Beautiful Savage vs Trot Away
3v3
Singles
Slapstick
Equiall 1
Switch = KO
72 HR DQ
Arena: Greenhouse
As our combatants enter the arena, a light blue portal with a golden ring floating around it appears in roughly the center of the arena. With out warning, a young man with shoulder-length dark brown hair, glasses, and wearing a regulation referee uniform emerges from the portal before it disappears. " So, a greenhouse huh. Lets just hope this doesn't mess with my seasonal allergies. Anyway, to my right we have Savvy and to my left, we have Trot, both of which have defeated me in battle, so this should be interesting. I am Goose and I'll be reffing for you two today. If either of you have any questions, comments, conserns, or notice any mistakes, feel free to let me know or ask them. You both should know the order." He says.

Lets see Savvy's squad first
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:49 AM   #2
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

This ought to be fun. Good luck Trot, and thanks for reffing Goose. Let's keep this one PG, yeah?

Bringing Beedrillite, attached to Shia the Beedrill.

---

Toph: Level 1 Female Cubone
Biography: Pending
Signature
Pending
Hidden Power: Pending

Camela Anderson (Cam): Level 1 Female Numel
Signature
Pending

Shelly: Level 1 Female Turtwig
Signature
Pending

Shia: Level 1 Male Beedrill
Signature
Pending
Item: Beedrillite

Polaris: Level 1 Genderless Magnemite
Signature
Pending
Hidden Power: Rock

Spike: Level 1 Male Squirtle
Signature
Pending

---

Let's make this match a good one.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:15 PM   #3
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Hey, its here! Thank you for taking the opportunity, Goose. Well met, Beautiful Savage. Let's see which one of us is better at what they do! Oh, but some of my pokemon have special abilities, I wonder what you'll make of that...?

Oh, and the following hold item is in effect:

Items:
Spoiler: show
Audinite
This item allows Audino to Mega Evolve into Mega Audino when held during battle. Attached to: Perksie

Alright, everybody. I choose you:

Runia - Shiny Vulpix, Female, Level 1 This is my element, i'm glad you brought me!
Bio/Signature
Bio: This Fairweather Fox is also a little odd. Especially since I found her when I got lost in a deep forest. She just up and greeted me with a sultry smile on her face. Her and her oddly colored tails were very wanting when I encountered her...it was that they just wanted to talk. I was relieved and we had a chit-chat. Turns out that all the pokemon in her freaky forest are special, and she was pretty up there when it comes to being familiar with nature! But she wanted more, to see new places, see new creatures, and discover things beyond the woods! Before I could leave, she asked one more thing: If I could take her with me. I gladly agreed, and we trotted along out the woods together. She is generally gentle to everyone, but is one heck of a tree-hugger. Be careful if you're planning to dig out a flowerbed or something...
Signature Tech: Runia is unlike most Vulpix, it's no surprise when you've spent so long in a special forest. She brags that residing so long in her enchanted habitat has altered her affinity, and given her new powers to boot! But one time when I was getting rid of some weeds, I got set upon with fireballs by that fox! Thinking they were useful plants, she knocked me out of the way and planted them back, ruining my hard work! I noticed that the fire she attacked me with didn't seem to burn any natural foliage...is that another result of her alterations? After I explained what I was doing, she was a little embarrassed. It didn't occur to me that she was so fangirlish over flora...
Special Training: Nature-Lover with a Heart of Fire!(Fire/Grass)
Runia is now a Fire/Grass Type, with all the related Weaknesses and resistances. Adaptations from her forest had given her new moves at her disposal. Namely Magical Leaf, Synthesis, Bullet Seed, and Forest's Curse (Although she can only use the last item mentioned once in a battle). Additionally, her Fire attacks are enchanted and will not bring harm to things from more natural environments such as trees or flowers. (They will still work normally on objects and structures created by [or even part of] another pokemon).

Her serene attitude seems to have dulled her deceptive talents, so such moves will work as normally as any pokemon. She also never learned Overheat, Will-O-Wisp, Fire Blast, or Foul Play

Hidden Power: Ice

Perksie - Audino, Male, Level 1 Hello there. Be careful not to touch any suspicious plants.
Bio
Bio: He's the kind of Audino who does his best to keep an ear out and a hand on everything! Perksie is always open to listen and see if he can't cure what's ailing you, therefore he's a big help among the others. Despite his modesty, shyness and girly appearance, he is quite adept at what he can do, especially keeping things in order and making sure everyone's in tip top shape.

Hidden Power: Steel
Holding: Audinite

Xai Mei - Meinfoo, Female, level 1 Shall we begin?
Bio/Signature
Bio: This somewhat stoic pokemon come out of nowhere when I was exploring in the East, she saw...something in me and said that she wishes to tag along. I still think she was flattering me, but I was more than happy to oblige. She is always calm and has a sense of honor and discipline about her, and is partial to the nonsense of the others. She is not above mingling and playing with everyone else, although she tends to keep up a sense of decency.
Signature Tech:
There was a time where one of my other pokemon, I think it was Junior, would poke and pester her to no end while she was taking a break. He even started roaring, teasing, jumping out of nowhere, and moonwalking(don't ask...), but Xai Mei held fast and would not budge. Junior, despite his energy, proclaimed, "Aww, you're no fun!" and eventually gave up. This made me think how useful that extreme state of calm would be...hmm...

Special Training: Stalwart and Stoic (Fighting)
Being always calm, collected, and clear-minded, Xai Mei is extremely resistant to mental anomalies and statuses. This also extends to resisting certain Curses such as Taunt and Torment as well. Additionally, her about wits let her track an opponent's movements better than most pokemon, having a better chance to see through illusions and trickery such as Double Team clones or Substitutes, under suitable circumstances. As she is already pretty focused as it is, she foregoes using Calm Mind, Meditate, Detect, or Power-Up Punch.

Hidden Power: Rock

Taffy - Goomy, Male, Level 1 Do you really think we could take 'em on?
Bio/Signature
Bio: This fellow was found in some wetlands where the ground there was thickest and most wet. I was wandering about where he plopped onto my head and surprised me quite so! After which he just stuck with me, in more ways than one! This pliable playhouse prefers to be perky. Though it doesn't take much to have his feelings hurt, and tends to throw a fit here and there whenever he doesn't get his way...He may be a little soft-hearted(and really soft-bodied), but I don't really mind! Although things obviously get messy when he gets affectionate...

Signature Tech: Speaking of, he sure loves to cause trouble with his special slime. He's been giving off much stronger secretions than usual lately, it makes a huge mess of my house like you'd never believe! Not to mention he's been very physically active, playfully making slick escapes and giving my friends the slip. We're unsure of how he's been getting so slippery, it probably might have something to do with being exposed to some oils on a trip. Either way, he's not as sluggish as you expect a pokemon like him would be anymore, in fact, quite the opposite!

Special Training: Slippery Skates (Various)
Thanks to extra layers of his slime lining his membrane, Taffy is considerably quicker and agile than typically seen from his species. Additionally, moving around will leave sticky slime trails that, if crossed, will halt the movements of most pokemon who are not surefooted or wet and slimy. He also seems to have picked up new moves at his disposal; namely Aqua Jet, Rapid Spin, Flame Charge, Quick Guard, and Fake Out. However, he won't use Outrage or Blizzard, as he seems to dislike that for some reason. As a Goodra, he won't use Focus Punch or Giga Impact either because those moves try his patience too.

Hidden Power: Fairy

Walden - Rotom, Level 1 Right! I am running the calculations as we speak...
Bio
This crazy ball of energy came to me when I noticed my computer was acting strangely. They popped out of nowhere when I was trying to reboot it, not to mention scared me silly! Apparently they were intrigued with the interesting stuff on the system, and inquired that the owner has quite the imagination. While I was flattered, I wasn't too keen on the idea of a pervasive Plasma Phantom penetrating my PC on a regular basis...But they insist they mean no harm, and an unlikely supporter in Boinko vouched for them too. I was convinced and allowed them to hang out! Walden just loves the electronics in my house, and can be quite the computer nerd as well. Don't be surprised if they utter technological terms and whatnot!

Hidden Power: Grass

Boinko - Grumpig, Male, Level 1 You do that. We're counting on you Trot. Boing boing!
Bio
With a distinct "Boing" everywhere he goes, Boinko always looks forward with a literal bounce in his step. He's friendly enough, but is kind of a know-it-all! He doesn't mean to be rude, but his habit of bouncing in and telling you how something didn't work often irritates the others. Still, it always helps to have somebody spring me along when i'm stuck!

Hidden Power: Dark

-

I feel so at home here. I'll take the pleasure in battling first!

Actually, Runia, I don't think now is a good time. I think i'm going to think outside of the box a little.

Oh? What do you mean?

I mean I want Walden to take point and battle first! Zip high up into the trees, my plasma pal.

Command acknowledged! Taking requested position.

Ok, i'll just watch carefully and make sure you don't ruin the flora...

Walden will be careful. We just have to see what our opponent has in mind...
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:42 PM   #4
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Haha, the pleasure is all mine, Trot. By the way, it's okay to call me Sav or Savvy if you'd like. Also, I love the name Walden. Great choice.

I'm going to go against my better judgement here, but I think it's about time that Toph makes her debut. Use Bonemerang to force Rotom ethereal, then smash him with an Earth Power between the Bonemerang hits.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:46 PM   #5
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Heehee! He's no ordinary Ghost type, but super-fast plasma too. Walden, let's demonstrate.

Demonstration mode active! What's my input?

Get elusive around the Cubone's Boomerang and unleash your Hidden Power, this energy should be seared into her memory a good bit as you zip out of reach...That's when you'll shine a Confuse Ray in her direction. Get to it!

Executing!
Old 04-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #6
Goose
Cascade Badge

Round 1: Earthbending

Two balls are thrown and a bright flash of light happens, reveiling the first combatants, Toph (who I'm assuming to be a reference to The Last Airbender) the Cubone for Savvy, and for Trot, Walden the Rotom.

Hearing some rustling around in the trees above her, Toph throws her Bone in a manner similar to a boomerang. Walden notices some of the foliage infront of him appear to seperate, reveiling a bone coming straight for him. Following his orders, Walden is able to dodge the first strike of the bone. Thinking that he is safe, Walden creates several green orbs of a Power Hidden deep with in him. These orbs quickly hit Toph, causing her to wince in pain. Walden notices the bone returning for him and quickly shifts into his ethereal state. Toph, somehow, notices this and, as soon as she catches her bone, she causes a pillar of Earthly Power to rise up from under Walden. Following his orders again, Walden zips upwards attempts to dodge the power. He only gets lightly grazed and fires off his Confuse Ray, which hits Toph leaving her confused.

Summary

Toph took a large hit and is confused. She is good for two.

Walden has a lead in health. He is good for two.

Trot, you move
Old 04-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #7
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(Oh, by the way, a Rotom's state is Plasma [Like Ethereal, except they take less damage.]. They don't have any other states otherwise! Any Ghost hit physically in that state would take half the damage they would have.)

Haha! The demonstration was successful. Bzzt!

Nice work! Now that she's ailing, a Hex attack will be pretty handy! Do it, Walden. Make like a virus and exploit the vulnerability! Use Ominous Wind while you use the trees for cover, maybe you'll get lucky and get an upgrade!

Performance enhancements are estimated at roughly 10%, but i'll run it anyway.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:56 PM   #8
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Alright Toph, sorry about this, but I'm going to need to ask you to take the Hex. That should dispell your confusion. After that, use an Earth Power. Finish up with a Stealth Rock.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #9
Goose
Cascade Badge

(Thanks for clearing that up Trot, I'll keep that in mind)

Round 2: Blind Bone, Plasmic Ghost

Walden takes his time and creates a Hexing ball of spectral energy. This ball heads towards and hits Toph, and seems to take more damage from it. Thankfully, her mind is now clear from confusion. Toph channels energy through the ground and another pillar of Earthen Power under Walden. His plasmic state reduces the damage some but he still winces in pain. An Ominous feeling blows along with a Wind that Walden produces. This wind strikes Toph, pushing her back slightly. However, Walden doesn't feeling any stronger. This doesn't detur Toph as she Stealthily creates some Rocks around Walden's position as the round ends.

Summary

Walden still has the health lead. He is good for two.

Toph took the most damage, and is still barely in her first third.
She is good for two.

Savvy, your move
Old 05-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #10
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(Also note that Earth Power is a Special attack. So if an Ethereal(-ish) Ghost were to be hit, they would take more damage.

But even then, just how high is that attack's reach so that it's able to hit something high up in a tree?? last time I checked it's not as high reaching as it's being made out to be...)
Old 05-01-2016, 10:58 AM   #11
Goose
Cascade Badge

I'm reffing that Its high enough that it hits him on the bottom but if you want me to change that, I can and I'll keep the earth power thing in mind
Old 05-01-2016, 12:06 PM   #12
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(Nay! If it turns out they're still getting hit, i'll just try to act accordingly. I'm just surprised i got that lucky...*Sheepish chuckle*)
Old 05-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #13
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Ancient Power then Hidden Power.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #14
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Uh oh! Those are going to hurt, I think...

Let me analyze the situation...Fair threat detected! Defensive measures are recommended.

Yeah, a Light Screen should take both of her attacks! We can't let up, blow her away with Shadow Ball too!
Old 05-06-2016, 04:56 PM   #15
Goose
Cascade Badge

(Sorry for the delay guys)

Round 3: Movie Magic

Toph figures its time for a staple earthbending ability; throwing rocks. She summons the Power of the Ancients and a rock appears in front of her. She gives this rock a good smack with her bone, which sends it flying towards Walden. Luckly for him, he is able to bring a Screen of Light out of seemingly nowhere. The screen blocks most of the attack, with a few cracks appearing where the rock hit. Slightly angered at this, Toph taps into a Power that is Hidden deep within her. She creates several muddy brown orbs which she fires off at Walden. Again, the screen blocks it, leaving a few more cracks, which Walden chuckles at. Now deciding to take the offensive, Walden creates a Ball of Shadows. This orb hits Toph and sends her backwards.

Summary

Toph is now in her second third. She would like a break.

Walden didn't take any damage. His Psychic could bring another Light Screen once this one is broken. He would like a break.

Trot, your move
Old 05-06-2016, 08:35 PM   #16
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Whew, that was close! You may not be as bothered by all attacks, but Special attacks are a different story...We'd better use more caution!

Acknowledged, initiating evasive maneuvers. Let's see how they like my Double Team program!

Let all of you escape into the underbrush, don't let her get you!
Old 05-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #17
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Well that sucked. Use Bonemerang to break the screen and hit two of the clones.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:14 AM   #18
Goose
Cascade Badge

Round 4: Cloning

Walden, wanting to confuse his opponent, begins to move back and forth rapidly, causing several Doubles to come into existance. There are now a Team of four Rotom now just chilling up in the tree. Toph, feed up with Walden's shanangins, throws her Bone like a boMerang again. It flies through the trees and hits the Rotom on the far left and the third one. Both vanish into thin air, indicating that Toph only hit two clones. The sound of breaking glass is also heard.

Summary

Neither side took damage.

Walden is now just into his second third of energy. He is good for two. He no longer has his Light Screen

Toph is also just into her second third of energy. She is good for two.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:51 PM   #19
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Sorry for the wait. Use that Bonemerang trick again, then hit the real one with another Hidden Power. Sorry for the boring orders lol.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:33 AM   #20
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

She loves that using that bone as a Boomerang, and is pretty darn good at it too! Why don't you Spite her for it, then?

Uploading.

We can't afford to get hit, zip in and Sucker Punch her good. No way can we let her unleash that Special attack!
Old 05-13-2016, 06:58 PM   #21
Goose
Cascade Badge

Round 5: Okay, then

Toph performs a repeat of last round and throws her Bone like a booMerang again. This time she manages to hit the real Walden, causing the plasmic ghost to shriek in pain and his remaining clone to vanish. Deciding to get some payback and Spites Toph for hitting him. Toph, despite feeling tired from the spite, starts to prepair her Hidden Power. Walden has a different idea, and zips in, hitting Toph with a Sucker Punch

Summary

Toph is just outside her final third of health. She is good for two.

Walden is at the end of his first third of health. He is good for two.

Last edited by Goose; 05-14-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:14 PM   #22
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(Come to think of it, I don't think Spite would tire her out already, considering she just had a break.

Also, did my pokemon take so much damage to get THAT much of a reaction? I know it's still super effective, but Physical attacks shouldn't be effecting them that hugely...)
Old 05-14-2016, 06:49 AM   #23
Goose
Cascade Badge

Trot, I'm sorry for that. Fixed, does it look better
Old 05-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #24
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(That seems better. Cheers!)

Are you ok, Walden?? By your reaction that must have hurt real bad!

That was...a reflex, I think! But I am, as you say, still in this!

Are you sure? That sounded pretty harsh, even for you...Get away from her now, zip quickly high up into the trees with a bolt of Agility!

Chances of success is currently an inconclusive variable.

In other words, you don't know if that'll work or not? Well, give her something to think about too by blowing forth an Ominous Wind!

Will do.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:42 PM   #25
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.

Use a couple more Hidden Powers. Sorry for the wait, I'll be back up to speed now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL