UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 02:57 AM   #226
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Sandaa- With the lone Rib grunt making his way towards you, a plan had to be made. You hastily put one together, grabbing a nearby trash can lid, a makeshift shield. You wait till the grunt gets close before springing into action, shield raised in preparation for retaliation as you shout out to the concealed Scurvy, "THUNDERWAVE!" The Ribs grunt stumbles backwards in surprise, his hand drops instantly to the gun on his hip. He rips the pistol from its holster, everything seems to slow down as he raises the gun directly at you. You shield yourself with the garbage can lid, although you know that it likely wouldn't save you from a bullet, especially at this range. As the Rib goes to pull the trigger, a lance of electrical energy strikes him in the side, causing the weapon to drop from his hands. The electricity wraps around his body, causing him to shake violently as he drops to his hands and knees. Scurvy lands deftly on the pavement, quickly rushing to your side out of fear for your safety, that was a close call. Acting quickly you drop the lid and pull out Venu's Pokeball. You release the Ivysaur and give him his directions, which he promptly acts on. Snake-like vines extend out from the base of his bulb, he wraps up the convulsing Rib grunt and before following you down an alley, dragging the Rib with him.

You finally get a good look at the Rib grunt, the electricity was starting to leave his body but thankfully Venu had his limbs bound. The man was likely in his late 20's, he was of a rather slim build. His neck was covered in tattoos of the tribal variety, the black ink contrasting against his olive skin. You check him over but he doesn't seem to be equipped with a Pokeball. He soon returns to a state where he can start talking, although he is rather unpleasant.

"Who the fuck are you?! I'm going to gut you, you dirty piece of Piloswine shit!" At least he was full of gas, now you just had to get him talking about what you want. You ask him about the location of the warehouse, only to just dodge to spit that comes flying at your face. "You really think I would leak that information? You're dumber than I fucking thought." The disgusting Rib was about to pay for not complying, you direct Scurvy to begin his interrogation. The Aipom smiles menacingly as he moves towards the Rib, the fingers on his tail hand begin to twitch. "Wait what are you doing you sick fuck?!" Scurvy rips off the grunt's boots and makes quick work of his socks, leaving his feet exposed. He then gets to work, tickling the Rib's feet, sending him into a laughing fit. Tears run down his face and his body shakes violently as Scurvy tortures him. The noise was surely going to give you away if you kept it up for too long, but luckily the grunt soon succumbs. "Alright alright I will tell you what I know!" Scurvy stops for now, but stays at the ready in case he is needed. "The warehouse is deeper in, a couple of blocks straight down the road. You won't get in though, it is heavily guarded, you would have to be a complete moron to try and break in." You now had the location of the warehouse, but it seemed getting inside was not going to be an easy task.

Medmana- Eager to relieve Glimmer of her poisoning, you insert the Pecha berry that was gifted to you into her ball, that would likely soothe her. You watch as the guard exits the room he had entered, it locks shut behind him as he heads back out through the tunnels. You prepare yourself for the upcoming battle, unsure whether you would be able to use the other Pokemon at your disposal and wondering whether Glimmer was winning three matches by herself. Almost half an hour ticks by, Madame Marsh comes back to the holding cells a couple of times to collect more combatants, the last of which was a young girl with tangled black hair that all but covered her face. A shiver runs down your spine as the girl is led past your cell, she turns her head to look at you. There was something strange about her eyes, they seemed to stare right through you.

Madame Marsh returns a few minutes later, stopping in front of your cell she unlocks it with a wave of her hand. "You're up again, this will be your second fight, same goes for your opponent this time. You can use your Seedot again or another Pokemon if you have one, the crowd likes a bit of diversity." Madame Marsh leads you back through the tunnels, the same way you had come in. Before long you find yourself standing on the sands of the arena once more, this time however the crowd cheers your arrival. You look over to the podium, which was now graced by a couple more people. These two seem to hold themselves much higher, they sit hand in hand as they await the start of the fight.

Across the other side of the arena stands the young girl who was selected before you, the mop of hair still concealing most of her face. In front of her was a small Pokemon, it seemed to be wearing black and white, which contrasted nicely with its purple head.

"Both newcomers to the pits, both managed to defeat trainers who seemed certain to achieve their final victory", from what the presenter was saying, it seemed the girl had also defeated someone during their third battle. "Can Ami overcome the strange strength of Gloria and Gothita?!" The crowd cheers wildly, obviously amped up for this fight. Gloria, remained silent, a stark contrast to Trent but something was telling you that she would be a much greater threat.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #227
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post

Medmana- Eager to relieve Glimmer of her poisoning, you insert the Pecha berry that was gifted to you into her ball, that would likely soothe her. You watch as the guard exits the room he had entered, it locks shut behind him as he heads back out through the tunnels. You prepare yourself for the upcoming battle, unsure whether you would be able to use the other Pokemon at your disposal and wondering whether Glimmer was winning three matches by herself. Almost half an hour ticks by, Madame Marsh comes back to the holding cells a couple of times to collect more combatants, the last of which was a young girl with tangled black hair that all but covered her face. A shiver runs down your spine as the girl is led past your cell, she turns her head to look at you. There was something strange about her eyes, they seemed to stare right through you.

Madame Marsh returns a few minutes later, stopping in front of your cell she unlocks it with a wave of her hand. "You're up again, this will be your second fight, same goes for your opponent this time. You can use your Seedot again or another Pokemon if you have one, the crowd likes a bit of diversity." Madame Marsh leads you back through the tunnels, the same way you had come in. Before long you find yourself standing on the sands of the arena once more, this time however the crowd cheers your arrival. You look over to the podium, which was now graced by a couple more people. These two seem to hold themselves much higher, they sit hand in hand as they await the start of the fight.

Across the other side of the arena stands the young girl who was selected before you, the mop of hair still concealing most of her face. In front of her was a small Pokemon, it seemed to be wearing black and white, which contrasted nicely with its purple head.

"Both newcomers to the pits, both managed to defeat trainers who seemed certain to achieve their final victory", from what the presenter was saying, it seemed the girl had also defeated someone during their third battle. "Can Ami overcome the strange strength of Gloria and Gothita?!" The crowd cheers wildly, obviously amped up for this fight. Gloria, remained silent, a stark contrast to Trent but something was telling you that she would be a much greater threat.
Time ticks steadily by, seemingly slowed down by tense anticipation. Other trainers come and go, while their pokemon are forced to stay as nothing more than ill-gained merchandise. Each time the guard went into the storage room, Ami thought about jumping him but ultimately decided not to. She still had Madame Marsh's metal band on her and didn't feel like getting electrocuted to death tonight.

Of all the people pulled out for their next match, one in particular caught Ami's attention- largely because she somehow caught theirs. The girl's face was heavily obscured by her unkempt hair, but that was far from being enough to hide the soul-piercing stare she was giving her. Those eyes... there was no way they'd be able to produce such a profound sense of dread if they were normal, right?

Unfortunately, Ami was next. The passageways were as nondescript as ever on the way back to the arena, the wear of their past use evident on every inch. She'd find no comfort in them... At last, she was brought back out into the main chamber. The crowed roared, some evidently remembering her past performance despite all the time that passed. A couple new people, evidently putting the emphasis on couple, had appeared in the reserved booth since she was last out here, though there was simply no way of determining their names or allegiance quite yet. And, of course, there was the freaky staring girl on the other side of the ring with some sort of small Humanshape pokemon at her side. "Just my luck..." Ami muttered as she took up her spot in the arena.

"Both newcomers to the pits, both managed to defeat trainers who seemed certain to achieve their final victory", the announcer declared, tipping Ami off as to why they were chosen to go against each other. "Can Ami overcome the strange strength of Gloria and gothita?!" Seeing as Madame Marsh had given her permission to use multiple pokemon, Ami couldn't help but feel like the answer was 'yes', but... This pair sure was freaky- and were quite possibly the ones who leaked her name. She wasn't going to hand them an easy victory by throwing Glimmer under the bus this time, that's for sure!

"Nadie, we've got no time to waste!" the trainer shouted as she unleashed her woobat into the arena. "Keep them still with Telekinesis and chomp down on them with your Super Fangs! Then strike them again for Assurance!" The sooner she ended this, the fewer injuries her pokemon would attain. That was undoubtedly one of the best outcomes in a battle, after all.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 07-12-2017, 06:26 PM   #228
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: If there was one thing Banette knew about, it was capitalising on weaknesses, and you were no different. With the Nosepass down, it was a case of putting him out, and Chex was certainly eager to do so, claw sheening a metallic grey as the Scizor pushes through paralysis once more to bring it down upon the Compass pokemon, knocking him down again as he almost manages to get up. Clearly frustrated, the rock type gives an angry grunt as the Scizor begins to pepper his face with punches launched rapidly like a hail of bullets, and as this occurs you notice the eyes of the moai seem to be relaxed, the pokemon beginning to glow as you realise very quickly what the Nosepass is trying to to: self destruct.

At this proximity, in this environment, it could very well bring the cave down upon you and Neemee, and you'd be deader than you currently are in your current form. Urging Chex, the Scizor locks up in paralysis once more as the glow intensifies, as Neemee's cheerful bobbing subsides, the stranger instead quivering in what seems to be fear. With your pleads, Chex struggles to get up, fighting through paralysis...and promptly swivels around, bringing his steel wing down onto the nose of the Nosepass, cracking into it before falling over onto all fours, the efforts of pushing through the paralysis taking it out on his energy as the Scizor pants. The Nosepass stops glowing, and simply keels over, giving a grumble as eyes swirl in defeat. Chex gained 1 level! Sprinting to your battered ally and helping him up, Neemee's quivering once more turns to gleeful bobbing.

"Me-me happy kyu beat pass-nose! Me-me can pass through ghost tunnel again with kyu, get self back! We go now, let pass-nose get better, and find cat bee homes soon!"

After getting your bearings, you continue down the tunnel with Neemee, following the figure round the turns and twists of the cave. Along the way, you find a couple of small gems loosened, and pocket them with the intent to sell them afterwards to a collector you know of not too far from Hyrem's base, estimating the value to be around $150. The tunnel heads further down, and as you start to find the air a little thicker, Neemee stops you at a point, motioning with their stick at a grate as big as the hole you entered the tunnels from, and the brickwork beyond. It seems the stranger's found you your way in, now you have your end of the bargain to keep.

(OOC: The gems you received have no use in the adventure, and are merely my excuse to avoid randomly finding pokedollars. You've effectively received the $150 there, claimable immediately.)
With Nosepass prone on the ground, Chex was able to take full advantage as his Metal Claw, followed up by his Bullet Punch, were able to take the Rock-type down to a very low amount of health, but this was the breaking point for Nosepass as it decided it had enough of this battle and wanted to end it all by Self-Destructing. Such an attack was quite worrying not only for Chex but for the two ghosts as well; they wouldn't be affected by the blast directly, but the area it would effect would cause a collapse of the cave, sealing the three of them inside for eternity. Michael looked to Chex, who picked a bad time to struggle with his paralysis. "Come on, Chex, you can do it! You have to!" he urged. You heard him, Chex. Your friend Michael brought some other teammates as well as you that would all go down with you if you failed now! All you need to do is move...move...there ya go! Chex was able to get himself to fight through the paralysis and get his Wings to glow a shiny Steel gray before pivoting around and slamming the metallic attack into the statue to finish it off, the energy dispersing around it and making the area safe.

"Chex!" Michael called out before running to the Scizor who had collapsed. "It's okay, I've got you!" He put Chex's arm around his shoulder, slowly lifting him back up to standing height as Neemee jumped for joy at the victory over the Nosepass. "Me-me happy kyu beat pass-nose! Me-me can pass through ghost tunnel again with kyu, get self back! We go now, let pass-nose get better, and find cat bee homes soon!" Michael chuckles a bit before turning to his companion. "Well done, Chex, we can take it from here. I'll cure your paralysis as soon as I can, but for now you deserve a good break, so return." He takes the Pokeball from his belt and hears the Scizor sigh in relief before drawing him inside the device before turning to Neemee. "Don't worry, I brought four other Pokemon along with me, so we can still defend ourselves without revealing who we are yet."

With that said, they moved on through the tunnel--Michael finding a few valuable gems along the way that he could quickly pocket and not lose too much stride, perhaps gems that a collector in Cortoza named Agnes would find valuable--until Neemee points upward to a sewer grate presumably right inside the Crimson Sanctum itself. This was the easy part...now to actually infiltrate the base and figure out where Neemee's body lay, as well as get some juicy information about the Shells themselves and what they might be hiding. Without a word, Michael nodded to Neemee before reaching up to slowly, quietly, carefully lift the grate open so they could enter the stronghold proper.

Level Up! Scizor grew from Lv. 23 to Lv. 24!

Michael picked up $150!

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 07-12-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:16 PM   #229
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Jerichi
Bedlam Ridge
The Temporary City Zone

The Ribcage Mall (Ribs): Please reply in Cyan!

Isa concentrated on carefully lifting the girl into the air as your Duskull took care of trying to cover you guys as you helped the girl. Your Duskull doesn't seem to see anything, watching the two Ribs continue to stumble around, still under the effects of the Confuse Ray. Soon enough, Isa releases her telekinetic control as she places the girl behind a really sturdy looking pile of rubble, even farther away from the Ribs. It looks like they won't be able to find you from here, giving you and Isa a very protected place to work. Isa began to concentrate powerful healing energies inside of her, a technique used by only a few known Pokemon. It's very effective in healing wounds, but also tires out the user, meaning that it can only be used by those with a selfless heart. Whether or not Isa is truly selfless is to question, but the move is successful, the egg of pure energy moving into the girl's body. Almost miraculously, some of her wounds on her body begin to heal, the scrapes and bruishes fading away as she coughs, coming back into consciouness. It doesn't seem to have healed many of the deeper wounds, however, as when the girl tries to get up, she clutches her chest in pain and falls back down.

She looks at you in confusion, before rubbing her forehead, maybe suffering from some kind of headache. She looked at your Grumpig, who is clearly panting from the exertion, and puts two and two together. "You...helped me out? Thank you. I...don't know what happened to me. I came here to check out the sights and...I think I was jumped. I'm not sure what they wanted to do with me, but they stuffed me in that bag and were trying to take me away." She tries to get up again, and while she grimaces in pain, she is able to at least get back up on her feet and walk forwards a little bit.

"Can you please help me? I'm not sure how far I'll be able to walk. I think they banged me up pretty bad. Bastards didn't have to kick me like that." She seems rather unsteady on her feet, and even if your Grumpig was able to deal with most of the surface injuries, the possibility of deeper, inner injuries weighs on the back of your mind.

What will you do?
Old 07-14-2017, 01:41 AM   #230
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa- With the lone Rib grunt making his way towards you, a plan had to be made. You hastily put one together, grabbing a nearby trash can lid, a makeshift shield. You wait till the grunt gets close before springing into action, shield raised in preparation for retaliation as you shout out to the concealed Scurvy, "THUNDERWAVE!" The Ribs grunt stumbles backwards in surprise, his hand drops instantly to the gun on his hip. He rips the pistol from its holster, everything seems to slow down as he raises the gun directly at you. You shield yourself with the garbage can lid, although you know that it likely wouldn't save you from a bullet, especially at this range. As the Rib goes to pull the trigger, a lance of electrical energy strikes him in the side, causing the weapon to drop from his hands. The electricity wraps around his body, causing him to shake violently as he drops to his hands and knees. Scurvy lands deftly on the pavement, quickly rushing to your side out of fear for your safety, that was a close call. Acting quickly you drop the lid and pull out Venu's Pokeball. You release the Ivysaur and give him his directions, which he promptly acts on. Snake-like vines extend out from the base of his bulb, he wraps up the convulsing Rib grunt and before following you down an alley, dragging the Rib with him.

You finally get a good look at the Rib grunt, the electricity was starting to leave his body but thankfully Venu had his limbs bound. The man was likely in his late 20's, he was of a rather slim build. His neck was covered in tattoos of the tribal variety, the black ink contrasting against his olive skin. You check him over but he doesn't seem to be equipped with a Pokeball. He soon returns to a state where he can start talking, although he is rather unpleasant.

"Who the fuck are you?! I'm going to gut you, you dirty piece of Piloswine shit!" At least he was full of gas, now you just had to get him talking about what you want. You ask him about the location of the warehouse, only to just dodge to spit that comes flying at your face. "You really think I would leak that information? You're dumber than I fucking thought." The disgusting Rib was about to pay for not complying, you direct Scurvy to begin his interrogation. The Aipom smiles menacingly as he moves towards the Rib, the fingers on his tail hand begin to twitch. "Wait what are you doing you sick fuck?!" Scurvy rips off the grunt's boots and makes quick work of his socks, leaving his feet exposed. He then gets to work, tickling the Rib's feet, sending him into a laughing fit. Tears run down his face and his body shakes violently as Scurvy tortures him. The noise was surely going to give you away if you kept it up for too long, but luckily the grunt soon succumbs. "Alright alright I will tell you what I know!" Scurvy stops for now, but stays at the ready in case he is needed. "The warehouse is deeper in, a couple of blocks straight down the road. You won't get in though, it is heavily guarded, you would have to be a complete moron to try and break in." You now had the location of the warehouse, but it seemed getting inside was not going to be an easy task.
Gary nearly peed his pants as the man pulled a gun out on him, fully aware that his trash can lid shield would do nothing to stop a bullet. Fortunately for him, Scurvy’s Thunder Wave came at the perfect moment, and thus Gary’s adventures as a Pokemon trainer in Fizzy Bubbles were allowed to continue. Wiping the sweat from his forehead as the man went down like he had been struck by a Taser, Gary let out a deep sigh of relief. “Great job, Scurvy,” he called out with a nervous chuckle.

After sending out Venu to tie the man up with his vines and drag him into the alley, Gary and his two Pokemon didn’t have to wait long for the man to come to. The grunt immediately began spewing obscenities in Gary’s direction, who wished he had something to gag the man with, but he would need the man’s mouth to get directions to the warehouse soon enough anyway. Scurvy then goes about his interrogation of Tickle torture, and soon enough the grunt caves in.

The grunt spoke of the warehouse’s location, only being a few blocks down the road, but not without peril. Apparently the warehouse was heavily guarded, which immediately ruled walking through the front door out of the list of options. “There’s got to be another way in,” Gary mused, glancing at Scurvy. “Tickle him again, Scurvy. Tell us, surely there’s a way to get in where the security is weaker. Also, tell us any other information you’ve got. Who is at the warehouse right now? Where would potential hostages be located? If he hesitates at all, Tickle him again, Scurvy!” Gary waited patiently for the man to spill his beans. Once he got as much information as he could get, Gary would have Venu knock him out with a Sleep Powder and then they would stick the man in a dumpster.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 07-14-2017, 05:40 AM   #231
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Patches- Despite your ever growing glumness, you find yourself drawn to the eerie centerpiece of the city. The previous house of the Goldenridge Council, a towering building that loomed high above its surrounds was now left abandoned and in disrepair. The building seemed to give off a strange and concerning energy, you could feel it but not as strongly as Rika, the Espeon seemed to know better than to mess with such energy. Despite her wariness you burst through the doors of the council building, intent on finding a water source to sate your dry palate. If the outside looked worn than the inside could be considered ruined, the walls were stripped of paint, floorboards were cracked and the contents of the building were strewn all over the place. You head in through past the reception desk, scraps of paper are scattered everywhere. You find yourself drawn to the left, you walk through the already open door into a rather spacious room.

The room is open to the element, courtesy of a large stain glass window which has been shattered into a million pieces, the glass now lays spread out on the floor. A large tree has worked its way into the room, its thick roots have torn through the brick wall and dug through the floor. A large pool of crystal clear water has pooled around the roots, it looks good enough to drink. Rika makes her way carefully over to the pool of water, tip toeing through the shattered glass. She gives it a quick sniff and doesn't seem to pick up anything strange from the water, but in a place like this even her psychic senses could be manipulated.

Medmana- Despite the strangeness of your opponent, you decide to go in strong. You send a Pokeball spinning into the air, it bursts open and releases Nadie, the Woobat lets out a joyful screech as she zips around through the air. The crowd begins to cheer, the realization that this is going to be a Psychic showdown has them bursting with excitement. The sight of the Woobat gets no response from Gloria, the sullen young girl remains emotionless. She remains voiceless as well, she doesn't even seem to be giving orders to her Gothita, how did she expect it to battle?

Nadie gets to work, her psychic energy powers up as she begins to manipulate the Gothita, who slowly rises up into the air. The little psychic type remains as composed as its trainer, the telekinetic manipulation not as foreign to her as it would be to other Pokemon. Seemingly of its own volition, the Gothita suddenly begins to cry and flail around, going into a tantrum of sorts. You sneak a peek at Gloria and a thin, malevolent smile has cracked across her face. Nadia drops her guard as she sympathises with the crying Psychic type, slowly dropping it back to the ground as her special defense plummets, courtesy of her Simple nature. As the Gothita touches down the tantrum finishes, it appears the display was entirely fake, a way to get to the Woobat's emotional side.

Now feeling emotionally exposed, Nadie zooms in, quickly closing the gap between the two Psychic types. Her tiny fang glistens as she chomps down on the Gothita's head. The Gothita struggles against the attack, greatly increasing the amount of damage she takes as blood begins to drip down her face. Raising her little arms, the Gothita begins to tickle the Woobat's underbelly, causing Nadie to let go as once again she finds her simple nature exploited, this time resulting in a significant reduction to her attack and defense. Despite the continual exploitation of her ability, Nadie seems eager to assure her victory in this match. A dark aura surrounds her, the damage she has already dealt to the Gothita cause the aura to strengthen and intensify. She slams viciously into the Gothita, causing the Psychic type to tumble backwards through the sand. You hope for a moment that the attack would be enough to put the Gothita down but your hope goes unheard as it climbs back to its feet. Eyes narrowing, the Gothita begins to crackle with electricity, a thrust of its arms sends a jagged bolt hurtling towards Nadie. The Woobat's screeches fill the cavern, the super effective attack would have been bad before, but with her drastically lowered special defense the attack is absolutely devastating. Both Pokemon already look worn after the first exchange, but it is likely that both Nadie and the Gothita will continue to push for dominance.

Sandaa- The grunt is somewhat compliant after facing the torturous tickles of Scurvy. However you were only just getting started, there was still plenty more for this canary to sing. You instruct Scurvy to begin his tickles once more, but as soon as he moves in the grunt pleads at him to stop, the Aipom surely was effective.

"No no no, no more tickling please I beg you, I will tell you what you want to know. I guess if you could get yourself up onto the roof you could get in through the vents, that is the only way you are going to get in without conflict. Impossible to know who is there at any one time, there is normal two guards at the front door and another that patrols the surrounding area, all armed with guns and Pokemon. I heard this morning that the warehouse was broken into last night, don't know if they caught anyone though. If they caught someone they could be holding them anywhere. I'm only a low level grunt, I'm not privy to that much information. I told you everything you wanted to know, let me go now!"

You smile at the grunts request, a quick instruction to Venu sees the Ivysaur's bulb blossom slightly as he leaks out a glistening powder. The grunt tries to hold his breathe to stop himself from breathing it in, but Scurvy gives him a light tickle on the foot, causing him to inhale the powder as he laughs in pain. Venu holds him tight for a couple of minutes until the powder sets in and he falls asleep, the poor bloke would need a bed. You instruct Venu to toss him into a nearby dumpster, which he happily does with a whip of his vines.

You recall both your Pokemon for now and follow the grunts directions, slinking through the streets you make your way towards the warehouse. You identify the building as soon as you see the two Ribs standing guard out the front. There was no sign of the third guard for now, but it is likely that he is patrolling the area. A quick assessment of the building reveals no fire escapes however a nearby building does have one. The roofs of the two buildings are fairly level and both are flat.

Scurvy gained 2 levels, Venu gained 1 level

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 07-15-2017 at 04:13 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #232
Patches
Shake it!

Quote:
Patches- Despite your ever growing glumness, you find yourself drawn to the eerie centerpiece of the city. The previous house of the Goldenridge Council, a towering building that loomed high above its surrounds was now left abandoned and in disrepair. The building seemed to give off a strange and concerning energy, you could feel it but not as strongly as Rika, the Espeon seemed to know better than to mess with such energy. Despite her wariness you burst through the doors of the council building, intent on finding a water source to sate your dry palate. If the outside looked worn than the inside could be considered ruined, the walls were stripped of paint, floorboards were cracked and the contents of the building were strewn all over the place. You head in through past the reception desk, scraps of paper are scattered everywhere. You find yourself drawn to the left, you walk through the already open door into a rather spacious room.

The room is open to the element, courtesy of a large stain glass window which has been shattered into a million pieces, the glass now lays spread out on the floor. A large tree has worked its way into the room, its thick roots have torn through the brick wall and dug through the floor. A large pool of crystal clear water has pooled around the roots, it looks good enough to drink. Rika makes her way carefully over to the pool of water, tip toeing through the shattered glass. She gives it a quick sniff and doesn't seem to pick up anything strange from the water, but in a place like this even her psychic senses could be manipulated.
After entering the building Patches looks all around, noticing how ruined this place is. As she makes her way deeper inside, she tries her best to be careful not to trip over the clutter that seemed to fill the floor everywhere. Once she reaches the reception desk and notices the papers that seem to just be thrown all over the place she decides to pause. “This place may need to be fixed up a bit but it looks like whoever lives here is just as organized as I am, so we have something in common already!” Normally this is a comment that would be said as a joke to lighten the mood but for Patches, this was just what she was actually thinking. She was feeling much better now and seemed to be pretty oblivious to the dreary atmosphere, to her this place was better than walking the streets and seeing hopelessness in everyone’s faces.

Rika was still very wary, she stayed close to Patches and was prepared to protect her if need be. “Let’s keep going Rika. We need to find someone that lives here so that we can ask them for water.” She takes a moment to think in order to decide which direction they should go in but she doesn’t think for long before she is suddenly overcome with an urge to enter a room to the left. Upon entering, she immediately notices the glass strewn across the floor everywhere as well as the large tree with pooling water around its roots. “Whoa. This tree must have been pretty thirsty too...” She says while she stands there trying to process what she’s seeing. Rika has also noticed the water and she is so thirsty that the first thing she thinks to do is investigate it. Patches watches with worry as Rika carefully makes her way over to the water while avoiding the shattered glass on the floor. After sniffing the water and deciding that it’s safe, she looks at Patches and lifts a paw, waving it through the air in an attempt to tell her to come over. “You go ahead Rika. I’m going to find a broom first because all of this glass is very dangerous and someone could hurt themselves.” As Patches begins to search the room for a broom, Rika does her best to keep an eye on her as she goes ahead and takes a drink from the water in order to quench her thirst.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-14-2017, 11:43 AM   #233
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Medmana- Despite the strangeness of your opponent, you decide to go in strong. You send a Pokeball spinning into the air, it bursts open and releases Nadie, the Woobat lets out a joyful screech as she zips around through the air. The crowd begins to cheer, the realization that this is going to be a Psychic showdown has them bursting with excitement. The sight of the Woobat gets no response from Gloria, the sullen young girl remains emotionless. She remains voiceless as well, she doesn't even seem to be giving orders to her Gothita, how did she expect it to battle?

Nadie gets to work, her psychic energy powers up as she begins to manipulate the Gothita, who slowly rises up into the air. The little psychic type remains as composed as its trainer, the telekinetic manipulation not as foreign to her as it would be to other Pokemon. Seemingly of its own volition, the Gothita suddenly begins to cry and flail around, going into a tantrum of sorts. You sneak a peek at Gloria and a thin, malevolent smile has cracked across her face. Nadia drops her guard as she sympathises with the crying Psychic type, slowly dropping it back to the ground as her special defense plummets, courtesy of her Simple nature. As the Gothita touches down the tantrum finishes, it appears the display was entirely fake, a way to get to the Woobat's emotional side.

Now feeling emotionally exposed, Nadie zooms in, quickly closing the gap between the two Psychic types. Her tiny fang glistens as she chomps down on the Gothita's head. The Gothita struggles against the attack, greatly increasing the amount of damage she takes as blood begins to drip down her face. Raising her little arms, the Gothita begins to tickle the Woobat's underbelly, causing Nadie to let go as once again she finds her simple nature exploited, this time resulting in a significant reduction to her attack and defense. Despite the continual exploitation of her ability, Nadie seems eager to assure her victory in this match. A dark aura surrounds her, the damage she has already dealt to the Gothita cause the aura to strengthen and intensify. She slams viciously into the Gothita, causing the Psychic type to tumble backwards through the sand. You hope for a moment that the attack would be enough to put the Gothita down but your hope goes unheard as it climbs back to its feet. Eyes narrowing, the Gothita begins to crackle with electricity, a thrust of its arms sends a jagged bolt hurtling towards Nadie. The Woobat's screeches fill the cavern, the super effective attack would have been bad before, but with her drastically lowered special defense the attack is absolutely devastating. Both Pokemon already look worn after the first exchange, but it is likely that both Nadie and the Gothita will continue to push for dominance.
Despite the fact that at least one of her opponents had some sort of telepathic ability, the battle only kept getting louder and louder. First the crowd, then the foe's falsified breakdown, then the crowd again, and finally Nadie's horrifically pained screams. Ami was starting to get both deaf and mad, and it had become quite clear that she needed to end this even quicker than she thought, lest she lose a dear friend- and she had absolutely no intention of hosting a funeral anytime soon!

She dared to take a quick glance at the girl standing on the other side of the arena and immediately wished she hadn't. How could she still bee sporting such a freakishly malignant smile when her own pokemon was actively bleeding out? The chill down Ami's spine quickly gave way to a renewed bout of anger. She had expected to lose, she had planned to lose, but she most certainly had no intention of losing to this cocky ass bitch in the slightest! Someone needed to put her in her place, preferably sooner rather than later- and who better to do that than someone who's already doing battle with her?

The next order of business, of course, would be to try to throw off their aim and sever their telepathic connection. "Hang in there, Nadie! Blow them away with a Gust and shoot'em back down with a couple Signal Beams!"

Now all she could do was pray that Victini would be kind enough to let her cherished partner not be a crispy critter after this...

Old 07-15-2017, 04:04 AM   #234
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Patches- Still cautious of the situation, you give Rika the go ahead to drink from the pool of water. As the Espeon steadily laps the crystal clear water, you search the room for a broom to sweep up the shards of glass that could potentially harm Rika if she was to step on them. Eventually you find one tucked into an old cupboard but as you turn around to begin sweeping, something strange begins to happen. The shards of glass begin to lift off the ground. By instinct you look to Rika, the Espeon is facing you, here eyes ignited with psychic energy, her tail raised towards the ceiling. Every hair on her body seems to be raised and she appears to have no control of her actions as the glass begins to swirl around you. You can barely keep your eyes on her as the storm of glass intensifies, surprisingly the glass doesn't get close enough to cut you. Suddenly a flash of energy causes the storm to stop, the glass fuses together, trapping you in a stain glass case. You watch as Rika walks out of the room, all she leaves is a trail of wet foot prints behind her.

You pound desperately on the glass but it doesn't even shake, thankfully there was a little room inside the case for you to move freely. Suddenly you hear screeching as a message is scratched into the glass before your eyes.

A power grows to rival ours, test your bond to become our champion and taste power unimaginable. But first you must escape this case for which you need the key.

The glass shimmers and the first passage fades, only to be followed by another which is much more cryptic.

I am not alive, but I grow. I don't have lungs, but I need air. I don't have a mouth, but water kills me.

With Rika possessed by a strange power, it seemed you had no choice but to find your way out of the stain glass case and pursue her. However it seemed like there were greater forces at work here and for some reason you were now a part of their plans.

Medmana- Things had not gone as well as you wanted them to. The original plan was get in, get it over with quickly so that Nadie didn't get too hurt. At first it looked like that might work but it soon became apparent that Gloria, despite her reserved nature, was cool and calculating. Somehow it seemed that all you did was exactly what she wanted you to do, was this another display of the girl's psychic powers? Regardless of that, you weren't about to let your precious partner fall victim to this malevolent child.

Nadie whips her wings violently, quickly generating a powerful gust of wind that kicks up sand as it batters the Gothita. The little Psychic type rubs her eyes and so does her trainer, both of them seem irritated by the grating particles. The crowd cheers you on as they approve of the dirty tactic, even if you didn't intend on such an effect they seemed to love it. Upset by the attack, the Gothita begins to cry once more, but these tears are far from fake. The tantrum builds into an uproar as waves of sound blast out around it, slamming into Nadie who screeches in pain still exposed by her own ability.

Her first attempt at disrupting the pair of psychics proving somewhat effective, Nadie goes for a more aggressive approach. Her mouth opens as she fires a kaleidoscopic beam of bug energy towards the Gothita, whose eyesight is still hindered from the sand. Unable to react in time the Gothita is forced to endure the hit to the head, letting out a small cry as she reacts to the super effective strike. You look across and notice Gloria has clenched her fists, anger now rested on her face. The emotion spreads across to the Gothita, who once again sparks with electricity. She lets out an aggressive cry as another jagged bolt of electricity is fired at Nadie. Perhaps a result of the sand or the anger, the bolt is a bit of target, allowing Nadie to escape with an indirect hit. That doesn't stop the attack from hurting though, as the severe reduction of the Woobat's special defense continues to be a detriment. Nadie is looking rather worse for wear, it is unclear how much more of this she could take, another Thunderbolt could spell her end.

Although things were looking rather dire, Nadie wasn't going to give up just yet. She fires yet another Signal Beam at the Gothita, landing a direct hit on the psychic type's head. Pained cries ring from the Gothita, who then proceeds to stumble a little, could you have finally got that bit of luck you were searching for? A quick look to Gloria all but confirms it, the girl who had previously been focused now has a look of confusion on her face, her Pokemon's status reflected in her due to their psychic link. The Gothita still seemed to be in a slightly better position than Nadie, but with it now struggling with confusion there was a chance that the Woobat would be able to clinch victory.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #235
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Medmana- Things had not gone as well as you wanted them to. The original plan was get in, get it over with quickly so that Nadie didn't get too hurt. At first it looked like that might work but it soon became apparent that Gloria, despite her reserved nature, was cool and calculating. Somehow it seemed that all you did was exactly what she wanted you to do, was this another display of the girl's psychic powers? Regardless of that, you weren't about to let your precious partner fall victim to this malevolent child.

Nadie whips her wings violently, quickly generating a powerful gust of wind that kicks up sand as it batters the Gothita. The little Psychic type rubs her eyes and so does her trainer, both of them seem irritated by the grating particles. The crowd cheers you on as they approve of the dirty tactic, even if you didn't intend on such an effect they seemed to love it. Upset by the attack, the Gothita begins to cry once more, but these tears are far from fake. The tantrum builds into an uproar as waves of sound blast out around it, slamming into Nadie who screeches in pain still exposed by her own ability.

Her first attempt at disrupting the pair of psychics proving somewhat effective, Nadie goes for a more aggressive approach. Her mouth opens as she fires a kaleidoscopic beam of bug energy towards the Gothita, whose eyesight is still hindered from the sand. Unable to react in time the Gothita is forced to endure the hit to the head, letting out a small cry as she reacts to the super effective strike. You look across and notice Gloria has clenched her fists, anger now rested on her face. The emotion spreads across to the Gothita, who once again sparks with electricity. She lets out an aggressive cry as another jagged bolt of electricity is fired at Nadie. Perhaps a result of the sand or the anger, the bolt is a bit of target, allowing Nadie to escape with an indirect hit. That doesn't stop the attack from hurting though, as the severe reduction of the Woobat's special defense continues to be a detriment. Nadie is looking rather worse for wear, it is unclear how much more of this she could take, another Thunderbolt could spell her end.

Although things were looking rather dire, Nadie wasn't going to give up just yet. She fires yet another Signal Beam at the Gothita, landing a direct hit on the psychic type's head. Pained cries ring from the Gothita, who then proceeds to stumble a little, could you have finally got that bit of luck you were searching for? A quick look to Gloria all but confirms it, the girl who had previously been focused now has a look of confusion on her face, her Pokemon's status reflected in her due to their psychic link. The Gothita still seemed to be in a slightly better position than Nadie, but with it now struggling with confusion there was a chance that the Woobat would be able to clinch victory.
Well, getting dirt in their faces would certainly be 'fighting dirty', on multiple levels. It wasn't exactly what they were going for, but the crowd loved it and it left the opponent not quite sure how to aim properly. The little Psychic Type wasn't about to let that slide and shot out another burst of lighting, but it didn't exactly hit its mark. There were games where such a hit would not only fail to affect Nadie at all, but net him bonus points to boot, but... this was not a game, and the electricity surged through the woobat's body nonetheless.

Thankfully, the red-and-green lasers hit their marks despite the second super effective blow and even managed to confuse the gothita- and, for some reason, Gloria. There was no way that was simple telepathy- were they tied by a more empathic bond despite their apathetic appearances? And if so, how could the girl shut out the pain and remain focused? Whatever the answer, Ami was too stressed and too mad to bother contemplating it for long. This was her chance to claim victory and leave with her woobat still alive and well- no way she was going to let that slide!

Of course, there was one small matter she had to think about first: Nadie's strongest attack against the gothita required that the opponent be hit very recently to achieve its full potential, but hitting it with a weakened Assurance would likely still be strong enough to jolt them out of their confusion... But a not-very-effective attack should be able to do the trick! "Alright, it's now or never! Add a bit more Confusion to the mix and bash them with two strikes for Assurance!"

Ami wasn't sure if the crowd would cheer for the savage assault or grow bored with the repeated attack, but at this point she really didn't care either.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:44 PM   #236
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Jerichi
Bedlam Ridge
The Temporary City Zone

The Ribcage Mall (Ribs): Please reply in Cyan!

Isa concentrated on carefully lifting the girl into the air as your Duskull took care of trying to cover you guys as you helped the girl. Your Duskull doesn't seem to see anything, watching the two Ribs continue to stumble around, still under the effects of the Confuse Ray. Soon enough, Isa releases her telekinetic control as she places the girl behind a really sturdy looking pile of rubble, even farther away from the Ribs. It looks like they won't be able to find you from here, giving you and Isa a very protected place to work. Isa began to concentrate powerful healing energies inside of her, a technique used by only a few known Pokemon. It's very effective in healing wounds, but also tires out the user, meaning that it can only be used by those with a selfless heart. Whether or not Isa is truly selfless is to question, but the move is successful, the egg of pure energy moving into the girl's body. Almost miraculously, some of her wounds on her body begin to heal, the scrapes and bruishes fading away as she coughs, coming back into consciouness. It doesn't seem to have healed many of the deeper wounds, however, as when the girl tries to get up, she clutches her chest in pain and falls back down.

She looks at you in confusion, before rubbing her forehead, maybe suffering from some kind of headache. She looked at your Grumpig, who is clearly panting from the exertion, and puts two and two together. "You...helped me out? Thank you. I...don't know what happened to me. I came here to check out the sights and...I think I was jumped. I'm not sure what they wanted to do with me, but they stuffed me in that bag and were trying to take me away." She tries to get up again, and while she grimaces in pain, she is able to at least get back up on her feet and walk forwards a little bit.

"Can you please help me? I'm not sure how far I'll be able to walk. I think they banged me up pretty bad. Bastards didn't have to kick me like that." She seems rather unsteady on her feet, and even if your Grumpig was able to deal with most of the surface injuries, the possibility of deeper, inner injuries weighs on the back of your mind.

What will you do?
In as far as his plan to get her away from the thugs goes, Jeri would call it a success, having found a nice, secluded area to tend to the girl's wounds, at least as much as he could with his limited resources. However, they were far from out of the woods yet - Isa, in his self-sacrificing nature, wouldn't be able to manage another Softboiled, and the one he did manage was only enough to deal with her external injuries. She still needed some proper help and medical attention, which they would likely need to seek somewhere outside of this ruined mall. The safest way out of here was likely by air, but he was a little underprepared in that front. He had brought one Flying Pokémon, Nimbus the Altaria, but the bird would not likely be able to carry them both. Unsure of what to do still, he released Nimbus from his ball, the bird cooing gently upon appearing.

"Okay, well, we need to get you some actual help, and get you out of here," Jeri told the girl, "Since you can't walk, our next best bet is to airlift you out of here."

Turning back towards Duskull, he motioned for the ghost to return, before turning to the tired Isa.

"Okay, guys, both of you try your best to get her onto Nimbus with your Psychic, but be gentle. And then Nimbus, let's try to get her out of here. I'll follow on foot as best I can, but for the time being just try to get her out of here. If she starts to slip again, don't be afraid to use Heal Bell."

He turned to the girl - "Don't worry, we'll get you somewhere safe. I'm Jeri, by the way."
Member Post

Old 07-16-2017, 02:17 AM   #237
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa- The grunt is somewhat compliant after facing the torturous tickles of Scurvy. However you were only just getting started, there was still plenty more for this canary to sing. You instruct Scurvy to begin his tickles once more, but as soon as he moves in the grunt pleads at him to stop, the Aipom surely was effective.

"No no no, no more tickling please I beg you, I will tell you what you want to know. I guess if you could get yourself up onto the roof you could get in through the vents, that is the only way you are going to get in without conflict. Impossible to know who is there at any one time, there is normal two guards at the front door and another that patrols the surrounding area, all armed with guns and Pokemon. I heard this morning that the warehouse was broken into last night, don't know if they caught anyone though. If they caught someone they could be holding them anywhere. I'm only a low level grunt, I'm not privy to that much information. I told you everything you wanted to know, let me go now!"

You smile at the grunts request, a quick instruction to Venu sees the Ivysaur's bulb blossom slightly as he leaks out a glistening powder. The grunt tries to hold his breathe to stop himself from breathing it in, but Scurvy gives him a light tickle on the foot, causing him to inhale the powder as he laughs in pain. Venu holds him tight for a couple of minutes until the powder sets in and he falls asleep, the poor bloke would need a bed. You instruct Venu to toss him into a nearby dumpster, which he happily does with a whip of his vines.

You recall both your Pokemon for now and follow the grunts directions, slinking through the streets you make your way towards the warehouse. You identify the building as soon as you see the two Ribs standing guard out the front. There was no sign of the third guard for now, but it is likely that he is patrolling the area. A quick assessment of the building reveals no fire escapes however a nearby building does have one. The roofs of the two buildings are fairly level and both are flat.

Scurvy gained 2 levels, Venu gained 1 level
Gary grinned as the grunt instantly caved before Scurvy’s tickle torture could resume. It was much more effective than he had thought. He listened intently as the grunt mentioned the vents on the roof of the building as a potential security breech that he could abuse. At the mention of armed guards at the front door as well as a patrolling guard, Gary shuddered, not wanting to stare down the barrel of a gun again for a very long time. He thanked the grunt for the information and then watched as Venu put the grunt to sleep and lifted him into the dumpster.

After thanking both Scurvy and Venu for their hard work, Gary returned both of them to their Pokeballs and made his way down the street towards the warehouse. He continued to sneak about in the shadows, because it was important that he wasn’t spotted the closer and closer he got to his destination. Soon enough, he found it as the two posted guards were a dead giveaway. The patrolling grunt was nowhere to be found, so he would have to be extra vigilant to not cross paths with him.

