UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive

Old 08-29-2013, 04:45 AM   #26
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Good luck dudette, make sure you stomp moltres
Old 08-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #27
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to hen da man
Good luck Daisy! Looks like I turned up at the right time to watch this!

Daisy is just the best for making the battlecut!

I am now a C+ ref!!

FB
Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
I think i catch my typos but i keep typoing my typos so then i just dont even bother trying toc rrecty them because i will jeust keep typoing forever

edit: also any kids reading this dont drink it fucks u pyour brannreal bad
hen da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #28
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Go for it, Daisy!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #29
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Good luck Daisy!

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #30
deh74
~Smelly cat, smelly cat~

Come on Daisy, you've got this! shove that aerodactyl down it's beak!!!

Check out my PASBL stuff!
Former C+ Grade ref, currently ungraded.

Need a battle reffed? PM me.

Last edited by deh74; 09-02-2013 at 07:47 PM.
deh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #31
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Well, we all know that Daisy has her eyes on Moltres, but I look forwards to seeing if she surprises us.

I'll be keeping my eyes on this.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #32
Sparkbeat
Best Beaver

Good luck Daisy!
Sparkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #33
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

daisy has this in the bag V_V or in the ball :/
EmeraldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #34
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Breaking hiatus to wish Daisy some Super High School-Level Good Luck.
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #35
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Daisy, if you can beat me, you can beat this MLC! :P

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #36
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I dunno, Cele. I'm fairly certain that Moltres is invulnerable to freeze.

(:P)
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #37
deh74
~Smelly cat, smelly cat~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
I dunno, Cele. I'm fairly certain that Moltres is invulnerable to freeze.

(:P)
Hmmmmm. Freezing flames. Reminds me of rainbow ice.

Check out my PASBL stuff!
Former C+ Grade ref, currently ungraded.

Need a battle reffed? PM me.
deh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #38
DaisyInari
Making that sweet coin

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria I need a Climbey in my life~

Hi guys, I think I made my decision! It was a toughie, but I decided to go with...

Cresselia Moltres!Obvious choice is obvious! I decided to stick with my original choice, then when if I lose I can go for Cresselia :> They're both birds, so~

It costs $0 to be a nice person! And even if it wasn't free why waste energy being a jerk like seriously

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #39
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Aha, so you have chosen Moltres, the Legendary Bird of Fire and one of the original five Legendary Pokémon. Bound to its brethren Articuno and Zapdos and subservient to its Trio Master, Lugia, the original Phoenix Pokémon has been located in Kanto's Victory Road, Mt. Ember on One Island in the Sevii Isles, and roaming around the Sinnoh Region. However, today you shall face it... here:

Fire Island (Advanced Outdoor Arena)
A hot, scorched volcanic rock, Fire Island sits at the East of the three Legendary Islands of the Orange Archipelago. Home to Moltres, one of the Legendary Birds, the mighty Fire-type dwells within a cave located in the crater of the volcano. Thanks to its influence, the island is constantly hot with harsh sunlight beating down upon the stony ground. Battles take place on a ledge inside the volcanic crater, far above the magma chamber of the dormant mountain. This ledge is wide and able to support even the heaviest of Pokémon, but the inside face of the crater is hard to scale in order to climb upward, and while smaller ledges can be found around the inside of the volcano, they require extreme jumping skill to reach. On the lip of the crater is a stone shrine, which once held an orb needed to summon Lugia, Master of the Legendary Birds.

With challenge issued and arena decided, all we need now is Daisy's own choice of combatant, who shall go up against the Flame Pokémon in battle.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #40
DaisyInari
Making that sweet coin

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Yes hello I pick my just-added Aerodactyl to battle Moltres

I need all the help I can get

MLC please be kind to me
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #41
Mercutio
Banned

I will not be kind.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #42
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Allllllllllllllrighty then!

VERSUS

Amber the Aerodactyl will represent Daisy against Moltres, commanded by the Mystery Legend Controller.

If Daisy and the Mystery Legend Controller could PM me their first orders, we can get this thing started.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:07 AM   #43
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 1: Daisy VS. the Volcano

The sun beats down upon the volcanic peak of Fire Island. The presence of a flaming Pokémon steeped in myth causes it to shine brighter and hotter here than anywhere else in the Orange Islands. Few other Pokémon can tolerate such high temperatures, and as a result the isle is devoid of life, the only sounds being the crash of the waves on the basalt shore, the wind echoing in the volcano's crater, and the bubbling of magma far below.

But there is one sign of life. A small girl, with wide eyes and dark hair, has managed to reach the lip of the volcano. Peering over the edge, she weighs up her options before vaulting the rim and sliding down the steep incline on the other side. With almost bird-like agility she manages to leap between outcrops of rock, half jumping and half sliding into the volcano. After a few moments, she lands on a large ledge several metres below the crater's edge, rolling with the impact and landing on her feet. Straightening up, she casts nervous eyes around the interior of the volcano. The heat is incredible - baking sunlight from above meeting geothermal convection from the magma chamber below, but even that isn't the most oppressive feeling. Not next to the sheer awe of a Legendary presence.

Daisy need not wait long for her opponent to reveal herself. A cave lies directly opposite her position, and as she watches it begins to glow with fire, dimly at first but brighter by the second. Eventually, the cause is revealed, and the mighty phoenix bursts from the opening with a screech that echoes around the interior of the volcano and carries across the sea to nearby islands. Moltres' flames burn brightly, a look of defiance in its eyes as it inspects the interloper into its domain. Holding its wings open to catch thermal currents exuded from the volcano's base, it lazily flaps to keep itself aloft, the very image of power and grace.

Trembling before the mythical creature before her, Daisy almost fumbles as she reaches for a PokéBall. Indeed, her nerves are so apparent that she accidentally drops the device behind her, the orb splitting open to reveal its occupant, a grey-skinned ancient flyer of her own. Amber emerges curled around her trainer, aiming to soothe her nerves while staring daggers at her quarry. This seems to ease the girl, who relaxes with a deep breath. Nodding to her combatant, Amber spreads her wings wide, carrying her skyward to leave the two Flying-types at opposing ends of the volcano, several yards apart. Ready for battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari
*cracks knuckles* Sorry I took so long Dave! I wanted to draw an appropriate picture to go with my orders xfd;

Woo for my attempt at writing something interesting!

ALSO PRETEND THAT ITS NOT NIGHT TIME IN MY DRAWING AND ITS JUST DRAMATIC LIGHTING

Beads of sweat ran down Daisy's face- not just from the intense heat, but from the incredbile challenge that lay before her. Moltres was an impressive sight, and not for the first time a thought crossed the trainer's mind.

"What am I getting myself into?"

Her grip tightened on the pokeball in her right hand. Amber, Daisy's Aerodactyl and the newest addition to the team, curled behind her owner protectively, giving her fiercest glare at the phoenix. It was time to start the toughest battle Daisy had ever faced, but should she be successful, Moltres would be hers.

"Okay, Amber, I know you're new to the team and you literally have no battling experience whatsoever, but that's fine! I believe you'll do your best, and no matter what happens, I'm proud of you~"

"Confuse Moltres with a Supersonic as you try to get behind it. Then bite its neck with a Thunder Fang!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moltres
Strike hard, strike first. Use burst Agility to propel forward to strike Aerodactyl's right wing with Steel Wing.

With another loud screech, Moltres spreads its majestic wings wide, rising into the air thanks to the rising heat from far below. All it takes is one simple flap before it streak at its opponent like a flaming missile, the bird's incredible speed becoming swiftly apparent as it clears halfway across the volcano in a matter of seconds, bearing down upon its adversary with intent to rend and maim with talons and beak. But Amber hangs firm in the air, and before the mighty Fire-type can act she executes standard radar jamming protocol. Opening her fanged mouth, the Aerodactyl issues a burst of sound of such intense frequency that Moltres is overcome, its speedy flight suddenly neutered as it begins to flap about. The sonic attack echoes around the interior of the volcano before dispersing, leaving a thoroughly addled Legendary Bird only metres from its target, a glaze in its eye as confusion takes hold. Normally its awkward posture would force a landing, but the heat keeps it aloft with minimal effort. For now.

A smirk flicks across Amber's face as she observes her confused opponent. Spreading her membranous wings wide, the Rock-type gains some height on her opponent, using the same thermal currents to ascend toward the top of the mountain. A couple of cautious flaps carry her closer to her quarry, and with a few deft manoeuvres she finds herself directly above the concussed Legendary. The smirk grows into a grin as the Aerodactyl pours her entire electrical reserves into her teeth, which begin to spark and pop with energy as power grows around them. Prepared, the archosaur goes into a dive, jaws agape as she aims for her opponent's vulnerable neck. However, as she closes into striking range, she suddenly runs into a wall of heat, even amidst the searing sun and convection currents. While this doesn't bother her rocky nature, Moltres' natural hotness manages to strip some of the power of her attack, the electricity diffusing and refracting off her teeth as she closes in. Too late to stop and take stock, the prehistoric Pokémon follows through and clamps down on the phoenix's throat, her jaws infusing the remainder of the voltage into its body. Shocked alert, Moltres gives a strangled squawk of pain as the impact wheels it around, the Legendary Bird struggling to shake its aggressor off as the strong teeth of Amber tear into its neck.

After a few seconds of tussle, the two separate, Moltres righting itself in the air as a few drops of blood begin to seep from wounds suffered in the collision. Nothing debilitating, but enough to give some intense red streaks to its orange plumage. The myth's eyes narrow in rage as its mind clears, and with a flourish it brandishes its wings dangerously. Starting to flicker silver, the appendages quickly become coated in metallic energy, giving them a higher degree of strength and hardness that contrasts nicely with the flames trailing behind them. With a lunge, the Flame Pokémon closes in on Amber, and the Aerodactyl finds herself unable to react in time to dodge the resulting attack, Moltres swooping past to crash its right wing against the fossil's own. Though not as fast as Moltres was planning to attack, the collision still deals plenty of damage to the Rock-type, and Amber is sent wheeling away, only just managing to regain her flight before hitting the ledge, though a grimace of pain on her features shows that her wing may have been injured in the clash. Moltres wheels about to face its target, looking more triumphant in light of its revenge as this first round comes to a close. The Legend looks the more healthy of the two, but this battle has only just begun...
Old 10-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #44
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 2: Winds of Change

Quote:
When you cannot fly, you have lost. Hurricane to bounce Aerodactyl all around the Volcano and drain its energy trying to stay aloft. Then keep your distance.
Quote:
"Oh gosh, are you okay?" Daisy called out to Amber worriedly. "Augh, how could I have been so careless? We need to try a different tactic..."

"Stay low and Whirlwind. While Moltres is buffeted target its own wings with a Smack Down."

Having come out the loser in the recent aerial clash, Amber hangs low, her long tail grazing the wide ledge just inside the volcano's lip. Above her, the more victorious Legend glares down in disdain, determined to remove the ancient menace from its habitat, and any more attacks like that may well do it. Fitting for a battle between two masters of the sky, both Pokémon begin to flap their wings. The recent strike to her wing impairs the Rock-type's flight momentarily, but her technique is the quicker of the two, a burst of air and wind streaking toward the mythical creature from below. A mere kilogram heavier than its adversary, Moltres is buffeted slightly, as the winds push it back and closer to the side of the crater, but no expression of fear or worry crosses its majestic features as it slowly begins to counter the attack.

The phoenix' wings glow slightly as its native Flying energy pours outward, shaping the winds created from the downdraft of its limbs. The fire trailing behind fans and builds, creating an impressive lightshow through the wind as it continues to build. Amber's own breeze is nullified as the sheer power of the Legend cancels it, its own air current starting to twist and turn, creating a small tornado before the Flame Pokémon. Another outpouring of energy and air follows, creating another cyclone that hangs in the air. Another follows, and another, until a small group of twisters block the way between the two Flyers, completely eating up the Aerodactyl's air stream. A look of confidence crosses Moltres' face as its flapping slows, before one last, exaggerated sweep of its wings trigger its attack. The storm begins.

Though lacking in rain and storm surges, the attack lives up to its namesake as the series of cyclones quickly rip through the air, the lead one catching Amber full-on. The Aerodactyl screeches as she loses control of her flight, the wind ripping into her body and tearing at her lightweight wings. As the assault finishes, the vortex casually spits her out into one of its waiting brothers, dealing yet more damage and spinning the pterosaur violently, causing her to lose her bearings. Just as quickly, the twister tosses her into another one, the Rock-type's screams of pain and disorientation lost amid the howling winds. The onslaught is kept up as one final tornado ravages her, and while she resists the attack the sheer power of its legendary origin ensures that it deals a noticeable blow to her health. Finally, Amber is released from her torment, the last cyclone dropping her to the ledge, where she lands heavily, disoriented and confused, unsure of her position. Meanwhile, Moltes maintains its smirk as it touches down on the opposite edge of the makeshift floor, its wings somewhat tired after one if its most powerful moves, though it retains its advantage in both health and energy, having gone untouched this round. Amber struggles to right herself, thoroughly addled by the severe storm that has stripped a not-inconsiderable amount of health from her, and her struggles have resulted in a fair loss of energy too, leaving the Legend with the upper hand despite the type advantage on paper...
Old 01-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #45
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 3: Down to earth

Quote:
"[insert choice of expletive here]!! That went the opposite of what I wanted!! Stay strong Amber, try to snap out of it!" Daisy called to her addled pokemon.

"Once you've collected yourself, watch for a red aura around Moltres. If you see one, just take a breather. Otherwise, let's try Smack Down once more and then show it your Natural Gift! We can still do this..."
Quote:
"A moment's rest is a moment before revival. Ominous Wind to keep Aerodactyl at wings length, and evade anything rockish."

With both Flying-types sitting on the ledge inside the lip of the volcano, incapacitated from Moltres' last powerful attack, this round starts off slowly. The Legendary stretches its wings, massaging feeling back into them after such exertion, but being so early in the battle the after-effects of the storm it brought forth aren't as potent as they could have been. The same can't be said for its challenger, Amber's head still spinning after being caught in the maelstrom and dumped unceremoniously on the deck. The Rock-type tries to clear her head, making out the desperate cries of her trainer through her confusion, but so so addled is she that she only recognises the part about attacks. Fumbling, the ancient ruler of the skies manages to right herself, hunched over as she supports her weight on folded wings, trying to focus on the blurred images that her eyes register. Battling through her spinning brain, she manages to form a small orb of energy within her maw, which condenses into a hard, cannonball form. With a lunge, she fires her attack at her target, the sphere rocketing toward Moltres... but her confusion proves costly, the ball going wide toward the phoenix' left wingtip. Having been looking out for just this kind of technique, and its wings now mostly recovered, the mythical bird simply flexes, pulling up its appendage just in time for the attack to pass harmlessly underneath, slamming into the wall of the crater behind for no effect.

Despite having a beak, one can almost discern a smirk on Moltres' face as it prepares its own attack. Proving beyond doubt that it has healed from the strain of its last attack, it now flaps a few times, taking to the air in the process as it infuses its wingbeats with otherworldly energy. A few more sweeps of its flaming forelimbs, and a gust of wind washes outward, giving a purple tint to the air as it blows toward its target. Despite the heat of the arena, a distinct chill can be felt as the Legend uses spectral power to assault its foe, the breeze buffeting Amber around as more of her health slips away. However, it also helps her come to her senses, the Fossil Pokémon glaring at her adversary with renewed vigour as she expands her wings defiantly, preparing a counter attack. Drawing power from her surroundings, Amber focuses that energy within her body, raising her tail into the air before slamming it into the ground, sending it through the ledge toward her opponent. Seconds later, a pulse of power bursts upward beneath Moltres to damage it, but there's been a miscalculation. Where one might assume that rocky terrain would create a Rock-type attack, the sheer facts that this battle takes place atop a volcano, under intense sunlight, and in the presence of a Legendary Pokémon of Fire, all combine to create a burst of flaming energy, which barely damages the phoenix as a result, that perceived smirk growing ever wider on the bird's face. It knows that it still holds its advantage, having achieved much more damage this round while using less energy as it hovers in the air, staring down at the still-grounded Amber who glares back, a snarl of defiance curling her own jaws as she prepares for her next orders...
Old 03-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #46
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 4: Days Long Past

Quote:
"Fossils are from a time long forgotten, Legends are ancient but remembered. Ancient Power before crushing a Steel Wing into her."
Quote:
Daisy let out a tear as the Natural Gift failed to work like she wanted it to. It was worth a shot... But she couldn't let Amber suffer anymore without doing some damage to Moltres first.

"Amber, we can still do this! Keep yourself anchored to the ground because flying will get you nowhere! Cross your talons and unleash a Hidden Power!"

Hanging in the air, Moltres observes its would-be conqueror, Amber snarling in defiance as she hugs the ledge. The Legendary Bird casts its mind back, through the mists of time to when it shared the sky with creatures such as the Aerodactyl, in aeons past. Putting its primordial status to work, the Flame Pokémon's outline shimmers briefly as an after-image of its burning body floats outward before it. The image begins to swirl, distorting as it spins on the spot, wings and talons being drawn into the centre to form a shining, volatile orb, brimming with the power of the past. Using her foe's own type against her, Moltres screeches before casting the sphere forward, causing it to streak through the air and bear down upon Amber. Staying on the deck, the Fossil is ungainly and unmanoeuvrable, fully exposed to the power of the Legend's attack as the energy crashes into her, a growl of pain leaving her maw as she is exposed to the irony of her weakness to Rock-type attacks. Eyes flashing with malice, the pterosaur's eyes glow as she taps into her inner nature, pulling forth the very fabric of her being. Slowly, small spheres blink into existence, swirling around her body as they grow in size, taking on a brown tint to display their rocky nature. After a few seconds, the orbs stop multiplying and growing as they spin around their owner, only to suddenly hang motionless in the air. With a wave of her wing, Amber casts the energy outward, the swarm of lights bursting toward the Legendary.

Moltres is helpless to evade the assault, and is struck by the vast majority of the power, a screech echoing around the interior of the volcano as the Legendary takes its first appreciable damage of the battle, spilling out of the crater and carrying far around Fire Island, causing wild Pokémon to look toward the mountain in fear. Moltres' eyes blaze with fury at its adversary's insolence, and once again its wings shimmer, taking on a metallic glint as the remains of the mythical creature's Steel-type energy wraps around them. The fire trailing from its wings dances across the metal shell, which gleams in the harsh sunlight. With a squawk of anger, the phoenix dives upon its target, streaking like a missile as the fire trails behind it. With her orders to sit still, Amber does so, her eyes widening in horror as her mighty foe approaches. She attempts to duck out of the way, but a pivot from Moltres brings its wingtip to trail just above the surface of the ledge before smashing into its quarry. The impact sends Amber skittering backward, a roar of pain leaving her fanged mouth while Moltres wheels upward, the glow leaving its wings as it turns to face its target. Though both sides have suffered this round, the Legend still appears overwhelmingly healthy, while Amber's rocky skin is battered and bruised, her health razed by a pair of super-effective attacks, looking well past half-done. That aside, both combatants are energetic, having managed their expenditures nicely, neck-and-neck in that particular race, though Amber is clearly eager to exact revenge upon her confident nemesis...
Old 06-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #47
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 5: For the Night is Dark, and Full of Terrors

Quote:
"Okay, let's just go with brute force! Stone Edge x2!"
Quote:
"To wash away impurity, the only course is to bathe in fire. Whirlwind it off its perch into the air above the lava, then Sky Drop her into the lava without bothering to rise first, the height is already sufficient."

On the back foot, her rocky body battered and bruised, Amber snarls defiantly up at the blazing form of Moltres. The Flying-type hunkers down as she summons rocky energy into the form of rings around her body, preparing to go on the offensive. The white structures flash before condensing into a series of small, but sharp stones, orbiting around their originator at a fast pace. Though confident in how the battle is going so far, the Legendary Pokémon is fully aware that this fight can flip at any moment, and does not stand idle, glaring at its foe's insolence. The Phoneix' wings pump harder as it generates a burst of air, covering the distance between the two easily just as Amber fires her own attacks. The sudden gust of wind throws off the trajectory of some of the rocks, forcing some to miss as they streak through the turbulent air toward their target, stabbing against the Fire-type's feathers and eliciting a shriek of pain from the mythological creature, though the damage is far less than its full potential. Amber, meanwhile, has more pressing concerns, Moltres' sudden windstorm picking up her light frame and casting her off the edge of the ledge to hang above the crater of the volcano. Instinctively, the Rock-type spreads her wings, ensuring that she doesn't drop like a brick, but this puts her at the mercy of the buffeting effect of the gust, knocking her into the crater walls for some more damage before it fades away, leaving her airborne above the magma chamber at the base of the mountain, a long way below.

Flexing her wings, the pterosaur continues her assault, another series of white rings circulating around her body. Recognising the danger, Moltres doesn't give its foe the chance to act. Another sweep of its majestic wings carry the Legendary Bird forward with a sudden burst of speed, causing it to close in on its opponent. Amber's eyes open wide in surprise as the energy surrounding her once again forms an orbit of rocks, and before she realises what is happening, Moltres streaks over her, seizes her wings in its talons, and sinks. The fossil yelps in surprise, firing her attack at close range, but with the sudden disruption more than a few stones miss their mark, embedding into the wall of the volcano's crater. Moltres grits its beak, not letting go of its quarry as it quickly sinks toward the base of its home, flying like a flaming missile with Amber trailing behind, upside-down relative to her captor but facing the same direction, struggling to free herself. As the temperature increases, Amber's attention turns from being carried to something a little more pressing, soon realising with an ironically cold dread that the lava pit at the volcano's base, once so far away, is looming ever closer. The Aerodactyl redoubles her efforts, but despite her rocky skin she can't manage to free herself from the iron grip of Moltres' talons without risking breaking her fragile wings. Just when it looks like Moltres is taking Amber for a swim, the Legend's wings open like a parachute, and it releases its grip. With the built-up momentum, Amber is unable to react in time, and is shot into the lava in a spectacular dive, a screech of terror echoing up the entire crater before disappearing in a muted 'Gloop'. Moltres ascends a few feet, keeping a watchful eye on the magma's surface, knowing that this isn't enough to put its challenger away. Sure enough, after a few pained seconds, Amber resurfaces, struggling to climb into the air, her breathing ragged. Severe burns cover her body, her Rock-typing preventing her from being instantly melted by the molten rock, but she'll certainly need time to recuperate when this battle is said and done. While she closed Moltres' health lead, she is looking badly beaten, and suddenly knackered, while Moltres is now into the second half of its health but still in control of the battle on paper. Things are looking desperate for Amber, surely this battle can't last much longer...
Old 07-29-2014, 05:15 PM   #48
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Round 6: When a Tornado meets a Volcano

Quote:
"To fully wash away impurity, rinse and repeat. Whirlwind it back into the lava before conjuring a Twister to carry both Aerodactyl and whatever lava the Twister picks up into the walls and sweet unconsciousness."
Quote:
At the sight of Amber falling into lava, Daisy's spirit crumbled even more. Sure, she wanted to catch Moltres, but looking at her Aerodactyl's critical condition was traumatizing, and Daisy wanted to do nothing but call Amber back and run to safety. Then she caught her pokemon's eye, the fierce determination to finish this battle to the end.

Win this battle, or DIE TRYING!! Okay, maybe not die, but at the very least try not to stall unnecessarily anymore.

"Smack Down as you rise up, Amber! We need to get you away from all the sharp rock and heat and nasty lava! Use your short-term Agility to stay away from Moltres and dodge any attacks!"

Having fully stamped its authority on this match, Moltres stares down at its subjugated opponent, resting on the thermal currents exuded by the magma chamber of its home. Amber glares back, shreds of defiance still evidence on the Aerodactyl's visage, despite how battered the rest of her body is from her recent bath in the molten rock. Eyes narrowing at its challenger's impudence, the Fire-type screeches, the cry echoing up the length of the volcano's crater, its magnificent flaming wings spreading wide once more before beating furiously. A stream of air blows outward, stirring the stale, hot air that gathers atop the magma and buffeting the opposing Flyer. A low growl escapes Amber's maw as she tries to steady herself, but Moltres' height advantage causes her already low altitude to falter, the heat beneath her growing as she slips closer to the lava. The Rock-type desperately pumps her wings, but this only destabilises her more, rushing her descent. In a last ditch attempt, the archosaur quickly gathers a small orb of energy within her mouth, spitting it outward to cut through the disruptive breeze. Seconds later, she hits the surface of the lava, another shriek of pain bursting from her maw as she sinks out of sight again. Moltres is unable to relish this success for long, as Amber's parting gift smashes into its wing, eliciting another squawk of surprise. The impact causes the Legendary to drop in height, plummeting to just above the lava before managing to arrest its descent, gliding on the layer of heat beyond the surface, its wing clearly smarting.

Trying to massage life back into its dented limb, the creature of myth watches the churning surface of the magma chamber. Sure enough, after a few moments part of the lava shifts, allowing Amber to climb out of the scorching pit, her wings just barely holding her in the air as she fights to breathe, her body covered in burns. A look of almost pity crosses Moltres' face as it beholds its broken adversary. With a slight wince, the phoenix flexes its wings again, focusing energy as it pumps faster and faster, generating a howling vortex of wind before it. The towering cyclone licks at the lava beneath, some of it being sucked up to add fuel to the tornado. Straining with the impact, the Legendary casts the attack off with one last lunge, sending it drifting toward the battered challenger. Amber attempts to dodge the incoming attack, but with her body beaten and broken, she can only list lazily to the left as the whirlwind bears down. Soon, the attack is upon her, tearing and ravaging at her form. Though resistant to the energy imbued within the tornado, the lava picked up within splashing against her skin adds to the damage, and the Aerodactyl suddenly goes limp. Her body is swirled about by the vortex, before being slung into the wall of the crater, impacting with a hefty thud as cooling lava splashes the rock around her. The Flying Fossil is unmoving, having taken just too much damage to continue fighting the good fight. Pained, feathers ruffled, Moltres approaches its downed quarry, regarding her solemnly. With deft movements, the Legendary Bird delicately plucks its foe from the rock face, spreading its wings to carry the pair of them aloft. After a few minutes of gentle ascension, the two Pokémon rise above the ledge where all this started, Moltres gently placing the battered body of its opponent at her trainer's feet. The Fire-type looks Daisy in the eye for a second, before letting out one last ear-splitting screech before diving back into the crater, heading back to its roost to lick its wounds and gather its strength. Sadly, Daisy returns her champion to her PokéBall, before starting to make her ascent from the innards of the volcano, having come away with nothing but a hard-fought battle.

Amber is unable to battle, leaving Daisy with no usable Pokémon remaining! Moltres wins the match!

Yes, at long last it's over. Unfortunately not with the outcome many would have liked. Sorry Daisy, but capturing a Legend isn't the easiest of tasks. Ultimately, your downfall was not using enough Rock attacks and allowing Moltres to build enough momentum to take the win. By the time you started to fight back Moltres was simply too far in front, and then the lava happened. Commiserations, I hope you're more lucky if you try again.

For more long-term stuff:

Amber the Aerodactyl will require a 1 match stay in the Pokémon Centre for burns on account of being dunked in lava.
DaveTheFishGuy receives 5 SP for reffing a Legend Match
The Mystery Legend Controller receives 5 SP for controlling a Legend

And that's all she wrote. I'll leave it to the Mystery Legend Controller to reveal themselves should they so desire. Thanks to all for reading, I hope it was enjoyable. No death threats please.

Thanks for using the DaveTFG Reffing Service.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:19 PM   #49
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I didn't want to win

I was pulling for you, but being MLC means you have to take things seriously. Thanks for the match, Daisy, you were a worthy foe for my last challenger.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive