Coolz8 vs TalkSick
2v2
Singles
Equiall 1
Slapstick
Switch=OK
96 HR DQ
Arena: Train Arena, Not Moving

The referee rushes toward the motionless train, taking note of the two trainers already positioned on top of it. He climbs a ladder on one train cart, positioning himself at the very center of the train. Seeing that he shouldn't really be positioned there because he'll be in the way, he calls upon his Noivern to carry him while he referees.

"Alright guys, it's a match atop this old train without any railings. The surrounding area is pretty much a Rock arena. Let's get to work!"

: A battle is a dance, and they're dancing to my melody!

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Last edited by Extroph; 06-21-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Extroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:05 AM   #2
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Coolz8
Spoiler: show
Nocturnic: Level 1 Male Mudkip
One early morning, He was only sitting on the bank of our lake this one time, only playing around with a twig. I saw other mudkips playing in the lake, their splashes probably envied by the silent pokemon. While Blexi, an old friend of mine, was training her own Mudkip, I sat beside him. He then turned to me, and tilted his head downward. Then he continued playing with his stick. I then tried to pick him up, but as if by instinct, he let his tail meet my cheeks, and I flew into the lake, scaring away the other Mudkips. And as soon as the sun rose, it fell asleep. I waded back to shore, and brought it carefully to our house. I then heard Blexi’s footsteps follow.

Tsu: Level 1 Male Treecko
He was caught in my first cliché battle. I decided to test Trenchi’s strength, I asked her to unleash her Embers at the Treecko. But then right when we thought the Treecko was going to retaliate, he made a hand gesture which probably meant for us to wait and he fell asleep. I took my chance and summoned my pokeball.

Nutella: Level 1 Female Tepig
She always had this wonderful grace since I saw her playing in the Blaze Flower meadow. She was not an ordinary Tepig, though. She had a blue coat. I had my first pokeball with me, and as she just sat, I threw one at her face and knocked her unconscious. Then she was captured in just a few seconds.

Ember: Level 1 Female Ralts
One night, I saw it followed me home after training with my mudkip, Nocturnic and its eyes were trained on him. THough I already went inside, it still stayed there, keeping its eyes locked on me and Nocturnic. I noticed that occasionally, its eyes would glow slightly. I went outside and offered it dinner, and once it was finished, It eyed me as if it wanted to warn me. "Beware of the Espeon. It houses evil intentions." I asked her if she wanted to go inside, but refused. The following day, at my first official match with another trainer named Tuner, My Mudkip seemed to be possessed and the Ralts came to help. It successfully Banished the evil spirit at the expense of its own energy. It then agreed to a thought which I had in my mind as it fell unconscious. "I agree to be a part of your squad. It'll help me become more adept at telepathy."

Yuko: Level 1 Male Natu
On the same morning I started my Match with Tuner, I picked up an injured Natu, one of its legs twisted seven hundred twenty degrees. I brought him to the nearest pokemon Center *To Be Continued*

Chopper: Level 1 Male Helioptile
As a wandering hermit approached the nearly abandoned Frost Citadel, I noticed how the foliage around me was unusually bunched up in islands of tall grass and trees. The trees were unusually sparse around the area, and something was rustling nearby in the grass. I decided to take out my unpolished pokeball, straight out of my cloak. Tsu, my Treecko, flashed out and onto the ground. The air fizzled with energy. I ordered Tsu to shave the tall grass with Leaf Storm, just to put on a show of force. The grass cleared, revealing a Helioptile mildly scratched, head fins bared towards us in defiance. I offered him to come join us as I pointed to the partially concealed Frost Citadel, and he smirked as I continued my path.

I dash around on top of my spot, hovering above it in my pale blue battle garb. I fondle over a light console and six pokeballs materialize from another dimension.

"Now, I may have forgotten everything, but my Will flares up!"

--------
It would be best to confess as early as possible, to avoid any excess pain through excess attachment. Make sure you express yourself clearly, and no matter what the outcome may be, treat the other as you may treat a friend, applicable at such a stage in life.

--------

Last edited by Coolz8; 06-20-2016 at 03:18 AM.
Coolz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:15 AM   #3
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

GL HF Cool! Thanks for refereeing Exo!

Bringing Miracle Seed.

Kawaiider, Level 2 Female Joltik
Hidden Power: Water

Faecast, Level 2 Female Castform
Hidden Power: Psychic

Bananas, Level 2 Male Mankey
Hidden Power: Fairy

Scorrupt, Level 2 Male Gligar
Hidden Power: Ground

Trolldent, Level 2 Male Patrat
Hidden Power: Ground

TalkSick Sludge, Level 2 Male Grimer
Hidden Power: Grass
Held Item: Miracle Seed

Trolldent, go forth!
Old 06-20-2016, 07:05 AM   #4
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Chopper, Come on out.

Head for a bit of a Rain Dance. If he closes distance, Charge Beam. If not, Thunderbolt.

--------
It would be best to confess as early as possible, to avoid any excess pain through excess attachment. Make sure you express yourself clearly, and no matter what the outcome may be, treat the other as you may treat a friend, applicable at such a stage in life.

--------

Old 06-20-2016, 08:00 AM   #5
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

Mean Look. Baton Pass to Bananas as he tries to make up his mind on the confusing conditionals.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #6
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

The trainer that goes by the name of TalkSick stands on a train car a good distance away from his opponent. He sends out his first Pokemon, only for his movement to be mimicked on the opposite side. The two Pokeballs fly in the air and pop simultaneously, revealing two small Pokemon. On TalkSick's side, a rodent with smooth fur looks around observantly, using one hand to to cover his eyes from the sun's rays. The other contender, on Coolz8's side, sits around motionless and basking in the heat. His black frills pulse ever so slightly now and then. The referee, riding his trusty Noivern, aims his Pokedex at the two Pokemon so that he may obtain information about them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex

Patrat (Normal): As lookouts, Patrat have extremely keen eyesight, allowing them to see long distances and in fogs, smoke or otherwise obstructing conditions. Their accuracy cannot be lowered. They are adept climbers. Natural pranksters, they use non damaging moves that target the foe faster than usual.
[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon are able to use support moves to greater effect than other Pokémon, with them being performed slightly quicker and being slightly more potent. Being beings of great balance, they benefit more from the positive effects of weather and other arena affecting moves, but will not suffer as badly from the negative effects. In the ASB, Normal-types take resisted damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.

Helioptile (Electric/Normal): Helioptile are extremely sensitive to changes in weather. Their frills act like solar panels. Using a move in bright sunlight, Helioptile can extend their frills to absorb energy from the sun, restoring significant energy once per battle. Their dry skin is also very water absorbent, and it will restore minor energy every round in the rain. Due to living in a desert environment, they are immune to damage from Sandstorms and can use electricity without seeing their moves lose power in the heat.
[Electric]: Electric types are resistant to paralysis inflicted by Electric-type moves, though they may be paralysed as normal by other methods. Electric types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water. They have a high degree of control over their Electric type attacks, and as such they will suffer less from attempts to redirect them.
[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon are able to use support moves to greater effect than other Pokémon, with them being performed slightly quicker and being slightly more potent. Being beings of great balance, they benefit more from the positive effects of weather and other arena affecting moves, but will not suffer as badly from the negative effects. In the ASB, Normal-types take resisted damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.
"Let's begin!" The referee exclaims from above. The two trainers nod, then quickly spill out their orders.

The Patrat is quick to act first, thanks to his species' prankster-like trait. His funky looking eyes begin to move about in the same pattern as an old school hypnotic image, cursing the Helioptile with his Mean Look. While this may prove troublesome for Pokemon who desire to switch, Helioptile seems unfazed. In fact, the lizard is not even focused on the opponent! He stands on his hind legs as he dances, arms stretched out to the sky while his throat is undulating some native hum. Almost immediately, the clear skies are overwhelmed by a mass of black clouds, and drops of rain gradually make their way down from the heavens. Now that the rain is slowly picking up, Chopper stares at Trolldent with a confident smirk. As he looks at his opponent, Chopper is silently deciding on which move to use based on his trainer's orders. He closely observes the opponent, but the Patrat simply chuckles. He materializes a glowing white baton and waves it around, as if to spite Chopper. As the Patrat is recalled by a tendril of red from his Pokeball, Chopper tenses up and begins to charge up a Thunderbolt in a desperate attempt to deal some damage before the Patrat disappears. However, just as he fires the roaring stream of electricity, a new contender enters the field. A flexing Mankey hops around, ready for a fight. He's greeted by a painful zap though, causing him to shrill from the shock. He slams the ground repeatedly, evidently angry from the surprise hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex

Mankey (Fighting): Mankey are excellent climbers, allowing them to scale most walls and surfaces and swing from vines and branches with ease, and they can use their tail to grasp objects and ledges. They interpret being stared in the eyes a challenge to their authority. Thus, any eye contact will cause Mankey launch into a berserk rage. They will focus almost exclusively on the offending target to the exclusion of all other concerns unless something else starts to become a bigger problem or gets in the way of their rage. Until its target has fallen Mankey will be extremely emotional and responsive but more vulnerable to confusion. Mankey will also be winded for a few moments after its berserker rage has ended, with longer periods of rage meaning more downtime. A trainer may write a note in their bio stating that their Mankey has been trained not to enter in to the enraged state in this way.
[Fighting]: Fighting-type Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, giving them greater endurance and readiness than other Pokémon and allowing them to push themselves harder for longer. They are more accurate with their physical blows and more adept at blocking and countering physical attacks, able to do this against most physical assaults. Being physically powerful, they can lift much more than normal Pokémon, though this does not grant them an attack boost. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings.
"Better avoid eye contact with that Mankey, Tayuya!"

: I will try my best, Trainer... *Ahem* A rowdy new challenger has entered the fray. Bananas is the only one to receive damage this round. The rain sings its solemn song-- a steady downpour has begun.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:00 AM   #7
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

"MC Focus Blast, Dynamic Punch. If it uses double team then replace the dynamic punch with an Earthquake."
Old 06-21-2016, 03:40 AM   #8
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Agility to take advantage of the charge time needed to be able to minimize any damage by dodging, and a Thunder Wave as he decides which move Chopper is making.

--------

--------

Old 06-23-2016, 01:40 PM   #9
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

As the rowdy Mankey pours forth his Fighting aura into a focused sphere of pure energy, the Helioptile stretches his body in an attempt to limber it up. Bananas' sphere glows bright and becomes more unstable, forcing the Mankey to unleash it aimed toward the opponent. The blast sails across, closing in on the Helioptile with unrelenting tenacity. However, Chopper is already rather limber at this time, and he sidesteps just before the sphere completely engulfs him, minimizing the damage to half. Despite this, the super-effective attack causes him to groan. The attack was certainly formidable, and Chopper rethinks his strategy to avoid future harm from such attacks. Bananas simply shrieks wildly while slamming the roof of the car he's standing on multiple times. Chopper pants lightly, noticing that the Mankey is looking for something specific. Taking advantage of the Mankey's brief pause, the Helioptile sends forth multiple tendrils of electricity. The tendrils dance and pulse with power, causing Bananas' eyes to widen and immediately rush forward to close in on the lizard before he's struck. However, the tendrils successfully bind him before he can get close, and as he tries to rush forward to land his punch, Chopper simply concentrates even further, successfully paralyzing the Mankey completely.

The round ends as the Mankey struggles with his paralysis around 5 feet away from the Helioptile. The rain is steadily pouring down, giving Chopper a small amount of his energy back. Refreshing!

: Chopper is panting lightly, but can still go for two should he need to. Bananas is paralyzed, though not severely. He's fresh but is barely trailing in health. Let's see some dancing, or else I'll go down there and play some ear-piercing music!
Old 06-24-2016, 04:26 AM   #10
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

All right then, take advantage of the proximity and use Toxic, then Thunder for good measure.

--------

--------

Old 06-24-2016, 04:38 AM   #11
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

"Smelling Salts to remove your paralysis and to hit that silly lizard. Dynamic Punch it into the roof of the train after the thunder!"
Old 06-25-2016, 02:01 PM   #12
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Chopper is ready to start this round, his heightened agility allowing him to move first before the paralyzed Mankey. He opens his mouth and spews out a glob of Toxic goo with hints of the Helioptile's dinner from last night. Yuck. The Mankey tries to shake his fur in panic as the goo covers his body, but there's no escaping it. The Toxic seeps inside his pores, and he feels the burning sensation slowly settling inside his body. Knowing that the Toxic is a lost cause to try and prevent, he instead focuses on his paralysis. He strains his body, forcing out salt to cover his body using his sweat. The salt quickly shakes off his paralysis, though the Mankey still remains sluggish due to the lingering effects of the status. The Mankey then closes in on the Helioptile, his fist covered with smelling salts. He jabs at Chopper's cheek, injecting the pungent salts for added damage. The Helioptile slides to the side from the impact, and Bananas hops back a feet and readies himself for his opponent's next attack. Chopper recovers quickly from the Mankey's punch and chuckles as he becomes enveloped by Electric energy. Tendrils of electricity crackles wildly all throughout his body. Then, he fires it point blank toward Bananas, who can only brace for the impact due to his trainer's orders. The powerful beam of electricity engulfs the Mankey and causes a booming Thunder to explode due to the attack breaking the speed barrier. Bananas squirms as electricity courses through his very being yet again, but as the attack fades, he fortunately remains standing without paralysis. He stands weakly, his fur sizzling from the attack. However, he regains his fighting spirit rather quickly as he observes his opponent droop weakly thanks to the aftereffects of the attack he just pulled off. Bananas dashes forward, fist balled up and covered with explosive energy. He leaps in the air and extends his arm forward in a punch. As his fist comes in contact with the Helioptile's face, a sudden release of dynamic energy causes a powerful explosion, sending Bananas flying back a few feet while Chopper is bounced helplessly on the roof of the train and is sent flying back. The Helioptile barely stays on top of the train as he reaches the very edge of the back of the train. He groans as he struggles to stand, clearly confused.

As the round ends, Mankey begins to cough slightly. It seems that Toxic has set in and will begin affecting him further from now on.

: An explosive round made interesting thanks to my melodious hymn!~ Chopper is in need of a break and is still feeling the aftereffects of Thunder. He's thoroughly confused, by the way! As for Bananas, he established a wonderful lead as his opponent dips to his second third of health! He's also good for two. Let's ensure this concert continues smoothly. En garde!
Old 06-25-2016, 02:28 PM   #13
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

"Bring him back to his senses with a full powered Focus Blast. Hunt him down with a Cross Chop."
Old 06-27-2016, 08:34 AM   #14
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Let's try to keep this going. Protect, then Thunderbolt to dish out some damage.

--------

--------

Old 06-27-2016, 07:31 PM   #15
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Chopper stumbles about dizzily, groaning weakly as he sees doubles. The Mankey chuckles to himself as he brings both arms together, charging up a full powered Focus Blast like a Hadouken. Chopper looks blankly at his opponent, confused as to why the general area by Bananas is glowing and humming with power. At full strength, Bananas unleashes the large sphere and skillfully directs it to the Helioptile. The sphere whistles across the train arena, closing the medium-sized gap between Bananas and Chopper. Helioptile's eyes widen but his body refuses to put up a protective barrier due to his confusion. The blast explodes right on Chopper, sending his light body flying back and off the roof of the train, sliding a good distance away on the rocky terrain. The downpour drips on his battered body, and he groans as if all of his bones just got broken. However, as this is Slapsticks, he somersaults up again, feeling better now that the confusion is gone. Bananas peers down from the top of the train and locates Chopper, who is now charging electricity within his frills. Bananas shrieks angrily, jumping down from the top of the train with his arms forming a cross. He dashes forward, trying to close the distance, but he is too late. Chopper opens fire and zaps Bananas with the force of a Thunderbolt, sending Bananas skidding back and halting his approach for a moment. Chopper pants lightly, in distraught as he realizes that Bananas is still relentless. The Mankey leaps forward and chops down, but the extra agile Helioptile darts to the side and is only dealt partial damage. The round ends as Bananas breathes heavily, struggling to catch his breath.

: Bananas' song rang louder than Chopper's this round. Chopper has dipped a good way into his final third of health already! However, he has a chance to attempt a comeback this round, for Bananas is clearly exhausted.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:09 AM   #16
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Let's Dance into a Blast.

Head out with a Thunder, then a bit of a Thunderbolt as well

--------

--------

Old 06-28-2016, 03:36 AM   #17
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

"Thunder is a tiring move, finish him off with a Close Combat.
If and only if you are unable to perform close combat for some reason, Dynamic Punch him."

Last edited by TalkSick; 06-28-2016 at 04:10 AM.
TalkSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #18
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

The wheezing Mankey staggers around, clearly exhausted from the overexertion. However, his trainer orders him to finish the match up this round, and he tries his best to correct his posture as he readies himself for battle. The much fresher Helioptile smirks at the struggling foe. His frills begin to glow a bright yellow as electricity crackles violently around him. Then, he bellows loudly, mouth agape, and sends the thunderous blast of electricity careening toward the helpless Mankey. Bananas is sent flying back, having barely any strength to at least brace for the attack. His back slams against the train as the attack fries him continuously for a few seconds. As the attack disperses, Chopper pants lightly, feeling the aftereffects of the move he just pulled off. He eyes his opponent closely, but is instantly relieved as Bananas fails to get up! His body has been locked by paralysis once more, allowing Chopper to catch his breath. Bananas growls at the Helioptile while his back is against the train, unable to move any part of his body.

Finally feeling less worn out, Chopper continues his onslaught. He sends a slightly weaker bolt of electricity sailing toward Bananas, though it is just as thunderous in power. The sudden jolt of pain effectively knocks off the paralysis, but Bananas' painful screaming still echoes among the empty wasteland around them. As the move fades, Bananas weakly gets up, but he staggers once more as Toxic strengthens inside his body.

: A heroic comeback from the Helioptile! He certainly forced the Mankey to sing in pain that round. The two are neck and neck in health, though Bananas is still leading by a hair. Bananas is fresh while Chopper is good for two!
Old 07-05-2016, 12:57 PM   #19
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

Why didn't Bananas Dynamic Punch? He failed to use close combat, I think my orders are clear enough.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:15 AM   #20
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

They were clear, however, the following happened and made me ultimately not allow Bananas to perform Dynamic Punch:

1) Chopper used Thunder and paralyzed Bananas
2) Although he was already paralyzed before and made the paralysis less severe, it still hindered movement. Paired with exhaustion, he did not perform Close Combat.
3) Banana's failure to attempt Close Combat grants Chopper a chance to catch his breath and recover from the sluggishness that Thunder temporarily causes
4) Chopper lets loose a Thunderbolt and knocks paralysis away.
5) Bananas fails to use Dynamic Punch because of the sluggishness that comes right after recovering from paralysis. Also, the round is coming to a close right around this point.

If there are still some concerns, I am willing to ask an LO to review my decision and act according to their ruling.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 09-02-2016, 08:04 AM   #21
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Bump for TS

--------

--------

Old 10-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #22
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

"Focus Blast, Dynamic Punch. If it uses double team then replace the dynamic punch with an Earthquake."
Old 10-20-2016, 06:30 AM   #23
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Light Screen that Focus Blast then Toxic him out.

--------

--------

Old 11-15-2016, 07:08 AM   #24
TalkSick
Thunder Badge

Bump for GrJackass.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:49 PM   #25
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Ill be taking this on, expect a round by friday at the latest

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL