Quote:
TheKnightsFury (C) Vs Eliteknight (A)
2v2
Doubles
48hr DQ
Slapstick.
Equiall 1
Pummelo
Righto then. Two trainers in a somewhat speedy format. As it's 2v2 Doubles, PM your two mons in, with orders as and when your bodies are ready. And if they aren't, send them in anyway. And apparently EK's ordering first after the hidden round, so without further ado, let's get it on like a Maxibon!

Also, 4/6 or 6/9?
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 09-01-2015 at 04:28 AM.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:01 AM   #2
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

I'm happy with 4/6, EK is levelling and I like a quick battle. Will pm shortly
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:52 AM   #3
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

4/6 is fine with me

pm in

GL HF KnightsFury! Thanks for allowing me to battle you

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.

Last edited by Eliteknight; 09-01-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:02 PM   #4
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Round 1: Well, this'll be fun. First doubles reffing, go!

Orders here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliteknight
Bunnelby Level 1 Male
Murkrow Level 2 1 Female (Edited because it's equiall 1)

Bunnelby, unleash 2 earthquakes!

Murkrow, Heatwave followed up by a dark pulse. If one of the foes is airborne switch the dark pulse for a twister (flying)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury
Jadephantom the phantump (lvl 1 female)

Special technique: ShadowGas
Using significant ghost type energy, Jadephantom expels a gas version of herself and sends it at the foe. The gas phantom is quite life like as it flies towards the opponent possibly causing then to attack it instead of jade, out of confusion. On contact the gas will enter the will cause the opponent to fall asleep immediately, although this will only last a short while (maximum 2 rounds depending on fatigue). This move cannot effect inorganic pokemon and does not deal any damage. In the process of perfecting this move jadephantom forgot how to use doubleteam, substitute, will o wisp and spite.

Ulfrveurr the Growlithe (lvl 1 male)
Type Change: Gift of the Fairies
The flabebes gift not only help Ulfrveurr to defeat the Skorupi, it also imbued him with fairy energy. Ulfrveurr is now a fire/fairy type with all the associated weaknesses and resistances. In addition he has learnt the moves Play rough, misty terrain and moonblast. Due to his purification Ulfrveurr refuses to use the moves snarl, toxic, fireblast, overheat, will-o-wisp, dragon breath, dragon rage and outrage and will also not use giga impact, hyperbeam and dragon pulse as an arcanine.

Rightio time to test you guys out!
Jade start off by using confuse ray on the closest opponent, follow up by striking the other opponent with a shadowball.
Ulfr use play rough on which ever opponent jade isnt using confuse ray on. Then use flamethrower on the same opponent.

So, Murkrow and Bunnelby vs Phantump and Growlithe. This can only end badly...

SCs enclosed below.
Bunnelby (Normal): Despite being a Normal-type, Bunnelby are extremely adept diggers, able to form stable tunnels and stay underground for extended periods of time. They are familiar with the Ground type.
[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon generally have a bit less off-type energy than other Pokémon. Normal-types which usually have a secondary type do not suffer from this drawback unless specified. In the ASB, Normal-types take resisted damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.
Murkrow (Dark/Flying): Murkrow are symbols of woe amongst Pokémon and people, particularly when seen at night, so they may make opponents feel uneasy. Murkrow are quiet fliers and can easily evade detection.
[Dark]: Dark-types can see in the dark. They fight more enthusiastically at night and are more effective at hiding in dark environments than other Pokémon, though light does not adversely affect them. They are immune to the damaging effects of Psychic-type energy but may still be lifted and manipulated by telekinesis. They are slightly better at tricking opponents than other Pokémon.
[Flying]: Flying-type Pokémon are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation than other Pokémon. Because of their skill in controlling their movement, they are more difficult to evade when using physical moves and more likely to succeed in dodging attacks. Flying type Pokémon are affected normally by the damaging effects of Ground-typed energy and take neutral damage from Ground type moves in the ASB. They fight more enthusiastically in spacious arenas but are not put off by cramped conditions.

Phantump (Grass/Ghost): Phantump can levitate. Their body is considered to be ethereal, but the wooden stump is solid. They can temporarily change their entire body into either state to lessen damage from attacks. Their Ingrain technique heals more health than usual.
[Ghost]: Ghost-type Pokémon fight more enthusiastically at night, though are not put off by fighting in the day, and can see in the dark. They are resistant to attacks which induce confusion or other mental effects, impossible to poison and immune to telekinetic-based Psychic moves if not in the solid state (though will still take damage from Psychic moves regardless of state). Their fear inducing attacks are more effective than those used by other Pokémon. Ghost-types are not fully immune to Normal, Fighting or typeless attacks as in the games, taking neutral damage, but some may change their state in order to evade physical moves.
[Grass]: Grass-type Pokémon live anywhere that can support vegetation, though most prefer temperate to tropical climates, and are adept at concealing themselves in areas with lots of vegetation. Grass-types enjoy both bright sun and rain and fight more enthusiastically in the day time, though they are not put off by fighting at night. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls, while excessively bright sunlight will regenerate their energy instead. Healing moves cost slightly less energy when used by Grass-types and their draining moves will heal them by a greater amount (without draining any more from the opponent) while suffering only half of the usual diminishing returns. They are immune to spore based techniques like Sleep Powder and are more adept at using such attacks themselves, creating denser concentrations of spores which are harder to disperse and more potent in their effects.
Growlithe (Typechanged to Fire/Fairy): Growlithe are extremely loyal and brave. They are more likely to follow orders of their trainers, even if they consider such orders questionable. They are also more resistant to fear-inducing effects. As dogs they are quite good diggers and deal 1.1x damage with their biting attacks. Their hearing is more sensitive than normal, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound-based status moves, and they have an excellent sense of smell which allows them to track opponents and tell the real clone in a Double Team. Their Roar attack is more effective than normal.
[Fairy]: Fairy-types are generally pure hearted and gregarious. They prefer natural environments and will fight more enthusiastically in them, disliking urban environments. Any attack used by a Fairy-type which manipulates the environment is slightly more effective owing to the magical energies involved and attacks which boost allied Pokémon is slightly more effective at providing a buff. They are immune to the damaging effects of Dragon-typed energy.
[Fire]: Fire-types fight most enthusiastically in hot and dry conditions. They are extremely difficult to burn and most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time (indefinitely in the case of the Magmar and Slugma lines). If a Fire Pokémon has an exposed flame somewhere on its body, it will take a small amount of extra damage if liquid water hits the flame. Otherwise, Fire-type Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short (except in the case of the Magmar and Slugma lines, who will take damage the longer they are in the water).

So, they're the mons, those are the orders, this is the stadium, let's get this show on the road people!

And so the battlers release their Pokemon, forming a rough square with the pool at the center. And the first action taken is actually by Jade, who unleashes a spectral Ray at the Bunnelby, who's already stomping on the ground to cause an Earthquake, which tears through the arena like it's made of soggy toilet paper! The beam still hits though, and Jacob starts looking around, Confused and bewildered by the flashy lights. In the midst of all this, we can see Ulf rushing across the ground, looking to Play with his foe, the Murkrow opposite him! Looks like ol' Ulf likes to play Rough though, as he slams the bird to the floor, ripping into him with his newfound Fairy strength. Screeching in pain, the Murkrow turns, before unleashing a vicious Wave of Heat across the arena, striking his foes with the superheated air blast! Recoiling from this strike, the Phantump changes focus, sending a Ball of Shadows across to his avian enemy, who tanks it because lolresist. Meanwhile the Bunnelby's still mesmerized by the pretty lights and doing fuck-all over there. And the Growlithe's still at point-blank range, so it just laughs off the Heat Wave and launches a full-powered Flamethrower right into the bird's side, causing it to squawk loudly. That ruffled some feathers alright. That Dark type's properly pissed now. Identifying that the foe's Phantump is in fact floating, it summons up a good ol' fashioned Twister, sending it across the arena and the water pool to strike, the tree stump thankfully minimizing damage by a state change.

Summary
Health goes Bunnelby>Ulf>Murkrow>Jade, with the first one being untouched and the last below the midpoint, while energy goes Bunnelby>Jade>Ulf>Murk, with all of them within the first third still. Bunnelby's confused as all fuck, Murkrow's got a good bit less than half its Fire left. And... EK's up to order.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 09-01-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #5
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Bunnelby Stone edge then dc earthquake on the growlith If you somehow cannot hit growth strike at the plant with a sludge bomb

Murkrow, drill peck the plant, then strike with a dark pulse finish with a shadow ball

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:28 PM   #6
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

jade as the murkrow comes in to use drill peck hit it with your signature ShadowGas! Then use rockslide on murkrow

Ulfr use moonblast on murkrow after jade uses rockslide, if it's still standing use dazzling gleam to take it out. If you knocked it out go for a close combat on bunnelby
Old 09-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #7
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 2: And so the first one falls.

Bunnelby, somewhat dazed still by the confusion, is still gorming into space. Murkrow, on the other hand, is royally pissed at the Phantump, and dashes over to it, aiming to deliver a Drilling Peck to the Grass-type! Jade's got other plans, however, and unleashes her signature ShadowGas, sending a spectral clone flying at the Murkrow, who delivers the punishing blow to the fake instead! And this somehow causes Murkrow to fall asleep. Yay. Not for long however, as Jade unleashes a vicious Rock Slide, boulders cascading down onto the sleeping bird, giving it a somewhat rude awakening! As it stumbles back to awareness, blinking its eyes, its ally Bunnelby realizes what the fuck's going on, it turns, charging ground energy into its ear as it slams the Growlithe with a vicious punch, enough to cause an Earthquake, potentially. The Fire type goes flying, slamming into a conveniently placed rock. Meanwhile, Murkrow's back and ready, and fires off a Dark Pulse into the Phantump, causing it to yell out in pain! hearing this, Ulf stands and unleashes its own signature: Moonblast! the Murkrow recoils, before collapsing to the floor, defeated.

Murkrow is unable to battle!

Turning his focus back to Bunnelby, Ulf rushes in for some more Close-quarters Combat! The Bunnelby is roughed up, having taken his first hit of the battle, but he's still standing. For now at least. He's also cleared his head a bit, after having that confusion forcibly knocked out of him.

Summary
Healthwise, Bunnelby>Ulf>Jade. Bunnelby's just outside the first third, with Jade staring into the abyss. As for energy, that goes Bunnelby>Jade>Ulf, and it's almost the same as the health, the gap between 2 and 3's a lot smaller, both being around the midpoint. Jade's got some rock left, but not enough to do another Rock Slide with, and Ulf's essentially shot his Fighting. Both battlers still have their three movers. Ulf is panting, but they can all go for a two if necessary. TKF, let's see how you handle this!
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 09-02-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:41 AM   #8
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Just a quick question. Shouldn't a super effective close combat easily take him out of his first third? I thought bunnelby would be sitting a few clicks above the mid point? Anyways

Ulfrveurr dazzling gleam to stun him then follow with a flare blitz

Jade lets hit him with energy ball twice! If he is still standing finish things with a wood hammer.

Possible 3 confirmed
Old 09-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #9
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

I misread my notes, edited.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #10
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

why didn't bunnelby use stone edge? And I feel like bunnelby should have used eq sooner just because they one of his mons got off two attacks by the time he did his first in the round which doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #11
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

The first: RNG was bad to you. STAB Confuse Ray is in my eyes bloody potent confusion, so it'll be pretty serious for a round or so.
The latter: My bad. When I was writing that, I got caught up on writing the Growlithe and Phantump vs Murkrow bit, and I didn't really want to go into that bit and edit so I put it on at the end. I will go back and reshuffle, but there won't be too great a change in the overall round.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 09-02-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:48 PM   #12
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Ok thanks, totally forgot about confusion

Yea I understand that

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:44 PM   #13
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Three hours later...
OK, that made a larger difference than I thought. TKF, you can reorder.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 09-02-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #14
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

My orders stand
Old 09-02-2015, 06:19 PM   #15
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Earthquake. Then stone edge 2x on the Growlith if for some reason you don't have enough rock energy switch the second Stone edge for a sludge bomb.

3 Confirmed

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Last edited by Eliteknight; 09-02-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:36 AM   #16
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Round 3: Game Over

Focusing on their final target, Ulf lets loose a Dazzling Gleam of light, powerful enough to damage Bunnelby, but also blinding Jade somewhatas well. Meanwhile, the somewhat-blinded Bunnelby slams the ground again, causing a vicious Earthquake to tear through the arena and both mons, causing Jade to collapse, finally overwhelmed, as her final memento, an Energy Ball, slams into the Bunnelby, landing a notable partial.

Jade is unable to battle!

And Ulf is pissed now. Majorly so. Charging up his Fire energies, he sprints across the arena, slamming Bunnelby with a vicious Flare Blitz, sending the bunny flying into a rock, before slumping to the floor, unconscious.

Bunnelby is unable to battle!Ulf and TKF are the winners!

TKF gets 2 KOs and 4 TP
EK gets 2 TP
I get 5 SP for doubles bonus and fast reffings.

gg guys, this one was close. Pleasure to ref for you both, see you whenever.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 09-03-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:48 AM   #17
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

great reffing ironthunder and how good is that doubles sp bonus lol thanks for the match EK we should have a proper match sometime but thanks for a great battle anyway.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:28 AM   #18
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

The doubles bonus is +1 SP for each 2 mons used per side. It's a nice bonus, because holy hell doubles reffing is a nightmare.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:39 AM   #19
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

No doubt its a nightmare but 5 SP for a match that only went for a few days is great economy haha
Old 09-03-2015, 09:58 AM   #20
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

I hate to question this now but why did bun nelly attack last when it is the freshest?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #21
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Initiative, plus while the way I wrote it might not have made it clear, but the three attacks happened pretty much simultaneously. I'll edit to make this clearer, but no overall difference.
C grade ref.

WF quest log here.

FB stuff here.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:34 PM   #22
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

ok thanks that makes more sense thanks IT. GG TKF

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL