UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Metro Cerulean

Old 05-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
Akanjão
Boulder Badge

Pride Meets Life

Pride walked through Cerulean, alongside his partners, the bear Stahl and Honest, the Doduo. Stahl was on top Doduo, talking as much as he could:
"What's it, Pride! Look at the sea, the women, the guys, those fish! They're all awesome, man, you should go and meet them, baby!

But Pride was not much worried with this. Indeed, he was just questioning himself what to do. He looks at the sea, still wondering what he is and isn't capable to do. But soon he gets over it and decides:
"I think... I think..."

Stahl stepped in, with all his mighty rudeness:

"You think what? If you keep thinking, you'll get nowhere, baby!"
"Shut up, Stahl! I know what to do! I'll go in search for cute pokémon!"
"And hopefully, you'll sacrifice it and give his soul for mighty Arceus, HAHAHAHAHA!

Pride gives him a cold stare, despising Stahl's thoughts. As the stuffed bear laughed, Pride quickly delivered a punch right on Stahl's face. The bear did nothing but stopped with all his non-sense talk.
Pride now knew what to do, he wanted to move on. Cerulean was great, but moving was necessary. As he walked through the city, he flickered his eyes as soon as he noticed he was near the Route 9. The grassy path was so welcoming, he smiled to it, and soon run towards it, with a big smile on his face. Though he was happy, Stahl and Honest couldn't contain the laugh. Pride was too idiot for them, specially that smile of his.
Not that Pride was worried, though. He gave them another cold stare and said:
"Laugh once more and I'll move on and let you guys here, alone, at the wild. There's plenty of cute pokémon outta there AND YOU GUYS AREN'T EXACT THAT! I will search for them, and capture them, love them, and-

"Blablabla! You'll do nothing, baby! Not without us! Honest, move on!!!

Honest, the Doduo, quickly runned to Pride, which was facing the route already. He looked to his trainer and wondered; "What will happen from now on?". But Pride knew already:
"We'll search for cute stuff! Pokémon!

Last edited by Akanjão; 05-31-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Akanjão is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

((Hi there Akanjão, welcome to Wild Future! I'll be your updater for your first adventure ^^ If you have any questions about it, don't be afraid to ask ^^ I hope you have fun!

On a side note, in the future, please put a link to your profile either whenever you post in an adventure, so everyone who updates you can quickly check it out, alright? To simplify things for you, you can just put that link in your signature! ^^))

As you rode on Honest, your trusty Doduo, as your first time away from Canalave City as a travelling Pokémon Trainer, you also are taking a stroll around Cerulean City, also known as "the blue aura". Altough it's quite different from where you grew up, the Kanto city being a bit bigger and more populous (thanks to the mass migration from the southern Kanto to the north caused by the disasters,) you couldn't help but feel at home when you disembarked the boat that brought you here – thank Arceus for conveniently living in another port city – as the smells of fresh fish and salty water filled your nostrils. Stawl, your mechanical and somehow intelligent bear, is excited at the new sights, aweing at the view the sparkling sea, the sea creatures that are filling either aquariums or fish boats, and the bustling crowd. He urges you to go and meet someone but, although hesitant at first as you had no idea what you should do, you have now other plans: you absolutely want to find adorable Pokémon. You knew you would have a hard time to find any Pokémon where humans are living, so you move towards the outskirts of Cerulean, bringing you to the east of the city, right at the border of Route 9 with its nice, leasury path swaying through the emerald meadow. Finally seeing something to your liking, you can't help but show off a huge grin before running to the natural lawn happily. On the other hand, your two partners, Honest and Stahl, giggle at your silly and childish antics and reaction to the simple and abundant plant. Not amused by their reactions, you give them a good scold before returning back at dashing towards the grass again, the Doduo catching up.

Before you finally jumped into the grassy paradise however, you suddenly feel something bumping against you from behind... and it wasn't Honest. In fact, nobody have no idea what just bumped into you exactly since it moved so fast, all you saw was a purple blur disappearing into the taller grass... and that it was strong to the point this "bump" pushes you and makes you fall to the ground frontwards! Your Doduo tries to reach up to you and cushion your fall, but he is just not close enough to you to do so, leaving you plunging face first into the grass, as if you were kissing it. Your teddy bear bursts into laughter again, but this time Honest was more on your side since he feels ridiculed too, but his shyness prevents him to retaliate...

"HEY, COME BACK HERE YOU THIEF!"

Your group's scene gets interrupted by a yelling, sweaty and obese man rushing towards you, only for him to colapse on his knees, his legs giving up on him from running too much.

"Hey... you... guys!" the 40-something year old asked, while panting heavily and wiping the sweat off the bald part of his horseshoe hair with his white but greasy tank top, "have you... seen a... Liepard... running around here... somewhere!?"

After both you and the man got back on your feet, you explained what you saw... the best you could, anyway. The heavy person grunts then sighs in despair.

"Ugh, that must have been it! I've been trying to get it for weeks!" he throws his frustration at you before he finally calms down, rubbing his palm against his shiny forehead. "...Ehhh, I'm sorry boy... That Liepard has been just trouble for me... Oh, let me introduce myself!" he offers his hand. "I'm Wesley Peddler, mechanical manager of the proud Miracle Cycle Cerulean bike shop! But you can just call me Wheely! ...So, what I was going to say... Ah yes! I've been after that Liepard for weeks, because everyday, it manages to sneak in the garage and steal bicycle parts and even sometimes our lunches, no matter what we do! And it's not just little parts: sheesh, at this point, it must have stolen so many pieces, if it had oppossable thumbs and the know-how, it could make at least 4 full bikes! ...Say," he looks over your Doduo, "you got one nice Pokémon there! Looks like a pretty fast one, too! Heh, it used to be a popular Pokémon among our clients, since many of them were found on the Cycling Road... But I digress! Anyways, I hate to beg, but I'm at my wit's ends here: I'm nowhere fit to keep up with that burglar cat, and I don't got Pokémon, either – I'm a mechanic manager, not a Pokémon trainer, for crying out loud! Can you help me out get those pieces it stole back and maybe get rid of that Liepard, somehow? Oh, and don't worry about getting nothing back in return: I've already filed a report to the cops for this, but since I'm considered a 'low priority case' – pcht! – they've put it into their 'mercenary cases': Letting trainers take care of those and give a reward whenever they do! But if I find their reward 'really' sucks compared to the job you've done..." he shakes his pointer finger towards you as he lowered his voice, "you can assure you that I'm going to give you extra! So, what do say..." he holds out his hand again, "...uh, what's your name again, young man?"

The jolly fellow chuckled at his small social blunder, holding his large belly with his other hand.

What would you like to do?
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #3
Akanjão
Boulder Badge

Still quite confused with all that happened and by the man's speak, Pride decided to ask Stahl for a enlightenment. Begged, actually. The mechanised bear were truly amazed by the fact his owner were finally asking for his opinion, and that he could help... Somehow. Considering Pride's ego, that was something big. He looked to Pride and said, loud:
"Help the guy, baby! First of all, he. Need. Us. That's not even common. To a extent, why would someone EVER need you! Second, he has a reward. And that reward may be good. Third, maybe you can caught a Liepard-"
"It's not thaaaaaaaaaat cute, you know!"
Pride interrupted Stahl's speak, which retaliated by screaming with the poor guy. Not that he wasn't screaming with him already;

"BOY! Stahp! We. Need. The. Reward! And Honest is not enough to protect us from all those mighty monster out there! And even, he's UGLY! AND NO CUTIE AT ALL! So... We. Need. The. Liepard! So, accept this and help the guy, before I forget I shouldn't be shouting at all."
Rudeness. That described Stahl's act... And speak. Honest started to cry, while Pride was just angered. But to a extent, frustated. He looked at Stahl and punched the bear, with his fist well closed, right on what-we-describe-as-a-chest. Stahl was sent flying a few meters, far away from both him and Honest. Talking about the Doduo, he conforted the ugly duck- Doduo, saying how he was awesome and not an ugly thing, like Stahl said. As Honest recovered from his short depression, Pride looked over the-guy-with-the-huge-belly and said: -- We accept the task, young man! Pride has no fear. Do you know anything about where he lives, though? As I am... Clueless.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

((You forgot to put the link to your WF profile again! ^^; Can you please make it a habit and put it either in your post or even in your signature? Thanks! ))

Still disoriented to what happened and how Wheely suddenly showed up and asked for your help, you, in turn, asked – or should I say beg – for advice to Stawl. With no hesitation, your strange teddy bear suggest strongly to accept the bike mechanic's request, putting emphasis on how he needs needs your help, how you need the reward, and even tried to hint the possibility of catching the Liepard. After a big, heated argument that resulted making poor Honest cry and Stawl receive a good old punch in the face, you comforted your Doduo. After you assured that your Pokémon was no longer glum, you followed Stawl's advice and accepted the obese, and "young" man's task, but you also asked if he had any idea where the Liepard lived.

"H-hey, I'm not that young; you're at least half my age!" Weasley chuckled nervously before going back on the main subject. "Unfortunately I don't know where it lives, either! Like I said, I've been trying to figure it out myself by following it, but as you can tell I can't catch up with it..." he laughed nervously again, but this time his voice had a hint of sadness as he looked down at his belly and feet. "Well, I got a plan on how you guys will be able to find it though! It almost worked for me, so it'll definitely work for you guys! Like I said, the Liepard usually comes around the shop once everyday. Since it did its 'visit' for today, it'll likely come back sometime tomorrow! So why don't you guys stay at my garage, starting tomorrow morning, and wait for it to show up then follow it to its home or whatever its living or keeping all my materials? Be sure to bring lunch though – you don't want to leave to go to a restaurant – and trust me, the temptation will be strong! – and right there and then the Liepard strikes! Happened to me once... or twice... Anyways, I suggest you enjoy the sights in Cerulean today, and tomorrow come and visit the shop at 7 in the morning! Oh and before I forgot, the shop's in Misty Plaza! Big building, big bike-shaped sign... you can't miss it! Just knock on the door and ask for me, and I'll come and get you!" He looks at his watch for a moment before looking back at you again. "Well, I better get back! The guys may do excellent work, but they still need to be watched over! See you tomorrow then! Have a nice day!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

After Wheely left, you did as he suggested and spent the day exploring the city (to Stawl's delight) then when came night time, slept in one of the Pokémon Center's bunk beds. When the sun rise, you woke up, get yourself ready for the day, and walked to Misty Plaza, which was bustling with life as many shoppers were already there to chase the newest sales and the odor of brewed coffee and fresh hot bread wafted the area to attract the hungry ones for a breakfast in the cafes. While trying to not get too distracted, sure enough you easily find the "Miracle Cycle" bike store. You enter it, and it didn't take long for Weasley to greet you after you asked for him to the employee behind the cash register.

"Hey, top of the morning to you! Hope you slept well! Follow me, I'll show you the way to my little corner of this biking paradise!"

As you followed him into the garage, you discovered, despite the nasty smell of oil going through your nostrils, how high-tech, organised, and all-around nice the workshop was: the mechanics were joyfully building or repairing bicycles on the rhythm of the rock music playing on the radio, time to time walking towards the walls which was decorated and filled with countless yet well-sorted tools, bottles of various chemicals and boxes of frames, chains and other essential bike parts. Wheely waived his finger threateningly at those boxes.

"Keep an eye on those, kid! On the rare times we see the Liepard before it flees, that's right where we see see him, right in the act!"

After propping up a few chairs for you and Stawl to sit, you looked around and waited for the infamous thief to show up. You would've thought it would have been the most boring thing in the world, but it wasn't as bad as it seemed, as the radio and the more social machinists entertained you enough. So you waited, and waited, ate your lunch and waited some more... nothing seemed to be happening, but just where the third and last break of the day for the workers started, you noticed some turbulence happening in a far-off corner of the garage. You got up to investigate, and on the way to the commotion, a mechanic ran towards you.

"It's here! It's here! Quick Pride, before it gets away!"

You did not hesitate to dash to the scene, and sure enough, the Liepard was finally present! The workers around it tried it's best to catch or hit him with their own arms, but the Cruel Pokémon dodged them all so gracefully, despite having heavy chain rings in its jaws, the machinists looked like a bunch of fools. Wheely finally showed up also, ordering his employees to leave the cat alone so you can handle the situation.

"Go on and get it!"

Although technically it could've dashed away immediately into freedom, the weight of the bicycle parts and the tumbling mechanics were distracting enough for the Liepard to slow down and not make a run for it right away. You estimated that it would likely give you enough time to attack it on the spot; However, this could be also an opportunity to saddle up on Honest so you can pursue it more efficiently, plus there's the fact that you need to know where it was hiding all the other bike parts it previously stole...

What will you do?
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Metro Cerulean