UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 01-11-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Natu UPN PASBL: Concept (C) vs. Tyoyo3131 (A)

Concept (C) vs. Tyoyo3131 (A)
2 vs 2
Singles
Switch=KO
DQ Time: 72 Hours [This was not stated, so im going to put a moderate time]
Pummelo Stadium #1 (Rock arena with circular pool in the middle0
Equilevel 1

No need for formalities, we are all aware that this is about RFing, and getting them levels in!!! woooo! Post away

Last edited by EmeraldGoblin; 01-17-2014 at 03:58 PM.
EmeraldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Level 1:

Sebastian the Mareep (Male)
Mareep (Electric): Mareep's fur is slightly charged: any Pokémon not resistant to electricity who comes into physical contact with Mareep has a 25% chance of flinching. Mareep have the ability to use the balls on their tails as lights. While not as powerful as a Flash attack, they light up the arena without blinding opponents or allies, and doing so takes almost no energy to maintain. It is considered one move for a Mareep to light its tail. This will, however, make it a more obvious target for Pokémon who can see in dark areas.

Houdini the Zubat (Male)
Zubat (Poison/Flying): Zubat is completely blind, as it has no eyes. However, it uses sonar to detect things, which means that it cannot be fooled by visual illusions (such as Double Team). Zubat have sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks.
No sig.

Julius the Aron (Male)
Aron (Steel/Rock): Aron can see in the dark. Due to its exceptional hardness, it will not take recoil damage from attacks it uses and is resistant to physical moves.
No sig.

Robbie the Golett (Genderless)
Golett: (Ground/Ghost) Golett is entirely inorganic, meaning it is completely unaffected by poison. Though slow and robotic, it is quite heavy and bulky for its size, allowing it to deal slightly more damage from physical attacks.
No sig.

Maria the Sneasel (Female)
Sneasel (Dark/Ice): A Sneasel can retract or extend its claws at will. When moving and trying to be stealthy, a Sneasel will retract its claws. When attacking or moving on slippery surfaces, they will be extended. Sneasels can move as quietly as a Meowth or Persian can. Sneasel can see in the dark.
No sig.

Miranda the Goomy (Female)
Goomy (Dragon): Goomy is slow and slimy, but also rather soft and squishy, giving it a 10% resistance to physical attacks. Its body is amorphous, allowing it to move across the ground by oozing or slithering, as well as making it hard to grasp.
No sig.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #3
Toyo
melon doggo

That Mareep is too adorable. =3

Level 1 Female Pumpkaboo (Super)

Level 1 Male Honedge

Level 1 Female Shuppet

Oliver: Level 1 Male Duskull
In life, Oliver was said to exhibit poise and wisdom in combat as a great paladin, wielding the blade Hauteclere.
Special Training: Paladin's Might
Because of his past life, all of Oliver's Ghost typed attacks are super effective against Dark, the forces of evil. His Ghost typed attacks no longer affect Normal or Fighting types, unless the Pokemon is also part Dark, in which they become neutral as always. Oliver loses access to his Dark energy pool, as a Paladin should not use underhanded tactics, and no longer fights more enthusiastically at night.

Xerath: Level 2 Genderless Golett - Uplevel
Special Attack: Mage Chains (Ghost)
Using solid energy, Xerath fires off an orb of energy that, when striking the foe will do moderate damage and mark the foe. The next damaging attack to strike the opponent will act as if it was super effective, but will not stack with any other super effective modifiers. This attack can be used three times per battle, and Xerath can no longer use Iron Defence, Gyro Ball, or Curse.

Yasuo: Level 1 Male Scyther
A wayward spirit with mastery over ancient wind techniques, joining my team to become a force to be reckoned with.

"Death is like the wind; always by my side."
No Signature Move

Pumpkaboo! To battle, let's earn your name!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Houdini, start up in the air. Air slash, air cutter.

I did try to think of something more original but meh.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #5
Toyo
melon doggo

Fantastic.

Trick-or-Treat into Shadow Ball.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #6
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Another exiting day here in Pumello Stadium. Tyoyo3131 is first to send out his pokeball high in the air, and from it arises Pumpkaboo to take the stage! Concept follows suit and sends out his pokeball, which is a more familiar pokemon overall, Houdini the Zubat takes the stage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Species Characteristics
Pumpkaboo (Grass/Ghost): Pumpkaboo come in four sizes, Small, Average, Large and Super. The Small size has somewhat less HP than average but is much faster than the larger sizes, where the Super size has a good deal more HP than average, but is very slow. Pumpkaboo's size will carry over when it evolves. Pumpkaboo have the ability to create searchlights from their eyes. While not as powerful as a Flash attack, they light up the arena without blinding opponents or allies, and doing so takes almost no energy to maintain. It is considered one move for a Pumpkaboo to light searchlights. [Grass]: Grass types live anywhere that can support vegetation, though most prefer temperate to tropical climates. Grass types enjoy both bright sun and rain. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls.
[Ghost]: Unavailable.

Zubat (Poison/Flying): Zubat is completely blind, as it has no eyes. However, it uses sonar to detect things, which means that it cannot be fooled by visual illusions (such as Double Team). Zubat have sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound attacks.
[Poison]: If not completely immune, poison types are highly resistant to poisoning.
[Flying]: Flying Pokémon, with a few exceptions, all fly. Those who cannot are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation.
ROUND 1

This round is full of old tricks, and some new. Let’s see what both pokemon have in store for eachother! Houdini starts off with an old fashion air slash against the ghostly pumpkin. The attack hits rather radipdly against the floating ghost, who squeals in pain. Meanwhile, Pumpkaboo unleashes a new trick from his bag in the form of trick-or-treat. The attack sends out an energy wave that coats Houdini in a ghostly aura that will make him subjected to be weak against ghost and dark moves for the next couple of rounds. Yikes! Pumpkaboo is quite pleased and sends out his next attack in the form of Shadow Ball. The ghostly ball of energy makes its way through, but not soo fast! Houdini launches an Air cutter that cuts right through the shadow ball dissipating the attack all together, while getting another mean blow against Pumpkaboo.

Summary
Houdini did not take damage this round, but he is coated in a ghostly aura. Energy usage was okay.

Pumpkaboo took two mean hits from the start. Energy usage was fine.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #7
Toyo
melon doggo

Charge Beam, Shadow Sneak.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #8
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Distract him from charging with feint attack, then follow up with pluck.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #9
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

ROUND 2

Pumpkaboo uses an electrifying charge beam against Houdini. Intercepted! Houdini launches an underhanded feint attack which completely knocks pumpkaboo off balance and does not let him perform the attack as expected, while simultaneously dealing some nasty damage. Pumpkaboo is distressed, but he is not stopping there; he launches a shadow sneak to swifly hit Houdini. The attack is too quick for the blind bat, who feels the small hit. Nevertheless, Houdini goes in for a swooping pluck, plucking away at the cute pumpkin for some more damage.

Summary
Pumpkaboo is just taking one beating after the other, with health reaching below the half way point. Energy usage was okay.

Houdini took a very small hit to health. Energy usage was fine.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #10
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Drop another air slash, followed by supersonic.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #11
Toyo
melon doggo

Jump behind that rock that's next to you with Agility (THE MAGIC OF THE ROCK ARENA) to avoid Air Slash. Round to drown out Supersonic.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #12
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

ROUND 3

Houdini attacks his opponent by hardering a couple of pocket of air and unleashing a slash against the cute ghostly pumpkin. Pumpkaboo has other plans in mind and decides to burst out of the way with agility, while hiding behind a rock formation. The attack is successfully blocked. No worries though, Houdini sends out a high pitch supersonic against Pumpkaboo to keep up the pressure. Unlucky for the illusionist bat, as The pumpkin pokemon drowns out the move though by using Round. The attack connects with Houdini for some damage, but nothing too drastic.

Summary
Houdini wasted energy this turn. Health was affected minimally though. A break is suggested.

Pumpkaboo is doing okay taking no damage this round. Energy usage was okay.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #13
Toyo
melon doggo

Round x2 while circling your rock.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #14
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Torment to leave him impotent, then taunt him over it.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:29 PM   #15
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

ROUND 4

Pumpkaboo opens up the round with another… colorful round. Kids, learn your lesson. Do not use the same move more than once in a row, because then pokemon like Houdini will torment you and will prevent you from executing your attack! Leaving poor Pumpkaboo defenseless, Houdini begins to yell out obscenities and taunts Pumpkaboo toward his direction. The round ends with both pokemon near each other, within melee range.

Summary

Pumpkaboo is enraged, and now wants to tear apart Houdini. Energy usage was non existant.

Houdini took no damage. Energy usage was fine. Break is required at this point though.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:33 PM   #16
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldGoblin View Post
Energy usage was fine. Break is required at this point though.
Taunt uses almost literally no energy and Torment isn't exactly taxing. Used noticeably less than a secret powers worth and that's not a break? We've only used somewhere about a thunderbolts difference so far this match. I appreciate that Tyoyo has had more break but my energy use has been an average of just over a thunderbolt per round, this is a long way from exorbitant.

Last edited by Concept; 01-11-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #17
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Taunt uses almost literally no energy and Torment isn't exactly taxing. Used noticeably less than a secret powers worth and that's not a break? We've only used somewhere about a thunderbolts difference so far this match. I appreciate that Tyoyo has had more break but my energy use has been an average of just over a thunderbolt per round, this is a long was from exorbitant.
I based it off this question I asked months ago: Here is the answer I got ._.''

So after four rounds of two movers.. I think its time for a 1 mover, unless I'm wrong about that ;.;
Old 01-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #18
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

It doesn't really matter that much as I was planning on the one mover anyway and I guess it's ref discretion, but yeah I would personally have considered my last round as a much better break than a round of just one thunderbolt or something. Not all two movers are created equal. A three mover of like, Taunt, Attract and close your eyes is a great breather; a one mover of Blast Burn is not.

Twister, using the flapping of your wings generating it to push you higher and further away.

Last edited by Concept; 01-11-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #19
Toyo
melon doggo

Incinerate at his wings as he's headed up. Rock Slide.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #20
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
It doesn't really matter that much as I was planning on the one mover anyway and I guess it's ref discretion, but yeah I would personally have considered my last round as a much better break than a round of just one thunderbolt or something. Not all two movers are created equal. A three mover of like, Taunt, Attract and close your eyes is a great breather; a one mover of Blast Burn is not.

Twister, using the flapping of your wings generating it to push you higher and further away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
Incinerate at his wings as he's headed up. Rock Slide.
I would really want to right my wrong... Would you guys allow me to correct the break request? I was dead wrong, and its unfair overall to Concept, who doesnt really mind my mistake, but it matters to me lol
Old 01-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #21
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Nah I'd rather this just got going. Kinda expected us to be done several hours ago (neither of the similar matches I reffed recently took more than six hours), it's nearly 2am my time and I'm getting fairly tired. Might have to bow out for the night soon but we can get another couple rounds in. I value speeding up much more than fixing every little thing or other stuff I'd put more emphasis on in a non RF.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #22
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

ROUND 5
The round starts off with Houdini unleashing a windy twister as he ascends further up into the air. Meanwhile, the cute pumpkin uses incinerate and gets a tickling hit on Houdini right before being smacked by the twister and pushed to the ground of the stadium by the violent winds. Houdini is now a bit high in the air but he is in range for quite for Pumpkaboo to rock slide enough rocks toward the blind bat. With the distance in mind, Houdini is able to instinctively dodge most of the attack.

Summary
Houdini feels quite refreshed after the one mover. Health is doing fine even after those two hits.

Pumpkaboo is bad on health. Energy usage was okay. Rock is over half gone.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #23
Toyo
melon doggo

Double Team x2.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #24
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>Using a speed related move with biggest, slowest Pumpkaboo
>Ordering the same move twice in a row whilst under Torment

Fine by me! Float lower and spread a heat wave over the clones.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #25
Toyo
melon doggo

The alternative was Destiny Bond or Explosion.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL