UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Registration

Old 05-05-2017, 07:36 AM   #1
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Retroactive Pickup Thread

With the changes to registration, it is understandable that some people might feel a little miffed that newer people are going to have an opportunity that they weren't allowed to in the past. This thread will help to rectify that.

In this thread, you can pick up whatever difference in starter packs that was introduced, as well as potentially change your starter's ability to its Hidden Ability as well as give them an Egg / MT move of your choice.

The difference in starter packs for reference: x1 Fishing Rod, x5 Pokeballs, x4 Rare Candies, x1 TM Return or Frustration.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:18 AM   #2
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith smiled as he opened up the package he'd received in the mail. This new Elite Four was already inspiring a lot of confidence in him, far more than the old Elite Four ever could. There was now a difference in what was being offered to new Trainers, to give them more to start with. Moreover, they were even affording a service to old Trainers, enabling them a chance to get ahold of whatever they did not have the chance to get themselves when they were first starting out. It was a very generous offer, and Keith was quite willing to take them up on it, for one. As he admired his new Fishing Rod, as well as the Technical Machine for Return he'd acquired, and the small pile of Poké Balls and Rare Candies, Gemini and Mustard floated nearby, the Weezing comfortably digesting a delicious Memory Berry. This had also been included in the package, with the stipulation that only the recipient's very first Pokémon could make use of it. And make no mistake, the Weezing was every bit as willing to accept such an offer as their Trainer.

*Keith obtained the Fishing Rod!*

*Obtained 5 Poké Balls!*

*Obtained 4 Rare Candies!*

*Keith obtained TM27 Return!*

*Gemini and Mustard the Weezing learned the Egg move Curse!*

*Whoops! Weezing does not have a Hidden Ability!*
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:26 AM   #3
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

"You're full of surprises, aren't you?" Tate sighed, watched Kai splash in a puddle nonchalantly. That morning, she'd gotten into the garbage behind a restaurant and Tate was certain they'd have to go to the Pokémon Center after she began retching, but then then the rain had started and with an ethereal sheen, suddenly the Vaporeon was fine. The student's studies suggested this was the ability of hydration; recessive to species and quite rare. Kai had never demonstrated it before, until now. How bizarre...

Just then, the PokéGear on Tate's wrist pinged -- there was a package delivered in Tate's name. Guess they'd be heading to the Pokémon Center after all.

~*~

Changing the ability of my starter -- Kai the Vaporeon -- from Water Absorb to Hydration, and teachng her the Egg Move Wish.

Picking up:
01 Fishing Rod
05 Poke Balls
04 Rare Candies
01 TM Return
Feeding 02 Rare Candies to Kai the Vaporeon.
Kai grew to Lv. 10!
Feeding 01 Rare Candy to Palaho the Mandibuzz.
Palaho grew to Lv. 55!
Feeding 01 Rare Candy to Kauka the Vullaby.
Kauka grew to Lv. 07!
Using TM Return on Pouli the Houndour.

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #4
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Fizzytopia had been a state of organized chaos ever since the old masters of the land unceremoniously left their posts to do things of their own. Of course, the state of high alert the trainers had entered as they discussed among themselves about what to do with the sudden power void had deterred the crime organizations of the region from trying to pull anything, much to Dichromatia and Amicae's combined relief.

Not so long ago, three new folks had been elevated to the seats once held by the 'Deserting Kings', and they were already enacting policies for the betterment of their charges. Chroma smiled as she stepped into the Pokemon Centre, with Louise the mawile in tow. She may not have been helped o quite as much as some of the other trainers by the higher-ups' decision to extend the expanded Starter Pack tools to the trainers who began their travels under the previous rule, but she wasn't going to turn down free stuff. 'Especially not free stuff that could help catch food out in the wilderness,' She thought as she hefted her new fishing rod into the air. Louise huffed a bit, clearly a bit disappointed with her mistress' newfound potential obsession with such a mundane item, but offered no other sign as to her thoughts on the matter. At least, not until she started levitating. Amazing how much a difference flight can make on your mood!

~ ~ ~

*Obtained the Fishing Rod!*
*Obtained the Pokeballs (x5)!*
*Obtained the Rare Candies (x4)!*
*Obtained TM Frustration!*
*Louise learned MT Magnet Rise!*
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:28 AM   #5
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Ever since the upheaval, Alex knew that the world would be changing for better or worse, so it was little surprise when he received a parcel in the mail along with a letter from the new Fizzytopian council regarding his tenure within the region. Within were a set of extra pokeballs, which made him chuckle as he eyed the still enormous stack he had purchased numerous seasons ago, though the extra candies were welcome. The rumours of the delicacies becoming rarer was of interest, as it meant he could begin to use his stockpile for the intended purpose, and he would be using them as rewards for training.

He found two TMs, but the damage done to the Frustration TM on being dropped meant it was now useless, so he placed the remaining Return TM to the side for future team development, and waved the fishing rod around finding it to be of high quality and strength. The big treat, however, was in the form of a memory berry and an odd capsule, intended exclusively for his starter pokemon. Handing the berry, the Infernape's calm and peaceful demeanour changed as he looked towards the recent member, the snoozing Ferroseed, and focused his mind and body to role play and replicate the iron barbs, hairs stiffening. With a nod, the ape looked at the capsule Alex was scrutinizing. This was a rare item indeed, capable of bringing out a pokemon's true hidden potential, and after a moment of consideration between the two, the fire starter nodded before grasping the capsule and crushing it in his hand, before the energy within quelled his blaze. Clenching his iron fists, Nothung was satisfied with the improvements.

OOC: Collecting the fishing rod, 5 pokeballs, 4 candies and TM Return.
Teaching my starter Infernape the MT move Role Play and changing his ability from Blaze to the Hidden Ability Iron Fist.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:45 AM   #6
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Picking up the following items:
Fishing Rod
Five Pokeballs
Four Rare Candies
TM Return

*Sparky learned MT Bounce*
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:30 PM   #7
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Considering my recent full wipe, I'm grabbing the new starter kit.

Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Starter Pack:
x1 Backpack
x1 Pokedex
x1 Fishing Rod
x1 Berry Bag
x1 Pokeblock Case
x5 Pokeballs
x5 Rare Candies
x1 TM Return
$3000 Pokedollars
Teaching Pascal the Egg move Synchronoise.

Last edited by Naru; 05-05-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:01 AM   #8
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii wasn't expecting any incoming gifts anytime soon. However, fate continued to surprise her. She picked up the mysterious package from the new elite three and opebed it. A note inside explained that these were the items given to newbies. Inside she found:
1. fishing rod
5. pokeballs
4. rare candies
and 1. TM return.
Along with a memory berry that also alowed her starter to obtain a hidden ability.
Frieghya trotted over and hapily munched the berry.
OoC:
Frieghya now has the ability Magic Bounce.
Freighya now knows Zen headbutt
Feeding all four rare candies to my lilipup Cassie who goes from level 11 to level 17
Code:
huh cassie is evolving?
Wow cassie evolved into Herdier!
that should do it.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:22 AM   #9
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Picking up due to full reset

Quote:
x1 Backpack
x1 Pokedex
x1 Fishing Rod
x1 Berry Bag
x1 Pokeblock Case
x5 Pokeballs
x5 Rare Candies
x1 TM Return
$3000 Pokedollars
Old 05-06-2017, 04:23 AM   #10
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Claim:
Fishing Rod
5 Pokeballs
4 Rare Candies
TM Return

New Move! Gardevoir learned Shadow Sneak! (Egg)
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:45 AM   #11
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
The government collapse and subsequent rebuilding were momentous events, ones that would be in the history books for generations to come.
So of course, Michael wasn't paying any attention to it as it happened.
He was too busy goofing off at work, playing with his Pokémon without a care for the world around him. So it came as quite a shock when he was sent a package from the government in the mail. Michael feared that he and his pokemon's history of accidentally causing property damage had caught up to them and that he was finally being chased up for fine payments, but his fears were allieviated by the lack of "URGENT, PLEASE RESPOND" on any of the letters. Well, that and the fact that there was a set of items posted with them. He rummaged through them quickly: A fishing rod (how had he not gotten one of these before? Oh right, he didn't know how to fish.), a TM for Return, some more Pokéballs, some more Rare Candies and a strange capsule that was labeled "for your starter only". Curious as to its function, Michael fed the capsule to Blue. The Panpour glowed as the capsule's effects kicked in. It dissolved almost as soon as he swallowed it, and the medicine within drew out a strength buried deep within Blue - so deep that he'd only been able to dream about it.
------
Picking up:
1x Fishing Rod
5x Pokeballs
4x Rare Candies
TM Return

*Blue gained its HA Torrent!*
*Blue learned MT Water Pledge!*
Feeding the 4 Rare Candies to Blue
*Blue grew from Level 21 to 25! Blue learned Scald and Taunt!*
Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #12
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Retroactive Pick-up:
1x Fishing Rod
5x Pokeballs
4x Rare Candy
TM Return

Feeding two of them to my starter Wisp the Litwick

*Wisp has gone to level 16*

Also teaching him MT Trick

*Wisp has learned MT Trick*

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:57 PM   #13
Patches
Shake it!

Picking up:

x1 Fishing Rod
x5 Pokeballs
x4 Rare Candies
x1 TM Return
x1 Berry Bag
x1 Pokeblock Case
$3000 Pokedollars

Pikachu's ability is now Lightning Rod and he learns the egg move Thunder Punch.

Edit: Forgot my Berry Bag and Pokeblock Case

Last edited by Patches; 05-07-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:20 PM   #14
Heather
Naga's Voice

Heather wondered who could possibly have known the location of her Secret Base-in-construction to send her this package, but she quickly found out that it would be the new League, sending her some much needed new supplies. Looking in the package, she found...

x1 Fishing Rod!
x5 Poke Balls!
x1 TM Return!
x3000 PokeDollars!
x4 Rare Candy!

Heather gazed quizzically at the last item, which was labeled "Ability Capsule+: for your starter!" Heather gave the item to Grace, who happily gulped it down.

Grace's Ability became Motor Drive, and she learned the MT move Electroweb!

"Generous new League we have, hmm?" Heather said, impressed with Grace's new display.

"You said it. Now let's go on that Egg Hunt!" Grace said, clambering aboard her Trainer's shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:37 PM   #15
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Picking up:
1x Fishing Rod
5x Pokeball
4x Rare Candy
1x TM Return

Teaching Hecate EM Destiny Bond. No change to her ability.
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:49 PM   #16
myahoo
Soul Badge

Picking up:
1x Fishing Rod
5x Pokeball
4x Rare Candy
1x TM Return

Teaching my Cyndaquil MT Body Slam.
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:06 AM   #17
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

Picking up:

1x Fishing Rod
5x Pokeball
4x Rare Candy
1x TM Return

Teaching Chord Icy Wind.
Sparkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:44 AM   #18
deoxys
Fog Badge

THUMP THUMP THUMP

The empty shelves on the wall of the Pokemon Center's guest room rattled violently at the sudden rapping on the door. Hiero groaned and begrudgingly opened his eyes. Today was... what day was it again? Wednesday? No... Saturday? It's so hard to tell lately...

A muffled voice spoke up from behind the locked door. "Good afternoon! Package delivery for one, uh... how do you pronounce this... Hero? Hyroh? Package delivery for HIERO!"

There was a thud on the wooden floor outside followed by footsteps tapping briskly into the distance. Hiero slowly sat up and lifted the pillow off of his face, firmly planting his feet on the floor. He rubbed the sleep sand out of his eyes and ran his fingers through his unkempt hair. He blinked slowly and looked around the room. Motes of dust scintillated in the sunbeam that pierced the narrow gap of the curtains. He turned to the clock hanging behind him; 1:20 PM. Ugh. He sighed, calmly stood up, and lurched over to the door.

A large cardboard box sat outside. Hiero's eyes lit up and he hurriedly pulled the box into the room and slammed the door behind him. Wasting no time, he frantically knelt onto ground and tore the lids open. He already knew what was inside.

Quote:

x1 Backpack
x1 Pokedex
x1 Fishing Rod
x1 Berry Bag
x1 Pokeblock Case
x5 Pokeballs
x5 Rare Candies
x1 TM Return
$3000 Pokedollars

"Finally," he muttered eagerly. "It's finally time to begin again."
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #19
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

May as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
x1 Backpack
x1 Pokedex
x1 Fishing Rod
x1 Berry Bag
x1 Pokeblock Case
x5 Pokeballs
x5 Rare Candies
x1 TM Return or Frustration
$3000 Pokedollars
Of these, I'll be picking up:

1x Fishing Rod
1x Berry Bag
5x Poké Ball
5x Rare Candies
1x TM RETURN
$3000 Pokédollars

Also teaching EM FREEZE-DRY to Delibird.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:27 PM   #20
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
The difference in starter packs for reference: x1 Fishing Rod, x5 Pokeballs, x4 Rare Candies, x1 TM Return or Frustration.
I'll be picking up:
x1 Fishing Rod
x5 Pokeballs
x4 Rare Candies
x1 TM Return

Aditionally, since I wasn't around when Pokedollars were introduced, I'll be picking up 3,000 Pokédollars from the starter pack as well.

Last edited by Balmund; 05-11-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:15 AM   #21
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
x1 Backpack
x1 Pokedex
x1 Fishing Rod
x1 Berry Bag
x1 Pokeblock Case
x5 Pokeballs
x5 Rare Candies
x1 TM Return or Frustration
$3000 Pokedollars
I will take what I need that's different, so we'll say
x4 Rare Candies
$3000 Pokedollars
Squirtle the Blastoise will learn the egg move Aura Sphere
And I bid you all a good day.
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #22
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
x1 Backpack
x1 Pokedex
x1 Fishing Rod
x1 Berry Bag
x1 Pokeblock Case
x5 Pokeballs
x5 Rare Candies
x1 TM Return
$3000 Pokedollars
Claming these!

Also, teaching Gaspard (Aipom) the MT Ice Punch!
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #23
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

From this I did not receive at one point or another:

x1 Backpack
x1 Pokedex
x1 Fishing Rod
x4 Rare Candies
x1 TM Return
$3000 Pokedollars

Also giving my Snorunt his last missing Egg Move, Switcheroo.

Last edited by Jerichi; 05-29-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:54 PM   #24
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

I'll be grabbing myself a fresh new bag.
PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:53 PM   #25
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

Spoiler: show
Drew held his frozen smile as the awkward silence stretched into minutes. Across the counter of the ‘Mart, a tall but otherwise nondescript worker stared incredulously back at him and his worn and ragged appearance.

Hindsight being 20/20, maybe going up to the first worker and saying, "Hey, I heard you're giving out free shit," wasn't the best first impression a guy could make. But hey, if people wanted tact they shouldn’t have gone into a retail job, Drew reasoned. Or, at least, not be offering free portions of so-called "new and improved starter packs" of this new regime. Like most currently in the region, Drew had already arrived and gotten one from the old group in power – admittedly, only a short while before that power structure collapsed and anarchy gripped the region, but still. Unfortunately not a complete stranger to large scale disasters political or otherwise – a long story – he’d chose to hole up and wait the bulk of the chaos out.

Blessedly, the regime change happened quickly and Drew could again venture out into society, only to find that this new "Elite Four" (never mind that presently there were only three) had implemented a new starter pack to newcomers of the region. Even better, they were sending out the new items of this new pack to anyone who’d already been here. Of course, one does not really have a mailable address when one is quite literally living with the Lycanroc, leading to the situation Drew currently found himself in.

The old mart as a last act was distributing these "retroactive starter packs" to anyone still needing one. There weren’t many people left to get one, Drew guessed, but surely he wasn’t that late to the party. Then again, he thought as he cleared his throat in hopes of moving things along, those wolves really knew how to keep a guy busy. He supposed he’d have to send them a gift basket or something for letting him crash with them as long as he had.

The worker frowned in Drew’s direction, sliding a small box over the counter. "Yeah, fine, here you hobo. Now get out."

Drew harrumphed, sticking the parcel under his arm. "See if I come around here again…" he muttered to himself as he exited the shop.

A short while later found Drew emerging from the en suite in his newly rented Pokemon Center bedroom. A pale-yellow towel hung limply around his shoulders as his wet black hair dripped down onto the plain tank top he wore. Running a hand through his hair, Drew spoke out into the empty room, sure his Rotom was hiding somewhere. "I can’t believe that employee thought I was some vagabond."

Atop the room’s desk, Drew’s laptop lay open on its screensaver. Briefly, it flickered once, and a pair of electric blue eyes opened from nowhere on the screen. Out of its speakers, a high pitched voice spoke. "I mean, technically-"

"Semantics are not appreciated, Rotom. Besides, I didn’t look that disheveled," Drew interrupted, pulling the towel down from his neck and tossing it onto the bed. It flopped next to the package, still unopened. "Now come on; let’s crack this sucker open." Tearing the tape off, Drew picked up the pack and dumped its contents out onto the generic Center bedspread. All in all there were twelve items in total: a small collapsible fishing rod (sans line), a set of Pokeballs, a small disk labeled 'Return', a handful of candy, and a small capsule labeled 'Starter Only'.

At his side, a slight electric crackle let Drew know Rotom had joined him. "Nice, candy. I call dibs," the plasma Pokemon called.

"Yeah, sure," Drew said absentmindedly. He reached down to pick up the capsule. Small and blue, it looked a bit like an ability capsule found at all those Battle Whatever facilities, only with tiny little pictures of a berry and Munna printed below the label. "Hey Rotom, you have any idea what this..." Drew trailed off as he took in Rotom. The ghost was chewing, crumbs dripping down onto the bed. Looking back at the covers, he noticed the candies were missing. "Really Rotom?"

"What? You said I could have them," Rotom pointed out through a full mouth. Spying the capsule in Drew's hand, he floated closer. "You find an ability capsule? Neat."

Drew shook his head with a sigh. "Yeah, it came in the thing. Says starter only though."

"Well Jules is back at the ranch, so... I think it means me? I mean, of the three of us with you I've been around longest?"

He thought it over. After a few seconds, Drew shrugged. "Seems as good of logic as any. Have at it." With that, Drew tossed it over to the Rotom, who caught it out of the air with his mouth and a quick swallow.

Both sat for a few minutes in quiet, waiting for any effects to take place. Eventually, when nothing seemed to happen, Rotom shrugged in a ripple of plasma. "I'm not sure what I expected-" A soft humming sound was all the warning the two got before the aura surrounding Rotom began to glow... and fire off a short beam of hard light.

"Sonofa-!" Drew yelled as he dropped to the ground, narrowly missed by the beam.

Rotom - propelled backwards by an application of physics - hit the wall and splatted, having not had the time to go intangible. The plasma splat pulled himself off the wall, gathering together just enough to say dazedly "Did someone get the number of that train?" and fall to the ground in a faint.

As quiet overtook the room, Drew stared forelornly from his place on the floor at the new hole in the wall. "We're so not getting our deposit back..."

Picking up:
-1 Fishing Rod
-5 Poke Balls
-4 Rare Candies
-1 TM Return
-1 Mad Capsule of Science

Rotom's ability changes from Levitate to Levitate & he learns MT Signal Beam!

Also, feeding the four candies to Rotom, raising him from Lv.5 to Lv.9.
*Rotom learns Uproar!*
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Registration