UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
Sparkbeat
Best Beaver
 
Sparkbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,233
TJI Round 1: Deebs Vs. Dave

The dazzling rays of the warm, ocean sun beat down on the city of Sootopolis in the midst of the afternoon. The normal hustling and bustling of the crater-dwellers living in the city has ceased for the day; the general populace gathering around the coastline, peering out into the waters in anticipation for what's to come. On the walls of nearly every shop and home in the city are sheets of paper advertising the exciting event. They read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advertisement
Tri-Jewel Invitational - Round 1
Water Gym Leader Deebs Vs. Former Dark and Fish Gym Leader Dave
2v2 Singles
Equilevel
Hidden Squad
96 Hr DQ
Switch = OK
Slapstick
Pre Gen VI typecharts
Sootopolis City - Bay (Outdoor Arena) - The cool, shallow, salty bay in the center of the Sootopolis crater, fed by the cool currents that churn in the crevices below. Despite the series of caves and crevices below sealevel, the rather large pool in the center of the city is ony a handful of yards deep, a little shallower than the average swimming pool. On either side of the pool, there are grassy areas that run up against the cliffs of the city, though they're blocked off by mysterious forcefields. In roughly the center of the city, a little set back, there is an island that holds the Sootopolis Gym, taking up a significant chunk of the area.
---

Suddenly, the earth beneath Sootopolis shakes violently. The countless men and women lining the steam room crash into each other or fall to the ground as the earth continues to tremor until finally ceasing, leaving the room a mess. Grunting, one man rises before the rest, his toned body clearly leagues above the rest. The people of the room whine as their sex god leaves the room (one man in particular squealing more than the others), but despite their complaining, the chill, collected leader knows he has a job to do. He swiftly dries himself off in the sexiest of fashions, helping to calm his followers, before donning the tightest, smallest of speedos. As he scrambles up the steps to surface level, the ground tremors yet again, prompting the man to break into a sprint. Once he reaches the top of the flight, he bursts out the door of his Water Gym, eliciting countless screams and cheers of adoration from the many fans lining the coast from all sides, though some of it may have just been relief that someone who could do something about the quakes had finally shown up. Even the ancient tenders to the cave of Origins expressed their delight in seeing their beloved Gym Leader. Deebs simply waves to them all and flashes a smile, relaxing them all and making all of the girls, and a fair amount of the guys, swoon in delight. But now, he focuses himself on the waters in front of him. A final tremor hits, and Deebs notices the people tremble in fear, though they somehow manage to avoid falling into the water, almost as if a barrier had been erected blocking off the outer land from the basin of the city. He isn't given much time to dwell on it, however, as without warning, a massive, hulking form emerges from the depths. The muddy spike is the first thing to break the surface, followed by the much larger than average clay colored head of the colossal Relicanth. The primordial fishbeats stares down the resident Gym Leader with it's beady red eye, and Deebs knows his opponent has finally revealed himself, the crowd now left in absolute awe of the titan their hero must conquer. Suddenly, the colossus opens his maw to full extension, revealing a sitting figure inside. Cap down over his bearded face, he looks up at his opponent, hand reaching behind him to draw forth his trusty rod, Pokéball dangling at the end of the line. With the other hand, he raises his cap, and flashes his opponent a grin before his carrier slinks backwards so that his caudal fin touches the boundary stone surrounding the city. Moving nimbly, Dave comes to rest atop his behemoth, and both competitors draw their first Pokéball.

---

RNG has determined Dave will order first after the hidden round, and I'll need PM's from the both of you so we can kick this thing off!
Sparkbeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:59 AM   #2
Sparkbeat
Best Beaver
 
Sparkbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,233
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebs
Jeanne: Female Medicham [Level 3]
Hidden Power Steel

"Jeanne, lead off. Meditate first. Hi Jump Kick if your foe is within melee range, otherwise Psychic wave, intercepting any projectiles if possible."
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy
Clive: Level 6 Male Sceptile
Hidden Power: Fire

"Clive, kick this off. Spread a Grassy Terrain over the island, then launch an Energy Ball. If we're facing a Mawile, swap that for Hidden Power."


Both battlers release their selected champion of Hoenn, and suddenly, the grassy area in front of the gym is lit up in a scarlet shimmer. When the flash dies down, it reveals two bipedal Pokemon standing a couple meters from each other, Deebs's Medicham on one end, and Dave's Sceptile towards the other. The two warriors stare each other down briefly before suddenly turning their attention away from the other, both looking to do some preparations before the fighting truly commences. Closing her eyes, Jeanna brings her feet together as she hovers just off the ground, focusing intently on awakening her own true strength, something that will surely aid her in this fight. Meanwhile, Clive's right fist emits a green shimmer before he gives it an underhanded throw, casting a shower of small particles of emerald energy across the gym's front lawn. As the jade energy touches the ground, thick grass immediately sprouts up, invigorating the grass type as his nerves are put at ease. Now focusing on his foe, he puts his hands together, moving them in a circular motion as a shimmering green orb appears between them, steadily growing in size. Jeanna touches back down just in time to see the sphere rocket towards her. Her instincts prompt her to immediately release a powerful, yet somewhat difficult to see, wave of force, her eyes flashing as she does so. The orb from Clive pops as energy collides with it, though it's so close to Jeanne that the momentum manages to carry a few stinging wisps of energy from the popped ball into Jeanne's face, causing her to cringe a bit. Meanwhile, Clive digs his feet into the ground as the wave of energy pounds his face and chest. As the attack passes, he resets himself, feeling the invigorating effects of his environment. Sadly, Jeanne feels the same effect, being on the same patch of land as Clive. The Medicham has gotten the jump on her grass typed foe, but as I'm sure you both know, it's still anyone's game.
Sparkbeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:36 PM   #3
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast
 
DaveTheFishGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,257
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
"Launch a Seed Bomb spray as you back off slightly, then keep an eye out and try to dodge what you can."
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:47 AM   #4
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?
 
Deebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 1,867
Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
"Throw up a cubic Light Screen as you dive towards Clive, then light him up with a premeditated Poison Jab."
__________________
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #5
Sparkbeat
Best Beaver
 
Sparkbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,233
The exuberant roar of the crowd continues as the next round unfurls. Clive seemingly begins by transferring the glow from the wildly growing grass underneath him into his mouth, his cheeks expanding to temporarily house a few clusters of Grass energy. Jeanne clinches slightly as Clive throws his upper body forward, using all of his force to propel a barrage of emerald bombs across the grassy terrain. Acting swiftly as her foe releases the attack, Jeanna traces a square in front of her with her illuminated palm. She completes the polygon just as the seeds close in, repeatedly battering the translucent glow, now surrounding her as she rushes forwards. Braving the gunfire, Jeanna continues charging forwards, straight through the last couple of seeds, which her defenses continue to buffer. As his foe nears, Clive bends his knees slightly, swaying from side to side, ready to leap away at a moment's notice. As she closes in on her prey, Jeanne's right hand becomes enveloped with a trickle of toxins, a couple drops dripping from her hand and killing the lively grass below. Suddenly, she lunges forwards, going for the kill, but Clive is quick to leap back and to the side. The momentum of the punch brings Jeanna right by her opponent, stumbling forwards a bit before stopping herself and turning to face her foe. She spies the Sceptile just a few short feet from her, grimacing slightly with a small splotch of purple on his side, revealing a glancing hit, but he shakes it off quickly, making it obvious that while it was a strike, it was a pretty weak one. Luckily for him, the flourishing environment underneath him soon attempts to heal the wound left by Jeanna, mitigating the damage quite a bit, but helping his opponent a bit as well. Both competitors still seem rather lively, but Clive a tad more so. Jeanne's Poison energy is around the halfway mark, and she's retained her lead, though it's much closer.

Last edited by Sparkbeat; 03-24-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Sparkbeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:54 AM   #6
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?
 
Deebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 1,867
Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Just making sure that was a cubed Light Screen and not the generic screen version.
__________________
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:47 AM   #7
Sparkbeat
Best Beaver
 
Sparkbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,233
Being able to read is my specialty.
Sparkbeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #8
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?
 
Deebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 1,867
Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
"Just a Dynamic Punch for now. Remain wary."
__________________
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #9
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast
 
DaveTheFishGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,257
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
So I could order and wait for Spark to ref and then order again and wait out the DQ time and then DQ Deebs but that all sounds so tedious and boring so let's not go with that and just unilaterally DQ Deebs because he's not around anymore.

Promise not to do this next round.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:01 PM   #10
Sparkbeat
Best Beaver
 
Sparkbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,233
Your amazing stalling strategies never cease to amaze Dave.
Sparkbeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:07 PM   #11
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast
 
DaveTheFishGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,257
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
I am the greetist

Also you get 1 SP or something.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #12
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?
 
Deebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 1,867
Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Good job, Dave, you earned it.
__________________
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #13
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast
 
DaveTheFishGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,257
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
thnx bb
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Generic Tourney Forum


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.