UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-18-2017, 05:58 PM   #26
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I'm fine with these edits.

Will we get to do retroactive pick ups for the differences, like we did for the Starter Packs, if we already claimed our trainer birthday for the year?

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:22 PM   #27
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

In addition, will people whose 2017 birthdays occurred pre-NewFB be able to retroactively claim the rewards?
Old 05-18-2017, 06:23 PM   #28
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post

I'm fine with these edits.

Will we get to do retroactive pick ups for the differences, like we did for the Starter Packs, if we already claimed our trainer birthday for the year?

Unfortunately, given the current influx of Pokemon at this time and given how "retroactive" could have different definitions that would be difficult to choose between (would it be to April 1st when FB was relinquished? January 1st? All the way back to May 18th of last year?) I don't think we should be rewarding retroactive eggs. In fact, the fairest way may be to hold off on these new rewards until New Year's 2018.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #29
Connor
Flashbacker

Would personally advocate implementation New Year's 2018. It's the most fair way of approaching this, and I don't see there being much water to arguments against that which aren't driven by self satisfaction.

It's the least messy option by a long way.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #30
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

^

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-18-2017, 10:40 PM   #31
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

im ok with what has been said

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:00 PM   #32
Heather
Naga's Voice

Looks good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #33
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Righto. So the new gifts and (possibly) new birthdays will be implemented in New Year 2018, but what we can do now is at least make that new thread and do that reset for trainer birthdays! I'm gonna be working on that post today, and hopefully I'll put it up tonight! (Might be later though, I dunno.)

Oh while I'm here, I just reminded of Lit's point about merging certain species' birthdays, like Tauros/Miltank, Volbeat/Illumise... etc. (p.s. Nidorans are already have their birthdays "fused".) I would think it's a good idea, because in the future whenever we'll get yet another new gen, we're probably gonna run out of room in the calendar! ^^; Well, we have 18 days still free, but it's still getting a little short. Sofusing some of the birthdays that makes sense together will help making some precious room for the new upcoming gens.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #34
Snorby
Snackin'

I like the idea of merging birthdays that make thematic sense to make room for new gens quite a lot. If it would be helpful, I can make a list for potential candidates this evening.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #35
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

I would be cool/useful

Old 05-19-2017, 05:20 PM   #36
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Double-posting, but for good reason: Here's my first draft for the shiny-new Calendar thread! I would really need your feedback - especially concerning the text formatting and the RP/non-RP mix that I'm experimenting on.

~ Birthday Bubbles Bash – FB Birthday (Calendar) Venue ~

Right in the middle of one of the biggest cities of Fizzytopia, an eye-catching building stands in-between the skyscrapers. The outer walls are caked with fluorescent candy-colored paint and glitter, and covered with balloons and ribbons. It is just as flashy and festive inside, to the point the elevator beside the reception looked more like a portal to other candy-coated worlds.

“Welcome to the Birthday Bubbles Bash!” the jester-costumed receptionist smiles brightly at you, “It's the one and only place in Fizzytopia to celebrate your Pokémon's – and your own – birthday!”

“To make things simple,” she continues to explain, “we've assigned each known Pokémon line to a day in the year, all collected in what we call the FB Calendar. We can also register your own birthday in our system. Whenever it is, your Pokémon's birthday or your own, just come here and not only they'll be invited to one of our venues to celebrate, but the birthday fellow will receive lots and lots of goodies and presents!”

“Oh, and you're probably worrying about the costs, don't you?” the woman gives you a sad look, but quickly goes back to her smile. “Fear not! Believe it or not, it's absolutely free of charge! Here in Birthday Bubbles Bash, we believe you should cherish your friend's or your own special day without any worries, including monetary ones!”

“Sooooooo,” she gleefully claps her hands together and happily shuffles side to side, making the bells on her hat ring, “how should we get this party started for you?”

Pokémon Birthdays

Everyone likes to spoil their Pokémon! We already spend so much time with them, playing, exploring, training, battling... We all want to give them back for all the good times we spent with them, don't we? Well, you've come to the right place!

Since it's very hard to keep track of every Pokémon's actual birthdays for various reasons, we just assign each Pokémon line to a date within the year. When it's one of your Pokémon's birthday, just bring it here, quote the list of Pokémon presents, add your special specifics, and you're all good to go to party on!

Notes:
  • Dates are set for a Pokémon line, meaning that, for example, on Horsea day, Seadra and Kingdra get to celebrate their birthdays too!
  • Pokémon's birthday items MUST to be used with your pick-up post. The items can't be stored to be used later, either. That's because they are freshly made with top-quality ingredients and no preservatives! However, that means they get bad really fast. Also, nobody likes rotten cake in their fridge. Or worse, their backpack.)
  • Items collected MUST be used by the birthday Pokémon. I mean come on! It's THEIR birthday, not anyone else's!
  • Please tell us their level! We need it to calculate their new level then add it on top of their cake!
  • For all move-learning, please make sure that your Pokémon can learn it naturally in its usual movepool, and prove it to us via the usual Pokédex linkage!
  • Whenever you give them their Birthday Poffin, make sure you tell us what was all the previous Contest Stats, again with links!
  • And when you give them their Birthday Gummi, don't forget to link us to his previous IQ, and transfer the new information to the IQ Shop!

Don't remember your Pokémon's birthday? No worries! Just look at our calendar here! If there's any technical problems with it, please tell me (OkikuMew) via PM!

Pokémon Birthday Presents:
  • x1 Birthday Candy Cake: What's a birthday without a cake? Gives 2 levels.
  • x1 Birthday Berry Milkshake: A nice refreshing shake so good, it can make a Pokémon feel a totally new experience, or remind them of young, blissful times. Teaches either an Egg Move or a Move Tutor move.
  • x1 TM
  • x1 Birthday Poffin: Amazingly crafted by dedicated bakers, all Pokémon love it! Raises all contest stats by 10.
  • x1 Birthday Gummi: That rare treat can't be found anywhere but here! Raises IQ by 2.

Trainer Birthdays

We all love our Pokémon, but you know who also needs some love time to time? YOU! You've walked all over the world, went through many adventures, trained along side your Pokémon... You should get a treat for yourself, too!

First, register with us the date when you want to celebrate your special day. (You don't need it to be your actual birthday – it can be any day you want to celebrate you! Only one day though, obviously.) Afterwards, simply quote both your presents and your birthday, and enjoy your celebration!

Trainer Birthday Presents:
  • x1 Heart Scale
  • x200 Pokédollars
  • x2 Rare Candies
  • x2000 coins
  • x1 Birthday Gummi

Birthdays:

[insert list of FB members birthdays here]

Last edited by OkikuMew; 05-22-2017 at 02:54 PM. Reason: adding the links, but meh
Old 05-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #37
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Re: Combining Days

We could probably lump together starters of a given generation; i.e. Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur or Totodile/Cyndaquil/Chikorita.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-20-2017, 06:27 PM   #38
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The elemental monkeys- those three could be lumped together as well. And perhaps the Pikaclones if we really end up needing the extra room. At the very least, though, Plusle and Minun should probably share a birthday- I'm actually generally more in favor of treating Plusle and Minun as two individual, separate Pokémon, but I feel like I'm in the minority in that regard, so yeah- if we need the space, there's another group we can lump together.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:17 PM   #39
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Just make sure we don't have Seviper and Zangoose on the same birthday; that could end in disaster.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #40
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Well I'm glad seeing some suggestions of birthday fusions, but what needs to be pushed at the moment is the agreement/approval of my proposal for the first post of the new thread ^^;

Old 05-22-2017, 02:48 PM   #41
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
The only issue I'm having with that OP is the random mid-point changes in text size in the notes section. Even then that's a minor quibble.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:53 PM   #42
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

It's still a good point! I wanted to make a difference between the actual rule and the semi-RPed part. Tbh I was a little worried about how well that is read, so I'll just edit it to make it better (ie put the small parts in italics instead). Thanks ^^

Old 05-23-2017, 04:00 PM   #43
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

First post looks pretty good to me.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #44
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I neglected to comment on it because I saw no issue with it.

Let 'er rip.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-25-2017, 11:47 AM   #45
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Thanks for the feedback! I have received a general ok from the mods for my post (through Discord), however there's still some tweaking needed with the formatting. Here's my attempt #2, with tweaks suggested by feedback! (I know it might be silly to check with the formatting so much, but since I'll but using it as a template for the Boutique...)

Birthday Bubbles Bash
FB Birthday Venue

Right in the middle of one of the biggest cities of Fizzytopia, an eye-catching building stands in-between the skyscrapers. The outer walls are caked with fluorescent candy-colored paint and glitter, and covered with balloons and ribbons. It is just as flashy and festive inside, to the point the elevator beside the reception looked more like a portal to other candy-coated worlds.

“Welcome to the Birthday Bubbles Bash!” the jester-costumed receptionist smiles brightly at you, “It's the one and only place in Fizzytopia to celebrate your Pokémon's – and your own – birthday! To make things simple,” she continues to explain, “we've assigned each known Pokémon line to a day in the year, all collected in what we call the FB Calendar. We can also register your own birthday in our system. Whenever it is, your Pokémon's birthday or your own, just come here and not only they'll be invited to one of our venues to celebrate, but the birthday fellow will receive lots and lots of goodies and presents!”

“Oh, and you're probably worrying about the costs, don't you?” the woman gives you a sad look, but quickly goes back to her smile. “Fear not! Believe it or not, it's absolutely free of charge! Here in Birthday Bubbles Bash, we believe you should cherish your friend's or your own special day without any worries, including monetary ones! Sooooooo,” she gleefully claps her hands together and happily shuffles side to side, making the bells on her hat ring, “how should we get this party started for you?”

Pokémon Birthdays

Everyone likes to spoil their Pokémon! We already spend so much time with them, playing, exploring, training, battling... We all want to give them back for all the good times we spent with them, don't we? Well, you've come to the right place!

Since it's very hard to keep track of every Pokémon's actual birthdays for various reasons, we just assign each Pokémon line to a date within the year. When it's one of your Pokémon's birthday, just bring it here, quote the list of Pokémon presents, add your special specifics, and you're all good to go to party on!

Notes:
  • Dates are set for a Pokémon line, meaning that, for example, on Horsea day, Seadra and Kingdra get to celebrate their birthdays too!
  • Pokémon's birthday items MUST to be used with your pick-up post. The items can't be stored to be used later, either. That's because they are freshly made with top-quality ingredients and no preservatives! However, that means they get bad really fast. Also, nobody likes rotten cake in their fridge. Or worse, their backpack.)
  • Items collected MUST be used by the birthday Pokémon. I mean come on! It's THEIR birthday, not anyone else's!
  • Please tell us their level! We need it to calculate their new level then add it on top of their cake!
  • For all move-learning, please make sure that your Pokémon can learn it naturally in its usual movepool, and prove it to us via the usual Pokédex linkage!
  • Whenever you give them their Birthday Poffin, make sure you tell us what was all the previous Contest Stats, again with links!
  • And when you give them their Birthday Gummi, don't forget to link us to his previous IQ, and transfer the new information to the IQ Shop!

Don't remember your Pokémon's birthday? No worries! Just look at our calendar here! If there's any technical problems with it, please tell me (OkikuMew) via PM!

Pokémon Birthday Presents:
  • x1 Birthday Candy Cake: What's a birthday without a cake? Gives 2 levels.
  • x1 Birthday Berry Milkshake: A nice refreshing shake so good, it can make a Pokémon feel a totally new experience, or remind them of young, blissful times. Teaches either an Egg Move or a Move Tutor move.
  • x1 TM
  • x1 Birthday Poffin: Amazingly crafted by dedicated bakers, all Pokémon love it! Raises all contest stats by 10.
  • x1 Birthday Gummi: That rare treat can't be found anywhere but here! Raises IQ by 2.

Trainer Birthdays

We all love our Pokémon, but you know who also needs some love time to time? YOU! You've walked all over the world, went through many adventures, trained along side your Pokémon... You should get a treat for yourself, too!

First, register with us the date when you want to celebrate your special day. (You don't need it to be your actual birthday – it can be any day you want to celebrate you! Only one day though, obviously.) Afterwards, simply quote both your presents and your birthday, and enjoy your celebration!

Trainer Birthday Presents:
  • x1 Heart Scale
  • x200 Pokédollars
  • x2 Rare Candies
  • x2000 coins
  • x1 Birthday Gummi

Birthdays:

[insert list of FB members birthdays here]

Old 05-25-2017, 01:32 PM   #46
Snorby
Snackin'

Yikes! This was a bigger undertaking than I expected- sorry it took so long. Finally got around to compiling that list, though. The main list allows for Pokemon to be spread across more birthdays, but then I have some options listed at the bottom for an even more compact calendar if we so desire.

More Birthdays:
Spoiler: show
Squirtle/Bulbasaur/Charmander
Caterpie/Weedle
Igglybuff/Cleffa
Oddish/Bellsprout
Growlithe/Vulpix
Pinsir/Heracross
Elekid/Magby/Smoochum
Magikarp/Feebass
All Fossils
All Legendaries
Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile
Ledyba/Spinarak
Murkrow/Misdreavus
Girafarig/Stantler
Miltank/Tauros
Remoraid/Mantyke
Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip
Poochyena/Zigzagoon
Lotad/Seedot
Sableye/Mawile
Plusle/Minun
Volbeat/Illumise
Zangoose/Seviper
Solrock/Lunatone
Corphish/Carvanha
Shuppet/Duskull
Turtwig/Chimchar/Piplup
Glameow/Stunky
Bonsly/Mime Jr.
Munchlax/Riolu
Magnemite/Nosepass
Snivy/Tepig/Oshawott
Patrat/Lillipup
Pansage/Pansear/Panpour
Zubat/Woobat
Timburr/Machop
Geodude/Roggenrola
Hypno/Musharna
Drilbur/Diglett
Audino/Happiny
Throh/Sawk/Tyrogue
Petlil/Cottonee
Gothia/Solosis
Voltorb/Foongus
Shelmet/Karrablast
Braviary/Mandibuzz
Heatmor/Durant
Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie
Spritzee/Swirlix
Skrelp/Clauncher
Phantump/Pumpkaboo
Rowlet/Litten/Popplio
Oranguru/Passimian
Drampa/Turtonator

Less Birthdays:
All Starters (no Pichu, Eevee, or Spinoff Starters)
All Regional Birds
All Regional Rodents
All Regional Bugs
All Pikaclones + Pichu
+Everything Else listed above

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #47
Sneaze
Mrow?

So I know we're looking at fukken New Years for them in the first place but I'd like an explicit statement on the birthday eggs to the regards of whether they will have even the possibility of hatching Shadows. They need not have any increased chance or anything, and should absolutely have the same "having it on your memakyu won't guarantee it" clause as with shinies but I think we should allow it as a thing.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:15 PM   #48
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Can we scrap coins from the trainer birthday gifts and increase the amount of pokedollars? Coins are pretty much confirmed to be gone and 200 Pokedollars is less than what you get for a Zone post.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:29 PM   #49
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Can we scrap coins from the trainer birthday gifts and increase the amount of pokedollars? Coins are pretty much confirmed to be gone and 200 Pokedollars is less than what you get for a Zone post.
This seems fine to me. I know we intend to fully revamp the rewards on 01 January 2018, but how would people feel about making this one change sooner?
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:31 PM   #50
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm all for it. On that subject- will the Heart Scale serve a purpose anymore, or should it too be scrapped?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development