond. The faster she gets her questions answered, the faster the librarian can get back to whatever she is doing.

“Uh, sorry to bother you! I was just wondering where I could find the Natural Science section?” Remembering her promise to the Rufflet perched quietly on her shoulder, she adds in a rush “Oh, and do you have a military history or tactics section as well?”

(Profile)
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:38 AM   #29
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
Spoiler: show
Kawaii imeadiatly grabbed the berries and ran over to Cassie. She pet the dog-pokemon and fed her one of the berries, "Here this will help. Sorry if you don't like it that much."
The normal-type scarfed down the berry and imeadiatly felt a little better, but still cringed from the poison.
The pinkette looked to Annaliese "Do you have anything to cure poison?" she asked standing up and leading Cassie to where she was standing. She addressed Frieghya "Hang in! Use two more Confusions but if it tries to attack you dodge it." The Espeon nodded and fired another beam out of her jewl.
Lastly the female trainer addressed her Aron "I have an idea so just hang tight." Kawaii took out an empty pokeball she counted the remaining ones "Dang six left." she muttered to herself. Then the pinkette walked up to the Scraggy "Hey, I don't know what your current life is but if you come with me I promise to feed you and teat you like everyone else on my team. I even have some other dark types who would love to train with you. You could even fight for fun and win prizes." She heald out the pokeball with a soft smile on her face.
Erin, meanwhile, looked ready to help Frieghya if Kawaii's idea worked. He hoped it did since he was always ready to welcome new members to the team. The Aron would even personally train the new addition himself as they worked through his problems with aggression.
kawaiiconcept: Now in possession of some berries, your first instinct is to rush to Cassie's side. Holding one out for the Herdier to wolf down, you see that - hard as it is to tell with the poison - she looks a little better than before. At the very least, the dog tests out her limp leg and finds it a bit easier to stand on. Not perfect - the leg buckles after a moment, bringing Cassie down to the ground - but not requiring immediate medical attention. Before returning to the fight, you call out to Annalise for some sort of antidote. Blinking up at you, she stammers a quick "I-I'll check," but otherwise doesn't immediately respond with anything.

You can't waste time, so you leave her for now, instead calling commands to Frieghya. The Espeon nods your way, focusing her forehead jewel for yet another Confusion. As he had each time before, the Buneary clutches his head in agony, the sheer repetition of the mental stimulation having a profound effect. The rabbit staggers back a step, but catches himself from falling over. Huffing in anger, the Buneary responds with a brutal beatdown, taking all his Frustration out on the Espeon. Frieghya cries out under the onslaught, attempting to dodge out of the blow's way with little success; the bunny moved too quick for the Espeon to flee. Eventually the rabbit lets up, more from physical exhaustion than any real desire to stop. Panting herself, Frieghya takes the opportunity to fire one more Confusion. Tired as the Buneary is, by this point he's if not accustomed to at least mindful of the psychic power. Bracing himself mentally, he Endures the attack. He doesn't fall unconscious, but the Buneary really can't take any more hits without some serious mental damage. On the physical side of things, Frieghya doesn't look much better. One lucky hit could swing things either way.

As that fight plays out, you try a risky move. Pulling out a Pokeball, you rush to the Scraggy. You make a heartfelt speech, offering the hoodlum a place on your team. For a long moment, the Scraggy stares at you, his face running the gambit of emotions so quickly you find it hard to catch any for more than the briefest of seconds. At one point, you think you see a glimmer of hope, but that could just have easily been your own desires clouding your judgment. By the end, the Scraggy has shut down, his face a blank mask. Slowly, he reaches out a hand. He reaches towards you, towards the Pokeball you hold out on shaking hand. You wait anxiously as the Scraggy lays his hand down atop the red hemisphere of the ball, picking it up into his own grasp. The Scraggy stares down at the orb in his grip, his mask slipping for a single moment, revealing a look of pure doubt. As he turns his gaze up to you, that doubt disappears, replaced by steely resolve. He takes the Pokeball in one hand...

...and chucks it right at your forehead.

You stumble back at the impact, luckily stepping right out of the way of a follow-up Headbutt from the Scraggy. Erin jumps to your side, ready to attack at your command and finish this battle. Unfortunately, he doesn't get the chance. With a faint pop, an Abra suddenly appears between the Scraggy and you. His eyes are closed, but even then, his glare is so strong you fight to repress a shudder. The Psychic-type grips the Scraggy's shoulder and - cutting off the start of a protest from the Fighting-type - Teleports away.


(Erin gained 1 level!)

With the Scraggy gone, you find yourself with one opponent left: the Buneary. Neither he nor Frieghya will probably last another round, and - her poison growing worse - Cassie won't last much past that. You turn to Annalise, hopeful for some remedy, only to find she's still searching. At this point, the only bright spot is that Erin is ready and raring to go.

In the distance, you hear a van begin to move.

What will you do?

(Declared 3/6: Espeon, Aron, Herdier)


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Spoiler: show
Atalanta had carried out her role to perfection, she flew silently and at a distance, leading them in the same direction as McCoy. Jayson and Boudicca kept their distance, it would have been unfortunate if the Mudbray's heavy hooves alerted McCoy. Eventually Jayon came to a stop as he arrived at the edge of the classification yard, there were tracks coming in from everywhere but Jayson paid little attention to them. Instead he fixed his attention on McCoy and the worker he was currently conversing with. Atalanta soon joined them as they listened intently, trying to gather as much information from the conversation as they could. It seemed the track had been bent out of shape somehow, Jayson found it quite strange that something like that could go unchecked. McCoy soon left in order to try and find someone to help bend it back into shape but Jayson got the feeling that he wouldn't achieve his goal in time.

He now had the opportunity to help, with McCoy gone it might be possible to convince this bloke that you were sent to help. Pausing for a moment to create a realistic time gap, Jayson rushed from his position with Boudicca and Atalanta following him.

"Hey mate, I just bumped into McCoy, I was on my way over to the main building to get cleared but he saw my Pokemon and sent me this way. He said something about the tracks needing to be bent back into place? I think my Pokemon can do just that." Jayson unhitched a Pokeball from his belt and tossed it out and released a Pokemon by his side. The little round bundle of red quickly came to life, jumping around wildly with no small amount of energy. "Calm down Logi, the situation is an important one", the Darumaka came to a stop and looked at its trainer with a big bright smile. "My name is Jayson, I think I can get Logi here to heat up the track with a Heat Wave and then Boudicca my Mudbray, can kick them into place. The heat should make them more malleable and make the task easier. Atalanta can scout down the track and look for any more signs of damage, you got that girl?" The Rowlet hooted in reply as Jayson looked at the man that McCoy had left in charge of the situation, hopefully the display of confidence would work in Jayson's favour.
TheKnightsFury: After a pause to set up your minor charade, you head out to make yourself useful. Approaching the stretch of track, you sell your part with your best facade of confidence, bringing out Logi and explaining your plan. Backed up by your Pokémon, you're hopeful he'll buy it.

Up close, you're able to get a much better look at the man. Like McCoy, he's tall - falling just an inch or two below your own height. He has a tanned complexion, though whether it comes from his heritage or from his work you aren't quite sure, and he too is wearing what seems to be the unofficial uniform of jeans and a non-descript jacket under his safety garb. Arms crossed, the man runs his grey eyes up and down you, pausing for a long moment at the sword on your hip. He doesn't cut you off at any point, but judging from the skeptical expression on his angular face, he's not completely sold. When you finish, he's quiet for a long while, obviously in thought. As the seconds drag on, you feel a touch of nerves, a passing thought wondering if you're about to get run off the yard. Luckily for you, after a few more seconds of thought the man shrugs and uncrosses his arms. He still doesn't look like he really believes you, but far be it from him to turn down someone offering to solve his problems.

"Name's Jim, Jim Kirkland," he introduces himself. "If McCoy thinks your team can help, knock yourself out. Makes my life easier at least."

With his permission given, you nod to your Pokémon, setting the plan in motion. Atalanta immediately takes flight, swooping up into the sky for aerial reconnaissance. The other two ready themselves for their part. Logi breathes in deeply, exhaling out a wave of heated air onto the section of track. Within moments the steel blurs in a haze of heat. It's hard to say if actual flame would do better, but, as the steel track starts to glow faintly, the Heat Wave seems to be doing its job. Soon, it's Boudicca's cue. At the ready, the Mudbray tilts forward, throwing a powerful kick at the tracks behind her. There's a metallic screech as her hooves meet steel, bending the track back but just a bit too far. She gives a whuffle of frustration, trying again with a gentler kick to better success.

It's a long process, straightening the lines to Jim's satisfaction. Other than the occasional "good" or "not yet," he doesn't say anything. He just keeps a pensive expression, eyes flicking back between you and Logi. Eventually, Boudicca and Logi reach the last bend in the track, straightening it with a final kick. Jim looks it over, and you see the corners of his mouth uptick. "Well I'll be damned," he finally says, turning to look at you. His smirk has blossomed into a full grin. "I had my doubts, but you guys actually did it." At his thumbs up, Logi lets up his constant barrage of Heat Waves, slumping to the ground with fatigue. That was far more tiring for the young Darumaka than either of you expected. "Well, this'll need to be checked by the maintenance crew at some point, but for a pinch this'll do nicely-"

Before he can say much more, you both hear a hoot. Atalanta descends from the sky, falling into a circling pattern above your head. She seems troubled. What would you like to do?


(Logi and Boudicca each gain 1 level for their work.)

(Declared 3/6: Rowlet, Mudbray, Darumaka)
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:24 AM   #30
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
TheKnightsFury: After a pause to set up your minor charade, you head out to make yourself useful. Approaching the stretch of track, you sell your part with your best facade of confidence, bringing out Logi and explaining your plan. Backed up by your Pokémon, you're hopeful he'll buy it.

Up close, you're able to get a much better look at the man. Like McCoy, he's tall - falling just an inch or two below your own height. He has a tanned complexion, though whether it comes from his heritage or from his work you aren't quite sure, and he too is wearing what seems to be the unofficial uniform of jeans and a non-descript jacket under his safety garb. Arms crossed, the man runs his grey eyes up and down you, pausing for a long moment at the sword on your hip. He doesn't cut you off at any point, but judging from the skeptical expression on his angular face, he's not completely sold. When you finish, he's quiet for a long while, obviously in thought. As the seconds drag on, you feel a touch of nerves, a passing thought wondering if you're about to get run off the yard. Luckily for you, after a few more seconds of thought the man shrugs and uncrosses his arms. He still doesn't look like he really believes you, but far be it from him to turn down someone offering to solve his problems.

"Name's Jim, Jim Kirkland," he introduces himself. "If McCoy thinks your team can help, knock yourself out. Makes my life easier at least."

With his permission given, you nod to your Pokémon, setting the plan in motion. Atalanta immediately takes flight, swooping up into the sky for aerial reconnaissance. The other two ready themselves for their part. Logi breathes in deeply, exhaling out a wave of heated air onto the section of track. Within moments the steel blurs in a haze of heat. It's hard to say if actual flame would do better, but, as the steel track starts to glow faintly, the Heat Wave seems to be doing its job. Soon, it's Boudicca's cue. At the ready, the Mudbray tilts forward, throwing a powerful kick at the tracks behind her. There's a metallic screech as her hooves meet steel, bending the track back but just a bit too far. She gives a whuffle of frustration, trying again with a gentler kick to better success.

It's a long process, straightening the lines to Jim's satisfaction. Other than the occasional "good" or "not yet," he doesn't say anything. He just keeps a pensive expression, eyes flicking back between you and Logi. Eventually, Boudicca and Logi reach the last bend in the track, straightening it with a final kick. Jim looks it over, and you see the corners of his mouth uptick. "Well I'll be damned," he finally says, turning to look at you. His smirk has blossomed into a full grin. "I had my doubts, but you guys actually did it." At his thumbs up, Logi lets up his constant barrage of Heat Waves, slumping to the ground with fatigue. That was far more tiring for the young Darumaka than either of you expected. "Well, this'll need to be checked by the maintenance crew at some point, but for a pinch this'll do nicely-"

Before he can say much more, you both hear a hoot. Atalanta descends from the sky, falling into a circling pattern above your head. She seems troubled. What would you like to do?


(Logi and Boudicca each gain 1 level for their work.)

(Declared 3/6: Rowlet, Mudbray, Darumaka)
Things were going well as Jim introduced himself and didn't seem to question Jayson's story too much. That was good, if he knew he was acting against McCoy's instructions he would have surely sent Jayson on his way. Logi although young and inexperienced proved more than capable once he put his cheekiness aside and applied himself to the task. His Heat Wave gently heated the rails to a more malleable state before Boudicca did her best to kick them into place. Jayson didn't expect her to succeed straight away, he knew she would struggle to apply the right amount of power but with Jim's somewhat low key instructions she got the job done.

As they finally got the track straightened up, Atalanta returned from her scouting duty and was sporting a worried look on her face. What could it be? Had she found another issue? Or worse, was McCoy on his way back and Atalanta was giving him a heads up? They had to get cleared by the main office at some point but if something happened that he could have prevented, he would a hard time forgiving himself. No, for now they had to continue making sure the yard was safe for use, if McCoy returned and lined him up for disobeying orders than he would let his deeds speak for him.

"Jim if Atalanta is this concerned than I think something is very wrong. We should follow her, my Pokemon can likely help resolve any issue but we will need your professional guidance."
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:14 PM   #31
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
kawaiiconcept: Now in possession of some berries, your first instinct is to rush to Cassie's side. Holding one out for the Herdier to wolf down, you see that - hard as it is to tell with the poison - she looks a little better than before. At the very least, the dog tests out her limp leg and finds it a bit easier to stand on. Not perfect - the leg buckles after a moment, bringing Cassie down to the ground - but not requiring immediate medical attention. Before returning to the fight, you call out to Annalise for some sort of antidote. Blinking up at you, she stammers a quick "I-I'll check," but otherwise doesn't immediately respond with anything.

You can't waste time, so you leave her for now, instead calling commands to Frieghya. The Espeon nods your way, focusing her forehead jewel for yet another Confusion. As he had each time before, the Buneary clutches his head in agony, the sheer repetition of the mental stimulation having a profound effect. The rabbit staggers back a step, but catches himself from falling over. Huffing in anger, the Buneary responds with a brutal beatdown, taking all his Frustration out on the Espeon. Frieghya cries out under the onslaught, attempting to dodge out of the blow's way with little success; the bunny moved too quick for the Espeon to flee. Eventually the rabbit lets up, more from physical exhaustion than any real desire to stop. Panting herself, Frieghya takes the opportunity to fire one more Confusion. Tired as the Buneary is, by this point he's if not accustomed to at least mindful of the psychic power. Bracing himself mentally, he Endures the attack. He doesn't fall unconscious, but the Buneary really can't take any more hits without some serious mental damage. On the physical side of things, Frieghya doesn't look much better. One lucky hit could swing things either way.

As that fight plays out, you try a risky move. Pulling out a Pokeball, you rush to the Scraggy. You make a heartfelt speech, offering the hoodlum a place on your team. For a long moment, the Scraggy stares at you, his face running the gambit of emotions so quickly you find it hard to catch any for more than the briefest of seconds. At one point, you think you see a glimmer of hope, but that could just have easily been your own desires clouding your judgment. By the end, the Scraggy has shut down, his face a blank mask. Slowly, he reaches out a hand. He reaches towards you, towards the Pokeball you hold out on shaking hand. You wait anxiously as the Scraggy lays his hand down atop the red hemisphere of the ball, picking it up into his own grasp. The Scraggy stares down at the orb in his grip, his mask slipping for a single moment, revealing a look of pure doubt. As he turns his gaze up to you, that doubt disappears, replaced by steely resolve. He takes the Pokeball in one hand...

...and chucks it right at your forehead.

You stumble back at the impact, luckily stepping right out of the way of a follow-up Headbutt from the Scraggy. Erin jumps to your side, ready to attack at your command and finish this battle. Unfortunately, he doesn't get the chance. With a faint pop, an Abra suddenly appears between the Scraggy and you. His eyes are closed, but even then, his glare is so strong you fight to repress a shudder. The Psychic-type grips the Scraggy's shoulder and - cutting off the start of a protest from the Fighting-type - Teleports away.


(Erin gained 1 level!)

With the Scraggy gone, you find yourself with one opponent left: the Buneary. Neither he nor Frieghya will probably last another round, and - her poison growing worse - Cassie won't last much past that. You turn to Annalise, hopeful for some remedy, only to find she's still searching. At this point, the only bright spot is that Erin is ready and raring to go.

In the distance, you hear a van begin to move.

What will you do?

(Declared 3/6: Espeon, Aron, Herdier)

Kawaii winced as the ball hit her head. She chuckled to herself, she tried her best, what had she been expecting? The pinkette still refused to just throw pokeballs at pokemon. She wanted her team to be created willingly. Her pokemon chose her as much as she had chosen them. The female trainer shook her head and retrieved the empty pokeball.
Kawaii had to think fast. She immediately recalled Cassie. She hoped that this would prevent her precious puppy from getting worse. The pinkette directed Erin at the Lopbunny, “Use another harden before you charge it with another Headbutt.” The Aron closed his eyes and his shell grew thicker before he hopped up and charged towards the weak Normal-type.
Meanwhile The female trainer was tending to her Espeon. She fed the phsychic-type one of the berries and petting her head and making cooing noises. "Hey," she murmured "Cassie is really sick with poison. Could you use wish on her to remove her status effects?"
Frieghya nodded getting up slowly. Kawaii let her herdier out once again and the Espeon closed her eyes. Her forehead jewl glowed and somwhere a shooting star crossed the sky.
Meanwhile the pinkette turned to her human companion "Do you need any help?" she asked croutching down besides her fellow trainer, "What are you looking for?"
Suddenly she smaked her forehead "I'm so dumb, hang on." she took out another pokeball and released a Woobat. "Go after that Van." the female trainer instructed "Observe only, report back to me once you know where it's going."
The psychic type nodded and took off into the sky. He used his Echo-location to find the van faster than any other method probably would have.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.

Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 06-22-2017 at 01:29 AM.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:13 PM   #32
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
Spoiler: show
Kawaii winced as the ball hit her head. She chuckled to herself, she tried her best, what had she been expecting? The pinkette still refused to just throw pokeballs at pokemon. She wanted her team to be created willingly. Her pokemon chose her as much as she had chosen them. The female trainer shook her head and retrieved the empty pokeball.
Kawaii had to think fast. She immediately recalled Cassie. She hoped that this would prevent her precious puppy from getting worse. The pinkette directed Erin at the Lopbunny, “Use another harden before you charge it with another Headbutt.” The Aron closed his eyes and his shell grew thicker before he hopped up and charged towards the weak Normal-type.
Meanwhile The female trainer was tending to her Espeon. She fed the phsychic-type one of the berries and petting her head and making cooing noises. "Hey," she murmured "Cassie is really sick with poison. Could you use wish on her to remove her status effects?"
Frieghya nodded getting up slowly. Kawaii let her herdier out once again and the Espeon closed her eyes. Her forehead jewl glowed and somwhere a shooting star crossed the sky.
Meanwhile the pinkette turned to her human companion "Do you need any help?" she asked croutching down besides her fellow trainer, "What are you looking for?"
Suddenly she smaked her forehead "I'm so dumb, hang on." she took out another pokeball and released a Woobat. "Go after that Van." the female trainer instructed "Observe only, report back to me once you know where it's going."
The psychic type nodded and took off into the sky. He used his Echo-location to find the van faster than any other method probably would have.
kawaiiconcept: Disheartened, but not particularly surprised at the outcome of your gambit, you throw yourself back into the winding-down battle. Before you do anything else, you pull out your Herdier's Pokeball, recalling her with a bright beam of energy. In stasis, you hope her condition won't worsen, even if it prevents her from getting better.

Now focusing on the only remaining conflict, you make the decision to give Frieghya a break, sending Erin after the rascally rabbit. The Aron turns his gaze inward, hardening his focus and the steel coating his body. Eyes blinking open with a dangerous gleam, Erin lowers his head, charging forward... only for the Buneary to whirl about in a mocking Encore. With his excellent hearing, he easily heard your new combat plans. As the rabbit's harsh clapping ends, Erin finds himself compelled to Harden his armor for the third time instead of carrying out the Headbutt, stumbling over as his eyes grow heavy. With Erin left wide open, the bunny dashes forward, unleashing a flurry of punches and kicks onto the iron armor Pokémon. Between Erin's thrice-hardened armor and natural typing, the attack doesn't do much damage, but it does help lessen the bunny's Frustration.

As this goes on, you rush to Frieghya, feeding her the remaining Sitrus Berry between your coddling. With a gulp, you see the Sitrus take effect, smoothing over the superficial damage across Frieghya's flank. She's still hurt pretty bad, but she's a tough Espeon and with the healing should last a bit longer. Thinking of healing... you make your request of Frieghya. Tired, but equally concerned about her friend, she agrees, slowly rising to her feet. Her forehead gem sparks to life, glowing brightly as the Espeon forms her Wish. Despite the sunny day, one lone shooting star streaks across the sky above you.

Satisfied as you can be, you turn to focus on your next priority. Kneeling by Annalise, you offer your help. Concentrated as she was, she failed to hear you approach. Blinking up at you in surprise, she begins to say, "Oh, I'm just seeing if I had anything useful for you. Without Parker, I don't have any Pokémon-"

She's cut off as you suddenly smack your forehead. Sending out your Woobat, Newt, you tell him to follow the van. He shakes himself out, glad to be free of the Pokeball, and nods, accepting your orders with a little salute. A slight breeze drifts by you as he flaps his wings, propelled up into the sky and after the van, which you see turn a corner at the end of its alley out of your sight. Unless you chase after it and hope against odds to catch up, it’s all up to Newt to find it, if Parker was even in the van to begin with.

As you muse this, you hear the faint pop of a teleport behind you. You whirl about, seeing that darn Abra one last time. Standing between the panting Buneary and Erin, struggling to right himself, the Abra looks right at you and extends one clawed hand in a particularly rude gesture. With his other hand, the Psychic-type grips the Buneary by the ear. Before teleporting again, he hesitates, tilting his head as if considering something. It is quickly apparent what he pondered, as a fierce grin overtakes the teleporter's face. Before you, Annalise, or Frieghya can react, the Abra reaches down to Erin. The Aron's eyes widen with realization, but he can only just manage to stand up when the clawed hand grips his neck. There's another pop of Teleport, and where there once stood three Pokémon contains only air. Understanding what just happened, Annalise lays a hand on your shoulder, sympathy showing on her face.

Things look bad. Erin and Newt are both gone, one by force and one by your command. If he's lucky, Newt might find the van and return, but until he does you're without him. Of those still with you, both Frieghya and Cassie are in rough shape, the latter still under the influence of poison. What's worse, without Newt you have no leads but for the van's description: a generic white thing likely owned by many people in the city. There was only one thing that stood out, the faint depiction of a Mr. Mime tickling the ivories...

What will you do? Will you pursue the van on foot? Will you try to heal your injuries and hope for Newt to prevail? Or will you take some other action? The decision is yours.

(Note: Frieghya does earn a level from what she did in the battle; I just couldn't find a spot to fit it in without faltering the flow of the update. Also, as mentioned, both Erin and Newt are currently unusable at this current moment.)

(Declared 4/6: Espeon, Aron, Herdier, Woobat)


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Spoiler: show
Things were going well as Jim introduced himself and didn't seem to question Jayson's story too much. That was good, if he knew he was acting against McCoy's instructions he would have surely sent Jayson on his way. Logi although young and inexperienced proved more than capable once he put his cheekiness aside and applied himself to the task. His Heat Wave gently heated the rails to a more malleable state before Boudicca did her best to kick them into place. Jayson didn't expect her to succeed straight away, he knew she would struggle to apply the right amount of power but with Jim's somewhat low key instructions she got the job done.

As they finally got the track straightened up, Atalanta returned from her scouting duty and was sporting a worried look on her face. What could it be? Had she found another issue? Or worse, was McCoy on his way back and Atalanta was giving him a heads up? They had to get cleared by the main office at some point but if something happened that he could have prevented, he would a hard time forgiving himself. No, for now they had to continue making sure the yard was safe for use, if McCoy returned and lined him up for disobeying orders than he would let his deeds speak for him.

"Jim if Atalanta is this concerned than I think something is very wrong. We should follow her, my Pokemon can likely help resolve any issue but we will need your professional guidance."
TheKnightsFury: Possible scenarios shoot through your mind as you spy the troubled look of Atalanta. You worry that there's another issue, or that McCoy was already on his way back. The last would be particularly bad, especially if some other problem popped up you could have helped prevent. Debating with yourself, you eventually resolve to carry on. If McCoy does show up, you'll let your good actions speak for themselves. Besides, why ask permission when you can ask forgiveness?

Turning to Jim, you explain your worries about Atalanta's state. Proving that his reticence from earlier was not out of character, Jim quietly ponders your claim. The worker glances down at the tracks, then over to your Pokémon. As he did when Logi worked, his eyes flick up to you, homing in on the sword at your belt. Then, just as quickly, they flick over to Logi, leaning back against one of Boudicca's forelegs in rest. Coming to some kind of decision, he nods once, curtly. "Yeah, let's go check it out, kid. If it's what I'm thinking it might be, you'll be a welcome help."

Motioning you to lead the way, you look up to Atalanta, commanding her to show you what's troubled her. She immediately gives a nod, her unease not really lessening but also not increasing. At the least, you're reassured she's not leading you straight to McCoy. The Rowlet flies silently ahead of you, eye-level with you and slightly higher than for Jim. Together, the group of you begin making your way down the track at a brisk pace, heading towards the junction with the main line. Atalanta leads, with you and Jim following in silence. At your rear, Boudicca has scooped up Logi onto her back, following along at a gentle - thankfully not thunderous - trot.

It doesn't take long before you see what Atalanta had spotted. Shimmering in the sun, you see the movement of steel bodies surrounding another section of track. The crunch of metal on metal pierces through the air, harsh against your ears. Up ahead, four hustling Durant slowly, methodically, dismantle the track. You see the steel bent up in the same manner as the switch you left behind. As before, bitemarks are scattered along the metal, indentations suspiciously matching chunks of steel piled near where the Durant work.

At your side, Jim lets out a curse. "Dammit, it's what I thought. They are spreading down this way." Reaching down to his waist, the railyard worker pulls out a Pokeball, tossing it to reveal a small Swinub. "Quick, Gerrold, send a couple Mud Slaps their way. Scare 'em off!" Turning to look at you, he yells, showing more emotion than you'd seen from the man. "What are you waiting for kid? Help me get rid of these bastards!"

(Declared 3/6: Rowlet, Mudbray, Darumaka)
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:13 PM   #33
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
kawaiiconcept: Disheartened, but not particularly surprised at the outcome of your gambit, you throw yourself back into the winding-down battle. Before you do anything else, you pull out your Herdier's Pokeball, recalling her with a bright beam of energy. In stasis, you hope her condition won't worsen, even if it prevents her from getting better.

Now focusing on the only remaining conflict, you make the decision to give Frieghya a break, sending Erin after the rascally rabbit. The Aron turns his gaze inward, hardening his focus and the steel coating his body. Eyes blinking open with a dangerous gleam, Erin lowers his head, charging forward... only for the Buneary to whirl about in a mocking Encore. With his excellent hearing, he easily heard your new combat plans. As the rabbit's harsh clapping ends, Erin finds himself compelled to Harden his armor for the third time instead of carrying out the Headbutt, stumbling over as his eyes grow heavy. With Erin left wide open, the bunny dashes forward, unleashing a flurry of punches and kicks onto the iron armor Pokémon. Between Erin's thrice-hardened armor and natural typing, the attack doesn't do much damage, but it does help lessen the bunny's Frustration.

As this goes on, you rush to Frieghya, feeding her the remaining Sitrus Berry between your coddling. With a gulp, you see the Sitrus take effect, smoothing over the superficial damage across Frieghya's flank. She's still hurt pretty bad, but she's a tough Espeon and with the healing should last a bit longer. Thinking of healing... you make your request of Frieghya. Tired, but equally concerned about her friend, she agrees, slowly rising to her feet. Her forehead gem sparks to life, glowing brightly as the Espeon forms her Wish. Despite the sunny day, one lone shooting star streaks across the sky above you.

Satisfied as you can be, you turn to focus on your next priority. Kneeling by Annalise, you offer your help. Concentrated as she was, she failed to hear you approach. Blinking up at you in surprise, she begins to say, "Oh, I'm just seeing if I had anything useful for you. Without Parker, I don't have any Pokémon-"

She's cut off as you suddenly smack your forehead. Sending out your Woobat, Newt, you tell him to follow the van. He shakes himself out, glad to be free of the Pokeball, and nods, accepting your orders with a little salute. A slight breeze drifts by you as he flaps his wings, propelled up into the sky and after the van, which you see turn a corner at the end of its alley out of your sight. Unless you chase after it and hope against odds to catch up, it’s all up to Newt to find it, if Parker was even in the van to begin with.

As you muse this, you hear the faint pop of a teleport behind you. You whirl about, seeing that darn Abra one last time. Standing between the panting Buneary and Erin, struggling to right himself, the Abra looks right at you and extends one clawed hand in a particularly rude gesture. With his other hand, the Psychic-type grips the Buneary by the ear. Before teleporting again, he hesitates, tilting his head as if considering something. It is quickly apparent what he pondered, as a fierce grin overtakes the teleporter's face. Before you, Annalise, or Frieghya can react, the Abra reaches down to Erin. The Aron's eyes widen with realization, but he can only just manage to stand up when the clawed hand grips his neck. There's another pop of Teleport, and where there once stood three Pokémon contains only air. Understanding what just happened, Annalise lays a hand on your shoulder, sympathy showing on her face.

Things look bad. Erin and Newt are both gone, one by force and one by your command. If he's lucky, Newt might find the van and return, but until he does you're without him. Of those still with you, both Frieghya and Cassie are in rough shape, the latter still under the influence of poison. What's worse, without Newt you have no leads but for the van's description: a generic white thing likely owned by many people in the city. There was only one thing that stood out, the faint depiction of a Mr. Mime tickling the ivories...

What will you do? Will you pursue the van on foot? Will you try to heal your injuries and hope for Newt to prevail? Or will you take some other action? The decision is yours.

(Note: Frieghya does earn a level from what she did in the battle; I just couldn't find a spot to fit it in without faltering the flow of the update. Also, as mentioned, both Erin and Newt are currently unusable at this current moment.)

(Declared 4/6: Espeon, Aron, Herdier, Woobat)

Kawaii gasped as her Aron disappeared in front of her. "Erin!" she cried out. Something clicked in her head, "Oh my gosh! I know where your Zourua went. If they aren't in that van that just left."
Frieghya took a moment to reflect and rest. She breathed in and out slowly and used her mental prowess to try and refresh her energy. The Espeon hoped that her Herdier friend would get better soon. Frighya knew she had to worry about herself as well but she was always one to worry about other's first.
Cassie was trying to catch her breath as she desperately tried to recover from her poisoning. She dug deep and heard echoed barking. It was all in her head but that did not matter. She saw a vision before her, a Growlith with one green stripe on his head was approaching her. His fur blown in a nonexistent wind. The image of Wolfie nuzzled her. "You can beat this Cassie I believe in you. You can deal with anything life throws at you." He licked her nose gently then curled up next to her. The normal-type felt a warmth in her side and opened her eyes. She hadn't realized that they had been closed. Cassie stood up and gritted her teeth. She sniffed at the air, trying to find the Zourua once more. The Herdier was going to fight through her pain. Her missing mate was right, she was a fighter. The normal type could feel his words reverberate in her chest as she fought her pain.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:24 AM   #34
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
TheKnightsFury: Possible scenarios shoot through your mind as you spy the troubled look of Atalanta. You worry that there's another issue, or that McCoy was already on his way back. The last would be particularly bad, especially if some other problem popped up you could have helped prevent. Debating with yourself, you eventually resolve to carry on. If McCoy does show up, you'll let your good actions speak for themselves. Besides, why ask permission when you can ask forgiveness?

Turning to Jim, you explain your worries about Atalanta's state. Proving that his reticence from earlier was not out of character, Jim quietly ponders your claim. The worker glances down at the tracks, then over to your Pokémon. As he did when Logi worked, his eyes flick up to you, homing in on the sword at your belt. Then, just as quickly, they flick over to Logi, leaning back against one of Boudicca's forelegs in rest. Coming to some kind of decision, he nods once, curtly. "Yeah, let's go check it out, kid. If it's what I'm thinking it might be, you'll be a welcome help."

Motioning you to lead the way, you look up to Atalanta, commanding her to show you what's troubled her. She immediately gives a nod, her unease not really lessening but also not increasing. At the least, you're reassured she's not leading you straight to McCoy. The Rowlet flies silently ahead of you, eye-level with you and slightly higher than for Jim. Together, the group of you begin making your way down the track at a brisk pace, heading towards the junction with the main line. Atalanta leads, with you and Jim following in silence. At your rear, Boudicca has scooped up Logi onto her back, following along at a gentle - thankfully not thunderous - trot.

It doesn't take long before you see what Atalanta had spotted. Shimmering in the sun, you see the movement of steel bodies surrounding another section of track. The crunch of metal on metal pierces through the air, harsh against your ears. Up ahead, four hustling Durant slowly, methodically, dismantle the track. You see the steel bent up in the same manner as the switch you left behind. As before, bitemarks are scattered along the metal, indentations suspiciously matching chunks of steel piled near where the Durant work.

At your side, Jim lets out a curse. "Dammit, it's what I thought. They are spreading down this way." Reaching down to his waist, the railyard worker pulls out a Pokeball, tossing it to reveal a small Swinub. "Quick, Gerrold, send a couple Mud Slaps their way. Scare 'em off!" Turning to look at you, he yells, showing more emotion than you'd seen from the man. "What are you waiting for kid? Help me get rid of these bastards!"

(Declared 3/6: Rowlet, Mudbray, Darumaka)
Jayson was pleased to see that Atalanta wasn't leading him towards McCoy. The Rowlet was still getting used to her scouting duties but she was a natural talent and he trusted her not to do something as foolish as that. Instead she had directed them to a small swarm of Durant that were tearing the track apart with their monstrous mandibles. Jayson was enraged at the sight, both because of the disregard they had for the tracks and because he disliked Durants. This wasn't without a good reason, Jayson could still remember his first experience with the Bug types during his adventure through the Unova region.

It was early in his adventure, he had only just obtained his first Pokemon in the region and it was still rather weak. He was training in a field when suddenly his Pokemon disappeared. While search for his lost Pokemon, Jayson fell into the same trap his Pokemon had. Little did he know, they had been training atop a gigantic Durant nest! They were trapped in the maze of tunnels for days, it took every ounce of strength they had to hold off the Durant and escape with their lives. He had only seen a few Durant since then and every time he had beaten them out of sheer hatred. This time would be no different.

"Thanks for the aid Jim, let's send this lot packing before they do too much damage." Boudicca copy Jim's Swinub, double Mudslap. Logi this fight has you written all over it buddy. Bathe them all in a Heat Wave, don't hold up, give them another Heat Wave. Atalanta, fan Logi's flames with Ominous Winds, push those dastardly Durant away!
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:57 AM   #35
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 285
((Sorry for the delay guys. Can I ask you to keep a link to your profile in your replies, and ideally your Memakyu? Your sig will do fine! It just saves me the trouble of rummaging through threads!))



deoxys:

The elder seems unaware of your presence as you draw near. Upon closer inspection you realize he must be well over eighty, maybe ninety, completely bald and with a white beard so pristine it’s a miracle how he can maintain it as such sitting on the dusty railroads of New Fizz’s outskirts.

It isn’t until you speak up that the man opens his eyes, seemingly pulled away from some sort of meditation by the sound of your voice. If he is in any way irritated, he does not convey it; remaining absolutely motionless, sitting cross-legged on the railway and hands resting on his lap with palms facing upwards, he finally replies, though he does not face you directly as he speaks – his eyes, now opened, stare straight ahead the maze of iron trails and the horizon beyond.

“Trainspotting,” he says summarily, in a low-pitched, somber voice.

He closes his eyes again, but you then notice his eyebrows contorting and rising, as if he suddenly felt something. Like a statue come to life, he turns his head painstakingly slowly and finally stares at you proper, with renewed interest for whatever reason.

“I am waiting for a special train, one that only appears right after dark,” he says in perfect monotone. “I sense that you’re… properly attuned. If you believe in ghosts, sit with me and wait.”

You can’t tell if the man has lost his mind or if there is more to him than meets the eye. You can, however, hear the unmistakable sound of a train approaching in the distance. The elder has just invited you to sit on the railway and wait for whatever comes – a behaviour clearly at odds with the most basic of survival instincts. Will you indulge the man, try talking him out of it, or perhaps walk away entirely in search of something more… sane?




Schala:

Although the old librarian makes no effort to conceal her annoyance at being interrupted, you’re not going to back down from your pursuit just because you got on her bad side: you insist about what subjects you’d be interested in, as well as your partner Rufflet, to which the woman responds by scoffing with disdain after a prolonged moment of dead silence.

“Look at this one,” she mutters under her breath as she ever-so-slowly rises from her chair, “not even able to name a single book. Sure, make the old woman scour all of the giant bookshelves for something that might catch your eye! No, not that one! Hmm, not that one either, no! But maybe the one all the way up theeere, would you? Humpf, as if she’d even finish any one of them….”

She goes on mumbling, clearly confidant that you can’t hear her, but the woman seems to be deaf as a door and even her supposedly private complaints ring loud and clear across the otherwise noiseless library.
She walks around the desk and finally reveals herself in full – the elder stands up to your waist, has impeccably-cut grizzly hair kept at shoulder-length, black-rimmed glasses and a spotless dark blue librarian uniform complete with a yellow écharpe.
She begrudgingly guides you to the left wing of the library, her pace so slow you are forced to think she’s deliberately trying to bore you into changing your mind. The two of you enter a maze of bookshelves that the librarian seems to have traversed a million times before, showing no trace of hesitation despite her snail-like pace. She finally stops in front of a massive shelf similar to all the others, scans it for a minute and finally points upwards with a tiny hand, all the way to the top row of books, inaccessible to either one of you without some stairs.

“There. Natural History. Enjoy.”

She turns around briskly and prepares to return to her desk, retracing her steps three times as fast as before, you can’t help but notice. However, just as she’s about to bend the corner and vanish back into the maze, she stops abruptly and looks to the side, at the wall of the library itself, where you spot a small door of dark-red wood. The librarian hastily walks over to it, makes sure it’s tightly shut, peers over her shoulder like a vigilant crow and quickly disappears back to her precious documents, her precious mahogany desk and her precious silence.

You look back at where the old woman had pointed: a row of at least fifty different books stand perfectly aligned, of varying covers and titles, among which classics like ”Perfecting Darwin – The Oak Theorem”, ”The Lost Isles of Cascadia”, ”Excelsior – Fact or Fiction?” and ”Cloud Garden Throughout the Eras”.

Well… what now, Miss Schala?



morningstar:

Immediately, forcefully, the man takes your Bag from you to confirm your testimony. It isn’t until he scans your Trainer ID thoroughly, alternating between the document and your face several times, that he seems to loosen up a bit.

“Hm. Checks out.”

With a whistle, he calls the Growlithe keeping your partners pinned down back to him, and lowers his gun – though he does not store it away. It is only now that you allow yourself to take a proper look at the man, now that there isn’t a loaded weapon between him and you – the officer must be somewhere in his fifties, and his expression is one of exhaustion, visible even beneath his grizzly beard and obscuring sunglasses. Clearly this whole situation has him on edge, even if he seems to have come to terms with the fact you’re not dangerous – because even if you aren’t, someone else hiding in the area clearly is!

“Sorry about that,” he mumbles in a low tone, clearly unused to apologizing. “Tell your Pokémon to keep their damn heads down and take cover, I won’t be responsible for what happens to them or to you.”

He rises slightly from his cover and prepares to move back out into the open, weapon in wrist, but stops mid-motion before looking back to you.

“A dangerous Pokémon trafficker – man or woman, no idea - came to shore on one of the cargo ships that docked today,” he finally explains. “We got word of it, but by the time we got here, they’d already moved to the Industrial Complex – we believe they intended to continue onwards to the Railyard and catch a train out of town, but the guard stationed here at Bullarum caught them breaking in. They made the man hostage, along with the workers of that canned Finneon factory, some twenty people in total.”

He sighs and brings his fingers to his temples, haunted by a stress migraine.

“We issued an evac order on the rest of the Complex, but now we have to break into that factory and take that criminal down. And as you can see, he or she’s got a one-up on us, sniping from an unknown location as soon as we stick our necks out. For a moment, I thought you were the one we’re after, making a run for it before we arrived – we didn’t expect civilians out in the open. Again… sorry about that.”

He peers over cover, towards the large white warehouse two buildings away from your current location – “Finne-Can”, reads the bright red sign above the front door. The criminal is hiding there, peering through one of the many windows of the two-story building, and he’s got hostages with him…

“Listen girl… I mean, Athena. My name’s Trent Gatt; I’m the Captain in charge of this operation. Keep heading south from here and you’ll reach a blockade – tell the guys there I sent you and they’ll let you through, then get as far away from Bullarum as you can. This is no place for young adventurers right now.”

Well, you have your orders… what will you do?
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 07-08-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:09 PM   #36
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
Spoiler: show
Kawaii gasped as her Aron disappeared in front of her. "Erin!" she cried out. Something clicked in her head, "Oh my gosh! I know where your Zourua went. If they aren't in that van that just left."
Frieghya took a moment to reflect and rest. She breathed in and out slowly and used her mental prowess to try and refresh her energy. The Espeon hoped that her Herdier friend would get better soon. Frighya knew she had to worry about herself as well but she was always one to worry about other's first.
Cassie was trying to catch her breath as she desperately tried to recover from her poisoning. She dug deep and heard echoed barking. It was all in her head but that did not matter. She saw a vision before her, a Growlith with one green stripe on his head was approaching her. His fur blown in a nonexistent wind. The image of Wolfie nuzzled her. "You can beat this Cassie I believe in you. You can deal with anything life throws at you." He licked her nose gently then curled up next to her. The normal-type felt a warmth in her side and opened her eyes. She hadn't realized that they had been closed. Cassie stood up and gritted her teeth. She sniffed at the air, trying to find the Zourua once more. The Herdier was going to fight through her pain. Her missing mate was right, she was a fighter. The normal type could feel his words reverberate in her chest as she fought her pain.
kawaiiconcept: As torn as you are at Erin's disappearance, something seems to click together for you. Turning to Annalise, you exclaim that you know where Parker might have gone, if of course they weren't in the van you hope Newt will track. Surprised at your sudden outburst, a look of tentative hope enters Annalise's eyes, along with a stronger look of confusion. "Really?" she asks. "Where could you think she'd be?"

With your Pokémon, Frieghya takes full advantage of this lull to slump to the ground, centering her mind and taking a short rest to regain some energy. Time will tell if she's successful. At the same moment, Cassie comes out of her Poke ball. Brought down onto her forelegs by the poison rippling through her veins, Cassie feels a warmth spread through her body. As a pale line of a shooting star arcs across the sky, she sees a vision of her love approach her. Soothe her. Reassure her of her own inner strength. A phantom tongue nudges her nose and a wave of otherworldly feeling washes over Cassie. Despite her poison, she feels herself gain a second wind, her superficial injuries numbing to nothing. Still, even the power of a Wish can't outright cure poison, just delay its effects.

Inspired by the words of her mate, Cassie refocuses, sniffing through the air in another attempt to catch Parker's scent. She trudges forward, away from the group, but for a long moment all she can smell is the mingled mess of scents from the impromptu battle. She starts to pick up a hint of what she remembers as Parker's scent, but following it leads right back to where she was earlier; she picked up the same scent trail as before.

What will you do?

(Declared 4/6: Espeon, Aron, Herdier, Woobat)


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Spoiler: show
Jayson was pleased to see that Atalanta wasn't leading him towards McCoy. The Rowlet was still getting used to her scouting duties but she was a natural talent and he trusted her not to do something as foolish as that. Instead she had directed them to a small swarm of Durant that were tearing the track apart with their monstrous mandibles. Jayson was enraged at the sight, both because of the disregard they had for the tracks and because he disliked Durants. This wasn't without a good reason, Jayson could still remember his first experience with the Bug types during his adventure through the Unova region.

It was early in his adventure, he had only just obtained his first Pokemon in the region and it was still rather weak. He was training in a field when suddenly his Pokemon disappeared. While search for his lost Pokemon, Jayson fell into the same trap his Pokemon had. Little did he know, they had been training atop a gigantic Durant nest! They were trapped in the maze of tunnels for days, it took every ounce of strength they had to hold off the Durant and escape with their lives. He had only seen a few Durant since then and every time he had beaten them out of sheer hatred. This time would be no different.

"Thanks for the aid Jim, let's send this lot packing before they do too much damage." Boudicca copy Jim's Swinub, double Mudslap. Logi this fight has you written all over it buddy. Bathe them all in a Heat Wave, don't hold up, give them another Heat Wave. Atalanta, fan Logi's flames with Ominous Winds, push those dastardly Durant away!
TheKnightsFury: At the sight of the armor-coated insects, rage grips you tight. Fueled by a vendetta lasting nearly as long as you'd been adventuring, you are determined to put a stop to these annoying ants here and now.

As you issue your commands, your team springs into action. Boudicca joins Jim's Swinub in charging forward, each Slapping Mud towards the huddle of Durant. At the same instant, Logi - still rather winded from before - breathes in deeply, exhaling out a Wave of Heat. Quickly, Atalanta flaps her wings, lacing a rather Ominous looking Wind into the Heat Wave, propelling it ahead of the duo of Ground-types to the insect quartet.

Minding their own business, the Durant are caught by surprise when two of their own get a face full of mud. More an annoyance than anything, neither seems particularly harmed by the Mud Slap, though they do find the mud disrupts their vision as they move to wipe it away. Unfortunately, that is the moment the Ominous Wind-infused Heat Wave reaches them. You hear the Durant quartet bellow screeches of pain as their metal armors rapidly heat up, the mud from earlier drying out into a hard coat over the two unlucky Durants' eyes.

The foursome angrily chitter in their own language, before the two mud-covered Durant branch off and head vaguely in your and your team's direction. Of the other two, both glowing slightly from the heat, one begins unintelligibly Screeching. The noise grates against your ears, and you see that all your team and Jim's Swinub react similarly, blocking their ears where able, opening themselves for attack. Just as you think the noise is over, the other mud-free Durant grinds his Metal mandibles together, creating a hard Sound that further affects you and your team. The two then return to dismantling the steel rails, more concerned with their task than the attackers.

Under the cover of these distractions, the two blinded Durant rush forward with surprising speed. One Hustles toward Boudicca, his Metal mandibles reaching out like a pair of Claws to swipe at the donkey...

...Unfortunately, between his mad rush and his blinded state, he runs right by Boudicca and rams into the nearby track, bending the steel and flipping himself onto his back. The other Durant Hustles at Jim's Swinub in a similar Metal Claw maneuver, with much better success. Caught unaware from the cacophonous noise, Jim's Swinub howls out as a large gash opens on his left flank, soaking the surrounding fur red.

In retaliation, the Swinub weakly Slaps another paw of Mud across the Durant's face, just barely knocking him backwards and further blinding him. Over by the rails, Boudicca does the same to the unlucky Durant, Slapping Mud across its underbelly. At the same time, Logi and Atalanta set up a second Ominous Wind-Heat Wave combo, Logi wheezing slightly as he exhales. You get the feeling that between this battle and the earlier work, he'll only manage another Heat Wave, maybe two if he really pushes himself. As the wind combo reaches the various Durant, they again screech out as their super-heated armor begins cooking their insides. Also, again, the mud covering the two Durant on the offensive hardens, making their respective conditions that much worse. And if that weren't enough, the poor unfortunate Durant flat out on his back continues to smolder, burned by the Heat Wave. That one just couldn't catch a break.

By you, Jim grits his teeth as his Swinub is injured. "Gerrold," he yells, "back off and get out of range, then unleash a Powder Snow! Freeze their asses!"

At this point, none of your team has a scratch on them thanks to lady luck. What are your orders?

(Declared 3/6: Rowlet, Mudbray, Darumaka)

Last edited by Rotom310; 07-06-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:47 AM   #37
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
TheKnightsFury: At the sight of the armor-coated insects, rage grips you tight. Fueled by a vendetta lasting nearly as long as you'd been adventuring, you are determined to put a stop to these annoying ants here and now.

As you issue your commands, your team springs into action. Boudicca joins Jim's Swinub in charging forward, each Slapping Mud towards the huddle of Durant. At the same instant, Logi - still rather winded from before - breathes in deeply, exhaling out a Wave of Heat. Quickly, Atalanta flaps her wings, lacing a rather Ominous looking Wind into the Heat Wave, propelling it ahead of the duo of Ground-types to the insect quartet.

Minding their own business, the Durant are caught by surprise when two of their own get a face full of mud. More an annoyance than anything, neither seems particularly harmed by the Mud Slap, though they do find the mud disrupts their vision as they move to wipe it away. Unfortunately, that is the moment the Ominous Wind-infused Heat Wave reaches them. You hear the Durant quartet bellow screeches of pain as their metal armors rapidly heat up, the mud from earlier drying out into a hard coat over the two unlucky Durants' eyes.

The foursome angrily chitter in their own language, before the two mud-covered Durant branch off and head vaguely in your and your team's direction. Of the other two, both glowing slightly from the heat, one begins unintelligibly Screeching. The noise grates against your ears, and you see that all your team and Jim's Swinub react similarly, blocking their ears where able, opening themselves for attack. Just as you think the noise is over, the other mud-free Durant grinds his Metal mandibles together, creating a hard Sound that further affects you and your team. The two then return to dismantling the steel rails, more concerned with their task than the attackers.

Under the cover of these distractions, the two blinded Durant rush forward with surprising speed. One Hustles toward Boudicca, his Metal mandibles reaching out like a pair of Claws to swipe at the donkey...

...Unfortunately, between his mad rush and his blinded state, he runs right by Boudicca and rams into the nearby track, bending the steel and flipping himself onto his back. The other Durant Hustles at Jim's Swinub in a similar Metal Claw maneuver, with much better success. Caught unaware from the cacophonous noise, Jim's Swinub howls out as a large gash opens on his left flank, soaking the surrounding fur red.

In retaliation, the Swinub weakly Slaps another paw of Mud across the Durant's face, just barely knocking him backwards and further blinding him. Over by the rails, Boudicca does the same to the unlucky Durant, Slapping Mud across its underbelly. At the same time, Logi and Atalanta set up a second Ominous Wind-Heat Wave combo, Logi wheezing slightly as he exhales. You get the feeling that between this battle and the earlier work, he'll only manage another Heat Wave, maybe two if he really pushes himself. As the wind combo reaches the various Durant, they again screech out as their super-heated armor begins cooking their insides. Also, again, the mud covering the two Durant on the offensive hardens, making their respective conditions that much worse. And if that weren't enough, the poor unfortunate Durant flat out on his back continues to smolder, burned by the Heat Wave. That one just couldn't catch a break.

By you, Jim grits his teeth as his Swinub is injured. "Gerrold," he yells, "back off and get out of range, then unleash a Powder Snow! Freeze their asses!"

At this point, none of your team has a scratch on them thanks to lady luck. What are your orders?

(Declared 3/6: Rowlet, Mudbray, Darumaka)
Things had gone fairly well, Boudicca and Gerrold had lowered the accuracy of the Durant's allowing Logi and Atalanta to combine their power and deal a pair of devastating blows on the dastardly Durants. They surely didn't like the fire, yet Logi was beginning to run out of puff and it wouldn't be long before he began to falter. In all honesty he had been relying on the Darumaka's fire to get them through this fight, without it he feared they would struggle. Luckily Boudicca had more in her arsenal than a Mudslap, she was capable of dealing power blows herself. Seeing Gerrold get sliced open by the Durant was concerning, it seemed their mandibles were sharper than he remembered from his own experiences. The other troubling sight was how intent the Durant were on tearing up the tracks. It seemed odd, why didn't they run when the fight began, that's what he would have expected wild Pokemon to do. Were these Durant perhaps under orders? Was this an attempt at sabotage? Jayson pushed the thought from mind for now, he had to dispose of the Durant before they done more damage to his Pokemon or the tracks.

Jayson swung his backpack off and quickly searched through it, eventually finding the Pokeball he was looking for. Jayson dropped the bag to the ground and tossed the Pokeball out in front of himself, revealing Odysseus the Magnemite. The analytical Magnemite was quick to assess the situation. "Alright Odysseus the team needs your tactical skills. Metal Sound to expose the Durants, then confuse them with a Supersonic. Logi and Atalanta wait for Odysseus to use Metal Sound before combining another Heat Wave and Ominous Wind. Boudicca, keep forcing the Durants back with Earthpower, then follow it up with another Earthpower.
__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 07-06-2017 at 11:09 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:36 PM   #38
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 176
The trainer sprite in my sig goes to my member post, and the sprite below that is my Memakyu! c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post

morningstar:

Immediately, forcefully, the man takes your Bag from you to confirm your testimony. It isn’t until he scans your Trainer ID thoroughly, alternating between the document and your face several times, that he seems to loosen up a bit.

“Hm. Checks out.”

With a whistle, he calls the Growlithe keeping your partners pinned down back to him, and lowers his gun – though he does not store it away. It is only now that you allow yourself to take a proper look at the man, now that there isn’t a loaded weapon between him and you – the officer must be somewhere in his fifties, and his expression is one of exhaustion, visible even beneath his grizzly beard and obscuring sunglasses. Clearly this whole situation has him on edge, even if he seems to have come to terms with the fact you’re not dangerous – because even if you aren’t, someone else hiding in the area clearly is!

“Sorry about that,” he mumbles in a low tone, clearly unused to apologizing. “Tell your Pokémon to keep their damn heads down and take cover, I won’t be responsible for what happens to them or to you.”

He rises slightly from his cover and prepares to move back out into the open, weapon in wrist, but stops mid-motion before looking back to you.

“A dangerous Pokémon trafficker – man or woman, no idea - came to shore on one of the cargo ships that docked today,” he finally explains. “We got word of it, but by the time we got here, they’d already moved to the Industrial Complex – we believe they intended to continue onwards to the Railyard and catch a train out of town, but the guard stationed here at Bullarum caught them breaking in. They made the man hostage, along with the workers of that canned Finneon factory, some twenty people in total.”

He sighs and brings his fingers to his temples, haunted by a stress migraine.

“We issued an evac order on the rest of the Complex, but now we have to break into that factory and take that criminal down. And as you can see, he or she’s got a one-up on us, sniping from an unknown location as soon as we stick our necks out. For a moment, I thought you were the one we’re after, making a run for it before we arrived – we didn’t expect civilians out in the open. Again… sorry about that.”

He peers over cover, towards the large white warehouse two buildings away from your current location – “Finne-Can”, reads the bright red sign above the front door. The criminal is hiding there, peering through one of the many windows of the two-story building, and he’s got hostages with him…

“Listen girl… I mean, Athena. My name’s Trent Gatt; I’m the Captain in charge of this operation. Keep heading south from here and you’ll reach a blockade – tell the guys there I sent you and they’ll let you through, then get as far away from Bullarum as you can. This is no place for young adventurers right now.”

Well, you have your orders… what will you do?


Athena relaxed as the weapon was removed from its position against her head. Her Pokemon scrambled to her side, Eclair letting out an angry hiss at the Growlithe who had been subduing her. She brought Monte into her arms to comfort him, the young Scraggy excited to be reunited with his trainer.

Her eyes widened as the officer told her the situation. Of course she had to find herself here while there was a dangerous criminal on the loose. The word 'hostages' piqued her interest, but she didn't let it show on her face.

"Thank you, sir," Athena said to the police Captain. She took her bag back and slipped the straps over her shoulders, then stood and dusted off her skirt. "I'll do that. Good luck to all of you."

She gave a small wave over her shoulder as she walked away from the officers and their Pokemon. Eclair followed close behind and Monte had climbed into her backpack, his head poking out of the top. Eclair gave Athena a knowing look, and as soon as they were far enough out of sight from the police, they ducked behind a shipping container.

"Hmmm I feel bad doing this but..." Athena said quietly to her Pokemon. She was crouched, looking around the corner of the container at the Finne-Can factory. "It would be boring just to go back, right?" Eclair snickered at her trainer.

"Let's find a way in there," she begin to plan with her Mawile. "Stay low, hide if you need to. And if you see another one of those Poison Stings, knock it away for me, ok?" Eclair nodded in understanding, the Steel-type unafraid of any poison moves they might encounter.
__________________




Last edited by morningstar; 07-06-2017 at 05:58 PM.
morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:32 AM   #39
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 285
morningstar:

Contrary to Captain Gatt’s orders, you decide to take matters into your own hands – after all, a hostage situation being handled by the local authorities as a mission of critical importance is just the kind of thing a young Trainer with a Mawile and Scraggy should get involved in all by herself.

The building is well in sight: the Finne-Can factory, a massive white warehouse of sorts where the criminal is holed up along with some twenty people. If provoked, if negotiations fail or an infiltratrion attempt is thwarted, who knows what the fate of those hostages might be… Still, with a resolute heart, you intend to move forward with your little rogue operation and succeed where the police are so far failing.

Maneuvering around the Bullarum Industrial Complex with care proves a relatively easy task: you move from cover to cover, on the lookout for any projectiles, but none come. It may well be that the criminal’s attention is entirely turned towards the police force outside the building, and since you’ve taken a different route, there’s no way he or she can keep tabs on both fronts at the same time.
After a short while, you’re on the factory’s vicinity, which allows you to survey the warehouse’s structure up close from behind a large crate and plan an infiltration route. You are facing the left wall of the two-story-high building, with Captain Gatt’s forces located near the factory’s front door quite a distance away. The multiple windows lining both floors are easily wide enough to let a person through, but alas, they all seem to be shut; the first-floor windows are slightly out of reach relative to your height, but a boost of some kind could get you high enough to enter, if any of them were open…

You survey your surroundings, looking for alternatives. From your location, you can’t spot any cracks on the wall or accessible air vents. If you turn right, you’ll eventually run back into Gatt facing the front wall; if you head left, you’ll end up reaching the factory’s back wall, but the way there is notoriously lacking in crates, unit load devices or cargo pallets to hide behind on your way there, leaving you relatively exposed while moving about.

It seems getting inside the Finne-Can Factory won’t be without its risks. Glass windows are breakable, but what about the noise? You can try and circumvent the rest of the building, but what about your cover? You can try the front door, but what about Gatt and the criminal’s watchful eyes?
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #40
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
morningstar:

Contrary to Captain Gatt’s orders, you decide to take matters into your own hands – after all, a hostage situation being handled by the local authorities as a mission of critical importance is just the kind of thing a young Trainer with a Mawile and Scraggy should get involved in all by herself.

The building is well in sight: the Finne-Can factory, a massive white warehouse of sorts where the criminal is holed up along with some twenty people. If provoked, if negotiations fail or an infiltratrion attempt is thwarted, who knows what the fate of those hostages might be… Still, with a resolute heart, you intend to move forward with your little rogue operation and succeed where the police are so far failing.

Maneuvering around the Bullarum Industrial Complex with care proves a relatively easy task: you move from cover to cover, on the lookout for any projectiles, but none come. It may well be that the criminal’s attention is entirely turned towards the police force outside the building, and since you’ve taken a different route, there’s no way he or she can keep tabs on both fronts at the same time.
After a short while, you’re on the factory’s vicinity, which allows you to survey the warehouse’s structure up close from behind a large crate and plan an infiltration route. You are facing the left wall of the two-story-high building, with Captain Gatt’s forces located near the factory’s front door quite a distance away. The multiple windows lining both floors are easily wide enough to let a person through, but alas, they all seem to be shut; the first-floor windows are slightly out of reach relative to your height, but a boost of some kind could get you high enough to enter, if any of them were open…

You survey your surroundings, looking for alternatives. From your location, you can’t spot any cracks on the wall or accessible air vents. If you turn right, you’ll eventually run back into Gatt facing the front wall; if you head left, you’ll end up reaching the factory’s back wall, but the way there is notoriously lacking in crates, unit load devices or cargo pallets to hide behind on your way there, leaving you relatively exposed while moving about.

It seems getting inside the Finne-Can Factory won’t be without its risks. Glass windows are breakable, but what about the noise? You can try and circumvent the rest of the building, but what about your cover? You can try the front door, but what about Gatt and the criminal’s watchful eyes?


This was a good idea. Yes, her Pokemon were low level. Yes, she had never done anything remotely like this before. The cops had their own rules to follow in hostage situations. Which she was sure were well thought out and reasonable, but uninteresting and entirely too slow. Athena and her Pokemon were perfectly capable of taking this on their own. Besides, plenty of trainers did this kind of thing. Trainers younger than her in Kalos took down the entire organization of Team Flare and prevented their Pyroar-maned leader from destroying the world. This was much smaller-scale, and definitely doable for a trainer with no gym badges and little battle experience. This wasn’t a bad idea at all.

That’s what Athena told herself as she approached Finne-Can, looking over her shoulder every so often and keeping an eye out for any attacks from above. As she reached the left side of the building, she surveyed her options. Her first thought were the windows, but they looked shut and she wasn’t sure if they would open from the inside. There wasn’t a fire escape or anything that looked climbable on this side of the building, either. She felt her frustration building, but now wasn’t the time to give up.

“Wile…” Eclair urged. Athena needed to make a decision soon before Gatt and the police, or worse the criminal, moved from where they were. This side of the building gave her little options, and she definitely wasn’t going anywhere near the police lest they think she was involved again. Going left seemed like the best decision at this point. Though there were less places to hide, she hoped there was a back door they might be able to get into.
__________________




Last edited by morningstar; 07-11-2017 at 01:14 PM.
morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #41
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
((Sorry for the delay guys. Can I ask you to keep a link to your profile in your replies, and ideally your Memakyu? Your sig will do fine! It just saves me the trouble of rummaging through threads!))

deoxys:

The elder seems unaware of your presence as you draw near. Upon closer inspection you realize he must be well over eighty, maybe ninety, completely bald and with a white beard so pristine it’s a miracle how he can maintain it as such sitting on the dusty railroads of New Fizz’s outskirts.

It isn’t until you speak up that the man opens his eyes, seemingly pulled away from some sort of meditation by the sound of your voice. If he is in any way irritated, he does not convey it; remaining absolutely motionless, sitting cross-legged on the railway and hands resting on his lap with palms facing upwards, he finally replies, though he does not face you directly as he speaks – his eyes, now opened, stare straight ahead the maze of iron trails and the horizon beyond.

“Trainspotting,” he says summarily, in a low-pitched, somber voice.

He closes his eyes again, but you then notice his eyebrows contorting and rising, as if he suddenly felt something. Like a statue come to life, he turns his head painstakingly slowly and finally stares at you proper, with renewed interest for whatever reason.

“I am waiting for a special train, one that only appears right after dark,” he says in perfect monotone. “I sense that you’re… properly attuned. If you believe in ghosts, sit with me and wait.”

You can’t tell if the man has lost his mind or if there is more to him than meets the eye. You can, however, hear the unmistakable sound of a train approaching in the distance. The elder has just invited you to sit on the railway and wait for whatever comes – a behaviour clearly at odds with the most basic of survival instincts. Will you indulge the man, try talking him out of it, or perhaps walk away entirely in search of something more… sane?

Hiero wasn't entirely sure how to immediately react to the situation. Here was a man who was sitting on railroad tracks, "trainspotting", almost as though he had done this before. The man had finally faced Hiero and... invited him to sit on the train tracks with him.

A normal individual would have thought the man insane, or perhaps displaying early signs of dementia. Hell, some might have even assumed the man to be a ghost himself.

"I sense that you're... properly attuned."

Hiero remained silent. He had known for a while now that he was, as the man said, "properly attuned" - something he had kept to himself - though perhaps his love of ghost-type Pokemon had made it somewhat obvious to an outsider looking in. However, it hadn't been since he had stayed with the monks in Northern Sinnoh that others had recognized this within him. Despite having had this "ability" for years, it still wasn't something he personally completely understood, and more often than not, it seemed as though the others who could sense it within him had a better understanding of it than he did. Aside from the monks, his Pokemon were the only other ones who knew that fully awakening, understanding, and mastering this... "power", for lack of a better term, was, in fact, an important part of Hiero's journey as a Pokemon Trainer.

The old man continued to stare at Hiero, the sound of a train approaching in the distance. Yes - a normal individual would have thought the man to be insane, but deep within Hiero, he could sense it within him as well: this was not an ordinary man.

He recalled his Phanpy, Izuku, into his Pokeball with a deadpan look on his face. He wasn't entirely sure if this was the right decision - logic dictated that it wasn't - but he could feel something. This... it felt right. Hiero understood the man. This was not a joke, nor was he insane. He took a deep breath, walked beside the man, and sat next to him on the track cross-legged, his palms open and face up in his lap, mimicking the man's pose. He exhaled. He didn't know what as about to happen, but he knew deep within himself that this was the right answer.
__________________





MAL (updated frequently) - Fizzy Bubbles - tumblr

avatar credit: neverthrive


deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:07 PM   #42
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 285
deoxys:

There are a select few moments in life when words like “reason”, “logic” or “sense” become empty, nothing but hollow shells of inconsequential rational thought – because these moments cannot be explained, only felt. Whoever, or whatever, that man truly was, there was something about the absolute certainty of his speech that made following his instructions feel not just compelling, but right. And, as such, you took a seat.

“You hear it too?” the elder inquires, cracking the faintest of smiles. “Few others in this world can. I was right about you.”

And with that, he falls into a deep silence, eyes closed, as if asleep. The minutes that follow would have been the most mind-boggingly boring of your life, were it not for the fact that you continue to cling on to that strange sense of a greater purpose. As such, you bear the uneventful silence, pierced only by the ever-rising noise of an incoming locomotive in the distance.

After a short while, the sun finally sets in the horizon, but despite the skies being clear, what’s left behind isn’t the usual orange tone of dusk; instead, as soon the bright disk vanishes from sight, the atmosphere grows abnormally heavy and the starless sky is tinted dark violet. The man, somewhat as expected, does not seem in any way alarmed, but the strange sequence of events does cause him to finally speak up again.

“We are in their realm now,” he declares with a hint of solemnity in his otherwise monotone voice. “It approaches.”

Indeed it does – moving along the rails at alarming speed is a large, seven-car train, pulled by the strangest locomotive you’ve ever seen: made of pitch-black metal with blood-red stripes running along the body, with a large skull carved at the front, smoke escaping its open maw, it’s truly a vision as impressive as it is terrifying. And although the elder has remained immobile and unfazed the whole time, it seems this particular train has also peaked his interest, as you sense genuine surprise in his words for the first time as he speaks again.

“This… this one…” he stammers briefly, before peering over his shoulder to face you. “Listen boy, close your eyes and focus! You must memorize everything you are about to see!”

Wheels shrieking loudly as they spin madly atop the rails, sparks escaping the heating metal as it approaches, the demonic train’s appearance and noise – coupled with the eeriest sunset you’ve ever seen – would cause just about anyone else to flee in panic… but not you. True to your convictions, you stay put, but as any human – normal or otherwise – would do, you can’t help but close your eyes and brace yourself for impact as the black-and-red steam engine is about to hit. Everything goes dark, until….


An amalgam of images flashes before your eyes in quick succession, dizzyingly fast, over and over again, each lasting but a fraction of a second before the next one comes. The scene is so rapidly shifting that you begin to feel nauseated and your head hurts like a hundred needles stabbed it from the inside; air escapes your lungs, refusing to enter them, and your heart rate is through the roof. It’s a miracle that you don’t pass out… but after a mere minute that feels like an eternity, everything comes to a sudden halt. Nothing but darkness once more, and the old man’s voice echoing in the distance.

“… hear me? Boy, are you alright?”

You begin to regain focus, your body readjusting from the otherworldly experience; you realize you are drenched in sweat. When you finally open your eyes, you realize you are still sitting on the train tracks with the elder directly in front of you. The sky is still purple.

“Good, you endured,” the elder sighed. “Now quickly, you must tell me everything you can remember. What did you see, and what do you think it means?”

Confused, you look behind you to see the railroad stretch for miles and miles, scarce dry vegetation on each side, but no ghost train in sight. Now if only you were capable of recalling everything you saw after the imminent collision…




morningstar:

All things considered, you are still absolutely determined to make your way inside the factory – even if it makes taking an unsafe route to get there. To that effect, you reason that the best approach is to take a gamble and go around the building, hoping that the back wall would be breachable.

You step out of cover and carefully make your way towards the white wall, clinging to it as sneakily as you can to avoid drawing the criminal’s attention. After all, that’s about all you can do as far as self-preservation goes, since the scarcity of other cover locations makes it almost impossible to move around undetected. Fortunately, Gatt and his men seem to be doing a damn fine job at drawing attention to themselves, even if inadvertently, and you make your way around the building’s outskirts unopposed.

Once you turn the corner, you realize the back wall is pretty much the same as the side one – white, full of windows – all of them shut, none of them reachable… No, one of them is actually half-open! There might, therefore, be hope if you’re feeling adventurous: a number of cracked, moldy looking crates are lined up against this wall, and could provide sufficient height if piled up – provided they are still sturdy enough to withstand a human’s weight, which is a big “if”. Also nearby is a small yellow fork lift truck, which could be an alternative if anyone can figure out how it works. All in all, there are options to reach those windows, but which one will you choose, if any? And what will await you inside if you make it?...
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #43
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post

morningstar:

All things considered, you are still absolutely determined to make your way inside the factory – even if it makes taking an unsafe route to get there. To that effect, you reason that the best approach is to take a gamble and go around the building, hoping that the back wall would be breachable.

You step out of cover and carefully make your way towards the white wall, clinging to it as sneakily as you can to avoid drawing the criminal’s attention. After all, that’s about all you can do as far as self-preservation goes, since the scarcity of other cover locations makes it almost impossible to move around undetected. Fortunately, Gatt and his men seem to be doing a damn fine job at drawing attention to themselves, even if inadvertently, and you make your way around the building’s outskirts unopposed.

Once you turn the corner, you realize the back wall is pretty much the same as the side one – white, full of windows – all of them shut, none of them reachable… No, one of them is actually half-open! There might, therefore, be hope if you’re feeling adventurous: a number of cracked, moldy looking crates are lined up against this wall, and could provide sufficient height if piled up – provided they are still sturdy enough to withstand a human’s weight, which is a big “if”. Also nearby is a small yellow fork lift truck, which could be an alternative if anyone can figure out how it works. All in all, there are options to reach those windows, but which one will you choose, if any? And what will await you inside if you make it?...



Athena breathed a sigh of relief as she spotted the open window. She made her way over to it, trying to peer inside by standing on tiptoe. She wasn’t able to climb through from the ground, but this was definitely her best chance at getting inside the building.

She took a look over the nearby crates, and they did look moveable. First, she thought to check if she would be able to move them at all, and grabbed a fairly good size crate.

“Eugh…” Athena recoiled when her hand touched a patch of mold growing on the boxes. They were at a cannery, but did everything really have to smell like fish? She dusted off her hands, and took a look around at any other possible options. The bright yellow forklift caught her eye, a tool placed for the convenience of moving the crates of the cannery around. Athena hesitated to approach the vehicle. She could barely ride a bike, could she really control this thing? Not to mention the noise it might make if she accidentally rammed it into something.

“Maw” Éclair called in a loud whisper. Athena drew her attention to her Mawile, who had begun climbing up one of the crates. Realizing her Pokemon’s intention, Athena nodded in agreement.

“Good idea ‘Clair” She murmured. Éclair was much lighter than her, and these old crates could probably hold her weight. “Help me move a couple crates, and then you make your way inside, ok? Maybe you can find some way to let me in…” Athena bit her lip in worry, hoping her plan would work. She didn’t want to separate herself from Éclair for too long. In fact, if she didn’t hear from her after too long, she might just try to climb the crates herself and go after her.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:56 AM   #44
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 285
Kyuu-Tales:

Your ability to get lost on foreign territory is quite possibly unparalleled. Though, in your defense, New Fizz and its outskirts are far from easy to move around. Somehow, after crossing the railyard and wondering for no small amount of time, you wind up in a sprawling, if lifeless-looking, industrial complex not unlike the ones in Unova: this is Bullarum, the industrial heart of New Fizz City. Factories are scattered everywhere, each with its own specialty production, as are a number of storage-purpose warehouses of varying sizes. More importantly, everything looks... empty.

Perhaps that is for the best, however. You've been walking for quite a long time now, it is getting dark and the atmosphere of the place is making you strangely uneasy. You decide the best course of action is to take shelter inside one of the nearby buildings, and resume your way towards the City per se whenn you're rested up and the sun is shining once more. With that in mind, you enter the very first warehouse whose door isn't locked shut, a relatively small gray building, merely one-story-high, in dire need of a paint job. The entrance door requires only a slight push to swing open with a screeching noise.

Once you step inside, you immediately notice a considerable drop in temperature, which is unfortunate for one seeking shelter from the cold of the night. The room itself is small, and more intrestingly, thoroughly and completely empty. A warehouse that houses nothing?...

The lack of anything worth inspecting makes it easy for you to decide the next step - the only thing remotely meriting attention is a moldy wooden door on the far wall of the cubicle, once painted white but its color mostly corroded by age and humidity. It takes but the gentlest of nudges to open it, much like the front door had; beyond it is a staircase leading downwards - underground, effectively - with ice-cold mist growing in intensity the further down the steps go.

It falls on you to decide whether you're properly equipped to handle the environment in the depths of the warehouse, or if you'd prefer to turn back and seek shelter elsewhere - knowing that the night ahead is going to be long, and dark, and with a variable amount of terrors.



morningstar:

Either choice to secure a route sounds complicated, but breach the factory you must, and breach it you will - or, more precisely, Éclair will. After properly evaluating your options, relying on a solo effort from your smaller, light companion seems to be the best choice, even if it means temporary separation.

Filled with determination, your Mawile nimbly climbs the moldy crates, which squeak precariously under her every step, but mercifully do not crumble under her weight; when she reaches the top of the pile, one last skillful jump sees her reach the open window, just barely hanging on to the edge, then pull herself up and pass through it as she throws you one final wink before vanishing from sight.

With that, only you and Monte remain outside, and all you can seemingly do is wait for Éclair to manage something from the inside to allow you to rejoin her. However, after five minutes of uncomfortable silence and no small amount of tension, nothing seems to happen; if the mawile is currently attempting something, you can neiter see nor hear her. And then, ten minutes pass, still with no signs of your partner, not a single cue.

Understandably, you begin to grow restless; you've just sent your precious companion on a one-mon mission against a dangerous criminal, and now there is no trace of Éclair whatsoever. Did something happen to her?!

Fortunately, Monte seems to share your concerns, and acting independently - as if moved by a hidden passion you never knew he had -, he throws consecutive Drain Punches along the outer wall, leaving behind dents on the concrete that allow you both of you to climb. With each dent he makes, he steps on it and further rise along the wall, creating progressively higher cracks on the surface as he makes his way up, allowing you to follow behind him. When he finally makes it up the window, he is visibly exhausted, but thanks to his effort, you can now try and find Éclair inside the factory. One can only hope the repeated blows to the wall didn't alarm anyone inside...

Your fingers hurt considerably by the time you finish your own climb. Fortunately, the wall is wide enough for you to pass through, and you wind up on an elevated metal walkway just beyond it, narrow and stretching all around the building's perimeter. It is considerably dark inside, only a fraction of sunlight permeating the walkway from the windows all around the facility, but the visibility is still enough for you to make your way around and search for a way down to ground level. Until...

"Ssssssssss...."

A low-pitched hiss makes you freeze in place and look over your shoulder. Just to your left, you find Éclair completely wrapped in vines, trapped and blindfolded by them, with a tiny green snake peering from behind with a dead-serious look on its face...
it's an angry-looking Snivy!

What will you do now?!
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 07-15-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:34 PM   #45
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
deoxys:

There are a select few moments in life when words like “reason”, “logic” or “sense” become empty, nothing but hollow shells of inconsequential rational thought – because these moments cannot be explained, only felt. Whoever, or whatever, that man truly was, there was something about the absolute certainty of his speech that made following his instructions feel not just compelling, but right. And, as such, you took a seat.

“You hear it too?” the elder inquires, cracking the faintest of smiles. “Few others in this world can. I was right about you.”

And with that, he falls into a deep silence, eyes closed, as if asleep. The minutes that follow would have been the most mind-boggingly boring of your life, were it not for the fact that you continue to cling on to that strange sense of a greater purpose. As such, you bear the uneventful silence, pierced only by the ever-rising noise of an incoming locomotive in the distance.

After a short while, the sun finally sets in the horizon, but despite the skies being clear, what’s left behind isn’t the usual orange tone of dusk; instead, as soon the bright disk vanishes from sight, the atmosphere grows abnormally heavy and the starless sky is tinted dark violet. The man, somewhat as expected, does not seem in any way alarmed, but the strange sequence of events does cause him to finally speak up again.

“We are in their realm now,” he declares with a hint of solemnity in his otherwise monotone voice. “It approaches.”

Indeed it does – moving along the rails at alarming speed is a large, seven-car train, pulled by the strangest locomotive you’ve ever seen: made of pitch-black metal with blood-red stripes running along the body, with a large skull carved at the front, smoke escaping its open maw, it’s truly a vision as impressive as it is terrifying. And although the elder has remained immobile and unfazed the whole time, it seems this particular train has also peaked his interest, as you sense genuine surprise in his words for the first time as he speaks again.

“This… this one…” he stammers briefly, before peering over his shoulder to face you. “Listen boy, close your eyes and focus! You must memorize everything you are about to see!”

Wheels shrieking loudly as they spin madly atop the rails, sparks escaping the heating metal as it approaches, the demonic train’s appearance and noise – coupled with the eeriest sunset you’ve ever seen – would cause just about anyone else to flee in panic… but not you. True to your convictions, you stay put, but as any human – normal or otherwise – would do, you can’t help but close your eyes and brace yourself for impact as the black-and-red steam engine is about to hit. Everything goes dark, until….


An amalgam of images flashes before your eyes in quick succession, dizzyingly fast, over and over again, each lasting but a fraction of a second before the next one comes. The scene is so rapidly shifting that you begin to feel nauseated and your head hurts like a hundred needles stabbed it from the inside; air escapes your lungs, refusing to enter them, and your heart rate is through the roof. It’s a miracle that you don’t pass out… but after a mere minute that feels like an eternity, everything comes to a sudden halt. Nothing but darkness once more, and the old man’s voice echoing in the distance.

“… hear me? Boy, are you alright?”

You begin to regain focus, your body readjusting from the otherworldly experience; you realize you are drenched in sweat. When you finally open your eyes, you realize you are still sitting on the train tracks with the elder directly in front of you. The sky is still purple.

“Good, you endured,” the elder sighed. “Now quickly, you must tell me everything you can remember. What did you see, and what do you think it means?”

Confused, you look behind you to see the railroad stretch for miles and miles, scarce dry vegetation on each side, but no ghost train in sight. Now if only you were capable of recalling everything you saw after the imminent collision…

Hiero was shaking, and his shirt stuck to his torso from sweating profusely. He hyperventilated and grabbed his face, unsure of exactly what had just happened. It seemed as though being "hit" by that train - that... ghost train, or demon train, or whatever it was - it didn't seem to have physically affected him, but mentally, he had not been as prepared for what had unraveled as he should have been.

"I'm... yeah, I'm alright," Hiero said, running his hand through his hair while inhaling and exhaling slowly. "I'm alright."

“Good, you endured,” the elder sighed. “Now quickly, you must tell me everything you can remember. What did you see, and what do you think it means?”

Hiero looked around, trying to recall all of the images that he had seen during the experience. There were too many to count, but several stuck out to him in particular. Whatever that ghost train was, though, it was gone. Probably.

Hiero sighed. "After the train hit me... I saw train tracks extending as far as the eye could see, with dead trees lining each side of the tracks... sort of like right now, except not as scarce. The next thing I remember... was more train tracks, and a full moon above it, trees and plants on each side. Then, night became day, and the tracks remained, surrounded by lush forest and fog in the distance. And then... I saw a tunnel going into a mountainside, hidden behind a blanket of fog... and then I was inside of the tunnel, and there were large icicles forming on the ceiling. And then..." Hiero stopped for a moment, puzzled at how to describe the last thing he saw. The old man looked at him, hungry for more information.

"And then... I don't quite know how to describe it. It was a massive structure... absolutely huge. It seemed quiet, maybe even abandoned. It was almost like some kind of... dilapidated, underground ruins, like a fortress, or maybe even a city... I don't know how else to describe it." Hiero turned to the old man and looked him right in the eyes. "I can't help but feel like they were directions. I think I need to go there - or perhaps we need to go there. I don't know what I'll find, but I'm certain that that is what I saw."


deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:30 AM   #46
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post

morningstar:

Either choice to secure a route sounds complicated, but breach the factory you must, and breach it you will - or, more precisely, Éclair will. After properly evaluating your options, relying on a solo effort from your smaller, light companion seems to be the best choice, even if it means temporary separation.

Filled with determination, your Mawile nimbly climbs the moldy crates, which squeak precariously under her every step, but mercifully do not crumble under her weight; when she reaches the top of the pile, one last skillful jump sees her reach the open window, just barely hanging on to the edge, then pull herself up and pass through it as she throws you one final wink before vanishing from sight.

With that, only you and Monte remain outside, and all you can seemingly do is wait for Éclair to manage something from the inside to allow you to rejoin her. However, after five minutes of uncomfortable silence and no small amount of tension, nothing seems to happen; if the mawile is currently attempting something, you can neiter see nor hear her. And then, ten minutes pass, still with no signs of your partner, not a single cue.

Understandably, you begin to grow restless; you've just sent your precious companion on a one-mon mission against a dangerous criminal, and now there is no trace of Éclair whatsoever. Did something happen to her?!

Fortunately, Monte seems to share your concerns, and acting independently - as if moved by a hidden passion you never knew he had -, he throws consecutive Drain Punches along the outer wall, leaving behind dents on the concrete that allow you both of you to climb. With each dent he makes, he steps on it and further rise along the wall, creating progressively higher cracks on the surface as he makes his way up, allowing you to follow behind him. When he finally makes it up the window, he is visibly exhausted, but thanks to his effort, you can now try and find Éclair inside the factory. One can only hope the repeated blows to the wall didn't alarm anyone inside...

Your fingers hurt considerably by the time you finish your own climb. Fortunately, the wall is wide enough for you to pass through, and you wind up on an elevated metal walkway just beyond it, narrow and stretching all around the building's perimeter. It is considerably dark inside, only a fraction of sunlight permeating the walkway from the windows all around the facility, but the visibility is still enough for you to make your way around and search for a way down to ground level. Until...

"Ssssssssss...."

A low-pitched hiss makes you freeze in place and look over your shoulder. Just to your left, you find Éclair completely wrapped in vines, trapped and blindfolded by them, with a tiny green snake peering from behind with a dead-serious look on its face...
it's an angry-looking Snivy!

What will you do now?!


Athena chewed nervously at a hangnail, a habit she found hard to break. She leaned against the wall, taking Monte out of her backpack and holding him for comfort.

"She's fine, Monte, we don't need to worry," Athena told him, though Scraggy's face showed no sign of worry at all. She attempted to look through the window every minute or so, hoping desperately for a sign of her trusted starter. It was quiet, nothing more than the sound of the harbor's gentle waves. The trainer pulled out her phone to check the time, the keychains attached jingling. Though she wasn't sure what time Eclair had gone in, it had definitely been too long. Athena felt irresponsible, how could she let Eclair go in without a way of even contacting her.

Monte wriggled out of her arms and jumped to the ground. Athena, confused, watched as the yellow lizard Pokemon reeled up for a Punch. She jumped forward to stop him, worried he was taking out some kind of frustration on the building. His arm slipped through her grasp and made contact with the wall, making a surprisingly large dent.

"Scraggy!" Monte proclaimed. Athena shushed him, worried that they would draw too much attention. The Scraggy shook his head and readied himself to punch again, higher up on the wall this time.

"Monte stop! You'll hurt yourself." Athena whispered sternly as she dug in her bag to retrieve his Pokeball. She worried he had been traumatized by their encounter with the police, and was now acting out because of it. Monte continued to create dents in the wall with strong punches, then nimbly scaling the wall. He looked back at his trainer frequently, who didn't seem to be understanding that he was helping. He made his way to the window, beckoning Athena to follow. Athena placed a foot precariously on one of the dents, and when it seemed to support her weight, she pulled herself up onto the wall. Somehow, she made her way to the top, shaking a bit with exhaustion. She lowered herself from the window onto a metal walkway, joining the waiting Monte.

"Thanks Monte..." Athena said a bit sheepishly. Scraggy simply grinned. He was low level and young, but she knew he was still a Pokemon with unimaginable potential. The two of them made their way across the walkway, trying to make their footsteps as quiet as possible. A loud, hissing noise caught Athena's attention. She whipped around to see a mess of vines, and Eclair caught right in the middle of them.

"Eclair!" She gasped, a bit too loudly. The Mawile, though unable to see her trainer, seemed relieved at the sound of Athena's voice. She struggled as the vines around her tightened. A small green and yellow Pokemon looked from behind the vines, revealing itself as the one in control of the attack. Monte stepped defensively in front of his trainer his tiny hand once again curled into a fist.

"Monte..." Athena couldn't help but feel overwhelmingly proud at her Pokemon's bravery. She had no doubt they could work together to free Eclair. "Let's do this! Go after that Snivy with a Drain Punch, and trip it up with a Low Kick!" She tried her best to keep it down, but excitement rose in her voice. A Pokemon battle! She was beginning to feel more and more like an actual trainer.

"Eclair, we'll get you out of there..." Though her instinct was to start tearing at the vines herself, she was afraid to get too close to her Mawile, lest the Snivy's vines grab her too. This was best left to her Pokemon. As Eclair continued to struggle, she had an idea. "If you can, a Taunt would help too!"
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:50 PM   #47
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 285
deoxys:

The elder listens intently, eyes closed as he does. You tell him all that you saw, and how you believe it may convey a path to some strange structure in the depths of the earth. When you're done, he finally gets up from the rails, dusts off his clothes and smiles.

"Incredible," he replies with a faint voice. "For over ten years I've sat on these rails, every single day, facing the trains as they come. And for ten years, all they've shown me was the destination, but never the path..."

He walks over to you places a hand on your shoulder.

"But you came and saw everything on your first attempt. I was wrong, it seemed... you're much more than properly attuned."

It took a literal paranormal phenomenon, but it seems the rendez-vous with the black and red train was enough to finally get the somber old man to open up. Visibly moved by your ability to piece everything together when he'd been failing for a decade, he now seems much more inclined to talk than he's been up to this point.

"I owe you an explanation," he confesses. "When you agreed to sit on the rails with me, you entered a realm I cannot escape. This world you see - the purple sky, the demon train - is only visible by the two of us. We are trapped in a Never-Ending Nightmare, one I am responsible for..."

He passes you by, walking the rails in the same direction the train had just passed. Tired eyes following the metal tracks, he continued after a moment to collect his thoughts.

"My name is Dagon. However old you think I am, I assure you I'm older. Eons ago, I was someone... important. Someone powerful. I was royalty... But I was still human, and I had human weaknesses. One such weakness was the fear of solitude, of death - and when my aging Incineroar passed away, my one true companion, I... made a deal with the devil."

Again he is forced to stop, emotions overwhelming him briefly before he regains his composure.

"I prayed to Giratina, and It heard my pleas. It came to me in a dream, and offered to return Incineroar. At the peak of my influence, believing myself capable of paying whatever It demanded, I immediately accepted. I was overwhelmed by loneliness, and Giratina preyed on my despair. I rushed into forging a contract with the God of Abyss... you might imagine how that turned out for me. What was once my Incineroar was indeed reborn, but as an unrecognizable demon servant of the Phantom Dragon; to him, or what's left of him, I am not even a fleeting memory. And as for me, I was cursed to walk this Dimension as long as my old partner lives... which is why Giratina revived it into a Ghost that cannot die."

He peers over his shoulder, looking at you.

"For centuries I've tried to dissolve that contract. To escape this Nightmare. Ten years ago I discovered this particular railway, traversed by machines of the underworld, and I knew I was finally on the right path. But my mind is weak and old; the road was never revealed to me. With you here, I can finally put an end to all this, but..." he hesitates briefly, torn between dragging you in further and putting you in danger. "Ultimately, we are opposing a God. This is not your struggle. I might still be able to return you to the real world, before the Nightmare's grip on you is too powerful; all you have to do is ask."



morningstar:

The sight of Éclair trapped in the vines of this unexpected enemy gets your blood boiling, itching to set things right - you will not stand by idly as your friend is bound and restrained without provocation!

Immediately, Monte rushed to follow your instructions, energy gathering in his mangled fists once more. However, the young Scraggy is still very much exhausted from the earlier climbing and the consecutive punches he threw against the rock wall, and without having been healed, you notice his movements are more sluggish than usual -
even keeping his shed skin "pants" up is getting in the way as he approaches the Snivy.

As he finally gets within range, he tries to hurl a Drain Punch, but Snivy merely leaps nimbly out of the way, taking full advantage of its superior speed and Monte's tiredness. It keeps its eyes firmly locked on the attacker, studying its movements with a cunning mostly unusual of a wild Pokémon. The vibe it sends is one of cold, ruthless efficiency, with no wated movements as it once more dodges Monte's kick attempt. Evidently this Snivy vastly out-levels your Fighting-Type companion, but for some reason, it does not fight back with a single attack of its own... what's going on here?

As Monte prepares to Taunt Snivy into attacking - something that you're starting to wonder might turn really bad for you, considering the obvious difference in power -, the Scraggy flinches for some strange motive... until you realize he's frozen in fear by Snivy's Glare! That move is rarely accessible to wild Snivy, as you recall - either it was born knowing it from its genetic heritage, or someone taught it the technique at some point.

Clearly the Snivy is stalling for time, despite appearing much stronger than Monte. Are you missing something here? Why won't it fight back? What are its true intentions?...
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:42 AM   #48
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post

morningstar:

The sight of Éclair trapped in the vines of this unexpected enemy gets your blood boiling, itching to set things right - you will not stand by idly as your friend is bound and restrained without provocation!

Immediately, Monte rushed to follow your instructions, energy gathering in his mangled fists once more. However, the young Scraggy is still very much exhausted from the earlier climbing and the consecutive punches he threw against the rock wall, and without having been healed, you notice his movements are more sluggish than usual -
even keeping his shed skin "pants" up is getting in the way as he approaches the Snivy.

As he finally gets within range, he tries to hurl a Drain Punch, but Snivy merely leaps nimbly out of the way, taking full advantage of its superior speed and Monte's tiredness. It keeps its eyes firmly locked on the attacker, studying its movements with a cunning mostly unusual of a wild Pokémon. The vibe it sends is one of cold, ruthless efficiency, with no wated movements as it once more dodges Monte's kick attempt. Evidently this Snivy vastly out-levels your Fighting-Type companion, but for some reason, it does not fight back with a single attack of its own... what's going on here?

As Monte prepares to Taunt Snivy into attacking - something that you're starting to wonder might turn really bad for you, considering the obvious difference in power -, the Scraggy flinches for some strange motive... until you realize he's frozen in fear by Snivy's Glare! That move is rarely accessible to wild Snivy, as you recall - either it was born knowing it from its genetic heritage, or someone taught it the technique at some point.

Clearly the Snivy is stalling for time, despite appearing much stronger than Monte. Are you missing something here? Why won't it fight back? What are its true intentions?...


Athena winced as Monte's punch missed, sending the tired Scraggy past Snivy and onto the floor. She held herself back from rushing forward and rescuing her Pokemon, it would be better to just let Monte try this battle out. He'd probably appreciate the opportunity to participate in the battle, and maybe even help out Eclair.

The Grass Snake Pokemon was incredibly fast, and definitely was much stronger than Monte. Despite the fact that it could take out Athena's young Pokemon in one hit, it was simply avoiding without fighting back. This was frustrating, Monte wasn't even getting the chance to regain some of his health back with an attack. He adjusted the shed skin around his legs, trying again to hit the Snivy with Low Kick. Athena grimaced as again his attack missed. Monte wasn't looking at her for another command. She worried that he was upset with her for pitting him against such a strong and evasive foe. Even Eclair wasn't responding to her, too fully wrapped up in vines.

"Monte...?" Athena questioned. She had retrieved Monte's Pokeball, and rolled it in her hand nervously. Monte didn't move, his eyes locked with his opponent, whose brown eyes were glowing. Her Pokemon wasn't ignoring her, Athena realized, but Snivy had paralyzed him with an intense Glare. Though not an expert on Pokemon moves, the trainer knew that this was suspect. She wasn't sure what was going on, but her Pokemon were unsafe in this situation.

"Come back, Monte!" She held the Pokeball out, activating its return function. Athena was new to Ball technology, but she had a thought. She retrieved Eclair's Pokeball as well, and attempted to retrieve her Pokemon through the mess of vines. She had no idea what this Snivy was up to, but she needed some way to keep it away from her Pokemon.

__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:10 AM   #49
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
deoxys:

The elder listens intently, eyes closed as he does. You tell him all that you saw, and how you believe it may convey a path to some strange structure in the depths of the earth. When you're done, he finally gets up from the rails, dusts off his clothes and smiles.

"Incredible," he replies with a faint voice. "For over ten years I've sat on these rails, every single day, facing the trains as they come. And for ten years, all they've shown me was the destination, but never the path..."

He walks over to you places a hand on your shoulder.

"But you came and saw everything on your first attempt. I was wrong, it seemed... you're much more than properly attuned."

It took a literal paranormal phenomenon, but it seems the rendez-vous with the black and red train was enough to finally get the somber old man to open up. Visibly moved by your ability to piece everything together when he'd been failing for a decade, he now seems much more inclined to talk than he's been up to this point.

"I owe you an explanation," he confesses. "When you agreed to sit on the rails with me, you entered a realm I cannot escape. This world you see - the purple sky, the demon train - is only visible by the two of us. We are trapped in a Never-Ending Nightmare, one I am responsible for..."

He passes you by, walking the rails in the same direction the train had just passed. Tired eyes following the metal tracks, he continued after a moment to collect his thoughts.

"My name is Dagon. However old you think I am, I assure you I'm older. Eons ago, I was someone... important. Someone powerful. I was royalty... But I was still human, and I had human weaknesses. One such weakness was the fear of solitude, of death - and when my aging Incineroar passed away, my one true companion, I... made a deal with the devil."

Again he is forced to stop, emotions overwhelming him briefly before he regains his composure.

"I prayed to Giratina, and It heard my pleas. It came to me in a dream, and offered to return Incineroar. At the peak of my influence, believing myself capable of paying whatever It demanded, I immediately accepted. I was overwhelmed by loneliness, and Giratina preyed on my despair. I rushed into forging a contract with the God of Abyss... you might imagine how that turned out for me. What was once my Incineroar was indeed reborn, but as an unrecognizable demon servant of the Phantom Dragon; to him, or what's left of him, I am not even a fleeting memory. And as for me, I was cursed to walk this Dimension as long as my old partner lives... which is why Giratina revived it into a Ghost that cannot die."

He peers over his shoulder, looking at you.

"For centuries I've tried to dissolve that contract. To escape this Nightmare. Ten years ago I discovered this particular railway, traversed by machines of the underworld, and I knew I was finally on the right path. But my mind is weak and old; the road was never revealed to me. With you here, I can finally put an end to all this, but..." he hesitates briefly, torn between dragging you in further and putting you in danger. "Ultimately, we are opposing a God. This is not your struggle. I might still be able to return you to the real world, before the Nightmare's grip on you is too powerful; all you have to do is ask."


Hiero stood and quietly listened to the man's tale. Hearing of the man's Incineroar hit extremely close to home for him. As the man continued, Hiero's fist clenched and his jaw tightened - this was a scenario he was all too familiar with himself. Many years ago, while coming to terms with the loss of his Blaziken during his tenure in Sinnoh, Giratina had in fact preyed upon Hiero's weaknesses as well, a story the trainer had - until now - opted to keep to himself. For weeks, months, years, Hiero prayed to Dialga, the Sinnohan deity of time, begging the god to change the past to save his partner. But where Dialga did not hear the trainer's pleas, Giratina did. Ultimately, Hiero refused the lord of the underworld in what could be considered an important turning point for his growth, a decision which left the trainer learning the virtues of acceptance and absolution.

"Sir," Hiero began, "you don't need to try to convince me. I want to do this." There was a cold seriousness in his voice. For Hiero, this almost felt personal. He stepped away from the train tracks and faced the direction the demon train had gone in. "I want to help you. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of things, including what these abilities are, and how I can use them. I don't think that meeting you here today was a coincidence." The trainer turned back once more to the old man, stern and focused with fire in his eyes. "Now I need to know something. Do you know what it is that I saw?"
__________________





MAL (updated frequently) - Fizzy Bubbles - tumblr

avatar credit: neverthrive


deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:01 PM   #50
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Spoiler: show
Things had gone fairly well, Boudicca and Gerrold had lowered the accuracy of the Durant's allowing Logi and Atalanta to combine their power and deal a pair of devastating blows on the dastardly Durants. They surely didn't like the fire, yet Logi was beginning to run out of puff and it wouldn't be long before he began to falter. In all honesty he had been relying on the Darumaka's fire to get them through this fight, without it he feared they would struggle. Luckily Boudicca had more in her arsenal than a Mudslap, she was capable of dealing power blows herself. Seeing Gerrold get sliced open by the Durant was concerning, it seemed their mandibles were sharper than he remembered from his own experiences. The other troubling sight was how intent the Durant were on tearing up the tracks. It seemed odd, why didn't they run when the fight began, that's what he would have expected wild Pokemon to do. Were these Durant perhaps under orders? Was this an attempt at sabotage? Jayson pushed the thought from mind for now, he had to dispose of the Durant before they done more damage to his Pokemon or the tracks.

Jayson swung his backpack off and quickly searched through it, eventually finding the Pokeball he was looking for. Jayson dropped the bag to the ground and tossed the Pokeball out in front of himself, revealing Odysseus the Magnemite. The analytical Magnemite was quick to assess the situation. "Alright Odysseus the team needs your tactical skills. Metal Sound to expose the Durants, then confuse them with a Supersonic. Logi and Atalanta wait for Odysseus to use Metal Sound before combining another Heat Wave and Ominous Wind. Boudicca, keep forcing the Durants back with Earthpower, then follow it up with another Earthpower.
TheKnightsFury: Though pleased overall with the start of the battle, you can't help but worry about the strange behavior of these Durant. From what you could remember of their kind, their iron mandibles posed much more of a threat than you'd experienced, almost as if they had been purposefully sharpened. What's more, this fixation on the tracks went against everything you knew of wild Pokémon and Durant in particular. You wonder if they are some attempt at sabotage for the railyard, or else under orders of some kind, but you can’t ponder for long as the battle continues.

As you ruffle through your bag, the speedy ants make their move. The two at the tracks continue to ignore the fight, each using their sharp, Metal Claw-like mandibles to make mincemeat of the rails, tossing bits towards the growing pile seemingly at random. Of the two attacking, the one flat on its back struggles in his blinded and burnt state to right itself, eventually succeeding with a surprising feat of Agility. The other chitters angrily - clearly enraged - and Hustles towards Jim's Swinub, mandibles pinching disturbingly like a Guillotine. Luckily, like its compatriot earlier, the Durant moves harmlessly past the bleeding Swinub, missing completely. Huffing with pained laughter, the Swinub exhales an icy breath, coating the attacking ant in a Powdery Snow.

By this point, you have found the Pokeball you seek, tossing it out as you drop the open bag to the ground. Once the flash of light clears, Odysseus floats in the air, blankly beeping as it analyzes the battlefield. Acknowledging your orders, the Magnemite's twin magnets begin spinning rapidly, filling the air with a harsh Metallic Sound that immediately distracts the quartet of Durant. Your own partners - aware in advance - filter out the noise.

Taking the opening provided, Boudicca rears back on her hindlegs before swinging her forelegs down in a swift move. Cracks spider-web out from her hooves towards the Durant who just righted itself, the Earth underneath erupting in a Powerful blast that knocks the ant away. At the same time, Logi and Atalanta prep another of their potent Heat Wave-Ominous Wind combo. As the wave of hot wind slams into the ants, you see that - though the damage done is still great - with Logi's weakening constitution it isn't as much as you'd hoped. There is a bright side, though, as burn marks spread across the torso of one of the working Durants. Even better, as she propels her ominous wind into the heat wave, a faint glow envelops Atalanta, strengthening her power.

If they weren't mad before, following this last wave, the Durant are downright infuriated. The two working on the tracks finally abandon their positions, together charging at Logi and Atalanta. The one on the left aims a Bite towards the Darumaka, while the rightmost Durant Furiously Cuts at the owl, who can't quite take off in time. The remaining two continue their streaks of bad luck, each Hustling right by Jim's Swinub and Boudicca, their respective Guillotines missing. Mildly amused by this point, both Pokémon repeat their earlier Powder Snow and Earth Power, respectively. Swinub's opponent, though coated in a layer of frost, is still barely holding on. Boudicca's opponent, however, flies backward in the small eruption, slumping to the ground in a dead faint. Ever the analytical being, Odysseus waits to move last, emitting a strange Supersonic tone that confuses the remaining Durant.

"Yeah, that's it Gerrold," Jim praises by your side, "keep it up with a couple more Powder Snows!"

With one Durant fainted and another nearly there, the battle seems to be in your favor. Of course, though one is burned and both are confused, the other two Durant only look a little roughed up. Additionally, Logi and Atalanta both took a bad hit, though Boudicca still hasn't been touched and Odysseus - new to the fight - is in perfect health.

The move is yours, what would you like to do?

(Declared 4/6: Rowlet, Mudbray, Darumaka, Magnemite)
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.