Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #226
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
"Potency" already includes damage.
That's not specified and there's no numbers involved. "Potency" also doesn't have connotations of damage and hitting things, it has connotations of effectiveness and efficacy. Besides, "range" is stupidly redundant anyway. When's the last time someone ordered "QUICK RUN AWAY FROM THE HYPER VOICE" or "USE ST AGILITY TO DODGE ROUND"? Nobody. Because that's a stupid idea, the sound will just hit you no matter what range you are.

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #227
Mercutio
Banned

Quite candidly there is no way to make that pokémon good. It cannot be done.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #228
Connor
Who Knows?

Well no. Moves like Supersonic should become less powerful at range. Potency also very much so means damage. If a Hyper Voice is more potent, it is going to cause more damage. How is this difficult?
Old 08-03-2014, 12:11 AM   #229
Mew The Gato
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Besides, "range" is stupidly redundant anyway. When's the last time someone ordered "QUICK RUN AWAY FROM THE HYPER VOICE" or "USE ST AGILITY TO DODGE ROUND"? Nobody. Because that's a stupid idea, the sound will just hit you no matter what range you are.
Sound moves can very much be dodged if concentrated.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:21 AM   #230
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Yeah, Sound attacks are cone-shaped in the PASBL. They don't just hit everything the sound would hit because otherwise that would be hilariously broken.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:34 AM   #231
Mercutio
Banned

Right I've been contracted to finish this up within a week so I'll temporarily close the thread in a day or two in order to draw a line and ensure that things can be completed neatly. I think the plan is to take the vast majority of suggestions on board and ensure that pokemon identified as still being shit are helped out. Dodrio and Krocketune spring to mind.

If you have any burning need to make sweeping suggestions now is the time to do it. I'm also going to implement a little more of the Grass stuff we asked for some time ago if I can.

We will also see that levitation, inorganic, comfort, enthusiastic and other copy paste clauses that we've never defined are included at the top.

Last edited by Mercutio; 08-03-2014 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:16 AM   #232
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

So this may sound like a terrible idea but can we give Wormadam some kind of boost based on the type of arena? Like a Foresty Arena would give the Plant cloak some kind of buff, a Rocky/sandy arena give a boost to the Sandy Cloak and a city-like arena to the Trash forme? Because while their new SCs are cool, I don't really think a pink-coloured Worma-Steel is going to blend well in the forest, or even in certain parts of a city arena.

Also not sure if this is implemented but can we have Wormadam floating a small bit above ground like Honedge (?) so it doesn't become something that can't move and just gets stuck on the floor. Besides, anime evidence!

Because hopping is really awkward sometimes.

[Current WF Adventure]
(lol totally should update these links)
Old 08-03-2014, 06:18 AM   #233
Mercutio
Banned

I'm quite happy to look in to an arena boost of some kind, if you could propose a couple more specifics that would be helpful, and animé evidence would be very useful. On levitatin I think we agreed that it's actually just hanging off of the roof, branches etc, but if anyone has animé evidence that absolutely conclusively shows that it actually levitates then that's fine.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #234
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

So since Wormadam had a grand total appearance of three times. Once in a movie cameo. The other time being Ursula's Contest Performance. The earliest appearance of Wormadam probably would probably provide the most proof. And even in that episode it appeared merely as "still frames" and actually hardly moved. Apparently the Wormadam didn't float in the episode and merely stood on the floor.

Though here's some stuff I found on Burmy/Wormadam in the Episode (DP30 to be exact).

Firstly, Burmy has the ability to stretch the thing on top of his head to grab and latch itself onto objects as shown in...

So while I think that's what the "can hold on to things with its appendages" meant I think it'd be nice to elaborate that it's stretchable to avoid confusion.

Second, this is so much crack but it's worth pointing it out...

Well, what actually happened (not included in the screenshots) was fukken Cheryl's BURMY using the thing on his head to toss Wobbuffet overhead. So while I'm not proposing Burmy and subsequently Wormadam to get those moves, it can probably be used to show how stretchable Wormadam's head thingies are, that they can stretch long distance. In fact, I'd really love it if they were SC'd to be as versatile as Galvantula's String Shot movement.

The other appearance of Wormadam is Ursula's Contest Appeal Round, with her using a Sandy Cloak Wormadam. Having watched through that portion of the episode myself, I'm quite confident to say that Ursula's Wormadam was just... floating. I can't exactly say that it's "conclusive evidence" since a lot of the contest appeal rounds are crack, but if anyone watches that portion Ursula's Wormadam was floating. Best screenshot I could find is...

---

As for the terrains thing, there's no anime evidence for it but it's something I thought would make sense given the formes' association with different terrains. I was thinking something along the lines of fairy-type esque enthusiasm when battling in different environments, but I understand if this get shot down due to lack of anime evidence. After all, this is an ANIME styled battle league. Though given how little Wormadam appeared (One cameo, one episode as still frames and one episode as Ursula's Contest Mon) I think it should get a little bit of leeway on the anime evidence thing.

Also I just spent like an hour on trying to improve Wormadam wtf am I doing with my life

[Current WF Adventure]
(lol totally should update these links)

Last edited by Lanturn; 08-03-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #235
Mercutio
Banned

Yeah well Dave and I spent months on this so I mean. You're fine.

Ok. I think that the Galvantula idea is better, personally, but it's ultimately down to the LOs to make the call and they may disagree. As for the arenas thing I'm sure we can rustle something up/ Thanks for doing that work.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:40 AM   #236
Mercutio
Banned

I'll be closing this tomorrow night BST in order to get this done before I have to move house, get all your niggles with the new versions of the SCs out now. I'd be particularly interested to hear if there are any problems with the types themselves.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #237
Red Panda
donk

Okay, a few things:

Quote:
[Bug]: Bugs can, in most cases, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike extreme cold. Their status inducing attacks have a slight boost to their chance of inflicting statuses.
I propose that it is changed to (changed part bolded):

[Bug]: Bugs can, in most cases, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike extreme cold. Their status inducing attacks are slightly more potent.

Most status moves or moves that have a chance of status already have a high enough chance to inflict that status, so making so those moves are slightly more potent is more useful overall and still makes sense.

Also for the Steel typing, I'm not sure what the interaction with Poison means. Are they immune to poison energy? Do they simply take resisted damage from them (so Mawile would take Neutral damage)?
Old 08-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #238
Mercutio
Banned

Good calls.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #239
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Okay, a few things:

I propose that it is changed to (changed part bolded):

[Bug]: Bugs can, in most cases, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike extreme cold. Their status inducing attacks are slightly more potent.

Most status moves or moves that have a chance of status already have a high enough chance to inflict that status, so making so those moves are slightly more potent is more useful overall and still makes sense.

Also for the Steel typing, I'm not sure what the interaction with Poison means. Are they immune to poison energy? Do they simply take resisted damage from them (so Mawile would take Neutral damage)?
The thing with Mawile was already addressed by Jeri. Steel Pokemon are immune to poison energy, but the XX factor of Poison moves may cause some physical damage. Same with Dragon moves and Fairies. Treat Mawile and Magnemite has taking resisted damage, albeit very resisted.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #240
Zelphon
Happy October

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Many Psychics are credited for their high intellect, how about letting Psychic types understand more complex orders?

Old 08-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #241
Mercutio
Banned

Your suggestion is so terrible that I'm closing this thread. You have ruined it for everyone. I cannot believe you.

(Not really, I'll see what the higher ups think, thanks! )

If you have any more suggestions, sit on them, you had your chance! If you have questions, there are other threads
Old 08-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #242
Mercutio
Banned

Mental note to fix levitation on Mega Evolutions and Rotom Formes at some point.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries