UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 07-28-2016, 07:21 PM   #276
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

>1000 CP barrier

As I said earlier, broke that just earlier today. Level 15. Happened after I powered up an Eevee and then evolved it into Flareon. Wasn't even shooting for that- I was just powering it up to get a feel for its IVs before I evolved it.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:19 PM   #277
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Man I broke 1000 at level 18 y'all are lucky
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:42 PM   #278
deoxys
Fog Badge

Heads up, bit of a curveball thrown by Niantic, they're switching all Pokemon nests around.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoa..._have_changed/

If you had a Dratini nest before like I did.... well, RIP.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:51 PM   #279
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

wait does that mean eevee won't be the second most common pokemon in my neighborhood now?
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:13 PM   #280
deoxys
Fog Badge

Oh, also they nerfed a lot of moves and buffed a lot of moves

Yes, Vaporeon was a specific target

Yes, Vaporeon and Snorlax are both now much weaker and probably are no longer "S Tier", for those of you who care about tiers

Also thank god
Old 07-30-2016, 08:50 AM   #281
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

>hears that nests have changed around

>checks out Go

>still finding Drowzee out the ass in my neighborhood

*headdesk headdesk headdesk*

>keeps reading

>sees that there are no Koffing nests anywhere

*headdesk headdesk headdesk headdesk headdesk*

Well, here's hoping my walk today goes well. Had no opportunity to go on one yesterday, and I used my last ball to catch a Graveler, so yeah, really need to restock here. Also hoping to get some Eggs hatched today- got a couple 5km Eggs incubating, one of which is halfway hatched. Keeping my fingers crossed for some Koffing, personally- I want one with at least relatively high IVs, and also need me some more Koffing Candy if I want to evolve one.

Also, holy crap, I don't think anyone's taking the local Gym from Team Valor anytime soon. They got a buttload of powerful Pokémon there, topped off by a Gyarados somewhere in the 1800s. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be able to leave a Pokémon there- does anyone know why that happens, why a gym just up and doesn't let you leave a Pokémon there, even though you're on that team?
Old 07-30-2016, 08:55 AM   #282
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be able to leave a Pokémon there- does anyone know why that happens, why a gym just up and doesn't let you leave a Pokémon there, even though you're on that team?
The gym is probably loaded up on Pokemon already so there's no room for you to add yours until you raise the gym's level.

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:18 AM   #283
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
>hears that nests have changed around

>checks out Go

>still finding Drowzee out the ass in my neighborhood

*headdesk headdesk headdesk*

>keeps reading

>sees that there are no Koffing nests anywhere

*headdesk headdesk headdesk headdesk headdesk*

Well, here's hoping my walk today goes well. Had no opportunity to go on one yesterday, and I used my last ball to catch a Graveler, so yeah, really need to restock here. Also hoping to get some Eggs hatched today- got a couple 5km Eggs incubating, one of which is halfway hatched. Keeping my fingers crossed for some Koffing, personally- I want one with at least relatively high IVs, and also need me some more Koffing Candy if I want to evolve one.

Also, holy crap, I don't think anyone's taking the local Gym from Team Valor anytime soon. They got a buttload of powerful Pokémon there, topped off by a Gyarados somewhere in the 1800s. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be able to leave a Pokémon there- does anyone know why that happens, why a gym just up and doesn't let you leave a Pokémon there, even though you're on that team?

Gyms initially have space for 3 Polemon to defend, and can be leveled up by "training" at the gym. Each level up allows for one extra Pokemon to be placed in as a defender. The maximum gym capacity is 10 defenders.

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:25 AM   #284
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Ahh, OK. I think I'll be doing some training there, then- see if I can't get that Gym to make room for one more.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:10 PM   #285
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
@MM you might be surprised how quickly that gym might be taken.

This morning when I was at my grandparents place I saw the 2 gyms in the center of town where taken from Mystic, one of them was now owned by Valor with a freaking CP 2000+ DRAGONITE at the top as well as a few other high CP Pokémon there including Vaporeon and Snorlax.

Late in the afternoon I was at my grandparents again and checked GO again. That very same Gym was now owned by Instinct with CP 1100+ Jolteon at the top.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:50 PM   #286
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, for now the Gym remains intact, and thanks to me, one level higher, and now fortified with a strong Flareon. I guess it could be taken in time, but for now, I'm liking its chances.

Anyway, as could be easily guessed, I have returned from my walk. This time, I used a Lure Module on one of my local PokéStops, and an Incense while walking around. What with both of those, the catching was pretty good. Unfortunately, I am still out of Poké Balls- used my very last one just as I returned home in a failed attempt to catch a Shellder. But yeah, it wasn't all failure- I'm getting much closer to being able to evolve my Kakuna now, doing real good on Weedle Candy. Got enough Pidgey Candy to evolve two of them into Pidgeotto. Hatched an Oddish with AMAZING IVs, have found my future Vileplume for certain. Also caught a Tauros and my very first Rhyhorn. Haven't leveled up today, but I got a Lucky Egg I'm holding onto to help with that, once I have enough things ready to evolve.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #287
deoxys
Fog Badge

A new patch is rolling out. Here's the details:

Avatars can now be re-customized from the Trainer profile screen
Adjusted battle move damage values for some Pokémon
Refined certain Gym animations
Improved memory issues
Removed footprints of nearby Pokémon
Modified battle damage calculation
Various bug fixes during wild Pokémon encounter
Updated Pokémon details screen
Updated achievement medal images
Fixed issues with displaying certain map features
Minor text fixes

Not in the patch notes:

Male characters now have more clothing options, including Blue
Favorited Pokemon can't be transferred
The transfer button is in a much easier to access place on the Pokemon profile
Scanning radius for nearby Pokemon reduced from 100m to 70m
Old 07-30-2016, 04:22 PM   #288
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Sweet. Especially the re-customizing avatars bit.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:05 PM   #289
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Weather's supposed to be crap today, so it's likely I won't be getting a lot of walking done. On the bright side, however, Flareon's still holding things down at the Gym, so that's another 10 PokéCoins and 500 Stardust in the bank! This Gym might not be invincible, but right now it's close enough for my liking!
Old 07-31-2016, 02:50 PM   #290
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, the weather wasn't quite as crap as I'd thought. Just wish I could say the same for today's walk. It seemed like every time I got a few more Poké Balls, I'd try to catch something, only to fail miserably. I mean, I'm talking a Caterpie that's been fed a Razz Berry broke out of two Poké Balls and a Great Ball! It's not all bad news, though- I managed to catch a Paras and hatch an Exeggcute- two things I've desperately needed for the Pokédex. Trying to not evolve anything until I got a good amount of stuff I can evolve all at once, and that's when I'll use my Lucky Egg. With any luck, I can at least hit level 16 sometime in the near future.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:33 PM   #291
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, it's happened- Team Mystic took the Gym. All that's there now is a Vileplume and a Victreebel, though, so tomorrow, I'm taking back the Gym. I got Flareon, I got Jynx, I got Hypno- I got this.

EDIT: Also started raising my Golbat's CP- no doubt it'll be useful here as well.

EDIT II: ...Well, then. Entirely new lineup at the Gym. Starmie, Wigglytuff, and Vaporeon. Suddenly, taking back the Gym is sounding a bit less realistic. Then again, there is my Bellsprout to consider, and Golbat will still fare pretty well against Wigglytuff... Yeah, got some thinking to do for this one.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 07-31-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:43 PM   #292
deoxys
Fog Badge

I've lost the thrill of taking gyms, unless I'm with friends who want to do it and hype it up. Which basically doesn't happen.

For me, I take over a gym, rush to the next one, take it, take as many as I realistically can in a short time, and then I'll cash in my defender bonus.

It sucks because I have zero motivation to take gyms now if my defender bonus isn't up for ~x hours. Which sucks because there have been times where I'm like 'Man, I want to take that gym, but all it would do is waste resources, and someone is bound to flip it before my defender bonus is up."

Meh.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:47 PM   #293
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Min/maxing, the bane of actually having fun in a video game.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:02 PM   #294
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
Min/maxing, the bane of actually having fun in a video game.
There's almost no point to min/maxing in Pokemon Go. The people who want perfect IV Pokemon are off of their rockers.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:29 PM   #295
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
There's almost no point to min/maxing in Pokemon Go. The people who want perfect IV Pokemon are off of their rockers.
Probably doing it in preparation for the inevitable update which introduces trainer vs. trainer battling. It's understandable, though nothing that I'm going to spend time on.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:37 PM   #296
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Mix/maxing the effectiveness of your supplies is still min/maxing

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:13 AM   #297
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
Mix/maxing the effectiveness of your supplies is still min/maxing
Right, but how is it a bane of having fun if you're literally only doing it so you don't run out of things when you, I don't know, actually want to do things? Like,where I live isn't exactly pokestop-plentiful. I haven't so much as seen a potion in 4 days so I've been loathe to try to take over a gym simply because I have no way to heal up my guys afterwards. So I'm going to hold off on gyms unless A) they're already instinct or B) I work up a decent stash of potions that won't result in me getting pissed and hating everything when I run out.

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:58 PM   #298
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, spent the bulk of my time today stocking up on Poké Balls. Right now I got, like, 40 Poké Balls and 20 Great Balls, which ought to hold me for a little while. No big major catches today- finally got enough Oddish Candy to evolve my Oddish into a Gloom, and enough Weedle Candy to evolve my Kakuna into a Beedrill. Hopefully I'll find a Gastly soon, get me enough Gastly Candy for a Haunter.

Oh, and the Gym? It had been taken back by Team Valor by the time I got there. However, it was too low in level for me to squeeze in one of my Pokémon. But training to raise the level of the Gym was out of the question- their weakest Pokémon, a Vaporeon, pretty much wrecked everything I threw at it. Only Pokémon I have comparable to its power is... Flareon. So, yeah... not happening today.

Oh, yeah- hit level 16!
Old 08-01-2016, 08:40 PM   #299
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Finally got the game working again, and... WOW. I went to the park and there must have been 50+ people there all playing Pokemon and talking about Pokemon and even singing Pokemon songs (badly). This is almost enough to make up for the lousy software in my opinion, because getting this many Pokemon fans to gather together in one place is amazing.

The catching was really good, too. There were 5 pokespots all clumped together and they all had Lures active. I found one Omanyte and lots of the local species (Drowzee, Vulpix, and Gastly). There was also a Gym in that spot that I couldn't do much with because I was level 10, but it was entertaining watching it change owners every 5 minutes.

I'd highly recommend anyone into this game visit Boston. The rest of the city is a jungle of Pokestops and Lures, just like Manhattan. The excitement is real.

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:03 AM   #300
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Went out for an early morning walk and discovered that a dastardly duo had gone around the neighborhood overnight and flipped all the gyms to Mystic. The nice thing is that they left them all at level 3 but with one slot still open. So I stocked them with as many of my laughably underpowered pokemon as I could to collect the fat defender bonus before the day's onslaught began. =3=

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON