閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:12 PM   #102
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Cool find. Never knew that!

Alright, time for an update. Went out walking today. FINALLY got the two PokéStops within walking distance to cooperate. Managed to score some extra Poké Balls, Potions, Revives, and even two more Eggs. The Egg I had before finally hatched, I got a Spearow out of it. The Eggs I'm incubating now, one takes 2 kilometers, the other takes 5. The local Gym is currently under Instinct control, and to make matters more infuriating, their Pokémon thoroughly outlevel mine. Someday I'll reclaim that Gym in the name of Team Valor... Also finally caught a Weedle and a Nidoran, two Pokémon I'd never caught yet. And on my way home, I'm noticing there's a Tauros supposed to be nearby. Amazingly, as I got closer to home, the Tauros seemed to be getting closer as well. I went, "there's no way this Tauros is gonna show up at my house or something". Not two seconds after I say that, guess what pops up right in front of my house. Only took one ball to catch, too.

Still level 7, but making great progress towards leveling up.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #103
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Update:

As it turns out, the local massive park is teeming with Valor scum. I retook the same gym 3 times before leaving. Hopefully it'll hold up for a bit. I have to find my Instinct teammates and get them onto a discord server so we can plan.

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:56 PM   #104
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

I'd totally bike across state borders for this
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:04 PM   #105
Snorby
Snackin'

My sister is the greatest person ever and traded phones with me so now I can use Pokemon Go whenever I want!

I'm Level 8 at the moment, with a 378 Fearow, a 309 Raticate, and a 228 Beedrill as my strongest. I've hatched 2 Eggs thusfar- a Rattata out of a 2K and a Mankey out of a 5K. My next 5K is at 4.8 so I'm gonna head out to hatch it when I'm done charging my phone.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:20 PM   #106
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm out walking earlier, it's mostly Pidgey, Spearow, and Drowzee, with a few Nidoran, Weedle, and Zubat in the mix.

I'm stuck in the house during a thunderstorm, and there's a freaking Kabuto and Magikarp in the neighborhood.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:56 PM   #107
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario188 View Post
I'm lacking a smartphone, but for people who can play, this is a cool thing I didn't know about before I saw this!

Spoiler: show
Unfortunately this is a fake rumor. I wish it was true.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:27 PM   #108
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

The gym near my house is instinct controlled. Eww. I'm having so much fun, I seriously used to dream about stuff like this being possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:32 PM   #109
dirkac
uhhhhh

Shuckle you need to tell me where you found that avatar :U

The glowing texture/effect seems really familiar, I know I've seen it somewhere before.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #110
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

Be sure to opt out.
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:24 PM   #111
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crys View Post
My eyes just rolled sofar backI hurt myself.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:10 PM   #112
Snorby
Snackin'

Walking around aimlessly today resulted in me finding a 448 CP Seaking out of the blue. I'm very happy.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:27 PM   #113
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

So today I decided to visit the city center to play a few hours of Pokemon GO. Jsut for fun I attempted to count the number of people I saw playing over the course of my 3 hours there, and I can say I counted somewhere around 300-350. I thought that was actually crazy how so many people gathered around a fairly small area to just catch some Pokemon at the quartet of lure modules that were at the square. I also jumped from level 14 and a half to level 16 and a quarter, so that's fun.

Also apparently Water Gun is the strongest move just because my vaporeon actually attacks at sonic speeds with it?
Squad Summary

Old 07-14-2016, 11:19 PM   #114
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

That awkward yet awesome moment when you realize that Pokémon GO is not released in your country, but was able to install it during UPN Con in the US and it still works while in your country (as there's a Pokéstop near my home... kinda).

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:26 PM   #115
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
That awkward yet awesome moment when you realize that Pokémon GO is not released in your country, but was able to install it during UPN Con in the US and it still works while in your country (as there's a Pokéstop near my home... kinda).
So what I'm hearing is you're gonna get your team jacked as hell and when it's finally released wherever you live you'll go around and take over every gym in a 5 mile radius

Other news, the train station gym by me is currently guarded by a freaking Dragonite.

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:30 PM   #116
Heather
Naga's Voice

so just how important is combat power in a battle? Crazybarks it at ~260 CP, what's about the ceiling of what he could reasonably take on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:06 AM   #117
dirkac
uhhhhh

Found a CP 265 Venonat today and it is my baby
Old 07-15-2016, 07:02 AM   #118
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Generally what cp needed for what poke.on is also based on the moves it knows. My 750 Pidgeot cam only ever go as high as 850, but my 800 vaporeon cam take in 1,050s
Squad Summary

Old 07-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #119
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingothestone View Post
So what I'm hearing is you're gonna get your team jacked as hell and when it's finally released wherever you live you'll go around and take over every gym in a 5 mile radius
I Wish XP Unfortunately it seems I am not alone, as last night I saw a lure module on the Pokéspot around my home, and it wasn't me who put it there soooooo

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:20 AM   #120
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I know we're all enjoying Pokémon Go right now, even those of us like myself who don't have the app, but here's a question for you:

Are you worried that Nintendo is going to Go-ify the main series games, or possibly even sideline the main series games in favor of more Go development?

I'm concerned that the cash influx Nintendo has seen from this game (that 36% increase to their stock value ...) compared against the sales for our beloved main-series titles is going to give them the wrong impression. "Fans love Go even more than the main series games!" "They want the battles to be streamlined and simplified like this!" "They love Go gyms much more than the gyms in the games and the anime!" Etc, etc, etc.

It's probably just me worrying over nothing. They're probably smart enough to realize that people enjoy Go in spite of its shortcomings compared with the main series games rather than loving it more than the main series games. But I dunno ... Most people playing Go right now are people who would never sign up here, who don't even know what a Serebii is, who have never visited Bulbapedia before ... Most people playing Pokémon Go are what many of us would term "casuals," but their passion right now is anything but casual, their professed love of Pokémon through the roof.

tl;dr I want to see Go incorporate more of our favorite features from the main series games but am worried that Nintendo might misconstrue Go's phenomenal success as a message from the public that the main series formula is dead (stale, sure, but not dead ) and that we don't want any more Red & Blue-style games any more.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:12 PM   #121
dirkac
uhhhhh

Go is succesful because its a mobile app that is of extremely low price and has a low time/payoff ratio.

That (and nostalgia) is the reason why its so popular.
It really can't compare to the main games, as the majority of the people in the world don't even own a Nintendo Console, but do own a Pokémon Go-runnable smartphone.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:13 PM   #122
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

There is also the chance it will attract people to the main series.

biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:15 PM   #123
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
I fear Pokemon GO is riding a hype wave that will crash sooner or later, although I do hope that's not the case.

Regardless this does show that apps that force people to go out into the real world to take advantage of them CAN work and regardless of what happens to it, it has opened the door for an entire game genre and could certainly lead to more people actually leaving their house and experiencing the area around them (even if it is with a phone in front of their face).

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #124
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
Go is succesful because its a mobile app that is of extremely low price and has a low time/payoff ratio.

That (and nostalgia) is the reason why its so popular.
It really can't compare to the main games, as the majority of the people in the world don't even own a Nintendo Console, but do own a Pokémon Go-runnable smartphone.
All of this I realized before posting. None of these points address whether Nintendo would or would not attempt to court that market more vigorously at the cost of the main series games (and/or their classic formula). Let's focus on your smart phone installation base vs. 3DS installation base point, for example. I am asking you, "Do you think Nintendo, in tasting the sweet nectar of Go's success, will contemplate abandoning their old-fashioned model of a proprietary console featuring high-labor products and will favor instead a migration to third-party devices, e.g. smartphones, featuring low-labor products like Go?" That's fundamentally what I am asking, what I am concerned about. In a world of "work smarter, not harder," I'm asking you to consider what Nintendo's motivation is to keep sinking so much R&D time and money into Pokémon's main series games when for a fraction of that time and energy they could make equivalent or superior profits from mobile games. At the end of the day, 10 million 3DS games x $40 per game is the same thing as 40 million Go players x an average of $10 spent per Go player (with many spending $0-$10 and a couple spending $10-$large sums). The question is, "Does Nintendo care how they get their money? Or are they like everyone else, and just want the easiest, most pain-free route to financial success?" The install base is but one example. I'm also concerned with things like, "50 million Go players outnumber 10 million Sun & Moon players 5:1, and so if the Go playerbase demands two-attack modality then two-attack modality is what will take over and four-attack modality will go the way of the dodo." I'm not saying this is correct, that Go players are happy with having only two attacks (and only one of which is practical to use). Just that I'm worried Nintendo will confuse success with superiority, that they will see how successful Go is and say, "You know what? Yeah. The main series games need to be more like this."
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:21 PM   #125
Mercutio
Banned

Colleague: Oh hey my Eevee needs a potion
Kush: Wow, Eevee, what will you evolve it into?
Colleague: Ninetales!

Ffffffffffff
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON