UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Metro Cerulean

Old 01-13-2017, 06:10 PM   #1
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Stepping Through Shadows

Cassen stood in the Pokemon Center, drinking in the sights. It was a slow day for the place, but to Cassen, it was thriving and moderately busy. She couldn't wait to hit the road again and have some space. Heading to the Jeri Co. dispensary mounted to one of the walls, she claimed whatever she had on her account, and was both pleased and moderately surprised when she received seven candies from the mechanical marvel.

Obtained: Rare Candy x3!
Obtained: Egg Candy x2!
Obtained: Enigmatic Candy x2!

She took a look over the candies and their descriptions. "Three Rare Candies, ups level by one, two Enigmatic Candies, ups level by one and a mood boost? Hmm. and a couple of Egg Candies... Lets the Pokemon learn an Egg Move. Huh, they might come in handy at some point, I'll take them. You ready to get started on this adventure then, Rosalie?" Her Ledyba perked up at the mention of its name, as the bug buzzed over to her with a cry of 'Baaaa!' before looking inquiringly at the candies. "Not for now Rosalie, for later. You never know when we might need these." was the response, causing a more disappointed buzz from the Ledyba, almost like it was going 'Awww....'. As she left the Pokemon Center, she started walking off towards the east, heading out towards the mysteries of Route 9, she noticed her companion was still looking a bit down. "C'mon, cheer up Rosalie! We've got an adventure ahead of us! ...Alright fine, you can have one of the candies. Only one though, you never know when you'll need them.", causing her to dig through her pack and extract a single Egg Candy, which she unwrapped and passed to the merry little insect, who nibbled on it delightedly, as she savoured the flavour and the knowledge which came with it, revealing a rather dark technique to her...

Used one Egg Candy on Rosalie. Rosalie learnt Knock Off!

"Happier now?" enquired Cassen, as her partner polished off the treat, before responding with a happy chirp and a brief demonstration of her new technique. "Oh you got Knock Off did you? Great, that'll be pretty useful for all sorts of situations. Anyway, onwards to Route 9, and whatever mysteries await us there! Oooh, I can't wait!"

[OoC: Red is Scarlet talking, grey is Cassen.]
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #2
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

A Pokemon learning a new attack is always a milestone in the relationship between Pokemon and trainer, even when the attack is learned with the help of a special treat. In fact, the event distracts you so much that you walk right into someone, knocking the small stack of papers he's carrying out of his hands, resulting in them flying everywhere.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" exclaims the stranger as he frantically drops to pick them up, preventing you from getting a good at any feature other than his dark, messy hair. His voice is surprisingly high and slightly wavering. You also manage to see the header on one of the scattered papers before he can recover them all. It reads:

Quote:
POWER PLANT: POKEMON REMOVAL
HELP WANTED
Upon retrieving all the files, the man stands up, revealing large glasses and a smart outfit consisting of brown boots, dark green pants, a light green and white checked shirt, and a slim, grey tie. He starts to say something, then stops, trying to find the right words. Finally, he seems to gather himself and begins to explain, though he does so rapidly and without really pausing, making him a bit difficult to understand.

"Again, I'm really sorry. I'm Ethan, I guess I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going, I've been trying to pay more attention but the truth is I'm really absent minded, always have been. Oh what am I saying, that doesn't matter. Anyway, I was just heading into Cerulean to hang these posters because- Hey, is that a Pokemon? Are you a trainer? You don't think you can help me out with a problem, do you?
Beautiful Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #3
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Cassen wasn't sure what to make of the young man she collided with. Totally not her fault, she was dealing with Rosalie and then he clearly wasn't paying attention. "Don't worry, it wasn't entirely your fault. I should've been looking too, but Rosalie here wanted to show me something." Pleasantries aside, Cassen studied the boy. Bit of a scatterbrain and not paying attention, but equally smart outfit. Smart means he has money. He has a problem, there's going to be payment. She recalled the heading she saw on the note, something about removing Pokemon from a power plant. And he was asking for help with a problem. One plus one equals two. "Sure, I'd love to help! That's sort of what Trainers do nowadays, isn't it? What's the matter? Is it the thing on the flyers about the Power Plant?"

All the while Cassen was recalling the map in the Pokemon Center. The Power Plant was out at the far end of Route 9, which is where she needed to head anyway if she was ever going to reach Lavender Town. Maybe then she could finally put her demons to bed... Until such a time though, her help was needed. She had to remain focused. For herself and for Rosalie.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #4
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

"What? How'd you know about it was about the power- Oh right I dropped the papers everywhere you must've seen one, silly me. Here, the power plant is a bit of a walk from here, why don't we walk and talk?" Ethan gestures down the road, then, seemingly forgetting that he had asked in the first place, began to walk back in the direction he had come, forcing you to follow.

"So basically, like you figured out, we're having an issue involving Pokemon that really shouldn't be there. You see, after the disasters Cerulean City actually ended up growing in size, requiring the Power Plant to produce much more energy to meet higher demands. I work there. Anyway, incase you don't know, the electricity produces a certain magnetic field and, due to the growth in the past few years, the field extends further than it used to. And Nosepass, a species of Rock type Pokemon that usually live in the mountains between the Plant and Lavender Town, can be attracted by the field if they wander too far from their normal territory. And once they show up, they really don't want to leave. So we usually have to hire a trainer to help us deal with the problem. It happens from time to time, so it should be a pretty routine thing, but it isn't often enough that we have our own framework in place for it." At this point the scientist pauses, realizing that he was both walking and talking rather fast. "Oh sorry, I haven't really given you a chance to talk, have I?"
Old 01-14-2017, 04:24 PM   #5
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

"Will this man ever shut up? I didn't need his life story starting at how his parents came to be, I just wanted to know what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. Is it really that much to ask?", Cassen thought to herself as he rambled on about problems at the Power Plant. Basically the production of power was attracting some Nosepass and they were causing problems. She was being brought in to remove the Nosepass. Rock types, she was glad Rosalie had Drain Punch or else they'd be in serious problems.

Suddenly the man stopped, forcing Cassen to halt suddenly to keep pace with the disorganized man. "Oh sorry, I haven't really given you a chance to talk, have I?" he said, clearly thinking she wasn't keeping up with his speech or his walking pace. She was actually doing fine with both, but she didn't want to be rude to someone who was potentially giving her stuff later. Resisting the urge to tell him to cut to the point next time, she merely said "Nah, if I was going to say something I would have done. Job sounds simple enough, you want me to 'persuade' the Nosepass to go back to their proper homes instead of in the Power Plant, right? If that's it, then I'm in. How much further until we get there? No point in dilly-dallying, the sooner we solve this problem the better it is for everyone!"

Damn, she was doing it again. The whole Scarlet/Cassen duality was getting to her. She knew she needed to be herself sometimes, but ever since that incident where she snapped at some random person who had irritated her (She didn't even remember how now), and promptly got kicked out of town for it, she felt the need to wear the personality disguise. And now it was coming back to haunt her. She was starting to become too natural at it, and it was creeping her out. "Come on Cass, you've got to keep it under better control than that.", she muttered to herself as she checked that Rosalie was still doing OK after the speedy walking. At least she could be herself with her partner. It might be some of the only chances she'd get.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:24 PM   #6
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

"How much further until we get there?" replies Ethan, completely unaware of your annoyance. You hid it well, but in all likelihood he wouldn't have picked up on it in the first place. "Well, we shouldn't be too far now. It's not like we're walking all the way from Cerulean, we bumped into each other partway down the route, plus we've been walking for a while now. In fact, the Power Plant is just over this next hill up ahead!"

After exclaiming so, Ethan darts up the hill, oddly excited by the prospect of reaching the Power Plant. He truly is a strange guy. His excitement, however, vanishes as soon as he crests the hill in front of you as it fades to panic. As you catch up and see the power plant, you soon understand why. Dotting the field all around the Power Plant were Nosepass, fifteen to twenty of them in all. None of them were moving, content to simply stand still and enjoy the magnetic fields given off by the large amounts of electricity. Also, oddly enough, all their noses were pointing in the same direction.

"I... I don't understand..." stammers Ethan, for once at a loss for words. "There were only two of them when I left, where did these all come from? This is definitely a problem. That many Nosepass in one place can create a large enough magnetic field of their own to cause a significant disruption to our facilities. This... This is definitely a problem."
Old 01-15-2017, 06:14 AM   #7
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

"This... this is definitely a problem." Well, no shit.

Two Nosepass, she might have been able to deal with. Twenty... She had less chance than a Snover in a volcano. "Ok well, this is a problem." Cassen said. "Obviously it's going to be too risky to just rush in to knock them all out with just the two of us without some insane luck or Nosepass as a species being both completely deaf and oblivious to their surroundings. They're attracted by magnetic fields, right? So, either we need to set up a more attractive one somewhere else, or weaken the Power Plant's field enough so that the Nosepass don't find it as attractive as wherever they came from. Or we drop back to Cerulean and get some more backup for a frontal assault, but it looks like we don't really have time for that if the number went from two to twenty-odd in the time it took you to get to Cerulean and back. Is there a way to weaken the Power Plant's magnetic field without just straight-up turning it off?"

While she monologued, half to herself, she quickly tried to scan a Nosepass with her Pokedex, hoping to find some extra knowledge about these things. The fact they all pointed the same way was interesting, and she hoped the dex held some archaic information as to why. It did not fail to disappoint, as she scrolled through the information to find the answer to her question. "Huh, so they're always pointing north..."
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 01-15-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #8
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

At first, Ethan seems to not hear the question, instead staring dumbfounded at the Nosepass. But he soon recovers, returning to his normal self, the gears finally turning in his head. "I mean yeah, we could shut it down, but that would cause problems over in Cerulean. Namely a power outage. And we don't know how long it'll take to get rid of this many Nosepass, so that's a no go. As for hiring a small army of trainers, I don't really have the authorization to promise rewards to that many people. I was only supposed to come back with one person to take care of a couple of the things. But the thing about setting up another magnetic field to attract them away... That could work. We'll have to go into the Power Plant to get some supplies and then head into Rock Tunnel to do it, but it could work." He stops and thinks for a moment. "Yeah, I like this. Anyway, I'm heading into the Plant. You can feel free to come with, or just hang out here and check out the Nosepass. They're pretty docile, so they probably won't attack you. Probably."

And with that, he rushes off down the hill, making a beeline for the front gates of the facility. You watch as he passes by the Nosepass unharmed. In fact, the Compass Pokemon don't even seem to register Ethan's presence, content to sit around and enjoy life for the time being. As he said, it seemed unlikely that the Nosepass would cause any physical harm. If it weren't for their interference with the electricity production, there likely wouldn't be an issue.

For a moment, you feel an odd presence, as if you're being watched, and you think you hear a crackle of electricity. After a moment, however, the sensation passes, leaving no indication that it had ever existed in the first place.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:51 PM   #9
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Someone was watching her. Someone or something. She could feel it. It wasn't a new sensation, she'd lived wild enough to know that on the roads, something would be watching you at all times, trying to ascertain if you were a threat to them or not. But this one... This felt different. She was instantly cautious of this unseen threat, for the unseen threats were always the more dangerous ones: You never knew what you were dealing with. "You feel that too Rosalie?" Cassen said to her faithful companion, who was clearly agitated by something, responded with an afraid chirping noise. Whether it was the Nosepass or the mysterious observer was scaring her, Cassen had no way of knowing. Likely both, Pokemon were sensitive critters. "Anyway, come on. We need to go with Ethan. Weedy little wretch like him, he'll probably need a hand carrying the gear. Are you going to be alright going through here, or do you want to be in your Pokeball? We just saw Ethan go through and they couldn't have given less of a shit, we should be fine." At a vigorous chirping from her partner, Cassen recalled the Ledyba and walked off confidently through the field of Nosepass towards the gates of the facility. She couldn't afford to show weakness, that's when things started attacking, but she couldn't afford to be perceived as a threat either. Just looking tough enough so that they think she's not an easy fight, but not so tough they're feeling threatened. And onwards she strode into the field of Nosepass.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:17 PM   #10
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Shrugging off the odd feeling from before, you put on a brave face and step into the field of Nosepass. Though at first cautious of potential attack, it becomes more and more obvious with each passing step that the wild Pokemon pose no threat to you. They simply stand, stoic in nature, essentially statues of unknown meaning. The only indication of life from the Nosepass is the way they follow you with their eyes as you pass.

Before long, you make it through the field unharmed and arrive at the door of the Power Plant, which slides open before you. Inside is a small lobby added in the renovations. There are a few couches in the room, but they're all empty. Though the Plant used to be a popular spot for trainers due to the rumors of it being the roosting place of a legendary Pokemon, it had fallen in popularity as a destination now that it was back up and running. Additionally, any trainers that would be stopping at the Power Plant for a quick break were instead stopping at the new and improved Route 9 Pokemon Center, allowing the Power Plant to conduct its business largely without interruption. The lack of a receptionist only further implies this lack of regular foot traffic.

Waiting for you is a serious looking man of average height, appearing to be in his forties. He had neatly combed brown hair and a thick mustache of matching color. His eyes, a dull hazel, gave the impression that he had instantly judged every aspect of you the moment you walked in. He was wearing a red plaid flannel work shirt tucked into denim jeans, and brown leather boots on his feet. Attached to one of his shirt pockets is an official looking name tag that reads "TED DWYER - PLANT ADMIN."

"So I take it you're the trainer Ethan hired to clean out these Nosepass. Is that a Ledyba? What was that boy thinking, hiring a trainer with a Ledyba to do this? Ugh, never mind that. You're here now. As you can see, the situation has clearly exploded beyond our control. Ethan ran in shouting something about attracting them away with another magnetic field set up in their natural habitat of Rock Tunnel, that should do the trick. Ethan's running around grabbing stuff for that. Really, that kid. So you'll accompany him to do that, right? He's smart, but I don't trust him not to get lost."

Last edited by Beautiful Savage; 01-18-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:32 AM   #11
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

"Yeah, I'll stick with him, Mr. Dwyer. He does sort of come across as being a bit... inexperienced in the field." The words flowed so easily from her mouth, with no taste of disdain for either this dickhead manager or for Ethan, the scatterbrained cuntwaffle. She really needed to keep Scarlet under control. From what she'd seen of Ethan, she figured the fact he was thinking anything was a miracle. He'd literally just grabbed the first trainer he'd found and ran back. Fucking stupid, pebblebrained, jizz-sucking shitstack. She was tempted to just leave him in Rock Tunnel, but then she'd get no pay, and she needed that pay.

All this confusion with Scarlet was wearing her down. She didn't have time for the happy, free-spirited persona. That's why she made Cassen after all. ...No, she WAS Cassen, this Scarlet was the creation... But she knew the truth herself, no matter how she tried to deny it. It's why she was heading to Lavender after all. She needed answers to settle her mind, and they were there. Or at the very least she hoped that going there would lead her to answers soon enough.

Returning to the topic at hand, she observed the manager closely. He was not someone to fuck with, that's for sure. Chances are he was the one supplying her pay at the end. "So uh... Where's Ethan? I might as well go and see if he needs a hand carrying the gear. The sooner we get this situation sorted out, the better it is for everyone involved."

(OoC: What's going on is that Cassen was actually originally Scarlet, pre-Disasters, but adopted the Cassen mindset/identity when she started surviving alone because it was more functional, and stuck with it for so long she actually started believing that she was Cassen. When it came to reintegrating with society, she 'created'/reverted to Scarlet to be a temporary thing because she felt it was more likeable, but in reality a part of her just wants to be her old self again permanently, but she's been keeping the Cassen facade for so long that it's extremely hard for her to just stop being Cassen and the whole thing's causing her some mental issues. Hopefully that makes sense and isn’t too convoluted.)
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:51 AM   #12
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

The administrator responds to your careful observance with a judging glare of his own, taking a moment to consider the person he was talking to before responding.

"Yes, that might be best," he says coldly. Suddenly remembering something, he then adds, "Oh, since you're heading through Rock Tunnel, I hear the Lavender Town gym leader is looking for people to help map the place. If you help her out with that, she might be more willing to give you a gym challenge. Anyway, good luck with Ethan."

After this dismissal, Ted walks out, likely to some office somewhere in the building, clearly no longer interested in your affairs. You don't have time to worry about that, though, as you suddenly hear a shout that sounds distinctly like Ethan from down the hall. You leave the lobby to investigate, soon finding Ethan in the next room over.

The room was full of mechanical odds and ends, a few arranged on a table next to a green pack. Ethan stood nearby, shaking his hand with a pained expression on his face. On the floor next to him is one of the small mechanical items, smoking a little bit. Without warning, you feel a strange shiver down your spine, but it then leaves as quickly as it came.

"Owwwww..." moans Ethan. "That thing just shocked me with no warning! Really hard, too! I have no idea what just happened... Ugh. Anyway, I have everything together to assemble something to emit a magnetic field in the tunnel. I just need to throw it in my pack, then we can get going."
Old 01-29-2017, 06:38 PM   #13
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

'Oh for fuck's sake Ethan you useless, shitbrained douchenozzle', was Cassen's first thought,. He'd probably forgotten to turn the bastard device off before handling it. It didn't take an engineer to figure that out. But there was that feeling again, as if something was watching them, just like on the hill... Had something followed them? And if so, why? What could it gain from following them? What the hell even was it? Some rare kind of Pokemon? Or something else entirely? Nothing was as it seemed, and Cassen was wary. Especially when she didn't know what she was up against. The fact she hadn't actually seen anything and the shivers down her spine would indicate some form of Ghost-type. If it was that, she was glad Rosalie had Knock Off, otherwise it would have been a hell of a rough fight. Last time she ended up dealing with a Ghost, she ended up running until sunrise. Inside the tunnel? No running there. But the device electrocuting Ethan... If there was a Ghost-type watching her, what if that wasn't all it had done? Could Ghosts possess inanimate objects? Or was this some other entity interfering? Or, as she initially suspected, was Ethan just a fucking moron?

Concealing her emotions (again), Cassen checked over the equipment. Wayyyy beyond what she knew about electronics. "In that case then, what the bloody hell are we waiting for, the legendary Pokemon to descend from their lofty perch up on high and repair the world? Let's get this stuff packed and get a bloody move on before those Nosepass start doing some serious damage to this place! Just to be on the safe side though, she quickly got out her Pokedex and scanned the room, just to check that if there was something watching them, then she'd know what she was dealing with.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:05 PM   #14
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

You pull out your Pokedex, attempting to get to the bottom of the mysterious momentary presence while Ethan stuffs all his mechanical odds and ends into his pack. However, instead of the familiar computer generated voice of the famous Pokemon dictionary, you are met with silence as it fails to pick up the presence of any Pokemon. Though the idea was surely good, it seems this is a dead end. Giving up, you put your Pokedex away as Ethan finally gets his bag packed, ready to go.

"All right, I have all the stuff I need!" exclaims Ethan, shouldering his pack with enthusiasm. "Let's get a move on, no time to waste!"

With that, the unlikely duo treks back through the empty lobby, Admin Dwyer nowhere to be seen. Back out the gate and into the sunny day, a gentle breeze blowing through an eerily quiet environment given the presence of nearly two dozen Pokemon, still standing stoically facing the bay to the north. Soon, your path diverges from that of earlier, swinging south toward Rock Tunnel instead of heading back west toward Cerulean City, and not long after that, the Route Nine Pokemon Center appears in the distance.

This Pokemon Center was an impressive one. Formerly little more than a cabin in the woods, the Center was now a sleek, modern waypoint on the journey from Lavender and Cerulean. The company that owned the Power Plant had also taken over and renovated this Center, wishing to have a reliable source of aid nearby in the event of an emergency. It is here that Ethan stops, wishing to take a quick break.

"I'm not going to lie, this pack is a bit heavier than I expected. Do you mind if we take a quick break here? You can take care of any business you might have, this has all the functions of any other Pokemon Center."
Old 02-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #15
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

"Sure, we can take a quick break. Better here than inside the cave. Let's not be too long though, I imagine that boss of yours wants this shit dealt with quickly." The line flowed easily, but with undertones of 'We are stopping for you and only you'. Was that Cassen talking, or Scarlet? Maybe it was both of them. This shit was confusing, and the sooner she reached a resolution, the better. Hell, that was why she was going on this journey. Taking a moment to sit down and relax, she let Rosalie out of her ball to look around for a bit, the Bug chirping in delight as it flitted around the center. Cassen smiled in spite of herself at her partner's antics. She needed a breather now, she figured, because it'd be the last one she got this side of Lavender. The gods only knew what lay in store for her, and if that prankster ghost from earlier was still following her, they could be in for one hell of a ride... Turning to Ethan, she got his attention with a quick cough and a sharp "Tell us when you're ready Ethan, and we'll get a move on", with an almost accusing undertone as she tried to convey the point of 'Hurry up, we're waiting for you'.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:48 PM   #16
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Rosalie flits around the center, enjoying a brief respite from the confines of her Pokeball while you enjoy your own brief respite from Ethan, who was examining a green machine across the room. Out of sight out of mind, as they say. Still, not all is calm and good in the Pokemon Center. Sitting nearby was a pair of trainers who looked like they had just come out of Rock Tunnel having completed the opposite journey you intend to make. As the room is relatively quiet, you are able to make out part of their conversation.

"...I can't get that weird sound out of my head."

"You mean the one that sounded like crying?"

"Yeah, the way it echoed everywhere was creepy."

"It's a shame it was too dark to find the source."

"Honestly, I'm glad we didn't. The sound alone is enough to give me nightmares.

At this, the two trainers retreat further into the Center, likely to a room in which they would be spending the night. Soon after, Ethan approaches, apparently having finished retrieving his goods from the Jeri Co. machine. He puts down his pack and, after rustling about for a minute, pulls out two flashlights, one of which he holds on to and the other of which he hands to you.

"Rock Tunnel is pretty dark, you'll probably need this. Thanks for stopping, ready to go?"
Old 02-21-2017, 06:14 PM   #17
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Well shit. Haunted cave. And she had to babysit Ethan through it. This was going to be fucking perfect. If shit got serious she was half tempted to leave Ethan to his fate and leg it. And as he walked over, she was considering telling him, seeing if she'd get some sort of comedic response from him. ...Nah, leave it until we were in there. Maybe she could scare him shitless herself. Now that'd be a right laugh.

Ethan walked over and passed her a flashlight, thanking her for taking a break and asking her if she was ready. 'Ready an hour ago', Cassen responded, full well knowing it probably hadn't even been a quarter of that. Still, she took the flashlight, checked it worked, and set off with Ethan for the entrance to this mysterious Rock Tunnel, recalling Rosalie as she went. Rock Tunnel sounded like a lot of Rock mons lived there, and she did not want Rosalie's presence to make the local wildlife to think they were easy pickings. She hoped she could keep the flashlight though. You never knew when it'd come in handy.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:56 PM   #18
Connor
Who Knows?

Ethan seems a little taken aback at the remark levied his way as he returns to Cassen, but his face simply scrunches up as he purses his lips, deciding that it was not the time to be retorting with any sharp words. Having handed Cassen the flashlight, a pretty weighty size all things considered, he leads the way towards Rock Tunnel's entrance. The place was well known throughout the region as being one of the more tedious cave systems to traverse, and it is immediately evident as to why that would be the case. An all consuming darkness engulfed the party even within a few feet of walking within the entrance, the only resemblance of light the sparse dregs coming from the opening in the rock face behind them. Grunting, Ethan flicks the switch on his flashlight, the intense bulb immediately flaring to life. Cassen follows suit shortly after, and between them they manage to create a few good feet of illumination directly in front of them. Ethan clicks his tongue, realising that this may not entirely suffice.

"I wish I could say we could go back and get stronger flashlights, but I think this is about as good as it's going to get. We'll make do, I suppose. I'll lead the way, I have an idea of where the Nosepass colony would normally reside. Not a perfect knowledge but ... good enough."

With that, Ethan began to make his way through the caverns, but after a few footsteps he comes to an abrupt halt.

"Oh and ... if ... if we hear the wailing, we bail, right? I don't want to go messing around with anything I don't understand, you see. Not my cup of tea. Not at all."
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:21 PM   #19
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Fucking cowardly shitewipe. Did he really think that she'd just let him bail on her when things got a bit weird? Fuck him and fuck his dumb face all the way to the far end of Johto and back. "Ethan, we're getting the job done. I don't care if I have to drag you through there kicking and screaming, we need to do this. You're the one who said this could be catastrophic to the power plant, and now you're thinking about bailing? People are relying on us and you're letting them down. So I suggest you grow a pair and get on with this shit so that we can all get on with our lives."

Cassen felt a bit bad for him now after the verbal tirade, but this shit was too important for him to bail on her now. She needed to get this done, so she could get on with her adventure. She needed a way through, both her life and this motherfucking cave. "Look, people are relying on us for this. Do you want your boss pissed at you? If you back out of this you can probably kiss your job goodbye." All the while she kept walking forwards, one hand firmly on Rosalie's Pokeball just in case a situation arose.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #20
Connor
Who Knows?

The blood drains from Ethan's face as Cassen unleashes her verbal abuse at him, but the longer the young girl goes on the better Ethan seems to take it. His trembling stops and his eyes slowly gain a steely determination. Finally letting out a long sigh, he shakes his head before placing his flashlight down and slapping his palms against his cheeks. Despite a slight watering at the edges of his eyes, the scientist picks his flashlight back up and nods in agreement with Cassen, acknowledging that this was one job which had to be accomplished.

"Y-yeah. Let's get going. Come on, the Nosepass site is this way."

Quickly taking the lead from Cassen, shouldering his backpack into a more comfortable position for his quickened pace, Ethan leads the way through the winding tunnel complex, making quick time given his previous grievances. Now and then the duo caught a flash of sound which set a visible fear through Ethan's figure, but each time he would grit his teeth audibly and push on somewhat admirably. Finally, they come to a rather narrow tunnel, and Ethan stops, holding his hand up to indicate Cassen do the same.

"Alright, just beyond here is the Nosepass colony. I want to check something though ..."

Shining his flashlight into the narrow tunnel entrance, Ethan grimaces. Waving Cassen closer, he shines his beam of light along the length of the cave entrance. The sight was not a particularly pretty one. Hanging upside down, clearly in a deep slumber, was a colony of Zubat. A very large colony of Zubat. Walking through without getting swarmed - and given the numbers most likely injured - would be near impossible. Scratching his head as he racks his brain, Ethan looks towards Cassen.

"Got any ideas on how to clear them out? As long as we stand to the side of the entrance, it doesn't matter if they flock out. I just don't want to be in there when they do it so I'd rather trigger it from out here."
Old 04-23-2017, 03:03 PM   #21
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Fucking Zubats, man.

Cassen was surprised at how quickly Ethan had grown a pair. Maybe all he needed was a bit of a bollocking to dredge his spine up from whatever bottomless lagoon it was previously dwelling in. But now... A Zubat swarm holed up exactly where they needed to be going. Zubat... Eyeless bats that supposedly sucked on the blood of their prey until they fell down dead. But with no eyes, they had to use some other way of finding their prey. Quickly muting her PokeDex, she scans one, finding that Zubat are indeed blind and use echolocation to perceive their surroundings. "Echolocation huh... OK Rosalie, time to shine." She releases the Bug from its Pokeball, quickly urging it to be silent, before gesturing at the horde. "We need to scramble them, get them moving and hopefully away from us. When I say 'go', give them a blast of Supersonic, that should do the trick, then get down with me and stay down, hopefully they'll panic and fly off." Having issued the order to Rosalie, she turns to Ethan. "Right, when Rosalie's done her thing, we need to get the fuck down and stay down. Last thing we need is them swarming us." Without waiting for Ethan's reply, she gets down and tucks up, before whispering "Go!" to her faithful flying companion.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:44 AM   #22
Connor
Who Knows?

Rosalie looks a little uncertain at Cassen's plan to begin with, the Ledyba hanging in the air having dulled the beating of her wings as much as she can. However, the Ledyba had trust in her trainer, and was soon sure of the plans success herself. Turning her body to face the cave, she takes a deep breath, steadying herself against the inevitable rush of activity which was about to unfold. Then, with some gradual thrumming, the beating of her wings reaches an almost painful crescendo. The reverberating whine would have been loud enough to begin with, but the placement of the group within the cave system left them at the mercy of an incredible echo - which only intensified within the tunnel that the Zubat had called their home. The sheer noise jerks all of the bats awake, and Rosalie desperately dives towards her trainer, bowling Cassen over somewhat through her sheer speed as they both huddle for cover. Ethan moans a little but quickly cuts himself off, determined not to resemble the weak link anymore.

Then it came.

The rush was biblical in magnitude. Multitudes of Zubat - maybe even reaching the hundreds - spilled from the cave tunnel all at once, the frantic thrusting of their wings creating a near deafening flurry of sound. However, as quickly as it began, it ceased. The Zubat had evacuated, and after shining his light through the tunnel for a moment in tense apprehension, Ethan sighs and gives the all clear, a shaky smile and a thumbs up indicating that the plan had worked pretty successfully. Rosalie hangs in the air, cheery and pleased that she had managed to contribute. As she does, a pale blue glow envelops her body, and Ethan seems surprised, but this shock is quickly replaced with a grin.

"Looks like she's grown stronger. Which is a good thing, since we might ne-"

His words are cut off by a strangely endearing cackle, which would have been cute ... had it not came from every direction, the surround sound effect of the voice carrying an ominous tone. The blood drained from Ethan's face as he frantically looks to Cassen for guidance or reassurance, while Rosalie assumes a defensive stance just in front of her trainer.

Rosalie has grown to level 6!
Old 06-29-2017, 05:34 PM   #23
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

In hindsight, everything is a stupid idea. Cassen had plenty of time to mull on that as the Zubat swarm evacuated their roost, the bats taking their sweet-arse time to clear off and out of the way. Ethan was ducked out of the way on the other side unfortunately, while her large ladybird was burrowing its head into her side rather painfully. Eventually the bats fucked all the way off to somewhere else in the cave, and the two humans moved into the tunnel. Rosalie followed, glowing slightly as she got stronger.

Rosalie reached Level 6!

The scrawny wretch she was escorting began his celebrations, but was cut short by a laugh, childlike and innocent yet reverberating throughout the cave, seemingly coming from all sides as an audial assault, almost as bad as the screeches of the Zubats. Rosalie and Ethan were alarmed, looking around to identify a source for the laughter, while Cassen, although startled, had to hide her smiles. "Right, Ethan. Get on with setting this bastard equipment up, me and Rosalie'll cover your arse if anything happens. Right, Rosalie?" Without waiting for the usual affirmative chirp from her Bug typed friend, Rosalie turned and began surveying the cave for this potentially supernatural threat, as a wry smile grew across her face. Now things were getting interesting...
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Metro Cerulean