UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-13-2016, 11:32 AM   #1
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

UPN PASBL: Fairfax vs Extroph

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO THE GLITZ PIT! WE GOT SOME QUALITY BATTLES BREWING HERE TODAY!

FIRST TO ENTER THE RING TODAY, HAILING FROM THE TOWER OF ADVERSITY (on a day off at that), THE UNYIELDING TOWER KEEPER, EXTROPH! *loud cheering*

NOW FOR HIS OPPONENT OF THE DAY, PLEASE WELCOME THE THEATRE'S RATHER DANDY ZOMBIE ACTOR, FAIRFAX! *loud cheering continues*

Quote:
3v3
Singles
Equiall 3
Switch=KO
Slapstick
48 HR DQ
The Glitz Pit
The Glitz Pit is the crown jewel of the floating city of Glitzville. Battling fans from all around the globe travel by blimp to see the exciting battles play out at the famed arena. Battles take place in the central stadium. At the center is a fifty foot square wood-tiled platform, raised five feet off the cobblestone floor of the arena by solid brick. Extending in all directions is the arena seating, with a small radius below the platform for standing onlookers, and stadium-style seating beyond that. Battling can spill beyond the arena, but onlookers will be able to move out of the way of any fighting. Non-DC arena moves like Earthquake and Bulldoze are outright forbidden: it’s a blimp, for Arceus’s sake. On the north wall of the arena is a large, indestructible Jumbotron screen, which displays the feed from hidden cameras scattered across the stadium. The Jumbotron will usually focus on the more exciting parts of a match, like massive hits or complex maneuvers, but will more often than not display a wide shot of all the battlers. Fighters will be able to see this screen, and could possibly use it to aid in targeting an evasive foe. Hanging about fifteen feet above the arena is a lighting rig, consisting of a large number of rotating, color-changing spotlights. The lights are loosely attached: battlers able to reach that high can strike the rig or otherwise shake it, causing lights to fall down onto the arena as a hazard and deal solid damage. The assembled crowd is a force to be reckoned with, and their intense cheering will make any moves intended to dissuade opponents from attacking (Confide, Fake Tears, etc.) are more likely to fail. With the roar of the crowd behind you, it's all or nothing in the Glitz Pit.
YOU LOT READY TO RUMBLE? YOU FOLKS IN THE AUDIENCE READY FOR SOME BLOOD? *LOUD ROARING CROWD* DO 'EM PROUD, BOYS.

FAIR-FAX!

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.

Last edited by KamenAeons; 07-13-2016 at 11:44 AM.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

Location: the chamber i built where all the robots scream at you
Send a message via Skype™ to Fairfax
Rather dandy, eh? I've been called worse.

Quote:

Nimrod the Male Nidorino
Hidden Power: Psychic
Signature Attack: Call of the Mighty Hunter (FT)
Nimrod's pride and determination are that of a true king of the jungle. Channeling significant energy, Nimrod bellows as loud as his lungs allow. The cone of sound (shaped similarly to Round) is laced with Fighting-type energy waves, dealing significant damage and can knock over foes within a reasonable size and weight range, scaling reasonably with Nimrod's evolutionary level. Nimrod has enough Fighting energy to use The Mighty Hunter twice per battle. Nimrod loses access to Flatter, Iron Tail, and Thunder.

Lapsang the Male Combusken
Hidden Power: --
Signature Attack: 立山小種 (GR)
Using considerable Grass energy, Lapsang creates a handful of leaf-shaped energy constructs infused with smoke, and shoots them at an opponent for decent damage. The leaves are boiling hot, and have a 30% chance of causing a burn at the point of contact. Lapsang has the Grass energy to use this move twice.

Cressida the Female Weavile
Hidden Power: --
Signature Attack: Ice Dart (IC)
Using solid energy, Cressida fires a razor-sharp ice shard the size of a toothpick at her opponent at high speed. The shard itself does moderate damage, but contains an icy liquid that enters the opponent's bloodstream and causes sleep at the end of the round during which it was used. The accuracy of Ice Dart depends on the size and movement of the opponent: foes who are larger than Cressida or are incapacitated are almost guaranteed to be hit, while smaller or nimbler foes could potentially dodge it without too much effort unless they are caught off guard. Cressida can use Ice Dart twice per battle.

Oculus the Genderless Bronzong
Hidden Power: Fighting
Signature Training: Mirror, Mirror, From the Tomb
Oculus uses its reflective surface as a defense, similar to how it used to protect the ruins it called home. Oculus gains access to Mirror Coat and Magic Coat.

Oolong the Genderless Staryu
Hidden Power: Poison
Signature Training: --

History of Japan the Male Uplevel Farfetch’d
Hidden Power: Fighting
Signature Attack: Hire A Samurai (ST)
Using heavy Steel energy, History of Japan creates an energy construct shaped like a suit of samurai armor directly in front of him, about 1.5 times as large as he is. The construct deals significant damage if it strikes an opponent. The construct can also absorb incoming attacks, reducing their damage to History of Japan by 75%. The construct does not travel very far or very fast before dissipating, reducing its effectiveness as a ranged attack. History of Japan has the energy to Hire a Samurai twice per battle.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #3
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Vee - Level 3 Genderless Metang
Signature: N/A
Hidden Power: Steel

Yellowbeak - Level 3 Male Pelipper
Hidden Power: Water

Pacman - Level 3 Male Ledian
Hidden Power: Bug

Peanut - Level 3 Male Stoutland
Signature: Special Attack: Go Fetch! (NO)
Using significant energy, Peanut materializes a glowing white bone within his jaw. He then runs to the enemy at high speeds, tackling them for decent Normal damage. As soon as he tackles the opponent, the bone flies back to Extroph, and Peanut runs back to his Pokeball. This attack is basically a Normal-typed U-Turn.
Hidden Power: Normal

Boots - Level 3 Male Dunsparce
Hidden Power: Normal

Hercules - Level 4 Male Diggersby (Uplevel)
Hidden Power: Psychic

Let's start off with Pacman.
Extroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:20 PM   #4
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

And thus, the bright star Oolong will lead us to glory.

Open with a Water Pulse. Circle around Pacman while firing Swift.

Last edited by Fairfax; 07-13-2016 at 10:26 PM.
Fairfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:42 PM   #5
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Quickly fly up and and arc down to dodge some of the Pulse, closing in for a Thunder Punch as you do so. Then, land a Dynamic Punch as soon as it finishes the Swift.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 07-19-2016, 09:19 AM   #6
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 1: DANDY

> Dandy
> Worse

my friend, do you not know Space Dandy. It is some fabulous stuff. Go get yourself some DANDY.

In the DANDY corner, totally an inorganic species numbered 120 on the PokéDex, we have the star that promises victory, OOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOONG! But his opponent is a Five Star wonder from the Tower Keeper's battalion, shorter than your average man, but packing twice as much punch, it's PACMAN. Why is he called Pacman?

Who cares! Let's get this brawl going! Get that blood boiling!

Oolong gets the party started with a swirling sphere of pale blue light, the Staryu's stance unwavering as it fires the orb towards the opposition! A glint appears in Pacman's eyes as he takes off like our champion! Trying to outspeed the incoming obstacle is a tough feat though, even with Pacman's flying prowess (again, why is he called Pacman?). The crowd wants their blood! They want their sweat! And those they shall receive as the orb clips the Ledian's wing, causing it to explode in a burst of shimmering water! Pushing onwards in his slightly soaked state, Pacman pulls back his fist for the shocking counter! As electricity courses through him in recoil, the bug rails Oolong's gem with his fist, the crunching of the red crystal under being all too rewarding for Pacman and the crowd's ears!

The star of the match gets back to its er... legs? (Oh never mind, it flies, let's go with flying.) Taking off from the Glitz Pit's raised arena, beginning to spin rapidly around its opponent, firing a slew of stars into his foe! Pacman tries to escape the curtain fire, only to be pelted more from above and below! The assault subsides as Oolong's movements slow down, but the Ledian's just going to rush in for the counterattack once more! This time, he layers on the spirit, fist brimming with gusto as he lets out a battle cry! Fist connects with arm, resulting in a spectacular explosion that leaves the crowd roaring for more!

Oolong's already the underdog for the match, having nearly fallen out of the first third thanks to Pacman's advantages. Pac's blown through a chunk of his Fighting and Electric though.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:25 AM   #7
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Okay, let's try this confusion thing again.

Supersonic. If successfully confused, Cubic Light Screen. If not, use up the rest of your Fighting energy to land a Dynamic Punch, preferably right on the center core.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 07-21-2016, 12:20 PM   #8
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

Magic Coat to fight off Supersonic. Flying!Twister, starting the move by spinning underneath Pacman to make sure the bug is airborne when it hits.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:32 AM   #9
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

I'm sorry for not reffing this yet, I'll try to get to it on Friday. Swamped with readings and major club admin stuff.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 08-05-2016, 10:57 AM   #10
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 2: After the commercials

The crowd continues to roar for blood between our battlers as they prepare to confound each other. Pacman gets to work, kicking his wings into overdrive as the audience cover their ears from the buzzing drone! As they groan in disarray, Pacman's smirk freezes before drooping into a dopey grin, appearing to have been affected by the sound of his wings. The audience falls silent as they see the reason for his backfired plan: A sheen of pink slowly faded from Oolong's body, adept at reflecting harmful status ailments back to sender.

In amazement, they let out a roar of approval, the Staryu quickly turning the tides on Pacman's conquest as it begins to reposition itself beneath the Ledian! Pacman struggles through his confusion, unsure if his opponent is confused with him. Unable to make a decision, Oolong makes it for him, ripping up a storm from blow and sending him flying into the lighting rig and causing it to shake up quite a bit! With his mind clear somewhat, Pacman seeks revenge, plunging straight down with the added force of gravity to deliver yet another explosive blow to Oolong's body, just missing the core from the main impact, but catching it in the boom anyway. The lighting rig shudders more as Oolong slams into the arena floor, before a pair of large spotlights clunk on the battlers, much to the audience's amusement.

Amid the raucous laughter, we can see Pacman's sustained a lot of damage, the gap between the two closing a bit. He's starting to look puffed a bit, with his Fighting just outright shot now. Oolong's burnt a bit of its Psychic and Flying, but is looking just a bit fresher than its foe. Our technicians are already on the rig above the battle repairing the lights, so it's still anyone's fight!

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 08-05-2016, 07:49 PM   #11
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

Bubble Beam. Maintain an unpredictable levitation pattern as you try and avoid incoming attacks.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:48 AM   #12
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Close in on the Staryu as you Giga Drain.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 08-14-2016, 09:39 AM   #13
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 3: Drainage

This brawl's been pretty high tempo so far, with blows traded and plays outplayed! Now though, our battlers seem to want to take it easy for a bit. After all, you can't keep the crowd going if you can't keep yourself going! Oolong's rotations slow down briefly before slews of bubbles get caught in the invisible wind funnel left by its spins! Pacman bravely charges in without fear, his wings stinging and slowing down as they get doused in a slick layer of soap. The stars on his back glow green, the crowd cheering him on as tendrils erupt forth from them and bind themselves around the erratically jittering starfish! As energy gets ripped away from Oolong, Pacman's worn expression gains more life as he feels a bit perked up from the rejuvenation.

Oolong lost a lot of energy, not feeling quite as fresh as he had hoped, but should be good for two more or less. Pacman's dropped a bit further in health, feeling a bit sluggish with soap but energised thanks to the lighter round. Grass took a bit of a shot though.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 08-31-2016, 09:46 PM   #14
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting, Fax.

Fly high and erratically as you String Shot a large mass of web on its gem thingy. Maintain an erratic flight pattern as you Bug Buzz.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 08-31-2016, 09:53 PM   #15
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

It's okay, Ex! School's starting up, we're all gonna be a little swampish for a while.

Back up while setting up a Barrier. Use some of that psychic sense to pick up on Pacman's flight pattern and smack him with a Power Gem.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:45 AM   #16
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Round 4: A real star makes people wait!

Beginning to rise once more, Pacman invokes his inner Spiderman despite him not being an arachnid at all. One can dream. In a flash, Oolong finds its core bound by a thin but strong binding on string, to which I have no idea at all what Pacman intends on doing with it. If he had planned to tether Oolong to the ground, those orders should have been ordered better, but alas, what's done is done! Emotion not visible owing to a lack of face, the Staryu just sets up a defensive measure to soak up the inevitable truck of pain coming in soon, getting more distance between the battlers because defensive play is good.

(In the Glitz Pit, the folks are wanting blood though.)

The range game works out well for everyone really, as Pacman decides to zigzag around the field and be dodgy! Beating his wings faster, shimmering red ripples speed towards the starfish below! Only spanners in the works are that Oolong gives no damn about the soundwaves and Pacman doesn't have great aim while flying around like crazy. Oolong tries to predict where Pacman's flight is gonna leave him, gets a magic rock out, and shoots! Pacman tries to get out of the way as the rock flies into his path, but his soaped up wings just can't get him out of the way in time! The shining dodecohedron gives his left flank a good smacking, sending him on a corkscrewing flight downwards! The crowd roars at the crunch of his exoskeleton on the arena, for he's now at the disadvantage!

That blow despite being a partial knock managed to knock Pacman quite far down the scope, trailing behind Oolong's lead now. Oolong's got a good chunk of Barrier left with its Rock and Psychic energy pools taking a big knock. Both are still fighting fit more or less despite the hard hit on Pacman's end.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 09-15-2016, 05:33 PM   #17
Fairfax
space monkey mafia

Hose 'em while he's down with a nice hot Scald. Cosmic Power as you float up towards the lighting rig.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:12 PM   #18
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Supersonic, then U-Turn to Vee (Metang).

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 02-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #19
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

AWKWARD MOMENT WHEN THIS NEEDS REFFING BUT BOTH BATTLERS WANT TO CANCEL.

OOPS.

Match Cancelled.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL