UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #701
Mercutio
Banned

As I recall it was quite good. However, Jeri is now doing the bulk of the proofreading and adding a few things (and therefore potentially removing some).
Old 05-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #702
Jerichi
本✚能

I'll be working on it bit by bit this week. Hopefully I can get it done within the next two or so weeks and we can get new SCs for you all.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 06-01-2014, 03:27 AM   #703
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quote:
Spritzee (Fairy): Spritzee emits a pleasant scent constantly. Any Pokémon that comes within 5 feet of Spritzee will suffer the effects of Sweet Scent. Any moves involving gasses or scents will be more potent and will linger for a longer period of time. This effect comes with diminishing returns. Spritzee moves primarily through levitation, using its small wings to direct its movement, but cannot float more than knee height off the ground.

Aromatisse (Fairy): Aromatisse emits a pleasant scent constantly. Any Pokémon that comes within 5 feet of Aromatisee will suffer the effects of Sweet Scent. Any moves involving gasses or scents will be more potent and will linger for a longer period of time. Aromatisee is also able to release a sour, spicy or bitter smell in order to distract or irritate its foes in a manner similar to Cotton Spore. This effect comes with diminishing returns.
Can we also give Aromatisse the ability to float up to knee height, like the preevolution Spritzee? Mainly because Aromatisse is awful. Also, mentioned this earlier and Kush said that he'd consider it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
Could we please give Mothim Psychic-familiarity? Excluding Aromatisse, every other Pokemon that learns Psychic via Level up gets Psychic familiarity, including Ariados, Gorebyss, and Venomoth. Even Butterfree gets Psychic familiarity even though she only gets it via TM. All those Bugs getting Psychic-familiarity might give Mothim a case?

Also, I'd argue for Aromatisse getting Psychic familiarity, but by God, her design is terrible.
Because everybody else who learns Psychic via level-up is Psychic-familiar, and my god, Aromatisse is terrible. Plus half her movepool is Psychic anyway.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:43 AM   #704
Mercutio
Banned

Psychic familiarity and levitation were brought up by me and little discussion was had. Will poke.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #705
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

with the new scale being 6/9, can smeargle get a sketch bump from ten moves to 15 standard moves?
Old 06-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #706
Mercutio
Banned

You're going to have to at least attempt to argue that logically.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #707
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

10 is too few. 15 seems like a better number. I really dislike having to pose a long drawn out argument for everything.

With 15, Smeargle becomes more versatile and the option for his sig is no longer an obligate "give me an additional 20 sketch slots" Its just to increase its utility vs it being the same old sig. Also, does the normal debuff apply to Smeargle?
Old 06-01-2014, 01:19 PM   #708
Red Panda
donk

I'm agreeing with EG on this one.

Yes, of you get a Smeargle, you should expect it to be subpar, but still only being able to sketch 10 moves isn't going to cut it. Smeargle needs to have some damaging moves and some nondamaging. Without a boosting sig, if it wants to even manage a KO it's going to need all 10 moves to be attacking.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #709
Mercutio
Banned

If you're going to pose a suggestion in the form of "because of this thing, can we have this other thing?" you're not going to get very far if you're too lazy to show the causality.

Now, as it happens, I have absolutely no idea why Smeargle only has 10 move slots. But I'm struggling to see how it is in any way related to a change in the health and energy scale :p
Old 06-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #710
Sneaze
#SWAG

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
While there is a slight correlation in that it's much more likely to run out of type energy for said moves before being able to KO the foe with the new standard being 6/9, I would have to agree that that's not the way to go about the argument, since really that's just more of an argument for larger energy pools in general (which should be a thing).

Realistically, being able to sketch 15 moves at least allows for some versatility on Smeargle. But the problem then becomes why X amount? The reason it currently is stuck on 10 is because that's how many times it learns Sketch in the games, and therefore how many moves any individual Smeargle can Sketch, so. But, I would argue that 15 is much more sound. It allows the Smeargle owner to be able to Sketch one move of each type if they so choose (including Iron Tail which it learns from XD)... well, excluding a single type since all the other moves Smeargle gets naturally are XX. But at least that's some form of a logical reasoning for upping the move count.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Old 06-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #711
Mercutio
Banned

I am fully in agreement with all of that, Sneezey.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive