Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Time Out

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 08:43 AM   #12401
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
I LIKE TRAINS
I LIKE RED TRAINS? DO YOU LIKE RED TRAINS?!
Old 04-07-2016, 08:44 AM   #12402
Snorby
Snackin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Savage View Post
Can we stop discussing DT and his one week ban? There's no real reason to and he'll read over all this when he comes back anyway so let's all just move on.

I'm planning on reffing stuff this afternoon. Sorry to people who've been waiting for me.
Yeah all of my this. Regardless of if you agree with the ban or not, I can guarantee squabbling about it in the middle of the TO does nothing useful and just sets the stage for Apost's return to be awkward and uncomfortable for absolutely everyone.

So, yeah

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:05 AM   #12403
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
DT's return is already going to be awkward enough, I think that's clear. Also, he was literally banned in the middle of TO. It's going to be talked about. Sadly, I think the LOs keep too much to themselves for us to really have a solid talk about what's acceptable and what's not behaviorally, and while I can definitely see their point of view on a forum like UPN, I also really don't agree with it, and I think if it leads to incidents like this it's...just not a great idea. Albeit with EG's banning it was done much better, and then there was Miror's modding, but quite frankly think what a person who just walked into the TO would think, and let's face it there's a huge difference between TO humour and what just happened.

It's well known that I am really not a fan of "I am uncomfortable talking about this valid issue, let's ignore it." But of course I suppose there are few things that are uncomfortable enough for me to not talk about so sure. I just don't think what happened is remotely a good idea. And you know what, I really am fucking angry with DT for creating such an environment in the first place. But that really doesn't mean that we can ignore it because he's not permabanned and you know what, I don't care if DT reads this, but he has shown no inclination of ever learning from his mistakes.

Okay. If you want to continue talking about this topic, do. If you don't, don't. This should go without saying, but I've had enough experience with talking about uncomfortable things in TO to know that it does not.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #12404
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Well let's be honest we'll all agree to not talk about it than I dunno maybe six hours later some curmudgeon will bring it up either here or in the Skype TO and we'll all go back into the anti-DT circlejerk that happens.

Also noting that some people had a GRAND old time discussing about it and DT's previous behavior in the Skype TO and are massive flaming hypocrites.

Just kind of sad this EG level toxicity has risen again but I seriously blame the old guard for this.

Fuck these crabs
Old 04-07-2016, 09:15 AM   #12405
Connor
Who Knows?

How can you blame the old guard when, if I'm going to be brutally honest, there are only a few of them left and frankly even fewer who participate in bashing DT?

I'm one of the first to defend the git when he's a cunt and frankly he has lately been a bit ridiculous. Don't try and act as if it's a problem isolated to just the old guard though. There are frankly much worse things coming from much newer members.

I'm mostly removed from general matters of ASB nowadays and avoid the TOs for a reason, so I don't mind what you think of me and I'm sure you consider me to be the root of more than a few problems. What you just said about the old guard is horseshit though, and that is coming from someone who is more than happy to criticise the vets when they're being fuckers.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:21 AM   #12406
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

No its really fucking not when you have people like Cele and Dave constantly shitting on DT and asking for him to be banned.

Like yes, some of our newer members are bigger assholes than we like to think but don't go acting like the vets are totally blameless on this.

Fuck these crabs
Old 04-07-2016, 09:33 AM   #12407
Sparkbeat
Best Beaver

He never said they were blameless, but he's right in that it's not completely their fault. I'm not old guard. I'll admit I was friends with EG when he was still around. I disagree with, but still show respect and am amiable with DT. However, I've said it before and will say it again, I think DT should have been banned immediately upon showing up, and that whoever was in charge made the wrong decision on letting him stay around. There's a clear rule against alts. That rule was ignored. Nothing against DT, but he should have been banned because of that policy. On the same note, I disagreed with the EG permaban, but that's irrelevant. But yeah, heaping all the blame on the old guard isn't right, or at least not for the reasons that you just brought up with Cele and Dave, Emi. Everyone does that. For me, the problem with the old guard is that DT gets banned for actions like these, whereas when Sneaze does things like this, nothing happens. If you want to blame the old guard, blame them for allowing things like that to pass with no repercussions (that are visible to the public at least).

But yeah, I'm not super involved anymore etc etc so I'm just making observation based on what I've seen in the past and recent weeks.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #12408
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

>Ask everyone to stop
>people reply yeah good idea then continue.

Seriously guys. Come on. This conversation goes nowhere every time it happens and just makes everyone salty. There's no point.

So I need sigs for chinchou, flaaffy, a rotom form I haven't decided but I'm think base, and idk electrode maybe. Any ideas?
Old 04-07-2016, 09:41 AM   #12409
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: to the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
>Electrode

Explosions, lots* of them, shrapnel going everywhere...
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko

Last edited by Chiko; 04-07-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #12410
Sparkbeat
Best Beaver

Give Chinchou the ability to extend its antennae really far and use punching moves with them.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #12411
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Can I make it so it can nuke everything but not die?

And chinchou would be like wrecking balls!
Old 04-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #12412
Emi
>tfw life and wife goals

lmao at "i'm not super involved anymore but I'm going to yell at you"

I literally just yelled at people yesterday for suggesting that we ban DT because he was "inappropriately posting in S&I" (he wasn't) despite ignoring that at least three other people did it otherwise.

Don't act like I'm not aware of the bullshit that goes on in ASB, I am much more than you are Spark, but I also know that a lot of the toxicity was introduced by older members who were around when EG was around.

BS you were one of those people I called out so stop.

Fuck these crabs
Old 04-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #12413
S_M
Volcano Badge

Send a message via AIM to S_M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Savage View Post
>Ask everyone to stop
>people reply yeah good idea then continue.

Seriously guys. Come on. This conversation goes nowhere every time it happens and just makes everyone salty. There's no point.

So I need sigs for chinchou, flaaffy, a rotom form I haven't decided but I'm think base, and idk electrode maybe. Any ideas?
My Lanturn can fly, you can put a spin on that if you want. And Electrode explosions are a great idea
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
Old 04-07-2016, 09:53 AM   #12414
Sparkbeat
Best Beaver

I mean I don't think I was yelling, and I brought up the S&I thing because you didn't mention it here, just that some of them shit talk DT a lot which doesn't really separate them from the flock. And yeah, I've talked about him when he does stupid shit. Sometimes people do stupid shit. Doesn't mean you can't still be at least acquaintances/friends. I've done dumb things that people have probably had a rant session about. Doesn't mean we suddenly aren't friends.

Use them to swing from things into people lmao
Old 04-07-2016, 09:55 AM   #12415
Jerichi
本✚能

Wow so next time I make a ruling or decision or ban can we please bring your concerns to me privately instead of starting fights in the TO?
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Time Out