UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 03-17-2015, 06:53 PM   #26
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Doesn't actually matter, but since I wasn't severely paralyzed Perish Song wouldnt have happened even if there was a successful RNG roll.

Swagger after the Signal Beam attempt, then immediately transition into a Focus Blast

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #27
captainmisato
Thunder Badge

Round Four: Focus...

Lapras tries to use Signal Beam again...but unfortunately, she once more blanks out, her eyes rolling as she floats dumbly in the pool. She really can’t catch a break, huh? Buranimi smirks as she sees her opponent drooling all the way over at the other end of the large pool, and decides to do what any sportsmanlike, honorable Medicham would do: rub it in her face. She glows red, getting her Swagger on as she trash-talks Lapras, shaking her bangles and saying something to the effect of “you can’t touch me boo”. Unfortunately, she has forgotten to take two things into account: one, the pool is large, making it a bit harder for Lapras to see her provocations from all the way across it, and two: Lapras is still confused, though gaining her bearings. The sea monster looks at Buranimi’s odd actions and simply cocks her head, unaware as to their meaning. On a whim, she decides to Sing the Medicham a song. But unfortunately, once again, fate is a cruel cruel mistress to Lapras, and all that ends up coming out of her throat are a few gurgling noises. Buranimi, slightly miffed that her previous technique didn’t work, Focuses on sending another Fighting-type orb to Blast Lapras back into lucidity. With a keen eye, she charges up the red sphere and aims it carefully, the projectile flying across the water. It hits its mark quite nicely, exploding and causing Lapras to wail in pain, regaining her bearings as she realizes what’s happened to her.

Obligatory I RNGed everything that needed to be, etc.

Summary:
Lapras is fresh, not confused, and into critical. They’re both still at opposite ends of the pool.
captainmisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #28
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Vacuum Wave, again if needed to put it down.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #29
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

dive under the water, then use a surf to smack him into the water from afar do not come up from your dive

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:01 PM   #30
captainmisato
Thunder Badge

Round Five: Vacuumed Up

Lapras, deciding that she wants to hang on and live to fight another day, begins a Dive, thrusting herself downwards in the water and paddling to submerge herself...but Buranimi is pretty quick on the uptake, focusing across the distance as she speedily punches the air to create a Vacuum Wave. The orange projectile rockets swiftly across the field, catching Lapras in a glancing blow on her side before she can fully submerge herself. Lapras looks terribly weary as she goes underwater, but she’s determined to give one final shot at her opponent, still hanging barely to consciousness. Unfortunately, she never gets that chance, as Buranimi shoots another Vacuum Wave at her. The attack once more flies above the pool and crashes through the water into Lapras, dealing enough damage to send her sinking to the bottom, swirly-eyed, before being recalled.

Lapras has been KOd! Next Pokemon and orders from Eliteknight, please!

Summary:
Buranimi had a relatively light energy round.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:03 PM   #31
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Asteroidea, send a surf his way to get him into the water then use whirlpool

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:26 PM   #32
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Teleport away from the Surf, then fire an Energy Ball

Old 03-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #33
captainmisato
Thunder Badge

Round Six: Shining Star for All to See, What Your Life Can Truly Be

Eliteknight lobs his next Pokeball up into the air, a soft click announcing the release of the whimsically named Asteroidea the Staryu. Splashing into the water, the pseudo-Psychic starfish bobs up and down, halfway submerged. I’m sure it would have its game face on, if it had anything close to a face. Its gem is all glinty though. Cool.

Quote:
Staryu (Water): Staryu do not have eyes and thus cannot be affected by moves such as Confuse Ray or Flash. However, they use their psychic senses and an excellent sense of touch to detect opponents with ease. Staryu can levitate and are familiar with the Psychic type.A Staryu's core is its most vulnerable point and they will take a bit more damage if attacked there with physical moves. As starfish, they easily recover from serious injuries and will never have to stay in a Pokémon centre for longer than one battle, unless they are placed there because their core has been damaged.
With the range between our two opponents back to the normal standard, Asteroidea calls up a swelling wave to Surf on towards Buranimi. As the wave grows, roaring across the pool, the Staryu lets itself slide off the watery assault, the attack zooming onwards towards her foe. Buranimi, however, is ready again. She vanishes in a blink of white energy, Teleporting to another pontoon off to the right and landing in a perfect pose. Asteroidea seems unperturbed, her red gem simply following her opponent’s motion. The starfish propels itself through the water towards Buranimi’s pontoon, stopping just short of her. Asteroidea begins moving sideways, creating a circle around Buranimi’s platform. The Staryu picks up speed until it’s practically a blur cutting through the water, a swirling current focused on its foe’s position growing. Buranimi looks quite perturbed as her resting place falls over the edge of a Whirlpool, getting sucked into the rotating rush. Despite moving around in a circle, however, the pontoon remains relatively steady, enabling Buranimi to keep her famed focus as she charges a glowing Energy Ball between her bangled hands. She fires the orb at Asteroidea, and though it hits slightly off center, the green Grass-typed sphere explodes into a wave of verdant energy that causes the Staryu to make some really weird noises. I think that’s the emotion of pain?

Summary:
Asteroidea has a health lead over Buranimi, but it’s kind of small. Buranimi is comfortably good for two, with Asteroidea having a bit of a freshness advantage over her due to being just out of a Pokeball. Her Grass is half gone. Aiming into or out of Whirlpool is going to be difficult.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:35 PM   #34
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Baton Pass to Whirl.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:54 PM   #35
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

get out of the pool!

Dazzling gleam!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:54 AM   #36
captainmisato
Thunder Badge

Round Seven: Bye Bye Bye

Quote:
Rotom [Wash Forme] (Electric/Water): In this Forme, Rotom has possessed a washing machine, having bonded with its electric motor. This is the second largest forme, being rather bulky. While it can levitate, it has a low flight ceiling of only three feet and moves primarily through erratic hopping and short bursts. While fairly slow, it is relatively agile, allowing it to make short, quick evasive movements. In this Forme, Rotom has two firing points. The first and primary is the pipe at its side, from which it fires its Hydro Pump. Attacks fired from the pipe allow for faster firing and better aim. The second is from its door. This allows it to generate energy attacks from a protected point, but will leave it vulnerable for a short time when firing the attack. Attacks that hit the inner portion of the appliance will deal slightly more damage than normal. In this Forme alone, Rotom is capable of using Hydro Pump.
Buranimi decides that now would be a good time to get the heck out of dodge. Forming a Baton of energy in one hand, she tosses it up into the air above the whirlpool. It hangs there as a red recall beam sucks her out of the swirling current, a Rotom-Wash named Whirl appearing in a burst of energy to take her place. Whirl catches the baton, the energy dissipating in his clamp thing as he hovers undisturbed above the Whirlpool. Asteroidea, meanwhile, has concentrated its efforts on floating up out of the pool, putting it gem-to-eye with the flying washing machine before it. Though it’s hesitant to get out of the pure, energy-giving water, it knows it has to follow its trainer’s orders. Its gem begins to sparkle and glow with pink energy, light amplifying from within it. It greets Whirl with a Dazzling Gleam, the burst of Fairy-type energy stunning the possessed appliance as it hurts it.

Summary:
Buranimi is resting in her Pokeball. Whirl took a good hit to start, but he has a respectable lead over Astro which is what I’m calling her now because god damn it EK. Astro got a break, Fairy energy half gone, and Whirl is fresh.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #37
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Light screen, follow up with tri attack

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:18 PM   #38
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Astonish through the screen, timed to mess with his Tri Attack. Give it a Discharge

Last edited by Snorby; 03-24-2015 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:27 PM   #39
captainmisato
Thunder Badge

Round Eight: MUDA DA YO

Astro’s gem glows as it calls on its Psychic type heritage, concentrating as it floats above the pool. The starfish astrally projects a huge, translucent purple Light Screen in front of itself, hoping to block the future jolts and sparks it knows Whirl is going to be firing at it. The Staryu and the Rotom stare intensely at each other, the rotating current beneath Whirl now quite less powerful and reducing even more as they do. With no sign of an attack from its grinning opponent, Astro begins forming a Tri Attack, three rotating wisps of energy materializing in front of it...but it turns out that this is exactly the moment Whirl was waiting for. The floating washing machine dashes through the air with an Astonishing speed, his bulky form shattering the Light Screen into so many pieces as he bitchslaps Astro with his water pipe from an odd angle. Astro is turned to the side by the force of the blow, beeping surprisedly as he fires his three-pronged projectile askew, only grazing Whirl. The Rotom-W grimaces slightly as a bit of energy whispers across him, then smirks as he begins crackling all over with electricity. He fires a point-blank Discharge into Astro, the starfish screeching horribly and spasming as thousands of volts course through its body. Fortunately, as the attack ends, Astro appears to be hovering unimpaired by paralysis, to the annoyance of Whirl.

Summary:
Astro is starting to approach the midpoint, while Whirl is still pretty perky. Both are comfortably good for two, with Whirl a bit fresher than Astro.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:06 PM   #40
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Discharge into Thunder. Replace either with Astonish, timed to interrupt an attack, should you see a Light Screen.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:52 PM   #41
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Dazzling gleam then teleport away from the thunder

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:37 PM   #42
captainmisato
Thunder Badge

Round Nine: Deja Vu

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. An appropriate motto for an animate washing machine, and one that Whirl follows completely here as he once more sparks and whirrs, building up to a massive Discharge of yellow bolts that smack Astro for some shocking super effective damage. And yet again, Astro hovers above the pool unmarred by the specter of paralysis. It, too, decides to go with a tried-and-true attack. Astro’s red core glows again with a pink Dazzling Gleam, the flashy burst of Fairy energy hitting Whirl point blank. The Rotom emits a mechanical screech as he backs away from the starfish, his eyes momentarily fried. Now utterly irate, he enters heavy spin cycle as his vision recovers, preparing to make Astro regret ever being hatched. A downright nasty look enters his face as he gets ready to fire a massive Thunder attack...but just as he fires the huge, booming bolt, Astro vanishes into an outline of energy, Teleporting behind Whirl a ways away. As Whirl’s ultimate attack hits the tiled pool wall, dissipating into the building, he turns around, filled with rage at his star-shaped opponent.

Summary:
Astro is now below the midpoint, while Whirl is still pretty comfortably in his first half. Both are good for two but starting to tire. Astro’s Fairy is gone, and his Psychic is about half gone. Whirlpool isn’t a thing anymore, not that it really matters right now.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #43
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Tri attack, follow up with a qc sub

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #44
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Swagger, Thunder, Thunder

3 confirmed.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:56 AM   #45
captainmisato
Thunder Badge

Round Ten: Farewell, Sweet Starfish

Astro once more calls on the power of the three most prominent elements of the Pokemon world, a trio of spiraling wisps forming in front of it: one red, one blue, and one yellow. The psychic starfish fires the swirling Tri Attack at Whirl, and it explodes over the Rotom in a stunning mix of colors. Whirl winces, suddenly feeling the throbbing sting of a burn left by the attack on his lower right side. However, a little injury won’t stop him from getting his Swagger on. He begins glowing red and puffing himself up, tossing out taunts and verbal jabs at Astro. Can it completely wash a load of dark clothes in under 40 minutes without any of the colors bleeding out?? Yeah, didn’t think so pal. Astro may not have eyes, but it can still sense the Rotom’s enraging movements. And it may not have a face, but if it did, it’d be burning with rage right about now. The Staryu is too angry to even think about creating a Substitute to hide itself behind; it wants to face its opponent head on. Unfortunately, as Whirl’s interior begins spinning and whirring again, building up a massive quantity of electrical energy, it becomes clear that the washing machine will be the one with the advantage in any direct confrontation. The gigantic bolt of Thunder that he fires hits Astro head on, causing the Staryu to screech and twitch horribly, shocking it out of its wits. The zapping noise still echoing across the pool, Whirl pulls himself together, gathering up all his energies for one final Thunder. Astro attempts to move out of the extremely powerful attack’s path, but the prolonged shock it delivers is still just too much for it to take. Astro falls down, unconscious, to the pool’s surface, before being recalled. Whirl grins, although his breathing is quite ragged and fast now. Then he feels the burn intensify suddenly, putting him in a bit of pain as well.

Astro has been KOd! Last Pokemon and orders from EK, please!

Summary:
Whirl is beginning to approach the midpoint, and he’s burned. He’s also utterly exhausted, and needs a break quite badly, approaching the energy midpoint.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:15 PM   #46
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Anaconda, gunk shot then follow up with sludge bomb, If he is poisoned use venoshock instead of the latter

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:50 PM   #47
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Volt Switch back to Buranimi

Old 03-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #48
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Totally could have called that

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:55 PM   #49
Snorby
Lacking in Beef

Easily the riskiest, most surprising move I've made all match.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:30 PM   #50
captainmisato
Thunder Badge

Yeah guys that took balls, kudos. :p

But also because I'm stupid: I forgot this was a 4v4, EK has one Pokemon left after Anaconda. Reffing up later!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL