UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 190
New Fizz City: The Metropolitan Zone

New Fizz City
The Greater Fizzby Metropolitan Zone


~Please initially post in Gray~

Newly renamed after the turmoil that gripped the region had settled, New Fizz City shines as a beacon of the region’s new future. Sprawling for miles across the land and stretching up into the sky, New Fizz City is truly the pinnacle of a metropolis. In this city that never sleeps, there’s so much to do and see you’d be hard-pressed to have a boring time.


Downtown – The Business & Entertainment Districts

The Municipal Plaza: Located right at the heart of the city, the Municipal Plaza holds many of the buildings necessary for a city to run, among them the main Municipal Building – home to the Mayor of New Fizz City, Jules Brown – and the central police headquarters. Additionally, at the center of the plaza is the Fizzygarden Park, a popular gathering point among trainers and tourists alike. Like much of the city urban Pokémon are common, though in the Park a much larger variety is also found.

High Street: Coming off of the Municipal Plaza, High Street is the best place to shop in the entire city. Lined with stores as far as the eye can see, if you’re looking for something you can bet that someplace here has it. Even if you don’t have a goal in mind, something is sure to catch your attention when strolling down High Street. Typically, trainer owned Pokémon are more common than any wild ones on High Street, though there’s always a chance you might find a stray creature down one of the many alleys that branch off from the street.

Knowledge Square: On the edge between the suburbs and downtown, Knowledge Square exists as the premier gathering point of academics and anyone interested in learning something new. Across the several blocks of Knowledge Square several popular museums exist, including the famed Fizzby Metropolitan Art Museum. If books are more your cup of tea, then you might rather visit the New Fizz Public Library – one of the largest libraries in the region – or possibly tour the University of Fizzy Bubbles. Lastly, at the heart of Knowledge Square sits the Pokémon Research Centre, where several famous professors and academics gather to share studies and give lectures. If you’re lucky, some might even be looking for some research help.

The Unofficial NFC Gym: Though no official gym circuit exists in the region, that has not stopped trainers of all strengths from gathering at the Unofficial NFC Gym. With tourneys going on all the time, if battles are what you’re looking for, this is the place to be. Wild Pokémon aren’t terribly common around the gym, though if one is found you can bet it is one looking to get stronger.

Nightlife Row: Living up to its name, Nightlife Row is the place to be – and party at – when the sky grows dark. In the day, however, Nightlife Row tends to house a much different and generally seedier clientele. Be careful if on your own, because you never know what kind of deals might be going down in Nightlife Row.


The Harbor District

Fizzby Harbor: A main port of trade in the region, Fizzby Harbor always has a few ships docked at any given time. Most are here for business, but if you ask around you might just find a captain or two willing to take some extra crew members aboard for jobs or for a sightseeing tour (just watch out for the SS. Finneon; it has a habit of getting lost even on simple three hour tours!).

Fishing Cove: At the junction between the harbor and beach lies a small out of the way cove. The locals and visitors alike swear that this might just be the holy grail of fishing sites, leading to its name: Fishing Cove. If you want a calm area to just fish and relax, this is the place for you. And don’t forget to record your catches! The fish hut nestled back in the cove is always giving out prizes for the biggest or best catch of the day.

Bubbling Beach: The main tourist draw of the harbor district, Bubbling Beach’s undersea vents leave the waters bubbly, but not chaotic enough that swimming becomes impossible. Popular among families, the Bubbling Beach Boardwalk is also generally busy, but with ever changing attractions and events, there’s always a reason to come back. Like much of the harbor, water-types and other Pokémon who love the sea tend to congregate.

Treasure Island: Located a few miles off the harbor’s coast, Treasure Island has become something of a legend amongst both NFC’s residents and the visiting sailors. On the surface, items frequently wash up with the tide. Legends say though of a great treasure hidden somewhere in the caves beneath. No one’s found it yet, but if you’re lucky enough, the legends about this island might just be right. Another thing of note about the island is its high leveled Pokémon of varying species, unusually so for the city. Some think this lends to the treasure theory, though others just think the Pokémon here are of a tougher breed than those in the city.


New Fizz City Outskirts

Fizzitopian Power Plant: Situated on the far outskirts of the city, the Fizzitopian Power Plant provides power not only for New Fizz City but much of the surrounding areas. Operated by skilled technicians and a loyal and well-kept troop of Voltorb and Electrode, this Power Plant is happy to say that it hasn’t had an outage in over fifty years. Many electric Pokémon are found here, mooching off the excess electricity and sometimes even pitching in themselves. Additionally, certain Pokémon needing electromagnetic influence to evolve have been recently reported to do so on and near the Power Plant grounds.

The Fizzby Railyard: The centralized hub for all railway activity on this side of the region, the Fizzby Railyard does on land what the Harbor does for the sea. Though all tracks are kept clear of Pokémon for the safety of everyone, many steel-types still like to hang around the yard wherever they can.

Bullarum Industrial Complex: Situated with the Harbor on one side and the Railyard on the other, the Bullarum Industrial Complex is in the perfect place for shipping and trading. Styled after the Virbank Complex in Unova, the Bullarum Complex specializes in oil refinery and distribution, though warehousing is an equally important part of the Complex’s business. Much like the Railyard, steel-types tend to gather here though fire-types and poison-types are also common. Additionally, ice-types love to gather at the cold-storage warehouses scattered around the complex.

Last edited by Rotom310; 06-10-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:07 PM   #2
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 190

ZA - Rotom310
Updating:
- Kawaiiconcept
- Heather
- OkikuMew
ZU - Maskerade
Updating:
-deoxys
-Schala
-Morningstar
-Kyuu-Tales
-PikaGod

Last edited by Rotom310; 09-09-2017 at 06:17 PM.
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:38 AM   #3
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
New Fizz City
The Greater Fizzby Metropolitan Zone


~Please initially post in Gray~

Newly renamed after the turmoil that gripped the region had settled, New Fizz City shines as a beacon of the region’s new future. Sprawling for miles across the land and stretching up into the sky, New Fizz City is truly the pinnacle of a metropolis. In this city that never sleeps, there’s so much to do and see you’d be hard-pressed to have a boring time.


Downtown – The Business & Entertainment Districts

The Municipal Plaza: Located right at the heart of the city, the Municipal Plaza holds many of the buildings necessary for a city to run, among them the main Municipal Building – home to the Mayor of New Fizz City, Jules Brown – and the central police headquarters. Additionally, at the center of the plaza is the Fizzygarden Park, a popular gathering point among trainers and tourists alike. Like much of the city urban Pokémon are common, though in the Park a much larger variety is also found.


Kawaii was not normally a people person, yet strolling through the park made her feel calm. Maybe is was the fact that her first Fizzytopian friendship was made in a park or maybe it was just that nature calmed her down. Whatever it was she was happy. Her constant companion Frieghya,the espeon, was beside her. Their footsteps matching exactly even though one of them had two more legs than the other. The two were connected since the day they met and even breathed in sync.
Even so Kawaii was constantly on the lookout for new pokemon. She never had any specific ones in mind. In fact, the pink haired trainer took in any and all pokemon in need. She knew that someday she wanted to be a pokemon breeder so that she could care for all different kinds if pokemon.
The pink-ette stopped and smiled as an idea came for her. She closed her eyes and radomly selected one. Out popped a small metal creature. It was an Aron named Erin. He was wearing a black fedora and would tip his hat to any lady pokenon who passed them. His trainer giggled every time he did so. Eventually she stopped in a shady spot and lay down on her back. The gentle breeze blew through the tree branches above her. Her loyal Espeon took her place laying on her trainer's tummy while Erin curled up in the grass just beside her.
Kawaii closed her eyes and let her thoughts wander untill she didn't know if she was alseep or meditating. That was just the way she liked it.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:07 AM   #4
Heather
POOTIS!
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Under the Gay Cloud
Posts: 2,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
New Fizz City
The Greater Fizzby Metropolitan Zone


~Please initially post in Gray~

Newly renamed after the turmoil that gripped the region had settled, New Fizz City shines as a beacon of the region’s new future. Sprawling for miles across the land and stretching up into the sky, New Fizz City is truly the pinnacle of a metropolis. In this city that never sleeps, there’s so much to do and see you’d be hard-pressed to have a boring time.

Fizzitopian Power Plant: Situated on the far outskirts of the city, the Fizzitopian Power Plant provides power not only for New Fizz City but much of the surrounding areas. Operated by skilled technicians and a loyal and well-kept troop of Voltorb and Electrode, this Power Plant is happy to say that it hasn’t had an outage in over fifty years. Many electric Pokémon are found here, mooching off the excess electricity and sometimes even pitching in themselves.
A sprightly, adventuring young woman probably wasn't the expected kind of sight at a power plant, especially not with a small, sleeping white fox in her arms and a flying squirrel on her shoulder. But then again, Heather never did much care about what others expected. She was here for one reason, and one reason only: to have an adventure. Well, maybe two, since finding another Electric type to add to her team wouldn't be a bad shout. All was not well with this traveling troupe, however, as the flying squirrel seemed awfully concerned about something.

"Look, I'm just saying that the Steel and Electric Type go hand in hand a bunch, and a Steel Type would crush Danni in battle. Did you have to bring her with us?" the Emolga, Grace, asked, exasperated.

"You know how Danni gets when I leave her behind. If Ryuko's not there, she'll go nuts. I'm not leaving the both of them behind, and I'm not having the Base in progress see any more indoor snowstorms. Speaking of Ryuko, you were supposed to get her out of that bunny suit so I could wash it." Heather retorted, stroking the sleeping Alolan Vulpix's head gently, Grace rolling her eyes.

"Look, I tried my best, alright? You're gonna have to figure something out on that front!" the Emolga replied, frustrated. "Whatever. We're coming up on the place. You want to just snoop around for any wild Pokemon, or what?"

"Let's not get mistaken for trespassers, Grace. We should introduce ourselves first." Heather said, heading for the front entrance, Danni continuing to sleep peacefully in her arms.

"...Yeah, sound advice." Grace said absently.
__________________
Confidence (Some Assembly Required): Because NQNH's save file is now RIP
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Things One Is Not Allowed To Do In Exalted
244) While not FORBIDDEN, my Midnight is to keep in mind that using an army of animated skeletons in order to fill the town square with a rendition of "Spooky Scary Skeletons" is going to be considered odd at best.
WF Things
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:19 AM   #5
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
New Fizz City
The Greater Fizzby Metropolitan Zone


~Please initially post in Gray~

Newly renamed after the turmoil that gripped the region had settled, New Fizz City shines as a beacon of the region’s new future. Sprawling for miles across the land and stretching up into the sky, New Fizz City is truly the pinnacle of a metropolis. In this city that never sleeps, there’s so much to do and see you’d be hard-pressed to have a boring time.

New Fizz City Outskirts

The Fizzby Railyard: The centralized hub for all railway activity on this side of the region, the Fizzby Railyard does on land what the Harbor does for the sea. Though all tracks are kept clear of Pokémon for the safety of everyone, many steel-types still like to hang around the yard wherever they can.
Jayson hopped off the train, happy to have hitched a ride to his destination this time instead of having to travel on foot like usual. His long term solution to foot travel hopped off next to him, Boudicca the Mudbray let out a whinny as she landed heavily on the compact earth. Atalanta the Rowlett nuzzled into Jayson's neck before fluttering down to land atop Boudicca's head, a strong friendship had begun to blossom between the two. Jayson looked around the railyard, there was definitely plenty going on. Workers loaded cargo and worked on track and train, some even aided by their own Pokemon. Still fairly fresh in his journey around this new region, Jayson had whims for more Pokemon. He wished to see his numbers swell with more Pokemon with the hearts of warriors, those that were eager to fight and adventure.

However he needed more than just Pokemon, he needed money and items as well. His purse was lighter than he would like and his bag was still all but empty. Some hard work would hopefully see both gain weight, surely there was some work around here for a fresh body like his. Boudicca and Atalanta could also use some time to strengthen themselves, both still rather inexperienced but also eager to prove themselves.

Jayson made his way through the railyard, his Pokemon trailing close behind. Most of the other people in the area seemed busy doing their own work, none of them stuck out as someone he could ask for work.

"Keep your eyes peeled girls, maybe we will run into someone we can help."
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:32 PM   #6
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 190
So hello to my first batch of updatees! I hope your adventures are pleasant and satisfying. As you'll see below, I've given each of you a unique color for your adventure. They should all be in colors easy to see, but should they not please just let me know and I'll find a different color. Also, in each of your updates below you have a choice to make. You are absolutely free to take either option, or even try a third if you like. I'm updating this like I would DM a D&D game, so while I have a loose idea of what I'd like to do here, I am pretty ready to roll with whatever you guys decide to do. Just please don't try to pull a Henderson as hilarious as that might become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
Spoiler: show
Kawaii was not normally a people person, yet strolling through the park made her feel calm. Maybe is was the fact that her first Fizzytopian friendship was made in a park or maybe it was just that nature calmed her down. Whatever it was she was happy. Her constant companion Frieghya,the espeon, was beside her. Their footsteps matching exactly even though one of them had two more legs than the other. The two were connected since the day they met and even breathed in sync.
Even so Kawaii was constantly on the lookout for new pokemon. She never had any specific ones in mind. In fact, the pink haired trainer took in any and all pokemon in need. She knew that someday she wanted to be a pokemon breeder so that she could care for all different kinds if pokemon.
The pink-ette stopped and smiled as an idea came for her. She closed her eyes and radomly selected one. Out popped a small metal creature. It was an Aron named Erin. He was wearing a black fedora and would tip his hat to any lady pokenon who passed them. His trainer giggled every time he did so. Eventually she stopped in a shady spot and lay down on her back. The gentle breeze blew through the tree branches above her. Her loyal Espeon took her place laying on her trainer's tummy while Erin curled up in the grass just beside her.
Kawaii closed her eyes and let her thoughts wander untill she didn't know if she was alseep or meditating. That was just the way she liked it.
kawaiiconcept: (Please now reply in PaleGreen) With sense of calm flowing through you, you make your way through the park. Though not the biggest as far as parks go, the Fizzygarden Park is certainly big enough to let the sights and sounds of the city momentarily wash away and let the ambiance of nature surround you. With your most trusted companion at your side, ostensibly you have made your way here to find another friend to add to your many. Instead of having a specific desire in mind, though, you instead let fate play out as it is wont to do. What happens will happen, and you are content with letting chance guide you. In fact, as you reach for a Poke Ball in your possession at random, it seems you let this principle guide much of your life. At your feet, a small steel creature appears, with an odd but rather dashing fedora atop his head. Fate has decided that Erin will play a part today, but what part might it be?

Surprisingly, for a park as acclaimed as this one, today it seems to be at a lull in activity. There are still people to be found, but a great many less than one would have expected. Idly you wonder why this might be, but soon the thought passes as you spy a large tree directly ahead. Full and quite healthy-looking, casting a wide field of shade down on the hill it rests, the tree seems to be the perfect place for a quick pause in your travel.

Making your way up the hill, you find a nice-looking spot to relax. Using a short bit of exposed root as a pillow, you lay on your back. Between the comforting weight of your Espeon on your stomach, the warmth of your Aron against your side, and the soothing wsshhh of the breeze through the above branches, you fall into your favored state of mind. Not quite slumber but not quite meditation, you just are in this blissful blankness. Relaxed as you are, time starts to escape from you. Minutes pass, or maybe hours. Probably not days, but in your state of mind that might actually be a possibility. As all good things do, though, this bliss eventually comes to an end. Rather abruptly, too, as something lands atop your face.

Startled into awareness, you grab at the strange object covering your face. It wasn't heavy, certainly not enough to injure you, but the sudden impact was still surprising after the serenity you felt moments before. As your mind returns to you, you focus down on the object now gripped in your hands: a small sheet of standard printer paper. It appears to be some sort of missing poster, if the large block lettering along the top edge is any indication. At its center a picture runs from edge to edge of a Zorua, well-groomed with a color around its throat and smiling impishly up at the camera. Below the photo a small description rests, summarizing the appearance and demeanor of the above Pokémon, along with a reward listing and contact number.

Just as you finish reading the poster, Frieghya perks up, and soon you hear what she likely heard: the thud of footsteps coming up the hill in your direction. You turn, and see a young woman running up to you. She seems to be your age, maybe only a year or two younger. The woman is dressed rather plainly, in grey jeans and a dark red Henley. Her long black hair sways out behind her as she runs, though what your gaze primarily focuses on is the thick stack of posters in her arms.

"Oh, my gosh, I'm so sorry," the woman says in a low contralto voice. "The wind just caught that one right as I was about to post it." She nods back down the hill, at a small post slightly off the path you hadn't noticed before. It seemed to be a notice column, covered in fliers of various sorts: some advertisements, some help wanted requests, some just general garbage that would doubtless be a shitpost had it been online. Turning your attention back to the woman, you find behind her initial embarrassment she seems very melancholy, with a definite slump to her shoulders. At your side your Espeon gives a little tug at your shirt; with her psychic abilities, she also seems to have noticed this woman's sadness.

The woman reaches up and takes the poster from your hands, adding it to her stack. "Really, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to... yeah..." She awkwardly trails off with a sheepish grin that upon further inspection looks visibly forced. "Well, I'm just going to... go now..." The woman bobs in what might pass as an awkward nod towards you, before turning and starting back down the hill.

Well, it seems fate has crossed your path with this woman's. At some point though, even with fate guiding you must still make a choice in what action you take. Do you stop her? Do you let her go on with her life? As the woman begins to walk away... In this crossroad of decisions... What will you do?

(Declared Pokemon: Lv.22 Espeon, Lv.7 Aron)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Spoiler: show
A sprightly, adventuring young woman probably wasn't the expected kind of sight at a power plant, especially not with a small, sleeping white fox in her arms and a flying squirrel on her shoulder. But then again, Heather never did much care about what others expected. She was here for one reason, and one reason only: to have an adventure. Well, maybe two, since finding another Electric type to add to her team wouldn't be a bad shout. All was not well with this traveling troupe, however, as the flying squirrel seemed awfully concerned about something.

"Look, I'm just saying that the Steel and Electric Type go hand in hand a bunch, and a Steel Type would crush Danni in battle. Did you have to bring her with us?" the Emolga, Grace, asked, exasperated.

"You know how Danni gets when I leave her behind. If Ryuko's not there, she'll go nuts. I'm not leaving the both of them behind, and I'm not having the Base in progress see any more indoor snowstorms. Speaking of Ryuko, you were supposed to get her out of that bunny suit so I could wash it." Heather retorted, stroking the sleeping Alolan Vulpix's head gently, Grace rolling her eyes.

"Look, I tried my best, alright? You're gonna have to figure something out on that front!" the Emolga replied, frustrated. "Whatever. We're coming up on the place. You want to just snoop around for any wild Pokemon, or what?"

"Let's not get mistaken for trespassers, Grace. We should introduce ourselves first." Heather said, heading for the front entrance, Danni continuing to sleep peacefully in her arms.

"...Yeah, sound advice." Grace said absently.
Heather: (Please now reply in Gold) For those thirsting for adventure, a power plant might not necessarily be one's first choice. In particular, the Fizzitopian Power Plant seems an especially strange choice, what with its surprising record. Boasting fifty-plus years without a major outage in operation, there doesn't seem anything particularly exciting about a trip there. Nevertheless, with a passion for electric-types and a strong disregard towards other's expectations of you, this power plant seems the perfect place to go poke around for an adventure. Or, you know, at least maybe a new companion.

With your longtime partner, Grace, on your shoulder and your newer companion, Danni, asleep in your arms, you find yourself walking alongside the road up towards the Power Plant. Nestled on a shallow plateau with craggy, mountainous terrain on either side from your perspective, the Power Plant seems to be a bit of a misnomer. No, it seems less a singular plant and more a sprawling compound. At the front, just beyond a large parking lot dotted with vehicles, a tall stone building rests. Even from your distance you can tell that it is big, easily larger than a respectably sized warehouse and three, maybe four stories high - and it is not even the tallest you can see. Looming behind this first building, like the giant over Jack, a secondary building stands. If the first was three stories, this must be twice that. In their distance, details on the exteriors are hard to make out, but from what you can see they both are a plain white color. The foremost has windows along each floor. Behind it, the larger building is only periodically dotted with windows, leaving large swatches of blank stone.

Crossing onto the parking lot, you can see that a tall chain fence shoots off in both directions from the front building towards the mountainous crags surrounding the compound. Signs warning of high voltage beyond hang from the fence at regular intervals, and as you near the building you can see that several yards past the first fence another lines the compound. It seems they are very conscious about restricted area here. Probably for the best, as just beyond the second set of fencing several tall pylons jut out into the sky, trailing power lines away from the plant and down to the city below. Past these pylons and the giant of a building, in the far distance a few more buildings lie, much smaller but the same plain design of the one now directly in front of you.

You reach the front entrance, stopping the argument with Grace, reassuring her that Danni is fine to be with you on this potential adventure. Upon Grace's enquire to snoop around, you decide that the best approach would be direct. You wouldn't want to be considered a trespasser, after all. Just as well, since while it probably wouldn't be impossible, sneaking out into the compound unsupervised would definitely be a difficult endeavor.

As you step in front of the entrance, two large glass doors slide open for you, bringing with them the sweet breeze of inside air conditioning escaping out into the hot midday heat. Though she doesn't wake, Danni gives a little shift in your arms with a pleased sigh at the temperature change. Stepping into the building, you find yourself in what you imagine might be a lobby. To your immediate right is a long L-shaped counter, behind which a receptionist sits apparently bored as she twirls a strand of hair around her finger absentmindedly. Straight ahead a flat screen TV rests against the wall cycling currently through a presentation over the Plant facilities. Underneath this TV and to the left you see a seating area of rather comfortable looking circular couches, arranged in almost a full circle and currently occupied by a large group of people of mixed age and gender. Some are talking amongst themselves, though just as many are sitting quietly on their phones or other such devices. Further left, the room opens into a large open space. It seems to be an educational area maybe? The large model of what somewhat resembles what you've seen of the compound suggests so. Lastly, just beyond the opening of a small hall currently out of your sight, a pair of sliding glass doors just like what you stepped through holds open, allowing an older gentleman out from... a gift shop?

Now inside the Power Plant, or at least the foremost building of it, you find yourself with a decision to make. This facility seems fairly welcoming to visitors, if the gift shop is any indication, but if you still wished to introduce yourself the receptionist certainly doesn't seem busy. Or perhaps, you might approach this group of people introduce yourself to them. Or even still you might venture over to the educational area, learn more about the plant? Admittedly, beyond its stellar reputation and the general knowledge that electric-types gather here, you don't really know much of how this plant operates. And of course, there is always the gift shop. Spend some money, get some souvenirs. Who knows what you might find in there.

The decision is yours. What will you do?

(Declared Pokémon: Lv.5 Emolga, Lv.1 Alola Vulpix)


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Spoiler: show
Jayson hopped off the train, happy to have hitched a ride to his destination this time instead of having to travel on foot like usual. His long term solution to foot travel hopped off next to him, Boudicca the Mudbray let out a whinny as she landed heavily on the compact earth. Atalanta the Rowlett nuzzled into Jayson's neck before fluttering down to land atop Boudicca's head, a strong friendship had begun to blossom between the two. Jayson looked around the railyard, there was definitely plenty going on. Workers loaded cargo and worked on track and train, some even aided by their own Pokemon. Still fairly fresh in his journey around this new region, Jayson had whims for more Pokemon. He wished to see his numbers swell with more Pokemon with the hearts of warriors, those that were eager to fight and adventure.

However he needed more than just Pokemon, he needed money and items as well. His purse was lighter than he would like and his bag was still all but empty. Some hard work would hopefully see both gain weight, surely there was some work around here for a fresh body like his. Boudicca and Atalanta could also use some time to strengthen themselves, both still rather inexperienced but also eager to prove themselves.

Jayson made his way through the railyard, his Pokemon trailing close behind. Most of the other people in the area seemed busy doing their own work, none of them stuck out as someone he could ask for work.

"Keep your eyes peeled girls, maybe we will run into someone we can help."
TheKnightsFury: (Please now reply in Sienna) Clambering down from the boxcar, you're happy that the conductor of this train was amiable towards hitchhikers. It would've been doable, to be sure, to have walked this distance what with your hardy team, but any bit of rest in this long journey is appreciated. As you stretch out beside the car, loosening from the admittedly somewhat cramped travel accommodations, your two companions jump down to join you. Boudicca, your Mudbray, gives off a whinny as she lands on the hard earth nearby. Atalanta, your trusty Rowlett, meanwhile, gives you a nuzzle before perching atop the young jennet's head. Seeing the easy friendship between the two brings a smile to your face, though your expression quickly hardens to something more resolute as your mind turns to your goals here. Though finding a new warrior to join your team would be nice, today your goals tend toward the material things: money and supplies, neither of which you have as much as you'd like. Well, you can't help but think as you make your way through the yard, passing large Machoke helping their trainers lift crates into boxcars, this certainly seems like a place to find work.

Unfortunately, in the freight yard you find yourself in there doesn't seem anyone to approach and inquire about possible opportunities for a traveler such as yourself. From where you walk, to your left you see the aforementioned Machoke, lifting wooden crates marked with a "D" styled to look like a Poke Ball up to their trainers within the boxcar. Across to your right several men and and handful of Aggron assist a crane in loading a large storage container onto a flatbed. Though there are a great many people about, all seem busy with their respective tasks. You've just asked your two Pokémon to keep an eye out for anyone you might be able to help, when a voice yells out behind you.

"Hey, you! Hold it right there!"

Instinctively turning towards the deep voice, you find a large man making his way straight to you. Dark-skinned, tall, and visibly well-built, the man is dressed in much the same way as everyone you've seen thus far: sturdy-looking jeans, a long-sleeved jacket that does nothing to hide his musculature, bright orange safety vest, and a similarly colored hard-hat atop his short greying hair. As he approaches, the man glances down at the clipboard gripped in his right hand – as if ascertaining something written there – before turning his hazel gaze on you.

If you weren't relatively certain this was the yard manager by his stance and demeanor, you definitely are when he opens his mouth again. "All employees are supposed to wear vests and hard-hats in the yard, no exceptions." The man pauses a moment, taking you and your appearance in with a quick up-down glance. His face hardens, obviously unhappy. "Only, you aren't an employee, aren't you." He says this flatly, as if this isn't a question he needs answered. Before you can explain yourself, the man sighs and mutters something to himself in an undertone too low to pick up. Based on his expression though, it doesn't seem to have been anything complimentary. Another sigh, and he straightens up. "Okay, I'm only going to say this once so listen up. If you're some drifter looking for a job or a quick buck, you've gotta go up to the main building and talk to the yardmaster to be vetted. Sorry, pal, but we can't just let any Joe Shmoe off the streets come in here and futz around." The man points behind you, towards a large three-story brick building a fair distance away. Other than its size, to your eye it looks remarkably like all the other industrial buildings you've seen on your journey into the yard. "Just head in there and say you're in look of work; someone will point you in the right direction."

The man looks as if he's going to say something else, but is cut off by a loud bzzt from his waist. He pulls off a handheld transceiver, holding it in front of him as a tinny voice starts speaking. "Hey, McCoy? You got a sec? We got a big problem down on track 5-A. Scott's screwed up the swtich box again and we got two inbound."

Under his breath, the man in front of you mutters, "Damn it Jim, I'm the yard foreman, not a miracle worker." Nevertheless, he speaks back, "On my way. Try not to let things go too FUBAR." In your direction, he points a finger out absentmindedly, already distracted by his new problem. "You, get offical or get the hell out of my yard."

With a nod, his piece said, the foreman turns and hurries off to wherever track 5-A might be, leaving you and your Pokemon unsupervised in the rail yard. Desiring work, at first thought it seems clear that the place to go is this main building. On the other hand, with no guide, there is nothing but your morals stopping you from wandering by yourself in search of someone to help. What will you do?

(Declared Pokemon: Lv.5 Rowlet, Lv.3 Mudbray)
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:41 AM   #7
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post


kawaiiconcept: (Please now reply in PaleGreen) With sense of calm flowing through you, you make your way through the park. Though not the biggest as far as parks go, the Fizzygarden Park is certainly big enough to let the sights and sounds of the city momentarily wash away and let the ambiance of nature surround you. With your most trusted companion at your side, ostensibly you have made your way here to find another friend to add to your many. Instead of having a specific desire in mind, though, you instead let fate play out as it is wont to do. What happens will happen, and you are content with letting chance guide you. In fact, as you reach for a Poke Ball in your possession at random, it seems you let this principle guide much of your life. At your feet, a small steel creature appears, with an odd but rather dashing fedora atop his head. Fate has decided that Erin will play a part today, but what part might it be?

Surprisingly, for a park as acclaimed as this one, today it seems to be at a lull in activity. There are still people to be found, but a great many less than one would have expected. Idly you wonder why this might be, but soon the thought passes as you spy a large tree directly ahead. Full and quite healthy-looking, casting a wide field of shade down on the hill it rests, the tree seems to be the perfect place for a quick pause in your travel.

Making your way up the hill, you find a nice-looking spot to relax. Using a short bit of exposed root as a pillow, you lay on your back. Between the comforting weight of your Espeon on your stomach, the warmth of your Aron against your side, and the soothing wsshhh of the breeze through the above branches, you fall into your favored state of mind. Not quite slumber but not quite meditation, you just are in this blissful blankness. Relaxed as you are, time starts to escape from you. Minutes pass, or maybe hours. Probably not days, but in your state of mind that might actually be a possibility. As all good things do, though, this bliss eventually comes to an end. Rather abruptly, too, as something lands atop your face.

Startled into awareness, you grab at the strange object covering your face. It wasn't heavy, certainly not enough to injure you, but the sudden impact was still surprising after the serenity you felt moments before. As your mind returns to you, you focus down on the object now gripped in your hands: a small sheet of standard printer paper. It appears to be some sort of missing poster, if the large block lettering along the top edge is any indication. At its center a picture runs from edge to edge of a Zorua, well-groomed with a color around its throat and smiling impishly up at the camera. Below the photo a small description rests, summarizing the appearance and demeanor of the above Pokémon, along with a reward listing and contact number.

Just as you finish reading the poster, Frieghya perks up, and soon you hear what she likely heard: the thud of footsteps coming up the hill in your direction. You turn, and see a young woman running up to you. She seems to be your age, maybe only a year or two younger. The woman is dressed rather plainly, in grey jeans and a dark red Henley. Her long black hair sways out behind her as she runs, though what your gaze primarily focuses on is the thick stack of posters in her arms.

"Oh, my gosh, I'm so sorry," the woman says in a low contralto voice. "The wind just caught that one right as I was about to post it." She nods back down the hill, at a small post slightly off the path you hadn't noticed before. It seemed to be a notice column, covered in fliers of various sorts: some advertisements, some help wanted requests, some just general garbage that would doubtless be a shitpost had it been online. Turning your attention back to the woman, you find behind her initial embarrassment she seems very melancholy, with a definite slump to her shoulders. At your side your Espeon gives a little tug at your shirt; with her psychic abilities, she also seems to have noticed this woman's sadness.

The woman reaches up and takes the poster from your hands, adding it to her stack. "Really, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to... yeah..." She awkwardly trails off with a sheepish grin that upon further inspection looks visibly forced. "Well, I'm just going to... go now..." The woman bobs in what might pass as an awkward nod towards you, before turning and starting back down the hill.

Well, it seems fate has crossed your path with this woman's. At some point though, even with fate guiding you must still make a choice in what action you take. Do you stop her? Do you let her go on with her life? As the woman begins to walk away... In this crossroad of decisions... What will you do?

(Declared Pokemon: Lv.22 Espeon, Lv.7 Aron)

It took Kawaii a moment to fully understand what was going on. After awaking from these dream-like states she often took a while to get back to funcional proscessing. When she did she shot up and raced after the woman, her pokemon close behind her.
"Exscuse me," the pink haired trainer called "Have you lost your pokemon?"
While thier trainer was conversing with the woman Erin turned to Frieghya and tilted his head with a knowing look in his eye. The Espeon rolled her eyes, knowing exactly what the steel-type wanted. Stop hitting on me I'm not interested in you. she remarked telepathically.
The Aron looked taken aback "I wasn't hitting on you." he played innocent.
The Psychic-type sighed I can read your mind, remember?
Erin looked slightly dijected "You are not going to even try?" he pleaded.
Frieghya turned away I did when we first met. It did not go well.
The Aron looked confused for a moment then blushed, "Oops, yeah I remember that. Sorry."
The Espeon just shrugged wordlessly.
After a few moments Frieghya muttered into Erin's mind I really am sorry for leading you on like that. tears pricked at her eyes but she held them back as best she could.
The steel-type shook his head "No, I pushed you and grew attached to you. Without ever really asking about how you actually felt."
The psychic type relaxed a bit I was desperate and scared. she turned her head and grinned at Erin Besides, now you can find someone who loves you as much as you love them.
The Aron blushed and nodded "You too miss Frieghya."
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:46 PM   #8
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
New Fizz City
The Greater Fizzby Metropolitan Zone


~Please initially post in Gray~

The Fizzby Railyard: The centralized hub for all railway activity on this side of the region, the Fizzby Railyard does on land what the Harbor does for the sea. Though all tracks are kept clear of Pokémon for the safety of everyone, many steel-types still like to hang around the yard wherever they can.

"... and have a good morning and a wonderful afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, and once again, we thank you for travelling with us today."

Having finally arrived in New Fizz City, Hiero stepped off of the train and onto the pavement of Fizzby Station. Several trainers breezed past him and toward the station itself, many checking in, greeting friends and loved ones, others retrieving their luggage with the assistance of their Pokemon.

The air was humid and murky, and the presence of the surrounding industrial complex was both obvious and palatable. Hiero had no interest in taking the easy way to New Fizz City. Hopping onto the light rail, or a cab, and taking it from here to town; where was the fun in that? No, this area was perfect and ripe for adventure. Hiero pulled a Pokeball from his pack and tossed it into the air. With a brief burst of light and a momentary sparkling of the air, Izuku the Phanpy manifested, balled up, spun through the air, and landed gracefully on the ground before his trainer. He looked up and excitedly blew his trunk, smiling.

"Pfffha!"

"Haha, well, hello yourself. Are you ready to go on an adventure?"

The Phanpy smiled, stood on his hind legs, and blew his trunk excitedly once again. "Pfffhaaaa!"

Hiero grinned. "What do you say we make our way to the railyard? I was thinking we could take the long way into town and see what the outskirts have to offer." The Phanpy nodded and huffed, stomping the ground with one foot. "Seems to me like we're on the same wavelength then. Let's go!"

And with that, the two left the station platform. Hiero threw his backpack over his shoulder, and began walking toward the railyard.

Last edited by deoxys; 05-31-2017 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Changed Phanpy nickname
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:11 PM   #9
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
TheKnightsFury: (Please now reply in Sienna) Clambering down from the boxcar, you're happy that the conductor of this train was amiable towards hitchhikers. It would've been doable, to be sure, to have walked this distance what with your hardy team, but any bit of rest in this long journey is appreciated. As you stretch out beside the car, loosening from the admittedly somewhat cramped travel accommodations, your two companions jump down to join you. Boudicca, your Mudbray, gives off a whinny as she lands on the hard earth nearby. Atalanta, your trusty Rowlett, meanwhile, gives you a nuzzle before perching atop the young jennet's head. Seeing the easy friendship between the two brings a smile to your face, though your expression quickly hardens to something more resolute as your mind turns to your goals here. Though finding a new warrior to join your team would be nice, today your goals tend toward the material things: money and supplies, neither of which you have as much as you'd like. Well, you can't help but think as you make your way through the yard, passing large Machoke helping their trainers lift crates into boxcars, this certainly seems like a place to find work.

Unfortunately, in the freight yard you find yourself in there doesn't seem anyone to approach and inquire about possible opportunities for a traveler such as yourself. From where you walk, to your left you see the aforementioned Machoke, lifting wooden crates marked with a "D" styled to look like a Poke Ball up to their trainers within the boxcar. Across to your right several men and and handful of Aggron assist a crane in loading a large storage container onto a flatbed. Though there are a great many people about, all seem busy with their respective tasks. You've just asked your two Pokémon to keep an eye out for anyone you might be able to help, when a voice yells out behind you.

"Hey, you! Hold it right there!"

Instinctively turning towards the deep voice, you find a large man making his way straight to you. Dark-skinned, tall, and visibly well-built, the man is dressed in much the same way as everyone you've seen thus far: sturdy-looking jeans, a long-sleeved jacket that does nothing to hide his musculature, bright orange safety vest, and a similarly colored hard-hat atop his short greying hair. As he approaches, the man glances down at the clipboard gripped in his right hand – as if ascertaining something written there – before turning his hazel gaze on you.

If you weren't relatively certain this was the yard manager by his stance and demeanor, you definitely are when he opens his mouth again. "All employees are supposed to wear vests and hard-hats in the yard, no exceptions." The man pauses a moment, taking you and your appearance in with a quick up-down glance. His face hardens, obviously unhappy. "Only, you aren't an employee, aren't you." He says this flatly, as if this isn't a question he needs answered. Before you can explain yourself, the man sighs and mutters something to himself in an undertone too low to pick up. Based on his expression though, it doesn't seem to have been anything complimentary. Another sigh, and he straightens up. "Okay, I'm only going to say this once so listen up. If you're some drifter looking for a job or a quick buck, you've gotta go up to the main building and talk to the yardmaster to be vetted. Sorry, pal, but we can't just let any Joe Shmoe off the streets come in here and futz around." The man points behind you, towards a large three-story brick building a fair distance away. Other than its size, to your eye it looks remarkably like all the other industrial buildings you've seen on your journey into the yard. "Just head in there and say you're in look of work; someone will point you in the right direction."

The man looks as if he's going to say something else, but is cut off by a loud bzzt from his waist. He pulls off a handheld transceiver, holding it in front of him as a tinny voice starts speaking. "Hey, McCoy? You got a sec? We got a big problem down on track 5-A. Scott's screwed up the swtich box again and we got two inbound."

Under his breath, the man in front of you mutters, "Damn it Jim, I'm the yard foreman, not a miracle worker." Nevertheless, he speaks back, "On my way. Try not to let things go too FUBAR." In your direction, he points a finger out absentmindedly, already distracted by his new problem. "You, get offical or get the hell out of my yard."

With a nod, his piece said, the foreman turns and hurries off to wherever track 5-A might be, leaving you and your Pokemon unsupervised in the rail yard. Desiring work, at first thought it seems clear that the place to go is this main building. On the other hand, with no guide, there is nothing but your morals stopping you from wandering by yourself in search of someone to help. What will you do?

(Declared Pokemon: Lv.5 Rowlet, Lv.3 Mudbray)
Jayson realized that the yard manager was right, it was incredibly unsafe for him to be getting around without safety gear. He wouldn't only be putting himself at risk, he would also be jeopardising the safety of those around him. It would likely be simple enough for him to find the office and get himself registered, but when McCoy's crackled to life, Jayson was presented with a conundrum. It seemed that a situation had arisen, one that the yard manager himself doubted he could solve. What were the two inbound though? Trains? That seemed likely but perhaps it could have been something else entirely. There wasn't really anything to stop him from aiding the yard manager. Sure, he had just told Jayson off for getting around without safety gear but what was he going to do about it? If he kicked him off site then he could just look for work elsewhere, but if something terrible happened when he had the opportunity to help? That would be devastating.

Wait for a moment for McCoy to get a lead on him, Jayson turned to his Pokemon. "Alright girls, we are going to lend a hand with that situation." Both of Jayson's Pokemon looked a little shocked, not expecting him to go against the yard manager's instructions. "I know you haven't been with me long but you will soon learn that I will do just about anything to help people in need. Now Atalanta I need you to follow that bloke we just met, stick to the air and put your silent flying skills to good use. Boudicca and myself will follow you on foot, when you reach your destination take cover, we need to get a read on the situation before we throw ourselves into the fray."

As the Rowlet took to the air in pursuit of the yard manager, Jayson adjusted the sword on his hip before racing off after her, Boudicca thundering along beside him.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 05-27-2017 at 12:27 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:57 PM   #10
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind
 
Schala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post

Knowledge Square: On the edge between the suburbs and downtown, Knowledge Square exists as the premier gathering point of academics and anyone interested in learning something new. Across the several blocks of Knowledge Square several popular museums exist, including the famed Fizzby Metropolitan Art Museum. If books are more your cup of tea, then you might rather visit the New Fizz Public Library – one of the largest libraries in the region – or possibly tour the University of Fizzy Bubbles. Lastly, at the heart of Knowledge Square sits the Pokémon Research Centre, where several famous professors and academics gather to share studies and give lectures. If you’re lucky, some might even be looking for some research help.

Schala stepped into Knowledge Square with a huge grin on her face. Even if she’d enjoyed her journey a lot more than she thought she would, nothing would change the fact that she was happiest with a book or twenty. The Library of New Fizz City was the biggest she’d ever laid eyes on, and she could barely contain her excitement.

While the other parts of Knowledge Square seemed interesting as well, and she would probably spend some time at the museums and maybe tour the university campus or even attend a lecture or two at the Research Center, books came first.

Most of her band of misfits were either disruptive or a danger to books (and occasionally both), so she’d decided to drag along her Rufflet, Ulysses. He’d been looking a little depressed after a recent attempt to declare himself in charge had resulted in singed tail feathers. (To be fair, Hecate had been particularly grumpy that day, and as a ‘tactical genius’, Ulysses probably should have picked up on that.) The fact that he was unlikely to set the library on fire was a plus as well.

“Not only can I catch up on some of the books that have come out since I started traveling, but I bet this place has lots of harder to find books. I can’t wait!” She told the bird perched dejectedly on her shoulder. The thought of reading didn’t seem to cheer him up, so she continued “You know, I bet they have a huge military tactics section…”

He startled and gave her a hopeful look. “We can definitely pick some up while we’re there.” She continued with a smile. He chirped back in excitement, perking up at the thought. Good, I can enjoy some books and cheer him up at the same time! Glad that it appeared her plan would work, she started across the square, continuing to mutter to Ulysses and (mostly) herself about the extensive list of books she needed to find.

(Member Post)
Schala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:37 PM   #11
Heather
POOTIS!
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Under the Gay Cloud
Posts: 2,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
Heather: (Please now reply in Gold) For those thirsting for adventure, a power plant might not necessarily be one's first choice. In particular, the Fizzitopian Power Plant seems an especially strange choice, what with its surprising record. Boasting fifty-plus years without a major outage in operation, there doesn't seem anything particularly exciting about a trip there. Nevertheless, with a passion for electric-types and a strong disregard towards other's expectations of you, this power plant seems the perfect place to go poke around for an adventure. Or, you know, at least maybe a new companion.

With your longtime partner, Grace, on your shoulder and your newer companion, Danni, asleep in your arms, you find yourself walking alongside the road up towards the Power Plant. Nestled on a shallow plateau with craggy, mountainous terrain on either side from your perspective, the Power Plant seems to be a bit of a misnomer. No, it seems less a singular plant and more a sprawling compound. At the front, just beyond a large parking lot dotted with vehicles, a tall stone building rests. Even from your distance you can tell that it is big, easily larger than a respectably sized warehouse and three, maybe four stories high - and it is not even the tallest you can see. Looming behind this first building, like the giant over Jack, a secondary building stands. If the first was three stories, this must be twice that. In their distance, details on the exteriors are hard to make out, but from what you can see they both are a plain white color. The foremost has windows along each floor. Behind it, the larger building is only periodically dotted with windows, leaving large swatches of blank stone.

Crossing onto the parking lot, you can see that a tall chain fence shoots off in both directions from the front building towards the mountainous crags surrounding the compound. Signs warning of high voltage beyond hang from the fence at regular intervals, and as you near the building you can see that several yards past the first fence another lines the compound. It seems they are very conscious about restricted area here. Probably for the best, as just beyond the second set of fencing several tall pylons jut out into the sky, trailing power lines away from the plant and down to the city below. Past these pylons and the giant of a building, in the far distance a few more buildings lie, much smaller but the same plain design of the one now directly in front of you.

You reach the front entrance, stopping the argument with Grace, reassuring her that Danni is fine to be with you on this potential adventure. Upon Grace's enquire to snoop around, you decide that the best approach would be direct. You wouldn't want to be considered a trespasser, after all. Just as well, since while it probably wouldn't be impossible, sneaking out into the compound unsupervised would definitely be a difficult endeavor.

As you step in front of the entrance, two large glass doors slide open for you, bringing with them the sweet breeze of inside air conditioning escaping out into the hot midday heat. Though she doesn't wake, Danni gives a little shift in your arms with a pleased sigh at the temperature change. Stepping into the building, you find yourself in what you imagine might be a lobby. To your immediate right is a long L-shaped counter, behind which a receptionist sits apparently bored as she twirls a strand of hair around her finger absentmindedly. Straight ahead a flat screen TV rests against the wall cycling currently through a presentation over the Plant facilities. Underneath this TV and to the left you see a seating area of rather comfortable looking circular couches, arranged in almost a full circle and currently occupied by a large group of people of mixed age and gender. Some are talking amongst themselves, though just as many are sitting quietly on their phones or other such devices. Further left, the room opens into a large open space. It seems to be an educational area maybe? The large model of what somewhat resembles what you've seen of the compound suggests so. Lastly, just beyond the opening of a small hall currently out of your sight, a pair of sliding glass doors just like what you stepped through holds open, allowing an older gentleman out from... a gift shop?

Now inside the Power Plant, or at least the foremost building of it, you find yourself with a decision to make. This facility seems fairly welcoming to visitors, if the gift shop is any indication, but if you still wished to introduce yourself the receptionist certainly doesn't seem busy. Or perhaps, you might approach this group of people introduce yourself to them. Or even still you might venture over to the educational area, learn more about the plant? Admittedly, beyond its stellar reputation and the general knowledge that electric-types gather here, you don't really know much of how this plant operates. And of course, there is always the gift shop. Spend some money, get some souvenirs. Who knows what you might find in there.

The decision is yours. What will you do?

(Declared Pokémon: Lv.5 Emolga, Lv.1 Alola Vulpix)
Heather looked around at the interior of this foremost building. This was...not what she had expected, to be honest. What she'd heard of the power plants in Kanto and Kalos had indicated that the immediate, public area would have a lot more Pokémon hanging out, so she hadn't expected something quite so orderly, even despite this plant's perfect record. Granted, that was probably due to the locale of each, rather than their nature as such facilities, so perhaps Heather's own expectations had been rather half-baked. Either way, this was shaping up to be more of a casual day out on the town than an adventure, and that was disappointing to say the least. Heather was eager to build a team, after all.

"You really didn't think this through, did you?" Grace said, noticing Heather's expression as they entered the building.

"I'll admit my expectations might have been a bit different, yes." Heather retorted as she continued to survey the area. Finally, her eyes settled on a place, and an idea sparked in her mind. "Buuuuut, we can possibly still salvage this one. Maybe." Heather said, walking over towards the seeming educational area. "If they're talking about the plant here...perhaps they have a tour or two we might make use of, if you know what I mean!" she added, with an incorrigible grin on her face. Clearly, to her, this plan was just about flawless, even if in reality it was based on several unreliable assumptions.

"I thought we weren't looking for trouble here..." the Emolga huffed, rolling her eyes.

"I'm not! I'm just going through the proper channels to hopefully get better access!" Heather protested, only prompting further eyerolling, which Heather ignored as she continued walking. "Let's see what we can find!" she said optimistically, hoping this wouldn't turn out to be a complete bust.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #12
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 190
Welcome, Deoxys and Schala to this zone! Maskerade will be picking the two of you up, so please just wait a little bit longer for updates. Also, apologies for taking a bit long on these. In addition to the planning I had to do for some of these adventures, things just got busy for me for a bit there. All should be well now though, so I hope you all enjoy. And, as always, if you have a question about anything feel free to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
Spoiler: show
It took Kawaii a moment to fully understand what was going on. After awaking from these dream-like states she often took a while to get back to funcional proscessing. When she did she shot up and raced after the woman, her pokemon close behind her.
"Exscuse me," the pink haired trainer called "Have you lost your pokemon?"
While thier trainer was conversing with the woman Erin turned to Frieghya and tilted his head with a knowing look in his eye. The Espeon rolled her eyes, knowing exactly what the steel-type wanted. Stop hitting on me I'm not interested in you. she remarked telepathically.
The Aron looked taken aback "I wasn't hitting on you." he played innocent.
The Psychic-type sighed I can read your mind, remember?
Erin looked slightly dijected "You are not going to even try?" he pleaded.
Frieghya turned away I did when we first met. It did not go well.
The Aron looked confused for a moment then blushed, "Oops, yeah I remember that. Sorry."
The Espeon just shrugged wordlessly.
After a few moments Frieghya muttered into Erin's mind I really am sorry for leading you on like that. tears pricked at her eyes but she held them back as best she could.
The steel-type shook his head "No, I pushed you and grew attached to you. Without ever really asking about how you actually felt."
The psychic type relaxed a bit I was desperate and scared. she turned her head and grinned at Erin Besides, now you can find someone who loves you as much as you love them.
The Aron blushed and nodded "You too miss Frieghya."
Kawaiiconcept: As the fog clears from your mind, the decision in front of you seems crystal clear. Jumping up from your prone position, you race after the woman, your Pokémon right on your heels. With her head start, the woman reaches the bottom of your small hill before you are able to stop her. As you ask your question, she seems taken aback by your interest. You get the impression she'd been generally brushed off until now.

With a blink of surprise, the woman nods a yes. "Yeah, my Zorua, Parker. She disappeared just about a week ago. We were here actually, in the park, and she just... She wandered off, to play with a Poochyena, and didn't come back. I tried telling people - like my brother with the police - that something's happened to her, but no one believes me. They just think she's run off." Once she started talking, the floodgates seem to release and she can't stop. Her words grow faster and more strung together the longer she speaks. "Which, she's wondered off before, yeah, but she's never been gone this long and never like this. Usually she just goes out in the night and is back the next day or the day after. So I know that something bad has happened to her or someone's taken her or worse, and I've been putting up posters in case someone's seen her or anything but no one has and-"

Suddenly, she cuts herself off, a deep blush coloring her fair complexion as she realizes her rambling. She turns her gaze down to the ground, obviously embarrassed at her outburst. "I'm sorry. You probably don't care about all that." She pauses again, another thought having struck her. Somehow, her cheeks manage to further redden. "My name is Annalise, by the way."

She trails off, giving you the chance to respond. What will you say?

(Declared: Espeon, Aron)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Spoiler: show
Heather looked around at the interior of this foremost building. This was...not what she had expected, to be honest. What she'd heard of the power plants in Kanto and Kalos had indicated that the immediate, public area would have a lot more Pokémon hanging out, so she hadn't expected something quite so orderly, even despite this plant's perfect record. Granted, that was probably due to the locale of each, rather than their nature as such facilities, so perhaps Heather's own expectations had been rather half-baked. Either way, this was shaping up to be more of a casual day out on the town than an adventure, and that was disappointing to say the least. Heather was eager to build a team, after all.

"You really didn't think this through, did you?" Grace said, noticing Heather's expression as they entered the building.

"I'll admit my expectations might have been a bit different, yes." Heather retorted as she continued to survey the area. Finally, her eyes settled on a place, and an idea sparked in her mind. "Buuuuut, we can possibly still salvage this one. Maybe." Heather said, walking over towards the seeming educational area. "If they're talking about the plant here...perhaps they have a tour or two we might make use of, if you know what I mean!" she added, with an incorrigible grin on her face. Clearly, to her, this plan was just about flawless, even if in reality it was based on several unreliable assumptions.

"I thought we weren't looking for trouble here..." the Emolga huffed, rolling her eyes.

"I'm not! I'm just going through the proper channels to hopefully get better access!" Heather protested, only prompting further eyerolling, which Heather ignored as she continued walking. "Let's see what we can find!" she said optimistically, hoping this wouldn't turn out to be a complete bust.
Heather: Looking around at the interior of this visitor's center, you can't help but feel a tinge of disappointment. You were looking for excitement and adventure, and, well. This is not exactly that. Still, as an idea flickers to life in your mind, you're hopeful to get some enjoyment out of this visit even if not by... the most lawful of means. To enact the first part of this cunning plan, you make your way across the open room and around the large gathering of people towards this educational area.

The first thing you spy upon reaching your destination is the large model of the plant compound you spied earlier. You see laid out on the table a semicircle of craggy, mountain terrain, inside of which rests the multiple buildings of the plant. Just as you had with the full-scale version, you approach the table from the south, putting the miniature visitor's center right in front of you. At the small building's side, you see a label showing that this building serves not one but three purposes, housing the administration center of the plant as well as primary research facilities. Looking outward over the model, you see that the large building overshadowing everything is the main generator building. The method of generation isn't immediately clear to you, but you do see little figures of Electabuzz and Electrode outside the building model. Past that, you see two much smaller structures, labeled as a switch facility and step-up transmission respectively. The latter, you also see, has tiny little power cables extending towards miniatures of the pylons you saw when approaching the plant. Finally, further back you see a multitude of small buildings, more similar in size to the visitor's center than the main building, all labeled auxiliary facilities with various subtitles showing what they specialized in. A few were extra generator buildings, but others proclaimed secondary research spaces. Beyond these buildings up to the start of the cliffside, the space is empty, simply labeled 'future projects & expansions.'

Turning around, you're about to look at any exhibits along the walls, when an overly cheerful voice rings out over an intercom. "Attention please, anyone still interested in taking the facilities tour, please come sign up at the front desk! There's only a few spots left!"

Well, that's serendipitous. What would you like to do?

(Declared: Emolga, Alola Vulpix)


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Spoiler: show
Jayson realized that the yard manager was right, it was incredibly unsafe for him to be getting around without safety gear. He wouldn't only be putting himself at risk, he would also be jeopardising the safety of those around him. It would likely be simple enough for him to find the office and get himself registered, but when McCoy's crackled to life, Jayson was presented with a conundrum. It seemed that a situation had arisen, one that the yard manager himself doubted he could solve. What were the two inbound though? Trains? That seemed likely but perhaps it could have been something else entirely. There wasn't really anything to stop him from aiding the yard manager. Sure, he had just told Jayson off for getting around without safety gear but what was he going to do about it? If he kicked him off site then he could just look for work elsewhere, but if something terrible happened when he had the opportunity to help? That would be devastating.

Wait for a moment for McCoy to get a lead on him, Jayson turned to his Pokemon. "Alright girls, we are going to lend a hand with that situation." Both of Jayson's Pokemon looked a little shocked, not expecting him to go against the yard manager's instructions. "I know you haven't been with me long but you will soon learn that I will do just about anything to help people in need. Now Atalanta I need you to follow that bloke we just met, stick to the air and put your silent flying skills to good use. Boudicca and myself will follow you on foot, when you reach your destination take cover, we need to get a read on the situation before we throw ourselves into the fray."

As the Rowlet took to the air in pursuit of the yard manager, Jayson adjusted the sword on his hip before racing off after her, Boudicca thundering along beside him.
TheKnightsFury: You find yourself with a conundrum. On the one hand, you see the logic in the foreman's, McCoy's, diatribe. It couldn't be hard to go and register yourself as a worker, able to move through the yard and help freely. On the other, there was obviously a problem in this moment of time, given McCoy's ire as he briskly walked away. Sure, you might be able to get registered and come help, but who knew how long that would take? Not knowing what the problem was, you can't say how time critical the problem might be. If something awful happened when you had the chance to help... Well, you know what your decision will be.

Waiting another moment to let McCoy pass out of sight and get a lead on yourself, you turn to your Pokémon, explaining what you plan to do. Your compatriots seem surprised at your blatant disregard for the foreman's instructions, but follow your lead without question. Atalanta shoots up into the sky without a sound. She soars upward, cresting over the tallest of the train cars until she settles a fair distance away. She circles for a few seconds, sighting out her prey, before taking off in roughly the direction you saw McCoy take. You follow, Boudicca galloping at a fair pace at your side, eyes following your faithful owl.

Train cars and workers alike pass you by as you race through the yard between tracks, occasionally cutting across one. Quickly into your sprint, it becomes apparent your choice of tactics was a smart one. Though not nearly as bad as its evolution, a Mudbray at full gallop is not by any means, well, stealthy. Luckily, no one tries to stop you in your pursuit. Quite a few people and Pokémon seem visibly confused as you pass, but all are left in your dust before they could even attempt to halt your progress. Twice you almost lose sight of Atalanta, but each time, aware of your movements, she pauses her flight long enough for you to continue onwards.

After only a few more minutes of travel, you spy Atalanta start circling up in the sky. You slow yourself, Boudicca similarly slowing to a light trot beside you. As you finally stop by an empty boxcar, your Rowlet silently flaps away from the railyard and out of your sight. She's only gone a moment before she rounds a corner behind you at ground level, having doubled back in secret to regroup with you. With a barely audible 'coo' she perches atop Boudicca's head, joining the two of you in peering around the side of the boxcar.

Looking around, you see that you're just on the cusp of a new area of the yard. Very similar to the area you were just in, a single track enters the area from your right, going through a series of switches until that one track has expanded into easily a good ten or fifteen separate lines. A fair distance away, towards where these many tracks converge back into a single line, you see a few rail cars of assorted types. In the more immediate surroundings of this area, however, the lines all appear to be empty.

Doing another visual sweep of the classification yard, you spot two humanoid forms with their backs to you right at the first switch in the track. One figure appears to be the foreman you met earlier, McCoy. The other, facing away, you can't discern much in the way of physical appearance, but does seem to be of a similar height and build as McCoy. Just as you spot them, words faintly carry on the wind to your group. You're in luck; based on the conversation (or more accurately, reprimand), McCoy seems to have gotten here only just before you.

"...Lots one thru four are all full, the hell was Scotty thinking messing with the switches?!" a gruff voice you recall to be McCoy's yells out.

"Like I know," a second voice calls out, a note of exasperation thick in the masculine, low-tenor tone. "I just got a call from the Scott in the switch house saying he effed up. He was tinkering, I guess, and it just stopped responding. And yeah, pneumatics is shot, but it's in the right position thank god. It's just..." The man trails off, kicking once at the switch. "Something tells me it wasn't just him that caused a problem." Now that your gaze has been turned to it, you notice that this switch doesn't look like the few you've seen so far in your time in the rail yard. Somehow, the iron bars that a train's wheels would run against have been bent at several places, and as you look closer you can see that parts of the steel are missing in what look suspiciously like bite marks.

McCoy goes still. "Dammit," he finally mutters after a pensive silence. "It's spreading out here." He goes quiet for another moment before shaking his head with a resigned sigh. "We don't have time to deal with that now. If we can straighten out this track we'll at least have half this yard open. I'm going to go find a Pokémon strong enough to bend these. Stay here, check the rest of the track, and make sure nothing else goes wrong." At that, McCoy turns and walks away, back towards the freight yard you were previously in.

Well, it doesn't seem to be too critical a problem - nothing immediately life-threatening at least. Still, you're here, and here to help. Perhaps there is something you could do?

The decision is yours. What will you do?

(Declared: Rowlet, Mudbray)

Last edited by Rotom310; 06-10-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #13
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Halloweentown
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
New Fizz City
The Greater Fizzby Metropolitan Zone


~Please initially post in Gray~

Newly renamed after the turmoil that gripped the region had settled, New Fizz City shines as a beacon of the region’s new future. Sprawling for miles across the land and stretching up into the sky, New Fizz City is truly the pinnacle of a metropolis. In this city that never sleeps, there’s so much to do and see you’d be hard-pressed to have a boring time.



Bullarum Industrial Complex: Situated with the Harbor on one side and the Railyard on the other, the Bullarum Industrial Complex is in the perfect place for shipping and trading. Styled after the Virbank Complex in Unova, the Bullarum Complex specializes in oil refinery and distribution, though warehousing is an equally important part of the Complex’s business. Much like the Railyard, steel-types tend to gather here though fire-types and poison-types are also common. Additionally, ice-types love to gather at the cold-storage warehouses scattered around the complex.


The City had drawn Athena in almost immediately. Tall buildings, lots of people, and plenty of interesting shops with wares she had never seen before. It didn't take long for her to feel annoyed with pushing past people on the crowded streets. She had even tried to relax on a bench Knowledge Square, but kept having to shoo hungry Pidove away from trying to eat the Malasada she had just bought.

The girl made up her mind to find a more isolated area of the city. Though it was a long walk, she had finally found a place devoid of people and urban noise. The only thing was, where was she? She was now surrounded by metal storage containers and large machinery that creaked loudly as they worked.

"Great job getting lost you dummy..." Athena mumbled to herself. Her Mawile partner, Eclair, giggled. Athena huffed, not appreciating her Pokemon's reaction. "Let's take a look around here, I guess." The trainer suggested, before reaching in her backpack to grab a Pokeball. She pressed the center button and a flash of light appeared as the Pokemon inside was released. A yellow, bipedal Pokemon appeared, blinking in the sudden daylight. It immediately smiled as it recognized the face of it's trainer, and raised its tiny arms to be picked up by her. Athena did so, giving the Scraggy a tight hug.

"Hey Monte," she placed the Pokemon back on the ground and patted his head affectionately. "Ready to take a look around?"
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #14
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post

Kawaiiconcept: As the fog clears from your mind, the decision in front of you seems crystal clear. Jumping up from your prone position, you race after the woman, your Pokémon right on your heels. With her head start, the woman reaches the bottom of your small hill before you are able to stop her. As you ask your question, she seems taken aback by your interest. You get the impression she'd been generally brushed off until now.

With a blink of surprise, the woman nods a yes. "Yeah, my Zorua, Parker. She disappeared just about a week ago. We were here actually, in the park, and she just... She wandered off, to play with a Poochyena, and didn't come back. I tried telling people - like my brother with the police - that something's happened to her, but no one believes me. They just think she's run off." Once she started talking, the floodgates seem to release and she can't stop. Her words grow faster and more strung together the longer she speaks. "Which, she's wondered off before, yeah, but she's never been gone this long and never like this. Usually she just goes out in the night and is back the next day or the day after. So I know that something bad has happened to her or someone's taken her or worse, and I've been putting up posters in case someone's seen her or anything but no one has and-"

Suddenly, she cuts herself off, a deep blush coloring her fair complexion as she realizes her rambling. She turns her gaze down to the ground, obviously embarrassed at her outburst. "I'm sorry. You probably don't care about all that." She pauses again, another thought having struck her. Somehow, her cheeks manage to further redden. "My name is Annalise, by the way."

She trails off, giving you the chance to respond. What will you say?

(Declared: Espeon, Aron)

Kawaii imeadiatly wanted to hug the woman, she could not imagine what it would be like to lose one of her pokemon. She heald out her hand instead "I'm Kawaii." she said before taking a deep breath "I am totally and compleatly willing to help you find your Zourua." she imeadiatly pulled out another pokeball and unleashed it. A flash of light revealed a herdier colored to look like a sheltie. Cassie gave a happy bark and looked ready to go. "With my Herdier and my Espeon, who both have amazing sense of smell, I'm sure we can find your pokemon. Do you have anything belonging to it?" the pinkette asked, ready to get started.
Frieghya nodded to Cassie Hello Cassie.
Cassie looked around "Hey Freighya HEY Erin, where are we?" she asked, the dog-pokemon's tail going so fast it would make a Zebstrika jelous.
Erin shrugged "We are in New Fizz City." he said simply. His conversation with Frieghya dropping his spirits signifigantly.
The heardier nodded [i]"Cool, I can't wait to see what kind of pokemon live here." the dog- pokemon shifted in one spot, eager to get going. "So what are we doing?" she asked,tilting her head curiously.
Frieghya rolled her eyes, this Herdier was very curious and asked way too many questions.We are going to help Kawaii find this woman's missing Zorua. she gestured at the woman with her tail.
Cassie barked happily "Sounds like fun! Let's get going!" she began to pace in circles.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:57 AM   #15
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 209
Welcome aboard Deo, Schala and Morningstar! I can't promise swift updates - RL commitments get much more in the way nowadays than it did back when I started doing this - but hopefully you'll have a good time regardless!



deoxys: ((Pokémon declared 1/6: Phanpy))

New Fizz City is, befitting an expanding metropolis, richly supplied by all manner of transportation networks. Millions of people commute in and out every day, swimming in a sea of routine and obligations. But you’re different: you are a Pokémon Trainer on a journey of rediscovery - and perhaps atonement? – and that means the easy way isn’t an option. The world is waiting to be explored, and as such, you decide to tackle the rest of the way on foot, accompanied by your unusually-colored Phanpy.

The Railyard is famous to any Fizz citizen, the largest and most complex maze of iron tracks anywhere in the region. And while it’s not the most beautiful or unique of vistas, the sheer amount of activity – especially during rush hour – makes it so there is rarely ever a moment of quiet contemplation to be had. And yet, on the final hours of the afternoon, this seems to be one of those rare occasions.

As you walk along one of the railroads, Izuku following close by brimming with excitement, you can’t help but notice how few trains are actually passing by. You’d have expected a lot more commotion at this point. Every now and again you look around, eyes on the rails, trying to spot a Pokémon or two – Steel-Types are said to favoured this area in particular – but there doesn’t seem to be anone, or anything, for miles around except for the neverending steel tracks. Well, not exactly…

Izuku suddenly points to one of the rails in the distance with his trunk, and your eyes follow. Indeed, there seems to be something directly on top of the track, unmoving. It takes you a while longer, and some more proximity, to actually realize what it’s about: that’s not an object, but rather an old man – bald with a respectable white beard - sitting on the rails with his legs crossed, perfectly static. What on earth is he doing there?!

It might be best not to meddle in the affairs of others (after all, it’s unlikely he wound up there by mistake, and he must have his reasons), but there’s no denying it’s a strange sight to say the least. Will you leave the elder behind and continue exploring the railways, or should you approach him?...




Schala: ((Pokémon declared 1/6: Rufflet))

The New Fizz Library stands as imposing as you’d imagined it: a massive building some five-hundred-years old in construction, back when Man knew how to work stone and create magnificent monuments. The Library is a testament to that era, though you suspect it might have served a different purpose at the time of its construction. Resembling a monastery of sorts, it’s sculpted entirely out of white marble, though the pristine coloration dulled overtime and the stone walls are now mostly gray; however, the sculptures of Pokémon deities that line the outside columns and perches remain mostly intact, and are a sight to behold on their own.

As you’d expect, a considerable number of people casually stroll around Knowledge Square, mostly tourists, but very few actually enter the Library itself. In this day and age, it’s exceedingly rare for people to outwardly display an interest in books, you realize – there is simply too much information, readily accessible via a PokéGear’s internet connection, for younger folk to turn to good old written paper.

You resolutely climb the stairs leading to the building’s main gate, a huge heavy door made of solid oak wood, and finally step inside the legendary Library. It’s every bit as grand as you’d anticipated, with enormous bookstands rising in dozens of rows to your left and right; a long crimson tapestry, unadorned and visibly worn but impeccably dusted, extends from the entrance all the way to a desk on the opposite side of the main hall, a long distance away, but common sense dictates you should approach the librarian first and foremost, so it’s literally time to walk the red carpet.

As you go along, Ulysses perched on your shoulder remaining as silent as possible, you begin to look around. For all the magnificence of the place, it feels quite frankly disheartening to see so many empty seats, barely anyone taking time to explore the wonders of this place anymore. In fact, what few people you do manage to spot seem to also be tourists wandering around out of interesting for the building itself rather than its contents, none of them displaying any visible interest in lingering around for too long.
You finally reach the other side of the room, where the librarian’s desk is place. An old but majestic piece of mahogany, each of its four legs shaped after a Noctowl, with dozens of books and papers scattered across the table’s surface. Across it from you sits a minuscule old woman, wearing a pair of heavy-looking glasses with thick lenses, thoroughly immersed in some obviously ancient documents that look like they could crumble at the slightest touch.

After a prolonged moment of deafening silence, in which you wonder if you should break the ice, the woman suddenly speaks up, not diverting her gaze from the papers for a mere second. Her voice, high-pitched and conveying unfeigned annoyance, makes it perfectly clear for you how she feels about being interrupted.

“Yes?!”



morningstar: ((Pokémon declared 2/6: Mawile, Scraggy))

The Bullarum Industrial Complex is far from the prettiest sight in New Fizz City, though there’s no denying it’s one of the less crowded, especially compared to the bustling plazas at the heart of the bustling metropolis. Or so you’d like to think.

As you, Éclair and Monte make your way along the various warehouses and refinery buildings, trying your best to ignore the pungent scent of oil in the air, you suddenly hear a strangely familiar – and not too pleasant – sound coming from somewhere nearby: sirens.
You rush to meet the origin of the sound, only to discover that, in front of one of the larger storage compounds, four Police cars have just parked, their sirens still flashing white and blue. You keep watching from a distance; two officers make their way out of each vehicle, then open the back door to let out two Growlithe. All in all, eight policemen and eight hounds stand a few feet away from you, scanning the perimeter with their eyes and scent respectively, obviously looking for something – or someone. So much for getting away from the commotion…

Whoever it is that they’re after seems to have upstaged them, because the force is clearly at a loss for leads. The way they look around in apprehension, uncoordinated and hesitant, can only mean one of two things: either they haven’t been properly briefed, or whatever they’re looking for is dangerous enough to keep them on their toes even with eight Growlithe on their side.

All of a sudden, every dog starts barking in unison, making a ruckus out of nowhere. It takes a while for you to realize that, however, they seem to be barking in your direction!

“W-wait! Over there! After her!”
“Don’t let her get away!”
“Get a move on, you idiots!!”

In a matter of seconds, the entire squad is running in your direction, alerted by the hounds who easily picked up your scent. This is obviously a huge misunderstanding, but is there really time to explain?! Quick, what do you do – run the hell away or risk reasoning with the rushing police force and their hounds?!
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:04 PM   #16
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
Spoiler: show
Kawaii imeadiatly wanted to hug the woman, she could not imagine what it would be like to lose one of her pokemon. She heald out her hand instead "I'm Kawaii." she said before taking a deep breath "I am totally and compleatly willing to help you find your Zourua." she imeadiatly pulled out another pokeball and unleashed it. A flash of light revealed a herdier colored to look like a sheltie. Cassie gave a happy bark and looked ready to go. "With my Herdier and my Espeon, who both have amazing sense of smell, I'm sure we can find your pokemon. Do you have anything belonging to it?" the pinkette asked, ready to get started.
Frieghya nodded to Cassie Hello Cassie.
Cassie looked around "Hey Freighya HEY Erin, where are we?" she asked, the dog-pokemon's tail going so fast it would make a Zebstrika jelous.
Erin shrugged "We are in New Fizz City." he said simply. His conversation with Frieghya dropping his spirits signifigantly.
The heardier nodded [i]"Cool, I can't wait to see what kind of pokemon live here." the dog- pokemon shifted in one spot, eager to get going. "So what are we doing?" she asked,tilting her head curiously.
Frieghya rolled her eyes, this Herdier was very curious and asked way too many questions.We are going to help Kawaii find this woman's missing Zorua. she gestured at the woman with her tail.
Cassie barked happily "Sounds like fun! Let's get going!" she began to pace in circles.
Kawaiiconcept: Overcome with compassion at the thought of losing one of your beloved companions, you fight the urge to draw Annalise into a hug. Instead you introduce yourself, committing to helping this stranger find her Pokémon. A plan immediately coming to you, you bring out your uniquely colored Herdier, Cassie, who begins to run around in energetic circles once caught up to the situation by Frieghya. It seems simple enough to you; between your Espeon and your Herdier, one is sure to catch the scent of this Zorua.

You explain as such to Annalise, asking her for a something that might carry the Zorua, Parker's, scent. Her face scrunches up in thought before an idea visibly hits her. "Yes, I do," she says as she shrugs off her backpack. Setting it on the dirt, Annalise unzips it and slides her handful of posters inside. As soon as her hands are free she opens a new compartment, digging around for a moment. With a soft "Aha!" she pulls out a small stuffed rabbit, lovingly worn from years of play. "This is her favorite toy. It's been with her since she was a baby."

She doesn't let the toy part from her grip, but she does allow Cassie and Frieghya to approach and sniff at the plushie fabric. The two lower their snouts to the ground and begin sniffing around the area of the park. A tense long while passes, until finally Frieghya returns to your side with a mournful shake of her head. She couldn't find anything. Cassie, though, continues sniffing. Suddenly, after only a little while longer, her head springs up with an excited yip. The Herdier gives a quick look in your direction and nods excitedly. She found a trail!

Beside you, Annalise lets out a short gasp. You turn to see she's clamped a hand over her mouth, a hesitant look of hope entering her gaze. She turns to thank you, but before she can utter out more than the first word Cassie bounds off, determinedly following the scent. Annalise immediately takes off after the Herdier, you and your Pokémon following only a moment later. Cassie leads you off the path towards a thicket of trees, slowing your progress enough that even Erin on her tiny legs can keep up.

Shrubbery streams past as your group runs ahead, until finally you round a final tree and find yourselves on the edge of the park. Ahead to your right, a fence separates the park you're still in from the street, where cars zip past in an inconsistent pattern. You continue forward, only to suddenly stop to prevent yourself from trotting over Cassie. Your Herdier has suddenly stopped, posed in a classic pointer's stance out away from the park. You line yourself with her gaze, and see she's pointed right towards a small alley, just barely wide enough to fit a single vehicle amidst the dumpsters and trash cans. As you look closer, you find there is a vehicle parked a short jaunt from the alley mouth. A large white van with its rear doors facing you, you see no distinguishing marks but a small logo on one of the doors. It's hard to make out at this distance, especially the words, but the picture itself seems to be of a Mr. Mime seated at a baby grand piano.

Annalise joins you. Spotting the van as well, she asks aloud, "A van? Is she trying to say Parker's-" Again, though, before she can continue any further Annalise is interrupted. Instead of by any of your Pokémon, however, the interruption comes in the sounds of a scuffle starting behind you. You turn, and see a small gathering of five Pokémon about twenty feet away. Four of them - a Scraggy, a Buneary, a Poochyena, and an Abra - have encircled the fifth, a Farfetch'd, against a tree trunk. The wild duck Pokémon looks anxious, but it's only when the Scraggy bursts into action do you understand why. The shedding Pokémon lunges forward in a blur of motion, grabbing the Farfetch'd head with his grip and ramming it with a powerful headbutt. The duck instantly crumples to the ground with a squawk, and before you, Annalise, or any of your Pokémon can react, the Abra reaches down to grabs one of the Farfetch'd's wings. Holding tightly, the psychic-type blinks out of existence with a Teleport taking its captive with it.

Annalise lets out a cry, pointing not at the antagonistic Scraggy to your surprise but the Poochyena. A scruffy-looking thing, you see patches of brown in its otherwise grey fur. "That Poochyena, I recognize that fur! That was the one Parker went off to play with!"

Hearing her shout, said Poochyena turns and spots your group. Growing wide-eyed at the sight of witnesses, the bite Pokémon growls threateningly but stands her ground. The Scraggy and Buneary turn at their companion's snarl and upon seeing you visibly ready for a fight, the Scraggy excitedly cracking his knuckles and the Buneary resignedly shrugging.

Behind you, you hear a motor starting.

What will you do?

(Declared: Espeon, Aron, Herdier)
__________________
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:25 AM   #17
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
Kawaiiconcept: Overcome with compassion at the thought of losing one of your beloved companions, you fight the urge to draw Annalise into a hug. Instead you introduce yourself, committing to helping this stranger find her Pokémon. A plan immediately coming to you, you bring out your uniquely colored Herdier, Cassie, who begins to run around in energetic circles once caught up to the situation by Frieghya. It seems simple enough to you; between your Espeon and your Herdier, one is sure to catch the scent of this Zorua.

You explain as such to Annalise, asking her for a something that might carry the Zorua, Parker's, scent. Her face scrunches up in thought before an idea visibly hits her. "Yes, I do," she says as she shrugs off her backpack. Setting it on the dirt, Annalise unzips it and slides her handful of posters inside. As soon as her hands are free she opens a new compartment, digging around for a moment. With a soft "Aha!" she pulls out a small stuffed rabbit, lovingly worn from years of play. "This is her favorite toy. It's been with her since she was a baby."

She doesn't let the toy part from her grip, but she does allow Cassie and Frieghya to approach and sniff at the plushie fabric. The two lower their snouts to the ground and begin sniffing around the area of the park. A tense long while passes, until finally Frieghya returns to your side with a mournful shake of her head. She couldn't find anything. Cassie, though, continues sniffing. Suddenly, after only a little while longer, her head springs up with an excited yip. The Herdier gives a quick look in your direction and nods excitedly. She found a trail!

Beside you, Annalise lets out a short gasp. You turn to see she's clamped a hand over her mouth, a hesitant look of hope entering her gaze. She turns to thank you, but before she can utter out more than the first word Cassie bounds off, determinedly following the scent. Annalise immediately takes off after the Herdier, you and your Pokémon following only a moment later. Cassie leads you off the path towards a thicket of trees, slowing your progress enough that even Erin on his tiny legs can keep up.

Shrubbery streams past as your group runs ahead, until finally you round a final tree and find yourselves on the edge of the park. Ahead to your right, a fence separates the park you're still in from the street, where cars zip past in an inconsistent pattern. You continue forward, only to suddenly stop to prevent yourself from trotting over Cassie. Your Herdier has suddenly stopped, posed in a classic pointer's stance out away from the park. You line yourself with her gaze, and see she's pointed right towards a small alley, just barely wide enough to fit a single vehicle amidst the dumpsters and trash cans. As you look closer, you find there is a vehicle parked a short jaunt from the alley mouth. A large white van with its rear doors facing you, you see no distinguishing marks but a small logo on one of the doors. It's hard to make out at this distance, especially the words, but the picture itself seems to be of a Mr. Mime seated at a baby grand piano.

Annalise joins you. Spotting the van as well, she asks aloud, "A van? Is she trying to say Parker's-" Again, though, before she can continue any further Annalise is interrupted. Instead of by any of your Pokémon, however, the interruption comes in the sounds of a scuffle starting behind you. You turn, and see a small gathering of five Pokémon about twenty feet away. Four of them - a Scraggy, a Buneary, a Poochyena, and an Abra - have encircled the fifth, a Farfetch'd, against a tree trunk. The wild duck Pokémon looks anxious, but it's only when the Scraggy bursts into action do you understand why. The shedding Pokémon lunges forward in a blur of motion, grabbing the Farfetch'd head with his grip and ramming it with a powerful headbutt. The duck instantly crumples to the ground with a squawk, and before you, Annalise, or any of your Pokémon can react, the Abra reaches down to grabs one of the Farfetch'd's wings. Holding tightly, the psychic-type blinks out of existence with a Teleport taking its captive with it.

Annalise lets out a cry, pointing not at the antagonistic Scraggy to your surprise but the Poochyena. A scruffy-looking thing, you see patches of brown in its otherwise grey fur. "That Poochyena, I recognize that fur! That was the one Parker went off to play with!"

Hearing her shout, said Poochyena turns and spots your group. Growing wide-eyed at the sight of witnesses, the bite Pokémon growls threateningly but stands her ground. The Scraggy and Buneary turn at their companion's snarl and upon seeing you visibly ready for a fight, the Scraggy excitedly cracking his knuckles and the Buneary resignedly shrugging.

Behind you, you hear a motor starting.

What will you do?

(Declared: Espeon, Aron, Herdier)

Kawaii watched the events go down with concern in her heart for the Farfetch'd. It dissapeared without warning and the pinkette hoped it was going to be ok. Right now it didn't matter. They had a battle on their hands. Kawaii thought for a moment tallying up the types she was dealing with. First she would have to focus on the Poochyeena, which seemed to be the leader. She looked at Cassie who nodded. Next was the Scrafty, it was the most eager to fight, but Frieghya would be useless. Erin would have to do. The Aron sensed his calling and bounded forward. Lastly was the Buneary. There was only one of her pokemon left anyway. Freighya took her place by the others and waited, her tail swishing.
The female trainer addressed her Herdier first. "Start off with a tackle and bite combo!" she comanded and the normal-type took off toward the Poochyeena. She bowled it over and bit into it's soft flank.
Next she turned to her steel type "Mudslap then headbutt." She ordered and Erin nodded. He remained stationary as ,out of nowhere, a wave of mud slapped his opponent across the face. Then Erin charged forward and headbutted the Scrafty.
Finally Kawaii turned to her Espeon companion "Confusion and Psybeam please." she said and the pscychic type nodded firing two beams from her forehead. The first ment to confuse, the second ment for damage. The first beam bombardedcthe Buneary's senses and made it's head spin. The second infiltrated its thoughts and caused it phsyical pain.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #18
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
Spoiler: show
Kawaii watched the events go down with concern in her heart for the Farfetch'd. It dissapeared without warning and the pinkette hoped it was going to be ok. Right now it didn't matter. They had a battle on their hands. Kawaii thought for a moment tallying up the types she was dealing with. First she would have to focus on the Poochyeena, which seemed to be the leader. She looked at Cassie who nodded. Next was the Scrafty, it was the most eager to fight, but Frieghya would be useless. Erin would have to do. The Aron sensed his calling and bounded forward. Lastly was the Buneary. There was only one of her pokemon left anyway. Freighya took her place by the others and waited, her tail swishing.
The female trainer addressed her Herdier first. "Start off with a tackle and bite combo!" she comanded and the normal-type took off toward the Poochyeena. She bowled it over and bit into it's soft flank.
Next she turned to her steel type "Mudslap then headbutt." She ordered and Erin nodded. He remained stationary as ,out of nowhere, a wave of mud slapped his opponent across the face. Then Erin charged forward and headbutted the Scrafty.
Finally Kawaii turned to her Espeon companion "Confusion and Psybeam please." she said and the pscychic type nodded firing two beams from her forehead. The first ment to confuse, the second ment for damage. The first beam bombardedcthe Buneary's senses and made it's head spin. The second infiltrated its thoughts and caused it phsyical pain.
kawaiiconcept: Concerned about the fate of this Farfetch'd, you take in the situation and decide this Poochyena is the Pokémon you should focus on. Commands issued, Cassie bolts forward straight at the smaller canine, ramming into the Poochyena with a reckless Tackle. The two canines go down into a heap of scrambling limbs, each trying to gain purchase on the other. The Poochyena gives a loud Howl as he attempts to push the larger dog off him. He gives a shove, but fails once, giving the Herdier time to snap a quick Bite at the soft meat of the Poochyena's left haunch. The bite Pokémon yowls in pain and uses that anger to shove once more, succeeding in throwing the loyal dog Pokémon a few feet away. With a fierce growl, the Poochyena pounces up onto Cassie's back, returning the favor with a Bite to her front leg.

As the dog fight takes shape, you turn your gaze to the lackey Pokémon, sending Erin after the fight-happy Scraggy. The Scraggy seems particularly thrilled with this match-up, eager to make use of the type advantage. Or, he seems happy, up until a wave of mud slaps him across the jaw. The miniature hoodlum staggers backward, pawing at his eyes as he struggles to see. As he does, the Scraggy reaches down to the dirt, grabbing a handful of sandy dirt in an attack upon the Aron. Unfortunately, blinded as he is, the Scraggy's toss sails right over Erin's head, harmlessly missing. Grinning at this, Erin charges forward, bringing just deserts onto the headbutting Pokémon with a Headbutt of his own. The Scraggy's head whips backwards, momentum tossing the Scraggy backwards rear over teakettle. Prone on the ground, the Scraggy blinks up at Erin, squinting amidst the mud, and successfully takes the Aron by surprise with a Low Kick. Thrown to the side by the kick, Erin now finds himself prone. Looking up, he finds it was only by luck that he didn't ram into one of the nearby trees.

Lastly, you turn to Frieghya. Forced to fight the Buneary by virtue of type matchups and being the last two left, the Espeon nods at your orders. Eyes glowing with psionic energy, Frieghya sends a beam of pure Confusion at the bunny Pokémon. As the beam contacts, the Buneary lurches side to side for a moment, holding his head in pain. The moment passes, though, and quickly the rabbit straightens up, clapping a mocking Encore at the sun Pokémon. To the surprise of both you and your Espeon, just as Frieghya is about to fire her Psybeam, the compulsion washes over her and another Confusion pulses from the orb on her forehead. Again, the Buneary winces with pain, but again just as quickly shakes it off. Glaring at you, Frieghya, and this entire situation it seems, the Buneary then charges forward, taking all his Frustration out on the Eeveelution before she has a chance to dodge out of the way.

As you look over the battle, you see that of the opposing Pokémon the Poochyena and Scraggy both look worse for wear, though the Buneary still looks fresh. Inversely, you see that Cassie and Erin both still are ready for battle. It is only Frieghya that looks rough from that powerful Frustration attack. At your side, you're dimly aware of Annalise having dropped to her knees, rummaging through her bag. She seems to be rather determinedly looking for something, but for what you can't be sure.

Behind you, you still hear a motor running, only a tad fainter.

The battle rages. What shall you do?

(Declared 3/6: Espeon, Aron, Herdier)
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #19
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Halloweentown
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post


morningstar: ((Pokémon declared 2/6: Mawile, Scraggy))

The Bullarum Industrial Complex is far from the prettiest sight in New Fizz City, though there’s no denying it’s one of the less crowded, especially compared to the bustling plazas at the heart of the bustling metropolis. Or so you’d like to think.

As you, Éclair and Monte make your way along the various warehouses and refinery buildings, trying your best to ignore the pungent scent of oil in the air, you suddenly hear a strangely familiar – and not too pleasant – sound coming from somewhere nearby: sirens.
You rush to meet the origin of the sound, only to discover that, in front of one of the larger storage compounds, four Police cars have just parked, their sirens still flashing white and blue. You keep watching from a distance; two officers make their way out of each vehicle, then open the back door to let out two Growlithe. All in all, eight policemen and eight hounds stand a few feet away from you, scanning the perimeter with their eyes and scent respectively, obviously looking for something – or someone. So much for getting away from the commotion…

Whoever it is that they’re after seems to have upstaged them, because the force is clearly at a loss for leads. The way they look around in apprehension, uncoordinated and hesitant, can only mean one of two things: either they haven’t been properly briefed, or whatever they’re looking for is dangerous enough to keep them on their toes even with eight Growlithe on their side.

All of a sudden, every dog starts barking in unison, making a ruckus out of nowhere. It takes a while for you to realize that, however, they seem to be barking in your direction!

“W-wait! Over there! After her!”
“Don’t let her get away!”
“Get a move on, you idiots!!”

In a matter of seconds, the entire squad is running in your direction, alerted by the hounds who easily picked up your scent. This is obviously a huge misunderstanding, but is there really time to explain?! Quick, what do you do – run the hell away or risk reasoning with the rushing police force and their hounds?!


Athena's Pokemon heard the sirens before she did. Their senses a more heightened than their trainer's. At first she thought nothing of it. After all, she had heard sirens echoing through the city throughout the day, it had become part of the background noise. These sirens were different, and when she realized how close they were, she worriedly headed in their direction, her Pokemon at her heels. She spotted the police cars by the storage container and slowed to a stop. She wanted to keep her distance, and not interfere with whatever they were doing. As Athena observed them, she noticed they looked frustrated. The trainer felt sympathy for them, she was sure it was a difficult job.

Eclair put a hand out to grab Athena's hand as one of the Growlithe noticed the trio standing there. Athena tensed up as the Pokemon began barking to alert their humans. An officer raised their hand to point in her direction. She looked around frantically, hoping they were pointing at something, or someone, else. To her despair, she was alone, only a storage container stood behind her.

What reason did they have to go after her? Did she miss a 'No Trespassing' sign on her way in? Had she accidentally forgot to pay for something on the way out of a shop? Or even worse, did Eclair pilfer something again while they were walking thorugh the crowds? She shot a look at her Mawile, who held up her hands in defense and shook her head. Monte had taken to pulling his pants-like shed skin up over his eyes, perhaps thinking he couldn't be seen. She was surrounded now by the squad of police and their growling partners. Running was a terrible idea, and as she couldn't think of anything illegal she had done, she figured she might as well try and find out what was even going on.

"H-hi um, can I help you, officers?" She stuttered out. Stupid! They're going to think you're trying to play dumb! came the thought immediately after. Her heart pounded wildly as she waited for someone to reply.
__________________




Last edited by morningstar; 06-13-2017 at 09:26 PM. Reason: spacing
morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:00 AM   #20
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
kawaiiconcept: Concerned about the fate of this Farfetch'd, you take in the situation and decide this Poochyena is the Pokémon you should focus on. Commands issued, Cassie bolts forward straight at the smaller canine, ramming into the Poochyena with a reckless Tackle. The two canines go down into a heap of scrambling limbs, each trying to gain purchase on the other. The Poochyena gives a loud Howl as he attempts to push the larger dog off him. He gives a shove, but fails once, giving the Herdier time to snap a quick Bite at the soft meat of the Poochyena's left haunch. The bite Pokémon yowls in pain and uses that anger to shove once more, succeeding in throwing the loyal dog Pokémon a few feet away. With a fierce growl, the Poochyena pounces up onto Cassie's back, returning the favor with a Bite to her front leg.

As the dog fight takes shape, you turn your gaze to the lackey Pokémon, sending Erin after the fight-happy Scraggy. The Scraggy seems particularly thrilled with this match-up, eager to make use of the type advantage. Or, he seems happy, up until a wave of mud slaps him across the jaw. The miniature hoodlum staggers backward, pawing at his eyes as he struggles to see. As he does, the Scraggy reaches down to the dirt, grabbing a handful of sandy dirt in an attack upon the Aron. Unfortunately, blinded as he is, the Scraggy's toss sails right over Erin's head, harmlessly missing. Grinning at this, Erin charges forward, bringing just deserts onto the headbutting Pokémon with a Headbutt of his own. The Scraggy's head whips backwards, momentum tossing the Scraggy backwards rear over teakettle. Prone on the ground, the Scraggy blinks up at Erin, squinting amidst the mud, and successfully takes the Aron by surprise with a Low Kick. Thrown to the side by the kick, Erin now finds himself prone. Looking up, he finds it was only by luck that he didn't ram into one of the nearby trees.

Lastly, you turn to Frieghya. Forced to fight the Buneary by virtue of type matchups and being the last two left, the Espeon nods at your orders. Eyes glowing with psionic energy, Frieghya sends a beam of pure Confusion at the bunny Pokémon. As the beam contacts, the Buneary lurches side to side for a moment, holding his head in pain. The moment passes, though, and quickly the rabbit straightens up, clapping a mocking Encore at the sun Pokémon. To the surprise of both you and your Espeon, just as Frieghya is about to fire her Psybeam, the compulsion washes over her and another Confusion pulses from the orb on her forehead. Again, the Buneary winces with pain, but again just as quickly shakes it off. Glaring at you, Frieghya, and this entire situation it seems, the Buneary then charges forward, taking all his Frustration out on the Eeveelution before she has a chance to dodge out of the way.

As you look over the battle, you see that of the opposing Pokémon the Poochyena and Scraggy both look worse for wear, though the Buneary still looks fresh. Inversely, you see that Cassie and Erin both still are ready for battle. It is only Frieghya that looks rough from that powerful Frustration attack. At your side, you're dimly aware of Annalise having dropped to her knees, rummaging through her bag. She seems to be rather determinedly looking for something, but for what you can't be sure.

Behind you, you still hear a motor running, only a tad fainter.

The battle rages. What shall you do?

(Declared 3/6: Espeon, Aron, Herdier)


Kawaii was laser focused on the battle ahead of her. She addressed her closest companion, Frieghya, first. "You can do it! use Psyshock and Psychic." she commanded and the Espeon nodded. From the jewel on her forehead rocks shot out and struck the Buneary , giving it a good shock. Next she seemed to take contol of the normal-type and somehow dealing pain to it at the same time.
The pinkette turned to Erin "You did great, hit 'em with another headbutt and harden in preparation for the next attack."
The Aron nodded and charged forward to butt his opponent with his head and then once the attack hit immediately backed off and closed his eyes.His shell seemed to thicken and become more durable. He was ready to take on anything.
Finally the Female trainer addressed her faithful gaurd-dog. "Keep going Cassie! Two quick Bites will do it." the Herdier barked in affirmation and dug her teeth into her opponent's flank twice more.
Kawaii hoped her pokemon would not get too hurt in this fight. She was also concerned for the safety of the other pokemon. Despite their actions she hoped they could be reformed by good trainers. Maybe even she would would pick one up. She studied her options carefully. Her eyes landed on the Scraggy. He was fiesty but something tingled in the back of her mind. He just needed the right caring touch. She would have to keep an eye on the amount of damage that Erin was doing.

__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.

Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 06-14-2017 at 01:30 PM.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #21
Maskerade
Boulder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 209
morningstar:

It takes a special kind of courage to stand still in the face on five incoming dogs: the kind that foregoes the most basic of survival instincts, and that many would be quick to call “stupidity” instead. And would they be wrong?

As expected of police-trained hounds, two Growlithe leap towards Éclair and Monte, pinning them to the ground and effectively neutralizing them for the moment. The other three dogs surround you, but do not lunge, likely having been taught to hold back against humans until ordered otherwise. The five policemen catch up to their partners soon afterwards, and without a trace of hesitation, pull out their handguns and point them straight at you. This is not a sight you will be forgetting any time soon…

“Hands behind your head!”
“On your knees now!”

You decide you don’t have much of a choice for now, so you do as you’re told. One of the policemen, the oldest-looking of the bunch, with short grizzly hair and sunglasses, drops to your level and speaks in a low tone, barely audible above the Growlithe’s barking.

“You’re in big trouble young lady, I’m sure you realize that by now.” His voice is raspy and ominous, and you can tell he’s thoroughly enjoying this. “You should’ve stayed locked in that warehouse and starved to death; people with a face like yours don’t do well in prison.”

Suddenly, a thud next to you causes the policeman to shift his gaze, and so do you. One of the officers has just collapsed, lying motionless on the ground, felled by something nobody saw coming.

“H-his neck…. Poison Sting! Take cover!!”

Instinctively, the older officer picks you up off the ground effortlessly in a fireman’s carry and runs for the nearby crate, taking shelter behind it, as do the remaining police officers. The Growlithe also carry Éclair and Monte to safety, much to your short-lived relief – in a matter of seconds, there is a pistol pressed against your temple and the raspy-voiced man demands an answer.

“Start explaining! Do you have accomplices scattered around the other warehouses? What is your objective? Make it quick!
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:14 PM   #22
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post

deoxys: ((Pokémon declared 1/6: Phanpy))

New Fizz City is, befitting an expanding metropolis, richly supplied by all manner of transportation networks. Millions of people commute in and out every day, swimming in a sea of routine and obligations. But you’re different: you are a Pokémon Trainer on a journey of rediscovery - and perhaps atonement? – and that means the easy way isn’t an option. The world is waiting to be explored, and as such, you decide to tackle the rest of the way on foot, accompanied by your unusually-colored Phanpy.

The Railyard is famous to any Fizz citizen, the largest and most complex maze of iron tracks anywhere in the region. And while it’s not the most beautiful or unique of vistas, the sheer amount of activity – especially during rush hour – makes it so there is rarely ever a moment of quiet contemplation to be had. And yet, on the final hours of the afternoon, this seems to be one of those rare occasions.

As you walk along one of the railroads, Izuku following close by brimming with excitement, you can’t help but notice how few trains are actually passing by. You’d have expected a lot more commotion at this point. Every now and again you look around, eyes on the rails, trying to spot a Pokémon or two – Steel-Types are said to favoured this area in particular – but there doesn’t seem to be anone, or anything, for miles around except for the neverending steel tracks. Well, not exactly…

Izuku suddenly points to one of the rails in the distance with his trunk, and your eyes follow. Indeed, there seems to be something directly on top of the track, unmoving. It takes you a while longer, and some more proximity, to actually realize what it’s about: that’s not an object, but rather an old man – bald with a respectable white beard - sitting on the rails with his legs crossed, perfectly static. What on earth is he doing there?!

It might be best not to meddle in the affairs of others (after all, it’s unlikely he wound up there by mistake, and he must have his reasons), but there’s no denying it’s a strange sight to say the least. Will you leave the elder behind and continue exploring the railways, or should you approach him?...
Hiero looked befuddled. Was that... was that an old man sitting on the rails?

"Izuku... does that seem sort of... unusual to you?" Hiero questioned. The Phanpy tilted his head at the scene that was playing out, and then looked at Hiero with a confused expression. "Yeah, I thought so. I mean... maybe it's none of my business but... sigh." Hiero walked up to the track where the old man was sitting and decided to speak to him.

"Uh... Hello - I happened to be passing by and I couldn't help but notice you sitting on the tracks here... do you uh, do you wanna talk about it? Maybe somewhere safer than right there?"

Phanpy walked forward and stood in front of Hiero cautiously. Izuku wanted to make sure his trainer was safe, having not yet determined if the old man was friend or foe. It isn't every day you see someone sitting on railroad tracks, and if Hiero had to guess, this man probably had a grudge or something that he needed to solve. Normally, he wouldn't entangle himself in other's personal business, but in this case, he was putting himself, and others, in potential danger. Hiero figured the best plan of action, for now, would be to try to level with the old man - see what he wanted, if he was alright, and just generally hear him out.

"If you don't want to talk about it either, I understand. I'm not going to try to force you to move, but I do think it would be for the best if you did - at least for the time being. If this is something you feel you need to do, then, well..." Hiero trailed off. He wasn't really sure how to approach this. It could be a delicate topic, and opening up a conversation with a stranger, especially one who was doing something generally considered illogical, was a somewhat risky thing to do. He needed to tread lightly and get a feel for what the old man was about. Who knows - the guy might not even respond to him.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:15 AM   #23
Rotom310
Boulder Badge
 
Rotom310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
Spoiler: show
Kawaii was laser focused on the battle ahead of her. She addressed her closest companion, Frieghya, first. "You can do it! use Psyshock and Psychic." she commanded and the Espeon nodded. From the jewel on her forehead rocks shot out and struck the Buneary , giving it a good shock. Next she seemed to take contol of the normal-type and somehow dealing pain to it at the same time.
The pinkette turned to Erin "You did great, hit 'em with another headbutt and harden in preparation for the next attack."
The Aron nodded and charged forward to butt his opponent with his head and then once the attack hit immediately backed off and closed his eyes.His shell seemed to thicken and become more durable. He was ready to take on anything.
Finally the Female trainer addressed her faithful gaurd-dog. "Keep going Cassie! Two quick Bites will do it." the Herdier barked in affirmation and dug her teeth into her opponent's flank twice more.
Kawaii hoped her pokemon would not get too hurt in this fight. She was also concerned for the safety of the other pokemon. Despite their actions she hoped they could be reformed by good trainers. Maybe even she would would pick one up. She studied her options carefully. Her eyes landed on the Scraggy. He was fiesty but something tingled in the back of her mind. He just needed the right caring touch. She would have to keep an eye on the amount of damage that Erin was doing.
kawaiiconcept: Turning your attention to those fighting closest to you, you call out orders to your Espeon. She nods her acknowledgement and begins to gather psychic energy into her forehead orb, but at the last second the encore flits through her mind. Almost against her will, she fires off a wave of Confusion once more at the Buneary. Just as he did the last two times, the Buneary grips his head through the onslaught, but sticks the pain out to deliver a good one-two Double Hit against the Espeon's side. Now frustrated herself, Frieghya tries to use the Psychic you issued, but one final time falls victim to the encore. Another Confusion shoots out of her forehead orb, gripping the rabbit in psychic pain. This time, it really seems to get to the Buneary as he grips both ears tightly with a cry, pulling them down as if trying to block out some noise you can't hear. It takes longer, but the Buneary finally fights through the mental torture and quickly attacks Frieghya. The Espeon is still standing, but you can visibly see the strain she's under. The Buneary, meanwhile, physically looks like he's right as rain. There is, you can tell, though, a fatigued look in his eyes. He might not be doing as well as he seems on the surface.

Next up you command Erin. Righting himself with a groan, the Aron shakes out his head to regain his bearings. Spotting the Scraggy trying and mostly failing to get up himself, Erin charges forward once more, Headbutting the shedding Pokémon back onto his back. Poor thing just can't seem to get a break. Erin then turns to retreat to a safer distance and prep his defense, but - catching a break of luck - the Scraggy manages to swipe a Feint Attack at the Aron's side as he leaves. Outside of melee range, Erin turns his focus inward as his protective armor Hardens with a metallic sheen. His focus wanders moments later, as a righted Scraggy starts Swaggering forward while yelling. You, yourself, don't understand what's being said, but Erin hears it perfectly. Quickly his mind slips into a deep rage at the quite rude slights against you and your team. It might just be for the best you don't understand. In comparison to Frieghya and the Poochyena, Erin and the Scraggy have reversed the standings. Erin honestly looks better than he started, minus a few scratches and the angry confusion fogging his sight. The Scraggy, meanwhile, seems to be on his last legs. If you wanted to try something now would be the time.

Lastly you have the dog fight. Perched atop Cassie's back, the Poochyena permits himself a touch of gloating, aiming a Bite at the larger dog's shoulder blade between taunting nips. The Herdier yowls out, lunging to the side, and managing to throw the Poochyena down to the ground. Taking the opportunity, Cassie rushes forward with a Bite of her own, slipping around the Poochyena's ineffective paw swipes. Glaring, the Poochyena aims a bite right for Cassie's jugular, purple haze of Poison setting the canine's Fangs aglow. Cassie, instincts recognizing the attack's intent, moves just in time for the bite to hit any vital areas. Nonetheless, the bite still clamps onto Cassie's foreleg, sending a purple sheen of Toxic Poison across the Herdier. Now visibly limping, Cassie fights through the poison to Bite down on the scruff of the Poochyena's neck and toss him. Going down in a pile of limbs, the Poochyena struggles and fails to stand up. He's conscious, but is only barely able to keep fighting - especially against Cassie, who despite the poison and limp only looks slightly worn.

Luckily for the Poochyena, his battle is over. With a faint 'pop', an Abra blinks into existence on the battlefield only a foot away from the flagging hyena Pokémon. Sweeping his gaze over the two still raging battles, the Abra's eyes open in shock at the - to him - sudden fighting. When the Abra's sight flicks to the Poochyena, then Cassie, and finally to you, you see a flicker of annoyance enter his eyes. Before you or Cassie can react, the Abra reaches down and grips ahold of the Poochyena, blinking the two out of existence with another Teleport.


(Cassie has gained 1 level!)

At your side, Annalise seems to have missed the entire appearance and exit of the Abra, still rummaging through her bag. She pulls something out with a smile, which quickly morphs in a frown as she discovers what she's grabbed. Looking up at you, she tosses it your way with a quick "Here, this might help you more than me." Almost fumbling the catch, you discover she's tossed a red capsule of 2 Sitrus Berries, remarkably Poke Ball shaped.

Behind you, a motor still runs.

What would you like to do?

(Declared 3/6: Espeon, Aron, Herdier)
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #24
kawaiiconcept
Rainbow Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
kawaiiconcept: Turning your attention to those fighting closest to you, you call out orders to your Espeon. She nods her acknowledgement and begins to gather psychic energy into her forehead orb, but at the last second the encore flits through her mind. Almost against her will, she fires off a wave of Confusion once more at the Buneary. Just as he did the last two times, the Buneary grips his head through the onslaught, but sticks the pain out to deliver a good one-two Double Hit against the Espeon's side. Now frustrated herself, Frieghya tries to use the Psychic you issued, but one final time falls victim to the encore. Another Confusion shoots out of her forehead orb, gripping the rabbit in psychic pain. This time, it really seems to get to the Buneary as he grips both ears tightly with a cry, pulling them down as if trying to block out some noise you can't hear. It takes longer, but the Buneary finally fights through the mental torture and quickly attacks Frieghya. The Espeon is still standing, but you can visibly see the strain she's under. The Buneary, meanwhile, physically looks like he's right as rain. There is, you can tell, though, a fatigued look in his eyes. He might not be doing as well as he seems on the surface.

Next up you command Erin. Righting himself with a groan, the Aron shakes out his head to regain his bearings. Spotting the Scraggy trying and mostly failing to get up himself, Erin charges forward once more, Headbutting the shedding Pokémon back onto his back. Poor thing just can't seem to get a break. Erin then turns to retreat to a safer distance and prep his defense, but - catching a break of luck - the Scraggy manages to swipe a Feint Attack at the Aron's side as he leaves. Outside of melee range, Erin turns his focus inward as his protective armor Hardens with a metallic sheen. His focus wanders moments later, as a righted Scraggy starts Swaggering forward while yelling. You, yourself, don't understand what's being said, but Erin hears it perfectly. Quickly his mind slips into a deep rage at the quite rude slights against you and your team. It might just be for the best you don't understand. In comparison to Frieghya and the Poochyena, Erin and the Scraggy have reversed the standings. Erin honestly looks better than he started, minus a few scratches and the angry confusion fogging his sight. The Scraggy, meanwhile, seems to be on his last legs. If you wanted to try something now would be the time.

Lastly you have the dog fight. Perched atop Cassie's back, the Poochyena permits himself a touch of gloating, aiming a Bite at the larger dog's shoulder blade between taunting nips. The Herdier yowls out, lunging to the side, and managing to throw the Poochyena down to the ground. Taking the opportunity, Cassie rushes forward with a Bite of her own, slipping around the Poochyena's ineffective paw swipes. Glaring, the Poochyena aims a bite right for Cassie's jugular, purple haze of Poison setting the canine's Fangs aglow. Cassie, instincts recognizing the attack's intent, moves just in time for the bite to hit any vital areas. Nonetheless, the bite still clamps onto Cassie's foreleg, sending a purple sheen of Toxic Poison across the Herdier. Now visibly limping, Cassie fights through the poison to Bite down on the scruff of the Poochyena's neck and toss him. Going down in a pile of limbs, the Poochyena struggles and fails to stand up. He's conscious, but is only barely able to keep fighting - especially against Cassie, who despite the poison and limp only looks slightly worn.

Luckily for the Poochyena, his battle is over. With a faint 'pop', an Abra blinks into existence on the battlefield only a foot away from the flagging hyena Pokémon. Sweeping his gaze over the two still raging battles, the Abra's eyes open in shock at the - to him - sudden fighting. When the Abra's sight flicks to the Poochyena, then Cassie, and finally to you, you see a flicker of annoyance enter his eyes. Before you or Cassie can react, the Abra reaches down and grips ahold of the Poochyena, blinking the two out of existence with another Teleport.


(Cassie has gained 1 level!)

At your side, Annalise seems to have missed the entire appearance and exit of the Abra, still rummaging through her bag. She pulls something out with a smile, which quickly morphs in a frown as she discovers what she's grabbed. Looking up at you, she tosses it your way with a quick "Here, this might help you more than me." Almost fumbling the catch, you discover she's tossed a red capsule of 2 Sitrus Berries, remarkably Poke Ball shaped.

Behind you, a motor still runs.

What would you like to do?

(Declared 3/6: Espeon, Aron, Herdier)


Kawaii imeadiatly grabbed the berries and ran over to Cassie. She pet the dog-pokemon and fed her one of the berries, "Here this will help. Sorry if you don't like it that much."
The normal-type scarfed down the berry and imeadiatly felt a little better, but still cringed from the poison.
The pinkette looked to Annaliese "Do you have anything to cure poison?" she asked standing up and leading Cassie to where she was standing. She addressed Frieghya "Hang in! Use two more Confusions but if it tries to attack you dodge it." The Espeon nodded and fired another beam out of her jewl.
Lastly the female trainer addressed her Aron "I have an idea so just hang tight." Kawaii took out an empty pokeball she counted the remaining ones "Dang six left." she muttered to herself. Then the pinkette walked up to the Scraggy "Hey, I don't know what your current life is but if you come with me I promise to feed you and teat you like everyone else on my team. I even have some other dark types who would love to train with you. You could even fight for fun and win prizes." She heald out the pokeball with a soft smile on her face.
Erin, meanwhile, looked ready to help Frieghya if Kawaii's idea worked. He hoped it did since he was always ready to welcome new members to the team. The Aron would even personally train the new addition himself as they worked through his problems with aggression.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:56 PM   #25
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Halloweentown
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
morningstar:

It takes a special kind of courage to stand still in the face on five incoming dogs: the kind that foregoes the most basic of survival instincts, and that many would be quick to call “stupidity” instead. And would they be wrong?

As expected of police-trained hounds, two Growlithe leap towards Éclair and Monte, pinning them to the ground and effectively neutralizing them for the moment. The other three dogs surround you, but do not lunge, likely having been taught to hold back against humans until ordered otherwise. The five policemen catch up to their partners soon afterwards, and without a trace of hesitation, pull out their handguns and point them straight at you. This is not a sight you will be forgetting any time soon…

“Hands behind your head!”
“On your knees now!”

You decide you don’t have much of a choice for now, so you do as you’re told. One of the policemen, the oldest-looking of the bunch, with short grizzly hair and sunglasses, drops to your level and speaks in a low tone, barely audible above the Growlithe’s barking.

“You’re in big trouble young lady, I’m sure you realize that by now.” His voice is raspy and ominous, and you can tell he’s thoroughly enjoying this. “You should’ve stayed locked in that warehouse and starved to death; people with a face like yours don’t do well in prison.”

Suddenly, a thud next to you causes the policeman to shift his gaze, and so do you. One of the officers has just collapsed, lying motionless on the ground, felled by something nobody saw coming.

“H-his neck…. Poison Sting! Take cover!!”

Instinctively, the older officer picks you up off the ground effortlessly in a fireman’s carry and runs for the nearby crate, taking shelter behind it, as do the remaining police officers. The Growlithe also carry Éclair and Monte to safety, much to your short-lived relief – in a matter of seconds, there is a pistol pressed against your temple and the raspy-voiced man demands an answer.

“Start explaining! Do you have accomplices scattered around the other warehouses? What is your objective? Make it quick!


Stay calm... Athena thought to herself, though she could already feel the tears welling up in her eyes from panic. As each officer pulled out their weapons, a lump rose in her throat. She knew it was probably just to get her to stay where she was, and she had no intention of moving at all unless instructed. Her knees scraped the pavement slightly as she kneeled down.

She gasped aloud as the raspy-voiced officer got in her face. Unsure if she should make eye contact, her focus darted back and forth from her scared reflection in his glasses to the badge on his chest. She swallowed hard, attempting to say something, anything that would get him to understand she was not who they were looking for. Before she could open her mouth to speak, an officer crumbled to the ground. Though small, she could see a stinger partially buried in their neck. Athena didn't even know a Pokemon move could take down a fully grown adult so easily.

Another gasp came out involuntarily as she was picked up. She looked frantically to see if her Pokemon were safe. Eclair, who had been thrown haphazardly on to the back of one of the Growlithe, made eye contact with her trainer, fear in both of their eyes. Monte had been picked up by the seat of his pants and somehow seemed to be enjoying the ride. Athena felt relieved the young Pokemon didn't quite understand the weight of the situation.

The fact that someone else had attacked the officers meant she was off the hook, right? Or so she thought until she felt the cold metal of the officer's gun press against her head. Athena was glad she was on the ground, her legs were shaking too much to stand. Accomplices? Objective? The trainer had really been in the worst place at the worst time. They must think she was someone incredibly dangerous if they felt the need to put the gun so close to her like this. Was this even legal? She swallowed down the urge to start sobbing, and did her best to reply in the calmest voice possible.

"My name's Athena and I-I uh, well my Trainer ID is 3-9-6-0... um" She paused, her mind was too flooded with panic to remember the last few numbers of her identification. "I-it's in my backpack! In the front pocket." So far she had done a good job of holding back tears. She was pretty proud of her response, too. It didn't seem like anything a criminal might say to protect themselves. She had been complying so far, she only hoped that they weren't trying to read into her reactions too much. Once they saw her ID, and the fact that the Kalos native had barely been a trainer for over a month and didn't even have a single gym badge, she was sure they would understand they had the wrong girl.

__________________




Last edited by morningstar; 06-15-2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: I sucked at proofreading this
morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.