Gary surveyed the exterior of the warehouse, but as his luck would have it, there were no ladders or fire escapes he could use to scale the building. Fortunately, there was a fire escape on the next building over, and a quick glance up showed that the rooftops of the two buildings were fairly level. Gary took a quick peek around to make sure no guards were coming his way and then began climbing up the scaffolding as quietly as he could. Once he got to the top, he would look around for something that he could use as a makeshift bridge to cross rooftops, but if that didn’t work, he could always use one of his Pokemon to Fly him across.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 07-16-2017, 09:43 AM   #238
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Medmana- With the Gothita and Gloria both seemingly struggling with confusion, you spur Nadie on, this wasn't an opportunity you could afford to waste. The crowd rested on the edge of their seats, this battle could still go either way. Nadie seems bent on victory, she hasn't put in all this effort just to come out second best. Her eyes ignite with psychic energy as she releases a wave of energy towards the Gothita, who shrugs off the hit like it is nothing. However the attack fulfills its purpose, the Gothita would now feel the full extent of the Woobat's Assurance. A dark aura surrounds Nadie, it grows and grows, fueled by the pain of the Gothita. The Woobat hurdles towards the Gothita, fully intending to put an end to this battle with one final strike. She slams into the Gothita, sending it tumbling backwards as a cry rings out from both it and its trainer. Gloria drops to her knees as the Gothita lies flat on its back, however the two soon rise in unison. It seems that while the Assurance was strengthened due to Nadie already inflicting damage, the reduction in the Woobat's attack blunted the move enough that the Gothita was able to hold on. The pain also seems to have cleared the mind of Gothita and her trainer, both now clear on their goal. Both grin as the Gothita crackles with electricity once more, taking aim it lets loose another Thunderbolt. This one finds its mark as Nadie arcs around through the air. The Woobat screeches in pain as she is rattled to the core. She plummets from the air, for a moment it looks like she has met her end. Just before she crashes into the sand she regains her composure, beating her wings just in time to avoid the crash.

Both Psychic types stared at each other with fiery passion, this was going to be the final exchange, they knew it, you knew it, the crowd knew it. Dark energy began to swirl around both of them, Nadie intent on assuring victory while the Gothita seems intent on Payback. Nadie flies low to the ground as the Gothita rushes at her, the attacks were going to collide. The darkness grows around both of them before they finally collide in an explosion of energy which masks the arena in a veil of sand. The crowd gasps and rises to its feet, all eager to see which of the two Psychic Pokemon came out on top. As the sand settles both Pokemon are resting in the sand, barely moving. Nadie tries desperately to beat her wings but fails to muster the strength. Likewise, the Gothita rests on its hands unable to get back to its feet. Members of the crowd look to each other in astonishment, both Pokemon seemed unable to continue. Even the announcer seems unsure of what to do, it seems this result is one that they have not seen before. Madame Marsh soon appears behind the announcer, pulling him by the scruff of his next she seems to instruct him on what to do.

Nadie gained 3 levels

"Well ladies and gentlemen, it seems that we have a draw! Since this can not be classified as a win or a loss, this outcome will result in a change of proceedings. Both trainers will be allowed an opportunity to achieve a final victory, however they will be forced to do so not as opponents but as partners!" The crowd roars, it seems Madame Marsh's idea was popular. "We will have a short break before the final battle of the evening, we advise you to stick around for what could be one of the most exciting matches to take place here."

While the announcer has been detailing your fate, Madame Marsh has made her way down into the arena, her Magneton still hangs close to her. The bracelet on your wrist suddenly surges with electricity and it appears Gloria is facing a similar torment. Both of you quickly recall your Pokemon and hold onto the Pokeballs as tightly as you can. "Relax ladies", murmurs Madam Marsh, "you can keep your Pokemon for now." You both feel a little at easy as the bracelets stop zapping you and you are allowed to keep your Pokemon, but you knew Madame Marsh must have her reasons. "You will be returned to your cells, I need about an hour to organise things. You're lucky I was able to think of a solution, otherwise things could have ended badly for the both of you. A high ranking admin for both the Ribs and Shells will be coming to witness your next match, if you two can manage to win then you will be granted the opportunity to join one of the gangs, goodluck." Madame Marsh storms off to go about her business while a pair of guards lead Gloria and yourself back to the holding cells.

Your forced back into your cell while Gloria is placed into one across from you. One of the guards leave while the other takes a seat at the end of the room, next to the door leading into the Pokemon storage room. Your standing in your cell when suddenly your head begins to ache, then you hear a voice.

"Ami we need to work together now", the voice was soft and feminine. You look across at Gloria, this was obviously her. "I know why you are here, why haven't you called for back up yet? I apologise for being so ruthless, I am here for a similar reason. My parents were killed by the Shells when I was five, they were psychics as well and the Shells wanted to use them for their power. I need to get inside their organisation so that I can tear them down from the inside. You were standing in my way but now it seems we must stand together, but I fear we face a powerful threat, we are going to need help." It seems that Gloria had her own reasons for being here. Suddenly something hits you in the side of the head, a small pebble. You turn in the direction it came from, poking his head around the corner is Jacob. "Who is that?" Gloria questions.

(Nadie is severely weakened and will need to be healed before she is able to battle again)

Sandaa- Faced with a dilemma of how to get into the warehouse without getting taken down by the guards, you are glad to find a way to scale one of the neighbouring buildings. Moving quietly you make your way up the fire escape, being careful not to make any unnecessary noise. The building is five stories high, by the time you reach the roof you find yourself with a nice vantage point. Keeping low in case someone happened to spot you, you make your way across the roof to the side that runs parallel to the warehouse. Unfortunately the gap seemed to far to simply jump, a fall from this height would likely result in death, something you were not too keen on meeting. Searching around the roof you find a large collection of wooden planks, it seemed like they had been collected by someone. A quick look through the pile results in you finding a nice broad blank that seemed to be long enough to bridge the gap between the two buildings. Cautiously you place the plank across, it just manages to reach.

Checking to make sure that no one was coming, you slowly lift yourself up onto the ledge and begin to cross. The board creaks as you cautiously make your way across, whether it was going to hold your weight was questionable. You praise Arceus when you finally reach the other side, quickly pulling the board in behind you to cover your tracks. You're making your way towards the vent when suddenly you hear the click of a pistol and stop in your tracks. A man emerges from behind the vent, holding a small glock in his right hand while his left arm hangs by his side. His sleeve is stained red from blood, you can see a bullet wound in his left shoulder. The man appeared to be a couple of years your senior, his brown hair was cut short and his face was masked with stubble. He wasn't dressed like the Ribs you had seen and his gun hand trembled. "Who are you? Are you one of them? Stay still or I swear I will shoot you."

Old 07-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #239
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Medmana- With the Gothita and Gloria both seemingly struggling with confusion, you spur Nadie on, this wasn't an opportunity you could afford to waste. The crowd rested on the edge of their seats, this battle could still go either way. Nadie seems bent on victory, she hasn't put in all this effort just to come out second best. Her eyes ignite with psychic energy as she releases a wave of energy towards the Gothita, who shrugs off the hit like it is nothing. However the attack fulfills its purpose, the Gothita would now feel the full extent of the Woobat's Assurance. A dark aura surrounds Nadie, it grows and grows, fueled by the pain of the Gothita. The Woobat hurdles towards the Gothita, fully intending to put an end to this battle with one final strike. She slams into the Gothita, sending it tumbling backwards as a cry rings out from both it and its trainer. Gloria drops to her knees as the Gothita lies flat on its back, however the two soon rise in unison. It seems that while the Assurance was strengthened due to Nadie already inflicting damage, the reduction in the Woobat's attack blunted the move enough that the Gothita was able to hold on. The pain also seems to have cleared the mind of Gothita and her trainer, both now clear on their goal. Both grin as the Gothita crackles with electricity once more, taking aim it lets loose another Thunderbolt. This one finds its mark as Nadie arcs around through the air. The Woobat screeches in pain as she is rattled to the core. She plummets from the air, for a moment it looks like she has met her end. Just before she crashes into the sand she regains her composure, beating her wings just in time to avoid the crash.

Both Psychic types stared at each other with fiery passion, this was going to be the final exchange, they knew it, you knew it, the crowd knew it. Dark energy began to swirl around both of them, Nadie intent on assuring victory while the Gothita seems intent on Payback. Nadie flies low to the ground as the Gothita rushes at her, the attacks were going to collide. The darkness grows around both of them before they finally collide in an explosion of energy which masks the arena in a veil of sand. The crowd gasps and rises to its feet, all eager to see which of the two Psychic Pokemon came out on top. As the sand settles both Pokemon are resting in the sand, barely moving. Nadie tries desperately to beat her wings but fails to muster the strength. Likewise, the Gothita rests on its hands unable to get back to its feet. Members of the crowd look to each other in astonishment, both Pokemon seemed unable to continue. Even the announcer seems unsure of what to do, it seems this result is one that they have not seen before. Madame Marsh soon appears behind the announcer, pulling him by the scruff of his next she seems to instruct him on what to do.

Nadie gained 3 levels

"Well ladies and gentlemen, it seems that we have a draw! Since this can not be classified as a win or a loss, this outcome will result in a change of proceedings. Both trainers will be allowed an opportunity to achieve a final victory, however they will be forced to do so not as opponents but as partners!" The crowd roars, it seems Madame Marsh's idea was popular. "We will have a short break before the final battle of the evening, we advise you to stick around for what could be one of the most exciting matches to take place here."

While the announcer has been detailing your fate, Madame Marsh has made her way down into the arena, her Magneton still hangs close to her. The bracelet on your wrist suddenly surges with electricity and it appears Gloria is facing a similar torment. Both of you quickly recall your Pokemon and hold onto the Pokeballs as tightly as you can. "Relax ladies", murmurs Madam Marsh, "you can keep your Pokemon for now." You both feel a little at easy as the bracelets stop zapping you and you are allowed to keep your Pokemon, but you knew Madame Marsh must have her reasons. "You will be returned to your cells, I need about an hour to organise things. You're lucky I was able to think of a solution, otherwise things could have ended badly for the both of you. A high ranking admin for both the Ribs and Shells will be coming to witness your next match, if you two can manage to win then you will be granted the opportunity to join one of the gangs, goodluck." Madame Marsh storms off to go about her business while a pair of guards lead Gloria and yourself back to the holding cells.

Your forced back into your cell while Gloria is placed into one across from you. One of the guards leave while the other takes a seat at the end of the room, next to the door leading into the Pokemon storage room. Your standing in your cell when suddenly your head begins to ache, then you hear a voice.

"Ami we need to work together now", the voice was soft and feminine. You look across at Gloria, this was obviously her. "I know why you are here, why haven't you called for back up yet? I apologise for being so ruthless, I am here for a similar reason. My parents were killed by the Shells when I was five, they were psychics as well and the Shells wanted to use them for their power. I need to get inside their organisation so that I can tear them down from the inside. You were standing in my way but now it seems we must stand together, but I fear we face a powerful threat, we are going to need help." It seems that Gloria had her own reasons for being here. Suddenly something hits you in the side of the head, a small pebble. You turn in the direction it came from, poking his head around the corner is Jacob. "Who is that?" Gloria questions.

(Nadie is severely weakened and will need to be healed before she is able to battle again)
Well, that turned out to be a big mess. Thankfully, her opponent had decided to end the match with an attack that wouldn't turn Nadie into a horrid-smelling charcoal briquette, but that didn't exactly change the fact that he technically lost. Sure, the gothita technically lost as well, but...Ami couldn't help but feel that they'd both be stripped of the pokemon the organizers knew about and removed. Yes, she had already planned for that to happen, but it really put a damper on her success at taking her enemy down...

*Nadie was elevated from Lv. 13 to Lv. 16!*
*Nadie learned Heart Stamp!*

The moments leading up to Madame Marsh's verdict were tense for everyone involved, since not even the guy in the unpleasant mask knew how the situation would be handled. Finally, the announcer declared how the pair's fate will roll out. Both girls would be allowed to continue with through the ranks "not as opponents but as partners." Ami's heart skipped a beat- this could very well be the worst turn of events for her yet! She had chosen her last pokemon to keep other people off her tail when she tried to break back in, not to battle in the tournament! And to have a Hoenn-style double battle now, when her one pokemon with Helping Hand was out of commission... talk about bad luck. The only way this could be worse was if Gloria had no pokemon remaining- the other girl's face gave no indication one way or the other, unfortunately. That was probably a good sign. Maybe.

Another zap on the wrist, another trip to the cells. Madame Marsh had been nice enough to put the two across the hall from each other- she probably thought they wouldn't talk to each other anyway, given how pissed Ami got during the match and how quiet Gloria was in general. It wasn't exactly an unfair assessment, though the other girl had plans of her own.

Ami decided it would be best to assume that Gloria was already scanning her thoughts, seeing as the girl was projecting her own. Might as well keep up the illusion, right? 'I haven't called in yet because I haven't found much to report yet,' she started to answer the first question. 'That, and I had a backup plan in case I lost to fall back on. Looks like I won't be needing it now, though.' She stretched her arm, seemingly out of boredom, and let Bell's pokeball roll down her hoodie. She then quickly snatched the orb up and stuffed it in her front pocket with the rest of her pokemon. This girl, aside from having a level of power that Chroma was certain to be a little jealous of, had far more of a reason to do this than she had, which only increased the burden. Now that Ami knew the freaky girl's motivation, it was even more in her best interest to ensure that the final battle was won. 'You have a point. Now that it's been confirmed that a leader from both gangs are here, I should send in a call...'

While she still knew the general area of the Arceus-forsaken call sequin, it would have to wait- a new complication had decided to show his face again. "Jakob, what are you doing here?" Ami asked as quietly, yet loud enough for him to hear, as she could manage. He had been helpful before, yes, but a man with no pokemon wasn't exactly the greatest person to have in a cell bloc filled with nervous wannabe thugs, either.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:29 PM   #240
deoxys
Fog Badge

((OOC: Saix, Balmund, your updates are coming soon, promise - TKF and I need to do a little RFing in his adventure to get him some things synced up chronologically. Thanks for your patience.))

TheKnightsFury - [Update Music]

A twinkle of light from the darkness of the tunnel was the only warning you had. Your instantaneous reaction might very well have saved your life. Had you been just a few milliseconds quicker, however, you most likely would have been able to save yourself the slicing pain the erupted across your cheek. Whatever it was was sent your way with a killing intent - you should be thankful that a gash across your face was all that the assault had amounted to.

The Detective noticed it as well. Despite being less agile, he was able to duck and cover behind a large cement block. His Druddigon smashed its fists through the air with precision, knocking the projectiles away and instantly going on the defensive.

“Get the fuck down!” Ehrmantraut called, reaching into his trench coat and producing a small firearm. He revealed ammunition between his fingers and began sliding bullets into the barrel of his gun. “Keep your eyes peeled for Ribs!”

After giving commands from behind cover yourself, Spartacus leapt through the canyon, sweeping the area for anyone who might be lurking within the darkness. Atalanta took to the air to scout for intruders, preparing to hunt down and expose them as you had ordered. The Rowlet began to fly toward the tunnel, when another Razor Leaf flew out of the darkness right for her, much like darts tearing through the air. The Rowlet swiftly dodged the incoming attack, barrel-rolling mid-air only to face none other than her attacker, directly behind her - a Dartrix, who immediately caught her off guard with a surprising Astonish. Taken completely by surprise, the Rowlet flinched, and the Dartrix immediately followed up with a point-blank Mega Kick to Atalanta’s chest, slamming the Grass Quill Pokemon into the ground. She looked upward to face her attacker, recoiling in pain from the sudden blast to her chest. The Dartrix showed no signs of stopping, as it immediately attempted dive bomb through the air to attack the Rowlet with a Fury Attack. Atalanta rolled over, causing the reckless attack from the Dartrix to fail as it collided with the cracked concrete where Atalanta had been laying.

The Rowlet took to the air and began flapping her wings furiously, producing a vicious Ominous Wind. A repulsive, purple wind immediately filled the chasm, twisting into a small cyclone that concentrated its energy directly onto the Dartrix. The Dartrix rolled on its back and opened its eyes, staring directly at Atalanta as she hovered above. It spread its wings open, producing what appeared to be balls of light from its plumage. The Confuse Ray lifted into the air and surrounded the Rowlet, encircling her body before dissipating in a sparkle. She seemed to become dizzy, as she began to spiral downward when the Dartrix bolted into the air and Sucker Punched the Rowlet into the wall, catching her off guard as she prepared to attack. The Rowlet tried to Peck her target in retaliation, only for the move to falter, causing Atalanta to peck her own wing. The Dartrix leapt backward into the air and promptly flung four Razor Leaf blade quills into Rowlet’s spread wings, pinning her to the wall.

As the Dartrix readied to follow up the exposed Rowlet with a Pluck, or perhaps a Fury Attack, something strange began to happen. The glowing you had noticed earlier within her feathers had become more noticeable, as Atalanta’s wings were now pulsating a glowing light that alternated with her now glowing bowtie-like leaves. She didn’t look like she could keep up much longer, and the enemy Dartrix seemed to always be one step ahead of her in terms of its prowess and skill. Was Atalanta at her limit?
Old 07-16-2017, 06:36 PM   #241
Patches
Shake it!

Quote:
Patches- Still cautious of the situation, you give Rika the go ahead to drink from the pool of water. As the Espeon steadily laps the crystal clear water, you search the room for a broom to sweep up the shards of glass that could potentially harm Rika if she was to step on them. Eventually you find one tucked into an old cupboard but as you turn around to begin sweeping, something strange begins to happen. The shards of glass begin to lift off the ground. By instinct you look to Rika, the Espeon is facing you, here eyes ignited with psychic energy, her tail raised towards the ceiling. Every hair on her body seems to be raised and she appears to have no control of her actions as the glass begins to swirl around you. You can barely keep your eyes on her as the storm of glass intensifies, surprisingly the glass doesn't get close enough to cut you. Suddenly a flash of energy causes the storm to stop, the glass fuses together, trapping you in a stain glass case. You watch as Rika walks out of the room, all she leaves is a trail of wet foot prints behind her.

You pound desperately on the glass but it doesn't even shake, thankfully there was a little room inside the case for you to move freely. Suddenly you hear screeching as a message is scratched into the glass before your eyes.

A power grows to rival ours, test your bond to become our champion and taste power unimaginable. But first you must escape this case for which you need the key.

The glass shimmers and the first passage fades, only to be followed by another which is much more cryptic.

I am not alive, but I grow. I don't have lungs, but I need air. I don't have a mouth, but water kills me.

With Rika possessed by a strange power, it seemed you had no choice but to find your way out of the stain glass case and pursue her. However it seemed like there were greater forces at work here and for some reason you were now a part of their plans.
Patches stands there, broom in hand, watching Rika as the glass shards are lifted and begin to swirl around her. The only thing she is thinking at first is how sweet Rika is for helping. The glass then fuses around her so that now she is trapped inside of a stain glass case. After watching Rika walk out of the room she takes a moment to process. ‘Well I’m glad that Rika helped. I guess I won’t be needing this broom anymore.’ She thinks as she places the broom down, leaning the handle against the corner of the case. Now she begins to look around herself and finally notices that she is now surrounded by glass walls on all sides. “Um, Rika?” She says but of course there is no response. She walks up to one of the walls and pounds on it a bit but it’s clear it isn’t going to budge. ‘Well I suppose I’ll just have to wait here for now. Once Rika realizes she left me behind she’ll come back.’

Once she was prepared to make herself comfortable that’s when a loud screeching sound begins to emanate from the wall in front of her. “A power grows to rival ours, test your bond to become our champion and taste power unimaginable. But first you must escape this case for which you need the key.” Patches reads the words that are written in front of her. At least, she reads some of them and ignores the rest. “I must escape this case? Oh, I get it now! Rika is trying to cheer me up by playing a game! Oh, this is going to be fun!” She is getting very excited now and watches as the words vanish before her eyes and are quickly replaced. “I am not alive, but I grow. I don’t have lungs, but I need air. I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me.” She doesn’t bother reading these yet and reaches into her bag pulling out a pokeball and presses the button releasing a Pikachu. “Hey Mio! Since you and Rika are really close I figured you’d want to play too! Rika is making a game for us right now and we need to find our way out of this case!” She enthusiastically explains the ‘game’ to Mio who is only half listening as she cautiously glances around.

Mio can sense that there is something very off and figures that this is another one of Patches’ misunderstandings. All she feels right now is relief that she was brought out because she can see that she’s going to need to keep an eye on things from here. “Alright Mio. I think the instructions are written right here.” Patches says as she points to the words. Mio climbs up her body and across her arm in order to get a closer look. “I don’t really understand what this thing is trying to say but I really want to see what Rika is going to do next so maybe you should just use a Thunderbolt and see what happens?” After Patches finishes announcing her idea, Mio shudders at the thought of using her electricity in this tiny little box and chooses to ignore Patches. Instead, she runs up her arm and down to her bag, she climbs inside and grabs one of the pokeballs that are inside it herself, releasing Kei the Charmander. “Oh! Hi there Kei! I guess you wanted Kei to play this game too, huh Mio?” Patches is perfectly fine with having more friends to play the game and doesn’t seem to question Mio’s actions. Kei is standing there shaking with fear as he looks around the room through the glass. He is very much not ok with being outside of his pokeball in this place and even attempts to grab his ball out of Mio’s hands in order to return himself but she is too fast and climbs on top of Patches’ head where he can’t reach her. “Pika piii chu chu pika pikachu.” While staying put on top of Patches’ head she seems to be explaining the situation to Kei. After hearing her out, Kei proceeds to turn around while still shaking. He turns his head up toward Mio one last time and lets out a worried “Char?” and Mio just responds with a nod. Kei then takes a few deep breaths before finally doing what Mio told him to do. He quickly cloaks his entire body in flames and then begins to charge full speed toward the glass in order to hit it with a Flame Wheel.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-17-2017, 12:16 AM   #242
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
((OOC: Saix, Balmund, your updates are coming soon, promise - TKF and I need to do a little RFing in his adventure to get him some things synced up chronologically. Thanks for your patience.))

TheKnightsFury - [Update Music]

A twinkle of light from the darkness of the tunnel was the only warning you had. Your instantaneous reaction might very well have saved your life. Had you been just a few milliseconds quicker, however, you most likely would have been able to save yourself the slicing pain the erupted across your cheek. Whatever it was was sent your way with a killing intent - you should be thankful that a gash across your face was all that the assault had amounted to.

The Detective noticed it as well. Despite being less agile, he was able to duck and cover behind a large cement block. His Druddigon smashed its fists through the air with precision, knocking the projectiles away and instantly going on the defensive.

“Get the fuck down!” Ehrmantraut called, reaching into his trench coat and producing a small firearm. He revealed ammunition between his fingers and began sliding bullets into the barrel of his gun. “Keep your eyes peeled for Ribs!”

After giving commands from behind cover yourself, Spartacus leapt through the canyon, sweeping the area for anyone who might be lurking within the darkness. Atalanta took to the air to scout for intruders, preparing to hunt down and expose them as you had ordered. The Rowlet began to fly toward the tunnel, when another Razor Leaf flew out of the darkness right for her, much like darts tearing through the air. The Rowlet swiftly dodged the incoming attack, barrel-rolling mid-air only to face none other than her attacker, directly behind her - a Dartrix, who immediately caught her off guard with a surprising Astonish. Taken completely by surprise, the Rowlet flinched, and the Dartrix immediately followed up with a point-blank Mega Kick to Atalanta’s chest, slamming the Grass Quill Pokemon into the ground. She looked upward to face her attacker, recoiling in pain from the sudden blast to her chest. The Dartrix showed no signs of stopping, as it immediately attempted dive bomb through the air to attack the Rowlet with a Fury Attack. Atalanta rolled over, causing the reckless attack from the Dartrix to fail as it collided with the cracked concrete where Atalanta had been laying.

The Rowlet took to the air and began flapping her wings furiously, producing a vicious Ominous Wind. A repulsive, purple wind immediately filled the chasm, twisting into a small cyclone that concentrated its energy directly onto the Dartrix. The Dartrix rolled on its back and opened its eyes, staring directly at Atalanta as she hovered above. It spread its wings open, producing what appeared to be balls of light from its plumage. The Confuse Ray lifted into the air and surrounded the Rowlet, encircling her body before dissipating in a sparkle. She seemed to become dizzy, as she began to spiral downward when the Dartrix bolted into the air and Sucker Punched the Rowlet into the wall, catching her off guard as she prepared to attack. The Rowlet tried to Peck her target in retaliation, only for the move to falter, causing Atalanta to peck her own wing. The Dartrix leapt backward into the air and promptly flung four Razor Leaf blade quills into Rowlet’s spread wings, pinning her to the wall.

As the Dartrix readied to follow up the exposed Rowlet with a Pluck, or perhaps a Fury Attack, something strange began to happen. The glowing you had noticed earlier within her feathers had become more noticeable, as Atalanta’s wings were now pulsating a glowing light that alternated with her now glowing bowtie-like leaves. She didn’t look like she could keep up much longer, and the enemy Dartrix seemed to always be one step ahead of her in terms of its prowess and skill. Was Atalanta at her limit?

Jayson's hand clung to his face, trying to keep pressure on the laceration he had received, courtesy of their crazed Dartrix assailant. The owl was ruthless and seemingly in a frenzy. One moment it was throwing out uncontrollable power with limited precision, the next it was landing precise and decisive strikes. Nethertheless it had Atalanta flustered, she was unable to keep up with the speed and power of her evolved form. To make matters worse she was now confused, even if she tried to fight back there was now a chance it would backfire. He would have to keep his orders simple, she would need clarity if she was going to overcome the condition. Her whole body was beginning to glow now, Jayson had considered the possibility, but now he was certain of it, Atalanta was beginning to evolve. If this fight continued to push her too her limits the evolution would surely trigger, perhaps giving them a fighting chance.

"Listen to me Atalanta", shouts Jayson at the top of his lungs. "Embrace the power, don't give up, Peck those quills out of your wings. You have to blow it away from you with another Ominous Wind, then follow up with a Smack Down", Jayson hoped that inhibiting the Dartrix's flight would give them an advantage. "Follow up and keep Pecking it, don't hold back" Jayson hoped his orders were simple enough for her to comprehend through her confusion, she would at least need to land the Smack Down if they were going to stand a chance.

Jayson looked around the Spartacus, the Scyther was still out searching, hopefully he would be able to locate the Dartix's trainer. Drawing his sword, Jayson made his way out of cover in pursuit of the Scyther, if they could get to the trainer they might just be able to stop the Dartrix before it can finish Atalanta. "Ehrmantraut we need to locate our attacker, I will go this way with Spartacus, you and Druddigon flank around from the other side!"

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 07-17-2017 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:35 AM   #243
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa- Faced with a dilemma of how to get into the warehouse without getting taken down by the guards, you are glad to find a way to scale one of the neighbouring buildings. Moving quietly you make your way up the fire escape, being careful not to make any unnecessary noise. The building is five stories high, by the time you reach the roof you find yourself with a nice vantage point. Keeping low in case someone happened to spot you, you make your way across the roof to the side that runs parallel to the warehouse. Unfortunately the gap seemed to far to simply jump, a fall from this height would likely result in death, something you were not too keen on meeting. Searching around the roof you find a large collection of wooden planks, it seemed like they had been collected by someone. A quick look through the pile results in you finding a nice broad blank that seemed to be long enough to bridge the gap between the two buildings. Cautiously you place the plank across, it just manages to reach.

Checking to make sure that no one was coming, you slowly lift yourself up onto the ledge and begin to cross. The board creaks as you cautiously make your way across, whether it was going to hold your weight was questionable. You praise Arceus when you finally reach the other side, quickly pulling the board in behind you to cover your tracks. You're making your way towards the vent when suddenly you hear the click of a pistol and stop in your tracks. A man emerges from behind the vent, holding a small glock in his right hand while his left arm hangs by his side. His sleeve is stained red from blood, you can see a bullet wound in his left shoulder. The man appeared to be a couple of years your senior, his brown hair was cut short and his face was masked with stubble. He wasn't dressed like the Ribs you had seen and his gun hand trembled. "Who are you? Are you one of them? Stay still or I swear I will shoot you."
Making his way up five stories of fire escape, Gary carefully and quietly made it to the roof of the neighboring building. Once at the top, he looked around to assess the terrain, and thankfully enough he was able to find a pile of wooden planks that would fit the exact purpose he had intended for them. “Well, that’s convenient,” he mumbled to himself before sliding an especially long plank across the gap to connect the two rooftops.

Gary slowly crawled across the wooden plank, less afraid of the height he was at, but more afraid of the sturdiness of the plank instead. Thankfully for him, he had a slender frame and a nimble body, so he made it across without too much issue. He then pulled the plank onto the roof to hide any evidence that could be spotted from the ground level. Taking a minute to let what he had just done sink in, Gary let out a deep sigh. He had done far more death defying acts today than he was regularly accustomed to, and the hard part had yet to come.

As he made his way towards the vent, Gary heard a clicking sound that he never heard in real life before, but had heard it enough on television and in the movies to recognize it in a heartbeat. He slowly held his hands up in the air to his sides to show he was unarmed and slowly turned around. His heart was beating insanely fast by now, and he began to wonder if he had in fact pushed his luck too far. However, as Gary spotted the armed man who stepped out of the shadows, a few things began to click into place in his mind.

For starters, the man was not dressed like a Ribs member. His clothes were tattered and bloody, and his overall disheveled appearance showed that he probably wasn’t staked out up here on normal circumstances. There was also the gathering of planks on the other rooftop, which meant that someone else likely had tried to cross to this roof before as well. Finally, he saw the man’s hand was shaking, showing that he was nervous and not used to this kind of situation, not that Gary was either. As the man bombarded Gary with questions, he slowly gestured his index finger to his lips. “Shh, they might hear us,” he began, hedging his bets that this man was probably one of the disgruntled homeowners and could possibly be Jenny’s father. “I’m on your side,” he continued in a whisper, “There’s a little girl who is missing her father, and I’m here to look for him.”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 07-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #244
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Medmana- You are about to report in with the Marshals when Jacob pokes his head around the corner, the concerned trainer had managed to find his way into the tunnels. Gloria soon realizes that Jacob is a friend and quickly patches him into your telepathic conversation, creating for all intents and purposes a mental group chat. It takes Jacob a moment to realize what is going on, but eventually he gets a grasp of the situation.

"I had to find my way down here Ami, I have information you need to know", you can hear the concern in Jacob's thoughts, what had he found out? "I knew Madame Marsh had to be up to something so I tailed her and eavesdropped on a phone call she made. She doesn't intend for the two of you to win the next match, instead she plans to have you beaten so that she can take your Pokemon. You saw that couple sitting on the podium right? They are your opponents, Nikolai and Valeriya Petrov. I heard about them by talking to members of the crowd, these aren't your average thugs. They are a mercenary power couple, they show allegiance to neither gang, they simply take pleasure in committing atrocities for money. They are from the Unova region, apparently their families were powerful and rivals to boot, much like the Shells and Ribs. Their families didn't approve of their love, so do you know what they did? They murdered them all, their own families. Now they work for whoever throws the most money at them and Madame Marsh just threw a tonne of cash at them to defeat you." It appears that this next battle wasn't going to be favourable for Gloria and yourself, but what could you do about it?

"We need to be prepared for the eventuality that we lose", Gloria chimes in, you can sense she is unnerved by this news. "I have one more Pokemon at my disposal, an Inkay, he will do his best but if this couple is as ruthless as Jacob describes then I am afraid we are in trouble. Madame Marsh has control of us as long as we have these bracelets on, we need a way to get them off. That way if we lose we still have a chance to escape."

"Ami did you find where they are holding the Pokemon? If we can find my partner I'm sure he can get you out of those bracelets. That also means that if worse comes to worse I can come to your aid."

With the upcoming battle looking unfavourable for you, it seemed like now was the time think ahead and prepare for every possibility.

Patches- While the situation you are stuck in would have most trainers panicking and pondering their demise, you retain your positive happy-go-lucky mindset. Rika was likely just playing around, trying to cheer you up because she knew that this town was starting to get you down. She was even nice enough to make puzzles for you! You release Mio from her Pokeball, however the Pikachu reacts quite differently from you. Her ears twitch around, she can sense something is seriously off balance. Climbing up to a better vantage point, Mio reads over the riddle that has been scratched into the glass. As you suggest that she gives it a Thunderbolt to test it out, she shoots you a concerned yet judging look, what the hell were you thinking? No, the Pikachu knew better than to mess around with this, they had to tread with caution. Instead Mio elects to search through your bag, eventually finding what she was looking for. She presses the button on the front of the Pokeball, a red flash soon fades to reveal Kei the Charmander. Mio either wanted a friend to play with or she had a hunch, however the Charmander isn't exactly excited. He shakes in fear, this place, the energy was shaking his very soul. He tries to wrestle his Pokeball from Mio's hands but the Pikachu quickly scampers atop your head. The two seem to have a quick discussion, with Kei finally realizing why the Pikachu had called on his aid.

Kei begins to surround himself in flames, you give him a little space to avoid being seared. He then charges straight into the glass, bouncing straight back off it to land on his rump. For a moment it looks like Mio and Kei's plan was a failure, but then you notice the flames have ignited the glass. The flames suddenly change to a deep purple and spread around the entire case, to your surprise the flames aren't hot. In a matter of moments the entire case is disintegrated, leaving a fine, shimmering powder on the ground. You were now free from the case but Rika was nowhere to be seen, why would she run off by herself?

Kei gained 1 level

Sandaa- Despite facing the barrel of a gun for the second time today, you manage to remain composed. You assess the situation, this man didn't seem to be a gang member and seemed to be rather battered. If this man was on the roof there was a fair chance he was responsible for the stockpile of wood on the roof of the neighbouring building. Finally, the man's nerves reflected his unfamiliarity, he had no intention of hurting you, not unless he had to. When he starts questioning you, you slowly move your finger in front of your mouth to shush him. If you were too loud than your position would be compromised and both of you would get caught. Whispering, you answer the man's questions and he slowly lowers the gun.

"You're talking about Jenny right? Grant's little girl? Grant was with us, with me, until our heist got busted. We were fed false information, we were told that their was no alarm system but as soon as we pulled a Pokeball off the shelf the whole place went into lockdown and we found ourselves trapped. We were pinned down under heavy fire, we made it back to the vent but I got hit. The others lifted me up into the vent, my wife is pregnant, she is due in about a month. The others were willing to get captured if it meant that I could escape." The man pockets the pistol and shuffles over to shake your hand. "My name is Chad, I assume Jenny is alright? I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't leave her without her father, we need to find him and the others." Chad digs into his pocket before producing a Pokeball and a map. "This is the one Pokeball we managed to snag, I'm no experienced trainer and have no idea what Pokemon it is but if push comes to shove I guess I could use it. If you're looking for Grant then I am coming with you, I think I have worked out where they are being held." Chad spreads the map out on the ground, it was a map of this part of the city. The warehouse you were currently on was circle in black marker. "Over here, I could hear them talking through the vents when they got captured, they made reference to this place, an old video arcade." The arcade was across the other side of district, it would be hard to get there without being seen. "I advise that we wait till dark, we will have a much easier time staying hidden then. So are we going to do this or what?"

Old 07-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #245
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Medmana- You are about to report in with the Marshals when Jacob pokes his head around the corner, the concerned trainer had managed to find his way into the tunnels. Gloria soon realizes that Jacob is a friend and quickly patches him into your telepathic conversation, creating for all intents and purposes a mental group chat. It takes Jacob a moment to realize what is going on, but eventually he gets a grasp of the situation.

"I had to find my way down here Ami, I have information you need to know", you can hear the concern in Jacob's thoughts, what had he found out? "I knew Madame Marsh had to be up to something so I tailed her and eavesdropped on a phone call she made. She doesn't intend for the two of you to win the next match, instead she plans to have you beaten so that she can take your Pokemon. You saw that couple sitting on the podium right? They are your opponents, Nikolai and Valeriya Petrov. I heard about them by talking to members of the crowd, these aren't your average thugs. They are a mercenary power couple, they show allegiance to neither gang, they simply take pleasure in committing atrocities for money. They are from the Unova region, apparently their families were powerful and rivals to boot, much like the Shells and Ribs. Their families didn't approve of their love, so do you know what they did? They murdered them all, their own families. Now they work for whoever throws the most money at them and Madame Marsh just threw a tonne of cash at them to defeat you." It appears that this next battle wasn't going to be favourable for Gloria and yourself, but what could you do about it?

"We need to be prepared for the eventuality that we lose", Gloria chimes in, you can sense she is unnerved by this news. "I have one more Pokemon at my disposal, an Inkay, he will do his best but if this couple is as ruthless as Jacob describes then I am afraid we are in trouble. Madame Marsh has control of us as long as we have these bracelets on, we need a way to get them off. That way if we lose we still have a chance to escape."

"Ami did you find where they are holding the Pokemon? If we can find my partner I'm sure he can get you out of those bracelets. That also means that if worse comes to worse I can come to your aid."

With the upcoming battle looking unfavourable for you, it seemed like now was the time think ahead and prepare for every possibility.
As Jacob explained the less-than-stellar situation to the ladies, it became clear just how much Madame Marsh wanted Ami's God Bird of a sparkling acorn- and the rest of their pokemon, sure, but a shiny knowing such a rare and powerful move was certain to fetch way more than the rest of her pokemon, and possibly Gloria's as well, combined. Add in an opportunity to show the thugs of the area just how powerful their gangs' connections really were, and you had a recipe for the perfect thing to throw money at. Why wouldn't that hag of indiscernible age want to take advantage of a situation like this?

It did them absolutely no good to dwell on how absolutely crap their situation was, however- they had a few things they could use to their advantage even in this dark situation. The most significant in the overall grand scheme of things was that Ami now had something to report that was almost guaranteed to get the Marshals to come and raid the place- assuming they don't all chicken out at the mention of the Petrovs' names, of course. She assumed that the Marshal's had more courage than the average growlithe, but assumptions very rarely meet reality...

The next point was a bit more minor, but useful nonetheless- they had a free agent. As in, an agent who was free from the cages for the time being. Naturally, his desire to see his stolen partner again was a major driving force for him, but if he was telling the truth regarding it... well, that's one less advantage Madame Marsh had over them. Thankfully, the location of the storage room was the second thing of note she learned since coming here (the first being Marsh's name), so it wasn't particularly difficult for her to give Jacob that information. 'It requires a card key to access, which are mostly held by the guards, I believe,' Ami was quick to warn him. 'Even if you're certain that you can punch one of them out in a single hit, you'd better be careful about it!' Maybe they could orchestrate a mass break-out or something? It was likely that the pokemon were healed so that they'd be in peak physical condition during the auction, but there was no telling what was actually in there- it would be pretty bad news for all parties involved if they wound up unleashing an onix into the hallways, after all.

Which left them with the most immediately pressing issue: the actual battle against the mercenaries. Simply being around them put everyone else (except maybe Madame Marsh?) at risk for losing their lives, and the girls would be in the immediate line of fire if they raged. Going up against such powerful foes meant that Gloria wouldn't be able to join the Shells either way, which put a lot less pressure on them to even bother trying to win. It probably be wiser for them to throw the match deliberately, crowd be damned- in a lose-lose situation, it payed to have a plan for beyond it. Ami addressed her partner directly for this. 'Okay, I have three questions. First, what is your inkay's ability? Second, do you have a weakened third pokemon? And third, can you hide a pokeball on your person somewhere away from the others and still have easy access to it?'

Things were gearing up to go down big-time in less than an hour, and it was bound to be chaotic as all get-out when it does. Dang, it sucked being a pawn sometimes...

Old 07-18-2017, 12:51 AM   #246
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa- Despite facing the barrel of a gun for the second time today, you manage to remain composed. You assess the situation, this man didn't seem to be a gang member and seemed to be rather battered. If this man was on the roof there was a fair chance he was responsible for the stockpile of wood on the roof of the neighbouring building. Finally, the man's nerves reflected his unfamiliarity, he had no intention of hurting you, not unless he had to. When he starts questioning you, you slowly move your finger in front of your mouth to shush him. If you were too loud than your position would be compromised and both of you would get caught. Whispering, you answer the man's questions and he slowly lowers the gun.

"You're talking about Jenny right? Grant's little girl? Grant was with us, with me, until our heist got busted. We were fed false information, we were told that their was no alarm system but as soon as we pulled a Pokeball off the shelf the whole place went into lockdown and we found ourselves trapped. We were pinned down under heavy fire, we made it back to the vent but I got hit. The others lifted me up into the vent, my wife is pregnant, she is due in about a month. The others were willing to get captured if it meant that I could escape." The man pockets the pistol and shuffles over to shake your hand. "My name is Chad, I assume Jenny is alright? I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't leave her without her father, we need to find him and the others." Chad digs into his pocket before producing a Pokeball and a map. "This is the one Pokeball we managed to snag, I'm no experienced trainer and have no idea what Pokemon it is but if push comes to shove I guess I could use it. If you're looking for Grant then I am coming with you, I think I have worked out where they are being held." Chad spreads the map out on the ground, it was a map of this part of the city. The warehouse you were currently on was circle in black marker. "Over here, I could hear them talking through the vents when they got captured, they made reference to this place, an old video arcade." The arcade was across the other side of district, it would be hard to get there without being seen. "I advise that we wait till dark, we will have a much easier time staying hidden then. So are we going to do this or what?"
Gary breathed a sigh of relief as his hunch turned out to be correct. He was pretty confident in his conclusion that the man with the gun wasn’t a bad guy, but even on the slightest of chances that he had guessed wrong, he could have a bullet in him right now. The man began asking about Jenny, to which Gary nodded and then listened as he continued to explain what happened with her father. Apparently their heist had been sabotaged with false information and this man, who introduced himself as Chad, was the only one who was able to escape.

Chad then shook Gary’s hand and held out a Pokeball, something which he had stolen from inside the warehouse. He then spread out a map of the city with a few buildings circled on it. According to Chad, Jenny’s father would have likely been taken to an old arcade across the district. Gary continued to nod as Chad talked, soaking in all of the information he was being told. He wasn’t crazy about being sent on a wild goose chase, but he had no other choice at this point.

As Gary studied the map, Chad then suggested that they wait until dark in order to make their way across the district to the old arcade. Gary quickly agreed, weighing his options. It would have been really simple to just Fly across town on one of his Pokemon, but of the two in question that he could use for this situation, both his Tropius and his Charizard were just too big to risk being spotted by people on the ground. Not to mention, Ramoth the Charizard came with a built-in torch that would easily be spotted in the dark of night. “Alright,” Gary answered, sitting down to make himself comfortable while they passed the time, “We’re probably going to have to go on foot for now, but I’m sure if we play it safe we can get there undetected.”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 07-18-2017, 05:01 PM   #247
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
This update was brought to you by Heatran Cooling Solutions.

The Ribcage Mall.

: Mentally incapable of focusing on all sides of the battle, you only hope your pokemon can take initiative in the fight to survive, and as you call to Ikaika to leap to the defensive, the infestation starts to creep towards the stuck Pidove, while the Spinarak hatchling pulls towards 'Opio, the Kangaskan leering at the spiderling. The hungry bug is taken aback by the angry small pokemon and hesitates, still attached to the string and with a heave the normal type begins to turn and swing her arm in a slowly growing circle, leaving the unfortunate arachnid holding on as a lime conduit of energy grows between the pair, the spider absorbing energy in an attempt to exhaust her. Unfortunately, 'Opio is having none of this and with a sudden stopping jerk, the string snaps, throwing the horrified Spinarak flying into the nearby wall with a thump. As it peels itself off, the bug lunges forward and bites into her leg as she grunts and tries to dislodge the hungry bug.

On the more dangerous side of things, the giant Ariados glowers at Pahalo as the Mandibuzz gives a flap of her wings in a fashion to generate a small localised wind front that turns and tosses around at the tail end of her and the Starly, providing a much needed boost in agility. This, however, is set aside when the energy in the mandibles crackles with electronic sparks, the spider queen sitting a shocking web missile at the distracted Pahalo, who visibly winces as the compact blob strikes her chest, zapping her as she momentarily drops in height. However, the crafty avian is not one to see this as a problem as she bravely tucks in her wings and dives down to around halfway to the ground before turning around and using the momentum and tailwind to propel herself upwards as the Ariados, thinking her down and out, turns towards you with poison in her jaws.

The bird flaps her wings once, twice, thrice as she soars above the spider, glowing in azure energy of the skies before barreling downwards at the face of the insect, slamming hard into her and almost knocking her off her webbing as the bug shrieks and jabs the back of Pahalo with her horn as you give a cheer, only for the excitement to fade as the poison in the fangs very quickly seeps into the wound on the vulture who lands on the web, sharp talons ensuring the sticky aspect does nothing to her. Giving a wince, the Mandibuzz is surprised to find herself feeling much worse than she should be given the nature of poisoning. Indeed, it appears the large Ariados normal poison potential is much more toxic than you anticipated.

A shrill tweet from Ikaika grabs the attention of all as the Starly flutters between the infestation and Pidove, protecting the pair with a shimmering barrier as the Pidove's gaze catches your guilt in your eyes and mirrors it. It only wished to play around with you, and now it's got you both doomed. As the starling struggles to keep the swarm at bay, the wild avian cocks its head at her, then back at you, before suddenly going from absent minded to determined. With a battle cry, the Pidove flaps its wings rapidly, not to try and break free but to send a gust of wind through the waning shield at the swarm, blowing them off the web and safeguarding the pair. It then begins to chirp in a fashion that reminds you of a chant of sorts, as the Ariados seeks to strike down the Mandibuzz with a fell stinger aimed at the heart.

As it lances forward, horn longer than Pahalo's neck, the vulture hears the song, and brings her talons up, the bones around her waist blocking the strike with a lucky deflection, taking menial damage from the insect, before rushing the ornamentation and her beak down into the face of the Ariados, pelting it with hard pecks and scrapes and dealing four substantial wounds to the giant bug, who backs off with a hiss, before turning her attention to the source of the noise and launching a burst of psychic energy at Ikaika and Pidove in anger.

The Spinarak attacking 'Opio has taken a decent hit but seems capable of taking more, while the Kangaskhan has escaped with only one small wound and more than ready to smush the little insect, while the infestation has been thwarted. Pahalo has plenty in the tank, but that toxic poisoning will wear her down over time, and the reckless nature of her offensive this round has left her a little dinged up, while Ikaika is eager to bring the fight to her significantly larger foe now she has the Pidove's backing. The Ariados is a little dazed and wounded on the head, with the brave bird having opened a noticable gash on the back, haemolymph leaking from the wound, but is rather furious now, gaining a boost to its offensive powers while leaving it a little slower than usual.

As you attempt to free yourself of the webbing, you find that it has became a little less sticky, but still holds you strongly, as you slowly claw up and into a more comfortable position, at least as far as comfortable goes when you're still suspended over a hundred feet in the air with nought beneath you but solid concrete. Your ears do however pick up that the murmur of the crowd has went completely silent as a very angry voice seems to be shouting at them.

Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: Ignoring the amusements of Marvolo at the reaction from the woman, you opt to remain calm to her in your queries, introducting yourself more formally as well as your companions, to which she appears a little more relaxed, though still nervy. As you inquire on the R on her shoulder, she averts her gaze from yours, taking a few breaths as though to calm herself, before exhaling deeply, ready to respond.

"...you might have missed it earlier...my name is Amanda Firwood, and this mark on my arm...it's my own attempt to sever my ties with my past. You mentioned Team Rocket there, and...yeah, I once was one. Not an actual fully-fledged member though: never was confident in my abilities in combat, but rather than 'dispose' of my membership," she says, with finger quotes around the word dispose that gives the picture of what she meant by this, "they gave me the job of mess runner. Making sure the grunts were fed, that the stock pokemon were in some form still financially viable on the black market, filling the bellies of the grunt pokemon, a glorified canteen lady. I...was coerced to join by someone, as I had just been evicted from my old home in Cortoza and had nowhere else to go, no means of feeding myself...

"I knew they weren't the nicest group out there and did some nasty things, but I had little choice in the matter...it was either join them, or, well..." she gave a motion with thumb and finger that gave you the message that her fate would have been much worse. Before she continues, she pauses as you wonder why she stopped, only for Meowth to nudge your clenched fists, before you relax them once more, the history concerning a certain family member and Amanda all too familiar.

"...a couple of years ago or so, some guy busts into our base with his team over some kidnapping, from what I heard. They meant business, with some sort of shadowy monstrosity, and their squad demolished even the boss's own team, and in an attempt to evade arrest...the boss blew up the base. I barely escaped alive..." Amanda pauses once more, taking another few breaths to calm herself as she trembles, the memories clearly painful.

"...nobody would touch someone who had the mark of the rockets, even a mess runner...so my only answer to this tattoo was to cut myself...until the mark was nothing more...than scar tissue...then a year later, I found myself at Goldenridge. The people were kind, they chose not to ask much about my past and I even found myself some friends," placing a hand over the two pokeballs. "Alas, all good things come to an end when the Massacre of Dreams happened, and the city fell into anarchy...

"As looting happened, I was forced back onto the streets and once again press-ganged as a mess runner, this time for the Shells...who are far worse than the Rockets. For one...they didn't bother with the whole...j-join or s-s-suffer thing..."

The troubled woman's words muddle as she covers her tearful face with her hands and quietly cries as the impact of her words and emotions are opened right before you, and the cruelty of the Shells laid bare before you as your pokemon give their shocked opinions. Even Marvolo is disgusted at the contempt and callousness of the Shells at putting someone at this stage in their life through something so traumatic. After a few minutes of listening to her weeping, she seems to calm down and removes her hands from red face.

"...s-s-sorry...th-the shells live by th-the code of dominance...as the months p-passed, the small cell th-that served as my b-bedroom was used less and less...until one d-day, they put me to work as a sc-scout...to explore the tunnels h-here to find a way th-through to marshal territory...until I got caught by those brutes...

"...heh...they treated me better th-than the shells ever did...this scar...branded with iron...heated with a houndoom's breath...it'll never h-heal, the shells said...a m-mark of pr-propert-t-ty...all I ever was to them...not surprised others suspected me...nothing but a glorified slave and boy's toy for the shells..."

The woman goes silent after this, eyes downcast as the very emotion from her tells you that you don't need psychic information to know the despondent young woman was telling the truth as she sat on the bench, holding her scarred arm and deeply wounded, mentally and emotionally, to say nothing of you and your pokemon on hearing her side of things. How will you react, and what will you do, as Andromeda alerts you to the presence of...something within the vicinity.

Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: Recalling the grateful Scizor, you take it upon yourself to approach the grate as Neemee watches you hands engage with the metallic grill as you take a breath and push against the steel. Solid at first, you work at the bars for a moment or two until you jostle the dirt free from the rim of the grate and push it forward, the scrape of metal on stone reverberating around you as you make your opening. Crawling through the gap, you offer a hand to Neemee as the figure slowly pushes through, reaching an apparent arm through to reach yours, and the instant it makes contact, your eyes snap open as your final moments as a human play out in your mind vividly, relinquishing your hold on the figure as you drop backwards, hyperventilating at what you witnessed, not just from your own point of view, but from the view of your murderers too.

"Me-me in cat bee homes now! Self is somewhere in here too, me-me feels it! Come, we look!" Neemee seems completely oblivious to your mood as you collect yourself, still trembling a little from reliving your own death once more, but also filling you with vengeful strength. If the rumours of this group being related to the Rockets was true you had yourself a grudgeful gold mine in the making here. The figure bobbing around, you find that the 'cat bee homes' were in fact cat-a-combs, the brickwork old and cracked, yet certainly of the same stone as the outer sections of the sanctum. Your eyes are also privy to the sight of small cells here and there, most empty, some housing skeletons that you had to swear were older than Mewism.

Taking the lead, you and Neemee travel through the halls carefully, ears and eyes open for anything suspicious or anyone. Traversing the mazelike corridors, you felt like you were heading nowhere until you turn around to find you've been separated from Neemee. Worse, you could hear footsteps round a corner. Peeking, you can see some men walking with what seemed to be another in chains, the men pausing at what seemed to be a cell before shoving the person into the cell and slamming the door shut with a clack and walking away. Dare you investigate, or will Neemee's vanishing act be more of a concern to you? The stranger couldn't have gone too far...could they?

Unruly Premonition.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:32 PM   #248
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: Ignoring the amusements of Marvolo at the reaction from the woman, you opt to remain calm to her in your queries, introducting yourself more formally as well as your companions, to which she appears a little more relaxed, though still nervy. As you inquire on the R on her shoulder, she averts her gaze from yours, taking a few breaths as though to calm herself, before exhaling deeply, ready to respond.

"...you might have missed it earlier...my name is Amanda Firwood, and this mark on my arm...it's my own attempt to sever my ties with my past. You mentioned Team Rocket there, and...yeah, I once was one. Not an actual fully-fledged member though: never was confident in my abilities in combat, but rather than 'dispose' of my membership," she says, with finger quotes around the word dispose that gives the picture of what she meant by this, "they gave me the job of mess runner. Making sure the grunts were fed, that the stock pokemon were in some form still financially viable on the black market, filling the bellies of the grunt pokemon, a glorified canteen lady. I...was coerced to join by someone, as I had just been evicted from my old home in Cortoza and had nowhere else to go, no means of feeding myself...

"I knew they weren't the nicest group out there and did some nasty things, but I had little choice in the matter...it was either join them, or, well..." she gave a motion with thumb and finger that gave you the message that her fate would have been much worse. Before she continues, she pauses as you wonder why she stopped, only for Meowth to nudge your clenched fists, before you relax them once more, the history concerning a certain family member and Amanda all too familiar.

"...a couple of years ago or so, some guy busts into our base with his team over some kidnapping, from what I heard. They meant business, with some sort of shadowy monstrosity, and their squad demolished even the boss's own team, and in an attempt to evade arrest...the boss blew up the base. I barely escaped alive..." Amanda pauses once more, taking another few breaths to calm herself as she trembles, the memories clearly painful.

"...nobody would touch someone who had the mark of the rockets, even a mess runner...so my only answer to this tattoo was to cut myself...until the mark was nothing more...than scar tissue...then a year later, I found myself at Goldenridge. The people were kind, they chose not to ask much about my past and I even found myself some friends," placing a hand over the two pokeballs. "Alas, all good things come to an end when the Massacre of Dreams happened, and the city fell into anarchy...

"As looting happened, I was forced back onto the streets and once again press-ganged as a mess runner, this time for the Shells...who are far worse than the Rockets. For one...they didn't bother with the whole...j-join or s-s-suffer thing..."

The troubled woman's words muddle as she covers her tearful face with her hands and quietly cries as the impact of her words and emotions are opened right before you, and the cruelty of the Shells laid bare before you as your pokemon give their shocked opinions. Even Marvolo is disgusted at the contempt and callousness of the Shells at putting someone at this stage in their life through something so traumatic. After a few minutes of listening to her weeping, she seems to calm down and removes her hands from red face.

"...s-s-sorry...th-the shells live by th-the code of dominance...as the months p-passed, the small cell th-that served as my b-bedroom was used less and less...until one d-day, they put me to work as a sc-scout...to explore the tunnels h-here to find a way th-through to marshal territory...until I got caught by those brutes...

"...heh...they treated me better th-than the shells ever did...this scar...branded with iron...heated with a houndoom's breath...it'll never h-heal, the shells said...a m-mark of pr-propert-t-ty...all I ever was to them...not surprised others suspected me...nothing but a glorified slave and boy's toy for the shells..."

The woman goes silent after this, eyes downcast as the very emotion from her tells you that you don't need psychic information to know the despondent young woman was telling the truth as she sat on the bench, holding her scarred arm and deeply wounded, mentally and emotionally, to say nothing of you and your pokemon on hearing her side of things. How will you react, and what will you do, as Andromeda alerts you to the presence of...something within the vicinity.
As Keith had hoped, his calm and patient approach to this not only got some results, but also helped Amanda to feel a bit more at ease. She launched into her story- she was indeed affiliated with Team Rocket. Not as a full member, but they had her doing odd jobs for them- keeping the grunts fed, the black market Pokémon in profitable condition, things of that nature. Joining wasn't even something she wanted to do- she was given very little choice in the matter, and while she didn't outright speak the alternative, Keith had all too good of an idea as to what that alternative was. Indeed, it wasn't until Meowth gently nudged one of Keith's fists that Keith realized he'd clenched his hands into said fists in the first place, wasn't until he blinked them out of his eyes that he realized there had been tears in them to begin with. The scenario was horrifyingly familiar to Keith, who personally knew, and was related to, someone who had faced a rather similar "choice" herself.

Amanda continued her story- she had gotten free from Team Rocket upon the boss blowing up their base in an attempt to escape arrest following an attack on said base. Keith briefly wondered if she was talking about the time Executive Elmer blew up the base on Stargazer Island, but then realized that it couldn't be. For one thing, Elmer was merely an Executive. Keith had never even met Boss Rocket before. And for another thing, nothing he'd even had on hand during that adventure qualified as a shadowy monstrosity. He shook that thought out of his head and continued to listen as Amanda continued to speak. She had to cut up her tattoo until it was naught but scar tissue, for nobody wanted anything to do with anyone who bore the mark of having consorted with Team Rocket, and quite understandably so. She'd made her way to Goldenridge City, where she'd apparently caught her Pokémon, and where the locals were both kind to her and willing to not dig into her past. Quite a winning combination, Keith had to admit, and perfect for someone looking to start fresh from a life belonging to Team Rocket.

But, as Amanda went on to explain, it all went wrong when Goldenridge went downhill. Amidst the looting, she was forced back onto the street, and was once more coerced to join with an evil gang- the Shells this time. And, as she went on to reveal, the Shells were even more horrible than the Rockets. Something Keith had previously thought inconceivable, and yet, what Amanda said left disturbingly little to the imagination. Keith and Meowth exchanged mortified looks, and even Marvolo looked appalled. "Despicable," spat the Seviper.

Once Amanda's crying had settled down, she continued- the Shells put her to work as a scout, tasked her with exploring these very tunnels to find a way to marshal territory, until she was captured, and, well, Keith knew the gist of the rest from there. She also mentioned about her scar- it was branded with iron, heated with Houndoom fire. Keith's mouth fell open- Houndoom were capable of producing fire the likes of which left completely incurable burns. His own Houndoom was very careful about how she would go about playfully setting Meowth's tail on fire- she only ever did so to get a reaction out of him, and definitely didn't want to cause such terrible pain.

For a moment, words failed Keith utterly. That he believed Amanda wasn't even an issue at this point- it took but a single shared glance between himself, Marvolo, and Meowth, to know that all three of them believed her story. No, what had him at such a loss for words was just not knowing what he could possibly say in response. He knew of no words, be they in English or Shuppet, that did justice to how appalling her story was. And for sure he sympathized with her story, too, considering how his own sister had met her end. At last, at least part of the swirl of emotions in his head managed to give rise to coherent words, and so he spoke. "...Amanda, it's horrible what you went through," Keith said, tears coming to his eyes once more. "I believe you. And once we find a way out of here and back up to the Vanguard, I'll vouch for you. And as for your scar... if I can help find a way to heal that, I certainly will. It's said Houndoom fire causes burns that'll never heal, but then, it's also said Larvitar eat entire mountains, or that Slugma and Magcargo are hotter than the sun, so I for one am not inclined to take the Shells' claims at face value there."

Keith, Andromeda broadcast her voice telepathically to all present. I hate to interrupt, but I'm sensing something in the vicinity.

"What sort of something?" Keith asked his Starmie.

That I'm not sure of yet, Andromeda responded. I'm still working on that. In the meantime, just be alert.

Keith nodded. "Alright, Meowth, Marv, you heard Andromeda. Let's keep a sharp eye out, we don't know who or what else is down here with us. Marv, anything makes a sudden move for any of us, greet it with a Glare, at least until we can determine whether it's friend or foe."

"Will do," the Seviper nodded, looking around warily at their surroundings. Meowth likewise glanced around, intending to alert Marvolo to anything he saw, while Andromeda continued to try and get some more specific details about just what she was sensing.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 07-22-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:17 PM   #249
deoxys
Fog Badge

TheKnightsFury: [Update Music] -- (Highly recommended for this update)

Having pinned the confused Atalanta to the wall, the Dartrix seized the opportunity to perch on a large, broken concrete pylon jutting out of the wall near its pre-evolved enemy. It slid two quills out of its wings and lifted them into the air, puffed out its chest, and, while twirling around pompously as though it were celebrating an early victory, threw them into the wall threateningly in an attack-boosting Swords Dance. Atalanta struggled to loosen herself while her opponent was distracted, and began Pecking at her quills, cringing slightly as she slowly knocked each one out of her wings.

Dartrix took immediate notice of this, darting back into the air and diving toward your tiny owl Pokemon, talons extended outward, clearly readying another Mega Kick. Atalanta managed to Peck the last blade quill out of her wing just in time, and as if on cue, she slid down the wall’s incline as her enemy slammed its foot into the wall, cracking the rock and embedding its claw firmly within. Once again, the Dartrix seemed to have gotten cocky in its lust for violence, causing it to miscalculate its attack while Atalanta calmly assessed the situation, even while injured and under duress.

As Dartrix quickly struggled to release itself from its hold in the wall, having accidentally switched places with Atalanta, the Rowlet decided to take advantage of the situation. She shook her head intensely, successfully snapping out of her confusion, and then retaliated by launching another Ominous Wind. The abhorrent wind spread once more throughout the ravine as the owl Pokemon vigorously flapped her wings, still pulsating with a white glow that was becoming faster as the battle raged on. The enemy Dartrix lifted a wing over its face in an attempt to protect itself from damage, finding it difficult to defend while still trying to undo the mistake of its overconfident attack. After a few moments of enduring the foul gust, the Dartrix suddenly began Sucker Punching the wall, biting its tongue as it ate the damage from the wind. The rock that its foot was locked underneath quickly began to crack and crumble in response.

As the battle raged on in the air above, Spartacus leapt from chunks of concrete and asphalt throughout the chasm, seeking out any potential places your assailant might have been hiding. Having determined the coast was clear within the ravine, ensuring that an ambush was not possible, the Scyther sped down the dark cavern-like tunnel that the Dartrix had launched its assault from. With the opportunity presenting itself, you spun out from behind cover, sword in hand, and called out to the Detective to follow your lead, set on drawing your enemy out of hiding.

And then she appeared. She marched out of the darkness of the tunnel, hands balled into fists at her hips. She was slender and wore a sideways baseball cap over her long, curly blonde hair, which was swung over her torso and dyed teal at the base. But most importantly, she had a thirst for blood in her bloodshot violet eyes.
And with her was a man. He was tall, bald, wore a muscle shirt and cargo pants that showed he was his extremely fit physique, and had an eyepatch over his left eye. His right eye immediately widened in shock at the sight of you and Ehrmantraut. Ehrmantraut responded in kind - the girl did not seem to notice. Suddenly, she began to speak - loudly. “I have one question for you: Did you do this?” she asked, motioning at the wreckage. The Detective clenched his jaw and turned to face her. “Yes,” he responded. The eyepatch-clad Rib reeled his head back and attempted to hide a look of concern by covering his mouth and dragging his hand down his chin. The woman began to shake. “Oliver,” she said. The man’s eye widened once more, and a bead of sweat ran down his forehead. He looked back to you and Ehrmantraut, and snapped his fingers. In a flash, a Pokemon suddenly appeared before you, striking Ehrmantraut across the face and sending him tumbling backward. The red, blade-like Pokemon that had seemingly manifested out of thin air pulled its arm back and began to dash toward the detective once more with a Feint Attack, but was stopped by Druddigon who took the hit in its shoulder. The dragon wrapped its claw around the Pawniard’s head, lifted it into the air, and smashed it into the rocky wall with Revengeful intent. “Hauteclaire!” The man named Oliver shouted, gritting his teeth. The Pawniard looked as though it had been instantly bested as it looked to its trainer, and then slumped against the wall.

Atlanta’s whole body was now enveloped in light, and her shape began to morph.

Crack. The rock shattered, and the enemy Dartrix was free.

“Trixie!” Oliver yelled, looking skyward toward the source of the sound.

KILL IT!” The girl shouted.

A long, leaf-like green feather sprouted from Atalanta’s head. Her talons grew larger, and her wings doubled size.

Her adversary reached its right wing inside of its left and revealed two blade quills. Without hesitation, it flung them threw the air, taking direct aim at Atalanta.

Sching!

Atalanta reacted in kind with her own blade quills, knocking her opponent’s out of the air. She spread her wings triumphantly and cried out, echoing throughout the canyon. “Traaa!” Atalanta has evolved into Dartrix!

“You’re shitting me!” Trixie shouted, still shaking. Your newly evolved Dartrix immediately dove through the air toward her enemy, grabbed a loose rock dangling from the wall with her wing, and launched it into Trixie’s Dartrix at full speed with a brutal Smack Down. The foe shot into the chasm floor, grounded, having taken massive damage from the assault. It reeled from the pain and slowly sat up while staring at Atalanta and breathing heavily. Despite being severely injured herself, it was clear that the tables had turned in your Dartrix’s favor. This battle was near its end.

((Thanks for your cooperation Braix and Balmund, your regularly scheduled updating will now commence. We’re synced back up now.))

Last edited by deoxys; 07-19-2017 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:04 AM   #250
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
TheKnightsFury: [Update Music] -- (Highly recommended for this update)

Having pinned the confused Atalanta to the wall, the Dartrix seized the opportunity to perch on a large, broken concrete pylon jutting out of the wall near its pre-evolved enemy. It slid two quills out of its wings and lifted them into the air, puffed out its chest, and, while twirling around pompously as though it were celebrating an early victory, threw them into the wall threateningly in an attack-boosting Swords Dance. Atalanta struggled to loosen herself while her opponent was distracted, and began Pecking at her quills, cringing slightly as she slowly knocked each one out of her wings.

Dartrix took immediate notice of this, darting back into the air and diving toward your tiny owl Pokemon, talons extended outward, clearly readying another Mega Kick. Atalanta managed to Peck the last blade quill out of her wing just in time, and as if on cue, she slid down the wall’s incline as her enemy slammed its foot into the wall, cracking the rock and embedding its claw firmly within. Once again, the Dartrix seemed to have gotten cocky in its lust for violence, causing it to miscalculate its attack while Atalanta calmly assessed the situation, even while injured and under duress.

As Dartrix quickly struggled to release itself from its hold in the wall, having accidentally switched places with Atalanta, the Rowlet decided to take advantage of the situation. She shook her head intensely, successfully snapping out of her confusion, and then retaliated by launching another Ominous Wind. The abhorrent wind spread once more throughout the ravine as the owl Pokemon vigorously flapped her wings, still pulsating with a white glow that was becoming faster as the battle raged on. The enemy Dartrix lifted a wing over its face in an attempt to protect itself from damage, finding it difficult to defend while still trying to undo the mistake of its overconfident attack. After a few moments of enduring the foul gust, the Dartrix suddenly began Sucker Punching the wall, biting its tongue as it ate the damage from the wind. The rock that its foot was locked underneath quickly began to crack and crumble in response.

As the battle raged on in the air above, Spartacus leapt from chunks of concrete and asphalt throughout the chasm, seeking out any potential places your assailant might have been hiding. Having determined the coast was clear within the ravine, ensuring that an ambush was not possible, the Scyther sped down the dark cavern-like tunnel that the Dartrix had launched its assault from. With the opportunity presenting itself, you spun out from behind cover, sword in hand, and called out to the Detective to follow your lead, set on drawing your enemy out of hiding.

And then she appeared. She marched out of the darkness of the tunnel, hands balled into fists at her hips. She was slender and wore a sideways baseball cap over her long, curly blonde hair, which was swung over her torso and dyed teal at the base. But most importantly, she had a thirst for blood in her bloodshot violet eyes.
And with her was a man. He was tall, bald, wore a muscle shirt and cargo pants that showed he was his extremely fit physique, and had an eyepatch over his left eye. His right eye immediately widened in shock at the sight of you and Ehrmantraut. Ehrmantraut responded in kind - the girl did not seem to notice. Suddenly, she began to speak - loudly. “I have one question for you: Did you do this?” she asked, motioning at the wreckage. The Detective clenched his jaw and turned to face her. “Yes,” he responded. The eyepatch-clad Rib reeled his head back and attempted to hide a look of concern by covering his mouth and dragging his hand down his chin. The woman began to shake. “Oliver,” she said. The man’s eye widened once more, and a bead of sweat ran down his forehead. He looked back to you and Ehrmantraut, and snapped his fingers. In a flash, a Pokemon suddenly appeared before you, striking Ehrmantraut across the face and sending him tumbling backward. The red, blade-like Pokemon that had seemingly manifested out of thin air pulled its arm back and began to dash toward the detective once more with a Feint Attack, but was stopped by Druddigon who took the hit in its shoulder. The dragon wrapped its claw around the Pawniard’s head, lifted it into the air, and smashed it into the rocky wall with Revengeful intent. “Hauteclaire!” The man named Oliver shouted, gritting his teeth. The Pawniard looked as though it had been instantly bested as it looked to its trainer, and then slumped against the wall.

Atlanta’s whole body was now enveloped in light, and her shape began to morph.

Crack. The rock shattered, and the enemy Dartrix was free.

“Trixie!” Oliver yelled, looking skyward toward the source of the sound.

KILL IT!” The girl shouted.

A long, leaf-like green feather sprouted from Atalanta’s head. Her talons grew larger, and her wings doubled size.

Her adversary reached its right wing inside of its left and revealed two blade quills. Without hesitation, it flung them threw the air, taking direct aim at Atalanta.

Sching!

Atalanta reacted in kind with her own blade quills, knocking her opponent’s out of the air. She spread her wings triumphantly and cried out, echoing throughout the canyon. “Traaa!” Atalanta has evolved into Dartrix!

“You’re shitting me!” Trixie shouted, still shaking. Your newly evolved Dartrix immediately dove through the air toward her enemy, grabbed a loose rock dangling from the wall with her wing, and launched it into Trixie’s Dartrix at full speed with a brutal Smack Down. The foe shot into the chasm floor, grounded, having taken massive damage from the assault. It reeled from the pain and slowly sat up while staring at Atalanta and breathing heavily. Despite being severely injured herself, it was clear that the tables had turned in your Dartrix’s favor. This battle was near its end.

((Thanks for your cooperation Braix and Balmund, your regularly scheduled updating will now commence. We’re synced back up now.))

Atalanta's cooler demeanor proved to be the difference between the two owls, the Dartrix's reckless nature continued to leave it exposed. Jayson marveled at the sight of Atalanta's evolution, even though he had anticipated it he hadn't expected the event to occur at such an opportune time. They had been growing in strength for a while and Atalanta's evolution into Dartrix was a reflection of that. Using her newfound strength she managed to land a powerful hit on the opposing Dartrix, knocking it from the air, the advantage was now theirs. While the duel of the Dartrix was happening, Spartacus managed to flush out their assailant's a man and a woman who appeared to be members of the Ribs.

Ehrmantraut's Druddigon was attacked by a Pawniard, but the Dragon reacted quickly and put the dark type down with a single blow. It was obvious that their attackers were out for blood, their Pokemon were all but bested but their was a chance they were armed. Jayson couldn't see any guns but they could easily be concealed from view. He looked at a large chunk of asphalt next to him, he would dive for cover if a weapon was pulled.

"This was all my doing", Jayson announced, flashing his Z Ring at the same time. "You have been bested, surrender and you will get fair treatment but make things difficult and I cannot guarantee it." The two had tried to murder them, if they continued to try to do so than he would have to take them down. "Atalanta put an end to the Dartrix, continuous Ominous Winds to keep it grounded, if it comes at you again then Peck it into submission."

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records