UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive

Old 07-27-2016, 06:10 PM   #26
Mercutio
Banned

(Crap sorry sorry good luck catching your legend you'll do great just try not to fuck it up like FW did)
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #27
Miror
Marsh Badge

A boat engine can be heard stalling as a small dinghy approaches the decrepit dock of this small island, the sound ringing across the moonlit sea. Two figures can be seen aboard its deck, one the captain of the ship, a worried expression across his brow as he thinks of his son at home, writhing within the confines of a nightmare. His focus is singular, and he has brought assistance for what needs to be done. This assistance comes in the form of a young man who, while interested in aiding the captain in his quest, has an ulterior motive for hitching a ride to this place. The boat coughs and wheezes to a stop, and the two disembark onto what is referred to as Fullmoon Island.

Quote:
Fullmoon Island
Far in the Northwest of the Sinnoh region, accessible only by sea and known to none but a select, privileged few, stands Fullmoon Island. Twin to Newmoon, as is light to darkness, this peaceful but secluded isle serves as the waypoint for Cresselia, healer of nightmares. Battles take place within an expansive forest clearing located at the pinnacle of the island. Shrouded in a light fog, the area is mostly blank, framed by dense forest on all sides. Standing at the centre of the otherwise unimpressive battleground is a single pond, the waters of which appear crystal clear. Though not deep, the water can provide temporary cover to some combatants, and is a perfect crescent in shape, symbolizing the waning or waxing moon. Battles take place in the dead of the night, with visibility being reduced as a consequence. The sky above is completely clear with the full moon and stars shining brightly overhead, providing some illumination to the forest clearing. The mystic power of the moon is amplified greatly here, allowing Moonlight to work to full potency and causing Dark types to become uncomfortable.
The purpose in coming to such a place is passed down in mostly myth and legend, as it is said that a Legendary creature frequents this island. The seaman waits with his boat, waving the boy onward towards the thick grove of trees before them. He walks with determination up the path, coming to the edge of the forest. He takes a deep breath, closing his eyes as he mutters something inaudible to himself, before opening them and taking his first steps towards what he knows to be in a clearing further in: the lunar embodiment, Cresselia.

Quote:
Cresselia (Psychic): Cresselia is the embodiment of the full moon. They levitate naturally, and are rather fast and agile. Cresselia fight more enthusiastically at night. They are also extremely resistant to sleep, and will rarely do so against their will. Moonlight and Moonblast will be 20% more potent and can be used without using Fairy energy. Cresselia may also use Solar Beam using moonlight.

[Psychic]: Psychic-type Pokémon are much more proficient with telekinesis than other Pokémon. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and manipulate targets with ease. Psychic type Pokémon are resistant to flinching, having higher levels of focus and concentration than other Pokémon. They are resistant to attacks which induce confusion or other mental effects. They have limited ability to read minds and are thus more adept at dodging attacks than might be expected and able to mitigate the effects of accuracy reducing attacks. This extends to GMs, where they will have a slightly better impression of Pokémon within their vicinity. Their Psychic support moves (such as Gravity and Magic Room) cost slightly less energy.
As he pushes his way through the underbrush, the soon-to-be challenger decides that he'd better have some form of security just in case, and makes the selection of his partner. He reaches to his hip, removing a small, red-and-white spheroid from his belt, which expands at his touch. With a deft motion, he tosses the ball into the air, and it splits open with a crack and a burst of red light, revealing the combatant contained within...
Old 07-30-2016, 05:31 AM   #28
Mew The Gato
Smile

Right, then. The honour of battling Cresselia will go to...

Quote:

Masked Man: Level 4 Male Scizor
Hidden Power: Ground
Item Attached: Scizorite
Never used it beyond a Scyther, I think? Should be a fitting debut.
Mew The Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 03:54 PM   #29
Miror
Marsh Badge

The red light coalesces and hardens into physical form, revealing a creature of similar color to the light from whence he came, being Masked Man, a Scizor. Stretching his arms, his wings flutter slightly in the ocean breeze as he eyes his surroundings, greeting his trainer with a happy buzz. A small stone can be seen glinting from inside one of his claws. His trainer indicates to the thickened brush before them, and the Scizor makes quick work of the blockade, allowing them to pass further into the forest.

After a period of wandering, the two finally reach the fabled clearing. The crescent pond reflects the shining full moon above, and a quiet tranquility can be felt, almost physically. The trainer and his partner approach the pond, when a sudden glow over their heads distracts them. An electric blue globule appears in the air, being swiftly crafted smaller and smaller until the clear presence of Psychic energy fades as a small, green-tinted feather floats gently to the grass. It is the Lunar Wing, the mystical object needed to cure the sailor's child of his nightmarish condition. The trainer walks forward, taking the gift so generously bestowed. He gives a slight bow of obeisance, but he lingers with a smirk hidden on his down-turned face. He returns to a standing position, backing off slightly to return to his Pokemon, but then he waits. A sense of confusion is nearly palpable, and a clear telepathic message comes across: You have what you came for, now depart. But still, he remains. A cry of annoyance rings through the arena, boosted further by the incredible Psychic power behind it, shaking the nearby trees and sending ripples quivering across the surface of the pond. A rush of wind blows the two backwards as the blue-and-yellow legendary descends from her hiding place, purple crescents glowing with majesty as Cresselia prepares to defend her sanctum. Masked Man steps between her and his trainer, snapping his claws open as he takes a fighter's stance, and thus the battle with the lunar luminary commences.
VS.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #30
Miror
Marsh Badge

Round 1: Statuses To Start

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew The Gato
"Right, then. Masked Man, Mega Evolve.

You are not known for mercy. Bug Buzz as you approach, then shoot an X-Scissor at them."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresselia
"I will begin by stopping this arriviste from fighting back with Thunder Wave. Then, swooping close, I will force vile Toxic sludge down its throat. A fitting metaphor for the abhorrence I feel for this ingrate. However, I will substitute the latter for a simple Middle-Charge Hyper Beam as I maintain distance if my assailant seems unperturbed by my electric assault."

The two powerful beings square off, with the arthropod clicking his claws as he eyes his foe hesitantly, briefly turning his head to look back at his trainer, awaiting his command. The young man gives a confident grin and holds up his left hand, bracelet with a glittering stone embedded in it visible even in this dim lighting on his wrist. The Scizor is calmed slightly, raising his left claw likewise, the gem seen earlier still within it. The two crystals begin to resonate with one another, and the whole clearing begins to spark with energy. Pink lightning rushes across the grass and trees, converging on Masked Man and leaping across his steel exoskeleton, before finding their place about a foot away from his body. They coalesce into a grey-colored sphere around him, still glowing in the night with a pink hue as the legendary above watches with both apprehension and derision. Suddenly, hairline cracks splinter across the growing spheroid with a loud snap echoing through the woods, and with an explosion of the purest form of energy, the newly transformed creature appears within: Mega Scizor. His larger, jagged-edged claws open and shut in a show of his newfound strength, and the black protrusion on his face making his nickname all the more applicable as he shakes off the last wisps of the residual energy from his Mega Evolution.

Now prepared for combat with this mythical presence, the Scizor opens his mouth and flaps his wings at high speed in preparation for causing quite the ruckus. But the spectacle he went through gave his floating foe time to ready her own assault, and with a flash of her crescents, several tendrils of her own actual lightning come whipping down from the sky, lashing the insect and locking his muscles in place with a strong bout of paralysis. Masked Man's eyes widen in shock as he is interrupted, unable to preform the technique he desired as the electricity causes him to involuntarily gasp. The lunar entity brays her success to the skies, with the Scizor now struggling against simply waiting for her to free him from his confines.

Cresselia watches him carefully for a moment, ensuring that he is indeed paralyzed and not just imitating in order to draw her close. Seeing the shudders and small jolts of electricity visible throughout his form, she wagers that an approach is safe at this point. Swooping down from her lofty position, the legend begins to extract a poisonous fluid in a stream from her mouth, holding it in a small ball in front of her with her telekinetic powers as her eyes flash from purple to blue. Masked Man attempts to interfere with the process going on before him, but the swan-like Pokemon is swift and sends the toxins shooting straight down the Scizor's gullet, causing him to cough and retch as they enter his system.

Seeing her work finished, the Cresselia makes its retreat back to a safer distance attentively, keeping her opponent in sight as she backs away from him in the air. Wisely too, as Masked Man overcomes his shackles briefly as he slashes his claws through the air in front of him in an X, sending a glowing red cross hurtling towards the status queen. Seeing it incoming, she dives to avoid it, but is struck somewhat across her back by the blow, causing her to cry out in pain. She slowly ascends, anger clearly present in her expression now as the Scizor slips back into his immobilized state, having a small advantage for now over his foe in terms of vitality but this battle is only getting started...
Old 08-08-2016, 12:37 AM   #31
Miror
Marsh Badge

Round 2: A Starry Night

Quote:
"No way around this. We have to rely on brute force. Send out an Ominous Wind, then try a Bug Buzz again."
Quote:
"Simply marvelous. Now, I will turn my back to the intruder and adjourn to the trees, allaying any chances he may have of wounding me with a Cubic Light Screen. Moving around ever elegantly, I shall sink further into the woodlands, obscuring my position with a cloak of Mist as I do so. However, if by some chance this accursed maggot manages to provoke my ire further, he shall be forced to answer to a barrage of Swift stars as I maintain a position among the trees."

An eerie silence falls over the arena, with the primary denizen of this island floating quietly above as her rather displeased intruder struggles tirelessly against his paralytic bonds which ensure his immobility and muted response to the goings on. The lunar worshiper gives a musical chuckle as she continues to examine he who dares to challenge her, the red insect and his puny master clearly being no challenge to her majesty. The Cresselia's eyes begin to shine once more as she harnesses her native energies, causing an otherworldly hum to echo through the forest clearing, leaving all in hearing range both strangely soothed and unsettled. Masked Man increases his desperate attempts to overcome the voltage that so easily besets his nerves, and once again is fortunate to overcome it. Flapping his wings with a familiar buzz, a breeze begins to whip up from the force of it, but something darker seems to surround the Scizor. The shadow of a creature, one who resides on the island twin to this battlefield, engulfs Masked Man, briefly causing his eyes to flash red. It appears as if the mortal enemy of the legendary being here before us is aiding in this fight against her, hoping to remove her from her position so nightmares can run rampant. A frightening power now surges through the gust, the shadow having tainted it with the remnants of atrocities unheard. The Scizor was not quite quick enough to the punch however, as his target had used her psionic abilities to cause two small crystals appear in the air in front of herself. These small, pointed objects begin rapidly orbiting her form in strange geometric patterns, forming a nigh clear shield around her, protecting the Cresselia from all angles. She stares defiantly down at the incoming, darkened wind, awaiting its arrival with a haughty sneer hiding the concern behind it.

Defenses sturdily in place, the swan-like entity can only weather the oncoming storm as the current buffets the screen. While the panes do assist in reducing the force of the gale, that is all that they do: assist. The rest of the attack seeps through the protective barrier and strikes the Cresselia full on in her retreat to the trees, causing her to let out a plaintive cry tinged with righteous indignation. Her ire sufficiently provoked, so to speak, she continues to passively float towards the edge of the clearing as she turns her gaze heavenward. The stars above shine brightly tonight, and the creature of myth closes her eyes, focusing on the image of the celestial bodies as she crafts near-solid constructs. These many small stars float placidly around their maker, awaiting her command as they bob slowly upwards and down. Her work finished, the Cresselia emits a mellifluous note, and the projectiles hurtle towards their quarry as if with minds of their own. The stars hit the immobile Scizor in quick succession, relieving his paralysis somewhat but at the same time causing him visible distress. His movements a little more free, he attempts to send another wave of wind and sound towards his foe, but the remaining vestiges of the electricity continue to hold him bound in a stroke of unfortunate luck. His newfound freedom does allow him one pleasantry, albeit a morbid one; as the toxins in his system begin to wear down on his innards, he is permitted to shudder as the pain courses through him. The Cresselia sees it and gives a confident and knowing smile, having fallen back somewhat into the trees to obscure her position. She resumes her posture, a bit more beaten and worn than her foe but the nighttime gives her a second wind as the two ready for the next stage of combat...
Old 09-07-2016, 07:50 PM   #32
Miror
Marsh Badge

Round 3: Praying for an Eclipse

Quote:
"Hunt them down with Pursuit. If it fail to locate Cresselia, try again. Otherwise, just go for Bug Buzz."
Quote:
"Hmph. This parvenu wishes to make up for his distinct lack of poise and finesse with mere brute force? Deplorable, but it is no matter. I can dispatch of this vile creature at my leisure. For now, I will begin by erecting a Reflect Wall as I sink further into the forest. Should my protective pane falter, I will retaliate with a barrage of Swift stars as I sink further out of sight. Otherwise, I shall find a clear view of the moon and allow myself the luxury of basking under the healing touch of the Moonlight."

The spruces' wide, needled branches provide adequate cover for the mythical creature as the light from the moon struggles to pierce the forest wall, leaving her obscured from the view of her foe. Finding herself in this comfortable seclusion, the Cresselia's eyes flash once more as small crystals subsequently appear in the air, swiftly tracing out a rectangle in front of her with their glowing trails. The area shimmers briefly before the crystals expand to form a protective barrier, this one thicker and more sturdily established than the current shield she has. Content with her creation, she patiently awaits the next assault from her opponent. And speaking of the Scizor, he can be seen straining his eyes against the darkness as he stands stalwart in the clearing. Masked Man embraces said darkness and allows it to envelop his form before attempting to have it guide him to his foe. However his paralysis interrupts his efforts, locking him in place once more as the power surrounding him fades. Frustrated, he glares towards the forest where the Cresselia vanished, waiting for his muscles to cease seizing up.

And his moment indeed does come, as he gathers the inky blackness to himself once more, and this time his electrical shackles do not hold him back. Engulfed by the power of his foe's eternal adversary, the guiding hand of the nightmare spirit influences his aim, leading him straight to the still vaguely nearby legendary. Flying through the air deftly, the Scizor gives a insectine screech of success as he rushes towards her, before smacking like many of his kind onto the windshield of a glassy pane that the Cresselia had erected. Bouncing off with a solid thud, the Scizor winces from the pain and the subsequent whiplash, leaving him quite annoyed. The point of impact sent hairline cracks skittering across the face of the screen but leaving it intact enough for the future. The shield's creator gives a confident smirk from behind it, as she turns her head skyward, giving a crooning cry. The bright moon overhead bestows its energy in a bright beam, rejuvenating the psychic being with its intense power, and she returns basically to the condition she was at prior to these interlopers arriving on her island. She glows with the pure essence of unwavering dominion, ready to engage with her giant red carapace of an opponent again, though her breath is visibly labored as she attempts to exude this positive outlook. The Scizor flaps his wings agitatedly, feeling himself finally free of the vestiges of his paralytic bonds, though his other status worsens as he chokes a little on the toxic glop now rising in his throat. While vastly more battle-ready than his foe at the moment, only time can tell us the result of this encounter...
Old 10-03-2016, 09:10 PM   #33
Miror
Marsh Badge

Round 4: The Stall Continues

Quote:
"This is our chance. Bug Buzz. Ranged X-Scissor if it works, another Bug Buzz if it does not."
Quote:
"Huff.. huff.. this.. this infidel has left me utterly drained. Hmph. Well, there's no use in burning the candle at both ends; I simply cannot expect to defend my home from pesky intruders while so overtaxed. I suppose I must simply whip up a Protective shield and mask myself within the trees to do what I can to keep myself fighting fit for the next bout.."

Replenished in one sense but drained in another, the mythical being's labored breathing becomes readily apparent to her challenger in due time. The Mega-evolved arthropod flits deftly about, seeking for any vulnerabilities in the defenses that the Cresselia has amassed in his paralytic wake. Identifying the two variations of shield that the powerful Psychic has in place due to his prior experiences, the Scizor begins its assault anew, confident in its ability to pierce through and eliminate its victim. Masked Man's wings begin to flutter at an imperceptible rate, the sound reminiscent of a plague of locusts descending on a land soon to be inflicted with a dearth of crops. A minute gesture sends these sound waves hurtling onward, tinted red with the essence of vermin, in a focused stream that rapidly approaches the weary legend. Despite her tired state, the swan-shaped creature does still have some tricks up her metaphorical sleeve, and with the buzzing noise bearing down on her, she materializes yet another barrier in front of herself. This shield, a greenish hue, is much less permanent than her other two forms of protection, but quite effective as it rises in a large screen in front of her, absorbing the attack entirely before fading back into the night.

As his planned incursion fails to go according to plan, Masked Man repeats the technique, sending another flurry of sound from his being, quivering through the air like the bass from a sub-woofer back in the direction of the now retreating Cresselia. She has managed to make it back to the close confines of the trees, but failed to be particularly swift in her return to the safe haven. The screeching noise bowls over her, dampened slightly by the surrounding trees but still powerful nonetheless, and they come head to head with the first of her defenses. The reflective barrier, designed for physical blows, is overcome by the insectine tune and shatters with several loud cracks, collapsing to the soil below and vanishing without a trace. It then strikes and passes through her more personal shield, the cubic screen absorbing a significant portion of the blow. The Cresselia howls a hauntingly beautiful cry as she takes the remainder of the yet robust blow, putting her and her foe nearly neck and neck in terms of vitality. The Scizor pumps a claw in the air for his small victory, but that claw quickly is used to hold his stomach as the oversized beetle retches once again, the poisonous substance continuing to spread through and agitate his system. While pained, the legend now recognizes her advantageous position, no matter how slight, and prepares herself for the bout to come...
Old 11-04-2016, 04:57 PM   #34
Miror
Marsh Badge

Round 5: Should Really be Called "Misst" After This

Quote:
"X-Scissor. Then Bug Buzz if Reflect is up, another X-Scissor if not."
Quote:
"Hmm.. it seems this filthy pest was rendered unable to properly capitalize upon my vulnerable state. Magnificent! Now the most pressing matter I must attend to is simple- distancing myself from this repulsive vermin as quickly as possible. Obscuring myself from him in an icy Mist, I shall sink deeper into the woodlands, weaving gracefully through the trees. I shall finish the bout with a volley of Swift stars as I continue rather evasive tactics, strafing between the trees as to obscure my position as much as is doable. Perhaps this parasitic, disgusting bug will mistake my brilliantly calculated tactics as a sign of weakness; I'd like nothing more! It would be yet another sign of this parvenu's horrific lack of foresight."

The bright moonlight glows steadily overhead, daring the participators in this offensive to stand out in the open. The embodiment of said light, however, decides this to be a poor choice, and as such she fades further into the trees. As she makes her tactical retreat, her down-like coating begins to emit a light blue fog which compounds with the already present mist, obscuring the area further. The haze is forced outwards, winding its way through the surrounding forest and filling almost all semi-clear space. But Masked Man is close on her heels so to speak, and he continues to charge through the mist. Raising his oversized claws, the Scizor gives her a deft swipe as a red X glows through the water vapor being exuded. The mythic gives a musical wail as she falls further back, although she is grateful that the bug-infused smack was only a passing blow, but it leaves her with a sore spot on her left flank. She winces as she continues back, feeling righteous indignance at this mark upon her perfect form.

Enshrouding her position further, the Cresselia continues to make use of her home's flora to obscure herself. But unfortunately for the Psychic, this skirmish is not a grand melee and so her perception of her opponent is about as good as his is of her. Despite this, she takes aim at his last known position and constructs a large amount of small, star-shaped constructs to send hurtling hopefully towards the infeasibly sized insect. Some of the stars strike their target while others whiz past him or have already struck trees and faded, nevertheless leaving the Scizor mostly unfazed. Heading in the direction the projectiles hailed from, Masked Man searches for his foe but in vain, unable to find the legend as she continues to weave through the fog. Left in similar positions once again after toxins wreak havoc through the Scizor's body once more, only time will tell who will emerge the victor...

Last edited by Miror; 11-04-2016 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Whoops, forgot something XD
Miror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:21 PM   #35
Miror
Marsh Badge

Round 6: Happy Almost New Year, You Filthy Animals

Quote:
"Pursuit. Bug Buzz if a Reflect is up, X-Scissor otherwise."
Quote:
"Hmm... the mist is thick. That imbecile hasn't an idea where I am. Excellent. I'll weave through the trees, sending a Hyper Beam of the middle-charged variety toward the source of whatever bullish attack he dares to patronize me with. Afterward, I'll lie in wait, continuing my evasive dance. Should he come within my line of sight, I'll leave my prey vulnerable once again in the electric tendrils of Thunder Wave. Should he maintain his distance, I'll be forced to take a shot in the dark- another volley of Swift stars toward an educated guess as to his location will have to do."

As the mist swirls about the two powerful combatants, the Scizor stares into the darkness, attempting in vain to visually search out his foe. He closes his eyes, allowing the power of the shadows to envelop him once again and amplify his fury. Elsewhere, an inky black creature with a white flowing head smiles to itself, lending his abilities to a faraway bug in its desperate attempt to remove the darkness' mortal enemy. Back on the Fullmoon Island, Masked Man flies swiftly towards a specific location within the mist and between the surrounding trees. The Cresselia hears the buzzing of his wings at he approaches, and prepares herself as incredible energy begins to build within her. The Scizor bursts out of the fog to screech relentlessly towards the legend, who fires off a roaring beam of red-orange energy, which plows into Masked Man with great force. While normally he would recoil in pain, the darkness around him drags him mercilessly forward until it reaches its target, who gives a high cry as the Scizor hits her dead on, causing her to fall back.

Retreating to the cover of the mist and trees, the Cresselia begins to gather electrical energy within her light down feathers once more. The arthropod crosses his claws for the umpteenth time, preparing to slash the mythical beast once again. The electrical bonds are released to snare the insect just as he comes down to strike their source, interrupting the attack somewhat but still leaving the Psychic-type taking a hard blow. She shakes her crescent-shaped head of the pain as she notices the cubic screen around her finally fade, leaving her unprotected at last. However, she gives a smile as she sees the Scizor convulse from the poison within him growing even stronger, nearly evening the playing field once more. While both are still ready to go, Masked Man continues to hold a small advantage over his foe, and a greater one in his remaining energy reserves. These two won't have much further to go until one gives in...
Old 02-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #36
Miror
Marsh Badge

Round 7: Going to Need to Censor This for how Offensive it is

Quote:
"We have been brute-forcing our way so far, and we are going to continue brute-forcing even if it has not been working out all that well. Bug Buzz, ranged X-Scissor, Bug Buzz. Three."
Quote:
"Hmph. This wretch has vexed me for far too long. I mustn't dawdle any longer- it's time for this philistine commoner to cower in fear of the wrath of a legend! I will taunt this immobilized peon with a Quickly-Charged Hyper Beam, before giving him a taste of real power with a Middle-Charge Hyper Beam. I will suffer this urchin no longer; it's time to finish my work and defend my sacred homeland."

Staring into the now somewhat fading mist, Masked Man squints as he attempts to make out his legendary opposition floating amidst the trees. Seeing a glimmer in the background, he flutters his powerful wings to a fever pitch once again, sending red sound waves hurtling into the distance. Cresselia does her best to shy out of the way of the incoming blasts but finds herself struck somewhat by them, letting out a musical but pained cry as she takes note of where the onslaught came from. Taking careful aim, immense energy begins to gather in her mouth, an orange-red glow readily apparent before her. She cuts off the power much more quickly than is typical of the technique, and with a roar unbecoming of her grace, she returns fire with a crackling beam that slams into the Scizor, causing injury but not quite freeing him from his paralytic bonds.

The arthropod makes motions to try to fly after the mystical creature as he begins to send power to his claws, but is unfortunately interrupted and bound by the residual electricity still in his system, leaving him unable to complete the action he desired to. The Cresselia gives a smirk as she sees his struggles somewhat through the darkness and fog, repeating her previous attack but with a bit more oomph this time. The more powerful beam tears through Masked Man, whose pain and annoyance grow but he finds himself thankfully free of his paralysis. Boringly the Scizor also mimics his prior technique and sends more sound waves into the forest, this time having a little less success with striking his target but still taking her down a notch and leaving him in a comfortable lead. A lead, however, which does not last as long as he would've hoped, as toxic poison continues to amplify and causes him incredible discomfort. The two beings find themselves nearly tied in the vitality department, though Masked Man still holds onto his shred of a lead. The real difference to be found is in their levels of remaining energy, where Cresselia despite still being able to go for another round is overall finding her tanks running low. We will see which one of these two will outlast the other soon enough...
Old 04-09-2017, 08:07 PM   #37
Miror
Marsh Badge

Round 8: And the Winner is...

Quote:
"Bug Buzz, X-Scissor."
Quote:
"Urgh... it was foolish of me not to take this urchin seriously sooner, but it's no matter. This pest shall bow to me, it's only a matter of time...

I'll open our final bout with a Shadow Ball for him to take in. Afterwards, I'll block a strike with Safeguard, before I finish this for good with a Hyper Beam, maximum charge. This will be difficult, but I cannot lose. Now is not the time for rest."

The night air is calm, a poor indicator of the conflict that is about to resolve itself within its grasp. The mist having mostly cleared, nothing stands between the two combatants besides the darkness and the surrounding trees now. The two glare at each other, ready for this bout to finally come to a close. Both begin glowing with energy, Masked Man buzzing his wings at high speeds once more while Cresselia begins to embrace the shadows surrounding her, forming them into an ethereal sphere. As the Scizor lets loose yet another barrage of red sound waves, the mystical beast hurls her own projectile, both finding their marks with the legend giving a whimper of pain. Confident in his advantage, Masked Man presses forward, about to bring his claws down for the killing blow.

Seeing the arthropod advancing, Cresselia awaits him with a wry smile. As he swings his pincers, they slam down on the barrier that the psychic had quickly formed to guard herself from the assault that surely would have meant her demise. With her foe now close, sheer red power begins to fill her mouth. Masked Man attempts to create distance, scared of the intensity of the aura he can feel emanating from the Cresselia. She is a legendary Pokemon, and she lives up to her title as she sends a screaming beam of pure energy roaring its way through the air, more powerful than any seen in this match. Due to the wind up and the end of the round approaching, the Scizor avoids a little of the blast but is shaken to his core as it passes through him, leaving him battered but very much alive. However, poison begins to take its final toll on his system, wearing down his health towards the razor's edge, while Cresselia's eyes flutter as her natural glow fades, energy clearly near or at its last dregs...

Masked Man lands briefly and stumbles, his eyes closing in finality as he face-plants in the shallow pool below, down for the count. Cresselia, while incredibly weary, is left just hanging on to life. Letting out a weak but triumphant cry, the legend ascends towards the moon, vanishing without a trace as her light and the lunar body's align, leaving the trainer and his fallen partner little to show for their fight but the experience they gained.

Masked Man is unable to battle, leaving Mew The Gato with no usable Pokemon remaining! Cresselia wins the match!

~~~

After quite a few turns of stalling, this match has finally reached its conclusion. Sorry MtG, looks like the psychic swan got the best of you. To throw in my two cents, the MLC played incredibly well, stalling you with status and healing, and putting you on the ropes when necessary with some blistering attacks. Of course Toxic is the MVP for the match as it wore Scizor down a significant amount. To be perfectly honest, if you had just Swaggered Cresselia fairly early on (or really just at any point in the match) and ordered perhaps a bit more creatively, you would've had this in the bag. Playing as predictably as you did and not really changing anything up made it easy for the MLC to just assume what you were going to be doing and play around it, which ended up working incredibly well for them. If you do try for another legend in the future, I wish you luck in your endeavor and hope this match at least has been a good learning experience.

Miror gains 5 SP for reffing a Legend Match.
The Mystery Legend Controller gains 5 SP for controlling a Legend.

I'll leave it to the MLC to reveal their identity if they feel like they want to do so. Thank you all for tuning in and hope I was creative enough with the reffings to make this at least vaguely entertaining for you all. Until next time!
Old 04-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #38
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

I'm really sorry MtG. I wanted to lose. Really badly. But it's my job to be as much of a challenge as possible as the MLC.

Gonna echo everything Miror said here. Based on sheer matchup, I shouldn't have been able to win. However, spamming super effective attacks got increasingly predictable as the match went on, to the point where I got to the point where I didn't even feel the need to safeguard for Swagger at some points. Scizor has a lot more moves than X-Scissor and Bug Buzz in its arsenal, and honestly, you were home free if you made use of them.

Don't let this get you down though. I've seen you in other matches- you're a good battler who can be creative when he needs to be. This isn't your best, so don't think that it is. Take this match, learn from it, and go from there. I wish you luck in future legend challenges, though I don't think you'll need it. Next time around you'll kick my ass or the ass of whoever's controlling your legend of choice, I'm quite sure of it.

Claiming my 5 SP.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive