UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Golden Lands

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
Entry 2: コガネシティ - Goldenrod City

Entry 1: セレビィ神社 - The Celebi Shrine


I have finally arrived at my first intended destination in my journey: Azalea Town, "A town where people and Pokémon live together in simple harmony." At least, that's what the old, broken post of the town reads. I heard from haha-Taeko, before I left Ecruteak, that this place used to be humid and warm, great for bugs to live in. But she was right on how things are now: It is actually a bit cold, enough that a fin coat of snow or frost always stay on the ground. I'm happy she gave me a blanket to keep me warm while wearing my jinbei! Zousan is happy to have one too, he doesn't like the cold very much, either.

Before I headed to the actual building I came all the way from home to get there, I took a quick trip to the Pokémon Center for Zousan and I to relax a bit and pick up some extra items that new trainers were rewarded to: for me, I got a dark blue Pokéball with a crescent moon on it, and some kind of CD with "Hidden Power" written on it. I knew the CD was actually a TM to teach Pokémon new moves, but I didn't know how to use it! I mean, it's not like they didn't have a hole to push them in like a CD player, silly! I took a chance and simply showed it to Zousan, as he maybe knew how to use it... and he did! He simply touched it, and he shined for a moment, then some tiny fireballs seemed to show around him for a few moments afterwards too! Neat! And the TM didn't seem broken too, so I'm pretty sure I can use it again! Yay! So I put the TM in the special case I received when I became a trainer, made just for them!

**Zousan learned Hidden Power - Fire!**

But now, what's important is I need to get to visit the gym of the town. The reason I came to Azalea is I heard right after receiving my PokéGear that the town needed help to restore the Celebi Shrine. Even though the reward they say they'll give after helping is nice, that shrine is more important for me, for a lot of reasons. It used to be taken care of by the Kimono Girls. My real mom, hana Sayo, is... or was, a Kimono Girl. But they all disappeared, and nobody knows why! Not only I want to help out bringing back the shrine to normal, but I want to bring the Kimono Girls back! And my hana too! So maybe helping out with the shrine will show everyone how I can be a Kimono Girl too like hana and maybe tell me where they are? I don't know if it will work, but I got to try!

So I knock on the gym's door first, then I slowly opened it. After Zousan slipped in first, I follow him and, removing the blankets from us as it was really a lot more warmer in this humid and hot greenhouse, I shout:

"Excuse me, but is anyone in here?" Zousan trumpeted right after, as if asking the same himself to help me getting someone's attention. "I'm here to help with the Celebi Shrine! Is there something I can do?"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 06-09-2014 at 08:06 PM.
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #2
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Folding the spare blankets back into your backpack you wait for a response, but even after your enthusiastic holler no one seems to signal back. Intently, you keep your eyes and ears open, but even the leafy foliage merely sways from side to side, without so much as a rustle. The radiator systems hum diligently on, pumping warmed air into the gym, but as you focus your hearing you barely make out the voice of a young man.

"Aw, Spinner! Not like that! You're gonna bust another record! And I don't mean in the good way!"

Curiously you step further into the gym, feeling the grass tickle against your ankles. Zousan totters a few steps ahead, sniffing his way through the grassy turf, until the two of you come upon a clearing. Where a battle stadium might normally have been, a strange little setup has been placed at the gym leader's section: what you make out to be a giant disc jockey's turntable, surrounded by a clamour of excited Bug-types. The machinery is manned by a young man, sporting an explosive blonde afro, gesticulating to a Spinarak skittering over one of the discs.

"Come on, guys!" groans the DJ above the chattering insects; the Spinarak looks at him apologetically. "I know you're excited and all, but we gotta get this new single down pat! The executive man's gonna have our gym if we don't come up with something outrageous!"

"Dyb...? Dyb!"

At the signalling of a Ledyba, pointing three of its six gloved hands towards you, the whole congregation quiets. Countless pairs of little eyes turn their gaze at you and Zousan, who takes a few hurried steps back and hides behind your ankles.

"Looks like we got a new girl in the house! Name's DJ Contesto, but you probably knew that," grins the young man. "Sorry we didn't hear you at the door. Been trying to spin up a new tune, with the help of one of my little friends here."

"Spina!" As though trying to make a point, the Stringspit rakes its forelegs over one of the records, creating an interesting scratchy sound.

"You like? It's a new concept of mine, getting Pokémon to help me out with the mad beats. Crowds in Olivine are going to love the raw, honest energy!" nods Contesto; Spinner proudly clicks its incisors together. "Well, once we find one that's beyond righteous. So what's a little girl like you doing in the gym?"

Excitedly, you explain your intentions to the DJ and his audience. As though in response, the bugs all begin murmuring among themselves as Contesto scratches his afro. "The shrine, hm? Gotta say, I haven't seen a cool cat like yourself ask about the shrine. Don't get many partygoers down in this sector of Johto, see. Azalea's been so strapped for resources and manpower we don't get to cover as much ground as we'd like. And the weather! It's alright for us younger guys, but the older people in town don't dig it so much. Matter of fact, that's part of why I'm rocking it here today. Our usual caretaker's taken to bed with a chill in his bones, so I'm in charge of these little ones, see?

"Oh, right, the shrine. Y'wanna know what you can do, right? Hm..." Pursing his lips in thought, Contesto noticeably frowns, casting a rather sad look on his otherwise jovial face. "I'll be honest, you won't find a lotta peeps willing to cover that. You've seen for yourself, the town's still pretty broken as is. I've been trying to rally a bunch of other partygoers, but there aren't a lot willing to brave the temperatures. The few fit and able in town have their hands full here, but... seeing as I can't very well send you off on your own, I'll give you a couple options, alright?"

Reaching into his shirtpocket, Contesto flips a small round object into the air like a coin, handing it to you - a green, shining disc emblazoned with a blue eye motif. "You like? When some Bug-types shed their skin, it's left behind as a husk. I make it into wicked trinkets of awesome! This one in particular marks you as a proud representative of the Shrine Restoration Committee, dig? Show that around town and people'll know what you need help for.

"As for who you can ask, I've got a couple options. We've still got that Charcoal Kiln building east of here, and the foreman there could offer a little muscle if you convince him to. Gotta warn ya though, he's not the kinda cat to just roll over and play, if you know what I mean. There's also Priscilla - she runs a little nursery for Grass-types, north end of town - a real gentle gal for someone over sixty, and one of the few I know with a way around the forest. What she lacks in strength she makes up for in a barrowload of heart. So whaddya say, little lady?"

What do you do?
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #3
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
After DJ Contesto gave that shiny special coin to identify me as part of the Shrine Restoration Committee (awesome!) and my options of whom I should see to help out, I hum aloud and look at the gym's tree-covered ceiling, thinking who should I go see first. But it didn't take long for me to decide! Although both the foreman of the charcoal kiln and the keeper of the Grass Pokémon nursery can be helpful, Priscilla sounds a lot nicer than the foreman! Plus she knows how to get around the forest, which I find it's way more important than being strong! I mean, what's the use to be able to lift things easily when you can't even get to the shrine in the first place? Anyways, I'm sure if we need strength, it's nothing that Zousan can't handle! Hey, maybe some of the Grass Pokémon she takes care of could help, too! ...And now that I think about it, would she know something about the Kimono Girls' dissappearance? I'll have to ask when I get the chance!

"I think I'll go see Priscilla-san!" I say cheerfully. "I have a feeling she'll help me a lot! And of course I'll help her a lot, too!"

Before I leave the gym though, I gotta make sure I treat the gym leader well! After all, he did greet me well, and he helped me out a lot already!

"Arigato gozaimas, Constesto-sama!" I quickly bow down to him, while making sure my back stay straight as my body goes a down. "Good luck with your music! Oh!" I look at all the cute little critters that popped out to see me with a smile, and bow to them too, but as low as the one I did to the DJ, "I hope I see you all again soon, too! Bye bye!"

As I skip my way back to the gym's entrance, Zousan also gives his own little good-bye to everyone by flapping up and down the tip of his trunk before following my footsteps. As soon as we put our feet outside though, it reminds us how cold it is here! I forgot because of how warm it was inside the greenhouse! So I quickly put back my blanket on me and Zousan's on his back again, then I head out to Priscilla-san's nursery, which is... oh right, at the north end of the town, then show her the blue-eyed green disc and tell her I want to help with the shrine!
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Having thanked Contesto for the directions and trinkets he gave, you bid farewell to the collection of enthusiastic bugs and their conductor. Zousan, no less excitable, joins in as you both vigorously wave goodbye. Quickly you lug out your protective clothing for cold weather as you move outside of the gym's comfort zone, feeling the frost nip at your skin through your normal clothes. While the snow in Azalea isn't thick by any means - certainly not as chilly and deep as the conditions further southeast - you still find yourself gingerly making your way through the soft, slushy terrain that you haven't quite gotten completely used to yet. A little billow blows past your ankle as Zousan gives off a cute little sneeze, before tucking it somewhat awkwardly into his blanket. Sometimes having a sensitive, long nose doesn't seem worth it.

You make your way through the slippery icy fluff to the northern end of town, marked by a few wisps of smoke; the largest originating from the nearby Apricorn abode of legend, but that's not where you're headed. A few moments later you find yourself standing outside a little brick cottage, just as snow-covered as everywhere else, but oddly enough no smoke appears from the chimney. In the middle of an open yard stands a lady, wrapped up in what looks like several layers of thick clothing, but that's not what gets your attention. With her eyes closed and face exuding the most calm, grandmotherly expression you've ever seen, she seems to be smiling at the sun beating down despite everything being so cold. In her folded arms lies a little green bulb, sharing the same serene face - if not for how you know humans obtain their nutrition, you could've sworn both of them were actively photosynthesising right before your eyes. This must be Priscilla, and her Grass-type nursery.

"Alright, dearie." Finally, she opens her eyes, smiling fondly at the Petilil in her arms. "I think you've had enough sunlight for today."

"Lil!" responds the Grass-type, and as though to prove a point it bristles visibly from the cold. It is at this point the two look towards the gate, where they finally notice you and Zousan. You realise that you've been keeping silent for a few moments, not knowing if it was polite to interrupt. "Oh, my. Aren't you two adorable little ones?" Extending a mittened hand, Priscilla gestures to you even as she turns around, ready to head inside. "Please, come inside. I'm sure the two of you don't want to stay out here in the cold."

You quickly patter across the snowed pathway, following Priscilla inside and past her door just as she lets Petilil down; the walking tulip scampering into the house while Priscilla shuts the door. Easing off your blanket, you near-instantly pull it back up. While it's not as frigid as it is outside, Priscilla's house is nowhere as warm and inviting as the gym was, at least in terms of temperature. A few radiators lie around the room, behind locked metal cages presumably for safety, and around each one huddle various groups of Grass-types. Petilil eagerly runs to one of them who quickly invite it back into their huddle. Simple furniture and cabinets stack around the rest of the house, presumably housing supplies and other basic stuff.

"I'm sorry. A few years after the disaster, I converted my house into a nursery for Grass Pokémon - Trainers bring them here, or they find injured ones that need to recuperate after treatment at the Pokémon Centre. Ever since then, I'm afraid I've found it rather... distasteful to burn wood in my fireplace," explains the venerable old lady. "My name is Priscilla, by the way. But what brings you here, my dear? I can see you're a beginning Trainer yourself, and I don't believe you came here because of your Phanpy."

"Phan!" Upon hearing him mentioned Zousan pops his trunk out of his blanket in affirmation. Reaching into your pocket, you retrieve the badge-like item you received from Contesto, bringing it in front of Priscilla's gaze.

"That's... oh, I see. So he's finally found a volunteer? I've long forgotten when the last time he managed to ask anyone to help in Azalea, never mind the shrine," she murmurs. "Unfortunately, you can see my work keeps me here most of the time. I rarely venture into the forest myself, but if you're here..." Pressing a wizened knuckle against her cheek, Priscilla thinks for a few moments before nodding at you. "Very well. I don't think we'll be able to restore the shrine back to its former glory, with the change in climate and other dings and dents over the years, but we can try. Liana?"

"Rosellll?" Out of the largest group, a Pokémon walks - or waltzes? - shyly across the floor, batting an eye at you from behind its multicoloured flowers.

"This is Liana. She might not look like it, but she's helped me over the years with maintaining the Pokémon and the state of things in the nursery. It takes a Grass-type to understand a Grass-type, wouldn't you say?" Bending down, Priscilla opens her hand for the Roselia to jump on, bringing it up and letting it perch on her shoulder. "We should leave soon. If we go now, we can make it there and back before sundown."

***

The journey proves to be uneventful, if rather long - at the get go, you notice that Priscilla's opted to take a particularly scenic route, going through the small passages between housing. You can't put your finger on why this is important, though it later occurs to you that you can't even see the gym or Pokémon Centre. As you pause to think about this you've reached the west gateway leading out of Azalea, and into the looming overgrowth of Ilex's evergreen forest.

"Stay close by, and keep to the path," advises Priscilla; a phrase of wisdom you keep to heart. Even as the elderly lady advances with the evident experience of a skilled navigator, you're not certain you could make the same journey alone. For some reason Priscilla seems to favour particularly twisty routes into the woods - which would explain her suggestion to leave early, anyway. After the first hour of walking you're not even sure how far you've trekked. Zousan, still packed in his blanket, quietly shuffles on, though out of awe or apprehension, you can't quite say.

"I think we're about halfway through," Priscilla eventually says, and you wonder how much further you have to go. Try as you might, you gave up watching the time after the first hour passed; it certainly feels like several more have since followed. "Are you tired, my dear? Perhaps we should - "

"Se-wa!"

"Oh!" Through the padding on your body, you feel something roundish tumble against you. Losing your balance you tumble onto your right, cushioned by your winter wear and the snow beneath you. Quickly, Zousan noses to your side, using his strength to nudge you back up. You reassure him that you're fine, and as you feel yourself, you don't seem to be - wait! Your bag! Telltale signs of a Pokémon attack line the handy container, bite marks replacing where your Berry Pouch used to be. Looking ahead, you see the culprit with the bag in its mouth; sensing your attention, the Sewaddle dumps the pouch just behind it, flipping its leaf cap back as it glares at you. Zousan, angry on your behalf, shakes off his blankets, shuddering noticeably before stomping the ground.

It looks like a Pokémon battle for you, but all things considered, you're not accomplished enough to handle things, this being your first ever journey away from Ecruteak. You look to Priscilla for advice, but what you see dumbfounds you; for a person of sixty, Priscilla's face looks more drained of colour and vigour than ever before, and her expression has turned from a gentle smile to one of absolute terror. You glance back at the Sewaddle, still asserting itself for your Berry Pouch, before turning back to Priscilla - it's just a normal Sewaddle, right? Right?

"No!" Taking a few steps back, Priscilla nearly loses her balance in her backpedalling, managing to lean on a tree before she falls over. Raising a gloved hand, she trembles as she regards the angry Grass-type. "K... k-k-keep that Pokémon away from me!"

Just what is going on? And what will you do?
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #5
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
((I gotta say, your update was dam adorbs :3 ))


I am so surprised with so many things at the same time! First something tripped me (thank you Zousan for picking me up!) then I see it's a Sewaddle that tripped me and it stole my berry pouch, and now Priscilla-san is really really scared! I don't know what to do! But I do know what I don't want to do: fighting! I know we can do something about this without fighting!

I look back and forth between Priscilla-san, Zousan and the Sewaddle. Poor Priscilla-san! I don't know why she's afraid of it, but no matter how old you are, I guess you still can be afraid of things, even if little like a little... bug? Maybe she's afraid of bugs? I know a lot of people afraid of bugs! But I'm not afraid of them. I find they're cute! They like nature after all! ...But they like it so much they eat leaves and plants and stuff. Well Priscilla-san does like her grass Pokémon a lot, so maybe that's why she's scared? That they'll eat her and her Pokémon friends? Anyway, seems Zousan and the bug really want to fight each other! I know Zousan is strong, and that was mean for the Sewaddle to steal my berry pouch but he should know better than this!

"Zousan, no!" I scold him. "No fighting!"

My Phanpy quietly looks back at me like if I was crazy, and although he really was mad at the bug, he backed up towards me. He is still keeping his eyes on it though! He really doesn't trust it! But why did the bug take my berry bag in the first place? Maybe it's hungry?

"Zousan-kun, please stay close to Priscilla-san, ok?" I ask him. "And don't hurt Sewaddle – unless if it tries to hurt me or gets too close to Priscilla-san!"

He does as he's told and moves closer to Priscilla-san, still watching the bug; Then as a warning to the little thief, he trumpets loudly at him, then points at his own eyes then towards the bug with his trunk. I'm sure if that Sewaddle does try to hurt me or get close to Priscilla-san, he'll be not happy! He'll likely Growl really loud into the action then Tackle him down with all he got! But right now, his serious face turns into a worried and terrified one when he realizes what *I* want to do! I slowly approach the Sewaddle, and I try to calm him down.

"Hey little guy," I whisper to him with a small smile after I crouch down to him, "don't be mad or afraid! I don't want to hurt you! J-just..." I look back to Zousan and Priscilla-san, a bit worried about them, "don't hurt my friends, ok?" I turn my attention back at the Sewaddle, putting on my warm smile again and tilting my head. "Why did you take my bag of berries? Are you hungry? I can give you one if you want! No need of taking them from me!" I point at the bag. "Can you bring it to me, kudasai? I'll give you which ever one you like the best!"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:06 AM   #6
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
While you might be starting out, you're not the sort of person to fight if you can avoid it, and you're at least confident you can negotiate with the otherwise adorable little Bug thief. Gently but firmly, you order Zousan to stand down. A brief glint of indignation passes his eyes before he carefully steps back towards Priscilla, still trembling against a tree. You smile at him, knowing that if anything happens he'll rush to your aid like he did earlier, and he indicates this to the Sewaddle that he'll be watching it like a Staraptor.

Edging in closer, you greet the Sewaddle kindly. You'd rather make friends than enemies with Pokémon, especially if they happen to be adorable, and you assure it that if it wanted, you could spare a Berry for it. Evidently not expecting your response or for you to come up close, Sewaddle quivers a little as you explain yourself intently. It doesn't look like it meant any harm, just to scare you a little before it made off with "the goods", and you wonder if you might have intimidated the little bug. The Sewaddle splits its cautious glances between you and your berry pouch, eventually vigorously shaking its head and grabbing the pouch by the tether with its small jaws. At this Zousan almost prepares to rush ahead, but you motion him down; you haven't been attacked yet, and in any case Sewaddle doesn't seem like it's going far. Perhaps it was after the heat of the moment, or maybe you inadvertently scared it a little too much, but all too quickly Sewaddle tumbles into the snow with the pouch before it can cover more than a few metres. Shaking the snow off its leaf cloak Sewaddle almost looks fit to cry with its jaws wavering. Concerned, you look at it; is there something you're not realising here?

"Sewa! Sewaddle!" Almost as though bawling, Sewaddle gestures towards the forest. A path under the temperate canopy, darker and smaller than the one you're on, presumably the one Sewaddle came from before it ambushed you. Does it want you to follow? Before you can respond, Priscilla gives a fearful yelp.

"No, wait! That path leads to... it leads t-t-t-to..." As though terrified by the words she might have said, Priscilla shuts her eyes tight before continuing. "It leads away from the Shrine, far away! We really shouldn't be going there! Please, don't go! I can try and help you with replacing your Berries; just don't follow that Pokémon!"

Looks like you have two bouts of tearful pleading on your hands, but what will you do?
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #7
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
Oh no, now I'm with two who are crying and wanting me to do two different things! The Sewaddle seems to want me to follow him into another path, as if he really needs my help and that he's keeping my bag so I would pay attention to him, while Priscilla-san really doesn't want me to go and follow it, to the point she said she'll try and give me other berries and saying that path goes far away from the shrine!

I look back and forth between Priscilla-san and the bug. I'm really not sure what I should do! ...I have a feeling that the grass caretaker is exaggerating a bit, though. I feel sorry for her, but I think her fear of bugs is holding herself down at doing what is right.

"Priscilla-san," I ask her while pointing at the path the Sewaddle showed earlier, "where exactly does that path leads to? I have a feeling the Sewaddle really needs our help. If it really was there to hurt us or steal my bag of berries, it would've attacked us or run away from us by now! ...I know you're scared, but Zousan and I are not. And I don't mind if we make a detour before we head to the shrine – We'll just get there a bit later, that's all."

I look back at the bug for a moment, still in tears, then look back at Priscilla. "If the place where the path leads to is really, *really* dangerous, we won't go there and follow the Sewaddle; I promise. But if it's a place that's not that bad, well..." I pause for a moment, thinking of what she chould do, "you can choose to either stay here until we come back, or you can come with us. You brought your Roselia... Liana with you, right Priscilla-san? Can she protect you? You could wait for us with her. And if we do get into big trouble, we'll be come back running, for sure! But if Liana can't protect you and you don't want to be alone, or you don't want to let us go by ourselves, I think you should come with us. You can hold my hand if you get too scared! We'll protect you; right, Zousan?"

"Phan! "my Phanpy happily trumpets and nods in response.

"See? No matter what, there's nothing to be worried about!"

I know I came here to clean up the shrine, which is important to me, but it's more important that everyone is ok! I can't leave Priscilla-san all scared, but I can't just walk away from a Pokémon needing help, either!


What will Priscilla do?
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #8
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Stuck with two polarising positions, you eventually make your decision. Priscilla is clearly terrified, but all things considered, you decide that Sewaddle needs your assistance more. Reasoning with the elderly caretaker, you promise that whatever happens, safety will remain a priority - she doesn't have to follow, but you're definitely following the Bug. The sight of the trembling sexagenarian is somewhat awkward, considering that she's effectively being chided by a young girl several times a fraction of her age, but eventually she heaves a sigh and stands back up. "Alright, Okiku. I... I really don't wish to go in there. That's where one of the largest Bug-type colonies are. But... I can't let you go in there by yourself, not in good conscience," she nods.

"I've... never been very good with Bug-types," confesses Priscilla, which you've suspected. "When the disaster struck Azalea was ravaged by the wild insects, swarming the forests and ponds, leaving the other Pokémon and humans with nothing. I witnessed firsthand the destructive power of Bug-types, and since then... the very thought of being near them makes me shiver." She pauses, gazing back at Sewaddle. Almost apologetically the little worm seems to cower behind your Berry pouch. "But perhaps you're right. It hadn't occurred to me, how frightened Bugs could be themselves... and I guess I can't find it in myself to coldly turn away a Grass-type in need, either."

"Rosel?" Clinging to Priscilla's pocket, Liana peeks her head out.

"There's just one thing I need to ask..." frowns the elder, before meekly extending her left palm. "Would you mind? Holding my hand?" You break into a wide smile, clasping your mitten with Priscilla's. Walking over to Sewaddle, the Bug looks back at you before making a few steps away from its "loot"; that's two votes of confidence you've managed to win. With Sewaddle and Zousan leading the way, you enter the path...

***

Ilex Forest had never been particularly lit, even before the incident, but this passage is notably the dimmest point in your trek so far. Thankfully the path is primarily linear in nature, though the close-knit fronds and branches would understandably deter most people from entering, never mind a person afraid of its insect inhabitants. Progress is slow, but that's to be expected - now, you've become the escort, holding gently onto Priscilla's hand, giving her a comforting squeeze when you feel her bones shake. Gingerly the four of your make your way, occasionally pushing away forbidding twigs and branches, and in time you hear the telltale chittering of Bugs. There's no doubt about it; just as Priscilla alluded, there's definitely a large number of them, their screeching softly sinister, echoing about the woods as the foliage finally opens up.

"Sewaddle!" "Phanpy?" As Sewaddle bounds ahead, Zousan breaks into a little chase before he quickly skids to a halt; the two of you look ahead, and it soon becomes obvious as to why.

"My goodness!" exclaims Priscilla, dropping your hand in her shock. Ordinarily, had you come across the same sight, you certainly would feel a bit shaken; scores of Bugs line the trees and snow-covered clearing, congregating in bristling groups with their eyes glinting in the limited light. Venomoth, Nincada, Ariados, Parasect - the scene is teeming with ominous insects, but your attention is drawn to the centre of it all. With a wide berth given to them, a group of Sewaddle and Swadloon clamour about a tall figure, carefully wrapped in leaves and looking much worse for the wear, feelers barely twitching and face contorted in a painful grimace, a symptomatic dark blemish across where its nose might have been. Your newfound acquaintance squirms up to the Leavanny as the whispering Sewaddle and Swadloon look on; the Nurturing mantis glances at it, managing a little smile as it attempts to pet Sewaddle like a mother would for her daughter. Yet, it takes little more than a moment before Leavanny cringes, its arm shivering like crinkling brown paper in the wind before collapsing again. Hurriedly the Swadloon lay more of their leaves on their broodmother as their unevolved brethren look on, but it's glaringly obvious that Leavanny's condition has deteriorated beyond mere bed rest.

"Sewawa..." No longer able to contain itself, Sewaddle crawls up to your foot, tears streaming down its two-toned face. The reason why it attacked you in the forest path is beyond clear now, but what can you do?
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:37 PM   #9
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
Oyamaa! It's no wonder the little Sewaddle brought us here, or why he tried to take away my Berry pouch in the first place! Its okasan is in a really bad shape! ...I would've probably done the same thing, if haha-Taeko fell sick in the middle of this forest... or if I would've found haha-Sayo this way here. But neither of them are here. Even if I know haha-Taeko is in Ecruteak with chichi-Jiei, and that I only know about haha-Sayo from what they told and showed me... I miss all of them. And I hope they're all ok.

I close my watery eyes and shake my head a little to shake away those thoughts. As I look around a bit, noticing all those bunch of bug-type Pokémon either staring at the Leavanny or at us, which I admit that it makes even me a little nervous, I grab Pricsilla-san's hand again for a moment, which she have let go earlier from our surprise of finding the sick okasan.

"Are you ok, Priscilla-san?" I ask her, while Zousan approaches her in a way that tells us he's worried about her too. "There's a lot of them, isn't it? I think they're ok though; they wouldn't do anything bad to those who they asked for help, no?"

After making sure that Priscilla-san is ok, I slowly let go of her hand then I look down to the crying bug Pokémon who crawled on my foot. "Awwww, shhhhh, it's ok, little Sewaddle," I try to calm him down while trying to keep a smile on my face and not to cry myself, "we'll help your okasan!"

I reach down in my bag for my Berry pouch – which I picked up earlier when the bug moved away from it before we started walking into the path that brought us here – and I open it up to check on the berries I have. Which ones would help the Leavanny, though? Let me think; let me remember the things I learned about berries and taking care of Pokémon... Well she's clearly not sleeping or frozen, so she doesn't need the Chesto and Aspear Berries. She's... sort of moving, and when she flinches it seems like it was more because of the pain than her muscles being stuck or shocked, so she isn't paralyzed and doesn't need a Cheri Berry. Usually, burning leaves a lot of redness or black burns on the skin, and even sometimes fire stays on the Pokémon; she doesn't seem to have any of those so the Rawst Berry would be useless for her. That leaves me with the Pecha and Oran Berries. Well, it's a given that the Leavanny will need an Oran Berry, because just look how bad she looks! She definitely needs more energy! But... something catches my eye. In the middle of the Leavanny's face, there's a particular dark blemish in the middle of her face. Usually, Pokémon that are poisoned turns completely purple and even have purple bubbles or jolts showing up, but sometimes, poison can just give a small, dark purple blemish on the face... which is what the Leavanny have! So she'll need a Pecha Berry, too!

With that in mind, I take an Oran Berry and a Pecha Berry out of my bag, then I present both of them to the Sewaddle, my head lowered like if I'm giving an offering in front of a shrine or a very important person. "Please accept my gift to all of you, creatures of nature, and let your Leavanny okasan eat them! She should be better afterwards!"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #10
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Sewaddle's plight now clear, you can't help but recall your own troubled past; a childhood of missing parents, leaving you to an elderly but kind adoptive family, eventually prompting you to embark on this journey to find your roots again... if they're even out there. It goes without question that you empathise with Sewaddle, but what about Priscilla? Considering that there's enough insects to make you unnerved, even Zousan looks up at the caretaker with uncertainty. Is she awed or horrified at the sight of everything? You're not sure, but on the bright side, at least Priscilla doesn't seem likely to do anything to hurt herself or anyone else.

Patting Sewaddle on the head, you quickly run through the contents of your Berry Bag - not much, given that you've just started out, but it should be enough to help out at least one Pokémon, right? After recalling what you've learned about Pokémon biology you decide on one of the Pecha Berries, with an Oran Berry for good measure, and offer them to the Sewaddle in the formal way you were brought up in. Gratefully Sewaddle accepts the Berries, managing to balance them on its back as it carefully crawls back to Leavanny's side. Much to its and your dismay, this doesn't seem to help either; as Sewaddle gently nudges Leavanny, the crippled mother insect can't even feed itself.

"Please, hold on."

Before you can figure out what to do next, Priscilla has already taken a step forward to your surprise. Would the Bugs suddenly jump at her, given her abrupt movement? You want to call out or reach your arm, before stopping yourself in time; a sudden move on your part would be just as bad. All you can do is watch as countless pairs of eyes turn towards Priscilla as she walks toward the huddling group in the centre; the Sewaddle and Swadloon raising their feelers in anticipation.

"Dear little one, may I borrow those Berries?" asks Priscilla, and you realise it's in her normally calm, dulcet voice. "I think we need to break them down a little, in order to feed your mother." It takes the startled Sewaddle a few glances between the two elders, before it nods, bowing its head at Priscilla. As she clasps the fruit in her wrinkled hands Priscilla gestures to Liana, who hops onto her other hand. "Now, Liana. Would you please Cut these Berries for me?"

"Roselll." Holding a Berry in each flower, the flowering Pokémon looks like a balancing act as it positions the Berries well; a sharp, yet barely audible piercing sound is heard as Liana uses her thorns to slice the Berries, which fall apart into neat eighths.

"Thank you, Liana. Now, please wait a moment." You watch as Priscilla reaches into a small carrier, presumably for first aid, producing a mortar and pestle like the traditional apothecaries might have used. With visible experience and intensity Priscilla grinds the fruit, and you can see concern knitted into her ancient frown. Had her maternal instincts and affection for Grass-types managed to overcome the grasp that her phobia had on her? It's all you can do to silently cheer her on, the only one who can help Leavanny now.

"Liana, please use Sweet Scent to relax our patient." Crawling up to Leavanny's shoulder, the Roselia releases a gentle aroma from her flowers. While the move would usually excite wild Pokémon into attacking, the purpose of this smell is clearly different, and you see the pain from Leavanny's expression begin to lessen. Carefully, Priscilla spoons the mashed mixture for Leavanny, ensuring that it swallows each helping. It's a terse series of moments, but eventually Leavanny finishes the medicine, and the telltale sign of poisoning fades from its face. Its pained cringe is replaced with a serene smile as it nods to sleep, and as one the Swadloon and Sewaddle begin murmuring. Priscilla nearly drops her tools at this, but manages to right herself to your relief.

"We should get going," she mumbles quietly, holding you by the hand, clearly not wanting to hang around more than necessary, and considering what you've just made Priscilla go through, you're not too inclined to disagree.

***

The journey out of the Bug nest and back onto the main trail proves as uneventful as the trek before the detour, and you can't blame Priscilla for wanting to hurry, since she did give you fair warning about the time and you did convince her to take a little side trip. At least you know you can trust that she won't put you or Zousan into any danger, but you find yourself wondering about Sewaddle and Leavanny. Maybe if you could, you might have watched over them a little longer, but the luxury of time is not on your side. Already you feel the temperature dip by a degree or two, and if the sun does set on your merry little band, things could get hairy quickly.

"We're here, Okiku," Priscilla says kindly, and you cast your gaze ahead to what looks like a clearing - in all honesty, it's the nicest way you can put it. The closest thing that even resembles a shrine are but four wooden stumps; everything else is wreckage. Splinters of what might have been the shrine or its signpost; angry, feral grasses growing over everything; several rocks of varying sizes, deposited who-knows-when by some ravaging force of nature - for a sacred location, held dear to your heart, the sight is almost shatteringly depressing. Two people and their Pokémon would never be able to clean the mess in a day's time, never mind your lonesome self. It's obvious that multiple trips would be needed to make any significant headway.

"I don't think we can do much by ourselves, dearie," sighs Priscilla, as though having read your thoughts. "But we could do a little clearing up for starters, if you'd like. If you're looking to rebuild the shrine, we'd have to begin somewhere."

Rocks, grasses, wreckage. You don't even know where to start, but now that you're here with Zousan, maybe you could try...
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #11
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
Oh my, the shrine is in a worse way than I thought it would be... Was it the disaster here hit it that bad, the rampage of bugs which made Priscilla-san scared of them destroy it, or just nobody other than the Kimono Girls took care of it, and since they're gone...? Or maybe it's because a combination of everything together? Whatever the reason, it won't change what's going on right now: the shrine, that was taken care of by haha-Sayo and her sisters, is a wreck, and we here to help cleaning it up!

I nod and hum to answer Priscilla about starting to at least clear things up first. "Well we came here for that, no? And like you said, we have to begin somewhere! ...If we don't do anything..." I look at what used to be the shrine again; I remind myself of the Sewaddle family (which I wish I could've said good-bye to them when we left, but understandably Priscilla-san was in a hurry to go) and the courage and skill Priscilla-san took to help them, before raising my voice and... I start to cry, "I-I'll never be a K-Kimono Girl like haha-Sayo!"

"Phan, Pha-py-Phan..."

Knowing what was going on and what to do, Zousan zips right in front of me and pulls on my jinbei a couple of times. I get on my knees and give him a big hug, still sobbing. My Phanpy wipes the tears off my cheeks with his trunk and trumpets softly. After tapping his back to say I feel better, I let him go and I get back on my feet, rubbing my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Priscilla-san," I look down on my feet while bowing lightly. "Th-that shine, the Kimono Girls used to take care of it, before the disasters and before they d-disappeared, right? Sayo, my real... mommy, was one; a Kimono Girl. She was gone just like all the others... And nobody knows where they're gone." I raise my voice again, but this time out of determination. "But I promised I'll find them! And even if I can't find them, I'll bring them back! I'll be the first Kimono Girl to show up since the disasters!"

"Phan!" Zousan cheers along.

"Soooo..." I blush and roll my shoulders frontwards, just realizing now how loud I was, "t-that's why I want to take care of the shrine. So I can take care of it like the Kimono Girls – like my mommy."

After a few moments of silence, I look at the wreckage, and I think on where we should start. Yeah, where should we start? Well there's those four stumps, which is the only thing that stayed there from the shrine. There's old pieces of wood hanging around, but everything else is in the way. Speaking of which, there's tons of rocks and crazy grass going everywhere, too. That still doesn't tell me where we should-

"Pha-py-Phan, py-phan phan-pha!" my little elephant grabs my attention.

I look at him, and he was surrounded by flaming, floating orbs! ...Wait! That's it! He could use his newly-found Hidden Power to burn down all that grass! Awesome! I open my mouth to give him his order, but a quick glance at Priscilla-san and Liana makes me not say a single word. ...What would they think? They love the grass, and they hate fire so much Priscilla-san doesn't even want to heat her home with firewood... Maybe this isn't as a good idea as I thought. I look around me again, and I realize that this could've been the worst idea ever: it might burn away all the nasty wild grass, but it's dangerous! Zousan just got that power today, so he probably can't control it well! The fire could spread and turn to ashes what's left of the wood of shrine... and Ilex Forest itself! So no, not a good idea at all!

"Zousan-kun, can you please stop that? We don't want to hurt anyone by mistake with it!"

"Phan!" He extinguishes his orbs of fire without second thought.

"Arigato!" I nod as thanks.

Well, we're back to square one. No fire. I look at the eldery caretaker and her Roselia for ideas, then I think back on how the two helped making that medicine with the berries... and get a really good idea!

"Priscilla-san, I know you like plants and grass, but that really big and wild grass is taking over the whole place! Can you ask Liana to cut it all down? In the meantime, we could move all the rocks that we can m... Oh hey!" I get another idea! "We could use those rocks to start making walls on the sides of the clearing, around the shrine, so when the shrine is up they'll protect it!" I tilt my head to the side, thinking, "...And maybe we could use the cut grass to patch the holes in those walls?" I shrug, not sure if that idea of 'recycling' the grass is any good.

Zousan, too eager to help, have started working already, pushing and Tackling a boulder of his size.
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #12
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
You try to compose yourself, but given what you've been through you eventually cave and cry a little to yourself, Zousan and Priscilla looking on in understanding. Still, you've got to start somewhere, although your options at present are considerably limited. Zousan volunteers his Hidden Power, but after evaluating his lack of control and your inexperience in guiding him you quickly belay that order. Prsicilla listens to your suggestions kindly, nodding her head.

"It's alright, dear. I'm not really against fire, but you're quite right. We shouldn't be rash about this," agrees the sexagenarian. "I don't think grass will help with the construction, though; we need a specific type of wood if we're going to even consider rebuilding the shrine. I think we might just begin with clearing as much as we can... Liana?"

"Sel!" Jumping off her Trainer's shoulder the Roselia brandishes the thorns concealed in her flowers, slashing away at the frost-dusted grass. ...Or rather, swishing might be a better descriptor; at a diminuitive thirty centimetres, barely much taller than the wild grass, Liana's speed is almost akin to you taking to the weeds with a pair of scissors. It's no wonder Priscilla was concerned for time, but as it is you can't really help her out in the horticultural department.

Zousan, in the meantime, works on something he can do, leveraging on his nose and forehead to Tackle a similarly sized boulder, but likewise his inexperience shows. Despite Ground-types typically having the advantage over Rocks, he struggles visibly; eventually, he resorts to taking a running start to ram into the stone with enough force to make you cringe. You hope he doesn't bruise himself, but the little blue elephant valiantly continues until the rock finally tips over onto its rounded side. "Phan!" Pleased with the headway he's made, Zousan nudges the rock further away, until it tumbles into the bushes out of the clearing. You take a look back; much as Zousan managed to move one of the stones, there are several far larger for a Pokémon of his size. You doubt Liana could handle those, and in any case she has her own problems. Would it help if you tried pulling out the weeds? You twiddle your fingers, uncertain of whether you'd know what needs to be done and how to do it.

"Sewawa! Sewawa!"

"Oh!" As a bright voice calls from behind you, a familiar little bundle practically cannonballs into your ankle. You nearly fall over again, but this time you know who it is; your hunch is confirmed as Sewaddle reveals itself, looking up at you with what you guess is admiration in its eyes.

"It's you! But what might you be doing here?" wonders Priscilla, just before she draws another gasp. A bout of rustling is heard behind you as Leavanny appears, a smile upon her face despite her slightly drooping antennae. You worriedly glance at Priscilla, but outside of a bit of stuttering fit she seems to be handling the sight of a standing, fully evolved Bug better than you'd have expected.

"My stars, it's... it's... I mean... Should you really be up?" Priscilla manages, after a bit of hand-wringing to stop her trembling. Leavanny merely returns her smile and bows; you realise it's almost similar to how you bowed in the forest. A wave of her leaf-shaped forearms appears to indicate to you that she's at least healthy enough to walk about, before she turns back and makes a loud call. "Leavaaaaan~"

"Loon!" "Wadloon" "Sewa!"

It's all you can do to keep your footing as not only Sewaddle, but Swadloon as well begin flooding from the pathway. Almost instinctively you run to Priscilla's side, fearing what might happen to the entomophobic lady. Zousan and Liana follow in quick succession, the latter hanging onto your winterwear for dear life before the bugs overrun her. Indeed, Priscilla is hanging on as best as she can, though she can't help but whimper a little at the sheer infestation, and you wonder if her worst fears have taken place and another plague is happening. Indeed, for a few frantic moments it certainly feels that way with gnashing and gnawing sounds filling the air, but slowly, bit by bit, you notice the bugs begin to pull back, but that's not all.

"Goodness! The grass!" Even Priscilla can't believe it, and you stretch out a hand to feel the sheared plants in front of you, cut down to size by the leaf-wrapped horde's combined Bug Bite. The texture is almost soft and velvety, precisely trimmed like any commercial lawnmower might have done. You stare at Leavanny in wonder as it gently commands the bugs as they draw back. Zousan can't help but frolic a little, feeling the turf beneath his feet.

"I... I don't know what to say," chokes Priscilla. Had she finally come to terms with her relationship with insects. "You've helped us so much..."

"Leavan~" As the last of the Swadloon and Sewaddle clear out, Leavanny merely tilts its head and waves. It bows towards you another time, and you gladly return the gesture as the horde of Bug Pokémon leave.

"Well," Priscilla eventually says, after a moment of awed silence. "I do think that went much better than we expected. Shall we go?"

"Phan..." Whether it was from pushing the boulder or getting a chance to play about, you're not sure, but Zousan has definitely put in his fair share of the work today. After a bit more evaluation, you agree to leave before it gets dark.

***

The trip back to Azalea is as calm and peaceful as your journey into Ilex, sans the few moments of urgency and surprise. You feel a combination of inexplicable calm and exhaustion, but sitting in Priscilla's nursery with a mug of warm cocoa makes it feel all the better. Zousan, joining Liana around a radiator, chatters pleasantly with the other plants, but you feel much more quiet. Does it feel like you actually accomplished something? Are you any closer to finding your relatives?

"What's the matter, dearie? Oh, don't worry yourself. I can see it in your eyes," assures Priscilla, patting you gently on the head. For a moment you remember your foster parents in Ecruteak, realising that Priscilla gives off much the same vibe. "You don't have to feel bad. I say you did just as much as those Bug Pokémon did," she adds, as though reading your mind. "If it wasn't for you... that Leavanny and her family might not have made it. And now that I know them better, I couldn't forgive myself if I had forced you to leave them be as I initially wanted you to. We're all caretakers; me, Leavanny, and you. I'm sure the next time you come by the Shrine'll be in much better shape than you left it.

"Now, about the matter of your reward. Oh, don't look at me like that, dear. I can't possibly let you leave empty handed! Let's see..." Rummaging in a purse, Priscilla eventually places $350, a Sitrus Berry and a glowing Star Shard into your open palm, but before you can respond to her a few crisp knocks are heard at the door.

"Who could that be? At this hour? It's almost nightfall," murmurs Priscilla. A few wisps of cold air filter into the house as the stranger reveals himself. "Contesto?"

"Hey, cool cats! Looks like you made it back alright," grins the Gym Leader. "Good thing, too, 'cause I wouldn't have known what to do if you weren't home, on account of this senorita right here."

"Leavan!"

"Leavanny?!"

"Yeah, she's one of my friends in the forest, see? I don't see her in a few days, and she turns up right outside the gym! I had a hunch she was looking for our little trooper, so I asked around a little. Gotta say, Priscilla, you're looking especially chipper!" With a smile as wide as a Meowth's, Contesto winks at the elder lady. "Used to be you'd run a mile just hearing a Bug-type nearby! Or as far as your legs can carry ya."

"I... well... Wait, you didn't send Okiku to me because you thought something like this might happen, did you?"

"Haha! Well, maybe I did, maybe I didn't!"

"Oh, you are a cheeky one," sighs Priscilla. "Not that I'm in the position to blame you..."

"Anyway, you're technically not the reason why I came over. Yo, Okiku!" As your name is called, you hurry to the door where Contesto and Leavanny are; the latter regarding you with the smile of a mother. "Turns out you made quite an impression on these two."

"Two?" As if answering Priscilla's query, Leavanny raises her arms; evidently she did not come alone, as she presents a little uncurling ball in her forelimbs. It's Sewaddle; the same specimen you encountered since you accompanied Priscilla into the forest.

"I don't quite know what you did, Okiku. But for Bugs to just up and trust another human like that, takes a lotta heart. This little one wants to go with you and rock the world!" says Contesto. "Take it from a Bug in a rug like me, you two are gonna be awesome."

You might not have expected things to come to this - or maybe you did - but what might have been an enemy, is now offering to ally with you... if you would accept it.

Will you?

OOC: Zousan has gained a level from moving the rock.
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:09 AM   #13
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
"I-it wants to go with me?"

Well, I did expect that the bug Pokémon of the forest would be at least nice to me and happy after I helped heal their okasan, which is enough for me, but not they would start to like me that much! First they helped us clean up the shrine of that wild grass, and now they came to visit just to see me and ask if one of their little fellows, that one Sewaddle who started it all, could join my team! To say that, like Contesto-sama mentioned, that it takes a lot for wild Pokémon to warm up with a human so easily... 'You did just as much as those Bug Pokémon did. If it wasn't for you... that Leavanny and her family might not have made it. And now that I know them better, I couldn't forgive myself if I had forced you to leave them be as I initially wanted you to. We're all caretakers; me, Leavanny, and you. I'm sure the next time you come by the Shrine'll be in much better shape than you left it.' Pricilla-san's words rings in my head again. I didn't think of it that much at first, thinking she only said that to cheer me up, but now I see how much she was right, and how much I did for them and for her!

...Perhaps that's why haha-Sayo liked being a Kimono Girl so much. By dancing, playing music, making art, holding ceremonies, taking care of shrines, and battling against trainers that challenged them, she and her sisters-by-trade helped others and made them happy, which then in turn they would do the same, making the world a better place. Being a Kimono Girl is something to be proud of! ...I still don't get why they disappeared when the disasters showed up though. Wouldn't it be then when they would be needed the most, to help and support all those in need? There must be a reason why they're gone! But in the meantime, I'll do my best to be one, even if I don't know how to do everything.

Speaking of not knowing things, I noticed how Leavanny bowed just like I did when I gave them the berries when she came to help us with the shrine! Did she do that just from copying me, or...?

"Pha-py-Phan!" Zousan bursts my bubble.

"...Oh! I-I got lost in my thoughts! Sumimasen!" I feel my face warming up, probably turning red, and I bow down a bit to both apologies some more and give me time to get my mind back on track. As I get back up, I give a nice, warm smile to the Sewaddle. "Of course you can come with me! I could use your help in my journey!" I start to pull out one of my Pokéballs (the first one I'll use out the of the first six Pokéballs I got when starting as a trainer!) out of my bag to get myself ready to throw it towards it, but then I remind myself of something before doing anything. "Oh, but you might want to have a battle first? It's ok! I don't like fighting, but Pokémon battles can be a friendly game or competition too, right? And it's a Kimono Girl art too, after all! It would be good practice, and could be really fun! Right Zousan?"

"Phan! Phanpy!" my little blue elephant trumpets.

"But of course," I continue, "that's only if you want to! Oh..." I think of something again, "but if you really want to battle first, can I ask for a few things? First, we should battle outside... or in Contesto-sama's gym, instead. I don't think inside Priscilla-san's house is a good place! And... would you mind if you give me some time to change myself, before it? I would love to wear my maiko clothing and makeup for our first battle! It'll make it extra special for me!"



*Zousan gained a level!*
*Zousan grew from Lv.5 to Lv.6!*
*Zousan learned Flail!*

*Okiku received $350!*
*Okiku received x1 Sitrus Berry!*
*Okiku received x1 Star Shard!*
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #14
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
It takes you some time to register everything. Even as you dwelled in your own private doldrums, wondering if you managed to accomplish anything of note, here you were, surrounded by people and Pokémon saying just exactly that - and one of them wants to come along with you, to see to it that you make things happen, with the support of everyone else. Eventually you push all other thoughts aside and gladly accept Sewaddle's offer, but add a little twist of your own; you want this to be a formal ceremony, befitting of the role you are training to fill. Understandingly, the three adults (Leavanny included) listen closely and nod in overall agreement.

"Alright! It's been a while since we had a shindig down at the gym. This might not be a regular gym scenario, but a nice battle will liven things up a bit!" enthuses Contesto. "I'll have the field set up and ready for you, Okiku. You just pop by when you're all dolled up with somewhere to go, 'kay?"

***

While you've had some training in the ways of the Kimono Girl, the idea of this being your first formal battle both excites and concerns you - as the next in line, you know full well that the Kimono Girls' legacy lies in your hands, and it's certainly not an easy burden to bear. Still, with the support of those around you and their kind words echoing in your memory, you're determined to put on a good show worthy of the respect and decorum your mother commanded. Two hours and what feels like several hundred intricate procedures later, you're no longer Okiku Inoue, but Umekichi, Kimono Girl in training. Priscilla smiles warmly at the new you, having helped you with your hair and makeup based on your instructions, while Zousan trumpets his approval at his Trainer's elegance.

"Might I have the honour, Umekichi-san?" Priscilla says kindly, and you gracefully accept her hand as she walks you out of the gym's dressing room and back onto the field. Contesto had not been joking about getting the field ready; several spotlights from the ceiling have been turned on, dimming the rest of the gym and reflecting off several gigantic spiderwebs lacing across the ceiling, creating a dramatic criss-crossing effect of sparkles. The DJ in question has assumed his place behind his musical tool of choice with Spinner; the other gym Bugs have taken their positions around the field as the ever-excited audience. Just behind the turntable setup stands Leavanny, who gives you a happy little wave.

"Ooooooo-kay! How's it going, cool cats?" Playing the part of the disc jockey, Contesto rouses up his crowd; chitters erupt about the informal battle arena like ravers at a real party. "This next song - is for battlers only! On this side we've got a proud Pokémon, the closest to mother nature you can get this side of Johto; give it up for Leavanny and Sewaddle!"

You wonder if this means Leavanny would actually be commanding Sewaddle in battle, but as it turns out, Leavanny simply smiles at you as she lets Sewaddle down from her arms, who scuttles to the grass and standing up straight to the cheers of its fellow Bugs.

"And on the other side - we've got a special guest for you in the Azalea Gym! Trainer by day, Kimono Girl by night; Ledyba and gentlemen, I'm proud to present to you - Laaaaaady Umekichi!" Another round of Bug-type applause explodes just for you, almost overwhelming you by the sheer enthusiasm. Righting yourself, you perform a stately bow, before indicating your hand forward. Scampering, Zousan takes to the field opposite Sewaddle, who begins stomping the turf like a miniature Tauros. The determined frown on its face reminds you of when you first met it (sort of) back in Ilex Forest; you already know this little one packs a mean Tackle for its size, and who knows what else it can do? Zousan looks back at you with an equally determined glint in his eye, eager to scratch his battle itch.

"Without further ado," declares Contesto, "Let's get this party started!"

What will you do?
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:50 PM   #15
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
Elegant battle
Along with nature's creatures
Music to my ears



I was happy that everyone accepted of giving me time to put on my ceremonial garb, but I'm even more surprised on how much they decided to help into it! I don't know how many times I thanked Priscilla-san for helping me with my costume (I learned to put it all by myself, but there is parts of them, like my hair and my obi, that is very difficult to do alone) and Contesto-sama not only prepared his gym quite extensively, he has brought in a crowd and is playing a special song as the battle against the Sewaddle begins! Well ok, the crowd only have Priscilla-san, the Leavanny and the rest of the bug Pokémon of the gym, and the sounds coming out of gym's speakers is far from being traditional... but the public is so enthusiastic and the music so engaging, I couldn't ask more! I have to give it to the DJ: he is truly a man of entertainment!

Along with the song, I put my hand into one of my sleeve pockets and pull out my closed hand fan. It's a bit hard for me to know how to move and dance to this, but music is music, no matter the kind! I slowly move the fan towards Zousan, which, right on cue, he lets out a joyful but short cry.

"Let us begin!" I shout proudly.

Still in rhythm, I quickly lift my fan up then, in a sudden downward slash movement, I open it - revealing its white color and its pink cherry blossom drawings - and point it at our opponent at the same time.

"Zousan-kun, introduce yourself with a Growl, then show us what you can do with your newly-found and fiery Hidden Power!"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 04-30-2014 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Just adding a small detail! Nothing to do with the actions!
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #16
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Even as you follow procedure, you feel the adrenalin and blood pump through your ears, blending across the rhythms of the music and steady beat of your form. A sharp manoeuvre, and you call orders to Zousan, who begins with a rousing Growl, asserting his presence before his opponent. A few of the more timid insects scurry behind their fellow members of audience, but Sewaddle holds its ground; clearly it won't be cowed so easily. A running start, a little torpedo tearing through the gym grass, and Zousan finds himself on the receiving end of a fierce Tackle, bowling over like a curling ball. If the attempt at intimidation had any effect on Sewaddle's impact, it's certainly not obvious; you wince a little on the inside, knowing first-hand how hard one of those hits are.

Shaking himself steady, Zousan revs himself up for his next move. No longer bound by the restraint of context, he freely releases the might of his Hidden Power: an orb of blazing potential lights up around him, soon joined by consecutive brethren until a literal ring of fire erupts about him. Sewaddle begins to panic at this, but running in desperate circles can only do so much as the storm of fireballs start raining down on it. A few of them miss their mark, disintegrating on the grass and turning patches of it into ash, but the bulk of it sends Sewaddle into a scorched pile tumbling across the grass. Even above the music, the squeal Sewaddle gives is heartfelt given your shared history, and you're tempted to run over and cradle the hurt Bug-type in your arms, but you steel yourself. This is a solemn ceremony, not to be disturbed. Indeed, Sewaddle manages to get back up and glares back at you, eyes burning with the same fire as it did when you first clashed in Ilex Forest. You're both determined to put all you've got into this battle. Rearing its head, Sewaddle begins its next attack: a scatter of sticky String Shot is cast into the air before it lands on Zousan, trunk and ears and legs. Instinctively Zousan starts to flail, but the gooey substance stays stuck fast, limiting his movements. While your Phanpy might have a clear advantage from the get-go, things definitely aren't over yet...
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #17
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
Eep! I knew Zousan's Hidden Power would hurt the Sewaddle a lot, being very weak to fire, b-but I didn't know it would look that scary! Poor little one... But this what battles are about. Yes, they do get hurt, and I don't like that... but this is not fighting, this is more like a sport, and a form of entertainment. It's no time to get my emotions in the way of things! Got to keep face – in dance and battle, successful complicated movements and missteps should be treated equal: as if it was all part of it, and the show must always go on. The bug wasn't the only one being in a bit of trouble though: Zousan is now stuck in all that sticky string! Even him Flailing didn't seem to get him free... He could still attack without much movement, but he still need to move to dodge attacks! Unless...

With my free hand on my chest and making sure that my legs stand still, I cover my face with my fan, carefully spin it around in circle a couple of times... before I quickly close it again and wave it in a horizontal slash, with my whole body following the movement, to represent in dance my orders and strategy for this turn. "Zousan-kun, Curl your body Defensively to get ready for whatever will come to you; then, on my signal, which will be whenever the Sewaddle will be close to you, Play Roughly to hit it and break out of the bug silk at the same time!"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #18
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Even as the battle rages ahead of you, you try your best to maintain decorum and poise. It's not an easy task despite your training; this is a live scenario after all, and you have to fight your instincts of concern while keeping up with changing tides of combat. Switching to another pose, you order Zousan to hunker down and watch the enemy for movements; your Phanpy assumes his own formation in a Defence Curl, rolling up into a rough cylindroid while he awaits Sewaddle's next move. After all, the only thing it can do to damage you is to charge ahead, right? To your surprise, Sewaddle shakes some of the ash fragments from its head, its leafy hood billowing in the... wind? There's no mistaking it; the glittering crescent shock waves of a Silver Wind jet towards Zousan, striking him even in his curled form, prompting a few cries out of him. How was that possible? You find yourself asking, almost stopping as though to check your PokéDex before you pull yourself together. Sewaddle didn't normally learn Silver Wind, did they?

In the brief confusion, Sewaddle scuttles ahead towards Zousan, but the surprise move proves to be its own folly; with energy-laced wind having torn across his body, Zousan finds himself fancy free from the String Shot spewed earlier, and he breaks into a stampede to meet Sewaddle's Tackle. Dirt starts to kick up on the battlefield as the two clash in the centre, and you wouldn't be surprised if cartoonish stars and squiggles emerged from the cloud as Zousan lets loose his Play Rough on Sewaddle. Eventually the dust clears, and even as you hold your pose you try your best to observe the battle ahead. Although Zousan has taken his hits, Sewaddle clearly has come off worse in that exchange. Maybe if you pushed it a little further...
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #19
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
Wait, what? Sewaddle aren't supposed to learn Silver Wind! ...Or are they? I would've checked my Pokédex, but this isn't the time for that! Even with the surprise attack though, we still have the upper hand: Zousan is no longer stuck, and Sewaddle is looking pretty tired, especially compared to my Phanpy! I think it just needs more push...

With a flick of a wrist, I close my hand fan and then I use it to thrust forward. I pull it back towards me, open it up, and spin it beside my head.

"We're almost there!" I cheer on Zousan. "Tackle it, then release your Hidden Power again, with everything you've got!"

I stop spinning my fan. In a smooth movement, with my free hand, I reach down into the end of one of my long sleeves and pull out one of my six Pokéballs, the same one I took out earlier. After these two attacks, this should be it: Sewaddle would be likely weak enough to be captured. So, I shall be ready for that moment!
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #20
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Certain that the battle must be drawing to a close, you move in for the proverbial kill, striking a pose in finality while preparing the PokéBall you selected earlier. Despite the earlier push, Zousan's better physical condition gives him sufficient initiative to smack into Sewaddle with his own Tackle, beaning the bug over like a comical golf ball. As this happens, though, a pale yellow-green aura begins lighting up around Sewaddle, as if it was instinctively reacting to the Pokémon's dire straits. Indeed, as Sewaddle vigorously sways its head, the Silver Wind that emerges appears to be wider, faster, sharper, but Zousan is already prepared. Another circling swarm of Hidden Power emerges before igniting into the Fire-type variety you taught him, cannonballing towards Sewaddle like an inevitable meteor shower. The insect-laden zephyrs poof into nothingness against the superior element, and Sewaddle meeps at the incoming strikes. A few members of the audience noticeably wince as Sewaddle is pummeled with burning orbs, and you glance at Leavanny - what might she be thinking, seeing her charge in battle like this? Yet Leavanny remains as stoic as possible; evidently, she respects the procedure of combat as much as you've been instructed to, and she bows reverently in your direction. Indeed, as much as Sewaddle attempts to pull itself together, it finally collapses from the strain of battle, leaf hood limp against its head. The sight of Sewaddle unable to battle gives Zousan a moment to trumpet proudly - considering it's his first battle and victory, you decide to let this little break slide.

You take your cue, flinging the PokéBall in a forward arc, not quite making your mark but giving it a few bounces before it collides against its quarry. With nary a struggle, Sewaddle disappears into the containment device in a flash of red, almost instantly triggering its confirmation click. You rush over and pick up the PokéBall in shaking fingers; it's your first ever Pokémon capture. A scratching riff is heard from the overhead loudspeakers, surprising you and prompting you to look back at Contesto's mix station; you'd almost forgotten all about them.

"Alright! I declare this battle - radical! And also over." Posing his fingers at you, Contesto flashes you the smile of a winner. "I haven't seen a Bug battle this exciting since last year! Great show, Okiku! That got my DJ inspiration going, too. I think the agents in Goldenrod are gonna love this!"

"Leavan~" Still dazed, it surprises you when Leavanny walks over, catching you in a little hug. You look back up at it, but the motherly Pokémon continues smiling down at you - chipper, considering you did just capture one of her children in a performance. The thoughts you had earlier start resurfacing again; is there a connection between Leavanny and your heritage that you weren't aware of? But there's nothing you can read off Leavanny's face, except for a gentle aura that seems to say, "Please, take care of my child."

"I'm afraid this is where we must part ways, Okiku," Priscilla yawns as she makes her way over as well. "It gets harder for folks my age to stay up after evening hours. Still, I can't thank you enough for what you've done. If you ever come back to Azalea... please, don't be a stranger," she smiles. As the caretaker begins shuffling out of the gym, Leavanny walks forward, catching her by the arm. "Oh!" Looking up, Priscilla is amazed as Leavanny supports her, "Did you... want to help me back home?"

"Leavan!" Without looking back, Leavanny nods as the two elder ladies make the slow pacing away from the field and out of the gym, into the darkened night of the wintry town. You can't help but smile to yourself despite the weariness now setting in. Maybe things would look up for Priscilla, in spite of her apprehension around insects; you're sure of it. Likewise, Zousan nudges you as he takes your side. It's been an exhausting day, and you've not only managed to come one step closer in connecting with your past, but also make so many new friends in the process - one of whom is now nestled in your hand, a new member of your close family, with whom you will surely forge closer bonds and a brighter path ahead...


OOC: Congratulations! Your adventure is now complete. You are now free to journey to another location for another adventure. Hope you had an enjoyable time!

- Zousan has gained a level from the fight with Sewaddle.
- You have captured a Sewaddle! Sewaddle is Level 4, female, and has a Naughty nature. She also has Swarm as her ability, and Silver Wind as an Egg move.
- Sewaddle must be healed at a Pokémon Centre before any further interaction involving her.
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:23 AM   #21
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
((I dunno if I'm doing this right for an end-of-adventure post, but here we go~!))



We... we did it! We won our first battle, and I captured my first Pokémon, a great Sewaddle! All following tradition, too! Ok, it wasn't in a dance hall, it wasn't with traditional music, and it wasn't a human crowd or even had a trainer involved... But... due to the circumstances; the state of myself, Zousan, the Kimono Girls and the two regions... this is the most perfect match I could get!

As my capture's mother hugs me, I keep thinking about how she acted the whole time, including during the battle. Just as I've learned to act, she bowed on every greeting, thanking and parting, and she kept a straight face the whole way through the match, even when things looked bad for the Sewaddle and all the other bugs were wincing and hiding in horror. I'm really starting to think she have something related to those who took care of the shrine... Too bad she can't really talk, so I can't really just ask if all I'm thinking is true. Oh well, I'm just happy that she's ok and happy too, and seems to wish me good luck and to take care of her little one while she watches over the others who are staying in the forest. If she was a woman, she would make the good queen of the Ilex Forest! Then again, even as a Pokémon, I wouldn't be surprised if she already is, in some way!

When Priscilla-san offers me to come and visit if I come back here again in Azalea, I nod strongly. You bet I'll be coming back here and see her again! Besides, the shrine still needs some work!

As Pricilla-san makes way to her home along with Leavanny, Contesto-sama seems to prepare to close up the gym and Zousan seems to look tired, I let out a long yawn while making sure I put my hand in front of my mouth. I think today took a toll on everyone! There's only one thing to do. I politely bow farewell to the gym leader and his curious bug Pokémon, then with Zousan still following and me not forgetting my bag filled with my casual clothes, I leave the building to get as quickly as possible into another warm building (although a lot less humid,) that is the Pokémon Center.

Upon arriving the Pokémon Center, I immediatly look at the nurse inside. She might be surprised with my furisode, makup and hair, but I don't mind! Realizing that it's easier for them to heal Pokémon while they're inside their Pokéball, I thank my Phanpy for his hard work and then call him back in Pokéball before I offer it and my Sewaddle's to the nurse.

"Konbawa, nasu!" I greeted her and bow as usual. "Can you please heal my two Pokémon, Zousan and..."

I pause for the longest while. I can't call my Sewaddle like that all the time, without a name! That's just not proper, especially since she is the daughter (or at least I think she is) of the Leavanny, who's basically... Wait! I know!

"Can you please heal my two Pokémon to full health, Zousan and Himegimi? Also, I would like to stay here for the night, if you don't mind."

When she picked them up, I thanked her and bowed to her again as I head out to the restrooms to wash away my makeup, untie my hair and change my pyjamas, a Clefairy kigurumi. I walk to the beds used for Pokémon Trainers to sleep in, place my bag under a free bed, and tucked myself in it.

As I try to fall asleep, I'm starting to think what should I do next. I would love to continue clearing up the shrine, but nobody can push those big rocks, and we don't even have wood and stuff to remake the sacred place, too! I wish we were stronger... I could always train so we could do it, but I think it would take too long. What if we could get someone that is actually strong enough to help us? Oh! That's it! Remembering Contesto-sama's earlier cheering about finding inspiration for his music to play in Goldenrod, I just remembered how the news of the "Celebi Shrine Repair" project said the materials needed to repair it are in that city! I'm sure I would be able to deliver some of it back here! Oh, and I could always ask for some help there, since here in Azalea not a lot of people can! So i have have decided – Tomorrow morning, I'll be heading out to Goldenrod City to get materials and help for the shrine!

And with that new goal in mind, I slowly fall asleep.



*Zousan gained a level!*
*Zousan grew from Lv.6 to Lv.7!*

*Okiku caught a Naughty-natured Lv.4 Sewaddle with Swarm ability and Silver Wind egg move!*
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:35 PM   #22
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,791
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
It has been a few days since you, Zousan, and your new friend Himegimi have ventured into Goldenrod. You remember that the plains extended for what seemed like forever, and many Miltank, Mareep, and other livestock Pokemon inhabiting the area. Most of the farmers and ranchers you met on the way to the city were very friendly, and most helped give you pointers towards the fallen city.

You were only a toddler when the disasters happened, so it was hard to imagine how grand Goldenrod use to be before them. Most of the people were completely different to the ones out in the plains, either giving you the cold shoulder or telling you to get lost. However, you were determined to find someone to help you. Someone to help you fix up the Ilex Shrine. After a few days of wayward wandering, your crew finally stumbled onto the gym. You shake your head, and look at the gym doors. What's inside could possible help you on your quest to repair the shrine, but its inhabitants might give you the cold shoulder like the rest of the town.

What will you do?


(A nice simple update to get you started. Hopefully you have no problems with this ^^;)
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #23
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
Entry 2: コガネシティ - Goldenrod City
Thanks Lost for picking me up! ^^


So a few days ago, I left Azalea to reach up Goldenrod by walking through Ilex Forest again (with the great help of Himegimi!) and Route 34. The view on the way was awesome! It was grass and food plants as far as I could see, and plenty of farms with gardens and Pokémon! The Pokemon were all so cute! And the farmers were very friendly – they were a lot of help to find my way to the city!

...Too bad the people in the city are not that friendly...

With Contesto-sama's own efforts and the information in the news announcement as inspiration, I came here and spent a few days finding some help to repair the Celebii Shrine, either as helping hands or giving stuff. But... I think I know now why even Contesto-sama has such a hard time to convince the people here to help: Everyone just ignores me or pushes me away! I tried everything, from simply asking around to even holding dancing ceremonies, but nothing worked, they just all pass by! They just... won't listen... Is there something wrong with them? Did something happened to the city to make them all... closed like that, like the disasters maybe? ...Is this the reason why Kimono Girls disappeared? People just stopped... caring about things like that, about them? They just... gave up trying to help them and left...? ...No, that can't be right! People still care about others, I just need to find the right way to get their attention and make them understand! And Kimono Girls wouldn't just give up on them like that!

...Right? Right!?

But I still gotta do something, now! If Kimono Girls shouldn't give up, so should I! I gotta think of something... Wait, if Contesto-sama helped me in Azalea, could the Gym Leader of this city help me, too? He should know the news about the shrine! If there's one person who can understand me here, it's the Gym Leader!

With a map picked up at the Pokémon Center in hand, I make my way to Goldenrod's Pokémon Gym. Arriving there, I'm surprised how... ordinary it looks compared to all the crazy, big and flashy buildings the city have! The difference is crazy! It looks more like a barn than anything else! Why is that? Looking at it more in detail, I spot the usual descriptive sign beside the entrance: "Jeremiah - The Rural Brawler". ...'Rural'? Wait, the Gym Leader is a farmer? Oooooh, I sure hope he's just as nice as those I met and helped me on the way here! I pull the gym's huge door... but agh, it won't budge! Is it locked? It doesn't seem like it is... I pull even harder, and this time it did open a bit, but far from enough for me to get inside before it closes again! Ok, one more time... I pull the door again, this time putting all my weight into it...

...Himegimi, is that you?

She comes out of her Pokéball on her own, and she Shot a String of web at the door to help me pull it open more and make it stay open! ...But a bit too much: It opens so quickly and with so much force, it sends me flying! I yelp loudly as I let go of the door and fall on my back.

"Ow..." I rub my butt. I look back at Himegimi, and she is snickering at me! "Hey, that wasn't funny!" I whimper. "I could've hurt a lot more!"

My Sewaddle's laugh starts to sound more nervous, and her face seems like saying she's at least a bit sorry for both pulling the door open to hard and laughing at me. After getting myself up, I pat on Himegimi's head to let her know she's forgiven, but then I realise that after all these days since I have her, I completely forgot to do something with her: give her the Hidden Power TM I got when I started as a trainer! I used it on Zousan, but not her! Knocking twice on my head, I pull out from my bag the TM and I show it to her. Like my Phanpy, she touches it, shines a little bit... and yatta! in celebration, Himegimi uses her new move right away and made a few orbs of rocks spin joyfully around her! Cool!


**Himegimi learned Hidden Power – Rock!**


I want to celebrate along with her, but I just notice that the web strings holding the door open are starting to loosen up! Eep! My little bug quickly jumps on my shoulder as I run into the Gym just before the door slams shut behind me! After I sigh from that close one, I yell out as much as I can so everyone – anyone in the gym can hear me:

"Jeremiah-sama! Imasuka!?" I take out my Shrine Restoration Commitee trinket Contesto-sama gave me and waive it around, "I need some help fixing the shrine in Ilex Forest! A lot of big rocks need to be moved, and super-special wood is needed to fix it!"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #24
Lil'twick
Gay Demon Prince
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Holy See of Ishgard
Posts: 2,791
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
(I'm not sorry about this, no not one bit.)

As you try to enter the gym, you find out you're not strong enough to open the barn doors. Even with a plain looking gym, there has to be some catch. Regardless, you try to open the door a few times, but only manage to nudge it open slightly. A bit stuck on how to get into the gym, your Sewaddle suddenly jumps out of her Pokeball. The bug type then uses a string shot on the door, using the stickiness of the gooey string to help you open the door. It takes you two a few times, but you manage to get into the gym (With some antics from the naughty bug, of course).

You then rush into the gym, calling out for the gym leader. Most of the trainers inside give you a weird look before returning to what they're doing. Most of them seem... a little out of it. You then start to quiet down, realizing that shouting doesn't work... most of the time. Eventually, after a few minutes, a woman strides (though she does swing back and forth for a bit) towards you.

"Hallo gurl, whatcha doing here at this hour in the morning?" the woman asks, putting her right, umber hand on her hip. "Most of these people are drunk as heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellll. We had this massive parteh last night! Celebrating our good ol' bossman's birthday. Thankfully I didn't have as much of the bubbly as them, or this whole place woulda been out of commission."

"Anyways, if you're looking for the bossman I don't know where he at. Musta slipped out last night or somethin'. So I suggest you return later if you wanna see him, if he does come today," the woman tells you before looking for something.

"Hmm... where was that... Oh yeah it it was!" She rummages through one of the desks, before finding a clipboard. Her exclamation cause some of the people in the gym to yell at her, and she snaps back at them.

"Sorry 'bout that. Anyways, if you could put your name and PokeGear number here lassie I can give y'all a call when Jeremiah comes back. Judging by that little trinket, you're here to help with the Celebi Shrine. I'll put that down next to your name, alright? Oh, by the name the people around her call me Nicki, even so my name is Sheniqua. Call me whatever you like gurl!" She exclaims, adding in a bit of sass.

After you put down the required info, the umber woman gives you a wink. You manage to get a closer look at her, noticing her curly black hair and bright, blue eyes that seem to complement the rest of her body. Adorning her head is a cowboy hat. She's also wearing short shorts, shorts you would never even dare wear yourself. Lastly, a simple red plaid shirt, making her look like the standard cowgirl. On her hip is three Pokeballs, and her chest a badge signifying she's an official gym trainer.

"Oh, yeah, if you want somethings to help with the time we have a few quests up on the board. We also do have training available for your Pokemon if you want. Lastly, and this is a personal request from me, I would like it if you could liven this place up. All these people, besides the ones here, are complete.... What's a word I can use around you... Pricks. I know it won't happen in a day, but at least something nice for the town to not make them sourpusses." Nicki winks at you before heading back into the deeper areas of the gym.

What will you do?
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:47 PM   #25
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,663
((You are not excused :P))



It's only after I try to call out the gym leader loudly that I noticed how the place was filled with trainers... that seemed to not like my greeting, just giving me weird looks. Oh, don't tell me they're all like the rest of the city folks, too... but they seem to act... pretty oddly, just the same! They're all just 'out of it', like if they haven't slept for days and feel sick... I try to calmly and politely ask where's the gym leader, but they all responded to me with moans or tiredly ignoring me. Did they turn into zombies or something? Anyway, after a few minutes of waiting, there's someone that actually seems ok comes to see me! She... looks strange for a farmer, but that will do, she still looks more friendly than everyone else!

"Hallo gurl," she greets me with her heavy accent, "whatcha doing here at this hour in the morning? Most of these people are drunk as heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellll. We had this massive parteh last night! Celebrating our good ol' bossman's birthday. Thankfully I didn't have as much of the bubbly as them, or this whole place woulda been out of commission."

I have a bit of a hard time to understand her, but oh, they're 'drunk'? I've heard of that before! I've read in my books that in the past, Kimono Girls would serve sake, and it would make them that way. And even if they were acting weird, they had to keep bieing nice to them! Unless if they started being mean though, they would kick them out.

"O-oh! I would like to see Jeremiah-sama, onegaishimasu!"

"If you're looking for the bossman," she continued, "I don't know where he at. Musta slipped out last night or somethin'. So I suggest you return later if you wanna see him, if he does come today."

"Awww..." I pout.

The woman walks off though, like if she was looking for something, then found a clipboard on a desk. The other trainers yell at her for some reason, but she yells at them back before she comes back to me with the clipboard. "Sorry 'bout that. Anyways, if you could put your name and PokeGear number here lassie I can give y'all a call when Jeremiah comes back."

"Sure, ok!" I say before taking the paper (and a pen) and write down my name and number on the paper.

"Judging by that little trinket, you're here to help with the Celebi Shrine," she asks, which I nod in response. "I'll put that down next to your name, alright? Oh, by the name the people around her call me Nicki, even so my name is Sheniqua. Call me whatever you like gurl!"

"Uhm..." I hesitate, not quite sure on how to call her, especially since Sheniqua is her official name, written on her Gym Trainer badge... but her nickname is more fun to say, and she did say she doesn't mind how she's being called! "Ok, Nicki-san!" Before I decide what I should do in the meantime, Nicki-san talks to me again:

"Oh, yeah, if you want somethings to help with the time we have a few quests up on the board. We also do have training available for your Pokemon if you want. Lastly, and this is a personal request from me, I would like it if you could liven this place up. All these people, besides the ones here, are complete.... What's a word I can use around you... Pricks. I know it won't happen in a day, but at least something nice for the town to not make them sourpusses."

As she winks and walk away deeper in the gym, I stare at her, my jaw dropped but my mouth still having a big smile. She... she may be the weirdest person I have ever met so far in my journey, but... her heart is in the right place, and she finds the people here really bad, too! There is hope in this city and its people! I gotta do what she says and help the city! And what better way to know how to help the city by looking at board with quests on it? I run up to the board right away and look at all the quests that's on it.

"Do you see any interesting ones in there, Himegimi?" I ask my Sewaddle.
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Golden Lands


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.