UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #51
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Jerichi:
The Sableye looked temporarily relieved upon hearing the three Pokemon would hear its story, but still eagerly tapped his foot against the ground.

"I don't know, I don't know where to even begin! Okay okay, calm down, I just need to calm down..."

The Sableye took a deep breath. If it could have closed its eyes, it probably would have. "Basically, I love gems. I love to eat them! I eat rocks, gems, crystals, diamonds, you name it! But the thing is, some gems are especially beautiful, and some have a special place in my heart or have a fond memory attached to them. So, I started collecting them." The Sableye turned his gaze away from the trio for a moment and looked back at the ship, motioning toward it. "This is my home. Twice a week, I get up before dawn and head over to the side of the Starlight Summit and dig into the old volcano looking for food. Well, this morning, I went out like I always do. I know that my gem collection was there, because I keep it in a leather bag right next to where I sleep! It's the first thing I see every morning, and the last thing I see every night!"

The Sableye began pacing anxiously back and forth, and started biting its thumb. "I know it was there this morning, so it's only been a few hours! I just got back a few minutes ago with tonight's dinner, and as soon as I walked in, my bag was gone!"

The Sableye began sobbing, though it wasn't actually able to cry, which was admittedly a little silly. It put its hands over its jewel-like eyes and sat on the ground, curled up. "I don't know what to do. My collection had a lot of gems in it, most of them are pretty small, but there are some big ones..." He paused for a moment and took a deep breath. "There were all kinds of pretty ones in there... some were shaped like diamonds, and had different colors, others were weird, long shapes and multicolored, ooh! I even had an Old Amber I found one day, it was just so pretty, I had to take it!"

The Sableye frowned again and turned back to the group. Suddenly, he lit up. "Hold on!"

The Pokemon disappeared into the ground. A moment later, it re-emerged from where it had left. It opened its mouth and pulled out two rocks. "Look, these are pretty, right! Well, I just found these today when I was looking for food, and I was thinking of adding them to my collection, because they don't taste particularly good, but..." he trailed off. In one hand, he held a crystallized rock that appeared to have a single snowflake trapped inside of it. In the other was a small flat-bottomed rock that was some sort of collective of spiky icicles jutting upward. "Please! If you can find my collection, I'll reward you with these as a token of thanks! If you can't find them though... I guess I'll need to start over with these then..."

There were too many questions as to what could have happened to the bag. The beach was wide open and littered with shipwrecks, and there were all sorts of places it could have gotten off to, though it does sound like a possible classic case of theft... Where do you start? What do you do - if anything?
Violette's purplish eyes glistened at the sight of the stones. She reached out a paw to touch one of them, but Ai, recognizing the identity of the stones, gently moved her paw away. Lucas would probably not be terribly happy with having his Vulpix make such a startling transformation.

"Now, now, Violette," she scolded calmly, "let's try to help the nice Sableye first before we go touching things that aren't ours," she turned to Sableye, smiling, "We'll find your jewels - don't you worry."

Violette seemed a little disappointed in not being able to touch the rock, but her attention was quickly diverted by the proposal of a treasure hunt.

"So what are we doing?" Koi asked as he came back into the conversation, clearly a little annoyed.

"Well, I suppose we should start looking around for any potential leads, perhaps check some of the nearby wrecks?"

Koi simply shrugged at the suggestion, seeming not terribly enthusiastic about the plan, but not outwardly protesting either.

"I guess we can just go do a quick survey of the wrecks around the beach..." Ai poses, though she does not appear terribly confident in her proposal.

"That'll take ages," Koi complains, rolling his eyes, "There are tons of wrecks just around here alone. There's no telling where they could be and looking at each individual wreck is going to take more time than we have."

"True..." Ai considers, "Well, maybe our friend here can give us some direction" - she turns to Sableye - "do you have an idea of who might have stolen your gems and where they would have hidden them?"


Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #52
Naruxami
Is Zook
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 339
Ironthunder: last update here [x]

TheKnightsFury: The Lairon, pleased with the group's efforts had presented them with a choice. Although it seemed easy at first, the trio was quick to notice that the choice wasn't quite as black and white as they thought. The Lairon had offered what was in his right or left hand --- which on the surface seemed like a very simple game of heads or tails, but what if the prize they received from one hand was far worse than what they received from the other? The trio began a brief argument over what hand to pick, Boudicca went for her gut, claiming the right seemed like the best option. However, Khutulun objected, claiming that she had found the Lairon so they should obviously go for the left hand. The squabble continued, causing the bewildered and slightly confused Lairon to just sit and watch as the two females attempted to make up their mind.

Spartacus had watched for quite a while before finally deciding to intervene. Knowing that the two would never come to an agreement, he made the choice randomly. Using an eenie meenie system, he lifted his scythes and pointed to the Lairon's right hand. He apologised for the squabble and claimed that they would be taking whatever was in the right hand, causing the bemused Lairon to smirk.

"I like you laddie, you seem ta have yer hands full with those two though." he gestured to the two female Pokemon. "As promised, here is yer prize." The Lairon opened his right hand, revealing what looked to be a cylindrical container of some sort, coated in a fine sheet of metal. "I found it in me supper, maybe it could be of some use to ye?" He smiled, obviously unaware of what he had given the trio. "Thanks for yer help again! Please feel free ta come see me some other time."

The trio left the Lairon with their new bounty, excited for what their next adventure may hold.
Received x1 Metal Coat
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:34 AM   #53
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Violette's purplish eyes glistened at the sight of the stones. She reached out a paw to touch one of them, but Ai, recognizing the identity of the stones, gently moved her paw away. Lucas would probably not be terribly happy with having his Vulpix make such a startling transformation.

"Now, now, Violette," she scolded calmly, "let's try to help the nice Sableye first before we go touching things that aren't ours," she turned to Sableye, smiling, "We'll find your jewels - don't you worry."

Violette seemed a little disappointed in not being able to touch the rock, but her attention was quickly diverted by the proposal of a treasure hunt.

"So what are we doing?" Koi asked as he came back into the conversation, clearly a little annoyed.

"Well, I suppose we should start looking around for any potential leads, perhaps check some of the nearby wrecks?"

Koi simply shrugged at the suggestion, seeming not terribly enthusiastic about the plan, but not outwardly protesting either.

"I guess we can just go do a quick survey of the wrecks around the beach..." Ai poses, though she does not appear terribly confident in her proposal.

"That'll take ages," Koi complains, rolling his eyes, "There are tons of wrecks just around here alone. There's no telling where they could be and looking at each individual wreck is going to take more time than we have."

"True..." Ai considers, "Well, maybe our friend here can give us some direction" - she turns to Sableye - "do you have an idea of who might have stolen your gems and where they would have hidden them?"


Jerichi:

The Sableye took a step back. "Thank you so mu... I mean, uh... did I say stolen? Do you think they were stolen!? Oh... oh goodness... I hadn't considered that possibility." He hung his head in humiliation, rubbing the back of it anxiously. He let out a sigh and looked up at the trio sheepishly.

"So... I guess that is possible, yes. I... may have gotten carried away last week..." He trailed off a bit and started to fidget with the stones in his hands. "Maybe we should... talk about where else they could possibly have gone, huh? Haha..."

Ai and Koi stared at him with suspicious, squinted eyes. Why was he changing the subject?

"...right. I guess I should just be honest. Last week, I went off gather some food for the week, like I always do... and then, wouldn't you know it, I stumbled upon something incredible! Right in the side of the base of the mountain overlooking the fjord. It was a cavern I hadn't known about before. I was so excited! So, naturally, I went in, and what I saw was... it really made me drool. Beautiful, gorgeous sky blue crystals, dozens of them, jutting out of the floor, walls, and ceilings, they were everywhere! I couldn't resist, I started eating right there! ... And, well... I uh... it wasn't until I had pulled it out of the wall and started to chow down that I realized I had just taken a bite out of a Pokemon. A Carbink, in fact. AHH, DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT! I'm not some kind of Pokemon eater! It was a, er... it was a mistake! I didn't know any better, believe me! Please don't be freaked out, my momma raised me right, I swear!"

He started moving up and down and twiddling his thumbs, frowning. It's not really certain whether or not he really did knowingly do this - Sableye have been known to hunt Carbink in the past, so while his story is plausible, most would still find it questionable.

"Please, you gotta help. The other Carbink - they woke up and started shouting at me, chasing me out of the cave. They attacked me and swore I'd pay for what I did, but, well, I guess I didn't really believe them. So... if they were really stolen... then, I guess that's where I'd start. It's on the other side of the beach, at the base of that mountain that overlooks the fjord..."
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #54
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
TheKnightsFury: The Lairon, pleased with the group's efforts had presented them with a choice. Although it seemed easy at first, the trio was quick to notice that the choice wasn't quite as black and white as they thought. The Lairon had offered what was in his right or left hand --- which on the surface seemed like a very simple game of heads or tails, but what if the prize they received from one hand was far worse than what they received from the other? The trio began a brief argument over what hand to pick, Boudicca went for her gut, claiming the right seemed like the best option. However, Khutulun objected, claiming that she had found the Lairon so they should obviously go for the left hand. The squabble continued, causing the bewildered and slightly confused Lairon to just sit and watch as the two females attempted to make up their mind.

Spartacus had watched for quite a while before finally deciding to intervene. Knowing that the two would never come to an agreement, he made the choice randomly. Using an eenie meenie system, he lifted his scythes and pointed to the Lairon's right hand. He apologised for the squabble and claimed that they would be taking whatever was in the right hand, causing the bemused Lairon to smirk.

"I like you laddie, you seem ta have yer hands full with those two though." he gestured to the two female Pokemon. "As promised, here is yer prize." The Lairon opened his right hand, revealing what looked to be a cylindrical container of some sort, coated in a fine sheet of metal. "I found it in me supper, maybe it could be of some use to ye?" He smiled, obviously unaware of what he had given the trio. "Thanks for yer help again! Please feel free ta come see me some other time."

The trio left the Lairon with their new bounty, excited for what their next adventure may hold.
Received x1 Metal Coat


As the Lairon revealed the cylindrical Metal Coat, Spartacus could barely contain his excitement. It was exactly what he had hoped to find, exactly what Jayson wanted them to find. Spartacus gratefully thanked the Lairon before placing the Metal Coat in bag strapped to Boudicca's back. They distanced themselves from the Lairon before Spartacus brought the party to a stop.

"You two could have cost us our reward back there with your squabbling. What would Jayson think if he saw you carrying on like that?!" Spartacus lashed out at the females, angered that they nearly cost him the reward he coveted.

Boudicca slammed her hooves into the ground, "calm your farm and get off your high horse!" Khutulun shrunk a little as the two started to go at each other. "All we got was some lame hunk of metal, what are we meant to do with that anyway?"

Spartacus was now visibly furious, Boudicca's constant attitude having split his last nerve. "Lame hunk of metal! That Metal Coat will allow me to evolve into Scizor! Yes I know that sounds self serving but you have no idea what I have been forced to endure. You might think you're brave Boudicca but you just hatched from an egg and have been in Jayson's care since your first breath. I had a life, a family and they were all taken away from me. I wasn't strong enough to protect them and until I evolve I will never be strong enough to protect anyone! You don't know what it is like to be alone, to lose everyone and have no one......" As Spartacus began to simmer down, Khutulun scurries to his side and gently hugs his leg.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea it meant so much to you", apologizes Boudicca."You are right, we were out of line back there, it won't happen again." The Mudbray hung her head low as she kicked at a rock in front of her.

"If it makes you feel any better Spartacus", Khutulun finally speaks up as she looks up at the Scyther, "I think you are more than strong enough to look after us as you are."

The group falls silent for a moment as they all clear their minds, Spartacus eventually breaks the silence. "Thank you both, sorry I lost control for a moment there, I just got a touch emotional. Jayson will be pleased that we found what we came here for but why don't we look around for some extra stuff? Fan out again, surely we can find something or someone." The Scyther rose into the air once more, still upset with himself that he let his emotions take control.

(taking the Metal Coat)
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:23 PM   #55
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Bubbling Beach - On the coast between the southern and western dock is a sunny beach with pristine white sands and crashing waves - ideal for a summery vacation! But, this beach has more than just sun and fun; it's the ideal relaxation spot. Just beyond the dunes are a number of volcanic hot springs that overlook the sparkling seas. Despite their rather opposed nature, both Water and Fire Pokémon gather here to take full advantage of the mineral-rich (and slightly salty) springs. Some hotter Pokémon even enjoy the pools of bubbling magma interspersed with the watery ones! Please use deepskyblue.
Should I let them? So much can go wrong in a place like this... Not that my being there with them would do them much good, what with my complete lack of battling skills. But there are countless studies proving the beneficial effects of giving one's Pokémon some freedom... Oh dear. What should I do?...

As always, Rorik was overthinking things. In truth, whatever his decision wound up being, it wouldn't matter anymore - Gottfried's Munchlax and the Adoption Centre's Staryu, the two Pokémon he carried on his travels, were already disembarking on Incognito Island while Professor Pine watched on from another ship. It seemed they were doing just fine on their own despite his indecisiveness...


---


Munchlax looked around, taking in the pleasant scents of Bubbling Beach - the ones he cared about, anyway, which pretty much amounted to the distant smell of grilled Finneon somewhere farther down the coast. He prepared to make a beeline in that direction, but for some strange reason, his body did not comply. It took him a while to process - as was usually the case - that it was his partner's doing: the silent, mind-boggingly boring Staryu that Rorik had adopted by mistake.

Come to think of it, he didn't recall ever wanting to come to Bubbling Beach in the first place - not that he minded gulping down Magikarp every now and again, but there were much more flavorful places on his list of priorities. The only possible explanation was that Staryu was responsible for this as well, likely having used it freakish powers to influence the Professor's mind. No, Munchlax didn't like Staryu very much, all in all.

The inedible starfish had already taken the initiative, scouring the sprawling sands for something Munchlax couldn't possibly guess. After all, the thing lacked a mouth, so it made no sense for it to be looking for food... and what else was there in the world worth searching for?
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 06-12-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #56
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Saix View Post
Deoxys:


As Jinbe jumps, the wind causes him to start tumbling. He hits the tattered sail with more force than either Sucy or Momonga was expecting. They are jerked down by the impact but are able to quickly catch themselves. After seeing Jinbe safely to the base of the cliff, the trio make their way over the graveyard.

As the grave grew near, the group soon realizes that they aren't tombstones, at least not in the traditional sense. Each of the eighteen markers are in actuality life boats, half buried and covered in feet of ice. Sucy floats over to one, and peers into the ice. Trapped inside are a mishmash of human bones half caked in stings of frozen, rotted flesh. At another Jinbe and Momonga stumble upon a iced over pile of provisions, with certain pieces appearing to be loose enough to take.

As the group browses the ship grave yard the wind begins to howl, a voice whispering within.

Lllleeeaavvveee... nnnooowwwww...... Thissss... placccceee.... It doeeesss naaaaauuuught.... beeelloooongggggg ttooo yooouuuu....

How does the group react? Do they heed the warning?
"OOOH SPOOKY! Rotten flesh and creepy voices, I love it!" Sucy danced in the air joyfully.

"What the hell!?" Jinbe screamed, dropping the rubbish he had been sifting through and clutching Momon. "Did you hear that!?"

Momon nodded. "I heard it. Why, was it weird? I hear the voices of the dead all the time... I always thought that was pretty normal..."

Jinbe squinted, and looked as though he was going to say something, but decided not to.

"As a ghost, when another ghost tells you to leave their things alone, I can tell you with complete certainty that it, in fact, means they are giving you permission to take it." Sucy nodded.

Jinbe turned and stared at her, and puffed himself up angrily. "Oh that's such a load of Tauros sh-" Momonga cut him off. "I agree with Sucy, actually. We should keep looking for treasure, that's why we're here. It's hard to say whether or not the spirit, or Pokemon, is being serious or if it's being mischievous. The best thing we can do is to see how it reacts... Ghosts really aren't as frightening as they're made out to be." Momon smiled gently - or, he would have, if he had had the ability.

Sucy nodded and then wiggled in place excitedly. "It's true. And then maybe we can go exploring the ships!~"

Jinbe sighed. "I just don't know about this... but I guess you both have more... expertise... with this sort of thing than I do..."

The trio looked at each other and continued searching the graveyard for treasure, naive and unsure of whether or not they would be angering the potential specter any further.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #57
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'
 
Kyuu-Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Scenic Ward #801, down Juné Lane.
Posts: 268
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Bubbling Beach - On the coast between the southern and western dock is a sunny beach with pristine white sands and crashing waves - ideal for a summery vacation! But, this beach has more than just sun and fun; it's the ideal relaxation spot. Just beyond the dunes are a number of volcanic hot springs that overlook the sparkling seas. Despite their rather opposed nature, both Water and Fire Pokémon gather here to take full advantage of the mineral-rich (and slightly salty) springs. Some hotter Pokémon even enjoy the pools of bubbling magma interspersed with the watery ones!
"Okay Baian, remember: you're in charge. I'm counting on you to keep an eye on Aiolia and Seiza."

On the outside, the Skrelp only looked his typical aloof, callous self. His demur expression concealed his inner trepidation fueled by his trainer's parting words. He reclined deeper in the offshore tide pool in an effort to still his fins. The salt water acted much like a soothing balm on his tired nerves; he couldn't remember the last time he'd felt sea minerals upon his skin. What a nuisance, he thought, rocking to-and-fro. Of course she assigns me to attend to these greenhorns. He hadn't a clue as to how proverbial babysitting might be conducive to the trio's seaside treasure-hunting excursion.

Meanwhile a little further up shore stood Aiolia, who true to form held his head aloft in a display of vigilance. Unlike Baian, he was perfectly pleased that their trainer had entrusted him with the trio's rucksack and Treasure Bag. Every so often the Fire type would tilt his head to regard the packs strapped to his backside with a mix of wonderment and pride. After some time the Litleo's large eyes found his discus-shaped comrade hovering over him intently.

"Is something the matter?" the cub asked, lifting a cordial paw towards the Bronzor. "You haven't said a thing since we arrived."

Seiza slowly spun before gently arching in an almost rhythmic manner. "Aiolia, we have an objective before us yet we idle. I suggest we regroup with Baian immediately so that we can proceed with our mission."

The Mock Kelp Pokemon stiffened at Seiza's telepathic broadcast. How he'd love to soak just a bit longer... but his companion was right. The trio had a job to do. He leapt from the waters at a spectacular velocity, landing in the sand before his two allies, his gaze steady.

"Very well, let's get this hunt underway."
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:54 PM   #58
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Jerichi:

The Sableye took a step back. "Thank you so mu... I mean, uh... did I say stolen? Do you think they were stolen!? Oh... oh goodness... I hadn't considered that possibility." He hung his head in humiliation, rubbing the back of it anxiously. He let out a sigh and looked up at the trio sheepishly.

"So... I guess that is possible, yes. I... may have gotten carried away last week..." He trailed off a bit and started to fidget with the stones in his hands. "Maybe we should... talk about where else they could possibly have gone, huh? Haha..."

Ai and Koi stared at him with suspicious, squinted eyes. Why was he changing the subject?

"...right. I guess I should just be honest. Last week, I went off gather some food for the week, like I always do... and then, wouldn't you know it, I stumbled upon something incredible! Right in the side of the base of the mountain overlooking the fjord. It was a cavern I hadn't known about before. I was so excited! So, naturally, I went in, and what I saw was... it really made me drool. Beautiful, gorgeous sky blue crystals, dozens of them, jutting out of the floor, walls, and ceilings, they were everywhere! I couldn't resist, I started eating right there! ... And, well... I uh... it wasn't until I had pulled it out of the wall and started to chow down that I realized I had just taken a bite out of a Pokemon. A Carbink, in fact. AHH, DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT! I'm not some kind of Pokemon eater! It was a, er... it was a mistake! I didn't know any better, believe me! Please don't be freaked out, my momma raised me right, I swear!"

He started moving up and down and twiddling his thumbs, frowning. It's not really certain whether or not he really did knowingly do this - Sableye have been known to hunt Carbink in the past, so while his story is plausible, most would still find it questionable.

"Please, you gotta help. The other Carbink - they woke up and started shouting at me, chasing me out of the cave. They attacked me and swore I'd pay for what I did, but, well, I guess I didn't really believe them. So... if they were really stolen... then, I guess that's where I'd start. It's on the other side of the beach, at the base of that mountain that overlooks the fjord..."
As the Sableye frantically explained his predicament, Koi leaned to his sister, whispering to her in human speak as not to risk the imp overhearing.

"I don't know about this guy..." he mumbled, eyeing the skittish Ghost- and Dark-typed Pokémon who was twiddling his thumbs nervously.

"I'm not sure either," Ai confided in their common tongue, not able to speak human, clearly feeling a little unsure herself, but willing to mistrust him entirely, "but if the gems were stolen, it would be a good place to start. Perhaps it was just a misunderstanding like he says?"

"I guess it could be, but - well, I think my suspicion isn't terribly unfounded, no?" Koi replied in their tongue, "Well, either way, it's something to do." His concession didn't seem terribly convincing, but his lack of protest was something.

"That's the spirit," Ai replied, a tinge of sarcasm lacing the comment. She turned to Violette, who was still transfixed on the icy stones, "C'mon, honey, how about we go check out that cave Mr. Sableye was talking about. Maybe we can even find some shinier stones there?"

"Oooooh, okay!" she agreed with some enthusiasm, swishing her many tails back and forth with excitement.

As they headed off in the general direction of the cave, Violette heading up the pack with a noticeable bounce in her step, Ai leaned into Koi, who still seemed a bit skeptical.

"At the very least," she begun, "we can get Carbink's side of the story."

Koi shrugged.


Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:08 PM   #59
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 290
((Let's clear out this backlog! ^^))


Patches:

To say that the trio form a team is lofty praise, perhaps undeserved at this point. Perhaps when the journey comes to its conclusion Mio, Momo and Kei can be called a unit, but right now, they are three parts of a dysfunctional mechanism, their clashing personalities making for a difficult trek down the gorge’s makeshift path. Mio, the most eager of the three, is clearly more at ease in the tricky terrain with her prodigious reflexes; Kei’s movement is hesitant, careful, apprehensive; Momo is pretty much just dragging himelf along at a snail’s pace.

The road itself is perilous, carved into the rock by the roaring winds; it makes for a tortuous, uneven path, where one false step can lead to a seemingly never-ending fall; to make matters worse, the gales that give this location its name are indeed powerful, and any unexpected increase in their force can push one off the ledge; neither Pokémon making their way down is particularly heavy, and as such, any of them could fall victim to the deadly winds.

By all means, the afternoon sun overhead should be scorching. And it is indeed, but only intermittently, because from time to time the trio is shielded by moving shadows up above, so arbitrarily and repeatedly that Mio looks up, finding it odd. And fortunately she does!

A flock of large birds circle the group from up above, before diving down one at a time to meet the trio. Fearsome-looking predators, Kei is the first to identify them – a quintet of Mandibuzz, wielding the bones of their fallen foes and devoured prey, stare at the Pikachu, Eevee and Charmander with ominous intent; at last, one of them speaks up, an ear-splitting cry that does little to conceal the group’s intentions.

“Intruders! What business do you have in the Ancient’s territory?!”

The five break out in screeches, war cries intended to scare Patches’ Pokémon away, under threat of a fate worse than death if they neither comply nor answer quickly…


-----

Connor:

Cain, as a name chosen by Sweeney, is perhaps a flawed mirror of Gligar’s true personality – the farthest thing from a fratricidal creature, he comes across mostly as playful and maybe a little childish. His friend Julia, small for now but harnessing monstrous destructive potential in her young cells, happily plays along with the winged scorpion in an environment that perfectly suits both of them – unlike their other, ironically more down-to-earth companion, the Solosis named Sophie whose liquid constitution was most definitely not made for this kind of weather.

As the trio progresses, Cain and Julia considerably farther ahead in their race without a finish line, the sun shines mercilessly on the sand, creating a burning golden sea that most Pokémon would be unable to tolerate. The beach was now far behind them, and the mountain ahead was days away on foot – a testament to the desert’s length and the reason so few lifeforms could be seen roaming it. Continued exposure to this kind of environment will surely pose a threat to any ill-adapted creature, a concern that doesn’t affect either Cain or Julia, but that Sophie cannot simply ignore. If only for that, the sooner the trio finds worthwhile loot, the better.

Suddenly, the ground begins to rumble. Not an uncommon occurrence in the aptly named Dancing Desert, but this tremor feels somehow different. More prolonged, and in clear crescendo… In a split second, the sand beneath Cain and Julia’s feet starts to swirl, faster and faster, quickly evolving into a full-blown whirlpool that sucks both Pokémon into the center – not even Cain could pick up wind fast enough to take flight and escape the predicament, and as a result, both the Gligar and Larvitar become buried neck-deep once the phenomenon subsides. Sophie, meanwhile, is unaffected as a Levitator, but she too is powerless to stop the raging sands with her underdeveloped Psychic powers.

“How rude!”

A strange, high-pitched voice is suddenly heard. Then, something emerges from the depths of the desert, digging its way out and revealing itself right next to the half-buried Cain and Julia: a frowning male Hippopotas!

“No respect whatsoever! Do you have any idea how long it took me to even out the terrain? It was perfectly horizontal, at last! A glorious, flawlessly-levelled golden field! One month! I finished yesterday, not a grain of sand out of place, finished well before the next storm messes everything up again – but that’s not due for another week! Seven days of perfection, that was my reward – but you two destroyed all of my work!”

The Hippopotas goes on a tangent as long as its breath allows, visibly angry at the disturbance caused by the playful duo. This one is clearly obsessed – but this region, the “Dancing Desert”, might just be the worst place in the world to nurture such a quirk. Ever-changing, sandstorms kicking up every now and then, it seems like a virtually impossible task to keep the golden mantle unblemished for any amount of time.

“Why are you even here, tainting my beautiful canvas with your uneven, asymmetrical footsteps? The beach is the other way around! There is nothing out here for you, just sand and heat and a whole lot of nothing else! So, here’s the question: are you ready to make it up to me?”


-----

Kawaiiconcept:

The sprawling rainforest is a perfect biome for Grass-Types such as Seedot and Whimsicott, but a Litwick is definitely out of place – not only is the air’s humidity a bother, its flame could very well set off unwanted fires or scare away the local fauna. With that in mind, Cerno remains ever watchful, keeping the two smaller Pokémon in check, aware that while it has already achieved its final form, both Spiritus and Tengu are yet to do so, and are understandably eager to grow; after all, there is much more to the miracle of evolution than a mere increase in strength.

The trio keeps moving along the makeshift path, through bushed and tall grass and thick foliage, taking in the plethora of scents that fill the forest’s air. Everything seems perfectly peaceful, until rustling is heard overhead, causing the group to stop and look up in alarm. Too fast to react, the group is pelted by a shower of hard-shell berries, with enough strength to be felt but not leave any lasting wounds. Four animals leap down from the trees above, revealing themselves as the assailants: a team of perfectly-coordinated Passimian, who keep their eyes locked on the Seedot, Litwick and Whimsicott without blinking. After what feels like the longest stad-off in history, the largest ape steps forward and speak up, keeping things short and simple.

“Come, trespassers. The lords are expecting you.”

The four soldiers remain motionless, surrounding the party, stoically waiting for an answer. But what will that answer be?


-----

Kyuu-Tales:

There is certainly great value in adaptability. Whereas Seiza might consider the ordeal indifferent whichever route is chosen, it most certainly isn’t the case for Aiolia, whose only option is to traverse Bubbling Beach on foot, leaving Baian no option but to abandon his preferred environ to hop along on the sand, rather than keep swimming. And so it is, as the group proceeds along the shore in search of whatever loot there is to be found – if their Trainer had any particular target in mind, she would not divulge, instead entrusting a rucksack to Aiolia and sending the trio on their merry way. Perhaps that was her purpose all along, treasuring the strengthening of bonds between her Pokémon more so than material rewards.

Despite the definitely pleasant locale, warm and thoroughly bathed in sunlight, with clear water at a step’s distance for refreshment, there are a surprisingly small number of teams scavenging for treasure as they go along. Taking note of the oddity, Seiza is the first to mentally communicate this fact to the rest of the group, who are forced to agree – this is definitely unusual, to say the least. What reason could there be for the beach’s apparent isolation?

“Halt, intrepid travellers!”

And so, the reason presents itself. Obstructing the way further along the beach is a massive, bright red Kingler, waving its colossal claw about. Its expression is one of great amusement as it stares down the party in front of it.

“What a puny bunch! You call yourselves Treasure Hunters, ey? Look at you! All smaller than my pincer! In fact, I doubt any one of you could withstand a tap, let alone a swing of it!”

There is little subtlety in its words: this is a challenge through and through. How will the party respond to it?
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #60
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'
 
Kyuu-Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Scenic Ward #801, down Juné Lane.
Posts: 268
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Kyuu-Tales:

There is certainly great value in adaptability. Whereas Seiza might consider the ordeal indifferent whichever route is chosen, it most certainly isn’t the case for Aiolia, whose only option is to traverse Bubbling Beach on foot, leaving Baian no option but to abandon his preferred environ to hop along on the sand, rather than keep swimming. And so it is, as the group proceeds along the shore in search of whatever loot there is to be found – if their Trainer had any particular target in mind, she would not divulge, instead entrusting a rucksack to Aiolia and sending the trio on their merry way. Perhaps that was her purpose all along, treasuring the strengthening of bonds between her Pokémon more so than material rewards.

Despite the definitely pleasant locale, warm and thoroughly bathed in sunlight, with clear water at a step’s distance for refreshment, there are a surprisingly small number of teams scavenging for treasure as they go along. Taking note of the oddity, Seiza is the first to mentally communicate this fact to the rest of the group, who are forced to agree – this is definitely unusual, to say the least. What reason could there be for the beach’s apparent isolation?

“Halt, intrepid travellers!”

And so, the reason presents itself. Obstructing the way further along the beach is a massive, bright red Kingler, waving its colossal claw about. Its expression is one of great amusement as it stares down the party in front of it.

“What a puny bunch! You call yourselves Treasure Hunters, ey? Look at you! All smaller than my pincer! In fact, I doubt any one of you could withstand a tap, let alone a swing of it!”

There is little subtlety in its words: this is a challenge through and through. How will the party respond to it?
The members of the trio exchanged wary glances. Seiza was the first to speak--er, communicate--with the imposing crab that stood before them. "Sir, we come to this island as other parties before you do: peacefully. Please grant us passage so that we may carry on in search of goods."

Baian grumbled, tipping himself downward in exasperation. "Seiza..." The Psychic type's diplomatic approach simply wouldn't do. Here was a hostile, an obstacle, and perhaps an imminent threat rolled into a scarlet-shelled lug. Could a smack from his claw do them harm? Very possibly, depending on the strength behind the strike. While he could nuke him with a smokescreen and turn tail, doing so would create unnecessary commotion. Why'd this guy have to pick on us?

"If you don't," Baian snapped to attention as he heard Aiolia pipe up, unfazed. "Then we'll see your challenge." Predictable? Yes, but it was still a shock for Baian to hear him say it. That cub never thinks things through! The Skrelp wasn't one to over-analyze, and yet here he was caught up in his thoughts. His companion wasted no time getting to the heart of the matter, and he'd cede that a direct approach was the best course of action. Seiza on the other hand emitted a thrum of discomfort and wavered closer to Aiolia's ear. "Aiolia, please."

Baian propped himself a bit to open his loosen his posture to match Aiolia's unyielding stance. "No Seiza, Aiolia's right: if it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get." He wasn't afraid of this guy. There were three of them and one of him. They could take him... right?
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:56 PM   #61
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,534
★ Starlight Summit ★


Missingno. Master

Somewhat begrudingly, Chromium uses her magic paint powers to extend a few vines, lashing them out in the direction of the mysterious shadow. Though not visible, the vines still snag the shady character, and with a tug, it and the ball are brought into the light. You are met with a rather bewildered looking Pokémon who flinches in the comparably bright glow of Cotton's moves. The Pokémon is pink and vaugely star shaped. She appears rather uncomfortable, struggling against her bonds, and unfortunately not too calmed by Tinnitus's rhythmic pulsing.

"Please, please don't hurt me!" she begs, cowering and shaking a little in the grasp of the vines, "Take the ball if you want, just let me go! It's not even mine to begin with! I just found it on the ground near the cave and thought it looked nice and shiny!"

The Clefairy seemed sincere, both in her fear and her insistence of her innocence. Perhaps this was all a big misunderstanding? After all, it didn't seem like the Mime Jr. had had anything stolen from him - he simply lost the ball. But, on the other hand, Pokémon wandering around in caves were awful mysterious... and the ball would have had to get past the giant Darmatian roadblock somehow... And she did seem to be struggling quite a bit - but it's hard to tell if she's struggling out of fear of being hurt or of being found out... You have no reason not to trust the Clefairy, but it does seem somewhat convenient... What will you do?


♨ Bubbling Beach ♨


134


As Pouli approaches the Wimpod, it begins to cower even more, scooting back into its horde even further.

"I-I-ok-k-kay! Okay!" it blurts out, stuttering in terror, "I'll take you to him! I'll even show you the way!"

The bug skitters in front of the group, looking nervous the entire time. He slowly approaches the tight, narrow passage made by the walls of the two bubbling pools of hot water. For a split second, you notice a glint - hard to tell if it was in his eye or the shine of his Metal Claw, but either way in barely any time at all, the Pokémon slashes at the side of one of the pools. A cascade of rocks tumble to the ground, piling up between the springs and blocking the exit. Water begins to trickle from the side of the spring and flow over the pile of rocks, which slowly begins to pool around your feet.

"That horrid coward!" the Pansear shouts in rage, before yelping at the sight of the slowly rising water level.

Though the water is not presenting an immediate danger, it might not be the best idea to stick around long to see how high it gets. And what's more, the thief has betrayed you once again and broken his promise. The rocks blocking your path aren't terribly big, but the water running over them is fairly hot. And once you manage to get out, you'll still have to figure out how to find the Wimpod... How will you get out of this situation?

Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:08 PM   #62
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
★ Starlight Summit ★


Missingno. Master

Somewhat begrudingly, Chromium uses her magic paint powers to extend a few vines, lashing them out in the direction of the mysterious shadow. Though not visible, the vines still snag the shady character, and with a tug, it and the ball are brought into the light. You are met with a rather bewildered looking Pokémon who flinches in the comparably bright glow of Cotton's moves. The Pokémon is pink and vaugely star shaped. She appears rather uncomfortable, struggling against her bonds, and unfortunately not too calmed by Tinnitus's rhythmic pulsing.

"Please, please don't hurt me!" she begs, cowering and shaking a little in the grasp of the vines, "Take the ball if you want, just let me go! It's not even mine to begin with! I just found it on the ground near the cave and thought it looked nice and shiny!"

The Clefairy seemed sincere, both in her fear and her insistence of her innocence. Perhaps this was all a big misunderstanding? After all, it didn't seem like the Mime Jr. had had anything stolen from him - he simply lost the ball. But, on the other hand, Pokémon wandering around in caves were awful mysterious... and the ball would have had to get past the giant Darmatian roadblock somehow... And she did seem to be struggling quite a bit - but it's hard to tell if she's struggling out of fear of being hurt or of being found out... You have no reason not to trust the Clefairy, but it does seem somewhat convenient... What will you do?
Chromium rolled her eyes, but all the same, obliged the request. A pair of green vines snaked out from under her arms and dove into the darkness... "Aha," smirked Chromium. "Got something." And with that, she reeled in her catch- a rather bewildered-looking Clefairy, who flinched from the light from Cotton's Flash, struggled against the Vine Whip, and didn't seem responsive to Tinnitus's sound waves. She pleaded and begged with them, insisting her innocence, begging to be let go and happily relinquishing the ball.

"...What do you think?" Chromium asked Cotton.

"I believe her," the Swirlix said at once. "Sorry we scared you," he said to the Clefairy, dimming his Flash somewhat (not putting out altogether, though). "All we came for was the ball- someones's gonna be very happy to have it back. You can go." He gave a nod to Chromium.

Chromium didn't react right away, still thinking this through. Something seemed off... didn't Mime Jr. state that the ball had flown into the cave? And yet, Clefairy claimed to have found the ball near the cave, meaning she would've carried it into the cave, right? And even then, what of the Darmanitan? How'd Clefairy get past it? But then... Clefairy can learn Psychic, can't they? The Smeargle realized that that would certainly explain everything- the Clefairy saw the ball from inside the cave, couldn't get past Darmanitan, so she used Psychic to bring the ball to her. Would certainly explain why Mime Jr. reported the ball flying into the cave, wouldn't it?

"Alright," the Smeargle finally nodded. She held out a paw to the Clefairy. "Give us the ball and you're free to go," she promised, sincerity in her voice, with every intention of relinquishing her grip on the Clefairy upon retrieving the ball.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:13 PM   #63
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Kawaiiconcept:

The sprawling rainforest is a perfect biome for Grass-Types such as Seedot and Whimsicott, but a Litwick is definitely out of place – not only is the air’s humidity a bother, its flame could very well set off unwanted fires or scare away the local fauna. With that in mind, Cerno remains ever watchful, keeping the two smaller Pokémon in check, aware that while it has already achieved its final form, both Spiritus and Tengu are yet to do so, and are understandably eager to grow; after all, there is much more to the miracle of evolution than a mere increase in strength.

The trio keeps moving along the makeshift path, through bushed and tall grass and thick foliage, taking in the plethora of scents that fill the forest’s air. Everything seems perfectly peaceful, until rustling is heard overhead, causing the group to stop and look up in alarm. Too fast to react, the group is pelted by a shower of hard-shell berries, with enough strength to be felt but not leave any lasting wounds. Four animals leap down from the trees above, revealing themselves as the assailants: a team of perfectly-coordinated Passimian, who keep their eyes locked on the Seedot, Litwick and Whimsicott without blinking. After what feels like the longest stand-off in history, the largest ape steps forward and speak up, keeping things short and simple.

“Come, trespassers. The lords are expecting you.”

The four soldiers remain motionless, surrounding the party, stoically waiting for an answer. But what will that answer be?



Cerno was the first to act, he swiftly got in the passimans' faces "Who are these Lords that want to speak to us and how do they know we are here?" The grass/fairy-type was always ready to fight. Even if it meant he got himself hurt. He would rather it be him than his lower-level companions. Despite his tough attitude he had a heart of gold and always put other's safety before his own. This made him brave even to a fault, but that was ok.
Spiritus looked at the Whimsicott "Cerno hush, we do not know how powerful these lords are." his flame flickered in warning. The litwick was as peaceful as ever and did not want his friends to start a fight if one was not nescesarry. He was a very peaceful pokemon and always worked towards an answer without fighting. No one knew why this was but it was very helpful in high stress situations like this.
Tengu sighed in the back he could sense something about these guards, they were just protecting their kingdom. The fact that these lords were expecting them jogged something in the back of what was left of his brain. He was going to lay for now but he felt something returning, a purpose a cause. He waited silently but that flicker had given him a fighting spirit. If anyone threatened his friends he would end them once and for all. not just faint them but kill them outright. Those lords had better watch their backs.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.

Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 06-19-2017 at 01:48 AM.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:45 PM   #64
Naruxami
Is Zook
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Naru:

The two cats wandered the beach, looking for a stone that could possibly evolve their friend Pascal. Mochi seemed pretty excited, and pointed to various rocks on the sands. That's all they were, however, rocks. Morgana's patience continued to get thinner and thinner, but he wouldn't dare snap at the Skitty. She was too innocent, too naive to just be yelled at for no apparent reason. She then seemed to find something interesting. A red rock was sitting in the middle of a small islet of sand just off the shore of the beach. Perhaps this was a rock that would help benefit Pascal?

On closer inspection, there was a small bridge from the shore to the tiny islet. Just as Mochi was about to run across it, a Dragonair slithered out of the water and curled up around the stone. It paid no head to the cat trying to run towards it (who was being held down by a frantic Litten), and fell asleep with the rock in the middle of its coil. Just their luck, that what they seem to be looking for to be not only blocked by water, but a Dragonair as well. Could they possibly steal it without the Dragonair knowing?

How will the duo respond?
(Morgana) ~❤~ (Mochi)

Mochi bounded happily across the beach, all the enthusiasm of a hyperactive child flowed through her veins. Morgana was beginning to feel restless, they had come here on a mission --- but it had become rather obvious that Mochi marched to the beat of her own drum. She pounced on top of a medium sized, smooth grey rock; batting at it with her paws. She glanced at the rock curiously, turning her gaze to Morgana.

"Is this what we're looking for? Morgie-chan?" She let out a purr upon saying her usual pet name for Morgana. He sighed, he had no desire to snap at Mochi, she really didn't deserve that kind of thing --- however he was most certainly beginning to feel a little irritated. He let out a deep sigh, pushing down the fur that had bristled up angrily with his front paws.

"Unfortunately... that is just a rock, Mochi." He replied, calmly and smoothly as he could muster. Mochi looked a little downtrodden upon being corrected, she let out a small 'oh' and continued walking alongside Morgana. The two cats walked side by side in silence, leaving their small footprints in the sand. Mochi would stop ever so often to bat at the sand, causing Morgana to simply roll his eyes and chuckle to himself.

"Morgie! I think I found something!" Morgana's head swivelled towards the pink cat, praying to himself that this would not be just another regular rock; he honestly didn't know if his temper would hold up properly. He eyed what she had her paw pointed at, it was a stone --- beautifully red in color and shimmering in the sunlight. Morgana would have to get a closer look to be sure, but he was convinced that that was probably no regular old run of the mill stone. He gave Mochi a small nod.

"Yeah... that might be something. Good work Mochi!" He congratulated her, causing her to flush a bright shade of red and begin to rush towards it. Hoping to snatch it and bring it back towards Morgana. It was across a small bridge on a smaller islet, Morgana had trust in her that she could make it across and come back in one piece. Until he watched a blue snake slither out of the water and coil itself around the stone. Mochi seemed intent on getting it, paying no mind to the large serpent. "Mochi!" Morgana shrieked, running after the Skitty and jumping on top of her so she wouldn't be able to disturb the sleeping giant. He held her down on top of the bridge, wanting desperately to stop her from awakening such a strong looking beast.

"Get off, Morgie! That's what we need and I want to get it!" She struggled under Morgana, who was eventually knocked off of the other cat and onto the back end of the bridge. She glanced back at him with a coy smirk on her face. "Don't worry, I'll be careful!" She bounded towards the Dragonair and seemed to be about to jump onto it's body to climb into the centre of it's coils.

Great. Morgana thought. We're both dead once that thing wakes up.
__________________


tumblr fizzy bubbles backloggery steam last.fm
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: asteiri.#7574
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:56 AM   #65
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Should I let them? So much can go wrong in a place like this... Not that my being there with them would do them much good, what with my complete lack of battling skills. But there are countless studies proving the beneficial effects of giving one's Pokémon some freedom... Oh dear. What should I do?...

As always, Rorik was overthinking things. In truth, whatever his decision wound up being, it wouldn't matter anymore - Gottfried's Munchlax and the Adoption Centre's Staryu, the two Pokémon he carried on his travels, were already disembarking on Incognito Island while Professor Pine watched on from another ship. It seemed they were doing just fine on their own despite his indecisiveness...


---


Munchlax looked around, taking in the pleasant scents of Bubbling Beach - the ones he cared about, anyway, which pretty much amounted to the distant smell of grilled Finneon somewhere farther down the coast. He prepared to make a beeline in that direction, but for some strange reason, his body did not comply. It took him a while to process - as was usually the case - that it was his partner's doing: the silent, mind-boggingly boring Staryu that Rorik had adopted by mistake.

Come to think of it, he didn't recall ever wanting to come to Bubbling Beach in the first place - not that he minded gulping down Magikarp every now and again, but there were much more flavorful places on his list of priorities. The only possible explanation was that Staryu was responsible for this as well, likely having used it freakish powers to influence the Professor's mind. No, Munchlax didn't like Staryu very much, all in all.

The inedible starfish had already taken the initiative, scouring the sprawling sands for something Munchlax couldn't possibly guess. After all, the thing lacked a mouth, so it made no sense for it to be looking for food... and what else was there in the world worth searching for?
Maskerade- They had been sent off by their trainer for some independant experience but tensions were already running hot between the Munchlax and Staryu. The Munchlax had made his feelings towards the Staryu more than obvious, he despised the Staryu. To him it was likely the biggest mistake his trainer had ever made, the emotionless starfish was nothing more than a liability. For some reason it seemed to be acting out of its own self interest, something the Munchlax would likely not stand for. Following the spinning star down the beach, the Munchlax soon spots what appears to be a concession stand. A sudden burst of speed sees the Munchlax reach the stand in nearly an instant, he eagerly leans over the counter to see what they are selling.

Two squishy looking gastropods rest behind the counter, one coloured pink and brown, the other blue and green. The shelves were quite bare, a few rough looking berries, a handful of assorted items and a pair of broken Pokeballs. "Welcome to Gastrodon's Gastronomic Gallery", mutters the pink Gastrodon. "I'm afraid we aren't able to serve customers at the moment", interjects the blue Gastrodon, "we have a large order to cater for at the hot springs but we are having trouble getting there." The pink Gastrodon stretches its head up to look the Munchlax in the eye. It then cranes its head around to look at the Staryu who continues to scan the beach intently. "Think you could lend us a hand? If you could we would be more than happy to compensate you for your hard work."

A reward would certainly be appreciated, the Professor surely wouldn't be pleased if his Pokemon returned empty handed. The only issue was whether or not an understanding could be made between the Munchlax and Staryu, because at the moment their interests didn't seem to align at all.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:31 AM   #66
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi
 
Chiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: to the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Posts: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Gale Gorge - A deep gorge is sliced into the side of the island just beyond the eastern dock, dropping dramatically from the side of the volcano in the center of the island. The faces of the gorge are steep and dramatic, but natural paths have been carved out by the winds that blow constantly down the center of the gorge. Flying Pokémon have made this gorge their home, perched on the outcroppings littering the walls. It's even said that some Dragon Pokémon occasionally visit these parts, at home in the stark but homey environs. Please use firebrick.
*Austo has promised to update me

The trio disembarked from the vessel, two of them on foot and the other flying off the trusty boat. The three soon gathered around each other, looking around Gale Gorge and being generally surprised about what it looked like.

"Well, well, well, here we are! Woo!" Sol the Chikorita was as lively as always, bright as the sun some would say if trying to make a bad pun, like Sol's trainer was known for doing "So, this is Gale Gorge, huh... I guess we should probably get a move on then if you two are ready to, that is." Sol looked at Menma the Mimikyu and Kotori the Swablu who both seemed to be daydreaming about something probably involving dragons considering the species they were.

"Sol-chaaaan, wait for uuuuuuuuuuus." Kotori flapped her wings as she took off to follow Sol's lead, heading further into the gorge which was known as a Dragon and Flying type haven "Sol-chaaaan, aren't you afraid of the flying types we'll encounter here? It's okay to be afraid you know." As always, Kotori was one to worry about the feelings of others before worrying about her own, although she was soon relieved when Sol gave her a nod to say that he was a-ok.

Meanwhile, at the back of the pack, Menma was skipping (Mimikyu can skip, right?) along as she eyed both sides of the gorge and payed little attention to where she was going except for 'in the direction of Sol and Kotori' this soon came to bite Menma with karma as she walked straight into a rock "Owwie, that serves me right for not paying attention though." She span right back around though, looking at the other two through her cloth before all three nodded once more to each other and finally made their proper entrance into Gale Gorge.
__________________
PASBL
TL4/B Ref
WF Updater
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:03 PM   #67
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,789
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Sorry for the delay. Next batch of updates for my crew!

Yuki:

Kanna listens to the Chansey's request, and contemplates on the possibility. While she herself wasn't one for fashion, she knew her friend Minchi would be more than happy to get a new accessory or two. Looking towards Kief, Kanna saw that the Zigzagoon was trying to steal from the hardworking Meowths. Giving him a stern glare, the Zigzagoon slowly slinked back towards Kanna and Yufi before agreeing with the Furret. With all that done with, the Chansey gave a happy smile and asked the group to follow her.

"The docks are just this way, so please follow me!" the Chansey chimed at her fellow friends and travelers, who simply nodded and followed the blob down the the docks.

The docks themselves were bustling with activity, various market stalls selling berries or freshly caught lesser fish for Pokemon to buy or barter. A few wandering merchants tried to haggle the group, but a stern glare from the Chansey was more than enough to chase them away to the more darker recesses of the market.

Soon enough the group reaches the textile ship, only to see a panicked Lopunny looking around. The Pokemon seemed to be a bit frantic, and perked up a bit when the group arrived.

"Oh Chansey! I'm sorry but I have terrible news! Some Caterpie managed to get into the cargo hold and are now eating the textiles. I've sent some of the crew to go find help but they haven't come back yet. Do you think you could assist?" the rabbit asked the joyous Pokemon, who shrugged her head in response.

"Sorry Lopunny, I don't think I can help out here. I only know Strength for offensive moves, and that's to lift these boxes to the shop. Oh, I know. These three said they'd help me deliver the materials since I was running late today. Would you guys mind helping out with this bug infestation?" Chansey asked Kanna, Yufi, and Kana.

What do the trio do?

Balmund:

Sothe contemplated the situation. Most bug-types were able to create silk to help assist in nesting, catching prey, or preparing themselves for evolution. It didn't really narrow down the list of suspects too much, but a look over the crime scene should be enough to help discern at least some clues. Sothe then gave his respond, full of boastful hubris saying that if there was good enough incentive to assist the performers he and Presea would. Presea then delivered a sharp kick into the Sceptile's shin, enjoying the amount of pain the annoying gecko was in. He gave her an angry look, before correcting himself and asking the Bellossom about what reward they could get, instead of what services they could give him.

"Oh!" One of the Bellossom spoke up. "My sister has a garden here in the jungle that specializes in Pokemon enhancing items. Stuff like Luminous Moss, Miracle Seeds, Big Roots... Anything that would help a grass-type such as yourself Mister! If you help us out I can show you where it is afterwards and I'm sure my sister will let you take a few things home with you!"

The offer was certainly tempting.

"Hey, we still need to show them the scene," another one of the Bellossom spoke up.

"Right!" the first one responded, and the group then led Presea and Sothe to the scene.

It was a small hole in a tree, near a makeshift hut of grass and leaves. Inside of the hole was silk, which looked pretty strong yet also incredibly light and thin. This silk was a general characteristic of Spider Pokemon such as Araquanid, Ariados, and Galvantula. Araquanid tend to use their natural water bubbles instead of their silk, and Galvantula silk tends to be a yellow-tint due to the electricity within it. That leaves the most likely suspect a member of the Ariados family.

With this information, what will the duo do?

Naru:

Morgana can only watch in horror as Mochi ignores his fears and waltzes across the land bridge. The Skitty starts to climb up the blue snake, trying to get to the rock it is coiled around. She continues to climb, the Dragonair starting to stir a bit, until the cat sees the stone. It's a brown rock, with warm, red crystals growing out of it. As Mochi gets closer to the rock, the more warmth she can feel being emitted from the rock. It felt perfect to just lay on top of, but a scream from the Litten shocked her back to reality.

The Dragonair was awake, and stared Mochi dead in the eyes. The elegant dragon picked up Mochi and tossed her across the land bridge next to Morgana, before spitting to get rid of the taste of cat in its mouth. It recoils around the rock, this time so it can see both Morgana and Mochi. It watches them, but doesn't dare to speak. Mochi then looks at Morgana and describes the rock in better detail to him. If this rock woulds truly help Pascal, then maybe negotiating with the Dragonair would be the only option,

What will they do?
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #68
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,369
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Balmund:

Sothe contemplated the situation. Most bug-types were able to create silk to help assist in nesting, catching prey, or preparing themselves for evolution. It didn't really narrow down the list of suspects too much, but a look over the crime scene should be enough to help discern at least some clues. Sothe then gave his respond, full of boastful hubris saying that if there was good enough incentive to assist the performers he and Presea would. Presea then delivered a sharp kick into the Sceptile's shin, enjoying the amount of pain the annoying gecko was in. He gave her an angry look, before correcting himself and asking the Bellossom about what reward they could get, instead of what services they could give him.

"Oh!" One of the Bellossom spoke up. "My sister has a garden here in the jungle that specializes in Pokemon enhancing items. Stuff like Luminous Moss, Miracle Seeds, Big Roots... Anything that would help a grass-type such as yourself Mister! If you help us out I can show you where it is afterwards and I'm sure my sister will let you take a few things home with you!"

The offer was certainly tempting.

"Hey, we still need to show them the scene," another one of the Bellossom spoke up.

"Right!" the first one responded, and the group then led Presea and Sothe to the scene.

It was a small hole in a tree, near a makeshift hut of grass and leaves. Inside of the hole was silk, which looked pretty strong yet also incredibly light and thin. This silk was a general characteristic of Spider Pokemon such as Araquanid, Ariados, and Galvantula. Araquanid tend to use their natural water bubbles instead of their silk, and Galvantula silk tends to be a yellow-tint due to the electricity within it. That leaves the most likely suspect a member of the Ariados family.

With this information, what will the duo do?
Despite his earlier allegations regarding the unlikelihood of finding the culprit off a single clue, Sothe already seemed, upon closer inspection of the crime site, to have a far clearer idea of what his potential suspect might possibly be. His sharp eyes could not be fooled! He put the threads to the test, and it only served to ascertain his initial supositions. Such strength. Such texture! Such taste! He became one with the silk and the silk became one with him. He could already envision the goddess of silky threads herself tethering him across all possibilities until it led him to its very exact source. Arachnid silk, it just had to be! Likely one of the Ariados family, if its trip inducing toxic threads were anything to go by (besides the fact the other two candidates were unlikely).

He would end up regretting this. One does not just eat spider silk. Just don't.

Presea on her end just spent her time playing with the silk, rubbing it between her tiny hands before stretching it out. It felt rather sticky and gross. Searching for a nearest object to rub it off, she ends up scrubbing it against the Sceptile's leg. He pays her no mind.

This, too, he would end up regretting.

Sothe's focus then starts to shift around the area, trying in the process to locate where the suspects might've headed off to afterwards. Perhaps a trail of silk residue was left along the way, or something else entirely. As he did, he decided to question the Bellosom in order to see what other intel they could provide.

"M'lovelies, I believe I have enough grounds right now to say in a relatively accurate manner that a spider was involved in this act of thievery." Presea perks up and tilts her head as he mentions the "involvement" bit. Wasn't the maker of this silk the very culprit itself? "And no, sweetie," Sothe interjected, as if reading the Axew's thoughts, "we've not enough evidence to put the blame on anyone yet. For now though, I must ask: have any of you seen either a Spinarak or an Ariados today at this very gathering?"
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 06-20-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:33 PM   #69
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge
 
Brave Saix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 122
Morningstar:

Éclair found herself lead into the fog bank, ever mindful of her duty to the young pair of Pokémon. Aside from reluctance to follow the Espurr, she is surprised to see Monty and Mille in agreement for once. As they walk deeper and deeper into the fog as it grows ever thicker and fewer and fewer flowers pop-up from the floor. Yet despite the fog the Espurr remains in clear view several yards ahead. It never errs to keep that distance and never looks back, stopping on the spot if whenever the trio does.

Then, no sooner that the last flower fades from view behind the group, they notice something more is missing. Something subtle, something that leaves them feeling lighter on their feet but they can't quite figure it out. Suddenly the Espurr stops and turns to them, the same blank stare on its face as it begins to float higher and higher and more quickly so with each second that passes. Then it hits Éclair. It's not rising, they are falling!

More seconds pass as the fog falls away from around them. Below are several cliffs. One has a cluster of pink trees, another has green. Lastly a ridge has a particularly large white spot on it.

How will the group save themselves from this free fall?


Deoxys:

As the group continue to peruse the graveyard Jinbe and Momonga find a Nevermeltice and a Leftovers amongst the supplies. Elsewhere Sucy finds herself eyeing a skull embedded in the ice. She tilts to the left to meet its eye sockets with her own. Then as she tilts back up right she finds that they are still lined up with her's. She begins to hover around in front of the ice, but try as she might she cannot break eye contact. Then the skull begins to speak, its words mirrored in the wind, it tone growing angrier by the word.

Iiiiiiii warned you toooo leaveee,..... yet... you continue to trample on these gravessss....

Crrrrrrkkkk!! Cccrrrkkkkk!!

The ice on the graves begin to crumble as the voice pauses.

Aaaassszzz a ghost yourselvvvvvfff.... one would think you'ddd have more respect for the DDDEEEAAADDDD!!!!

The ice falls away as the bones of the deceased humans and Pokémon form a hand the tightly grips down on Sucy. The remaining seventeen tombs crumble as their bones sound join to the hand creating a monstrous form. Momonga and Jinbe can only look in horror as what can only be described as macabre skeleton of a mermaid prepares to slam the Misdreavus into the icy ground beneath it.
__________________

Last edited by Brave Saix; 07-01-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Brave Saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:30 AM   #70
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiko View Post
*Austo has promised to update me

The trio disembarked from the vessel, two of them on foot and the other flying off the trusty boat. The three soon gathered around each other, looking around Gale Gorge and being generally surprised about what it looked like.

"Well, well, well, here we are! Woo!" Sol the Chikorita was as lively as always, bright as the sun some would say if trying to make a bad pun, like Sol's trainer was known for doing "So, this is Gale Gorge, huh... I guess we should probably get a move on then if you two are ready to, that is." Sol looked at Menma the Mimikyu and Kotori the Swablu who both seemed to be daydreaming about something probably involving dragons considering the species they were.

"Sol-chaaaan, wait for uuuuuuuuuuus." Kotori flapped her wings as she took off to follow Sol's lead, heading further into the gorge which was known as a Dragon and Flying type haven "Sol-chaaaan, aren't you afraid of the flying types we'll encounter here? It's okay to be afraid you know." As always, Kotori was one to worry about the feelings of others before worrying about her own, although she was soon relieved when Sol gave her a nod to say that he was a-ok.

Meanwhile, at the back of the pack, Menma was skipping (Mimikyu can skip, right?) along as she eyed both sides of the gorge and payed little attention to where she was going except for 'in the direction of Sol and Kotori' this soon came to bite Menma with karma as she walked straight into a rock "Owwie, that serves me right for not paying attention though." She span right back around though, looking at the other two through her cloth before all three nodded once more to each other and finally made their proper entrance into Gale Gorge.
The merry crew of Menma, Kotori and Sol made their way through the gorge. The Chikorita seemed to be asserting himself as the dominant member of the the team, his two companions happy enough to follow his lead. A strong wind drove down through the gorge, Kotori was enjoying the challenge however, this environment suited her well. The landscape was rather barren, the high cliffs sported the odd tree clinging to the near vertical walls. There were small patches of grass scattered around but most of it looked rather tough and unpleasant. The team continues to venture up the gorge, steadily making their way up the slope. Suddenly something catches Kotori's eye and she quickly moves to avoid the projectile that rains down from above.

CRACK!

The projectile slams into a nearby boulder, splitting it in half and sending up a cloud of dust and debris. Your team stand at the ready as the dust clears, revealing a small blue dragon pulling himself out of the remains of the boulder. "Awk sorry about that guys, didn't see you there when I jumped, could have really flattened you aye." The Bagon gave itself a once over, checking for any signs of injury. "Eh looks like that wasn't enough, I swear I'm never going to fly. What are you lot doing around here anyways? Any chance you could lend me a hand, I have to get back up the top so I can jump again. It only takes a second to jump but the climb back up takes hours for me, if I can get a few jumps in quick succession I bet I could master flight!" The Bagon was eager to get back up the side of the gorge so it could attempt to fly once more, but you you be willing to help it participate in such reckless behaviour?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #71
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Saix View Post
Morningstar:

Éclair found herself lead into the fog bank, ever mindful of her duty to the young pair of Pokémon. Aside from reluctance to follow the Espurr, she is surprised to see Monty and Mille in agreement for once. As they walk deeper and deeper into the fog as it grows ever thicker and fewer and fewer flowers pop-up from the floor. Yet despite the fog the Espurr remains in clear view several yards ahead. It never errs to keep that distance and never looks back, stopping on the spot if whenever the trio does.

Then, no sooner that the last flower fades from view behind the group, they notice something more is missing. Something subtle, something that leaves them feeling lighter on their feet but they can't quite figure it out. Suddenly the Espurr stops and turns to them, the same blank stare on its face as it begins to float higher and higher and more quickly so with each second that passes. Then it hits Éclair. It's not rising, they are falling!

More seconds pass as the fog falls away from around them. Below are several cliffs. One has a cluster of pink trees, another has green. Lastly a ridge has a particularly large white spot on it.

How will the group save themselves from this free fall?



The small Pokemon walked three across, Eclair placing herself between Monte and Mille to limit any more shenanigans. When Monte would try to start running ahead, Eclair would pull him back sharply with a stern look. Mille focused on the bipedal feline ahead of them. She felt strange, but wasn't quite able to put it in to words.

"Are we still on the Summit?" The Stufful asked, looking down at her feet which were surrounded by the thick fog.

"Yeah! Probably? Definitely," Monte chimed in as he was again pulled back by Eclair. "The nice Espurr lives here so he's probably taking us to his house!"

Eclair and Mille gave each other a look, both secretly hoping that the imagination of the young Scraggy was correct. They walked in silence a bit longer, too afraid to look back and see how far they had gone. The Espurr came to a stop and turned towards the group. It stared blankly with large, purple eyes. Eclair, Mille, and Monte craned their necks up as the Psychic-type rose in the air. It wasn't too odd to Eclair, she first assumed the Pokemon was using some kind of Telekinesis. She began to feel an awful, dropping sensation in her stomach. Frantically she looked down to see that the Espurr had somehow dropped them off of the cliff, and the ground was rushing up towards them incredibly quickly.

She had to think quick. Athena would be devastated if the boat back from Incognito Isle arrived without them. Tears welled up in Eclair's eyes just thinking of the possibility. She knew that they would have to get closer together in order to all land, safely, in the same place. Mille was flailing her limbs wildly, and anything close to her would likely get knocked away. Monte had begun to yell and flail about as well. It was then that Eclair remembered the Fairy Gem still clasped tightly in her hands. She focused on it, hoping to draw out its power. She jolted her head forward, the mouth on her back of her head swinging towards Mille and Monte. The move created sparkles and a pink Fairy Wind, that she hoped would serve as a cushion. Eclair looked back down, surveying her options of where she might try to direct everyone. Though the pink and green trees might break their fall, she was sure it would hurt if they had to tumble through branches. Instead, she aimed herself for the white ridge, hoping it might be soft snow for the trio to land in.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:13 AM   #72
134
Believe that.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
♨ Bubbling Beach ♨


134


As Pouli approaches the Wimpod, it begins to cower even more, scooting back into its horde even further.

"I-I-ok-k-kay! Okay!" it blurts out, stuttering in terror, "I'll take you to him! I'll even show you the way!"

The bug skitters in front of the group, looking nervous the entire time. He slowly approaches the tight, narrow passage made by the walls of the two bubbling pools of hot water. For a split second, you notice a glint - hard to tell if it was in his eye or the shine of his Metal Claw, but either way in barely any time at all, the Pokémon slashes at the side of one of the pools. A cascade of rocks tumble to the ground, piling up between the springs and blocking the exit. Water begins to trickle from the side of the spring and flow over the pile of rocks, which slowly begins to pool around your feet.

"That horrid coward!" the Pansear shouts in rage, before yelping at the sight of the slowly rising water level.

Though the water is not presenting an immediate danger, it might not be the best idea to stick around long to see how high it gets. And what's more, the thief has betrayed you once again and broken his promise. The rocks blocking your path aren't terribly big, but the water running over them is fairly hot. And once you manage to get out, you'll still have to figure out how to find the Wimpod... How will you get out of this situation?

"That two-timing sack of-" Niho began. Pouli cut her off with a gasp.

"NIHO!" Barked the Houndour, incredulous. "Language!"

"What?!" Lamented Niho. "‘Uala talks like that all the time!"

"Well you're not ‘Uala!" Reprimanded Pouli, disgruntled. She snorted, and began pacing in the small area, trying to think of a plan as the hot water began rising up around her ankles. "We have to get over the rocks."

"I bet I could climb over them from here," Niho suggested, from her perch on Pouli's back. She dug her heels into the Houndour's ribs for extra punctuation. Pouli grunted, and looked back at her, giving her a slightly dirty look. Niho grinned, apologetically. Pouli sighed again.

"Then what would you do?" Pouli asked, disheartened. "You can't take on that little snot's boss!"

"No," Niho conceded, reluctantly. She didn't like to admit it, but she wasn't much of a battler. "...but you could."

"What?" Pouli asked, as Niho slid off of her back. The Totodile walked up to their escort, still wearing her leafy mask, and offered one clawed hand to her.

"Help me give P a boost over the rocks!" she urged, a bit desperately. "She's big, but I bet if we work together, we can do it! Then she can track down the thief for us! She has a heck of a nose, and a lot more techniques than I do! She'll get the job done for sure, I promise! A-as for us, um-"

Niho paused, and looked at the water. Then she inhaled.

"...I'll give you a boost! I can swim, so... I'll stay behind!"
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Incognito Isle

Active Team @ Abominable Snowdown


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:54 PM   #73
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life
 
AshsBabyLapras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,865
Pichu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
♨ Bubbling Beach ♨

AshsBabyLapras

Hoping to find the perpetrators before the sun sets, the group returns with the ball to the beach. Before you can begin their search in earnest, though, you're met by the Seel, still waiting nervously by the dunes. The bold Seel's eyes light up upon your return.

"Oh, you found it!" she cheers, "Thank you so much!"

"It's a little worse for the wear, but at least it's still in one piece and not totally deflated," the timid Seel comments, taking the ball back from Peaches and fumbling with it a bit, managing to get the air hole opened and attempting to reinflate it a bit, unintentionally blowing raspberries with his big tongue.

"You should come to our alcove down the beach this evening so we can give you a proper reward for your help," the bolder Seel offers.

"Yeah, we'd love to have you!" the timid Seel chimes in.

This enthusiasm is short lived, however, as he looks over and prods his friend, noticing the approach of the Rough Customers.

"We gotta go - see you later!" he says, the two of them flopping off, beelining towards the waves for a quicker getaway.

With the Seels reunited with their ball, all that's left to deal with is the beach bullies, who have stopped their advance and are milling about a tide pool, likely up to no good. The Houndour and Corphish seem to be chatting, but Panpour is sitting alone, idly running a finger through the sand. With the beach still largely abandoned, they have no one to torment, but they're likely plotting their next scheme...
Dreamer | Sebastian | Peaches


Peaches hands over the treasured item, beaming as its rightful owners take it back into their possession. "Puff! Puuuuff!" she cries encouragingly, sounding more like a particular little Fairy than the sparkmouse she is in reality, and sticks her own tongue out in some sort of display of solidarity. Sebastian feels himself starting to sweat just a little, hoping the Seel won't be too sensitive about an... homage like that.

Fortunately for the nervous Mudkip, the Seel extend a kind invitation to the group instead and neither Seel seems perturbed... At least, until the gang of bullies reappear on the scene. Immediately, Dreamer's tail begins to twitch in agitation.

"Onto the next order of business then," she says in a low hiss.

"Now, Dreamer, let's not be too hasty in-"

But before Sebastian can even finish a single mollifying sentence, Dreamer stalks off towards the Rough Customers. Anxious to stop her before she can say something she won't be able to take back - Dreamer is unlikely to actually regret anything that comes out of her mouth - Sebastian hurries after her.

Unfazed, the Espeon marches up to the Houndour and Corphish, openly glowering. "We need to talk about your behaviour," she declares. "It's unacceptable."

Crouching alongside her, Sebastian continues to sweat. Still, if it should come to a fight, he expects he should be able to hold his own. It would just be nice if Dreamer didn't go out of her way to incite anything.

Meanwhile, little Peaches has been left with nothing much to do, her beach ball minding duty now over with. "Deemer and 'basshun" seem too occupied to play, and they look kind of grumpy at the moment anyway. She spots Panpour all alone and toddles over to the troubled young monkey.

"Hi!" she says brightly. "Draw?"

Without waiting for a response, she sticks her own mitteny paw in the sand, drawing her best big smilie face. (It's a bit wobbly, but recognisable enough.)
__________________

すれ違うだけの距離が歯痒い 手を伸ばせば届きそうなのに
意味があるのなら教えて欲しい 締め付ける胸の痛みの
「イツダッテ ウソミタイ アイシタテ ノ ユメミライ」


f i z z y b u b b l e s | w i l d f u t u r e

Quote:
morningstar - Today at 12:46 PM
her whole being is Arashi

AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:56 AM   #74
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,534
★ Starlight Summit ★


Missingno. Master

In spite of a healthy dose of skepticism towards the Clefairy, the group decides to give her the benefit of the doubt and let her go, as long as she returns the ball. She seems rather relieved by your collective decision, and willingly relinquishes the ball, passing it over to Chromium.

"I'm the one who should be apologizing!" she insists, "I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, really!"

With the ball returned, the Clefairy skips off into the darkness of the cave, clearly eager to cause no further trouble. Your primary goal has been achieved, but you still need to return the ball to its rightful owner and you'll have to get out of the cave to do that. But with the entrance blocked and the remainder of the cave unknown to the group, it is not exactly a simple or straightforward task. You could wander around the cave in hopes of finding another exit, but who knows how deep this cave goes, and you don't exactly have infinite time to stumble upon an egress. You could also try to find a guide, but the only potential one you've come across so far has just gamboled into the shadows.

Before you have much time to consider your options, however, you hear a commotion coming from the caves ahead. The sounds of flapping and screeching from the other branch from before have followed you here, but this time, a scream accompanies them. It appears a Pokémon is in trouble! Will you come to their rescue?



♨ Bubbling Beach ♨

AshsBabyLapras

As Dreamer approaches them with a great deal of boldness, in spite of the warnings from Sebastian, the Houndour and Corphish take quick notice, spinning around as Dreamer confronts them. At her suggestion of talking about their unacceptable behavior, the two ruffians laugh derisively.

"Who are you, our mom?" the Houndour quips.

"Why should we listen to you?" continues the Corphish.

"Some big shot adventure team wanders onto our beach and tells us the way we do things is 'unacceptable'. Hah!"

While the two of them continue to chatter and laugh, clearly not willing to negotiate through words, Peaches is busy sketching smilies in the sand with her paw. The Panpour takes notice fairly quickly, smiling in response. She approaches, looking to be happy to oblige the Pichu. With her club tipped tail, she draws a little face in the sand herself, seeming to be rather deft with her appendage. She manages to skillfully draw what looks like a self-portrait, a happy looking Panpour face smiling back at Peaches.

Once the rough pair feels like they've had their fun, they both give one more snickering laugh, and turn away.

"We're out of here," the Houndour declares, clearly unwilling to negotiate or settle this, "C'mon, you monkey, let's go somewhere where these losers aren't."

As the others saunter away, Panpour hesitates, clearly not too eager to follow the obnoxious duo she has found herself entangled with. Although diplomacy seems to have failed, you might be able to still convince Panpour to stand against the Rough Customers, and maybe with some mild trickery or aggression, break their stranglehold over the beach...


134


Opting to hoist Pouli over the rock and have her hunt down the scuttling, cowardly bug, Niho enlists the help of the Pansear to get her over the wet rocks.

"Sure, let's give it a shot!"

Everyone getting into position, Niho and Pansear get up behind Pouli's posterior. With all their effort and weight behind them, they manage to shove her up the side of the slippery rocks. She claws and flails a bit, but she makes it to the top, sliding down the other side.

"I can't let you go alone!" Pansear declares once Pouli makes it to the other side.

With her simian deftness, she bounds up the rocks and over without too much problem, making it to the other side. Once you're both freed from the trap, you quickly note the trail the Wimpod left behind in the sand. It seems in its panic it didn't even bother to cover its tracks, meaning Pouli's expert tracking skills aren't even needed!

Trailing the line in the sand takes you to another complex of hot springs, this one quite a bit taller than the others. Three tiers of springs are arranged in a staggered fashion, creating a hidden alcove in the middle. The tracks lead right into the alcove. Through it, you can see glints of light and some movement. It seems the Wimpod is inside, likely along with the Golisopod. You recognize the items inside to be of some value.

"I'm sure all of that is stolen," Panpour theorizes, "I'm definitely not the only one to have been stolen from by these criminals. What do you think we should do? Try to get some of them back? Confront Golisopod?"

Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:48 AM   #75
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- They had been sent off by their trainer for some independant experience but tensions were already running hot between the Munchlax and Staryu. The Munchlax had made his feelings towards the Staryu more than obvious, he despised the Staryu. To him it was likely the biggest mistake his trainer had ever made, the emotionless starfish was nothing more than a liability. For some reason it seemed to be acting out of its own self interest, something the Munchlax would likely not stand for. Following the spinning star down the beach, the Munchlax soon spots what appears to be a concession stand. A sudden burst of speed sees the Munchlax reach the stand in nearly an instant, he eagerly leans over the counter to see what they are selling.

Two squishy looking gastropods rest behind the counter, one coloured pink and brown, the other blue and green. The shelves were quite bare, a few rough looking berries, a handful of assorted items and a pair of broken Pokeballs. "Welcome to Gastrodon's Gastronomic Gallery", mutters the pink Gastrodon. "I'm afraid we aren't able to serve customers at the moment", interjects the blue Gastrodon, "we have a large order to cater for at the hot springs but we are having trouble getting there." The pink Gastrodon stretches its head up to look the Munchlax in the eye. It then cranes its head around to look at the Staryu who continues to scan the beach intently. "Think you could lend us a hand? If you could we would be more than happy to compensate you for your hard work."

A reward would certainly be appreciated, the Professor surely wouldn't be pleased if his Pokemon returned empty handed. The only issue was whether or not an understanding could be made between the Munchlax and Staryu, because at the moment their interests didn't seem to align at all.
Munchlax stared at the two Gastrodon with a look that shifted from excited, to extremely disappointed, to unspeakably bored. There was no food, he was expected to put in work, and the odds of the slugs' reward being edible were slim to none, since it was an order made by someone else - how was he supposed to care? Sure, Rorik would probably enjoy whatever shiny trinket they got out of the deal, but frankly, why should he even care about what Rorik wanted? He belonged to Gottfried, Heiml's undefeated Champion, not the Professor! The clueless man - "expert in bonds", he called himself! - wouldn't even give him a proper name...

On the other hand, the offer seemed to please Staryu greatly. It was never obvious with the faceless thing, but the way its light flickered on and off repeatedly gave away its intention - it wanted to go along with the Gastrodon's request. Munchlax looked at it, puzzled; why would the strange thing even care? It had no mouth with which to eat, and for all he knew, no heart and no brain either. Where was its motivation coming from? What did it stand to gain by wasting time with the two slugs? He'd be damned if he ever managed to understand the pointy critter...

He hated to admit it, but he knew he was at Staryu's mercy. If the starfish wanted to go ahead with this, Munchlax knew he lacked the power to oppose its mind-bending abilities. And as such, there was nothing else he could do but follow the Water-Type's lead... worst of all, he'd have to serve as Staryu's mouthpiece. Bending over the counter, he yawned before asking what was the problem near the hot springs...
__________________
Maskerade is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.