Originally Posted by Mane View Post
3 vs 3
Equilevel 1
Slapstick
48 HR DQ
Switch = KO
Arena: Hana Family Lair:
Spoiler: show
The home of the Hana family of nothing but Hoppips, Skiplooms, and Jumpluffs. A population of about 20 Hoppips, 10 Skiplooms, and 5 Jumpluffs live here. The lair is extremely large and out on an open field. However, the ceiling, consisting of branches, leaves and vines from the rainforest nearby, is about 10 feet high and not that sturdy. The room where most battles should start is the Hoppip Playroom, about 20 feet in circumference. Here, about 15 of the Hana family Hoppips play here, with several light objects that aren't much of a threat and won't do any damage, unless provoked. There is a hallway connecting this and the main room. The Main Room is 60 feet in circumference. It doesn't contain much - just a spiffy leaf rug and four hallways, connecting to the Hoppip Playroom, the Skiploom Kitchen, the Caretaker's room, and the dining room. These hallways are 20 feet long and 5 feet wide, with a Hoppip and a Skiploom often patrolling the hallway, and sometimes dusting. The Skiploom kitchen is 20 feet in circumference contains a rock oven and two Skiplooms - Hanahi, whom is trained to use Fire type attacks, along with Hanatsubomi, whom cooks and puts out the fire. The food often heals a small portion of a Pokemon's health if eaten, and Hanahi and Hanatsubomi are glad to make food for a Pokemon - cooking is what they live for. The Caretaker's Room is about 50 feet in circumference, and it contains a bookshelf and about 40 comfy beds. There's often up to 3 Jumpluffs here, looking for peace and quiet from the madness. The main caretaker, Hanasou, is always here, unless the Hanas are dining, when he's in the dining room. When the Hanas are sleeping, every one of the Hanas are there. The dining room is 40 feet in circumference, and it contains all but the Skiplooms in the Skiploom kitchen when the Hana family is dining. Disturb, annoy, or frighten any Hanas, or worse, the Jumpluff caretakers, and they will attack, often for quite some damage, heavy at best. Examples of attacks that startle or annoy the Hanas for example are Flash, any Fire-type attacks, attacks that destroy the arena, and attacks that hurt even one Hana. If the entire lair is destroyed, every Hoppip, Skiploom, and Jumpluff will attack for very high damage, often equal to Sky Attack, and the arena will be a basic Grass arena, but with leaves and other objects scattered across the arena.
Special Rules: Wild Pokemon (Hana Family Members), Ridiculously Easily Destroyed, Confined
Optional Special Rules: Twilight, Pokemon Level Restriction (3)
Well this seems mildly insane.

Just so you know, you really don't want to use attacks that the Hana family don't like. You'll probably end up being KOed by the Hana-Sky-Attack special. Very quickly.
So three Pokemon per side, everyone remains as they are without being evolved or devolved. The sun is starting to set, so after five rounds, it'll become difficult to see. Plan ahead. We've got Hoppip flying about her so make sure you don't hurt them or you answer to Hanasou. Which won't be fun.

GO GO GO CRACK STUFF

Trot Away, squad up!

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

*He is mingling with some Hanas* Oh! Looks like it's time. Hey everybody, lets let started!

The Fluent Feline Xai Mei - Meinfoo, Female, level 1 Ah, my trainer summons me. Run along, friend!
Bio: She came to me seemingly out of nowhere when I was exploring in the East, she saw...something in me and said that she wishes to tag along. I still think she was flattering me, but I was more than happy to oblige. She is always calm and has a sense of honor and discipline about her, and is partial to the nonsense of the others. She is not above mingling and playing with everyone else, although she tends to keep up a sense of decency.
Signature Tech:
There was a time where one of my other pokemon, I think it was Junior, would poke and pester her to no end while she was taking a break. He even started roaring, teasing, jumping out of nowhere, and moonwalking(don't ask...), but Xai Mei held fast and would not budge. Junior, despite his energy, proclaimed, "Aww, you're no fun!" and eventually gave up. This made me think how useful that extreme state of calm would be...hmm...
Special Training: Stalwart in Calm (Fighting):
Xai Mei has a strong resistance to being confused, distracted, enraged, startled, frightened, or anything else that would otherwise disturb her equalized state of mind. Taunt is also unlikely to work on her. Under the right circumstances, this may also help track the real foe in a Double Team. As she already is focused enough as it is, she forwent knowing Calm Mind, Swords Dance, Meditate, Detect, or Power-Up Punch.

Hidden Power: Steel

The Armored Rebel, Axis - Skarmory, Male, Level 2 (Uplevel) The Hanas don't scare me, but i'm still gonna watch myself!

The Tender Listener, Perksie - Audino, Male, Level 1 They were nice enough to show us hospitality, please be careful around here!
Bio: He's the kind of Audino who has an ear to the ground and a hand on everything else! Perksie is always open to listen and see if he can't cure what's ailing you. Despite his girly appearance, he is quite confident enough to do anything by himself, especially keeping things in order and making sure everyone's in tip top shape.

The Mellow Anemone, Wire - Lileep, Male, Level 1 Hey, hey, let's just cool it around our pals, yeah?
Bio: While exploring a beach, I found a Lileep washed up by the tide. I thought it was hurt, so I hurried over...Much to my discontent it was just taking a nap, way to freak me out, sheesh! Wire is pretty mellow, almost as chill as a Slowpoke. But don't mistake that attitude for laziness or carelessness, because the last person to sneak up on this fellow payed for it! He seems to be totally aware of everything around him, and this lax demeanor is just that. But I like the attitude he brings, so I let him come with me.

Hidden Power: Water

The Pungent Princess, Petunia - Stunky, Female, Level 1 Hee hee, sure. I'm down with stretching my legs a bit! Don't be a stinker and wreck the place, alright?!
Bio: This particularly pungent pun-slinging princess is a rather spunky Stunky. She's proud of her stench and just loves to toss it around when she can, although we are used to it. Despite her name, she bears a subtly sadistic side, but is by no means a bad pokemon.

The Watchful Witch, Tilda - Murkrow, Female, Level 1 Why yes, dearie. I'll be glad to...oh, pardon me...Do you need my aid, my dear trainer?
Bio: Tilda acts like a sort of overseer for the rest of us. Looming nearby to make sure things are in order or swooping in to get or keep us out of trouble. It's either that, or she'd rather cause trouble herself!

Is everyone ready? Right, let's stand by!

(Oh, and i'd apriciate it if everything wasn't associated with...ugh, crack...)

Last edited by Trot Away; 10-16-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:28 AM   #3
Mane
Cascade Badge

Lily, Level 1 Female Eevee

Bio

Lily is the most recent in a long line of her kind bred specifically for contests. She was also raised and groomed for them since birth. However her owner was not the most affluent fellow, or at least ceased to be (probably gambled himself out of his money) and after a quick dinner with him he mentioned she was for sale. I would not waste the opportunity. So I bought her and took care of her as she had been before. She didn't battle but she always watched the others practice with this sort of "I'ma do that some day" look in her eyes, so I started feeling bad for the poor fox...thing. I started slowly easing her into it and then...discovery. In a fight with Leif, she used Attract. And it worked. Turns out I forgot how she was bred and raised specifically to be cute and adorable.

SIG
Special training:Appeal
Essentially being born and raised for the purpose of serving as eye candy, Lily is very good at using Attract. It works on all Pokemon it normally would, with a ten percent increase to success rate and energy cost. However, she can also appeal to straight female Pokemon or Pokemon that don't resemble her (but not both) by funneling an extra 30% energy into the attack. Not being raised to battle, she has a lower tolerance for pain and therefore takes 15% more damage from physical attacks. She is too dainty to make herself use rage, toxic, dig, or bite and will obsessively clean herself if dirty.

Cava, Level 1 Male Zorua

Special Technique: Intensive Fabrication
Cava has the ability to take the appearance of another Pokemon for two rounds. This can be used upon entry or as a move, but since he still goes by the same name and using it upon entry still counts as a move, the opposing trainer will know it is him. This allows moves depending on appearance to work in situations when they normally wouldn't (but at a reduced rate if the target Pokemon has figured it out), as moves depending on intimidation, cuteness, or other physical factors are determined as though he was whatever Pokemon he happened to be masquerading as. His moveset does not change and using this sig costs moderate energy to high energy to use depending on the illusion (making himself look like an Eevee is easier than, say, a Charizard). In addition, it can only be used twice per battle and costs half the energy it took to make at the end of every turn. Should it be used upon entry, it still counts as a move but he exits the Pokeball looking like whatever was specified. He also moves somewhat slower as he takes pride in his illusions and prioritizing keeping them perfect over anything excluding his own survival. However, he can only imitate images, scent, and noise with them, so physical contact reveals him to his opponent's Pokemon, causing its effect (that he can use Roar/Scary Face/Attract etc.) to wear off, however he will maintain the illusion anyway, turning it into a burden.

Murasame, Level 1 Male Honedge

Leif, Level 1 Female Snivy

Trycibolt, Level 1 Male Elekid

Moro, Level 2 Female Mawile (uplevel)

I'll be leading with Trycibolt.

Last edited by Mane; 10-17-2014 at 04:44 AM.
Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:57 AM   #4
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

An Elekid! He looks apt to make some sparks fly...Xai Mei!

Aye!

Lets come in strong, face your foe first with a flurry of Double Slap! End that combo with a forceful Force Palm! Be mindful of the Hana members, make sure your way is clear before you attack!

Of course!
Old 10-17-2014, 05:00 AM   #5
Mane
Cascade Badge

Thunderwave her as soon as you have a clear shot. Check to see the Hanas, and if you have a shot Shockwave. If not then use Magnet Rise.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Round 1: Sparks and slapping

Kicking off a new day at the Hana Family Lair, two trainers walk in, the referee welcoming them as well as a horde of Hoppip! Casting out their Poke Balls, Xai Mei leaps out into view, waving her arms in motions true to a Meinfoo! Facing her is Trycibolt, an Elekid who doesn't seem too out of the ordinary.

Bolting into action, Xai Mei proceeds to beat down Trycibolt, her palms outstretched for a flurry of strikes! One palm slams into the Elekid's face! Then another! Slaps echo another three times before Trycibolt finally staggers back, letting loose a wispy tendril of electricity! As Xai Mei tries to follow up her attack with a palm strike, she finds her body locked up, unresponsive to her calls for movement. Cursing in her usually calm mind, she sees her opponent beginning to windmill his arms! With a shout, blue bolts stream out of his body, some nearby Hoppip moving out of the way in fright as the Meinfoo yelps in pain! Shocking opening? I guess so!

Xai Mei takes the lead in health and energy for now, no longer being paralysed as well. Trycibolt is still good for two. Some Hoppip are looking fairly wary now, so be careful with any widespread attacks.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 10-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #7
Mane
Cascade Badge

Well. Alright, use Body Slam. If you can pin her, follow with Curse. If not, go for a Thunderpunch.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #8
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Xai Mei, are you ok??

Aye, friend! Our opponent fights with much gusto, no?

Lets use their hasty attitude against them! Once he closes in, sidestep and Vital Throw him to the floor! Quickly slam a Force Palm clean into his back right afterwards!
Old 10-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #9
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Round 2: Wham bam, thank you ma'am

Trycibolt's attack having gone somewhat well, he confidently charges forward without a care, taking a leap of faith towards Xai Mei! A glint of light shines from her eyes as she chuckles, effortlessly darting to the side, grabbing hold of the Elekid and slamming his head into the ground! Not allowing him a moment's respite, the Meinfoo's natural adeptness at chaining attacks giving her the edge as she presses a palm into Trycibolt's back! A yell of pain escapes the Elekid, unable to raise his fists for an electrified strike, his body paralysed from the blow. Good thing this isn't realistic or I would call this a terrible thing that must not be named.

Trycibolt took more of a beating this round, his body immobile due to paralysis. Fresh as a daisy at least, unlike his opponent. Xai Mei is untouched, but she would appreciate a moment's respite soon.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 10-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #10
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Hmph! An outcome fitting of such sloppy form. Dwell amidst this paw most Toxic, and reflect until our next confrontation. Farewell for now!

Lets head for the hallway connecting to the Main Room! This way!

Last edited by Trot Away; 10-19-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #11
Mane
Cascade Badge

That went badly. Light Screen, Meditate.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:33 AM   #12
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Round 3: Savage Wolf.... RUN AWAY!

With his body immobile, Trycibolt curses under his breath as he thinks about what to do! Backing away, Xai Mei prepares an orb of toxins in her hands after drawing them out of her mouth, which sort of grosses out the Hoppip watching. Throwing it at the paralysed Elekid, she bolts for the hallway, a crowd of pink Cottonweed Pokemon yelping in surprise as she charges through them. Little does she know that Trycibolt has erected a pane of light that has left the blob splattering onto it! With a sigh of relief, the shocking child of Johto closes his eyes, focusing not on his paralysis, but on how to beat the stuffing out of Xai Mei when he is finally able to get to his feet. With power surging from his mind, he smirks as the paralysis slowly starts to leave him.

No damage on both sides, with more energy use from Trycibolt. Xai Mei could consider a break now that she's in a hallway full of Skiploom, about twelve metres away from Trycibolt. The Elekid has an Attack boost, and should be able to move by the end of the next round, although relaxing his muscles will help ease it even faster. Poison is at half for Xai Mei, Psychic just above that for Trycibolt.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 10-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #13
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(Huh? Light Screen can block what is technically a status move? Also, I could have sworn she would have been, I don't know, closer when administering Toxic...I guess I am on a totally different wavelength!)
Old 10-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #14
Mane
Cascade Badge

(Reflect is a physical barrier. It stops anything physical but is broken by special moves.
http://pasbl.upnetwork.net/rules/att...iptions.html#D
The above link should help you get used to this world and its physics.)

Alright, mostly as planned. Agility in place to loosed your muscles up, be on the lookout for her.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #15
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(But Light Screen was used, which blocks Special moves. And even then, i'm a bit unsure about it blocking a move that does technically no damage. Eh, but what do I know?)
-

With our opponent in a temporary jam, we should be able to take a moment's rest now, don't you think?

Aye, such would be a wise course of action. We shouldn't be hasty... *She sits down quietly*

I wonder how long he will stay there...
Old 10-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #16
Mane
Cascade Badge

(Sorry, screwed up my wording there. Basically, it's a shield. Unless you hit it with a lot of force or an attack of the opposite affinity, it basically blocks anything. Toxic, being neither an attack nor something that hits particularly hard, fails both requirements. I think. I'm pretty new to this myself.)
Old 10-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #17
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Round 4: Something relaxing.

In this instance, Toxic is a blob of poisons similar to a rather liquified Sludge Bomb. Since the liquid is comprised of energy, I took Toxic to splash onto the screen, damaging the screen despite it not usually dealing damage. If Xai Mei was a Poison type, she would have used the variant where Toxic is fired like a Water Gun, breaking through the screen and poisoning Trycibolt at that.

If this leads to changes in your orders, you are both free to do so. I will ref the round sometime later, but will do so a tad earlier if you are content with this explanation.

Ah, never mind, I'll just go ahead and ref. *feeds Hoppip Pokeblock*

His limbs still locked in place, Trycibolt works on relaxing the stiffened muscles, the aches of paralysis slipping away as the Elekid moves his hands and grins. Picking himself up, he looks around for his opponent, who had fled the room earlier. Good tactic too, since Xai Mei's just taking a few moments for a deep breathing session. And the round closes as both feel refreshed, Xai Mei feeling all the wiser for her reprieve.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Last edited by KamenAeons; 10-21-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:32 AM   #18
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

(Eh, I don't mind. I was just confused on how it happened. Aaanywho...)

-

Ah, a spark of insight! I shall construct a Substitute to confound the opposition further!

A small one, right? Sounds like a plan! Let's Work Up some extra power while we're at it. We'll need all the strength we can get!
Old 10-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #19
Mane
Cascade Badge

All right. Try and find her. Sustained Agility and run around, trying to find her and avoiding Hanas. If you find her, Dynamic Punch. If not, Magnet Rise.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #20
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Round 5: Boom.

So we currently have Xai Mei just chilling in the corridor between the living room and the kitchen, and Trycibolt about to jolt into action... only to not really understand how a sustained Agility is supposed to work. Is it supposed to loosen up his limbs some more? Is it supposed to give chase? Trusting in his trainer, he focuses on the chase, taking a few steps to close the distance between the two battlers. He sees "Xai Mei" chuckling as the Elekid spots her a ways down the corridor, not aware that the true Meinfoo is right behind him. Lunging forward, Trycibolt's fist causes an explosion on the floor, causing it to splinter a fair bit as "Xai Mei" bursts in a puff of fluff. Angered, the Elekid turns around to see a powered up Meinfoo, and a rather angry Skiploom coming right for him!

"Don't go wrecking the corridor I just cleaned! >:c" she yells as a flurry of leaves lightly cut Trycibolt's skin, although the pain is evident.

Remember! Don't go doing big boomy stuff here.

So both sides took some damage, with Trycibolt in his second third of health. Energy use was a bit for both, with Fighting sill plentiful for the Elekid. The Skiploom on patrol whose name I have forgotten is still a bit pissed and keeping her eye on the two battlers.

Note: I was very close to making Agility fail due to poor wording. Please use Short Term/Burst or Long Term only next time. Sustained ones are no longer a thing.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 10-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #21
Mane
Cascade Badge

They aren't? Huh. Thanks, I didn't know that changed.

Aaaand I forgot Dynamic Punch's "big splodey goes fast" part. Shoehorned Invader Zim reference is shoehorned.

Anyway, so we don't go getting you instamurdered, let's take a more focused approach. Thunder Punch her and then pull back and try for a Thunder Wave.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #22
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Oh my, that outburst was kind of surprising!

Allow us to add insult to injury!

Ready, Xai Mei? Try to aim at their feet, Low Sweep! Another Force Palm should knock him down another peg!
Old 10-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #23
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Round 6: Turnabout Shocker

Trycibolt wipes a bit of sweat from his brow, still smarting from the surprising attack from the patrolling Skiploom. Making a mental note not to blow stuff up, he lunges forward for a body hook strike! Charging up electricity in his fist, he drops it as Xai Mei suddenly drops to the floor and whips an outstretched leg around, causing him to fall to the floor! However, the Meinfoo miscalculated how making Trycibolt fall would speed up his punch to her face, her face being slugged with a shocking strike! Insulted by the stray hit, Xai Mei repeats her previously successful attack, pressing her palm into the Elekid's chest! Pushing him backwards, she grimaces as Trycibolt uneasily staggers to his feet, not being paralysed this time! Deciding that restraining the Meinfoo is key to grasping victory, he sends a jolt of electricity crackling towards her, chains of yellow volts binding her body as the Meinfoo's limbs begin to give out. Trycibolt cackles victoriously as Xai Mei becomes immobile from her paralysis, the round drawing to a close.

Xai Mei is paralysed now, movement being fairly difficult if any at all. She still has a healthy lead on Trycibolt, but both Pokemon could do with yet another break soon.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 10-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #24
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Fie! I cannot move...

Oh no! I have to think of something...Ugh, I suppose we have to take whatever is coming and use a Facade attack when opportunity rises. Please hang in there!

Worry not, I will stay strong. You must as well!
Old 10-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #25
Mane
Cascade Badge

Heh. Counter if she gets the attack off, otherwise power up punch.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL