UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2017, 08:44 AM   #51
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
Patches: The chilliness of the room chilled you to your very core. You couldn't place why it was so cold in here, maybe it was faulty insulation in this room? Whatever the case, you really wish you had brought a jacket or sweater to wear. Luckily, your mind is able to brush off the cold as you finally find exactly what you were looking for in this manor --- the source of that putrid smell! The bag of incense smelt so awful, you pitied the owners for attempting to use such a terrible smelling object in an attempt to freshen their house. Hadn't they heard of febreeze or other air freshening products? You shrug it off, rummaging through your things and shoving the horrible smelling incense into an airlocked container inside your bag. That solves the problem of where that smell was coming from, but it doesn't quite dispel the smell entirely. You think for a few moments before placing a mint down in the spot the bag had been, if they made your breath extra minty there was hope that they could make this musty room minty as well.

When you finally stand and adjust yourself, you notice the painting upon the wall. Weird, had that always been here? You can't figure out why you wouldn't have noticed such a realistic depiction of a Pokemon. It was a little crooked, and the perfectionist inside of you most certainly wanted to fix it but the room was extremely dusty and disgusting. You promised yourself that you would do it as soon as you were able to clean the dust from the rest of the room, as soon as you found your trusty napkins that was. Rummaging through your pack, you realise almost all your napkins are gone, but you could've sworn you had a whole bunch more. You notice your Eevee had made himself a nice nest of napkins that he was now snoozing in, you wanted to scold him but his cute exterior made you think twice --- how could you get mad at something that adorable? It was almost impossible.

As you pick up your pack, you realise that you may as well just adjust the painting anyways, considering you have no possible way to clean the dust and grime from the rest of the room. As you move the painting, making sure it's straight, you hear the low growling once more. It certainly sounds a lot closer this time, almost as though whatever is making it is quite close to you. As you're about to brush it off, a loud hiss permeates from the painting and a large, black, clawed hand extends from inside the frame; swiping at your body. The hissing gets gradually louder, causing the walls to feel like they're shaking and warping all around you. The door to the room slams itself, and the only source of light in the room flickers out. It's just you, your Pokemon, and that weird painting now. In the darkness of the room, the gem encrusted eyes of the Pokemon in the portrait seem to glow brightly. It illuminates an outline in the floor that you hadn't noticed before, it appeared as though there was some sort of trap door in the floor.

The hissing had quieted down, but after swiping at you, the portraits smile has faded. Should you go into this trap door you have found, despite not knowing where it leads? What do you do?
Patches reaches up and grabs the painting in order to adjust it and begins to shift it around on the wall. Suddenly, she hears a growling noise coming from nearby! “Huh? Was that noise coming from this painting?” She squints at the painting but doesn’t see anything different so she shrugs it off and continues to adjust it. Then, there is a loud hissing sound and this time, it’s clearly coming from the painting. “Ahhh-!” She falters for a moment and next thing she knows a clawed hand is reaching out of the painting and swiping at her. “Whoa!!” She stumbles backwards and falls over while still holding onto the painting. ’What is happening??’ Patches is confused as the room warps around her, the door slams, and all of the lights go out. Now she is sitting there in the dark while staring into the bright gem eyes directly in front of her, the only sound in the room is of Kiku laughing since he has found this entire situation amusing. “That was very rude!” She puffs out her cheeks and is now ready to let the painting have it.

First, she stands back up and before she continues to have a talk with the painting she notices the outline of the trap door in the floor. She takes a mental note of it but has some unfinished business to take care of and turns her attention back to the painting in her hands. She stares directly into the glowing gems and puts on her most serious face. “Did you cause that door to slam and the lights to go out..?! Actually! That’s not what matters here. You swiped your claw at my face and that wasn’t very nice. You could have hurt me!” She huffs and waits for an apology but one never comes. “You know, if you aren’t going to apologize I think you’re going to need to have a time out.” She walks over to a corner and places the portrait down, leaning it against the wall, with the painting facing the wall. “You need to take some time and think about what you did! You better not leave this spot until you do! Just because you're a painting doesn't mean you can go around doing whatever you want!” Now that she's satisfied that she has gotten her point across, she turns away from the portrait and her next objective is to figure out what is through that trap door. “Alright Mio and Kiku, I think we need to go through that door! It might actually lead to the festival in the basement!” Since the portrait is facing the wall there isn’t much light in the room anymore so Patches gets down and begins to crawl around the area she rememberd the door being. Hoping she can find her way in by feeling around.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:07 PM   #52
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
134:

After wiggling the latch a bit, the mechanism released its tight grip on the sealed door with a heavy creaking noise. The door itself wasn't too difficult to lift, though, it was a bit heavier than it appeared to be.

You grabbed hold of the rusty handle that protruded from the back of it, pulling it upwards until the door swung open and rested carefully on its decrepit hinges. A short, brick staircase led downward, appearing to be only about ten to fifteen steps deep. With your mind made up, you descended the staircase to the bottom, Pouli lighting the way alongside you.

The platform at the bottom led forward in what was essentially a small brick hallway, about twenty feet deep at most. Aside from large, wooden double doors embedded into the wall at end, the corridor was empty. As the light of the Wisp slowly revealed the closed doors as you approached them, you realized they were not only much taller than you had thought upon first glance, but that they were also engraved with beautifully detailed carvings.

On the left was what appeared to be two large, thin, cat-like figures, sitting still with several smaller, similar looking figures surrounding them. They stared downward toward the metal lock that spanned the crevice of the two doors, except for the two tall ones - one of which had its head turned backward, and the other facing straight across to the other door. On the opposite side was - nothing. The door was completely blank, devoid of any carvings, which was extremely odd as you were certain that you had noticed that both doors were engraved - though perhaps it was just the way the shadows played upon their wooden faces that had initially left you with that impression.

There was no grime, dust, or cobwebs collecting or caking anywhere on either of the two doors. They looked clean, and were extremely well preserved, to the point where it almost seemed as though they had been taken care of on a regular basis. With nowhere else to go but back or forward, you reached your hands down to grab the handles and...

They wouldn't budge, both doors locked tight. This didn't come to much of a surprise, as there was a fairly large, steel panel that sat centered between the two doors with an oddly shaped keyhole fixated in the middle.

"Excuse me, can I help you?" A stern voice suddenly boomed from behind you. You released your grip on the doors, turning suddenly to see an elderly man staring at you only a few feet away. Pouli jumped backward and immediately began to growl, having not noticed the man's approach. The man was stiff, and grimaced, his eyes staring daggers. His clothing looked like something a last century butler would wear, and his hair was long and graying, tied back in a ponytail, and his beard was rough and short, covering the majority of his face. "I am the groundskeeper of this facility. I heard you fall through the floor earlier and rushed down here to help. However, this area is off limits. If you would be so kind as to follow me, I can treat your wounds upstairs and offer you a drink." He turned his back to you and began to walk forward, his stern voice inflecting more of a demand than a request, despite how unnatural it sounded.
"Oh, uh, I don't drink," Tate says, a bit awkwardly, glancing back at the doors with a pang of curiosity. The trainer knew the story of the woman of the manor and her two pets quite well, and was intrigued by the motif, but was too meek to challenge the man's apparently authority. Placing a hand on Pouli's head to sooth her unease, the tired and scraped trainer decided to leave this mystery for now, though it gnawed at the back of the scientist's mind, as questions were wont to do. Casting one last glance back at the doors -- admiring their beautiful and ornate carvings -- Tate nodded at the caretaker. "First aide might be nice, though, I think I scraped my elbow."

Following the supposed staffer, Pouli keeping close to her trainer, Tate prattled on, almost ceaselessly, apparently quite trusting of this strange man. "Those, um... those doors were quite pretty," said the Johto native, in genuine admiration. "I don't have much of an eye for art, you know," -- there was a pause, as Tate tapped the glasses perched on the bridge of a scuffed nose -- "but I love wood carvings. Were those reliefs meant to be Purrloin, or-?"
134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:55 PM   #53
Naruxami
Looking cool, Joker!
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 293
sorry these took a while! I have a bad habit of wanting to wait for everyone before proceeding with updates ^^'

Kawaii: Knowing that your Pokemon was potentially in danger fuelled you to run faster than you had before. You had to get to Tengu, no matter what it took. It filled you with hope to see that your Pokemon seemed to have the same thing on their minds, rushing alongside you in the hopes of getting their friend back. As you arrived at the makeshift home within the fallen log, you forced yourself to stay hidden. You had absolutely no clue what would happen if you emerged prematurely --- you could be attacked by this large group of Pokemon, and that certainly wouldn't do if you wanted your rescue efforts to be successful. You crouched down, making sure no part of you was visible as you spoke to your two remaining Pokemon. You instructed them to go in your place, making sure that they did not lie, and that they were only going in the hopes of convincing the Pokemon of the truth about Tengu. They both nodded, accepting what they would have to do. They had no enlargements, they wanted Tengu back just as much as you did.

DTM walked forward first, listening to everything that the Pokemon were saying. The happy chatter that followed welcoming a new Pokemon into their family, it was almost like a party. The Pokemon seemed very happy, crowding around their new brother, presenting him with various berries and other such goodies that had been gathered from the forest. DTM looked around nervously, worried that the Pokemon may turn on her once she spoke up about the truth. The Oddish seemed the closest to Tengu at this point, she had a large smile on her face as she chatted with Tengu. Unfortunately for her, the Seedot just replied with it's usual deep eerie sighs. DMT finally let out a deep breath and spoke up.

"What if it is not the trainer's fault that this Pokemon is hurt?" She asked, looking towards the crowd. The Croagunk, who was seemingly the leader of this gaggle of Pokemon glared in her direction. He eyed her closely, causing the Senret to gulp down a large amount of fluid from within her mouth.

"You don't look familiar..." He began to walk towards her, his fingers glowing, ready to fight the intruder if it was needed. The other Pokemon seemed ready to join in if it was needed. DTM stood her ground, ready to take a swing at any of the Pokemon if they dared to lay a finger on her.

Just as the fight was seemingly ready to begin, Tengu began to speak. It was as if he was fuelled by his friends being in danger --- he began to speak up about the truth as to what had happened to him. More life flowed through him than it ever had before. His speech was slow, still somewhat lifeless as he struggled to get all the words out. However, all eyes in the room were fixated on the Seedot. Oisin's jaw dropped, as did the small Oddish who had been standing so close to the acorn. Tengu slowly began to rise to his feet, standing boldly --- even though he had never had the strength in him to. He spoke more, and more, his pauses for breath came less frequently and he seemed to be filling with energy from the swamp itself.

The Croagunk looked mystified, he glanced towards DTM and Oisin. "Perhaps I misjudged your trainer... I sincerely apologise for that. However, perhaps it was destiny that he was brought to such a place." He glanced back at Tengu, who seemed far better off than he ever had before. "You're all free to go, I apologise for my behaviour earlier, please apologise to your trainer for me if you can." He gave a small bow, and gestured towards the entrance. The trio of Pokemon made their leave, returning to you almost as quickly as they had been gone. Seeing Tengu standing on his own fuelled you with hope that the swamp would indeed heal his ailment. You fought back the tears in your eyes of seeing him come so far. However, your reunion was cut short by a loud screech.

Your head swivelled back towards the fallen log filled with Pokemon, seeing them pilling out as fast as they could. The Oddish ran towards DTM and Oisin. "Help! Just after you left a group of snakes came and attacked us! Croagunk is trying to hold them off but he's super outnumbered!" Her eyes were pleading. DTM turned towards you and tried her best to explain the situation.

There are Pokemon in trouble! What do you do?



Morningstar: The graveyard was far to dishevelled to even be considered a proper place to bury the dead at this point. The path was sunken in in all the wrong places, overgrown with shrubbery and almost impossible to properly tread across. Each grave that you passed seemed to be far too faded with age to properly read what exactly rested below them, it was almost as if they were purposely scrubbed out to erase any existence of what rested here. Your Pokemon clutched the edge of your skirt, seemingly out of fear --- but it was actually in order to be at your side to protect you from any beast or possible ghost that tried to attack. A sigh pressed it's way out of your lips, why had you even come here? It was cold and dreary, it would have been a far better option for you to go to the village. At least there you wouldn't be out here, shivering like an fool with a large bundle of flowers in your hands.

Your attention was immediately drawn to a light in the distance, it was faint on the horizon, but just bright and pressing enough to draw your eyes to it. You felt the weight on your heart lift instantly, finally you'd have something interesting to do in this cruel and pressing graveyard. You kept an eye on it, asking your Mawile if she had seen it too. However, your Mawile seemed to be focusing on a bush nearby that had begun to rustle ominously in the wind. However, you weren't deterred --- you knew what you had seen and you knew that you desperately needed to get over there to check it out. You began to rush towards where it was coming from, causing your companion to frantically scurry behind you. Eventually, you thought it best to simply carry the creature, so that she wouldn't fall behind. She protested at first, but eventually accepted that this was the best for the both of them.

As you bounded across the uneven terrain of the graveyard, countless graves poked their heads out of the earth among your vision. The light also seemed to be getting brighter, and a little bit more clear the closer you seemed to get. As you approached, you noticed that the light actually seemed to be floating above the ground, as well as the fact that it had a rather pressing purple glow to it. This only fuelled your enthusiasm more, what could it possibly be? As you ran across a small gap of land in the graveyard, you noticed something odd. Not only was the light particularly bright and almost blinding from up close, it was actually in a lantern being carried by what looked to be another person.

It was a young girl, she had a long black rod in her hand from which a small cage like lantern swung --- which contained what looked to be a dripping white wax candle with a tremendously bright purple flame glowing atop of it. The girl herself looked quite normal, regular brown hair, somewhat darkened eyes with large bags under them, and messy ripped clothing. The clothing and eyes were probably just from playing in such a dreary place, the young girl had probably fallen and ripped up and dirtied her clothes, it was no cause for the concern that your Mawile was clearly displaying. The young girl's eyes seemed fixated on a hole in the ground, a shovel was at her side --- had she dug the hole? She was starring into it, unblinking even as you approached. She barely reacted to your presence, but the light seemed to glow even brighter once you got closer. What exactly was she looking at in that hole? It was about 4 feet tall, 2 feet wide, and of an unknown depth.

Do you dare look in it? Or would you rather get the girl's attention first? What do you do?


Patches: After having the painting swipe at you, you take a rather spectacular tumble --- the painting still in your grasp as you plummet to the ground. Your confusion only begins to get worse as you feel the room distort and shape itself around you, the hissing and growling still ever present as the lights flicker out and the door forcibly slams itself shut. Once everything seemed to have come to an abrupt stop, you find yourself sitting on the floor, staring directly into the bright gem eyes of the painting. The room is eerily quiet, the only noise the sound of Kiku's laughter. You find yourself feeling particularly angry and ruffled at this painting, you let out a loud huff and return to your feet. It was extremely rude of the painting to attack you! Didn't it have any manners?

You're prepared to give the painting a much needed talking to, until your eyes notice a light darting through the floorboards. Was that a trapdoor? Not that that was exactly important right now, you had unfinished business with this terrible piece of art. You turn to it and begin to give it a proper scolding with the most serious face you could muster, “Did you cause that door to slam and the lights to go out..?! Actually! That’s not what matters here. You swiped your claw at my face and that wasn’t very nice. You could have hurt me!”. You're rather upset at this inanimate object, it most certainly owes you an apology, but that apology never comes. You think the painting needs a time out, give it time to think about exactly what it did and hopefully form some sort of apology. Satisfied that you sorted out your initial problem, you begin to crawl around and try and find that darn trap door again. You know that whatever lies beyond it may in fact be the festival that you've been itching to get to since you arrived.

Your hands meet a seemingly loose piece of floor and you give it a good yank, revealing what looks to be a ladder leading into a dimly lit tunnel. You glance downwards, that chilly air was coming from down here, almost as if it lead back to the outside of the manor. However, you knew that this was the most likely candidate for the festival's location --- so you worked your way down. Once back on the ground of the passageway, you can swear you hear voices; perhaps those belong to the happy festivals participants? You begin to take a running start, ending up in what looks to be an almost dungeon-like area. The walls are a smooth grey concrete, nothing special about them in any way. However, there is something that strikes you almost immediately about this room... actually, there are several things.

A single table rests in the far back of the room, it's one of those cheap folding tables that you would often see being used for a party. The second is the pumpkin resting upon the table, it looks particularly fresh and undisturbed. The third is the two empty paintings that rest next to the table, they're seemingly just frames with nothing but blackness within them. The fourth is the banner... pink in color with crudely written letters spanning it's surface.

"WeLCUM PaTCHeS"

It almost looks as though a child had written it... do you dare go further into this room? What do you do?
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #54
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Halloweentown
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post

Morningstar: The graveyard was far to dishevelled to even be considered a proper place to bury the dead at this point. The path was sunken in in all the wrong places, overgrown with shrubbery and almost impossible to properly tread across. Each grave that you passed seemed to be far too faded with age to properly read what exactly rested below them, it was almost as if they were purposely scrubbed out to erase any existence of what rested here. Your Pokemon clutched the edge of your skirt, seemingly out of fear --- but it was actually in order to be at your side to protect you from any beast or possible ghost that tried to attack. A sigh pressed it's way out of your lips, why had you even come here? It was cold and dreary, it would have been a far better option for you to go to the village. At least there you wouldn't be out here, shivering like an fool with a large bundle of flowers in your hands.

Your attention was immediately drawn to a light in the distance, it was faint on the horizon, but just bright and pressing enough to draw your eyes to it. You felt the weight on your heart lift instantly, finally you'd have something interesting to do in this cruel and pressing graveyard. You kept an eye on it, asking your Mawile if she had seen it too. However, your Mawile seemed to be focusing on a bush nearby that had begun to rustle ominously in the wind. However, you weren't deterred --- you knew what you had seen and you knew that you desperately needed to get over there to check it out. You began to rush towards where it was coming from, causing your companion to frantically scurry behind you. Eventually, you thought it best to simply carry the creature, so that she wouldn't fall behind. She protested at first, but eventually accepted that this was the best for the both of them.

As you bounded across the uneven terrain of the graveyard, countless graves poked their heads out of the earth among your vision. The light also seemed to be getting brighter, and a little bit more clear the closer you seemed to get. As you approached, you noticed that the light actually seemed to be floating above the ground, as well as the fact that it had a rather pressing purple glow to it. This only fuelled your enthusiasm more, what could it possibly be? As you ran across a small gap of land in the graveyard, you noticed something odd. Not only was the light particularly bright and almost blinding from up close, it was actually in a lantern being carried by what looked to be another person.

It was a young girl, she had a long black rod in her hand from which a small cage like lantern swung --- which contained what looked to be a dripping white wax candle with a tremendously bright purple flame glowing atop of it. The girl herself looked quite normal, regular brown hair, somewhat darkened eyes with large bags under them, and messy ripped clothing. The clothing and eyes were probably just from playing in such a dreary place, the young girl had probably fallen and ripped up and dirtied her clothes, it was no cause for the concern that your Mawile was clearly displaying. The young girl's eyes seemed fixated on a hole in the ground, a shovel was at her side --- had she dug the hole? She was starring into it, unblinking even as you approached. She barely reacted to your presence, but the light seemed to glow even brighter once you got closer. What exactly was she looking at in that hole? It was about 4 feet tall, 2 feet wide, and of an unknown depth.

Do you dare look in it? Or would you rather get the girl's attention first? What do you do?


As Athena bounded through the graveyard, watching her feet didn’t land into any holes, she couldn’t help but feel excited. Was it a Pokemon? Some kind of strange spectral phenomenon? Éclair, on the other hand, didn’t care to know. She clung to her trainer tightly, trying not to be thrown to the ground if Athena happened to trip. The closer they got to the light, the more Athena observed about it. The color was like nothing she had ever seen, and was particularly mesmerizing. She slowed her pace, not wanting to disturb the figure that she spotted carrying the lantern.

“Purple fire? Isn’t that pretty Éclair?” She whispered to her Pokemon. Éclair didn’t answer, and was instead fixated on the young girl. Athena took notice of the child soon after. Though an odd sight, she rationalized that the graveyard was public property, anyone was able to walk through it on their own. During her travels, she had seen plenty of young children on their own, training and catching Pokemon. Only, this girl did not seem to have a companion with her. Athena twisted up her face in concern and confusion. Maybe she had gotten lost when playing? She let Éclair back down to the ground, and handed over the bouquet to her.

“Mawa…” The Mawile looked worried about what her trainer was thinking. This didn’t seem to deter her trainer, who had slowly begun to approach the little girl. Athena walked around the lantern, which strangely was not emitting any heat despite its brightness. Tucking the back of her skirt under her legs, she crouched down on the other side of the girl, smiling and trying to make contact with the little one.

“Hi sweetheart,” she started, putting on her best ‘big sister’ voice. “What are you doing?” She figured showing interest would make her seem friendly to the girl. If she understood she was there to help her, maybe she would be able to help locate the child’s parents. Waiting for an answer, she looked down into the hole, wondering what was so interesting about it.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:03 PM   #55
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
[SIZE="1"]sorry these took a while! I have a bad habit of wanting to wait for everyone before proceeding with updates ^^'

Kawaii: Knowing that your Pokemon was potentially in danger fuelled you to run faster than you had before. You had to get to Tengu, no matter what it took. It filled you with hope to see that your Pokemon seemed to have the same thing on their minds, rushing alongside you in the hopes of getting their friend back. As you arrived at the makeshift home within the fallen log, you forced yourself to stay hidden. You had absolutely no clue what would happen if you emerged prematurely --- you could be attacked by this large group of Pokemon, and that certainly wouldn't do if you wanted your rescue efforts to be successful. You crouched down, making sure no part of you was visible as you spoke to your two remaining Pokemon. You instructed them to go in your place, making sure that they did not lie, and that they were only going in the hopes of convincing the Pokemon of the truth about Tengu. They both nodded, accepting what they would have to do. They had no enlargements, they wanted Tengu back just as much as you did.

DTM walked forward first, listening to everything that the Pokemon were saying. The happy chatter that followed welcoming a new Pokemon into their family, it was almost like a party. The Pokemon seemed very happy, crowding around their new brother, presenting him with various berries and other such goodies that had been gathered from the forest. DTM looked around nervously, worried that the Pokemon may turn on her once she spoke up about the truth. The Oddish seemed the closest to Tengu at this point, she had a large smile on her face as she chatted with Tengu. Unfortunately for her, the Seedot just replied with it's usual deep eerie sighs. DMT finally let out a deep breath and spoke up.

"What if it is not the trainer's fault that this Pokemon is hurt?" She asked, looking towards the crowd. The Croagunk, who was seemingly the leader of this gaggle of Pokemon glared in her direction. He eyed her closely, causing the Senret to gulp down a large amount of fluid from within her mouth.

"You don't look familiar..." He began to walk towards her, his fingers glowing, ready to fight the intruder if it was needed. The other Pokemon seemed ready to join in if it was needed. DTM stood her ground, ready to take a swing at any of the Pokemon if they dared to lay a finger on her.

Just as the fight was seemingly ready to begin, Tengu began to speak. It was as if he was fuelled by his friends being in danger --- he began to speak up about the truth as to what had happened to him. More life flowed through him than it ever had before. His speech was slow, still somewhat lifeless as he struggled to get all the words out. However, all eyes in the room were fixated on the Seedot. Oisin's jaw dropped, as did the small Oddish who had been standing so close to the acorn. Tengu slowly began to rise to his feet, standing boldly --- even though he had never had the strength in him to. He spoke more, and more, his pauses for breath came less frequently and he seemed to be filling with energy from the swamp itself.

The Croagunk looked mystified, he glanced towards DTM and Oisin. "Perhaps I misjudged your trainer... I sincerely apologise for that. However, perhaps it was destiny that he was brought to such a place." He glanced back at Tengu, who seemed far better off than he ever had before. "You're all free to go, I apologise for my behaviour earlier, please apologise to your trainer for me if you can." He gave a small bow, and gestured towards the entrance. The trio of Pokemon made their leave, returning to you almost as quickly as they had been gone. Seeing Tengu standing on his own fuelled you with hope that the swamp would indeed heal his ailment. You fought back the tears in your eyes of seeing him come so far. However, your reunion was cut short by a loud screech.

Your head swivelled back towards the fallen log filled with Pokemon, seeing them pilling out as fast as they could. The Oddish ran towards DTM and Oisin. "Help! Just after you left a group of snakes came and attacked us! Croagunk is trying to hold them off but he's super outnumbered!" Her eyes were pleading. DTM turned towards you and tried her best to explain the situation.

There are Pokemon in trouble! What do you do?

Kawaii acted without thinking. She rushed forward and landed on her hands and knees to crawl into the grassy structure. The needles and twigs dug into her palms and knees but she kept crawling to save these pokemon. When she reached the area where the Crogunk was fighting off the snakes she directed all three of her pokemon towards the snakes. “DTM, Tengu, use tackle! Oisin use tackle as well.” Her pokemon companions nodded and the Seedot and the Sentret each chose a snake and charged towards it. The little grass type was looking more and motivated and took fighting seriously, maybe too seriously. He attacked with a wicked gleam in his empty eye sockets. He thought for a moment of that Oddish who liked him so much. That above all made him move faster and better.
DTM rushed forward and used her wide body to tackle the snakes. Even though she didn’t like fighting the little Sentret was going to try to protect the innocent pokemon that were sick and frightened. She hoped that those pokemon would find homes soon, even if it was homes in the wild. The normal-type had learned to like these pokemon very much.
Oisin tackled by using his hard hooves to do more damage. He wanted to defend these pokemon as well, they cared for his friend when all hope had seemed lost. He wanted to show that they cared for the safety of other pokemon not just their own. The deerling wanted to do his best.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:51 AM   #56
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582

OOC: My apologies to everyone for the delay in updates. It’s been one thing after another the past couple of weeks and it seems like every time I’ve sat down to update, something has come up! In addition, I’ve been sick, which has not helped. Thank you for your patience!


La Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs


Raves:
As expected, the ejected patron doesn’t seem to appreciate your interjection. Both he and his Pangoro turn to you, the latter of which towers menacingly over you. However, at the sight of your companion, it recoils slightly, intimidated by the Mawile’s cool resolve. This seems to irk its trainer, who gives it a drunken slap upside the head.

“Th’ fuck is wrong with you?” He snaps. “It’s just a girl an’ a fuckin’ faerie! Fucking girly shit. I’m so tired of this shit! What the fuck do you want, bitch?!”

The last question seems to be directed at you. The bouncer who ejected the drunkard leans in the doorway of the bar, watching the exchange; he apparently no longer deems this his problem, it no longer being in his bar, but damn if this isn’t entertaining. He lights a cigarette, deciding to take his fifteen, while his Pokémon returns inside to keep the patrons at bay in his absence.

Your dapper companion, meanwhile, has begun emitting a rather pleasant aroma, which seems to have caught the now downtrodden Pangoro off guard. Having been yelled at by her trainer, it looks on the verge of tears -- the first sign that it might not be as cut out for battle as its visage might suggest -- but it stops wiping its face when the delectable aroma hits its nostrils. Sniffing the air, it approaches Mawile, infatuated with the scent, and when close enough it bats its eyelashes at him, evidently trying to attract the dapper young ‘mon -- holy shit. It’s female! And she likes your Mawile’s cologne. Oh dear. Too polite to break the poor girl’s heart, Mawile finds himself between a rock and a hard place -- he has to let her down easy, right? But politeness can look an awful lot like infatuation to a girl like Pangoro, who hasn’t had much experience with suitors -- she misreads the signals, and bad.

The drunkard looks at you. The Pangoro makes eyes at Mawile. What next?



Le Cimetičre des Cśurs Oubliés


Balmund:
”Help?” Amelie asks, as if the question is strange to her. She looks to Yuki, who fits you with a suspicious glare; clearly, the Frosslass distrusts you. Her trainer less seemingly so, however, because she snickers; far less manic than her previous laughter -- her despair appears to have vacated for the moment. Nonetheless, she isn’t optimistic.

“Mister Balmund,” she begins, rather matter-of-factly. “I do not expect there is anything you can do to help me. But if you do like, you may join me for breakfast.”

Without waiting for your response, she turns, and begins walking through the snow, towards what takes you a moment to realize in the dim is the silhouette of a house on a hill in the distance. The edge of the sky behind it is just barely turning the first shades of blue, and you can make out the shape of a truly massive Apricorn tree, the likes of which are familiar to you; after a beat in time it occurs to you that you’ve see the tree before, standing alone above the cemetery, its domicile companion long gone in a time more familiar to you. Expecting you to walk with her, Amelie continues to speak, Yuki drifting alongside her with eerie, jerking movements.

“You aren’t the first,” she informs, liltingly, as if having read your mind. “Others have disturbed Yuki. She doesn’t care for the forwardness of men. I cannot say I blame her. She thinks you’re quite presumptuous, too, but I think you’re harmless. Foolish perhaps. A flirt. My fiance would have hated you.”

She snickers again. This time, Yuki snickers too. The sound is ethereal and unnerving. At the base of the hill now, Amelie pauses in her tracks, and turns to look at you, folding her hands behind her back.

“Tell me, mister Balmund -- have you ever been in love?”
Maskerade:
Fascinating -- and concerning -- though the arrow might be, your primary concern is your partner Pokémon, Munchlax. Putting the bizarrely-fletched projectile out of your mind, you wandered over to the Belue Berry bush to see what has fascinated the miniature glutton more than food. Sifting through the branches and brambles is a difficult task, and you spook more than a few Bug-type Pokémon in the process, but after a few moment’s digging, you come upon your answer: on the other side of a thick, forked branch at the base of the bush is what appears to be a nest!

Lined with leaves, it has eggs of varying sizes inside. Charcoal grey on top and light peach on bottom, with two golden spots each that almost seem to glow, they radiate an eerie ambiance despite being simple eggs. Munchlax is desperately trying to get to them, but his fat body cannot fit through the fork of the branches, mercifully saving the yet-unborn lives from a presumably swift end. Nonetheless, his grubby, greedy fingers wiggle centimeters from the slick, delicate surface of one of the ovum, his head crammed through the fork -- he really wants an omelette!

What will you do?



Le Marais Sacré de Celebi


Gemini Spark:
You take a seat under a nice, shady tree, so that you and your Pokémon can enjoy a long-awaited picnic lunch in this serene and picturesque scenery. Though your teammate’s eating habits may be macabre, you don’t mind; that’s just nature, after all! In fact, there’s a trainer around these parts who would sympathize quite well with your naturalist lifestyle.

The wind blows through the leaves, and the waters of the swamp ripple and bubble with life. Here and there, you hear something croak, or caw, or coo. Everything around here buzzes with life, staking out territory or seeking a mate; hunting for food or trying to stay off the menu. You and your gang don’t have to worry about such things, of course; you’re more than intimidating enough, more than prepared enough, to scare off anything that might try to make a meal out od you!

Satisfied with your vantage point, overlooking the beauty of Celebi’s sacred home, you begin unpacking your own foodstuffs, when something drops onto your head. Reaching up, you pluck a leaf out of your hair. How quaint! What a charming venue for a picnic! You set it aside, but another drops. And another. Looking up to see what might be causing the tree to shed, you jump when what appears to be a grimacing face glowers down at you!

Wait, no. Faces don’t have green skin. After the adrenaline subsides, you realize you’re looking at the raised haunch of a Spinarak. That’s… well, a little concerning. It doesn’t look happy, but it’s just one Bug-type. There were bound to be bugs all over this swamp. You’re about to shoo it off, when another descends from the tree you’re sitting under. And then another. And yet another. Soon, a dozen have crawled their way down the trunk. Then two dozen. Then three. Then an innumerable amount are covering the wood, and they all look pissed. Perhaps this was the wrong place for a picnic?

You’ve come for a friendly outing, but now you’re under a tree, covered in angry spiders! What will you do?!

134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #57
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,368
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post

Le Cimetičre des Cśurs Oubliés


Balmund:
”Help?” Amelie asks, as if the question is strange to her. She looks to Yuki, who fits you with a suspicious glare; clearly, the Frosslass distrusts you. Her trainer less seemingly so, however, because she snickers; far less manic than her previous laughter -- her despair appears to have vacated for the moment. Nonetheless, she isn’t optimistic.

“Mister Balmund,” she begins, rather matter-of-factly. “I do not expect there is anything you can do to help me. But if you do like, you may join me for breakfast.”

Without waiting for your response, she turns, and begins walking through the snow, towards what takes you a moment to realize in the dim is the silhouette of a house on a hill in the distance. The edge of the sky behind it is just barely turning the first shades of blue, and you can make out the shape of a truly massive Apricorn tree, the likes of which are familiar to you; after a beat in time it occurs to you that you’ve see the tree before, standing alone above the cemetery, its domicile companion long gone in a time more familiar to you. Expecting you to walk with her, Amelie continues to speak, Yuki drifting alongside her with eerie, jerking movements.

“You aren’t the first,” she informs, liltingly, as if having read your mind. “Others have disturbed Yuki. She doesn’t care for the forwardness of men. I cannot say I blame her. She thinks you’re quite presumptuous, too, but I think you’re harmless. Foolish perhaps. A flirt. My fiance would have hated you.”

She snickers again. This time, Yuki snickers too. The sound is ethereal and unnerving. At the base of the hill now, Amelie pauses in her tracks, and turns to look at you, folding her hands behind her back.

“Tell me, mister Balmund -- have you ever been in love?”
The question was a bit of a curve ball for the dragon tamer, who couldn't help but stop and take a moment of silence as he organized his thoughts, and, perhaps most importantly, his emotions. Iskra's grin widened a tad ominously as she indulged herself in the moment, savoring every last bit of melancholy. In truth, Duke had been in a number of relationships in his life, most amounting to nothing but short-lived and passing affairs and temporary infatuations. Heck, he once even had an affair with a friggin' mermaid, and yet, not even that one managed to hold a place in his heart. He would've answered a quick and rather false affirmation had he not known what it really meant to love. Alas, he had been through one such special relationship, however, and the fact that to this date he still hadn't recovered from its rupture bothered him greatly. It was rather pathetic, in a way. Though he understood the circumstances at the time to be rather strenuous at best for her, he always believed himself to be capable and trustworthy enough to shield her from whatever danger lurked over the shadows. Why then, did she choose to leave and go in hiding without as much as a single hint or warning? And try, he did, to find her, if only for some sort of answer. "Try" being the key word. He never truly understood her motives, and, in the end, it tormented him to ultimately find himself an unworthy hero for the one person it counts..

"... I have." He finally answers, almost coming off as a sigh. "It was love at first sight, if one can allow oneself enough naiveté to believe in such things. You remind me of her in some ways, to be honest. She's an intellectually gifted woman with an ethereal sort of beauty. Like some sort of mirage, it made one think she could just up and vanish in the blink of an eye. One day, she really did..."
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 07-10-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:49 AM   #58
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
(Hey guys, thank you for being patient with me. Sometimes life can get a bit hectic, and I'm sorry for the delay in your updates. That being said, you may notice something different about them! Starting today, I will be including music with your updates - it will almost always be instrumental, and it is meant to add an extra layer of immersion to the story's atmosphere by evoking more emotion. You obviously do not have to listen to them if you don't want to, but I hope you will, as I firmly believe the really do add some extra flavor to the story as you read along!)




134: [Update Music]

The groundskeeper remained silent as he continued to stride back the way you came. His movement was extremely stiff, almost robotic or doll-like. He slowly climbed the stairs you had descended, one leg at a time. As he carefully hoisted himself up the hidden staircase, his posture did not change or sway even slightly. His entire demeanor felt incredibly off, almost inhuman.

You and Pouli followed him up the stairs as he effortlessly closed the trapdoor behind you, staring at you blankly as he did so. In an effort to make conversation, you took up his offer for first aid, but declined the drink. He turned away and proceeded down the open hallway on the other side of the room, not responding. As you and your Houndour continued to follow the groundskeeper, you decided to once again try engaging in conversation, mentioning the carvings on the door you had found. Immediately, without warning, Pouli’s Will-o-Wisp flickered and died, encasing the entire hallway where you stood in total darkness. Before you had time to react, however, the room dimly lit back up. The groundskeeper was standing face to face with you, once more with a blank expression, holding a candle in his grasp. He stepped backward and turned around, once again walking forward. “I always come down here prepared,” he said. “The breeze makes it difficult for flames to be kept alight.”

As you started to once again follow the groundskeeper down the hallway, you couldn’t help but immediately realize something was wrong.

Pouli was gone.





Sandaa: [Ambiance] + [Update Music]

As the swarm of Carvanha picked up their pace, their yellow fins jutting out of the water and gliding toward you effortlessly, Kratos dug his hand into the side of the small hill and propelled himself downward, curling the mud in his palm as he slid to your side. With a forceful thrust, the Golduck palmed the sizeable chunk of mud across the swap with a hefty Mud Bomb. With a large splash, all of the Carvanha immediately ceased movement, but only briefly. At once, they turned to the source of the splash and began darting toward it at a furious pace.

Breathing a sigh of relief, you looked around to find something to pull yourself out of the swamp. Thankfully, it wasn’t difficult, as there were a number of vines hanging from the mangroves, some even dipping into the bogs below. You grabbed a vine and tugged gently to make sure it was safe before lifting yourself onto the land. The torrential rainfall continued as you slowly found your footing, making sure you had a firm balance before reaching upward to grab another vine to lift yourself back up the side of the hill. After repeating this process several times, you finally managed to come back to the top of the hill that you had fallen from, grabbing one final vine and thrusting your weight forward toward the makeshift trail that you had been walking on previously. However, while you yanked the vine and lifted yourself up back to the trail, you could immediately perceive a difference in the way the vine felt within your grasp. Before you had time to analyze the situation, the vine reacted, immediately whipping you onto the muddy pathway with a tumble.

In the blink of an eye, a large, flat-headed, plant-like creature dropped from the canopy, its jaws wide open, the outside of which were lined with jagged, spiky teeth that oozed thick gobs of saliva - and it was lunging right at you.





Missingno. Master: [Update Music]

The woman seemed thrilled to have sold the Honey. She looked at you with sincere eyes, and she looked as though she was holding back tears. “Thank you. So very much.” She positioned herself with her basket at her side and slid the money into a pocket. “My name is Melody. It’s nice to meet you. How about… you come inside my shop. It’s a bit of a story.”

Melody turned and led you into her shop, which happened to be one of the small houses that lined the dirt road you had encountered her on. The shop itself was dusty, but had a very rustic aesthetic. There wasn’t much room inside, but there were numerous shelves lined with different colored jars and trinkets, including toys and woodwind instruments. She led you to a small room behind the counter, where there were two small chairs and a coffee table between them. As you sat, she poured you a cup of tea - and stirred in a spoonful of honey.

“I’m not sure there is much you can do to help us, but I suppose there’s no harm in sharing the story,” she said glumly as she sat in the chair opposite to you. She furrowed her brow and crossed her legs. “This village has long been an exporter of honey and Combeeswax products to much of the outside world. The majority of our villagers have have some sort of part to play in that industry, and for as long as our town has existed, it’s kept us going. At least, until recently…” She trailed off a bit and took a sip of her own tea. She scrunched her face, pursed her lips, and then let out a sigh.

“There’s a natural cycle at play that we help catalyze, and it’s been that way for generations. The Combee collect nectar from the flowers to make honey for their Vespiquen, pollinating the flowers they visit in the process. This symbiotic relationship allows the flowers to continue to grow and thrive, while producing more food for the Combee. The Combee allow us to collect the excess and leftover Combeeswax, and in exchange we continue to take care of the flowers as well as their homes. It’s an unspoken agreement between people and Pokemon that you probably wouldn’t find anywhere else…” She sighed again, this time with more agitation in her voice.

“But we made a mistake. About two years ago, we began to notice honey production was rapidly declining, and we weren’t sure why. After we did some investigation, we realized that the Combee population also seemed to be declining, but we couldn’t figure out the root cause of it. We tried a number of things to reinvigorate the colonies, but nothing worked. Things continued to get worse, and it started to put our town into a bind economically. People were just barely scraping by. Last year, when we saw no improvement, we called in a Melitologist, someone who specializes in the study of bee Pokemon, to come investigate. She spent a while analyzing our forest’s colonies and was unable to determine the cause of the decline. However, she proposed a ‘solution’ to the problem. She figured that by bringing in male Kantoan Beedrill and breeding them with some of our female Combee that she would be able to help restore the Combee population. Well, her plan did work, however, there was a downside; these hybrid Combee were far more aggressive and their honey output was limited to only what they needed to produce.”

She took a deep breath, and another sip of her tea. “I’m sorry for talking so much, but this story has quite a lot to it. Anyhow, the short of it is this - these new hybrid Combee began to bully the native Combee out of their colonies, which only made our problem worse. Our native Combee are dying, and only a handful of their colonies remain. The flowers that need to be pollinated aren’t being pollinated, causing them to die in droves. The lowered honey production means there our livelihoods are at risk, and the Pokemon of the forest are beginning to migrate en masse because they are losing food sources, and the Combee are becoming too aggressive for them to want to stick around. In short, we are in the midst of an ecological crisis.”

She stood up and looked out the window and remained silent for a moment. “I don’t think there’s much you could do to help, but… if you want to talk to the Melitologist… maybe she’d have something for you to do, I don’t know. She’s probably at one of the nearby colonies near the edge of the swamp to the south of the village doing research. If you head that way you’re sure to run into her.” She turned to you and gave a sad, but faint smile. “I do appreciate your listening and your concern, mister... what was your name again, sweetheart?”



Neverthrive: [Update Music]

The strange, yet beautiful music, that was no doubt some sort of symphony, continued to play as you and your Squirtle followed it, not even realizing that you had become so fixated on it that you had ceased paying attention to your own actions. As you made your way to the edge of the swamp, still enamoured by the music, your foot caught hold of a rock under the water, causing you to trip over yourself and faceplant directly into grass on the edge of the marsh. Your Squirtle was immediately concerned and rushed over to ensure that you were okay - but your stumble could not, and did not, break your attention. Civilization. That music - yes, it had to be civilization. This swamp wasn’t what you had thought it would be, and the thought that you could find civilization was as exciting to you as the music that continued to play.

As you lifted yourself out of the bog, you and Greg remained mesmerized by the song that was playing in the distance - the sound of the xylophone, the strings, the wooden percussion, the wind instruments! Yes, it was all so exciting - and then the music became softer, and for a moment, perhaps even somber - and then eventually louder again, and once again it began repeating itself from the beginning. As you walked down the forest path in front of you, your legs steadily picked up pace, the music getting louder with each step. Every now and then, the sun would pierce through the forest canopy, hitting vines and illuminating the trees on the sides of the narrow pathway.

You aren’t sure how long you and your Squirtle walked for, but you followed your ears, eventually straying off of the trail entirely to find the source of the music. Eventually, the music became loud, so loud that it was drowning the sounds out of everything else around you. You and the tiny turtle Pokemon were met face to face with a large wall of underbrush, which stood between you and the source of the music, whatever it was. Civilization, yes! That’s what it had to be. There was no denying it. You reached through the thicket, parting the old vines and leaves, and…

It was beautiful, enchanting, and like something out of a storybook, or a fairy tale - but it wasn’t civilization. That didn’t matter, though; this was unprecedented. Before you was a large, shaded clearing with trickles of light penetrating the forest ceiling above, the rays dancing as the wind skirted the tree tops. But more importantly was the spectacle that unfolded before you; Pokemon, and lots of them, all facing the direction opposite of where you were. Numerous Kricketot gleefully vibrated their antennae against each other; several Chingling rocked their bodies back and forth, occasionally leaping into the air; a few Chimecho hung on tree branches beside them, swaying in the wind; several Nuzleaf sat on tree branches, blowing their leaves as though they were flutes; a single Tangela outstretched its vines against a rock and shook each one to produce a sound; multiple Pikipek scattered among various trees gently pecked at the bark rhythmically; and finally, a single Kricketune stood directly in front of them, swinging its arms and guiding the rest of this oddball of an orchestra as though it were its conductor.

None of these Pokemon seemed to notice your presence and continued to play their song none the wiser. What do you do?
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #59
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
Maskerade:
[INDENT]Fascinating -- and concerning -- though the arrow might be, your primary concern is your partner Pokémon, Munchlax. Putting the bizarrely-fletched projectile out of your mind, you wandered over to the Belue Berry bush to see what has fascinated the miniature glutton more than food. Sifting through the branches and brambles is a difficult task, and you spook more than a few Bug-type Pokémon in the process, but after a few moment’s digging, you come upon your answer: on the other side of a thick, forked branch at the base of the bush is what appears to be a nest!

Lined with leaves, it has eggs of varying sizes inside. Charcoal grey on top and light peach on bottom, with two golden spots each that almost seem to glow, they radiate an eerie ambiance despite being simple eggs. Munchlax is desperately trying to get to them, but his fat body cannot fit through the fork of the branches, mercifully saving the yet-unborn lives from a presumably swift end. Nonetheless, his grubby, greedy fingers wiggle centimeters from the slick, delicate surface of one of the ovum, his head crammed through the fork -- he really wants an omelette!

What will you do?
Eggs?!

A number of conflicting thoughts flooded his mind all at once. Immediately he wondered which species of Pokémon laid eggs with such curious pattern, with little luck; then, he wondered if the arrow belonged to one of the progenitors, keeping guard over the nest, or on the contrary, an approaching predator; also, he postulated that the parents might no longer be around, which meant the eggs were unguarded against poachers; and finally, he realized the most dangerous poacher of all within range was… Munchlax himself!

“Munchlax, NO!!”

Hastily, clumsily, but no doubt necessary, Rorik shouted and lunged at the gluttonous idiot – effectively breaking his cover if anyone was on the lookout, but tackling the bear just in time before he could overcome the branch barrier and nab one of the eggs. Human and Pokémon tumbled to the floor, with Rorik winding up on top, pinning the small bear to the ground.

“Now you listen here,” he began, his usual composure as mangled as his lab coat, “you have no right to steal eggs, let alone eat them! They are unborn babies, what were you thinking?! And what of the parents, what do you think they would do to us?”

The Professor went on with his lecture, wondering all the while just how much of it Munchlax was effectively retaining. He knew he was prone to excessively long discourses when riled up, but educating the critter was of critical importance for their continued survival. If they were to ever function as a team and establish a bond worth studying, then Rorik would have to take it upon him to weed out Munchlax’s bad habits before they became an irremediable problem.

To this, Munchlax yawned, and his belly growled. The Professor shook his head in defeat, then rose to his feet ever-so-carefully, lest another arrow struck him down. Scanning the perimeter with his head mere inches above the bushes, he finally acknowledged he would need extra help in the endeavour. The eggs had peaked his interest, but he was at a loss about how to proceed.

A PokéBall fell to the grassy floor and snapped open, materializing a Staryu, Rorik’s other companion. Adopted by mistake at the New Fizz Adoption Center, the Professor still wasn’t sure what to do with the expressionless starfish, but its Analytic behaviour could no doubt be an invaluable trait. Hard to decipher as it was, the Water-Type still felt more dependable than the Pokémon gifted to Rorik by the Champion of Heiml himself, which was ironic to say the least.

“Staryu,” he whispered, his composure regained, “can you sense any nearby Pokémon? Any that could be the keepers of these eggs?”

The rule-bound Professor was vehemently opposed to theft of any kind, but he was so immensely curious about this find… It had been repeatedly postulated on several renowned journals that Pokémon born from eggs in the possession of humans bonded with those Trainers much faster, having known them since birth. He longed to test that theory himself - his previous attempt at Springtime Isle having gone terribly awry - but he wasn’t about to steal just to satisfy his curiosity…

Unless the parents are no longer able to take care of them, he wondered as he tossed the nest another look, in which case we should stay and protect them… right?
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:30 PM   #60
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
(Hey guys, thank you for being patient with me. Sometimes life can get a bit hectic, and I'm sorry for the delay in your updates. That being said, you may notice something different about them! Starting today, I will be including music with your updates - it will almost always be instrumental, and it is meant to add an extra layer of immersion to the story's atmosphere by evoking more emotion. You obviously do not have to listen to them if you don't want to, but I hope you will, as I firmly believe the really do add some extra flavor to the story as you read along!)




Missingno. Master: [Update Music]

The woman seemed thrilled to have sold the Honey. She looked at you with sincere eyes, and she looked as though she was holding back tears. “Thank you. So very much.” She positioned herself with her basket at her side and slid the money into a pocket. “My name is Melody. It’s nice to meet you. How about… you come inside my shop. It’s a bit of a story.”

Melody turned and led you into her shop, which happened to be one of the small houses that lined the dirt road you had encountered her on. The shop itself was dusty, but had a very rustic aesthetic. There wasn’t much room inside, but there were numerous shelves lined with different colored jars and trinkets, including toys and woodwind instruments. She led you to a small room behind the counter, where there were two small chairs and a coffee table between them. As you sat, she poured you a cup of tea - and stirred in a spoonful of honey.

“I’m not sure there is much you can do to help us, but I suppose there’s no harm in sharing the story,” she said glumly as she sat in the chair opposite to you. She furrowed her brow and crossed her legs. “This village has long been an exporter of honey and Combeeswax products to much of the outside world. The majority of our villagers have have some sort of part to play in that industry, and for as long as our town has existed, it’s kept us going. At least, until recently…” She trailed off a bit and took a sip of her own tea. She scrunched her face, pursed her lips, and then let out a sigh.

“There’s a natural cycle at play that we help catalyze, and it’s been that way for generations. The Combee collect nectar from the flowers to make honey for their Vespiquen, pollinating the flowers they visit in the process. This symbiotic relationship allows the flowers to continue to grow and thrive, while producing more food for the Combee. The Combee allow us to collect the excess and leftover Combeeswax, and in exchange we continue to take care of the flowers as well as their homes. It’s an unspoken agreement between people and Pokemon that you probably wouldn’t find anywhere else…” She sighed again, this time with more agitation in her voice.

“But we made a mistake. About two years ago, we began to notice honey production was rapidly declining, and we weren’t sure why. After we did some investigation, we realized that the Combee population also seemed to be declining, but we couldn’t figure out the root cause of it. We tried a number of things to reinvigorate the colonies, but nothing worked. Things continued to get worse, and it started to put our town into a bind economically. People were just barely scraping by. Last year, when we saw no improvement, we called in a Melitologist, someone who specializes in the study of bee Pokemon, to come investigate. She spent a while analyzing our forest’s colonies and was unable to determine the cause of the decline. However, she proposed a ‘solution’ to the problem. She figured that by bringing in male Kantoan Beedrill and breeding them with some of our female Combee that she would be able to help restore the Combee population. Well, her plan did work, however, there was a downside; these hybrid Combee were far more aggressive and their honey output was limited to only what they needed to produce.”

She took a deep breath, and another sip of her tea. “I’m sorry for talking so much, but this story has quite a lot to it. Anyhow, the short of it is this - these new hybrid Combee began to bully the native Combee out of their colonies, which only made our problem worse. Our native Combee are dying, and only a handful of their colonies remain. The flowers that need to be pollinated aren’t being pollinated, causing them to die in droves. The lowered honey production means there our livelihoods are at risk, and the Pokemon of the forest are beginning to migrate en masse because they are losing food sources, and the Combee are becoming too aggressive for them to want to stick around. In short, we are in the midst of an ecological crisis.”

She stood up and looked out the window and remained silent for a moment. “I don’t think there’s much you could do to help, but… if you want to talk to the Melitologist… maybe she’d have something for you to do, I don’t know. She’s probably at one of the nearby colonies near the edge of the swamp to the south of the village doing research. If you head that way you’re sure to run into her.” She turned to you and gave a sad, but faint smile. “I do appreciate your listening and your concern, mister... what was your name again, sweetheart?”
Keith couldn't help but smile at how appreciative the woman seemed at his purchasing a few jars of Honey. He nodded as Melody requested that he come with her, and so they entered one of the small houses. The shop did not have a lot of room in it, and was quite dusty, but it had a rustic feel to it Keith couldn't help but appreciate.

Soon, they were seated in a room behind the counter, Keith with a cup of tea that had some honey stirred in. He listened as Melody explained about the dwindling Combee population, about the Melitologist who came in to help, but only wound up making things even worse- breeding the Combee with male Beedrill from Kanto resulted in particularly vicious Combee who only made as much honey as they strictly required and were driving out the other Pokémon. "Dat's why we ain't seen so much as a single wild Pokémon around here!" Meowth exclaimed.

"That'd do it, alright," Keith agreed. "My name, by the way, is Keith Masters. I'm a Pokémon Trainer from Lavaridge Town in Hoenn." He gave a small sigh- Melody had a point, after all, this problem seemed to be pretty significant. Significant enough that one man probably shouldn't hope to fix it himself. But then, that's also how the problems facing Aduro Island had seemed, Keith reminded himself, and he wound up being the reason the island's volcano went inactive, the island's wild Pokémon were freed from Heatran's tyrannical rule, and the island's Heatmor population now stood an actual chance at survival. Of course, it was foolish to think that on that basis alone he absolutely could fix this... but by the same token, it was this adventure of his that gave him hope that maybe, just maybe, there could be something he could do. "...You know what, I'll do that," he nodded. "I'll speak with the Melitologist. Hell, maybe I could try and figure out the reason the Combee population started dwindling to begin with. Meowth, you could probably help with that if the Combee themselves know anything, yeah?"

Meowth shrugged. "Ya ain't wrong," he conceded.

Keith turned back to Melody. "I don't know if I'm gonna be able to help this town," he said. "But what I can promise you for sure, Melody, is that I'm gonna do my best to help."

"And his best ain't too shabby," Meowth added.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:34 PM   #61
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~
 
Whimsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Literally everywhere
Posts: 1,860
Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post


Le Marécage Noir


La Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs
The City of Jesters and Thieves, as it has come to be known, is a place of celebration and a place of woe. Often alight with festivals, the city is a place where good food, good drink, and fine company can easily be found. Be wary, however: there is no shortage of crime here. Pickpockets and thieves roam the streets looking for easy marks. Gamblers and con artists are eager to take the unsuspecting for all that they have. Perhaps because of the constant excitement and trickery, Psychic Pokémon gather here, feeding on the energy of winners and losers alike. The constant excitement is enough to turn anyone on their head. Will you try your luck here, at la Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs? Please reply in Goldenrod.
The curtains rose on the theatre stage. The spotlights blared down, illuminating Michael in their domineering light. He took a few nervous steps forward towards the microphone. His whole body, from the palms of his hands to the soles of his feet were tense and sweaty. He looked out into the empty, judgmental eyes that filled the crowd. They were there for a performance. They were here for him. He felt his knees growing weak. There were so many people… so many people to impress. He couldn’t mess up here. The music started to play. He opened his mouth…
And what came out wasn’t his voice. He cupped his hands to his mouth, horrified, trying to stem the flow of vomit. He heard the crowd’s murmurs and jeers of disapproval crescendo in volume. Michael was crying now, his tears mixing with the half-digested spaghetti his mum had cooked him earlier that night in his hands. This was a disaster! He fell to his knees, unable to move, unable to breathe…. Until he felt the world beneath him give way.
And then Michael woke up. He looked around. Luckily the other commuters on the bus with him didn’t seem to have noticed he’d nodded off. He really had to stop falling asleep on public transport, it was a bad habit. And speaking of bad habits…
Michael reached up and lifted the Munna that was currently drooling in his hair off his head.
“Thanks for that Es, you were supposed to make sure I didn’t fall asleep.” Michael said. Esmerelda yawned.
“I’m sorry… I just felt like taking a quick nap of my own…” She murmured in her sleep. Michael couldn’t help but chuckle lightly. That was just like her. At least she’d managed to wake him up by eating that nightmare of his. He didn’t know why the thought of joining a theatre group freaked him out this much. He was always the sort of person who liked being the center of attention, so why did the thought of being paid attention to make him freeze up like that? It was so annoying…
The bus rattled to a halt. Michael tentatively departed the vehicle with Esmerelda reattached to his head. He looked down at the list of theatre auditions in the area he had made. The City of Jesters and Thieves... this did sound like the type of place filled with the chaotic atmosphere in which he thrived. But was he really ready to do this? He wasn’t sure.
He really wasn't sure.
__________________


Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty


Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:04 AM   #62
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Sandaa: [Ambiance] + [Update Music]

As the swarm of Carvanha picked up their pace, their yellow fins jutting out of the water and gliding toward you effortlessly, Kratos dug his hand into the side of the small hill and propelled himself downward, curling the mud in his palm as he slid to your side. With a forceful thrust, the Golduck palmed the sizeable chunk of mud across the swap with a hefty Mud Bomb. With a large splash, all of the Carvanha immediately ceased movement, but only briefly. At once, they turned to the source of the splash and began darting toward it at a furious pace.

Breathing a sigh of relief, you looked around to find something to pull yourself out of the swamp. Thankfully, it wasn’t difficult, as there were a number of vines hanging from the mangroves, some even dipping into the bogs below. You grabbed a vine and tugged gently to make sure it was safe before lifting yourself onto the land. The torrential rainfall continued as you slowly found your footing, making sure you had a firm balance before reaching upward to grab another vine to lift yourself back up the side of the hill. After repeating this process several times, you finally managed to come back to the top of the hill that you had fallen from, grabbing one final vine and thrusting your weight forward toward the makeshift trail that you had been walking on previously. However, while you yanked the vine and lifted yourself up back to the trail, you could immediately perceive a difference in the way the vine felt within your grasp. Before you had time to analyze the situation, the vine reacted, immediately whipping you onto the muddy pathway with a tumble.

In the blink of an eye, a large, flat-headed, plant-like creature dropped from the canopy, its jaws wide open, the outside of which were lined with jagged, spiky teeth that oozed thick gobs of saliva - and it was lunging right at you.
As the Carvanha in the swamp drew in closer and closer, Gary could only watch nervously and hope for the best with Kratos. Luckily his Golduck’s Mud Bomb was able to provide enough of a distraction as the swarm of fish veered off course and darted over to investigate the splash. Seizing the opportunity, Gary spun around and reached for the nearest vine. He quickly gave it a quick tug to test its strength and when it held firm, he pulled hard to guide himself out of the bog.

Gary quickly reached for vine after vine to continue pulling himself up the muddy slope, Kratos not far behind. Kratos was having a much easier time of escaping the swamp, thanks to his webbed toes giving him proper traction in the wet terrain. Eventually the two made it back to the top of the slope where they had previously been on the trail before sliding into the dangerous swamp below. Gary reached out and tugged on one last hanging vine to pull himself up back onto the trail.

Yet, there was something off about this vine, as it gave way when Gary pulled on it. Stumbling forward, Gary tried to grab the earth so he wouldn’t tumble all the way back down into the swamp and have this all be for naught. However, by doing so he was now left in a defenseless position, and Gary could suddenly feel a killing intent coming from above. He glanced up to see a large shadow accompanied by a large toothy mouth and leafy appendages. It would be moments until he would become potential dinner, and at this point instinct took over. “Kratos!” Gary yelled, grabbing his Pokemon’s attention. “Duck!” the Golduck responded, instantly knowing what his trainer meant, not by some kind of psychic connection, but rather years of experience battling together. Kratos turned to the plant-like creature and aimed, ready to launch an Ice Beam to blast it off its mark.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:07 AM   #63
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Sandaa - [Update Music] + [Atmosphere]

Wasting no time, the Golduck reacted immediately to your cry for help. Thanks to the pouring rain, his Swift Swim kicked into gear, managing to allot him just the speed boost needed to prompt his rapid response. The Carnivine lunged from the canopy above with its jaws gaping, just moments away from making you its next meal, and if it weren’t for the sudden blast of an Ice Beam to its side, it would have succeeded. Kratos’ beam of ice fired from the duck Pokemon like a gun, but what he didn’t immediately realize is that because of his need for a quick response, the attack didn’t land a perfect hit. What was important though, was that the attack had managed to knock the piranha plant Pokemon off of its trajectory, causing it to tumble forward onto the pathway and literally eat the dirt.

It took a moment for the Carnivine to collect itself, as it seemed completely caught off guard by the super-effective hit, probably having thought that its meal was a done deal. The Pokemon laid still for a moment before rolling onto its side and Ingraining its long tendrils into the muddy soil, recovering a bit of health from the Golduck’s ice attack. For the first time, it opened its eyes and looked at you and Kratos: it did not look happy. The Pokemon lifted its leafy arms into the air as it remained situated in place, absorbing nutrients from the earth. The mangroves surrounding you began to rock back and forth, shaking faster and harder by the moment, causing their leaves to break off from the branches and fall into the open air. They began to slowly spin around the Carnivine in a rhythmic motion with more leaves joining in with every passing moment. Finally, with a thrusting forward of its leafy arms, the creature whipped forth a powerful Leaf Tornado, sending the spiraling gust of wind and leaves directly across the trail and into your Golduck, the sharp edges of the leaves furiously cutting across the duck Pokemon’s skin with with a super-effective hit of its own. The Golduck lifted his arms and crossed them into an ‘X’ shape over his face to protect him from potentially severely harmful injury, but as the leaves within the attack were both numerous and blinding, Kratos’ accuracy was lowered - though with the Carnivine still absorbing nutrients with Ingrain, it seemed hard to think the Pokemon wouldn’t be able to easily land its mark…

The Carnivine healed a little more from the damage it had taken from the initial Ice Beam. Now it was furious that it was unable to eat its prey... and it doesn’t seem interested in letting you pass without putting up a fight.




Missingno. Master - [Update Music]


After finishing your honey tea, both you and Meowth parted ways with Melody with a set destination in mind: the southern edge of the swamp, located on the southside of the village. According to Melody, the Melitologist should be there studying one of the Combee’s colonies, and if all went well, you would try to find a way to help this village’s dire situation - even if it meant going against all odds to do so. That is what you do, after all - it wouldn’t be the first time, and it most certainly wouldn’t be the last. Simply put, there’s no harm in at least trying, right?

The swamp wasn’t too far to the south of the village. The walk was pleasant - a pair of Fletchling sang from the canopy above, the first time in quite a while you had heard any bird Pokemon singing their songs within the forest. Unfortunately though, the death of flowers was rapidly spreading and could be seen here as well - patches upon patches of flowers and bushes were completely wilted and decaying, the lack of proper pollination slowly but surely killing them off one by one - a blatant eyesore sticking out among the rest of the jubilant and life-filled forest.

You finally reached the shore of the swamp after about twenty minutes of walking and began circling around the edge, following course to the other side of the swamp to find the Bee Pokemon researcher. Your curiosity did not take long to be sated, however, but not in the way you had most likely hoped. A sudden shriek cracked across the quiet swamp, sending a group of previously hidden Woobat out from the shade they had been hiding within and bolting across the forest and into the treetops. It wasn’t hard to find the source of the sound, though. On the opposite side of the swamp from where you stood was a person clad in bee keeper gear, on their hands and knees, shaking fearfully and burying their head into their elbows for protection. Above them circled several Combee, each taking a turn dive bombing the individual and attempting to attack with a fierce Bug Bite. In the center, unmoving, hovered a single Combee. It did not attack, it did not move - it simply hovered in place and watched, almost as though it were in charge of the group. The voice suddenly yelped again, this time making it clear that it was that of a woman, as another Combee dove from the air and attacked her from behind once more with another Bug Bite. The woman crawled to a nearby tree and grabbed ahold of the bark to try and pull herself up. “Please, st-sto-” she was unable to finish the sentence. The Combee group all suddenly stopped moving and became still at once. The single Combee that had previously remained silent suddenly became visibly angry and started plunging into the woman over and over, ramming into her from the back, knocking her off balance, and pushing her to the ground, all while the other Combee took their turns to silently watch.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:43 AM   #64
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Sandaa - [Update Music] + [Atmosphere]

Wasting no time, the Golduck reacted immediately to your cry for help. Thanks to the pouring rain, his Swift Swim kicked into gear, managing to allot him just the speed boost needed to prompt his rapid response. The Carnivine lunged from the canopy above with its jaws gaping, just moments away from making you its next meal, and if it weren’t for the sudden blast of an Ice Beam to its side, it would have succeeded. Kratos’ beam of ice fired from the duck Pokemon like a gun, but what he didn’t immediately realize is that because of his need for a quick response, the attack didn’t land a perfect hit. What was important though, was that the attack had managed to knock the piranha plant Pokemon off of its trajectory, causing it to tumble forward onto the pathway and literally eat the dirt.

It took a moment for the Carnivine to collect itself, as it seemed completely caught off guard by the super-effective hit, probably having thought that its meal was a done deal. The Pokemon laid still for a moment before rolling onto its side and Ingraining its long tendrils into the muddy soil, recovering a bit of health from the Golduck’s ice attack. For the first time, it opened its eyes and looked at you and Kratos: it did not look happy. The Pokemon lifted its leafy arms into the air as it remained situated in place, absorbing nutrients from the earth. The mangroves surrounding you began to rock back and forth, shaking faster and harder by the moment, causing their leaves to break off from the branches and fall into the open air. They began to slowly spin around the Carnivine in a rhythmic motion with more leaves joining in with every passing moment. Finally, with a thrusting forward of its leafy arms, the creature whipped forth a powerful Leaf Tornado, sending the spiraling gust of wind and leaves directly across the trail and into your Golduck, the sharp edges of the leaves furiously cutting across the duck Pokemon’s skin with with a super-effective hit of its own. The Golduck lifted his arms and crossed them into an ‘X’ shape over his face to protect him from potentially severely harmful injury, but as the leaves within the attack were both numerous and blinding, Kratos’ accuracy was lowered - though with the Carnivine still absorbing nutrients with Ingrain, it seemed hard to think the Pokemon wouldn’t be able to easily land its mark…

The Carnivine healed a little more from the damage it had taken from the initial Ice Beam. Now it was furious that it was unable to eat its prey... and it doesn’t seem interested in letting you pass without putting up a fight.
As the toothy plant grew closer and closer to his face, Gary’s life flashed before his eyes. Memories of growing up in Azalea Town, meeting his pet Slowpoke Pokey for the first time, playing with his cousin Bugsy at the Slowpoke Well, starting off on his Pokemon journey with Typhu, and all of the adventures they shared since coming to Fizzytopia. However, Gary did not close his eyes in fear. They stared defiantly at the Carnivine as the wind and the rain fell from above, for he had complete confidence in his Golduck.

Inches from his demise, the Carnivine was suddenly blasted off course by an Ice Beam from Kratos, the Venus fly trap landing with a thud in the muddy trail. With danger averted by a hair’s length, Gary slowly got to his feet and shot Kratos a grateful smirk, who replied with a confident but not cocky thumbs-up. Now that he was back on his feet on sure footing, Gary turned to face the Carnivine as it angrily picked itself back up. It then dug its vine-like roots into the ground, absorbing nutrients with an Ingrain.

The Carnivine followed up its assault with a Leaf Tornado, a gust-like flurry of leaves pelting off the water-typed Golduck. Gary bit his lip as Kratos couldn’t have enjoyed that. He noticed that the attack disoriented Kratos a little, but Carnivine fixating itself to the ground would end up working in their favor, Gary thought. “Alright, Kratos, shake it off! It’s already mobilized itself with that Ingrain, so let’s hamper it further by Disabling its Leaf Tornado attacks! Since it’s stuck in one place, maintain your distance and blast it with a Blizzard!” Gary had already wasted enough time by falling into the swamp. He knew that a man’s life was in the balance, and he wouldn’t let himself forget that. For now, this Carnivine would have to face the consequences of picking a fight with him.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:49 AM   #65
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Sandaa - [Update Music] + Heavy Storm

BOOM

The sound of thunder exploded in the air as lightning cracked, striking a mangrove tree not too far from where you were, splitting it right in two. The rain was pouring at its hardest yet; A thick blanket of silver fell from the sky, painting everything in its path, continuing to drench you, the Pokemon, and your surroundings. The marshes were filling up quickly and spilling over formerly dry land, flooding, and in some cases, connecting to form a super-sized swamp. The Leaf Tornado slowly petered out and came to a halt, the leaves that were once within eventually all falling from the air and coating the wet, muddy earth below. Kratos was dripping wet, but that was fine - this was the kind of weather that he thrived in. He looked fairly beat up from the attack, the leaves having clearly left their mark on the duck Pokemon. He shot you a glance - and another thumbs up, this time while clearly biting his tongue and choking back pain.

With the command given as the enemy continued to Ingrain itself, Kratos' eyes glowed blue as he lifted his open hands outward toward the Carnivine, enveloping it in a blue aura. The Golduck then clenched his hands shut, Disabling the Carnivine from being able to use its Leaf Tornado again. A look of extreme frustration spreaded across the Venus Flytrap Pokemon's face as it sat still realizing that it was no longer able to whip forth another Leaf Tornado.

And then, something odd happened - a sinister look crept across the Carnivine's demeanor. Wasting no time, Golduck retaliated with a powerful Blizzard, deciding to try to put an end to whatever the grass-type was planning before it had the chance to do it. The air grew frigid, and the pouring rain turned to snow and ice as Kratos took a deep breath, puffed out his chest, and exhaled a strong breeze from his lungs, aiming his Blizzard directly at the enemy.

Except, that's how things should have played out, but they didn't.

As Kratos went to release his energy, something happened. The duck Pokemon was suddenly yanked into the mud below him, immediately sinking waist deep into the Earth as the Carnivine, still Ingraining itself, had managed to Bind one of its tendrils around the Golduck's feet from underneath the soil, giving it a grip solid enough to pull the Pokemon under. Kratos, shocked from having not seen the attack coming, immediately bellowed forth what energy it had gathered, and blustered a bevy of ice and snow directly at the Carnivine, causing the Pokemon to take massive damage. Both of the plant Pokemon's leafy arms were frozen solid - there was no way it was going to continue to battle much longer in that condition.

However, the Pokemon, despite being exhausted and seriously injured, refused to give in, still hungry for its meal. No matter what, it seemed intent on not letting go of its grip on Kratos, who was still struggling to free himself within the mud. The Carnivine slowly lifted itself out of the ground and gradually approached the scrambling Golduck. The vine that had initially wrapped itself around the Golduck's leg in a Bind had slithered it's way up to the Golduck's waist with a firmer grip while the Pokemon fought to escape from the heavy mud that it was encased in, taking a bit more damage from the enemy's Bind attack. The Venus Flytrap Pokemon now stood just feet away from the evolved Psyduck, and proceeded to use its remaining vines to unleash a super-effective Vine Whip onto Kratos at point blank range with three swift strikes across the face.

Both Pokemon looked to be at their limit - this battle was not going to continue much longer. This fight was now down to a test of endurance.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:19 AM   #66
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Missingno. Master - [Update Music]


After finishing your honey tea, both you and Meowth parted ways with Melody with a set destination in mind: the southern edge of the swamp, located on the southside of the village. According to Melody, the Melitologist should be there studying one of the Combee’s colonies, and if all went well, you would try to find a way to help this village’s dire situation - even if it meant going against all odds to do so. That is what you do, after all - it wouldn’t be the first time, and it most certainly wouldn’t be the last. Simply put, there’s no harm in at least trying, right?

The swamp wasn’t too far to the south of the village. The walk was pleasant - a pair of Fletchling sang from the canopy above, the first time in quite a while you had heard any bird Pokemon singing their songs within the forest. Unfortunately though, the death of flowers was rapidly spreading and could be seen here as well - patches upon patches of flowers and bushes were completely wilted and decaying, the lack of proper pollination slowly but surely killing them off one by one - a blatant eyesore sticking out among the rest of the jubilant and life-filled forest.

You finally reached the shore of the swamp after about twenty minutes of walking and began circling around the edge, following course to the other side of the swamp to find the Bee Pokemon researcher. Your curiosity did not take long to be sated, however, but not in the way you had most likely hoped. A sudden shriek cracked across the quiet swamp, sending a group of previously hidden Woobat out from the shade they had been hiding within and bolting across the forest and into the treetops. It wasn’t hard to find the source of the sound, though. On the opposite side of the swamp from where you stood was a person clad in bee keeper gear, on their hands and knees, shaking fearfully and burying their head into their elbows for protection. Above them circled several Combee, each taking a turn dive bombing the individual and attempting to attack with a fierce Bug Bite. In the center, unmoving, hovered a single Combee. It did not attack, it did not move - it simply hovered in place and watched, almost as though it were in charge of the group. The voice suddenly yelped again, this time making it clear that it was that of a woman, as another Combee dove from the air and attacked her from behind once more with another Bug Bite. The woman crawled to a nearby tree and grabbed ahold of the bark to try and pull herself up. “Please, st-sto-” she was unable to finish the sentence. The Combee group all suddenly stopped moving and became still at once. The single Combee that had previously remained silent suddenly became visibly angry and started plunging into the woman over and over, ramming into her from the back, knocking her off balance, and pushing her to the ground, all while the other Combee took their turns to silently watch.
With one final farewell and a thanks for the honey tea (as well as the Honey Keith had purchased), Keith and Meowth parted from Melody. Their destination, the southern edge of the swamp. More specifically, this Melitologist. Would they find a way to help? They had no clue. Did this uncertainty stop them? Hell, no.

It was a pleasant walk. A pair of Fletchling sang from above them, a first for Keith's trip to this forest. Of course, the pleasant nature of the Fletchling song was mitigated somewhat by the constant presence of dead and dying flowers. Keith shook his head- he generally didn't see flowers look like this until after his Garbodor picked them.

After twenty minutes of walking, however, there came quite the sufficient distraction from the dying plant life. Namely, a loud shriek, one which startled a flock of Woobat from their hiding place, and the source of said shriek wasn't hard to find- a person clad in beekeeping gear, along with a group of bee Pokémon, though she seemed to be doing a terrible job at keeping them.

"Dose have gotta be da most aggressive Combee I ever seen!" Meowth declared as Keith dug out his Pokédex.

"Combee, the Tiny Bee Pokémon. A Bug and Flying-type," said Keith's Pokédex. "A Pokémon formed by three others, Combee collects and delivers sweet honey to the rest of its colony. It constantly works to please its evolved form, Vespiquen."

"I'd hate to see the Vespiquen who'd be pleased by this," Keith remarked- the woman was now being rammed repeatedly by the single Combee who, up until now, had been watching the others attack. "Meowth, we gotta help her!" he exclaimed.

"Oh, yeah, I'm just gonna rush right in ta take on a swarm o' angry Combee, dat's a great idea," Meowth replied sarcastically.

"Oh, relax," Keith retorted, clutching a Poké Ball. "I intend to take them on with a bug even bigger and badder than they are." And he threw the ball. "Colin, I choose you!" he declared.

The ball split open, and in a flash of light, there appeared Keith's Yanmega. "Yan ya!" rumbled Colin in that deep, rumbling voice of his.

"Alright, Colin, let's show those Combee who's boss!" Keith declared. "Fire an Ancient Power at the one attacking the woman- don't hurt the woman, of course," he added. "This'll likely turn the whole swarm on you, so be ready to meet them with your Air Slash and Bug Buzz attacks, alright?"

"Yan!" nodded the Yanmega, already prepared to start attacking.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:07 AM   #67
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582


OOC: For legibility reasons, the color of Le Cimetičre des Cœurs Oubliés has changed from DarkRed to IndianRed. Please format your replies accordingly; thank you!

Le Cimetičre des Cœurs Oubliés

Balmund:
"I'm sorry to hear that," Amelie says, and though her tone is lilting and a bit distant, she does seem sincere. she continues the slow ascent up the hill, towards the house at the top, where you can see lights burning in some of the windows. As you walk, she continues her thoughts on the matter of love and loss, which prove to be rather nihilistic for such a young woman.

"I think," she begins, waving a gloved hand through the cold air. "Love is merely a fool's errand, anyway, Mr. Balmund, and I would think you and I are better off without it. Isn't that right, Yuki?"

Yuki giggles again, in her typical, eerie way, and drapes herself across the shoulders of her mistress, as if to soothe -- or perhaps claim for herself -- the broken maiden. Amelie layers a hand over one of Yuki's, and nuzzles the ghostly creature fondly. Her boots click on the porch steps as she makes her way up onto the sprawling deck, and for the first time you realize just how magnificent the house really is; her family must be well-to-do. Reaching for the doorknob, she looks back to her, and there is sadness in her eyes.

"No human has ever loved me for the person I am, Mr. Balmund," she says, gravely. Then the latch clicks, and you walk inside.

The first sensation which strikes you is warmth; sweet warmth. The furnace rumbles audibly in the basement, it's song echoing through the pipes and filling the house with it's sweet embrace. You can hear the clatter of cooking utensils coming from another room off of the den, which you have entered into, and after a beat a woman's voice can be heard over the din.

"Amelie, darling, is that you? I hadn't realized you had gone out," the voice coos. Amelie sighs.

"Yes, mama," she replies, as she removes her coat and hangs it on a hook by the door. The sound of tiny footsteps distracts you from Amelie, however, as a Smoochum comes running into the den, colliding happily with Amelie's calf. Amelie laughs, and kneels to give the little Ice-type a hug.

"Hello, Mimi," she greets, fondly. From her crouched position, she looks up at you, and for a moment she does look happy, evidently enjoying the company of Pokémon. "This is my mother's Pokémon, Mimi."

Amelie stands, and Mimi takes hold of the hem of her skirt, seemingly equally as fond, and guides you into the kitchen, where a woman who looks a great deal like herself -- albeit older -- is cooking eggs. There are already pancakes stacked on a tray, ready to be served, and freshly fried strips of bacon draining on a paper towel. Amelie clears her throat.

"Mama, I've brought a friend for breakfast."

Amelie's mother looks up, and for a moment her demeanor seems pleasant, but then she frowns, at roughly the instance she takes note of Iskra. She exhales through her nose, and turns back to her eggs, with an air that suggests she isn't pleased and a tone that cements it.

"You know your father likes it quiet in the morning," she clucks, in a way that suggests there's more to this than the suspicion you'll be a disruption. She casts a strange, almost pointed look at Yuki, and sets down her spatula, before picking up the tray of flapjacks and placing them in her daughter's hands. "Go. Set the table. Your father and brother will be down soon. And for goodness sake, keep that thing on its best behavior, won't you?"

Amelia frowns, but takes the tray, and turns towards the archway that joins the kitchen to the dining room, Yuki in tow. Mimi has fallen behind to stay with her trainer, sensing the tension. What will you do?
Maskerade:
Your scientific curiosity is rivalled only by your sense of paranoia. After giving Munchlax a stern lecture on eating the unborn, you call forth Staryu, hoping its otherworldly abilities might help you suss out what is going on around you. The nameless, faceless being stands in the middle of the cemetery, motionless as it considers its surroundings; then, all at once, it leaps away, and a second later, you see why when thick tendrils of wispy, hair-like tendrils strike the ground right where it had stood a moment ago. There’s a colossal thud as --seemingly out of nowhere -- a massive gourd-like creature lands on the ground only a yard or two in front of you and your Pokémon: a super-sized Gourgeist! And boy-howdy, does he look pissed.

It yells something you cannot understand -- you don’t speak Pokémon language, after all -- and waddles his way towards you with eerie, weaving steps. The strange, hand-like tufts of ‘hair’ on his head are raised menacingly, and he clearly means nothing good for you, but the cause for his aggression becomes a bit more evident when a second Gourgeist -- this one smaller, and carrying a bunch of Pecha berries in her ‘arms’ -- appears o the edge of a nearby treeline. As the large male pushes you back, away from the Belue Berry bushes, she makes a break for it, rushing into the brambles towards where you had seen the nest -- could it be? The eggs are theirs! No wonder they aren’t happy to see you; they think you’re here for their children! The male continues to advance upon you, but stops when a high pitched screech from the bushes catches his attention -- it sounds like something is distressing his mate, and quite severely. For half a second he states you down, and then decides whatever has upset her takes precedence over you, and rushes into the bushes as well, where a terrible commotion has begun to ensue. You can hear her horrified shrieks, and his baritone bellows, and well as what sounds like the chitter of many tiny teeth. What Will you do?
134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #68
Naruxami
Looking cool, Joker!
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 293
((incoming update batch, welcome to the bunch Whimsy!~))

=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=

The light in the distance has peeked your interest, what could it possibly be? You had not realised how far the light actually was until you began to draw closer, which is also when you noticed the oddity surrounding the light. It was a brilliant purple, shimmering brightly in the pale light of the graveyard against the harsh darkness of the rest of the atmosphere. However, the brilliant light also gave way to a hunched over figure carrying whatever was producing it. Upon closer inspection you realised it wasn't actually something that was hunched over... but rather something that was short, particularly short --- perhaps because the figure actually belonged to a child. Seeing a child alone wasn't actually that alarming, you would normally see all sorts of children of various age groups travelling with their Pokemon, the concerning part was that the girl seemingly had no such creatures with her. You felt like perhaps the young girl had gotten lost while playing, and if so perhaps it was in your best interest to help her?

You gave your Mawile the bouquet after setting her gently back on the ground, moving closer to the young girl. You didn't want to move too quickly, as you were afraid any extremely quick motion might startle the young girl. The young girl was staring into a large hole, so you slowly approached her from one side and bent down to be level with the young girl. The girl didn't seem to move, but you could hear her light and raspy breaths. you spoke to the young girl, but got nothing in response. Her breathing didn't even change to acknowledge that she had maybe heard you, her eyes remained glued to whatever was in that hole. It was weird, that was for sure. Especially considering that the hole was completely empty.

Sure, it kind of looked like a grave --- but it was far too old to be of any sort of concern. It actually looked like it had been dug many years ago and just abandoned here without ever housing a body, maybe the young girl had stumbled upon it and was too anxious because she had almost fallen inside it? It was rather hard to say. You reached out towards her, attempting to touch the rod in her hands. Although she had been motionless and quiet, you simply touching the rod caused her hands to tense up and her breathing to quicken.

"N...no..." She began, starting to shake. It looked like there were tears beginning to form in her eyes. "No... touch..." She turned very slowly to look at you, her eyes were sunken into their sockets, greying and almost lifeless in a way. "It... bad..." She murmured to herself, continuing to tighten her grip on the lantern. You glanced down at her hands for the first time, you noticed that her small hands which were whitening around the knuckles due to how tight her grip is were glowing purple around the wrists, almost appearing as though she was chained to the rod. It was as if she was being Imprisoned by an invisible force. Actually, the little girl was beginning to look weaker. Her posture was becoming more and more slouched and it looked like she could fall into the hole at any moment. Meanwhile, the candle was beginning to glow brighter and brighter with each passing second.

It seems like something is very wrong with this little girl, should you help somehow? What do you do?




=-------------------~Kawaii~-------------------=

Your mind was reeling, you jumped into action insanely fast --- not even bothering to think about the possible consequences. You began crawling on your hands and knees, rushing through the makeshift burrow to save all the Pokemon that had become trapped inside during the onslaught. Luckily for you, it seemed that some of the stronger residents were doing that job for you. A Nidoran nodded towards you and your Pokemon as it made it's may out of the burrow, two much smaller and more defenceless Pokemon riding on it's back. That was when you caught sight of Croagunk, he must have been the leader of the bunch, fighting valiantly for his family. The only issue was, he was vastly outnumbered. Three snakes crowded him, causing the Croagunk to huff with exhaustion. He was smart, targeting the center snake --- seemingly their leader. His thinking was sound, eliminate the leader in order to make the others flee. Unfortunately for him, the Pokemon seemed well aware of this and had began to attack him mercilessly.

You noticed the Croagunk struggling, commanding your Pokemon with ease to lead them into attack. The snakes in question were long, the leader in particular was large and in charge. He was a darker purple than the others, with a large crest like neck. You realised that the centre snake was actually a rather threatening Arbok, while it's two companions were simply the lesser form known as Ekans. DTM and Tengu each ran towards their own respective Ekans, with Oisin running up to help DTM. The Croagunk glanced to the side, it looked like he appreciated the help. Oisin saw how worn he looked and shoved him out of the way, taking on the challenge of facing the Arbok by himself. Each Pokemon began with a tackle, all except Tengu who began to Bide his time, all hitting their respective targets and causing them to hiss slightly. Tengu in particular was fighting valiantly, images of that cute little Oddish flashing through his mind. He had to win this, she deserved to feel safe in her home.

The two Ekans each hissed loudly, the left Ekans let out a piercing Screech that blasted Tengu's ears. The right Ekans that DTM was facing off against Glared at her with malicious intent, she felt her body grow sluggish and frightened. She was finding it harder to move as she stared down the snake. The Arbok laughed at the Deerling's foolishness, the tackle barely seemed to make a dent in it's rough skin, especially because Oisin seemed particularly Intimidated by the sheer size of the creature. The Arbok let out a loud choking sound and blasted a ball of Acid at Oisin, the Deerling took a few steps back upon taking the hit considering it had done a significant amount of damage due to his grass typing.

All the snakes are still looking pretty well off, you may want to think carefully about your next moves. What do you do?




=-------------------~Whimsy~-------------------=

Centre stage, in front of everyone. These people wanted a performance and they were waiting for you to provide them with one, there were so many sets of eyes out there that you couldn't make out. So many people that you didn't want to disappoint, and you were determined to not be a failure. You approached the mic, tapping it a few times for effect before clearing your throat. This was your moment, your time to shine. You opened your mouth as the music began to play and-

Oh god.

Piles of undigested spaghetti began to pour from your mouth, you cupped your hands to your mouth hoping to contain it. The crowd had turned on you, their angry shouts muffled by the sound of your own profuse vomiting as the spaghetti poured from your mouth and onto the floor. The sound of the wet noodles slapping the stage floor was making your head spin, your tears mixed into the disgusting mixture of noodles and sauce in a weird array of soupy spillage. The world began to spin and shift around you, the darkness slowly began to consume your body as the world faded away. At that moment you were forcibly snapped back to reality, waking up from your horrible pasta filled nightmare on the bus. Thankfully, it looked like no one had seen you taking a snooze on the bus --- it was kind of a blessing, although the Munna that was currently drooling on your hair was the most pressing issue. At least she had eaten that awful dream, but now you had to face up to that in real life.

You loved attention, you could eat it up almost like your Munna had eaten your bad dream... but for some reason it made you freeze up having all eyes on you. It was odd, annoying, and kind of stupid. The bus slowly came to a halt, forcing you to take a deep breath and step off the bus. You looked around, during the day the place wasn't as lively as you had heard. The sun was beginning to set in the distance and you could see some people in costume beginning to set up a couple of tables and string lights. A theatre stage was beginning to be filled with various props while a young girl swept the floor, she was wearing as little clothing as she could get away with. A bra to cover her breasts, short purple sleeves, and low hanging pants that were seemingly too big. Her stomach and cleavage were fully visible, and she looked like she might be a performer for the area. The girl put down her broom, stepping off the stage and taking a second to stretch. Her long blonde hair was done into two elegant and wavy ponytails, hanging down near her lower half. The girl glanced behind her, noticing you gradually getting closer to the stage. A warm smile crossed her lips, approaching you.

"Hi there! Are you here for the show?" She asked, her voice sounded high pitched and young... it was possible she wasn't even an adult yet. Her cool icy blue eyes seemed to look into you, she was scanning every part of you --- until she noticed your sheet of paper with theatre auditions on it. "Oh!" She exclaimed. "I guess you're here for auditions then? I can take you to them if you'd like! They don't start till after dark, like most things around here." She gave another warm smile, something about her made you feel calm, and her perfume was making your head feel weird. Perhaps you should go with her?

What do you do?
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:11 PM   #69
Raves
...try a little harder.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,510
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post


La Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs


Raves:
As expected, the ejected patron doesn’t seem to appreciate your interjection. Both he and his Pangoro turn to you, the latter of which towers menacingly over you. However, at the sight of your companion, it recoils slightly, intimidated by the Mawile’s cool resolve. This seems to irk its trainer, who gives it a drunken slap upside the head.

“Th’ fuck is wrong with you?” He snaps. “It’s just a girl an’ a fuckin’ faerie! Fucking girly shit. I’m so tired of this shit! What the fuck do you want, bitch?!”

The last question seems to be directed at you. The bouncer who ejected the drunkard leans in the doorway of the bar, watching the exchange; he apparently no longer deems this his problem, it no longer being in his bar, but damn if this isn’t entertaining. He lights a cigarette, deciding to take his fifteen, while his Pokémon returns inside to keep the patrons at bay in his absence.

Your dapper companion, meanwhile, has begun emitting a rather pleasant aroma, which seems to have caught the now downtrodden Pangoro off guard. Having been yelled at by her trainer, it looks on the verge of tears -- the first sign that it might not be as cut out for battle as its visage might suggest -- but it stops wiping its face when the delectable aroma hits its nostrils. Sniffing the air, it approaches Mawile, infatuated with the scent, and when close enough it bats its eyelashes at him, evidently trying to attract the dapper young ‘mon -- holy shit. It’s female! And she likes your Mawile’s cologne. Oh dear. Too polite to break the poor girl’s heart, Mawile finds himself between a rock and a hard place -- he has to let her down easy, right? But politeness can look an awful lot like infatuation to a girl like Pangoro, who hasn’t had much experience with suitors -- she misreads the signals, and bad.

The drunkard looks at you. The Pangoro makes eyes at Mawile. What next?


The very appearance of the drunk and the Pangoro, menacing though both appeared, was of little concern to the woman, and as the Mawile's horns bared forward, the Pangoro recoiled slightly through intimidation, until the drunk slapped it upside before making a disparaging comment towards her. She remained calm, though there was an air of disgust around her at the treatment and mannerisms of the drunk. As Bel began to emanate his scent to try and diffuse the drunk mostly, the panda was taken off guard and went from weepy to very interested, batting their eyelashes at the Mawile attractively.

Pausing for a moment at the surprise twist, the Mawile retains eye contact with the bear, before giving a nudge to his ally in stead discreetly, to garner her attention. At the sight of the smitten yet naive Pangoro, she gave a smal chuckle before turning her attention to the drunk, voice tinged with venom as she opted to give the fool a reality check.

"...you're full of shit, and not just alcohol...why not be like your, ah, friend here and relax?" Giving a motion towards the Pangoro, she turned her head to the Mawile. "Come now, it's rude to leave a lady hanging, Bel. Do be courteous and take her hand in a gentle grip with your own, yet firm like a vice, then kindly tease and taunt our inebriated fellow with the pair of you, then blow her a gentle kiss with a fairy wind that serves both to give approval of her mannerisms, yet teach her that fleeting love can be painful. Be gentle, though."

The steel type gave what could be a mischievous wink towards her and then the Pangoro, while the woman stood staring at the drunk, her stance in one to show her declaration of who was in charge in this conversation. This man was entertaining, judging by the bouncer's thoughts, but he did pose a simple question.

"As for what this so-called bitch wants, that is none of your business. No, the question that should be asked is whether your kids - if you have any with that mouth of yours still under your wing - know you're getting sloshed at some bar."
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:51 AM   #70
Sandaa
Cascade Badge
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Sandaa - [Update Music] + Heavy Storm

BOOM

The sound of thunder exploded in the air as lightning cracked, striking a mangrove tree not too far from where you were, splitting it right in two. The rain was pouring at its hardest yet; A thick blanket of silver fell from the sky, painting everything in its path, continuing to drench you, the Pokemon, and your surroundings. The marshes were filling up quickly and spilling over formerly dry land, flooding, and in some cases, connecting to form a super-sized swamp. The Leaf Tornado slowly petered out and came to a halt, the leaves that were once within eventually all falling from the air and coating the wet, muddy earth below. Kratos was dripping wet, but that was fine - this was the kind of weather that he thrived in. He looked fairly beat up from the attack, the leaves having clearly left their mark on the duck Pokemon. He shot you a glance - and another thumbs up, this time while clearly biting his tongue and choking back pain.

With the command given as the enemy continued to Ingrain itself, Kratos' eyes glowed blue as he lifted his open hands outward toward the Carnivine, enveloping it in a blue aura. The Golduck then clenched his hands shut, Disabling the Carnivine from being able to use its Leaf Tornado again. A look of extreme frustration spreaded across the Venus Flytrap Pokemon's face as it sat still realizing that it was no longer able to whip forth another Leaf Tornado.

And then, something odd happened - a sinister look crept across the Carnivine's demeanor. Wasting no time, Golduck retaliated with a powerful Blizzard, deciding to try to put an end to whatever the grass-type was planning before it had the chance to do it. The air grew frigid, and the pouring rain turned to snow and ice as Kratos took a deep breath, puffed out his chest, and exhaled a strong breeze from his lungs, aiming his Blizzard directly at the enemy.

Except, that's how things should have played out, but they didn't.

As Kratos went to release his energy, something happened. The duck Pokemon was suddenly yanked into the mud below him, immediately sinking waist deep into the Earth as the Carnivine, still Ingraining itself, had managed to Bind one of its tendrils around the Golduck's feet from underneath the soil, giving it a grip solid enough to pull the Pokemon under. Kratos, shocked from having not seen the attack coming, immediately bellowed forth what energy it had gathered, and blustered a bevy of ice and snow directly at the Carnivine, causing the Pokemon to take massive damage. Both of the plant Pokemon's leafy arms were frozen solid - there was no way it was going to continue to battle much longer in that condition.

However, the Pokemon, despite being exhausted and seriously injured, refused to give in, still hungry for its meal. No matter what, it seemed intent on not letting go of its grip on Kratos, who was still struggling to free himself within the mud. The Carnivine slowly lifted itself out of the ground and gradually approached the scrambling Golduck. The vine that had initially wrapped itself around the Golduck's leg in a Bind had slithered it's way up to the Golduck's waist with a firmer grip while the Pokemon fought to escape from the heavy mud that it was encased in, taking a bit more damage from the enemy's Bind attack. The Venus Flytrap Pokemon now stood just feet away from the evolved Psyduck, and proceeded to use its remaining vines to unleash a super-effective Vine Whip onto Kratos at point blank range with three swift strikes across the face.

Both Pokemon looked to be at their limit - this battle was not going to continue much longer. This fight was now down to a test of endurance.
As the battle against the enraged Carnivine carried on, Gary smiled at the prospect of the plant locking its roots into place with its Ingrain. A flash of lightning lit up the entire marsh and was quickly followed by a loud crack of thunder. Gary would have jumped out of his shoes due to how close by the source sounded, if he weren’t so focused on the battle at hand. A shiver went down his spine as he glanced over and saw the smoldering remains of a tree that was there moments ago. The saying goes that lightning doesn’t strike twice, but Gary didn’t feel like putting that adage to the test. The sooner Kratos wrapped up this battle, the sooner he could get out of here.

Kratos started things off by Disabling the Carnivine from using another Leaf Tornado. As the Venus Flytrap looked around in confusion, Gary couldn’t help but smile. However, as the plant looked as if it had a trick up its sleeve, Kratos wasted no time in blowing a powerful Blizzard its way. Unfortunately for Kratos, the Carnivine seemed to Bind him with its vines and then uprooted itself to hit him with a Vine Whip. Shit, can it do that? Gary muttered to himself, annoyed. Kratos and the Carnivine both appeared to be near the end of their ropes.

Thinking to himself for a quick moment, Gary called out a strategy to Kratos. “Kratos, let’s disorient it with a Confuse Ray! After that, follow it up with an Ice Beam!” As Kratos nodded slowly, Gary prayed that this would be enough to finally put the hungry plant down.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:32 AM   #71
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
134: [Update Music]

The groundskeeper remained silent as he continued to stride back the way you came. His movement was extremely stiff, almost robotic or doll-like. He slowly climbed the stairs you had descended, one leg at a time. As he carefully hoisted himself up the hidden staircase, his posture did not change or sway even slightly. His entire demeanor felt incredibly off, almost inhuman.

You and Pouli followed him up the stairs as he effortlessly closed the trapdoor behind you, staring at you blankly as he did so. In an effort to make conversation, you took up his offer for first aid, but declined the drink. He turned away and proceeded down the open hallway on the other side of the room, not responding. As you and your Houndour continued to follow the groundskeeper, you decided to once again try engaging in conversation, mentioning the carvings on the door you had found. Immediately, without warning, Pouli’s Will-o-Wisp flickered and died, encasing the entire hallway where you stood in total darkness. Before you had time to react, however, the room dimly lit back up. The groundskeeper was standing face to face with you, once more with a blank expression, holding a candle in his grasp. He stepped backward and turned around, once again walking forward. “I always come down here prepared,” he said. “The breeze makes it difficult for flames to be kept alight.”

As you started to once again follow the groundskeeper down the hallway, you couldn’t help but immediately realize something was wrong.

Pouli was gone.


Panic.

Maybe it was the eerie atmosphere, or the not-quite-right groundskeeper, but the moment Tate realized Pouli was gone, utter panic set into the trainer. Chest tight, breathing ragged, eyes wide and world spinning, Tate looked around with a frantic desperation for the young hound, croaking out the Houndour's name.

"Pouli?! Pouli! Here girl! Here!"

Tate whistled for her, surprisingly adept, and clapped both hands on denim-clad thighs; all the things one might typically do to illicit the attention of an errant canine.

"Hey, my Houndour-... she's gone. She might have gotten spooked when the lights went out, we gotta go find her," Tate insisted of the gentleman, already turning back towards where they had come from. "She looks mean, but she's sweet as a kitten, I'm worried about her-"

Tate began walking, expecting the man to acquiesce; after all, helping to find a lost hound was the decent thing to do in the situation.

__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Incognito Isle


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:42 AM   #72
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
[FONT="Lucida Console"]Maskerade:
Your scientific curiosity is rivalled only by your sense of paranoia. After giving Munchlax a stern lecture on eating the unborn, you call forth Staryu, hoping its otherworldly abilities might help you suss out what is going on around you. The nameless, faceless being stands in the middle of the cemetery, motionless as it considers its surroundings; then, all at once, it leaps away, and a second later, you see why when thick tendrils of wispy, hair-like tendrils strike the ground right where it had stood a moment ago. There’s a colossal thud as --seemingly out of nowhere -- a massive gourd-like creature lands on the ground only a yard or two in front of you and your Pokémon: a super-sized Gourgeist! And boy-howdy, does he look pissed.

It yells something you cannot understand -- you don’t speak Pokémon language, after all -- and waddles his way towards you with eerie, weaving steps. The strange, hand-like tufts of ‘hair’ on his head are raised menacingly, and he clearly means nothing good for you, but the cause for his aggression becomes a bit more evident when a second Gourgeist -- this one smaller, and carrying a bunch of Pecha berries in her ‘arms’ -- appears o the edge of a nearby treeline. As the large male pushes you back, away from the Belue Berry bushes, she makes a break for it, rushing into the brambles towards where you had seen the nest -- could it be? The eggs are theirs! No wonder they aren’t happy to see you; they think you’re here for their children! The male continues to advance upon you, but stops when a high pitched screech from the bushes catches his attention -- it sounds like something is distressing his mate, and quite severely. For half a second he states you down, and then decides whatever has upset her takes precedence over you, and rushes into the bushes as well, where a terrible commotion has begun to ensue. You can hear her horrified shrieks, and his baritone bellows, and well as what sounds like the chitter of many tiny teeth. What Will you do?
"Oh my... OH MY!"

Calling this a huge miscalculation would be an understatement. Not only did the eggs indeed have caretakers, it turned out they were just around the corner, and the whole situation devolved into a massive misunderstanding!
The sight of a giant Gourgeist making a beeline for him was, simply put, the scariest thing Rorik had yet seen in his short-lived life as a traveler; even if more horrid sights were to come, the vision of that ghost advancing towards him was immediately burned into his mind.

Far from the bravest man in the world, Rorik instinctively stepped backwards with every step forward of the super-sized Gourgeist, while Munchlax rolled his eyes. Just how clueless could his Trainer be? Rorik always took him for the idiot one, but the "expert in bonds" hadn't even remembered to give him a proper name, let alone ask Munchlax to protect him...

Deciding it was better to step in before the silly man got hurt, Munchlax began to gather burning energy in his mouth, prepared to unleash his recently-perfected Flamethrower... but just then, the Gourgeist stopped advancing!

"Wh-what's this?..."

Noise and commotion came from behind the Belue Berry bush from where he'd just been shooed away from, and clearly, the Gourgeist was just as surprised as Rorik was. Visibly worried for its partner and its eggs, the Ghost-Type shifted its focus back to its nest and mercifully retreated.

"Oh thank Arceus... Come you two, let's get out of here at once! This place is dange.... what are you doing?!"

Ignoring Rorik's cowardly command, Munchlax and Staryu - rarely, if ever, on the same page up until that point - exchanged a glance and decided to approach the bush, the Water-Type providing lighting with its gem while the more physically-inclined bear cautiously peeked back inside the bush to see what was going on.

Is this... solidarity between Pokémon? Why aren't they fleeing? This... isn't our problem...

Professor Pine would have much rather let nature run its course and walk his way back towards safer ground, but he didn't want to create a rift between himself and his partners, whom he was yet to understand even slightly. Fine, if they wanted to get involved he might as well be there to give them whatever little backup he could provide.

What will happen if we're forced to fight something? I've never been in a battle my entire life... can those two handle it?!
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:21 PM   #73
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Halloweentown
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post


=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=

The light in the distance has peeked your interest, what could it possibly be? You had not realised how far the light actually was until you began to draw closer, which is also when you noticed the oddity surrounding the light. It was a brilliant purple, shimmering brightly in the pale light of the graveyard against the harsh darkness of the rest of the atmosphere. However, the brilliant light also gave way to a hunched over figure carrying whatever was producing it. Upon closer inspection you realised it wasn't actually something that was hunched over... but rather something that was short, particularly short --- perhaps because the figure actually belonged to a child. Seeing a child alone wasn't actually that alarming, you would normally see all sorts of children of various age groups travelling with their Pokemon, the concerning part was that the girl seemingly had no such creatures with her. You felt like perhaps the young girl had gotten lost while playing, and if so perhaps it was in your best interest to help her?

You gave your Mawile the bouquet after setting her gently back on the ground, moving closer to the young girl. You didn't want to move too quickly, as you were afraid any extremely quick motion might startle the young girl. The young girl was staring into a large hole, so you slowly approached her from one side and bent down to be level with the young girl. The girl didn't seem to move, but you could hear her light and raspy breaths. you spoke to the young girl, but got nothing in response. Her breathing didn't even change to acknowledge that she had maybe heard you, her eyes remained glued to whatever was in that hole. It was weird, that was for sure. Especially considering that the hole was completely empty.

Sure, it kind of looked like a grave --- but it was far too old to be of any sort of concern. It actually looked like it had been dug many years ago and just abandoned here without ever housing a body, maybe the young girl had stumbled upon it and was too anxious because she had almost fallen inside it? It was rather hard to say. You reached out towards her, attempting to touch the rod in her hands. Although she had been motionless and quiet, you simply touching the rod caused her hands to tense up and her breathing to quicken.

"N...no..." She began, starting to shake. It looked like there were tears beginning to form in her eyes. "No... touch..." She turned very slowly to look at you, her eyes were sunken into their sockets, greying and almost lifeless in a way. "It... bad..." She murmured to herself, continuing to tighten her grip on the lantern. You glanced down at her hands for the first time, you noticed that her small hands which were whitening around the knuckles due to how tight her grip is were glowing purple around the wrists, almost appearing as though she was chained to the rod. It was as if she was being Imprisoned by an invisible force. Actually, the little girl was beginning to look weaker. Her posture was becoming more and more slouched and it looked like she could fall into the hole at any moment. Meanwhile, the candle was beginning to glow brighter and brighter with each passing second.

It seems like something is very wrong with this little girl, should you help somehow? What do you do?


Strange. The hole was empty, not even containing a coffin like Athena expected. Even stranger, the hole didn’t seem fresh despite the shovel at the girl’s side. And the strangest was that the girl wasn’t responsive at all.

“Are you ok?” Athena addressed the girl. “My name is Athena, what’s your name?” In any other context, she might’ve thought the girl was just shy, but the blank look on her face was concerning. She looked up towards the lantern, wondering what made the fire an eerie purple. Slowly, she lifted her hand to touch it in curiosity.

“N…no…” The girl struggled to get out. Athena drew back her hand and breathed a sharp intake. The child turned to look at her and Athena couldn’t help but gasp. An otherworldly chain was locked tight around her small wrists, and it seemed to be draining her energy, fast. The purple flame that swung in the lantern above them grew larger, and the girl was getting dangerously close to the edge of the hole.

“Eclair,” Athena called, trying not to let her panic show in her voice. “Come here. Come help.”

The Mawile, who had been surveying the surrounding area with caution, placed the bouquet on the ground and ran to her trainer’s side. She recognized the danger immediately, baring the fangs on the back of her head Intimidatingly at the candle in the lantern.

“On my signal, blow that fire out with a Fairy Wind,” the trainer directed, keeping her voice low. She placed her hands in front of the girl protectively to catch her if she were to fall. Making eye contact with her Pokemon, Athena nodded. “Now!”

__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:38 AM   #74
134
Real proud to present.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: In the squared circle.
Posts: 582



La Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs


Raves:

You concoct a plan to both assert dominance, and get under the drunkard's skin. The Mawile obeys your orders, taking the Pangoro's paw in his own with a grip suiting of a Steel-type such as himself; it's firm, too much so, but the Pangoro is a big girl and she squeezes back tightly, with enough for to break brick. She doesn't mean to hurt him, of course, she just doesn't know her own strength; the two are now locked in a vicious hand-holding, neither of which are willing to let go for very different reasons. Mawile looks a little uncomfortable with this turn of events, but he is both a consumate gentleman and eternally dutiful, and gives his new suitor a wink and a nudge before blowing her a sweet kiss, which loats up to her on winds as delicate and innocent as the wings of faeries. When it strikes her, she seems to recoil, the gesture burning her skin for some reason, but a lifetime spent weathering her body to fighting and some dark inclinations leave her perhaps a bit enticed by the strange, slightly painful experience. She leers down at him, intrigued, which catches him off guard and renders him momentarily defenseless; which is unfortunate because she's become quite worked up and takes her frustration out on him, her large body descending upon him in a crushing, amorous embrace.

The bouncer, still watching, has lost all composure and has descended into utter laughter, as the drunkard -- completely through with both your mouthiness and his Pokémon's lascivious behavior -- fishes another Pokéball from his pocket.

"I knew you were useless," he spits at the Pangoro, who looks up, startled and a bit wounded. "I never should have traded for you. Worthless, stupid, ugly fuckin'-"

At this point, the Pangoro bursts into tears. She pulls away from Mawile and buries her face in her paws, weeping loudly. The drunk rolls his eyes, and tosses his Pokéball into the air, summoning a massive creature covered in vines -- a Tangrowth. It whips the ground with its arms, ready for a fight.

"I'm sick of your mouth, bitch," the drunk slurs. It doesn't look like the Tangrowth will be nearly so easily charmed as the Pangoro, who is utterly devastated by her trainer's cruel words. Looks like you're in for a real fight this time. What will you do?





Le Cimetičre des Cśurs Oubliés


Maskerade:
Staryu and Munchlax rush to see what's going on in the bushes, and you're left with no choice but to follow, despite this very much being not your problem. Combing through the brambles and the branches, what you find is a little grotesque: one of the gourd-like eggs has been burst open, and two jet-black Rattata are feeding on the mushy innards. Three more are trying to get to the rest of the clutch, but the parents are working valiantly to fend them off, even as their lost egg is drug further away by the two feeding upon it. They swing their wispy, hair-like vines at the rodents, who gnash their teeth in return. The Gourgeist shriek in unearthly tones and the Rattata screech and hiss. The two that feed make sloppy, wet noises, and their claws scrape loudly on the egg casing. The symphony of sounds is eclectic and overwhelming and perhaps a bit nauseating to boot.

The large male tries to drive them off with a Shadow Ball, but though it hits two of the three, it doesn't seem to do much damage. The Gourgeist, however, do not seem to fare very well against the many Bites they are suffering at the hands of their assailants. The female takes a particularly bad Crunch and collapses, breathing hard. In fear for his mate, the male performs a Pain Split, but this leaves him quite worse for wear as well, and he still has to fight to defend his clutch.

Odds are, they will not be able to defend their nest alone for much longer. The Rattata have them outnumbered, and have the type advantage. You could help them, but you're right -- it isn't your problem. What will you do?


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:36 AM   #75
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post


Le Cimetičre des Cśurs Oubliés


Maskerade:
Staryu and Munchlax rush to see what's going on in the bushes, and you're left with no choice but to follow, despite this very much being not your problem. Combing through the brambles and the branches, what you find is a little grotesque: one of the gourd-like eggs has been burst open, and two jet-black Rattata are feeding on the mushy innards. Three more are trying to get to the rest of the clutch, but the parents are working valiantly to fend them off, even as their lost egg is drug further away by the two feeding upon it. They swing their wispy, hair-like vines at the rodents, who gnash their teeth in return. The Gourgeist shriek in unearthly tones and the Rattata screech and hiss. The two that feed make sloppy, wet noises, and their claws scrape loudly on the egg casing. The symphony of sounds is eclectic and overwhelming and perhaps a bit nauseating to boot.

The large male tries to drive them off with a Shadow Ball, but though it hits two of the three, it doesn't seem to do much damage. The Gourgeist, however, do not seem to fare very well against the many Bites they are suffering at the hands of their assailants. The female takes a particularly bad Crunch and collapses, breathing hard. In fear for his mate, the male performs a Pain Split, but this leaves him quite worse for wear as well, and he still has to fight to defend his clutch.

Odds are, they will not be able to defend their nest alone for much longer. The Rattata have them outnumbered, and have the type advantage. You could help them, but you're right -- it isn't your problem. What will you do?
The sight makes his stomach turn in disgust and shock - nature at its very worst, a pack of black Rattata (a plague Rorik believed endemic only to Alola) were feasting on the Gougeists' eggs... feeding on unborn children. Yes, natural selection worked that way as so many articles had taught him, but those didn't come with grotesque depictions such as the one he was now forced to witness. And yet, he seemed to be the only one flinching.

The severely outmatched Gourgeist were fighting for their lives and that of their future children, and by doing so, found themselves on the brink of utter defeat; the much smaller Rattata didn't falter against the much larger opponents, thoroughly reliant on their number and type advantages to stand up to the colossi; and even Munchlax and Staryu seemed unfazed by this sorry state of affairs, with no intention of backing away from it all!

Five of those ravenous, disease-ridden rodents... two of those otherworldly possessed pumpkins... what the hell are they thinking sticking their noses in that kind of business? Why won't they listen to reason?

He'd briefly considered a heroic attempt at combat if there had only been a single foe to contend with. Best case scenario, there were five times that number, and that was if the Gourgeist stopped seeing him as a threat as well. He was not prepared for this kind of heroism - he wanted out.

And still, despite his cowardice, neither of his partners shared the sentiment. Even Munchlax, who should've gone crazy at the sight of those eggs ripe for the picking - one of which already cracked open and everything! -, seemed overpowered by some kind of resolve Rorik never knew he possessed. Was that... the effect of Champion Gottfried's training? The bear did belong to him at first...

If that was the case, well, our noble Champion might as well have taught that idiot the benefits of picking one's battles!

The battle raged on, with the Rattata quickly overwhelming the Ghost-Type protectors of their future meal. If allowed to run its course, natural order would no doubt benefit the predators. And that, in turn, meant the next generation of Pumpkaboo would never be born, and the two zealous Gourgeist would never be parents. For some reason, that impending loss resonated with Rorik's Pokémon...

Exchanging a quick glance, Mucnhlax and Staryu made up their minds. THey knew they couldn't rely on their Trainer for this, but something compelled them to do the right thing, and that was even the odds. Jumping from their position to stand between the Rattata and the exhausted Gourgeist, both Pokémon then charged simultaneously, each readying for a Tackle that hopefully would be strong enough to dissuade the smaller attackers!
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.