UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #1076
lilbluecorsola
Snek fam
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for time
Posts: 4,509
Sableye This is not the end, this is not the beginning...

Sky Gate

Shadowshocker – Though you criticize the crow just as much as it condemns you, you make an attempt at compassion. The Murkrow’s methods may be even more distasteful to your palate than its physical diet, but there is no denying it was simply trying to fulfill its duty as a friend. As for you, well… You feel the same way. Why refuse a request from someone whom you’ve already demonstrated some degree of sincere care and concern towards? Here is your chance to prove devotion once and for all. Plus, after all you’ve been through together… You truly wish him well on his journey to wherever he’s going, and to see him off on it yourself.

Of course, you’re not the only one. Surely Taryn would want to bid her farewells as well, for she shares the same sad history. So you take his hand and lead him behind the booth, where she awaits with a smile. Soothing the lad’s hair, she scolds him mildly for running off so long ago before giving him a hug, without reservation or regard for his lack of heat. Murkrow shuffles uncomfortably out of the way as her arms approach, and at this point you notice another man standing by: the one who commanded the performance earlier. He inclines his hat politely.

Upon informing the woman of the situation, she eagerly accepts the task. She parades your group across the grounds towards the ride, which is unfortunately closing as soon as you get there. Taryn cuts straight across the velvet rope and demands to speak to the director, glaring the stammering attendant into submission.

As if on cue, an elderly gentleman carrying a cane comes to see what all the fuss is about. He and his admins hold a private conversation, and he twists his moustache in thought before nodding in understanding. Spreading his palms wide, he welcomes Jacob aboard his beautiful vessel, which he taps with his staff to open before bowing. Jacob giggles, and you hear him whisper in confidence: “He kinda reminds me of my father.”

He then glimpses up at you, a gesture you assume out of nervousness, and so make to accompany. He tugs your sleeve and shakes his head though.

“Thanks so much for bringing me. I think I’d rather go alone from here. …By myself.” At the second insistence, he glances meaningfully at Murkrow, who looks aghast at his suggestion. It scuffles and scoffs, seeking desperately for support.

Taryn’s colleague steps forward and leans down to communicate with the crow on its level. You can’t hear what he’s saying, but eventually the Murkrow appears to grudgingly accept. Without warning, it incites flight and speeds off over the mountains. You startle at the abandonment, both of the boy and its boss, who is still clutched in Novawing’s claws. (Come to think of it, you had nearly forgotten its presence, but it should be free to go once it wakes anyway.) Jacob watches it disappear with disappointment, but bucks up and beams at you.

“Guess it’s a good thing Doldrum’s not going with me either. The wind would probably be bad for him. He might float away. Besides, you’ve both done more than enough…”

He bites his lip, and you can tell he’s trying to be strong for everyone else’s benefit. He’s scared, and who can blame him? You touch his shoulder, assuring you’re not going anywhere. You will be there for him at least, watching over from below. The others bob in agreement.

He blinks back tears, then grins and embraces. You find his flesh feels firmer, warmer, and weightier, almost fully that of a human child. “Thanks a lot, mister. This has been the best Birthday ever.”

Doldrum drifts down to wraps his strings around Jacob as well, expanding his hearts to envelop both of you. After a tender moment, Jacob pulls back and searches in his pocket, retrieving the brown blob from before. Though Doldrum pales at the prospect of another force-feeding, you realize the ration looks a lot fresher for some reason. In fact, like its owner, who wipes the item carefully with his sleeve prior to presenting, affection seems to cause it to restore rapidly, reaching simply slight spoilage. From years to months to days to hours, to a mere matter of minutes or seconds following discard. Despite being half-hollow, the now easily recognizable apple core shines bright red and brilliant, almost making your own appetite drool.

“Here, Doldrum. You can have this. Thanks for being such a good sport.”

He hands the Leftovers to Doldrum, who graciously receives the gift. Jacob tucks his own present close to his belly and turns with resolve, having resolved any last regrets. (Maybe one might’ve lingered, but it didn’t matter much now. Not when the rest were restless, waiting to move forward.)

“Okay, I’m ready.”

He embarks confidently onto the craft. All ties cut loose, giving way. The ferry rises, and your head slants back to track its journey across the river’s mirror, deepening blue. You spy Jacob waving from afar, and you signal back, before elevation and sun prevents sight.

At the peak, you hear a quiet caw in the distance. Shielding your gaze, you slide it to discover that stars have surprisingly already begun to emerge. Only, their colors are opposed. Instead of sparkling white, polar pinpoints of black loom on the horizon. As their sizes swell and numbers spread out, you soon identify the familiar stormcloud as the flock of Murkrow. They circle around the soaring sphere, contrasting its happy spectrum with their single dull slate shade. Yet, their coordinated movements and message behind them are magnificent to behold, and the sound of admiration whistles beside you.

A loud squawk also expresses, and you spot the earthbound Murkrow stirring at last to the cries of its cohorts. As it slowly grasps the circumstances, it struggles to join the others in orbit, but Nova keeps a tight grip, sensing it is too weak to soar yet. It can only observe the happenings helplessly in horror. In a way, you sympathize with its plight, forcing your own fists and vocal cords to remain at rest. For what else can you do?

Gradually, the display descends in perfect unison. Upon landing, you fight through the feathers to peer into the basket, from which the captain departs, but no more. He is holding your jacket, scarf, and glasses however, and passes them to you without word.

There is a heavy, yet paradoxically uplifting silence in the air as all eyes continue to stare at the sky. Taryn conceals her face, and you wonder, having been the closest to Jacob in the tragic past, and now a character caught up in such a strange story’s current, what her sentiments must be on the subject. Relief? Sorrow? Something else? Examining someone else’s emotions staves your own thoughts, which threaten to clog your throat… One thing’s for certain, you’ve become more deeply involved in this whole mess than just a bystander whose balloon got stolen. Somehow, you’ve gone from the victim to the hero, which isn’t a bad accomplishment for a day’s work. What started with losing one companion turned into making another, and yes, perhaps you will miss him.

Not to mention the Murkrow, who are likely the main affected right now. They mill aimlessly about, unsure what to do with themselves. Novawing gently releases his captive, who chirps once or twice to its subordinates to confirm what occurred, and droops listlessly at their response.

Suddenly, their stupor is interrupted by clapping. The source of awkward applause is the younger man, who despite his sophisticated demeanor is painfully aware of his out-of-placement. Still, he manages a cheerful expression.

“That was a fantastic exhibition. Say, how would you guys like to come and work with me from now on? Your skills could be put to great use in showmanship.” He clears his throat, pointing in the direction of the clouds. “I’m sure your pal would love to see that routine again.”

The Murkrow regard each other in bewilderment, then their head, who ponders the proposal. One of the underlings pipes up, and by its impression you believe it to be the member who shadowed you. The leader listens closely, and after further deliberation, politely extends a wing to offer its services collaboration. However, it puffs up its chest proudly, as if to proclaim it will partake this time.

“Excellent. My name’s Michael by the way, pleased to make all your acquaintances. If you’ll follow my associate, she’ll take you to where we’ll present.” Upon address, Taryn perks up and straightens her skirt, prepared to perfectly play the part of hostess once again. Blowing her whistle, she boldly marches the Murkrow off like little lost ducklings. The apparently rather absentminded director tags along as well (leaving a poor, very confused employee to pack up), eager to see this spectacle from a ground view.

You notice the lone known bird from before stop and glower at you for a beat. It opens its beak and then promptly shuts it, rushing to catch up with its comrades. Michael stays behind briefly, chuckling.

“That one, it saw how much fun that kid was having today, especially when it was participating onstage. And it admitted to enjoying itself as well. I was observing it during the start of the act since it wasn’t part of my team, it is a natural-born acrobat. So are the others.”

A wink. “Thought you should know, it trusted you enough to look after the leader while it went to get its buddies to say goodbye. I don’t know what you said earlier, but I think it took it to heart. Who knows, maybe it wanted to thank you.

Anyway, don’t worry, we’ll take it from here. Our organization has a lot of experience dealing with death after all. Taryn too, she’s strong. She’ll be all right.”

Checking his watch, he adds: “I’d better hurry, the final event begins soon.” He shakes your hand, patting your back slightly at the same time. “You’re free to come too if you like, since Taryn tells me you missed most of the show earlier. Otherwise, it’s been nice meeting you.”

With that, he salutes smartly before hurrying off.

What will you do now?


The Space Path

tau¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Rose Arch

DaisyInari¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Stardust Fields

Poke_Hunter¤Link to Your Last Update¤

Flame Mistress¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Cloud Forest

Charminions¤Link to Your Last Update¤

takkupanda¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Fountain Garden

Talon87 & dosuser¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Rock Garden

blazeVA¤Link to Your Last Update¤

RoseradeX¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Forbidden Garden

Treepandaone¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Rainbow Waterfalls

Celebii151¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Oasis

Kori Gotcha¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

“Two heads are better than one.”
- John Heywood, Proverbs


First feat: Face-about, flee. Finding few flattering facts from flavor font, feel forlorn. Factoring friends’ fortes, figure flight favorable.

Free from forewarning, trip. …Trip? Thou turnst to track the trench that triggered thee to falter. There transpires the tiny fellow thou formerly followedst to this twisted terrain. The Trapinch flags from the tunnel, tempting forth. Trust the traitor that fathered this fine fix?

Flygon fires. Too tardy to think! Tuck, tumble to the foxhole. The flames travel topwise, faintly touching thy tresses. Fibers frizz, though the tall filth fence foils total frying.

Fearless, thou teasest the frustrated foe. Flaunt tongue, flail fingers, then thumb tip, three taunts together. Take that!

The Flygon frowns, then flaps furiously. The fortress flattens, fades, failing to fend. FOCUSing force, the Flygon forms further, fuller flames. Tensing for fate, thy fists tighten. Farewell.

To thy fortune, the Trapinch flashes forward, tackling Flygon. This tampers the fireball’s trajectory, transmitting far from thy flank. Flygon twists, thumping tail to the Trapinch’s face. Trapinch flies, falling flipside. The fiend towers, threatening to flambé the floundering treat…

Forsake the troubled Trapinch?
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Old 01-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #1077
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
Hey guys, I'll be your new updator now, taking over from tau. I know that these may be a little short, but I am still trying to get back in the hang of updating, so they will more than likely improve in the future.

The Fountain Garden

OkikuMew

You look down at the remains of the device that the Rocket had accidentally destroyed. What could he have been up to with it? By all regards it looked like nothing more than some sort of shock collar, but it had to be more than that, didn't it? You weigh the pieces in your hand, trying to see if maybe their weight would give something away. But, unfortunately, there was nothing that you could tell just by its weight. It just doesn't seem to add up, what was that man going to do to Staryu? Maybe Doctor Kaku would have an idea about what this thing is, sure he may be a specialist on water pokemon but he was still a scientist wasn't he?

Meanwhile, the Staryu was flexing its arms, the potion starting to kick in. It was happy to be out of that cage, especially considering that man was going to do something to him that was definitely not going to be fun for it. It looks over at you, well at least you think it looks over at you, Staryus don't exactly have eyes. It walks over to you, looking rather grateful, or at least you think it does, and stands in front of you, waving its arms, to try and signify something. You continue to look at the starfish pokemon, not entirely sure of what it wants. Realising that you don't get the message, Staryu points at Rawk and then at one of the balls hanging from your backpack, which makes the message click in your head.

What will you do?
Thanks for continuing my adventure, PG! I hope the adventure goes just as how Tau wanted it ^^


Okiku picked up and checked the device the poacher dropped, unfortunately (or fortunately) now destroyed. All it looked like was some kind of shock collar, but the trainer had a feeling it was more than it seemed. She thought perhaps Doctor Kaku would have a better estimate of the machine than her, being a scientist.

She then turned her attention to the freed Staryu, looking a lot more lively. It's core was in Okiku's direction and his movements seemed to suggest it wants to say something, so she leaned over it.

"What is it?" she asked.

As the star-shaped Pokémon happily approached the girl, he started to wave its rays in a particular way. Okiku tilted her head, confused.

"Guys, anyone wants to translate what it's trying to say?" she asked Max and Rawk.

The Poochyena and the Starly barked and chiped in unison to her, creating a bit of a cacophony.

"...Nevermind that I asked," she slapped her forehead.

Understanding she couldn't comprehend it, the Staryu pointed at Rawk, then at one of her empty Pokéballs hanging on her backpack. Okiku widened her eyes, thinking she finally knows what it wanted... or at least partly.

"You... you want to join us, do you?" she soothingly said while slowly tilting her head. "Are you sure? ...Well," she gently put her hands on her hips, smiling on the corner of her lips, "I don't see why I should say no! Question is... Do you want to come with us now, or... you want a little challenge first?" she abruptly tilted her head in Rawk's direction.

Knowing what could be coming, the bird Pokémon proudly puffed up his feathers, squawking loudly in a 'come at me bro' kind of way. As for Okiku, she quickly prepared herself for both possible answers from the star-shaped Pokémon: She plucked out her Lure Ball out of her backpack, ready to be carefully thrown at the Staryu if it wants to join her team immediately, but in case the starfish actually desired a battle first, she whipped up in her mind her first orders to be given to her Starly instead of throwing the capturing device right away. Not sure exactly what the water type have in store, she decided to follow a basic strategy of using Double Team to confuse it about Rawk's real position, throw it in a Twister then jump in for a Quick Attack while being slightly dizzy.
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 01-21-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Forgot to put the link for my Lure Ball...
OkikuMew is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #1078
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,010
OOC: Just to establish this, the Pokemon I have with me on this adventure are as follows:
Maxwell; Buizel
Euen; Shuckle
N/A; Geodude
I can't put any of these pokemon in shops, as they are being used in a zone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
“What do you mean?” She asks looking slightly confused, “Everyone gets a Pokémon to protect them as soon as they pass the Trials, silly!” She seems to state the “Trials” as a matter of fact, but before you get a chance to ask what the trials are, you make it to the sign that you saw not long ago. “Okay, this way!” Jamie says, rushing to the side that pointed to the remains of the tribe.

The infinite amount of sand particles from the sandstorm hit your goggles and face quite hard as you follow Jamie across it, mouth closed with you trying to cover it as well. Jamie seems to have less trouble walking through this than you as if she’s done this her whole life, though she still struggles moving forward when strong waves of dust sweep by. It isn’t long until the sandstorm dies down as you keep walking forward, and you see rock structures littered in front of you. “There! There it is!” Jamie points you in the direction of the structures, which look like old stone houses that have been blown away by time except for what appears to be the outlines of the houses made of stones that lay as the foundation, with rocks littered all around. “Pixie, come on out!” The fiery fox yaps happily as she is freed from the Pokéball, “Get to work Pixie, we have a bug to find!” “Vul!” she responds before sniffing around, and that’s when you feel something, not sure what, watching you. You take a look around and see nothing but the rocks littered across this place and Jamie, and shrug the feeling, that’s when you hear Pixie growling, and then turn to see her growling at a rock, almost cone shaped, with part of it underneath the ground. It seems like Pixie thinks that something is inside that rock, though there are other rocks like it in the area around you. It might not be time efficient to check them one by one, unless you have a plan to check them all, but Pixie seems to think something is inside this particular rock...

What will you do?

“What exactly are the Tri-“James began to say before being cut off. Jamie pointed to the sign and then ran off again, knowing the way to go. James followed obediently, as he had done many times in this adventure. He adjusted the goggle straps just to make sure before going onwards.

And thank Arceus he did. The sand that was hitting his goggles alone was enough to make him flinch. Jamie seemed to be at home in the sand, and James couldn’t help but question her sanity. It slowly dies down, but not by much in James’ eyes. Jamie summoned her familiar fire fox to help her, and the pup begins searching around for the Dwebble they were hunting for. James began looking as well, sensing a set of eyes watching him. Eventually, however, James has a stroke of genius… before Pixie began barking. James turned around to see the rock before ignoring it temporarily. “Jamie! I have an idea!” James brought out his bag and began shuffling through it before finding a Black Flute and a White Flute. “These two flutes are pretty special. The black one repels pokémon- which might make a pokémon flee from its hiding place- and the white one brings pokémon towards us, meaning a certain sneaky bug will come see what the sound is. It’s your choice to which one we use.” James held out the two flutes to Jamie, and whichever one she picked he would play.
__________________
Toyo is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #1079
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
[COLOR="LightBlue"]Sky Gate

Shadowshocker – Though you criticize the crow just as much as it condemns you, you make an attempt at compassion. The Murkrow’s methods may be even more distasteful to your palate than its physical diet, but there is no denying it was simply trying to fulfill its duty as a friend. As for you, well… You feel the same way. Why refuse a request from someone whom you’ve already demonstrated some degree of sincere care and concern towards? Here is your chance to prove devotion once and for all. Plus, after all you’ve been through together… You truly wish him well on his journey to wherever he’s going, and to see him off on it yourself.

Of course, you’re not the only one. Surely Taryn would want to bid her farewells as well, for she shares the same sad history. So you take his hand and lead him behind the booth, where she awaits with a smile. Soothing the lad’s hair, she scolds him mildly for running off so long ago before giving him a hug, without reservation or regard for his lack of heat. Murkrow shuffles uncomfortably out of the way as her arms approach, and at this point you notice another man standing by: the one who commanded the performance earlier. He inclines his hat politely.

Upon informing the woman of the situation, she eagerly accepts the task. She parades your group across the grounds towards the ride, which is unfortunately closing as soon as you get there. Taryn cuts straight across the velvet rope and demands to speak to the director, glaring the stammering attendant into submission.

As if on cue, an elderly gentleman carrying a cane comes to see what all the fuss is about. He and his admins hold a private conversation, and he twists his moustache in thought before nodding in understanding. Spreading his palms wide, he welcomes Jacob aboard his beautiful vessel, which he taps with his staff to open before bowing. Jacob giggles, and you hear him whisper in confidence: “He kinda reminds me of my father.”

He then glimpses up at you, a gesture you assume out of nervousness, and so make to accompany. He tugs your sleeve and shakes his head though.

“Thanks so much for bringing me. I think I’d rather go alone from here. …By myself.” At the second insistence, he glances meaningfully at Murkrow, who looks aghast at his suggestion. It scuffles and scoffs, seeking desperately for support.

Taryn’s colleague steps forward and leans down to communicate with the crow on its level. You can’t hear what he’s saying, but eventually the Murkrow appears to grudgingly accept. Without warning, it incites flight and speeds off over the mountains. You startle at the abandonment, both of the boy and its boss, who is still clutched in Novawing’s claws. (Come to think of it, you had nearly forgotten its presence, but it should be free to go once it wakes anyway.) Jacob watches it disappear with disappointment, but bucks up and beams at you.

“Guess it’s a good thing Doldrum’s not going with me either. The wind would probably be bad for him. He might float away. Besides, you’ve both done more than enough…”

He bites his lip, and you can tell he’s trying to be strong for everyone else’s benefit. He’s scared, and who can blame him? You touch his shoulder, assuring you’re not going anywhere. You will be there for him at least, watching over from below. The others bob in agreement.

He blinks back tears, then grins and embraces. You find his flesh feels firmer, warmer, and weightier, almost fully that of a human child. “Thanks a lot, mister. This has been the best Birthday ever.”

Doldrum drifts down to wraps his strings around Jacob as well, expanding his hearts to envelop both of you. After a tender moment, Jacob pulls back and searches in his pocket, retrieving the brown blob from before. Though Doldrum pales at the prospect of another force-feeding, you realize the ration looks a lot fresher for some reason. In fact, like its owner, who wipes the item carefully with his sleeve prior to presenting, affection seems to cause it to restore rapidly, reaching simply slight spoilage. From years to months to days to hours, to a mere matter of minutes or seconds following discard. Despite being half-hollow, the now easily recognizable apple core shines bright red and brilliant, almost making your own appetite drool.

“Here, Doldrum. You can have this. Thanks for being such a good sport.”

He hands the Leftovers to Doldrum, who graciously receives the gift. Jacob tucks his own present close to his belly and turns with resolve, having resolved any last regrets. (Maybe one might’ve lingered, but it didn’t matter much now. Not when the rest were restless, waiting to move forward.)

“Okay, I’m ready.”

He embarks confidently onto the craft. All ties cut loose, giving way. The ferry rises, and your head slants back to track its journey across the river’s mirror, deepening blue. You spy Jacob waving from afar, and you signal back, before elevation and sun prevents sight.

At the peak, you hear a quiet caw in the distance. Shielding your gaze, you slide it to discover that stars have surprisingly already begun to emerge. Only, their colors are opposed. Instead of sparkling white, polar pinpoints of black loom on the horizon. As their sizes swell and numbers spread out, you soon identify the familiar stormcloud as the flock of Murkrow. They circle around the soaring sphere, contrasting its happy spectrum with their single dull slate shade. Yet, their coordinated movements and message behind them are magnificent to behold, and the sound of admiration whistles beside you.

A loud squawk also expresses, and you spot the earthbound Murkrow stirring at last to the cries of its cohorts. As it slowly grasps the circumstances, it struggles to join the others in orbit, but Nova keeps a tight grip, sensing it is too weak to soar yet. It can only observe the happenings helplessly in horror. In a way, you sympathize with its plight, forcing your own fists and vocal cords to remain at rest. For what else can you do?

Gradually, the display descends in perfect unison. Upon landing, you fight through the feathers to peer into the basket, from which the captain departs, but no more. He is holding your jacket, scarf, and glasses however, and passes them to you without word.

There is a heavy, yet paradoxically uplifting silence in the air as all eyes continue to stare at the sky. Taryn conceals her face, and you wonder, having been the closest to Jacob in the tragic past, and now a character caught up in such a strange story’s current, what her sentiments must be on the subject. Relief? Sorrow? Something else? Examining someone else’s emotions staves your own thoughts, which threaten to clog your throat… One thing’s for certain, you’ve become more deeply involved in this whole mess than just a bystander whose balloon got stolen. Somehow, you’ve gone from the victim to the hero, which isn’t a bad accomplishment for a day’s work. What started with losing one companion turned into making another, and yes, perhaps you will miss him.

Not to mention the Murkrow, who are likely the main affected right now. They mill aimlessly about, unsure what to do with themselves. Novawing gently releases his captive, who chirps once or twice to its subordinates to confirm what occurred, and droops listlessly at their response.

Suddenly, their stupor is interrupted by clapping. The source of awkward applause is the younger man, who despite his sophisticated demeanor is painfully aware of his out-of-placement. Still, he manages a cheerful expression.

“That was a fantastic exhibition. Say, how would you guys like to come and work with me from now on? Your skills could be put to great use in showmanship.” He clears his throat, pointing in the direction of the clouds. “I’m sure your pal would love to see that routine again.”

The Murkrow regard each other in bewilderment, then their head, who ponders the proposal. One of the underlings pipes up, and by its impression you believe it to be the member who shadowed you. The leader listens closely, and after further deliberation, politely extends a wing to offer its services collaboration. However, it puffs up its chest proudly, as if to proclaim it will partake this time.

“Excellent. My name’s Michael by the way, pleased to make all your acquaintances. If you’ll follow my associate, she’ll take you to where we’ll present.” Upon address, Taryn perks up and straightens her skirt, prepared to perfectly play the part of hostess once again. Blowing her whistle, she boldly marches the Murkrow off like little lost ducklings. The apparently rather absentminded director tags along as well (leaving a poor, very confused employee to pack up), eager to see this spectacle from a ground view.

You notice the lone known bird from before stop and glower at you for a beat. It opens its beak and then promptly shuts it, rushing to catch up with its comrades. Michael stays behind briefly, chuckling.

“That one, it saw how much fun that kid was having today, especially when it was participating onstage. And it admitted to enjoying itself as well. I was observing it during the start of the act since it wasn’t part of my team, it is a natural-born acrobat. So are the others.”

A wink. “Thought you should know, it trusted you enough to look after the leader while it went to get its buddies to say goodbye. I don’t know what you said earlier, but I think it took it to heart. Who knows, maybe it wanted to thank you.

Anyway, don’t worry, we’ll take it from here. Our organization has a lot of experience dealing with death after all. Taryn too, she’s strong. She’ll be all right.”

Checking his watch, he adds: “I’d better hurry, the final event begins soon.” He shakes your hand, patting your back slightly at the same time. “You’re free to come too if you like, since Taryn tells me you missed most of the show earlier. Otherwise, it’s been nice meeting you.”

With that, he salutes smartly before hurrying off.

What will you do now?
Easing himself back into his jacket Shadow felt his nerve endings briefly rejoice at the familiar sensation. Almost instinctively, he mentally tried to search for a hint of Jacob, a glimmer of his warmth, but nothing - the dark threads held no such memory in their texture as though Jacob had never come to pass. Doldrum, as though unfamiliar with the idea of permanent passage, toyed with the item that he was granted in his tendrils. Was it his ghostly heritage or lack of experience that contributed to his curious behaviour? The ordeals had cast their burdens on both Arugulus and Durin as well, as they limply leaned on Shadow after the day's events had exhausted them. Novawing, perhaps after his sudden maturity over the course of the encounter, laid what felt like a comforting claw along Shadow's side.

As much as it could be stated that optimisation had not been achieved, was it not right to say that the original objectives had been met? The younger operatives, though not by levels, had in their own ways grown, and everything had reasonably resolved to the best possible scenario: the opportunity for all parties involved to move on, and the motley group of scientist, dragon, plants and balloon was the catalyst that somehow helped it happen. An odd sense of pride, bound with sleepiness and self-reflection dimly glowed inside Shadow's mind. What greater conclusion could he ask for?

"Well, team, looks like there's one final operation to perform before we declare end transmission. Let's go; we've got a showto catch."
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #1080
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,629
The Forbidden Gardens

Gemini Spark

You place the figures on the podiums and take a step back, waiting for something to happen. Suddenly the floor starts to shake, and there is a loud grating noise as the columns begin to sink into the floor. Nearly immediately the entire room brightens to the point of forcing you to close your eyes, and even then you are nearly blinded. There is a faint noise, almost like the sound of something being unlocked and the light dies down.
You open your eyes and see that there is no sign that the podiums were there. Instead there was a large lit up symbol. Tentatively taking a step towards it, you stop when it flashes for a second and a new path lights up.

With no other option to take, you start to walk down the new path, still worrying about where Daphne could be. Like before, you notice that the symbols behind you are starting to dim, prompting you to speed up your pace. However, this time you notice that they are going out at a much quicker pace then they were before. Starting to go even faster, you soon break into a jog, trying to keep ahead of the lights. Luckily though, up ahead you can see that there appears to be another area like there was before, if the lights of the symbols were to be believed. You burst into the 'room' and take a couple of deep breaths before looking around. Like before, it was a space surrounded by glowing pillars, but unlike before, there were no podiums. Instead there were six statues, arranged in a perfect circle. The statues were of Heracross, Altaria, Throh, Blissey, Miltank and Kangaskhan. Like before there was a note attached to one of the statues. You pull it off and it reads:

These statues make up three pairs, each of them has a rival that they hate due to having something in common, and wish to finally find out who is the best. To do this they must meet eye to eye with each other before they can truly discover who reigns supreme.

Well that seems a little dramatic. But it is your only clue for this puzzle.

What will you do?

The Fountain Garden

OkikuMew


You ready instructions for Rawk in case Staryu wants to fight you, but something tells you that maybe that isn't the case. The Starfish pokemon merely walks up to you and taps its top limb against the Lure Ball in your hand and gets sucked into the ball. Congratulations you have caught a Lv 4 Genderless Staryu. Sort of dumbfounded that you got the Staryu that easily, you remember that you were going to go and see Doctor Kaku. You look down at what you believe to be a shock collar and decide that yes, you are going to go and find the Doctor.

It doesn't take you too long to find him again, all you have to do is backtrack to where he was before. You hand over the crushed collar and begin to explain to Doctor Kaku what had happened.

"Well that is interesting, isn't it?" muses the Doctor when you finish. "I don't believe that I have ever seen anything like this before. However, I do believe a couple of my colleagues may be of some help.
However, I do think that this will take a while to properly examine and determine its use. So in the meantime, I thank you for your help, and I would like to give you this in thanks."

He reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a Mystic Water, which really was quite fitting considering that he was a water specialist. Doctor Kaku smiles at you as you take the item, and turns around to investigate the broken collar some more. You suddenly realise that there wasn't really anything more that you could do, the poacher didn't leave anything behind that could have given his identity away. However, you did feel satisfied about what you have accomplished.

Upon replying to this post, you officially have use of the Egg House. Also upon replying, your adventure will have finished, and you will have gained one Mystic Water.
PikaGod is online now  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #1081
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post

The Fountain Garden

OkikuMew


You ready instructions for Rawk in case Staryu wants to fight you, but something tells you that maybe that isn't the case. The Starfish pokemon merely walks up to you and taps its top limb against the Lure Ball in your hand and gets sucked into the ball. Congratulations you have caught a Lv 4 Genderless Staryu. Sort of dumbfounded that you got the Staryu that easily, you remember that you were going to go and see Doctor Kaku. You look down at what you believe to be a shock collar and decide that yes, you are going to go and find the Doctor.

It doesn't take you too long to find him again, all you have to do is backtrack to where he was before. You hand over the crushed collar and begin to explain to Doctor Kaku what had happened.

"Well that is interesting, isn't it?" muses the Doctor when you finish. "I don't believe that I have ever seen anything like this before. However, I do believe a couple of my colleagues may be of some help. However, I do think that this will take a while to properly examine and determine its use. So in the meantime, I thank you for your help, and I would like to give you this in thanks."

He reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a Mystic Water, which really was quite fitting considering that he was a water specialist. Doctor Kaku smiles at you as you take the item, and turns around to investigate the broken collar some more. You suddenly realise that there wasn't really anything more that you could do, the poacher didn't leave anything behind that could have given his identity away. However, you did feel satisfied about what you have accomplished.

Upon replying to this post, you officially have use of the Egg House. Also upon replying, your adventure will have finished, and you will have gained one Mystic Water.
Okiku looked at the Staryu, waiting for its answer patiently, although she expected to start a battle as she knew how wild Pokémon prefers to test its possible trainer before finalizing its choice. Some sun rays pearcing through the surrounding trees delicately fell on the core of the water type, making it shine brightly.

And then it hit her like a ton of bricks.

For some reason, as she stared at the star-shaped Pokémon's red jewel, she was able to feel what the Staryu felt. She felt sadness, anger, loneliness, rage and helplessness within it. But she also sensed gratefulness, kindness, strength and hopefulness reflecting towards her. Not only those emotions was too well-known to the young woman as she felt most of them them herself, but with the other feelings, it made her somehow feel familiarity in the Pokémon in a strange way. Like if it was an old friend, after being battered by life, crossed her path by pure luck, and she was able to pull it out of the gutter, right on time.

She slightly shook her head to stop herself being nearly hypnotized by the core, and gazed at the Staryu again, this time with a bigger but shaky smile and tears building up under her eyes. Although both of them didn't speak a word for a while, both of them understood each other. The Staryu slowly started to walk towards the trainer with determined, almost solemn, steps. Okiku presented the Lure Ball she pulled out earlier and gracefully presented it to the Staryu at the bottom of her left palm.

"Welcome to the team... T'eau," she mumbled between a couple of sniffles.

The new but not yet official member of Okiku's Pokémon taped the red and blue Pokéball and, in a flash of crimson light, entered the capturing device. the ball shook just a couple of times, like to get used to its new occupant, then stopped moving and let an echoing gentle sound hum out. Okiku happily sighed at the Lure Ball in her hand before it disappeared, teleported to her PC storage.

"I'll get you out of there for some adventures together," she whispered softly, "and I'll take good care of you. I promise."

While rubbing her eyes, she looked over her two other Pokémon still present, Max and Rawk, wondering what they were thinking. Her Poochyena was definitely happy to see his trainer catch her first Pokémon, his tail wagging a miles an hour. Her Starly, on the other hand, looked very disappointed for missing an opportunity to show off his skills again. Okiku rolled her eyes at her self-centred bird, but then she remembered what she planned to do earlier: met up with Dr. Kaku about the strange machine.

"Alright guys, let's return to the Pokémon Center to find Dr. Kaku. He might be near that lake though, so let's pass there on the way in case."

Her hindsight being right, Okiku did meet up with the water scientist at the lake where she previously met him. After greeting him from afar (making sure to not startle him too much so he doesn't fall into the lake again), she told everything that happened and the details she could recall about the famous "man in black", and handed over the mysterious collar he dropped.

"Well that is interesting, isn't it?" the Doctor chuckled. "I don't believe that I have ever seen anything like this before. However, I do believe a couple of my colleagues may be of some help. However, I do think that this will take a while to properly examine and determine its use."

The girl gave a slight disappointed look, hoping he could've quickly identify the device so she could continue to investigate further.

"So in the meantime, I thank you for your help, and I would like to give you this in thanks," he handed to her a Mystic Water.

"W-well, thank you, doctor," she politely bowed to him. "I'm really happy of what I was able to do. And I know exactly to whom I'm going to let this item be held," she smiled, thinking about the newly captured and named T'eau.

She thought a bit about if she could do more, but she came to the conclusion she will have to wait out before she could do something: Kaku's colleagues needed time to study the mechanical collar, she can't recall much of the poacher's identity, and so much time has passed since she encountered him that his scent was likely no longer noticeable, even for Max's fine nose. After exchanging good-byes to Dr. Kaku, Okiku walked her way to the Pokémon Center to rest both her Pokémon and herself after a busy but rewarding day.




*dances in joy* And hereby this post, I have a Lv.4 Staryu! And yes, it is named T'eau, deal with it

And I also collect a Mystic Water, which is a pretty nice bonus! ^^ I'll let T'eau hold it since it's most befitting X)

Thank you so much both Tau and Pikagod for this adventure, my first completed one aaand the one with my first capture! For now I won't start another one to leave priority to newer members, but I'll be sure to come back again to have another adventure in Cloud Garden! ^^ But for now... I run like a maniac to the Egg House! :o
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 01-25-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Why do I keep mixing up Cascadia with Cloud Garden? T-T
OkikuMew is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #1082
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,309
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
The Forbidden Gardens

Gemini Spark

You place the figures on the podiums and take a step back, waiting for something to happen. Suddenly the floor starts to shake, and there is a loud grating noise as the columns begin to sink into the floor. Nearly immediately the entire room brightens to the point of forcing you to close your eyes, and even then you are nearly blinded. There is a faint noise, almost like the sound of something being unlocked and the light dies down. You open your eyes and see that there is no sign that the podiums were there. Instead there was a large lit up symbol. Tentatively taking a step towards it, you stop when it flashes for a second and a new path lights up.

With no other option to take, you start to walk down the new path, still worrying about where Daphne could be. Like before, you notice that the symbols behind you are starting to dim, prompting you to speed up your pace. However, this time you notice that they are going out at a much quicker pace then they were before. Starting to go even faster, you soon break into a jog, trying to keep ahead of the lights. Luckily though, up ahead you can see that there appears to be another area like there was before, if the lights of the symbols were to be believed. You burst into the 'room' and take a couple of deep breaths before looking around. Like before, it was a space surrounded by glowing pillars, but unlike before, there were no podiums. Instead there were six statues, arranged in a perfect circle. The statues were of Heracross, Altaria, Throh, Blissey, Miltank and Kangaskhan. Like before there was a note attached to one of the statues. You pull it off and it reads:

These statues make up three pairs, each of them has a rival that they hate due to having something in common, and wish to finally find out who is the best. To do this they must meet eye to eye with each other before they can truly discover who reigns supreme.

Well that seems a little dramatic. But it is your only clue for this puzzle.

What will you do?
As the three columns sank into the floor, Hyrem was immediately met with a blinding light, to which he covered and closed his eyes, but it was still bright enough to come close to blind him. As the light cleared, he could see a large symbol take the place of the three podiums. "What the..." Hyrem began before the symbol flashes away to reveal a new path with more of those eerie lights flashing. Great, another long path? he groaned in his mind. With no other way to go, however, he simply pressed forward.

This time, the lights started to go out faster, so Hyrem made every effort to stay ahead of the darkness until he came to another room ... with another puzzle. Now there were just six statues of different Pokemon neatly arranged in a circle and another clue for this puzzle:

These statues make up three pairs, each of them has a rival that they hate due to having something in common, and wish to finally find out who is the best. To do this they must meet eye to eye with each other before they can truly discover who reigns supreme.

Hmmm, okay then, three pairs ... something in common. Maybe Egg Groups again? He checked the Pokedex and found the six Pokemon in question weren't quite in the same group as another. Yeah, too obvious now, he thought. So what else could it be? Hyrem paced around, looking through Dexelle to figure out how these Pokemon could be categorized this time. Habitats? ... No, no good there ... Then he looked at Abilities for a few minutes. ... Bingo! Heracross and Throh had the Guts ability, Altaria and Blissey had the Natural Cure ability, and Miltank and Kangaskhan both had the Scrappy ability!

Puzzle solved! Hyrem quickly puts Heracross and Throh across from each other so that they faced each other, then did the same with Altaria and Blissey, then Kangaskhan and Miltank, so that they were in a circle, all facing their "rival". Then he stepped back, wondering if he got this puzzle right ... and if this other realm would finally lead him to Daphne. Daphne, wherever you are ... stay safe. I'm coming!
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is online now  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #1083
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,160
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
The Fountain Garden

Talon87 & dosuser¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

Both of you approach the brats, ready to protect the poor Pokémon with your own. Morg immediately insinuates herself between the pair, trying her best to keep them at bay but clearly lacking confidence. Meanwhile, Enchantress flops frantically in the shallows, eager to give the little punks a piece of her mind but achieving nothing more than comic flailing, much like her trainer. The boy and girl stare at the splashing fish, then burst out laughing as the implication of the strange older woman’s threat sinks in.

“You’re gonna fight us with that thing? Yeah, sure, we’ll take you on.” The boy sneers.

“I dunno, two on one seems kinda unfair, especially against such a tiny fishy. We might make it into sushi.” The girl giggles, her tone suggesting she’s not terribly opposed to the idea. As soon as she finishes saying this, the Wooper accidentally rubs against her skin and sends her into hysterics again, raising her foot despite Morg’s presence and trying to stomp the slimy thing herself.

At this moment, Cyrus and his Chikorita arrive on the scene, and Morg throws a pleading look to the stranger for help, hoping he would be sympathetic to her- er, the Wooper’s plight. Wooper whimpers as it gazes between Morg and Cyrus, the latter heroically reaching out to try and put a stop to the girl’s frenzied footwork before the victim gets squashed.

“What, you got a problem too, buddy?” The boy addresses Cyrus insolently. “Perfect timing then. Want to join us for a double battle? Playing ball was getting boring anyway.”

So much for trying to get the two to return to their game. Cyrus sighs as he turns to the other person who physically stepped in, an impulsive action which perhaps already ruined their chances of settling things peacefully… And does a double-take when he realizes she’s sporting a sexy maid outfit. The children are aware of it too, and turn their taunts directly towards Morg.

“What are you anyway, some kind of crazy cosplayer?” The girl hides her obvious envy of the lady’s looks behind disgust. “Don’t tell me you’re actually a maid? Shouldn’t you be indoors cleaning then? Ooh, are you gonna beat us with a featherduster~?”

“Dude, shut up, she’s hot.” The boy has suddenly become distracted by a certain noticeable “area” around Morg’s chest.

“Hey, stop staring at her boobs!”

“At least she has them,” he snaps back bluntly, albeit appropriately, at his sister. Ooooh, burn. Grinning boldly, he nonchalantly starts to lift the side of Morg’s skirt to take a peek at what lies underneath, eliciting a yelp of surprise and further floundering as she turns dazedly desperately to Cyrus, begging for a strong man to save her from punching the little pervert. For a moment, Cyrus’s male mind believes he saw the hint of a blush and beautiful tears – albeit it’s a bit hard to tell since Celes has quickly covered her trainer’s eyes with her vines. Enchantress thrashes wildly with rage, but being unable to come up on shore there’s nothing she can do to defend the “damsel in distress”.

How will you react?
Before Cyrus and Celes could reach the two children, a beautiful woman inserted herself between them and their slimy blue victim. She appeared to be wearing a maid uniform. "Perhaps she is a maid?" Cyrus thought. "But then what is a maid doing all the way out here?" He shook his head silently. "Never mind that! We've gotta save that little one!"

Cyrus and Celes' march was punctuated by the children's laughter. They were teasing the woman and her Pokémon, it seemed. And just as they arrived ...

“What, you got a problem too, buddy?” sneered the boy. “Perfect timing then. Want to join us for a double battle? Playing ball was getting boring anyway.”

Before Cyrus could answer, the children diverted their attention back towards the maid-like character. “What are you anyway," the girl derisively queried, "some kind of crazy cosplayer?” Her face said she was disgusted, but her line of interrogation seemed to suggest an underlying envy. “Don’t tell me you’re actually a maid? Shouldn’t you be indoors cleaning then? Ooh, are you gonna beat us with a featherduster~?”

“Dude, shut up," said the boy. "She’s hot.”
“Hey, stop staring at her boobs!”
“At least she has them.”

A grin then stole across the boy's face, and without the faintest bit of shame he reached forth and started to lift up the side of the woman's skirt to see what lied underneath. The woman turned to Cyrus with a pleading look. THAT DOES IT.

"Hey!" Cyrus shouted at the boy. "Didn't your mom ever teach you that's not how you treat a lady?" He reached forward instinctively and batted away the boy's hand, trying to get him to release his grip and step away from the victim of his perversion.

Cyrus's mind may not have had time to think "So much for diplomacy," but his stomach certainly did: he could feel it plummeting ten feet down even as he struck the boy on the hand. He stole a quick glance at the little blue creature near the girl before returning his focus to the boy and the mysterious woman before him. Celes stood at the ready, ready to receive her master's commands; but Cyrus wasn't going to pull any triggers just yet. There might still be some chance to talk their way out of this and get the kids to go back over the hill.


registration post

Last edited by Talon87; 02-05-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Talon87 is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #1084
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Agartha
Posts: 11,153
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
[COLOR="LightBlue"]Apologies for the long wait, everyone. It's been a really rough past few months for me, although it may not have been apparent.

That being said, once the new semester starts I will unfortunately be taking an official absence from Updating in order to focus on my studies. I may try to squeeze another set in before my break ends, but we'll see. (I'm getting Skyward Sword tonight, so I'm sure I'll be busy with that for a while. *shot*)

Also, if you still wish to continue your Adventure, takkupanda, I've included the next installment here.

Without further ado, here are some end-of-the-year Updates!

Rock Garden

blazeVA – Despite the daunting foe before you, Lemon Drop pumps her paws in preparation. You force yourself to choke back a chuckle of amusement at her adorableness, finally understanding why Bill and Ian had laughed at her appearance. Still, looks can be deceiving, and you have full faith in her abilities. She’ll show this boulder bully and the rest of the band (not to mention her buddy Blaze <3) who’s boss. No one gets away with calling her a pipsqueak – or making fun of her friends, for that matter!

Of course, Marche can’t be counted out for this fight either, and of course can be counted on too to prove his pride. So while his partner primes an attack, you whisper a plan for keeping up with her pace. He nods and starts scraping his skin against the stones, smoothing to reduce air resistance. In the meantime, Lemon Drop races fearlessly towards Gigalith, ready to sock it to him good. With a side-step and elegant spin-jump, she plants a perfect punch on the bottom of his jaw. Caught unawares, he is forced to stumble back, surprised by the power such a tiny Pokémon could pack. Landing with a nimble leap, Lemon Drop grins cheekily as Gigalith groans and rubs his chin, putting up her fists for another go. She dances circles about him and sticks out her tongue, revealing whatever she may lack in size and strength she makes up for with fancy footwork.

She then begins to charge up another blow by swinging her arm in wide arcs. Unfortunately her gloating gets in the way this time, as Gigalith easily sees it coming and HARDENs himself. What he doesn’t expect though is for Marche to bring the other half of brawn (as well as brain) to the table, launching himself with sudden speed at the opponent’s base to collide with and collapse one of his legs. Gigalith grunts as he drops to his knee, and Lemon Drop takes advantage of the opportunity to follow up with a second roundhouse. However, thanks to his toughened exterior, Gigalith is more annoyed by this attempt than anything. To her horror, it only causes him to roar and respond by BLASTing ROCKs in her face. She squeals in pain as she’s sent flying back, pinned helplessly under one of the projectiles.

Gigalith then gets back up and faces the other mild irritant, answering the Geodude’s cheap shot with one of his own by SLAPping MUD in Marche’s eyes. Marche curses as he blinks and tries to rub the grain out, but to no avail. In his blindness, he accidentally bumps into a rock formation and topples it nearly onto you, giving Gigalith more glee as you desperately dodge the falling blocks. With both “insects” incapacitated, Gigalith finishes by whipping up a SANDSTORM as if to simply blow them away. Lemon Drop coughs and spits as the filth strikes her fur, her sensitive flesh not meant for such a harsh spa treatment as her comrade received earlier. While Marche doesn’t suffer as much from the weather conditions due to his affinity, it does worsen the grit in his gaze, making it even more difficult to see.

Gathering your stance again, you also squint in order to glare at Gigalith, who so far seems to hardly be taking the battle seriously, seeing you and your Pokémon as literal bugs on a windshield. Charlie is still quiet or comatose, oblivious to both the squall and squabble raging outside, though Keith clatters with concern, and you don’t require a translator to tell what he means. Looks like you’re gonna have to step up your game if you want to get anywhere with this big guy.

What are your next orders?

(Yes, there is apparently mud and sand in the Rock Garden. I wrote yours last at 6 AM, sorry if it's not up to stuff. x.X)
Yuki, your updates are always up to stuff.

Also, Lemon Drop should stay a Buneary for this adventure. I find it works better.


Blaze had the utmost confidence in both his teammates and himself. He knew that if he kept up the offense that the Gigalith would soon fall and he would have completed his goal. But even the utmost confidence cannot be enough to win a battle, and Blaze did worry slightly that the Gigalith would be too powerful for both Lemon Drop and Marche.

While Lemon Drop immediately charges at Gigalith, Marche realizes that if he wants to keep pace with Lemon Drop's speed, he is going to need to get a little more aerodynamic. He spins around on the ground, grinding and smoothing out his skin. When he is done, he looks a little more polished, which should be good for getting the jump on Gigalith. Lemon Drop is over near the Gigalith now, and with a side-step to the right and a mid-air twirl, she delivers a devastating SKY UPPERCUT!!! to Gigalith. Clearly surprised by Lemon Drop's power despite her small size, he stumbles back a bit, quickly regaining his balance. 'Alright! Good job Lemon Drop! Keep up the good work!'

Again she goes for the strike, swinging her arms in large arcs to confuse and dazzle Gigalith. But, even while this Gigalith was high out of his mind, he was not one to be fooled again, and begins to harden himself up to prepare for the attack, a golden armor covering his body before dissapating. 'OH NO! With Gigalith's high defense, this could spell trouble!' But, even Blaze was surprised when Marche rocketed forwards at this point, the smoothing of his skin really giving him a speed boost. 'Holy crap! That is really fast! We should be able to win this now!' With all of Gigalith's attention focused on Lemon Drop, he barely sees Marche coming, and Marche swings his arm at Gigalith's leg, causing it the buckle in and the Gigalith to fall on to one knee, losing his balance. Lemon Drop takes advantage of the opening, and delivers another SKY UPPERCUT!!! to Gigalith's jaw. This does little more than annoy him, however, and he roars before slamming her with a variety of rocks that came from his forehead. Lemon Drop squeals as the large rocks slam into her, before finding herself pinned under one of the rocks.

Gigalith is no slower dealing with Marche, as he scrapes his foot along the ground, causing some of the mud on the ground to slap into Marche's eyes. While he tries to wipe the grit out of his eyes, he is unable to do, and ends up slamming into one of the rock formations, causing the rocks to tumble and fall towards Blaze. Blaze jumps out of the way just in time, as the rock falls around him and not on top of him. Blaze looks as Gigalith laughs before one of the crystals on his forehead glows again and creates a devastating sandstorm that blows through the area. While Marche is relatively unfazed by this, Lemon Drop squeals as the grit gets in her fur and pelts her skin, dealing some damage.

Blaze looks at Gigalith again, and sees that he is hardly taking the battle seriously at all! With Charlie still comatose and Keith chattering away, Blaze knew one thing. 'I am going to have to step up my game. But how?' All hope seemed to be lost, with a super bulky Gigalith in front of him and two incapacitated Pokemon.

*switching POV to Marche*

Marche knew that he and everyone else was in trouble. 'God damn it! How could I have been fooled by such an easy trick!? Now everyone is in danger, and I can do nothing about it! I was a fool for thinking I could be a paladin knight.'

Just then, a voice appeared to him in his mind, one that was familiar and friendly, "Ye who is of little faith, doth thou really believe thou should not have become a Paladin?" Doth thou remember what the goal of a Paladin is?" "It is to protect people. To defend from evil." "Yes, that is true. But, ye cannot protect everyone, can ye? So then, who doth thou protect?" "I don't understand. What is it that you are saying?" "Ye need to protect the people that are important to you! That is what a Paladin does! One cannot protect everyone! For doing so would cause harm to others!" "But I cannot protect even my friends now. How is this supposed to help me?" "Because thou knows the true meaning of a Paladin now. It was what thou needed to truly become a Paladin. Ye views before were childish and vain. Now you know the right path.........." "WAIT!"

(Yay for totally screwing up the old English language!)

Marche reflected on what the voice had said to him. 'Protect the ones you love. Isn't that what I am trying to do! No, I am not trying. I wasn't protecting anyone back there. I was fighting for pride. And it has to end NOW!'

Just then, Marche found himself engulfed in a beautiful bright white light. He grew taller, larger, wider, and now had four arms. Blaze pulled out his Pokedex and scanned Marche to see what it would tell him.

Quote:
Graveler, the Rock Pokemon

This Pokemon egdaogjgw rescanning... ... ... ... ...
Quote:
Graveler, the Paladin Pokemon

These Pokemon have accepted the Paladin virtues, and have become much stronger as a result. Their highest stats are their HP, Attack, and Defense, but also have a decent Sp. Def. Capable of wielding holy swords and using light magic, Paladins are exceptional at defeating the undead and their ilk.
'What the? Why did it just do that? Did the Pokedex just re-scan Marche?' Blaze was confused by the whole spectacle, but he saw that Marche had stationed himself in front of Lemon Drop, taking a defensive posture. "You will not harm this one again! I will make sure of it!" Blaze knew that this was the advantage he needed in this battle! "Alright guys, let us have a battle now! Marche, keep Lemon Drop covered and take the rocks off of her. Lemon Drop, get on Marche's back, and fire Ice Beams from behind him so that we can wear him out. Marche, slam him with a couple of Magnitudes to keep him off balance!"
__________________


Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 04:41 AM   #1085
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge
 
Ex-Admiral Insane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,554
Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
CLOUD GARDEN

The Oasis: A vast, desert-like area. Nothing but sand and stone for as far as the eye can see. In the distance there seems to be a bunch of palm trees and a lake, is it real or just a mirage? Pokemon and Trainers that can brave the vicious sandstorms just might be able to find out but beware! A mysterious dense fog in said to sometimes cover this entire area and when it does all sorts of strange things begin to happen…..
When looking down from the sky, two figures can be seen struggling in the sand of the oasis.

"Give up Rags." Lucas was lying face-down in the sand. His pokémon, Rags, trying to drag him since he quit moving.
"Just leave me here. Go! Safe yourself." The trainer was obviously overreacting. They had only been there for what? An hour?
"RA!" The Ralts got angry at his trainer for saying that and jumped on his back.
"Gaahhh!" The trainer flopped on the ground. His back arched from Rags sitting on him. "Get off." The jump provided the necessary initiative for the trainer to get up.
He groaned when he tried to lift himself up. Then he groaned again and shook his hands. Even the sand was too warm to touch.
"It's, HOT!" The trainer was shouting to the skies as if doing that would change anything.
He felt the sun shining straight in his face and so looked down again. It sounded like he was whimpering. He'd cry if he had enough energy ad water left in him.

Rags, on the other hand, felt hot as well, but unlike his trainer he didn't feel the need to complain about it constantly. It was slightly ironic to see how the trainer was acting more childish than his young pokémon.
"I don't even remember why we decided to come here in the first place." The Ralts couldn't remember either.
The trainer removed a water bottle from his backpack. He wanted to take another sip, but he saw how little was left. He decided to give it to his pokémon instead. "Okay fine," the trainer said. Rags finished the last of the water and looked at his trainer. "I feel better now. Let's go." Before leaving though, he picked up Rags and placed him on his head. "There. You rest for a while. You've been dragging me for a while already. Now it's your turn." Rags lighted up at his trainer's kindness. It was odd that his trainer was being so nice. Maybe it was the heat.

Rags just lied on his trainer's head, feeling the warm rays of the sun cascading on his back. Well, the ray were actually quite hot. In fact, they were very hot. Rags could feel his back heating up quickly.
"RAL!" Rags got down as fast he could from atop his trainer and was shouting at his trainer.
The trainer scratched his face while his pokémon was continuing his ranting. "You figured it out a lot sooner than I would have thought." The reason Lucas let his pokémon rest on top his head was to provide shade for him. Though it would come at the price of placing Rags directly closer to the sun.
The trainer let out another sigh. He could feel his head heating up again. It was warming up his body as well.
Rags tried asking his trainer to look for another solution. "Ral. Ralral, ral." Rags was pointing to Lucas' clothes.
"Huh? Of course. Brilliant Rags." The idea wasn't brilliant, but Lucas felt too exhausted to eeven think straight.
He took off his shirt and tried tying it around his head. When finished, he let out a sigh of relief. He could feel his head cool off from the shade provided by his 'hat' as well as his, now bare, chest from not having clothes hanging down. The feeling was almost instant and felt pleasant enough to Lucas.
"Alright Rags, let's continue." He was now in a more serious mood. It would seem the shade had cooled his head enough to get him to think straight.
"Off to find water, shelter and adventure." He moved forward. Rags was right behind him, a smile on his face for his trainer's new-found enthusiasm.
__________________

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #1086
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge
 
Kori Gotcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

The Oasis

Kori Gotcha
“Two heads are better than one.”
- John Heywood, Proverbs


First feat: Face-about, flee. Finding few flattering facts from flavor font, feel forlorn. Factoring friends’ fortes, figure flight favorable.

Free from forewarning, trip. …Trip? Thou turnst to track the trench that triggered thee to falter. There transpires the tiny fellow thou formerly followedst to this twisted terrain. The Trapinch flags from the tunnel, tempting forth. Trust the traitor that fathered this fine fix?

Flygon fires. Too tardy to think! Tuck, tumble to the foxhole. The flames travel topwise, faintly touching thy tresses. Fibers frizz, though the tall filth fence foils total frying.

Fearless, thou teasest the frustrated foe. Flaunt tongue, flail fingers, then thumb tip, three taunts together. Take that!

The Flygon frowns, then flaps furiously. The fortress flattens, fades, failing to fend. FOCUSing force, the Flygon forms further, fuller flames. Tensing for fate, thy fists tighten. Farewell.

To thy fortune, the Trapinch flashes forward, tackling Flygon. This tampers the fireball’s trajectory, transmitting far from thy flank. Flygon twists, thumping tail to the Trapinch’s face. Trapinch flies, falling flipside. The fiend towers, threatening to flambé the floundering treat…

Forsake the troubled Trapinch?
Tucked away safe in his hole, Kori grips with a difficult choice. For all he knows, that Trapinch is the source of all of this nonsense. Kori looked down at his Pokeballs and then at the Trapinch that was still trying to struggle back up and the domineering Flygon about to fry the poor bug. There was no time to think anymore, so Kori did what his body would lead him to do. Kori grabbed one of his Pokeballs off of his belt and tossed it. "MANA! COME OUT AND HIT THAT FLYGON WITH CONFUSE RAY THEN QUICKLY USE POWER SWAP AND HIT HIM WITH A ZEN HEADBUTT!" Kori yelled as he sprinted out of the hole towards the Trapinch. He ran as fast as his legs would carry him and he scooped the little bug Pokemon up off the grown and started running, hoping that his Girafarig would come through and distract the dragon long enough for him to avoid being roasted in a strange desert."
__________________
Kori Gotcha is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #1087
The Morg
Somehow a cat
 
The Morg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Why am I always a cat?
Posts: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
The Fountain Garden

Talon87 & dosuser¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

Both of you approach the brats, ready to protect the poor Pokémon with your own. Morg immediately insinuates herself between the pair, trying her best to keep them at bay but clearly lacking confidence. Meanwhile, Enchantress flops frantically in the shallows, eager to give the little punks a piece of her mind but achieving nothing more than comic flailing, much like her trainer. The boy and girl stare at the splashing fish, then burst out laughing as the implication of the strange older woman’s threat sinks in.

“You’re gonna fight us with that thing? Yeah, sure, we’ll take you on.” The boy sneers.

“I dunno, two on one seems kinda unfair, especially against such a tiny fishy. We might make it into sushi.” The girl giggles, her tone suggesting she’s not terribly opposed to the idea. As soon as she finishes saying this, the Wooper accidentally rubs against her skin and sends her into hysterics again, raising her foot despite Morg’s presence and trying to stomp the slimy thing herself.

At this moment, Cyrus and his Chikorita arrive on the scene, and Morg throws a pleading look to the stranger for help, hoping he would be sympathetic to her- er, the Wooper’s plight. Wooper whimpers as it gazes between Morg and Cyrus, the latter heroically reaching out to try and put a stop to the girl’s frenzied footwork before the victim gets squashed.

“What, you got a problem too, buddy?” The boy addresses Cyrus insolently. “Perfect timing then. Want to join us for a double battle? Playing ball was getting boring anyway.”

So much for trying to get the two to return to their game. Cyrus sighs as he turns to the other person who physically stepped in, an impulsive action which perhaps already ruined their chances of settling things peacefully… And does a double-take when he realizes she’s sporting a sexy maid outfit. The children are aware of it too, and turn their taunts directly towards Morg.

“What are you anyway, some kind of crazy cosplayer?” The girl hides her obvious envy of the lady’s looks behind disgust. “Don’t tell me you’re actually a maid? Shouldn’t you be indoors cleaning then? Ooh, are you gonna beat us with a featherduster~?”

“Dude, shut up, she’s hot.” The boy has suddenly become distracted by a certain noticeable “area” around Morg’s chest.

“Hey, stop staring at her boobs!”

“At least she has them,” he snaps back bluntly, albeit appropriately, at his sister. Ooooh, burn. Grinning boldly, he nonchalantly starts to lift the side of Morg’s skirt to take a peek at what lies underneath, eliciting a yelp of surprise and further floundering as she turns dazedly desperately to Cyrus, begging for a strong man to save her from punching the little pervert. For a moment, Cyrus’s male mind believes he saw the hint of a blush and beautiful tears – albeit it’s a bit hard to tell since Celes has quickly covered her trainer’s eyes with her vines. Enchantress thrashes wildly with rage, but being unable to come up on shore there’s nothing she can do to defend the “damsel in distress”.

How will you react?
Morg let out a heavy sigh of relief as the male trainer approached the scene.

"I'm not good at this stuff after all," she thought.

"What, you got a problem too, buddy? Perfect timing then. Want to join us for a double battle?"

Oops. Morg winced, mentally kicking herself as her attempts to help only wound up causing more trouble. Could things be any worse?

"What are you anyway, some kind of crazy cosplayer?"

Ouch. Right in the self-esteem. Women's fashion wasn't something Morg had entirely figured out, after all. Her internal musings were interrupted by the young boy's brazen attempt to grab her skirt.

Morg's blood boiled as she suppressed her kneejerk reaction to... well, knee that pervert in the face. Luckily for her, the approaching stranger took her side.

"Hey! Didn't your mom ever teach you that's not how you treat a lady?"

Morg clutched her skirt and tried to pull away as the gentleman reached to push the unruly child off of her.

"Hey, I'm not trying to start a fight here," she pleaded to the young boy. "I just wanted to get your attention so you wouldn't hurt that Pokemon."

The last thing Morg wanted was to start a turf war. She really just wanted to get out of there. She certainly didn't want to cause trouble for this kind stranger...
__________________

I'll burn your bread, if you know what I mean
The Morg is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 04:47 AM   #1088
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL
 
Celebii151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Getting 5 manned bot
Posts: 3,331
Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Rainbow Waterfalls

Celebii151¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

Before addressing the Golduck’s challenge, you pull out a pointed pill and pop it into Larry’s jaw, perfecting his health (or at least half) again. You then release two more of your Pokémon: dragon and centipede, a divergent pair. You appoint Nahkrinn to join Larry and Boing on the ice, while commanding Silane to side with the rink’s line. Turning to Boing, you ask him to translate your conditions to the leader, who listens intently for a moment before nodding with smug approval. It also raises a flipper and quacks twice, which Boing communicates back to you. Apparently it also wants to add that attacks, and subsequently substitutions, are allowed. You gulp as you realize the implication of the last stipulation, which means that basically any form of foul is permitted, even if it results in fainting. …Well, you suppose it wouldn’t rightly be a hockey game unless it included fighting. The Golduck grins as you grudgingly accept.

Jerking its thumb, it fires three of its cronies off the field, leaving the same number behind. It also barks for them to bring the battered puck, which they bowl unceremoniously at your feet as if they were pins. You have no choice but to quickly catch him with your heel like a kickball. Sighing as you ignore the mocking claps and cackles, you bend down to check on Neptune, tapping lightly on his turtle top before peering into the hole. No response. It’s a bit hard to discern his expression through the darkness, but sure enough, he seems to have blacked out from all the spinning. You slip the second Revive into his shell, and soon the swirls vanish from his eyes.

He pops his head out and gazes at the surroundings blearily. You shortly explain the situation, pointing to poor Ducklett to stress the stakes and importance of this sacrifice. Neptune nods and bravely salutes, WITHDRAWing immediately back into his shell. He hides deep within, heightening his defenses this time with the prior knowledge that things could get bumpy.

Pre-game pep talk complete, your team breaks, pumped to beat the other and reclaim its dignity (oh, and rescue Ducklett, of course). The Pokémon progress to take their places on the ice, although as soon as they encounter the slippery substance much of their hotheaded bravado melts – or rather freezes – as they blunder about. Larry especially appears to have difficulty coordinating all four of his little legs at once, crissing and crossing as he bumps accidentally bumps into Nahkrinn, causing a chain reaction as she then collapses on top of Boing, who squeals as he’s squished against the surface. The Golduck laugh uproariously, and you facepalm as a few curious fishes swim up to investigate the peculiar pile blocking the sun above their home. Perhaps this wasn’t such a good idea after all.

Eventually the group manages to sort themselves however, and grow sufficiently adjusted to the feeling of skating, even if they don’t quite grasp the finer points of the sport. They might not be able to make beautiful figure eights, but they can at least figure out how to get where they want to go. Nahkrinn and Larry shuffle forward to the center, while Boing bounces back towards the goal, careful to keep completely upright on each rebound. Even when standing still, any slight tilt in axis could cause his balance to slide.

Meanwhile, you and the Golduck leader remain on the edge, both of the rink and your proverbial seats. Clearly your roles are to act as coaches. One of the benched Golduck grabs Neptune before you can react and glides gracefully out to the center, inscribing a circle around Nahkrinn and Larry to show off its skills in comparison, much to their annoyance. The leader smiles at the display but snaps its fingers to get on with it, and the underling obliges, positioning the puck directly between the two teams. The leader turns to you, waiting for your confirmation and perhaps announcement of tactical tips before putting it into play. For all its abrasiveness, it certainly seems to want to host a fair match.

What will your strategy be?
The lead Golduck begins to talk, and Boing telepathically translates the message to Cele. Apparently, the Golduck wants a dirty match, with all attacks allowed as well as substitutions. "Substitutions? In that case, Silane, return please." Cele says, holding out her Pokeball as a beam of red light absorbs the Centipede Pokemon into her makeshift capsule. He pulls two Pokeballs from his belt, releasing the Pokemon kept inside in twin flashes of light. After the light clears, an Eelektrik and Phanpy stand, taking in their surroundings. "Phorus, Surus, hey guys. This may seem a bit weird, but look over there." Cele explains while pointing to the frozen lake. Phorus and Surus's eyes bulge and they don a confused facial expression. "Nahkriin, Larry and Boing are in a hockey match against some Golduck to save a Ducklett. Neptune is the puck, and you guys are subs. I really need you." The Pokemon pair nod as they begin to spectate.

The Golduck agree to Cele's match setup though, as the leader sends three of his followers to the pitch, leaving three behind, presumably as subs or bodyguards. The two teams make their way to the pitch, the Golduck having much more experience on ice. Cele's team has literally no experience, the bunch of them slipping and falling on each other. "Focus, guys, this is serious!" Cele calls out to his Pokemon. Eventually, they get the hang of it, though they still cannot compare to the Golduck's gracefulness. Neptune is placed in between the two teams as they face off, ready to begin.

Cele decides to give them some last-minute strategy orders. "Boing, you begin with Trick Room, let's even the playing field. Use Psychic to block Neptune from entering the goal, okay? Larry, if they get Neptune, then slam 'em with Head Smash! Nahkriin, try your hardest to get the puck, you're our most powerful! Glare at anyone who gets in your way. Now, team, let's do this! For Neptune! For Ducklett!
__________________
Spoiler: show


PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #1089
Charminions
Your reality is mine
 
Charminions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Cloud Forest

Charminions – The maid listens quietly as you make your speech, eyeing the Combee cradled in your palms with growing sympathy. She then turns to Amanda.

“Is what this cretin says true, milady?”

The girl nods, and Lillian flips up her feather duster, withdrawing her heel as well. Her static, slightly unnerving smile remains the same as she offers a hand to help you up.

“My apologies, sir. Let’s get this Combee to the hospital then. We shall take the car in that case, and you may ride in the back.”

She glances at the butler, who seems less inclined to believe your story but straightens respectfully. “Most certainly, straight away.” He pulls out a cellular and makes a quick call. To your surprise, a few seconds later you hear the rumble of an engine, and whirl around to see a long limousine swerving into view, completely ignorant of the grass. It pulls up in front of the forest and pauses to lower down the window a few inches as Lillian leans over to whisper a few words. Try as you might to stand on tiptoe, you cannot peer over her back, within or through the dark glass to get a glimpse of the driver. However, the effort proves worthless anyway as Lillian moves aside to allow the chauffeur to step out. (Although his features are still mostly obscured by his hat.) Without a sound, he opens the door to the vehicle and bows, waiting patiently for the party to get in.

Amanda enters first, followed by the butler. When it comes to your turn, any misgivings you might have are swept aside as the maid clamps your shoulders and practically plops you forcefully onto the plush seats, squeezing in next to you with a wide beam that makes your face flush. You squirm a little as you feel her leg brush up beside yours, the contact of smooth, creamy skin driving your “pure” soul almost into a frenzy (though another part of your discomfort stems from the fact you feel she has her trusty feather duster hidden somewhere under those frills, still trained on you). From the opposite side you can sense the butler glaring at you warily, with little Amanda watching by his side, so you smartly swallow any sort of lustful comment or complaint. The side then slams shut as the footman’s feet fade, and you shrink into the cushions, hardly able to enjoy the luxury as you wonder just what sort of crazy compartment you’ve gotten yourself stuck in. Something tells you the handle is probably locked too…

Just then, the cabin jerks, and you gasp, quickly trying to cover Combee as you realize you’re making a swift u-turn. You grimace and hold onto your lunch as the limo backs up onto the Rainbow Road and begins racing down the stretch towards the Sky Gate, rolling over rocks in the way without warning. The other three lean nonchalantly along with the abrupt movements, as if anticipating them. Seems they’re quite familiar with this route, or perhaps just accustomed to such insane steering. The maid even pulls out a nail file and attends to her digits in the meantime, whilst the butler presses a few more buttons on his phone to dial another number. Between trying not to fall face-first into Lillian’s chest and keeping your rapidly pounding heart in your own, you manage to catch snatches of the conversation.

“We have located the young miss. She seems to be safe. However, we are taking a detour to the Pokémon Center in order to accompany a- ahem, ‘suspected’ kidnapper and an injured Combee for Nurse Joy to care for.” A pause. “You will meet us there? Understood. Very well, sir.” Another beat, and he answers quietly. “Yes, I’m sure she knows tomorrow’s the anniversary…”

There are a few more exchanges, but a sudden bump makes you miss them. After he hangs up, you notice Amanda frowning at the phone. She then becomes aware of you staring and sticks out her tongue before gazing out the window. Unable to remark on such rudeness in the presence of two overprotective guardians, you bite your tongue and follow her view to see that you’ve arrived at the…


Sky Gate

Gratefully breathing in fresh air after that ordeal, you barely notice the greater than usual bustle of activity as people congregate towards what appears to be a festival in front of the entrance to the garden. As you fight your way to the Pokémon Center’s access, it suddenly swings open and collides with your nose. A boy carrying a pamphlet brushes past, oblivious, but you struggle to keep silent, shaking your head. Your only thought is to bring the dying Combee inside the building before its condition grows any worse. Stumbling within, you are briefly aware of the butler catching the knob and holding it for the “young miss”, while the maid parts the crowd (as they gather around the parked expensive machine) and keeps them at bay. Figures.

You don’t bother to express jealousy however, as the first thing you do is carry Combee over to the counter and place it down as gently as possible. Nurse Joy seems to be preoccupied though, staring off into space for some strange reason… Impatient, you ring the bell, and she snaps directly into an overly cheerful greeting, which disturbingly reminds you of Lillian. You are both soon distracted from the awkward encounter however as she perceives the bee before her, and exclaims in shock at its level of injury. Cooing over the creature, she assures you she’ll fix it up right away and orders Chansey to place it on a stretcher, disappearing with it into the operating room.

Sighing with relief, you turn in time to see the glass slide ajar again, and another man with a well-groomed appearance rushes in. He seems younger and his attire more sophisticated than the butler, though his emotions are much more exposed. Spotting Amanda, he runs over and picks her up.

“There you are! Your mother and I were so concerned! Come on, dear, let’s head home and apologize for making her sad, shall we?”

The girl wiggles out of his grasp though and sets her bare heel down. The father’s eyes widen at her apparent lack of slipperwear, but before he can even remark, “Why, whatever happened to your shoes?”, his daughter starts screaming at the top of her lungs.

“SHE’S NOT MY MOTHER! AND I’M NOT SAYING SORRY!”

Everyone in the lobby stops what they’re doing and stares at the scene. The father fumbles with his shirt collar, uncomfortable at the attention he was attracting.

“Now, let’s not act childish, Amanda… You’re almost a proper lady now, remember…”

Amanda won’t hear any of it, however, and darts past her dad. While the maid and butler hasten to block, she easily dodges their outstretched hands and scurries outside, vanishing into the masses.

“Amanda, darling, come back!” the father cries desperately, but his voice is lost amongst the sea of tourists.

How do you respond?
Charm continues to make his speech as the maid listens, glancing at the Combee in Charm's arms with increasing empathy.

“Is what this cretin says true, milady?” she asks Amanda.

Amanda nods in agreement and Lillian moves her heel away from Charm's face while putting away her deadly feather duster.

Her smile remains the same throughout the situation, as she offers a hand to help Charm up. “My apologies, sir. Let’s get this Combee to the hospital then. We shall take the car in that case, and you may ride in the back.” "Thank you so much," Charm says in relief, accepting the hand up.

She looks to the butler, who's not so convinced of the story, but respectfully obliges anyway. “Most certainly, straight away.” He whips out a cell phone, before dialing a number. In only seconds, a large limousine arrives. Now that's service, Charm thinks to himself. The young trainer then turns to his Pokemon, "You guys can rest for now, you deserve it." He pulls out his two Pokeballs before recalling his trusty friends.

Meanwhile, the window of the driver slides down ever so slightly for Lillian to lean forward and whisper a few words to the driver. Soon, the chauffeur steps out of the limo, his hat covering most of his face, making it difficult for Charm to see who it is. Without saying a word, he opens the door for the group. Amanda and the buttler step into the limo, as Lillian forcefully shoves Charm in before he can object. ... The strength on that woman. She then sits herself right next to him. ... Stay calm. Don't panic. Charm squirms as he feels the maid's leg brushing against his. Why must I be tortured so?

On the other side he sees the butler and Amanda watching him. Better to not complain, he notes. The door slams shut before the vehicle starts to move. It's not everyday that Charm can enjoy a luxury like this, though he shouldn't enjoy it too much, as worse things will probably happen.

The vehicle suddenly makes a sharp turn, causing Charm to instinctively cover the Combee on his lap as the passengers enter the
Rainbow Road. The limo zooms down a road towards the Sky Gate, nonchalantly driving over bumps and rocks. Gah. Crazy driver. Charm does his best to not fall face-first into Lillian's chest while containing his racing heart within himself as the other three simply lean back and forth in disinterest at the mad driving. Lillian even begins filing her nails while the butler pulls out his cell phone again, dialing a number before talking to someone, who, Charm supposes, is important.

“We have located the young miss. She seems to be safe. However, we are taking a detour to the Pokémon Center in order to accompany a- ahem, ‘suspected’ kidnapper and an injured Combee for Nurse Joy to care for.” He pauses to listen to the other line. “You will meet us there? Understood. Very well, sir.” Another pause, and he responds. “Yes, I’m sure she knows tomorrow’s the anniversary…”

More was said, but a sudden bump made it hard for Charm to hear, but he notices Amanda frowning after the call is over. She notices Charm looking at her and rudely sticks out her tongue. Why that insolent br-, he angrily thinks to himself before he notices they arrive at the
Sky Gate.

Charm and the group step out of the car, seeing a huge crowd in front of them. "What's going on here?" he asks, but he's given no response. It doesn't matter, he figures, looking down at the Combee in his arms once again. He pushes and shoves his way through the crowd to the entrance of the Pokemon Center. The door swings open before Charm can react, slamming into his nose. "Gah," he grunts in pain. He runs towards the counter to see a day dreaming Nurse Joy. He rings the bell to snap her back to reality as she notices him and gives the generic 'I'm only smiling this way because it's part of the job' look that he saw Lillian give. She then notices the Combee and the awkward encounter turns into a matter of emergence. She assures Charm that the Combee will be okay as a Chansey arrives, placing the bug-type onto a stretcher before taking it to the Pokemon-equivalent of the emergency room.

"Phew," Charm eases, happy that this matter is over with before turning to see a man enter the Center. He looks sophisticated and wealthy, perhaps he's Amanda's father. He sees Amanda and runs over and picks her up.

“There you are! Your mother and I were so concerned! Come on, dear, let’s head home and apologize for making her sad, shall we?”

Amanda wriggles out of her father's grasp and yells at the top of her lungs, “SHE’S NOT MY MOTHER! AND I’M NOT SAYING SORRY!”

Charm, along with everyone else in the lobby stare at the scene. The father clumsily plays with his collar, clearly embarrassed at the attention they were attracting. “Now, let’s not act childish, Amanda… You’re almost a proper lady now, remember…”

Amanda has had it with her dad, and dashes out of the Pokemon Center, as they lose sight of her in the crowds of people. “Amanda, darling, come back!” the father cries in desperation, to no avail.

Charm quietly watches the scene as it takes place. Hmm, no wonder Amanda keeps running away. She must have a lot of pressure on her by her family, he tries to sympathize. Maybe I shouldn't interfere with their ordeal any longer, he wonders, but, maybe he can help Amanda in some way. I have to do something, he decides.

He walks up to the father. "Um, excuse me, sir," he pauses. "I know this isn't any of my business, but... maybe your daughter keeps running away because she's, y'know, unhappy... Perhaps you should try a different approach with her. She obviously has some concerns that aren't being addressed, just saying..." He then adds, "I could help you find her. I saved her life several times already, but afterwards, you two should work things out... Unless, you want her to run away again..." he smirks after the last sentence. Helping people has always been something Charm enjoyed to do, but it doesn't hurt to mess with the snooty wealthy class a bit.
__________________
Charminions is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #1090
Slash
Poison Jam
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,019
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
CLOUD GARDEN

Cloud Forest: A huge forest that surrounds the Rainbow Road, it's surprisingly always bright no matter what time of day it is. The forest acts as a home to most (if not all) Grass and Bug type pokemon and also several other forest dwelling types. Just try not to get lost.
OOC: I'm doing this as a double adventure of sorts for both my Dewott and Pignite, who are largely rivals. Just going to make an OOC suggestion here about double battles: I'd love to be able to experience them here with the two fighting together. Just wanted to make the suggestion.

Profile

Kairne looked on as Landstar's swinging scalchop was blocked by the strong arm of his Pignite, Gilford. Grabbing the Dewott's arm, he flips him over him in a reversal. Catching himself midair, Landstar flips in the air, landing lightly on the balls of his feet. Going with the momentum, he stabs with his other scalchop, knocking the pig off his feet and onto his back.

"Round four, Landstar!" Kairne called out. "Two for each of you. Again. That's all for today, okay?" His two Pokémon nodded, although a bit begrudgingly so.

Kairne knew their rivalry would never end, especially not when they were so equal in strength. It would drive them both harder, though. It was a particularly big motivation for Gilford, who would otherwise be a bit of a big baby, not knowing his own strength. What drove him to train so hard was Landstar; always so powerful, Landstar seemed to overshadow him, and drive him to catch up. Kairne knew Gilford couldn't express why he only felt like that with Landstar, didn't quite understand it himself, but he knew they were natural-born rivals from the very first.

From Landstar's perspective, it was quite different. He was dedicated to training, and highly disciplined, or at least strove to be. Normally, he did quite well, but from the moment he caught the Pignite's eye, there was an odd motivation to be better. Gilford was stronger but Landstar was faster, with both of them trying to keep up with the other. Just as he brought out the Pignite's disciplined side, there was just something about Gilford that made Landstar's normally cool demeanour turn fiery and passionate. A rivalry born instantly between the two.

After getting the two cooled down and their tempers settled, Kairne looked down the path of the Cloud Forest they had been on before deciding to take a break and spar a bit. Keeping himself between the two Pokémon, the three resumed their trek through the woods, all three feeling the soft dirt, crunchy leaves, and slightly uncomfortable pine needles on the path floor on their bare feet. Kairne relaxed into the sounds of the forest, although, he thought, it could stand to be a bit dimmer around these parts. A nice day for a walk, he thought to himself.
Slash is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #1091
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL
 
Celebii151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Getting 5 manned bot
Posts: 3,331
Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Omanyte All Things Come In Good Time...

Well, life is no longer hectic, so I can update again! *Cue cheers from updatees*. King Ghidorah is inactive, so his adventure is on hold. I have 2 slots open now, so get 'em while they're hot. Also, Ex-Admiral Insane, you have to go through the Arcane Realm first, but you have a reserved slot for when you do. Never mind, you're allowed in. Also, if you could all link to your profile, either in your sig or in the post, that would be excellent.

Space Path

Son_of_Shadows


You decide to leave your fate to chance as you play a game of luck to decide whether to go left or right. Ultimately, your carefully thought through decision leaves you going right. You gingerly step onto the panel, and are met by a flash of white light. When the white light dissipates, you find yourself at the end of a hallway, with stairs leading upwards at the end, and many doors down the path. You look in each room, thankfully each one is empty, but there is no sign of Minccino in any of the rooms. You decide to go upstairs, carefully making sure you’re not detected. When you get upstairs, you come across what you deduce as the laboratory. You see many machines, test tubes and other things of the sort scattered around. But Minccino is nowhere to be found. You go past the lab, and you find yourself faced with another fork in your path. The hallway splits in two. However, you don’t know what is at the end of either corridor, or if you even stepped on the correct warp panel. You could go back and check the other warp panel, or you could try your luck with one of these paths…

What will you do?


Stardust Fields

Itzatrap

The underground battle continues, with Golbat making the first move, flapping his grounded with to create compressed, hardened Air as sharp as a razor Cutter, sending it towards Olli. Olli has no time to dodge it, and is knocked back. However, it seems this Air Cutter has scored a critical hit! Olli gets back up and stares hard at the Golbat, Leering it down as well as he can. The Golbat flinches a bit, and his defense is lowered. Olli jumps on the opportunity to gather his Strength and slam his tiny body into the Golbat, knocking it to the ground. The Golbat somehow gets back up, after a lot of fumbling, while Olli catches his breath. Then Golbat opens its mouth wide and spews a flurry of Swift stars at the Olli, who tries to dodge, but to no avail, as they are too quick, and he is pelted by the barrage. The Golbat follows it up with a Super Fang attack, its fangs clamping down hard on Olli. Olli collapses, and seems fainted. At that moment, the flame on his rear becomes much bigger, his Blaze ability coming into effect and he lets out an absolutely decimating FlameThrower, boosted by Nasty Plot, which engulfs the poor Golbat in flames. As the smoke clears, the Golbat is fainted. It seems that Bob’s Sandslash has finished off the Swoobat with a Night Slash, so you guys are clear. Level up for Olli. Bob recalls his Sandslash and runs towards you. “Your Chimchar seems hurt. Here, let me heal him,” he says, pulling out a Super Potion which he applies to Olli. Olli’s flame size reduces and he seems to feel much better. “Let’s keep going.” Bob says as you continue walking down the tunnel, this time using Olli’s flame as a light. Eventually, you come across a gap in the floor that is about 10 feet across to the other side, where the tunnel continues. You toss a rock inside the abyss, and after a few seconds, you hear it land in water. You assume that there is something down at the end of the hole, but you may not want to take your chances and find a way across.

What will you do?


Fountain Garden

Meetan


Mark dismounts his impressive Skarmory, and begins walking towards you and Swinub. You tell Swinub that with this polluted environment in the usually beautiful Fountain Garden, you may have to switch him out if Mark attacks. You expect Mark begins taunting or insulting you, but he opens his mouth and he says. “Hello. You must be wondering why I’m here, and why I have a Skarmory.” You nod your head in response. “My father thinks all I have is my Hoppip. He doesn’t know anything. He doesn’t know that some days, I go to the other parts of the Cloud Garden to explore, train and catch Pokemon like I always wanted to do.” He says, his grin fading a bit. “I was jealous when you came, and my father asked you to get the berries for him. You! When his own son is right in front of him.” He says with a sigh. “Anyway, I snuck out and I followed you for two reasons. One, I’m not letting you get all the glory, and two, with only that Swinub, I don’t think you’ll be able to do very well in the Fountain Garden, though I’m not sure there are any Water-Types here anymore…” he looks around at the garbage and trash laying everywhere. “Osha!” you hear, as you turn around, and see an Oshawott being attacked by a Weezing and two Koffing. They continuously Tackle it inbetween themselves, as if playing volleyball. Eventually, the Oshawott collapses on the floor, and the trio of Poison-Types laugh. Mark yells at them, and they turn and cease laughing. “Hey! Yeah, I’m talking to you sludgebrains! Knock it off!” The Poison-Types merely laugh again and shoot off a volley of Sludge Bombs at him, but luckily his Skarmory dives in the path of the attack, harmlessly splattering off its steel body. “That does it!” Mark yells. “Skarmory, Brave Bird that Weezing!” he commands.

What will you do?


Cloud Forest

Jolteonjak


As Spearow continues glowing in a blinding light, you tell Cyndaquil to prepare, just in case it is an attack. Cyndaquil spews Smoke every, acting as a Screen between Spearow and Cyndaquil. Spearow then flies up high into the Sky, above the entire Cloud Forest, then dives down through the smoke to Attack Cyndaquil, its Keen Eye ability rendering the Smokescreen useless as he strikes Cyndaquil with his sharp beak, hard. Cyndaquil is knocked back extremely hard, but somehow manages to get back up, panting hard. He lets out another volley of Swift stars, which move through the smoke to hit Spearow, who has no chance of dodging. Spearow had exhausted a large amount of energy with the Sky Attack, and so takes this time to rest a bit, before becoming cloaked in another harsh light. Cyndaquil decides to once again show Spearow his Hidden Power, this time the orbs glowing a bright yellow, which crash into the glowing Spearow. At the end of the round, Cyndaquil was only hit by one attack, but it hit really hard. Spearow took a bit more damage than Cyndaquil, and both Pokemon are badly damaged. Cyndaquil used more energy than Spearow, but both Pokemon need a rest.

What will you do?

Kairne

You sigh as your Dewott and Pignite fight once again, this time, the Water-Type coming out on top. The two Pokemon decide to take a break from fighting, and instead take a walk with you, taking in the beauty and tranquility of the forest; the Bird Pokemon chirping, the Normal Pokemon squeaking and the other Pokemon doing other things that add to the peacefulness of the forest. However, your walk is disturbed when two Energy Balls are blasted in front of you, causing an explosion and pushing you and your Pokemon back. When you get back up, you see a wild Shelmet and Karrablast have appeared; it seems they want to battle your Pokemon!

What will you do?


The Rose Arch

Uhhhhh
*Repost*

With the sharp thorned roses wrapping around your legs every moment, you order the unharmed monkey duo to use Fury Swipes to destroy the vines which constrict you. They heed their orders, furiously slashing away at the roses, destroying them within seconds, with such accuracy that they manage not to get a scratch on you. You thank your Pokemon for their help, but then remember the Whimsicott. You rush down the pathway, and take the same turn that the Whimsicott took. The next hallway is long, and filled with less roses, much less than the last hall. No chance of you sneezing here. You start to slow down to catch your breath, but then you trip over something. Looking back, you see a cut tripwire. You look forward as a massive tree stump is swung towards you.

What will you do?


The Oasis

Ex-Admiral Insane


You wonder why you decided to come to the Oasis in the first place as you trek through the sandy dunes, constantly complaining, much to Rags’ dismay. Eventually, you decide to take off your shirt and use it as a makeshift hat, blocking some of the sun, and letting some heat out. You place Rags on your head, so he can have a break from dragging you around, and you keep walking. After a while, you hear Rags’ stomach growl, and laugh before your own stomach growls even louder. You decide to lay down for a while, as the sun is setting. Rags eagerly watches the sun set over the horizon as you bring out some food that you brought. The two of you dig in, then fall asleep next to each other. The next morning, you continue in search of water and adventure. Your sight begins to get blurry, and Rags tugs on your trousers. You ignore it, however, but not by choice, as your judgement is beginning to become clouded, and so is your eyesight. You realize that the desert is becoming engulfed by a dense fog, and you stop moving. Eventually, the fog begins to clear, and instead of the endless world of sand that you saw before, you find yourself in a room. A room with walls surrounding you and no apparent exits. All of a sudden, a portion of the wall in front of you begins you lower, revealing a passage.

What will you do?

Last edited by Celebii151; 03-25-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Celebii151 is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 AM   #1092
Slash
Poison Jam
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,019
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott

OOC: Thanks for taking this, Cele. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post

Cloud Forest

Kairne

You sigh as your Dewott and Pignite fight once again, this time, the Water-Type coming out on top. The two Pokemon decide to take a break from fighting, and instead take a walk with you, taking in the beauty and tranquility of the forest; the Bird Pokemon chirping, the Normal Pokemon squeaking and the other Pokemon doing other things that add to the peacefulness of the forest. However, your walk is disturbed when two Energy Balls are blasted in front of you, causing an explosion and pushing you and your Pokemon back. When you get back up, you see a wild Shelmet and Karrablast have appeared; it seems they want to battle your Pokemon!

What will you do?
Profile

Kairne walked the path with his Dewott and Pignite, fairly tied in strength, at his sides. The warmth radiated and soothed the trio, as the sounds of the forest, the gentle chirping and squaking of the native Pokémon in the area just adding to the overall comfort of being there. Such a relaxation between the three that they did not quite keep too steady an eye on where they were going, as it seemed they might have intruded into the protected territory of certain Pokémon. A pair of glowing green Balls of Energy flew at them, but, as mere luck would have it, they crashed into the earth right in front of the trekking group, exploding with force. Knocked back, but otherwise unharmed, the three got to their feet. In the clearing smoke from the blast, Kairne looked up to see a matched pair, a Karrablast and a Shelmet, looking ready for a battle. Kairne popped open his olive PokéDex to get some information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéDex
Shelmet, the Snail Pokémon. When attacked, it defends itself by closing the lid of its shell. It can spit a sticky, poisonous liquid. Type: Bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéDex
Karrablast, the Clamping Pokémon. When they feel threatened, they spit an acidic liquid to drive attackers away. This Pokémon targets Shelmet. Type: Bug
"Landstar, Gilford, step up," Kairne said to the two Pokémon flanking him. "Time for some teamwork." The two nodded. As they complied, Kairne, still holding his PokéDex, noted that in the wild, Shelmet and Karrablast do not typically know the move Energy Ball. Perhaps these are special ones, or maybe they are already trainer-owned. He could not hazard a guess as to which, not with the limited information he possessed. Of course, it could just mean the two had allies backing them up. In the forest, of course, that would not be any surprise. Some Grass-type might just be secretly supporting them. Regardless, Kairne had to be careful.

"Let's sync up, guys! Gilford, show that Karrablast an impressive Flamethrower!" Kairne ordered his Pignite. Turning to his Dewott, he called out, "Landstar, back him up with Copycat, using Gilford's Flamethrower on the Shelmet. Then, Landstar, follow up with a Focus Energy!" Kairne kept his eyes and ears open and aware as his duo prepared to battle.
Slash is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #1093
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL
 
Celebii151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Getting 5 manned bot
Posts: 3,331
Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Yanmega Rapid Fire Update? Rapid Fire Update.

Cloud Garden

Kairne
Just a note, you can order up to three attacks per round per Pokemon, but it makes it kind of fusterclucky.

You order your pair of Pokemon to sync up and prepare for the battle of the boisterous Bugs. You volley your orders and the pair nod acknowledgement, before turning to face the Bugs. Gilford is the first to move, igniting his inner fire to help him spew out a burning FlameThrower which speeds towards Karrablast. However, the Clamping Pokemon keeps an ace up his sleeve, spinning around quickly to perform a Swords Dance, generating wind which blows away most of the FlameThrower, but it is still hit by some of it, making it step back in slight fear of the fire. Landstar is quick on the ball, acting like a Copycat and firing his own FlameThrower, at Shelmet this time. However, Shelmet creates a Protective green sphere around itself, which absorbs the the FlameThrower. The Karrablast decides to make a move, lowering its tiny horn as it rushes at Gilford. At the last moment, the Karrablast jumps up and Pecks Gilford on the head, causing him to yelp in pain. Landstar decides to prepare for his next move, Focusing his Energy, heightening his senses. The Shelmet closes the round by using Struggle Bug, a pulse of Bug Energy heading towards Landstar, who manages to dodge it by jumping high with his heightened senses, landing on his feet. This first round seemed to be not in your favor; Gilford being the one to take the most damage and Karrablast having a Swords Dance boost. However, the Bugs have used a bit more energy than you have, particularly Shelmet.

What will you do?
Celebii151 is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #1094
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck
 
Son_of_Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Space Path

Son_of_Shadows


You decide to leave your fate to chance as you play a game of luck to decide whether to go left or right. Ultimately, your carefully thought through decision leaves you going right. You gingerly step onto the panel, and are met by a flash of white light. When the white light dissipates, you find yourself at the end of a hallway, with stairs leading upwards at the end, and many doors down the path. You look in each room, thankfully each one is empty, but there is no sign of Minccino in any of the rooms. You decide to go upstairs, carefully making sure you’re not detected. When you get upstairs, you come across what you deduce as the laboratory. You see many machines, test tubes and other things of the sort scattered around. But Minccino is nowhere to be found. You go past the lab, and you find yourself faced with another fork in your path. The hallway splits in two. However, you don’t know what is at the end of either corridor, or if you even stepped on the correct warp panel. You could go back and check the other warp panel, or you could try your luck with one of these paths…

What will you do?

Joshua couldn't help but groan as he reached yet another fork in the road... So to speak. He was still in a building after all. A really creepy, mostly mechanical, terrorist building, but still. A building. Not a road. Definitely not a ro- Was he really having this conversation in his head? Good Lord. Priorities much? Mincinno's decision to get lost was clearly causing him some slight hassle and stress at this point if he was allowing his mind to wander to this extent. It was how he dealt with crises. Ignore them as much as he could and distract himself as much as possible.

It almost never worked. But hey.

But what now? Continue down one of the paths, or go back and try his luck with the other panel? Surely Mincinno wouldn't have come this far down without either being captured or spotted though. More to the point, why come this far alone? Yeah, it was probably time to go back. And so, being exceptionally careful and stealthy, Joshua retreated back downstairs to the warp panel he'd come from, to reach the one he'd ignored. If only he had a cardboard box for optimum stealthitude...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Why are you always a pretty princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #1095
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar
 
uhhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 1,466
Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
The Rose Arch

Uhhhhh
*Repost*

With the sharp thorned roses wrapping around your legs every moment, you order the unharmed monkey duo to use Fury Swipes to destroy the vines which constrict you. They heed their orders, furiously slashing away at the roses, destroying them within seconds, with such accuracy that they manage not to get a scratch on you. You thank your Pokemon for their help, but then remember the Whimsicott. You rush down the pathway, and take the same turn that the Whimsicott took. The next hallway is long, and filled with less roses, much less than the last hall. No chance of you sneezing here. You start to slow down to catch your breath, but then you trip over something. Looking back, you see a cut tripwire. You look forward as a massive tree stump is swung towards you.

What will you do?
After being ordered to cut the thorned roses from Connor's leg, Gaspard and Sylvester immediately swiped with their claws the vines that were slowly covering Connor. They monkey duo managed to remove the vines off him with surprisingly great care as the Aipom and Pansage somehow did not leave any damage on Connor. "Ah... thanks you two," he smiled at them as he slowly stood up, the two monkeys climbing to each of his shoulders as he did. "Hmmm, this temple seems to be filled with traps," Connor thought as Gaspard and Sylvester silently stared at him, thinking the same thing. "I imagine that that's not the only trap around here. There could be more of those lying around. This temple doesn't seem to like outsiders that much... we just have to be careful then," he said to them as they both nodded in agreement. It was then at Connor remembered the Whimsicott from earlier, "Ah, that's right! The Whimsicott! It went this way right?" he said as he walked to where the Whimsicott had turned and slowly walked as he took more pictures of the place and looked around for traps that he might accidentally trigger.

"Hmmm... this temple is pretty big isn't it? It also has traps too... what could this place actually be? Could it be hiding something?" he said to both Gaspard and Sylvester, "Hey Sylvester, you ever been to this temple before?" he asked the Pansage as he snapped yet another photo. But before the Grass Monkey could reply to him, Connor did trip onto something even though the photographer was trying to be extremely careful on not doing so, "Whoa! Lost my footing there for a second. What did I tri-oh... oh no." he said as he saw the tripwire that has been cut. He turned around to the path again, only to see a huge tree stump being swung at the group. Naturally, they were frightened to see it heading towards them. The first thing that Connor was to run away from the stump as Gapsard and Sylvester had no conceivable way of destroying the giant stump. Another thing was that it can only follow them from a certain distance before it has to swing back up again. If they managed to reach that distance, then that means that they were in the clear. "AIPOM?!" "PANSAGE?!" "Gah, turn back, turn back!" he said to the two as they all ran away from the huge tree stump.
__________________



WF
Fitz/Siobahn



Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL

uhhhhh is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #1096
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Well, life is no longer hectic, so I can update again! *Cue cheers from updatees*. King Ghidorah is inactive, so his adventure is on hold. I have 2 slots open now, so get 'em while they're hot. Also, Ex-Admiral Insane, you have to go through the Arcane Realm first, but you have a reserved slot for when you do. Never mind, you're allowed in. Also, if you could all link to your profile, either in your sig or in the post, that would be excellent.

Fountain Garden

Meetan


Mark dismounts his impressive Skarmory, and begins walking towards you and Swinub. You tell Swinub that with this polluted environment in the usually beautiful Fountain Garden, you may have to switch him out if Mark attacks. You expect Mark begins taunting or insulting you, but he opens his mouth and he says. “Hello. You must be wondering why I’m here, and why I have a Skarmory.” You nod your head in response. “My father thinks all I have is my Hoppip. He doesn’t know anything. He doesn’t know that some days, I go to the other parts of the Cloud Garden to explore, train and catch Pokemon like I always wanted to do.” He says, his grin fading a bit. “I was jealous when you came, and my father asked you to get the berries for him. You! When his own son is right in front of him.” He says with a sigh. “Anyway, I snuck out and I followed you for two reasons. One, I’m not letting you get all the glory, and two, with only that Swinub, I don’t think you’ll be able to do very well in the Fountain Garden, though I’m not sure there are any Water-Types here anymore…” he looks around at the garbage and trash laying everywhere. “Osha!” you hear, as you turn around, and see an Oshawott being attacked by a Weezing and two Koffing. They continuously Tackle it inbetween themselves, as if playing volleyball. Eventually, the Oshawott collapses on the floor, and the trio of Poison-Types laugh. Mark yells at them, and they turn and cease laughing. “Hey! Yeah, I’m talking to you sludgebrains! Knock it off!” The Poison-Types merely laugh again and shoot off a volley of Sludge Bombs at him, but luckily his Skarmory dives in the path of the attack, harmlessly splattering off its steel body. “That does it!” Mark yells. “Skarmory, Brave Bird that Weezing!” he commands.

What will you do?


((FFF I MISSED A RAPID FIRE UPDATE BECAUSE OF MY LAZINESS! FML. Also, welcome back, Cele. <3 Also, as this is one of her early adventures, I'll say that Swinub, Torchic and Pineco are her only team members currently. Damn - so much for Bagon and his Zen Headbutt, haha! Profile.))

Alice listened, and she felt her temper deflate as Mark kept talking. It reminded her of her own situation back at home, where her mother considered her almost useless, and constantly worried for her well-being. If she had realised her 'little girl' had somehow ended up in the clouds, she would throw a fit.

"Well, then. Maybe you should get the glory, and I'll just escort you to make sure you're alright." The teenager offered. She wanted a reward like the selfish little bish she was, but maybe the father would give her something anyway, for ensuring his son's safety and bringing the family closer together or whathaveyou. Before she could go on, the cries of a victimised Oshawott caught her ears.

"That poor thing! Hey-- bugger off!" Alice cursed under her breath, glancing down at her fuzzy piglet. "Change of plan. Mark says you're not suited to this place? We'll show how tough you really are. Swinub! Use Mud Bomb to try and blind Wheezing! Then give it a double dose of Ice Beam!" She commanded. Her Pokemon nodded with determination, dashing forward with the speed its species were known for to help out its ally in the fray.
Meetan is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #1097
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL
 
Celebii151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Getting 5 manned bot
Posts: 3,331
Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Umbreon Making Up For Lost Time...

Space Path

Son_of_Shadows


You decide to go the safer and more probable route, not taking your chances with the split path. You walk back down the stairs and down the hallway, stepping on the warp panel, sending you back to the room where you battled those grunts. You step on the left warp panel, and you find yourself in a room that is completely empty, save for an exit into a hallway. You decide that there is no way that Minccino could be in here, so you walk down the hallway. The hallway turns right, and you follow the path. Like the other hallway, this one has many rooms, you see a bedroom and a lounging room, alongside a kitchen and other rooms. You keep walking, and eventually here something yell out. “Min!” You begin running towards the source, and you enter a huge room that could be an arena or training room, filled with other trainers like you and a purple-haired woman with a Skuntank by her side. Minccino is on the other side of a room, in a cage guarded by a Galactic Grunt. The purple-haired woman speaks to you. “Hello. I’m Jupiter. You must be here to apply for the position of Team Galactic Grunt. Please join the line of trainers.” She says. You open your mouth to object, then you hear her Skuntank growl and you get the feeling that its bite is a bad as its bite. You step in the line on the side of the room with the trainers and she speaks as if she is lecturing you. “Now, you are all here to become Galactic Grunts. However, we only need one Grunt, so all eight of you must battle, tournament style. As I am feeling particularly generous today, not only will you become a Grunt if you win, but you will also obtain this Minccino we found wandering around.” She says. You gulp at the thought of one of these trainers getting their hands on Minccino. They must be bad if they want to become part of Team Galactic. Jupiter walks past the line and points at various people of the group. “You against you. You versus you. You, fight him. And you.” She points at you. “Against her. Your match is first.” She says, pointing at a girl about your age. The two of you advance to the stadium, and she sends out her Pokemon. It is a Croagunk which adopts a fighting stance.

What will you do?


Fountain Garden

Meetan


You feel insulted as Mark tells you that Swinub ‘isn’t suited to the Fountain Garden’. You decide to send Swinub into the fray alongside Skarmory. As Skarmory prepares to attack Weezing with its Brave Bird attack, Swinub rushes into the battle, spewing out a Bomb of Mud that flies towards Weezing. As it seems that it is about to hit it, one of the Koffing moves in the way and is hit by the exploding Mud Bomb, knocking it to the ground, but protecting its boss. Just then, Skarmory unleashes its attack, rushing at Weezing, surrounded in a blue miasma. The move strikes Weezing, knocking it to the ground while Skarmory screeches as it takes some recoil damage. It is then the Weezing’s turn to fight, as it taps into its Psychic Energy, firing a Psybeam at Swinub, knocking him back a bit, but leaving him confusion free. The Koffing duo charge up a Shadow Ball together, making it double its normal size, before firing it at Skarmory. The Shadow Ball explodes on Skarmory’s steel hide, and a ghostly wind escapes from it, battering Skarmory, even though it is not very effective on him. Mark orders Skarmory again. “Skarmory, Steel Wing on one of those Koffing!” he orders, as Skarmory’s wings begin to glow and it strikes the Koffing that was previously hit by the Mud Bomb, but it still manages to get back up. Swinub charges up an orb, then fires a jagged Beam of Ice at Weezing, who takes it head-on, but manages to keep afloat. The Weezing decides to hide itself, using Haze to cover the field in a thick Haze, leaving Swinub unable to see any of the Poison-Types. However, he can still smell them with his good nose, and fires off another Ice Beam, hitting Weezing again. In the end, Swinub is still pumped for battle, having used a fair amount of energy. One Koffing is nearly knocked out, and the other is still fine. The Weezing has taken a heavy toll, but has barely used any energy. Skarmory is still fine on both accounts.

What will you do?


The Rose Arch

Uhhhhh


You are certain that there is no plausible way to destroy the massive log that is being swung towards, so you and your Pokemon RUN LIKE HELL! You scientifically deduce that it can only swing a certain distance before swing back up, so you keep running. Eventually, the log reaches the turning point of its swing, but then, it gets disconnected from whatever was holding it up, and it is now sliding towards you at high speed. You realize that there is no way to get out of this alive, so you just recall Gaspard to his Pokeball, and try to return Sylvester to his Pokeball, but he dodges it and hits the wall with Vine Whip, pushing a loose brick inside. As the log is about to hit you, a wall rises out of the floor, and blocks it completely, before lowering. You hug Sylvester so hard that he can’t breathe. At this point you are certain that he has been here before, and you ask him, to be certain. He nods his head in response. You are surprised that he has been here before, but keep walking on, after many turns in the long hallway, and Sylvester showing you where all the traps are, you reach the end of the temple. In a chamber, there is a Magical Rose laying atop an altar. When you approach it a voice speaks. “Who dares to enter the Rose Temple?” A teenage girl, about eighteen emerges from the shadows, wearing a long robe with an intricate rose pattern, and a rose in her hair. She notices Sylvester by your side. “Pansage? What are you doing with this intruder?” she asks. “Actually, I’ll ask him myself.” She says. She turn to you and speaks. “Who are you, and what are you doing here with Pansage?” she asks.

What will you do?

Last edited by Celebii151; 03-26-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Celebii151 is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #1098
Slash
Poison Jam
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,019
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Cloud Garden

Kairne
Just a note, you can order up to three attacks per round per Pokemon, but it makes it kind of fusterclucky.

You order your pair of Pokemon to sync up and prepare for the battle of the boisterous Bugs. You volley your orders and the pair nod acknowledgement, before turning to face the Bugs. Gilford is the first to move, igniting his inner fire to help him spew out a burning FlameThrower which speeds towards Karrablast. However, the Clamping Pokemon keeps an ace up his sleeve, spinning around quickly to perform a Swords Dance, generating wind which blows away most of the FlameThrower, but it is still hit by some of it, making it step back in slight fear of the fire. Landstar is quick on the ball, acting like a Copycat and firing his own FlameThrower, at Shelmet this time. However, Shelmet creates a Protective green sphere around itself, which absorbs the the FlameThrower. The Karrablast decides to make a move, lowering its tiny horn as it rushes at Gilford. At the last moment, the Karrablast jumps up and Pecks Gilford on the head, causing him to yelp in pain. Landstar decides to prepare for his next move, Focusing his Energy, heightening his senses. The Shelmet closes the round by using Struggle Bug, a pulse of Bug Energy heading towards Landstar, who manages to dodge it by jumping high with his heightened senses, landing on his feet. This first round seemed to be not in your favor; Gilford being the one to take the most damage and Karrablast having a Swords Dance boost. However, the Bugs have used a bit more energy than you have, particularly Shelmet.

What will you do?
Profile

Kairne watched cautiously as the battle commenced before him. He had tried to strike the weak points of this insect duo but had been outmaneuvered. Gilford in particular was showing some visible signs of taking damage, although he noticed that the Karrablast had not come out of the flame attack unscathed, either. There was definitely still some significant hope for this battle yet. His Pignite still looked fresh and ready, and full of fire, while his Dewott was showing just how sharp his instincts and reflexes were. The two were great partners, so no doubt they could pull this together and put these bugs in their places.

Kairne watched the battle while keeping an eye on his PokéDex. If a new threat showed up, he definitely wanted to be the first to know all about it. "Gilford, lead the charge," he said to the slightly battered pig. "Flame Charge, that is, aimed at the Karrablast." He nodded. "Landstar," Kairne followed up, "Follow that up with a Water Gun on Karrablast. Gilford, strike after that with a ThunderPunch on the same target. Then use your best Razor Shell on the Shelmet, Landstar."

Kairne looked on as the battle got heavier.
Slash is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #1099
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck
 
Son_of_Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Space Path

Son_of_Shadows


You decide to go the safer and more probable route, not taking your chances with the split path. You walk back down the stairs and down the hallway, stepping on the warp panel, sending you back to the room where you battled those grunts. You step on the left warp panel, and you find yourself in a room that is completely empty, save for an exit into a hallway. You decide that there is no way that Minccino could be in here, so you walk down the hallway. The hallway turns right, and you follow the path. Like the other hallway, this one has many rooms, you see a bedroom and a lounging room, alongside a kitchen and other rooms. You keep walking, and eventually here something yell out. “Min!” You begin running towards the source, and you enter a huge room that could be an arena or training room, filled with other trainers like you and a purple-haired woman with a Skuntank by her side. Minccino is on the other side of a room, in a cage guarded by a Galactic Grunt. The purple-haired woman speaks to you. “Hello. I’m Jupiter. You must be here to apply for the position of Team Galactic Grunt. Please join the line of trainers.” She says. You open your mouth to object, then you hear her Skuntank growl and you get the feeling that its bite is a bad as its bite. You step in the line on the side of the room with the trainers and she speaks as if she is lecturing you. “Now, you are all here to become Galactic Grunts. However, we only need one Grunt, so all eight of you must battle, tournament style. As I am feeling particularly generous today, not only will you become a Grunt if you win, but you will also obtain this Minccino we found wandering around.” She says. You gulp at the thought of one of these trainers getting their hands on Minccino. They must be bad if they want to become part of Team Galactic. Jupiter walks past the line and points at various people of the group. “You against you. You versus you. You, fight him. And you.” She points at you. “Against her. Your match is first.” She says, pointing at a girl about your age. The two of you advance to the stadium, and she sends out her Pokemon. It is a Croagunk which adopts a fighting stance.

What will you do?

A few warps later, Joshua found himself at the entrance to a hallway. If Mincinno had come this way, it was obvious where she'd gone at least. No split paths or anything. Thank God. Split paths had always been the bane of Joshua's existence, especially when he had a compulsion to investigate both out of sheer curiosity. He didn't have time for those shenanigans. All they had to do was find that Granbull's former trainer, make her apologise to it (possibly under the threat of violence) and the forest would be safe from its tyranny. This shouldn't be difficult, right?

Weeeeeeeeeeeell...

Eventually, Mincinno's cry rang out through the hall, and Joshua immediately began to pick up speed as he ran towards it. Entering a room, he found Mincinno was trapped in a cage, and there were eight other trainers in the room. Seven of them were unfamiliar, but he recognised the eighth from the news reports. Galactic Admin Jupiter. Her Skuntank's Flamethrower attack was noted as particularly nasty. She approached him and introduced herself. Evidently, Joshua had accidentally wandered into a job interview. He was about to speak, but realised correcting her would probably be a bad move. As in the kind of move that would get him slightly killed. Slightly. Jupiter's Skuntank growled at him and he just complied, unwilling to taste that Flamethrower. Jupiter proceeded to explain that only one new Grunt was needed, and that the applicants were going to fight it out to determine the best battler. Well, it was certainly a sensible approach on their part, he supposed. And then she said something that made him more resolute to win. The winner of the tournament would also win Mincinno for their own purposes. These trainers... What kind of trainer were they? If they were applying for Team Galactic, probably not the nicest. Then again, they could be on crazy rescue missions too, and have stumbled into this interview by accident...

Yeah, that was wishful thinking.

Joshua was partnered up to battle a girl with a Croagunk. He couldn't afford to show any mercy here. He was about to send out his Munna, Steven, to deal with this frog, but remembered that Croagunk can learn a lot of Dark type moves. Too risky. Trucy the Kadabra was in the same boat. Bishop was still a little worn down too from his earlier battle. As his strongest Pokémon, Joshua wanted to save him for an emergency. So the logical choice in this case was... "Cloudy! You're up!" Joshua threw his Pokéball, causing his Swablu to appear in a flash of light. He knew he could outmanoeuvre and overpower this Croagunk with ease thanks to his Flying type. "Cloudy, show no mercy - hit him hard and fast with an Acrobatics, then Hyper Voice him at close range! Blow him back with a Heat Wave after that!"


This adventure is kickass right now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Why are you always a pretty princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #1100
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar
 
uhhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 1,466
Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
The Rose Arch

Uhhhhh


You are certain that there is no plausible way to destroy the massive log that is being swung towards, so you and your Pokemon RUN LIKE HELL! You scientifically deduce that it can only swing a certain distance before swing back up, so you keep running. Eventually, the log reaches the turning point of its swing, but then, it gets disconnected from whatever was holding it up, and it is now sliding towards you at high speed. You realize that there is no way to get out of this alive, so you just recall Gaspard to his Pokeball, and try to return Sylvester to his Pokeball, but he dodges it and hits the wall with Vine Whip, pushing a loose brick inside. As the log is about to hit you, a wall rises out of the floor, and blocks it completely, before lowering. You hug Sylvester so hard that he can’t breathe. At this point you are certain that he has been here before, and you ask him, to be certain. He nods his head in response. You are surprised that he has been here before, but keep walking on, after many turns in the long hallway, and Sylvester showing you where all the traps are, you reach the end of the temple. In a chamber, there is a Magical Rose laying atop an altar. When you approach it a voice speaks. “Who dares to enter the Rose Temple?” A teenage girl, about eighteen emerges from the shadows, wearing a long robe with an intricate rose pattern, and a rose in her hair. She notices Sylvester by your side. “Pansage? What are you doing with this intruder?” she asks. “Actually, I’ll ask him myself.” She says. She turn to you and speaks. “Who are you, and what are you doing here with Pansage?” she asks.

What will you do?
Connor, Gaspard, and Sylvester continue to run away from the stump that was threatening to approach them. Eventually the stump swung back up, just as Connor had deduced. "Oh good we're safe!" the photographer thought and sighed in relief.

He was wrong. Very wrong.

The stump that was going to him had somehow been disconnected from whatever was holding him. Connor and Gaspard turned pale. It was approaching to them faster than ever and there was no way that they could outrun it. "No... is this how it ends?" he thought. "Well, I could at least..." he held out two Pokeballs. Connor managed to withdraw Gaspard, much to the Aipom's surprise and as he was about to withdraw Sylvester, the Pansage dodged the beam and instead used a Vine Whip, hitting a brick in the wall. "Sylvester, what are you doing?!" Connor shouted out. It was then that a wall rises on the floor, and just in time too as it blocked the stump from getting any closer to them.

"Wha..." Connor barely spoke after what had just happened to them. He then tightly hugged the Pansage, "Oh Sylvester, thanks a lot! You saved me back there!" he said to him as the Pansage was calling out to him, telling him that he was choking him in his hug. "Pan... sage..." "Oh sorry! But wait... how did you know about that wall? I don't think that what you did was mere coincidence..." he finally said to him. "Sylvester... do you... do you know this place? Have you been here before?" the Pansage nodded at him. "Really? You could have told that there was a trap there you know!" he frowned as Sylvester gave him a nervous laugh as if telling him that he has a point. Connor sighed, "Anyway, since you know this place so much, is there anywhere that you'd like to take me to?" the Pansage then nodded to him with the big grin and gestured Connor to follow him, while pointing to where the traps are and avoid it.

Eventually, Connor and Sylvester reached the end of the temple where a Magical Rose was lying on top of the altar. "That rose... it's beautiful..." Connor stared in wonder. "So... uh... Sylvester, why did you take me here?" before the Pansage could reply to him, the two of them were both startled as another person spoke, “Who dares to enter the Rose Temple?” A girl in a long robe appeared before Connor and Sylvester. "Oh, um, I'm sorry I mean no harm, honest! I just happened to spot this temple you see.." Connor explained to her as she notices Sylvester by his side. “Pansage? What are you doing with this intruder? Actually, I’ll ask him myself,” She then turns around to Connor and speaks, “Who are you, and what are you doing here with Pansage?” Connor then spoke up, "Right... my name is Connor. Connor Connelly. I'm a photographer. As to why Sylvester... I mean, Pansage, is with me, well... I battled and caught him, fair and square. He can attest to that," Sylvester nodded at her confirming what he said. "Like I said, as to why I'm here, I just happened to spot the place and Pansage over here guided me to this place. To be honest miss, I'm not really sure why he made go to this particular room... Sylvester, why did you take me here?" he said to the Pansage.
__________________



WF
Fitz/Siobahn



Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL

uhhhhh is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.