UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Quest Logs

Old 03-18-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Kamen's Journal on a Berry Good Lifestyle

Name: Cameron "Kamen" Kalmia
Class: Swamper (Grass Major, Water Minor and Electric Weakness)

Appearance: First time anyone sees Cameron, they see the frame of this big guy, being 179cm and 83kg. For some reason, his metabolism is really slow, and Cameron doesn't seem to lose very much weight even though he eats very little since supplies are hard to come by.
His brownish-black hair splotched with grey patches is usually ruffled and naturally kept clumping upwards towards the front, the back of his hair reasonably flattened against his slightly tanned skin. He has a thin layer of stubble growing along his jawline, which he maintains by either returning home or dropping by the local Nincada population who are happy to help trim his beard. Aside from the hair and his strangely golden eyes, his clothes are rather average. A weekly choice of a striped blue and sea green short-sleeved shirt or a vividly emerald green tee with muddy stains, then a long pair of cream cargo pants or similarly sized dark brown cargo pants to go with the shirt of choice and brown hiking boots. To weather the elements, he dons a tattered but still tough navy blue trenchcoat that he found left behind a few years back dangling off a tree during his afternoon hike around the Mt. Moon side of the forest. A pair of black fingerless gloves, a scratched but still functioning Pokenav, and a torn photo of what he remembers to be the Berry Fields of Kalos were found in one of the many pockets of said coat.
How Cameron ended up with the name Kamen was through the Beedrill-style wooden mask, tied to either his arm or head by a once crimson bandana, he is commonly seen with during his walks around the Viridian Forest, reminding some older residents of Viridian Village of a show that once aired during their childhood, long before the disaster came. He has also made masks based off Ninetales and Wynaut.

Personality: Despite seeming to be physically imposing, Cameron is nothing of the sort, being a quiet person who tends to be rather awkward in conversations, especially when put on the spot. However, having grown somewhat from his mildly brief journey so far, Cameron's become a bit better at talking to people, although he can be rather snarky to others if they're rude to him. He's more cheerful now that comes with the camaraderie of being with his Pokemon.

In cases where he becomes upset, he may end up shutting himself away from others, remembering the sound of the Grasswhistle duet of his mother's Lilligant and father's Sceptile to calm himself like it did in his childhood. In groups of people he has warmed up to, he's more lively and full of cheer, seeking to boost the morale of the group when the depressing atmosphere weighs down on all of them. He does prefer to associate with the local Pokemon near his treetop base in the Viridian Forest over heading to town, but this journey he's on is sure to have that change.

Background: Cameron was born in Fortree City, living high up in the treetops with his parents and their Pokemon. His mother was an Aroma Lady, teaching Cameron all about the wonders of Grass Pokemon, berries and flowers with her Lilligant whom had been her companion since her days in Unova. His father was a Pokemon Ranger who worked with his Sceptile to train Cameron for the day he would eventually meet his own Pokemon and befriend them.

The peaceful days in Fortree were swept away when the disasters came along. Fortunately, Cameron's family and the majority of Fortree City's population were spared the colossal damage that the flooding of Hoenn's seas brought to the land due to their raised city. Cameron's father was soon assigned to the Kanjohto Superregion which had taken the brunt of the natural disasters, and the family moved to the Viridian Village, the closest thing there that resembled their former home, sans the treetop homes.

At the age of 17, he left to stay in the Viridian Forest to grow accustomed to the new land and learn to live without depending on his parents who had worked so hard to bring him up as the person he is today, for he would soon join the legions of other trainers in their pursuit to unite Pokemon and people together once more.

Of course, he still visits his family today, but his father is usually off on a mission, while his mother tends to the community berry patches and runs lessons on sustainable crops, so it's rare for a full family get-together unless Sceptile personally brings news of his father's return.

Starter Group: 2

Quest Log:
- Shiny new stuff, dusty ol' clay
Having just finished his weekly visit to Viridian for a chat with Mum, and helping her out, Cameron set off with Mystia on a search for adventure! That led him to the berry farm run by Georgia, who had been having problems with scrumpers running off with her harvest. Offering his assistance, this berry picking job quickly turned into a search, where Cameron met Luke and his Tangela, the thieves who had been stealing from Georgia's fields. After a long chase and a few Bullet Seeds to his back, Cameron confronted Luke in the clearing which the young boy called home, Tangela putting up a good fight against Mystia despite the type disadvantage. All's well that ends well for now though, since Georgia forgave Luke for his antics in exchange for helping her out in the fields with his friends. Cameron ended up befriending a Sandshrew who he had tripped over in his little stint at the farm, and now Anut is a part of the party!
(Masks obtained: Mankey - Mask of Rage)
-
-

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.

Last edited by KamenAeons; 06-18-2016 at 03:02 AM.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Inventory

Poke Balls:
- 6 Poke Balls (One holds Anut, one holds Corphish)
- 1 Friend Ball
- 1 Lure Ball
- Apricorn Bonus Pack (x01 Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Black, Pink Apricorn)

Medicine:
- 3 Potions
- 1 Revive

Mail and other single use items:
- 1 Escape Rope
- Tropic Mail
- Wave Mail
- Bridge Mail T, D, S, V, and M (5 total)

Key Items:
- 1 Fishing Pole
- 1 TM Case
- 1 Berry Pouch
- PokeGear with the Phone card loaded
- Pokedex
- Slightly damaged Pokenav with map of Hoenn, unusable
- Wynaut Mask
- Beedrill Mask
- Ninetales Mask
- Mankey Mask

Berry Pouch:
- 1 Oran Berry (2 from start, 1 given to Anut before capture)
- 4 Sitrus Berries (4 from shopping)
- 2 Cheri Berries (2 from start)
- 4 Chesto Berries (2 from start, 2 from shopping)
- 4 Pecha Berries (2 from start, 2 from shopping)
- 2 Rawst Berries (2 from start)
- 2 Aspear Berries (2 from start)
- 2 Persim Berries (2 from shopping)
- 1 Mago Berry
- 2 Watmel Berry
- 1 Wacan Berry
- 1 Shuca Berry

TM Case:
- TM Icy Wind

Hold Items:
- Muscle Band - On Anut
- Assault Vest - On Mystia
- Amulet Coin - On Sanson

Cash on hand: $5700
- $700
- $5000
x1 Rare Candies (3 - Anniversary, 3 - Trick or Treat, 5 used)

Star Shards on hand: 11
- 5 from A Very Wild Christmas
- 5 from Decemberween
- 2 from Berry Thief Arc Clear
- 1 spent for Berry Pack: 4 Sitrus Berries, 2 Persim Berries, 2 Chesto Berries, and 2 Pecha Berries
- 2 from Levee Restoration Arc Clear
- 2 spent for Amulet Coin

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Last edited by KamenAeons; 12-01-2016 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Pokemon

Name: Mystia
Species: Doduo
Classification: Twin Bird Pokemon
Level: 14
Ability: Early Bird
Nature: Jolly
Bio: Mystia has always been Cameron's alarm bird, making a ruckus every morning. No one else minds though, since she can't help being an early riser. Only recently did Mystia decide to join Cameron in his journey to become a trainer, being surprisingly strong enough to carry him long distances despite his weight. Of course, Cameron feels guilty about this, and chooses to walk while she speeds off on her own unless he really needs it.
She really likes to sing, but can never get the right tune.

Moves Known:
- Peck - Growl - Quick Attack ( Lv. 5 ) - Feint Attack ( Egg Move ) - Pursuit ( Lv. 9 ) - Rage ( Lv. 10 ) - Fury Attack ( Lv. 13 )
- Tri Attack ( Lv. 21 ) - Pluck ( Lv. 21 ) - Uproar ( Lv. 23 ) - Double Hit ( Lv. 25 ) - Acupressure ( Lv. 28 ) - Drill Peck ( Lv. 30 ) - Agility ( Lv. 33 ) - Endeavour ( Lv. 46 ) - Thrash ( Lv. 50 )

Custom Move:
Homing Bird - Pursuit before a swift Quick Attack to retreat to a safe distance. It homes in on the target, where Mystia can then try to snap them up with a head before retreating. It's a versatile skill to have, given Mystia's speed, perfect for search-and-rescues and battles.

Name: Anut
Species: Sandshrew
Classification: Mouse Pokemon
Level: 13
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Serious
Bio: Anut was the last Pokemon Cameron expected to meet while tending to Georgia's berry crop, having the unfortunate one that Cameron ended up tripping on. A wild chase later, and Cameron and Anut ended up crossing paths again, with the young maskmaker briefly fighting to protect the Sandshrew. It wasn't too long until Anut ended up on Cameron's team as the first of the new team, his sharp claws being sure to be useful in their adventures together.

Moves Known:
- Scratch - Defense Curl - Sand Attack ( Lv. 3 ) - Poison Sting ( Lv. 5 ) - Night Slash ( Egg Move ) - Rollout ( Lv. 7 )
- Rapid Spin ( Lv. 9 ) - Swift ( Lv. 11 ) - Fury Cutter ( Lv. 11 ) - Magnitude ( Lv. 14 ) - Slash ( Lv. 17 ) - Fury Swipes ( Lv. 19 ) - Sand Tomb ( Lv. 23 ) - Gyro Ball ( Lv. 33 ) - Sandstorm ( Lv. 37 ) - Swords Dance ( Lv. 38 ) - Earthquake ( Lv. 46 )

Custom Moves:
Gravedigger - Dig chained into a Night Slash from below. The effectiveness varies with the type of ground he's digging through, but more practice seems to be necessary before he can land accurate hits like he does using Night Slash normally. Primarily an ambush-type maneuver.

Name: Sanson
Species: Corphish
Classification: Ruffian Pokemon
Level: 13
Ability: TBA
Nature: Careful
Bio:

Moves Known:
Bubble, Harden, Vicegrip, Leer, Superpower (EM)

Custom Moves:
Frost Burst - Bubble infused with Icy Wind's strength. The Bubbles are blown towards the enemy slightly faster than the normal one, glistening with ice before they explode on impact to leave a slippery layer of ice beneath the foe, hindering their speed somewhat.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Last edited by KamenAeons; 12-01-2016 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Pokedex

027 - Sandshrew

Classification: Mouse Pokemon
Type: Ground
Data: It burrows and lives underground. If threatened, it curls itself up into a ball for protection.
Disliking water, it lives in deep burrows in arid areas. It can roll itself instantly into a ball.

084 - Doduo

Classification: Twin Bird Pokemon
Type: Normal / Flying
Data: A two-headed Pokémon that was discovered as a sudden mutation. It runs at a pace of over 60 miles per hour.
The brains in its two heads appear to communicate emotions to each other with a telepathic power.

103 - Exeggutor

Classification: Coconut Pokemon
Type: Grass / Psychic
Data: Its three heads think independently. However, they are friendly and never appear to squabble.
It is called "The Walking Jungle." If a head grows too big, it falls off and becomes an Exeggcute.

114 - Tangela

Classification: Vine Pokemon
Type: Grass
Data: Data: Many writhing vines cover it, so its true identity remains unknown. The blue vines grow its whole life long.
It tangles any moving thing with its vines. Their subtle shaking is ticklish if you get ensnared.

274 - Nuzleaf

Classification: Wily Pokemon
Type: Grass / Dark
Data: It lives deep in forests. With the leaf on its head, it makes a flute whose song makes listeners uneasy.

357 - Tropius

Classification: Fruit Pokemon
Type: Grass / Flying
Data: It flies by flapping its broad leaves and gives the sweet, delicious fruit around its neck to children. The bunch of fruit around its neck ripens twice a year and is delicious. It’s a highly favoured tropical snack.

511 - Pansage

Classification: Grass Monkey Pokemon
Type: Grass
Data: It shares the leaf on its head with weary-looking Pokémon. These leaves are known to relieve stress.
It's good at finding berries and gathers them from all over. It's kind enough to share them with friends.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Last edited by KamenAeons; 09-18-2015 at 03:35 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Quest Logs