UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 02-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Cherrim Raikou Race for Cherubi

“Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the Raikou Race!” the trainer in the red coat with the long blond hair that was pulled back into a ponytail announced enthusiastically as he stepped forward with a rather large Luxray at his side and looked over the participants. Each of them unique in their own way. Some of whom he had met in the past. Others, he had only heard of, but all of them bound for greatness. “Today's race will begin shortly. The goal of the race is to be the first one to have their pokemon complete the track in front of you. To do so, your pokemon will race toward the Raikou statue retrieve a thunderstone and then race to the finish line. The first one to cross the finish line will receive this lovely little Cherubi.” A small pink ball with green leaves began to bounce on the trainer's shoulder squeeing in anticipation over finding a trainer worthy of her. “As you can see, there are three absorbing panels at the base of the Raikou statue. Upon reaching it, your pokemon will need to charge a panel with an attack in order for Raikou to release his blessing in the form of a thunderstone. Beware as there are electric pokemon scattered about the track intent to slow your progress.”

The trainer stepped back up to a small platform and surveyed the track one last time to make sure that everything was set. With a sly half cocked smile he nodded to himself and looked back to the assembled trainers. “I think it goes without saying that we are looking forward to a good fair race. So, feel free to release your pokemon and we will begin at the sound of Thunder. Good luck to all of you!”

Participants
Tyoyo
Sneasel
Talon
Kaisap
Itzatrap
Kairne
Lilblue

Raikou Races Rules

Goal

Be the first to make it from start to finish. At the halfway point is a statue of Raikou where your pokemon will need to attack an absorbing panel. Once the panel has enough energy, it will drop a Thunderstone which your pokemon must then carry to the end of the track.

*The track is 100 metres long and an RNG will be used to determine the amount of steps your Pokemon will move. The RNG will cover 10 spaces at a time maximum. I will be updating 3 turns at a time. During this time I will be making 10 RNG rolls. Before each turn everyone will choose 3 numbers between 1-10. These numbers will decide which RNG roll you have chosen. You may choose the same number all 3 times.

*The Raikou Statue sits at 50 metres and upon reaching it your Pokemon will use their attack on the absorbing panel (the very next turn). Each attack takes up one turn (so if you choose an electric attack it’ll take one turn to release the chest and if you use any other attack it’ll take two turns).

*There are three absorbing panels so three Pokemon may attack them at once. If four or more Pokemon reach the statue at the same time then I will roll an RNG to determine who will attack first, the others will have to wait in line depending on the order rolled. If Pokemon arrive after and there are Pokemon still attacking the panels then they will have to wait until one becomes free.

*There are electric Pokemon every 10 metres excluding the start, finish and 50 metre mark. If your Pokemon are unfortunate to stop on one of these spots then they receive a mild Thundershock that will cause them to lose two spaces per turn for the next two turns whereby the effects wear off. If they happen to fall on another electric Pokemon space then they will receive another Thundershock and lose three spaces per turn for two turns before returning to normal. Any further shocks received after this and your Pokemon only loses three spaces per turn for two turns, the effects wearing off after this amount of turns.

*If you choose to use an attack on a fellow Pokemon it will lose one space for each attack used and the attacked pokemon will lose two spaces for each attack received. You may only choose one attack to use and it must be declared before the start of each turn.

*In the case of a tie when reaching the Raikou Statue for the final absorbing panel, the trainer who posted first will have have priority.

*Flying Pokemon are permitted to take part in this race, but must stay on the ground and run. Any flight will disqualify them. This includes using Flying type attacks on other pokemon that would cause the Flyer to take to the air.

*Speed-boosting attacks and abilities are not permitted in this race.

*Please for everyone entering the Raikou Race note that abilities will NOT be able to be used. This is to maintain the fairness of the game. So abilities, especially ones like Volt Absorb and Motor Drive that work on absorbing electric attacks will not come into effect.

*In the case of a tie in the race, the trainer who posted first will be declared the winner, unless the two parties involved would prefer to do some form of tie-breaker. In which case, we can discuss that together.

Any questions about rules may be asked here before the race begins.

The first one to finish the race will then be able to have a Female Cherubi for 2 Candies.

Last edited by Stark; 02-06-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Noriko walked on up to the start line, with Elmira, the trusty Luxio, right by her side. They'd heard of this interesting competition and decided to take part. The promised Cherubi certaily helped increase enthusiasm about the race...

Elmira rubbed against Noriko's leg, happy to get into action like this. Noriko patted her friend on the head before Elmira walked on to the starting line to wait for the starting signal, with Noriko watching proudly. This was going to be exciting.

(Elmira's stats:
Spoiler: show

Elmira

Species: Luxio
Level: 20
Type: Electric
Current Location: Party
Birthday: December 8th
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant Nature
Obtained: Caught in the Stardust Fields
Held Item: None
Beauty Points: 0
Contest Stats: 10/10/10/10/10
IQ: 1
Contained In: Pokéball (2/5)

Bio:
Elmira is an energetic Luxio, caught by Noriko as a Shinx on an adventure in the Stardust Fields. She gets along marvelously with Kitty, although some signs of a rivalry are still around. Protective of Kitty, Elmira follows her "princess" wherever she goes, which often includes trouble. More level-headed than Kitty, Elmira is kind of a big sister figure to the young Skitty - if not more than that...

Movepool:

Tackle
Leer
Charge
Spark
Bite
Roar - Lv. 23
Swagger - Lv. 28
Thunder Fang - Lv. 33
Crunch - Lv. 38
Scary Face - Lv. 43
Discharge - Lv. 48
Wild Charge - Lv. 53

Signal Beam
Strength
Swift
Hidden Power (Ice)
Double Kick
Night Slash

Magnet Rise
Flash

For the first RNG rolls, I'm picking numbers 2, 4 and 7.)

Last edited by kaisap112; 02-06-2013 at 03:27 PM.
kaisap112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Entering with Misdreavus.

Species: Misdreavus (F) Level 19
Name: (none yet given)
Met: Egg House, hatched on May 12, 2008
Type: Ghost
Ability: (undeclared)
Attacks: Growl, Psywave, Sleep Talk, Spite, Astonish, Nasty Plot, Icy Wind, Destiny Bond, Imprison, Screech, Spite*, Confuse Ray, Curse, Thunderbolt, Snatch, Skill Swap, Mimic, Trick, Mean Look
Nature: (undeclared)
Held Item: none
Contest Stats: Smart: 10 Cool: 10 Beauty: 10 Tough: 10 Cute: 10
Beauty Points: --
Bio: none currently
Trophies: none currently

Requesting the numbers 5, 3, and 7 for the first three rolls.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
We'll be using Spark as the attack in this race.

Kaisap, are you using Spark on the first turn? Second turn? Third turn? All three turns? And if so, you need to choose who you are using it against. I guess I should have clarified that better.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Can players pick the same numbers each round, or do we need to pick different numbers each round? If we need to pick different numbers, Kaisap will need to pick a new number for her third roll: I was the first person to pick any numbers (including #7 for Turn 3) and she edited her numbers into her post later having forgotten to include them originally. =\ If we can all pick the same numbers if we like, then no big deal.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post

Kaisap, are you using Spark on the first turn? Second turn? Third turn? All three turns? And if so, you need to choose who you are using it against. I guess I should have clarified that better.
I thought the rules said you're allowed to only use one (kind of) attack in the race, and the one attack in question has to be announced before the beginning of the race. I misunderstood the sentence, I'm not attacking anyone on this turn. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Talon, if all seven contestants are going to show up, there's no way numbers 1-10 could be divided evenly, so my guess is you're allowed to pick the numbers regardless of the pickings of others.

Last edited by kaisap112; 02-06-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
EDIT: Talon, if all seven contestants are going to show up, there's no way numbers 1-10 could be divided evenly, so my guess is you're allowed to pick the numbers regardless of the pickings of others.
What do you mean? There are ten numbers for seven players. That's more than enough for everyone to pick a unique number. It's not all ten numbers for three turns: it's all ten numbers for one turn, I think, hence why we pick a different (or the same, w/e) number each turn.

Last edited by Talon87; 02-06-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
What do you mean? There are ten numbers for seven players. That's more than enough for everyone to pick a unique number. It's not all ten numbers for three turns: it's all ten numbers for one turn, I think, hence why we pick a different (or the same, w/e) number each turn.
Wow, the rules just got confusing as hell. ''

Any chance we could get an example post on how to pick things?
Old 02-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
Stark
Rainbow Badge

You may choose the same number as other players. However, if you choose all of the same numbers as someone else, the best you can do in the race is tie the person whose numbers are the same as yours. I thought I had clarified that, but it looks like it is something that was in my head instead on the screen.

Sample post:

RP text about encouraging my pokemon to win the race.

Choosing numbers 1, 2, and 3 for the next three turns. Attacking Kaisap's Luxio Elmyra on my second turn with a Thundershock.

Last edited by Stark; 02-06-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #10
Toyo
hail

James nodded upon hearing the rules. Now the hard part: did he really want to enter this pokemon? He clutched the pokeball, before throwing it up and summoning the world's most notorious Stunfisk, Neville.

Neville
Pokeball:
Species: Stunfisk
Type: Ground / Electric
Level: 8
Held Item: None
Nature: (Undeclared)
Ability: Static- When Pokémon with Static are hit by a move that makes contact, there is a 30% chance that the attacking foe will become paralyzed.
Attacks: Level Up
START- Mud-slap
START- Mud Sport
Lv. 5- Bide
TM/HM/MT/EM
TM Payback
TM Attract

EM Spite
EM Shock Wave
EM Earth Power
EM Pain Split

CM Can't Catch Me
Unnatural TM Taunt
Unnatural TM Torment

Contest Stats: Smart: -- Cool: -- Beauty: -- Tough: -- Cute: --
IQ: --
Birthday: August 23
Obtained: Adoption Center

"I choose the numbers 5, 5, and 5." James declared for all to hear. Upon hearing the others decisions, he felt a bit of.. incentive, might be useful. He leaned down to the flat pokemon below him who was eyeing up his victims opponents. "Shock Wave that Luxio in the third stage, okay?" The Stunfisk nodded as well as his body could, ran over to the starting line, and stuck his tongue out at the Misdreavus next to him, waiting to speed off towards the Raikou statue.

Good luck all ya'll. No hard feelings Kaisap, right? <3

Last edited by Toyo; 02-07-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #11
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
You may choose the same number as other players. However, if you choose all of the same numbers as someone else, the best you can do in the race is tie the person whose numbers are the same as yours. I thought I had clarified that, but it looks like it is something that was in my head instead on the screen.
Okay, cool. I don't mind sharing, and I fancy that getting a good dice roll is really just up to chance and leaves no room for people to feel cheated out of good rolls "because the dice rolls [they] wanted were taken by [somebody else]! "

And while I'm not really too keen on the idea of people sabotaging one another's efforts to win ... guess I may as well ask for clarification on this now rather than wait until it comes up in the middle of the race:
Quote:
If you choose to use an attack on a fellow Pokemon it will lose one space for each attack used and the attacked pokemon will lose two spaces for each attack received. You may only choose one attack to use and it must be declared before the start of each turn.
Q1. Can you choose a different attack each declaration? Or is the choice of attack locked in for the duration of the race? For example, if Marco attacks James with Gust on Turn 5 of the race, can he then opt to attack Jenny with Sand-Attack on Turn 8 of the race? Or is he locked into Gust for the remainder of the race?

Q2. If you are locked in for the duration of the race to an attack once declared, does that count as your attack for the plates at the 50-meter mark as well? Or is your plate attack separate from your combat attack? For example, can James use Flamethrower in combat but use Thunderbolt on the plates?

Q3. Are attacks locked in at the start of the race? Or can people use attacks they gain by teaching TMs, leveling up, etc? (This assumes in most cases that the race will take more than one week to complete.)

Q4. Does the use of an Electric-type attack against an opponent have the same effect that Electric-type attacks from the wildlife have? I assume not, but if they would, it's important to know that now.

Q5. Can attacks miss? (If so, is that determined by RNGing based on the moves' video game accuracy?)

Q6. Do moves have limited uses? If so, is that determined by PP? By trainer battle energy standards? Other?

Q7. What is the range on enemy attacks? For example, if somebody gets very bad rolls on Turn 1 and is only on square 5 of 100, and if somebody else gets very good rolls and is already on square 24 of 100, are the two players out of one another's reach? Or can their attacks still connect?

Q8. Assuming there is such a thing as range, is range determined by square count or by physical distance? For example, if one Pokemon is near the start line and another is near the finish line, even though they are over 80 race-squares apart, they're actually fairly close to one another distance-wise.

Q9. Are there any attacks which will be reffed as affecting multiple/all Pokémon in the vicinity of the attack? For example, does Thundershock only hit one thing but Surf hits anybody remotely near the wave?

Q10. What are the rules regarding the use of teleportation moves like Teleport? Can a Pokémon teleport themselves to the electric plates, get a Thunderstone, and then teleport themselves to the finish line?

Q11. What are the rules regarding theft of Thunderstones? Can a Pokémon use Thief, Covet, Trick, or any other move or stratagem to steal somebody's Thunderstone from them? (I assume this would be difficult to do given the built-in queue for the plates, but that might not stop somebody from trying something while they're in line. )

I could probably think up more but this is an awful lot. ^^;
Old 02-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
And while I'm not really too keen on the idea of people sabotaging one another's efforts to win ... guess I may as well ask for clarification on this now rather than wait until it comes up in the middle of the race:

Q1. Can you choose a different attack each declaration? Or is the choice of attack locked in for the duration of the race? For example, if Marco attacks James with Gust on Turn 5 of the race, can he then opt to attack Jenny with Sand-Attack on Turn 8 of the race? Or is he locked into Gust for the remainder of the race?

Q2. If you are locked in for the duration of the race to an attack once declared, does that count as your attack for the plates at the 50-meter mark as well? Or is your plate attack separate from your combat attack? For example, can James use Flamethrower in combat but use Thunderbolt on the plates?

Q3. Are attacks locked in at the start of the race? Or can people use attacks they gain by teaching TMs, leveling up, etc? (This assumes in most cases that the race will take more than one week to complete.)

Q4. Does the use of an Electric-type attack against an opponent have the same effect that Electric-type attacks from the wildlife have? I assume not, but if they would, it's important to know that now.

Q5. Can attacks miss? (If so, is that determined by RNGing based on the moves' video game accuracy?)

Q6. Do moves have limited uses? If so, is that determined by PP? By trainer battle energy standards? Other?

Q7. What is the range on enemy attacks? For example, if somebody gets very bad rolls on Turn 1 and is only on square 5 of 100, and if somebody else gets very good rolls and is already on square 24 of 100, are the two players out of one another's reach? Or can their attacks still connect?

Q8. Assuming there is such a thing as range, is range determined by square count or by physical distance? For example, if one Pokemon is near the start line and another is near the finish line, even though they are over 80 race-squares apart, they're actually fairly close to one another distance-wise.

Q9. Are there any attacks which will be reffed as affecting multiple/all Pokémon in the vicinity of the attack? For example, does Thundershock only hit one thing but Surf hits anybody remotely near the wave?

Q10. What are the rules regarding the use of teleportation moves like Teleport? Can a Pokémon teleport themselves to the electric plates, get a Thunderstone, and then teleport themselves to the finish line?

Q11. What are the rules regarding theft of Thunderstones? Can a Pokémon use Thief, Covet, Trick, or any other move or stratagem to steal somebody's Thunderstone from them? (I assume this would be difficult to do given the built-in queue for the plates, but that might not stop somebody from trying something while they're in line. )

I could probably think up more but this is an awful lot. ^^;
This is the kind of clarificataion that never really came up in the past, so I will do my best to answer the questions given the way I plan to have attacks work.

Q1) you may use any attack in your movepool on any turn you choose. So if you want to use Gust on turn 5 and Sand-Attack on turn 8 you are free to do so as long as you do it before the turns come up. You are not locked into any particular moves during the race. However, be aware that some moves might not have much of an effect other than an aesthetic one. For example, Sunny Day isn't going to do much other than make it hotter. Also moves like Agility and other speed boosting moves will have no effect.

Q2) Since you are not locked into any particular moves for the race, you may use whatever move you desire when you reach the Raikou Statue.

Q3) You can only use attacks that are listed in your movepool when the race begins. I would guess that the race will take somewhere between 5-8 updates.

Q4) Electric Attacks and all attacks in general will have the same general effect of slowing an opponent down for a turn regardless of type or side effects associated with them. For example, a Thunder Wave will slow an opponent down for 2 spaces or meters in this case. A Tackle attack would also slow an opponent down for 2 spaces.

Q5) Attacks can miss, but it will be due to other circumstances like what kind of attack is used and where the two pokemon involved in the attack are on the track. I think the penalty for attacking another pokemon is already a pretty good deterent for this.

Q6) Moves will be unlimited in use since they will have the same effect regardless of how powerful they are. A Hyper Beam isn't going to affect other pokemon any differently than a Vine Whip from a mechanical standpoint. From an RP perspective it will have a significant difference.

Q7) For this I would say try to use some common sense. If a pokemon is 10 meters ahead of your pokemon, don't try to Tackle it. As you can see by the map, there are curves and corners as well. If a pokemon is not visible to your pokemon even a ranged attack could miss. I will be posting a pic of where everyones' pokemon are throughout the race. That should help people know who they can and cannot attack.

Q8 ) Range will be determined by Square Count or Meters. So no attacking someone who is at the finish line if you are at the starting line. Think of the track itself surrounded by walls on the sides that your pokemon cannot see over.

Q9) All attacks are 1 on 1. Using surf as an example, it would only hit the pokemon you are targeting as other pokeon that might be near that one will miraculously(GM Fiat) find a way to avoid being hit.

Q10) I completely forgot about that one. Teleportation and other movement type moves are forbidden and will result in disqualification. If someone uses a move that does something unexpected and unbalances the race, I will PM them and ask them to change it before updating.

Q11) This is another thing I never really thought of and could be an interesting addition, but for this race, any theft moves will not result in stealing a Thunderstone. They will merely slow an opponent down. If I run another race like this I will think about incorporating something like that though.

Hopefully this helps explain everything. Basically, just try to use common sense with most moves. A Quick Attack will give you a fast attack, but it will not advance you any more spaces than you already are going to move from the RNG. Physical Attacks should be done when you are close to another pokemon while Ranged Attacks are going to be a little more lenient.

Feel free to ask more questions if anyone has any.

Last edited by Stark; 02-06-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
Sneaze
Mrow?

I'll be using my Duskull, Marissa, for this race.

Marissa's Stats:

Duskull
Nickname:
Marissa
Level: 29
Beauty Points: 10
Contest Stats: 100 Smart
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm
Obtained: Bulbagarden Arcane Realm - Graveyard (lv.2)
Holding: Shadow Lance*
Evolutionary Track: Duskull -(level 37)> Dusclops -(Trade w/ Reaper Cloth)> Dusknoir
Ball: Pokeball
Moves: Leer (--), Night Shade (--), Disable (lv.6), Foresight (lv.9), Astonish (lv.14), Confuse Ray (lv.17), Shadow Sneak (lv.22), Pursuit (lv.25), Destiny Bond (EM), Faint Attack (EM), Grudge (EM), Imprison (EM), Memento (EM), Ominous Wind (EM), Pain Split (EM), Double-edge (MT), Mimic (MT), Psych Up (MT), Snore (MT), Attract (TM), Blizzard (TM), Bullet Seed (TM), Captivate (TM), Dark Pulse (TM), Dark Void (TM), Dragon Pulse (TM), Drain Punch (TM), Dynamic Punch (TM), Energy Ball (TM), Flamethrower (TM), Flash (TM), Fling (TM), Focus Blast (TM), Giga Drain (TM), Hidden Power Bug (TM), Hidden Power Dark (TM), Hidden Power Dragon (TM), Hidden Power Electric (TM), Hidden Power Fighting (TM), Hidden Power Fire (TM), Hidden Power Flying (TM), Hidden Power Ghost (TM), Hidden Power Grass (TM), Hidden Power Ground (TM), Hidden Power Ice (TM), Hidden Power Normal (TM), Hidden Power Poison (TM), Hidden Power Psychic (TM), Hidden Power Rock (TM), Hidden Power Steel (TM), Hidden Power Water (TM), Ice Beam (TM), Icy Wind (TM), Light Screen (TM), Mega Drain (TM), Moonlight (TM), Nightmare (TM), Protect (TM), Psychic (TM), Psywave (TM), Seed Flare (TM), Shadow Ball (TM), Shadow Claw (TM), Sludge Bomb (TM), Softboiled (TM), Swift (TM), Teleport (TM), Thunderbolt (TM), Thunder Wave (TM), Trick Room (TM), Water Pulse (TM), Zap Cannon (TM), Chocolate Bomb (CM)*, Fire Shield (CM)*, Unfinished Symphony (CM)*, Voodoo Bugaloo (CM)*

I'll be going with numbers 1, 8, and 6 for the first three turns.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #14
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I'm using my Gothita, his name is Baudelaire

Species: Gothita
Name: Baudelaire
Eyes Recoloured to red here.
Held Item: Bubbling Cauldron (stats here)
Level: Fifteen
Obtained: Starter Pokemon
Contest Stats: 10/10/10/10/10
Moves:
Pound
Confusion
Tickle
Fake Tears
DoubleSlap
Thunderbolt
Miracle Eye

I'm going to go with 6, 3, and 5 for my rolls for the first three turns.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #15
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge

"San-Sandile!" a small sand crocodile Pokémon said in excitement as she took a look at the field, with a young trainer bending down next to her as he then began to pat her head, "Just give it your best shot, you know I'll be proud of you whatever the outcome of this may be, but I know we can do this, Judis! Just think, if we win we will have another friend in our team!" Judis clapped her jaws happily at the thought of having another friend to play with, hopefully one that matched her level of energy. With her mind racing of what this new teammate could add to the team she raced to the starting line, ready to begin as soon as she heard the Thunder, with Rob looking on, nervous yet excited at seeing how well Judis would do.

OOC: I would like to enter Judis. I would also like to request numbers 6, 8, and 10. Good luck everyone!

Pokémon Species: Sandile Holding: Werewolf Fang
Nickname: Judis Gender: Female Level: 50 [Last Level Gain]
Ability: Intimidate Type: Ground/Dark Nature: Undecided
Beauty Points: 0 IQ: 1 Birthday: August 16
Contest Stats: 10 Beauty/10 Cool/10 Cute/10 Smart/10 Tough
Obtained: Met in a Cable Club trade with Hayward @ level 1
Level-Up Attacks: Leer (--), Rage (--), Bite (04), Sand-Attack (07), Torment (10), Sand Tomb (13), Assurance (16), Mud-Slap (19), Embargo (22), Swagger (25), Crunch (28), Dig (31), Scary Face (34), Foul Play (37), Sandstorm (40), Earthquake (43), Thrash (46)
Move Tutor Moves: Aqua Tail, Dark Pulse, Earth Power, Iron Tail, Snatch, Sleep Talk, Snore, Spite, Stealth Rock
Egg Moves: Double-Edge, Rock Climb, Pursuit, Uproar, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Beat Up, Focus Energy, Counter, Mean Look
Hidden Machine Moves: Cut
Technical Machine Moves: Hyper Beam
Advance Moves/Custom Moves: None
Itzatrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #16
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Each round, how many days will people have to reply before you roll the dice for the next turn? A fixed amount of days (e.g. 2 days)? Or will you wait for every last person to post before you roll the dice for the next round?

If the answer to the above is a fixed number of days, and if people do not select numbers for themselves before you advance us all to the next round, will they forfeit that turn? or will you randomly select numbers for them? If the latter, will there be any penalty incurred as a result of their not showing up to pick the numbers for themselves? (For example, 5 steps off of whatever the dice turned up in total for them? So like, if the dice say they advance by 27 steps, now they only advance by 22 steps. Still better than nothing!)
Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #17
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Each round, how many days will people have to reply before you roll the dice for the next turn? A fixed amount of days (e.g. 2 days)? Or will you wait for every last person to post before you roll the dice for the next round?

If the answer to the above is a fixed number of days, and if people do not select numbers for themselves before you advance us all to the next round, will they forfeit that turn? or will you randomly select numbers for them? If the latter, will there be any penalty incurred as a result of their not showing up to pick the numbers for themselves? (For example, 5 steps off of whatever the dice turned up in total for them? So like, if the dice say they advance by 27 steps, now they only advance by 22 steps. Still better than nothing!)
Since this is clearly addressed at me, I apologize again to everyone for holding things up. Things have been really hectic lately and while I would still like to participate and personally RP an intro, I won't have time until the weekend. I am also waiting on a couple TM purchases just in case (yes, I know this isn't official or anything, but I want to be prepared). If you all would rather get started though I can go ahead and enter my numbers (plus the Moves as "pending") for now.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

I meant to reply to this sooner. I apologize for not doing that. Once we get going, ideally I would like for people to post rather quickly so I can update the race at least once every two days. I won't hold a strict time limit because I know how difficult things can get in RL, but I also won't wait over a week. I might prod people with PMs if need be. The race itself will probably take at least a week to complete, so the faster the replies the faster the race will go.

In the case of Lilblue, I have already talked to her privately and have told her that I will wait for her before starting. So we will begin once she is ready. I have most of the first three rounds completed. All rolls are complete and the image is done. I just have to add in Lilblue's stuff when she is ready and add a little more flavor text.

In the case of someone just disappearing for a long time and not getting back to me after I PM them I will have their pokemon not move at all. Think of a trainer in battle who just stops giving orders. It will be a similar type of situation. The pokemon will give up racing if their trainer is no longer into it.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:42 AM   #19
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey It's off to the races!

Jessica was out shopping with some of her Pokémon at the White Market one day, when she came across a poster advertising a particularly pink petal Pokémon. It was Iris who pointed out the pretty flower print in the first place, crawling over her trainer's shoulder to get a better look. What attracted Jessica's attention though, were the details of how the winner of the critter was to be determined - not by today's typical trend of an auction, but by the original option of a race. And not just any race, but the amazing Raikou Race. Jess recalled how it had been hosted at the Hero's Festival (which, albeit eventually degraded to disaster, had been fun while it lasted), although she had passed it for a balloon game instead. Having surprisingly tied for first (thanks to her Azumarill's sharpshooting skills combined with a cunning strategy, if she did say so herself), she certainly didn't regret her decision, but always wondered what it would've been like to participate in the former. Perhaps now was her chance. Nevermind the prize itself.

As she pored over the fine print, she remembered part of why she had rejected it in the first place: At the time she had no Electric Pokémon who could withstand the shock hazard. However, hovering next to her was Waffle, as well as Blueberry carrying their newborn "daughter" Patty. (It was she who insisted on an outing so she could spoil her precious lil girl, and as a result had unfortunately ended up spending most of their savings towards opening a bakery.) As an electric stove, Jess was sure Waffle would have no problem handling the heat of competition, and his secret ingredient to success could slow the others down by whipping up some CHOCOLATE MAGIC.

Before she could suggest the idea to him though, a pair of brown heads barged before her. One of them scanned the words in a second and then turned to beg her trainer with big button eyes. Jessica balked a bit, knowing that while Doduo was built for speed, she was still a bird (not to mention a baby) who was weak to even the slightest static. Coco puffed with confidence though, and Jessica sighed, finding it impossible to say no to such eagerness.

Puff, on the other hand, didn't look quite as convinced as her sister. She shuffled her side nervously and quietly squawked an objection, but was quickly shushed by the sheer force from Coco's explosion of excitement as she began racing around in ecstatic circles. Puff tried desperately to catch her trainer's eye as she was dragged on a wild stampede through the square, knocking over stalls on the way. Jessica winced and simply shrugged in apology, surreptitiously making her way over to the sign-up booth. Based on the schedule, the stand should have already been in the process of closing up, but Jessica managed to slip by (after first failing to signal) the stopped awareness of the slackjawed attendant who was watching the scene, and barely squeezed her name in at the bottom of the sheet.

-

“Come on, guys, we’re gonna be late for the race!”

Jessica glanced back to see what was keeping Coco Puff, and sweatdropped when she saw the second had stubbornly wrapped her neck around a pole to prevent further progression. Coco pulled and prodded and even pecked in frustration, but Puff refused to budge. She coughed and claimed she was too sick to run, complaining of hurt feet and fatigue from getting up early every morning to train (in addition to the rigorous regimen coach Coco normally forced upon her), which of course had no persuasion since her sister would’ve shared the symptoms. Jessica scratched her skull, wondering how to resolve this situation. As much as she didn’t want to force her Pokémon to do something she didn’t want to do, she knew how much Coco had been looking forward to this day. Plus part of the reason Coco pushed Puff so hard was probably because she was trying to help her shy, shut-in sister come out of her shell, in her own way. Besides, there was one goal they had in common, and getting in shape seemed like the sensible starting course for it.

Despite Jessica’s best efforts to explain sense to both sides and coax a compromise between the two, Puff stayed firmly put. At that point Coco began to cry, and Puff looked culpable, digging her talon into the dirt as she debated what to do. Despite her great distaste for all forms of exercise, she didn’t dream to disappoint her sibling either. Jessica decided to add one more incentive by breaking out the big guns, reaching into a bag she had been saving specially should such circumstances call for it...

“Would you do it for a box of Cocoa Puffs?”

Coco’s head immediately snapped up (had she only been pretending to sob?) and strained to reach the treats. Puff shot her sister a dark look, but couldn’t resist the temptation either. Slowly she relinquished her hold and joined Coco in vying and trying to grab the container out of Jess’s hands, succeeding in nibbling at the corners. The girl had to hold it high almost on tiptoe, grateful the tiny twins weren’t too tall yet. She was sure once they reached full adult height they’d have no problem plucking things from her palms.

“All right, all right, you guys can have some now. Calm down.” She giggled, carefully maneuvering the cardboard in order to tip out a couple of its contents, which Coco snapped and gulped greedily, whereas Puff waited patiently for her portion to be offered, taking it delicately in her beak. Although confused as to the appeal of such commercial grains, Jessica smiled as she watched the two happily consume them. (At least there was no sugar on the surface, or she would’ve had to constantly wipe her hands. Gross, the girl grimaced at the thought.) If there was one thing Puff could look forward to waking at the crack of dawn every day, it was a big bowl of Cocoa Puffs for breakfast before heading out for a jog (which was Coco’s preferred part – but not by much, and only because she’d sneak some chocolate balls from the table and bring them along as snacks for refuel).

Once both sides were satisfied, they apologized to each other and agreed to attempt some level of cooperation. Whether they could actually put that temporary coordination to the test was another story, but Jess supposed they’d simply see once they got to the track.

By the time they arrived at the course, all the other contestants were already there and waiting for them in order to commence. Jessica flushed as she ushered her feathered friend(s) to the starting gate, thanking the ref in red for not disqualifying her and bowing in penance to the rest. She patted her partner(s) on the back, wishing them a word of luck before taking her place beside the other trainers. She could see Coco scratching the earth with enthusiasm, sneering at the Stunfisk in the next lane whilst Puff nodded politely to a Misdreavus, asking her to please go easy on them. As they all anxiously anticipated the signal, Jess set the box of cereal she was still carrying aside and pulled out a pack of popcorn for herself, courtesy of Waffle’s culinary convenience. She invited anyone else who was hungry to partake as well, as she had brought enough of either to go around.

A beat, followed by a flash. Coco shot forth as if out of a cannon, as did all those around, leaving poor Puff bobbing and spinning in a cloud of dust as she struggled to keep pace, being practically propelled forward by external force. Jessica sweatdropped again as she cheered through a mouthful of kernels, secretly wondering just how well this plan would go…

Coco Puff Lv. 1
Birthdate: July 27
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Early Bird
Poké Ball: Poké Ball
Hold Item: Chick Bonnet/Bunny Bonnet
Beauty (Happiness) Points: 8

Level Up Moves:
Peck
Growl
Quick Attack

Rage - Lv. 10
Fury Attack - Lv. 14
Pursuit - Lv. 19
Uproar - Lv. 23
Icy Wind - Lv. 28
Acupressure - Lv. 28
Double Hit - Lv. 32
Agility - Lv. 37
Drill Peck - Lv. 41
Endeavor - Lv. 46
Thrash - Lv. 50

MT/Advanced Moves:
Body Slam
Double-Edge
Mimic
Substitute
Snore
Endure

Mud-Slap**
Swagger
Sleep Talk
Swift
Air Cutter
Knock Off
Uproar
Roost

Egg Moves:
Supersonic
Haze
Faint Attack
Flail
Mirror Move
Brave Bird
Natural Gift
Assurance

TMs/HMs/Custom Moves:
Whirlwind**
Toxic
Take Down
Double Team
Reflect
Bide
Skull Bash
Sky Attack
Rest
Tri Attack*
Curse
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Protect
Frustration
Return
Attract
Thief
Steel Wing
Rain Dance
Aerial Ace
Facade
Secret Power
Captivate
Natural Gift
Pluck
Round
Echoed Voice
Work Up

Fly

** Pending confirmation of purchases here.

Choosing numbers 2, 2, & 2 for the first three turns.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 01-24-2021 at 07:19 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #20
Stark
Rainbow Badge

And We're Racing...!!!

The trainer in the red coat steps forward with his trusty Luxray by his side as the other trainers release their pokemon giving them encouragement and in the case of a certain diabolical Stunfisk, a command. “Alright racers! On your marks! Get set!” the blond trainer with the bouncing cherubi on his shoulder began to shout. On the next moment the large Luxray next to him lit up in static bringing a huge blast of lightning down from the sky in a thunderous boom to signal the 'Go.'

Round 1 results
Tyoyo and Neville: 6 meters (-1 meters for attack resulting in 5 meters)
Sneasel and Marissa: 5 meters
Talon and Misdreavous: 6 meters
Kaisap and Elmira: 3 meters (-2 meters for being attacked resulting in 1 meter)
Itzatrap and Judis: 1 meter
Kairne and Baudelaire: 1 meter
Lilblue and Coco Puff: 3 meters

Neville the Stunfisk takes his cue and leaps into the air unleashing a Shock Wave at Elmira the Luxio. The blast catches the little lion completely off guard causing her to stumble and fall into Baudlaire the Gothita and eventually on top of Judis the Sandile right out of the gate. Coco the one half of the Doduo steps out of the gate quickly while Puff looks back almost apologetically at the misfortune Elmira, Baudelaire, and Judis seemed to suffer causing the bird to lose a few steps with both heads not working together as one. Meanwhile the ghosts Misdreavous and Marissa the Duskull break out to an early lead having been able to avoid the chaos caused by Neville. Both float to an early lead with Misdreavous taking the slight edge in the early going when suddenly a flat electric pokemon flops down next to Marissa with what could only be described as a devilish grin on its otherwise dopey looking face.

Stats
Talon and Misdreavous: 6 meters (44 meters to Raikou. 94 meters to finish)
Sneasel and Marissa: 5 meters (45 meters to Raikou. 95 meters to finish)
Tyoyo and Neville: 5 meters (45 meters to Raikou statue. 95 meters to finish)
Lilblue and Coco Puff: 3 meters (47 meters to Raikou. 93 meters to finish)
Kaisap and Elmira: 1 meter (49 meters to Raikou. 99 meters to finish)
Itzatrap and Judis: 1 meters (49 meters to Raikou. 99 meters to finish)
Kairne and Baudelaire: 1 meters (49 meters to Raikou. 99 meters to finish)

Round 1 RNG Results
1: 5
2: 3
3: 1
4: 4
5: 6
6: 1
7: 3
8: 3
9: 1
10: 6

Round 2 results
Tyoyo and Neville: 10 meters
Sneasel and Marissa: 1 meter
Talon and Misdrevous: 5 meters
Kaisap and Elmira: 7 meters
Itzatrap and Judis: 1 meter
Kairne and Baudelaire: 5 meters
Lilblue and Coco Puff: 3 meters

Showing the unexpected speed its pokedex entry boasts about, Neville flops ahead of his competition with a number of quick leaps. Misdreavous remains calm and continues her steady pace unafraid to let the proverbial rabbits do their thing. Marissa the Duskull, however, can hardly believe what she is seeing and doesn't even realize that she has nearly stopped in her tracks at the sight of the Stunfisk taking the lead so quickly. Coco and Puff continue to race ahead, but still seem to be in a little off prompting Coco to give Puff a slight peck to regain her focus so the two of them can win the race. Back at the pile up, Elmira has managed to recover quite quickly and despite the setback puts on an impressive little burst of speed to get back into the race passing by the slowing Marissa and the off kilter Doduo in the process. Baudelaire also seems to have gotten his bearings after a rough start and races ahead to the point where he is now neck and neck with Marissa. Having been buried under Baudelaire and Elmira, Judis is the last to get to his feet and finds himself with a lot of ground to make up early on. Still, the little Sandile shows his determination as he races after the others

Stats
Tyoyo and Neville: 14 meters (35 meters to Raikou statue. 85 meters to finish)
Talon and Misdreavous: 10 meters (40 meters to Raikou. 90 meters to finish)
Kaisap and Elmira: 8 meters (42 meters to Raikou. 92 meters to finish)
Lilblue and Coco Puff: 6 meters (44 meters to Raikou. 94 meters to finish)
Sneasel and Marissa: 6 meters (44 meters to Raikou. 94 meters to finish)
Kairne and Baudelaire: 6 meters (44 meters to Raikou. 94 meters to finish)
Itzatrap and Judis: 2 meters (48 meters to Raikou. 98 meters to finish)

Round 2 RNG Results
1: 5
2: 3
3: 5
4: 7
5: 10
6: 2
7: 4
8: 1
9: 2
10: 1

Round 3 results
Tyoyo and Neville: 5 meters (Thundershocked at beginning of next round for -2 meters)
Sneasel and Marissa: 10 meters
Talon and Misdreavous: 5 meters
Kaisap and Elmira: 5 meters
Itzatrap and Judis: 9 meters
Kairne and Baudelaire: 5 meters
Lilblue and Coco Puff: 4 meters (Thundershocked at beginning of next round for -2 meters)

Having taken the early lead, Neville the Stunfisk continues to flop his way toward victory. Or so he thought. Unfortunately, it would seem that the flat trap pokemon might have been marveling a little too much at his own cleverness that he didn't notice the Electrike on the side of the course who zapped him with a Thundshock. Realizing that she is falling behind from not paying attention to what she was doing, Marissa the Duskull gets her head back into the game and in an impressive burst of speed passes by those who had caught up to her and finds herself neck and neck again with Misdreavous who is continuing to run a steady race. One has to wonder if the tortoise strategy will be successful or if Misdreavous has something else up her sleeve for later in the race. Elmira the Luxio starts to slow slightly after her quick attempt to catch up to the others and has settled in nicely behind the pair of ghosts. Fortunately, the setback at the beginning of the race hasn't hurt her too much. Baudelaire has also found himself a nice steady pace. Not too fast. Not too slow. Something just right. Judis the Sandile has found himself in quite the hole to begin the race, but that isn't enough to deter the croc. Much like the others, Judis exhibits a nice little burst of speed which allows him to catch up to Baudelaire. Coco and Puff soon find themselves in a bit of a disagreement as all of the other pokemon begin to pass them by. Just as they are about to get it together a small electric squirrel sneaks through an opening in the wall and surprises them with a Thundershock.

Stats
Tyoyo and Neville: 20 meters (30 meters to Raikou statue. 80 meters to finish)
Sneasel and Marissa: 16 meters (34 meters to Raikou. 84 meters to finish)
Talon and Misdreavous: 16 meters (34 meters to Raikou. 84 meters to finish)
Kaisap and Elmira: 13 meters (37 meters to Raikou. 87 meters to finish)
Itzatrap and Judis: 11 meters (39 meters to Raikou. 87 meters to finish)
Kairne and Baudelaire: 11 meters (39 meters to Raikou. 89 meters to finish)
Lilblue and Coco Puff: 10 meters (40 meters to Raikou. 90 meters to finish)

Round 3 RNG Results
1: 8
2: 4
3:10
4: 6
5: 5
6: 10
7: 5
8: 5
9: 10
10: 9

Please post your numbers and/or moves for the next 3 rounds.

Last edited by Stark; 02-13-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #21
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Looks like a close race so far...

Requesting numbers 4, 9 and 2.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #22
Sneaze
Mrow?

Well that was an interesting turn of events...

Number 8, 5, and 9 for me please.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #23
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge

Go, Judis! Go! You can do it!

I would like numbers 2, 5 and 7 please!
Itzatrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #24
Toyo
hail

Well done, Neville. Choosing 5, 5, and 5 once again. Shock Waving Sneezey's Duskull in stage 1.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #25
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Was planning to start RPing in this post but wow, everyone else is itching to post their numbers, so I guess I will too!

For my next three numbers, I would like 4, 9, and 3. Thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out