UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #1101
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Fountain Garden

Meetan


You feel insulted as Mark tells you that Swinub ‘isn’t suited to the Fountain Garden’. You decide to send Swinub into the fray alongside Skarmory. As Skarmory prepares to attack Weezing with its Brave Bird attack, Swinub rushes into the battle, spewing out a Bomb of Mud that flies towards Weezing. As it seems that it is about to hit it, one of the Koffing moves in the way and is hit by the exploding Mud Bomb, knocking it to the ground, but protecting its boss. Just then, Skarmory unleashes its attack, rushing at Weezing, surrounded in a blue miasma. The move strikes Weezing, knocking it to the ground while Skarmory screeches as it takes some recoil damage. It is then the Weezing’s turn to fight, as it taps into its Psychic Energy, firing a Psybeam at Swinub, knocking him back a bit, but leaving him confusion free. The Koffing duo charge up a Shadow Ball together, making it double its normal size, before firing it at Skarmory. The Shadow Ball explodes on Skarmory’s steel hide, and a ghostly wind escapes from it, battering Skarmory, even though it is not very effective on him. Mark orders Skarmory again. “Skarmory, Steel Wing on one of those Koffing!” he orders, as Skarmory’s wings begin to glow and it strikes the Koffing that was previously hit by the Mud Bomb, but it still manages to get back up. Swinub charges up an orb, then fires a jagged Beam of Ice at Weezing, who takes it head-on, but manages to keep afloat. The Weezing decides to hide itself, using Haze to cover the field in a thick Haze, leaving Swinub unable to see any of the Poison-Types. However, he can still smell them with his good nose, and fires off another Ice Beam, hitting Weezing again. In the end, Swinub is still pumped for battle, having used a fair amount of energy. One Koffing is nearly knocked out, and the other is still fine. The Weezing has taken a heavy toll, but has barely used any energy. Skarmory is still fine on both accounts.

What will you do?


Alice winces as she sees Swinub take the Psybeam, worried that it'll confuse her partner, but it does not. She smiles, although this falters again at the Haze. "Little git - don't worry, Swinub, you should be okay with this! You can use Mist, so just use this as practise!" The teenager called encouragingly. A split second decision, the rookie decides to move aside, hoping to confuse their enemies as to their whereabouts by changing where her voice is coming from. If she wasn't directly behind Swinub as expected, then perhaps their aim would suffer a bit?

"You're doing great, mister! Use Ice Barrier to defend yourself, then charge Wheezing with Bite and Double Edge! Try to freeze at least one of them!" She was counting on a surprise appearance and the physical contact. Swinub was agile, and his small size plus efficient nose would hopefully benefit them here.

((Profile.))
Meetan is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #1102
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge
 
Ex-Admiral Insane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,609
Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
The Oasis

Ex-Admiral Insane


You wonder why you decided to come to the Oasis in the first place as you trek through the sandy dunes, constantly complaining, much to Rags’ dismay. Eventually, you decide to take off your shirt and use it as a makeshift hat, blocking some of the sun, and letting some heat out. You place Rags on your head, so he can have a break from dragging you around, and you keep walking. After a while, you hear Rags’ stomach growl, and laugh before your own stomach growls even louder. You decide to lay down for a while, as the sun is setting. Rags eagerly watches the sun set over the horizon as you bring out some food that you brought. The two of you dig in, then fall asleep next to each other. The next morning, you continue in search of water and adventure. Your sight begins to get blurry, and Rags tugs on your trousers. You ignore it, however, but not by choice, as your judgement is beginning to become clouded, and so is your eyesight. You realize that the desert is becoming engulfed by a dense fog, and you stop moving. Eventually, the fog begins to clear, and instead of the endless world of sand that you saw before, you find yourself in a room. A room with walls surrounding you and no apparent exits. All of a sudden, a portion of the wall in front of you begins you lower, revealing a passage.

What will you do?
The comforting rest the two had the night before was relaxing, but it didn't take long before the heat got to them again. They were going to need to drink water regularly but they also knew they had to use whatever they had sparingly. With no visible establishemnt around it would seem the smart thing to do. Unfortunately the two of them felt exhausted and and Lucas couldn't pay much attention to Rags when the little Pokémon tugged on his trousers. The small tug slightly pulled back Lucas and in that instant his sight started getting blurry. Almost like a fog. A sandstorm maybe? he thought.
It was getting worse, the fog was now completely blinding his view and Lucas wasn't sure whether it was real or just his imagination. Rags seems to have stalled from the desert mist as well. The two had to stop, they had no idea where they were going and walking around in circles wasn't the best idea to do. The fog also seemed to have cooled them down a bit, allowing them to take a small breather. They didn't say anything to each other, both were trying to think of what was going on and what they should do next.

"What's up with this desert?" Lucas finally said. "Fog doesn't appear naturally in deserts, does it?" He looked puzzingly and weary at his Ralts as he said those last words. Rags merely shrugged his shoulders. Their exhaustion was slightly clouding their judgement and even if Lucas questioned the fog, he didn't sound sincere. They'd rather just go along with whatever was going to happen. They desperately wanted to get out of the desert that offered almost nothing but sand and mist.
They both sat down to try and relax. Whatever little vapour was present in the fog felt welcome and rehydrated them without having to drink much water. It didn't last long though as the fog already seemed to be slowly disappearing.

As if the fog wasn't weird enough for the two already, their entire surroundings seemed to have shifted. Slowly, the fog was revealing not a scorching hot desert filled with sand, but walls surrounding the two of them. They were trapped in what now seemed like a room and there wasn't a single door or window to allow them out. Or at least, they thought; before they could completely observe their cage, a small portion of the wall in front of them was already lowering. A way out!
Had Lucas been thinking straight, he would have assumed that all of what he had seen and was witnessing was a simnple trick on the mind, a mirage fed to him by the heat and drought, but the two didn't want to question much. They were thirsty and tired and both of those factors were obstructing them from even opposing what they were facing. For those same reasons, Lucas and Rags walked up to the passage without a single thought in their head. They were acting more like walking corpses then intelligent life. They just desperately wanted to get out and move on and find a comfortable place to stay. They didn't do so much as glance at one another let alone talk.
They drifted, hoping that whatever lay ahead would give them some peace and comfort.
__________________

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-11-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #1103
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL
 
Celebii151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Getting 5 manned bot
Posts: 3,331
Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Rotom In Before the Lock!

Space Path

Son_of_Shadows


When you had entered the Cloud Forest, you had never dreamed that you would end up in a Team Galactic Base in the Space Path. However, this is not the time to dwell on that, as you have fight for Minccino and for your life as well. You think about which Pokemon to send out against this Croagunk, and you end up choosing Cloudy, your Swablu who does a few aerial maneuvers before stopping to face his opponent. The orders are volleyed from both trainers, and Cloudy is the first to make a move, flying from side to side and back and forth, showing off his Acrobatics, before striking Croagunk, the Toxic Mouth Pokemon yelping in pain from the super effective hit. However, the Croagunk had been preparing move while Cloudy hit him, his right fist glowing a bright orange, which he hits Cloudy with, achieving his Revenge. Cloudy chirps loudly, obviously having taken a large shot of damage from that attack as he flies back, before steadying his flight pattern again. Cloudy then gets up close and personal with Croagunk, inhaling a deep breath of air, preparing his Hyper Voice, but his move is stopped short when he is Punched again by the Croagunk, making him look like a Sucker. Cloudy once again chirps loudly, and this time doesn’t get up close to the Croagunk, flapping his wings hard to create a Heat Wave that blows over Croagunk. The amphibious Pokemon cries out in pain, much more than a typical Croagunk would, and you find out that its ability is Dry Skin. Croagunk ends the round by doing some workout routines: jumping jacks, running on the spot, that sort of stuff, Bulking itself Up in the process. At the end of the round, Croagunk has taken much more damage than Cloudy, and used more energy than him. Cloudy seems fine, in health and energy.

What will you do?


Fountain Garden

Meetan


You volley your orders to Swinub, and so does Mark. You hear his orders, which are “Skarmory, first, blow away the Haze with Whirlwind, then Steel Wing that Koffing that looks damaged. Then Giga Impact on the other one!” You wonder if Mark either being incredibly smart or incredibly stupid, calling out so many high energy cost moves. However, you ignore that thought and focus on the battle that is at hand. Swinub begins, using a rarely seen move, an Ice Barrier forming around him. Skarmory flaps its majestic wings, whipping up a Whirlwind that gets rid of the Haze. Skarmory then rushes the Koffing, its Wings looking very Steely as they are slammed into the Koffing, sending it to the ground, swirls replacing its eyes as it is clearly knocked out. Then, the Koffing makes a move, approaching Swinub and Skamory at high speeds. You wonder what it could possibly be doing, but you realize when you see light escaping from the holes it has. You scream at Swinub to evacuate, as Mark does the same to Skarmory, but not before telling him to pick up the Oshawott. The two Pokemon run as far as they can, before the Koffing activates its Explosion, a huge ball of fire bursting all over the Fountain Garden, destroying the Ice Barrier, but leaving Swinub and Skarmory with minimal damage. The Koffing has fallen into a lake due to the recoil, and is now literally swimming with the fishes. As you wonder what happened to Weezing, your question is answered as you see a green Protective sphere surrounding it. It seems the two Pokemon had planned this. After the commotion is over, the two Pokemon get into battle mode, Skarmory dropping the Oshawott into Mark’s arms. The duo charge at Weezing, Swinub preparing to Bite it, as Skarmory braces itself for the Giga Impact it is about to face. The pair’s attacks both land hits, and the two of you cheer. Until the Weezing vanishes in a puff of smoke. Then, a kanji of Fire is Blasted at them, hitting them both, causing them to yelp in pain from the super effective hits. It seems at the last second, Weezing made a Substitute to take the hits for it. However, due to the high energy moves, he is left wide open for a Double-Edge from Swinub, who shudders as he takes recoil damage. In the end, Skarmory and Swinub have both taken heavy damage, but Swinub energy use was a bit high, though he still has plenty left in the tanks. Skarmory used a large amount of energy; he is very suspectible to attacks right now!

What will you do?


Cloud Forest

Kairne


Deep in the Cloud Forest, the double battle rages on, with each side about equal. This round begins with Gilford making the first move, as per your orders, rather than Landstar, due to his higher speed. Gilford stomps on the ground many time, creating a lot of dust. Gilford Charges out of the dust, covered in Flame as he dashes faster towards Karrablast. Karrablast cannot do anything to dodge the move, and is hit, sending it flying back. Gilford feels his muscles loosen up from the stored energy, raising his speed. Before Karrablast can react, the blue bug is blasted with a high-pressure stream of Water as if fired from a Gun, courtesy of Landstar. Shelmet achieves revenge for his ganged up on teammate, by somehow Buzzing like the Bug he is; sound waves laced with Bug Energy focusing on Landstar, dealing some good damage to him. Karrablast gets back up, and shows you its Fury, using its horn as a Cutter to continuously slice and dice at Landstar, dealing some heavy damage. When the assault end, Karrablast is panting heavily, leaving it wide open to a Thunderpunch from Gilford. As Karrablast is slammed into a tree, it struggles to get back up as electricity emanates from its body. It seems that Karrablast has been paralyzed. Shelmet offers you a thousand Curses, its Attack and Defense raising in the process, while its speed is lowered, as Landstar comes from above, slicing it with Razor Shell. Karrablast has by far has the worst luck of the whole bunch, having the lowest health and being paralyzed. Shelmet has taken barely and damage, and its energy use wasn’t too bad either. Landstar used a fair amount of energy, and took some damage, while Gilford went through unscathed and used a bit of energy. Gilford also has a speed boost, while Shelmet has a speed decrease and a boost to its attacks and defenses.

What will you do?


The Rose Arch

Uhhhhh


You explain to this mysterious woman who you really are, and that your intentions are not one of evil. You also tell her that you battled and caught Pansage, fair and square, adhering to the rules of a trainer. She giggles a bit at the mention of your alliterative name. You tell her that Pansage had led you here, and you weren’t really sure why he had done it. She gasps at this. “Pansage? Surely you can’t think that he is…” she is cut off by a fierce nod from Pansage, confirmed whatever it was she was wondering about. “Well, you haven’t been wrong before.” She sighs. She turns to you. “I’m sorry, I must apologize for my actions. You see, times have been hard for all of us.” You ask her what she means by ‘all of us’. As if on cue, from the shadows appear a multitude of Pokemon, including but not limited to Budew, Gloom, Bellsprout, Hoppip and Cherubi. “You must’ve been wondering why you didn’t see any wild Pokemon in the Rose Arch. Naturally, such a beautiful place should be paradise for Pokemon. However, there have been evil forces at work lately. Team Rocket have been here, capturing these poor Pokemon and torturing them into telling them when they will come.” She explains. Her explanations leave you with more questions than answers, such as what she was discussing with Pansage, and she meant by they.

What will you do?


The Oasis

Ex-Admiral Insane


You groggily move towards the newfound opening, Rags’ following in your footsteps. If someone saw you, they would undoubtedly think that the two of you were very inebriated. You find yourself in a hallway, and you don’t bother to look around, desperately looking for shelter, water and food. After many twists and turn, the two of you fall over, unable to go on. “Hello?” you hear a feminine voice say. You come to, and you see that face of a woman looking at you, while an Audino is tending to Rags. “Water…” you manage to get, before passing out once again. You awaken to a burst of cold fluid covering your body, and you find yourself in a body of water, which seems like a lake. Except for the fact that it is indoors. Rags, once again is right next to you, and the two of you swim around happily, splashing water on each other like you were little children who had entered a pool for the first time. Your fun is interrupted as a woman enters the room. The woman from before. “Is that enough water for you? I think so.” She says. “Unfortunately, you must leave the water now. You must prepare for the feast. Come, I will show you to your room.” She says, beckoning you towards her.

What will you do?
Celebii151 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #1104
SoS
Ducks gonna duck
 
SoS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Space Path

Son_of_Shadows


When you had entered the Cloud Forest, you had never dreamed that you would end up in a Team Galactic Base in the Space Path. However, this is not the time to dwell on that, as you have fight for Minccino and for your life as well. You think about which Pokemon to send out against this Croagunk, and you end up choosing Cloudy, your Swablu who does a few aerial maneuvers before stopping to face his opponent. The orders are volleyed from both trainers, and Cloudy is the first to make a move, flying from side to side and back and forth, showing off his Acrobatics, before striking Croagunk, the Toxic Mouth Pokemon yelping in pain from the super effective hit. However, the Croagunk had been preparing move while Cloudy hit him, his right fist glowing a bright orange, which he hits Cloudy with, achieving his Revenge. Cloudy chirps loudly, obviously having taken a large shot of damage from that attack as he flies back, before steadying his flight pattern again. Cloudy then gets up close and personal with Croagunk, inhaling a deep breath of air, preparing his Hyper Voice, but his move is stopped short when he is Punched again by the Croagunk, making him look like a Sucker. Cloudy once again chirps loudly, and this time doesn’t get up close to the Croagunk, flapping his wings hard to create a Heat Wave that blows over Croagunk. The amphibious Pokemon cries out in pain, much more than a typical Croagunk would, and you find out that its ability is Dry Skin. Croagunk ends the round by doing some workout routines: jumping jacks, running on the spot, that sort of stuff, Bulking itself Up in the process. At the end of the round, Croagunk has taken much more damage than Cloudy, and used more energy than him. Cloudy seems fine, in health and energy.


Joshua took a moment to appreciate the ludicrousness of his current situation. He'd come across a Mincinno getting the crap kicked out of it by an angry Granbull, and rescued it, only to learn that said Granbull had been released into the forest by a Team Galactic agent. The Granbull hadn't take it well. And so, to protect the forest, he'd come to a Galactic base to try and get the two to reconcile. Unfortunately Mincinno had got lost in the base, and was now the prize in a Galactic Grunt job interview/tournament, causing Joshua to enter the interview undercover to rescue Mincinno. Again.

Yeah, it was kind of a weird day.

But he had no time to worry about that! He was in the middle of a battle, and he supposed Cloudy was getting some decent experience. The Swablu was more than holding his own against the Croagunk, thanks to his super-effective attacks, but the frog did have the advantage of being able to turn his attacks back with Revenge and strike first with Sucker Punch. He would have to be a bit more careful, but at least he'd deduced the Croagunk's ability. The damage it had taken from Heat Wave indicated that it had very Dry Skin, making it weaker against Fire attacks. Good to know.

"You're doing well, Cloudy, but we have to keep up the pressure. Try to keep your distance for now though. Go for another Hyper Voice, and follow up with another Heat Wave before going for a Dragon Pulse!"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Why are you always a pretty princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #1105
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Fountain Garden

Meetan


You volley your orders to Swinub, and so does Mark. You hear his orders, which are “Skarmory, first, blow away the Haze with Whirlwind, then Steel Wing that Koffing that looks damaged. Then Giga Impact on the other one!” You wonder if Mark either being incredibly smart or incredibly stupid, calling out so many high energy cost moves. However, you ignore that thought and focus on the battle that is at hand. Swinub begins, using a rarely seen move, an Ice Barrier forming around him. Skarmory flaps its majestic wings, whipping up a Whirlwind that gets rid of the Haze. Skarmory then rushes the Koffing, its Wings looking very Steely as they are slammed into the Koffing, sending it to the ground, swirls replacing its eyes as it is clearly knocked out. Then, the Koffing makes a move, approaching Swinub and Skamory at high speeds. You wonder what it could possibly be doing, but you realize when you see light escaping from the holes it has. You scream at Swinub to evacuate, as Mark does the same to Skarmory, but not before telling him to pick up the Oshawott. The two Pokemon run as far as they can, before the Koffing activates its Explosion, a huge ball of fire bursting all over the Fountain Garden, destroying the Ice Barrier, but leaving Swinub and Skarmory with minimal damage. The Koffing has fallen into a lake due to the recoil, and is now literally swimming with the fishes. As you wonder what happened to Weezing, your question is answered as you see a green Protective sphere surrounding it. It seems the two Pokemon had planned this. After the commotion is over, the two Pokemon get into battle mode, Skarmory dropping the Oshawott into Mark’s arms. The duo charge at Weezing, Swinub preparing to Bite it, as Skarmory braces itself for the Giga Impact it is about to face. The pair’s attacks both land hits, and the two of you cheer. Until the Weezing vanishes in a puff of smoke. Then, a kanji of Fire is Blasted at them, hitting them both, causing them to yelp in pain from the super effective hits. It seems at the last second, Weezing made a Substitute to take the hits for it. However, due to the high energy moves, he is left wide open for a Double-Edge from Swinub, who shudders as he takes recoil damage. In the end, Skarmory and Swinub have both taken heavy damage, but Swinub energy use was a bit high, though he still has plenty left in the tanks. Skarmory used a large amount of energy; he is very suspectible to attacks right now!

What will you do?


With the Oshawott finally in safety, their side quest had been halfway completed, and it was now time to finish the job. An Explosion attack against her beloved piggy's ice barrier did very little, and the other Koffing is knocked out via a team effort. The older teenager smiled smugly, satisfied, and clapped her Pokemon, cheering him on as always. "You're doing brilliantly!" She assured him, only to be stunned by a ferocious blaze, which hit her battler close-range and super-effectively. Alice's face fell.

Aware of the heavy damage that Swinub had taken, Alice reached into her bag for her berry pouch, pulling forth half of her stock. "Swinub!" She called, dangling the round and sour Iapapa Berry from between her fingers along with a ripe, lavender Wiki Berry. Her steady's nose caught the scents right away, and he dashed over to gobble them up.

"Now, Swinub, we need to finish that thing off! Use Blizzard!" It was less likely to cause a big energy dip, and it was one of the dual-type's stronger moves. It wasn't that she didn't care for Skarmory, but Mark had been arrogant and reckless, and if she could get the battle over with fast, his depleted health wouldn't matter.

((Profile.))

Last edited by Meetan; 03-31-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Meetan is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #1106
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge
 
Ex-Admiral Insane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,609
Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post

The Oasis

Ex-Admiral Insane


You groggily move towards the newfound opening, Rags’ following in your footsteps. If someone saw you, they would undoubtedly think that the two of you were very inebriated. You find yourself in a hallway, and you don’t bother to look around, desperately looking for shelter, water and food. After many twists and turn, the two of you fall over, unable to go on. “Hello?” you hear a feminine voice say. You come to, and you see that face of a woman looking at you, while an Audino is tending to Rags. “Water…” you manage to get, before passing out once again. You awaken to a burst of cold fluid covering your body, and you find yourself in a body of water, which seems like a lake. Except for the fact that it is indoors. Rags, once again is right next to you, and the two of you swim around happily, splashing water on each other like you were little children who had entered a pool for the first time. Your fun is interrupted as a woman enters the room. The woman from before. “Is that enough water for you? I think so.” She says. “Unfortunately, you must leave the water now. You must prepare for the feast. Come, I will show you to your room.” She says, beckoning you towards her.

What will you do?
Opening his eyes, Lucas' first sight was the blue liquid in which the pair of them were now in. It felt relaxing. You don't appreciate the taste and rejuvenating characteristics of water until that very moment you need it the most - and they were practically swimming in it! Before long, they had almost forgotten their desert ordeal and were now splashing around as if they were in a public pool.
"Is that enough water for you? I think so." Looking back, the two could see a woman enter. The same woman who had saved them previously together with her Audino.
The pair gave a goofy grin when she asked that. "Definitely. This is enough water." The overcompensation of water was quite funny to Lucas and Rags.
“Unfortunately, you must leave the water now," she continued. "You must prepare for the feast. Come, I will show you to your room.”
"A feast?" Lucas placed his hands over his face as if he was crying. "Oh no Rags, I knew it, I just knew it."
Rags looked up in shock. Was something wrong? "Ral-ralru?" Rags showed general concern. Something must have gone wrong for Lucas to be like that.
"I'm sure of it Rags. We're dead!" Rags calmed down and looked a bit puzzled at his trainer now. "We died in the desert and now we're in heaven." Just then, Lucas removed his hands and revealed a smiling Lucas. He burst into laughter upon seeing his Pokémon expression. "I got you there. Hahaha."
Rags was flailing his arms around in anger. "Ralral-ruru. Ral!" (Best not translate that)
Lucas merely ignored him and continued pointing and laughing to which Rags responded by pushing his trainer's head under water. Now it was his turn to laugh at Lucas. "Rururururu." Lucas lifted his head and his hair hung down his face like a cat fresh from a bath.
Eventually though, they turned and focussed their attention on the woman. Having almost ignored her, it was time to answer her question. "Sure we'll be right out." And with that, Lucas leapt out of the bath/lake. Rags followed suit, exiting in a similar manner as his trainer. "By the way, if you don't mind me asking; Where are we exactly?"
__________________

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline  
Old 04-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #1107
Slash
Poison Jam
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,020
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post

Cloud Forest

Kairne


Deep in the Cloud Forest, the double battle rages on, with each side about equal. This round begins with Gilford making the first move, as per your orders, rather than Landstar, due to his higher speed. Gilford stomps on the ground many time, creating a lot of dust. Gilford Charges out of the dust, covered in Flame as he dashes faster towards Karrablast. Karrablast cannot do anything to dodge the move, and is hit, sending it flying back. Gilford feels his muscles loosen up from the stored energy, raising his speed. Before Karrablast can react, the blue bug is blasted with a high-pressure stream of Water as if fired from a Gun, courtesy of Landstar. Shelmet achieves revenge for his ganged up on teammate, by somehow Buzzing like the Bug he is; sound waves laced with Bug Energy focusing on Landstar, dealing some good damage to him. Karrablast gets back up, and shows you its Fury, using its horn as a Cutter to continuously slice and dice at Landstar, dealing some heavy damage. When the assault end, Karrablast is panting heavily, leaving it wide open to a Thunderpunch from Gilford. As Karrablast is slammed into a tree, it struggles to get back up as electricity emanates from its body. It seems that Karrablast has been paralyzed. Shelmet offers you a thousand Curses, its Attack and Defense raising in the process, while its speed is lowered, as Landstar comes from above, slicing it with Razor Shell. Karrablast has by far has the worst luck of the whole bunch, having the lowest health and being paralyzed. Shelmet has taken barely and damage, and its energy use wasn’t too bad either. Landstar used a fair amount of energy, and took some damage, while Gilford went through unscathed and used a bit of energy. Gilford also has a speed boost, while Shelmet has a speed decrease and a boost to its attacks and defenses.

What will you do?


OOC: I do not know how much data you will let me read from these wild Pokémon with my PokéDex, so I'm just going to leave it vague and open in that quest for knowledge.

Profile


Kairne watched as the battle continued. This was definitely some double trouble, but he was confident in the abilities of his Pokémon. He watched on as his porcine Pokémon slammed into the stronger but more vulnerable of the two Bugs he was facing: the Karrablast, who seemed to not have enough time to react, getting knocked back. At its most vulnerable, Landstar then spit up a torrent of water at the bug, adding to the damage taken even more. The Shelmet picked up the slack and sent an energy attack at Landstar, clearly hurting the otter a bit. Karrablast slashed at Pignite, who, after taking the assault head-on, returned the favor with an electrically charged punch. The Shelmet didn't seem to be moving much, but Landstar's next swipe of his shell seemed to not quite be as effective as it should have. A defensive move, Kairne thought to himself.

Deciding that he needed a bit more information, he queued up his PokéDex he still had in his hand, letting it scan for any information on the pair of Bugs that were before him, levels, moves, status, anything. He wasn't sure what more he could find out from the PokéDex, if anything, but even a small amount of information might help. Knowing it might take a few seconds to give any information, he turned the brunt of his attention to giving his Pokémon their next set of orders.

"Gilford, use your Flamethrower on Shelmet," he said. "Follow up with a Firestream on the Karrablast. Landstar," he turned to the water-type, "Copycat that Flamethrower Gilford uses right after he does it, same target. Then give the Shelmet another taste of your Razor Shell."

"Gilford, follow that up with a simple Ember on the Karrablast if it still seems a threat, or on the Shelmet otherwise."
Slash is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #1108
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
CLOUD GARDEN

Cloud Forest: A huge forest that surrounds the Rainbow Road, it's surprisingly always bright no matter what time of day it is. The forest acts as a home to most (if not all) Grass and Bug type pokemon and also several other forest dwelling types. Just try not to get lost.
"So this is what Tetsu meant when he was talking about beautiful scenery, huh?"

Jeri stood at the edge of the seemingly unending forest, hands on his hips and Snorunt on his shoulder. As an island native, Jeri had never truly experienced the wonder of a lush forest and the thickets of the Cloud Garden were definitely new to him. During his childhood, the few trees he ever saw were mostly tropical, palms and beechwood, and rarely more than a few were gathered in any one place. Seeing a spanning grove of hundreds of tall, mighty trees was quite a sight to the islander, one he was sure to grow fond of. While this wasn't his first time traveling, this was his first real adventure in the land of Fizzytopia, and he was ready to discover just what was so interesting about this place that attracted so many enthusiastic trainers.

"So, Snowy, are you up for some exploring?" The little Snow Hat chattered a positive response, looking eager to hit the trails, "Alright then, let's get going, shall we?"
__________________


気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #1109
Marion Ette
The Light and the Shadow
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Jirachi's Casino
Posts: 2,001
The past is only the future with the lights on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
CLOUD GARDEN

Memory Lane: Leading away from the Sky Gate is this seemingly endless concrete pathway. Flowers line the side of the road, laid in memory of trainers and pokemon that fought there. The saddening feel around the area attract darker, stronger pokemon.
((No pressure to take me on at all! I understand if all of the updaters are booked solid. I just figured I'd write an intro since I finally feel comfortable using Minerva here.))

Despite the colorful flowers that line Memory Lane, flooding the concrete pathway with their bold and beautiful fragrances, the atmosphere of this strange path remains somber and grey, burdened by the past it serves to commemorate. The irony of these markers, these memories, which have persisted long after the fragile lives of the trainers and Pokemon who fought there were snuffed out... Would we trade their lives for our memories? Would the world be better if we outlasted our capacity to remember?

These thoughts swirl around the head of an odd, contemplative-looking trainer with pale, lavender hair and Victorian-style clothes, as she makes her way down Memory Lane with a pair of equally strange Pokemon; a rather animated Lampent casts intricate shadow puppets for a smiling Banette, whose eerie aura radiates with power and experience. Despite the clear zipper-grin on the Banette’s face, however, her eyes betray some measure of irritation at this latest shadow that the Lampent casts. The trainer's reverie is broken as the Banette addresses her directly, speaking in English that is marked by an unsettling, inhuman stutter;

"A Nose-pass? Why, Ma-ry? Why on Earth would you a-dopt a Po-ke-mon as stu-pid and use-less as Nose-pass? And what kind of name is Mis-ter Nose, an-y-how?"

Marion (nicknamed Mary by her Banette) had chosen Memory Lane for more than just the haunted atmosphere and rumors of dark, powerful Pokemon... Recently, her Banette's memory of the past year had been completely erased as a condition of pleading NGI (not guilty by reason of insanity) to attempting to murder her trainer and a man named Keith on the fateful Halloween Night of 2012. Indeed, the Banette named Minerva had no intended to kill anyone that evening... but the mild Curse she had intended as a punishment for Keith turned into a horrible disaster, as Marion attempted to protect her friend by restraining Minerva, and ultimately having the needle accidentally jabbed in her own arm. It was a hard thing to explain to the authorities, who had records of the suffering that Marion underwent that entire month of November, recovering from the botched Curse attack that Minerva had used. Marion had nearly died that night... but after having an entire year of memories removed from her mind, Minerva could no longer remember the fear of losing Marion... or the chain of events that followed that ultimately, to the shock and horror of all who knew them, lead to Minerva falling in love with the man she had intended to harm in the first place. The attempts at returning Minerva to her human form, before she became a Banette... the trials and tribulations, the joys and sorrows, the trainers and Pokemon she met along the way... gone. Erased. As if they had never existed.

"To be honest, Min... You weren't too thrilled about Mr. Nose the first time around, either. I'm hoping second time's the charm, though..." Marion grins sheepishly as Minerva crosses her cloth arms, looking with irritation at the shadow the Lampent known as Gwyn had conjured of a friendly, yet rather naive Nosepass. The look in her yellow eyes betrayed just how far her intentions were from giving the Nosepass a second chance.

"Per-haps you could trade him a-way for some-thing more in-tell-i-gent.”

"I’m not trading Mr. Nose, Minerva.”

"Are you suuuure?” Minerva smirks. “If what you said a-bout the un-li-mi-ted P-C slots is true, some-one is bound to buy him-“

"I said no, Minerva. Besides, you don’t even remember him!”

"Pssssh." Minerva looks on with a sour face as she watches the shadow of the Nosepass dance around with a shadow sombrero on his head, a taco in his stubby little hands. “Is this what I have to look for-ward to?”

“Come on, Min…” Marion smiles. “You have so many friends who are eager to meet you. They can’t wait to see you again. Even if you don’t end up liking Mr. Nose, there are plenty of members on the team I’m sure you will like. I mean… you like Gwyn, don’t you?” Marion puts her arm around Gwyn, who stops casting shadow puppets for a moment to beam brightly and cheerfully.

“I like that he can-not speak. He ne-ver runs the risk of say-ing an-y-thing stu-pid.” Minerva cackles with amusement, as Gwyn merely approximates a shrug with his dark, metallic appendages, taking the statement as a compliment. After all, even if Minerva couldn’t remember him, he certainly remembered her, and it was certainly impossible to forget an attitude like hers.

"I guess that's true," Marion remarks with a bit of a smile. "He is quite wise in his silence, right Gwyn?"

Gwyn nods emphatically, before casting the shadows of 21 tiny figures. They all salute Marion, and the trainer nods at the message he conveys. "Mr. Nose was the last one, huh? So, Minerva's basically caught up on the team?"

Gwyn nods again, while Minerva rolls her eyes. "Twenty-one Po-ke-mon? You sil-ly girl... What are you go-ing to do with that ma-ny? You have lost your mind this past year... That much is cer-tain."

Marion simply shrugs at Minerva's comment. "What can I say? I love them all."

"Hmph." Minerva crosses her legs as she floats alongside Marion. "So, what a-bout your friends, hmmmmm? What a-bout the one who hatched that Du-skull... Keith, was it? Is he still a-live af-ter my reign of ter-ror?" Minerva grins with a mad bit of glee. After all, in her mind, the reason for the complete erasure of her memory must have had to do with some sort of terrible, bloody rampage... Thousands dead! Thousands more injured! The world trembling in terror the moment they hear that dreadful name... Minerva! The thought made her positively giddy.

Marion's face falls, the color of her countenance even more pale than usual.

"Oh, I did kill him, did I not? I knew it. NONE CAN E-SCAPE MY WRATH!!" Minerva beats her chest with pride, as she cackles maniacally.

"No, no, he's... he's still alive..." Marion croaks out, as Gwyn sets to work on casting a shadow of the current Keith. This Keith, his shadowy hands covering his face, is in complete and utter anguish. Even despite the fact that this silhouette is only an image, Minerva can almost taste the delicious sorrow radiating from it.

"Ooooh, he looks a to-tal wreck," Minerva comments gleefully. "Who did I kill, then? His mo-ther? His girl-friend? He looks a mess-"

"Gwyn, stop it." Marion turns to Gwyn, and though her expression and tone do not indicate any anger, she speaks firmly and resolutely enough that Gwyn is momentarily shocked out of his puppetry. Despite Marion's lack of anger, however, Gwyn shows a visible flare, both in his lamp-like body and in his temper, as he creates a shadow of Marion attempting to cover Minerva's eyes and points to said shadow with an infuriated expression.

"What are you hi-ding from meeeee? Oooooh, I want to know~" As Minerva's zipper-smile widens, Marion gives Gwyn a look indicating that she will discuss this incident with him later, as she recalls him to his Pokeball. Turning to Minerva, Marion takes a deep breath, carefully considering how much of Minerva's past should be reintroduced to the Banette.

"Minerva... Let's just say that you and Keith have a history, and leave it at that. And it's not a history you want to remember." Minerva is about to speak, but Marion cuts her off; "And no, you didn't kill someone he cares about."

Minerva's face falls. "Did I at least hor-ri-bly maim some-one he knew?"

"Nope, sorry."

"Dam-mit." Minerva hisses with frustration. "I have a lot to ac-com-plish then, do I not?" Minerva gives Marion an eerie grin, and the young woman cannot help but smile at the threatening statement, despite its intent. After all, it was the Minerva that Marion remembered... The Minerva that she had adventured with and loved for more than 20 years of her life.

"I suppose you do, Min... I suppose you do."
__________________
Do you enjoy RP? If so, then join us at the UPN RPG Forum!
Marion Ette is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #1110
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,550
Eevee Lost Time Memory

And I'm back. Sorry these are kinda short, figured you guys would rather have them sooner than later after waiting for so long. ^^; Thank you all for your patience!

I have also decided to take Jerichi and Marion Ette into my group. Welcome aboard, you two!

Sky Gate

Shadowshocker – The sun sets on a strange yet satisfying day, and you trek back towards the stage for the final curtain call. As you and your Pokémon take a seat on the bench, somehowa it seems fitting to leave a small suggestion of space in between, just large enough for a small child to fit. The sky slowly deepens to darkness and somnolence saturates your eyes, dimly reflecting the fireworks and feathers as they dance through the air, the former illuminating the latter in order to help make up for lack of light and color. Despite fading consciousness, you try to focus on following each Murkrow’s movement as they swoop and swirl magnificently overhead. The leader was surely the one at the head of the pack, gracefully guiding every turn, but where was the cohort who accompanied you? You squint and shake your head, senses failing to distinguish, as their forms all begin to blur together into black. …Perhaps tiredness isn’t the only reason, as you rub your soul’s windows to find slight traces of sadness seeping through. You brush them away and wrap your jacket around like a blanket against the growing chill, seeking warmth which is no longer there. Not that there was any to begin with, but you know it must’ve been there, briefly, before vanishing forever from this earth…

You rouse to the cries of the crowd, as the performers reveal their last display, resembling the preview show you saw earlier. A giant spark shoots up over the center of the fairgrounds, bursting into a rainbow balloon. The crows circle in sync, descending with the shower of shades. You smile as you add to the applause, claps continuing quietly even after the other spectators start to leave. Through the gaps of shuffling shoulders, you thought you caught a corner glimpse of a boy beside you, a Drifloon doll lying in his lap as he cheers. It’s only an illusion though, as the image quickly passes from your periphery.

Turning to your own Drifloon, you find him fast asleep, huddled against the folds of your coat. You watch as he breathes softly, round body expanding and deflating in rhythm. His strings still clutch the apple core, fruit juice dribbling along with a bit of drool onto your pants leg. You carefully wipe the stickiness as Arugulus wrinkles his nose. You note that despite trying hard to maintain a rigid and regal appearance, he seems to be losing alertness as well. Even Novawing’s head is nodding a bit as he dreamily wraps his tail around a drifting Durin, preventing the steel seed from rolling straight off the bleachers.

Grinning, you gather all your drowsy operatives, preparing to head back to Base to give a report on the odd objective you just encountered. Though the trial was both trying and tiring, you feel the result was worth it. Not just due to the toughness of the challenge itself, but for the friends you’ve made along the way. Thus, it will be with a full and happy heart that you’ll be able to close this mission at last and file it as “complete”.

…But before that, you muse to yourself with a yawn, you might just join your members for a nap.

*end transmission*

Charminions – After seeing the way the father treats his daughter, you can’t help but feel a slight sense of sympathy for the girl, reasoning her rash and rude behavior might just be a result of such high standard upbringing. You approach the man to make this observation known (unable to suppress a smug smile whilst doing so), and offer to help search for her. He glances at the butler in confusion for a moment, who nods to presumably confirm your identity as the one spoken about on the phone. The father looks at you and sighs.

“You are right, Amanda has been unhappy for some time now. However, I had hoped that she would calm down once the situation changed. It seems things have only become worse though…” Skimming a hand through his smoothly-combed hair, you observe the expensive-looking gold band on his ring finger. He twists it awkwardly as he speaks.

“Are you aware of the Hero’s Festival in Fizzytopia?” His voice gradually gains weight. “The great tragedy that occurred there… Many people died… Including my wife. Amanda’s mother.”

Mist clouds his eyes as he speaks wistfully, recalling the memories of his marriage. (You note some snootiness still seeping into his words, though most likely without ill intent.) “My wife was a commoner, so she enjoyed the simple pleasures in life. She was very fond of flowers. Her one dream was to live in the Cloud Garden to be amongst nature’s beauty, though business ties always kept me grounded – literally.” He trails off, musing mildly to himself. “Although I also had to travel a lot so I was often away from the mansion, which perhaps is why she took up gardening as a hobby…”

He shakes his head, snapping out of self-reproach. “After her passing, we moved here to try and fulfill her wish by having her body buried in Memory Lane. And also to get away from it all. I sold my entire earth estate, wanting to start fresh.”

Reaching into his blazer, he retrieves a pocket watch, which he opens to reveal a photo of a smiling female, her face radiating warmth like sunshine.

“She truly was a wonderful woman. She was never after my money. Whenever I tried to give her any extra to spend on herself, she’d donate it to charity. I even offered her a matching diamond locket, but she refused. Instead she preferred to wear one that I, er, tried to make out of wood.” He pauses, scratching his head with embarrassment as he smiles with a mix of sadness and joy. “It took me a long time, but I finally managed to find someone else like her. Someone I can honestly share my feelings with. She helped heal my heart after it had nearly lost all hope.”

The butler chimes in at this point. “Yes, I do recall there was a time when the Master shut himself inside his room and refused all his meals, so the young lady took the tray from us and marched in there to force him to eat.”

Mr. Banks blanches. “James, please! The public doesn’t need to know that!”

“Sorry, sir. Simply stating the facts.”

Lillian pipes up at this point. “The Master also came to me to ask for dating and fashion advice. He spent hours pacing and fussing with his appearance in front of a mirror before attempting to ask her out. He kept changing cuff links, and was so nervous I had to button them for him. I even had to order a dozen different bouquets just so he could decide which one would be best to express his sentiments.”

Their boss blushes further, muttering, “How is that even related?” Hearing a couple girls giggling behind him, he levels his back and clears his throat. “Both of you cease this mockery at once, or I’ll have you fired.”

While James’ mouth – or rather moustache – merely moves as before without breaking the owner’s blank countenance, you catch a small, teasing twinkle in his eyes. “Honestly, sir, I mean no offense, but we’ve been working with you for the past 20 years, and have always spoken our mind. If you were to let us go you would’ve surely done so by now.”

“I-I suppose that’s true.” Their employer slackens, pouting.

You chuckle a little to yourself, beginning to get an idea of where Amanda’s childishness comes from. Despite their surface status, these people are no longer starting to seem so superior. Certainly not towards each other. Their friendly, almost familial banter reminds you of a silly sitcom, and you resist the urge to make a popcorn run.

Remembering his audience, Mr. Banks quickly returns to attention, continuing with his story. “Anyway, after a sufficient period of proper courtship, we were wed a year ago. But Amanda has yet to accept our union… I would give anything for her blessing, but every time I try to broach the subject she runs away, as you can see. If you have any clue as to her whereabouts, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Don’t worry, I will reward you handsomely for finding her.”

Do you accept the proposition? And is so, where to begin investigating? Something tells you that tracking a tiny girl through the crowd will be impossible. If only you had some idea of her destination…


The Space Path

tau¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Memory Lane

Marion Ette – Fresh flowers for a fresh start. That is what you decided Minerva needed most after an entire year’s worth of memories was wiped spotless from her mind. A year gone mad, full of feelings and mistakes – now was the moment to make it all right. After all, when one has nothing left, there can only be right. …Right?

No use to question now. The clock can only keep advancing. Still, one wonders, where does the hour of life lost to daylight savings go? “Spring forward, fall back,” they say. Or was it “one step forward, two steps back”? Either way, the quest for eternal sunshine continues…

As time marches on, so do you through the Cloud Garden’s hallowed burial grounds, which, despite its depressing atmosphere in comparison to the rest of the floating island, is still brighter and more cheerful than most grave sites you’ve been to. (Being intimately familiar with the field through your research, that’s saying something.) Here visitors tend to pay tokens of respect to the spirits rather than simple appeasement, lending color as well as a fragrance that at least makes breathing bearable – albeit but barely for those who aren’t as accustomed to the bitter aroma of the afterlife.

Fortunately, your friends are already well acquainted with death’s scent, seeing as they themselves are marked distinctly by it. In turn, your own senses adjust easily, tolerating odor and darkness (in all senses of the word) better than the average human. At present, light source is abundant, from both the midday and little Lampent by your side, casting shadows for the benefit of your Banette to help fill in the blanks of her blotted brain – or cotton, rather, considering that’s all her cranium contains currently. Any semblance or shred of humanity has been stripped bare from her body. Now she is simply stuffing and string, and, for the time being, you find yourself satisfied to have your precious sister stay this way. Perhaps a somewhat selfish choice on your part, but, as Gwyn’s latest puppetry has proven, some pieces of the past are best left buried. The process of picking up and putting back together, only to watch it all fall apart again… You don’t want to put the parties, the people involved through any more pain. Like a director shooting a script, you’ll carefully screen each take, keeping a close eye on all the actors’ positions. Lie, cover up with makeup and a smile – all in order to protect the ones you love most.

However, it would seem you’re not the only one watching the play with intent, as you suddenly catch a flicker of movement out of the corner of your eye. You turn to strangely discover a pair of fox-like ears peeking out from behind a tomb, the rest of the owner having temporarily concealed out of sight. Minerva grins, pleased to be playing a game of hide-and-seek with such an easy prey. She claps and sings a song, summoning whatever ghostie or ghoulie or creepy-crawly to come out and show itself. Curiosity convinces you to coo and coax as well, and slowly the creature peers its head around the stone, revealing to your surprise what appears to be a small child. The ears are apparently plastic, attached to a white mask with red whiskers that obscures the features of the… Boy? Girl? Without access to the face, it’s impossible to tell.

Without a word, the youngster cautiously approximates and tugs on your sleeve, pointing first emphatically to Gwyn, then down the pathway. Though the painted black sockets betray no soul, it seems he/she wants you to follow.

What do you do?


The Rose Arch

DaisyInari¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Stardust Fields

Poke_Hunter¤Link to Your Last Update¤

Flame Mistress¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Cloud Forest

takkupanda¤Link to Your Last Update¤

Jerichi – The endless sea of emerald is a far cry from the sparkling sapphire ocean you’re used to, but nevertheless you’re eager to explore its depths in search of treasure and/or precious sights to behold. On your shoulder stands your scout and first mate, the little Snorunt having accepted you as his new captain since the original owner mysteriously vanished, leaving you all his possessions and Pokémon. Thus taking the helm, you begin to steer straight into the trees, seeking adventure and excitement.

Before you can progress a single step, however, you hear a rumble from your right. Glancing, your jaw slacks in shock as you see a limousine come barreling across the grass in your direction. You dive into the thick brambles (which, unfortunately, aren’t nearly as welcoming as water) just in time to avoid being shipwrecked, peeking out over the shrubbery to watch the vehicle veer onto the Rainbow Road , rushing towards the Sky Gate. It was hard to tell through the tinted windows, but you could’ve sworn you saw a blushing boy seated in the back between a butler and a maid. Scratching your head and muttering something about rich people plus crazy drivers, you gently sooth a chattering Snowy. Shaken but not deterred, you shrug and continue on with your quest for intrigue, although preferably from less spontaneous a source.

As you wander the woods, the silence save for an occasional chirp and cool shade from the canopy help calm your nerves. You admire how the shafts of sunlight that stream through the leaves resemble the way they dance on the surface of the waves, staining the forest floor in dappled gold. Distracted by such beauty, your sea legs wind up tripping over several roots, resulting in further cuts and bruises. So you resolve to start taking more care to watch where you’re going, relying on your second set of eyes to keep observing for signs of life. Soon enough, you hear a cry from the crow’s nest, and turn to find Snowy has spied an actual nest insinuated between the boughs. You smile, tiptoeing close in hopes of catching a glimpse of its inhabitants.

It would seem you’re not the only one with sneaky plans however, as you spot an Ekans slithering up the trunk. A long strip of pink teases in and out of its mouth as it tastes the air, presumably looking for lunch. Approaching the bundle of twigs and straw, it hisses with hunger and lunges forward, drawing its fork(ed tongue) in preparation for a feast. You marvel in awe as its whole jaw unhinges, as if meaning to swallow the “plate” in addition to its meal.

What do you do?


The Fountain Garden

Talon87 & dosuser – Having had enough of such blatant perversion, Cyrus swats the intruding hand, scolding that the lad’s mother should’ve taught better manners. The boy frowns as he rubs the back of his palm. “Yeah, look who’s talking? Your mom never teach you not to hit a kid? Bet she’s so fat and lazy she didn’t bother.”

“Oooh, burn~” the girl squeals as both of you roll your eyes at such a lame joke. Real mature, these children are.

Morg tries once more to appeal to diplomacy, but these brats are clearly having none of it. The brother sneers, baiting Cyrus by his next words.

“You struck first, so that must mean you want to fight, right? The lady here might be too chicken, but I’ll take on your little leaf. Don’t worry, I at least know not to beat up on women. They’re weak anyway.”

“Hey, what’s that supposed to mean? Are you calling me weak?” his sister hisses. Her Combusken caws indignantly as well, apparently taking offense to the use of the word “chicken” to stand for “coward”.

“Well, you always lose whenever we battle. And who said you were a woman, flat-chest?”

“That’s because your Marshtomp has a Type advantage!” she retorts back, bristling with rage but perhaps purposefully choosing to ignore the the latter part of that statement. “I’m sure that Chikorita will kick Skipper’s butt! Besides, it’s clearly a female too. I mean, just look at it!”

She jabs her finger at Celes, who shrinks in confusion, not sure how to respond to suddenly being called the center of attention, let alone receiving support(?) from the opposing side.

“Huh, guess it must be since she’s cowering so much. Ahhh, how boring. What about the fish?”

His sibling stares at Enchantress’s dopey expression, and shrugs. “No idea,” she confesses, failing to notice (or more likely know/care about) the white whiskers which mark Magikarp’s gender. Which makes her intuition about Celes’s feminity all the more biased surprising.

“Whatever, not like it matters. I’ll show you guys are stronger by beating both of them! Go, Skipper, attack that Magikarp with MUD SHOT, followed by an even bigger MUD BOMB!”

“We’ll see about that! Come on, Bella, now’s our chance to win for once! Use EMBER on the Chikorita, then give her a SKY UPPERCUT!”

By now it seems they’ve all but forgotten Wooper and the other two trainers in the area in favor of their own personal competition. If neither Morg nor Cyrus acts quickly though, their Pokémon could unfortunately wind up casualties of a pointless war to prove a single sex’s superiority.

How will you respond?


Rock Garden

blazeVA – A voice – all too familiar – speaks to Marche – to me, to you, to everyone. In fact, the words of wisdom it weaves are ones this narrator knows well. But that tale is neither here nor there, and now is not the time to dwell. In point, whoever it is, they come to us at moments of need, across universal planes, in all manners of language and presentation, to remind of us who we are, what we’re striving for. They may take the form of a friend, in rare cases perhaps even a foe, or simply face an individual directly. Either way, they can only guide us forward, to take the starting step. In the end, we must reach within ourselves and find that for which we fight. Something that is worth defending – no, what we must defend.

“Pride goeth before a fall” – therefore, in order to go forward, one’s pride must first fall.

A stone soldier’s pride peels, baring the soul within. The pulsing core plunges, purges, purifies – and in its place stands a proud, powerful paladin, prepared to protect. Holy light having rinsed his eyes of sin (“was blind, but now can see”), Marche roars and rushes to his companion’s aid, raising the rocks pinning the poor rabbit with ease. She rises to her feet and smiles up at her hero, giving him a huge hug to thank him before glaring at Gigalith, sticking her tongue out from behind the boulder blockade. The two partners then nod to each other, prepared to give this mean old monster much more than just a taste of his own medicine.

Lemon Drop leaps nimbly onto Marche’s back, and together they charge into battle with renewed vigor. Before the opponent can react, the lofty Lemon Drop rapidly fires a few beams of frost from the safety of her station, coating his entire backside. Marche quickly follows by stomping the earth, causing the Gigalith to stumble and collapse due to the cold dead weight. Face already planted in the EARTH, the beast roars as he pumps further POWER into the ground, transferring across the terrain towards the rock + rabbit tower. The totem pole totters, but fortunately manages to maintain footing. On the other hand, this gives Gigalith opportunity to get back up and charge at them, SMACKing Lemon Drop DOWN straight from her perch as soon as she had refastened her grip. He grins as he lifts his leg, about to squash the poor bunny into a pancake.

What will you do?

RoseradeX¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Forbidden Garden

Treepandaone¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Rainbow Waterfalls

Celebii151 – After setting up some last-minute subs and strategy, the signal sounds, and Neptune ducks his head just in time as he’s dropped to the ice. Both sides lunge forward, brief chaos ensuing as everyone strains for the puck. Unfortunately the Golduck are faster, one of them darting underneath Nahkriin’s outstretched arm to nab the shell, leaving the rest struggling with each other in a cloud of confusion. It skates swiftly in the direction of your squad’s goal, and Boing waves his arms in a panic, trying to assemble his teammates’ attention. When his cries fail to alert and he realizes he’s on his own, he gulps and buckles down, trying to focus his mind on bending the field’s gravitational forces in order to slow the opponent down.

Golduck quacks in surprise as it feels its limbs become leaden, lifting its leg in slow-motion for a slap-shot. Frames stutter, forming a still image – a snap-shot. By the time the MEGA KICK contacts Neptune’s shell, the majority of momentum is lost, leading to a leisurely glide towards the target. Boing sighs in relief and easily redirects the planet’s orbit, sending it back across the frigid frontier.

Having realized by now they’re fighting for naught, the group in the center splits apart and chases after the true prize. Receiving a boost thanks to Boing, Nahkriin rockets after the kappas, keeping pace in the race to space. She glowers at her competitors, cowing them into submission as she slides comfortably past. Larry scuttles in her wake like a little comet’s tail. Being bigger, one small step for Nahkriin equals one giant leap for Larry, yet their movements are nearly synced due to the simulated weightlessness. While he could technically surpass her at this rate, he submits to serve as her satellite instead, headbutting anyone who tries to get close. Perhaps he’s holding back from stealing stardom as a show of sportmanship, but more likely out of laziness/unwillingness to confront Nahkriin’s aggressive nature.

Setting the first foot on Neptune, Nahkriin roars and proudly claims the territory in the name of dragonkind. With one powerful stroke, she launches Neptune at the Golduck’s bank before the keeper can even blink. It makes a desperate dive, but fails to prevent the meteorite from striking. Neptune lodges straight into the snow, surroundings practically smoldering from the impact. Score one for Cele!

The ref scowls as it digs a dizzy Neptune out from the crater, not bothering to brush off the flakes. You note the remainer of the pack huddling together in the meantime. The leader deliberates for a moment, then sends the three on the ice back, calling out the substitutes instead. You realize to your dismay that these members appear much meatier, meaning that while speeds will be evenly matched, these bulky brutes can pack more punch than the previous players.

What will your orders for the next round be?


The Oasis

Kori Gotcha
“Trust no friend without faults […].”
- Gotthold Ephraim Lessing


Tsk. Furrow temple. Trust faith. First, toss familiar to fray. The tall treetop feeder flounces, firing flabbergasting flare. The Flygon falters, fully tricked to think Trapinch transposed ten feet. Tweaking trajectory, flames flood the figment. Temporarily forgotten, forward fast, flipping Trapinch topright. Transport far from threat. Turn to find Flygon flushing, the truth flickering through fallacy. Twisting, Flygon first faces two-headed trickster. Furling fans, the Flygon’s figure fades, FAINT-ATTACKing. The target’s toes totter, fixes footing. Twirling too, twin tail translates the Flygon’s thoughts, forming telepathic tie. Tensions flow, transferring talents. The Flygon thrashes, flaunting fangs. Treble tone thunders, fracturing the fortune-teller’s focus. The forecaster flinches, fortifications tempered.

Though traumatized, thy four-legged friend tolerates fear, toughening fortitude. Thickened forehead tucks, then firmly thrusts towards Flygon’s trunk, factored twice thanks to further filched funds. The Flygon folds, tenderly touching throbbing torso. FURY-filled, the Flygon fiercely fillets the foe, torturously flaking flur from flesh. First the freckled thighs, then traversing the thin throat. Thy thorax thumps tangibly to terrified trumpets.

Trapinch taps tentatively, feeling fault. For forgiveness, the termite trots toward the field, flashing teeth. They tug the Flygon’s three-feathered train, trying tirelessly to tow the fiend. The Flygon’s fanny twitches, flinging the tiny troublemaker to the flank. Trapinch tumbles face-first, tasting filth. The tenacious trooper forbears to throw the towel. This time the Trapinch tackles Flygon, tickling ‘till the titan’s forced to forego the telekinetic-type. The Flygon flails foolishly from fun, flaying to-and-fro. Flapping, Flygon flutters to the firmament, trembling to free the flea. The Trapinch fails to tighten tenure, thus the tremors take their toll, triggering the tick’s fall towards the terrain. Floundering fruitlessly, the Trapinch tearfully flutters fair flag, forfeiting to fate.

Facilitate the Trapinch, ‘fore the floor flattens the feeble thing?

Last edited by lilbluecorsola; 05-14-2013 at 09:44 AM.
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Old 05-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #1111
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
And I'm back. Sorry these are kinda short, figured you guys would rather have them sooner than later after waiting for so long. ^^; Thank you all for your patience!

I have also decided to take Jerichi and Marion Ette into my group. Welcome aboard, you two!


Cloud Forest

Jerichi – The endless sea of emerald is a far cry from the sparkling sapphire ocean you’re used to, but nevertheless you’re eager to explore its depths in search of treasure and/or precious sights to behold. On your shoulder stands your scout and first mate, the little Snorunt having accepted you as his new captain since the original owner mysteriously vanished, leaving you all his possessions and Pokémon. Thus taking the helm, you begin to steer straight into the trees, seeking adventure and excitement.

Before you can progress a single step, however, you hear a rumble from your right. Glancing, your jaw slacks in shock as you see a limousine come barreling across the grass in your direction. You dive into the thick brambles (which, unfortunately, aren’t nearly as welcoming as water) just in time to avoid being shipwrecked, peeking out over the shrubbery to watch the vehicle veer onto the Rainbow Road , rushing towards the Sky Gate. It was hard to tell through the tinted windows, but you could’ve sworn you saw a blushing boy seated in the back between a butler and a maid. Scratching your head and muttering something about rich people plus crazy drivers, you gently sooth a chattering Snowy. Shaken but not deterred, you shrug and continue on with your quest for intrigue, although preferably from less spontaneous a source.

As you wander the woods, the silence save for an occasional chirp and cool shade from the canopy help calm your nerves. You admire how the shafts of sunlight that stream through the leaves resemble the way they dance on the surface of the waves, staining the forest floor in dappled gold. Distracted by such beauty, your sea legs wind up tripping over several roots, resulting in further cuts and bruises. So you resolve to start taking more care to watch where you’re going, relying on your second set of eyes to keep observing for signs of life. Soon enough, you hear a cry from the crow’s nest, and turn to find Snowy has spied an actual nest insinuated between the boughs. You smile, tiptoeing close in hopes of catching a glimpse of its inhabitants.

It would seem you’re not the only one with sneaky plans however, as you spot an Ekans slithering up the trunk. A long strip of pink teases in and out of its mouth as it tastes the air, presumably looking for lunch. Approaching the bundle of twigs and straw, it hisses with hunger and lunges forward, drawing its fork(ed tongue) in preparation for a feast. You marvel in awe as its whole jaw unhinges, as if meaning to swallow the “plate” in addition to its meal.

What do you do?
OoC: Thanks so much, lbc, I owe you one!

Ready to start his journey, Jeri prepares to take his first step into the dense forest... but is nearly run down by a speeding limousine. In hopes of not getting crushed by a strange limo barreling through the woods, Jeri leapt into the nearby bramble bushes, immediately regretting his choice of evasive maneuver as the spiny bramble pricks and prods him and his Snorunt. Pulling himself from the spines, he began to mutter about his close call.

"What the hell was that? If you're gonna drive your million dollar limo, at least do it on a real road, ya rich bitches. Where the hell was that little boy going in such a hurry anyway?"

Shaking his head, he leaned down to pick Snowy out of the bushes, the little Snorunt fidgeting and fussing. He picked out a few loose spines before patting him on the head and placing him back on his shoulder.

"Alright, Snowy," Jeri sighs, "Let's try this one more time."

Following the roughly laid path through the forest, Jeri admires the natural beauty of the thick woods, with the trees permitting thin shafts of light to rain down through the foliage. He marveled at its resplendence, having never quite seen anything like this, even in his extensive world travels. Unfortunately, his admiration proved to be a distraction from a necessary task for such exploration - walking. In the period of only a few minutes, he managed to trip a handful of times, scuffing his shoes, bruising his knees, tearing his jeans and scraping his arms. After the last trip, he picked himself up, frustratedly brushing off his clothes and assessing a new rip in his denim before Snowy began to chirp quietly in his ear.

"What is it, buddy?"

The little Snorunt directed his attention to a low-sitting branch on a nearby tree, finding a bird's nest sitting between two forks. Hoping to spot some local wildlife in their natural habitat, he hushed his companion and crept up closer, watching for any signs of life. The only life he managed to spot, however, was a slithering Ekans as it climbed the tree, flicking its tongue hungrily. Though Jeri wasn't generally inclined to interfere with nature, his instincts and love for hatchlings got the best of him, quickly reaching to his belt. Retrieving two Poké Balls, he released two little electric mice as quietly as he could, shushing them as they appeared in two brief flashes.

"Quick, guys, help me out here. Will," he turned to the Plusle, "go after that Ekans there and hit him with a Thunderwave before he can get anywhere."

"Matt," he turned to the Minun, "scamper up there with a Quick Attack and protect the nest with a Spark if you have to. Keep the Ekans at bay."

As the little mice nodded and ran off, Jeri hoped his plan would work - and that this wasn't a mistake.
__________________


気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]

Last edited by Jerichi; 05-13-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Jerichi is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #1112
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Sky Gate

Shadowshocker – The sun sets on a strange yet satisfying day, and you trek back towards the stage for the final curtain call. As you and your Pokémon take a seat on the bench, somehow it seems fitting to leave a small suggestion of space in between, just large enough for a small child to fit. The sky slowly deepens to darkness and somnolence saturates your eyes, dimly reflecting the fireworks and feathers as they dance through the air, the former illuminating the latter in order to help make up for lack of light and color. Despite fading consciousness, you try to focus on following each Murkrow’s movement as they swoop and swirl magnificently overhead. The leader was surely the one at the head of the pack, gracefully guiding every turn, but where was the cohort who accompanied you? You squint and shake your head, senses failing to distinguish, as their forms all begin to blur together into black. …Perhaps tiredness isn’t the only reason, as you rub your soul’s windows to find slight traces of sadness seeping through. You brush them away and wrap your jacket around like a blanket against the growing chill, seeking warmth which is no longer there. Not that there was any to begin with, but you know it must’ve been there, briefly, before vanishing forever from this earth…

You rouse to the cries of the crowd, as the performers reveal their last display, resembling the preview show you saw earlier. A giant spark shoots up over the center of the fairgrounds, bursting into a rainbow balloon. The crows circle in sync, descending with the shower of shades. You smile as you add to the applause, claps continuing quietly even after the other spectators start to leave. Through the gaps of shuffling shoulders, you thought you caught a corner glimpse of a boy beside you, a Drifloon doll lying in his lap as he cheers. It’s only an illusion though, as the image quickly passes from your periphery.

Turning to your own Drifloon, you find him fast asleep, huddled against the folds of your coat. You watch as he breathes softly, round body expanding and deflating in rhythm. His strings still clutch the apple core, fruit juice dribbling along with a bit of drool onto your pants leg. You carefully wipe the stickiness as Arugulus wrinkles his nose. You note that despite trying hard to maintain a rigid and regal appearance, he seems to be losing alertness as well. Even Novawing’s head is nodding a bit as he dreamily wraps his tail around a drifting Durin, preventing the steel seed from rolling straight off the bleachers.

Grinning, you gather all your drowsy operatives, preparing to head back to Base to give a report on the odd objective you just encountered. Though the trial was both trying and tiring, you feel the result was worth it. Not just due to the toughness of the challenge itself, but for the friends you’ve made along the way. Thus, it will be with a full and happy heart that you’ll be able to this mission at last and file it as “complete”.

…But before that, you muse to yourself with a yawn, you might just join your members for a nap.

*end transmission*
OOC: An excellent end to an excellent adventure, Yuki. I couldn't have concluded it better myself, and extra props for working in the traditional KND ending. My humble thanks.
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 07-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #1113
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,653
First off, sorry guys for the really really long wait on these updates, hopefully I should be quicker about it now.

Forbidden Gardens:

CyberBlastoise: Please reply in DarkGreen

You and Gold chase after Megas, who is running towards the door to the Forbidden Forest. It turns out that the little robot can run faster than you expected him to be able to, as evidenced by the fact that the distance between the two of you doesn't seem to be getting any shorter. As you chase your pokemon, the door starts to come into your sight, a sight which stops you, Gold and Megas in your/their tracks. The door is massive, much much larger than you would have expected it to be. It rises up so far that you can't even see the top of it. There are seven holes adorning the doors, perhaps they were keyholes? Seems like that could be a possibility. You wander on over to the door, raising your hand as you do so. You stretch it out, and run your fingers along the grooves that adorn the door. A strange feeling runs up your arm, easily ignorable, but still the feeling remains. Looking at the patterns carved into the doors, your eyes are drawn to one that looks like a half opened Pokeball. The strange feeling you have intesifies massively, but there is something about the pattern that makes you push the feeling back and instead makes you really want to touch it. Which you do. However, the moment you do, it becomes obvious that it was a horrible decision. The seven holes suddenly shine brightly, the light emitting from them engulfing you and your pokemon.

Your ears ring and your eyes stop working. You can't feel anything around you, and it doesn't feel like you are falling. Something really strange is going on, and the worst part is that you can't hear either Megas or Gold. Slowly the ringing starts to die down, and your vision turns from black to incredibly blurry. You make out two blobs sort of floating in front of you, it must be Gold and Megas! You try to reach out to them, but you are stuck in place, just floating there. This is definitely not a good thing to happen, but you don't have any way to actually do anything about it. Suddenly your eyes clear up, giving back your previously clear vision, and then the feeling of falling starts to set in. Not too sure of what direction you are actually falling, you just know that you are. There is a bright flash before *WHAM* you are unceremoniously dumped onto the ground.

Picking yourself up, you look around for Gold and Megas, thankfully they didn't drop down too far away from you. Making sure that they are alright, you take in your surroundings, which appears to be at a lakeside area, picnic benchs and everything. There were even people walking around and everything, and apparently no one has noticed that you were just sort of dumped there. At least everything here looks to be peaceful, which hopefully means that finding your way home shouldn't be too hard. Well those were your thoughts until it becomes very clear that things aren't as peaceful as they seem. Out of nowhere, a group of humanoid things materialise, each of them looking like a human with a Sableye head and claws. You stand there and stare, watching the creatures run around, destroying anything they can get their claws on.

What will you do?


Gemini Spark: Please reply in DarkGreen


The eyes of the statues shine red before they start to sink into the ground. You take that as a positive sign of your progress. As they sink into the ground, the room begins to shake, making you lose your balance. Falling to the ground, you expect to hit something solid, instead you appear to be falling through the floor! You try to grab a hold of something, anything to stop you from falling, but your hands just pass through everything! This was really bad, and probably the worst part is that you don't know when you are going to stop, hell you don't even know where you're going to stop. Will you stop as you pass through the seeming endless layers of concrete floor, or will you stop in a place that isn't 100% certain to end up killing you. And worst of all, what will happen to Daphne if you don't ever get to her? As you contemplate the horrors of what could happen, you fail to notice that your falling speed has decreased, your intangability starting to reverse as well.

With a THUD, you fall onto a concrete floor, the room that it was in once again lit up by glowing runes. This was starting to get a little silly really, Picking yourself up, you notice something tied to a pillar... its Daphne! Crying out in joy that you have finally found your companion, Daphne notices you, a look of horror stuck upon her face. Failing to notice the look upon her face, you start walking towards her, after all you needed to untie her. You make it all of ten steps before the room begins to shake, however this time something falls from the roof, kicking up a cloud of dust as it lands. As the dust clears, you see that the object that fell from the roof was a very large, and very angry looking, Bastiodon. It snorts before stamping at the ground and charging. With a yelp, you jump out of the way, rolling into a pile of old junk. Looking down at the junk you see that it isn't just junk. It is an assortment of old swords, shields, rusted metal... and bones! You jump up, who on earth was here before you! What happened to them? And would the same thing happen to you? The Bastiodon turns around and snorts, it's getting ready to charge again!

What will you do?
PikaGod is online now  
Old 07-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #1114
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,550
Dragonair Snakes on a Boat

For simplicity's sake, I'm just going to post Updates for people whose Adventures are capable of continuing in light of the Arcane Realm ruling for now. You can find the latest full batch here.

Memory Lane

Marion Ette¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

Fresh flowers for a fresh start. That is what you decided Minerva needed most after an entire year’s worth of memories was wiped spotless from her mind. A year gone mad, full of feelings and mistakes – now was the moment to make it all right. After all, when one has nothing left, there can only be right. …Right?

No use to question now. The clock can only keep advancing. Still, one wonders, where does the hour of life lost to daylight savings go? “Spring forward, fall back,” they say. Or was it “one step forward, two steps back”? Either way, the quest for eternal sunshine continues…

As time marches on, so do you through the Cloud Garden’s hallowed burial grounds, which, despite its depressing atmosphere in comparison to the rest of the floating island, is still brighter and more cheerful than most grave sites you’ve been to. (Being intimately familiar with the field through your research, that’s saying something.) Here visitors tend to pay tokens of respect to the spirits rather than simple appeasement, lending color as well as a fragrance that at least makes breathing bearable – albeit but barely for those who aren’t as accustomed to the bitter aroma of the afterlife.

Fortunately, your friends are already well acquainted with death’s scent, seeing as they themselves are marked distinctly by it. In turn, your own senses adjust easily, tolerating odor and darkness (in all senses of the word) better than the average human. At present, light source is abundant, from both the midday and little Lampent by your side, casting shadows for the benefit of your Banette to help fill in the blanks of her blotted brain – or cotton, rather, considering that’s all her cranium contains currently. Any semblance or shred of humanity has been stripped bare from her body. Now she is simply stuffing and string, and, for the time being, you find yourself satisfied to have your precious sister stay this way. Perhaps a somewhat selfish choice on your part, but, as Gwyn’s latest puppetry has proven, some pieces of the past are best left buried. The process of picking up and putting back together, only to watch it all fall apart again… You don’t want to put the parties, the people involved through any more pain. Like a director shooting a script, you’ll carefully screen each take, keeping a close eye on all the actors’ positions. Lie, cover up with makeup and a smile – all in order to protect the ones you love most.

However, it would seem you’re not the only one watching the play with intent, as you suddenly catch a flicker of movement out of the corner of your eye. You turn to strangely discover a pair of fox-like ears peeking out from behind a tomb, the rest of the owner having temporarily concealed out of sight. Minerva grins, pleased to be playing a game of hide-and-seek with such an easy prey. She claps and sings a song, summoning whatever ghostie or ghoulie or creepy-crawly to come out and show itself. Curiosity convinces you to coo and coax as well, and slowly the creature peers its head around the stone, revealing to your surprise what appears to be a small child. The ears are apparently plastic, attached to a white mask with red whiskers that obscures the features of the… Boy? Girl? Without access to the face, it’s impossible to tell.

Without a word, the youngster cautiously approximates and tugs on your sleeve, pointing first emphatically to Gwyn, then down the pathway. Though the painted black sockets betray no soul, it seems he/she wants you to follow.

What do you do?


Cloud Forest

Jerichi – Love of life triumphs your tendency to let it be, so you step into its circle, ready to change it into a battle ring if necessary. Quickly but quietly, you summon two more of your mates: a matching pair of electric mice. They chitter excitedly upon seeing you and the fresh sights of the forest, eager to explore. You urge silence however, signaling towards the snake. Fortunately it seems not to have noticed the flare from your ship, too focused on its forthcoming meal.

You swiftly send the two sailors to go swab the deck, ridding it of any stowaway sea serpents. They salute smartly, scampering off at top speed. One takes the starboard, shooting sparks of his own at the Ekans. The net entangles the enemy, who hisses and GLAREs back at the pesky Plusle. Will cowers under such a predatory stare, his own limbs locking up as he remembers that snakes eat rodents as well, at the same time forgetting to reel in his catch. Lucky for him at least, the Ekans still seems more intent on its original target, so it simply slithers out of the mesh and continues on its way, albeit slowed slightly by lingering line.

Plusle’s partner isn’t about to let it escape however, picking up the trail where William left off. Like a Mankey he shimmies up the mast faster than your sight can follow, interjecting between the Ekans and the nest. Annoyed by yet another interruption, the menace attempts to maneuver around Matt, perceiving these pests as merely mild hindrances rather than serious threats so far. When displacement fails, the Ekans attempts a similar scare tactic as before, LEERing at Matt to try and get him to move. The Minun trembles in fear, but boldly confronts the monster, surrounding himself in voltage as he launches himself like a cannonball. Ekans shrieks as its snout is struck, a much stronger current coursing through its cold-blooded veins this time.

In response, its tail starts to rattle with rage. Dreading the sound, Matt slowly unfurls to find himself literally gazing into the belly of the beast, trapped between a rock and a hard place. …Meaning fangs and tongue. Up close and not just face-to-face, but contacting nose-to-nose with death, you can only imagine how frightening the position must be, especially for someone so small. Peering shakily above the slits that serve as nostrils, poor Matt suddenly receives the full impact of the reptile’s hypnotic eyes, freezing him in place. His whole body sags, limp in defeat as he unwittingly accepts his fate. The Ekans grins as it seizes the moment to BITE down on the defenseless furball, thinking how dumb this rat must be to leap straight into its inviting jaw. The pain wakes Matt from his trance, and he squeals loudly, flailing in panic. Hearing his brother’s cries for help, Wil turns to you in terror, beseeching the commander’s calm to handle the stormy situation.

What will your orders be, captain?


The Fountain Garden

Talon87 & dosuser¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

Having had enough of such blatant perversion, Cyrus swats the intruding hand, scolding that the lad’s mother should’ve taught better manners. The boy frowns as he rubs the back of his palm. “Yeah, look who’s talking? Your mom never teach you not to hit a kid? Bet she’s so fat and lazy she didn’t bother.”

“Oooh, burn~” the girl squeals as both of you roll your eyes at such a lame joke. Real mature, these children are.

Morg tries once more to appeal to diplomacy, but these brats are clearly having none of it. The brother sneers, baiting Cyrus by his next words.

“You struck first, so that must mean you want to fight, right? The lady here might be too chicken, but I’ll take on your little leaf. Don’t worry, I at least know not to beat up on women. They’re weak anyway.”

“Hey, what’s that supposed to mean? Are you calling me weak?” his sister hisses. Her Combusken caws indignantly as well, apparently taking offense to the use of the word “chicken” to stand for “coward”.

“Well, you always lose whenever we battle. And who said you were a woman, flat-chest?”

“That’s because your Marshtomp has a Type advantage!” she retorts back, bristling with rage but perhaps purposefully choosing to ignore the the latter part of that statement. “I’m sure that Chikorita will kick Skipper’s butt! Besides, it’s clearly a female too. I mean, just look at it!”

She jabs her finger at Celes, who shrinks in confusion, not sure how to respond to suddenly being called the center of attention, let alone receiving support(?) from the opposing side.

“Huh, guess it must be since she’s cowering so much. Ahhh, how boring. What about the fish?”

His sibling stares at Enchantress’s dopey expression, and shrugs. “No idea,” she confesses, failing to notice (or more likely know/care about) the white whiskers which mark Magikarp’s gender. Which makes her intuition about Celes’s feminity all the more biased surprising.

“Whatever, not like it matters. I’ll show you guys are stronger by beating both of them! Go, Skipper, attack that Magikarp with MUD SHOT, followed by an even bigger MUD BOMB!”

“We’ll see about that! Come on, Bella, now’s our chance to win for once! Use EMBER on the Chikorita, then give her a SKY UPPERCUT!”

By now it seems they’ve all but forgotten Wooper and the other two trainers in the area in favor of their own personal competition. If neither Morg nor Cyrus acts quickly though, their Pokémon could unfortunately wind up casualties of a pointless war to prove a single sex’s superiority.

How will you respond?


The Forbidden Garden

Treepandaone¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Oasis

Kori Gotcha¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

“Trust no friend without faults […].”
- Gotthold Ephraim Lessing


Tsk. Furrow temple. Trust faith. First, toss familiar to fray. The tall treetop feeder flounces, firing flabbergasting flare. The Flygon falters, fully tricked to think Trapinch transposed ten feet. Tweaking trajectory, flames flood the figment. Temporarily forgotten, forward fast, flipping Trapinch topright. Transport far from threat. Turn to find Flygon flushing, the truth flickering through fallacy. Twisting, Flygon first faces two-headed trickster. Furling fans, the Flygon’s figure fades, FAINT-ATTACKing. The target’s toes totter, fixes footing. Twirling too, twin tail translates the Flygon’s thoughts, forming telepathic tie. Tensions flow, transferring talents. The Flygon thrashes, flaunting fangs. Treble tone thunders, fracturing the fortune-teller’s focus. The forecaster flinches, fortifications tempered.

Though traumatized, thy four-legged friend tolerates fear, toughening fortitude. Thickened forehead tucks, then firmly thrusts towards Flygon’s trunk, factored twice thanks to further filched funds. The Flygon folds, tenderly touching throbbing torso. FURY-filled, the Flygon fiercely fillets the foe, torturously flaking flur from flesh. First the freckled thighs, then traversing the thin throat. Thy thorax thumps tangibly to terrified trumpets.

Trapinch taps tentatively, feeling fault. For forgiveness, the termite trots toward the field, flashing teeth. They tug the Flygon’s three-feathered train, trying tirelessly to tow the fiend. The Flygon’s fanny twitches, flinging the tiny troublemaker to the flank. Trapinch tumbles face-first, tasting filth. The tenacious trooper forbears to throw the towel. This time the Trapinch tackles Flygon, tickling ‘till the titan’s forced to forego the telekinetic-type. The Flygon flails foolishly from fun, flaying to-and-fro. Flapping, Flygon flutters to the firmament, trembling to free the flea. The Trapinch fails to tighten tenure, thus the tremors take their toll, triggering the tick’s fall towards the terrain. Floundering fruitlessly, the Trapinch tearfully flutters fair flag, forfeiting to fate.

Facilitate the Trapinch, ‘fore the floor flattens the feeble thing?
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #1115
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
For simplicity's sake, I'm just going to post Updates for people whose Adventures are capable of continuing in light of the Arcane Realm ruling for now. You can find the latest full batch here.


Cloud Forest

Jerichi – Love of life triumphs your tendency to let it be, so you step into its circle, ready to change it into a battle ring if necessary. Quickly but quietly, you summon two more of your mates: a matching pair of electric mice. They chitter excitedly upon seeing you and the fresh sights of the forest, eager to explore. You urge silence however, signaling towards the snake. Fortunately it seems not to have noticed the flare from your ship, too focused on its forthcoming meal.

You swiftly send the two sailors to go swab the deck, ridding it of any stowaway sea serpents. They salute smartly, scampering off at top speed. One takes the starboard, shooting sparks of his own at the Ekans. The net entangles the enemy, who hisses and GLAREs back at the pesky Plusle. Will cowers under such a predatory stare, his own limbs locking up as he remembers that snakes eat rodents as well, at the same time forgetting to reel in his catch. Lucky for him at least, the Ekans still seems more intent on its original target, so it simply slithers out of the mesh and continues on its way, albeit slowed slightly by lingering line.

Plusle’s partner isn’t about to let it escape however, picking up the trail where William left off. Like a Mankey he shimmies up the mast faster than your sight can follow, interjecting between the Ekans and the nest. Annoyed by yet another interruption, the menace attempts to maneuver around Matt, perceiving these pests as merely mild hindrances rather than serious threats so far. When displacement fails, the Ekans attempts a similar scare tactic as before, LEERing at Matt to try and get him to move. The Minun trembles in fear, but boldly confronts the monster, surrounding himself in voltage as he launches himself like a cannonball. Ekans shrieks as its snout is struck, a much stronger current coursing through its cold-blooded veins this time.

In response, its tail starts to rattle with rage. Dreading the sound, Matt slowly unfurls to find himself literally gazing into the belly of the beast, trapped between a rock and a hard place. …Meaning fangs and tongue. Up close and not just face-to-face, but contacting nose-to-nose with death, you can only imagine how frightening the position must be, especially for someone so small. Peering shakily above the slits that serve as nostrils, poor Matt suddenly receives the full impact of the reptile’s hypnotic eyes, freezing him in place. His whole body sags, limp in defeat as he unwittingly accepts his fate. The Ekans grins as it seizes the moment to BITE down on the defenseless furball, thinking how dumb this rat must be to leap straight into its inviting jaw. The pain wakes Matt from his trance, and he squeals loudly, flailing in panic. Hearing his brother’s cries for help, Wil turns to you in terror, beseeching the commander’s calm to handle the stormy situation.

What will your orders be, captain?

Jeri cringed from afar as he watched his little mice stopped in their tracks by the rather aggressive Ekans. While he knew they were brave and plenty capable, he had forgotten one thing: snakes eat mice. In retrospect, it was probably a bad idea to send two of his most inexperienced team members on a dangerous mission, but he hoped their teamwork would get them out of this serpentine corner. He hastily debated his options.

He could return them at this point, but it would leave the snake to freely feast upon his victims. Or, he could have one retreat and cut his losses, but that might just be even more disastrous. He quickly decided that he would just have to be a little more tactical.

"Will, go straight for a Spark, right away!" he shouted, giving orders to the beseeching Plusle. "Matt," he called, turning towards his blue brother, "Hang in there! Once Will attacks, back off a little and prepare a Thunderpunch! Will can give you a Helping Hand to knock that snake silly!"

Swallowing hard, Jeri crossed his fingers, hoping the two rodents would be capable enough to fight off the hungry Ekans - particularly without falling victim to the venomous snake's toxic bite...
__________________


気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline  
Old 08-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #1116
Marion Ette
The Light and the Shadow
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Jirachi's Casino
Posts: 2,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Memory Lane

Marion Ette¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

Fresh flowers for a fresh start. That is what you decided Minerva needed most after an entire year’s worth of memories was wiped spotless from her mind. A year gone mad, full of feelings and mistakes – now was the moment to make it all right. After all, when one has nothing left, there can only be right. …Right?

No use to question now. The clock can only keep advancing. Still, one wonders, where does the hour of life lost to daylight savings go? “Spring forward, fall back,” they say. Or was it “one step forward, two steps back”? Either way, the quest for eternal sunshine continues…

As time marches on, so do you through the Cloud Garden’s hallowed burial grounds, which, despite its depressing atmosphere in comparison to the rest of the floating island, is still brighter and more cheerful than most grave sites you’ve been to. (Being intimately familiar with the field through your research, that’s saying something.) Here visitors tend to pay tokens of respect to the spirits rather than simple appeasement, lending color as well as a fragrance that at least makes breathing bearable – albeit but barely for those who aren’t as accustomed to the bitter aroma of the afterlife.

Fortunately, your friends are already well acquainted with death’s scent, seeing as they themselves are marked distinctly by it. In turn, your own senses adjust easily, tolerating odor and darkness (in all senses of the word) better than the average human. At present, light source is abundant, from both the midday and little Lampent by your side, casting shadows for the benefit of your Banette to help fill in the blanks of her blotted brain – or cotton, rather, considering that’s all her cranium contains currently. Any semblance or shred of humanity has been stripped bare from her body. Now she is simply stuffing and string, and, for the time being, you find yourself satisfied to have your precious sister stay this way. Perhaps a somewhat selfish choice on your part, but, as Gwyn’s latest puppetry has proven, some pieces of the past are best left buried. The process of picking up and putting back together, only to watch it all fall apart again… You don’t want to put the parties, the people involved through any more pain. Like a director shooting a script, you’ll carefully screen each take, keeping a close eye on all the actors’ positions. Lie, cover up with makeup and a smile – all in order to protect the ones you love most.

However, it would seem you’re not the only one watching the play with intent, as you suddenly catch a flicker of movement out of the corner of your eye. You turn to strangely discover a pair of fox-like ears peeking out from behind a tomb, the rest of the owner having temporarily concealed out of sight. Minerva grins, pleased to be playing a game of hide-and-seek with such an easy prey. She claps and sings a song, summoning whatever ghostie or ghoulie or creepy-crawly to come out and show itself. Curiosity convinces you to coo and coax as well, and slowly the creature peers its head around the stone, revealing to your surprise what appears to be a small child. The ears are apparently plastic, attached to a white mask with red whiskers that obscures the features of the… Boy? Girl? Without access to the face, it’s impossible to tell.

Without a word, the youngster cautiously approximates and tugs on your sleeve, pointing first emphatically to Gwyn, then down the pathway. Though the painted black sockets betray no soul, it seems he/she wants you to follow.

What do you do?
As Marion attempts to divert Minerva's attention away from the subject of Keith, her own attention is captured by a flicker of movement in the periphery of her vision. The trainer is met with a pair of small, white, pointed ears peeking out from behind one of the tombs. Immediately intrigued by the sight, the researcher quickly reviews the list of cat or fox-like Pokemon she knows in her head, wondering if the ears perhaps belonged to a familiar species of Pokemon. It was true that Glameow had white tips on its ears, but no, these ears were smaller, and totally white. Of course, there had been plenty of talk lately regarding researchers discovering new Pokemon - a possible sixth generation, in fact - and Marion's eyes light up at the prospect that she may inadvertently have become one of the lucky researchers to discover a brand new species of Pokemon! What a thrill that would be!! Of course, if she were to identify a new species, she would have to be very careful approaching it... Reaching for her camera, Marion takes a very soft step forward, careful not to make a sound-

"Eck-stein, Eck-stein - al-les muss ver-steckt sein... Aug-en auf - ich kom-me~!" The sing-song voice of Minerva rings out with its eerie, predatory glee, as the ghostly creature floats toward her target in a game of hide and seek. So much for being subtle, Marion thinks to herself, though she notes with some curiosity that the foxlike creature does not seem to back down despite the Banette's advance. It was true that Minerva, given her diet of negative emotions, had a stronger sense of how others around her were feeling. If that were the case, then, perhaps the creature would not startle as easily as Marion feared, and it was a better idea to attempt to coax the creature out of hiding. Minerva claps her cloth paws together with delight, singing an impromptu melody with the intent to simultaneously impress and unnerve the being that has caught her interest;

"Lit-tle crea-ture, small and white,
show your face to me to-night,
Be from Hea-ven or from Hell,
From both I hail, in both I dwell~"

Though Gwyn casts a suspicious look toward the creature and appears to beseech Marion to be careful with his concerned gaze towards her, Marion gives him a confident nod and moves forward, causing the lamp-like creature to pantomime a sigh and float by Marion's shoulder, acting as a luminous bodyguard of sorts. Now a mere step behind her starter, Marion adds a bit of soft encouragement;

"Are you here to remember someone, or are you a figment of memory? Please, we want to share in your recollections..."

Minerva and Marion look on intently to see if their coaxing has had an effect; sure enough, the concealed being reveals itself, and much to Marion's surprise, the suspected "Pokemon" is actually a small child wearing a kitsune mask. The young child's clothes and concealed face yield no clues as to its gender, though this detail of the child's physiology is not as interesting to Marion as the mask the child wears. She remembers briefly seeing the mask in one of the photographs in a book she had read regarding the legend of the Oyashiro-sama, but could not remember if the mask had any connection with the legend... In fact, upon recalling the subsequent image of the bloody phone booth, she rather hoped it didn't.

The silent child approaches Marion silently, giving a gentle tug on her shoulder as if to grab her attention. Gwyn flares up in warning, only to find that he is the object of the child's interest, as a small, pale finger points to him before pointing down the path. There was no telling what intent existed behind that strange mask, but the child seemed to pose no harm thus far, at least... besides, with Minerva and Gwyn by her side, Marion was prepared for any threats that might be waiting further down Memory Lane.

"You want us to follow you, huh? We'll be glad to."

"Oh, yesss. Fol-low the strange child down Mem-o-ry Lane. What is the worstttt that could hap-pen, hmmm?" Minerva smirks, looking at Gwyn with an impish expression. "Won-der what it wants with yooou, Gwynnnn."

Gwyn shrugs his shoulders, and though his look remains cautious, he casts a shadow of the child, with Marion, Minerva and Gwyn following it, to show his agreement.

"Very well, then! It's settled." Marion smiles. "Lead the way, little one. Is there a name we should be calling you?"
__________________
Do you enjoy RP? If so, then join us at the UPN RPG Forum!
Marion Ette is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #1117
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,550
Magikarp Updates Ahoy!

Memory Lane

Marion Ette – The apparition(?) denies appellation with a small shake, simply grabbing your hand to guide. To your surprise, the skin is soft and warm, rather than the icy touch of death you’re accustomed to. Despite all appearances, perhaps this strange being belongs to the world of living. Minerva and Gwyn are still somewhat suspicious – perhaps more so in light of this development. Dealing with the deceased is easy, especially when you’re of the same state. Their wants are usually simple. It’s those who are alive you must watch for, the ones who have a reason to “exist”, to fight “for” something. To search for “meaning”. …To “cause” rather than “resolve” regret.

Nevertheless, you follow the shadow’s lead.Gwyn hovers cautiously over your shoulder, while Minerva walks beside you, keeping a wary eye on your escort. Eventually you spot a tall form standing on the pathside up ahead, and the child’s pace quickens. At first, the figure seems startled by your sudden approach, then brightens upon seeing the youngster next to you. He is a young man with handsome, chiseled features, whose hands are busy setting up some sort of small wooden stand with a white screen in front. One of them extends in greeting.

“Hello, miss. My name’s Sam. I see you’ve met my assistant.”

As his strong palm contacts yours, you note that while he also emanates a human heat, his fingers and limbs feel a little stiff and heavy, as if they were being forced to move against the owner’s will. You almost have to pry his joints apart yourself. His speech is also slightly stilted, subdued. Like speaking through a wooden filter. In fact, his lips hardly seem to part…

The child lets go your other wrist and motions at the man, who obliges by leaning down close, placing his ear near the mask. Though you hear no words emerge from it, the listener’s eyes slide towards the lamp hovering by your head, and he nods in understanding. Straightening, he smiles softly.

“It appears my assistant would like for your Lampent to join us in our performance. What do you say, miss? You’re free to watch as well of course. So long as you don’t mind the rest of the audience.”

You wonder who or what he’s referring to, glancing about for signs of other spectators. A wry grin crosses Sam’s face at your confusion, as he waves along the rows of graves.

“For them, of course. You’ll see ‘em when the show starts, so I should warn you not to be alarmed. Don’t worry, they won’t bother you none, miss, so long as you sit still…”

Minerva gives you a sidelong look that clearly indicates she thinks this guy is crazy. Gwyn, on the other hand, appears interested in the makeshift stage, floating behind the backdrop so all you can see is his flickering silhouette. You also find yourself a bit curious as to what this is all about. Plus the fox’s gaze remains intensely focused on your person, waiting for a response. Though it’s impossible to tell the thoughts behind the stare, you can’t help but feel that it truly intends no harm.

Would you care to accept the mysterious man’s offer?


Cloud Forest

Jerichi – Willing to go down with your ship rather than surrender, you stand your sea- er, ground and order William to take to the air as well. He nods and loads the second cannon, ready to fire. Taking careful aim, he launches himself at the snake, debarking on its back and forcing expulsion of its precious cargo. Matthew nearly tumbles overboard, but manages to cling to the mast. Meanwhile, the Ekans writhes as it tries to resist its rider, who holds on for dear life. This is made more challenging by the serpent’s siren SCREECH as static crackles and crawls across its skin again, seeping under its scales. The sinful sound compels Matt to remove at least one paw to cover his poor ear, protecting from the proximity but leaving his body more vulnerable to the thrashing waves.

Fortunately, his brother has regained his bearing on a more solid branch above. Seeing Matthew barely managing to stay on the bucking beast below, nevermind subdue the monster, he searches for anything that could aid the situation. Spotting some vines, he grabs one and tries to toss the lifeline to Matthew, but misses. Matthew makes a desperate motion with his hand and calls out encouragement just before his steed makes a sharp turn, tossing him straight down towards Davey Jones’s Locker. Will gulps, gathering his courage, and with a swashbuckling yell he seizes another rope and swings down to rescue his best mate from the depths. You swear there are stars in Matt’s eyes as he wraps his arms around his hero, who lands before the reptile and faces it boldly. Holding his partner’s hand for support, he charges forward with his sword fist and strikes the foe, whose shriek soars in volume, arrested by voltage.

Seemingly safe now that the enemy is restrained, Matt moves to finish the movie-like scene by kissing congratulating Will Turner. Before they can claim their “booty”, however, they hear a bitter hiss behind them. Both mice turn to find the prisoner has managed to escape the stronghold by somehow shedding its shackles, leaving an imitation in its place. With one swift surge, the original stlithers forward unfettered, WRAPping itself around the rodents before they can react. The tables now turned, the Ekans sneers at its captives. Having already caught its prey, there’s no point to spitting over the side, so the salty sailor SPRAYs its victims with sizzling ACID instead, apparently preferring its food drenched in stomach sauce rather than raw… Better think of something fast, before your fish- er, friends cook fully!

What will you do?


The Fountain Garden

Talon87 & dosuser¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Forbidden Garden

Treepandaone¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Oasis

Kori Gotcha¤Link to Your Last Update¤
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #1118
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters
 
Treepandaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
The Forbidden Garden

Treepandaone – Though the frosty air makes your hand itch to pull a pack of cigarettes, push away the dark and bitter thoughts swirling in your soul by drowning it in more smoke, the smiles of your young Pokémon stay. They are more than enough to warm your heart, and you hug them close as you call to mind memories as medicine instead. Fonder ones of the first Christmas spent with your mates, a time you will never forget.

Evidence of feeling falls down your face, and you wipe it away quickly. Emboldened, you decide you will run with the wind. Chase change, embrace it.

You walk along the wall, letting the breeze blow against your back, guiding to your destination. On eyesight’s edge, the chimney by the road slowly slides from view.

As you approach the hill, the storm suddenly picks up stronger. The tree rustles and waves, as if coming alive to greet you. You seek to interpret the flames’ movement as they dance, the most ancient art of communication. Pure, primitive. Coming close, you reverently touch the bark, tough and gnarled with age. Age associates with wisdom. There must be magic and power here, if only you are able to access it. Gazing up at the branches high above, so thick and widespread they block the sun, you close your lids as gold showers rain down, as if granting Mother Nature’s blessing. Washing away the sadness in your lungs.

As light slants through the leaves, it shines upon a hole in the trunk. Curious, you attempt to peer within, but can see only shadows. Yet upon insinuating your fingers, they come in contact with what feels like some kind of container. It is lodged deep though, and struggle as you might you fail to pry it loose on your own. Your Omanyte slithers down your arm to assist though, wriggling its slippery tentacles between the cracks to gently persuade the possible treasure to leave (perhaps so it can claim the contents for itself). Eventually the prize pops out into your palm. Togepi trills with triumph and tries to grab it, engaging in a tug-of-war with Omanyte who refuses to let go. Despite having the advantage of more limbs on its side, its opponent puts up a fierce struggle, and you sigh, shaking your head at their childish refusal to share.

Tickling both Pokémon’s tummies, you take advantage of the moment of weakness to pluck the object from their grasp. It appears to be a wooden box, composed of smooth, even slats on each side, but fastened so seamlessly not even a nail could squeeze though. The material is coarse, red grain, and its pristine condition reminds you of the door you encountered earlier. Turning it on its axis, you find carved on the four equatorial surfaces symbols of what you speculate to be a sun, a leaf, a snowflake, and a flower. On the top and bottom are a circle with 12 scores uniformly spaced on the outer perimeter (could it be a clock, perhaps?), and another ring of eight smaller characters (each three lines grouped together, alternately broken in no apparently particular pattern), respectively. In the center of each of the six planes lies a small keyhole, identical to the ones you saw at the gate.

Though you can probably presume the answer, you attempt to open it, to no avail. Setting the puzzle on the ground, you ponder what the meaning behind such a strange item could be as your Pokémon take turns trying to break it ajar (in this case, their weakness is indeed a virtue). The timing and position of such an obvious clue’s placement proved too perfect, it could hardly be a coincidence.

At the moment you muse over this, you hear a soft presence pace behind you, and whirl around to find an adorable Autumn Deerling gazing up with large, brown doe eyes. It prances with excitement and nudges your body, then the box. Then it tiptoes to the tree and nods eagerly towards the base. Blinking, you draw near, and it backs up only to allow you to brush aside the overgrown grass. Lodged between the roots, you gasp to discover a thin mesh of glowing gray-blue beams tracing over the earth. Faint and ethereal, like a spider web. A spilled spool of silver thread, looping upon itself. Mute and bright colors criss-cross, catching diamond dewdrops that dazzle.

You look to the little fawn in confusion, and it indicates the box again, pushing it insistently with its nose to the net. The rays seem to hum with energy in response.

What do you do?


Thanks for keeping my adventure alive LB. Take your time with school, hope you're doing OK :x

Another blast of abnormal arctic wind blasted against the Pokémon trainers back, gently buffering him in a guided motion towards his intended destination; the metaphoric winds of change dubiously apt for the situation Matthew Brown had found himself in. He pondered on the ideas of a higher being for just a few seconds; assisting winds; broken paths; old flames now forgotten to nothingness. The source, the mysterious chimney by the side of the road, flickered from his view at the moment of his coming back to reality, his daydream of superior entities far from his scientific mind's eye which told him to believe nothing.

And yet …. and yet he kinda did. Not for the promise of heaven or ever-lasting after-life; not to keep him conscious of behavior; not to control or take money from, but for something he couldn't explain. A feeling. But whom to believe in? Thor? Odin? Arceus? Allah? Mother Nature's call echoed its symbolism in the right here, right now. So Matthew chose to just believe. Not in one individual but in one. Something. Every action a consequence, every minute a ticking time-bomb, every action his own free will.

The storm picked up and brought him back once more, his wandering fancy taking hold as he cloud-gazed. He looked over at his companions. Still there. They never seemed to mind his absence and he liked it that way. It was becoming habit to lazily drift into thought; time becomes an ocean, not a garden hose. Space is a puff of smoke, a wisp of cloud. Mind becomes a flying corn snake hovering through all the possibilities.

The trees rustled in response, a tree dance in the wind, further lamenting Mother Nature's influence in such a place. Matthew placed a hand on the bark, running his fingers through the wrinkled crevices of its time warped body, its age apparent from the very touch of its rough other layer. You should not judge a book by its cover, but a tree you can judge all you want.

Sun streamed no more as the heavy green leaves blocked out its rays under the widespread branches, causing the temperature to drop once more. Matthew took a big breath as he stared into the canopy, its fresh revitalization casting out any craving he may have been having. Magic, if he believed in it, was certainly present here. He sought to access it, study it, use it, keeps its secrets. Power can be a corrupting force and magic is best found rather than shown, its mystery part of the game it plays on the human mind; casting shadows and laying intrigue like seeds in a field. Some are forgotten, laying unaware under the soil never to be found but some, some are given attention, water and life and bring a warmth that no other could replicate.

A stream of light brighter than the other draws his attention to a hole in the bark. An old owl hole? A Zigzagoon nest? He reached inside, his fingers flowing like a jellyfish's tentacles until he comes in contact with a solid object. Omanyte quickly removes itself to venture for treasure, to help the cause or to help herself remained to be seen but even as she returned with the item, it failed to let it go. Togepi's natural curiosity seemed to force its hand, breaking out a tug-of-war which was surprisingly evenly matched despite the numerical advantage in suction-cupped limbs the water-type had. It was not all that surprising, Togepi had managed to take down a Team Rocket freighter according to his Pokédex notes.

Matthew reached into his back pocket and produced a pink and green Poffin in one hand, held equidistantly spaced between two fingers like a poker pro in a Texas hold 'em game. The distraction of Pokétreats allowed him a moments advantage as Matthew ticked the tummies of his two Pokémon, scooping back up to collect the commodity, letting the Pokémon have their treats for … compensation.

Matthew flopped to the ground from a standing position to sitting in cartoonish fashion, his but softening his fall like a child preoccupied as he began to study to box for an unnatural amount of time. He brought it close to his face, revolving it to the best of his hand's flexibility. Its red wooden sides felt flat on the surface yet course, the craftsmanship showing superb control on the divides, exhibiting no obvious signs of discontinuity or breaks. Illustrations of natural depictions littered on the surfaces, while what Matthew could only describe as a clock face. He began to theorize its possible uses, over-thinking the puzzles which lay in wait, causing more delays on the already leisurely time spent. The keyhole reminded him of the Forbidden Garden's gate, the box itself of the door to the chimney.

No attempt of force seemed to open the box as Matthew resided himself with an early failure, he couldn't figure out the box in 5 minutes so a wave of self-doubt set in his precariously fragile mind. It was too perfect to be a coincidence, too well timed and well placed. He frustrated himself more as he paced around, still unable to come up with a way to open it.

“Perhaps it twists and lines up like a Rubix cube? Perhaps it opens at a certain time of day? Perhaps the sunlight offers another clue? Perhaps each element is needed to combine? Perhaps it can never be opened?”

Each tested formula was a blow to his sub-conscious, getting more and more desperate as he transcended from figuring it out to wishing for clues, aimlessly wandering around in the dark and hoping to stumble on something to help him answer the riddle he could not.

Feeling a set of eyes on his back, Matthew whirled to face an Autumn Derling staring at him, gazing up from the ground as they both remained still in a Mexican stand-off of movement. He slowed his breathing, steadied his feet, fought the need to blink.

“Deerling. The Season Pokémon. With the change-” a mechanical voice began before Matthew snap shut his custom Pokédex. Expecting to look up to see a space where the Deerling had fled, Matthew was resoundingly surprised to see it still in place, its tuft of hair swaying in the wind as it tilted its head ever so slightly. He raised an eyebrow as it became to come closer, prancing round his body.

“Priiii”

Togepi trilled as it reached down to touch the circling Pokémon, Matthew too intrigued by its nudging movement to stop the normal-type from finding a new play-mate to entertain itself.

“I-I don't understand” he said as the Deerling made its way to the base of the tree and around the back.

He carefully followed as all became clear, a glowing spider web carved into the earth with spectral energy. Brushing aside the overgrown grass to get a better look, Matthew still found himself at a loss. The box hummed in response as the Deerling began to hint at the connection. Despite this, he was still lost. How were the two connected? How did he advance the properties? Why was this Deerling so insistent?

Closing his eyes and taking a big breath, Matthew got on his hands and knees and followed the trail, pushing aside grass and weeds until he got to the centre.

“Well, here goes nothing” he said to no-one in particular, giving the faintest of glances to his Pokémon in anticipation before placing the box in the very center circle of the web, where all points connected in a star of radials.
Treepandaone is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #1119
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,550
Delibird Winter is coming...

Quick Update before school stuff starts piling up. (Incidentally, it is snowing outside right now.)

Memory Lane

Marion Ette¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

The apparition(?) denies appellation with a small shake, simply grabbing your hand to guide. To your surprise, the skin is soft and warm, rather than the icy touch of death you’re accustomed to. Despite all appearances, perhaps this strange being belongs to the world of living. Minerva and Gwyn are still somewhat suspicious – perhaps more so in light of this development. Dealing with the deceased is easy, especially when you’re of the same state. Their wants are usually simple. It’s those who are alive you must watch for, the ones who have a reason to “exist”, to fight “for” something. To search for “meaning”. …To “cause” rather than “resolve” regret.

Nevertheless, you follow the shadow’s lead.Gwyn hovers cautiously over your shoulder, while Minerva walks beside you, keeping a wary eye on your escort. Eventually you spot a tall form standing on the pathside up ahead, and the child’s pace quickens. At first, the figure seems startled by your sudden approach, then brightens upon seeing the youngster next to you. He is a young man with handsome, chiseled features, whose hands are busy setting up some sort of small wooden stand with a white screen in front. One of them extends in greeting.

“Hello, miss. My name’s Sam. I see you’ve met my assistant.”

As his strong palm contacts yours, you note that while he also emanates a human heat, his fingers and limbs feel a little stiff and heavy, as if they were being forced to move against the owner’s will. You almost have to pry his joints apart yourself. His speech is also slightly stilted, subdued. Like speaking through a wooden filter. In fact, his lips hardly seem to part…

The child lets go your other wrist and motions at the man, who obliges by leaning down close, placing his ear near the mask. Though you hear no words emerge from it, the listener’s eyes slide towards the lamp hovering by your head, and he nods in understanding. Straightening, he smiles softly.

“It appears my assistant would like for your Lampent to join us in our performance. What do you say, miss? You’re free to watch as well of course. So long as you don’t mind the rest of the audience.”

You wonder who or what he’s referring to, glancing about for signs of other spectators. A wry grin crosses Sam’s face at your confusion, as he waves along the rows of graves.

“For them, of course. You’ll see ‘em when the show starts, so I should warn you not to be alarmed. Don’t worry, they won’t bother you none, miss, so long as you sit still…”

Minerva gives you a sidelong look that clearly indicates she thinks this guy is crazy. Gwyn, on the other hand, appears interested in the makeshift stage, floating behind the backdrop so all you can see is his flickering silhouette. You also find yourself a bit curious as to what this is all about. Plus the fox’s gaze remains intensely focused on your person, waiting for a response. Though it’s impossible to tell the thoughts behind the stare, you can’t help but feel that it truly intends no harm.

Would you care to accept the mysterious man’s offer?


Cloud Forest

Jerichi¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

Willing to go down with your ship rather than surrender, you stand your sea- er, ground and order William to take to the air as well. He nods and loads the second cannon, ready to fire. Taking careful aim, he launches himself at the snake, debarking on its back and forcing expulsion of its precious cargo. Matthew nearly tumbles overboard, but manages to cling to the mast. Meanwhile, the Ekans writhes as it tries to resist its rider, who holds on for dear life. This is made more challenging by the serpent’s siren SCREECH as static crackles and crawls across its skin again, seeping under its scales. The sinful sound compels Matt to remove at least one paw to cover his poor ear, protecting from the proximity but leaving his body more vulnerable to the thrashing waves.

Fortunately, his brother has regained his bearing on a more solid branch above. Seeing Matthew barely managing to stay on the bucking beast below, nevermind subdue the monster, he searches for anything that could aid the situation. Spotting some vines, he grabs one and tries to toss the lifeline to Matthew, but misses. Matthew makes a desperate motion with his hand and calls out encouragement just before his steed makes a sharp turn, tossing him straight down towards Davey Jones’s Locker. Will gulps, gathering his courage, and with a swashbuckling yell he seizes another rope and swings down to rescue his best mate from the depths. You swear there are stars in Matt’s eyes as he wraps his arms around his hero, who lands before the reptile and faces it boldly. Holding his partner’s hand for support, he charges forward with his sword fist and strikes the foe, whose shriek soars in volume, arrested by voltage.

Seemingly safe now that the enemy is restrained, Matt moves to finish the movie-like scene by kissing congratulating Will Turner. Before they can claim their “booty”, however, they hear a bitter hiss behind them. Both mice turn to find the prisoner has managed to escape the stronghold by somehow shedding its shackles, leaving an imitation in its place. With one swift surge, the original stlithers forward unfettered, WRAPping itself around the rodents before they can react. The tables now turned, the Ekans sneers at its captives. Having already caught its prey, there’s no point to spitting over the side, so the salty sailor SPRAYs its victims with sizzling ACID instead, apparently preferring its food drenched in stomach sauce rather than raw… Better think of something fast, before your fish- er, friends cook fully!

What will you do?


The Fountain Garden

Talon87 & dosuser¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Forbidden Garden

Treepandaone – You introduce the container in the heart of the grid, the center of a galaxy, and stars burst to life, crackling with energy. The box vibrates as it lifts into the air, all signs on its sides glowing steel blue as it seems to shred the deep space surrounding it, summoning a whirling vortex. Some stray leaves get sucked in before you like little red meteor rocks, and so would your two companions were they not clinging to you with all their strength, Omanyte applying every single suction cup at once. It makes no difference however, and you shield your eyes as the swirling supernova ROARs at you, swallowing into a black hole. Behind, you sense a small shadow leap in after just as the portal closes, leaving you in darkness…

Winter – Bitter, Cold

You feel frost bite before bright, shivering as you blink open to a world of white, familiar yet foreign. Snow stretches across the same hill, covering the bare branches above. (Though stripped of majesty, the trunk still plants itself proudly, tough, enduring.) Your friends shudder and hide next to you as an icy gale blows and powder rains down from the heavens, unaccustomed to such harsh climate.

There is one unphased however, as Deerling prances excitedly through the sugar wonderland, its auburn coat caramelized to burnt brown, retaining residual heat. It trots daintily over to the east bank and bays over the edge, in the direction of the wall. No, more towards the way, from whence you came.

That’s when you smell it: That tantalizing scent of smoke and sweet, even stronger with the wind carrying it. You spot the source now, trailing in the distance from the chimney passed prior… Only now it stands tall and intact, rising atop a tiny abode. You stare in confusion at the picturesque scene that should belong on perhaps a Christmas card, not the present. How could such a structure have been erected – or resurrected – in such a short period? …Or rather, judging by the weather: How could the fall season have passed so quickly without notice? You grip your arms tightly, goosebumps forming not just from chill, but from fear over losing a span of your life again, memories blank. Time seems to be playing tricks on you.

The box still sits beside the tree, snugly entrenched in the slush (that is slowly sinking into your sodden sneakers), which partially covers the throbbing web, now dormant. Togepi, despite its sunny name and nature, sneezes and pulls pleadingly on your soaking wet pants, pointing to the hut. Although Omanyte possesses the protection of its larger shell to retreat into, it waves its tentacles in search of warmth as well, clearly agreeing with the sentiment.

Do you approach the building?


The Oasis

Kori Gotcha¤Link to Your Last Update¤
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #1120
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge
 
jolteonjak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,043
OOC: I have officially graduated from the AR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Well, life is no longer hectic, so I can update again! *Cue cheers from updatees*. King Ghidorah is inactive, so his adventure is on hold. I have 2 slots open now, so get 'em while they're hot. Also, Ex-Admiral Insane, you have to go through the Arcane Realm first, but you have a reserved slot for when you do. Never mind, you're allowed in. Also, if you could all link to your profile, either in your sig or in the post, that would be excellent.

Cloud Forest

Jolteonjak


As Spearow continues glowing in a blinding light, you tell Cyndaquil to prepare, just in case it is an attack. Cyndaquil spews Smoke every, acting as a Screen between Spearow and Cyndaquil. Spearow then flies up high into the Sky, above the entire Cloud Forest, then dives down through the smoke to Attack Cyndaquil, its Keen Eye ability rendering the Smokescreen useless as he strikes Cyndaquil with his sharp beak, hard. Cyndaquil is knocked back extremely hard, but somehow manages to get back up, panting hard. He lets out another volley of Swift stars, which move through the smoke to hit Spearow, who has no chance of dodging. Spearow had exhausted a large amount of energy with the Sky Attack, and so takes this time to rest a bit, before becoming cloaked in another harsh light. Cyndaquil decides to once again show Spearow his Hidden Power, this time the orbs glowing a bright yellow, which crash into the glowing Spearow. At the end of the round, Cyndaquil was only hit by one attack, but it hit really hard. Spearow took a bit more damage than Cyndaquil, and both Pokémon are badly damaged. Cyndaquil used more energy than Spearow, but both Pokémon need a rest.

What will you do?

Cyndaquil and the Spearow continued to exchange blows. A failed Smokescreen proved how skilled Spearow was with its vision. Luckily Cyndaquil could take Spearow’s Sky Attack, but it did damage him quite hard. Still, he was still standing, as tough as ever.

Cyndaquil managed to use that Smokescreen after all by successfully pelting Spearow with his Swift stars. Soon after he followed up a shocking Hidden Power attack to show the Spearow he has power of his own. Spearow, though, was powering up its own attack.

Chad watched Cyndaquil, who was now breathing heavily after the last couple rounds of attacks. He figured it might be best if Cyndaquil went on the defensive. “Cyndaquil, come back here for a minute.” Chad knelt down and awaited the Fire Mouse. When Cyndaquil returned to Chad, he whispered to the Fire Mouse, “Cyndaquil, do you know what Roost looks like? If you see Spearow use that attack, I want you to Mimic it and use it. Otherwise, just take it easy for a little while and dodge attacks as best as you can.”

Chad and Cyndaquil resumed the battle. He hoped this would work. He also remembered an Oran Berry that was in his backpack, and he thought he should look for it just in case he needed it.



Stats
jolteonjak is offline  
Old 02-03-2014, 02:58 AM   #1121
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,384
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
First off, sorry guys for the really really long wait on these updates, hopefully I should be quicker about it now.

Forbidden Gardens:

Gemini Spark: Please reply in DarkGreen


The eyes of the statues shine red before they start to sink into the ground. You take that as a positive sign of your progress. As they sink into the ground, the room begins to shake, making you lose your balance. Falling to the ground, you expect to hit something solid, instead you appear to be falling through the floor! You try to grab a hold of something, anything to stop you from falling, but your hands just pass through everything! This was really bad, and probably the worst part is that you don't know when you are going to stop, hell you don't even know where you're going to stop. Will you stop as you pass through the seeming endless layers of concrete floor, or will you stop in a place that isn't 100% certain to end up killing you. And worst of all, what will happen to Daphne if you don't ever get to her? As you contemplate the horrors of what could happen, you fail to notice that your falling speed has decreased, your intangability starting to reverse as well.

With a THUD, you fall onto a concrete floor, the room that it was in once again lit up by glowing runes. This was starting to get a little silly really, Picking yourself up, you notice something tied to a pillar... its Daphne! Crying out in joy that you have finally found your companion, Daphne notices you, a look of horror stuck upon her face. Failing to notice the look upon her face, you start walking towards her, after all you needed to untie her. You make it all of ten steps before the room begins to shake, however this time something falls from the roof, kicking up a cloud of dust as it lands. As the dust clears, you see that the object that fell from the roof was a very large, and very angry looking, Bastiodon. It snorts before stamping at the ground and charging. With a yelp, you jump out of the way, rolling into a pile of old junk. Looking down at the junk you see that it isn't just junk. It is an assortment of old swords, shields, rusted metal... and bones! You jump up, who on earth was here before you! What happened to them? And would the same thing happen to you? The Bastiodon turns around and snorts, it's getting ready to charge again!

What will you do?
{Well, now that my little detour has resolved itself (and in a pretty cool way, I might add), it's now time to get my adventures back on track, starting with my little reunion with Daphne! Onward!!}

Once again, the glowing indicated that Hyrem was correct in his solution, this time affirming the confidence he had in his answer before the six small statues sunk into the ground. But as the ground shook this time, he lost his balance and didn't fall to the ground but instead kept on falling! He screamed, trying to grab onto whatever was close by, anything would do... if only his hands would stop phasing through everything as if he were a ghost! "No, no please, please let me stop myself, AHHH AHHH AHHHHH!" he continued to cry out in panic. Every time he thought he would land on a concrete floor to his death his body would again fall through it and keep going, there was no end to this! Of course, it could always end so darn abruptly with a nice splat on one of these floors... eugh, not really a comforting thought for Hyrem. Worse still, he would likely die without even a chance to save Daphne or even know what happened to her! He didn't want to die like this, but it looked so unavoidable...

He had been slowing down by this point, for your information, he just didn't know about it, nor did he know about his body becoming less of a "ghost" and more of an actual body again. Well, until he landed on a concrete floor. THEN he knew everything had stopped messing with him. "Ow, not again..." he groaned as aches and pains covered his entire body once again. Then the room lit up around him. This realm was just not going to relent, was it?

But then he noticed something tied to one of the pillars. Wait, correction... someone. "Daphne!!" he called out in total relief. Finally, he had found her! He bolted toward her without seeing the look on her face... and it wasn't a pleasant one at all. The room shakes again, this time something coming from the floor above. As the cloud of dust clears, Hyrem could see a stout creature with a large, thick crest on its head. Oh yeah, and it was cranky to boot! "Wah! What's that!?" Hyrem shouted in surprise, quickly taking out his Pokedex to look up this fearsome beast:

Bastiodon, the Shield Pokemon. An ancient Pokemon that would line up to create an impenetrable wall to protect their young. Their rock-hard faces could take any attack from the front and barely get any scratch. Attacks from behind or from the side were slightly more effective, but their tough hide was hard to penetrate as well.

"Wait, a fossil Pokemon!?" Hyrem asked in surprise. "AH!!" He barely had any time to scream before dodging the 300 lb. tank that charged straight for him, causing him to land in a pile of rubble... namely a pile of old swords, shields, and bones! A shiver ran down his spine as he tried to get himself out of the pile of people long dead. "What is this!?" he yelled again. These had to be people brought here long before he did, and needless to say they didn't make it out alive. Would Hyrem be next? That Bastiodon seemed like it wanted exactly that as it turned to face him again, readying itself to charge again.

With next to no time to think, Hyrem looked at Daphne... he had to free her somehow so she could battle because she wasn't able to get out on her own; if she was, she would've done so by now. He quickly rushed back over to the pile of bones to pick up one of the old swords, maybe it could cut through the binding? Throwing it was too risky, it could hurt Daphne, or worse. He would have to rush over to her and slice the bounds himself, but would the Bastiodon let him get close enough? Only one way to find out... He started running, hoping his attacker wouldn't intercept him on his way to Daphne. "Daphne, hang in there!" he called out to his Nuzleaf. "I'll get you out of that, but for now just use Flash and Harden if Bastiodon tries to get through, then try a Leech Seed to start draining its health! I'm coming!" Hyrem raised his sword, ready to cut what was restraining Daphne, but he also kept an eye on the Bastiodon. If it charged at him, he would have to focus on dodging it; one attack from this tank, and it could be over all too quickly...
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline  
Old 02-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #1122
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters
 
Treepandaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Quick Update before school stuff starts piling up. (Incidentally, it is snowing outside right now.)

The Forbidden Garden

Treepandaone – You introduce the container in the heart of the grid, the center of a galaxy, and stars burst to life, crackling with energy. The box vibrates as it lifts into the air, all signs on its sides glowing steel blue as it seems to shred the deep space surrounding it, summoning a whirling vortex. Some stray leaves get sucked in before you like little red meteor rocks, and so would your two companions were they not clinging to you with all their strength, Omanyte applying every single suction cup at once. It makes no difference however, and you shield your eyes as the swirling supernova ROARs at you, swallowing into a black hole. Behind, you sense a small shadow leap in after just as the portal closes, leaving you in darkness…

Winter – Bitter, Cold

You feel frost bite before bright, shivering as you blink open to a world of white, familiar yet foreign. Snow stretches across the same hill, covering the bare branches above. (Though stripped of majesty, the trunk still plants itself proudly, tough, enduring.) Your friends shudder and hide next to you as an icy gale blows and powder rains down from the heavens, unaccustomed to such harsh climate.

There is one unphased however, as Deerling prances excitedly through the sugar wonderland, its auburn coat caramelized to burnt brown, retaining residual heat. It trots daintily over to the east bank and bays over the edge, in the direction of the wall. No, more towards the way, from whence you came.

That’s when you smell it: That tantalizing scent of smoke and sweet, even stronger with the wind carrying it. You spot the source now, trailing in the distance from the chimney passed prior… Only now it stands tall and intact, rising atop a tiny abode. You stare in confusion at the picturesque scene that should belong on perhaps a Christmas card, not the present. How could such a structure have been erected – or resurrected – in such a short period? …Or rather, judging by the weather: How could the fall season have passed so quickly without notice? You grip your arms tightly, goosebumps forming not just from chill, but from fear over losing a span of your life again, memories blank. Time seems to be playing tricks on you.

The box still sits beside the tree, snugly entrenched in the slush (that is slowly sinking into your sodden sneakers), which partially covers the throbbing web, now dormant. Togepi, despite its sunny name and nature, sneezes and pulls pleadingly on your soaking wet pants, pointing to the hut. Although Omanyte possesses the protection of its larger shell to retreat into, it waves its tentacles in search of warmth as well, clearly agreeing with the sentiment.

Do you approach the building?
The box ticked with a mechanical whir only reserved for much later centuries; the artifact looked and felt ancient, but its resonations felt much closer to the present. Reaching into his bag Matthew pulled out Togepi's favourite hold item, the metronome, to study the frequency of the ticks. Was there a co-relation? It reminded him of so many things, his mind arcing back to videos of a ticking time bombs, a finely crafted watch mechanism, the Pokémon Klink and Goluck. It mattered not.

Matthew had to press on, his curiosity far exceeding the little voice in his mind telling him to examine the box before doing anything rash. Rash was his style, and he wore it on his sleeve proudly. Stepping into the centre of the spider's web, he placed the box carefully in the middle as an explosion of colour and energy rushed to meet his decision. The box floated on its own accord as the Pokémon trainer became mesmerized with the galaxy protruding outwards, like a holographic projection on an open sky. Dare he reach out and touch it? To interact with the crackles of energy surrounding him, his presence disrupting the flow, changing the course and forcing it to adapt around him.

No.

The vibration of the box came to distract him from such actions, an unholy, unstable, deafening noise began to protrude from it. No beauty, not even that from the glowing blue, could change his worry for his Pokémon. He cuddled them tightly as leaves began to flutter past and into the swirling vortex the box had now become like a planetary implosion forcing.

This was the consequence of his actions. The force begun pull more and more with each passing second as he felt his companions grip on to him with every morsel of strength they had. He turned away from the box, Pocket Monsters in arms and attempted to shield them from the growing destruction he had just set upon the area. Suctions cups grasped bare skin as the trainer attempted to avoid the gaze of the cyclone as it swallowed him whole like an entrée before being left in perpetual darkness.



A freezing cold air greeted the trainer way before he opened his eyes. A surprise blink, then a few short, sharp and deep breaths followed as he opened his eyes to see a winter wonderland had enveloped the spring landscape he had just left. The frost began to take its toll after a prolonged exposure as he felt the bitter winds nibble. The familiar scenes of his secret base in the Glacier Region stayed the same, but he was usually far more prepared in winter gear, layered under waves of heat-absorbing clothing.

Matthew felt the shudders of Togepi and Omanyte sparsely separated by mere moments as the trainer begun to take a look at his surroundings. It felt like the same rolling hill he had just been at, the tree trunk now covered in a blanket of white, but how could that be? As a holder, protector, of the legendary Pokémon Mew he had more than his fair share of experience being teleported to where the world needed him, or where he needed the world to be, but that was moving from one place to another, not seasonal travel in the same place.

A Deerling startled Matthew as it pranced excitedly through the snow past him, the familiar attitude of the Deerling suggested it was the one who just accompanied him but its appearance contradicted that completely. The Deerling he had just met had a golden glaze, this one fur was much darker.

“What is this?” he internalized “a chameleon effect like Castform? An alternate universe? Is this heaven?”

His nostrils flared as they caught whiff of a recognizable fragrance, the smokey sweet smell reverberated through the air as if carried on the wind like a passenger. Its source, as the Pokémon trainer soon discovered, came from another repeated familiarity; the chimney his Pokémon had been so interested now poked out of the sky on top of a picturesque building. His head began to hurt as his breathing became deeper, a steady stream of exhaling growing in noise as he tried to make sense of … anything. He worried about losing more time, but Togepi's sneeze made shelter a priority. His own clothing was becoming more and more damp with the continual snow and even Omanyte, with its big shell and protective type, wanted to begin the search for warmth.

Matthew had a quick last look around before spotting the box sitting against the side of the tree before running up and taking it in his hands. Debating on the repercussions of taking it with him and having another vortex appear or leave it exactly where it was, open to damage or theft, he decided to bury it back in the trunk of the tree, using the same hole he had found it. If it had stood the test of time in there, it was the safest place for it, and Matthew reckoned he needed it to return to his own time line, if that was the right synopsis. Picking up his companions with one fell swoop, Matthew began running towards the hut, envisioning what could be there. He would knock and ask if anyone was there and if he could stay, offering goods or services in exchange for the hospitality but if not he would break in, the well-being of his Pokémon of utmost importance at this very moment.

After all, he rationalized, he could always apologize and offer reparations when the owners returned if he was inside the building, but he couldn't if he were dead...
Treepandaone is offline  
Old 02-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #1123
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,550
Cyndaquil Home is where the hearth is.

In Celebii151's and PikaGod's absence, I'll be taking over their groups. Welcome aboard, jolteonjak and Gemini Spark!

Memory Lane

Marion Ette¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Cloud Forest

Jerichi¤Link to Your Last Update¤

jolteonjak – With both Pokémon appearing to exhaust, you call Cyndaquil over to confer while Spearow regains its bearings. Advising Cyndaquil to switch to the defensive, your opponent remains aggressive, repeating the radiance from before. Aware of what to anticipate this time, Cyndaquil primes to dodge at a moment’s notice. The Spearow quickens its altitude again, before screaming down like a siren – though slightly slower this time. The split-second difference is enough for Cyndaquil to swiftly roll to the side – though the sharp beak still manages to graze his hide slightly. Still, he stands firm as he bristles grass off his back, ready for another round.

Spearow seems bushed however, barely able to keep aloft as it appropriately seeks the shelter of the brush, where it settles down to ROOST. Just as expected. You grin and nod to Cyndaquil, who mirrors the pose by curling up with his head tucked under his “wing”. The posture is surprisingly rather relaxing, and Cyndaquil soon starts to rejuvenate at the same rate, the battle grinding to a halt as peace overcomes.

The stillness doesn’t last long however, as Spearow doesn’t take kindly to its actions being copied – by a ground-dweller, no less. With a shrill pitch, it abandons its perch and lands on the earth, where it stalks straight up to the half-dozing enemy, wearing a look of disgust. A swift kicks sends a SLAP of MUD into the sitting duck’s face, causing the Spearow to point and cackle before quickly taking flight again, avoiding retaliation.

Up in the air, Spearow continues to shriek and screech, laughing so UPROARiously there’s no way Cyndaquil will be able to rest now. Cyndaquil gets up and attempts to glare through the grit at the annoying rooster, waiting for further guidance on how to deal with this nuisance. Unfortunately, he can barely see past the grime – and if he could he would simply be blinded twice trying to spot a shadow against the bright sun. Squinting, you notice the Spearow’s feathers appear to be shining in the light after its respite, almost metallically so… A sign of health? Or something more?

What will your next move be?


The Fountain Garden

Talon87 & dosuser¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Forbidden Garden

Treepandaone – After suppressing the box from sight – for safety and sound inside the tree – you scoop up friends and flee, towards light and warmth, as fast as your legs will carry. Hoping the adrenaline will help heat along the way. Your companions cling close, while Deerling canters behind, leaping lightly between the imprints you blaze. The bank is so thick you trip and stumble at one point, snowballing spectacularly down the rest of the hill on your bum. Your shadow slides after with more care, quickly coming up to check if you’re okay by licking your face. You grimace and groan at the impression of ice on your bottom, but manage to stand up, brushing the flakes away before setting off again.

When you reach the hut, you approach with a sense of caution – as well as desperation as you consider the possibility of breaking in despite danger, should no one answer your call. You barely flex your numbed fingers into a fist in order to knock loudly on the door, standing back to watch breath rise and join the smoke from the chimney. Aside, you attempt to peer through the frost-stained windows, seeking the source of light. Someone has to be home, to hear a cry for hope…

The access opens, and there stands an angel before you – or at least so she appears in your mind’s eye. In fact she is a slightly plump woman with a weathered face, but smiling saintly all the same, as the radiance of a roaring fireplace basks her back in a golden halo.

“Welcome home, childre- oh! Oh dear! Dear me, what are you doing out in this cold dressed like that? That jacket isn’t nearly warm enough! And your poor Pokémon are shivering! Come in, come in, before you freeze your toes off!”

You graciously accept the invitation of heat and heart, hurrying towards the hearth. Unlike you who ignored the homely hailing mat in haste and tracked snow in all over the clean floor (fortunately the houseowner doesn’t seem to mind), Deerling tiptoes over the fibers and shakes its dusting of powdered sugar off before trotting over to join you by the flames. It lies down and rests beside you while you rub your palms together, trying to rejuvenate movement. Togepi and Omanyte mimic the massaging motion, while your host fusses about, retrieving blankets and sheets for all four of you.

“Here, put these on. Would you like some tea? Or hot chocolate? Please, help yourself to any food if you’re hungry.”

She gestures towards the table, where a feast of festive sweets and dishes is laid out. Gingerbread cookies, mince pie, plum pudding… There’s even a whole sliced ham spread in the center. She bids you take a seat and offers you a plate, serving up a bit of everything before you can even say a word.

“Eat, eat! No need to be shy! You all look famished!”

She plops the large platter in front of you and your Pokémon before tucking in her apron and taking the spot across from you, watching and waiting eagerly for you to dig in.

“So tell me, what’s your name, young man? What were doing traveling in this weather without proper protection?” She scolds with clear motherly concern. “You’re lucky you didn’t lose your limbs!”

Gemini Spark – Your return to “reality” is a resentful one, as you begin to question whether what you’re seeing is in fact a farce. Faced with a prehistoric beast, and the bones of its prey following its fossil decay… You hope they don’t repeat its recent footsteps and rejuvenate to fight, for who knows which side they’d be on.

Still, if this is a fantasy, then you had better fulfill your role by playing the hero. Conquering disgust, you claim one of the weapons with a sickening gut-wrench, and run with it to rescue your Daphne in distress. …You hadn’t realized how heavy an ancient sword should be though, and its weight drags you down to match the speed of the hulking behemoth charging straight at you. At the current trajectory, it would hit you before you can even reach the tower where her majesty awaits. Gulping, you appeal desperately to Daphne for assistance. She nods, and you close your eyes in anticipation as blinding magic fills the room, dazzling the dino-dozer as it veers and rams into the pillar instead, upsetting the foundation.

Daphne shrieks as its battering shield barely misses her, though the movement does help to shake her loose a bit. Still, she’d rather not take any chances as she raises her own defenses against the fortress, just in time as the invader recovers its aim and launches another direct assault. This time it tries a different tactic as it turns around, whipping its IRON TAIL like a mace at poor Daphne’s face. She winces but manages to withstand, refusing to allow brute force to best her. In answer, she spits at her tormentor, the seed of war declaring territory on its back. The Bastiodon roars as its own resources are stolen and returned to the rightful owner, a single Trojan stone thrown over its walls being enough to break the stronghold.

Though tempted as you are to take the opportunity to exact revenge, having consumed with rage on seeing your helpless friend beaten in such a manner, freedom is a much more momentous goal to strive for right now. Besides, you doubt you could even produce a dent in that creature’s armor. So you seize the chance to swing at the ties binding Daphne instead, liberating her in one (lucky) swift motion (thanks to the fact the ropes were already somewhat relaxed). Rather than reward her cool savior with a kiss, the spunky princess puts up fisticuffs, puffing her swollen cheek as she prepares to kick some butt. (Also she refuses to acknowledge the girlish outcry she made earlier, so don’t even bother bringing it up.)

Your opponent is only too happy to oblige, and lowers its IRON HEAD again, snorting and stomping the earth as it prompts another onslaught.

What do you do?


The Oasis

Kori Gotcha¤Link to Your Last Update¤
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Old 02-26-2014, 05:31 AM   #1124
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,384
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
In Celebii151's and PikaGod's absence, I'll be taking over their groups. Welcome aboard, jolteonjak and Gemini Spark!

The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark – Your return to “reality” is a resentful one, as you begin to question whether what you’re seeing is in fact a farce. Faced with a prehistoric beast, and the bones of its prey following its fossil decay… You hope they don’t repeat its recent footsteps and rejuvenate to fight, for who knows which side they’d be on.

Still, if this is a fantasy, then you had better fulfill your role by playing the hero. Conquering disgust, you claim one of the weapons with a sickening gut-wrench, and run with it to rescue your Daphne in distress. …You hadn’t realized how heavy an ancient sword should be though, and its weight drags you down to match the speed of the hulking behemoth charging straight at you. At the current trajectory, it would hit you before you can even reach the tower where her majesty awaits. Gulping, you appeal desperately to Daphne for assistance. She nods, and you close your eyes in anticipation as blinding magic fills the room, dazzling the dino-dozer as it veers and rams into the pillar instead, upsetting the foundation.

Daphne shrieks as its battering shield barely misses her, though the movement does help to shake her loose a bit. Still, she’d rather not take any chances as she raises her own defenses against the fortress, just in time as the invader recovers its aim and launches another direct assault. This time it tries a different tactic as it turns around, whipping its IRON TAIL like a mace at poor Daphne’s face. She winces but manages to withstand, refusing to allow brute force to best her. In answer, she spits at her tormentor, the seed of war declaring territory on its back. The Bastiodon roars as its own resources are stolen and returned to the rightful owner, a single Trojan stone thrown over its walls being enough to break the stronghold.

Though tempted as you are to take the opportunity to exact revenge, having consumed with rage on seeing your helpless friend beaten in such a manner, freedom is a much more momentous goal to strive for right now. Besides, you doubt you could even produce a dent in that creature’s armor. So you seize the chance to swing at the ties binding Daphne instead, liberating her in one (lucky) swift motion (thanks to the fact the ropes were already somewhat relaxed). Rather than reward her cool savior with a kiss, the spunky princess puts up fisticuffs, puffing her swollen cheek as she prepares to kick some butt. (Also she refuses to acknowledge the girlish outcry she made earlier, so don’t even bother bringing it up.)

Your opponent is only too happy to oblige, and lowers its IRON HEAD again, snorting and stomping the earth as it prompts another onslaught.

What do you do?
Staring down a hulking Bastiodon, Hyrem knew he would need Daphne free if they wanted any chance at taking it down, so he tried picking up one of the rusted swords on the floor, but it was much heavier than he thought. He could only drag it across the floor... and that was while Bastiodon charged at him with the same speed! This wouldn't do, Hyrem would be flattened before he and Daphne even got the chance to fight! Daphne would have to intervene somehow, but what could she do while bound?

Actually, she could do quite a bit. While Hyrem closed his eyes--both to wait for Daphne to attack and, in case that failed, to brace himself for impact--Daphne's eyes lit up and the room was instantly filled with Flashes of light, blinding the dinosaur enough for it to ram into the pillar and barely miss Daphne. She screams as a reaction in addition to Hardening her own body so she wouldn't take as big a hit from the tank as she would have before. Instead of charging this time, Bastiodon then sweeps the immediate area with his Tail glowing, and Daphne was most unfortunate to meet the Iron club with her face. "Daphne!!" Hyrem cried out for his Pokemon. "You leave her alone, she can't do much while tied up!" He was really worried about just where that hit. Because, even though she Hardened earlier, that super-sensitive nose of hers... she'll be feeling that for weeks, and that's if they get out of this mess alive... which would be a bit of a problem as far as the future is concerned. Y'know, paradoxes and everything, a possibility of certain individuals suddenly ceasing to exist...

And I'm overthinking this. Anyway, tears began to flow from Daphne's eyes as she cried out in pain, but at least she wasn't totally thrown off of the game plan. Her last bit of defiance in her current state came from her spitting out a small Seed at the fossil Pokemon while its back was turned, and it successfully planted itself at a vulnerable spot and started Leeching away its health, giving something back to Daphne. This proved to be a sufficient distraction to keep it busy while Hyrem gathered the strength he needed to thrust the sword into the ropes to cut them down and free Daphne. As soon as she was free, she was ready to battle and make Bastiodon pay for violating her nose like that. (What do you mean that screaming you did never happened, Daphne, I- ...O-okay, fine, i-it never happened, just... no paint on me, please...)

"Wow, you want to synch up and battle already?" Hyrem asked. "Leaf!" she said, rubbing her mouth a bit before putting her fists up. "Well, okay then, let's do it! Bastiodon's getting an Iron Head ready, so let's try countering with Double Team! Then go for a Rock Smash from the side to try breaking its defenses, and back off after that for a Shadow Ball!" Hyrem knew that just attacking Bastiodon head-on wouldn't work even if Daphne attacked from behind or from the sides, so they would have to outsmart their opponent and start pulling some special attacks to stop it. Or just keep dodging Bastiodon's attacks and let the Leech Seed on Bastiodon do its work; Daphne could easily outspeed it now that she was free, so with enough fleet footing she could eventually wear it down and maybe find a good opening to attack with some of her more potent moves...
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline  
Old 03-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #1125
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,550
Froslass And howling ghosts, they reappear...

Memory Lane

Marion Ette¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Cloud Forest

Jerichi¤Link to Your Last Update¤

jolteonjak¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

With both Pokémon appearing to exhaust, you call Cyndaquil over to confer while Spearow regains its bearings. Advising Cyndaquil to switch to the defensive, your opponent remains aggressive, repeating the radiance from before. Aware of what to anticipate this time, Cyndaquil primes to dodge at a moment’s notice. The Spearow quickens its altitude again, before screaming down like a siren – though slightly slower this time. The split-second difference is enough for Cyndaquil to swiftly roll to the side – though the sharp beak still manages to graze his hide slightly. Still, he stands firm as he bristles grass off his back, ready for another round.

Spearow seems bushed however, barely able to keep aloft as it appropriately seeks the shelter of the brush, where it settles down to ROOST. Just as expected. You grin and nod to Cyndaquil, who mirrors the pose by curling up with his head tucked under his “wing”. The posture is surprisingly rather relaxing, and Cyndaquil soon starts to rejuvenate at the same rate, the battle grinding to a halt as peace overcomes.

The stillness doesn’t last long however, as Spearow doesn’t take kindly to its actions being copied – by a ground-dweller, no less. With a shrill pitch, it abandons its perch and lands on the earth, where it stalks straight up to the half-dozing enemy, wearing a look of disgust. A swift kicks sends a SLAP of MUD into the sitting duck’s face, causing the Spearow to point and cackle before quickly taking flight again, avoiding retaliation.

Up in the air, Spearow continues to shriek and screech, laughing so UPROARiously there’s no way Cyndaquil will be able to rest now. Cyndaquil gets up and attempts to glare through the grit at the annoying rooster, waiting for further guidance on how to deal with this nuisance. Unfortunately, he can barely see past the grime – and if he could he would simply be blinded twice trying to spot a shadow against the bright sun. Squinting, you notice the Spearow’s feathers appear to be shining in the light after its respite, almost metallically so… A sign of health? Or something more?

What will your next move be?


The Fountain Garden

Talon87 & dosuser¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Forbidden Garden

Treepandaone¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

After suppressing the box from sight – for safety and sound inside the tree – you scoop up friends and flee, towards light and warmth, as fast as your legs will carry. Hoping the adrenaline will help heat along the way. Your companions cling close, while Deerling canters behind, leaping lightly between the imprints you blaze. The bank is so thick you trip and stumble at one point, snowballing spectacularly down the rest of the hill on your bum. Your shadow slides after with more care, quickly coming up to check if you’re okay by licking your face. You grimace and groan at the impression of ice on your bottom, but manage to stand up, brushing the flakes away before setting off again.

When you reach the hut, you approach with a sense of caution – as well as desperation as you consider the possibility of breaking in despite danger, should no one answer your call. You barely flex your numbed fingers into a fist in order to knock loudly on the door, standing back to watch breath rise and join the smoke from the chimney. Aside, you attempt to peer through the frost-stained windows, seeking the source of light. Someone has to be home, to hear a cry for hope…

The access opens, and there stands an angel before you – or at least so she appears in your mind’s eye. In fact she is a slightly plump woman with a weathered face, but smiling saintly all the same, as the radiance of a roaring fireplace basks her back in a golden halo.

“Welcome home, childre- oh! Oh dear! Dear me, what are you doing out in this cold dressed like that? That jacket isn’t nearly warm enough! And your poor Pokémon are shivering! Come in, come in, before you freeze your toes off!”

You graciously accept the invitation of heat and heart, hurrying towards the hearth. Unlike you who ignored the homely hailing mat in haste and tracked snow in all over the clean floor (fortunately the houseowner doesn’t seem to mind), Deerling tiptoes over the fibers and shakes its dusting of powdered sugar off before trotting over to join you by the flames. It lies down and rests beside you while you rub your palms together, trying to rejuvenate movement. Togepi and Omanyte mimic the massaging motion, while your host fusses about, retrieving blankets and sheets for all four of you.

“Here, put these on. Would you like some tea? Or hot chocolate? Please, help yourself to any food if you’re hungry.”

She gestures towards the table, where a feast of festive sweets and dishes is laid out. Gingerbread cookies, mince pie, plum pudding… There’s even a whole sliced ham spread in the center. She bids you take a seat and offers you a plate, serving up a bit of everything before you can even say a word.

“Eat, eat! No need to be shy! You all look famished!”

She plops the large platter in front of you and your Pokémon before tucking in her apron and taking the spot across from you, watching and waiting eagerly for you to dig in.

“So tell me, what’s your name, young man? What were doing traveling in this weather without proper protection?” She scolds with clear motherly concern. “You’re lucky you didn’t lose your limbs!”

Gemini Spark – No longer bound, Daphne’s feet are free to fly, dancing in circles around the beast. Her speed forms delusions around the fringe, confusing the enemy in the center. It roars and charges at random, succeeding in striking… Vacant air. The two remaining replicas reveal their tongues, while the real Daphne cracks her knuckles and drives her fist into Bastiodon’s bare belly, provoking a loud bellow of pain. The SOUND surges in pitch until it becomes a shriek, similar to the scraping of METAL. Unable to concentrate, Daphne falls to her knees, defenseless. Even you are forced to drop your weapon as you guard your ears against the revolting reverb.

Your opponent seizes the moment to call upon the POWER of the ANCIENTs, as rocks rain down from the ceiling, presumably sourced from whatever summoned the prehistoric behemoth in the first place. You quickly duck for cover under the now slightly skewed support, which stretches out just far enough to protect your dome. Daphne, however, is not so fortunate, as the stones strike all three primary targets, breaking the illusionary spell to reduce to one.

Despite the beating she received, Daphne manages to rise slowly, eyes flashing with rage. Dark magic swells in her palms as she unleashes her own spiritual might, gathering the relic energy of all the fallen heroes to aid in the fight. The room is rife with regret and thirst for revenge, as shadows wail upon the adversary. Skeletal moans almost rival the banshee cry from earlier as they cling to its legs, trying to drag it down to hell with them.

However, your cheers soon turn to horror as you realize the CURSE seems to be having an unintended opposite effect: Feeding off negative emotions merely reinforces the creature’s resolve instead. It plants itself firmly, crushing skull and bone underfoot as it raises its ramparts and strengthens its forces. The impregnable fortress glares at you, wincing as the spy already within its ranks reports back to the sender through the lifeline, but otherwise ready for whatever you deliver at it.

What will you do now?


The Oasis

Kori Gotcha¤Link to Your Last Update¤
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.