UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Squad Maintenance

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 10:07 AM   #26
Crys
Optimistic

Slightly irked you pulled this the day before the GM "starts", but yeah, that sig needs to return to the dark abyss from which it came.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:01 PM   #27
Mercutio
Banned

Although this is partially Gamefreak's fault for creating Ditto, which is dull as all balls, yeah that sig is super awful lol.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:44 AM   #28
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Re: Ditto

This was mostly due to me not realising that the drawback of people not squadding decent things against said Ditto could be cheesed by using Ditto in doubles. Based on community feedback, the Ditto sig is retroactively rejected.

Also if the community en masse could simply not submit crack that would be nice.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:04 AM   #29
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

SilentReapers Salamence Sig (originally approved as a shelgon)
Approval Post
http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost...&postcount=409

Igneel-Level 5 Male Shelgon
Igneel never gives up and always tries to get stronger in order to protect what is dear to him. After losing his family, Igneel trained daily in order to become more powerful. Due to having the natural destructive force of a dragon, his physical capabilities have grown to be off the charts.

Power is all that matters:
All of Igneels physical attacks do an extra mild worth of damage, for 5% extra energy. He has also lost access to Iron defense, Hyper voice, Hydro pump, and Dragon breath.

First of all this is nothing personal. My problem with this sig is the amount of energy being used for such a boost. A milds worth of extra damage is equivalent to a 30% boost on a heavy energy move, for only a 5% energy increase. Apply this to something with a lower energy cost, fire fang for example, the boost in power climbs to around 45% for a 5% increase in energy usage. Any other time you see a sig like this the power increase to energy increase ratio is almost the exact same, like a 10% boost for 10% energy increase.

I feel like either the energy needs to be increased or the power needs to be lowered, possibly both. This sig is just totally broken and out of balance.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:19 PM   #30
Mercutio
Banned

Agree. Should be X per cent power for X per cent energy.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:30 PM   #31
SilentReaper
Thunder Badge

Yes it's buffed by this sig, however, Salamence is weak to a plethora of common types in ASB. Dragon, 3x Ice, Rock, and Fairy all beat it down, with a bunch of commonly used pokemon in ASB having access to most of these types as offtype. With almost everything having access to icywind due to move tutors, ice moves being included in extra coverage signatures, and hidden power Ice is also a fairly common HP in ASB, it shouldn't be overly difficult to take down.

If it is rejected Draco Meteor, Heat Wave, Twister and Roost can be taken out. As well as a 5% energy increase.

C Grade Referee
PASBL Squad
Old 01-13-2016, 07:46 PM   #32
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Agree. Should be X per cent power for X per cent energy.
All buffs are standardized at 5% energy increase for 10% buff, so this is wrong. Anyone doing it otherwise is...well doing buffs wrong.

Still doesn't stop this is a mildly OP sig, but still.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Old 01-17-2016, 06:36 AM   #33
Mercutio
Banned

No. SC buffs are standardised like that because otherwise SC buffs can be nerfs. We made that change a while back.

Actual buffs are standardised at X for X. Unless Shadow has changed his policy and not told anyone which is quote common.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #34
Snorby
Snackin'

Quote:
Boosts and Drops - Moves that raise or lower statistics in the ASB function somewhat differently from the games. Most moves raise or lower attack or defense one or more "stages"; each stage corresponds to a roughly 10% increase or decrease in the power of moves or the resistance to attacks. Multiple uses of boosting moves that affect the same stat will cause the boost to be considerably less when over two stages, rising at most to 25%. Boosts will fade over time, taking roughly 3 rounds for a stat to fall or rise from one stage to normal. This means that higher-level stat gains or drops will take longer to fade than lower-level modifications. Non-standard boost/drop moves like Belly Drum or Memento, which drastically change a stat, may not be affected by these rules in the same way. Boost in offensive stats cause increased use in general energy (5% per every 10% increase) but not Type energy, nor do they contribute to short-term exhaustion. Boosts in defensive stats cause a drop in overall speed and movement ability for their duration, but preserve reaction time. Alterations in speed change not only overall movement speed, but also affect reaction time, making it more or less difficult for the affected Pokémon to evade attacks or react to their environment.
This tidbit on the site suggests otherwise *shrug*

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:36 PM   #35
Connor
Who Knows?

Pretty much any Signature which gives a straight increment boost (i.e. Light, Mild) as opposed to X% or x1.X is going to most likely be broken. TKF did a pretty good job of illustrating how ridiculous it is.

For reference, Dragonite is one of if not the best Pokemon in the game. Having a x4 weakness should not automatically qualify you for a ludicrous Signature.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:44 PM   #36
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Pretty much any Signature which gives a straight increment boost (i.e. Light, Mild) as opposed to X% or x1.X is going to most likely be broken. TKF did a pretty good job of illustrating how ridiculous it is.

For reference, Dragonite is one of if not the best Pokemon in the game. Having a x4 weakness should not automatically qualify you for a ludicrous Signature.
It's actually a Salamence. Though Salamence is still a pretty fucking good pokemon.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:06 AM   #37
Zelphon
Happy October

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post

NOTE: The following procedure must be adhered to at all times.

- Upon finding a sig worth reporting, the user posts the sig in full; Pokemon, bio and all, and the post approving it in the sig approval thread. Ideally the user should explain in reasonable terms why the sig breaks the rules. The user must also notify the user in ownership of the sig by linking to the post challenging the sig in a message.

- The challenged user is permitted to make a single post in defence of the sig, explaining why the sig should be permitted and/or otherwise not changed or retroactively rejected.

- The League Official shall make the final decision in a single post summing up the rationale of the decision.

- Under no circumstances should other non-LO members post and clog up the thread.

- All of the above is to be conducted in a civil, non-confrontational manner.

Thank you for your kind attention.
Could you y'all just, not?

Old 01-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #38
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorby View Post
This tidbit on the site suggests otherwise *shrug*
Given that I think I wrote this you would think I would remember.

My bad!

Connor is still right though.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:29 AM   #39
Mercutio
Banned

Zelphon is right too.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:34 AM   #40
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Kush's Sunflora sig:
Quote:
Sunny, the female Sunflora; Sunny, despite belonging to a species even I_D wouldn't touch with a bargepole, is awesome. A veteran of the zombie wars, she's accustomed to facing down hordes of enemies while striving to get her job done. With the wars over, she turned her attention to ASB and found me out, requesting a ride into battle. A tribute to her sunny disposition was that, upon finding out that Grass types kind of suck balls, she immediately came to terms with virtual uselessness in the PASBL environment. And replaced with the righteous blinding fury.
Hidden Power: Fire.
Signature Move: "Solar Pwnage" (Grass); Sunny fires a vast coherent beam of pure and burning sunlight that lasts for several seconds and disintegrates whatever it touches. This includes but is not limited to enemy attacks, defensive barriers such as Protect or Light Screen (which it ignores completely), and any and all terrain or structures in the arena. The disintegration effect does not apply to enemy Pokémon, but the attack deals extreme damage for extreme energy, inflicting severe burns and producing terrific knockback. If the weather is sunny, the attack's cost is reduced to considerable energy. Solar Pwnage can be used twice per battle.
Honestly as cool as the move is (not that cool), it should probably not be twice as efficient in sunlight as otherwise, especially given the damage and all the effects tacked in on it. It's a lot easier to stick sun than it sounds. Bump up that portion to like major-severe energy and probably introduce some exhaustion anyways given that's relatively standard and the sig should be fine.

Even if it is a Sunflora.

Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Old 01-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #41
Mercutio
Banned

Major would be fine the exhaustion is kind of implicit.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:16 AM   #42
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Aposteriori's Smeargle sig: (no I'm not digging up the approval link, it's been over a year and that rule's just a bit dumb anyway )

Quote:
TiVo: Female Smeargle
Biography: A change that defined 21st century television was the creation of TiVo. The ability to program shows into its memory was outstanding. Every line, sound, and movement, TiVo records with ease and never forgets. As an early model, you can say it works too well. Once it records something, it does not have the function to delete or erase. Technology comes with a price, but the benefits out weight the cost.
Special Training: TiVo Programming [Various]
TiVo has upgraded her capabilities of using Sketch, accessing two additional slots per new trainer level, capping off at 12 additional move slots by the time her trainer reaches TL7. TiVo’s upgrade allows her to tune into any finished match by her owner as if she had DVRed the moves. TiVo can submit which moves with appropriate round links that she learned from her studies via the Miscellaneous Squad Submissions thread and naturally the moves must be recorded into TiVo’s biography. This function only works for the DVR sketch slots gained via this signature. After the available DVR slots are recorded, TiVo cannot DVR new moves with those slots until two months or three completed matches have passed for the owner, whichever comes first. She cannot sketch any Legend Moves with any of her DRV sketch slots.
Sketch Slots (19/19): Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Dazzling Gleam, Aura Sphere, Twister, Phantom Force, Hex, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Safeguard, Baton Pass, Hyper Beam, Sludge Bomb, Zen Headbutt, Psychic, Flash Cannon, Muddy Water.
DVR Slots (6/6): Refresh, Toxic, Sweet Kiss, Explosion, Seed Bomb, Flying Press
Hidden Power: Water
Alright so this is blatantly the ability to just have a Smeargle with literally any move it's ever seen in battle (technically the wording makes it so it didn't even have to be IN the battle, but going beyond that...), whether it's successfully sketched these moves or not. The only drawback to this sig is that there has to be a wait of 2 months (kinda not a terrible drawback) or 3 matches (literally achievable over the course of a single day). I'm just gonna paraphrase Jeri on this one... "No I'm not giving you CAP." This is openly and blatantly able to be abused with literally no drawback, especially if you just want to change it up for something like fighting a Gym.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right

Last edited by Sneaze; 01-25-2016 at 04:24 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:56 AM   #43
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Again, Aposteriori seems obsessed with Sketch sigs. Thanks Connor.

Quote:
Pied Piper: Male Chatot
Biography: Pied Piper has studied the way sound works and interacts with the world. Through his studies he found out that all moves have a specific sound vibration pattern that at the core of it all a pokemon can just simply vibrate the molecular structure of their actions to match whatever attack is available in the pokemon universe. With such a great power, Pied forgoes a long list of moves that he will simply not be able to use again in favor of his acquired knowledge. It should be noted that for the purposes of charm et all, Pied Piper will only fall for pokemon of the same gender as his when applicable.
Special Training: String Vibrations [NO]
Chatot can sketch 25 moves. Being proficient at harnessing sound, sound moves will be stronger than usual at inflicting status against Pokemon resistant to flinching, have higher levels of focus and concentration, and overrides their innate resistance against confusion or other mental resistance. He forgets how to use most of his moves except for the ones that are innate to him: Hyper Voice, Chatter, Uproar, Round, Sing, Boomburst, Sleep Talk, Supersonic, Growl, Snore, Hidden Power, and Fly. He cannot sketch any of his forgotten moves. He cannot sketch electric and fire moves because those are too volatile for him to handle. He cannot sketch legend moves unless they are normal or flying.
Call me biased as hell but gaining Smeargle's SC at a TL7 rank, bypassing status resistances to disruption, confusion and other mental conditions, and dropping moves which can easily be replaced with said Sketch slots is really another Create-A-Pokemon attempt.

Chatot's original SC already gives it a boost to sound-based attacks, and also boosts damaging sound moves by 20%. This Chatot has dropped everything BUT the sound moves. The leftover sound moves which it doesn't have (Bug Buzz, Disarming Voice, Grasswhistle, Heal Bell, Metal Sound, Noble Roar, Parting Shot, Relic Song, Roar, Screech, Snarl) can take up 11 of the 25 slots.

Relic Song is a legend move which is basically an offensive Sing, rendering several of the sound moves moot. Parting Shot is evidently going to be something Aposteriori wants to add, being a switching move which also debuffs. Heal Bell is already good, clearing status conditions. I could go on and on, but this is stupid.

That leaves Aposteriori with many more Sketch slots which he could basically fill with moves like Aeroblast, Hurricane, Oblivion Wing etc. etc.

There's basically no drawback to this at all aside from losing Taunt, U-Turn, Protect, Steel Wing, Heat Wave and more situational stuff like Torment and other things. No Electric and no Fire means nothing when Flying types can be handled by Rock, Water can be handled by Grass, Bug means nothing since Flying type attacks are still available. Steel is also still available, making losing Steel Wing meaningless when you have things like Meteor Mash, Flash Cannon etc.

ASB is already pushing a hyper-offense set up as is, despite our efforts to make defensive play good, and this Chatot basically becomes hyper-offense with a metric crapton of disruption as well as ways to cure status and get out of bad match ups through Sketch. It's also way better than a Smeargle since it has 25 new moves off the bat to gain unlike Smeargle which only gets 10 as a base, and also retains the boosts native to its SC, as mentioned earlier.

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.

Last edited by KamenAeons; 01-25-2016 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:05 AM   #44
Connor
Who Knows?

Let's not try to slander now. I think it is broken too but a quick username search turned up this.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:38 AM   #45
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenAeons View Post
Again, Aposteriori seems obsessed with Sketch sigs. I can't seem to find where the sig was even approved on both SPPf or UPN. Was this even approved in the first place.
Kamen, before you bring a signature up to the sig court, make sure to check your feelings at the door the same way I will check mine when any of my sigs get placed here. You seem to have me under your radar fairly often, and rarely are your words kind. Let's work on a year of kindness!

Connor provided proof of approval as needed. I do not play outside of the rules, especially when it comes to signatures, level acquisitions, and the likes. I cannot provide with documentation of another sketch signature outside of Smeargle, which is almost a mandatory signature to improve his slots numbers.

On to the signature.

1) I picked a lower tier pokemon to assign the sketch to, nothing beyond TL1 so I met sort of an unwritten rule for signatures where the lower tier the pokemon is, the better the chances are to get a top notch quality sig for it. My idea was to give it a mayor improvement and make a forgotten pokemon usable. I used the philosophy of Slash in this case, where you improve upon its pre-existing qualities and add to them, which is why I added the string of improved sound from the defensive side as well.

2) Chatot is on the lowest size in terms of size, so I also did not pick something that could toss its weight around, being easily overpowered by any other floater with ease.

3) Chatot has more overall weakness than Smeargle. One of my criteria for balance was the accessibility to harm between ice, electric, and rock SE damage that are fairly common within ASB.

On to the negatives.

I concur that maybe 25 is too many slots to access right off the bat. I will propose a modification to allow Chatot 10 initial slots at TL1, and an additional 3 slots until it caps off at the current 25 which would be TL6 and be considered a long term reward for the trainer for sticking with ASB.

Biography: Pied Piper has studied the way sound works and interacts with the world. Through his studies he found out that all moves have a specific sound vibration pattern that at the core of it all a pokemon can just simply vibrate the molecular structure of their actions to match whatever attack is available in the pokemon universe. With such a great power, Pied forgoes a long list of moves that he will simply not be able to use again in favor of his acquired knowledge. It should be noted that for the purposes of charm et all, Pied Piper will only fall for pokemon of the same gender as his when applicable.
Chatot can sketch an initial 10 sketch moves at TL1, and additional 3 moves per trainer level, capping off a maximum of 25 moves. Being proficient at harnessing sound, sound moves will be stronger than usual at inflicting status against Pokemon resistant to flinching, have higher levels of focus and concentration, and overrides their innate resistance against confusion or other mental resistance. He forgets how to use most of his moves except for the ones that are innate to him: Hyper Voice, Chatter, Uproar, Round, Sing, Boomburst, Sleep Talk, Supersonic, Growl, Snore, Hidden Power, and Fly. He cannot sketch any of his forgotten moves. He cannot sketch electric and fire moves because those are too volatile for him to handle. He cannot sketch legend moves unless they are normal or flying.

Keeping within the spirit of the thread, is there anything else that should be cleared up, Kamen?

Last edited by Aposteriori; 01-25-2016 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 01-25-2016, 08:18 AM   #46
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

@Aposteriori

With the radar part, stop getting broken sigs passed and I'll stop hunting. Other people have noticed these sigs being broken as well but haven't come forward about them. That was also only once. Use that excuse for when I hunt you thrice. Don't let there be a thrice.

1) Improving on sound is fine. My Honchkrow does the same. My main quip with you is that you've combined two sigs in one by giving both a rather ridiculous boost to sound, on top of what Chatot innately has, then also tossed in Sketch. Even if you drop all of Chatot's moves, Chatot's movepool is piss. It really is.

2) Size allows for more ability to dodge. You could get pinned sure. That's why you have the Sketch slots. Your addition of the Sketch slots allows Chatot, or any Pokemon who gains Sketch in general become really whacked out. Flight is a blessing to all that have it, and you still have Agility. You of all people should know this, aspiring Flying GL and all. Hell, I reffed one of your first matches with Astral Shadow and I know you abused flight to hell and back in that.

3) I've already mentioned it in the initial post, but you can basically give at least 14 moves (in its current edition) which you could easily fill with Rock, Ground and Steel to counter all your weaknesses. You would also be able to get access to Parting Shot and Baton Pass to allow you to get out of said bad match-ups. (Redundancy of redundancy: Sketch is a sig on its own, don't slip in other stuff with it unless it's a freaking Smeargle.)

Changing the amount of slots you have doesn't change a thing when this only reduces your current maximum to 22. You are TL4 after all. Also the new levelling system makes getting to that point where the move slots cap hilariously fast. My suggestion is not to make it Smeargle-tier with the Sketch limits, make it 12-15. That still gives you a ton of leeway with moves since 4 or so moves of the same type gives you around 2 HBs or type energy or whatever going from memory. Dump the sound buffs bypassing resistances if you're so intent on Sketch. Dump more slots of Sketch if you're desperate to buff sound.

tl;dr You Need More Drawback With Sketch In Play.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:29 AM   #47
Aposteriori
Banned

As pointed by Shadow, the first batch was not broken. But at this point this conversation is derailing the current topic.

Proposal 2:

Chatot can sketch a maximum of 15 moves. He forgets how to use most of his moves except for the ones that are innate to him: Hyper Voice, Chatter, Uproar, Round, Sing, Boomburst, Sleep Talk, Supersonic, Growl, Snore, Hidden Power, and Fly. He cannot sketch any of his forgotten moves. He cannot sketch electric and fire moves because those are too volatile for him to handle. He cannot sketch legend moves unless they are normal or flying.

Edit: thank you for the feedback, and no hard feelings at the end of the day.

Last edited by Aposteriori; 01-25-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:27 PM   #48
Mercutio
Banned

Can we just agree that Sketch should join Transform in the "no you can't sig on to things don't be dull" pile and move on with our lives?

Don't get me wrong, I have owned a Sketch Unown, but it is just a dull sig that is inherently designed to be exploited. Unless the owner is not super bright it is inherently something that will end up broken.

What you are basically saying is "I wish to sig this Pokémon with a number of powerful moves that I will choose at will, far above and more varied than the usual number of moves I could add by sigging, and the only drawback is that I must convince 3-4 fellow ASBers to have a 2 vs 2 with me and spend 4 rounds using Sketch on things".

Just close it down and move on.

Last edited by Mercutio; 01-25-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:42 PM   #49
Aposteriori
Banned

I did a recent search as I was looking for a trainer to sketch with. This decision only affects Lanturn's Dodrio, my Chatot, SilentReaper's Espeon, Jeri's Eevee, Sparkbeat's Wobbufett. It doesn't really seem that big of an issue to do a blanket ban, if we want to go that route.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:52 PM   #50
Mercutio
Banned

Yeah that is not how policymaking works. You don't allow people to use Rocket Launchers to murder mimes just because it is an unlikely thing to happen. Plus this would be a super easy thing to do and have no meaningful drawbacks.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Squad Maintenance