UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2016, 10:29 AM   #1576
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,162
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
So the other day, now that I'm interested in making a good Secret Base and sharing it with you guys, I decided to visit the Lilycove Department Store on a whim, just to see what they had on sale. I had heard that on Saturdays they sell planks of wood that you can use to patch holes in floors, but I wondered if they might not have other deals on other days of the week. Who knows.

So I go over there, and I head straight to the 5th floor via elevator, and ...

Spoiler: show
HGSS-style Cameos: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Be still, my aching heart! The return of GLORIOUS HGSS-style cameos! Somehow I hadn't been spoiled on this, thank Christ, and so this got to be a 100% genuine surprise when I discovered it. Tate and Liza in the department store along with a bodyguard in a black suit and shades.

I don't know why I didn't put two and two together sooner, actually, because I had already seen another gym leader's cameo earlier. I'd visited the Scorched Slab to obtain something, I don't remember what, and I ran into Flannery there who was there to try and capture Heatran. I enjoyed her scene fine, and I really love Flannery, but I dunno ... I guess for some reason that scene felt more "normal," less "HGSS-ey" than the Tate and Liza scene felt. The Tate and Liza scene was just perfect.

I think it's got something to do with the ... getting to see the gym leaders in their day-to-day lives. Getting to see sides of them you wouldn't normally see and wouldn't associate with their roles as Pokémon trainers. With Flannery pursuing Heatran, it was played a bit too close to the legendary-shopping-spree cuff. It felt too much like the scene was about Heatran and not really about Flannery at all. She was just the vehicle to introduce the player to Heatran's capture. But with the Tate and Liza scene, it has absolutely nothing to do with being a Pokémon trainer. It focuses on the fact that Tate and Liza are both quite young, younger than we sometimes realize, that they're still children and that they haven't really gotten to live the lives that most kids live since they are such strong telepaths. We learn that the government is hoping to use the kids' powers for science. We learn that the kids are too young to really understand what's at stake. We learn that the bodyguard is treating them to presents, (Talon's reading into it here) half to get them to comply with the government and half because he feels sorry for them and wants to treat them to toys like normal kids get. Okay, maybe I'm reading into it a bit much with that last bit , but that's my interpretation of the scene and I'm sticking to it 'cause it's great!

I just love it. This was one of the best things about HeartGold/SoulSilver, hands down. Just the other day I was sharing this with a friend who hadn't played HGSS before:

Quote:
Erika: Hi, Jasmine. I heard Whitney from Goldenrod City said you were too plain and should look more fancy. Is that true?
Jasmine: Yes... I'm thinking maybe I should participate in this Contest in Sinnoh to try and be more vibrant...
Erika: How'd it go?
Jasmine: I couldn't bring myself to go to the Contest.
Erika: Oh, I see... Then why don't you try putting on something especially gorgeous?
Jasmine: Ah, yes! Maybe I can bring myself to enter the Contest!
Erika: How about a fancy, light blue outfit with a cape over it?
Jasmine: What? That's too embarrassing!
Erika: I see. You think Clair from Blackthorn is a little embarrassing... I'm just taking notes.
Jasmine: Oh, no! Erika, that's not what I meant!

Erika turns to face Gold

Erika: Hi, Gold. Would you like to exchange numbers?
Gold: Sure.
Erika: I am often free in the morning on Sunday. Call me around then.

(Distressed Jasmine has been standing there this entire time.)
It's golden moments like these that make me hopeful for each and every future installment. Whether it's Sabrina embarrassed to be seen in her revealing Hollywood costume or Lt. Surge talking about the war, whether it's Blaine's framed picture of himself with Mr. Fuji or Agatha's solitary line that implies she and Oak have some history, stuff like this makes the characters we want to love loveable, it makes them richer, it makes them ... gosh. I love this stuff so much.

Don't bother replying with

Spoiler: show
the others' locations because a) I'm going to have fun discovering them on my own and b)

if I wanted to I'm perfectly capable of looking things up on Bulbapedia, Serebii, or any number of other resources online, no different from you guys. Keep it to yourselves. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. This is a great find.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In other news, Secret Base developments have been halted by a foray back over into Pokémon Y. I'm breeding the ultimates of my Story Mode team from Y, something I've been meaning to do since December 2013 but hadn't gotten around to until now. Once I have those guys bred, I'll trade them over to ORAS and probably set to work more seriously on developing that save file's trainer resources. (Finishing off the rest of the O-Powers, getting the Secret Base set up, etc.)

I've been farming {item we've been discussing past few days} in Y, and have four or five copies now. I'll probably not bother with Contests at this point, then, and will just go ahead and trade {an item} over to Omega Ruby in the near future. Saves a lot of time, especially since I don't presently need anything else that completing the Contest circuit grants you.
Talon87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:10 PM   #1577
dirkac
Did I f-f-fucking stutter
 
dirkac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Some shitty keep.
Posts: 1,366
Yeah, except for one, iirc they all appear outside their Gyms/the League?

idk, I might have just not found the last one, but nobody else did either so ._.
__________________
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:43 AM   #1578
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,162
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Well, today's been a good day. Hatched that Shiny Venipede I've been after, and got my 2,000th Secret Base flag! And to commemorate the latter, here's my Secret Base's QR code;

Spoiler: show
I fought you! I added your base shortly before my 2DS rolled over to midnight, and so I got to challenge you now before bed.

I like your base. It's cute and cool rolled into one. It represents your interests well. I thought the lava carpet was cute too at first but it's already getting old. ^_^; Your base has a very pretty mix of reds and purples. I like how Wynaut features as your base's mascot, and how the player is informed.

Spoiler: show
First introduced by the poster which forecasts his importance to you, then comes the doll by Keith's side which one surely is meant to take to be the living Wynaut himself, and finally Wynaut's appearance in battle.

Unfortunately there's not much challenge, despite the good moves on good Pokémon. I brought a gun (Dragon Dance Charizard X) to a knife fight and the A.I., despite doing everything perfectly with Wynaut to fight me, was screwed by its self-imposed Set battle rules (vs. the Shift rules we players normally all enjoy) -- once Encore ended, Charizard was at +4 to Speed and Attack and awaaaaay he went! But I'm actually pleased to see how far the A.I. has come since Hoenn. I just wish that the Secret Base A.I. and switching rules were the same as those featured in the Battle Maison. Would inject a little more challenge. Switch to your mega while I'm DDing, mega evolve, and attack me for a 2HKO before the spell breaks.

I hope Gen 7 features WiFi co-op. I look forward to teaming up with Team Weezing in the future.
Talon87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #1579
Heather
POOTIS!
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Under the Gay Cloud
Posts: 2,847
I would love to pair up one of my Nuzlocke teams with someone from UPN
__________________
Confidence (Some Assembly Required): Because NQNH's save file is now RIP
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Things One Is Not Allowed To Do In Exalted
244) While not FORBIDDEN, my Midnight is to keep in mind that using an army of animated skeletons in order to fill the town square with a rendition of "Spooky Scary Skeletons" is going to be considered odd at best.
WF Things
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:49 PM   #1580
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I fought you! I added your base shortly before my 2DS rolled over to midnight, and so I got to challenge you now before bed.

I like your base. It's cute and cool rolled into one. It represents your interests well. I thought the lava carpet was cute too at first but it's already getting old. ^_^; Your base has a very pretty mix of reds and purples. I like how Wynaut features as your base's mascot, and how the player is informed.

Spoiler: show
First introduced by the poster which forecasts his importance to you, then comes the doll by Keith's side which one surely is meant to take to be the living Wynaut himself, and finally Wynaut's appearance in battle.

Unfortunately there's not much challenge, despite the good moves on good Pokémon. I brought a gun (Dragon Dance Charizard X) to a knife fight and the A.I., despite doing everything perfectly with Wynaut to fight me, was screwed by its self-imposed Set battle rules (vs. the Shift rules we players normally all enjoy) -- once Encore ended, Charizard was at +4 to Speed and Attack and awaaaaay he went! But I'm actually pleased to see how far the A.I. has come since Hoenn. I just wish that the Secret Base A.I. and switching rules were the same as those featured in the Battle Maison. Would inject a little more challenge. Switch to your mega while I'm DDing, mega evolve, and attack me for a 2HKO before the spell breaks.

I hope Gen 7 features WiFi co-op. I look forward to teaming up with Team Weezing in the future.
Glad you like my base. It actually took me a while to decide on a Secret Base location I was happy with, and decorate it to my liking. Kinda sucks that my Pokémon weren't much of a challenge, but yeah, that does have more to do with the AI than anything.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:02 AM   #1581
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,162
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
I was wrong about Blissey bases.

After scrounging up six Lucky Eggs (and a seventh just because), I was finally ready to give some of these Blissey bases a challenge. And it turns out that the 20,000 experience points people were talking about weren't the maximum like in the Battle Château -- they were the minimum. Coupling Blissey's base experience points with a Lucky Egg and a Lv.3 Exp.Point O-Power means you get over 58,000 experience points per KOed Blissey, which is nearly equivalent to the total amount of experience points gained from the best possible Furisode Girl fight. (One of Nicolette, Rosalie, Ione, or Sabine, who have three Lv.65 or so Audino, each of which awards roughly 18,000 experience points @ O-power Lv.3 @ Lucky Egg.) I haven't bothered with Pokémon-Amie here since that would be a further (and apparently quite unnecessary) timesink, but with Amie's friendship bonus to experience point gains the up-leveling would only go even quicker. It's insane. In a good way.

For me personally, though, I'll say that I don't think I was wrong about horde battles. I really hate the hassle of going out to some route with a Sweet Scenter, using Sweet Scent, triggering a horde battle, sitting through the creature animations as their models load, having to select a wide attack, and having to manually keep track of how many EVs the Pokémon has gotten. You have to do the last part with Super Training modules too, somewhat, but it's a lot less bad. (It's a lot easier to keep track of where you are in an ST regimen without pen and paper.) For me personally, I think ST regimens are still the way to go. Which means I still need money for vitamins. Which means ORAS might still be letting me down there since I still haven't found anything that comes near to Diantha's ~$172,000 per fight or the Elite Four's ~$130,000 per fight (@ Amulet Coin @ Prize Power Lv.3). Might have to resort to the childhood tactic of farming the Elite Four for money. We'll see.

But yeah ... Blissey bases ... holy shit are these much friendlier to my private life than the Château was. No having to scour rooms for Furisodes ... no having to curse at the RNG for giving me tons of Barons and Viscounts ... no having to settle for minor Furisodes because the RNG was too stingy to generate the major ones for me ... This is going to be a huge time saver.
Talon87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #1582
rotomotorz
Careful on the "goods"
 
rotomotorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Your sweaty, smelly bag
Posts: 2,477
Hordes are a pain but generally once you get the required pokemon it works for every time you want to do horde training

I really need in on Blissey bases but I haven't EV trained anything in a while because I'm aiming to fill the Pokedex (:o)
__________________
o O O
o
TS__[O]
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:40 PM   #1583
phoopes
Double Dragon
 
phoopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,462
>Talon

Huh I guess I never looked into O-Powers because I didn't want to make the game easier than it already is. But yeah if I ever get into breeding a competitive team then that does sound super helpful.
__________________
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:56 PM   #1584
dirkac
Did I f-f-fucking stutter
 
dirkac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Some shitty keep.
Posts: 1,366
Yeah Money is really just too hard to come by.

What apparently works is activate Lv. 3 Money O-Power, get a Level 100 Smeargle with Happy Hour and Pay Day. Fly to Safari Zone, beat up Gentleman Walter, fly to North Route 104, beat up Lady Cindy, cycle down through Petalburg Woods to South Route 104, beat up Rich Boy Winston.
Repeat ad infinitum.

250,000+ Money plus whatever you make through Pay Day in 3 minutes.
Just have to move around a bit to recharge their Rematches.
Also have to give Smeargle some Attack EVs so Pay Day actually deals damage.



The problem is that a. I have no Smeargle b. I don't want to Level one 1to 100 if I did, c. I only have Prize Money O-Power Lv. 1, and d. I need to find a Secret Base with both Happy Hour and Pay Day to use Sketch on.
__________________
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:26 AM   #1585
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,162
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I was wrong about Blissey bases.

After scrounging up six Lucky Eggs (and a seventh just because), I was finally ready to give some of these Blissey bases a challenge. And it turns out that the 20,000 experience points people were talking about weren't the maximum like in the Battle Château -- they were the minimum. Coupling Blissey's base experience points with a Lucky Egg and a Lv.3 Exp.Point O-Power means you get over 58,000 experience points per KOed Blissey, which is nearly equivalent to the total amount of experience points gained from the best possible Furisode Girl fight. (One of Nicolette, Rosalie, Ione, or Sabine, who have three Lv.65 or so Audino, each of which awards roughly 18,000 experience points @ O-power Lv.3 @ Lucky Egg.) I haven't bothered with Pokémon-Amie here since that would be a further (and apparently quite unnecessary) timesink, but with Amie's friendship bonus to experience point gains the up-leveling would only go even quicker. It's insane. In a good way.

For me personally, though, I'll say that I don't think I was wrong about horde battles. I really hate the hassle of going out to some route with a Sweet Scenter, using Sweet Scent, triggering a horde battle, sitting through the creature animations as their models load, having to select a wide attack, and having to manually keep track of how many EVs the Pokémon has gotten. You have to do the last part with Super Training modules too, somewhat, but it's a lot less bad. (It's a lot easier to keep track of where you are in an ST regimen without pen and paper.) For me personally, I think ST regimens are still the way to go. Which means I still need money for vitamins. Which means ORAS might still be letting me down there since I still haven't found anything that comes near to Diantha's ~$172,000 per fight or the Elite Four's ~$130,000 per fight (@ Amulet Coin @ Prize Power Lv.3). Might have to resort to the childhood tactic of farming the Elite Four for money. We'll see.

But yeah ... Blissey bases ... holy shit are these much friendlier to my private life than the Château was. No having to scour rooms for Furisodes ... no having to curse at the RNG for giving me tons of Barons and Viscounts ... no having to settle for minor Furisodes because the RNG was too stingy to generate the major ones for me ... This is going to be a huge time saver.
I was wrong about horde battles too. ......... But not entirely wrong! Just sort of wrong.

I realized yesterday that the math is heavily in favor of horde battles when you are entering battle with 4+ babies on your squad who are all in need of that same EV. So for example, say I've got two Fletchling, a Zigzagoon, and a Gastly (as I do) and I'm wanting to get 252 Speed EVs for them (which I am). The breakdown is as follows:
Time to get one (1) Pokémon from 0 EVs to 252 EVs in two stats:
  • Super Training w/ Vitamins: ~30 minutes
  • Horde Battles: ~44 minutes
    • ~22 horde battles (because I don't like to use Pokérus, so it's 25 points per battle x 10 battles per stat, and an eleventh battle per stat to snag those final 2 EVs) multiplied by ~2 minutes per battle cycle, from being on the overworld map about to use Sweet Scent to returning to the overworld map from a battle well fought, which comes out to ~44 minutes
Time to get four (4) Pokémon from 0 EVs to 252 EVs in two stats:
  • Super Training w/ Vitamins: ~120 minutes
    • because ~30 minutes times 4
  • Horde Battles: ~44 minutes
    • because you already had to do ~44 minutes to get one Pokémon there, but having three more on your squad adds literally nothing to your time requirements -- they all get the same EVs too
So effectively this means that if you're doing horde battles with 4+ babies, then each individual baby is virtually getting 252 x 2 EVs in about 11 minutes. Put another way, 44 minutes vs. 120 minutes means that horde battles would save me 76 minutes per quartet of Pokémon in need of full EV training.

So I'm actually going to try out some horde battles for Attack (three Pokémon) and Speed (four Pokémon). I'm then going to continue to use horde battles for another Pokémon, Squirtle, whose ST mode IIRC is the worst (the machine gun-style yellow minis) and who needs both HP and SpDef (which is a pain in the ass to ST train since ST training awards better points the more Atk or SpAtk you've invested). And then I'll continue to use good ol' Super Training to get a fifth Pokémon's, Gastly's, SpAtk up to 252 since they have a good ST training mode and ~10 minutes (it goes faster as you EV train, so it's ~10 rather than ~15) is still better than ~22 minutes.
Talon87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #1586
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,162
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
I really need in on Blissey bases but I haven't EV trained anything in a while because I'm aiming to fill the Pokedex (:o)
I asked MM earlier to share his Blissey bases with us and he kindly provided a download link for an image folder containing all of the Blissey bases created by trainer José. (You have your choice of numerous Singles, Doubles, and Triples offerings on different routes.) I used the QR codes for the Secret Meadow and Secret Shore, a) because I wanted the convenience of having all the training spots grouped together and b) because they were Triples format and that seems to be the best format. So I currently have twelve Blissey bases on my Omega Ruby save file. And while this means I'm restricted to only having three more bookmarked bases (one of which is currently MM's, leaving me with two), I'm honestly so impressed with the Blissey bases that I'm contemplating reducing my number of them from 12 to something slightly smaller like 7, 8, or 9. They're ridiculously efficient if you know what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
>Talon

Huh I guess I never looked into O-Powers because I didn't want to make the game easier than it already is. But yeah if I ever get into breeding a competitive team then that does sound super helpful.
See, that's the problem! I didn't really look into them either until I was nearing the end of my Pokémon Y playthrough and I started to notice that people on WiFi were requesting or giving away a "Hatching O-Power." As a breeder, I knew I had to have this power. I had always thought of the O-Powers as training wheels for shitty gamers, because the ones they shove down your throat first are the laughably unnecessary stat-boosting O-Powers. But once I realized there was an O-Power that could help me reduce the time it takes to hatch eggs, I knew I had to get on the ball.

But if you weren't a breeder, and if you weren't a completionist, then you probably never bothered with O-Powers throughout the entirety of Pokémon X and Y. You wouldn't have needed to have Capture Power Lv.3 because, as a not completionist, you probably didn't bother with catching all the legendaries. (And besides: even if you did, XY didn't have that many capturable legendaries for you to be inconvenienced by anyway.) You wouldn't have needed Hatching Power Lv.3, Prize Power Lv.3, or Exp.Point Power Lv.3 because, as a not breeder, you didn't need help reducing the time it takes to hatch eggs, increasing the money gained from battles, or increasing the experience points gained from battles, all of which are of great use to a breeder who wants to create a squad of competitive Pokémon and raise them to Level 100 in as quick and efficient a manner as possible.

Well now you know! And knowing's half the battle! You'll want to max out every possible O-Power in XY to Level 3, iirc, to unlock Hatching Power. In ORAS, I think you only need get them to Level 2 to cycle through the men who award various powers? (I know I don't have everything at Level 3 in ORAS right now yet already have every single possible O-Power in the game, having completed the O-Power sidequest.) The O-Powers you'll most want to have at Level 3 are:
  • Hatching Power: halves the time it takes to hatch eggs
  • Prize Money Power: doubles the prize money awarded at the end of each battle; stacks with Amulet Coin, writs (XY), and Happy Hour
  • Exp. Point Power: doubles EXP gains; stacks with Lucky Egg
  • Capture Power: doubles the capture rate; handy for when you're capturing legendaries and insist on them being in ordinary balls for shameless bragging purposes
The rate at which O-Power baubles regenerate is roughly one bauble every 5 minutes, so if you have the day off and you're planning on doing a lot of breeding, it's usually a good idea to take your 3DS, place it in a backpack, sling the backpack over your shoulders, and go for a walk around your neighborhood or campus. Roughly thirty minutes of walking translates into 4,000 steps, which translates into the maximum 4x modifier for bauble regeneration. Means you get a full meter of O-Power baubles back in about 12 minutes rather than 50. While not strictly necessary, this greatly increases your efficiency while grinding for EXP or money in the Battle Château (XY). It's not all that necessary if you're planning on playing ORAS and using horde battles instead of Super Training. You won't need the money for vitamins, and you won't need fast bauble regeneration for Blissey Bases either. (Very easy to fight two bases back to back and then just put the 3DS down to do something else for thirty minutes while you wait for the baubles to come back.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
Yeah Money is really just too hard to come by.

What apparently works is activate Lv. 3 Money O-Power, get a Level 100 Smeargle with Happy Hour and Pay Day. Fly to Safari Zone, beat up Gentleman Walter, fly to North Route 104, beat up Lady Cindy, cycle down through Petalburg Woods to South Route 104, beat up Rich Boy Winston.
Repeat ad infinitum.

250,000+ Money plus whatever you make through Pay Day in 3 minutes.
Just have to move around a bit to recharge their Rematches.
Also have to give Smeargle some Attack EVs so Pay Day actually deals damage.
What's the point in bothering with Pay Day? It awards so little money, I thought, as to not even be worth using. (Yeah, it's only $5,000 extra at Level 100.) Wouldn't you be better off just using Happy Hour and then the strongest attack possible (say Judgment for Singles) to just go ahead and nuke everything as quickly as possible? Putzing around with Pay Day, which is such an incredibly weak move, just seems like a colossal waste of one's time.

And when you say "$250,000 in three minutes," is that $250,000 just from defeating one trainer? Or is that $250,000 from defeating all three trainers? Because I'll take you up on that bet that you are not going through your prescribed course of Safari Zone, Walter, Rustboro, Route 104, Cindy, Petalburg Woods, Route 104, Winston in just three minutes, even with battle animations turned off, if you're KO'ing all these dudes by using Pay Day. ^^; Even using an assured OHKO move like Lv.100 Surf or Earthquake or some such, I'd think your recommended course would take the most competent trainers at least 90 to 120 seconds per trainer, so roughly 4.5 to 6 minutes total.

If it's $250,000 gained from a single trainer, that's really good. The best XY offers is Diantha @ Lv.3 Prize Power @ Amulet Coin @ Happy Hour, which is ~$344,000. I don't have Happy Hour on XY, though, so my limit is ~$172,000. But Diantha spawns randomly, and the next best is Elite Four members (@ ~$260,000 maximum, and ~$130,000 for me) followed by gym leaders (@ ~$200,000 maximum, and ~$100,000 for me). XY still wins since a) Diantha offers more money than anyone we've discussed and b) XY gathers all of these cash cows under one roof in the Battle Château, but if ORAS at least provides three regenerable $250,000 battles then that's good.

If it's $250,000 total gained from all three trainers, then yeesh, that's really bad. Without Happy Hour that falls to only $125,000. ... Which is less than I can get from a single E4 member in XY's Battle Château.

Guess it's a good thing that I might be starting to do a little more horde training now, huh? Yikes. Going to have to scrimp and save if I want to hit $8.8 million like where I'm currently sitting in XY ...
Talon87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:09 PM   #1587
dirkac
Did I f-f-fucking stutter
 
dirkac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Some shitty keep.
Posts: 1,366
Maths:
Gentleman Walter has a base giveout of 20k, with a 10% chance of giving a Nugget.
Lady Cindy has a base givout of 11k, with a 10% chance of giving a Luxury Ball.
Rich Boy Winston is the same as Cindy.

That's 42k on a base. Happy Hour makes it 84. Amulet Coin makes it 168. O-Power makes it 336.

I forgot the exact number last time, as it was supposed to be 350k, not 250k.

And it is feasible to OHKO with a Smeargle if it has an Attack Boosting Nature, max Attack IVs, and maxed out Attack EVs.



And that is the most.
Gentleman Walter gives out the highest amount of money in the entire game, and the Elite Four gives out less than this.
__________________
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.