UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2017, 06:44 PM   #176
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: Pushing aside the moral obligations of your choices, the arrival of four more opponents means the business of pushing the rats back is more vital than ever. As the first few rodents rush up to Marvolo, the Seviper is ready for them, swinging tail around and knocking their leaps back, sending them either rolling through the noxious sludge or into the walls brutally, the initial wave of survivors is kept at bay easily enough. Meowth also has success with his lower number, a swift barrage of starry missiles peppering the Rattata, some having their fangs shatter from the technical accuracy, and what few get through promptly bite at the feline's legs, eliciting a yelp or two from him.

Still hungry, the Seviper's second wave of Rattata are thwarted in similar fashion to the first, with one or two of the foolhardy rodents ending up in the fangs of the serpent, but as the Raticate join the fray, you notice that while the fat rats are flanking round, the familiar normal Raticate are trudging through their offspring puddle, the venomous nature poisoning them as you recognise from experience their gutsy approach, not afraid to trample through the nastiest of puddles. Taking a stance, the emboldened brown rats rush headlong into Marv, who readies his tail steeped in poison...only for the alolan variants to quickly ambush him before he can swing, the one of the left catching him with a sucker punch while the rightmost one leaps onto the rear of the Seviper, quashing his offensive power while the poisoned rats wail on him with furious vigour, retaliating for the demise of their offspring and even with the difference in level Marvolo can only cry out in pain from the beating.

Meowth thankfully has his back, and turns around to launch a pulsating burst of water at the alolan holding his tail down, the surprise hit shocking the Raticate to let go as the Seviper thrusts his blade upwards into the side of the other fat rat, whose eyes dilate on being caught off guard and struck critically. The top half of it flops over backwards, followed by the rest of it as the rodent topples backwards, spine severed by the strike leaving it physically paralysed and completely helpless, out of commission. The sight of it is enough to send the few Rattata on Marvolo's side of the field scurrying away in fear leaving him with only the two poisoned Raticate and the one dripping wet rat, who snaps his jaws at your feline companion, a dark jolt of energy biting at him and shoving him back, before pointing at you with a hiss.

Looking behind you, you find that Meowth's group of Rattata can now be counted on your hands, with four of the normal and five of the alolan vermin remaining, all of which scramble over the woman and leap at you as you suddenly find them chomping painfully at your ankles and legs, trying to bring you down. As you attempt to shake them off, the woman stirs once more, before beginning to move with a faint groan, while you give a very quick once-over of your pokemon.

Meowth's taken a fair chunk of damage, and given his previous fight is starting to show signs of wear, but still out for blood, while Marvolo, having laughed off the pitiful damage from before, has taken two major knocks and currently getting up as the gutsy Raticate hunker down, ready to charge full force at him, and the one capable alolan staring down Meowth, as though making it personal. One of the Rattata nips you in the back of the shin and you almost fall, gasping in pain as you have this problem to deal with...
The battle raged on, though the rodents proved themselves quite resilient. More resilient than Keith liked to see in his enemies in life-or-death scenarios, if he was being honest. Marvolo was getting worn down by the sheer number of servings being piled on, and Meowth was starting to tire from the battle as well. Their attacks had done a great number on the advancing rodents, with Meowth's remaining Rattata opponents countable on one's hands, and Marvolo's remaining opponents fleeing in fear after the Seviper's Poison Tail put one of the Alolan Raticate out of commission permanently. That said, however, three Raticate remained- two of them were poisoned from walking right through the sludge puddle, though their reaction to this very heavily implied that they had Guts, which in fact made this a very bad thing. And the remaining Alolan Raticate, still dripping wet from Meowth's Water Pulse, seemed to have commanded the remaining Rattata to focus on... Keith.

"...Oh, crap," Keith muttered.

The Rattata still facing Meowth could be counted on Keith's hands, though in his opinion, when that many Rattata were charging him all at once, trying to eat him, it was still too damn many. "Gah," Meowth grunted, eyeing the Alolan Raticate staring him down. "I'm tinkin' Faticate ova here wants ta make it personal."

"Well, then- GAH! FUCK!" Keith exclaimed, as the Rattata began their assault. "Ow! Then let it have it, Meowth!" Keith continued, talking fast to get his orders out before the Rattata became too big a problem for him. "Power-Up Punch, Fury Swipes, finish with Skull Bash! Marv-"

"A little busy at the moment!" interrupted the Seviper, staring down the pair of poisoned Raticate. "Got two big servings of dessert over here!"

"Then bon appetit, Marv!" Keith grunted. "Fry 'em up with Flamethrower, and Crunch them up if they get too close!" He then plucked a Psychic Ball off his belt. The Rattata would all start biting him before very long- that one bite would be but the tip of the Bergmite. He had to act fast, therefore, and so he threw the ball. "Andromeda, you're up!" he exclaimed as his Starmie materialized. "Use Spotlight right now- can you focus them on you?"

I can try, Andromeda responded telepathically. I have never tried targeting myself. At the very least, I will take the focus off of you.

"See that you do," Keith nodded in agreement. "Wherever you can get them to go, make sure they're met with a Dazzling Gleam!"
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:05 PM   #177
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'
 
Kyuu-Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Scenic Ward #801, down Juné Lane.
Posts: 274
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
Kyuu-Tales: Wandering about, Goldenridge lived up to every one of your expectations - it's just a shame they were set so low. Entering the city from the south, you find your surroundings dominated by the decrepit and dilapidated. Boarded-up husks of family homes and community stores, abandoned as the gang in-fighting grew more constant and much more vicious. Dying flora, in badly need of water and care. And of course, the malnourished fauna. You see the occasional person pass by you, faces gaunt from the struggle of finding their next meal. More than one shies away from you and Seiza, gaze distrustful at the sight of an obvious newcomer to the city. At one point a Litten scampers by, hissing fiercely as it nears you. Even if you'd have liked to, it wouldn't have welcomed any advances.

Uninterested in looting the ramshackle buildings, you continue further into the city. Slowly you and Seiza work your way to the north, towards the area of town you've heard to be mostly untouched by the three-way city conflict. As you go, you notice that for every run-down residence, you start to see two or three still in use, even if just barely. Gradually your surroundings become more respectable, less like the anarchic capital of the region and more like a city you could picture in any other area of the world, all thanks to the rigid and militaristic compound cresting the northern horizon. That's not your destination though. You want to get as far away from these gang wars as possible, and if that means slumming it with stuffy nobles, so be it.

Soon enough, you find yourself standing before the gilded gates that shield Crystal Grove from the chaos beyond. You venture in, immediately feeling out of place amidst the decadent surroundings. Beautifully built buildings of marble and granite line the streets, accompanied by lush gardens so perfect and well-maintained they wouldn't look out of place in a home-garden magazine. Around you, Pokémon thrive, unaffected by any of the conflict outside the walls. A Torterra - trainer owned, you imagine - suns itself lazily in one yard, itself offering shade to a sleepy Swadloon. Butterfree drift through the air from yard to yard in search of precious honey. As you pass, you see one get lucky with a small hive just before a swarm of Combee chase the intruder away. At one intersection, you even see an artificial waterfall cascade down a manmade hill, creating a decently sized pond for Pokémon to soak in.

Still, as lovely as everything is this too isn't what you had in mind. You head south, away from the residential areas and their rich occupants. Some might be kind, to be sure, but from what you've heard more are interested in luring unsuspecting trainers to solve their problems for them - usually at the cost of tangling with one or more of the local gangs. The streets begin thinning, vegetation replacing the grandiose homes. You're still within the walls of Crystal Grove, but now on the southern edges of the community, on the outskirts of what might be considered forest area in any other location. Soon enough, the city noise falls away, and it is just you, your Bronzor, and the soft murmur of nature.

Eventually, you pause in a small clearing for a moment's rest - and for a chance to take in your surroundings. In your cursory look, nothing seems out of the ordinary, but a look at your partner changes that. A glimmer of color reflects off the Bronzor's surface, which you're able to trace back to small clusters of crystal gathering at the roots of trees across the clearing. Your eyes widen in surprise, both at the appearance of the crystal itself and its sheer beauty.

You find yourself drawn to the crystals, moving out of the clearing and deeper into the grove. With every passing tree you see more clusters, first at the roots as before, but soon they grow taller... and taller... and eventually you see crystal spires intermixed with the greenery, some even intertwining with the trees in gorgeous displays. For a moment, you can't help but wonder if this was the inspiration for the area's name.

As you are distracted by the beautiful scenery, your choice of partner pays off. From the second you cross the threshold of those first crystal clusters, the Psychic-type feels a soft prickle of unease not its own. More annoying than anything, at first, this unease grows with each step you take. By the time you've reached the spires, it has morphed into full panic - but only for the briefest of moments. Before Seiza can pinpoint a source, the emotion is eclipsed by one far stronger: untempered rage. Slowly, the Bronzor rotates in midair, gazing blankly off into the trees. It can't tell where - the wave of emotion is too strong, too blinding for any sense of accuracy - but it can sense at least one being watching you.

And whatever it is? It's not happy.

(Declared 1/6: Bronzor)
Seiko grew nervous as the outpouring of negative energies began to weigh down upon her. She shivered at the oppressive atmosphere, oblivious to sweat coalescing at her temple as her anxiety continued to mount.

We shouldn't be here.

As glad as she was to have the Psychic type levitating by her side, that was about the only thing she could really picture herself thankful for at the moment. Whatever malicious presence wanted, she had a gut feeling it more or less involved either doing her harm, or would do anything to see her and her companion gone. Preferably the former. Seiko froze and clenched her eyes shut, surrendering herself to her less-than-pleasant musings. Unfortunately, this allowed her imagination to wander in terrible, frightening directions: all kinds of specters of her mind roamed about her visions. As ghouls made to claw from behind her eyelids, her nerves tingled throughout her limbs, as if knock her free from the fury of phantasmal images.

Seiko's eyes snapped open as her hands clawed at her chest. "No... it's not real," she breathed. Yeah, not in the concrete sense, anyway. This hostile presence had yet to let its true nature be known to her or Seiza; truly if its bite was worse than its proverbial bark, this unknown enemy would not have wasted time wrestling her mind into a state of dysfunction.

The woman eyed her right side and clambered about the contents of a pouch located at her hip. Perhaps all I need is something soft to hold? In a matter of moments she extracted a two-toned orb and pressed its central fastener. Her actions gave way to a stream of light which materialized into a lilac-toned six-tailed kit. Seiko tapped her thighs, beckoning the Pokemon into her arms.

"C'mon Sasha, up!"

((Declaring second of six, Shiny Alolan Vulpix, in addition to Bronzor.))
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:32 PM   #178
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Marshal's Headquarters (Marshals): Situated in the relatively stable north, the headquarters of the police force is a large compound with tight security, home to the Goldenridge Marshals in their fight to restore the name of Goldenridge to bedlam. The force has recently started a campaign against the Shells and Ribs, seeking to push them out of the city once and for all, and are willing to accept mercenary support from trainers willing to help out in the fight. The reinforced location seems to be more attractive to pokemon who enjoy a sense of justice and honour. Reply in Silver.
((Restarting with updated character))


How could things fall into such disarray?

Sai Hajimoto, a monk from the eastern region of Saigo (neighbouring Kanto), had come to Fizzytopia to get away from the struggles of his homeland, so he could continue honing his craft and surpass the level of mere Apprentice. Saigo was at war with Heiml, a conflict that had been going on for over five years and with no end in sight; hearing of a peaceful region which had only just reformed after years of authoritarian rule, Sai believed it to be the ideal place to seek enlightenment. And now this.

Bedlam Ridge was, unfortunately, quite the opposite of "peaceful". Somehow, Sai had walked out of an unending power struggle and straight into another one, a rivalry that had laid waste to what he assumed had once been a thriving city.

"Embrace hardship as opportunity". Sage Samanosuke... father... he always said that. Yes, that is what I should do. If there is still justice and righteousness to be found in this land, I will do my best to empower it and make sure it prevails!

Ever the solemn idealist, Sai marched forward with newfound determination, followed closely by Jin, his oldest companion, and Shio, the phantom inhabiting his shadow; curiously, neither partner was fond of the spherical devices westerners called PokéBalls, and Sai saw no reason to force it upon them. The three of them were, after all, equals.

"Hello? My name is Sai, of the Hajimoto clan," the monk said out loud as he approached the entrance of the building marked as the Marshall's Headquarter's. "I wish to offer mine and my companion's services to your cause!"

That was, after all, the last bastion of light, if the locals had been telling the truth. People often said the world wasn't black and white, but a myriad shades of gray. But not Sai's world.

There can be no peace without law and order. I live my life on the principles of Honor and Passion. And if these men and women do the same, then Bedlam Ridge can still be saved!
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 06-26-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:52 PM   #179
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa-As you drop to your knees to make yourself seem less intimidating and more approachable, Jenny relaxes a bit as she rubs her eyes dry. She slips down the slide, coming to a stop mere inches from your face, she can't help but giggle as you flinch and stumble backwards. You pick yourself up and dust yourself off, at least you had managed to brighten her mood slightly.

"I can take you Mister Gary, do you think you can find daddy?" Jenny quickly leaps to her feet and begins to rush through the grass that almost reaches her chest. You pursue, her not to keen to lose track of her now. She leads you back out onto the street before breaking off to the right and down a narrow street. Her destination becomes clear as you near the end of the street, a large sign depicts a slumped over Druddigon grasping a tankard of ale, this was clearly the Drunken Druddigon. Unfortunately Jenny doesn't stop at the front door, instead she bursts through it, entering the establishment before you can bring her to a halt.

"I told you not to come back in here", a gruff voice meets the young girl as she enters, it seems this wasn't the first time she had come here in search of her father. As you look around the bar, it was obvious that it saw its fair share of business. Still fairly early in the morning, the bar still wore the remains of the previous night's exploits. Half full tankards of ale lay scattered around the room, a few broken glasses and some overturned furniture marked the site of a scuffle. Scraps of food lay discard on the floor and the room possessed a foul odour, courtesy of the yeasty beer no doubt. A well endowed barmaid does her best to clear away the mess, although she is on her last legs if the dark bags under her eyes are anything to go off. A rough old bartender resides behind the bar, he scrubs at the bar with a filthy looking rag, leaving you to wonder whether he was making it cleaner or dirtier. He looks you over with a discerning eye, "so who are you then?"
Gary smiled as he got Jenny to come down from the slide. Because he had no clue of how to get to the Drunken Druddigon, the site of Jenny’s father’s last appearance, he was glad to have a tour guide to show him the way. Eager to get to the bottom of her father’s disappearance, Jenny darted off through the tall grass and it nearly took Gary every ounce of his concentration to not lose track of her. Hurrying after Jenny, the two soon enough exited the park and found themselves back on the main street. Soon enough, Jenny had led Gary to a narrower side street where they finally arrived at their destination.

Fitting to the name of the establishment, there was a large sign over a door at the end of the street depicting an inebriated Druddigon. As they approached the building, Jenny darted inside before Gary can even get a word out. He bit his lip and quickly followed in after her in order to make sure she stayed out of trouble. As he entered the bar, Gary was immediately met with a disgruntled voice saying “I told you not to come back in here” directed at Jenny.

Looking around at his surroundings, Gary spotted the aftermath of a profitable night of business. He wasn’t the type to regularly visit these kinds of establishments, so he tried his best not to touch anything. As the ragged old bartender asked Gary who he was, he instinctively put his hands on Jenny’s shoulders to make sure she didn’t run off again. “Hi sir, my name’s Gary and I’m a travelling trainer,” he greeted, trying to make use of his best manners, “Sorry for intruding like this, but Jenny’s father has gone missing and this location was supposedly where he was last spotted. If I could please have a moment of your time, any information would be of great help. In return, I can help you clean up if you’d like.”
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:55 AM   #180
134
Overenthusiastic Haole
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
The Ribcage Mall.

134
: As reluctant as the Vaporeon was, the fact was she required rest after the fight as you recall her to her comfortable home and bring two other pokemon out, a Starly with a look on the face that could intimidate a clear bodied Tentacruel, and a Kangaskhan joey, eliciting a couple of cooes from the dispersing crowd, which unsurprisingly turned to mocking, then fisticuffs. After tying the scarf around the tyke's neck, you head for the stairs, the Pidove seemingly more trouble than it's worth.

Scaling the several flights of stairs, you exit through the door to find yourself in what is seemingly the employee-only area, with a fine vantage point from the thankfully sturdy balcony. Looking around, you can see there are other balconies with staircases leading further up, and a flutter of wings catches your attention, the Pidove soaring higher into the building up to what seems to be an extensive and intricate mesh of cabling much further up, the Pidove landing on one of said cables, giving a beckon at you. It seems to consider your battling skills respectable, but it seems you have one more challenge ahead of you as you continue to scrutinise, making out a potential pathway up to the lofty heights the bird stands upon.

Ikaika looks at you and gives as much of a shrug as possible, giving the impression that heading further up herself would be a mistake. A crack of thunder ruffles the starling's feathers as she reasserts that going alone would be a foolish move, gripping your shoulder tighter in worry. It would seem you'll have to make your way up to the heights of the mall yourself, with only your head for heights at your disposal. You do however have options, through staircases scattered around you, and the cabling does seem to connect to a high ledge. Your only concern are your nerves, but as the Pidove cooes once more, you ask whether any fears of heights overcome the prospect of the object of your affection.


"There's no way I'm climbing those cables," Tate says aloud, self preservation seeming to finally kick in, after having followed a bird into a den if thieves in a rainstorm in a city of madness and fuckery. The trainer was tired, bruised, sore, possibly concussed, definitely complicit to at least one crime (which one was unknown and irrelevant -- simply being in this building was probably grounds for arrest) and most assuredly ready to get back to the bayou. "Come on guys, let's end this. We're getting that beautiful little fucker or dying trying, am I right, or am I right?"

Ikaika, the consummate warrior, chirped in the affirmative, ready to go to her grave on the battlefield. Steeling her nerves -- a bit embarrassed by her previous falter, even if she still had no intention of going it alone -- she made a salute with one wing, signaling her resolve. Wriggling violently in her trainer's arms, with no concept of death but with every concept of fighting, ‘Ōpio made what she likely thought was a bellowing noise, but was really only a squealing squeak, ready to punch some birds in the face. Hell, she'd have punched Ikaika if she could have reached her!

Rubbing the soot off of a bruised cheek, Tate turned to the nearest staircase and made way towards it. It was on another balcony, across a gap. They could try to jump, but Tate wasn't having any of that, either. They'd need more help, the bird keeper decided. Withdrawing yet another Luxury Ball -- keeping a tight hold on the squirming Kangaskan joey with one arm -- Tate released in a glittering golden light a massive bird with a band, featherless head; Pahalo the Mandibuzz. She was going to have to fly them across the next balcony. (Tate briefly considered having her fly them up to the high ledge, but didn't want to risk getting her caught in all the wires. A bird that size simply doesn't maneuver well, you see.)

Pahalo wasn't thrilled with having her trainer mount her, but she let it happen. Tate tried not to dig in, and tried not to look down, focusing on the task at hand. That Pidove was magnificent. Fetching. Adorable. A little prick. And it was going to let Tate love it.

__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseDiary (VG)

Active Team @ Mt. Cortoza

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles



Last edited by 134; 06-27-2017 at 09:11 AM.
134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:51 PM   #181
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
While one crawls in the dark, another scrambles in the light.

The Ribcage Mall.

134
: (4 of 6 confirmed: Vaporeon, Starly, Kangaskhan, Mandibuzz)

One look at the cables was enough to make you say no to climbing up anything, choosing instead to cut the knot as it were by calling upon the favours of your Mandibuzz to cross a gap towards a staircase leading further up. The vulture wasn't entertained by your request, but reluctantly allows you on board as you grapple with your joey in one arm and cling onto Palaho with the other as Ikaika retains her grip on your shoulder, looking up at the ceiling with anticipation, though you couldn't tell due to being focused on not looking down that her sight wasn't on the Pidove.

With a deep croon, the dark type spreads her wings and gives several flaps before leaping off the balcony and beginning to dive down, and your efforts to keep your focus on the target is unceremoniously thrown out the window as the dive naturally sends your gaze downwards, to the ground, before rising as the Mandibuzz uses the momentum of the drop to fly upwards and land on the balcony safely, outside the staircase. After ignoring your admonishments for pushing your acrophobia forth, seemingly a punishment for making her do something so menial, you slowly climb the staircase, body trembling as ‘Ōpio hops off your grip and bounds after you. Palaho then takes another few flaps to the high ledge above as you follow the staircase up.

The sight before you is impressive to say the least, with the cables in their mesh format just above you, the occasional flash of lightning in the sky causing them to glisten mesmerisingly, while leftover bales of cable lie here and there for repairs it appears, and as the larger avian lands, your ears catch the faint sound of chatter. It appears the Ribs may approve of your choice of path, but given the height, you're not keen to answer. The Pidove, too, appears to acknowledge your approach, and as you gaze at it, you can feel its respect for you grow as it cooes, flutters its wings...and fails to move off the cable. At first confused, the pigeon tries once more, with a little more force, and again fails as puzzlement grows to concern, its small feet appearing tangled to your eyes.

As you step forwards gingerly for a closer look, you have an unsettling feeling, similar to your fear of heights, but much more pronounced, but fail to comprehend why as the Kangaskhan idly toys around with one of the bales as Ikaika leaves your shoulder to ensure they don't accidentally fall off the ledge, while Palaho sneers at the snared bird, not impressed, but her frown is wiped from her head within a few seconds as you take a closer look at the Pidove and the cable, and make a startling discovery on the nature of the cable.

It's silk. Sticky silk.

Before you can act, something snaps around your legs and hauls you clean off the ledge with a horrified shriek escaping your lips as you're launched forwards and flying, pulled by something powerful. Your impromptu flight sends your flailing gaze down to the ground, some 120 feet below or so, and you find yourself hauled upwards and over a lower rafter, before dangling upside down. Quickly glancing at your legs, you find them wrapped in a web of silk as thick as the cabling, preventing your escape, and follow the silk over the rafter to the source, eyes wide open in fear as you discover what the Starly seemed focused on, the shape revealed amidst the backdrop of the biggest crack of lightning yet.

You're hanging before the largest spider you have ever seen, the creature's gold and purple legs thicker than your legs and longer than the Mandibuzz's wingspan, fangs bigger than your head, connected to a reddish body that has to be at least twelve feet long, and hungry eyes staring you, lunch. As if to confirm the supersized Ariados didn't get that big off mere Rattata, a clatter where your pokemon are situated reveals the bales of cable are in reality the remains of whatever it had consumed, and your Kangaskhan kid was now playfully rolling what was beyond a shadow of a doubt a human skull, oblivious to what it is while Ikaika stands, slightly surprised by the size of her apparent foe, Palaho's frown now a full glare and the Pidove's face marked with guilt, horror and concern in equal measures.

The Ariados clacks its jaws giddily as the rear end connects your sheathe to the now-clear web and slowly but surely begins to crawls towards you, the sight of you reflected off predatory eyes as it begins to salivate...


Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: (4 of 6 confirmed: Meowth, Scolipede, Seviper, Starmie)

Your legs currently under siege from the last rodents, your primary concern is getting them off your back as your current pokemon on field deal with their problems, and releasing Andromeda you deliver your orders to the starfish to get their attention. With a telepathic confirmation, the Starmie's gem begins to glow, forming a spotlight of energy and directing it first at the mice nipping at you, then to himself. The Rattata, taken by surprise at the light, are distracted perfectly and begin to scamper at the newcomer, while Meowth powers up more fighting energy as the Alolan rodent lunges, before punching the rat right in the nose, the force of impact smashing the fangs as it screeches and chomps down at hypersonic speeds down into the feline's flank, the cat caught in its grip.

Marvolo, still in the mood for dessert, rears up as the Raticate begin to rush at him, but one of the rodents is distracted mid-rush, and diverts attention to Andromeda! The other rodent attempts to barrel into Marv, hoping to take him down a peg or two, but is met with a torrent of flames thrown at it, shoving it back into the meat swamp, the noxious stench mixing with the naked flames as the molten pile erupts into a blast of fire that engulfs the Raticate, and the putrid stench is replaced with the smell of burnt flesh. The heat wave washes over the field, the distracted Rattata squealing as they're scorched, and the Raticate rushing for Andromeda flinching at the wave. Marvolo takes the brunt of the heat, which only serves to irritate him, while Meowth and his rodent are also buffeted, the Raticate releasing Meowth from its grip as you go from being hurt by teeth to being hurt by a hot wind.

Thankfully, no lasting damage was done, and the Raticate in the midst of the blast is launched forward, fur scorched off as the swampy heat quickly burns away leaving nought but blackened charred ground, the rodent attempting to climb to their feet, trembling. The Seviper is having none of that however and proceeds to grip the back of the neck and crunches down on the roasted rodent, killing it in a fast, merciful fashion. Not to be deterred, Meowth hisses before leaping at his stunned Raticate before swiping furiously at it, claws toughened by the prior two punches as he practically rips the fat rat's face apart in bloody rage, while Andromeda turns from the RAttata, by now in full retreat, to the other Raticate still surviving. Giving a warning, he begins to glow, but is sucker punched by the irate rodent who ignores the feeding Seviper, by now trying both varieties of Raticate scorched and finding both delectable in their own unique ways.

Unamused, the Starmie blasts it in the face with a dazzling gleam of fey light, the proximity blinding it as it scrambles and runs into the wounded Raticate, Meowth having grown tired of slashing after the fourth round of 'take dat and dat and some of dis too,' hunkering down and lowering his head, before bashing into the two rodents, launching them across the chamber as their skulls collide with the wall with a hollow thunk, knocking the two of them out cold, and judging by the slowly seeping pool of crimson, stone cold dead.

The threat neutralized, Marvolo pauses feeding for a moment to spit out a chunk of Raticate pelvis, the projectile shrouded in a dark energy as it hits the wall nearby, and a glance at the dex reveals that Marvolo has learned Secret Power during the fight. Further consultation also reveals that Meowth has gained 1 level from fending for himself, while Andromeda, having joined late, has gained nothing but the knowledge that Spotlight can be risky business to use.

"...nnnh..." a voice weakly cries, as you turn to the unconscious woman and look around you at the scene. There's a bunch of bone fragments, two unconscious Raticate bleeding out, two dead and scorched Raticate currently being devoured with gusto by a Seviper, and a great big stinking clump of death in the way that will soon begin to stink: hardly the safest place for anyone to recover, and the thought of the sight of it possibly causing her to faint means moving her to safety would be paramount, as well as the question of where the exit to these catacombs could be. Looking up, you can see no clear way back from where you were, and doubt anything in the team can carry two humans at once. With no way onward but forward through the passage the Raticate emerged from, you've got your path set out before you. The question, though, is how to deal with your current captive per se...
Raves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:29 PM   #182
Patches
Shake it!
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 476
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Kawaii - After taking a moment to get your thoughts straight after being bombarded with what appears to be a very serious situation, you finally decide what you’re doing and tell your Pokemon the plan. Once everyone knows their objectives you begin to run in the direction Samantha went, which is heading straight toward the fire. If you’re lucky, you will be able to catch up with Samantha and stop her from doing anything rash. While you run, you also offer the Ducklett that is held firmly in your arms some words of encouragement which seems to help lift her spirits a bit.

Meanwhile, Cerno is frantically trying to find Jeremy. He is having a very hard time because the smoke has been causing the volunteers to start crowding. He uses his small size to easily weave himself through the crowd, squeezing himself between people’s legs and keeping a constant eye out for Jeremy. He has no luck in the crowd and finds his way out of it feeling very disappointed and anxious. Now that the area is more open he glances around to see if there are any other places Jeremy may be. Suddenly, there is a strong gust of wind that picks up Cerno and blows him through the air until he smacks into someone. Oh, it’s Jeremy! “Hey little one, things are getting a bit hectic over here, where is your trainer?” He says as he picks up Cerno. Cerno is very happy to have found Jeremy but his happiness fades once he remembers that there is an emergency situation going down. He hops out of Jeremy’s hands and onto the ground. He jumps up and down frantically while pointing at the fire and waving his little arms. “Are you trying to tell me your trainer is at that fire!?” Jeremy remembers that this little guy belongs to kawaii and begins to glance around trying to see if he can spot her anywhere. It is then that he notices Frieghya running toward the smoke with two other Pokemon along for the ride. That’s when he realizes that kawaii is most likely in danger. “Everyone!! I need as many volunteers that are willing, to come with me and stop that fire!” Jeremy begins to run in the same direction that he had seen Frieghya was headed. Hoping he won’t be too late.

You continue to run into town when finally, you reach the burning building. The building is very tall, one of the tallest buildings in this run-down town and flames are blazing out of the windows. You notice that there are already a couple of people on the scene who have been trained to use that makeshift water bucket pulley system. Unfortunately, their water buckets aren’t having much effect at all on putting out the flames. Next you notice Samantha. You go to call her name but before you get the chance you watch as she runs right inside of the burning building! It is then that you hear the faint sound of creepy laughter coming from a nearby alleyway. Who could possibly find this situation funny? You have no idea whether or not Cerno ever found Jeremy and now Samantha is inside of a burning building with relentless flames everywhere. What will you do?
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:46 PM   #183
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: (4 of 6 confirmed: Meowth, Scolipede, Seviper, Starmie)

Your legs currently under siege from the last rodents, your primary concern is getting them off your back as your current pokemon on field deal with their problems, and releasing Andromeda you deliver your orders to the starfish to get their attention. With a telepathic confirmation, the Starmie's gem begins to glow, forming a spotlight of energy and directing it first at the mice nipping at you, then to himself. The Rattata, taken by surprise at the light, are distracted perfectly and begin to scamper at the newcomer, while Meowth powers up more fighting energy as the Alolan rodent lunges, before punching the rat right in the nose, the force of impact smashing the fangs as it screeches and chomps down at hypersonic speeds down into the feline's flank, the cat caught in its grip.

Marvolo, still in the mood for dessert, rears up as the Raticate begin to rush at him, but one of the rodents is distracted mid-rush, and diverts attention to Andromeda! The other rodent attempts to barrel into Marv, hoping to take him down a peg or two, but is met with a torrent of flames thrown at it, shoving it back into the meat swamp, the noxious stench mixing with the naked flames as the molten pile erupts into a blast of fire that engulfs the Raticate, and the putrid stench is replaced with the smell of burnt flesh. The heat wave washes over the field, the distracted Rattata squealing as they're scorched, and the Raticate rushing for Andromeda flinching at the wave. Marvolo takes the brunt of the heat, which only serves to irritate him, while Meowth and his rodent are also buffeted, the Raticate releasing Meowth from its grip as you go from being hurt by teeth to being hurt by a hot wind.

Thankfully, no lasting damage was done, and the Raticate in the midst of the blast is launched forward, fur scorched off as the swampy heat quickly burns away leaving nought but blackened charred ground, the rodent attempting to climb to their feet, trembling. The Seviper is having none of that however and proceeds to grip the back of the neck and crunches down on the roasted rodent, killing it in a fast, merciful fashion. Not to be deterred, Meowth hisses before leaping at his stunned Raticate before swiping furiously at it, claws toughened by the prior two punches as he practically rips the fat rat's face apart in bloody rage, while Andromeda turns from the RAttata, by now in full retreat, to the other Raticate still surviving. Giving a warning, he begins to glow, but is sucker punched by the irate rodent who ignores the feeding Seviper, by now trying both varieties of Raticate scorched and finding both delectable in their own unique ways.

Unamused, the Starmie blasts it in the face with a dazzling gleam of fey light, the proximity blinding it as it scrambles and runs into the wounded Raticate, Meowth having grown tired of slashing after the fourth round of 'take dat and dat and some of dis too,' hunkering down and lowering his head, before bashing into the two rodents, launching them across the chamber as their skulls collide with the wall with a hollow thunk, knocking the two of them out cold, and judging by the slowly seeping pool of crimson, stone cold dead.

The threat neutralized, Marvolo pauses feeding for a moment to spit out a chunk of Raticate pelvis, the projectile shrouded in a dark energy as it hits the wall nearby, and a glance at the dex reveals that Marvolo has learned Secret Power during the fight. Further consultation also reveals that Meowth has gained 1 level from fending for himself, while Andromeda, having joined late, has gained nothing but the knowledge that Spotlight can be risky business to use.

"...nnnh..." a voice weakly cries, as you turn to the unconscious woman and look around you at the scene. There's a bunch of bone fragments, two unconscious Raticate bleeding out, two dead and scorched Raticate currently being devoured with gusto by a Seviper, and a great big stinking clump of death in the way that will soon begin to stink: hardly the safest place for anyone to recover, and the thought of the sight of it possibly causing her to faint means moving her to safety would be paramount, as well as the question of where the exit to these catacombs could be. Looking up, you can see no clear way back from where you were, and doubt anything in the team can carry two humans at once. With no way onward but forward through the passage the Raticate emerged from, you've got your path set out before you. The question, though, is how to deal with your current captive per se...
Even with his legs under attack by a pack of Rattata, Keith still knew his priorities. Granted, said attack could only help to make said priorities that much clearer- after all, when one's legs are being chewed by Rattata, one's priority would obviously be to remove said Rattata, no? Nevertheless, it still said something in favor of Keith's ability to remain calm that he was able to come up with a good plan even with the current assault to try and distract him. His Pokémon had their orders, and so things got underway.

First, Andromeda drew the Rattata's attention to herself- and more to the point, away from Keith's legs. He breathed a sigh of relief as the move proved successful, and surveyed his surroundings, taking in the grisly fight as it happened. Meowth had landed a great Power-Up Punch, but was now trapped by the Alolan Raticate's Hyper Fang. Meanwhile, Marvolo's Flamethrower hit its mark, sending the remaining Raticate tumbling backwards... and right into the horrible swamp the Seviper had created with his Z-Move. The flames reacted with the poison, and the Raticate was ignited shortly, the stench of burning flesh leaving a rather grim clue as to the evolved rodent's ultimate fate. This also had the effect of sending a blast of hot air all over the immediate vicinity. This got the various rodents to flinch and wince from the burning wind, though ultimately no lasting damage was done by it.

Andromeda's targets had all fled at this point. All but that one Raticate, anyway, who landed a brutal and super effective Sucker Punch. The unamused Starmie, unamused both by the Raticate's antics, and by the updator's use of male pronouns in reference to her, unleashed Dazzling Gleam.

Marvolo, by this point, had had the luxury of tasting both varieties of cooked Raticate. "Mmm," he remarked as he feasted. "The Alolan is fattier, but that does something for the flavor, I think. Of course, this could also have to do with the toxic chemicals that played a part in cooking it," he added with a sadistic chuckle.

"YAAAAAH!" Meowth exclaimed, still enraged as he rammed into the remaining Raticate with a powerful Skull Bash. This sent them into the wall at high speeds. Too high of speeds for them to survive, if the pool of blood they now lay in was any indicator.

Keith breathed again- every Rattata and Raticate that had been threatening them now had either hauled ass or died. "...OK," he finally said. "That... Holy crap."

"I like a good workout with my dinner," Marvolo reiterated between bites of Raticate. "But this was a bit too chaotic for my taste." Of course, it seemed as though said chaos hadn't diminished his appetite any, for he continued to munch on the smoked Raticate corpses, his enjoyment of this meal quite evident.

"You said it, Marv," Keith agreed. "Alright... Now we just gotta- wha?" he added, for at that moment, he heard a weak cry. He turned- the unconscious woman was starting to stir. "...OK, yeah, we gotta get moving," Keith stated. He had the distinct feeling that Amanda just might not react too well waking up to such scenes of carnage.

Andromeda approached Amanda. Is she an ally or an enemy? she telepathically asked Keith.

"The jury's still out on that one," Keith responded. "I was starting to question her when... well, long story short, they accidentally triggered a trapdoor, and here we are."

I see, the Starmie's telepathic voice sounded in Keith's head. Should I carry her, then? she inquired.

"You know what, that's a good idea, Keith nodded his agreement. "Use Psychic to carry her. Don't hurt her, though- I still got to find out just what her story really is, and if it turns out she's good people..."

Understood, Andromeda responded, her core flashing a soft, reassuring blue before she turned her focus to Amanda, ready to telekinetically carry her. She could easily readjust her psychic hold to be more restrictive if need be, though she would do her best to do no harm to this person as long as it was what Keith wished.

"And just where do youse propose we go from here?" Meowth demanded. He seemed to have simmered down, the Taunt beginning to wear off, but he still looked rather annoyed by their current predicament.

"Only one way I can see," Keith replied, gesturing to the passage from which the Raticate had emerged to begin with. "Going up doesn't look like an option, even if I did have both Luna and Hedwig on hand. And you're leading the way," he added.

"WAT?! ME?!" Meowth exclaimed.

"Yes," Keith replied, establishing eye contact with Meowth. "We'll need your Flash to light the way. Look, if you're really worried, you can ride on Marv's head-"

"The hell he can," the Seviper interrupted.

"Excuse me," Keith said to Marvolo, folding his arms. "He can, he will, and you will not object to it, because you're smart enough come to the same conclusion I came to- that we need the light in front of us to see ahead of us, and we also need serious power in the lead to deal with any threats. Meowth provides the light, you provide the power," he finished with a smirk. "Unless, of course, I'm mistaken and you can't provide the power-"

"As if," scoffed the Seviper. "Fine. Climb on," he snapped to Meowth. "Just be warned- any claws you use to hold on are getting sliced off," he added ominously, brandishing his tail blade threateningly.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's just get outta here," grumbled Meowth, too tired and annoyed to be intimidated by Marvolo's threat. Even still, though, he made very sure to use no claws whatsoever as he climbed atop the Seviper's head and prepared to use Flash. With those two in the lead, Andromeda was to follow, telekinetically supporting the slowly stirring woman, and Keith intended to bring up the rear.



*Marvolo learned Secret Power!*

*Meowth grew to level 22!*

*Meowth learned Feint Attack!*
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:43 PM   #184
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,177
Medmana-Trying your best not to inhale too much of the putrid tobacco smoke, you inform Officer Derek that you were willing to take on the mission, provided you were well equipped. Derek rises from his seat and thrusts out his hand, "welcome aboard Ami, follow me and we will get you fitted out for the mission." You shake Derek's hand lightly before following him out of the room, taking big gulps of fresh air as you exit into the hallway. He leads you down a little further before opening another door. This room is filled with equipment, riot gear occupies one wall, a small cabinet in the back houses a collection of Pokeballs while racks of clothes are scattered around the room. Derek makes his way through the racks of clothes, seemingly looking for a particular item. Eventually he finds what he is looking for and he pulls out a gaudy looking denim vest, covered in sequins.

"This jacket might look terrible but trust me, you will need it. Not only is it lined with Kevlar but it also contains a concealed radio and tracker. Sadly the radio is only one way, we will be able to hear you but we won't be able to talk to you." Derek hands you the vest, "see that big golden sequin on the right pocket? Press that to turn the connection on, press it again to turn it off." Derek checks his watch, "the afternoon is beginning to slip away from us, you will need to get to the fight site before the sun goes down if you want to enter. The fights take place in Bedlam Quarry, the area is fought over by both the Shells and Ribs but they have set aside a section of the mines to conduct their recruitment fights. The entrance to that section of the mine will be marked with red, I dare say there will be guards posted as well. Keep your wits about you at all times, don't always expect a fair fight, instead prepare for the opposite. Remember to try and find out if there is anyone of importance in attendance, but be careful not to draw too much attention to yourself in doing so. That should be everything, if you have any other questions ask them now, otherwise you better get going."



Sandaa-You inquire as to whether the bartender had seen Jenny's father when he came to the establishment a few nights ago. The gruff looking fellow picks up a nearby mug and begins to clean it with the same filthy rag he had been wiping the bar with. "See here is my issue mate. Let's say I did see her father come in here and perhaps he was a part of something that landed himself in some trouble. I tell you where you could find him and you stir up more trouble. It gets tracked back to me and then I end up paying the price. Understand why I can't just go handing out information?" The bartender puts down the mug and rag before placing both hands on the bar. "I must admit though I could use a hand with something, I would even be willing to trade information about her father should you help me. See we had a bit of a nasty storm last night, smashed one of the windows in the kitchen and it seems something has snuck in. I tried chasing it out but it began to give me massive headaches, I couldn't even get a clear look at the thing. Follow me, I will lead you to the kitchen. Brandy, can you look after the girl for a moment?" The bartender calls over to the barmaid, who stops what she is doing and walks over to Jenny.

"Hi there little one", she smiles as she squats down to the girl's eye level, "how about you come lend me a hand while the men go about their business." Jenny happily takes the barmaids hand, she would be well cared for while you carried out the bartender's request.

You follow the bartender as he leads you to the rear of the establishment. He comes to a stop in front of the double doors that lead into the taverns kitchen. "You're on your own now lad, I'm not going back in there", the bartender pushes the doors open, allowing you to enter. The kitchen was a mess, food was scattered everywhere, dirty plates and cutlery fills the sinks. Glass was scattered around the broken window, the floor was wet where the rain had poured in. There was a strange energy in the air, that seemed to distort your senses, no wonder the bartender didn't want to come back in here. A flash of grey catches your eyes, only for another across the other side of the kitchen to draw your attention a few moments later. It seemed you might not be dealing with just one mysterious Pokemon, but how would you force them out when they seemed intent on remaining hidden?
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:34 PM   #185
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana-Trying your best not to inhale too much of the putrid tobacco smoke, you inform Officer Derek that you were willing to take on the mission, provided you were well equipped. Derek rises from his seat and thrusts out his hand, "welcome aboard Ami, follow me and we will get you fitted out for the mission." You shake Derek's hand lightly before following him out of the room, taking big gulps of fresh air as you exit into the hallway. He leads you down a little further before opening another door. This room is filled with equipment, riot gear occupies one wall, a small cabinet in the back houses a collection of Pokeballs while racks of clothes are scattered around the room. Derek makes his way through the racks of clothes, seemingly looking for a particular item. Eventually he finds what he is looking for and he pulls out a gaudy looking denim vest, covered in sequins.

"This jacket might look terrible but trust me, you will need it. Not only is it lined with Kevlar but it also contains a concealed radio and tracker. Sadly the radio is only one way, we will be able to hear you but we won't be able to talk to you." Derek hands you the vest, "see that big golden sequin on the right pocket? Press that to turn the connection on, press it again to turn it off." Derek checks his watch, "the afternoon is beginning to slip away from us, you will need to get to the fight site before the sun goes down if you want to enter. The fights take place in Bedlam Quarry, the area is fought over by both the Shells and Ribs but they have set aside a section of the mines to conduct their recruitment fights. The entrance to that section of the mine will be marked with red, I dare say there will be guards posted as well. Keep your wits about you at all times, don't always expect a fair fight, instead prepare for the opposite. Remember to try and find out if there is anyone of importance in attendance, but be careful not to draw too much attention to yourself in doing so. That should be everything, if you have any other questions ask them now, otherwise you better get going."
If there was one thing that could be said about this mission briefing, it was that it was certainly brief. Infiltrate the not-so-secret battlegrounds in the mines, do such a good job there that you attract the attention of the gangs' higher-ups, call in any acquired information from there... It was all so simple on paper, but only a fool would think it would still be so easy in practice. Well, it wouldn't be too long before Ami would cross that particular bridge, in any case.

Officer Derek held out his hand, officializing the end of the mission preview part of the meeting. She shook his hand and followed out of the room, taking deep breaths of the cleaner air in the hallway. Well, there was no truly clean air in this city, so this served as a good compromise.

The volunteer let out a quiet whistle as they entered the supply room. One of the walls was covered in a nice collection of police supplies, and the number of pokeballs elsewhere showed that even an officer with no pokemon of their own could still easily hold his own in the fight against crime. She was almost willing to bet that most of those pokemon were canines, but there really was no way to be sure while they were in those orbs. Of course, none of these were what the recruitment officer came to get- useful as they would have been to have on hand, they'd also be dead give aways if she messed up somewhere. Rather, he opened up a side cabinet and pulled out... a really gaudy looking jacket. "Um, is that really the current fashion around here...?" she asked skeptically. From what she'd seen of the place, it made little sense for sequins to be popular, but she was a newcomer...

"This jacket might look terrible-" Oh. That explains a lot. "-But trust me, you will need it. Not only is it lined with Kevlar but it also contains a concealed radio and tracker. Sadly the radio is only one way, we will be able to hear you but we won't be able to talk to you." Guess I'm stuck with it then.

Derek proceeded to lay out the rest of the plan, and ended thankfully with asking if she had any more questions. "...I don't believe so," Ami answered as she reluctantly pulled the hideous garment on over her clothes. "Thanks for the info, I'd best be off now. Have a nice evening!" With that, the girl hurried out of the building and into the streets. She pulled an oversized black hoodie from her bag and tossed that on over everything else, prioritizing getting the vest out of view over staving off the heat. Besides, there was a fair chance that many of the trainers that have already passed through the area also had Z-Rings and thus would have cemented them as being synonymous with problematic meddlers- while she was not willing to take that risk, she also didn't want to not have it accessible if she wound up needing it. Keeping it out of view, then, seemed like a solid compromise to her. Lastly, she transferred her pokeballs to the hoodie's pockets- her pokemon were her most essential assets in this mission, and should be easily accessible. Now satisfied with her preparations, she quickly set off once again. There was little point in dilly-dallying anymore, after all.
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:58 PM   #186
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 232
Kyuu-Tales: Alerted to the furious presence telepathically by Seiza, you now notice the itch of an angry gaze staring right at you. You worry of harm coming to you and your companion, of this angry manifestation of malevolence chasing you from this forest of crystal. Shivers race across your skin, some primal urge telling you to run far and run fast, anywhere you’d like as long as you leave here. Spurred by this age-old urge, frightening visions creep into your mind: ghosts and ghouls and all sorts of monsters that roam the darkest corners of your psyche. They dance across your vision, until finally you freeze in panic, hands clawed to your chest.

You try to rationalize, try to believe something would have happened already if this angry being truly wished you harm. Your pulse starts to slow, relaxing back towards normal, though you still can't shake that prickle of being watched. Deciding a soft touch might calm your nerves, you retrieve a Poke ball from your hip pouch, calling out a lilac Vulpix in a shimmy of sparkles. Cheerful to see you - and oblivious to any danger - the young Alolan Vulpix gives an excited little yip as she jumps up into your arms. You catch Sasha easily, hugging her tight to your chest. And at first, it seems you were right; with Sasha squirming in your grip, the unease you feel lessens.

Slowly, against that little voice still urging you to run, the now-three of you continue forward, deeper into the crystal woods. As you walk, the trees grow thicker, more tightly packed together. Even though it was midday when you entered, the light has considerably dimmed, the canopy above you blocking all but a few scarce rays of sunlight. By this point, the unease has returned, and even Sasha can feel it, whining softly in your arms. That little prickle of someone watching has grown, morphed into an almost preternatural sense of something there, just out of reach. An ancient instinct, ever fearful of the dark, ever fearful of what lies there in waiting. Occasionally, you hear the sound of foliage shifting, of the bushes and trees around you settling. Each time you fail to catch a glimpse of the source, or even of the plants moving, casts doubt on if it's even real, or if it's just your mind succumbing to fear.

Eventually, your path opens into a small glade, no more than four meters in diameter, containing two small crystalline spires. Up in the canopy, there is a single gap in the branches casting sunlight down onto the larger of the two spires, refracting the light across the ground in a beautiful dappled pattern.

As if spiting this picturesque sight, at the edges of this clearing, you again hear the quiet rustle of leaves. Sasha perks up, looking to your right. Following her gaze, you finally see this shifting of foliage, glimpsing a patch of tan before it bleeds back into the undergrowth. At the same time, you feel a soft psychic prod from Seiza. Turning to look at it, you see the Bronzor stare stoically to your left, where for a second you think you see a blink of blue.

Suddenly, a low growl pierces the air at your back. Slowly, you turn around. Hidden in the shadows of the underbrush, the first thing you see is a glimpse of white, sharp teeth pulled back in a snarl. Two bright blue eyes open, staring right at you.

What will you do?

(Declared 2/6: Bronzor, Shiny Alola Vulpix)
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #187
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Kawaii - After taking a moment to get your thoughts straight after being bombarded with what appears to be a very serious situation, you finally decide what you’re doing and tell your Pokemon the plan. Once everyone knows their objectives you begin to run in the direction Samantha went, which is heading straight toward the fire. If you’re lucky, you will be able to catch up with Samantha and stop her from doing anything rash. While you run, you also offer the Ducklett that is held firmly in your arms some words of encouragement which seems to help lift her spirits a bit.

Meanwhile, Cerno is frantically trying to find Jeremy. He is having a very hard time because the smoke has been causing the volunteers to start crowding. He uses his small size to easily weave himself through the crowd, squeezing himself between people’s legs and keeping a constant eye out for Jeremy. He has no luck in the crowd and finds his way out of it feeling very disappointed and anxious. Now that the area is more open he glances around to see if there are any other places Jeremy may be. Suddenly, there is a strong gust of wind that picks up Cerno and blows him through the air until he smacks into someone. Oh, it’s Jeremy! “Hey little one, things are getting a bit hectic over here, where is your trainer?” He says as he picks up Cerno. Cerno is very happy to have found Jeremy but his happiness fades once he remembers that there is an emergency situation going down. He hops out of Jeremy’s hands and onto the ground. He jumps up and down frantically while pointing at the fire and waving his little arms. “Are you trying to tell me your trainer is at that fire!?” Jeremy remembers that this little guy belongs to kawaii and begins to glance around trying to see if he can spot her anywhere. It is then that he notices Frieghya running toward the smoke with two other Pokemon along for the ride. That’s when he realizes that kawaii is most likely in danger. “Everyone!! I need as many volunteers that are willing, to come with me and stop that fire!” Jeremy begins to run in the same direction that he had seen Frieghya was headed. Hoping he won’t be too late.

You continue to run into town when finally, you reach the burning building. The building is very tall, one of the tallest buildings in this run-down town and flames are blazing out of the windows. You notice that there are already a couple of people on the scene who have been trained to use that makeshift water bucket pulley system. Unfortunately, their water buckets aren’t having much effect at all on putting out the flames. Next you notice Samantha. You go to call her name but before you get the chance you watch as she runs right inside of the burning building! It is then that you hear the faint sound of creepy laughter coming from a nearby alleyway. Who could possibly find this situation funny? You have no idea whether or not Cerno ever found Jeremy and now Samantha is inside of a burning building with relentless flames everywhere. What will you do?

Frieghya ran as fast as she could, as she was worried about her trainer only being armed with a single Ducklett. She ran into Jeremy and looked urgently toward the fire Kawaii saw the fire and went with her new Ducklett. she broadcast psychically. We need to hurry. The Espeon was determined to save her trainer and get help fast. She tilted her head, checking for other's behind Jeremy, then dashed off toward the fire. The psychic-type was towing her trainer's water types behind her using her psychic powers. Becky was completely oblivious to the chaos around her. Her mind was off somewhere focusing on what she was going to wear the next day. The Shellder had forgotten that she did not even wear clothes in the first place. The Lotad beside her was even more oblivious, he did not even know that he was in a high stress situation. To say he had no idea of what was even going on half the time was an overstatement entirely.
Kawaii approached the large burning building. She gave the little Water type in her arms a quick kiss before setting her companion down. "Just do your best, okay?" the pink-ette encouraged her little Ducklett. "Now! Water-gun!."
The Ducklett screwed up her courage and took aim at the biggest flame. She had failed before but would absolutely not let this get her down. The Water-type let out her Water-gun attack. She was determined to prove that she was not a total screw up and that she could actually be useful.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #188
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,504
(As you are no doubt aware, I am now including update music alongside your updates. This new addition is intended to add an extra atmospheric layer of flavor to your updates, and I hope you will enjoy them. PS - You may now notice your previous update now includes music as well)

Marshal's Headquarters



TheKnightsFury: [Update Music]

(Updater’s note: Khutulun has retroactively gained one level for her contribution in previous updates)

Ehrmantraut lifted his hand to his face and pinched his furrowed brow in frustration as you let loose a flurry of emotions. He let out an exasperated sigh and slowly pulled his hand down the bridge of his nose. “Kid. Stop. We don’t have time for this. What’s done is done.” He looked at you for a moment with a blank expression. The bags under his eyes looked as though they had gotten heavier, which didn’t even seem possible. He looked around once again at the scene that had played out before him before pulling a cigarette out of his inner coat pocket. He swiftly lit it between his palms before flipping his lighter shut and stuffing it back inside. He turned his attention to the Vullaby as he took a drag. He rubbed his five o’clock shadow inquisitively before raising his eyebrows with an annoyed look on his face. He then turned to the thugs who were laying on the side of the giant fissure, squinted, and exhaled smoke through his nostrils. Finally, he turned back to you, looking dissatisfied. “Fine. Give me your Rowlet’s Pokeball. I’m going to have to make some calls. In the meantime,” he lifted a duffle bag he had sat on the ground next to him up, presumably full of your belongings, and lobbed it toward you. “Gear up.”

Ehrmantraut pulled out an old flip phone and began walking back to his beat-up cruiser. Both Spartacus and Candace looked worried as they kept directing their attention to Boudicca, still at the bottom of the chasm, and then back to you. The sound of shouting echoing from within the crevice intensified, and the Mudbray appeared to still be worried, but remained silent.

The veteran officer could be heard mumbling, and suddenly the sound of his phone flipping shut reverberated through the air. He slammed his cruiser door and began walking back toward you. “I have cleanup on its way to take care of this mess. As much of it as they can take care of, at least.” He grimaced. “That Vullaby is as good as dead, but we’re getting it to intensive care anyway, along with these rat bastards,” he explained, motioning toward the passed out thugs. Without warning, he took a Pokeball and tossed it to you. “I revived your Rowlet. Maybe next time don’t use a young grass type against a strong fire-type, huh? Now then. If you’re ready...” He revealed another Pokeball in his hand and threw it to the ground. There was a burst of light. He took a long drag off of his cigarette as the light took form, and slowly revealed a large, blue dragon with a red-colored head. Ehrmantraut stepped forward and stood next to his Druddigon before pulling the cigarette out from his pursed lips and flicking it into the depths of the ravine below.

“We’re going down there.”





Brave Saix: [Update Music]
It’s hard to say exactly how much time passed while waiting in the cell. Everything seemed to become a blur. After McLarty had left, no one else came into the room - it was just you, Chimchar, and a very dead Gallade’s corpse. Something you said to the Chimchar must have struck a chord with the young fire ape, because some time after you had asked it to remember the way the electricity flowed through it, it stood up and began clenching its fists and repeatedly tensing its body. This continued for a while; the Chimchar evidently seemed determined to make this happen, moving around the cell, eventually resorting to striking the walls repeatedly, but to no avail.

Hunger. Thirst. Pain. Your body’s basic survival needs were kicking into gear, and surely they must have been for the Chimchar as well. How long has it been? Five hours? Ten hours? Twenty four hours? Was this the fate the Shells were leaving you to? A slow, lonely death in some laboratory-like prison with a dead Pokemon to remind you of the ruthlessness of your enemies? The dread and the hopelessness must have hit the Chimchar, too, as the Pokemon eventually collapsed to the ground and stopped moving. It seemed as though all hope had truly gone.

Slide. The door to the room opened, and someone walked in. It was a younger Shell, male and in full uniform, probably in his late teens or early twenties. In his hands was a single tray with two plates of food on it. He remained silent as he walked past your cell and punched in a code, opening a door in the wall between your prison and the one next to you. He disappeared, and after a moment, you could hear another beeping. The wall in the back of your cell opened, and the Shell set a single plate of food on the ground before closing the door. He walked out from behind the first door he had walked through, closed it, and then made his way through the blood soaked floor to the door opposite of your cell, and once again punched a code into a keypad. It seemed odd that the Shells were not using the keypad on the front of the cell and simply opening the door that way, but perhaps they were just taking extra security measures.

The Chimchar stood and faced the back of the prison, seemingly expecting her door to open momentarily similar to the way yours did. And she was right; the door opened, and the Shell stood in front of her. Immediately, the Chimchar Taunted the Shell, beating her chest, screaming, and then spitting a large wad of saliva at the man. It landed on his cheek, and the man dropped the tray on the ground. “Gah!” He yelped. “You little shit! You stupid little shit! I’m going to kill you!” The Shell walked into the cell and pulled out a telescopic baton, swinging it to the side and extending it to full length. The Chimchar looked into the man’s eyes; there was nothing but pure anger. The ape’s pupils contracted, and she tensed up. She clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. Her arm began to glow a distinct golden-yellow, and static electricity began forming around her fist. The Shell pulled the baton back to attack the Chimchar, but the Pokemon leaped into the air, pulled her fist back, and struck the Shell right across the cheek with an intense Thunder Punch. The Shell grunt staggered backward, dropped his baton to the floor, and fell to the ground unconscious.

The Chimchar’s pupils dilated and her jaw fell open. She turned and looked to you, and then down to her open palm. Leaving no time to waste, however, the chimp Pokemon rushed out of the cell through the open door and out of her confinement entirely, leaping over the blood soaked floor of the room and landing next to where you were held captive. She began to punch the glass wildly, repeatedly, over and over. Nothing was happening. And then, she remembered - the front panel’s electronic lock. She stepped back, took a deep breath, and once more clenched her open palm. Her arm lit up with the same yellow glow it had earlier, and electricity gathered around her fist. Just as she had previously, the Chimchar lept through the air and landed a direct hit against the panel with another Thunder Punch, shattering the keypad and causing the glass door on the front of the cell to immediately slide aside.

You were free.

(Lv. 12 Female Chimchar w/ Thunder Punch has joined your party)



Balmund: [Update Music]

In an instant, Hawlucha sprung out of the Pokeball and wasted no time unleashing a furious Karate Chop at its target’s neck as it somersaulted through the air before landing gracefully behind him. The thug immediately gasped, and fell to the ground unconscious. “Perfect,” quipped the woman. She took the butt of the gun and struck the back of the thug named Cecil’s head hard, and he instantly slumped over, causing a small amount of blood to ooze from the fresh wound. “So what’s the plan?”

“I was thinking we could keep your captive conscious to interrogate him, but -” The woman cut you off. “He wouldn’t have talked easily. The one you incapacitated is far more likely to give answers. If you haven’t realized it yet, he’s revealed he’s emotionally vulnerable, and will break easily. So again, what’s the plan?”

“Alright… first thing’s first,” you replied. “We need to secure the perimeter. Your captive was the one who unlocked the doors, so search him for his keys. Once we’ve done that, we need to interrogate. Given that we have two of them at our disposal, we can most likely play dirty - threaten one in exchange for answers from the other.” The woman grinned slightly. “Then we’re on the same wavelength. That’s more or less what I was thinking, too.” She dug her hand through the thug’s pockets, looking for the keys. “For the time being - since we’ll be working together, we need pseudonyms to refer to each other by. You can call me J,” she insisted as she pulled the large ring of keys out of Cecil’s pocket before tossing them to you.

“Lock the doors,” she commanded, “And have your Hawlucha stand guard. If anyone tries to get in, we have the upper hand.”

“Hawlucha… she’s right. Watch our backs.” You requested as you tested the keys in the lock, managing to find the right one almost instantly. The Hawlucha nodded and gave a slight, respectful bow over his wing before walking to the doors you had entered in through and stood guard, much like a soldier. “Next,” you continued, “once we’ve collected sufficient data, we’ll need to inspect the vault further. Once we’ve done so, I’ll radio for backup. At that point, we’ll change gears and proceed to raid the rest of the facility and apprehend as many Shells as we can manage.”

J remained quiet on the last few points, simply nodding in acknowledgment while maintaining a straight face. “Anyway… for now, grab two of those chairs,” J said, pointing to a small dining table in the back of the room with four chairs surrounding it. “We need to tie them both down.” You walked briskly to the opposite side of the room and grabbed two of the wooden chairs she had pointed out and dragged them back with you before setting them several feet apart and facing each other. J dragged Cecil over to one of the chairs while you lifted the one named Carlos into the other, both Shells slumping over as they remained unconscious. “Just remember,” she said, “most of these pathetic Shell members are just trying to put food on their tables when they have no other alternative in this godforsaken city. We need to get answers either way, so just follow my lead. Galvantula,” J called out suddenly. She pulled a Pokeball out of her inner pocket and tapped the latch as she had before, releasing the large, yellow arachnid from the device. “String Shot the Shell member on the right and bind him to his chair, and use Electroweb on the other.” The Galvantula wasted no time doing as it was commanded, tying Cecil to the chair with a standard String Shot, while unleashing a powerful Electroweb on the one named Carlos. The web wrapped itself around the thug, locking him to the chair. He immediately woke up and screamed as the electricity spread throughout his body. J struck him across the face. “Be quiet! Be quiet now or I’ll kill your friend!” She stepped back and lowered the gun to the unconscious Cecil’s head. Carlos immediately stopped screaming and spat blood from his mouth as he looked around at his predicament. He locked eyes with you and spat.

“Here’s how this is going to work,” she stated. “He’s going to ask you questions, and you’re going to give him answers,” she said, nodding towards you. “Every time you don’t comply, something bad happens to your friend. And if we get to that point, once we’ve bled him dry, I’ll do everything I did to him to you - tenfold. So for his sake, and yours, it would be best if you made this easy for everyone here. Do I make myself clear?” The thug remained silent, not saying anything in response.

“Now then. Let’s begin.”

Last edited by deoxys; 07-01-2017 at 05:23 PM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:11 AM   #189
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post

TheKnightsFury: [Update Music]

(Updater’s note: Khutulun has retroactively gained one level for her contribution in previous updates)

Ehrmantraut lifted his hand to his face and pinched his furrowed brow in frustration as you let loose a flurry of emotions. He let out an exasperated sigh and slowly pulled his hand down the bridge of his nose. “Kid. Stop. We don’t have time for this. What’s done is done.” He looked at you for a moment with a blank expression. The bags under his eyes looked as though they had gotten heavier, which didn’t even seem possible. He looked around once again at the scene that had played out before him before pulling a cigarette out of his inner coat pocket. He swiftly lit it between his palms before flipping his lighter shut and stuffing it back inside. He turned his attention to the Vullaby as he took a drag. He rubbed his five o’clock shadow inquisitively before raising his eyebrows with an annoyed look on his face. He then turned to the thugs who were laying on the side of the giant fissure, squinted, and exhaled smoke through his nostrils. Finally, he turned back to you, looking dissatisfied. “Fine. Give me your Rowlet’s Pokeball. I’m going to have to make some calls. In the meantime,” he lifted a duffle bag he had sat on the ground next to him up, presumably full of your belongings, and lobbed it toward you. “Gear up.”

Ehrmantraut pulled out an old flip phone and began walking back to his beat-up cruiser. Both Spartacus and Candace looked worried as they kept directing their attention to Boudicca, still at the bottom of the chasm, and then back to you. The sound of shouting echoing from within the crevice intensified, and the Mudbray appeared to still be worried, but remained silent.

The veteran officer could be heard mumbling, and suddenly the sound of his phone flipping shut reverberated through the air. He slammed his cruiser door and began walking back toward you. “I have cleanup on its way to take care of this mess. As much of it as they can take care of, at least.” He grimaced. “That Vullaby is as good as dead, but we’re getting it to intensive care anyway, along with these rat bastards,” he explained, motioning toward the passed out thugs. Without warning, he took a Pokeball and tossed it to you. “I revived your Rowlet. Maybe next time don’t use a young grass type against a strong fire-type, huh? Now then. If you’re ready...” He revealed another Pokeball in his hand and threw it to the ground. There was a burst of light. He took a long drag off of his cigarette as the light took form, and slowly revealed a large, blue dragon with a red-colored head. Ehrmantraut stepped forward and stood next to his Druddigon before pulling the cigarette out from his pursed lips and flicking it into the depths of the ravine below.

“We’re going down there.”

Jayson was pleased to see Ehrmantraut had come prepared, he happily accepted the bag containing his gear and proceeded to gear up. Using the officer's car to conceal himself from the peering eyes of the onlookers, Jayson quickly changed back into his regular clothes. He felt much safer with his armour on, even safer as he hitched his sword to his belt, they were almost guaranteed to run into more trouble when they got to the bottom of the ravine. The blade was dulled so that he couldn't cause any severe damage, at least with a slash. If necessary he could still drive through an enemy with the point, but that was a last option, he had no wish to go around taking lives unnecessarily. Jayson was starting to feel worn though, his own life had already been threatened a few times today, surely a swift end to the life of these thugs was still a just solution.

Thankfully Ehrmantraut also managed to get Atalanta healed, the Rowlet had fought valiantly despite having a distinct disadvantage. He was still rather concerned with the Vullaby's well being, Ehrmantraut didn't expect it to live but Jayson was confident the bird would hang on. Their task now was to get down to the bottom of the ravine, where Boudicca was waiting, alone and concerned. Ehrmantraut would likely ride his Druddigon down, the dragon was quite an impressive specimen and would likely have no issue with the descent. Jayson had a few possible options for getting down. He could hold onto Spartacus's legs and have the Scyther fly him down, or he could have Candace carry him down. While the Passimian was fairly strong, she would need to concentrate on her climbing, he couldn't rely on her here but she would make for a good safety net. Jayson released Atalanta from her Pokeball, he was pleased to see the Rowlet looking healthy again.

"Alright team we need to get down to the bottom of the ravine to help Boudicca. Spartacus, I am going to need you to fly me down there, I will hold onto your legs. Atalanta, grab me by my backpack and assist Spartacus in carrying me down. Candace, I need to to scale the sheer drop down into the ravine, if I lose grip of Spartacus I will need you to catch me before I hit the ground. Alright team, let's go!"

Spartacus quickly takes to the air, flying over to hover just in front of Jayson. Atalanta gripped him by the his backpack as he gripped Spartacus's legs. Both Pokemon began to beat their wings as hard as they could, slowly lifting their trainer off the ground. They made their way down into the ravine, Spartacus was starting to struggle with the weight, he was descending quickly, perhaps too quickly. Candace clung to the wall of the ravine, descending as fast as she can. The Passimian reaches the bottom just in time to catch Jayson, Spartacus and Atalanta couldn't slow down and if not for Candace, Jayson would have hit the ground with tremendous force. He now stood at the bottom of the ravine, water was beginning to pool around him from the bursted pipes. Boudicca quickly rushed over to join the rest of the team, Jayson promptly rubs the Mudbray's head, she had done well. Now they just had to deal with whatever was going on in the tunnels.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:33 AM   #190
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa-You inquire as to whether the bartender had seen Jenny's father when he came to the establishment a few nights ago. The gruff looking fellow picks up a nearby mug and begins to clean it with the same filthy rag he had been wiping the bar with. "See here is my issue mate. Let's say I did see her father come in here and perhaps he was a part of something that landed himself in some trouble. I tell you where you could find him and you stir up more trouble. It gets tracked back to me and then I end up paying the price. Understand why I can't just go handing out information?" The bartender puts down the mug and rag before placing both hands on the bar. "I must admit though I could use a hand with something, I would even be willing to trade information about her father should you help me. See we had a bit of a nasty storm last night, smashed one of the windows in the kitchen and it seems something has snuck in. I tried chasing it out but it began to give me massive headaches, I couldn't even get a clear look at the thing. Follow me, I will lead you to the kitchen. Brandy, can you look after the girl for a moment?" The bartender calls over to the barmaid, who stops what she is doing and walks over to Jenny.

"Hi there little one", she smiles as she squats down to the girl's eye level, "how about you come lend me a hand while the men go about their business." Jenny happily takes the barmaids hand, she would be well cared for while you carried out the bartender's request.

You follow the bartender as he leads you to the rear of the establishment. He comes to a stop in front of the double doors that lead into the taverns kitchen. "You're on your own now lad, I'm not going back in there", the bartender pushes the doors open, allowing you to enter. The kitchen was a mess, food was scattered everywhere, dirty plates and cutlery fills the sinks. Glass was scattered around the broken window, the floor was wet where the rain had poured in. There was a strange energy in the air, that seemed to distort your senses, no wonder the bartender didn't want to come back in here. A flash of grey catches your eyes, only for another across the other side of the kitchen to draw your attention a few moments later. It seemed you might not be dealing with just one mysterious Pokemon, but how would you force them out when they seemed intent on remaining hidden?
Gary patiently waited for the bartender’s response, hoping he could get at least a clue of the whereabouts of Jenny’s father. However, the gruff old man declined his request, not wanting whatever trouble Gary may stir up whether purposefully or accidentally to be linked back to his bar. Gary’s shoulders slumped, conceding that the man had a valid point, but with this he remained at square one with no more leads. The bartender then proposed an exchange of information for Gary’s assistance in the kitchen, causing the trainer’s eyes to light up.

The bartender explained to Gary that due to a recent thunder storm the night before, a troublesome Pokemon broke into their kitchen to take refuge and made a mess of the place in the process. To top it off, the Pokemon got a bit too comfortable around all of the food and refused to leave its haven. Gary smiled, seizing the opportunity. This was something more up his alley, so he happily agreed to the man’s terms. “Leave it to me, sir. Let me see what I can do about this.”

Leaving Jenny in the care of the waitress, Gary followed the bartender back to the kitchen. The old man showed Gary inside, opting to not follow in behind him. As the kitchen doors swung shut behind him, Gary took in the mess that lay before him. Dirty plates and cutlery filled the sinks while scraps of food, glass, and puddles of water littered the rest of the room. While Gary took in his surroundings, his senses suddenly became overwhelmed with an odd feeling. He shook his head, trying to shake off the sudden dizziness, and Gary realized that this might be a little trickier than he initially thought. To make matters worse, he spotted not one rustling in the kitchen, but two quick blurs that darted about. This task suddenly got twice as difficult.

Looking around the room, Gary tried to get a good look at the intruders, but they simply weren’t ready to reveal themselves yet. Thinking quickly, Gary reached for a Pokeball and pulled it out, lightly tossing it in the air. “Alright Venu,” he called out as the Pokeball popped open, revealing an Ivysaur before him, “Let’s try to lure these guys out with a Sweet Scent and then lull them into a daze with a Grass Whistle!”
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:56 PM   #191
Connor
Disillusioned
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,007
neverthrive: With the somewhat elderly man having saved you from what easily could have been a rather sticky end, you decide to shout after the man, asking him to wait. He stops in his tracks, turning towards you as you draw nearer, and it is now that you finally get a better look at him. For his age, he was huge - a towering individual, and his life as a miner had left him with a fairly muscular, chiseled physique, the faint scarring of injuries obtained within the mines clear on his strangely bare arms and face. His hair was steely grey but trimmed short, his hard hat attached to a belt around his waist. his hands were gloved, but something seems odd with the way he holds his spade - a squinted look later and you realise this is because he seems to be missing a digit, although you can't be entirely sure at this kind of distance. Still, the man was certainly imposing for his age, and yet despite this had an aura of affable humility hanging around him,the kind of warmth you would associate with a close friend clinging effortlessly to him. As you catch up, he wears a wide grin, happily slowing his pace in order for you to keep up. Despite this though, he doesn't speak until the pair of you begin to approach a small shack just in the distance, at which point he points towards the humble abode with the handle end of his spade.

"And that would be my shack. Not a fancy dwelling, I warrant, but it's cozy nonetheless."

With no further explanation, he heads into the shack, having to duck in order to avoid banging his head on the door frame. Turning to invite you in, he pauses for a moment, before nodding in your direction.

"By the way, want anything to drink? A shock like that has probably set your nerves on end. Didn't consider that earlier. My apologies, laddie."


Heather: With your threat remaining hung in the air, Vivian looks at you with a look of sheer shock, her eyes wide and full of an ingrained fear. Despite this, the woman soon recollects herself, shaking her head and bringing a hand to her face. With a heavy sigh, she pulls her hand down her face ... and the unimaginable happens. Her face begins to melt. The sight was a ghastly one, features dripping and oozing into one another as if they were made of little more than wax. As this happened, a reverberating laugh began to fill the room, the sound having a strange stereo quality, echoing emanating from the throat of the quickly vanishing Vivian and yet the surrounding walls simultaneously. The laugh slowly becomes more and more distorted as the grotesque image of Vivian drips sickeningly into the floorboards, oozing away into non existence. This all becomes too much for you, and you stagger backwards into whatever was covered under the white sheet - which immediately gives way. You become entangled within the white draper, desperately thrashing in order to release yourself, and you are eventually successful. As you look up, you come face to face with an ornate mirror. Wooden depictions of numerous Ghost Pokemon were etched into the surface of the frame, and the entire piece had an otherworldly, ethereal feel about it. There was one aspect of this which only heightened this supernatural aura.

You had no reflection.


Meetan: The children are clearly somewhat enamoured with Lorin, happily moving forwards to each give the Lotad a small handshake in greeting, their eyes widening with awe at the sight of the oddly coloured Lotad. However, their awe quickly shifts to yourself as you declare that you'll "kick arse", their eyes lighting up with a mixture of confidence and impress. They loudly cheer, Terry quickly being cheered up and sucked into the pace of his other friends, their energy infectious and quickly spreading. The only one who seemed a little reserved was Janie - awkwardly shuffling off to one side, the young girl looks towards you with a strange expression, one you can't quite put a finger on. This is quickly chased away though, the group turning to the young girl and looking to her for guidance. With a nod, she begins to lead your merry band through the rather weaving alleyways of the city, finally coming to a stop just above a small hill. Indicating for everyone to try and remain as hidden as possible, she points over the hill, down towards what seemed to be a dried riverbed.

Standing there, clearly frustrated, was a young boy not too much older than Terry, but notably larger. He stood a good feet taller than the boy you had met, and was much wider, his slight chubbiness no doubt what let him easily intimidate other children. At his feet was a Mudkip, the Water type defiantly staring back at the boy and refusing to listen to any orders, which was only prompting more outburst from the kid.

"I'm your trainer now. You should be doing what I say. They told me to bring a Pokemon so I am. This'll show them. This'll show Gary."


Maskerade: Announcing yourself loudly as you enter the Headquarters, you expect to be greeted warmly, with thanks and gratitude for your earnest offering of assistance. However, as you look around the admittedly rather pokey room you find yourself standing in, something of a makeshift crisis center with wooden tables dragged haphazardly around the room to serve as desks for working officers, you find yourself thrust into a rather bizarre situation.

Standing in the center of the room, commanding the attention of every officer surrounding, was a veritable bull of a man. His height was staggering - almost comical - and his body was similarly sculpted, with his uniform clearly threatening to burst open, the thin fabric taut across his muscles. His eyes were tiny and deep set, two small spheres of abject green fury. A moustache was littered with small specks of spittle, having found themselves there after being ejected forcefully from the mouth of the furious man. His head looked like a squeezed thumb, tinged red with anger - an almost bulbous vein snaking across his forehead. His bald head reflected the light from a nearby swinging ceiling lamp, causing the unfortunate recipient of the mans tirade to squint away, presumably only egging on the larger, angrier man more. As you adjust to this crazy situation, you notice that his target is significantly smaller - and younger, presumably being something of a newer recruit, or maybe even a bystander who had offered help much like yourself. However, the most bizarre thing about the entire situation was not the size of the aggressor, or the contrasting tininess of his target. It was the distinctly high pitched whine of the larger man's voice, a sound so disjointing that you could see the shock still fresh on the faces of the other officers in the room, who despite working with the man on a daily basis clearly still haven't adjusted.

"How the hell could you let them go like that? You're useless, Johnson. Absolutely useless!
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:32 PM   #192
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Meetan: The children are clearly somewhat enamoured with Lorin, happily moving forwards to each give the Lotad a small handshake in greeting, their eyes widening with awe at the sight of the oddly coloured Lotad. However, their awe quickly shifts to yourself as you declare that you'll "kick arse", their eyes lighting up with a mixture of confidence and impress. They loudly cheer, Terry quickly being cheered up and sucked into the pace of his other friends, their energy infectious and quickly spreading. The only one who seemed a little reserved was Janie - awkwardly shuffling off to one side, the young girl looks towards you with a strange expression, one you can't quite put a finger on. This is quickly chased away though, the group turning to the young girl and looking to her for guidance. With a nod, she begins to lead your merry band through the rather weaving alleyways of the city, finally coming to a stop just above a small hill. Indicating for everyone to try and remain as hidden as possible, she points over the hill, down towards what seemed to be a dried riverbed.

Standing there, clearly frustrated, was a young boy not too much older than Terry, but notably larger. He stood a good feet taller than the boy you had met, and was much wider, his slight chubbiness no doubt what let him easily intimidate other children. At his feet was a Mudkip, the Water type defiantly staring back at the boy and refusing to listen to any orders, which was only prompting more outburst from the kid.

"I'm your trainer now. You should be doing what I say. They told me to bring a Pokemon so I am. This'll show them. This'll show Gary."
Lorin was delighted for all of the fuss. He was used to stares and glances, but not this kind of affection from anyone but his trainer and he honestly felt warm and fuzzy inside. As they all moved through Bedlam, Alice engaged the children in bits of small talk, the Lotad happy to be petted or chatted to (even if the kids couldn't understand a word of his), and it honestly helped diffuse the pressure of the mission they had taken up.

It all died down as they reached their destination, and Alice sank down to keep out of the way. She was already short, so it wasn't difficult, but she made sure that her Pokemon was tucked in so that his bright colour didn't attract attention. "Wow, this guy seems pretty swell." The young woman's words were dripping with sarcasm. "Good on Muddy, though. Don't take shit from anyone." Her opinion put out there, Alice added, "Stay out of the way, okay? I'll go down there. If things get messy and you get a chance, one of you help Muddy, but don't get involved if you don't have to."

With that, Alice literally just got up and marched down there. The little shit looked like he was on his own, although it did sound as if this might have been a meeting spot. As it was, it also sounded like this brat had no Pokemon to order around other than the stolen dual type, so that helped matters. "Hey there. It sounds like you're having a few problems. What's up, and who's Gary?"
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:54 AM   #193
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,177
Medmana- You reluctantly accept the gaudy denim surveillance vest and slip it on over your clothes. You quickly leave Officer Derek, intent on getting to the fight location in time to enter. As soon as you exit the station you retrieve a black hoodie from your bag and put it on, both to hide the fashion crime of a vest and the Z-Ring on your wrist, certain that it would draw unwanted attention. The issue would come when you needed to activate the microphone, you would have to fumble around and hope you press the right sequin, which could cost you vital time. You could deal with that when the time came though, now the most important thing was getting to the Bedlam Quarry in time, the sun was already making its way towards the mountains in the west.

You make your way through the city, the sun at your back as you weave through the streets towards the old quarry. Most of the city's population was beginning to make their way inside, knowing better than to remain in the streets after dark. The houses began to thin out as you got closer to the quarry, eventually the streets give way to a trail that winds through the rocky terrain. There was little to no cover, leaving you exposed to peering eyes, you couldn't help but feel like you were being watched. You round a corner and find yourself at the entrance to the mines, only for a hand to come out of nowhere and grab you by the arm. The arm pulls you off the path and behind a large boulder, a hand covers your mouth to stop you from crying out. A young man is responsible for the action, his light blue eyes sparkled with fear.

"I've been following you ever since you left the Marshal Headquarters", you could hear the panic in the man's voice, his tone quivering as he quickly tried to explain his actions. "They sent you to participate in the gang trial fights right? You're not the first person they have sent in. I was the last volunteer they sent in. Bet they didn't tell you what happens if you lose did they? They take your Pokemon, just like they took mine. As soon as you lose they take your Pokemon and throw you out, then they store your Pokemon to auction them off to the highest bidder. It won't be long until the next auction and they still have my Pokemon and likely plenty of others. I know you have to worry about yourself and your own Pokemon but if you could find out where they are keeping the others and see to their release, I would be forever in your debt." The man has tears in his eyes as he pleads for your help, "my name is Jacob, I'm going to sneak into the crowd, if push comes to shove I will help you but I need you to help me." It was starting to get dark, the sun was setting and you were beginning to run out of time. Jacob had provided you with more information and has offered aid, but could you afford to split your attention across two tasks?


Sandaa- With Jenny being taken care of, you agree to undertake the task set by the bartender, if it meant getting information about the girl's father, you were willing to do just about anything. You immediately realize that the problem might be trickier than you first thought, it was hard to chase off a Pokemon that you couldn't see. You ponder the situation for a moment before settling on a plan of action, tossing a Pokeball into the air. It bursts open to reveal an Ivysaur, the Seed Pokemon seemed pleased to be called on to deal with this problem. You immediately set about a plan of action, Venu would lure out the Pokemon and then incapacitate them, a simple open and shut case.

Venu relaxes, the petals of her flower begin to slowly open, releasing an enticing scent that quickly permeates the entire kitchen. You lick your lips as the sweet scent makes your taste buds tingle, if this didn't lure the mysterious Pokemon out, nothing would. Sure enough, Venu's trick works and two small grey Pokemon emerges from separate sides of the kitchen. Their eyes are closed as they follow the scent with their noses, unaware that they are being lured into a trap. Venu shuffles his position but accidentally knocks a pot off the bench, causing it to hit the ground with a resounding clang. The Pokemon's eyes snap open, revealing mauve eyes with dark blue pupils. They look to each other, afraid now that they have been unveiled. Your head suddenly feels like it is being crushed in a vice, the psychic energy in the room begins to increase. The eyes of the two little feline's glow bright blue as they cast out a psychic assault at the Ivysaur who lured them from hiding. Venu is tossed around like a rag doll, the combined power of the two Pokemon sends him crashing through the kitchen.

As Venu picks himself up, he feels strangely uneasy, his mind and body refusing to work in synch. It seems that psychic attack not only hurt him but it left him confused as well. The Ivysaur attempts to whistle a tune to soothe the two Pokemon to sleep but he can barely muster a few notes before losing track of where he is at. Still angered by the intrusion into their new home, the two Pokemon leap at Venu and begin to scratch at him with their claws, it seems they aren't eager to leave their new haven.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #194
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Deoxys: On the offer of water, the young woman eagerly takes the bottle from your hand, looking somewhat sheepish as she realises she essentially snatched the bottle from you. Still, she twists the cap undone, gulping large amounts of water - it was clear from her reaction that she was parched. As she finishes her fill, she pants a little, before capping the bottle once again and setting it down on the ground. Stretching a little, working out some of the apparent stiffness in her body, she finally sighs, a troubled expression upon her brow.

"My name - of what I remember - is Samantha. I remember coming here intrigued about the stories of the place - I love things like that, the supernatural , there's a certain dangerous thrill to it."

Her eyes lit up at this point, her enthusiasm evidently sincere. Still, the grim air soon returns to her, and she bites her bottom lip, straining to remember anything beyond that. You can almost feel the palpable grind of the gears of her brain clicking into motion, but it was even more clear that she wasn't getting much further with her train of thought. Finally looking back to you, directly in the eyes this time, she shakes her head.

"I ... I can't remember anything more than that. I wouldn't even go as far as to say that is a real memory ... it feels more vague than that, more of a feeling than any solid recollection. I wish I could help more - for my own sake as well as yours - but I can't bring anything to mind."

As she faces this defeat, her entire body slumps somewhat, and almost as if to punctuate this deflating ... the grinding starts once again, echoing down the hall.
"So then... we are dealing with someone who has potentially had their memory replaced, or has possibly been brainwashed," Hiero thought to himself. She became noticeably drained upon making her realization, and like clockwork, the grinding sound at the end of the hall started back up once more. "Yeah... That's not suspicious or anything." Hiero looked to her, then to his Mimikyu, and then toward the sound at the end of the hall. The Mimikyu became apprehensive upon hearing the noise, maneuvering itself once more into a combat-ready stance. "Pera... I guess that we're on the same wavelength on this one. You can feel it, too, then." The Mimikyu looked to his trainer and extended a dark claw out from under its shroud defensively, as though it were ready to strike any potential enemies that could be lurking in the shadows. "Miiiikkkkk..."

"Alright. I've been putting it off for too long. Pera, it's time to find out what the hell is making that noise. Samantha - do you have any Pokemon on you? I'm not sure if this would be a good idea in your condition, but there's something foul going on here, and I intend to figure out what it is. I would feel more comfortable if you came with us regardless, especially given where we are, but I can't make you do anything you don't want to do."

The cackling. The grinding. The hallucinations. Samantha. Bit by bit, everything was beginning to come together. It was time to face whatever the hell was going on here one on one.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:03 PM   #195
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Agartha
Posts: 11,268
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Bedlam Ridge
The Temporary City Zone

The Ribcage Mall (Ribs): Please reply in Cyan!

Your Duskull, who for some reason still lacks a name, begins to slowly float forward, phasing between different piles of rubble as it intends on staying hidden. Fortunately, the two gangsters seem more content to continue abusing whatever is inside of the bag, and this allows your Duskull to creep up on them without any suspicion. The two men finally feel content in the amount of abuse they delivered to their unfortunate victim, and they laugh a little bit before turning around, coming face to face with your Duskull. Emotionlessly, your Duskull flashes a brilliant light in front of the two gangsters, causing their eyes to glaze over as they stumble around drunkenly, completely confused. One of them stumbles over some garbage lying around and falls over, knocking his head onto the pavement. That...probably stung, but maybe he deserved it. Your Duskull, floating to a safe place where the Ribs wouldn't be able to find or catch him, began to exercise his Psychic abilities in order to move the bag.

No matter how gently one tried to move the bag, however, it would still scrape against the pavement below it and occasionally get caught on some of the trash left outside. The two gangsters seemed to be completely oblivious to the moving bag as it moves closer and closer to your position. The bag slowly ends up at your feet, a good distance away from the Ribs who had brought it here, and your Duskull seems a bit keen on seeing what it inside. Continuing to manipulate the bag with his abilities, the zipper on the side of bag begins to unzip, and before you can stop him from opening itself, the bag is entirely open. Figuring there is no harm to be had now in looking inside, you open the bag more with your hands, trying to see what was inside.

Inside wasn't a Pokemon it seemed, but another person. She looked to be only in her teens, at the oldest maybe sixteen or seventeen, with long reddish hair. What beauty there would have been in her features had been brutalised by the two Ribs, as she was bloody and bruised all over from them kicking her, and probably having done more to her. Her clothes were ripped up, and while they still covered her for the most part, it was difficult to see what they could have been initially. Worried, you place a couple of fingers on her throat to check for her pulse, and stumble for a bit until you feel a faint pulse. She was alive, although she was also unconscious.

What will you do?
__________________




Fuck these crabs
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:03 PM   #196
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,453
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Balmund: [Update Music]

In an instant, Hawlucha sprung out of the Pokeball and wasted no time unleashing a furious Karate Chop at its target’s neck as it somersaulted through the air before landing gracefully behind him. The thug immediately gasped, and fell to the ground unconscious. “Perfect,” quipped the woman. She took the butt of the gun and struck the back of the thug named Cecil’s head hard, and he instantly slumped over, causing a small amount of blood to ooze from the fresh wound. “So what’s the plan?”

“I was thinking we could keep your captive conscious to interrogate him, but -” The woman cut you off. “He wouldn’t have talked easily. The one you incapacitated is far more likely to give answers. If you haven’t realized it yet, he’s revealed he’s emotionally vulnerable, and will break easily. So again, what’s the plan?”

“Alright… first thing’s first,” you replied. “We need to secure the perimeter. Your captive was the one who unlocked the doors, so search him for his keys. Once we’ve done that, we need to interrogate. Given that we have two of them at our disposal, we can most likely play dirty - threaten one in exchange for answers from the other.” The woman grinned slightly. “Then we’re on the same wavelength. That’s more or less what I was thinking, too.” She dug her hand through the thug’s pockets, looking for the keys. “For the time being - since we’ll be working together, we need pseudonyms to refer to each other by. You can call me J,” she insisted as she pulled the large ring of keys out of Cecil’s pocket before tossing them to you.

“Lock the doors,” she commanded, “And have your Hawlucha stand guard. If anyone tries to get in, we have the upper hand.”

“Hawlucha… she’s right. Watch our backs.” You requested as you tested the keys in the lock, managing to find the right one almost instantly. The Hawlucha nodded and gave a slight, respectful bow over his wing before walking to the doors you had entered in through and stood guard, much like a soldier. “Next,” you continued, “once we’ve collected sufficient data, we’ll need to inspect the vault further. Once we’ve done so, I’ll radio for backup. At that point, we’ll change gears and proceed to raid the rest of the facility and apprehend as many Shells as we can manage.”

J remained quiet on the last few points, simply nodding in acknowledgment while maintaining a straight face. “Anyway… for now, grab two of those chairs,” J said, pointing to a small dining table in the back of the room with four chairs surrounding it. “We need to tie them both down.” You walked briskly to the opposite side of the room and grabbed two of the wooden chairs she had pointed out and dragged them back with you before setting them several feet apart and facing each other. J dragged Cecil over to one of the chairs while you lifted the one named Carlos into the other, both Shells slumping over as they remained unconscious. “Just remember,” she said, “most of these pathetic Shell members are just trying to put food on their tables when they have no other alternative in this godforsaken city. We need to get answers either way, so just follow my lead. Galvantula,” J called out suddenly. She pulled a Pokeball out of her inner pocket and tapped the latch as she had before, releasing the large, yellow arachnid from the device. “String Shot the Shell member on the right and bind him to his chair, and use Electroweb on the other.” The Galvantula wasted no time doing as it was commanded, tying Cecil to the chair with a standard String Shot, while unleashing a powerful Electroweb on the one named Carlos. The web wrapped itself around the thug, locking him to the chair. He immediately woke up and screamed as the electricity spread throughout his body. J struck him across the face. “Be quiet! Be quiet now or I’ll kill your friend!” She stepped back and lowered the gun to the unconscious Cecil’s head. Carlos immediately stopped screaming and spat blood from his mouth as he looked around at his predicament. He locked eyes with you and spat.

“Here’s how this is going to work,” she stated. “He’s going to ask you questions, and you’re going to give him answers,” she said, nodding towards you. “Every time you don’t comply, something bad happens to your friend. And if we get to that point, once we’ve bled him dry, I’ll do everything I did to him to you - tenfold. So for his sake, and yours, it would be best if you made this easy for everyone here. Do I make myself clear?” The thug remained silent, not saying anything in response.

“Now then. Let’s begin.”
Undoubtedly, there was some measure of risk involved in performing such an impromptu interrogation. For starters, there was the uncertainty regarding how big a time window would be available to extract the necessary information, and in a relatively discrete manner at that. Duke assumed the VIP lounge would be designed in a manner so as to muffle the sound of its visitors to the outside. After all, it was revealed the grunts could be quite coercive themselves when it came to persuading new champions to their side, and it would be unfavorable to anyone if the noise could be easily heard by the spectators on the floor below. That said, it was only a matter of time before the other guards grew suspicious, and as such, whatever method they chose to follow would have to be optimal in efficiency; it had to provide enough stress to make Carlos spill his knowledge while also allowing a window of hope that both guards would come out relatively fine. What actions taken, what words uttered, and in which order would all be very important for this purpose. Pile on too much pressure, and the subject might confess to anything just to make it stop, regardless of its veracity. Play too soft and the subject might never budge in time, or worse, flat out lie with impunity.

When it came to providing enough incentive, Duke had a relatively reliable method already in mind. It was obvious to him that one of the greatest fears of any human being was, simply put, that of pain. Threats to one’s own self or those dear and close; bodily harm; even death; what mattered most was the underlying pain, physical or emotional, as a consequence of any of those events; and pain was a thing he knew very well how to inflict. In short, the thug named Cecil had ten fingers, which meant ten opportunities to make Carlos feel for his partner while also mentally preparing him for what was in store for him, and given that fingers were arguably the most sensitive part of the human body, all it would take would be a knife dug just below the fingernail in order to pluck it off clean and swiftly for maximum effect (without permanently crippling or killing the target). If all went well, he would perhaps only need to pull this off just once in order to show Carlos that they meant their threats, and that there were no rules or moral codes protecting him. Even if there were, he would have to believe otherwise.

Upon hearing J’s prompt, Duke began his line of questioning, keeping in mind that while they just started working together, it was crucial that they give the impression of a perfectly unified front. A display of weakness in their mutual dynamic could easily go very, very wrong. So far, J has shown herself as the one throwing the threats around in a no-nonsense manner. To complement this, Duke thus figured he would instead take on the role of the “good cop”, posing as Carlos’s only remaining ally, building rapport and maybe even flattering him a bit in order to coax him into a more cooperative mood.

“Carlos, isn’t it? I know you’re a smart man and you know how this song and dance goes. You’ve played this game before from the other side, after all. If only they had been more cooperative, am I right? Now listen, my friend J here can be quite brutal - you saw how it went down with that Krokorok, right? - but hey, my name might be K, but I’m not kidding when I say I want the best of outcomes for you right now. Your friends aren’t going to get here in time, y’know, so I’m the only one standing between you and the pain that J has in store for you both. Capiche? Good. Here’s a question that’ll be nice and simple to verify: What’s the code for the safe?”

While it might seem an odd question to lead with, there was some sensible reasoning behind it, and it had nothing to do with greed. Firstly, Duke wanted to gauge how willing was Carlos to comply, not just in giving an answer, but also a truthful one, and as such asking about something he could confirm in the immediate vicinity only made sense. Additionally, it was his Seviper that led him to the room to begin with, and he was sure it wasn't to meet up with J and have fun with some grunts. Whatever lied within that safe, was undoubtedly important. Nonetheless, depending on how this one went, he did have a few follow up questions for his hostage, regardless of how well they lined up with J's interests - surely, if he missed any, she could ask them on her own.

"Who's running this place? Where can I find him/her? Where are the Pokémon being held? How many personnel are there in this complex? What's the location of your other projects? Where's your center of operations? Would you rate J as a 10/10?"
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 07-03-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #197
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Bedlam Ridge
The Temporary City Zone

The Ribcage Mall (Ribs): Please reply in Cyan!

Your Duskull, who for some reason still lacks a name, begins to slowly float forward, phasing between different piles of rubble as it intends on staying hidden. Fortunately, the two gangsters seem more content to continue abusing whatever is inside of the bag, and this allows your Duskull to creep up on them without any suspicion. The two men finally feel content in the amount of abuse they delivered to their unfortunate victim, and they laugh a little bit before turning around, coming face to face with your Duskull. Emotionlessly, your Duskull flashes a brilliant light in front of the two gangsters, causing their eyes to glaze over as they stumble around drunkenly, completely confused. One of them stumbles over some garbage lying around and falls over, knocking his head onto the pavement. That...probably stung, but maybe he deserved it. Your Duskull, floating to a safe place where the Ribs wouldn't be able to find or catch him, began to exercise his Psychic abilities in order to move the bag.

No matter how gently one tried to move the bag, however, it would still scrape against the pavement below it and occasionally get caught on some of the trash left outside. The two gangsters seemed to be completely oblivious to the moving bag as it moves closer and closer to your position. The bag slowly ends up at your feet, a good distance away from the Ribs who had brought it here, and your Duskull seems a bit keen on seeing what it inside. Continuing to manipulate the bag with his abilities, the zipper on the side of bag begins to unzip, and before you can stop him from opening itself, the bag is entirely open. Figuring there is no harm to be had now in looking inside, you open the bag more with your hands, trying to see what was inside.

Inside wasn't a Pokemon it seemed, but another person. She looked to be only in her teens, at the oldest maybe sixteen or seventeen, with long reddish hair. What beauty there would have been in her features had been brutalised by the two Ribs, as she was bloody and bruised all over from them kicking her, and probably having done more to her. Her clothes were ripped up, and while they still covered her for the most part, it was difficult to see what they could have been initially. Worried, you place a couple of fingers on her throat to check for her pulse, and stumble for a bit until you feel a faint pulse. She was alive, although she was also unconscious.

What will you do?
Jeri was expecting the bag to hold a Pokémon - something that he figured he would be able to deal with relatively easily, or at least had some experience handling. He, however, was no medical professional, and outside of a bit of first aid he had picked up over his travels, he was a bit out of his element. He wasn't sure what he could do to help her, but he knew he would need to get her out of danger as best as possible.

"Okay, Duskull, cover us. If they get too close, hit them with a Disable," Jeri ordered.

He thumbed through the balls on his belt, looking for one that might contain a Pokémon who can give him a hand. He was fortunate enough to have brought along just the right monster, though he wasn't quite sure how friendly he was with him yet. He selected a Moon Ball, chucking it in front of him, hoping the light of the release wouldn't give away his position. Out from it appeared a Grumpig, who was just as surprised as Jeri was to find the unconscious girl.

"Okay, Isa, right? Hey, can you help me with her? Let's move her to cover with you Psychic. And you can help fix her up with Softboiled right?" Jeri requested, still not feeling entirely comfortable with the Grumpig.

Isa reacted calmly, his surprise fading quickly, and began to concentrate his telekinetic abilities to lift the girl off the ground and transport her somewhere out of the sight of her assailants.
Member Post

Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #198
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- With Jenny being taken care of, you agree to undertake the task set by the bartender, if it meant getting information about the girl's father, you were willing to do just about anything. You immediately realize that the problem might be trickier than you first thought, it was hard to chase off a Pokemon that you couldn't see. You ponder the situation for a moment before settling on a plan of action, tossing a Pokeball into the air. It bursts open to reveal an Ivysaur, the Seed Pokemon seemed pleased to be called on to deal with this problem. You immediately set about a plan of action, Venu would lure out the Pokemon and then incapacitate them, a simple open and shut case.

Venu relaxes, the petals of her flower begin to slowly open, releasing an enticing scent that quickly permeates the entire kitchen. You lick your lips as the sweet scent makes your taste buds tingle, if this didn't lure the mysterious Pokemon out, nothing would. Sure enough, Venu's trick works and two small grey Pokemon emerges from separate sides of the kitchen. Their eyes are closed as they follow the scent with their noses, unaware that they are being lured into a trap. Venu shuffles his position but accidentally knocks a pot off the bench, causing it to hit the ground with a resounding clang. The Pokemon's eyes snap open, revealing mauve eyes with dark blue pupils. They look to each other, afraid now that they have been unveiled. Your head suddenly feels like it is being crushed in a vice, the psychic energy in the room begins to increase. The eyes of the two little feline's glow bright blue as they cast out a psychic assault at the Ivysaur who lured them from hiding. Venu is tossed around like a rag doll, the combined power of the two Pokemon sends him crashing through the kitchen.

As Venu picks himself up, he feels strangely uneasy, his mind and body refusing to work in synch. It seems that psychic attack not only hurt him but it left him confused as well. The Ivysaur attempts to whistle a tune to soothe the two Pokemon to sleep but he can barely muster a few notes before losing track of where he is at. Still angered by the intrusion into their new home, the two Pokemon leap at Venu and begin to scratch at him with their claws, it seems they aren't eager to leave their new haven.
Gary smiled as his plan seemed to be working perfectly. Venu was using Sweet Scent and as he did, the two intruders revealed themselves, lured in by the fragrance. Looking at the two small bundles of gray fur, Gary quickly whipped out his Pokedex. It scanned the small felines and read out loud, “Espurr, the Restraint Pokemon. The organ that emits its intense psychic power is sheltered by its ears to keep power from leaking out.”

“Espurr, huh?” Gary mused, having heard of this Pokemon but never seeing it up close before. “A Psychic type could be tricky for Venu, so we’ll have to play this the right way…” As if on cue, a slight error in movement by Venu caused a stack of dirty pots to topple over with a loud crash. The two Espurrs were instantly roused from their daze and angrily turned their attention to Venu. A splitting headache erupted in Gary’s head while Venu was telekinetically lanched across the kitchen. “Shit! Me and my damn mouth,” Gary cursed. “Are you alright, Venu?”

Venu wobbled about unsteadily, not hearing his trainer’s question. He began to whistle his next attack, but with the notes jumbled in his head, he could barely hold a tune. “Damnit! Venu snap out of it! Listen, we’ve got to target their senses! Let’s light them up with a Flash and while they’re disoriented, hit them with a Razor Leaf! Let’s finish things off with a Sleep Powder!” Gary prayed that Venu could understand at least two out of the three attacks and prepared for the worst, ready to close his eyes from the Flash. He picked up a frying pan to attempt to shield him from any leaves that might fly his direction as well and planned on holding his breath if the powder went awry.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #199
Connor
Disillusioned
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Connor -
Spoiler: show
You’re feeling very frustrated at this point since this entire day has done nothing but test your limits. Now you’re in some serious danger and yet you’re forced to play hero. You can’t take your mind off of that gun and know that something must be done about it or else something really bad might happen. While you’re thinking about that though, the two Ribs members proceed to gang up on Thornhammer and the odds don’t appear to be in his favor. You know that you have no time to waste and kneel down to quietly open up one of your pokeballs while praying they won’t notice you. Red light pours out of the ball and quietly dissipates, revealing a Bellsprout. You glance back up at the scene before you and it would appear that they are so distracted that not even the light got their attention! So far so good. You give Sophie access to your mind and she gets right to work relaying the plan to Ivy.

Ivy steadies himself and begins to use Vine Whip, extending his vines toward the members waist while making sure to not get caught. Meanwhile, Glameow has launched into battle and attempts to Fake Out the opponent. Ivy’s vines have finally made contact with the gun pulling it from the holster, bringing it back, and handing it off to you. Success! Glameow is already very close to making contact with Houndour but Ivy thinks he might still have a shot at preventing it. He is feeling a lot of adrenaline at this point and gets a bit sloppy with his vines, he does not manage to stop Glameow in time. He does, however, manage to sweep his vines through the air and into both of the gang members legs, completely knocking them over. At the same time, Glameow makes contact with Houdour who suddenly appears to be flinching unable to fight back. “Da hell!” All eyes are on you now. It would seem one thing Ivy successfully did was momentarily distract Solrock from attacking because of the commotion. However, the gang members are pissed. The one who had the gun reaches for his waist only to find nothing there. “What the-“ He looks up and sees the gun in your hand and looks at Ivy’s vines, quickly putting the pieces together. He then proceeds to reach into his pocket and pulls out a knife. “Alright you little shit-!” He quickly gets up, holds the knife in the air, and launches at Ivy.

At the same time as that, there is a battle still going down. The momentary delay fortunately gave Houndour time to recover from being faked out earlier. Solrock uses Rock Throw, launching a large rock toward Houndour who tries to leap out of the way. It still managed to hit, but it didn’t make complete contact so he is still better than he would have been had he still be flinching. “Houndour!! Quickly use Howl and then use your Ember to take your opponents down!” Thornhammer has surely noticed you, but he is too preoccupied with the battle to have noticed that someone is currently coming at your Pokemon with a knife. The Houndour lets out an intimidating Howl that loudly echos through the tunnels, hurting your ears a bit, but the gang member is too full of rage to be distracted from his goal. Houndour begins to ready itself to use Ember and it is then that you also realize it is so confined in this place, there is good chance that Ember will hit your Bellsprout too. Looks like you’re going to need to think fast.
Well isn't this just fantastic. Sweeney stood, gun in hand, knowing that any decision he made here could likely have pretty distinct repercussions for not only himself, but his Pokemon as well as Thornhammer - and should he overstep the line, maybe even his continued freedom. The situation could hardly get any worse - Ivy was facing down a lunatic brandishing a knife, Thronhammer was preoccupied with the thought that the Pokemon battle was the most pressing concern at hand, and the only item Sweeney had immediately at his disposal was a gun - something that the bartender was distinctly reluctant to fire in such confined quarters. Wincing with the realisation that Ivy would likely have to take the Ember to the best of his ability, Sweeney reaches out for Sophie with his mind, relaying a plan of sorts through the Solosis to his Pokemon. His intentions were simple. For the most part.

Ivy was to launch another Vine Whip at the Solrock, trying to avoid the Ember as best he could. The crazed maniac lunging at the Bellsprout with a knife was the task of Sweeney, Sophie and Joss. Joss was to try and delay the mans movements with a sharp blast of Supersonic while Sophie was to launch a Psywave at the same time. Hopefully this would leave his movements slow enough for Sweeney to step in and try incapacitate him by striking his temple with the butt of the gun. As he said. Simple. Sort of.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:22 PM   #200
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Medmana- You reluctantly accept the gaudy denim surveillance vest and slip it on over your clothes. You quickly leave Officer Derek, intent on getting to the fight location in time to enter. As soon as you exit the station you retrieve a black hoodie from your bag and put it on, both to hide the fashion crime of a vest and the Z-Ring on your wrist, certain that it would draw unwanted attention. The issue would come when you needed to activate the microphone, you would have to fumble around and hope you press the right sequin, which could cost you vital time. You could deal with that when the time came though, now the most important thing was getting to the Bedlam Quarry in time, the sun was already making its way towards the mountains in the west.

You make your way through the city, the sun at your back as you weave through the streets towards the old quarry. Most of the city's population was beginning to make their way inside, knowing better than to remain in the streets after dark. The houses began to thin out as you got closer to the quarry, eventually the streets give way to a trail that winds through the rocky terrain. There was little to no cover, leaving you exposed to peering eyes, you couldn't help but feel like you were being watched. You round a corner and find yourself at the entrance to the mines, only for a hand to come out of nowhere and grab you by the arm. The arm pulls you off the path and behind a large boulder, a hand covers your mouth to stop you from crying out. A young man is responsible for the action, his light blue eyes sparkled with fear.

"I've been following you ever since you left the Marshal Headquarters", you could hear the panic in the man's voice, his tone quivering as he quickly tried to explain his actions. "They sent you to participate in the gang trial fights right? You're not the first person they have sent in. I was the last volunteer they sent in. Bet they didn't tell you what happens if you lose did they? They take your Pokemon, just like they took mine. As soon as you lose they take your Pokemon and throw you out, then they store your Pokemon to auction them off to the highest bidder. It won't be long until the next auction and they still have my Pokemon and likely plenty of others. I know you have to worry about yourself and your own Pokemon but if you could find out where they are keeping the others and see to their release, I would be forever in your debt." The man has tears in his eyes as he pleads for your help, "my name is Jacob, I'm going to sneak into the crowd, if push comes to shove I will help you but I need you to help me." It was starting to get dark, the sun was setting and you were beginning to run out of time. Jacob had provided you with more information and has offered aid, but could you afford to split your attention across two tasks?
The streets of Bedlam Ridge had seemed mostly empty before, but the little life that was out and about sure was quick to quit that existence as the sun sank. Even a few murkrow left the field of vision, which was arguably a worse omen than seeing them in the first place. Perhaps they were afraid of another murder that has yet to wake up or something? Whatever the case may be, Ami saw no sense on dwelling on it. She couldn't afford to lose time to such superficial thoughts right now, not when she needed to get somewhere and come up with a plan in a hurry.

The streets didn't exactly feel as empty as they appeared, though. The whole time she spent watching, the feeling that she was being watched followed and put the hairs on the back of her neck on end. This, without a doubt, was not a feeling she could safely ignore- this city was way too thug-ridden to let your guard drop so low at any given moment, after all. The fact that the feeling stayed even as she came closer to closer to the mines certainly added to her unease, but it did suggest that whoever it was could well be another participant. Doubtful, given how long their gaze has been on her, but possible. "I sure hope my cover hasn't been blown already..." the girl muttered as the mines finally came into view... and quickly back out of view as a hand abruptly seized her arm and pulled her behind a giant rock. "H-hey-" Another hand smothered out the rest of her complaint, leaving only non-discernible mumblings.

The man explained his purpose for doing what he did and what had happened to him before in a panicked state, revealing what happens when someone loses. His story certainly... complicated things. Suddenly there was a lot more risk involved in these battles and there was absolutely no way she'd be able to buy Glimmer back if she lost. But if what this man was saying about the auction was true... then there were quite a few critters being put up for sale that had no business being there and her every victory only added to the stockpile. Was that the part of the procedure the Marshals wanted her to bust open in the first place? Ami doubted it was the main goal (Officer Derek would've mentioned it otherwise, probably), but it was definitely on their radar. Even if it wasn't, she wanted to see that shut down on her own accord.

The girl's mind was already trying to come up with a game plan. Just as Glimmerwood was bound to attract attention for her rarity, Bell was likely to be noticed due to his unusual nature as well. Neither would do well as stealth agents in this situation, but... a mine was technically a cave, and caves are notorious for being filled with wild bat pokemon. She pushed the man's hand away from her face an nodded. I'll see what I can do." She declared, making a deal of moving Nadie's pokeball away from the other two. If she lost with her other two, then still having her first partner still on hand would prove to quite helpful in terms of getting them back and freeing the other prisoners while she was at it.
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.