UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Viridian Forest

Old 08-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #26
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quest: Pallet Town Land Reclaim

"Amy, you need to dive down below that tree and pick up tools similar to those over there." You instruct Oshawott. "Some of the tools might have become lodged in the dirt. If that is the case, use your shell to dig them out. Bring them back to me and I’ll clean them off. Got all that girl?"

Nodding, Amy dashes into the brackish water. As she dives under gnarled mangrove roots, Oshawott grimaces at the putrid stench, which reminds her of waterlogged corpses. A bitter taste lingers on Amy's tongue, and Oshawott flinches. She does not yield, though. Instead, Amy plunges towards the glittery metal resting in the bottom of the swamp. Wading through turbid gunk, Amy seizes the hammer handle and then paddles back to the surface. When she totters up to you and tosses something to your feet. You pick it up. Despite the black grime and mud caked all over, you can discern a sheen of silver near the sides of the tool. Tired but triumphant, Amy shoots you a wide smile. Like a heartbeat, newfound confidence pulses through the Oshawott.

Amy has gained a Level! Oshawott is now Lv6!

Miguel takes the hammer off you and throws it into a bucket with some other worktools. After he talks to a nearby woman in a ponytail, Miguel addresses you again.

"Do you want to dive down and fish out some more tools? Or would you like to follow Moira and wash out the buckets instead?" asks Miguel, gesturing to the smiling woman.

How do you respond? What does Amy do?
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:34 PM   #27
Charzonsos
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Charzonsos
Figaro began to think on Miguel’s offer. He turned to his Oshawott. Amy looked a bit tired after having swum to the bottom of the lake. He didn’t know if the water type could make another trip down in the muck and grime. She looked energized after her trip, but he didn’t want to push his friend to far. He remembered she had just got better from the injury she received the day before. The option to go wash out buckets seemed to be something that would be less strenuous on his partner.

“I think we’ll go help out with washing buckets,” Figaro said. “Don’t want to head back into the swamp water so soon. I’ll give Amy a chance to catch her breath.” He smiled at the Oshawott, who looked up and smiled with a little gunk smeared on some of her teeth. “I’ll follow Moira and give her a hand.”
Charzonsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:32 AM   #28
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quest: Pallet Town Land Reclaim

"I think we'll go help out with washing buckets," you say, after pausing. "Don't want to head back into the swamp water so soon. I’ll give Amy a chance to catch her breath."

You glance at Amy, who peers back at you through gunk-smeared eyes. When you stroke the Oshawott's chin, Amy almost purrs with delight. From her small giggle to her gentle hum, your partner's familiarity with you is evident. You smile. Despite yourself, you feel a small murmur of affection for your partner, a warmth which spreads through you and comforts you like a mug of hot cocoa. With Amy, anything is possible. After staring at Amy for a few minutes, you glance back at Miguel, who gives you an expectant look. The Gym Trainer eases his stance when he notices Amy by your feet. The edges of his gruff smile softens, and Miguel's pale eyes glaze over for a moment, as though he is reminiscing. The moment ends as quickly as it started, though, and Miguel snaps his gaze back at you.

"You want to follow Moira? Really? I mean, it's your choice," says Miguel not unkindly. "I was hoping that you stay here and fetch more tools, but your call."

"I'll follow Moira and give her a hand," you repeat, this time with more affirmation.

Miguel shrugs. "As long as you come back, sure. I'll need some extra help with the tool retrieval."

The bronze-haired Gym Trainer wheels around and whistles at the woman with a ponytail. He snaps his fingers.

"Oi, Moira!" Miguels calls at the woman.

Waving his hand, Miguel grabs her attention. The woman flicks back her blonde hair, wearing a slightly annoyed expression. As she steps forward, you catch a better glimpse of the woman. The first thing you notice is her height. Although the laugh-lines encircling her face place her in the mid-forties, the woman towers over you like a mountain troll, easily shooting above six feet. Her impressive stature, along with the tremendous vitality thrumming her lanky limbs, permeates a youthful energy which belies her probable age. Hooded brown eyes lie sunken above high cheekbones, while a long nose curves above generous lips that seem prone to smile. The woman is not classically beautiful: with her features, she cannot claim to be. However, she is certainly memorable and not ugly.

Your eyes drift down from her face, as they notice her sludge-covered overalls. Above her left breast is a shiny name-tag that identifies her as another Gym Trainer. Indeed, emblazoned are the letters "Moira McGuire, Gym Trainer". The woman cocks an eyebrow, tugging on her ponytail again. When she speaks, her voice is soft but melodic, like the peal of bells.

"Yes, Miguel?" she asks.

"Moira, you have a helper. This one has agreed to help you wash some buckets," pipes Miguel, gesturing at you. "His Oshawott is still fresh under the gills, but nothing that you can't overcome."

Moira wrinkles her nose, as though she is sniffing a whiff of dung.

"I apologise if I sound doubtful, but considering that the last Trainer you sent me tried to rob me, I have reason to doubt your choices," says Moira, massaging her temples.

"That wasn't my fault. Considering Ferdinand's absence, we were understaffed, and you know we couldn't turn away help," replies Miguel gruffly. "The guy seemed enthusiastic enough. We had no way of knowing that he was a thief."

Moira says firmly, "I want to ensure that this helper has decent intentions. Maybe I could test him quickly, if he doesn't mind?"

"Be my guest." Miguel waves.

"Do you mind if I quickly test your Pokémon's battling abilities?" Moira asks you, peering at you. "If your Oshawott actually follows your instructions in this mini-battle, then I can be safe assuming that your Oshawott isn't a stolen Pokémon. You don't mind? I promise that it won't hurt."

How do you respond? Do you consent to a mini-battle?
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:19 AM   #29
Charzonsos
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Charzonsos
Figaro was intimidated by the woman standing in front of him. It didn’t help that her attitude wasn’t the most welcoming. He struggled to focus back his mind. He listened in on Miguel’s and Moria conversation. While he wasn’t a thief, Figaro was a little nervous about having a mini-battle. He was still pretty fresh to being a trainer and he hadn’t ever had an official battle before. Amy’s first injuries were unrelated to battle as well. His first Pokémon capture was due to befriending Alice the Nincada. He had no prior experience so he seemed a bit reluctant.

On the otherhand, Amy was mildly excited about the prospect of battling. While she hadn’t fought before, she felt confident with her trainer. She wanted to prove to Figaro she was capable.

“Well,” Figaro began to mutter, “I’m not sure if Amy is up to…”

Before he could finish, his Oshawott jumped forward and held her shell forward. “Wott, oshawott!”

Seeing his partner ready made Figaro grin. He looked down as he took a breath. He looked up with a new determination. “Well, I guess that settles it. I accept your mini-battle!” Figaro knew that he and Amy both had to work together. The Oshawott trusted him and he needed to trust her as well.
Charzonsos is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Viridian Forest