UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #151
Patches
Hello!~
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 380
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Kawaii - Wasting no time, you head out into the field where the targets are located. The Ducklett is getting herself fired up, she knows she needs to prove herself. She is tired of everyone always looking down on her because she has always been the runt. She looks at you and waits for you to give her instructions on how to save the people in this test. You point to the nearest target, figuring that would be the easiest place to start, then you give her your command. She turns toward the target and fluffs up her feathers in determination. She takes a deep breath and gets ready to release what she hopes is a powerful Water Gun at the target. This is her moment, she puts everything she has into powering up this attack because it’s finally time to show everyone that she can do it. She manages to release a powerful stream of water from her mouth, the problem is that it’s so powerful her little body can’t control it. The Water Gun begins to hit everything except for the targets, even you are now dripping wet. She is still spraying water and eventually her neck gets tired and she begins to aim at the ground which ultimately causes her to shoot up into the air! Finally she seems to be out of energy and the attack ends, she begins to fall back toward the earth and you catch her fragile body gently in your arms.

“Jeremy!! Jeremy where are you!!!” Before you get the chance to help the Ducklett you hear frantic shouting nearby. You turn your head toward the source only to see Samantha running through the camp in a panic. She spots you and because she remembers you she runs right up to you. “Kawaii, please tell me, do you know where Jeremy is? There isn’t time. The Shells… They took Mathilda!” She drops to her knees sobbing and shaking. “Please… They have my baby!!!” Samantha is in hysterics. She can’t seem to pull it together at all and it sounds like Mathilda is in very serious need of help. It’s then that you begin to notice smoke in the distance, back in the town where you had been before. “Oh no, it looks like there is another fire.” A nearby volunteer says. Samantha looks up and sees the smoke for herself. “NO!! Mathilda is over there!!” And she takes off running toward the smoke, clearly not in the right mindset to act with reason. You are left standing there alone, still completely soaked and holding the little Ducklett. Jeremy has to be around this training camp somewhere, do you take the time to find him to tell him about Mathilda? Or do you head toward the smoke on your own because there might not be much time left?
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:06 AM   #152
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Kawaii - Wasting no time, you head out into the field where the targets are located. The Ducklett is getting herself fired up, she knows she needs to prove herself. She is tired of everyone always looking down on her because she has always been the runt. She looks at you and waits for you to give her instructions on how to save the people in this test. You point to the nearest target, figuring that would be the easiest place to start, then you give her your command. She turns toward the target and fluffs up her feathers in determination. She takes a deep breath and gets ready to release what she hopes is a powerful Water Gun at the target. This is her moment, she puts everything she has into powering up this attack because it’s finally time to show everyone that she can do it. She manages to release a powerful stream of water from her mouth, the problem is that it’s so powerful her little body can’t control it. The Water Gun begins to hit everything except for the targets, even you are now dripping wet. She is still spraying water and eventually her neck gets tired and she begins to aim at the ground which ultimately causes her to shoot up into the air! Finally she seems to be out of energy and the attack ends, she begins to fall back toward the earth and you catch her fragile body gently in your arms.

“Jeremy!! Jeremy where are you!!!” Before you get the chance to help the Ducklett you hear frantic shouting nearby. You turn your head toward the source only to see Samantha running through the camp in a panic. She spots you and because she remembers you she runs right up to you. “Kawaii, please tell me, do you know where Jeremy is? There isn’t time. The Shells… They took Mathilda!” She drops to her knees sobbing and shaking. “Please… They have my baby!!!” Samantha is in hysterics. She can’t seem to pull it together at all and it sounds like Mathilda is in very serious need of help. It’s then that you begin to notice smoke in the distance, back in the town where you had been before. “Oh no, it looks like there is another fire.” A nearby volunteer says. Samantha looks up and sees the smoke for herself. “NO!! Mathilda is over there!!” And she takes off running toward the smoke, clearly not in the right mindset to act with reason. You are left standing there alone, still completely soaked and holding the little Ducklett. Jeremy has to be around this training camp somewhere, do you take the time to find him to tell him about Mathilda? Or do you head toward the smoke on your own because there might not be much time left?


Kawaii was torn in five million different directions. She shook her head to clear it and came up with an idea. She cleared her throat and spoke to her pokemon "Cerno, you find Jeremy, Frieghya; go get Becky and Paleon. I'll meet you guys down at that fire. Kawaii raced toward the fire. Her heart in her throat, she had grown quite fond of that little girl in the short time they had spent togeather. She still had the little Ducklett in her arms and murmured to it while they ran. "Don't worry about what happened back there. You did your best and that's what counts."
The water-type nodded still slightly embarassed. She was actually going to save lives this time and that scared her. Her confidance from before was wiped. She had to trust that her new trainer would direct her in what to do. The Pinkettes words of encouragement gave little solace to the still wet Duck.
Meanwhile, Cerno was frantically searching the area. He was small and thusly could fit in tight places. This talent was of little use,however since he was looking for a grown man.
While this all was going on Frieghya burst into the building where Becky and Paleon were. Quick, there's another fire. Kawaii's headed there now. I'll carry you guys! the Espeon then picked up the two water-types with her psychic powers and raced back in the same direction that her trainer was heading. She hoped that the little girl was safe or at least Kawaii and her water-types would be able to rescue her. Frighya, much like her trainer, had come to like that small child.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.

Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 06-15-2017 at 01:25 AM.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #153
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Shanty Heights (Neutral): As with any city, upper and lower class are divided, and to the unfortunates of the Shiny Heights sector to the south, the Shells and Ribs have made the location their battleground. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, the people of the christened Shanty Heights struggle through life, trapped on all sides with their lives and livelihoods at stake, whether it be from the ruthless Shells or the rascally Ribs. What they do possess is companionship, and a yearning to flee the city as refugees, and will be willing to give whatever it takes to ensure their freedom from the bedlam. The pokemon who call Shanty Heights home are those who possess what the people do not: Freedom of movement and little worry for the battles around them. Reply in Violet.
Gary craned his neck as he wandered through the neighborhood known as Shanty Heights of Goldenridge City. It was a desolate area that was ravaged by civil unrest and gang warfare. He gazed up and down the street, taking in the dilapidated buildings. Gary was no philanthropist and he was no social activist, but upon returning to the region of Fizzytopia and learning of this ravaged city, he felt compelled to check things out and see for himself. He was unsure of where to start in this vast city, but the Shanty Heights seemed like a good place to start.

On the other hand, despite all of the years of travels he had spent in Fizzytopia, Gary had spent a very seldom amount of that time in an urbanized area. The vast majority of Gary’s travels had been in some forest, lake, river, island, or whatnot, so the idea of exploring this area greatly appealed to the adventurer in Gary. And while Gary selected one of the safer areas of Goldenridge City to explore, he was well aware of the constant fighting between the two rivaling gangs that he had heard about. Keeping that in mind, he was ready to call upon his trusted Pokemon if the situation ever called for them.

Turning his attention back to the street around him, Gary looked to see if he could find a good starting point for his journey. Maybe some kind of park or something where perhaps he could see what kind of local wildlife could be found here.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR: -
II:
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:48 PM   #154
134
Believe that.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
The Ribcage Mall.

134
: The fight had more of an effect on you than it did on your Vaporeon as you keep back the flow of tears, visibly struggling as your conscience cried out at the thought of your future holding nothing but hardship and battle. Questioning the state Loki was in, you opt to take things mercifully, and give the orders to Kakahai, the weary Eeveelution tiring but on top of the Zorua in terms of stamina and health, and as you convey the intent to force submission, the Vaporeon complies.

Rushing at the still dazed fox, the larger pokemon tackles into the flank, knocking him against the post once more and pinning against him as Ross desperately yells at his pokemon to fight back, the furious swiping of small claws against your starter doing little to push her back, and after a brief moment the clawing weakens and ultimately stops as the Zorua can do little else than hold onto her with an exhausted cling.

"Okay, okay! I know when we're beat!" Ross calls out, as Kakahai pulls back and gently lets her foe slide to the ground, defeated. The feeling of triumph fills your pokemon with energy as she bounds over to you and almost knocks you out your sandals with a cheerful bark and leap up at you. Kakahai gained 1 level! As this happens, the Rib scoops his pokemon into his arms before turning towards you as the crowd watching murmurs before breaking into a cacophony of applause. You might not have felt it was worthwhile, but the crowd certainly seems to approve.

"Grudgeful though I be, ya won fair and square, kid. Like we said, ye're welcome to wait out th' storm here, and we'll see about yer little bird up there too," he chimes respectfully, having been humbled by your tactics. Remembering the Pidove, your eyes are once more drawn to the avian which looks down at you, tilting their head with a coo, before spreading wings and giving a few flaps, as though challenging you to come for it, before taking flight further up towards the higher floors of the mall. As this happens, you feel someone press something into your hands.

Checking, you find the notes fluttered towards you for your little strip, and a quick count reveals $150 in cash, plus an interesting object you recognise as a silk scarf, presumably to keep you warm. With the crowd dispersing, a couple of Ribs offer to dry your soaked clothes with a heater nearby, while Ross points out a stairwell you can use if you wish to pursue the Pidove, while Kakahai rubs against your leg, pleased with her first proper battle going positively. The cooes of the Pidove above you, will you follow?
Tate grunted as Kai slammed into her trainer with gusto. For one laugh brief moment the Johto native was consumed with guilt over the fight, but the Vaporeon's joy was both palpable and contageous, and Tate was soon struck with giggles as the pair embraced on the mall floor. Then Kai wriggled free to stretch her sore muscles, and shortely thereafter Tate was surrounded by people. Money changed hands. A scarf found its way onto Tate's shoulders. Some hoodlums were offering to dry the trainer's clothes. The bird keeper was momentarily overwhelmed, especially with Kai rubbing herself against bruised shins and Ross talking. What was he saying? Something about helping out? Dazed, Tate stuffed the money into one of the pockets of the brightly colored cargo shorts which now defined the would-be Alolan's fashion, and knealt down, ruffling the fins on Kai's head.

"You did great," the trainer praised, sincerely, dragging the previously abandoned backpack to a slightly more convenient position, to fish out some Luxury Balls. The frst one had Kai's name engraved in it. Kai pouted slightly, but Tate just shook a still-dripping head. "Come on, you took a beating. Get some rest, yeah?"

There was a heavy air of resignation as the Vaporeon was recalled into her ball, and the ball was returned to Tate's backpack. Kai didn't spend much time confined, so it was weird for both trainer and Pokémon, but she'd rest easier within the safety of the capsule. Kai stowed, Tate then expanded two balls, one in each hand; one was a standard Poké Ball while the other was another Luxury Ball, this one having "IKAIKA" engraved in block letting along the seam. From the Poké Ball emerged a Kangaskan, still very young; the joey looked around curiously and then immediately began to play in the rubble left behind from the battle, shoving over small chunks of debris. From the Luxury Ball, meanwhile, materialized a Starly in a grand shower of stars and glitter; she flapped her wings a few times to stay aloft, before perching on Tate's shoulder. With a stern expression on her face, the fanfare of her release didn't seem to suit her.

"Come on," Tate resolved, slinging the backpack over one shoulder, and pocketed both balls, having been re-collapsed. Bending down, the Johto native picked up the feisty young Kangaskan and held her in the crook of one elbow. Pulling the newly gifted scarf from wet shoulders, Tate tied it around the toddler's neck, hoping the bright white fabric would help her stand out in case they became separated. Turning to the stairs which Ross had motioned to, the bird keeper exhaled, and marched towards them.

That bird was starting to become a pain in the ass.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Incognito Isle

Active Team @ Abominable Snowdown


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #155
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,377
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: Chex was less than amused by being pulled towards the Nosepass, but you were one to capitalise on this, giving the command to strike using the pull for momentum. Claw dragged back, the Scizor utilised his own metallic hide as a weapon, slamming the appendage into the rock body of the Nosepass, utilising the relatively weak attack to tap into his natural technician roots, striking with greater force. The Nosepass grunted as its rocky armour was smashed into gravel, though you do note that no defence drop occurs due to the external stone absorbing much of the impact.

With the threat apparent, the rock type begins to crackle with electricity before launching itself at Chex in a body slam, sparks flying as the proximity between the pair enables the attack to hit true, shoving the mantis back a couple of feet, while you're relieved to see no lasting effects. With the fight starting, Chex takes a metallic sheen as his claw strengthens before giving a swing towards the compass pokemon, while the rock type stands their ground, hardening their body to try and reduce the impact. The super effective hit lands, before Chex punches with his other claw with the force of a bullet, knocking the Nosepass over as Neemee squeaks, rooting for the Scizor.

Climbing back to its feet, the Nosepass seems to glower at the steel type, as noticeable scuffs and chips on the body notify you of considerable damage, as the bug watches carefully. Charging electricity once more, the Nosepass claps its arms against its head and fires a wave of thunderous energy at Chex, shocking him as his metal body attracts the lightning before paralyzing him, the Scizor dropping to a knee from the move while the rock type begins to channel some sort of illuminant energy before it, Chex faring better in health terms by a fair margin.
The first few attacks Chex uses were all able to make great use of his Technician ability, and the power boost as well as the type advantage in each attack was what helped him to gain an early lead over the annoying Nosepass. First, being able to use magnetism amplified his first attack, and opposites attracted the blunt force from his claw straight into the Rock-type's face, though unfortunately its Defense wasn't Smashed from the attack, that stat drop would have been helpful in making this a quicker fight. Then Nosepass started to fight back, gathering electricity before slamming itself into Chex, the impact emitting all kinds of Sparks against the Scizor's metallic body.

Then both of Chex's Claws began to glow with a silver aura before one of them struck the Nosepass with a Metallic energy for more bonus damage, though again failing to tip the stats in his favor. However, before Nosepass could even react, the other claw clashed against the stony body, the Punch faster than a speeding Bullet. Already, the Nosepass was looking pretty rough, and Michael could see visible chunks had been knocked off of the stone construct already before it raised its arms up to its head, charging up what looked to be an Electric-type attack. As it fired, Chex was unfortunately unable to dodge, and while no damage was dealt the inner insect workings of the Scizor began to lock up, forcing him to take a knee from the Paralysis of the Thunder Wave. It was at that moment that Michael realized there was a very big problem: because he wasn't Hyrem, he didn't have access to his inventory, most importantly a cure for status conditions! Even worse, the Nosepass was charging up another attack, and if Chex couldn't dodge that one...

"Well, crap," he cursed to himself. "Sorry Chex, you'll have to suffer through that for now! Try and shake off some of the paralysis with Agility, maybe you can use the extra speed to catch Nosepass off guard. Then try a Bug Bite, maybe you'll get lucky and Nosepass is holding a Berry that helps you out! Go for another Metal Claw after that, we need to keep up the pressure if we're going to win this fight!" Michael then looked to Neemee, who was busy cheering for the Scizor, not knowing what kind of ghost they even were, much less what kind of abilities they had. "Say Neemee, what exactly can you do? You're a ghost, right, is there anything you can do to help, maybe stop Chex from being paralyzed?"
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:49 PM   #156
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'
 
Kyuu-Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Scenic Ward #801, down Juné Lane.
Posts: 268
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove (Neutral): The upper-class section of the city has escaped most of the havoc that has plagued the others, due to its relative proximity to the Marshal's headquarters to the north-east. However, the southern end has seen some raids by the Shells, and the nobles have been troubled by their increased activity, and would be willing to allow those they deem worthy to help put an end to the rabble. The grove's natural plantlife and suburban gardens seem to attract forest pokemon more often than other sections.
To be honest, Seiko hadn't expected much after sizing up Goldenridge's ramshackle state of affairs. There was little, if anything, the husks of buildings could yield to an adventurer like herself. The posh neighborhoods had even less to offer--even if they did, that would drag her into doing others' dirty work. The young woman would do everything and anything in her power to avoid getting herself and her companions swept up in local turf wars: the sort of thing had "bad news" written all over it. Seiko hated that.

Beside her drifted her Bronzor, Seiza, who she deigned accompany her as she trekked south, distancing herself further from the city blocks lined with mansions of the elite. Of all her Pokemon, she thought it best to keep company of the Psychic type because he could sense any number of preternatural things that she was dumb to--as well as the presence of unfriendly entities or malicious intent. She could never be too careful.

Upon reaching a clearing, Seiko gave Seiza the signal to stop and surveyed her surroundings. She blinked as eyes eventually came to rest on her partner. "What's that on your surface?" she was referring to Seiza's reflective pane. A few odd streaks of maroon fell across the Bronze Pokemon's front. A trick of the light, perhaps? He frantically scanned the area around herself and the Pokemon for a source. If I didn't know better, that looks like light refracted through...

---Bingo! Seiko's eyes widened at the sight of gorgeous crystal clusters decorating the roots of groves spread out before the pair. Now there was something you don't see every day!
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:56 PM   #157
Raves
...try a little harder.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,540
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Let the winds of fate take you on a journey to the unknown...

The Ribcage Mall.

134
: As reluctant as the Vaporeon was, the fact was she required rest after the fight as you recall her to her comfortable home and bring two other pokemon out, a Starly with a look on the face that could intimidate a clear bodied Tentacruel, and a Kangaskhan joey, eliciting a couple of cooes from the dispersing crowd, which unsurprisingly turned to mocking, then fisticuffs. After tying the scarf around the tyke's neck, you head for the stairs, the Pidove seemingly more trouble than it's worth.

Scaling the several flights of stairs, you exit through the door to find yourself in what is seemingly the employee-only area, with a fine vantage point from the thankfully sturdy balcony. Looking around, you can see there are other balconies with staircases leading further up, and a flutter of wings catches your attention, the Pidove soaring higher into the building up to what seems to be an extensive and intricate mesh of cabling much further up, the Pidove landing on one of said cables, giving a beckon at you. It seems to consider your battling skills respectable, but it seems you have one more challenge ahead of you as you continue to scrutinise, making out a potential pathway up to the lofty heights the bird stands upon.

Ikaika looks at you and gives as much of a shrug as possible, giving the impression that heading further up herself would be a mistake. A crack of thunder ruffles the starling's feathers as she reasserts that going alone would be a foolish move, gripping your shoulder tighter in worry. It would seem you'll have to make your way up to the heights of the mall yourself, with only your head for heights at your disposal. You do however have options, through staircases scattered around you, and the cabling does seem to connect to a high ledge. Your only concern are your nerves, but as the Pidove cooes once more, you ask whether any fears of heights overcome the prospect of the object of your affection.


Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: Your approval to Meowth to go wild is not lost upon him as he practically flies off your shoulder, screeching in fury as he brings his paw back, powering up to punch the fangs straight back into the cheeky rodents, his technician skills providing some extra oomph as he slams the paw into an alolan Rattata with great force as it lunges at him, the momentum caving its skull in and spattering the feline with its blood, some of which ends up in his maw. Pausing for a second to comprehend the action, he appears to agree with the Seviper on the delicacy, remarking on the taste of their fear as his claws shimmer from the attack boost, his horde pausing in their charge as they meet his vengeful gaze.

However, this fear was nothing compared to the legion of rats Marvolo faced. Having taken something of a minor scuffling, the Seviper hints towards proving his superiority over these vermin, to which you can only agree as you bring your arms in front of you, before swinging them round in a manner akin to a poisonous lash, before ducking down as you swing round, performing the ancient Alolan dance of noxious death. As this happens, Marvolo begins to shimmer with a golden aura, the glee upon his face evident as he prepares to use the Z move. Giving a primal shriek, the serpent unleashes the full force of belch into an incredible maelstrom of acidic energy, washing under much of the horde as they begin to immediately panic. Continuing, Marvolo then spews forth a virulent mist from his maw into the air, before a torrential downpour of concentrated poison rains upon the rodents as the poison swamp beneath them hisses and bubbles.

The effects are calamitous. Before you, dozens of Rattata squeal a medley of agonizing calls as the falling acid burns their bodies alive like globs of lava melting through ice, while others seem to be melting into the ground, dissolving in the vicious swamp. Others still begin coughing up their small lungs as the smog liquefies them from the inside, the looks of horror and despair on their faces bringing back memories of a prior adventure. Indeed, the molten purple and noxious fumes seem to bring you back to that tunnel on Aduro, and as you blink you find the Rattata have warped into Koffing and Weezing lining the tunnel of the tyrant, the scene horrifying you as you cry out to Marvolo to stop in anguish. Just as quickly, the swamp fades away, the rain stops and you gaze upon the carnage before you, the once bony floor now stained a putrid crimson, purple and black.

Meowth, mercifully, chose to focus on his rats, carving through some of them with furious swipes of his sharpened claws as half of them stop to gaze upon the armageddon unleashed upon them. The rodents quickly change from horror to hatred and begin to wail upon Meowth with a barrage of tackles that slowly pushes him back, but he stands his ground, turning head at you for further orders and quickly paling at the sight before you, as even Marvolo, the apex predator he is, is somewhat remorseful at turning such a vicious move against what ultimately are mostly innocent pokemon as you shakily check your dex to see what damage has been done.

Marvolo's front: 23 regular Rattata, 19 Alolan Rattata.
Meowth's front: 10 regular Rattata, 11 Alolan Rattata.


Before you or Marvolo can recover, louder scratching can be heard as Marvolo's group catch their bearings, forced to take flanks due to the toxic tissue in the centre, the stench making your stomach churn as Meowth gags slightly. The source of the scratching pops through the door as four Raticate appear, two familiar brown rats with varying whiskers and two chubby black rodents you can tell are the evolved alolan variants, seemingly the parents of the Rattata you've been fighting. All four are fuming as they give a horrific screech that rattles Marvolo's nerves, your eardrums and Meowth's poor ears, the feline temporarily deafened by the shrill tone before pointing at the Seviper, clearly ordering their minions to go for the kill. Behind you, the woman stirs slightly, as though slowly regaining consciousness, though whether that be through the sudden sound or the decaying matter before you is another story as the Rattata on Marvolo's side begin to dash quickly for another attack while Meowth's group open their mouths, seemingly ready to bite upon him and the vulnerable woman...


Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: The disadvantages of being a pokemon: no bag, no items, no remedy for the paralysis plagueing Chex. Not to be deterred, you give the orders to prepare for the glowing attack to the Scizor while enquiring to Neemee what they could do to support him. Gritting teeth, the insect shakes his wings as the Nosepass generates crystalline objects around it like gems before unleashing a score of powerful beams from them towards the Scizor, who fights to move...and succeeds to some extent, agilely darting forward as he takes only the brunt of the beams to the irritance of the nose.

"Me-me cannot help for me-me has no self...with no self, me-me cannot use me-me's powers! All me-me can do is watch!" Neemee squeaks, the Nosepass turning towards the stranger before looking oddly confused, as though charmed by the whimsical figure. This is enough opportunity for Chex to strike, only to stumble in paralysis as his legs refuse to work, preventing the bug bite from working. The clank grabs the Nosepass' attention once again, however, the rock type plodding forth to swing his stubby limb round at Chex's midriff, to your horror wreathed in fire as the close range punch connects, the Scizor screaming from the doubly effective hit despite the reduction in attack. The pain is enough to force the Scizor to defy the paralysis once more, slamming his metallic claw into the Compass pokemon, managing to catch it off balance and toppling it over. Grunting, the rock type struggles on the ground trying to self-right as Chex examines the damage done, still faring better than his foe but the gap has closed noticably. The Nosepass is inconvenienced right now, however, and capitalising on the vulnerability would be advised as your companion bobs up and down a little in excitement.


The Bastion of Vacuous Dreams.

Marion Ette
: Deep inside, you were an emperor. Yes, you may be a young woman with rather feminine features and mannerisms, but you were with the Lacunosa Nightwatch, and you'd be damned if you didn't stick to your training. Relinquishing your grip on the Empress card, which fades to nothing, the Emperor card in hand solidifies and begins to glow, which doesn't surprise you. What does surprise, though, is when you begin to glow as well, the room around you warping and changing shape as you feel yourself slowly change too...

---

You had been sleeping for what felt like hundreds of years in your home, surrounded by your loyal subjects. You couldn't recall what it was that set you in slumber aside from the sores on you, but you slept peacefully, until now. Opening your eyes, you see people like you, in strange attire unfamiliar to you, within your stony abode. The people are accompanied by creatures unfamiliar to you as well, two of them to be precise. One of these creatures appears to be a large canine beast, black and grey fur streaking down the back, while the other looks closer to one of those small minions your people created and gave life to in order to facilitate service to your reign.

Their tongue is foreign to you, but you can tell from the look in their eyes they are amazed at your home, pointing towards you with their strange sheets of...something akin to papyrus. You question their presence when the people move to your belongings and begin to discreetly place them inside a sack: robbers. Try as you might, you cannot move, and your subjects are just as oblivious to your presence as the thieves are, but as you focus and push your four arms through your bed, you find yourself standing before the thieves, the canine snarling at you as they look at you, one of your arms instinctively reaching for one of your subject's summons. The people become alarmed, pointing at you and screaming words at you.

"Cofagrigus! Bite! Snarl!"

The canid begins to rush at you as the clay top begins to whirl around, your subject ready to fight for your defence. How dare these fools steal from your rightful tomb!

For this encounter, you may use one of your pokemon to battle the Mightyena and Baltoy alongside you. You are a level 40 Cofagrigus with all viable generation 5 TM and Egg moves, as well as the Move Tutor moves Shock Wave, Iron Defense, Spite and Magic Coat. Your companion may be defeated, but you must not faint in this encounter, for terrible things may happen to you. Good luck.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:38 AM   #158
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,484
BLOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR: AKA Holy Shit This Was Fucking Edgy And Also Raves' Fault

Marshal's Headquarters



TheKnightsFury: [Update Music]

Upon command, Candace’s demeanor changed, quickly going into battle mode and joining the fight. The Passimian swung around the trunk of the tree and launched herself into the road, somersaulted, and in one swift motion wrapped herself around one of the Darmanitan’s hind legs as he continued to be pelted with Spartacus’ Vacuum Waves. The Darmanitan was taken aback by the Passimian, and seemed as though it wasn’t quite sure how to react as Candace tightened her grip around the ape’s leg.

Frustrated, the Darmanitan’s eyebrows once again exploded, engulfing it in flames, seemingly preparing for another Flare Blitz as it set its sights on Spartacus. The Scyther stood his ground, unwavered by the super-effective threat of the ape Pokemon, and continued to pelt the monster’s chest wound with more and more Vacuum Waves. Candace, however, started to become partially wrapped in flames. She gritted her teeth and tried her best to eat the damage.

You stepped back, mimicking your Passimian in desperation. You were out of options, and this Darmanitan was not going down fast enough. But wait - suddenly, you remembered the white bracelet around your wrist. You had received it alongside your Mudbray’s egg, but had never had the chance to use it before. You remembered reading that the Z-Ring and its crystals could act as a catalyst between a trainer and their Pokemon in times of desperation to unleash devastating power, though you had never witnessed it with your own eyes.

As you looked from your Z-Ring to your Mudbray, your crystal began to glow ever so dimly, as if it were reacting to your thoughts and emotions. The Darmanitan crouched into the same position it had previously, just before it killed Smithie, and you realized it was preparing to charge forward as its blaze continued to grow higher. There was no time to waste.

"Come to me Boudicca, it's time we try this out. Prepare an Earthpower, just go with the flow." You were nervous, but kept your cool as you called to your Mudbray to follow your lead. The Mudbray galloped to your side and spread its legs evenly, its hooves beginning to glow as the ground underneath of it started to crack. You took a deep breath, closed your eyes, and did the dance you had read about, the crystal growing brighter and brighter around your wrist, slowly enveloping your entire body with energy as you gathered your strength. With a twist and a slamming of your fist into the ground, the aura that had gathered around you released with a burst, spinning through the air like thousands of wisps of wind. It surrounded your Mudbray from all sides, the energy swarming into an aura that enveloped the horse Pokemon from head to tail. Several fissures exploded through the ground, and the pavement underneath of it began to sink.

Candace, now clearly in a lot of pain from suffering a burn, gripped the Darmanitan tighter as its hind legs compressed and suddenly exploded forward full force, taking direct aim at the Scyther. Candace dug her feet into the ground and thrust her arms upward, immediately lurching the Darmanitan into the air. With a mighty howl and rage in her eyes, the Passimian used all of her strength to push downward as hard as she could and bent backward, thrusting the Darmanitan over her shoulders, sending it directly into the pavement with a vicious Vital Throw. The Darmanitan roared in pain as its flames began to dissipate upon crashing into the asphalt.

"Tectonic Rage!"

The ground erupted, the fissures spreading like spiderwebs across the ground, meeting together and forming a collective gash which shot forward toward the Darmanitan at high speed. The ground exploded as it passed through, water pipes under the street bursting through the ground and shooting plumes through the cracks high into the air. The fissure struck the Darmanitan, and the earth underneath immediately opened, causing the surrounding area to shake violently in a brief earthquake, swallowing the large ape in an instant. Boudicca released her energy in a flash of light, immediately disappearing from the spot where she stood, appearing in front of the Darmanitan as it fell through the newly formed canyon. Its back legs connected instantly, and with a mighty kick to the chest, it released the remaining amount of energy from its Z-Move, smashing into the Darmanitan with all of her strength and knocking it several feet through a wall of pure bedrock before slowing to a halt.

The newly formed chasm where road had previously been was deep and stretched for at least a kilometer. A symphony of car alarms echoed throughout the empty streets and water leaked out of broken pipes, gushing downward into the canyon. Doors on a few houses that lined the other side of the road began to open, and one by one people started to exit, looking at the scene that played out in the street with dismay on their faces. Khutulun almost scared you as she ran up your knees and perched on your shoulder, having thankfully stayed out of harm’s way during the fight.

The chasm looked like it had opened about a thirty meters deep, and in the freshly created burrow at its base that had been drilled into the bedrock by Boudicca’s Tectonic Rage, the Darmanitan sat motionless. A saliva covered Pokeball rested on the ground next to the knocked out beast. Boudicca stood at the base of the canyon, and shook intensely out of anxiety, looking at you with worried eyes. Spartacus walked forward to stand alongside you and looked down into the large fissure. Despite all of the commotion, and everything that had just happened, something odd caught the Scyther’s attention. He slowly lifted his arm and pointed towards the rock wall at the bottom of the chasm. It was hard to make out, but there were dark, almost cavern-like tunnels that stood opposite each other, one on each wall. A brief moment later, it almost seemed like you could hear what sounded like distant yelling echoing from within...

Your attention was cut short by, an old, battle-worn police car that spun around the corner behind you, its sirens turned off. It came to a sliding halt and parked in a patch of grass on the side of the road, near the tree where the Vullaby was still lying. The door flew open, and a gruff gentleman who looked as though he desperately needed a cup of coffee exited the vehicle, slamming the door violently behind him. His eyes widened in horror as he examined the scene in front of him. It was Ehrmantraut. He stared at the scene, then back to you. He rolled his eyes and frowned, letting out a deep and annoyed sounding sigh. “I thought I said ‘subtle’.”

Boudicca has gained two levels, and Spartacus and Candace have each gained one.





Brave Saix: [Update Music]

McLarty didn’t seem to be phased by anything you had just said, his eerie grin never leaving his face. As you went to knee him in the groin, he quickly sidestepped your attempt, and in one swift motion twisted your arm, grabbed your shoulder, and spun you around, bending your twisted arm upward in a painfully locked position behind your back. He reached his other arm around your neck and revealed a knife in his hand, which he slid open and rested against your jugular, as though he were taking you hostage. The door to the Trick Room flew open, and two Shell guards walked out. They stepped aside, and Saoirse stepped into the doorway, her demeanor noticeably different than the last time you had seen her.

“You know, I really have to wonder what sort of shape the Marshal’s must be in to have such outdated intel as to send someone like you in here using ‘McLarty’ as a cover.” Saoirse began slowly walking toward you from across the room. She had a look on her face of secondhand embarrassment, and her refusal to make eye contact with you as she spoke seemed to be intentionally offensive. “I’m surprised you didn’t catch on sooner… I thought I was being obvious. Giving you a key card and then sitting you in this room was, I suppose, something of a test. But you just couldn’t help but ease your curiosity, could you?” She stood inches from your face, and her tone changed suddenly. “I’m so disappointed. It’s such a shame this pathetic excuse for a charade had to end so early. Playing with you would have been so fun, but…” She looked into your eyes for the first time, and her voice became aggressive. “You fucked up.”

She turned away from you and pulled off her gloves. McLarty locked his grip tighter and then pulled the knife away from your throat. She then turned around suddenly with her fist clenched, flying through the air. Before you knew what had happened, you were looking at the floor and spitting blood from your mouth, your stomach writhing in pain, its muscles convulsing. The pain from the gut punch amplified your senses enough to overwhelm you leaving you briefly uncertain of what was happening. Suddenly, you felt a sharp, pinching sensation in the back of your neck… and then the ground began to shake violently. What did they just do? What was happening? Was this even real…?

Darkness.

A gasp. You were awake. And alive, apparently.

“Good morning.” You recognized the voice immediately. It was Saoirse. “I was starting to think that we may have accidentally put you into a coma…” You looked up from the floor to face your captor, but your mind began to race and your heart began to pound as you took in the horrific scene that was playing out before you.

First of all, you were surrounded by a wall of glass. Three large glass panels extended from floor to ceiling, confining you to a small glass prison. The cell was large enough to move around in, but there was no door that you could see. There was, however an electronic panel fixated to the glass outside, though its purpose was unclear. The room as a whole was somewhat large, fitting at least seven other cells within just like your own, but all of them were empty… except, no, they weren’t. The cell directly across from yours held within it a familiar Pokemon - the Chimchar from earlier. It did not move, sitting quietly on the ground in the back corner of the cell, its eyes wide open, staring downward in a state of shock.

And it was easy to see why. The floor outside of the holding cells was not, in fact, covered in red carpet, as one might have imagined at first glance. Perhaps even those who did not want to believe what it was would tell themselves a similar lie to ease their horror of what it really was: a large, slowly congealing pool of blood. Saoirse stood directly in front of your cell, situated between you and the Chimchar. Her face and clothes were speckled with blood. In her hand was a large, blood-soaked knife. In her other hand, she playfully twirled what appeared to be a long, green blade… except, that isn’t what it was.

In front of you was your borrowed Gallade. His eyes were open, and he was on the floor, kneeling in front of the Shell admin. No - not kneeling. The Pokemon was sitting, but where it once had legs, it no longer did. All that remained was jagged, splintered bone, loosely dangling muscle, and the blood that slowly seeped from the wounds, pooling onto the floor. Saoirse began to swing the Gallade’s arm in her hand as though she were pretending to sword fight an invisible partner, giggling as she did. She suddenly dropped the appendage to the floor and smashed her bloodied hands against the glass chamber. ”SURPRISE! Ha ha ha ha. What do you think? I call it ‘Gallade: Deconstructed’. Fitting, don’t you think? Isn’t he cute? He almost looks like a Ralts again!” Saoirse pulled away from the glass, leaving bloody handprints where she had been. “Almost, yes…”

She lifted the Gallade’s arm and slid her serrated blade underneath and began to saw upward. The sound of bone cracking, the spurting of blood against the glass, and the sickening tearing of muscle meat would probably leave any who witnessed something so terrifying, so wrong, feeling extremely nauseous. The Gallade blinked, its mouth wide open, but it did not react. “Mm, I think that’s enough, don’t you?” Saoirse dropped the knife and began pulling on the arm at the tear, yanking it hard before the muscle finally tore and the bone snapped in half. She grabbed the other arm and held them both up to you joyfully. “How fun do you think it would be to sword fight with these? I have one, you have the other, we just go at it…” she grinned maniacally. All semblance of rationality had left her, if she had ever had any at all. She was overtaken by murderous intent and bloodlust, and it seemed as though she had lost all traces of sanity. She laughed wickedly as she clapped the arms together before stopping suddenly, throwing them on the ground, and walking to the Chimchar’s cell. “This is what happens to Pokemon who don’t do as their told. Do you understand? You’ve broken out of the training grounds for the last time. This is your final warning. Next time you’ll be the Gallade.” The Chimchar slowly lifted its head and shot a wide-eyed glance at the Shell admin. It did not react, it did not blink. It simply stared for a moment and then looked back down.

The Gallade sat on the floor, still motionless, and now limbless as well. It had already lost so much blood - it’s hard to know how it was still alive. Saoirse knelt down next to it and looked directly at you. She pointed at the Gallade’s chest. “Do you know what that is? This red chest piece?” She took the knife and began to stab the jutting red appendage repeatedly, and slowly, not breaking eye contact from you this time. “This is its heart. Aren’t Pokemon so interesting?” She continued to stab, faster and faster, before finally looking away from you, taking the knife, and slicing the piece clean off of the Gallade. Its eyes looked down as she did, blinking, watching her as she did it. She lifted it up, and looked at it closely, before carelessly tossing it across the room. The Gallade blinked again. “How are you not dead yet? Tsk…” Saoirse let out a sigh and stood up. “And now for the grand finale! Thank you all for joining me tonight. It’s been such a pleasure - and now, the moment you’ve all been dying for-” Saoirse grabbed the Gallade by the curl on top of its head, pulled back, and slid her knife across its throat. Blood exploded onto the cell’s glass, covering it. The Gallade moved its eyes as she sawed her blade, and looked directly at you. The head snapped off of the body, which Saoirse kicked to the ground. She held the head up above her own. “Look, it’s like mistletoe, except in the middle of the summer and it’s a Pokemon’s head!” But again, the Gallade blinked, and stared at Saoirse. She lowered the Pokemon to her face, holding it in both hands. “No fucking way.” Her facial expression immediately turned to anger and seriousness, and her tone changed entirely as she dropped the Gallade’s head to the floor and pulled out a gun. She immediately aimed it at the creature’s skull and pulled the trigger several times. The Chimchar jumped with each pop, its tail igniting as it began to shake. The Gallade was no more.

Saoirse breathed heavily for a moment. If it weren’t for the fact that you weren’t already sure she was insane, you might have guessed that she had been shaken up. She stepped back, looking at both you and the Chimchar, and then silently left the room through a pair of sliding doors. McLarty walked in as she exited, most likely having been instructed to do so once she had. He laughed upon seeing the mess as he entered. “You don’t have anything to worry about, you pathetic impostor. At least, not right now. We haven’t decided what we’re going to do with you yet, in case you were wondering. Your lucky it was the Marshal’s Gallade - oh yes, I am more than familiar with the Pokemon that belong to the Marshal’s, we all are, if you take us lightly then you will find we will make your life utterly miserable. But as for your Noibat - rather, our Noibat now... She may be of some use to us. Thing is, we like strong Pokemon. Pokemon that have potential. And your Noibat, she has lots of it. She could be a very powerful tool for us to crush the Ribs with. The Ribs, the pathetic, Pignite-shit Ribs who are nothing but a blight on this city and everything it stands for.” He turned to you and grimaced. “We represent order. And we demand it.” He walked out of the room.

The Chimchar sat still on the other side of the room as everything remained quiet. After several minutes, it slowly turned to face you. It then put its face into its lap and began sobbing. Things were looking bleak. Your items, your Pokemon, they were gone. You were stuck in this cell with seemingly no way out. And worst of all - they had Jill.





Balmund: [Update Music]

The trainer moved through the silenced crowd, escorted up the stairwell by the two Shell guards and yourself. Orchrist understood what was happening and slid through the shadows into a nearby ventilation shaft. It was most likely safe to say she would be following you from above, able to reveal herself at a moment’s notice. The stairwell became increasingly dimmer as the four of you ascended. By the time you reached the platform for B1F, the area was almost entirely dark. One of the Shells retrieved a key ring from his pocket, and after sliding through several keys for a moment, proceeded to unlock the heavy, metal door. He pulled it open and the four of you walked in. The room was very contemporary and lounge-like, with two couches, a television, a coffee table, and a refrigerator. On the far side of the room was another large metal door in the wall much like the one you had just come through.

“Please, make yourself comfortable,” the first Shell guard insisted. “I’m fine standing, thanks,” the woman replied. The guards looked at each other, and nodded. “Alright.” One of them walked toward the other door, only to stop at a large wall-covered panel and pull it open, revealing a safe inside. He pushed a few buttons, turned a dial, and opened it up, pulling a small black box out. He stepped back, closing the safe, and then walked back to where the four of you stood in the middle of the room. The woman remained stoic.

The guard looked at the box in his hands and then at the woman. He lifted it up and handed it to her. “For winning the showmatch, volunteer winners are presented with a gift as a token of our gratitude.” She took the box without breaking eye contact with the guard, sliding the lid off of it and only looking down for a moment: it was a purple, diamond shaped crystal of some kind, with an odd, wisp shaped design at its center, along with what appeared to be a black bracelet. Her only reaction was to close the lid and look back at the Shell who handed it to her. “We have a proposition for you,” the other guard said. “The Shells could use a strong fighter like you - like your Pokemon. We h-” “I’m not interested.” The Shells looked stunned, and for the first time turned to you. One took notice of the blood on your shirt, his face scrunching up immediately. “I’m sorry, have we met? Because you don’t look familiar…” The other guard looked back to the woman. “You’re making a big mistake,” he said quietly. “I don’t make mistakes,” she replied robotically. The Shell members both pulled out guns and cocked them. “If you don’t think we haven’t done this song and dance dozens of times before, you’ve got another thing coming. Now. The Shells will make sure you are comfortable, and you will be well compensated for your work. So, last chance.” The one who had questioned you turned his gun on you and pointed it at your face. “Your lack of a response to this is all I needed to know to confirm my suspicions. I’ve never seen this guy around here before, Cecil. What do you think we should do about that?” the Shell asked his partner. “I think you know exactly what to do about that, Carlos. Now,” the man named Cecil turned back to the mystery trainer and pointed the gun directly at her face, “your Trevenant is going to join us, with or without you. You have five seconds to rethink your answer.” The woman remained silent. Cecil cocked his gun, locking a bullet into the chamber. “Don’t make me do this. Don’t make me do to you what we had to do to that Krokorok’s trainer. We’re going to have to repaint the walls again..”

Suddenly, the room began to shake violently. Everything vibrated intensely, and the guards looked at each other in confusion. The fridge door unlatched and began to open and shut rhythmically, and the lights hanging from the ceiling began to swing back and forth. The guards looked around the room with befuddled faces as though they had never experienced an earthquake before. Without hesitation, the woman palmed Cecil’s wrist hard with her right hand, and pushing the barrel of his gun away from her with her left, knocking it loose and into her own grasp as she quickly pirouetted behind the stunned guard and put the gun to his temple. “Drop your weapon! Drop it now or he dies!” The shaking subsided suddenly, going almost as quickly as it came. Carlos shook slightly, his eyes wide at what had just happened. His hand shook in anxiety as he slowly lowered the gun to the ground and dropped it pathetically. The woman looked to you angrily. “What the hell are you waiting for? Don’t just stand there! And help me come up with a plan while you're at it, you obviously know why we're here!”

Last edited by deoxys; 06-29-2017 at 12:37 AM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:10 PM   #159
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge
 
Brave Saix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 122
"Shit. Shit. SHIT!!!" Sypher said pacing in what little room he had in the cell. "I can't believe I let her talk me into this... Just look at what's happened... I never should have listened to her... I never... I never... I never should have put her in this position. I ... I... God dammit, I fucked." He punched his fist into the wall before putting his back to it before sliding down to the floor. "Jill, I'm sorry." he said cradling his head in his hands.

Sypher just sat there for a few minutes letting it all sink in. He turned only to see the mutilated corpse of the Gallade, where a fly had already found it's way over the pulp that used to be the head. He immediately barfed at the sight, some of the slurry catching his sleeve. "God. Nothing deserves that..." he thought as he looked back wiping off his mouth. Then he noticed the Chimchar across the room. Despite all the torture that it had been through, this was worse than anything it had seen before. Who could blame it for looking so broken down, Sypher himself felt almost the same. Except he knew he had someone that he needed to fight for, and the Chimchar seemed to be his only chance to do so.

"Hey, Chimchar," he said softly "I know your scared. I am too. I don't know what they're planning to do to use, and that just makes it worse. I've some of what they've done to you. I can understand if you just want to give up. But I'm asking, no, begging you to help me save my friend. Please!!!" Tears start to roll down his face as he thinks of what they might do to Jill. "You're the only chance that she has. I saw that they had been electrocuting you and that feeling is likely never going to leave you. I know what that's like." He said holding up his arm. "It's a Houndoom bite, my arm never quite losses the feeling of a burn. Yeah it hurts, but I don't let it stop me. Now you, I hate to ask you to, but I need you to think of how that electricity felt, not the pain, just how it moved through you. Try to recreate that in your hand. It's a move they call Thunder Punch, I know you can do it, just don't give-up on things."

Sypher looked at the chimp bringing forth the best smile he could despite his fear. "When they come back in here for us, tag who ever goes for you with one to get loose, and I'll try to handle whoever goes for me. Once either one of us are free they'll either help out the other or go for the panel over there to let the other out."
__________________
Brave Saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:49 PM   #160
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: Your approval to Meowth to go wild is not lost upon him as he practically flies off your shoulder, screeching in fury as he brings his paw back, powering up to punch the fangs straight back into the cheeky rodents, his technician skills providing some extra oomph as he slams the paw into an alolan Rattata with great force as it lunges at him, the momentum caving its skull in and spattering the feline with its blood, some of which ends up in his maw. Pausing for a second to comprehend the action, he appears to agree with the Seviper on the delicacy, remarking on the taste of their fear as his claws shimmer from the attack boost, his horde pausing in their charge as they meet his vengeful gaze.

However, this fear was nothing compared to the legion of rats Marvolo faced. Having taken something of a minor scuffling, the Seviper hints towards proving his superiority over these vermin, to which you can only agree as you bring your arms in front of you, before swinging them round in a manner akin to a poisonous lash, before ducking down as you swing round, performing the ancient Alolan dance of noxious death. As this happens, Marvolo begins to shimmer with a golden aura, the glee upon his face evident as he prepares to use the Z move. Giving a primal shriek, the serpent unleashes the full force of belch into an incredible maelstrom of acidic energy, washing under much of the horde as they begin to immediately panic. Continuing, Marvolo then spews forth a virulent mist from his maw into the air, before a torrential downpour of concentrated poison rains upon the rodents as the poison swamp beneath them hisses and bubbles.

The effects are calamitous. Before you, dozens of Rattata squeal a medley of agonizing calls as the falling acid burns their bodies alive like globs of lava melting through ice, while others seem to be melting into the ground, dissolving in the vicious swamp. Others still begin coughing up their small lungs as the smog liquefies them from the inside, the looks of horror and despair on their faces bringing back memories of a prior adventure. Indeed, the molten purple and noxious fumes seem to bring you back to that tunnel on Aduro, and as you blink you find the Rattata have warped into Koffing and Weezing lining the tunnel of the tyrant, the scene horrifying you as you cry out to Marvolo to stop in anguish. Just as quickly, the swamp fades away, the rain stops and you gaze upon the carnage before you, the once bony floor now stained a putrid crimson, purple and black.

Meowth, mercifully, chose to focus on his rats, carving through some of them with furious swipes of his sharpened claws as half of them stop to gaze upon the armageddon unleashed upon them. The rodents quickly change from horror to hatred and begin to wail upon Meowth with a barrage of tackles that slowly pushes him back, but he stands his ground, turning head at you for further orders and quickly paling at the sight before you, as even Marvolo, the apex predator he is, is somewhat remorseful at turning such a vicious move against what ultimately are mostly innocent pokemon as you shakily check your dex to see what damage has been done.

Marvolo's front: 23 regular Rattata, 19 Alolan Rattata.
Meowth's front: 10 regular Rattata, 11 Alolan Rattata.


Before you or Marvolo can recover, louder scratching can be heard as Marvolo's group catch their bearings, forced to take flanks due to the toxic tissue in the centre, the stench making your stomach churn as Meowth gags slightly. The source of the scratching pops through the door as four Raticate appear, two familiar brown rats with varying whiskers and two chubby black rodents you can tell are the evolved alolan variants, seemingly the parents of the Rattata you've been fighting. All four are fuming as they give a horrific screech that rattles Marvolo's nerves, your eardrums and Meowth's poor ears, the feline temporarily deafened by the shrill tone before pointing at the Seviper, clearly ordering their minions to go for the kill. Behind you, the woman stirs slightly, as though slowly regaining consciousness, though whether that be through the sudden sound or the decaying matter before you is another story as the Rattata on Marvolo's side begin to dash quickly for another attack while Meowth's group open their mouths, seemingly ready to bite upon him and the vulnerable woman...
Keith grinned as Marvolo pulled off the Acid Downpour beautifully... though said grin faded as he saw the looks on the dying Rattata's faces. Not because he felt sorry for them- he knew Marvolo was doing what he had to to keep them safe- but more because they reminded him only too vividly of another experience he'd had previously. Another massive amount of deceased Pokémon, faces contorted in agony. Indeed, one blink later, and Keith could see the horrifying sight once more, far too clearly for his liking. "M-Marv! Marvolo! STOP!" Keith exclaimed.

"Wha- what in the Distortion World for?!" the Seviper demanded, as the Z-move came to an end. "What the... what's with you?" he asked, seeing how badly his Trainer was shaking. "You've watched me kill before. You've stumbled upon my stockpiles of severed Patrat heads without so much as flinching. How is this any different?"

Keith took a few breaths to steady himself, for the image of the Koffing and Weezing, dead, lining the walls of that one tunnel in Mt. Aduro, was starting to fade. At least enough so that he could know for sure that it was just a flashback. "...Th-the Koffing and Weezing..." he murmured. "In Mt. Aduro... It's..."

"...Ah. Triggered a flashback," the Seviper nodded. Pretty much every one of Keith's Pokémon knew the tale by now. "I take it this is the last time you order a Z-move to anyone with murderous intent, then?"

"You think?" Keith replied. "I mean, if... lives are at stake, then... I mean, it's..."

"It's what had to be done," the Seviper stated remorselessly. "And news flash- lives are still at stake. No thanks to your little trip down memory lane, I didn't get to finish them all off," he added, turning his gaze to the remaining Rattata.

And sure enough, things were still looking grim. Even despite all the powerful attacks that had been flying, a buttload of Rattata still remained. As Keith checked his Pokédex for exact numbers, Meowth gave a small whimper, having just noticed the carnage Marvolo had caused.

"It's life or death we're talking about, Meowth," snapped Marvolo, noticing Meowth's discomfort. "Them or us! We can't concern ourselves with how they end up when it's ourselves we need to look out for!" Even so, even Marvolo seemed to have the tiniest gleam of remorse as he saw the multicolored stains that were the gruesome remains of the unfortunate Rattata. Just the tiniest bit, and Keith would bet anything the Seviper would vehemently deny it if called out on it, but it was there nonetheless. Those who know Marvolo especially well, after all, will know that he's not completely heartless.

And then, a loud scratching could be heard. A louder scratching than before. The source presented itself in no time, too- four Pokémon. Two of them Raticate as Keith knew the species. The other two he didn't really recognize, but considering their extreme similarity to the familiar faces, and the similar color scheme to the Alolan Rattata...

"Raticate- Alola Form- the Mouse Pokémon, and the evolved form of the Alolan Rattata. A Dark and Normal-type," said Keith's Pokédex. "Raticate forms groups of Rattata and assumes command of them. It is a picky eater, so particular about the taste and freshness of its food that restaurants where Raticate live have a good reputation."

Keith covered his ears at the powerful Screech attacks the four Raticate unleashed, but he had to act quickly, he knew- the Raticate were commanding their unevolved brethren to attack, and the Rattata were unmistakably obeying. He took a deep breath- the outcome of the Acid Downpour had unnerved him, to say the least, but this was quite possibly the worst time to lose focus. Keith needed to stay focused on the task at hand. All of their lives depended on it.

"...Marv, fight back with Brutal Swing!" Keith commanded. "Then start lashing out with Poison Tail!" He turned to Meowth- both he and Amanda were in imminent danger. "Meowth, Swift attack, let's go!" he ordered. "Then start blasting them with Water Pulse! Both of you, hit as many Rattata as you can, keep them away from us, and if you get a clear shot at any of the Raticate, then by all means, go for it!" His voice shook slightly throughout these orders, but Marvolo had a point- Keith still had his own life to consider. The lives of his Pokémon. And the life of this Amanda girl, who could very well be innocent of what she's been accused of- something Keith didn't even have a chance to think too much about just yet, considering the fairly large distraction closing in all around them. But yes- as much as Keith didn't exactly like the mindset of "it's them or us", there was no denying it to be applicable to the current situation.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:46 AM   #161
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post

TheKnightsFury:

Upon command, Candace’s demeanor changed, quickly going into battle mode and joining the fight. The Passimian swung around the trunk of the tree and launched herself into the road, somersaulted, and in one swift motion wrapped herself around one of the Darmanitan’s hind legs as he continued to be pelted with Spartacus’ Vacuum Waves. The Darmanitan was taken aback by the Passimian, and seemed as though it wasn’t quite sure how to react as Candace tightened her grip around the ape’s leg.

Frustrated, the Darmanitan’s eyebrows once again exploded, engulfing it in flames, seemingly preparing for another Flare Blitz as it set its sights on Spartacus. The Scyther stood his ground, unwavered by the super-effective threat of the ape Pokemon, and continued to pelt the monster’s chest wound with more and more Vacuum Waves. Candace, however, started to become partially wrapped in flames. She gritted her teeth and tried her best to eat the damage.

You stepped back, mimicking your Passimian in desperation. You were out of options, and this Darmanitan was not going down fast enough. But wait - suddenly, you remembered the white bracelet around your wrist. You had received it alongside your Mudbray’s egg, but had never had the chance to use it before. You remembered reading that the Z-Ring and its crystals could act as a catalyst between a trainer and their Pokemon in times of desperation to unleash devastating power, though you had never witnessed it with your own eyes.

As you looked from your Z-Ring to your Mudbray, your crystal began to glow ever so dimly, as if it were reacting to your thoughts and emotions. The Darmanitan crouched into the same position it had previously, just before it killed Smithie, and you realized it was preparing to charge forward as its blaze continued to grow higher. There was no time to waste.

"Come to me Boudicca, it's time we try this out. Prepare an Earthpower, just go with the flow." You were nervous, but kept your cool as you called to your Mudbray to follow your lead. The Mudbray galloped to your side and spread its legs evenly, its hooves beginning to glow as the ground underneath of it started to crack. You took a deep breath, closed your eyes, and did the dance you had read about, the crystal growing brighter and brighter around your wrist, slowly enveloping your entire body with energy as you gathered your strength. With a twist and a slamming of your fist into the ground, the aura that had gathered around you released with a burst, spinning through the air like thousands of wisps of wind. It surrounded your Mudbray from all sides, the energy swarming into an aura that enveloped the horse Pokemon from head to tail. Several fissures exploded through the ground, and the pavement underneath of it began to sink.

Candace, now clearly in a lot of pain from suffering a burn, gripped the Darmanitan tighter as its hind legs compressed and suddenly exploded forward full force, taking direct aim at the Scyther. Candace dug her feet into the ground and thrust her arms upward, immediately lurching the Darmanitan into the air. With a mighty howl and rage in her eyes, the Passimian used all of her strength to push downward as hard as she could and bent backward, thrusting the Darmanitan over her shoulders, sending it directly into the pavement with a vicious Vital Throw. The Darmanitan roared in pain as its flames began to dissipate upon crashing into the asphalt.

"Tectonic Rage!"

The ground erupted, the fissures spreading like spiderwebs across the ground, meeting together and forming a collective gash which shot forward toward the Darmanitan at high speed. The ground exploded as it passed through, water pipes under the street bursting through the ground and shooting plumes through the cracks high into the air. The fissure struck the Darmanitan, and the earth underneath immediately opened, causing the surrounding area to shake violently in a brief earthquake, swallowing the large ape in an instant. Boudicca released her energy in a flash of light, immediately disappearing from the spot where she stood, appearing in front of the Darmanitan as it fell through the newly formed canyon. Its back legs connected instantly, and with a mighty kick to the chest, it released the remaining amount of energy from its Z-Move, smashing into the Darmanitan with all of her strength and knocking it several feet through a wall of pure bedrock before slowing to a halt.

The newly formed chasm where road had previously been was deep and stretched for at least a kilometer. A symphony of car alarms echoed throughout the empty streets and water leaked out of broken pipes, gushing downward into the canyon. Doors on a few houses that lined the other side of the road began to open, and one by one people started to exit, looking at the scene that played out in the street with dismay on their faces. Khutulun almost scared you as she ran up your knees and perched on your shoulder, having thankfully stayed out of harm’s way during the fight.

The chasm looked like it had opened about a thirty meters deep, and in the freshly created burrow at its base that had been drilled into the bedrock by Boudicca’s Tectonic Rage, the Darmanitan sat motionless. A saliva covered Pokeball rested on the ground next to the knocked out beast. Boudicca stood at the base of the canyon, and shook intensely out of anxiety, looking at you with worried eyes. Spartacus walked forward to stand alongside you and looked down into the large fissure. Despite all of the commotion, and everything that had just happened, something odd caught the Scyther’s attention. He slowly lifted his arm and pointed towards the rock wall at the bottom of the chasm. It was hard to make out, but there were dark, almost cavern-like tunnels that stood opposite each other, one on each wall. A brief moment later, it almost seemed like you could hear what sounded like distant yelling echoing from within...

Your attention was cut short by, an old, battle-worn police car that spun around the corner behind you, its sirens turned off. It came to a sliding halt and parked in a patch of grass on the side of the road, near the tree where the Vullaby was still lying. The door flew open, and a gruff gentleman who looked as though he desperately needed a cup of coffee exited the vehicle, slamming the door violently behind him. His eyes widened in horror as he examined the scene in front of him. It was Ehrmantraut. He stared at the scene, then back to you. He rolled his eyes and frowned, letting out a deep and annoyed sounding sigh. “I thought I said ‘subtle’.”

Boudicca has gained two levels, and Spartacus and Candace have each gained one.

Jayson was stuck in a state of admiration as the power him and Boudicca produced split the very earth itself. The entire world seemed to shake, it was like nothing he had ever felt before. Were all Z-Moves this powerful? Boudicca was relatively young and weak, Jayson could barely imagine what she could produce once she grew stronger and evolved. Jayson called out to the Mudbray, he didn't want her staying down in the chasm without him and they still had things to sort out up here. First thing he did was pick up the Darmanitan's Pokeball that Khutulun had found, patting the Sentret on the head as he did so. He then pointed the ball at the slumped over Darmanitan in the bottom of the chasm. A red light enveloped it and it was soon safe inside its Pokeball but it would surely need medical attention. Same would go for the Vullaby, Jayson had no idea where its Pokeball was but with the immediate threat dealt with they now had a chance to help it. He recalled Khutulun into her Pokeball for now, she had done her part. Candace and Spartacus had done well in their roles, he was proud of both of them but they could still be needed.

Ehrmantraut was a welcome sight but Jayson couldn't help but have mixed feelings about the officer. He had given him an incredibly unstable Pokemon that had caused complete havoc and even knocked out his own Pokemon. That was almost enough for Jayson to punch him right in the face, the only thing stopping him from doing so was that he needed help.

"Bit hard to be subtle when someone's life is at risk! You dick, you should have told me how big of a threat that Darmanitan was going to be, you didn't have to be so stupidly secretive about it." Jayson was furious but he knew he needed to explain the situation. "I made contact with a group of three thugs, two of them are over there unconscious, the other one got burnt to a crisp by the Darmanitan. The one that got burnt alive went by Smithie, he asked me to beat the shit out of an old man and take his money, I coudn't do it so he pulled a gun on me. Except he didn't keep the gun on me, he put it on the old man and threatened to kill him. That is when I challenged him to a Pokemon battle but it turns out I wasn't equipped to take on his Pokemon. So considering someone's life was at risk I figured using the Pokemon you gave me was the only option. It took out Smithie's Pokemon in a single hit and when Smithie turned on it with his gun, that is when shit got out of control. My Pokemon did their best to contain it, Atalanta my Rowlet was knocked out in the process. Finally I used the power of a Z-Move to put it down but it seems we now have a new situation." Jayson pointed down into the chasm, where there were now visible tunnels. "I could hear noises coming from them as well, it has to be connected to one of the gangs."

Jayson took a step back, he couldn't believe how exhausted he felt. "We need to get Smithie's Vullaby and the Darmanitan to a Pokemon Center as soon as possible. I am happy to have Candace take them, she should be able to handle the task. Any chance you brought my gear with you? Now my cover is blown I might as well assume my normal appearance, this streetwear isn't my style. Also is there any chance we can get Atalanta healed? She is essential to my team, we will likely struggle without her assistance."

Jayson couldn't help but feel he would have a lot of emotions to unpack once all this was over, but for now they had to work out their next steps.
__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 06-29-2017 at 01:29 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:33 PM   #162
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,369
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Balmund:

The trainer moved through the silenced crowd, escorted up the stairwell by the two Shell guards and yourself. Orchrist understood what was happening and slid through the shadows into a nearby ventilation shaft. It was most likely safe to say she would be following you from above, able to reveal herself at a moment’s notice. The stairwell became increasingly dimmer as the four of you ascended. By the time you reached the platform for B1F, the area was almost entirely dark. One of the Shells retrieved a key ring from his pocket, and after sliding through several keys for a moment, proceeded to unlock the heavy, metal door. He pulled it open and the four of you walked in. The room was very contemporary and lounge-like, with two couches, a television, a coffee table, and a refrigerator. On the far side of the room was another large metal door in the wall much like the one you had just come through.

“Please, make yourself comfortable,” the first Shell guard insisted. “I’m fine standing, thanks,” the woman replied. The guards looked at each other, and nodded. “Alright.” One of them walked toward the other door, only to stop at a large wall-covered panel and pull it open, revealing a safe inside. He pushed a few buttons, turned a dial, and opened it up, pulling a small black box out. He stepped back, closing the safe, and then walked back to where the four of you stood in the middle of the room. The woman remained stoic.

The guard looked at the box in his hands and then at the woman. He lifted it up and handed it to her. “For winning the showmatch, volunteer winners are presented with a gift as a token of our gratitude.” She took the box without breaking eye contact with the guard, sliding the lid off of it and only looking down for a moment: it was a purple, diamond shaped crystal of some kind, with an odd, wisp shaped design at its center, along with what appeared to be a black bracelet. Her only reaction was to close the lid and look back at the Shell who handed it to her. “We have a proposition for you,” the other guard said. “The Shells could use a strong fighter like you - like your Pokemon. We h-” “I’m not interested.” The Shells looked stunned, and for the first time turned to you. One took notice of the blood on your shirt, his face scrunching up immediately. “I’m sorry, have we met? Because you don’t look familiar…” The other guard looked back to the woman. “You’re making a big mistake,” he said quietly. “I don’t make mistakes,” she replied robotically. The Shell members both pulled out guns and cocked them. “If you don’t think we haven’t done this song and dance dozens of times before, you’ve got another thing coming. Now. The Shells will make sure you are comfortable, and you will be well compensated for your work. So, last chance.” The one who had questioned you turned his gun on you and pointed it at your face. “Your lack of a response to this is all I needed to know to confirm my suspicions. I’ve never seen this guy around here before, Cecil. What do you think we should do about that?” the Shell asked his partner. “I think you know exactly what to do about that, Carlos. Now,” the man named Cecil turned back to the mystery trainer and pointed the gun directly at her face, “your Trevenant is going to join us, with or without you. You have five seconds to rethink your answer.” The woman remained silent. Cecil cocked his gun, locking a bullet into the chamber. “Don’t make me do this. Don’t make me do to you what we had to do to that Krokorok’s trainer. We’re going to have to repaint the walls again..”

Suddenly, the room began to shake violently. Everything vibrated intensely, and the guards looked at each other in confusion. The fridge door unlatched and began to open and shut rhythmically, and the lights hanging from the ceiling began to swing back and forth. The guards looked around the room with befuddled faces as though they had never experienced an earthquake before. Without hesitation, the woman palmed Cecil’s wrist hard with her right hand, and pushing the barrel of his gun away from her with her left, knocking it loose and into her own grasp as she quickly pirouetted behind the stunned guard and put the gun to his temple. “Drop your weapon! Drop it now or he dies!” The shaking subsided suddenly, going almost as quickly as it came. Carlos shook slightly, his eyes wide at what had just happened. His hand shook in anxiety as he slowly lowered the gun to the ground and dropped it pathetically. The woman looked to you angrily. “What the hell are you waiting for? Don’t just stand there! And help me come up with a plan while you're at it, you obviously know why we're here!”
Almost as soon as the guard lowered down his gun while the woman addressed the incognito dragon tamer, Duke sprang into action, taking hold of his pokeball in a swift motion and releasing its content towards Carlos while instructing a simple and straightforward order.

"Hawlucha, Karate Chop!"

The intent was clear. Though the thug was effectively disarmed, he posed a threat as long as he remained conscious, and thus, the moment he laid down his weapon was the ideal time to strike. They only needed one of them to hold any form of interrogation, and that one was already being nicely held at gunpoint by the arena's newest champion. He hoped the maneuver would suffice to incapacitate the other one, though, not one to leave things to chance, Duke also ducked for the gun while priming himself to relay a second attacking order if necessary.

Should things go as planned, Duke had already some sort of plan of action in the works while the exchange at the lounge transpired, even though he at first wasn't entirely sure how the woman would play into it. In short, it went as followed:

Step 1: Secure the area. This stage was already in motion, and once the thugs were dealt with, he would make sure to get hold of the keys and lock the door from within in order to buy some time should more guards try to make their way in.

Step 2: Collect data. By all means necessary. It wasn't enough to just reclaim the area for the people, but they also needed to know how to stop any future plan as well. For this purpose, Duke wasn't uncomfortable with showing a bit of brutality during questioning, as long as it provided results, and fast ones at that. A deeper inspection of the vault would also be necessary.

Step 3: Radiocall for assistance and to report findings, then proceed to raid the rest of the operation. His cover was almost entirely blown by this point, which meant that trying to keep his identity hidden for a bit to be an almost pointless endeavor (though there could be a fringe scenario where he could potentially fake out another incoming guard by momentarily pretending to be in conflict with the other trainer, a thing which might not be too unlikely). It was at this point, thus, that they needed to apprehend as many Shells as possible, and in the process locate and subdue the joint's administrator before he had a chance to escape. Orchrist would be instrumental in order to achieve this goal, and Duke had a mind to keep his trump card hidden, even from his ally if possible, in order to maintain an edge over the trails that where to come.
__________________

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:38 PM   #163
JikuAraiguma
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2
Quote:
Bedlam Quarry (Neutral): Hotly contested by both the Marshals and the Ribs, the Goldenridge Quarry is the source of the gold and minerals that gave life to the town, and as such is highly valued as a source of funding for all groups. Found in the north-east, the open-cast mine goes deep into the mountainside, and there are still riches to be found as long as one is careful given the turmoil within. The miners have since fled, with only the foolhardiest and toughest remaining to maintain the machinery and extract minerals. The mountainous terrain is a haven to pokemon who enjoy the rocky locale, and there have been sightings of greedy pokemon too. Reply in Beige.
Shadows of afternoon stretch down from up above across cold earth. Low gusts of wind whip past Ken Hokuto as he and his companion - faithful Jotaro, a Pancham - walk casually into what is locally known as Bedlam Quarry. He muttered under his breath with words of frustration towards his superiors and his orders. Peacekeepers of this world, his superiors sent him to this place on a top secret mission with next to nothing to work with; no contacts, no supplies, no leads, he may as well not even know his reason for being here. For all he knew, they just became sick of him and sent him on a wild Swanna chase.

All that he was told was a general reason for being in this seemingly desolate land, which made those deserts of Orre seem like a paradise, and that many lives were at stake. "Good grief," he groaned aloud. Jotaro nodded in agreement. "Cham..." Perhaps they sent him here as a punishment for his behavior during his training at the academy. Perhaps it was how he had talked back at his superior on his first mission those few months ago. Perhaps he was his superiors knew as little about this situation as he did, and couldn't tell him more even if they wanted to. Perhaps he was overthinking it, and should focus on his mission.

Yes, his all important mission, with an entire world's fate in tow, was... His attention is caught by something just out of sight in his peripherals which interrupts his train of thought. Ken moves into a fight ready stance as he jumps back away from whatever drew his attention. Jotaro mimics his owner's movements and prepares to fight as well. He growls low. Ken and Jotaro ready themselves for whatever may be out there. Even if it was nothing but a gust of wind and an overreaction, it would still be better than getting caught off guard.
JikuAraiguma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:06 AM   #164
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
BEDLAM RIDGE
The Temporary City Zone


Areas:

Marshal's Headquarters (Marshals): Situated in the relatively stable north, the headquarters of the police force is a large compound with tight security, home to the Goldenridge Marshals in their fight to restore the name of Goldenridge to bedlam. The force has recently started a campaign against the Shells and Ribs, seeking to push them out of the city once and for all, and are willing to accept mercenary support from trainers willing to help out in the fight. The reinforced location seems to be more attractive to pokemon who enjoy a sense of justice and honour. Reply in Silver.
Amicae Schmeltzer didn't exactly have a whole lot of information to work with when she was told to visit the recently rechristened Bedlam Ridge outside of there being two gangs and quite a few trainers potentially working against them. She naturally wished her informant had given more information, but he had his own criminal organization to deal with and had already wasted a good deal of his time on her. Still, the travel time from there to here had allowed her to do a little research on the way, so she wasn't at a complete loss as she walked up the steps of the Marshals' Headquarters building.

The building itself was every bit as imposing as the hooligans beyond were sure to see the people within as, that's for sure. Large and sterile looking, there was a clear air of control about it that gave any normal person passing by the sense of being in good hands. Of course, that also came prebundled with the sense of inferiority, but the girl didn't have time to dwell on such matters. She was here to help regardless of her actual power level. Besides, this was a perfect sort of situation for Glimmerwood to use her talents somehow, so she was certain that she'd get something out of this trip in the long run.

She walked up to the front desk. "Excuse me, I was wondering where you could use some assistance with the current gang problem?" Maybe that wasn't the most tactful way to put it, but she didn't care about that too much. It's not like she was trying to have an attitude, after all.
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:12 AM   #165
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Gary craned his neck as he wandered through the neighborhood known as Shanty Heights of Goldenridge City. It was a desolate area that was ravaged by civil unrest and gang warfare. He gazed up and down the street, taking in the dilapidated buildings. Gary was no philanthropist and he was no social activist, but upon returning to the region of Fizzytopia and learning of this ravaged city, he felt compelled to check things out and see for himself. He was unsure of where to start in this vast city, but the Shanty Heights seemed like a good place to start.

On the other hand, despite all of the years of travels he had spent in Fizzytopia, Gary had spent a very seldom amount of that time in an urbanized area. The vast majority of Gary’s travels had been in some forest, lake, river, island, or whatnot, so the idea of exploring this area greatly appealed to the adventurer in Gary. And while Gary selected one of the safer areas of Goldenridge City to explore, he was well aware of the constant fighting between the two rivaling gangs that he had heard about. Keeping that in mind, he was ready to call upon his trusted Pokemon if the situation ever called for them.

Turning his attention back to the street around him, Gary looked to see if he could find a good starting point for his journey. Maybe some kind of park or something where perhaps he could see what kind of local wildlife could be found here.
You walk the streets of Shanty Heights with an air of caution about yourself. This part of the city was a center of conflict, where the two gangs who fight for control of the city duke it out. The buildings wore scars from the conflict, shattered windows and broken boards were noticeable on just about every one of them. More worn than the builds however were the people, the lower class citizens had been beaten and broken into submission, constantly under a state a fear. No children played in the streets, their parents smart enough to keep them under supervision at all times. You make your way through the area and eventually you spot some greenery in the distance and weave your way towards it.

A small park provides a relief from the beaten down surrounds. Trees sectioned off the area, the grass was thick and untended, reaching up to your knees. You notice a few Pokemon moving through the trees, a Meowth scampers through the branches of a nearby tree, startling a trio of Pidove which quickly take flight across to the other side of the park before roosting once more. Relaxing on the branch of an old oak tree is an Abra, the Psychic type seems at ease despite the chaos that surrounds it. In the far corner of the park is a small jungle gym, sitting at the base of the slide is a young girl. Her head lays buried in her hands, her long brown hair flows down past her shoulders. She seems too young to be out by herself, especially in an area like this. Her head rises as she sits up, she spots you with her big blue eyes. Her eyes seem red and irritated, tears still soaked the skin of her cheeks. She had obviously been crying and she seemed to be alone, what could be wrong?
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:49 AM   #166
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
You walk the streets of Shanty Heights with an air of caution about yourself. This part of the city was a center of conflict, where the two gangs who fight for control of the city duke it out. The buildings wore scars from the conflict, shattered windows and broken boards were noticeable on just about every one of them. More worn than the builds however were the people, the lower class citizens had been beaten and broken into submission, constantly under a state a fear. No children played in the streets, their parents smart enough to keep them under supervision at all times. You make your way through the area and eventually you spot some greenery in the distance and weave your way towards it.

A small park provides a relief from the beaten down surrounds. Trees sectioned off the area, the grass was thick and untended, reaching up to your knees. You notice a few Pokemon moving through the trees, a Meowth scampers through the branches of a nearby tree, startling a trio of Pidove which quickly take flight across to the other side of the park before roosting once more. Relaxing on the branch of an old oak tree is an Abra, the Psychic type seems at ease despite the chaos that surrounds it. In the far corner of the park is a small jungle gym, sitting at the base of the slide is a young girl. Her head lays buried in her hands, her long brown hair flows down past her shoulders. She seems too young to be out by herself, especially in an area like this. Her head rises as she sits up, she spots you with her big blue eyes. Her eyes seem red and irritated, tears still soaked the skin of her cheeks. She had obviously been crying and she seemed to be alone, what could be wrong?
It had taken Gary a short while of wandering up and down the downtrodden streets of Shanty Heights until he found a place of interest; an old abandoned park next to an apartment complex. As he made his way down the fractured sidewalk and approached the small rundown park, Gary could see that the lack of maintenance had resulted in an overgrowth of vegetation. A wall of trees seemed to border off the park from the troubled outside world, their roots ripping through and cracking the concrete below. A myriad of weeds filled in the gaps, making their best effort to utilize every ounce of available soil.

As Gary entered the park and looked around, he noticed a few species of Pokemon who had made this park their home, including a Meowth, some Pidove, and a lone Abra that was quietly dozing. Gary left the Pokemon alone in their natural environment as he proceeded further into the park. In this park where nature seemed to have taken over, there were a few remnants of human civilization, including a small jungle gym that was covered in rust. It was there that Gary noticed a very young girl with long brown hair sitting at the bottom of the slide, her blue eyes turned puffy and pink from crying.

Upon seeing such a sight, Gary instantly headed over to her, unable to leave such a small child by herself. “Hi there,” he called out to her softly and in a quiet voice as to not scare her, “Is everything alright? Are you lost? My name is Gary, I can help you.” He smiled at the young girl, hoping he was able to calm her down.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR: -
II:
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:58 AM   #167
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
Amicae Schmeltzer didn't exactly have a whole lot of information to work with when she was told to visit the recently rechristened Bedlam Ridge outside of there being two gangs and quite a few trainers potentially working against them. She naturally wished her informant had given more information, but he had his own criminal organization to deal with and had already wasted a good deal of his time on her. Still, the travel time from there to here had allowed her to do a little research on the way, so she wasn't at a complete loss as she walked up the steps of the Marshals' Headquarters building.

The building itself was every bit as imposing as the hooligans beyond were sure to see the people within as, that's for sure. Large and sterile looking, there was a clear air of control about it that gave any normal person passing by the sense of being in good hands. Of course, that also came prebundled with the sense of inferiority, but the girl didn't have time to dwell on such matters. She was here to help regardless of her actual power level. Besides, this was a perfect sort of situation for Glimmerwood to use her talents somehow, so she was certain that she'd get something out of this trip in the long run.

She walked up to the front desk. "Excuse me, I was wondering where you could use some assistance with the current gang problem?" Maybe that wasn't the most tactful way to put it, but she didn't care about that too much. It's not like she was trying to have an attitude, after all.


Median Dia- Ami made her way through the war torn streets of Bedlam, weaving her way through the torment and destruction as she heads for the city's beacon of hope, the Marshal Headquarters. The Marshal's were the only thing prevent the city from turning into a complete war zone, only they had the power to keep the Shells and Ribs from taking control. Lending aid in the fight was a valiant endeavour, one you were intent to follow despite your inexperience.

Upon arriving at the headquarters, you make your way inside to find the station in a state of turmoil. Officers were fighting to drag a bunch of Ribs into a holding cell, while some Shells in an adjacent cell are shaking the bars as they shout slurs at the top of their lungs. They soon wrangle them into the cells and make their way out of the room, closing the door behind them which thankfully cuts out most of the noise. The officers breath a sigh of relief as they make their way towards the break room, likely to warm themselves with a strong mug of coffee.

A worn down, middle aged woman waits impatiently for you at the front desk, she adjusts her glasses as she sizes you up. "Many look to help but most aren't capable, what makes you think you can help here?" The woman was blunt and to the point, although her point was rather fair. "Eh, who am I to judge, let me get the recruitment officer in here." The woman picks up a phone and puts it to her ear before dialing in an extension number, "yeah Derek, it's Cathy. Yeah I have to go see the doctor about it again tomorrow, he thinks it might be infected. Anyways, I have a fresh one here, should I send her through? Yeah she isn't too bad, wouldn't have held a candle to me in my prime though. Rightio, I will send her through." Cathy hangs up the phone and roughly points down the hall. "First door on your right down that hall, good luck."

Following Cathy's directions you arrive at a door marked 'Recruitment Officer'. You knock and a voice beckons you in. A gruff looking man sits behind a large oak desk. The room is hazy and reeks of cigarette smoke, the man discards his cigarette into an ashtray as he directs you to a seat. You sit in awkward silence for a moment before the man coughs and starts talking. "Right, I'm Officer Derek, in charge of recruitment and so forth. You have the right look for a sting I have in mind, I will give you the gist of it and you can let me know if you're up for it. Local deadbeats who are looking to join one of the gangs have been competing in an underground Pokemon fighting ring. It works perfectly, competitors display their skills, earn themselves some cred and then they get offers from the gangs to join. I want you to go undercover as and battle your way to the top, hopefully it should draw in some of higher ups from the Ribs and Shells. If you can get a lock on any big names than all you have to do is radio in and we will rush the place and take them down. What do you think? Are you capable of that?"


Sandaa- You make your way towards the distraught young girl, but as you approach she scurries back up the worn out slide. She remains perched at the top of the slide as you reach the bottom, you can now clearly see the fear in her eyes. Her dress was worn and dirty, it looked like it had been hastily repaired on multiple occasions. Her feet were bare and caked in dirt, just how long had this girl been out here? You speak calmly and with compassion, which seems to put the girl somewhat at ease.

"Hi, I'm Jenny", the young girl stutters a bit as she talks, most likely due to nerves. "I can't find my daddy, he went away two days ago and he hasn't come back." She starts to tear up again but quickly wipes them away as she continues to talk. "Our house and a couple of others got broke in a fight the other day. Daddy and his friends were upset and angry at the gangs, they said it was time to fight. I'm worried they hurt him." Jenny buries her head in her hands as she begins to cry uncontrollably. Her chest heaving as she sobs, she cries out at you to help her, "please mister Gary, can you help me find my daddy. Last time I saw him he was going to the pub down the street, the Drunken Druddigon." While she didn't seem to be calming down, at least you now knew what was wrong and had a lead on how to resolve the situation.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:53 AM   #168
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 199
Kyuu-Tales: Wandering about, Goldenridge lived up to every one of your expectations - it's just a shame they were set so low. Entering the city from the south, you find your surroundings dominated by the decrepit and dilapidated. Boarded-up husks of family homes and community stores, abandoned as the gang in-fighting grew more constant and much more vicious. Dying flora, in badly need of water and care. And of course, the malnourished fauna. You see the occasional person pass by you, faces gaunt from the struggle of finding their next meal. More than one shies away from you and Seiza, gaze distrustful at the sight of an obvious newcomer to the city. At one point a Litten scampers by, hissing fiercely as it nears you. Even if you'd have liked to, it wouldn't have welcomed any advances.

Uninterested in looting the ramshackle buildings, you continue further into the city. Slowly you and Seiza work your way to the north, towards the area of town you've heard to be mostly untouched by the three-way city conflict. As you go, you notice that for every run-down residence, you start to see two or three still in use, even if just barely. Gradually your surroundings become more respectable, less like the anarchic capital of the region and more like a city you could picture in any other area of the world, all thanks to the rigid and militaristic compound cresting the northern horizon. That's not your destination though. You want to get as far away from these gang wars as possible, and if that means slumming it with stuffy nobles, so be it.

Soon enough, you find yourself standing before the gilded gates that shield Crystal Grove from the chaos beyond. You venture in, immediately feeling out of place amidst the decadent surroundings. Beautifully built buildings of marble and granite line the streets, accompanied by lush gardens so perfect and well-maintained they wouldn't look out of place in a home-garden magazine. Around you, Pokémon thrive, unaffected by any of the conflict outside the walls. A Torterra - trainer owned, you imagine - suns itself lazily in one yard, itself offering shade to a sleepy Swadloon. Butterfree drift through the air from yard to yard in search of precious honey. As you pass, you see one get lucky with a small hive just before a swarm of Combee chase the intruder away. At one intersection, you even see an artificial waterfall cascade down a manmade hill, creating a decently sized pond for Pokémon to soak in.

Still, as lovely as everything is this too isn't what you had in mind. You head south, away from the residential areas and their rich occupants. Some might be kind, to be sure, but from what you've heard more are interested in luring unsuspecting trainers to solve their problems for them - usually at the cost of tangling with one or more of the local gangs. The streets begin thinning, vegetation replacing the grandiose homes. You're still within the walls of Crystal Grove, but now on the southern edges of the community, on the outskirts of what might be considered forest area in any other location. Soon enough, the city noise falls away, and it is just you, your Bronzor, and the soft murmur of nature.

Eventually, you pause in a small clearing for a moment's rest - and for a chance to take in your surroundings. In your cursory look, nothing seems out of the ordinary, but a look at your partner changes that. A glimmer of color reflects off the Bronzor's surface, which you're able to trace back to small clusters of crystal gathering at the roots of trees across the clearing. Your eyes widen in surprise, both at the appearance of the crystal itself and its sheer beauty.

You find yourself drawn to the crystals, moving out of the clearing and deeper into the grove. With every passing tree you see more clusters, first at the roots as before, but soon they grow taller... and taller... and eventually you see crystal spires intermixed with the greenery, some even intertwining with the trees in gorgeous displays. For a moment, you can't help but wonder if this was the inspiration for the area's name.

As you are distracted by the beautiful scenery, your choice of partner pays off. From the second you cross the threshold of those first crystal clusters, the Psychic-type feels a soft prickle of unease not its own. More annoying than anything, at first, this unease grows with each step you take. By the time you've reached the spires, it has morphed into full panic - but only for the briefest of moments. Before Seiza can pinpoint a source, the emotion is eclipsed by one far stronger: untempered rage. Slowly, the Bronzor rotates in midair, gazing blankly off into the trees. It can't tell where - the wave of emotion is too strong, too blinding for any sense of accuracy - but it can sense at least one being watching you.

And whatever it is? It's not happy.

(Declared 1/6: Bronzor)


JikuAraiguma: Rocks.

Gazing up and around from the bowl of the Bedlam Quarry, outside of a few random pieces excavating machinery and scattered tunnel entrances, there's only one thing that stands out: the abundance of goddamned rocks.

During the uneventful trek from the quarry's rim, you had ample time to reflect on your mission orders - or rather, the lack thereof. Your briefing, if it could even be called that, had truly lived up to its name. A single call over your secured communications line, you'd been told to report to the Bedlam Quarry. Reportedly, a meeting would be taking place, the consequences of which would endanger numerous lives both in Goldenridge and eventually the entire region, perhaps even the world. (It was hard to tell, to be truthful, when your superiors were engaging in hyperbole.) You were to observe, entrap, and arrest all involved. Overall, the briefing had lasted maybe five minutes before you were packing up for the journey to Goldenridge. As you reflected why you were chosen, you pondered that maybe you were just the best located agent, already in Fizzitopia. Maybe your superiors were punishing you, for any number of minor infractions. Maybe they truly were as in the dark as you. ...Maybe, you were just overthinking things.

Regardless, here you were, craggy walls on all sides. You had no one to contact for information, no supplies other than the general gear you kept on your person, no leads of any sort. Wandering about in the heavy mid-day heat with no end goal in sight, you began to doubt whether there was even a mission at all.

You shake out your head, chasing those thoughts away. Whether there was a mission or not, if there was the slightest chance it existed, you needed to complete it to your best ability-

As sudden movement clears every thought from your mind. Instinctively, you move into your fighting stance, ready for any possible enemy. At your side, Jotaro the Pancham copies your movements, letting loose a low growl, teeth clenched around his leaf. A tense few seconds pass as you wait at the ready... only to see a small tumbleweed roll out from behind a bend in the quarry. You and Jotaro both relax at the presence of the non-threat, only to tense back up as the wind carries hushed voices to your ears. No more than unintelligible murmuring at this current moment, you have no idea what is being said or who says it. There seem to be two distinct voices, possibly male but you’re not certain, and they seem to be approaching you. Otherwise, you're not able to pick out any details.

You look around at your surroundings much more closely. In the walls immediately to your right, there are a few crevices probably wide enough to shimmy into and hide. It'd be a tight fit, if you fit, but hidden in shadow you would be very hard to notice. Likewise, to your left, a farther distance away, there's a large tunnel opening in the quarry wall. Shored up with wooden beams, it looks semi-frequently used, but you'd definitely fit inside.

As the voices grow nearer, you need to make a decision. Will you try to hide and conduct reconnaissance? If so where? Or, will you just stay put, confront whoever approaches head-on? Who knows, they might be friendly.

The choice is yours.

Choose wisely, agent.

(Declared 1/6: Pancham)

Last edited by Rotom310; 06-22-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:21 AM   #169
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- You make your way towards the distraught young girl, but as you approach she scurries back up the worn out slide. She remains perched at the top of the slide as you reach the bottom, you can now clearly see the fear in her eyes. Her dress was worn and dirty, it looked like it had been hastily repaired on multiple occasions. Her feet were bare and caked in dirt, just how long had this girl been out here? You speak calmly and with compassion, which seems to put the girl somewhat at ease.

"Hi, I'm Jenny", the young girl stutters a bit as she talks, most likely due to nerves. "I can't find my daddy, he went away two days ago and he hasn't come back." She starts to tear up again but quickly wipes them away as she continues to talk. "Our house and a couple of others got broke in a fight the other day. Daddy and his friends were upset and angry at the gangs, they said it was time to fight. I'm worried they hurt him." Jenny buries her head in her hands as she begins to cry uncontrollably. Her chest heaving as she sobs, she cries out at you to help her, "please mister Gary, can you help me find my daddy. Last time I saw him he was going to the pub down the street, the Drunken Druddigon." While she didn't seem to be calming down, at least you now knew what was wrong and had a lead on how to resolve the situation.
As he introduced himself to the young girl, Gary watched as she cautiously cowered away from him at first. However, as he proved to be a harmless acquaintance to her, the small girl nervously introduced herself as Jenny. When Gary asked her if she was lost, Jenny replied that her father had left two days prior and still had yet to return home. As Jenny speculates that a gang possibly took her father, she began to sob uncontrollably.

Between sniffles, Jenny pleaded for Gary to help track her father down. Gary considered himself pretty decent at handling children from his previous job as a tour guide and educator at the Marine Tube in Unova. “There, there,” Gary responded, kneeling down to her eye level and holding out a hand for the girl to take. “Don’t worry, how about we go looking for your dad together, okay?” Seeing the young girl in this state, there was no way in hell he could leave her alone here as he searched for her father. Hoping to calm her down some more, Gary listened intently as Jenny recounted the last time she had seen her dad. He had told her that he was going to a pub down the street from their home, named the Drunken Druddigon.

Gary looked up and around at their surroundings. They were still in the overgrown park, so it was hard to see the buildings on the street through the foliage. Likewise, he had little idea where Jenny’s home was, nor this Drunken Druddigon pub, so getting some directions would be in order. “Hey Jenny,” he called out softly to get her attention and keep her focused on the task at hand. “Do you think you could show me the way to the Drunken Druddigon?” He had apprehension about bringing a young girl to a pub, but desperate times called for desperate measures, especially when it could lead to a clue about her missing father.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR: -
II:
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:26 AM   #170
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,994
Sandaa-As you drop to your knees to make yourself seem less intimidating and more approachable, Jenny relaxes a bit as she rubs her eyes dry. She slips down the slide, coming to a stop mere inches from your face, she can't help but giggle as you flinch and stumble backwards. You pick yourself up and dust yourself off, at least you had managed to brighten her mood slightly.

"I can take you Mister Gary, do you think you can find daddy?" Jenny quickly leaps to her feet and begins to rush through the grass that almost reaches her chest. You pursue, her not to keen to lose track of her now. She leads you back out onto the street before breaking off to the right and down a narrow street. Her destination becomes clear as you near the end of the street, a large sign depicts a slumped over Druddigon grasping a tankard of ale, this was clearly the Drunken Druddigon. Unfortunately Jenny doesn't stop at the front door, instead she bursts through it, entering the establishment before you can bring her to a halt.

"I told you not to come back in here", a gruff voice meets the young girl as she enters, it seems this wasn't the first time she had come here in search of her father. As you look around the bar, it was obvious that it saw its fair share of business. Still fairly early in the morning, the bar still wore the remains of the previous night's exploits. Half full tankards of ale lay scattered around the room, a few broken glasses and some overturned furniture marked the site of a scuffle. Scraps of food lay discard on the floor and the room possessed a foul odour, courtesy of the yeasty beer no doubt. A well endowed barmaid does her best to clear away the mess, although she is on her last legs if the dark bags under her eyes are anything to go off. A rough old bartender resides behind the bar, he scrubs at the bar with a filthy looking rag, leaving you to wonder whether he was making it cleaner or dirtier. He looks you over with a discerning eye, "so who are you then?"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:47 AM   #171
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,987
Apologies for the waits on these ones - note that I am also taking Maserkade on as an updatee, he just wants to adjust his opening post which is why I haven't updated him just yet. I'm also temporarily taking over Heather and Neverthrive's adventures from Whimsy for the time being, so expect updates on those soon enough!

Meetan: Before Terry can respond with anything, you see one of his friends - a young girl - poke her head around the corner at the end of the alleyway, excitedly calling to the rest of the group before rushing towards the young boy. It is clear that she is sympathetic, her eyes wide with upset and gingerly glancing up at you now and then, and as the rest of the group finally crowd round Terry - each ushering their own words of encouragement of consolation - it becomes evident that they have a rather tight sense of camaraderie, even despite the tough conditions they were being forced to exist within. Finally managing to garner some sense of control over the murmurings of his friends, Terry turns back towards you, having gathered as much useful information as he could.

"It sounds like the older boy has a brother who is with the Ribs ... I have no idea why, but he wants to join them. Probably so he can keep picking on people like me. Anyway, Janie says that she has an idea where they are, but we'll have to be quiet and try sneaking up on them. They're with a group."

As if on cue, one of the youngest girls separates herself from the crowd to stand before you, uneasily shifting from foot to foot. Her hair was pulled into two rather messy pigtails, and her dress was frayed around the edges but in slightly better condition than the clothing of her other friends around her. Thrusting out a small, thin arm, she looks up at you, having found some sort of determined resolve.

"H-hi. My name is Janie. I-if I show you where they are, can you help Muddy?"


PikaGod: The young girl looked up at you with an admiration in her eyes before nodding resolutely, rushing towards a nearby pole. While it would have normally done little to conceal someone, her slight frame allows her to hide rather amply behind it, and you shuffle to one side to ensure that any peering eyes don't manage to spot the young girl cowering behind it. As you wait like this, the voices slowly get louder, and it becomes evident that they are indeed searching for the young girl - one, seemingly the more dominant of the pair, was shouting at the other with a rather irate tone, questioning as to how he could allow such a small squirt to escape so easily. As he finishes this berating, the pair round the corner, allowing you your first glimpse of those chasing the girl.

One of the two was much larger than the other - having a stature not dissimilar to that of the detective who had assigned you patrol duties. His stomach bulged behind ill fitting clothes, every aspect of him simply screaming disgust. His greasy hair was slicked back as best as he could manage, forced under a cap which struggled to contain the length. Despite his obvious obesity, he still stood to be physically imposing, especially when in comparison to his sidekick. This man was much slighter in every imaginable way - shorter, slimmer, possessing beady eyes which were shiftily peering around the surroundings with an uncertain anxiety, awkwardly contrasted with the cocksure confidence with which the tubbier one held himself. On seeing you, the larger man grins wide, an obvious interest coming to mind. Lumbering forwards, he towers over you. leaning against the nearby wall.

"Well then, what do we have here? Little miss like you shouldn't be wandering these streets alone. Mayhap she come into some line of trouble."


Deoxys: On the offer of water, the young woman eagerly takes the bottle from your hand, looking somewhat sheepish as she realises she essentially snatched the bottle from you. Still, she twists the cap undone, gulping large amounts of water - it was clear from her reaction that she was parched. As she finishes her fill, she pants a little, before capping the bottle once again and setting it down on the ground. Stretching a little, working out some of the apparent stiffness in her body, she finally sighs, a troubled expression upon her brow.

"My name - of what I remember - is Samantha. I remember coming here intrigued about the stories of the place - I love things like that, the supernatural , there's a certain dangerous thrill to it."

Her eyes lit up at this point, her enthusiasm evidently sincere. Still, the grim air soon returns to her, and she bites her bottom lip, straining to remember anything beyond that. You can almost feel the palpable grind of the gears of her brain clicking into motion, but it was even more clear that she wasn't getting much further with her train of thought. Finally looking back to you, directly in the eyes this time, she shakes her head.

"I ... I can't remember anything more than that. I wouldn't even go as far as to say that is a real memory ... it feels more vague than that, more of a feeling than any solid recollection. I wish I could help more - for my own sake as well as yours - but I can't bring anything to mind."

As she faces this defeat, her entire body slumps somewhat, and almost as if to punctuate this deflating ... the grinding starts once again, echoing down the hall.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #172
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post

Median Dia- Ami made her way through the war torn streets of Bedlam, weaving her way through the torment and destruction as she heads for the city's beacon of hope, the Marshal Headquarters. The Marshal's were the only thing prevent the city from turning into a complete war zone, only they had the power to keep the Shells and Ribs from taking control. Lending aid in the fight was a valiant endeavour, one you were intent to follow despite your inexperience.

Upon arriving at the headquarters, you make your way inside to find the station in a state of turmoil. Officers were fighting to drag a bunch of Ribs into a holding cell, while some Shells in an adjacent cell are shaking the bars as they shout slurs at the top of their lungs. They soon wrangle them into the cells and make their way out of the room, closing the door behind them which thankfully cuts out most of the noise. The officers breath a sigh of relief as they make their way towards the break room, likely to warm themselves with a strong mug of coffee.

A worn down, middle aged woman waits impatiently for you at the front desk, she adjusts her glasses as she sizes you up. "Many look to help but most aren't capable, what makes you think you can help here?" The woman was blunt and to the point, although her point was rather fair. "Eh, who am I to judge, let me get the recruitment officer in here." The woman picks up a phone and puts it to her ear before dialing in an extension number, "yeah Derek, it's Cathy. Yeah I have to go see the doctor about it again tomorrow, he thinks it might be infected. Anyways, I have a fresh one here, should I send her through? Yeah she isn't too bad, wouldn't have held a candle to me in my prime though. Rightio, I will send her through." Cathy hangs up the phone and roughly points down the hall. "First door on your right down that hall, good luck."

Following Cathy's directions you arrive at a door marked 'Recruitment Officer'. You knock and a voice beckons you in. A gruff looking man sits behind a large oak desk. The room is hazy and reeks of cigarette smoke, the man discards his cigarette into an ashtray as he directs you to a seat. You sit in awkward silence for a moment before the man coughs and starts talking. "Right, I'm Officer Derek, in charge of recruitment and so forth. You have the right look for a sting I have in mind, I will give you the gist of it and you can let me know if you're up for it. Local deadbeats who are looking to join one of the gangs have been competing in an underground Pokemon fighting ring. It works perfectly, competitors display their skills, earn themselves some cred and then they get offers from the gangs to join. I want you to go undercover as and battle your way to the top, hopefully it should draw in some of higher ups from the Ribs and Shells. If you can get a lock on any big names than all you have to do is radio in and we will rush the place and take them down. What do you think? Are you capable of that?"

Ami had apparently arrived on the tail end of a raid, judging from all the obscenities being thrown about off to the side. Sure enough, not all of them were directed at the officers: a group of people already behind bars were aiming their particular brand of distaste at the newcomers in blue. It was certainly clear that the two groups were from the rival gangs. What caused this kind of hatred, anyway?

As much as the sneak preview regarding the type of people she'd be dealing with later, they weren't who she needed to focus on now. She refocused on the task at hand and made it to the desk... and was immediately judged heavily by the woman at the desk. 'She's not someone very popular at parties these days...' Ami thought to herself, trying to keep her doubts from swallowing her up and forcing her to quit. What's one bitter woman so close to retiring in the face a gang war, anyway?

"Eh, who am I to judge, let me get the recruitment officer in here." So she wasn't the recruiter herself? Ami sighed inwardly in relief as the secretary called the actual recruitment officer, apparently a man by the name of Derek. Finally, the croon hangs up the phone and says, "First door on your right down that hall, good luck." Ami nodded and headed in that direction with a quick "...thanks". Thank goodness that was over. Hopefully.

The first thing that hits her about the recruitment officer's office was the putrid stench of airborne carcinogens- or, as she actually knows it, cigarette smoke. The girl tried not to gag as she knocked on the door and was allowed inside. She managed to utter a quick "Hello" before she would wind up coughing up a storm through all of the second-hand smoke. Mr. Derek stayed similarly quiet for some reason, which seemed to give a slight air of unfamiliarity with his job.

Finally, he spoke up, and gave a brief description of the mission he had in mind: infiltrate an underground battle ring, fight her way to the top, and ping in any big shot names she can pick up along the way. Ami hadn't expected a loose tournament type deal to come up during this endeavor, but she wasn't going to complain either. She had wanted her pokemon to grow strong enough to handle most threats on her life later on down the road, and it seemed to her that a few quick battles in a stressful environment was a pretty good way to do that! "I think I can handle that. Just point me in the right direction and get me a decent radio or something to send you my finds, and I'll do my best to handle the rest!"

...Why was this smoke so terrible?
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:03 PM   #173
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,377
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: The disadvantages of being a pokemon: no bag, no items, no remedy for the paralysis plagueing Chex. Not to be deterred, you give the orders to prepare for the glowing attack to the Scizor while enquiring to Neemee what they could do to support him. Gritting teeth, the insect shakes his wings as the Nosepass generates crystalline objects around it like gems before unleashing a score of powerful beams from them towards the Scizor, who fights to move...and succeeds to some extent, agilely darting forward as he takes only the brunt of the beams to the irritance of the nose.

"Me-me cannot help for me-me has no self...with no self, me-me cannot use me-me's powers! All me-me can do is watch!" Neemee squeaks, the Nosepass turning towards the stranger before looking oddly confused, as though charmed by the whimsical figure. This is enough opportunity for Chex to strike, only to stumble in paralysis as his legs refuse to work, preventing the bug bite from working. The clank grabs the Nosepass' attention once again, however, the rock type plodding forth to swing his stubby limb round at Chex's midriff, to your horror wreathed in fire as the close range punch connects, the Scizor screaming from the doubly effective hit despite the reduction in attack. The pain is enough to force the Scizor to defy the paralysis once more, slamming his metallic claw into the Compass pokemon, managing to catch it off balance and toppling it over. Grunting, the rock type struggles on the ground trying to self-right as Chex examines the damage done, still faring better than his foe but the gap has closed noticably. The Nosepass is inconvenienced right now, however, and capitalising on the vulnerability would be advised as your companion bobs up and down a little in excitement.
As Michael worried about Chex's status condition, with nothing on hand to cure it, he turns to Neemee, hoping they could at least do something about it. "Me-me cannot help for me-me has no self," they explained. "With no self, me-me cannot use me-me's powers! All me-me can do is watch!"
"No self?" Michael wondered. "So does that mean...you have no identity? Or are you missing something else?" This was a particularly odd entity, he had never heard of a ghost that required an identity to do anything. Sure, there was amnesia--that's fairly common among Ghost Pokemon with past lives--but that didn't inhibit their powers in any way. In any case, all Michael and Neemee could do was watch and hope their Scizor friend would figure out a way out of his situation all on his own.

Thankfully, Chex's Agility was unhindered by his Paralysis, and he was able to partially dodge the Nosepass's Power Gem attack, but his debilitating condition locked him up after that, leaving him unable to attack right after that. Worse still, Nosepass, despite being distracted by Neemee's somehow Charming body, was able to take a free attack against Chex, and the scary part about that Punch was that it was a Fire-type attack, dealing a massive chunk of damage to his torso, leaving his chest a brighter red from the heat for a bit. Chex is at least able to recover from this blow for the next attack, as another Metal Claw impacts and knocks it over, leaving it prone while Neemee cheered on.

Michael had to order quickly if they wanted to take advantage of Nosepass's current predicament: "Quick, Chex, while it's down, let's tear into it! Another Metal Claw, followed by Bullet Punch, then try to finish it with a Steel Wing!"
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:08 PM   #174
Raves
...try a little harder.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,540
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
A dream catcher's net snares even the most wayward of thoughts.

Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: Pushing aside the moral obligations of your choices, the arrival of four more opponents means the business of pushing the rats back is more vital than ever. As the first few rodents rush up to Marvolo, the Seviper is ready for them, swinging tail around and knocking their leaps back, sending them either rolling through the noxious sludge or into the walls brutally, the initial wave of survivors is kept at bay easily enough. Meowth also has success with his lower number, a swift barrage of starry missiles peppering the Rattata, some having their fangs shatter from the technical accuracy, and what few get through promptly bite at the feline's legs, eliciting a yelp or two from him.

Still hungry, the Seviper's second wave of Rattata are thwarted in similar fashion to the first, with one or two of the foolhardy rodents ending up in the fangs of the serpent, but as the Raticate join the fray, you notice that while the fat rats are flanking round, the familiar normal Raticate are trudging through their offspring puddle, the venomous nature poisoning them as you recognise from experience their gutsy approach, not afraid to trample through the nastiest of puddles. Taking a stance, the emboldened brown rats rush headlong into Marv, who readies his tail steeped in poison...only for the alolan variants to quickly ambush him before he can swing, the one of the left catching him with a sucker punch while the rightmost one leaps onto the rear of the Seviper, quashing his offensive power while the poisoned rats wail on him with furious vigour, retaliating for the demise of their offspring and even with the difference in level Marvolo can only cry out in pain from the beating.

Meowth thankfully has his back, and turns around to launch a pulsating burst of water at the alolan holding his tail down, the surprise hit shocking the Raticate to let go as the Seviper thrusts his blade upwards into the side of the other fat rat, whose eyes dilate on being caught off guard and struck critically. The top half of it flops over backwards, followed by the rest of it as the rodent topples backwards, spine severed by the strike leaving it physically paralysed and completely helpless, out of commission. The sight of it is enough to send the few Rattata on Marvolo's side of the field scurrying away in fear leaving him with only the two poisoned Raticate and the one dripping wet rat, who snaps his jaws at your feline companion, a dark jolt of energy biting at him and shoving him back, before pointing at you with a hiss.

Looking behind you, you find that Meowth's group of Rattata can now be counted on your hands, with four of the normal and five of the alolan vermin remaining, all of which scramble over the woman and leap at you as you suddenly find them chomping painfully at your ankles and legs, trying to bring you down. As you attempt to shake them off, the woman stirs once more, before beginning to move with a faint groan, while you give a very quick once-over of your pokemon.

Meowth's taken a fair chunk of damage, and given his previous fight is starting to show signs of wear, but still out for blood, while Marvolo, having laughed off the pitiful damage from before, has taken two major knocks and currently getting up as the gutsy Raticate hunker down, ready to charge full force at him, and the one capable alolan staring down Meowth, as though making it personal. One of the Rattata nips you in the back of the shin and you almost fall, gasping in pain as you have this problem to deal with...


Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: If there was one thing Banette knew about, it was capitalising on weaknesses, and you were no different. With the Nosepass down, it was a case of putting him out, and Chex was certainly eager to do so, claw sheening a metallic grey as the Scizor pushes through paralysis once more to bring it down upon the Compass pokemon, knocking him down again as he almost manages to get up. Clearly frustrated, the rock type gives an angry grunt as the Scizor begins to pepper his face with punches launched rapidly like a hail of bullets, and as this occurs you notice the eyes of the moai seem to be relaxed, the pokemon beginning to glow as you realise very quickly what the Nosepass is trying to to: self destruct.

At this proximity, in this environment, it could very well bring the cave down upon you and Neemee, and you'd be deader than you currently are in your current form. Urging Chex, the Scizor locks up in paralysis once more as the glow intensifies, as Neemee's cheerful bobbing subsides, the stranger instead quivering in what seems to be fear. With your pleads, Chex struggles to get up, fighting through paralysis...and promptly swivels around, bringing his steel wing down onto the nose of the Nosepass, cracking into it before falling over onto all fours, the efforts of pushing through the paralysis taking it out on his energy as the Scizor pants. The Nosepass stops glowing, and simply keels over, giving a grumble as eyes swirl in defeat. Chex gained 1 level! Sprinting to your battered ally and helping him up, Neemee's quivering once more turns to gleeful bobbing.

"Me-me happy kyu beat pass-nose! Me-me can pass through ghost tunnel again with kyu, get self back! We go now, let pass-nose get better, and find cat bee homes soon!"

After getting your bearings, you continue down the tunnel with Neemee, following the figure round the turns and twists of the cave. Along the way, you find a couple of small gems loosened, and pocket them with the intent to sell them afterwards to a collector you know of not too far from Hyrem's base, estimating the value to be around $150. The tunnel heads further down, and as you start to find the air a little thicker, Neemee stops you at a point, motioning with their stick at a grate as big as the hole you entered the tunnels from, and the brickwork beyond. It seems the stranger's found you your way in, now you have your end of the bargain to keep.

(OOC: The gems you received have no use in the adventure, and are merely my excuse to avoid randomly finding pokedollars. You've effectively received the $150 there, claimable immediately.)


The Bastion of Vacuous Dreams.

KamenAeons
: The city in bedlam was not to your liking, but something otherworldly seemed to draw you to the marbled spire in the heart of the war torn land. Perhaps it was just to bring you a spark in your otherwise dull life, or something piqued your curiosity. Either way, you found yourself outside the bastion, your Vulpix recalled for her own safety, as much of an irony as it was given the reputation surrounding the fortress.

The doorway into the building was nothing out of the ordinary, and they opened with ease, giving you your first glimpse into the halls. Dust gathered on the floor and surfaces, and the entrance foyer held an air of purpose, of opulence. Your entry point appeared to be a staff entry, with a ledger to your right standing out, due to the complete lack of dust or mess around it, pages still as white as they were, untouched by time. Beside it, an ornate golden quill pen with inkwell stood, and you feel yourself drawn to the book.

Taking a cursory look, you find it to be a visitor's log, but with one key difference: besides the surname and forenames of each person, as well as date and time of entry and reason for visit, there is a column for value, whatever that meant. Skimming down the column, you find there's a pattern to the value, descending, and on quick calculation you realise that if you signed the book as shown by other visitors, your value, following the pattern, would be thirty seven.

Of course, you had no obligation whatsoever to sign the book, and the previous date of entry was roughly two years ago, but you had the feeling of being watched, and by refusing to sign, you've no idea what would happen. Still, it would be rude not to sign into the visitor's book, would it?

Crys: The Bastion of Vacuous Dreams had seen many enter its halls, but if buildings could show emotion, one would find it mildly surprised to see you arrive on its doorstep, a mere child draped in a blanket, accompanied by a similarly-attired creature. In Boop's defence though, she required her disguise due to being a Mimikyu, yet the wiser spook was what brought you to this gargantuan structure. Being a small girl, your flimsy frame is unable to push open the doors to what your first impressions likens to a dump, and the fairy has to assist in creating an entrance.

As you and Boop shuffle inside, the Mimikyu's words concerning energy strike you as you look around the building's interior, equally unimpressed. There was rubble everywhere, the place needed a proper clean, you were sure this would make your cunning spooky covering dirty and there was that great big slide over there.

Wait, what?

As Boop rubs her ghostly eyes with you, trying to make sense of the sight, the image was definitely clear to you. What appeared to be a sizable bar blocked the entrance to what was most certainly a very large slide, much like at a fairground, and with your eight year old mind, you're drawn towards it like a Venomoth to a Charizard's tail. Shuffling towards it, you pause as you find what appears to be a brown figure with a very large head and glowy spots for fingers floating there, about the same height as you, with what looks like a fancy coat. The figure hums, staring at you, then Boop, then you again, before adjusting its flotation from a slouch to a standing pose.

"It has been a while since we first had guests, youngster and companion. Are you by yourself, or do you...ah, never mind. You appear to be looking for something, are you?" the Beheyeem hums, voice in your mind confusing you a little. "Who would you two be, and what is it you are here for? Myself, I am Here, and I am looking for some of my friends who ventured down this slope here, who haven't came back up."

Here hovers before you, waiting for an answer, the psychic figure's eyes unblinking as they analyse you and Boop, and if manners are anything, replying to someone is always a nice thing to do. Who knows, perhaps Here knows something about the Trousers.

Last edited by Raves; 06-24-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:22 PM   #175
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Meetan: Before Terry can respond with anything, you see one of his friends - a young girl - poke her head around the corner at the end of the alleyway, excitedly calling to the rest of the group before rushing towards the young boy. It is clear that she is sympathetic, her eyes wide with upset and gingerly glancing up at you now and then, and as the rest of the group finally crowd round Terry - each ushering their own words of encouragement of consolation - it becomes evident that they have a rather tight sense of camaraderie, even despite the tough conditions they were being forced to exist within. Finally managing to garner some sense of control over the murmurings of his friends, Terry turns back towards you, having gathered as much useful information as he could.

"It sounds like the older boy has a brother who is with the Ribs ... I have no idea why, but he wants to join them. Probably so he can keep picking on people like me. Anyway, Janie says that she has an idea where they are, but we'll have to be quiet and try sneaking up on them. They're with a group."

As if on cue, one of the youngest girls separates herself from the crowd to stand before you, uneasily shifting from foot to foot. Her hair was pulled into two rather messy pigtails, and her dress was frayed around the edges but in slightly better condition than the clothing of her other friends around her. Thrusting out a small, thin arm, she looks up at you, having found some sort of determined resolve.

"H-hi. My name is Janie. I-if I show you where they are, can you help Muddy?
Alice jumped at first, surprised to see one of the children appear, but they were obviously a friend. It made her realise that she needed to have some more self-awareness in a territory like this, though, especially when more of the kids suddenly poured in like roaches (not really, but Alice had a mean sense of humour and she wasn't always fond of little ones). As it was, these kids all seemed lovely, though, and it was a shame that she couldn't just give them all a better life like all of her new Pokemon from the adoption centre.

She and Lorin waited quietly while they all rallied around Terry and talked among themselves, smiling patiently when they turned to give her a report. Her expression dampened a bit at the mention of the Ribs. Alice wasn't stupid and had come here to help, and it was expected that she would have to face off with one of their members at some stage. As it was, she hardly had the heart of a true hero and they were more than just simple hooligans. However, Alice also couldn't bear to leave these kids in the lurch, either. It would haunt her for the rest of her life.

Sticking her hand out to return Janie's handshake, Lorin was offered out next, the dual-type reaching out to shake with a little pink nub. "I'm Alice, and this is Lorin the Lotad. And d'you know what? I'll do my very best to help. It's time to kick arse and get Muddy back. We all ready to roll?"
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.